Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Grey's Anatomy

Is anyone still watching this?

by Anonymousreply 89August 15, 2020 12:57 AM

No.

They killed off Lexie and Arizona lost her leg

by Anonymousreply 1October 1, 2012 4:58 AM

I'm a fan, but the premiere was a bit weak in areas.

I hope Owen and Christina stay separated and seek out different partners.

by Anonymousreply 2October 1, 2012 4:59 AM

No it's boring

by Anonymousreply 3October 1, 2012 5:01 AM

I watched, but the most interesting thing about it was not intended by the writers or producers: One of the major stars, Eric Dane, looked like a methhead.

No wonder they killed him off. He must have been uninsurable.

by Anonymousreply 4October 1, 2012 5:04 AM

Looked like = is, r4

by Anonymousreply 5October 1, 2012 5:08 AM

So three characters dead? Lexie, Arizona, and Slone?

Everyone else magically untouched, except for Shepard, who is mostly okay just some dramatic numbness?

Really?

by Anonymousreply 6October 1, 2012 5:09 AM

Arizona isn't dead, just her leg is gone.

She and Lexie were my two favorite characters, and I hate how the GA execs let Chyler Leigh go.

by Anonymousreply 7October 1, 2012 5:15 AM

Was just watching it. So they left the Arizona reveal to the end. Lame.

by Anonymousreply 8October 1, 2012 5:44 AM

No pun intended R8?

by Anonymousreply 9October 1, 2012 6:08 AM

I have watched this show only because once upon a time, many years ago, I liked it. I really hope this is the final year. There is something very wrong with me, but once I start a show, book, whatever, I have to finish it.

That said, I throw a mean, relentless, fuck until the bottom is completely satisfied and worn the fuck out.

by Anonymousreply 10October 1, 2012 6:24 AM

I'm sort of with you. Many years ago I liked it. Now it's nothing more than a dreaded obligation I can't seem to let go of. Though if the next episode or two is like the premiere, I might just manage it. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 11October 1, 2012 6:29 AM

I miss Lexie, I miss George, I miss the cute short haired intern from Mercy West.

by Anonymousreply 12October 1, 2012 6:36 AM

I want Arizona to have her leg back. I wish Mark had died a long time ago so they could have shown Callie and Arizona together without him always in the way.

by Anonymousreply 13October 1, 2012 6:46 AM

Inexplicably, Dan Bucatinsky is now a 'consulting producer'.

by Anonymousreply 14October 1, 2012 9:31 AM

Who, R14?

by Anonymousreply 15October 3, 2012 4:50 AM

Christina plays a lifeless, emotionless zombie pretty well, I have to say.

by Anonymousreply 16October 5, 2012 1:20 AM

I wonder if they can make any of the new students interesting enough for the show to live longer.

It's cool how in this week's episode they all expressed the same healthy fear of Christina that the original stars did of Bailey at the very start of the show.

April has been an addition that I've warmed up to. The show has been pretty good at giving new people a chance to grow on an audience. They get rid of some and incorporate others.

by Anonymousreply 17October 7, 2012 5:18 AM

They didn't do well with the Mercy West residents. They got rid of most, and kept the one (April) who is more annoying than Meredith Grey.

by Anonymousreply 18October 7, 2012 5:22 AM

They got rid of Kim Raver due to the cuts of the cast.

by Anonymousreply 19October 7, 2012 8:45 PM

I watch for Kevin McKidd. He deserves better and looks like he's always ready for sex!

by Anonymousreply 20October 7, 2012 9:01 PM

Then make sure you've seen his Bedrooms & Hallways movie, or whatever it was called...

by Anonymousreply 21October 7, 2012 9:22 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 22October 11, 2012 12:13 PM

"I watch for Kevin McKidd. He deserves better and looks like he's always ready for sex!"

I like Kevin McKidd, but I can't watch GA, it's just so bad. He's wasted on this show; in addition to being hot he's quite a good actor, but being on a show like this makes no good use of his talent. And I think it's ludicrous that his character is besotted with the very ugly, very crazy Sandra Oh character. She's awful but she's, as Teddy keeps telling him, "the love of your life. Fight for her!" It just doesn't make any damn sense why he's so insane for her. But then nothing makes much sense on this show.

by Anonymousreply 23October 11, 2012 3:55 PM

The very definition of Frau TV.

by Anonymousreply 24October 11, 2012 4:17 PM

Yep, r24.

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2012 4:44 PM

Kevin McKidd is in the running for Ugliest Man on Tv. Can't he afford to get that wart between his eyes removed?

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2012 6:19 PM

R26 needs to see an eye doctor pronto because Kevin McKidd is definitely NOT "ugly."

by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2012 6:29 PM

R27, he's revolting and has thyroid disorder eyes.

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2012 7:04 PM

They waste the sexiness of Kevin McKidd in every damn episode. His character really has nothing to do.

Let's not forget he is MISMATCHED with Christina.

by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2012 8:14 PM

I flick over to watch GA sometimes, but only for Kevin McKidd. He's smokin hot, and obviously an amazing actor if he can act in love with that grouchy, unattractive woman.

by Anonymousreply 30October 12, 2012 8:32 PM

I wish they hadn't gotten rid of Brooke Smith who played Dr. Erica Hahn. She had some depth to her character.

by Anonymousreply 31October 14, 2012 12:06 PM

Around the time Brooke Smith was let go was when the show became completely unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 32October 14, 2012 1:36 PM

Arizona is insufferable and being a complete cunt.

And watching Yang be miserable isn't fun either.

Avery "revirginizing" is stupid.

God, why am I still watching this crap.

by Anonymousreply 33October 20, 2012 4:55 AM

Now that Private Practice is going to end after this half season (and Kate Walsh said she was leaving anyway), any chance Addison be coming back to Seattle Grace?

Probably not, but I wonder if any of the other docs from that show will get new jobs on Grey's.

by Anonymousreply 34October 20, 2012 5:49 AM

No. Since I started watching Elementary with Lucy Liu I had to drop Grey's. I f I watched too many shows with Asians I get paranoid that they are taking over.

by Anonymousreply 35October 20, 2012 5:55 AM

R34 - Getting rid of Addison was one of the better moves GA made.

by Anonymousreply 36October 20, 2012 6:15 AM

r36, please stop trying so hard.

by Anonymousreply 37October 20, 2012 6:22 AM

Really, 35? The *handful* of Asians/PI actors on TV is a "take over?" Puh-leeze!

I doubt Addison will be back on GA. If she didn't show up when Mark died, she's not coming back. My impression is Kate Walsh is tired of playing her.

But in a perfect world, Amelia, Charlotte & Cooper would move to GA. But GA has so many characters I doubt they have room to add 3 more.

by Anonymousreply 38October 23, 2012 4:49 PM

Yes to Amelia and Charlotte, but Cooper is quite possibly the most annoying character on television. And he's fat.

by Anonymousreply 39October 23, 2012 5:28 PM

I think if GA wants to live on for a few more years, they need to do it with new characters. This show has been incorporating new characters since the jump - some stick and some stink.

But the originals can't all stay forever so they roll with the cast turnover and try to make the best of it by introducing new characters for us to get attached to.

Since I don't watch Private Practice, I don't have an opinion if any of those named would be good additions to GA.

On today's episode, I liked Tina Majorino and Ethan Embry. I wouldn't mind if those two got developed more.

by Anonymousreply 40October 26, 2012 6:11 AM

They've gotten rid of one of the better newer characters (Lexie) and others to allow Patrick Dempsey to be paid his high salary.

by Anonymousreply 41October 26, 2012 6:18 AM

Neve Campbell is going as Patrick's sister. Scream 3 reuinion!

by Anonymousreply 42October 26, 2012 8:21 AM

There must still be enough fans of Dempsey that makes them want to sacrifice others to keep him. He's been talking about leaving the show for a while.

I say get rid of him, but it's easy for me to say since I've never bought into him as (Mc)Dreamy in any way.

by Anonymousreply 43October 26, 2012 2:12 PM

Oh, I might just watch for Neve. Thanks R42

by Anonymousreply 44October 26, 2012 10:32 PM

r43-Where is Patrick going at age 46? He might as well ride this train to the end...

by Anonymousreply 45October 28, 2012 9:08 AM

Exactly r45.

by Anonymousreply 46October 28, 2012 6:12 PM

season 10 will be the last. That is fine by me because it is the next season.

by Anonymousreply 47November 4, 2012 5:31 AM

It will be time to end the show next season because it has gone on long enough.

by Anonymousreply 48November 9, 2012 11:12 AM

The new episode was good. They don't always have to have a plane crash or ferry sinking to make the drama interesting. It was good to focus on the core characters Christina and Meredith and their relationship. It's about time they got Christina back to Seattle.

If it had to, I think the show could continue without them, but I'm not sure I'd still watch anymore.

by Anonymousreply 49November 10, 2012 9:58 PM

I think Shonda is a closet serial killer,someone dies on her shows like every third episode!

by Anonymousreply 50November 10, 2012 10:18 PM

[quote] Inexplicably, Dan Bucatinsky is now a 'consulting producer'

I saw that. He's also on the ABC show, Scandal

by Anonymousreply 51November 10, 2012 11:42 PM

The last few eps showing the relationship between Cristina and William Daniels was good. He is such a fucking good actor - it throws the others into sharp relief.

Apparently Ethan Embry was supposed to be recurring as Arizona's prosthetic guy (can't be arsed to google real name for that job)but he is not coming back - shame. He is also a great actor.

Quite liked the ep focusing on Meredith and Cristina.

by Anonymousreply 52November 10, 2012 11:52 PM

Word on the street is that Grey's would like to try for being like ER and lasting 4 or 5 more seasons.

by Anonymousreply 53November 10, 2012 11:57 PM

I think it could go on longer, ER was really good in the last couple of seasons.

However, they need to trim the dead wood - there are also no really compelling new staff in the mix except for the guy who was on Friday Night Lights.

by Anonymousreply 54November 11, 2012 12:06 AM

Who else saw the old guy dropping dead coming from a mile off?

by Anonymousreply 55November 11, 2012 3:22 AM

Loved that old St. Elsewhere fart! The last couple eps have actually been pretty good IMO. (On a partially related note, thank god they are canceling Private Practice. I have never watched such a depressing show in my life. "Wellness Center," my ass. More like suicide center.)

by Anonymousreply 56November 11, 2012 3:36 AM

I never knew med students screwed around so much...and that the chief was so clueless.

by Anonymousreply 57November 11, 2012 3:50 AM

William Daniels was also John Adams in 1776.

by Anonymousreply 58November 11, 2012 3:50 AM

R57 - They are interns and residents, not med students,

by Anonymousreply 59November 11, 2012 3:57 AM

I'm surprised by this, but for the most part I'm liking the show this season - and it's been a while since I could say that consistently.

The past few episodes have been decent - nothing too sappy or over the top. The way they are introducing the newbies has been measured well enough where I don't feel like they are cramming them down our throats. And none of them are too unlikeable, so as they develop more I could see the show carrying on if they shed some of the old guard.

The end of the episode tonight with Bailey & Chief was kind of great and reminds of what I used to love about the show.

by Anonymousreply 60December 14, 2012 9:09 AM

"I think it could go on longer, ER was really good in the last couple of seasons"

No, it wasn't. It should have ended years before it did. Just like "Grey's Anatomy." Hell, that show never should have been on in the first place! I've tried watching it a few times and it's absolutely ludicrous; every doctor on the show has severe, I mean SEVERE, mental problems.

I liked Mad TV's version of "Grey's Anatomy." They had a guy playing the fugly Christina! And the dumpy Bailey character was always confronting the inert residents screaming "Y'all do your rounds! Now! NOW!"

by Anonymousreply 61December 14, 2012 3:10 PM

Poor Adele,Tv Guide already spoiled they were getting rid of her to clear a path for the chief to get together with Debbie Allen's character but it's still sad to watch her suffer like that.

by Anonymousreply 62December 14, 2012 8:54 PM

Now Hilarie Burton is playing a character who looks like she wants to jump Arizona's bones.

by Anonymousreply 63May 4, 2013 11:51 PM

Plus, R62, who wouldn't rather watch Loretta Devine than, well, almost anyone. Certainly more than the irritating Debbie Allen.

by Anonymousreply 64May 5, 2013 12:07 AM

I think the show has too many characters now. I liked the earlier seasons better when it wasn't so cluttered.

by Anonymousreply 65May 5, 2013 2:48 AM

I stopped watching for a couple of years during that Izzie-talks-to-dead-guy mess. It was pretty bad for a couple of years, but I've liked this season.

by Anonymousreply 66May 5, 2013 3:31 AM

[quote] Inexplicably, Dan Bucatinsky is now a 'consulting producer'

He played an acting role several years back. His character's partner was a fat opera singer dude.

Not sure why he's a producer of Grey's and Scandal but he was one of Lisa Kudrow's production partners on Who Do You Think You Are?

by Anonymousreply 67May 5, 2013 3:39 AM

The Izzie talks to dead Denny was wild but stupid.

by Anonymousreply 68May 5, 2013 3:43 AM

I pretty much only enjoy the Christina character these days, bitch is as acidic as ever, love it!

by Anonymousreply 69May 5, 2013 10:26 AM

What's going on with Jesse Williams' character?

by Anonymousreply 70May 5, 2013 1:30 PM

He's chief of staff at Grey-Sloan Hospital, R70.

by Anonymousreply 71May 5, 2013 3:57 PM

I'd watch this crapfast if he was the shirtless Chief of staff at Grey-Sloan Hospital.

by Anonymousreply 72May 5, 2013 5:38 PM

[italic]Sometimes[/italic] he's the shirtless Chief of staff at Grey-Sloan Hospital, R72.

by Anonymousreply 73May 5, 2013 5:39 PM

[quote]Now Hilarie Burton is playing a character who looks like she wants to jump Arizona's bones.

I knew the actress looked very familiar, but I couldn't place her. I looked it up on IMDB and was shocked to find out it was the One Tree Hill girl. I was further shocked to see she claims to be 31! No fucking way - she looked as old if not older than Jessica Capshaw.

by Anonymousreply 74May 5, 2013 5:53 PM

Jessica is only 36.

HB got really skinny when she was on White Collar. She looks healthier in the GA episode.

by Anonymousreply 75May 5, 2013 10:35 PM

They both look at least 40.

by Anonymousreply 76May 9, 2013 3:40 AM

They both look 35.

by Anonymousreply 77May 9, 2013 3:57 AM

That "I Would Walk 500 Miles" proposal to Kempner was ridiculous, but I like the character that Justin Bruening plays and think they are good together.

WTF is Arizona thinking?!?!?

Was I seeing things? I could swear that ultrasound tech, or whatever, that was checking out Meredith after she fell down the stairs was played by Lisa Gay Hamilton (The Practice). But I don't see the credit on imdb. It sure seems like a role not worthy of her - only one spoken line- but it sure looked exactly like her.

I like Hamilton and think she'd be a good addition to this show.

by Anonymousreply 78May 10, 2013 5:49 AM

Answered my own question on my last post. When I replayed the opening credits I saw Lisa Gay Hamilton is listed as a guest star.

Still she only had 2 or maybe 3 lines in a single scene. Hopefully she plays more than just an ultrasound tech.

It's possible she's Meredith's OB/GYN and has been on other episodes and I've just missed her.

by Anonymousreply 79May 10, 2013 6:07 AM

I can't believe they killed off Tina Majorino last week. Not surprising since they weren't doing anything with her character, but I thought she had more potential to be interesting than one or two of these other newbies.

by Anonymousreply 80October 4, 2013 4:39 AM

The women on that show co CRAY CRAY over McDreamy, McSteamy and McCreamy, but an episode of two after having sex with dumpy George, they go to him crying:

"Sleeping with you was the BIGGEST mistake of my LIFE! Because YOU. ARE. MY. BEST. FRIEND!"

by Anonymousreply 81October 4, 2013 4:43 AM

I'm still watching. I can't help it, I have to see what happens with the train wreck that is Callie & Arizona.

by Anonymousreply 82October 5, 2013 10:28 PM

This show is still on the air.

They killed off Lexie (why?) only to give Meredith another long lost sister.

by Anonymousreply 83October 11, 2014 10:48 PM

I am bumping a very old thread because, as r83 said six years ago, this show is still on the air.

Can someone explain the appeal? It's in its 17th season!

by Anonymousreply 84August 14, 2020 10:09 AM

Well at least it's not a 2015 thread.

by Anonymousreply 85August 14, 2020 11:48 AM

I had no idea it was still on the air, r85. I remember ;people watching this when I was in college (c. 2007). That seems like lifetimes ago.

by Anonymousreply 86August 14, 2020 12:01 PM

R86 it started airing when I was in high school. Which was also feels like a lifetime ago.

by Anonymousreply 87August 14, 2020 2:09 PM

Any fans out there?

To what do you attribute this show's longevity? Is it really that good?

by Anonymousreply 88August 14, 2020 3:08 PM

[Quote] To what do you attribute this show's longevity?

The fact that Ellen Pompeo doesn't want to leave.

by Anonymousreply 89August 15, 2020 12:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!