Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Etiquette Hell forum

The ultimate "frau" site?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87February 9, 2020 12:13 AM

If by "frau" you mean mincing prisspot bottom, then yes.

by Anonymousreply 1September 12, 2012 7:19 PM

Without a doubt OP, Frau-cow heaven.

This was posted by Frau Iris,

[quote]The problem is, I really really don't enjoy spending time with my bff's life partner. He is rude, obnoxious, and patronising, and particularly towards me. If I express an opinion he will enquire into the minutiae of it in a very superior manner, to the point where I feel like I'm undergoing the third degree and then make a dismissive remark. If I make a joke he will counter it with a serious explanation of how what I have just said is really not all that clever at all. I can't even tell if he is deliberately being rude or if he just is genuinely very very serious all the time.

I don't think I'll visit that site again.

by Anonymousreply 2September 12, 2012 7:26 PM

[quote]I don't think I'll visit that site again.

Not even just to laugh at them?

by Anonymousreply 3September 12, 2012 7:30 PM

Here's a great one. Frau wants to know why her kid can't come to a baby shower:

[quote]Maybe I just need a reality check. Maybe all the other baby showers I've been to were done wrong. Maybe I'm just hurt and bitter at having been excluded from the planning of a very important event for a very dear friend. Mostly, the whole thing has left me feeling a little teary and very hurt and I'm wondering if it would be very rude to ask someone for clarification on the title point.

Why can't my kid come?

I accept that she can't. I won't bring her. But is it very rude to ask why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 14, 2012 5:47 PM

WTF is "bean dipping"?! Seriously, go read the "Bean dip" section and come back and instruct my feeble brain, s'il vous plait.

by Anonymousreply 5September 14, 2012 6:01 PM

They have a thread called "Your boy can't be pretty"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2012 6:10 PM

EtiquetteHell is one of my favourite guilty pleasures. They're so politely deranged.

My favourite recent thread was started by a woman asking if she could request a female vet because her female cat needed surgery on its mammary glands, and she didn't feel it was appropriate for a man to be seeing and touching a female cat's lady areas.

by Anonymousreply 7September 14, 2012 6:14 PM

Get a load of this cunt. Her 23-year old nephew is coming to visit and she's terrified he'll flood her bathroom because he did it one time at his grandparents' house when he was a kid.

And most of the other posters agree with her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 31, 2012 4:57 PM

I just did a spit take reading R7.

by Anonymousreply 9October 31, 2012 5:11 PM

How completely dull.

Maybe someone can start posting some funny EST questions.

by Anonymousreply 10October 31, 2012 5:19 PM

I did some research and found a post that explained what bean dipping means:

miss-em ~ “bean -dipping” is changing the topic. If someone is talking inappropriately, gossiping, etc, you “bean -dip” to change the topic. Ex: Party guest ” Jane heard that she jumped on top of him, ripped off his shirt and proceeded to…” Party host ” Have you tried the bean dip? It’s simply scrumptious!”

by Anonymousreply 11October 31, 2012 5:26 PM

[quote]Maybe someone can start posting some funny EST questions.

Unfortunately, the webmistress on that site (eHell Dame) is a gigantic control-freak cunt and will ban people for the slightest infraction, so you can't even go over and have a little fun.

I think she went on a rampage about a year ago and banned about half the people on the board because they created a Facebook group that was not approved by her.

by Anonymousreply 12October 31, 2012 5:26 PM

Why not bring her stiffies here to dl and have at 'em?

by Anonymousreply 13October 31, 2012 5:34 PM

Her what?

by Anonymousreply 14October 31, 2012 5:36 PM

[quote]Unfortunately, the webmistress on that site (eHell Dame) is a gigantic control-freak cunt and will ban people for the slightest infraction, so you can't even go over and have a little fun.

[quote]I think she went on a rampage about a year ago and banned about half the people on the board because they created a Facebook group that was not approved by her.

Is she the same one they had about five or six years ago? I don't know if others recall this, but DL went to war with EH. I can't recall specifics, but posters went over there and posted like they might at Free Republic -- trying to sound reasonable while making a point they disagree with. Polite debate? For about three minutes and then she got sick of it. Banned, banned, banned, banned. It was as though she were weilding an automatic weapon. I can't remember if she figured out that we were linking to the site from DL. Maybe. I wish I had a better memory. Sigh. Can anyone else fill in the gaps?

by Anonymousreply 15October 31, 2012 5:46 PM

Yes, R15, she's the creator of the site, so it's the same one they've always had. I had no idea there was an Ehell/Datalounge war! I would've creamed my pants to have been in on that!!

by Anonymousreply 16October 31, 2012 5:49 PM

R16, every generation romanticizes the wars of the prior generation. Always remember, war is hell.

by Anonymousreply 17October 31, 2012 5:52 PM

r17 - LOL!

by Anonymousreply 18October 31, 2012 5:54 PM

Oh, so she created the site. In that case she would know the traffic was coming from DL.

Unfortunately, that thread was lost when DL went from one version to another. A new war could be started. We would just need to be careful not to link from here.

Does she have assistants? She couldn't possibly be monitoring all the time and it sounds like the site gets a lot of international hits.

by Anonymousreply 19October 31, 2012 5:58 PM

W&W for R17. At first, I thought it was a post meant for another thread!

by Anonymousreply 20October 31, 2012 6:00 PM

[quote]Does she have assistants? She couldn't possibly be monitoring all the time and it sounds like the site gets a lot of international hits.

Oh yeah, she has a gaggle of other moderators.

by Anonymousreply 21October 31, 2012 6:01 PM

Please, you queens make them sound like Hell's Angels.

by Anonymousreply 22October 31, 2012 6:03 PM

[quote]Oh yeah, she has a gaggle of other moderators.

I can only imagine a history littered with ruptured owner/moderator relationships given their batty natures. I almost feel guilty for saying this because I'm a female, but I know these types and they annoy the living shit out of me. It's all about their neuroses. It's like the straight online version of Michfest, except they don't have Denise Eaker around to liven things up.

by Anonymousreply 23October 31, 2012 6:12 PM

This frau is pissed that her daughter's high school English teacher gave her a 95 on a paper.

[quote]Hortense approached the teacher the next day and asked, "what could I have done to make my paper even better?" The teacher asked, "did I not write any comments? Oh, the beautifully done. Yes, well...hmmm (page flip...page flip...page flip...) yes, well, here, this text might should be block texted instead, so that would be one point there... (page flip...page flip...) Hortense, I want to let you know that you received the highest grade of the entire grade level. I have never given higher than a 95 or 96 on a paper. Well done!"

[quote]Well, Hortense said she feels rather hollow.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 24, 2012 1:52 PM

I went on that site and it is disgusting and humorous at the same time. Stupid women bitching and moaning over trivial matters. They ask for advice but they really want others to agree with their side. I wanted to reply "who gives a shit?" in every post.

by Anonymousreply 25November 24, 2012 5:11 PM

I am going to hang myself now.

by Anonymousreply 26November 24, 2012 6:19 PM

It's funny how etiquette freaks are always the rudest people in a group. I work with one and she is detested by everyone because she is so condescending and superior. I friends with her manager who hates her like the rest of us do.

by Anonymousreply 27November 24, 2012 6:51 PM

A Viper Pit calling a cage filled with rabid wolves noxious? My goodness, we are full of grace and forgiving today, aren't we?

by Anonymousreply 28November 24, 2012 7:10 PM

That site's addictive. I just read "Ideas for a creative gift for a 97 year old" and so wished for DLers in that thread.

One woman said she always gave her granny toilet paper for a gift.

by Anonymousreply 29November 24, 2012 7:11 PM

There have [italic]got[/italic]] to be some undercover trolls on that board, probably some DL folks. They keep it under control so they don't get banned but make up some of the wacko stories.

[bold]'Fess up and get your congrats!![/bold]

by Anonymousreply 30November 24, 2012 7:27 PM

The woman who wouldn't take her cat to a male vet has got to be a troll. Every thread she starts has more bizarrities about how she DOES NOT APPROVE of her husband speaking to any females at work - and then she'll ask "etiquette" questions about sharing a hotel room with some dad from Little League.

Two who I wish were trolls, but sadly think were real: 1) The oppressed vegetarian clarinet player, who conveniently had panic attacks when asked to do anything she didn't care for and gave her own framed poetry as gifts for every occasion

2) The self-diagnosed Asperger's sufferer who wore cat ears, drew a horrible webcomic about her adventures as a fat girl and wondered why none of her roommates liked her.

It's Outraged Frau bingo over there! Make it a drinking game and take a sip whenever someone has a problem with another parent on their kid's team, or tries to micromanage a teacher, or complains that they caaaaaaan't go without food for two hours because they have low blood sugar and it's so rude that dinner wasn't served exactly at 6...

by Anonymousreply 31December 8, 2012 3:00 AM

Hortense's Mom is one of my favorite posters. Any time her kid doesn't get 100% she starts a new thread to bitch and ask how to chew out the school about it, and obviously thinks her kids are geniuses and that it's unacceptable for anyone not to recognise their genius. Like the one about Hortense not speaking in discussion-group because she didn't have any points other students hadn't already raised and it was ridiculous that she gets credit for repeating a point someone else has already said yet penalised for staying silent. The posters are starting to get sick of her and point out her daughter's withdrawn personality might be more due to her own obsession with them getting 100% all the time, than the fact she got an A- once.

I don't remember the vegetarian clarinet player, but there are some posters who are obsessively anti-vegetarian. If you serve meat-free food to vegetarians you are obliged to serve meat to non-vegetarians, it's the exact same thing apparently. There was also a thread a while ago where someone claimed that restaurants shouldn't mark which dishes are vegetarian because "most people" find vegetarian food so off-putting the mere knowledge that a dish is suitable for vegetarians would make it unpalatable for them, and anyway vegetarians are morons if they need to be told what food is vegetarian because it's soo obvious what is and what isn't (then listed a bunch of foods, which mainly were not vegetarian).

by Anonymousreply 32December 8, 2012 7:49 AM

This frau is fuming over her friends having potlucks. How dare they!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 7, 2013 11:24 PM

I love how trivial they all are and SO want to jump into the fray!

"My friend called me old, fat and said I had a lot of gray hairs. What should I do?"

I wanna pipe in and say 'hit her with a shit bra,' but not sure that would go over well there?

by Anonymousreply 34February 7, 2013 11:44 PM

R33 Bree, BF and BFW *do* sound like the world's biggest cheapskates.

by Anonymousreply 35February 8, 2013 12:23 AM

Wow, Hortense's mom is really something. She is even annoying to people who post endlessly about baby showers and potlucks. I can't even believe she has the nuts to bitch about how "unfair" it was that her daughter got extra points added and only went up to a 98 as opposed to a 102 score. What a fucking annoying harpie! I feel bad for young Hortense. I can't believe people aren't more rude to her, the editor there needs to shut her down.

by Anonymousreply 36February 8, 2013 1:07 AM

[quote]I love how trivial they all are and SO want to jump into the fray!

Ummmm ... so that's different from Datalounge ... how?

Ah never mind. Have your fun and don't even think for a moment that you are exactly like them. You're not.

Really.

by Anonymousreply 37February 8, 2013 2:01 AM

"Not even just to laugh at them?"

why not? straights come on this board to laugh at fags.

by Anonymousreply 38February 8, 2013 2:10 AM

I want to know if someone killed Knitterly when she went to the baby shower. Bitches piss and moan for pages and pages, then don't post an ending.

by Anonymousreply 39February 8, 2013 3:28 AM

She's busy bitching about the fact that she's the only one of her friends not to own a smartphone (because she's a SAHM you know!!) in the ludicrous texting thread. So I guess not.

by Anonymousreply 40February 8, 2013 4:51 AM

I frequently lurk over at Etiquette Hell and trust me, the bull that goes on over there is amusing. I'm waiting for the next huge fallout. A lot of threads have been locked/deleted after the massive tantrum Ehell Dame had back in 2011 over the Facebook group. Keep in mind, the group itself was unknown until someone outed it on the board.

If the person in question had never said a word, there wouldn't have been a huge fallout, but I'm sure there would be people who would have caused a lot more drama over something else.

by Anonymousreply 41June 2, 2013 5:55 PM

Ehelldame is a mentally & emotionally unstable cunt. And a homophobic fundie freeper.

by Anonymousreply 42June 2, 2013 6:55 PM

Is it really worth trolling that board? You can't really learn anything from there. If you have friends and an active life but love gossip there's so many other places to go. You'll never find an Everest thread there.

by Anonymousreply 43June 2, 2013 8:11 PM

What r1 said.

by Anonymousreply 44June 2, 2013 8:17 PM

I was admonished by a snooty friend in a classy restaurant and told in no uncertain terms that I would not be invited back. I was mortified.

Another time, I was told (hinted at) to read the Tiffany Bluebook of Manners for Teens or something like that. I haven't. I'm 60 years old.

I am going on a two-week trip with the BF of the friend who made the "you will not be invited back" comment. I'm sure I will make many more etiquette mistakes. But he won't mention it. I knew them when they were broke.

I just try to follow the rules as best I can and a secure person will never tell you you've done something wrong or embarrass you.

by Anonymousreply 45June 2, 2013 8:23 PM

Most of the threads I looked at have the same scenarios (vegetarian goes to a dinner party, people agitate to be seated together on an airplane) that pop up here as well.

by Anonymousreply 46June 2, 2013 8:34 PM

R45, what could you possibly have done that inspired someone to say "you will not be invited back"?

by Anonymousreply 47June 2, 2013 8:38 PM

I've told it on here somewhere R47. I've known these guys for years. They've been together a decade now. Every year they come back and take me to the same fancy restaurant. They're lovely guys, the both of them. A few years ago one of them inherited a lot of money. Anyway, so what I did was I grimaced, that's all. It was an expensive meal and when it came time to pay the check the guy (sitting next to me) made a noise, like oh! and went to get another credit card out of his pocket. I pretended to look down at the check and I made a fake grimace. From across the table, his husband said, "If you're going to behave like that, you won't be invited back." There were 7 of us at the Chef's Table. But he came back, my rude friend, the next weekend, and treated me to a great time on his dime. We didn't talk about the remark. I hate to say it, but he's starting to maybe get a little grand. It's his husband, from an old money family, who inherited. I've noticed that as fucked up as rich families are sometimes, the snooty ones are usually the ones who married "up."

by Anonymousreply 48June 2, 2013 8:51 PM

Someone posts a you tube video and asks how they'd react. Do they really think it isn't going to go downhill?

Personally I think they must designate someone to be the sh*t stirrer there and make bets as to how long before a thread is locked.

For those curious, it's the one about Dvorak.

by Anonymousreply 49June 12, 2013 3:16 AM

What is Hortense's mom up to lately?

by Anonymousreply 50June 12, 2013 3:33 AM

Wow,they must not have anything better to do than argue about what to do when someone's house gets TP'd.

by Anonymousreply 51June 15, 2013 4:07 PM

Unhinged frau yells at ice cream man for asking her daughter if she wants to buy some ice cream.

The first few replies correctly call the OP for acting crazy, but the helicopter mom frau brigade (that Audrey Quest person is a loon) soon jumps to her defense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 24, 2013 7:55 PM

How did those women get married in the first place? Are straight guys really that desperate?

by Anonymousreply 53June 24, 2013 8:12 PM

R53, from what I can tell, most of these women's husbands had mothers who were controlling, domineering, and manipulative. These men probably think their wives are the pictures of sanity by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 54June 24, 2013 8:17 PM

R52, her online nickname is "Super Mommy." I think she's a psycho bitchcunt from the planet Hell. Imagine having her as your mother. Plus, she smokes.

by Anonymousreply 55June 24, 2013 8:24 PM

Please people. Go out a prune some trees and bushes like a garden in Kyoto. Something, just get the hell off of EH and the hell out of the house if is making the grade for "entertainment".

Home Depot: vicious pruning sheers $9

by Anonymousreply 56June 24, 2013 8:27 PM

R56= Hortense

by Anonymousreply 57June 24, 2013 10:44 PM

They are all "hurt," "teary"...and planning revenge.

by Anonymousreply 58June 24, 2013 10:59 PM

Those frauen need some run-ins with... dark lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 59June 25, 2013 12:27 AM

I swear the massive stupidity runs ramapant. Poster is told about child that brother and sister in law will have. poster is confused because brother and sister in law want to keep it just among family until it's 'safe'. Poster's question: should i tell anyone else?

Umm...HELLO! You just told a forum full of strangers that you're going to be an aunt! Are you really that freakin' stupid?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60November 8, 2013 8:13 PM

Frau states her boundaries over mother-in-law's use of the washing machine:

[quote]Considering I am a stay at home mom and we have 4 total people in the household I see her 28 percent weekend ownership from Saturday to Sunday is more than adequate for her 25 percent stake in the household.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61March 2, 2014 6:20 PM

My guilty pleasure is the Angelina Jolie blog at Female First. Those people are insane. Conspiracy theories abound about the star herself and other posters.

by Anonymousreply 62March 2, 2014 6:55 PM

[quote]My favourite recent thread was started by a woman asking if she could request a female vet because her female cat needed surgery on its mammary glands, and she didn't feel it was appropriate for a man to be seeing and touching a female cat's lady areas.

That thread was started by one of us. Guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 63March 2, 2014 6:59 PM

DL has its crazies, but most of the time, they get shouted down. Some of the threads on EH are full of good advice, but that advice is so muted and polite and reasonable that it gets ignored.

That site needs a good screaming troll who is willingly to set out the DSM definition of Narcissistic Personality Disorder whenever needed.

by Anonymousreply 64March 2, 2014 7:06 PM

Oh yes, I remember the vet post. That was a troll, guaranteed. The sad thing is the poster has been on the site for a long time (almost as long as I have), so the fact that she's making a fuss about it is mind boggling.

I particularly like the one post:

"He's a vet. He's not going to do unsavory things towards your kitty unless you have knowledge that says otherwise. I have two cats myself and I personally find no issue with a male vet taking care of either of them.

So he's going to be taking out her mammary glands. It's not as if he's going to hold them up and say "look everyone! I have cat mammary glands!"

Honestly, this really borders on insulting."

That had me in fits, it was too funny.

by Anonymousreply 65March 24, 2014 8:02 PM

Drama at the fabric store! Outrageous behavior!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 2, 2014 7:54 PM

And dramas again with a daughter being asked out to a prom. Potential prom date is clueless. Cue several generalizations that the date must be a creepy sicko stalker! Oh noes!

Man they love their dramas there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 22, 2014 9:07 PM

Most of these topics, tweaked a bit, would create sensations on DL.

by Anonymousreply 68April 22, 2014 9:16 PM

Imagine the shrieking and wailing if someone on DL had this happen to them:

[quote]As I was pushing my cart out to my car a woman (whom I didn't know) peeked into my cart and said "That's a lot of food". I kind of blinked at her and said "Yes, it is.".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 22, 2014 9:21 PM

Jay is a fucking idiot, r67.

by Anonymousreply 70April 22, 2014 9:22 PM

You know, I sometimes wonder if some of the posters are just socially inept.

Poster bitches about the fact that they have a netflix account and because roommate watches netflix, recommendations pop up. I don't see what the big deal is. So suggestions pop up. It's not like you're obligated to watch what's suggested.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71June 6, 2014 9:55 PM

Michfester outraged at helpful Trader Joe's cashier:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 17, 2014 7:56 PM

Are they really that f'ing stupid? I swear posts like these make me question whether or not they were born with common sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 23, 2014 3:00 PM

Frau is shaking with rage because her MIL gave her daughter ice cream before dinner.

I might be annoyed, but this woman sounds psychotic.

[quote]Sure enough, DD was sitting there eating an ice cream. I continued into the bathroom, did my business, and tried to collect myself. My heart was pounding in my chest and my hands were shaking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74December 1, 2014 3:24 PM

What is "Six"?

by Anonymousreply 75December 1, 2014 3:27 PM

I think Six is the daughter.

by Anonymousreply 76December 1, 2014 3:31 PM

Thanks, R76. It doesn't occur until Response #1, so I didn't know. I guess they all knew each other.

by Anonymousreply 77December 1, 2014 3:34 PM

R15 all women are ruthless cunt dictators they are all about control they just dont,want the stupid provider males in their lives to recognize this fact too early before she is able to extract his wages

by Anonymousreply 78December 1, 2014 3:40 PM

Would you bitches have done what this OP did?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79December 29, 2014 1:04 PM

I'm not sure how this one was missed, but I'm fairly certain we're in the 21st century and not the 19th anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 13, 2015 2:26 PM

Fraus leap to the defense of a psychotic 12-year old who's a pinafore & a pigtail from Rhoda Penmark territory. My grandmother would've punched me in the face the first time I talked to her like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81March 10, 2015 6:33 PM

Old frau who can't accept the reality that she's not young anymore believes that her grandchildren call her Grandma just to be hurtful. Especially when she's told them she doesn't like it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 16, 2016 11:30 PM

I really don't want to go to that site; could someone post some Hortense updates?

by Anonymousreply 83January 22, 2016 5:51 PM

Fraus absolutely slay men. Many of them complain about having sex with their husbands when they don't want to even though these dumb bastards give them everything under the sun. Here is some frau etiquette for sex: shut up and lay back and spread them. It will be over with in less than five minutes. Now gay sex is real work for little or no pay.

by Anonymousreply 84January 22, 2016 5:54 PM

R84, I had a good friend who was an escort in college. She said men wouldn't come see her if their wives would give their husbands a blow job and let them do it doggy-style once in awhile.

by Anonymousreply 85January 22, 2016 5:57 PM

I don't think that lady has posted about Hortense in a long time. Last post I saw was from two years ago when the girl was 16, so she'd be 18 and probably off to college by now.

by Anonymousreply 86January 22, 2016 6:03 PM

So stupid that this is now closed and not even available as a read only archive :( Is there any similar community anywhere on the internets?

by Anonymousreply 87February 9, 2020 12:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!