Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Leonardo Di Caprio

I think he's a great actor, and very handsome. Nowadays, I never really hear about him that much either on the news or on Datalounge. I often wonder if he, like many things in life, have gone out of style. I hope not. Even though he's middle aged, and slightly chubby, I still adore him and will continue to.

by Anonymousreply 155August 30, 2021 1:35 AM

He's made good choices in selecting who he works with and what roles he takes. By making fewer, but more notable films, he keeps star power and doesn't ruin the brand with formulaic crap that "stars" like Johnny Depp and Tom Cruise put out.

by Anonymousreply 1September 1, 2012 2:53 AM

Smart to keep his personal antics low key. I get distracted by actors who are always in the press.

by Anonymousreply 2September 1, 2012 3:02 AM

Anyone know why Leo's remake of The Great Gatsby was pushed back from Christmas Day to next summer?

by Anonymousreply 3September 1, 2012 3:08 AM

What R2 said. I give Leo D. major credit for not going the tabloid route and totally overexposing himself in order to up his "brand," like Pitt, Jolie, Clooney etc. etc. He easily could have done the famewhore thing, but he keeps his private life private. Good for him, too bad more celebs don't do that.

by Anonymousreply 4September 1, 2012 4:07 AM

[quote]Anyone know why Leo's remake of The Great Gatsby was pushed back from Christmas Day to next summer?

They don't want Leonardo Di Caprio to compete with Leonardo Di Caprio at the box office. He has another film coming out on Christmas Day.

by Anonymousreply 5September 1, 2012 4:30 AM

[quote]Anyone know why Leo's remake of The Great Gatsby was pushed back from Christmas Day to next summer?

Because it sucks

by Anonymousreply 6September 1, 2012 4:38 AM

Because the film isn't ready. Baz wants a whole bunch of reshoots.

by Anonymousreply 7September 1, 2012 11:12 AM

Oh fuck him, he isn't hot, and he said his personal hero was Eminem. That was just after the controversy about Em's lyrics, which didn't bother Leo at all.

by Anonymousreply 8September 1, 2012 11:33 AM

Did he give up the booze?

by Anonymousreply 9September 1, 2012 1:53 PM

[quote]He's made good choices in selecting who he works with and what roles he takes.

I sort of agree, but any actor would constantly work with Scorsese if they could. Not exactly a risky proposition.

by Anonymousreply 10September 1, 2012 4:31 PM

He's a major case of The Emperor's New Clothes. He's NOT a great actor. Competent, but not GREAT like his publicity team likes to shove down our throats at any given moment. Oscar doesn't equal talent either. The Oscars have turned into another publicity tool itself.

by Anonymousreply 11September 1, 2012 4:40 PM

He is not a great actor by any means. Mediocre at best. I tried to watch J Edgar the other day and found it absolutely unwatchable. His accent was laughable. He can't play anyone but himself. Titanic was his peak of beauty and career.

by Anonymousreply 12September 1, 2012 4:48 PM

I saw preview clips of Gatsby in the movie theater a month ago. Surprised it's being delayed. And BlindGossip had quite a few stories that posters think were about Leo and his upcoming engagement. Do people really think that he is handsome?

by Anonymousreply 13September 1, 2012 5:03 PM

A good actor, but not a great one and he has never deserved an Oscar. He did peak with Titanic, although I enjoyed him in The Departed

by Anonymousreply 14September 1, 2012 5:04 PM

His acting is only adequate and much labored, and he has no real presence or appeal.

For all his faults and limitations, however, he's had a fairly brilliant career, wisely sticking to respectably good projects and good company, mostly keeping his personal life under- rather than overexposed. He's avoided (or mostly so) donning tights in comic book superhero crap, cheesy comedies, and anything particularly embarrassing (excepting, maybe, that boat sinking picture which made rather a lot of money.) Physically, he leapfrogged overnight from scrawny, unattractive runt of a child star to pudgy, unattractive middle-aged man (still in his twenties), and with the groundwork he's laid and the success he's enjoyed, there's no reason to think he won't have a ridiculously long career - even if it's based on box office track record more than talent or looks or fitness for a part.

by Anonymousreply 15September 1, 2012 5:05 PM

Leo is still one of the best if not the best male actors in Hollywood today. He is, however not good looking anymore.

by Anonymousreply 16September 1, 2012 5:45 PM

If Joaquin Phoenix got his act together, Leonardo Di Caprio would be forcibly placed in a position of working far less.

I do like how Leonardo Di Caprio is not a fame whore or a sell out. That is refreshing if anything.

by Anonymousreply 17September 1, 2012 6:26 PM

OP = Lukas Haas

by Anonymousreply 18September 1, 2012 6:32 PM

Joaquin is even more loathsome. He and Mark Wahlberg were offered the leads in Brokeback Mountain and turned it down because they're homophobes. Wahlberg pretty much admitted that was the reason, and said Joaquin felt the same way. And it's no surprise, Wahlberg's a born-again Jesus freak and Phoenix was raised in a Christian cult.

by Anonymousreply 19September 1, 2012 6:32 PM

R19 I truly did not know that.

by Anonymousreply 20September 1, 2012 6:36 PM

I think Wahlberg turned it down because it was too close to home for the disgusting POS.

by Anonymousreply 21September 1, 2012 7:06 PM

He was surprisingly good in Blood Diamond.

by Anonymousreply 22September 2, 2012 2:23 AM

I would agree that in the movie Blood Diamond, Leo finally left the Titanic Teenbeat crap and starting serious acting again. Teenbeat money may pay the bills for a few years, but it is not worthy of personal pride.

by Anonymousreply 23September 2, 2012 3:04 AM

He's lucky to be white and male in that industry - endless opportunities.

by Anonymousreply 24September 2, 2012 3:46 AM

Please I have seen many pics of him and ex girlfriends Bar Raefeli, Gisele, and Blake Lively which were plastered everywhere during their dating life.

by Anonymousreply 25September 2, 2012 9:39 AM

Also Leo seriously needs to do a smart comedic film. All his films ALL OF THEM have been so serious, it's getting a bit played.

by Anonymousreply 26September 2, 2012 9:45 AM

Exactly, R25. Leo has made a career of bearding with famous models/model-types. I've never remotely thought of him as someone who "kept his private life private". He's worked as hard as any 'star' to build his brand via PR stunt-dating.

by Anonymousreply 27September 2, 2012 10:23 AM

The bigger the star the more elaborate and extended the cover up of his homosexuality. Leo DeCaprio is Gay.

There are many in Hollywood who live their entire lives, just covering up the homosexuality of celebrities. It is a full time industry, which employes a lot of people.

With Leo, they messed up years back, when his so called "girlfriend" model Gisele Bundchen did an interview with her actual Latin boyfriend in South America, while Leos people were still promoting the 2 as dating, exposing the scam. Needless to say, the story disappear quickly at at great financial expense to Leo.

by Anonymousreply 28September 2, 2012 1:56 PM

He's so bloated from all that booze.

by Anonymousreply 29September 2, 2012 10:18 PM

Tobey's mother outed both Leo and her son.

by Anonymousreply 30September 2, 2012 10:24 PM

What r25 and r27 said. Amazed that anyone could think he "keeps his private life private."

by Anonymousreply 31September 2, 2012 10:31 PM

He wants that Oscar so bad. In the end, he'll get it, because he wants it the most.

by Anonymousreply 32September 3, 2012 8:33 AM

Yep, he may not go on Tv and talk about it, but he damn sure does his version of " private " by getting his pic taken with new girl, he just doesn't talk about it. But he knows what he is doing. He is doing it on his terms, in his mind.

by Anonymousreply 33September 3, 2012 9:17 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 34September 16, 2012 3:55 PM

R19-Have a seat! Just because actors don't want to do gay love scenes doesn't mean they are homophobes. Joaquin is not a Christian.

by Anonymousreply 35September 16, 2012 4:02 PM

Totally agree with r26. It's actually refreshing to watch Leo in Titanic because he smiles, laughs, is playful, full of life, a joy to watch. Ever since then, however, he's been so determined to be taken seriously as an actor that he's constantly suffering, suffering, suffering. Hopefully, Django Unchained will allow him to cut loose again.

by Anonymousreply 36September 16, 2012 4:15 PM

R3, Funny that women's fall fashions were influenced by the anticipation of Gatsby coming to theaters by Christmas. They've been showing previews of Gatsby and Django Unchained at the movie theaters.

Joaquin Phoenix was raised in the authoritarian Children of God cult. It really has very little to do with Christianity, and advocates adult-young child sexual exploration.

by Anonymousreply 37September 16, 2012 4:27 PM

I loved Leo in "Titanic", but his best performance was in "Who's Eating Gilbert Grape" and "The Basketball Diaries".

Leo is probably the best actor of this generation.

by Anonymousreply 38September 16, 2012 4:29 PM

A couple of days at the gym now and then wouldn't kill him.

by Anonymousreply 39September 16, 2012 4:38 PM

Oh, c'mon! Leo is not that fat, maybe a little bloated from drinking. But, it is a part of aging.

by Anonymousreply 40September 16, 2012 4:45 PM

I absolutely agree with r38

by Anonymousreply 41September 28, 2012 5:00 PM

He's not a great actor at all. He has been good when cast right- like Titanic, the small movie he made with Kate Winslet when they played a destructing suburban couple. As Howard Hughs and Hoover he was nearly awful- So aware he is trying like all get out to be that person and so not that person. And he does not have the physical gravitas to be a leading man. He has to play an ordinary American and then he does quite well.

Have no idea if he is gay. If he is, then he would lose my respect- pretty much completely. I respect no man or woman who deliberately conceals or deceives the world about their sexuality. It literally does harm to gay men and lesbians and thus seems to me to be the height of selfishness.

by Anonymousreply 42September 28, 2012 5:15 PM

r42, not everyone has the courage to come out of the closet. Deception can be justified at times, if it hurts no one. I'm sure a lot of people online deceive others. It is benign. I would respect Dicaprio even if he is closted. Oh ya, Charlie, there are countless grammar mistakes in your post.

by Anonymousreply 43September 28, 2012 5:29 PM

R42, Do you honestly think Leo would continue to get acting roles if he came out as gay?

by Anonymousreply 44September 28, 2012 5:30 PM

r44, not r42, but I'm sure he would still get acting roles even if he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 45September 28, 2012 5:32 PM

Is he still dragging his house husband around or has he finally kicked him out?

by Anonymousreply 46September 29, 2012 8:06 PM

R43= Kevin Spacey

by Anonymousreply 47September 29, 2012 8:11 PM

Well, I don't agree, OP. Whatcha gonna do about it?

by Anonymousreply 48September 29, 2012 8:15 PM

R46, there were stories that Leo finally kicked freeloading Lukas out of his house, but they've been seen together since. Probably because Lukas knows everything and has nothing to lose by talking.

by Anonymousreply 49September 29, 2012 8:17 PM

Think hes a decent actor and can be great in the right film. Ive seen all his movies and know when i see he is attached to a movie i will probably be entertained. I would like to see him have a little fun in a film instead of all the accents and drama for a change. But he soooo wants to win an oscar. And knows his best chance is aligning himself with top directors and doing drama pieces. Hopefully django unchained will be a change of pace.

by Anonymousreply 50September 29, 2012 8:31 PM

Lukaas does officially no longer live at Leo's LA mansion, but they are still joined at the hip all over the world.

Sure R49, it makes most sense to assume poor Leo is getting blackmailed and can't free himself. Let me guess, you never had anyone pay for your dinner and are feeling a little resentful about that?

by Anonymousreply 51November 4, 2012 9:10 AM

Just dumped another model...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 4, 2012 4:51 PM

Leo and Lukas are old childhood friends, their families are very close as well. They travel together (went to Germany together), Lukas has a brother who is close to Leo, too. They (Leo and Lukas) are both gay, I think they were always more brothers than anything else, I don't get the impression (nor have I heard this from anybody on the inside) that they were lovers - maybe something happened between them once or twice.

Lukas' parents wish he were straight, but they have finally given up on that.

by Anonymousreply 53November 4, 2012 6:42 PM

They are like brothers, so their families grew really close and even travel together? I don't know R53, you say they are not lovers, but you make it sound like they are.

by Anonymousreply 54November 4, 2012 7:45 PM

I don't know anything about any possible sexual relationship - I only know they are both gay and for many years they have been one big happy family group. I don't know anything recent - my first-hand information is two years old.

by Anonymousreply 55November 4, 2012 8:46 PM

r55 How do you know they are both gay? How did you recieve this first hand info 2 years ago? Curious... do tell?

And do all the models, actresses he "hires" know this as well?

by Anonymousreply 56November 4, 2012 9:28 PM

I was at a family event - that's what I heard direct from the horses mouth, so to speak. Considering the source I have absolutely no doubt it was true.

by Anonymousreply 57November 4, 2012 10:21 PM

A family event, so you are related to either Haas or Leo? Confused... Also, who has Leo been in a relationship with? Anyone known? And what's the deal with Toby Maguire?

by Anonymousreply 58November 4, 2012 11:56 PM

Not related. Don't know anything about specific relationships or anything about Toby. Just that the two guys are gay and lots of other boring stuff about trips and growing-up stories. I saw lots of pictures, just family stuff, absolutely nothing salacious or sexual.

by Anonymousreply 59November 5, 2012 4:16 AM

He's a good actor. Not a great one. And I don't find him attractive.

And, once and for all, when a movie is delayed, it's because....wait for it...it SUCKS. DUH.

by Anonymousreply 60November 5, 2012 4:19 AM

Blood Diamond was a good movie and Leo did a great job. Also give him high marks for Catch Me If You Can, The Departed and even Shutter Island was pretty good. He did a great job playing Howard Hughes, too. I count myself a fan, no matter what he looks like.

Would be interesting to see him in a comedy.

by Anonymousreply 61November 5, 2012 4:50 AM

If you saw the Jeremy Sisto Titanic screen test, you'd realize that not just anyone could've done what he did with Jack, a character who was obviously very different from himself. Even if you are annoyed with how popular the picture was, it can't be legitimately claimed that he isn't talented or played himself there.

Honestly, Gilbert Grape should've shut down any debate.

by Anonymousreply 62November 5, 2012 5:16 AM

if Leo comes out he will never work again

by Anonymousreply 63November 5, 2012 5:19 AM

[quote]I was at a family event - that's what I heard direct from the horses mouth, so to speak.

Why was Sarah Jessica Parker at a DiCaprio family event?

by Anonymousreply 64November 5, 2012 10:43 AM

Whatever potential he had is long gone. He doesn't sell tickets. He'll never win an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 65November 5, 2012 10:47 AM

Read the Vanity Fair story about Gisele Bundchen after her "break-up" from LDC. Iirc she was already with Tom Brady, maybe already married.

Anyway, she does comment about her relationship with LDC. It's obvious,if you read between the lines of her very carefully worded comments about him that, yes, they did have a close relationship, but it wasn't sexual.

LDC is gay; he's also a very good actor.

by Anonymousreply 66November 5, 2012 11:20 AM

Yes, thanks R55. I just don't get your conclusion. If they are both gay and a family unit, wouldn't the by far easiest explanation be that they are a couple? But whatever, thanks for the info.

by Anonymousreply 67November 5, 2012 7:30 PM

he's beautiful. he's a great actor.

and he's probably gay.

I saw him in Rome in December 2004. He dined with a huge group. There were some hot guys traveling with him. His bodyguards were standing outside. We bought one two espressos (our hag liked his looks).

by Anonymousreply 68November 5, 2012 7:45 PM

Leo and all the other closeted actors won't be able to stay in the closet forever. The times are changing, the public is much more sophisticated about these kinds of things than they used to be and technology is changing. It's not like the old days when somebody like Rock Hudson could stay closeted his entire life.

by Anonymousreply 69November 5, 2012 8:19 PM

Gay, gay, gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70November 5, 2012 9:19 PM

[quote]Meoli added that despite the fact that “the girls were definitely all over him,” DiCaprio – who recently reportedly split from Victoria’s Secret bombshell Erin Heatherton after approximately 10 months – wasn’t paying much attention. “He was more with his boys,” he said. “Hanging with the rappers, getting on the mic. I didn’t see him with the girls at all.”

[quote]A second source at the party, which benefited the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation as well as hurricane relief, agrees with the celebrity deejay. “He really wasn’t flirting with anyone. It was a boys affair.”

I bet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71November 12, 2012 7:44 PM

[quote]Whatever potential he had is long gone. He doesn't sell tickets. He'll never win an Oscar.

Shutter Island and Inception would disagree with you. Nothing was going to save J. Edgar. Django Unchained also looks like it could be a hit.

by Anonymousreply 72November 12, 2012 7:51 PM

Is Bradley Cooper part of his posse of pussies now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73February 5, 2013 12:01 AM

No matter what he does in life he'll always have his painting on the sixteenth chapel.

by Anonymousreply 74February 5, 2013 12:05 AM

One of only two real pieces of gossip that I know first hand involves Leo. I am a flight attendant and years ago I was working a flight back to L.A. from Maui, I had a guy onboard that came to the back and was chatting with me. Turns out he was a private security guard hired to sit on a boat for a week anchored a short distance from a boat that Leo and Tobey shared alone. Nobody got on or got off the boat. Who knows what they were doing, I can only imagine. This was around 1996 give or take a few years.

by Anonymousreply 75February 5, 2013 6:13 AM

R75, and the dude just volunteered all of this information to you between bites of his cheese and bologna sandwich?

by Anonymousreply 76February 5, 2013 6:28 AM

Leo middle aged???

by Anonymousreply 77February 5, 2013 6:39 AM

I would love to see him in more dramas and in less gangster movies in the future. I think he played enough of these roles and he was great but, now it's time for him to move on.

by Anonymousreply 78May 17, 2013 12:16 PM

However, i refuse to see 'The Great Gatsby',simply because DiCaprio doesn't fit in that role. He shouldn't accept to play Gatsby.

by Anonymousreply 79May 18, 2013 2:00 PM

Probably he is pretty fucked up in his personal life, but i guess that is just his business as long as he is not committing any heinous crime!

He is an actor that shines behind the screen no matter how does he look like. He is weird though, isn't he? And yet not exactly weird, i can't define him...lol! Maybe that's what a really great actor is. A person who makes it impossible for you to define them.

by Anonymousreply 80September 27, 2013 10:50 PM

I hope I have a flight where R75 is working. I have a bridge I'm selling in Brooklyn, and its got his name on it!!

by Anonymousreply 81September 27, 2013 10:59 PM

They look happy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 1, 2013 11:15 PM

Pussy Posse??? More like Man pussy

by Anonymousreply 83October 2, 2013 4:23 AM

2014 Oscars Leonardo DiCaprio HUGS Winner Matthew McConaughey...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 12, 2014 5:19 PM

Kate Winslet's lipstick is very sluttish. She was looking like his mother back in those days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85June 12, 2014 5:31 PM

R19, I could believe that about Wahlberg, but I heard Phoenix left BBM after Gus Van Sant decided not to do it. He's never given any indication of being an actor concerned with his image; the opposite, in fact. He avoids the press in general.

Phoenix was around 4 when his parents left the Children of God cult, BTW.

by Anonymousreply 86June 12, 2014 5:48 PM

With Tom Hardy in his next movie, directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu. How do you see that? I think that's great news!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87January 1, 2015 10:06 PM

If you want to read more and to see a photo of Leo from The Revenant....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 1, 2015 10:09 PM

Good to see Leo still hooking up Lukas Haas with work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89January 1, 2015 10:22 PM

Hehehe R89.

by Anonymousreply 90January 2, 2015 11:12 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 3, 2015 12:27 AM

So sad that Leo's leading Tom a stray!

by Anonymousreply 92January 22, 2015 4:51 AM

Tom is going to steal the movie from Leo. He's 10X the actor Leo is.

by Anonymousreply 93January 22, 2015 4:53 AM

Black gossip sites say he knocked up Rihanna and has been seeing her for "months" but 2 weeks ago he had a ton of females with him on some secluded island.

by Anonymousreply 94January 22, 2015 5:03 AM

Black gossip sites continually fantasize about white actors allegedly in love with black women. Usually about actors who are closet cases.

by Anonymousreply 95January 22, 2015 5:16 AM

So is Lukas Leo's drug lord? His personal assistant? His one true love? All of the above?

by Anonymousreply 96January 22, 2015 5:27 AM

disgusting but I'd bust on his beard

by Anonymousreply 97January 22, 2015 5:30 AM

go-to pro bro

by Anonymousreply 98January 22, 2015 5:30 AM

[quote]Black gossip sites continually fantasize about white actors allegedly in love with black women.

I've noticed that as well, yet they are almost always white actors who have never even publicly dated a black woman. I don't know where they come up with this stuff.

by Anonymousreply 99January 22, 2015 5:45 AM

Actors who become big time movie stars very young always freak out. Everybody wants something from them. So they tend to surround themselves with friends and family who knew them before they were famous. Way to keep the gold diggers away. But the entourage tends to turn out to be gold diggers themselves. Leo's posse seems to be made up of former child actors. This is also why they need enormous salaries and big movies where all their buddies can get hired for some sort of job.

Pathetic really.

by Anonymousreply 100January 22, 2015 6:00 AM

the boys are in love. Its a squeaky clean glass closet he is living in right now. He presumably fucks around. How does Haas put up with it? True blind love?

by Anonymousreply 101January 22, 2015 6:29 AM

He is just another terribly overrated, overpaid Hollywood idiot.

by Anonymousreply 102January 22, 2015 6:40 AM

I very much disagree.

There are so many of what you typed in Hollywood, there really is no need to shit on the good ones. He has made excellent film choices, worked with legendary directors and is Scorsese's muse. What more should he do? Meanwhile Cooper will win the Oscar (IN A LEAD ROLE!!!!!), yep THAT guy from 'The Hangover' parts 1-16--HIM, he will win an Oscar before Leonardo DiCaprio! The guy who did The Aviator, The Departed, Shutter Island et all.

Leave Leo alone r102

by Anonymousreply 103January 22, 2015 6:47 AM

He picks the same type of roles - brooding, pain etc. When did he last do a comedy? I dont see a range.

by Anonymousreply 104January 22, 2015 6:55 AM

Pacino doesnt have a rage nor does Clooney.

Mcconaughey is the only relevant actor acting today with any 'range'.

by Anonymousreply 105January 22, 2015 7:03 AM

"Black gossip sites continually fantasize about white actors allegedly in love with black women."

"I've noticed that as well, yet they are almost always white actors who have never even publicly dated a black woman. I don't know where they come up with this stuff."

Don't all women of different ethnicities who read gossip sites like to fantasize about there favorite celebrity? How does that only apply to black women? The hate for black people on this website is so strong. Black women are now vilified for even having fantasies. What about the gay men on this site who post countless threads about screwing some straight actor who won't give them the time or day?

by Anonymousreply 106January 22, 2015 7:17 AM

[quote]When did he last do a comedy?

There were comedic elements in "The Wolf of Wall Street" and moreso in "Django Unchained".

by Anonymousreply 107January 22, 2015 7:18 AM

R107 FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Just another bitter RACIST DLer

by Anonymousreply 108January 22, 2015 7:23 AM

r 93

Agree. Tom is the superior actor. It’ll count for nothing if he can’t keep his personal life together and the demons at bay.

by Anonymousreply 109January 22, 2015 7:40 AM

R99, so true. Leo has never publicly dated a black woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 22, 2015 8:06 AM

R110 So now a groupie throwing their arms around a celeb is considered dating? LMAO!

by Anonymousreply 111January 22, 2015 8:14 AM

Hello R99

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112January 22, 2015 8:16 AM

I still don't think he dated that BW with the blue phone with her arms around him. Every single time he goes out with his posse and people it has been with WW, not BW, never. Till this Rihanna thing.

I also think he was excellent in Wolf Of Wall Street, which was great btw. Really Scorcese is back with that flick.

The problem with the black gossip sites is that they're convinced that Leo is in love with RiRi, and that is not true. They even quoted a "source" who said that "Leo is just having fun, it's just fun for him."

And taking this further, I think that there seems to be a high amt of BW that kill themselves when the swirl thing ends and a lot of WM use BW, just like they use tons of WW, for sex, not relationships.

Based on the above source quote, I doubt that Rih is pregnant, if she is Leo will not marry her nor settle down with her. He is not interested in settling down with anyone.

Also, I really thought he was gay for a very very long time, he might be bi or he might have grown out of his bi/gay phase like some guys do and he's straight now. IDK.

by Anonymousreply 113January 22, 2015 8:44 AM

R113, this don't look like a gay man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114January 22, 2015 8:51 AM

The Rihanna pregancy rumors came from MediaTakeout. Most black people know that Mediatakeout make shit up and consider that site to be a joke. It was actually a playboy playmate who happens to be a friend of Leo who tweeted about the Leo and Rihanna kiss. I don't take it this seriously either but Rihanna who is notorious for calling the paps everyday everytime she steps out of the house has been M.I.A for an entire week. No, selfies, no tweets and no daily pap strolls which tell me something is going on. I'm a Rihanna stan btw.

by Anonymousreply 115January 22, 2015 9:00 AM

Bossip picked it up R115 she's been back tweeting but she's sort of underground right now which is weird since she has a selfie-narcissistic addiction.

BTW, here's Rihanna before she became famous with weaves, wigs, green contact lenses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116January 22, 2015 9:08 AM

R116, that pic has been on the internet for years and its a photoshop picture.

by Anonymousreply 117January 22, 2015 9:21 AM

No it's not 'shopped. Her nose is really wide here too. That is her in the other pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118January 22, 2015 9:26 AM

Ok let's look at her twitter acct. She's behind some WG on there right now. Is it for a movie? It's not DiCrapio btw.

by Anonymousreply 119January 22, 2015 9:32 AM

Those photos look like he's talking to the women because it's loud, or maybe hugging. It's not like they are kissing.

by Anonymousreply 120January 22, 2015 10:38 AM

Di Caprio doesn't have any range. He gets his choice of the best scripts out there because he's a big box office draw and directors want bums in seats, but he hasn't developed as an actor. He's like Jodie Foster, he falls back on his usual grimaces. McBongo acted him off the screen in Wolf.

He's aging badly too, with the heavy, square peasant's face and doughy body.

by Anonymousreply 121January 22, 2015 1:18 PM

I never got what people see in Leo. When I see pics of him with 20 models all I think is giant douchebag. Plus he looks so dumpy when he is out and about, he reminds me of Adam Sandler in that way. Have you noticed that he doesn't show any emotion when he is photographed in public? He always has the same stone face and that stupid granddad hat that he wears.

by Anonymousreply 122January 22, 2015 1:25 PM

When I see him with 20 models, I think he's really clueless because nobody thinks he's having sex with them.

His modus operandi is always very young, blonde foreign models in need of a career boost. When they get too famous because of their 'association' with him (Gisele, Bar) he dumps them. It must be because he no longer has total control over the situation. I'm sure they all sign confidentiality agreements.

Don't believe for a minute he's with Rhianna because 1) he's probably gay 2) she's too famous, he wouldn't have control over the situation and 3) black women have never been included in his 'romance scenarios'. Everybody knows the white actors who prefer black women (DeNiro, McBongo, etc.) and Leo's taste in beards runs to insipid blondes.

by Anonymousreply 123January 22, 2015 1:59 PM

MTO is saying Rihanna is pregnancy fat now, and people think it's DiCrapio's.

Pic at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124January 23, 2015 8:25 PM

Leo has certainly been successful at fighting the pretty. After being drooled over as Romeo and whatever-his-name-was in Titanic, he was obviously so eager to be taken seriously that he killed his youthful beauty ahead of time with booze, fat and partying.

The irony is, he doesn't seem to realize his looks are gone for good. He's fighting a phantom at this point.

Hard to believe he ever looked like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125January 23, 2015 8:54 PM

And speaking of aging out of beauty, look what I found while googling young DiCaprio:

(though I will say that Pitt -- who also fights his pretty very strenuously -- has clearly aged far better)

by Anonymousreply 126January 23, 2015 8:56 PM

Sorry, inept copy/pasting at r126 above:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127January 23, 2015 9:02 PM

I'm the reason Leo has the career he does. He still has yet to thank me, the turd. Titanic's a better movie than any of his "serious" work...and has one of his best screen performances, of course. No one else could've pulled it off. And NO it's not just me saying this!

by Anonymousreply 128January 23, 2015 9:09 PM

I think he is one of the most overrated actors working.

He was better suited to playing a boy. I never find him convincing as a grown man.

by Anonymousreply 129January 23, 2015 9:09 PM

Titanic wasn't a film; it was a special effect.

The script was atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 130January 23, 2015 9:13 PM

I think ALL his fans date from Titanic (though of course they won't admit it). I've seen all his movies and can't remember a single one that impressed me since Gilbert Grape.

by Anonymousreply 131January 23, 2015 9:14 PM

He was in a movie called "Marvin's Room" with Meryl Streep and Diane Keaton, and he was very, very good in it. It came out in the mid-90s.

by Anonymousreply 132January 23, 2015 10:33 PM

R130, tell that to my 11 Oscars and $2 billion grosses and go back to waiting tables while I'm king of the world.

by Anonymousreply 133January 23, 2015 10:43 PM

Titanic would not have been a hit without Leo. All those teenage girls paying to see the film multiple times because of Leo. Without him the film would have been a monumental flop.

by Anonymousreply 134January 23, 2015 11:01 PM

R134, it would have been a hit. Even when it came out, I remember criticism because Winslet (who is younger than Di Caprio) looked so much older than him.

Di Caprio had the baby faced, androgynous look of a member of a boy band which is why he appealed to all those little middle school girls who would go see the movie 100X. But that made the romance that much less believable for an adult. He was only sexy if you hadn't yet made it through puberty.

by Anonymousreply 135January 23, 2015 11:54 PM

It was certainly believable for the Academy, who voted for Titanic in a landslide, and many more people than teenage girls. It was number one at the box office for 16 weeks in a row or some insane number. Even Avatar didn't do that.

by Anonymousreply 136January 24, 2015 12:05 AM

When I went to see it, it was me and a theater full of 12 year old girls. I was afraid I might be arrested.

Same audience for Titanic that later materialized for Hunger Games.

by Anonymousreply 137January 24, 2015 12:24 AM

I will say that Boogie Nights would have been a better movie (I still give it a 9/10) if LDC had taken the lead instead of Marky Mark. He was first choice. Still, PTA worked his magic to get Marky's only decent performance to date.

by Anonymousreply 138January 24, 2015 12:29 AM

I loved him in Catch me if you can. He screws up at choosing his project in general.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139January 24, 2015 12:38 AM

I thought he was good in Blood Diamond and that his accent worked. Usually his accents suck. Am I delusional?

by Anonymousreply 140January 24, 2015 12:48 AM

Yes, R140. I thought it was bad. But then I only watched the trailer.

And what the fuck is a guy who made a movie about blood diamonds doing hanging around with Naomi fucking Campbell? He's sort of a hypocrite with his charitable efforts.

We don't need another Bono.

by Anonymousreply 141January 24, 2015 12:53 AM

Isn't it interesting how many real life people Leo has played? Jack Nicholson, in comparison, played mostly original characters. All three of his Oscars were original.

by Anonymousreply 142January 24, 2015 1:03 AM

Let's count, R142:

This Boy's Life Total Eclipse Basketball Diaries Catch Me If You Can The Aviator J. Edgar Wolf of Wall Street

That makes seven so far.

by Anonymousreply 143January 24, 2015 1:27 AM

Actors who star in biopics win Oscars. That's the only reason he's played so many real people. He's obsessed with getting an Oscar. He's playing another one in his new movie.

His Texas accent in The Aviator was pathetic. He can't do accents and shouldn't try. He's just a movie star and he wants to be a great actor, something he'll never be. We'd know by now.

by Anonymousreply 144January 24, 2015 1:47 AM

The most hilarious thing ever: Leo getting eaten alive by Daniel Day-Lewis in every single scene of Gangs of New York. My God, he looked terrified.

by Anonymousreply 145January 24, 2015 3:08 AM

The Revenant: trouble on set.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146January 25, 2015 3:39 AM

Enty lawyer has a reveal today about the A lister whose ex says they never had intercourse. She'd give him hand jobs and blow jobs only. Toni Garrn and Leo. This follows up Bar Rafaeli's claims they never had sex.

Come on, Gisele, fess up!

by Anonymousreply 147February 8, 2015 5:49 PM

So once and for all: Is he gay or not?

I think it's strange that he's supposedly such a ladies man and been with all these women, and not one of them has ended up pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 148February 8, 2015 5:56 PM

Low sperm count?

by Anonymousreply 149February 8, 2015 5:59 PM

He is as ugly as hell, these days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150March 3, 2015 11:07 AM

He is supposed to be hot and heavy with Rhianna. We'll see how long that lasts.

by Anonymousreply 151March 3, 2015 12:55 PM

I agree with that earlier poster, I've never bought him as an adult. He looks like a teenaged boy dressing up and playing a man. I've gotten used to pretending he passes as an almost 40 year-old, but it took some doing.

by Anonymousreply 152March 3, 2015 1:19 PM

His next Oscar bait film should be about Orson Welles. The resemblance is uncanny.

by Anonymousreply 153March 3, 2015 2:30 PM

Why doesn’t he work out?

by Anonymousreply 154June 26, 2021 5:29 AM

I think Leo would look great if he worked out.

by Anonymousreply 155August 30, 2021 1:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!