Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The person you hate most at work

and why.

Vent here.

by Anonymousreply 128May 6, 2019 7:34 PM

Pat. Was given the choice to quit or to step down from Director, and function as 'just another nurse'. Still behaves as if she's the Director. The Penultimate Condescending Frau.

by Anonymousreply 1June 11, 2012 10:47 AM

There's is this woman at work and she thinks she is so very. But I am always like, as if.

She then goes, she goes, she goes, whatevers, and I am all like in her face with, don't go there.

And she's all, Oh I'll go where I want

And then I am, not where if I can help it.

And then she's like all H/R on my ass and I am like whatevers to her.

by Anonymousreply 2June 11, 2012 10:54 AM

I hate this guy at work.

He is always complaining and criticizing every co-worker's way of working on projects.

He wants to run the office but has not talent or skills for that, so he basically sabotages everyone and everything, and then comes in as a heor to save the day and he does it in front of the manager.

Now, he has told everyone at work, except the manager, that he'll definitely get the job when they announce the opening of office director.

by Anonymousreply 3June 11, 2012 10:55 AM

I hate this guy at work he is such a little jerk.

OK I come in, punch in and go down and get changed. Then I eat my breakfast. And he's all like, "You're phone is ringing."

I tell him, "Then answer it." I am not about to get indigestion for him.

Then he gets all pouty like it's my fault the phone is ringing.

So I go up and log into my computer and check my email and he's like, "You have a client waiting."

And I'm like, "Well there not going anywhere."

And well you get the idea.

But do I complain to the boss about his bitching at me. But heaven forbid, I ask him to punch out for me if I leave early.

Jerk

by Anonymousreply 4June 11, 2012 11:46 AM

My manager. Im not even going to start mentioning all the reasons why or I'll work myself into a rage. I just hope Im moved into another team soon. Although I suspect everybody else in my team is dying to get away from him too. Apart from my manager, I'm indifferent to everyone else. I think most of the others feel the same way about me and each other. It's one of the benefits of working in a team that doesn't have a single person under 30. We have lives, we don't want to be bffs and have drinks on Friday together. We just want to do a good job and then have nothing to do with each other until we're all back in the office again. This team is the most professional and harmonious I've ever worked with and yet our manager is so awful I have no doubt people will start jumping ship.

by Anonymousreply 5June 11, 2012 12:01 PM

R1... you used "Penultimate" jokingly, correct?

by Anonymousreply 6June 11, 2012 12:06 PM

I work with this queeny little bitch who thinks he's hot shit. He uses the word penultimate incorrectly. I dont correct him so he'll continue to look like an idiot when he uses it.

by Anonymousreply 7June 11, 2012 12:56 PM

They like "penultimate" because it has an extra syllable. Never mind its actual meaning.

by Anonymousreply 8June 11, 2012 1:10 PM

[quote]The Penultimate Condescending Frau.

Whose the most condenscentious one, than.

by Anonymousreply 9June 11, 2012 1:20 PM

The owner (it's a small business). A recovering alcoholic (very recent). I liked him better when he was a drunk.

by Anonymousreply 10June 11, 2012 1:23 PM

This total asshat who sits across from me with this constant smug expression, know it all attitude, and general shit eating demeanor because he's the new guy and all the girls just LOVE him (because he's so cute! And he has the cutest goatee!), when in reality he has no idea what the fuck we do or how to do it, and all his questions do is slow us down to a dead crawl.

Seriously dude - just fuck off already.

by Anonymousreply 11June 11, 2012 1:26 PM

How can I possibly narrow it down to one?

by Anonymousreply 12June 11, 2012 1:27 PM

Nicole. Not so much hate as I'm wary of her. She's vying for a position that would make her my director. She'd cut a bitch if she had to, and then throw 'em under the bus just to make sure. I just don't trust her.

by Anonymousreply 13June 11, 2012 1:30 PM

Myself, for having to come do this every day.

by Anonymousreply 14June 11, 2012 1:32 PM

Wow R14. I have to agree. That's how I feel too. Never thought of it like that.

by Anonymousreply 15June 11, 2012 1:41 PM

No one at my current job, but my last job....o man no question: Anne, the bookkepper. She was a miserable fat old cunt who fucked up my paperwork and I ended up having to pay extra taxes at the end of the year. She was so shitty at her job, always fucking things up and then lying about it and blaming me. On the third time she got caught in a lie about me I told the owner I was done with her and vowed NEVER to speak to her again outside of what was absolutely necessary. After nine months of having to share an office with someone who so clearly despised her, she quit.

by Anonymousreply 16June 11, 2012 3:38 PM

There is this waitress named Vera at the hash house I work at and she's all the time spilling drinks and getting orders wrong. Yesterday I went ahead and told her to kiss my grits.

by Anonymousreply 17June 11, 2012 4:08 PM

My boss - stupid entitled republican douchebag

by Anonymousreply 18June 11, 2012 4:19 PM

My employees. Bunch of idiots. Seriously, they are one step above retarded. One recently asked me to fax something to her and told me to put color ink in my fax so she would get a color copy on her end. Another one didn't know the meaning of the word "average."

I don't usually hate dumb people. It's not their fault. But this group is arrogant too and that combo is lethal. Cocky morons are infuriating.

by Anonymousreply 19June 11, 2012 4:42 PM

We had this woman at work with a voice like a Foghorn, except flat. The sound carried up to half a mile, through walls. And that was even before she raised her voice, which she often did.

by Anonymousreply 20June 11, 2012 4:45 PM

Short fat bald guy who could be charming but screamed and yelled at people at the drop of a hat -- underlings and peers who had not done anything wrong. Finally got fired after too many fights with too many people. Refused to accept any responsibility for his dismissal, claiming it was a conspiracy. Have encountered him as a freelancer and he is arrogant as ever.

by Anonymousreply 21June 11, 2012 4:56 PM

There's a woman at work who barely hides her contempt for me, rarely makes eye-contact and never returns my hellos. Our brief and random interactions (we don't work together closely but I have paperwork to give her every few weeks) are always awkward; she puts on a flat-affect face and monotone voice and speaks in short, clipped sentences. I've caught her giving me barely disguised eye rolls on a few occasions. I know she's not like this with everyone as I see her being chatty and friendly with others.

No idea what her deal is. I'm wondering if it's homophobia since I'm the only out gay person in the office. Just started this job a few months ago and everyone else is nice and treats me with respect.

by Anonymousreply 22June 11, 2012 5:06 PM

I hated my alcoholic boss who every day when he left said loudly "I;m going to go home and get drunk!" proudly. But he didn't like me cause he'd fuck up all day and I'd come in at night and have to clean up his mistakes.

I got in a car accident and came in the next day woozy and he accused me of being drunk. Even had HR accompany me to Cedars and wanted access to my medical records.

Needless to say I was sober, didn't even have as much as an advil in me. I sued them and won.

by Anonymousreply 23June 12, 2012 1:30 AM

Allen - total tool who wants power without having to work for it. Aspergers and does not respond to social and verbal cues .

by Anonymousreply 24June 12, 2012 1:36 AM

[quote]Even had HR accompany me to Cedars and wanted access to my medical records.

Un-fucking-believeable. Congratulations on your win. This is why, when the Revolution comes, HR trolls will be amongst the first up against the firing squad wall.

by Anonymousreply 25June 12, 2012 1:38 AM

My last boss. An utterly self-focused preening queen (used to tweet pics from the first class airport lounge - I kid you not) who thought he was alpha shit managerially, but clients saw right through him. So when he got the flick, he went into shock.

There were a number of others on the management team who also had the emotional maturity of tadpoles, but he was the circus master.

by Anonymousreply 26June 12, 2012 1:48 AM

An old Maid named Janice. The most miserable bitch that ever breathed air. Her job was her life. Stabbed everyone she came in contact with in the back.

by Anonymousreply 27June 12, 2012 3:08 AM

Guy who looks and talks like Cletus on the Simpsons.

Spends all day loudly yakking about his tin hat conspiracy theories and how liberals are brain damaged.

One of the most professionally irresponsible people I have ever met, but always ranting about his politics of personal responsibility.

Spends all day running his mouth and not doing any work, but he is seemingly protected by good ol' boy cronyism.

Today he made a joke about how he was going to the toilet to squeeze out some Obama dolls.

by Anonymousreply 28June 12, 2012 3:39 AM

The entire legal department for the usual reasons one hates lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 29June 12, 2012 3:59 AM

36-year-old woman who thinks she's a hot teenage girl. Sucks up outrageously to male management and leaves colleagues holding the bag on projects. Screams to get her own vanity initiatives budgeted although they do not help the business. Has toxic, loud fag-hag relationship with office's gay man -- they alternate between sycophantic buttering up and vicious fights. Truly awful!

by Anonymousreply 30June 12, 2012 12:24 PM

I work for a manager who is most likely a sociopath. All the gossip in the office is started and perpetuated by her. She continuously lies to other employees about her staff, mainly to get a reaction and to have some entertainment. Her entire life is centered around her job, but she runs her mouth more than doing any quantifiable work. Unfortunately, most of the people in my office are dumb and poor judges of character, so they believe most of her bullshit until it's too late. She's successfully fired just about anyone she perceives as a threat, since she is very cunning, at times charming, and knows how to sweet talk the boss to do her bidding. She is pure evil. I'm the only one in the office to ever confront her about her antics, and it led to an extended feud where she lied to other employees about me to get a coalition of people to hate me. When that didn't work, she made stuff up about the quality of my work. I'm wondering how common this kind of behavior is in the workplace? I'm looking for a job now and do not want to meet anyone like her again.

by Anonymousreply 31June 12, 2012 12:34 PM

Rebecca G. at Pink Ribbon central. Butt-smooching, no-talent asshole who looks like a worm. The only time she's nice to anyone is when she needs something. Really awful person who will step on your FACE to climb up the ladder. But looks like people have got her number: she's stalled out where she is now. She can only fool people for so long.

by Anonymousreply 32June 12, 2012 12:52 PM

My supervisor. Kept on for years to avoid a huge lawsuit if they fired her. Does a grand total of two hours of work everyday, while the rest of us deal with the public, which is a nightmare. Plans her vacations and shops online in her office. Attends useless meetings. I hate when I see her invoices or reservations on the central printer.

I hate her assistant more though, who really serves no purpose other than doing two hours of work each day so my supervisor doesnt need to do four. Totally oversteps his boundaries as her assistant to do nothing. Selfish male cunt with an attitude problem and a Napoleon complex.

by Anonymousreply 33June 13, 2012 1:45 AM

This bitchy little queen with horrendous breath.

by Anonymousreply 34June 13, 2012 1:49 AM

Our bitchy secretary. She used to be on staff and got canned because she had the worst attitude of anyone who'd ever worked in our department, and now her sole mission in life is to make others' lives hell. Need something? She'll throw a phone number at you and tell you to do it yourself. Are we passing around a card to sign for someone whose mother died? She'll sneer and swat it off of her desk with a "no THANK you." Say good morning to her? She'll grimace and snort and walk away. And she can't be fired because the director just doesn't want to deal with her. I wish she'd fall in a ditch.

by Anonymousreply 35June 13, 2012 1:57 AM

Not working now (summer college classes) but there was an old bitch that worked in my office that drove me up a fucking wall.

She sat two cubes over but I could hear her…and she just complained about everything, all day, every day, day in, day out. She was never positive, was mean to her daughter on the phone.

She chose to be short with me one day when I was helping her and I held my hand up and said, "Oh, no. You may use that tone of voice with other people, but I don't do abuse. When you're ready to have a calm discussion about this, let me know." She was cordial to me after that.

Ugh, even discussing her makes me mad. Nasty old cunt.

by Anonymousreply 36June 13, 2012 2:00 AM

A rapist and a royalist who needs to tell other off

by Anonymousreply 37June 13, 2012 2:09 AM

I posted this on the 'shit you hate' thread but feel like venting again. I have a pair of 20 something co-workers who think they are auditioning for SNL. All day long. Monday through Friday. (Think Jimmy Fallon and Horatio Sans cracking themselves up for hours on end.)

They yell out the same joke of the day to each other, throughout the day. And think they are hi-larious.

They love to have nicknames for everyone in the office. And they LOVE practical jokes. (The latest one was putting every unused office chair, 20 of them, into one guys office while he was on vacation. When he returned and opened his office door, there was a mini-mountain of chairs blocking his entry. (Eye roll)

Sure, it's fun to have upbeat co-workers and do stupid things NOW AND THEN. But this is a regular occurrence off and on throughout the day. And most of the people in the office think these guys are just a hoot.

I swear if forced to pick between one extreme or the other, I'll take a co-worker who never talks any day.

by Anonymousreply 38June 13, 2012 2:57 AM

R4

by Anonymousreply 39June 13, 2012 4:23 AM

My closet-case boss. Wants to be seen as progressive and "gay-friendly" by colleagues and understaff, but in command of the office and ahead of his detractors, who are quietly but surely homophobic. Married with three kids, rich and successful, yet secretly online (A4A, Craigslist) hooking up to get his ass fingered and fucked. Thinks all gays are educated, DINKs and rich. Doesn't understand why marriage equality is a big deal, after all, he made another choice.

by Anonymousreply 40June 13, 2012 4:36 AM

Oh, yeah: And Nancy Brinker. Just go away, BITCH!

by Anonymousreply 41June 13, 2012 4:38 AM

Every. Last. One. Of. Them.

by Anonymousreply 42June 13, 2012 4:43 AM

I hate my gay boss, the Andy Cohen of my marketing group, who throws "gay" in everyone's face and supports all the women and straight guys in the group but not really any of the other gay men.

Cause there's only one official Gay, right?

by Anonymousreply 43June 13, 2012 4:50 AM

I worked with a woman who was the female version of the Dilbert character "Topper". She constantly had to one-up everyone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 13, 2012 6:13 AM

God, R19, I just had a coworker ask if she sends a color fax, will it be received in color at the other end? I think her tattoo ink is affecting her brain.

by Anonymousreply 45June 13, 2012 3:08 PM

Marketing manager by the name of Jason. Always walks reallllly fast because he's sooooo busy. Never knows what the hell he's talking about, and gets creamed by the VP every other meeting. (I think the VP enjoys this and it's the reason Jason still has his job.) Could be a decent-looking guy, but the yellow teeth, gut, and smarmy, insincere manner combine to make him repellent. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 46June 13, 2012 3:14 PM

It used to be Ginny in billing. The complaining, the work avoidance…Oy vey.

How was I to know you could actually DIE from restless leg syndrome?

by Anonymousreply 47June 13, 2012 3:21 PM

I got her fired. Don't have THAT problem anymore.

by Anonymousreply 48June 13, 2012 3:25 PM

I had the same expereince as R22, only I was stuck having the bitch as my "supervisor" (not in title, just in attitude). I never thought the phrase "dripping with contempt" could be literal until I heard the way my lovely co-worker spoke to me on my first day. She was furious that my predecessor/her BFF left the company, with no notice, for a higher-paying job. I will never understand why people try to make others miserable when they should be spending that energy on finding another job or negotiating for a better salary.

by Anonymousreply 49June 13, 2012 3:30 PM

"There's a woman at work who barely hides her contempt for me"

Maybe you forgot to wash your hands upon exiting the restroom?

by Anonymousreply 50June 16, 2012 7:59 PM

my colleague the low talker....she is bats. Convinced people have been looking thru her cube, messing w/computer, etc. (Went to HR to tell my concerns, later found out others have, too). She is always making passive agressive comments. I think of her as a "bunt" (bitch + cunt)....

by Anonymousreply 51June 16, 2012 8:18 PM

I'm not going to call her misogynist names because I believe she is a nice person outside of work, but there is a lady who infuriates me with her endurance for re:re:re:re:re: emails. She will never take 'no' for an answer, never accept my explanation for why the computer system did what it did, and never makes her staff accountable for their fuck-ups. She answers every email response with another question or comment and it goes on and on. Oh, and with many CC:'s too. I give up after a while, she wears me down. The plus side is that everyone in my company realizes she's an airhead. She did one response though that lit me up so bad, within seconds after she sent it and I read it I dialed her extension. She must have seen my caller ID because I seriously called her within seconds and she had to still be in front of her computer. She didn't answer, which is good because I was going to lay into her. Thankfully, I had a few minutes to cool down. Again, I don't think she is a bad person, I just think she was promoted to a position of incompetence and doesn't know how to deal with her staff's obvious lack of work engagement.

by Anonymousreply 52June 16, 2012 8:41 PM

concern troll. "are you feeling ok?? are you having a bad day?? i'm sorry, i just don't understand...are you having a hard time communicating??" tries to make me look fragile and difficult with fake solicitude.

by Anonymousreply 53June 16, 2012 10:20 PM

I got laid off five weeks ago and I'm so glad. I hated my job and I really hated my coworkers.

The worse was this privileged white guy who spoke like he was from the ghetto. He used to pronounce something "suntin" and he was a total dick.

Then there was this other guy who used to pick his nose and flick his boogers. I would always look over at his desk and catch him doing this until one day he looked over and saw me looking at him. It was awkward. Without thinking, I sort of smiled and winked hoping he would laugh it off. Instead, he tormented me from that day forward.

Then there was the office "goth" chick who had never heard of Bauhaus or Sisters of Mercy. She just wore black all the time and talked about her love of rats and acted like a cunt.

I never thought I would appreciate being laid off from a job but that was a blessing.

by Anonymousreply 54June 17, 2012 4:29 AM

This bitch at work who snapped me about someone not calling her back, just because she works for one of my trustees, like it's my fucking fault. And it hadn't even been a day! Maybe she's out sick for fuck's sake. I offer to send her her email and she says thanks, like you better!

by Anonymousreply 55December 4, 2012 7:09 PM

My bipolar boss who one day punches a file cabinet so hard it leaves a dent and the next day appears despondent and stares out the window for long periods of time. I suppose I should be more charitable toward the mentally ill but I'd rather not have someone so unstable have power over my job.

by Anonymousreply 56December 4, 2012 7:19 PM

This thread is nothing but cubefag drama.

by Anonymousreply 57December 4, 2012 7:24 PM

Straight guys in offices with doors make plenty of drama too. Fights, backstabbing, and blatant takeovers of other peoples' turf.

by Anonymousreply 58December 4, 2012 8:00 PM

[quote]Straight guys in offices with doors make plenty of drama too. Fights, backstabbing, and blatant takeovers of other peoples' turf.

True.

by Anonymousreply 59December 4, 2012 11:47 PM

Where do I begin? One asshole who makes 5x what I make thought it would be "cute" to hand out Christmas cards with a message in it letting us know that him and his family were spending their first Christmas in their brand new custom-built house (he even included the address so we would know it's in an expensive subdivision).

Then there's a guy who makes six figures who is a total asshole no matter how nice you are to him. He also thinks he's too good to say "hi" to you or acknowledge you.

And finally, there's the fraus that sit right by me that spend all day yapping about shit that has nothing to do with work, while I'm actually trying to concentrate and get stuff done. And of course, these lazy bitches make more than me.

by Anonymousreply 60January 10, 2014 12:54 AM

disrespectful beeeotch that thinks she's the boss. she is fucking mean and what's worse she reeks of cigarettes and smells like an ashtray! there i said it. thank you.

by Anonymousreply 61January 10, 2014 1:33 AM

Boss' wife. She had a six figure patronage job, but now floats around the office, offering unsolicited advice, throwing her husband's weight around, and acting smug and entitled. He retires in a couple of years, thank God!

by Anonymousreply 62January 10, 2014 1:49 AM

When you drones are done bitching can one of you make some coffee?

by Anonymousreply 63January 10, 2014 2:04 AM

Queenie guy I work with, mean and stupid and obsessed with rodeo and western stuff. He brought a saddle in and mounted it on some sort of stand and now he uses it instead of a chair. He's so pretentious and says "raaaather" at the end of all of his sentences, he is not British.

He gets away with murder because he pulled a candy machine on top of himself and then sued. Oh and he calls everyone "carrot puppy". Oh hello carrot puppy, raaather.

by Anonymousreply 64January 10, 2014 2:04 AM

[quote]How can I possibly narrow it down to one?

[bold]This.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 65January 10, 2014 2:14 AM

My boss. If you ask her a simple question like what the price is on something because it's not tagged, she'll give you a 15 minute lecture on why you should know the answer, while the customer is standing there waiting to buy it. And then she never give you an answer. The last place she worked 15 people threatened to walk out if she didn't leave so she transferred to our place. She also told us she has "spies" everywhere. No one can stand her.

by Anonymousreply 66January 10, 2014 2:15 AM

[quote]Queenie guy I work with, mean and stupid and obsessed with rodeo and western stuff. He brought a saddle in and mounted it on some sort of stand and now he uses it instead of a chair.

Please tell me you're joking.

by Anonymousreply 67January 10, 2014 2:22 AM

Nope, giddy up.

by Anonymousreply 68January 10, 2014 2:25 AM

Since I work for myself, I guess that would be me.

by Anonymousreply 69January 10, 2014 2:26 AM

Maggie. She is 4'11" and looks just like Master Yoda, right down to the thinning hair, the enlarged bloodshot eyes, the wrinkled lips, and the straggly mustache. She's a chain-smoker, she's been here forever (she's 62, and will never retire), and carries a lot of institutional power. She's extremely charming to those she likes and extremely withering and condescending to those she dislikes. Unfortunately, I seem to fit into both camps depending on her mood, and so I'm always caught off-guard.

by Anonymousreply 70January 10, 2014 2:28 AM

R69 What do you do?

by Anonymousreply 71January 10, 2014 2:29 AM

I am accused of stealing at the moment and I didn't do it. Annoying when people don't bother to think to find out who actually did the stealing. I am mad as hell about it!

by Anonymousreply 72January 10, 2014 2:30 AM

R72 Trolldar is not your friend.

Nice try though.

by Anonymousreply 73January 10, 2014 2:34 AM

r72, substitute "killing" for "stealing" and I know just how you feel.

by Anonymousreply 74January 10, 2014 2:34 AM

R73 R74

Apparently neither of you gyus are very good at thinking!

by Anonymousreply 75January 10, 2014 2:45 AM

i don't work at this resto anymore but they had hired a new manager and this asshole wanted to hire his whole family into the business and fire all the longtime employees of this resto. what a fucking asshole, thank goodness i graduated college and don't work there anymore.

by Anonymousreply 76January 10, 2014 2:54 AM

Someone on this site said once that the worst, most unsufferable people to work with are those in their early 30's who have just been promoted to upper management.

I completely agree. I've seen it time and time again.

They think their shit doesn't stink yet don't realize how many people make accommodations for them because they do know everything.

Totally oblivious shits. About 25% of them deserve the promotion - the rest either sucked up, stabbed down, or lucked out (immediate superior left and they needed a replacement ASAP).

by Anonymousreply 77January 10, 2014 2:55 AM

R77 I disagree. Assholes come in all ages.

by Anonymousreply 78January 10, 2014 2:58 AM

Stacy J., head accountant. Psycho trannie that has so much built up angry black woman in him, she makes the atmosphere toxic.

by Anonymousreply 79January 10, 2014 3:00 AM

r71, I do freelance tech support for an app developer. Also do web pages, write and freelance photography.

by Anonymousreply 80January 10, 2014 3:02 AM

Obama

by Anonymousreply 81January 10, 2014 3:55 AM

I don't think so R77. I think it's something that is done to them when they are promoted. I had excellent relations with some managers and when they got promoted they turned into raging harpies. I think management shows them behind the curtain and suddenly they realize they are working for crazies and supposed to do things which are unethical.

by Anonymousreply 82January 11, 2014 5:43 PM

Melody. Uptight, egotistical, 'butter wouldn't melt in her mouth' superior-attitude Mennonite nurse.

by Anonymousreply 83January 12, 2014 1:46 AM

[quote]Queenie guy I work with, mean and stupid and obsessed with rodeo and western stuff. He brought a saddle in and mounted it on some sort of stand and now he uses it instead of a chair. He's so pretentious and says "raaaather" at the end of all of his sentences, he is not British.

[quote]He gets away with murder because he pulled a candy machine on top of himself and then sued. Oh and he calls everyone "carrot puppy". Oh hello carrot puppy, raaather.

OMFG, R64 wins!

by Anonymousreply 84January 12, 2014 4:03 AM

Thank you R84

by Anonymousreply 85January 12, 2014 4:08 AM

Big lesbian Judy. Humourless, unattractive, and sour. Told somebody she thought I was rude, but I never had a conversation with her. She hates me because I'm prettier than she is.

by Anonymousreply 86January 12, 2014 4:43 AM

Little lesbian Dianne. She's 61, can't type her own documents, and terrorizes people. Tireless cunt. She only has survived on the backs of smarter people. You know this woman, and she is your worst nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 87January 12, 2014 5:16 AM

I'm with the other posters who can't pick just one.

by Anonymousreply 88January 12, 2014 5:32 AM

I can't pick one either, so I'll do a short summary of the top three.

Office secretary: Runs hot and cold, hyper or sullen. Inappropriately loud and giddy when happy, surly when sad. Engages in serious buzz kill. Complaining and negative, refers to clients as bozos and idiots.

Office clerk: Negative, rude, complaining, unfriendly, unsympathetic to clients. Is either not talking to secretary or they are best friends. She is a tattletale and will exaggerate or lie to boss to get people in trouble. When successful she becomes elated. Sick fuck.

Idiot boss: Zero people skills, bully, oaf, self-centered, takes all credit, gives none. Stirs the pot with his staff, believes the last lie he's told, humiliates staff, and never says thank you, I'm sorry, or great job. My favorite co-worker says he will stroke out one day and we can't wait.

The rest of the crew are great but we suffer working with the idiots. As we're in another suite we have many laughs at their expense. Thank god for the laughs.

by Anonymousreply 89January 12, 2014 5:48 AM

John, who won't take any help or even let people do their own jobs but loves to run around and moan about how it's all up to him and no one else does anything. Everyone knows he is just terrified of getting sacked and wants to make himself look indispensable. Dumb fucker.

by Anonymousreply 90January 12, 2014 6:03 AM

(sorry for me english, i am from a non english speaking country) We are 20 people working together, very good comunication and humorous people. but for the last year, there is this guy Tom, very problematic, lonely, game addict at home, smoking weed alone all the time. Doesn't have the courage to speak responsible, only to interupt when someone talks, and when its his turn to say something he talks bullshit. surely he is neurotic because of no friends or girlfriend, he is young thought, 27 so he may change. But now he is an annoying asshole. He tries to find the weakness of everyone so he can hurt him, at the right time when there is no people around. Apparently he was very problematic as a child. Our team once was a hell, but some old bastards left, and now our team is very good, almost perfect, and a person could really easily fit in. So it is obvious that its Toms problem. I don't know what he is going to do in his life. He only tries to be annoying, like putting loud music and all of us don't tell him anything feeling pitty for him and a little bit afraid of his reactions. I don't know how to talk to him. Well i don't need to, but sometimes it is nessesary.

by Anonymousreply 91March 13, 2014 1:45 PM

Kate. Loud, pushy, favorite topic is herself, spends her entire day surfing the web and loudly announcing whatever tidbit has caught her attention. Gets things wrong, constantly ("Billie Jean King is carrying in the US flag at Sochi! Stephen Sondheim wrote 'Sunset Boulevard'!")

Made all the worse by her speech impediment that makes her sound like Sylvester the cat. Icing on the cake is that she's a dumb Republican who every other day will complain about the cost of Michelle Obama's trip to China, or some such nonsense.

Asking her to please use her "indoor cackle" hasn't gone over well.

by Anonymousreply 92March 13, 2014 2:28 PM

My manager. She has the loosest lips on the planet, talks crap about my co-workers to me (I can only imagine what she says about me to others). Is wildly inappropriate, makes comments about my looks when we are in a private 1 on 1 meeting. Has driven people off our team with her bossy ways. She has little actual involvement in the work we do, but will decide to throw wrenches in everything because she thinks something other managers are doing is a "good idea", but doesn't care how much work it takes, or if it might actually NOT work (we're not like the other teams in the building). She's a complete nut. Her laugh sounds like a machine gun gone retarded.

by Anonymousreply 93March 13, 2014 2:31 PM

I'm an ICU RN. Most hated is thirty something RN. Lazy, nosy, probably bipolar. Seems to have up and down swings. Has four kids, always on the verge of leaving her husband. Snappy, rude. Asked a coworker twice if her boobs are "real" (they are, I know!!) Overly friendly with anyone she thinks can do something for her--I can't imagine what. Rumors are she was a ghetto brat street fighter in her teens, made some trips thru the system. How she ever got her RN is beyond me. Thanks for listening.

by Anonymousreply 94March 13, 2014 2:34 PM

I feel your pain, R91. Also used to work with somebody who would try to befriend colleagues just to find their weak points.

But now I'm retired and so happy I don't have to put up with these jerks anymore.

by Anonymousreply 95March 13, 2014 5:31 PM

Old adage:

If you meet an asshole in the morning, he's an asshole.

If you meet assholes all day long, you're the asshole.

by Anonymousreply 96March 13, 2014 5:37 PM

Very wise, R96. I believe it was Jesus of Nazareth who said that.

by Anonymousreply 97March 13, 2014 6:11 PM

[quote]I work for a manager who is most likely a sociopath. All the gossip in the office is started and perpetuated by her. She continuously lies to other employees about her staff, mainly to get a reaction and to have some entertainment.

I had a similar experience. I was an Assitant Art Director at an in-house art department, the Creative Director was a closted man and clearly a sociopath. He always seemed to hire men and women who were just like him.

One closeted guy he hired was a raging drunk and a womanizer who started so many office rumors, it was shock that it took so long for him to be fired. He'd come back from lunch reaking of alcohol. He'd leer that he'd fucked some woman at lunch. I told him,"Yeah riiight, more ike a guy!." I had his number! He hated that I outed him. Then he started to brag how men found him so hot. This guy was so messed up mentally, you almost had to feel sorry for him.

The CD was a bitchy backstabbing little queen who couldn't be more than 5'5"! He thrived on starting rumors. He rarely did an actual work. He made an enormous salary and his yearly bonus was more than two graphic designers salaries combined.

He was always talking about how 'poor' he was, he loved infuriating his staff, they all knew he wasn't poor. He was also a blowhard ReThug who adored Reagan and Bush. I left way before Obama became president, I can imagine how Obama's presidency blew his little racist mind!

This creep even went as far as pitting the freelancers against each other by telling each of them individually that they all made different hourly rates. They all did the same job and made the same amount per hour, but this creep enjoyed creating havoc. Getting his staff to despise each other was his life. He was locked into a miserable marriage to a woman who he knew was having an affair, he had a child with mental disabilities, so he took it out on his staff. If he had no control in his personal life, he micromanaged his staff.

Because this creep set the tone in the office, so many in the department followed his lead and most of the department became insufferable, talk about a trickle down theory, it always happens in these sorts of environments! The staff becomes as disgusting as their boss for fear of losing their jobs.

I've been working from home for the past few years, I LOVE it. Nothing beats not having to deal with office drama, most of which usually has NOTHING to do with the job at hand.

In retrospect, most of the drama with my last staff job had nothing to do with the actual work, everyone did their work except for the office drink.

Most of the office drama was all based on gossip and outright lies perpetuated by the CD. What was infurirating was the fact that the boss created most of the office drama, so exactly how does a person get around that? In these types of situations, workers feel like they don't have a leg to stand on.

This particular company was corrupt from the top down, going to HR proved futile, they were as disgusting at each department manager was. They hired day laborers to do major repairs, they paid them cash and thought nothing of it. How this company was never sued for millions was a miracle.

Nothing pleased me more than to recently hear that my ex-boss was finally fired along with the equally corrupt CEO! It took long enough to clean house! The CD had been there since the mid 1970s!

by Anonymousreply 98March 13, 2014 6:21 PM

This neurotic bitch who is so fucking boring and goes on and on about her worries about getting heart disease even though she's still in her 30s and her waist size (she is not even obese, maybe not even overweight) and her fucking job search and worries about it multiple times a week even though it's six and a half months before she'll be unemployed (if she doesn't find work before then). I want to fucking strangle her. And she is so monotone, so boring and a horrible writer/speaker. Other people make it entertaining or inject feeling at least. She's so irritating and super ugly and unattractive as well (she does not even seem to care) which bothers me as well. SIGH. I daily feel my patience seriously tested by her and I wish I was a bigger person than this bitch getting to me.

Thanks for the opportunity to vent anyway :)

by Anonymousreply 99March 13, 2014 7:44 PM

The customers.

by Anonymousreply 100March 13, 2014 8:08 PM

I work with two people who don't get along and dealing with their disregard/distrust of each other, talking past and contradicting each other, temper flares, and backstabbing is highly unpleasant. By themselves they are fine but they are really trapped in a toxic relationship.

by Anonymousreply 101March 14, 2014 12:45 AM

The patients! Non compliant, alcoholic, druggies, smokers, indulgent in risky sex practices, etc. No thought asbout how they have treated their bodies for their entire lives. Now they are critically ill, need God knows how many surgeries/interventions and expect us, the medical team, to make them well again.

by Anonymousreply 102April 5, 2014 12:00 AM

My boss is a thug and brute who is charming to everyone else. Trying to get out of his unit ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 103April 5, 2014 12:27 AM

Guy who organizes our staff meetings so they turn into 2-hour bull sessions with him running his mouth about everything he has on his mind. Total timedsuck. Dead-horse beater and grudgeholder who doesn't want us to have any rapport with people in other departments (whose participation we need). If we have good relationships with other groups, he ruins them.

Charming and smart in other ways, very weird that he carries on this way.

by Anonymousreply 104April 5, 2014 4:38 PM

All of them.

Because I just want to fucking retire.

by Anonymousreply 105April 5, 2014 4:43 PM

I work with kids. It is their parents that I hate. They are Bible Thumping weirdos.

Yesterday, Mommy decides she couldn't pick up her kids on time. She let me know she would be sending her husband, because she absolutely couldn't miss church. How nice of her. Lets make the kids wait an extra hour for dinner, because Mommy doesn't want to go to hell. In their home, they put Church first, everything else after. I hope their spawn grow up to be Atheists.

by Anonymousreply 106April 5, 2014 5:22 PM

Theresa. I hate this bitch like poison.

by Anonymousreply 107April 5, 2014 8:43 PM

I have worked with Jane for two years, in the last year Ive been getting almost daily updates about her teen son. The first year it was that he was starting to slack off at school and was probably going to fail his drivers test because he was such a bad driver and he wasnt making curfew. The second year it's been that he is failing classes& his standardized tests, not turning in work, multiple tardies and suspensions for them, skipping school twice, lying, still not making curfew, refusing to try to get a job unless Jane does it for him and then getting fired from it after a month, and all of this is tied up in the drama that is his fat little gf who is a high school dropout with a white trash family who dont do anything but scam the government and Jane's kid for money.

Jane and her husband flat out refuse to give this kid any consequences for anything. They let his gf come over to their house everyday until 10 or 11pm without the kid getting their permission. They let the kid spend any money he made at his job on her instead of his traffic tickets or gas. They pay for him to tote her and her family everywhere, they pay for emergency vet care for the gfs animals that have never had any medical care. Etc etc you get the picture. But she WILL NOT lay down any rules that he needs like taking away his keys or banning him spending time with the gf during the week, but she comPlains everyday about him and the gf and the situation in general. I have tried making remarks about how I knew such things were forbidden because (insert punishment I would have received under the same circumstance), in hopes that this would give her the confidence to take control of her home, but it goes in one ear and out the other. I have heard her on the phone with him saying that she is so mad at him she doesnt know what to say and that theyre going to have a big talk that night and "things are going to change for you", but they never do change! I am at the end of my rope with her daily complaints because I just want to snap, "things are NOT going to change because you refuse to make changes! He has no impetus to act better because he has suffered literally ZERO consequences and retains every last privilege he has! So what do you expect??"

A couple of times I have come close to saying this and she always says "well, it could be worse, that's what I keep telling myself. It could be so much worse, at least he's not a dopehead." And to that I want to say that he is worse! Addiction can be overcome, but laziness, irresponsibility, lack of an education, chronic insubordination, legal trouble and being shackled by marriage and/or baby to an equally nonambitious welfare queen and her mother at the age of 18 cannot be overcome!

by Anonymousreply 108April 5, 2014 9:23 PM

by Anonymousreply 109October 20, 2014 6:38 PM

this cunt at work used me to get what she wanted then stepped on me like a cigarette when she was done. nuffin but a fukin skank.

by Anonymousreply 110October 22, 2014 8:44 AM

[quote]The Penultimate Condescending Frau. Whose the most condenscentious one, than.

Cute intentional misspellings and all, your joke backfired, since penultimate doesn't mean second to the most condescending, but simply second to last. You needed to have asked "so who was the last condescending Frau then? ", implying that there are no more condescending fraud left after that last one - now there's a joke if I ever heard one!

by Anonymousreply 111October 22, 2014 9:30 AM

Fraud >> fraus

by Anonymousreply 112October 22, 2014 9:39 AM

I worked with this horror show bartender at a seafood restaurant on 2nd around 50th. She was a self entitled, spoiled bitch, passive aggressive, who though her shit didn't stink. She went as far as to complain to the management that she didn't trust me and that guests, instead of going to the manager, would come to HER to say I was a bad server, because she was so important. She's the cunt who got me fired. I swear I'll rip off her smug face if I ever see THAT WHORE again. Or better, just be as sickly sweet and phony as she is...may she die a thousand painful deaths.

by Anonymousreply 113October 22, 2014 10:30 AM

This fascist bastard. Ever since his eye looks at me with his face clearly written "fuck he's going to eat me!!", I knew he is a fuckwanker worth to be called Fascist Bastard.

I wish I've never known this fascisty, fuck him. I Go on a permanent vacation or something, coward bastard fascist.

by Anonymousreply 114May 5, 2015 1:09 AM

Nadine. She is one of the aides in my special ed classroom and she is constantly pointing out what she thinks I am doing wrong and how SHE would do things better. She gets transferred to different classrooms each year because nobody can stand her. The parents hate her and she yells at the kids and makes them cry. Our district has basically no consequences for anything the aides choose to do so I'm just counting days until the end of the year. Admin refuses to do anything about it even though they talk shit about her too She's also has done everything better than anyone else in the history of the world.

by Anonymousreply 115May 5, 2015 1:24 AM

Retired now, but in the 30 plus years that I worked the worst coworker I had was a gay guy. He had a wonderful charm and hypnotic voice and most everyone really liked him.

Unfortunately he had a cowardly, backstabbing side to him. In the 3.5 years I worked with and around him he viciously backstabbed five of us and harassed a woman who reported him to HR (she won.) He left a trail of damaged people where ever he went.

Fuck you, Tom.

by Anonymousreply 116May 5, 2015 2:17 AM

The black girl who goes to lunch at 11:30, returns at 12:30, and sits at her desk cracking her gum until the whistle blows at 5:00. Day in and day out. Each crack of her gum is like she's chewing on a nerve in my head.

by Anonymousreply 117May 5, 2015 2:46 AM

OMG, I love R9! Pure vintage DataLounge! I'm peeing my pants!

by Anonymousreply 118May 5, 2015 9:12 AM

An idiot who decided one day to write a dictionary, because it "isn't that hard".

by Anonymousreply 119May 5, 2015 9:36 AM

Marnie. Jesus Christ. She is exhausting. She has an extremely ugly face, but a very nice body. She is often times pleasent, sometimes weirdly standoffish, and occasionally fiercely butthurt. Literally Tuesday she will happily chat with you at lunch, Wednesday she'll look at you like your crazy and walk away from you when you say "good morning!" In passing. Friday she will be in hysterics, whispering and wiping her tears over the family member or old friend or co worker who has done her wrong by not "being there for her" or "supporting her" or "saying a mean thing".

The fucked thing is, she has friends at work. People who actually listen to her, and pat her frizzy haired man-like head and say "there there, so unfair, poor Marnie. those bad people! you are a wonderful person!"

No she isn't, she's wacko, and if you'd stop sucking her dick maybe she'd get to a shrink.fuckin Marnie. Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 120May 5, 2015 9:58 AM

I don't know if I hate Wee Albet or Alexandretta worse

by Anonymousreply 121November 3, 2017 12:36 PM

Yes, this closeted wannabe hick who came from the sticks of Ohio and whose face look like it was a five month old fetus. Total bastard and snake.

by Anonymousreply 122November 3, 2017 1:40 PM

Josh (or Joshua, depending on the day/his mood). A lying, back-stabbing, plagiaristic, racist young gay 'bear' with whom I have the misfortune to work. He actually posted on FB, "I can't help but chuckle when I see a co-worker getting a dose of karma", as my father was dying in hospice care. One of my friends had to talk me down, and talk me out of bringing a baseball bat to work to 'deal' with this asshole. I think it's extremely counter-productive to hate other people, but I don't know any way not to hate Josh/Joshua. My ex has even tried to tell me I need to be more supportive of other gay people, but when I tell him about some of this guy's shenanigans, he finds himself saying, "Oh, Mark, No!" Some things can't be excused.

by Anonymousreply 123November 3, 2017 1:44 PM

My boss. A 29 year old Millennial dick who makes this 45 year olds life hell.

by Anonymousreply 124November 3, 2017 1:46 PM

At my old job it was the overly religious staff attorney. She had to take the bar 5+ times to pass it and what aggravated the most was she tried to call everyone else out about the smallest fucking rules. She was mostly wrong as she had a habit of convoluting issues. What bothered me more was that on appellate issues I kept telling her, on too many occasions , State Rules > Local Rules (unless State rules PERMIT Local Rules then Local Rules control). She wrote very flawed appellate briefs that I had to go behind and fix. It annoyed the shit out of me because the cunt had the audacity to be like , " oh you're forgetting Blah blah blah rule " or "this and that rule (always an inapplicable rule to the instant case) says, " or , "wait this note of decision states ( again a case dissimilar to the present one)" .

It always ate at her that a 20-something paralegal was assigned all important cases that went to the State Court of Appeal /Supreme Court. She always took the credit but everyone knew who actually wrote it. She never openly challenged me because I was the trusted researcher and also a combative person in general (even my boss feared me to a certain degree) , so she always resorted to passive-aggressive methods. That's what she did with anyone who was "smarter" than her. She took out her micro aggressions on me , the hot real estate lawyer, the passive secretary , and the two smart law students. I notice she didn't do it to the other attorneys who were boring looking introverts. The only reason the cunt kept her job was that our boss was also overly religious and wouldn't put a mother out of a job.

I still give the bitch an Xmas gift every year because I can't show up to the old office and give all persons A-F and not give person D a gift so ugh it annoys me every year to see her. Also , she protest voted this election and refused to vote Hillary despite the fact that her entire office is mostly white women who benefitted largely from affirmative action. Yet another reason to hate the bitch. She also doesn't support gay marriage , though she has never treated me unkind because of my sexuality. She's a very closed minded individual too always saying " well the Bible says" when she doesn't want to be tolerant of different ideas.

by Anonymousreply 125November 3, 2017 2:41 PM

An entitled straight guy in his early 30s. Not only does he bother me, but it also bothers me the way everyone else just tolerates his behavior. He lies, is lazy, and does a shitty job, but he never faces consequences.

by Anonymousreply 126May 6, 2019 6:58 PM

Matt N. - pissy, overly-groomed little persnickety little bitch. We work for a studio, and he's in marketing, and he purses his lips like Maxine Waters when he's typing and focused on something and has no idea he does it (he's a white boy). He is extremely immature and inexperienced yet thinks he is the smartest person in the room. He worked at Whole Foods corporate for five hot minutes before he got fired and high-tailed it back to the West Coast. I hope he leaves soon.

by Anonymousreply 127May 6, 2019 7:06 PM

This young Chinese robot they hired. Never takes breaks, never calls in sick, never late, never leaves his PC. Just writes code all day, doesn’t engage with anyone. He’s the perfect employee, he’s raised the bar way high in my company. I can’t stand him and his cauliflower farts.

by Anonymousreply 128May 6, 2019 7:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!