Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

John Travolta - the saga continues

John Travolta had a six-year fling with his personal pilot, in a completely open secret known to people close to the “Urban Cowboy” actor, according to published reports.

The National Enquirer quoted the actor’s former personal secretary and a boyfriend of the pilot to back up the steamy, bombshell claims.

“I did everything for him, including taking care of his personal and professional schedules. Of course I knew he was gay. It never bothered me,” one-time secretary Joan Edwards told the supermarket tab.

Pilot Doug Gotterba, who now runs a charter plane service in Camarillo, Calif., would only confirm that he worked for Travolta for six years in the 1980s.

"That's how I met Doug. We both worked for John at the same time. Doug is a wonderful guy and we are still good friends. He told me that John was gay and they had a sexual relationship," according to Edwards.

by Anonymousreply 223February 26, 2018 12:20 PM

Gotterba’s one-time boyfriend Robert Britz said the pilot was very open about his years-long gay relationship with Travolta.

“Doug told me right at the beginning of our relationship that he'd had a homosexual relationship with John Travolta in the 1980s,” Britz said.

“Doug said John was constantly grabbing at his genital area, but he put up with John's sexual advances because working for him was 'lucrative.’ ”

by Anonymousreply 1June 6, 2012 3:12 PM

Travolta’s personal flyboy eventually turned away from the actor, grossed out by his weight and B.O., according to Britz.

“Doug said he hated sleeping with John because his body was very hairy, and he didn’t like the way John smelled,” Britz said.

“John became very heavy between movies. Doug recalled him 'huge’ and said it turned him off.

by Anonymousreply 2June 6, 2012 3:26 PM

Is Doug a DL regular?

I totally believe he is a closeted guy, but I hate that all of this reportage is most likely a result of Scientology's Fair Game practices.

by Anonymousreply 3June 6, 2012 3:35 PM

Gross.

by Anonymousreply 4June 6, 2012 3:40 PM

Preston has been in on all this from the beginning. A paid beard. How many more are there in Hollywood covering for sniveling 'mos hiding like cockroaches in a dark closet?

by Anonymousreply 5June 6, 2012 3:54 PM

Do you think so, R3? I can't decide if it's a matter of once the precedent is set it all comes out, or something more sinister. It's not like he has openly cut the $cios.

But it is odd how he lived such a (relatively) easy life for so long, and then KABOOM.

by Anonymousreply 6June 6, 2012 3:56 PM

Learn how to link, OP.

by Anonymousreply 7June 6, 2012 4:12 PM

[quote]Learn how to link, OP.

I know how to link, r7. What's your problem?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 6, 2012 4:31 PM

He's a tramp!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 6, 2012 4:59 PM

Airplane kiss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 6, 2012 5:01 PM

Wow, that nails it for me. What a pathetic closet case!!!!

by Anonymousreply 11June 6, 2012 5:19 PM

THIS old fart?!

(second from left)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 6, 2012 5:48 PM

The pilot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 7, 2012 12:28 AM

The Gotti movie might be DOA as well.

[quote]The final nail? John Travolta’s tabloid scandals. True or not, they are corrosive to this sort of project. Said one ex participant, “I doubt John Gotti Jr. would want him playing his father now.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 7, 2012 12:55 AM

Seeking Male Massage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 7, 2012 1:01 AM

“Gotti” is dead. For some time, Ted Field of Radar Pictures said he was going to raise the necessary $45 million to make the film. But that hasn’t happened. Field’s had his own problems within his company.

Toback, filming his own mockumentary of Cannes, recently told me he hasn’t heard a word from Fiore in months. Neither has anyone else involved in “Gotti.”

The final nail? John Travolta’s tabloid scandals. True or not, they are corrosive to this sort of project. Said one ex participant, “I doubt John Gotti Jr. would want him playing his father now.”

“Gotti” remains one of the great unproduced, overly announced movies in history. RIP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 7, 2012 1:14 AM

Is that really a picture of the pilot at R13, or is that a pic of Travolta without his rug?

Because if that's the pilot, they look like twins.

by Anonymousreply 17June 7, 2012 1:26 AM

"The National Enquirer quoted" ...

Really, OP. I loathe Travolta, but any post containing the phrase "The National Enquirer quoted" automatically invalidates anything coming after.

by Anonymousreply 18June 7, 2012 7:00 AM

The Michael K. treatment includes this lovely bit:

[quote]Robert also says that he watched a video of Doug and Robert hanging out topless in a hotel room together:

[quote]"I personally saw about two minutes of Doug's home video showing John Travolta sitting at the end of a bed with his shirt off. There were plates of food in front of him. The video appeared to be shot in a hotel room. Doug made it clear that it was very lucrative for him to be what he called John's 'personal right hand man' and homosexual partner."

Just like how most love stories of our time end, Doug stopped fucking John, because he suddenly became grossed out by John's hairy bear body.

All of these gay sex stories about John Travolta pretty much have the same theme. John is always going after dudes who have no interest in diving deep into his sugar walls. The ones that do it, do it for the cash and not because they want to. Humping on a dude who is rolling his eyes, playing Sudoku on his phone and cutting off his cuticles with a tiny pair of scissors doesn't sound like a good time to me. "That's funny should say that because...." - my last boyfriend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 7, 2012 7:32 AM

[quote]any post containing the phrase "The National Enquirer quoted" automatically invalidates anything coming after.

The National Enquirer was behind the revelations on John Edwards. They have some excellent investigative reporters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 7, 2012 3:06 PM

[r18] That boat don't float no more. The Enquirer has had its moments and much of the Travolta stuff just validates what most of us have known for quite a while.

by Anonymousreply 21June 7, 2012 3:29 PM

I trust The National Enquirer more than Fox "news".

by Anonymousreply 22June 7, 2012 3:33 PM

What R15 said.

by Anonymousreply 23June 7, 2012 3:41 PM

If the Enquirer stories were not true, Travolta would have them in court. For several decades, his lawyers have issued a statement that each story is false and that's where it stops. There is no court action because there would be too many witnesses against J.T. to show he's a predator. It's not just about him being gay, it's his unwanted advances on straight men.

by Anonymousreply 24June 7, 2012 3:45 PM

r18 is naive, yet thinks he/she is savvy.

by Anonymousreply 25June 7, 2012 4:01 PM

"How many more are there in Hollywood covering for sniveling 'mos hiding like cockroaches in a dark closet?"

The media has been covering for him for over 30 years.

Seriously, how many "John and Kelly are a happy couple!" articles have they done over the years?

I wonder if Kelly will continue to remain married to him even though no one is buying their fake marriage anymore. I think the only reason she stays is because his reported worth is $150 million

by Anonymousreply 26June 8, 2012 2:55 AM

"It's not just about him being gay, it's his unwanted advances on straight men."

The pilot doesn't sound straight (he had another boyfriend)

by Anonymousreply 27June 8, 2012 3:01 AM

Leave me alone, I just love some cock once in a while,that does not make me gay

by Anonymousreply 28June 8, 2012 3:04 AM

[quote]Of course I knew he was gay. It never bothered me,” one-time secretary Joan Edwards told the supermarket tab.

How gracious of Joan not to be bothered by it.

by Anonymousreply 29June 8, 2012 3:10 AM

Travolta seems to get off on aggressively pursuing men -straight or gay- that are repulsed by him. I'm sure if he'd wanted to be in a LTR with a man he was mutually attracted to, he could have, and he could've kept up his sham marriage and $cieno parade indefinitely. Instead, he seems to compulsively act out his own self-loathing issues by bribing/bullying/threatening disinterested men into fucking him. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 30June 8, 2012 3:15 AM

Don't. Fuck. With. Me.

by Anonymousreply 31June 8, 2012 3:22 AM

R30, Gérard Depardieu has said that Travolta was "the love of my life."

A friend of mine used to live next door to T. in L.A. and said that he and Depardieu had a long and very visible sexual relationship. (That's when they were both rather hot.)

by Anonymousreply 32June 8, 2012 3:30 AM

poor Johnny, he's just misunderstood.

by Anonymousreply 33June 8, 2012 3:31 AM

In happier days:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 8, 2012 3:44 AM

In happier days II:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 8, 2012 3:45 AM

Gay boys with Deneuve:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 8, 2012 3:47 AM

With Truffaut:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 8, 2012 3:49 AM

In 1982:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 8, 2012 3:50 AM

Arm in arm:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 8, 2012 3:51 AM

So who says Hollywood stars can't have affairs in plain site and not have them reported?

by Anonymousreply 40June 8, 2012 3:52 AM

Travolta sexually harrassed a hetero crew guy on the set of OLD DOGS. The Enquirer should investigate this.

by Anonymousreply 41June 8, 2012 3:56 AM

I never knew.

[quote]“Gérard was very much the kind of man that I responded to. He was affectionate. He was smart. He was artistic. And approachable. Whatever neurosis he may or may not have had was not affecting his relationships. He was spirited and funny and all those great things that I like in a person, but in particular I liked in him as a man. Because it’s tough to be a man in the world, I think. I don’t think men know how to do it. How do they remain all these things and be effective and all that stuff? I just think that innately Gérard has it, and he isn’t afraid of any part of his personality. I really like that.”

by Anonymousreply 42June 8, 2012 3:58 AM

Ok, this is a completely new one to me! Travolta and Depardieu? Has this ever been discussed before here?

by Anonymousreply 43June 8, 2012 4:29 AM

Not that I can remember, R43. I'd always thought Depardieu was straight. Maybe Travolta had a crush and was basking in his reflected glory.

by Anonymousreply 44June 8, 2012 4:43 AM

Musto is goading Travolta to get the Enquirer today. I have a sad image of my head now of him hopping from front lawn to front lawn, scooping up copies of it like Melinda Dillon's character in ABSENCE OF MALICE.

by Anonymousreply 45June 8, 2012 5:03 AM

JT and Depardieu? How the f did I miss that? JT isn't too discerning, is he.

by Anonymousreply 46June 8, 2012 5:24 AM

Lies, lies and more lies. Look at the source, "JOAN" Edwards. It just making someone up and calling her Joan which is close to John as in John Edwards.

As for breaking news the Enquirer is a joke. They say every politician is cheating and every actor is gay.

They are pretty much gonna be right at least half the time saying only that.

by Anonymousreply 47June 8, 2012 6:23 AM

He used to be so hot. Do you think he's smooth or hairy in the ass?

by Anonymousreply 48June 8, 2012 7:08 AM

[quote]Do you think he's smooth or hairy in the ass?

Sloppy.

by Anonymousreply 49June 8, 2012 7:23 AM

nice try r47.

.....okay, not really.

by Anonymousreply 50June 8, 2012 7:38 AM

depardieu is gay, though i had never heard about a thing with travolta until now. i wonder if truffaut was gay too, as everyone else in r37's photo is gay (yes, catherine too- i knew her girlfriend from the mid 90's. yes, she was married several times, yes she has a son, but in the 90's she was munching rugs).

by Anonymousreply 51June 8, 2012 8:08 AM

r32 I never knew that about Depardieu and T.

by Anonymousreply 52June 8, 2012 9:10 AM

Truffaut was gay.

Isn't Depardieu bi?

by Anonymousreply 53June 8, 2012 9:57 AM

Wasn't Depardieu rough trade in his youth? I thought that was pretty common knowledge. The reason I'm somewhat surprised that he would have an affair with Travolta is that they seemed to move in very different circles.

by Anonymousreply 54June 8, 2012 10:13 AM

Yes, R54. I've seen profiles of Depardieu that said such things as that his youth involved a lot of "casual homosexuality." He's presumably bi. He may be gross now, but he used to be quite charismatic.

by Anonymousreply 55June 8, 2012 2:57 PM

Yes, R51. And remember that Deneuve was almost the discoverer of Gérard.

by Anonymousreply 56June 8, 2012 2:58 PM

How is it we're suddenly going out of our way to out John Travolta but ranting, raving, batshit Tom Cruise gets off with being found in bed with a woman?

Does anyone think John has just pissed Tom off and that Tom's bearding contract is coming to an end so he needs a fallback?

John is nowhere near the PR whore Cruise is and I find this series of press revelations odd. Almost like they've had a falling out and someone is going to town planting shit in a pre-emptive strike.

by Anonymousreply 57June 8, 2012 3:05 PM

Here's Michael Musto's note to J.T. to buy the Enquirer.

If the story is false, J.T. can sue the Enquirer. He won't sue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 8, 2012 3:36 PM

Wow, this Depardieu stuff is great, I had no idea. I wish Travolta would leave his wife and run off to Paris to be with Gerard. They look so happy together in those photos.

by Anonymousreply 59June 8, 2012 3:46 PM

OMG! He really is gay!

by Anonymousreply 60June 8, 2012 3:47 PM

So who says Hollywood stars can't have affairs in plain site and not have them reported?

Exactly.

H.Swank / M.Hargitay

by Anonymousreply 61June 8, 2012 3:52 PM

How did Travolta and Gerard meet? Was Gerard in Grease or Urban Cowboy?

by Anonymousreply 62June 8, 2012 3:54 PM

R59, have you actually seen Gerad Depardieu lately?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 8, 2012 3:55 PM

Sorry, false link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 8, 2012 4:00 PM

Yes I have, R63. Just because they're both beached whales now doesn't mean they can't rekindle their past love. I wouldn't want to witness it first hand but if it made them happy, why not?

by Anonymousreply 65June 8, 2012 4:02 PM

Depardieu is a senile mess today. He completely fell apart after his son's death. The son committed suicide I think. Depardieu was out in public urinating on himself and generally acting disoriented and crazy. It's very sad.

I doubt John would want to be around him now. Even tho he & John do share grief about dead sons. With all these rumors and revelations coming out, I still feel some compassion for John & Kelly over the death of Jet. They did take it very hard.

by Anonymousreply 66June 8, 2012 4:04 PM

r57 Nobody believes that raving loon and anything he has to say. People didn't buy his Katie "affair/marriage", why would they buy an alleged article about him fucking a woman?

Nobody cares either except for him.

by Anonymousreply 67June 8, 2012 4:35 PM

Yeah I know r67 but my point was, why is it even being done?

Sounds to me like two old queens at war and a possible split in the $cientology ranks because of the drama.

by Anonymousreply 68June 8, 2012 4:41 PM

Don't people get it? This is Scientology leaked stuff from JT's Audit folders because John was trying to leave. Take a look at Lisa Marie Presley's new album lyrics - Scienos/David Miscavige are planting this shit to punish John and scare any other church celeb who's thinking of defecting.

They're also planting the Tom Cruise crap, so TC can have an out for his marriage, i.e. He's too much of a "man" for Katie - The church of Scientology is the source for ALL of this.

by Anonymousreply 69June 8, 2012 4:44 PM

R61, I walked right past Swank and Hargitay on Central Park West and 69th St on Wednesday. And then a few hours later I walked past Peter Herrmann on 78th/Amsterdam. He has hairy legs. That disappointed me a little but I'd still do him.

by Anonymousreply 70June 8, 2012 5:03 PM

R3, that's ridiculous. The Scientos only use "fair game" against detractors. Travolta's one of their biggest proponents. It's far more likely that he's out of control, and the Scientos have been able to get all this behavior buried for years.

by Anonymousreply 71June 8, 2012 5:13 PM

R69...bullshit. They would use this stuff to discredit him after he left, not while he was still supporting them. This makes Scientology look bad, and they would never engage in that.

by Anonymousreply 72June 8, 2012 5:15 PM

[quote]It's far more likely that he's out of control, and the Scientos have been able to get all this behavior buried for years.

I agree.

by Anonymousreply 73June 8, 2012 5:40 PM

This pretty much proves that Kelly knew about John. How could she say she didn't know when his secretary knew?

Btw, there were blind items about Travolta and Depardieu back in the day. I'll have to go to the blind item site and see if I can dig some up.

by Anonymousreply 74June 8, 2012 5:58 PM

Depardieu was quoted saying he'd spendt his youth raping young girls in France. Whether that's true or not, he and Travolta seem to have a similar attitude toward forced or coerced sex.

by Anonymousreply 75June 8, 2012 6:04 PM

OF COURSE kelly knew. She's always known.

She's in on the lie.

by Anonymousreply 76June 8, 2012 6:11 PM

Travolta and Depardieu is so random!!! I never would have believed it had I not seen the pics of them together. How would they even meet??? Depardieu only started making American movies late in his career (and few of those) and T, has he ever stayed in Europe for long?

So weied.

by Anonymousreply 77June 8, 2012 6:12 PM

Front page. Expect a denial from JT's lawyer. Nothing more.

No lawsuit because the Enquirer would request Yankee Stadium to hold the witnesses telling about their J.T. experience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 8, 2012 8:35 PM

[quote]“John became very heavy between movies. Doug recalled him 'huge’ and said it turned him off.

I worked at a spa JT attended to lose weight for an upcoming role he had. He was big, much bigger than the general public knew at the time.

Now I wish I was still in touch with the massage therapists. No rumors about his visit, and believe me, I would have heard. Those people blabbed about everyone.

Is that Baryshnikov in R34's pic? I wonder what those people were all attending together?

Including this so I can forget about R64's pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79June 8, 2012 8:55 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking, r75. Depardieu has bragged about raping/gangbanging young girls. He and Revolta deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 80June 8, 2012 9:33 PM

Seriously, who's business is it? John has a right to his personal lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 81June 8, 2012 9:41 PM

He has a new movie coming out...the trailer was shown before "Prometheus" today. God...he is SUCH a fat, old pig now. His face is just totally bloated. UGH.

by Anonymousreply 82June 8, 2012 10:17 PM

[quote]Seriously, who's business is it? John has a right to his personal lifestyle.

Of course he does. And straight men that he fondles have a right to sue him and tell the world what a jackass he is.

by Anonymousreply 83June 8, 2012 10:32 PM

r83 Gay men too. Why is it assumed that any and every gay guy would want to fuck him???

by Anonymousreply 84June 8, 2012 10:50 PM

[quote]Seriously, who's business is it? John has a right to his personal lifestyle.

Yes R81, he certainly has a right to be cowardly and dishonest, living a lie in public if he so chooses.

And I have a right to express my distaste for liars. I have a right to speculate on how he and guys like him might have stepped forward at some point and been truthful instead of ashamed of who they are, and how that may have helped some other young gay person who needed a role model, someone to say that they should be proud of who they are.

He's a fucking fraud.

And it's not a "lifestyle". I don't see anyone in a straight relationship calling it a "lifestyle".

Get your straight fat fucking frau ass out of here. Don't try to deny it either - no LGBT person says they are living a "lifestyle".

by Anonymousreply 85June 8, 2012 10:58 PM

Yeah!

What r85 said.

I'm so sick of people in business - and entertainment is a business! - shoving their fraudulent public images at us to sell product - and make no mistake here - they are utter fame whores! - and will go to any lengths to push a palatable, business sanctioned model at us for $$$$$$$ - and then cry foul when they get caught out.

I used to think they were harmless idiots - nowadays I'm inclined to think they are insidious and evil. Just engenders the idea that being glbt is something inherently shameful. And in this day and age - that's unconchionable.

by Anonymousreply 86June 8, 2012 11:35 PM

He's going to hell!

by Anonymousreply 87June 8, 2012 11:53 PM

Who is Peter Herrmann? I Googled him and saw only people that I'd be astonished that you want to "do"!

by Anonymousreply 88June 8, 2012 11:57 PM

[quote] John has a right to his personal lifestyle.

It's in the constitution!!!

by Anonymousreply 89June 9, 2012 12:05 AM

You go, R85.

by Anonymousreply 90June 9, 2012 12:09 AM

[quote]And in this day and age - that's unconchionable.

Not to mention completely shellfish.

by Anonymousreply 91June 9, 2012 12:14 AM

Wit & Wisdom for R91!

by Anonymousreply 92June 9, 2012 2:55 AM

His wife needs to be exposed for pretending that they had a straight marriage when it's been a bearded arrangement from day 1.

by Anonymousreply 93June 9, 2012 11:34 AM

Agreed, r93. Why is the Enquirer giving us this half-truth/half-lie story about John's gay relationships (truth) and Kelly being shocked and walking out (lie)? She absolutely had to know from the beginning. Perhaps she deluded herself that a) he was bisexual and could control himself or b) Scientology would control him, but, still, I'm sure she knew where his true inclinations lay.

by Anonymousreply 94June 10, 2012 2:54 AM

R75, I remember that rape statement from Depardieu. Always hated him after that.

by Anonymousreply 95June 10, 2012 3:00 PM

R91 affirms my faith in the value of $18.

by Anonymousreply 96June 10, 2012 9:24 PM

Do you think John eats ass? Do you think he manscapes? I mean is his prairie, hairy? Or do you think he gives it a little PC crew cut?

I think it'd be hot to see John with his legs up in the air getting his hole pounded.

He'd be like "Bah-bah-bah-bah-bar-barino."

Do you think he's all like "Take me, make me your bitch?"

by Anonymousreply 97June 10, 2012 11:40 PM

r93 - I agree. She is so smug in interviews about what a wonderful family life they have and her whole "Scientology Rocks!" bit. I would love to see her exposed as being a willing beard from day one.

by Anonymousreply 98June 11, 2012 1:30 AM

I'm still laughing at that shellfish line, good lord that was funny to me. Thank you R91.

by Anonymousreply 99June 11, 2012 2:04 AM

[quote]you think he manscapes?

His ex-b/f says no. He also says that he stinks.

by Anonymousreply 100June 12, 2012 4:02 AM

I wish some reporter would make contact with Oprah and get her opinion on this.

by Anonymousreply 101June 12, 2012 7:11 PM

You just have to wonder how many other "couples" create these kinds of charades. What a way to live. I could never do it. Never.

by Anonymousreply 102June 12, 2012 7:18 PM

ABC World News Now just had a story on Travolta and the pilot and mentioned others have come out. This is the first time I have seen this on TV without them doing a PR spin to make him look innocent.

by Anonymousreply 103June 14, 2012 6:24 AM

"I wish some reporter would make contact with Oprah and get her opinion on this."

When all this came out I honestly expected all his celebrity friends (especially the Scientologist ones) to rally around him and defend him in public but that doesn't seem to be happening. Does anyone know of any celebrity who has defended him?

by Anonymousreply 104June 14, 2012 6:35 PM

Remember when he was all hairy and shirtless on Welcome Back Kotter?

by Anonymousreply 105June 14, 2012 7:04 PM

[quote]Does anyone know of any celebrity who has defended him?

There's total silence from his celeb "friends." His lawyer doesn't seem to be making any more denials. The overwhelming evidence of his obnoxious behavior won't be easily forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 106June 14, 2012 11:50 PM

I think Travolta's lawyer and publicists are just hoping it'll die down if they stop paying attention to it. Though it's hard not to think about his allegations. Billboards for the Savages have gone up this week, and I look at it and see him, and of course think of the scandal. They should've probably left him off the poster.

by Anonymousreply 107June 14, 2012 11:58 PM

Well, that's significant enough, I guess that the MSM is picking it up without a the PR element. You have to wonder if ABC is testing the waters in the late morning. Does anyone know if the segment ran during the day or GMA?

by Anonymousreply 108June 15, 2012 12:03 AM

that should read "testing waters in the early morning"

by Anonymousreply 109June 15, 2012 12:08 AM

His PR need to be paying attention. He has film debuting shortly

by Anonymousreply 110June 15, 2012 12:14 AM

Doesn't this fit into what all the surveys say about how people feel - they will accept a person being honest, and real, with them - but NOT lying about who they essentially are ? Thats why Travolta will have such a hard time. He either comes out, and admits he's always been gay, tries the 'bi' BS, which won't fly, since every single massage giver/trick/lover coming forward is male, or goes the completely feeble route, of having a 'sexual addiction' ,which he will now try to 'cure', for the sake of his family, who he 'dearly loves'. He needs to face reality - his loving husband & family routine, won't wash anymore. Jigs up Johnny !

by Anonymousreply 111June 15, 2012 12:37 AM

I wonder if he'll dredge up the corpse of Diana Hyland.

by Anonymousreply 112June 15, 2012 12:44 AM

I bet Marilu Henner knows about a lot of his male on male rendezvous, including the timing of each orgasm to the second and on which day of the week it was.

by Anonymousreply 113June 15, 2012 12:48 AM

r103 here again - the non PR story was on about 3:30 am Eastern time, so not many people probably saw it besides this night owl.

by Anonymousreply 114June 16, 2012 2:04 AM

I noticed the stories all tend to comment on the fact that Kelly might be upset. She needs to be outed as much as him for being a well compensated beard who knew what was up from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 115June 16, 2012 2:07 AM

You 'mos need some help. JT is not only John Travolta is is also Just Terrific, which is what he is, for not kicking the ass of all you 'mos.

John Travolta is a star and it really hacks you off that you can't have someone like that on your team.

You 'mos get the Paul Lynde, Jim J Bullock and NPH.

Washed up stars like Rock Hudson, don't cut it with the real world. The likes of Henry Fonda, Marlon Brando and Tom Hanks.

So you want to tear down any top list start to claim him as your own.

PATHETIC.

by Anonymousreply 116June 16, 2012 7:04 AM

I got news for you, R116. Paul Newman also dabbled extensively in the homosex when he was young and also when he'd be away on location.

by Anonymousreply 117June 16, 2012 10:06 AM

You're wrong, of course you can just create fake accounts and post here.

Kind of like Obama is adding 800,000 illegals to the voting roles so he can win. Oh yeah he also stops states like Florida from throwing off illegally registered voters.

What a schumuk

by Anonymousreply 118June 16, 2012 11:51 AM

John Travolta was rumored to be on the same flight as Gaëtan Dugas

by Anonymousreply 119June 16, 2012 2:46 PM

R118, did you get lost on this site on your way to Free Republic?

PS: Marlon Brando had a decades-long gay relationship with his "roommate," Wally Cox. Tom Cruise and Hugh Jackman are also gay, along with a large number of men in the arts. I'd also look into the preferences of your favorite politicians, such as Missy Karl Rove-Gannon. Kisses!

by Anonymousreply 120June 16, 2012 3:32 PM

I'm surprised no one has checked out what John was up to in the 1980's when he lived in Daytona Beach. It was when his career was in a big slump. He lived with a man and didn't hide the fact that they were involved at all. They went out to restaurants and other places and would hold hands. That was pretty rare for anyone to do back then, much less a famous actor

by Anonymousreply 121June 16, 2012 3:54 PM

How is it that r116 missed the famous photo of Brando smooching a large, black cock? He was openly bisexual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122June 16, 2012 5:01 PM

R116 also seems not to know about the early New York days of Henry Fonda, when he lived with Jimmy Stewart and they were regarded as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 123June 16, 2012 6:07 PM

r122 is that pic for real?

by Anonymousreply 124June 16, 2012 7:14 PM

yep

by Anonymousreply 125June 16, 2012 7:50 PM

r125 what's the "context", lol? How is it he would let someone take a pic of that?

by Anonymousreply 126June 16, 2012 8:43 PM

Hollywood’s Rogue Bisexual

He was a tough guy with a stunningly beautiful face. He got kicked out of high school for riding a motorcycle through the hallways. He once came to the rescue of a skinny kid being taunted and beaten by schoolyard thugs, helped him up, threw his arm around him and said, “I’m your new best friend.”

Thus began a bizarre, intimate relationship with fellow actor Wally Cox that would last a lifetime. After Cox died in 1973, Brando kept the ashes for safekeeping, because he wanted his own ashes to be commingled with Wally’s when the time came. Sure enough, in 2004, Brando’s family honored his request. The Associated Press reported, “The ashes of Brando’s late friend Wally Cox, who died in 1973, were also poured onto the desert landscape of Death Valley as part of the ceremony of scattering Brando’s ashes.” Brando not only kept his friend’s ashes for more than 30 years, but, when lonely, would sometimes dine with the urn, holding conversations in which he would perfectly imitate Cox’s distinctive voice.

Unlike many bisexuals (like Cary Grant), who denied their homosexual activity all their lives, Marlon Brando brazenly admitted it. In a 1976 interview, Brando said, “Homosexuality is now so much in fashion it no longer makes news. Like a large number of men, I, too, have had homosexual experiences, and I am not ashamed. I have never paid much attention to what people think about me.”

The photo was real.

by Anonymousreply 127June 16, 2012 10:45 PM

r122 what I asked about that pic was the context.

Thanks for that quote about Brando. He was a man with all kinds of problems but I don't think sexuality was one of them.

by Anonymousreply 128June 16, 2012 11:43 PM

R128, That WAS Wally's "Cox" in Brando's mouth in R122's photo, not someone else's.

As to where, when and how the photo was taken I have no idea (wasn't there) but it's not a fake.

by Anonymousreply 129June 17, 2012 12:18 AM

Back in 1981, I was into answering Village Voice personals. One of the ads I responded to turned out to be from an executive at Paramount. I went over to his apartment, and we blew each other. Afterward, we got to talking about various celebrities. He told me that the real reason why JT left Hollywood for Santa Barbara was because his manager was afraid that people would find out that JT was "fooling around" with hustlers in West Hollywood.

I was very discreet at the time, so I never repeated the information. Plus, I liked JT's work in "Welcome Back, Kotter" and "Saturday Night Fever."

"Fun Trivia": Kelly Preston is really Kelly Palzis. She used to play Gillian McCandless on the 80s CBS soap opera "Capitol."

by Anonymousreply 130June 17, 2012 2:57 AM

John Travolta is the Gaetan Dugas of the 21st century

by Anonymousreply 131June 17, 2012 6:38 AM

Interesting, r130!

by Anonymousreply 132June 17, 2012 12:13 PM

Seriously, based on what I've heard about his behavior I'm shocked that his name isn't on the AIDS quilt by now...

by Anonymousreply 133June 17, 2012 7:37 PM

The Enquirer gave him the week off.

by Anonymousreply 134June 17, 2012 8:13 PM

I've read he's not backing down from any press engagements for the new Oliver Stone film he's in. I suppose we have to give him some credit for that, because at least one of them is bound to go "off script" and make for more unpleasant headlines.

by Anonymousreply 135June 17, 2012 8:26 PM

[quote]I suppose we have to give him some credit for that,

Give him "credit" for being such a dim bulb that he figures people buy into his bearded marriage?

R135, Do you also give Romney credit for being an honest politician?

by Anonymousreply 136June 17, 2012 8:39 PM

R136 has gone off his meds again, I see.

No, I give him some credit for facing the press head-on in the middle of a scandal. It's not about whether people believe his marriage or not - the scandal is out there and it's what people are talking about with him right now. is people are well aware that at the very least, it'll be brought up; other actors might have canceled or lessened their press engagements at such a time.

by Anonymousreply 137June 17, 2012 8:46 PM

*His people

by Anonymousreply 138June 17, 2012 8:51 PM

So as predicted, JT is going to go on with the elephant in the living room strategy. All the PR people, on the junket, will be instructed not to ask any questions about the 'scandal' - but will be encouraged/allowed to ask questions about Kelly, his children, etc., and we'll all pretend that we don't acknowledge that John's a big mo, who's been doing this reckless behavior in gyms, and bathouses, for over 30 years. Who knows - people are so naive, it may work - BUT, I think most of the public will think of him as a big hypocrite, especially if they know that Scie -holes condem homosexualty. The whole media /PR biz is an insult to any intelligent person.

by Anonymousreply 139June 19, 2012 3:49 AM

JT is dumber than a box of hair. He's not "brave" in going on this junket. He's too stupid to know that people don't buy his baloney.

by Anonymousreply 140June 19, 2012 4:40 AM

[quote]All the PR people, on the junket, will be instructed not to ask any questions about the 'scandal'

It doesn't really work like that. A friend of mine works for Rogers & Cowan, and she says their policy is to NEVER tell the press "Don't bring up _______." Especially in a press roundtable or junket - that's the first thing they'll bring up, without fail, every won't interviewtime.

They can cut the interview short, they can say vague things like "my client won't discuss his personal life," they can interject on behalf of the client and say they won't discuss that if they get asked about something uncomfortable, they can try to redirect the interview, etc., but except in the cases of talk shows like Letterman, Kimmel and Fallon, none of whom are particularly interested in making waves, publicists rarely tell interviewers not to discuss a particular subject.

by Anonymousreply 141June 19, 2012 5:24 AM

[quote]without fail, every won't interviewtime.

Um, don't know how that cut and paste fail happened, but it needed to just say "every time."

by Anonymousreply 142June 19, 2012 5:28 AM

How can the media not ask him about the scandal?

by Anonymousreply 143June 22, 2012 1:22 PM

Poor John Travolta must be having a lot of sleepless nights. His is blasted almost weekly by a National Enquirer cover story. I feel sorry for his family. Why do these gay guys marry, have kids, and then think they can screw around with other guys without consequences? This has prompted me to check out one of his old movies released in December 1978. "Moment By Moment" has long been on the worst movies lists. Have any of you viewed? It's about a younger straight man involved with an older straight woman. Imagine gay Travolta romancing lesbian Lily Tomlin on camera under direction of Tomlin's lover Jane Wagner! No wonder it bombed. That's why they call it Hollyweird.

by Anonymousreply 144June 22, 2012 6:45 PM

Must be awful for him right now.

by Anonymousreply 145June 22, 2012 7:30 PM

:(

by Anonymousreply 146June 22, 2012 10:06 PM

sad frau at r.147 still mooning over her autographed pic of Travolta as Danny Zuko while she scarfs another moonpie.

by Anonymousreply 148June 25, 2012 2:22 PM

A former Royal Caribbean cruise room attendant accuses John Travolta in a federal lawsuit of stripping off a robe and pushing against him, then offering him $12,000 to keep quiet.

Fabian Zanzi alleges the actor said, "Take me, I will take care of you, please," during a food delivery to his cabin in June 2009, according to the U.S. District Court lawsuit filed June 21 in Los Angeles.

Like the Energizer bunny, the J.T. stories keep coming and coming and coming.

by Anonymousreply 149June 26, 2012 12:22 AM

Until real news organizations cover this, none of it means anything...most Americans don't really believe tabloids.

by Anonymousreply 150June 26, 2012 12:56 AM

I don't feel sorry for him at all. If I tried to push myself on a guy who wasn't interesed...he'd punch me in the face so what is John's problem? I think he's just a crazy spoiled celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 151June 26, 2012 12:58 AM

[quote]Until real news organizations cover this, none of it means anything...most Americans don't really believe tabloids.

Exactly. When the National Enquirer broke the John Edwards story, ALL Americans knew the whole Rielle Hunter deal was total fiction. We're smart about things like that, just like r150.

by Anonymousreply 152June 26, 2012 1:26 AM

This was on the Yahoo front page. I was hoping they would hint more about the marriage being a sham.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153July 1, 2012 9:55 PM

John must have sent flowers to Tom.

by Anonymousreply 154July 4, 2012 3:54 PM

Who among the following is the biggest phoney - Travolta? Cruise? Will Smith? Kelly Preston? Oprah?

Can you pick just one above the rest?

by Anonymousreply 155July 4, 2012 4:28 PM

I would say Kelly because a 50 year old woman having a baby? That's just desperate.

by Anonymousreply 156July 4, 2012 4:35 PM

Saw Travolta, along with cast of "Savages" on Charlie Rose last night. As predicted, he's going to just go along, as if nothing happened. In reality, what is the guy going to say ? But it's just so pathetic that all these accusations will just float out there, unaddressed, and all the guys he harassed, or tried to, have no justice, just cause JT is a big star. Maybe when the pilot's book comes out, it'll all be revived. He's claiming a 3 year relationship, so I'm sure they;ll be letters, photos, gifts , as proof. Then see what Mr. Teflon will say.

by Anonymousreply 157July 4, 2012 9:42 PM

I was going to see Savages but not with him in it, I'm sick to death of him.

by Anonymousreply 158July 4, 2012 9:54 PM

So has anyone proven Travolta is gay yet?

by Anonymousreply 159July 5, 2012 6:43 AM

Bitch I'm still alive

by Anonymousreply 160July 25, 2012 8:34 AM

Are the Travoltas still hiding in Europe?

by Anonymousreply 161July 27, 2012 10:40 AM

I'd rather wish Travolta is asexual. He always was old and ugly. BAD gay role model.

by Anonymousreply 162July 27, 2012 10:51 AM

[quote]He always was old and ugly.

Not always

[quote]BAD gay role model.

Yeah well if he is gay then that is so. But so is Sally Ride, but you all seem to be falling over that closet case.

by Anonymousreply 163July 27, 2012 11:11 AM

Silly queens, John is NOT gay. Stop trying to make it happen.

by Anonymousreply 164July 27, 2012 11:40 AM

[quote]you [bold]all[/bold] seem to be falling over that closet case.

All????? Not true. You're a liar, r163.

by Anonymousreply 165July 27, 2012 12:19 PM

He didn't say YOU - ALL

He was using the southern "Y'all" form of the word

Try to learn some grammar and he's right.

John is not hot but he was smoking at one time.

I talking third degree burns

by Anonymousreply 166July 27, 2012 4:16 PM

[quote]Try to learn some grammar and he's right.

Followed by: "I talking third degree burns"

by Anonymousreply 167July 27, 2012 4:22 PM

He was always a sad-faced horsehead.

by Anonymousreply 168July 27, 2012 4:23 PM

Now Kirstie Alley is claiming that John was the "love of her life"

Heffa, please. How much did the Scientologists pay her to say that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169November 3, 2012 1:29 AM

And the beat goes on...

by Anonymousreply 170November 3, 2012 1:43 AM

John Travolta is a wonderful person and great humanitarian.

by Anonymousreply 171November 11, 2012 4:20 AM

Ever think that Britz was getting down with Travolta?

by Anonymousreply 172January 15, 2013 12:19 PM

A John Travolta siting by a Reddit User.

Two days agao he writes: My friend ran into John Travolta the night before his wedding, and he shows up the next day.

What's with the not changing clothes and the thumbs up?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173June 3, 2013 9:43 PM

So? We already know Travolta is gay. The only person who won't admit it is Travolta himself. Until then, all these scoops are monotonous and tiring.

by Anonymousreply 174June 3, 2013 9:57 PM

[quote]I would say Kelly because a 50 year old woman having a baby? That's just desperate.

It was a very good plan. Just buy a baby bump to wear while another woman has the baby. Now, she has a nanny to care for the kid. It's all so easy for J.T.'s beard.

by Anonymousreply 175June 3, 2013 10:50 PM

48 photos of Travolta and Depardieu together -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176June 29, 2013 1:45 AM

Travolta being his hot self in Rio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177July 10, 2013 11:11 PM

I don't think she was wearing a bump prosthetic, R175. The woman was absolutely HUGE.

by Anonymousreply 178July 11, 2013 2:14 AM

He's getting some Brazilian cock.

by Anonymousreply 179July 11, 2013 2:36 PM

Travolta needs to give Leah Remini a call.

by Anonymousreply 180July 12, 2013 10:07 PM

Wasn't there a photo of her when the baby bump has slipped while getting out of a car?

by Anonymousreply 181July 13, 2013 2:33 PM

Doug Gotterba should write a book.

by Anonymousreply 182July 14, 2013 6:04 PM

Travolta turns 60 today.

He'll die in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 183February 18, 2014 1:08 PM

He was straight and in love with Diane Hyland till Olivia Newton-John and Lilly Tomilson made him gay in those two awful 80s movies they made him do.

by Anonymousreply 184February 18, 2014 1:46 PM

It never dawned on you AIDS boys that he didn't come out as he's not an AIDS infested homo.

by Anonymousreply 185February 18, 2014 1:57 PM

[quote]Wasn't there a photo of her when the baby bump has slipped while getting out of a car?

Yes, but it was no real surprise. Their whole life is fiction.

by Anonymousreply 186February 18, 2014 2:08 PM

How is he going to celebrate his 60th b'day?

by Anonymousreply 187February 18, 2014 3:34 PM

A picture of Doug Gotterba...the alleged pilot "lover".

Hey Doug! You say I'VE put on a few?

Well, if that ain't the big FAT pot callin' the kettle black!

by Anonymousreply 188February 18, 2014 3:41 PM

Oops...here's the pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189February 18, 2014 3:44 PM

Now that John and Oprah are both 60, they should get married and have some kids.

by Anonymousreply 190February 18, 2014 10:31 PM

How does the sleaze-bucket keep getting picked to be in films? He's been sued by male victims of his advances and is banned from numerous health spas and gyms.

by Anonymousreply 191February 20, 2014 10:50 PM

r191 Because he's married and still in the closet. people don't believe the rumors.

by Anonymousreply 192February 20, 2014 10:56 PM

john was hot when he was young.

and his dead son looked exactly like him.

poor kid was autistic and had seizured.

by Anonymousreply 193February 20, 2014 11:16 PM

He'll never come out. All he wants is plausible deniability. And the baby was a sop to the vast unwashed who think, "They just had a child. He CAN'T be gay."

by Anonymousreply 194February 20, 2014 11:20 PM

How could the fans not see front page stories about gym and cruise ship conduct?

by Anonymousreply 195February 21, 2014 12:21 AM

It seems like the rumors really ruined Kevin Spacey, it's strange John Travolta still gets leading roles all the time.

by Anonymousreply 196February 21, 2014 12:31 AM

From all the rumors I've read, all he likes to do is get his ass fingered.

Borrrring.

by Anonymousreply 197February 23, 2014 4:19 PM

He's sixty years old and lives in an age of digital cameras and micro recording devices and yet NO ONE, NO ONE, has been able to come forth with any evidence that he's gay.

Why is that? Maybe because it doesn't exist

by Anonymousreply 198February 23, 2014 4:28 PM

Right, [R20] because they pay well for information.

When you read about so and so's final days, and you've only read it in the Enquirer, it's because some hospital worker called it in and got money for it.

My friend used to say, "Any time you read something about Zsa Zsa Gabor in the Enquirer, her daughter Francesca just made $1000."

by Anonymousreply 199February 23, 2014 4:35 PM

I had three friends in Grease, so I've known he was gay since 1977.

by Anonymousreply 200February 23, 2014 4:36 PM

[quote]He's sixty years old and lives in an age of digital cameras and micro recording devices and yet NO ONE, NO ONE, has been able to come forth with any evidence that he's gay. Why is that? Maybe because it doesn't exist

In all these years NO ONE, NO ONE has provided pictures or a video that show him screwing a female or providing any REAL evidence that he could be straight. Why is that? Maybe because it doesn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 201February 23, 2014 4:42 PM

He was so gorgeous in "Grease." I wish I could have got a piece of that.

by Anonymousreply 202February 23, 2014 4:44 PM

R198 Baressi was his BF for a year. He wrote all about it. There is SO MUCH evidence on this guy.

by Anonymousreply 203February 23, 2014 4:49 PM

r198 We never had concrete evidence that Ellen page was gay either but she was...

by Anonymousreply 204February 23, 2014 5:04 PM

[quote]It seems like the rumors really ruined Kevin Spacey, it's strange John Travolta still gets leading roles all the time.

You must either trying to be sarcastic or in another world, R196.

by Anonymousreply 205February 23, 2014 5:10 PM

"I had three friends in Grease, so I've known he was gay since 1977."

Details, please!

by Anonymousreply 206February 23, 2014 5:20 PM

The only thing worthwhile in this thread are the pics of John and Gerard. They sure looked good back then. I hope they had a great time. .. The rest of you and your opinions can fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 207February 23, 2014 5:53 PM

I first read about the rumors in 1983, in the Rolling Stone issue where he was on the cover.

by Anonymousreply 208February 23, 2014 5:55 PM

I know it's not solid proof, but in 1985 I stayed in a 5 star hotel in Ireland for a week. I was young and hung out with the guys who worked there a couple of times. They said Travolta had just spent a week there with his male lover and that they barely left their suite during the entire visit.

I didn't get the sense that they had good reason to make the story up. Lots of famous people have stayed there, so it wasn't much of a big deal to have him as a guest.

by Anonymousreply 209February 23, 2014 8:16 PM

John and Jeff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210February 24, 2014 12:28 AM

Give it up !! Travolta was over years ago, stop bumping this thread, no one cares about your obsession with John.

by Anonymousreply 211February 24, 2014 12:43 AM

Blogged June 2012:

The John Travolta gay allegations are exploding again after dying down over the past couple of weeks, and the new information is being confirmed by inside sources close to the actor.

In the latest edition of National Enquirer, set to hit newsstands on Friday, Joan Edwards, Travolta’s former secretary, confirms the actor had a six year secret relationship in the 1980s with Doug Gotterba, his pilot at the time.

“I did everything for him, including taking care of his personal an professional schedules,” says Edwards. “Of course I knew he was gay. It never bothered me. That’s how I met Doug (Gotterba). We both worked for John at the same time. Doug is a wonderful guy and we are still good friends. He told me that John was gay and they had a sexual relationship.”

Robert Britz, Gotterba’s boyfriend after his affair with Travolta, tells The Enquirer, “Doug told me right at the beginning of our relationship that he’d had a homosexual relationship with John Travolta in the 1980s. Doug Said John was constantly grabbing at his genital area, but he put up with John’s sexual advances because working for him was ‘lucrative.”

by Anonymousreply 212February 24, 2014 3:55 AM

Britz also claims Gotterba became turned off by Travolta’s “hairy body” and his weight gain between films.

“After a few years, Doug grew apart from John sexually, and John’s advances eventually started to repulse him,” Britz said. “The relationship ended shortly thereafter.”

Gotterba now owns a private jet company in Santa Barbara, CA.

Travolta has been embroiled in legal battles with masseurs claiming sexual harassment.

by Anonymousreply 213February 24, 2014 3:56 AM

Isn't it weird that he won an Oscar before Tom Cruise? They are the same "type" of actor. McConaughey is not a better actor but maybe more brave. I don't see Cruise losing weight to play a man with AIDS. Still, it just seems odd. Maybe there is an anti-Scientology bias at work.

by Anonymousreply 214March 5, 2014 1:44 AM

The saga continues. Alleged former gay lover can tell his story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215July 24, 2014 1:18 PM

I wonder how much of his reluctance to come out is related to Scientology? Are they blackmailing him? What is on those auditing tapes?

He has not been that diligent compared to other supposed closeted actors about keeping his gay love life secret...Really there have been no gossip-y stories about Clooney and Cruise that are as numerous and detailed as Travolta. If it weren't for the church and his sham marriage, why keep the facade up?

by Anonymousreply 216July 24, 2014 1:40 PM

r216, he has a young child - that is probably a part of it.

by Anonymousreply 217July 24, 2014 3:55 PM

I hear Olivia Newton-John tried to rape him and he said "I can do better."

by Anonymousreply 218January 2, 2017 8:24 AM

r97

That's too involved

by Anonymousreply 219February 14, 2018 4:16 PM

What About Paul Barresi?

by Anonymousreply 220February 14, 2018 4:23 PM

Jesus, this thread is six years old. Let it die already.

by Anonymousreply 221February 14, 2018 5:09 PM

There is a BI recently reported by CDaN which basically tells that Scientology blackmails them over the years. There is a proof that JT molested a child in the movie set.

by Anonymousreply 222February 26, 2018 12:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!