Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Joan Or Bette: Who Was The Biggest Bitch?

Bette Davis..hands down.

by Anonymousreply 1503/13/2014

Definitely Bette!

Joan's enormous neediness made her seek out new friends constantly and insured her generosity towards her colleagues, even to younger female stars in her films like Ann Blyth, Diane Baker and Betsy Palmer. Apparently, her film crews all loved her and she knew each one on them by name (especially the men!).

Bette was naturally a loner and suspicious of everyone. A mean drunk! Just ask Celeste Holm.

Nevertheless, I would rather watch Bette interviewed over Joan. Bette was smarter and funnier and far more honest than Joan.

by Anonymousreply 106/05/2012

"Why am I so good at playing bitches? Because I'm not a bitch. That's why Joan Crawford always plays ladies." -- Bette Davis

by Anonymousreply 206/05/2012

If Joan didn't like you, she'd be fake-nice to your face, but talk trash about you once you left the room. Then she'd pick up the phone and get her minions to make your life a living hell.

If Bette didn't like you, she'd tell you. And, she'd make your life a living hell herself.

by Anonymousreply 306/06/2012

Definitely Bette. She was born a bitch and liked it that way. Joan became a bitch as she fought for career survival and was overcome by her neuroses. There are stories of Joan's kindness to people but I've never come across any of Bette. Frank Langella tells a story of seeing Bette in her last years telling her secretary to "Get the car". He says that the way she said it he would not have been surprised if she'd added "...or I'll KILL you!"

by Anonymousreply 406/06/2012

By many accounts, Celeste can be a nasty piece of work herself.

by Anonymousreply 506/06/2012

Now, now,'re both big bitches.

by Anonymousreply 606/06/2012

[quote]Just ask Celeste Holm.

Why would anyone ask that legendary bitch about ANY of her costars? You don't seem to be up on your Celeste lore, dear.

by Anonymousreply 706/06/2012

[quote]Joan Or Bette: Who Was The Biggest Bitch?

BIGGER, not biggest, you dumb twat.

by Anonymousreply 806/06/2012

R8 Thank you! Today's lesson is on comparatives and superlatives.

by Anonymousreply 1011/10/2012

If Joan hadn't adopted those kids she never would have been perceived to be a monster. She had impeccable manners and was a consummate professional.

I think Christina was a spoiled brat and Christopher had emotional problems (the other two don't recollect bad things about their mother). This all happened when Joan's star was fading and the stress was too much for her- she often snapped.

by Anonymousreply 1111/10/2012

R8: Dumb twat? Really? Would you say that to the OP's face? It sounds as if you are the biggest bitch of them all.

by Anonymousreply 1203/13/2014

Christina is actually a homophobe too.

by Anonymousreply 1303/13/2014

IMO, CRAWFORD was the bigger. She had a real mean streak in her.

by Anonymousreply 1403/13/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!