Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Won on Judge Judy!

My ex took me to court. We ended up on the Judge Judy show. She raked him over the coals for several minutes, then turned to me and said "is there anything you want to add?" I said "no maam." And she said "Good. Case dismissed. Goodbye."

by Anonymousreply 308July 23, 2020 3:32 PM

Was this female-female partners?

How did they interview you about the case?

Did you like being on the show?

and...Good for you!

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2012 6:51 PM

Congrat, Crayola! I bet your ex Queneeshaia was pissed!

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2012 6:54 PM

No. Male-Male. I'm 37 and he's 39. We lived together in Brooklyn from '07 - '10, when we broke up.

I was stunned that he sued me, and offhand I knew he didn't have a prayer, although I guess he managed to convince himself otherwise. He sued me in NYC small claims court for $5,000. I don't know how the show found out about our case-- whether he contacted the show or whether they go through records of cases and decide which ones might be interesting.

I initially turned the show down, but then my ex called and said he really thought it would be a good idea. I warned him that the show is for entertainment, not justice, but he pleaded. I thought long and hard about it for about a day and finally agreed to do it. I was VERY worried I was making a mistake.

I guess part of the appeal is that going that route speeds things up tremendously. We went to the show just two weeks later.

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2012 6:59 PM

Did you get an appearance fee?

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2012 7:02 PM

Yes, I did. The deal was we each got $850, a $40 per diem, and airfare to LA and local transportation. In addition, any monetary judgment would have been paid by the show.

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2012 7:05 PM

Why did he sue you? My ex says I owe him $10k.

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2012 7:09 PM

In addition, any monetary judgment would have been paid by the show.

So it's a win-win for everyone then? Other than having your shit out in public, don't see a down side to this.

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2012 7:15 PM

He sued me because he said I had a bunch of his property and that he'd made a loan to me of $1,500 which I hadn't paid back. He told Judge Judy that the reality was that I owed him closer to $10,000, but he was limited by the court maximum.

He's right that I did have some of his property, but he didn't take it when he left and had never asked me for it. His claim included $3000 for his desktop computer which he bought in 2005! That I had gotten rid of fairly soon after he left.

The $1,500 claim really through me for a loop because I truly had no idea what he was talking about, and during our time together the flow of money was rather unidirectional from me to him. Turns out he was referring to a vacation we took years ago that I mostly paid for, but he did in fact pay the airfare (which totaled maybe $400, nowhere near $1,500).

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2012 7:18 PM

Win-win for everyone? Depends on how you look at it.

Monetarily, yes. In addition to the appearance fee, the benefit to the defendant is that he or she doesn't have to pay if they lose. The benefit to the plaintiff is that they will actually get to collect any favorable judgment, and collect quickly.

But I seriously doubt my ex doesn't already regret this. She made him look terrible and he was laughed at by the court audience several times. I think it's going to be bad for him when it airs.

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2012 7:22 PM

Your case should make for Exceptionally Scripted Television, OP.

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2012 7:26 PM

OP, let us know the date this will be shown. Would love to see it.

Shaddup, R10.

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2012 7:49 PM

Will do r11! They said it takes about three months, so I guess in July or so.

by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2012 7:52 PM

OP, I thought the deal was that the award was subtracted from the $5000 and given to the winner. The remainder of the $5000 was split evenly between the plaintiff and the defendant. That's what's I believe other shows (The People's Court) do. In that case, it might be possible for someone to walk away with $0, if the winner was awarded the full $5000. Anyone else think that was the deal?

In your case, you were guaranteed $850, so a win-win, but not a lot of bucks.

BTW, after watching Judge Judy for years, I would NEVER advise anyone to go on that show. Her mind is made up before you walk into the courtroom/set and winner or loser, she'll humiliate you like a bully. TV is forever.

by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2012 8:04 PM

Judge Judy pulls down $35 million a year belittling people in public who make minimum wage. I find that grotesque. She is completely unprofessional, calling people idiots. It's too sadistic.

by Anonymousreply 14May 4, 2012 8:09 PM

That's the type of culture we live in, R14. Remember that Simon Cowell made millions doing pretty much the same thing on American Idol.

by Anonymousreply 15May 4, 2012 8:17 PM

I agree that Judge Judy is nasty and insulting, but most of the people on her show DESERVE IT!

Without exception, they are always idiots and jerks, taking advantage of loved ones or kindhearted landlords.

Last week, I saw a few minutes of one case where a trashy bitch said she didn't need to repay the money her mother spent on her (the defendant's) bail, because the mother "only bailed (her) out because she did it for (her) brother, too!" WTF!

And before that, was a young trashy couple who lived in a NY apartment for a few months, when the guy lost his job and so they decided to move. On July 2nd. Without notifying the landlord, of course, so the poor guy was stuck with no tenants and no income for July! Plus, the bitch wanted her stuff back, which the landlord offered even though he didn't have to, and omg it just went on and on from there.

Trashy assholes!

by Anonymousreply 16May 4, 2012 8:24 PM

Judge Judy is no worse than many of the judges I've seen in courtrooms, both Federal & State. Temperament aside, she seems to be prepared & knowledgeable about the law, which is more than I can say for some of the judges I've dealt with. And her temper, sarcasm, etc are nothing unusual, believe me -- it's actually somewhat rare to find a judge who's always calm, polite, & respectful. And I agree with the poster who said that Judge Judy's targets tend to deserve harsh treatment because of their own deplorable attitudes & behavior.

OP, I'd love to see the show -- please do report when it's going to be aired. And congratulations!

by Anonymousreply 17May 4, 2012 8:39 PM

Call me when she gets rid of that coarse Brooklyn accent.

by Anonymousreply 18May 4, 2012 8:48 PM

r13-- nope, at least in our case-- and i am assuming my ex got the same deal, it was flat fee of $850 and the stipend. It wasn't some total bucket that was going to split after and adjustment for the award.

I honestly have no idea why my partner wanted to go this route. If we had gone to small claims in Brooklyn and I had lost, I would have paid him, and I can't imagine why he thinks I wouldn't have. Other than that, he might be in such bad shape that the small stipend and the trip to LA was in and of itself an enticement.

Coming out of it, I have no problem with how it went down. I know for sure that I will not look bad at all. I will barely be on television because I said almost nothing.

She was VERY harsh on him. I almost felt bad for him. He was a wreck afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 19May 4, 2012 8:53 PM

Do they pay for your hotel?

by Anonymousreply 20May 4, 2012 8:57 PM

Yes, they paid for two nights' hotel stay.

by Anonymousreply 21May 4, 2012 8:59 PM

Op...I watch Judge Judy religiously, can you tell us when your episode will be on? Thank you, and congrats!!

by Anonymousreply 22May 4, 2012 9:05 PM

sure thing! will do, r22. and thanks!

by Anonymousreply 23May 4, 2012 9:08 PM

r13, said "Her mind is made up before you walk into the courtroom/set." Do you think Judy had no knowledge of the case until they walk in? She reads the claim of each side before she steps onto the bench which gives her a good of idea who's right and wrong. Their ignorance and antics add to her decision-making.

by Anonymousreply 24May 4, 2012 9:15 PM

see this is a great post b/c the Op doesn't disappear and gives answers to questions asked. In most cases the OP posts maybe will answer 1 or 2 things and disappears.

by Anonymousreply 25May 4, 2012 9:19 PM

How does Judge Judy look in person, OP?

by Anonymousreply 26May 4, 2012 9:21 PM

Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining!!

Don't swing your shitbra unless you intend to hit me!

by Anonymousreply 27May 4, 2012 9:22 PM

I thought she looked great! But then again, things were going my way from the get-go, so maybe that colored my perception.

by Anonymousreply 28May 4, 2012 9:25 PM

I was worried going in about personal business being aired in public, but the funny thing was-- every time my ex tried to divert the conversation to our old relationship issues, or how horrible he thinks i treated him-- Judge Judy shut him down loudly and angrily.

by Anonymousreply 29May 4, 2012 9:29 PM

[quote]The deal was we each got $850, a $40 per diem, and airfare to LA and local transportation.

Wait, the show tapes in LA?

Then how do NY laws apply?

by Anonymousreply 30May 4, 2012 9:34 PM

Judge Judy hates when plaintiffs try to move over from fact to feeling as the basis for their case. If it ain't fact or evidence based, then it doesn't belong in court. She clobbers every last plaintiff that does this, and your ex should have had a clue before going on the show. No surprise she clobbered him too.

Maybe your ex thought you'd freak and roll over and offer to pay him outright, instead of going on Judge Judy. Good for you, and glad you didn't end up humiliated on TV. Sounds like that'll be his legacy but it won't be yours.

by Anonymousreply 31May 4, 2012 9:39 PM

[quote]Wait, the show tapes in LA? Then how do NY laws apply?

Psssst, it's an entertainment show, not a real court room. They apply whatever law the "guest stars" hail from.

by Anonymousreply 32May 4, 2012 9:42 PM

B/C r30 Judy's show is not a real court it is more how an arbitration would be. Her "court" does not have to follow the different state laws.

by Anonymousreply 33May 4, 2012 9:44 PM

I'm not 100% sure on this, but based on my read of the contract, Judge Judy is not under any obligation to apply any particular state's laws. By going on the show you are agreeing to dismiss your case in civil court completely, and be subject to Judge Judy's ruling as part of binding arbitration. There was certainly no reference to "New York law" at all.

by Anonymousreply 34May 4, 2012 9:45 PM

There is an advantage for small claims plaintiffs to agree to these shows--they will get some money if they win. Getting a civil judgment (large or small) does not guarantee that you will be paid. There is an old adage that a judgment is only worth the paper it is printed on if you cannot collect against it. If a defendant has no money there is nothing to recover and if a defendant does not pay the judgment voluntarily it is going to cost to collect it.

I had a former client who filed a small claims action against a neighbor who and was contacted by one of these judge shows. They hire people to scan the small claims filings and find "interesting" ones, probably ones with the potential for personal drama.

by Anonymousreply 35May 4, 2012 9:47 PM

Did you two have to share a hotel room? Did you have a post-verdict fuck?

by Anonymousreply 36May 4, 2012 9:52 PM

OP, how long did your court case last? They're edited down to about ten minutes apiece, which leaves time (with the intros and credits and all) for two cases in a half hour. I'm just curious how MUCH is edited out, how much longer the whole proceeding takes.

by Anonymousreply 37May 4, 2012 9:57 PM

Was there a cell phone bill involved? There usually is with the trash that go on this show. I love watching those daytime judge shows because you get to see the bottom rung of society haggle over things like $125 in cell phone charges, or bail that was paid and one person thought it was a loan where the other person thought it was out of the kindness of their heart.

Lordy, lordy, I get to go to Hollywood and be on Judge Judy!

by Anonymousreply 38May 4, 2012 10:01 PM

As to what law applies: There's a huge body of law about which law to apply -- very basically & very generally, it's the law of the state where the events occurred

So wherever OP & his BF were living when they acquired property together & then parted, that state's law would apply.

I haven't watched Judge Judy a lot, but I get the impression that she does follow the choice-of-law rules & applies whatever law those dictate. She doesn't seem like an "entertainer" at the expense of being a judge -- I think she she's a judge first, last, & always, with no fooling around for the sake of TV.

Judge Wapner struck me the same way.

by Anonymousreply 39May 4, 2012 10:01 PM

Love JJ. It is always an ego booster.

by Anonymousreply 40May 4, 2012 10:03 PM

I didn't see my ex outside the studio. I'm not even sure if he stayed at the same hotel (I'm guessing he did, but I certainly didn't see him there).

It moved VERY quickly. Although we were at the studio about five hours start to finish, the actual time in front of Judge Judy was 10 minutes, maybe even less. I'm guessing they will be able to use essentially all the footage. I was very shocked by the speed of it. It's like we were just cruising along (ie her calling him an idiot and a liar in various different ways) and then out of the blue she just said "your case is dismissed. goodbye."

by Anonymousreply 41May 4, 2012 10:04 PM

OT but thanks OP for sharing this. I love JJ and appreciate your tale and questions answered.

by Anonymousreply 42May 4, 2012 10:09 PM

[quote]She raked him over the coals for several minutes, then turned to me and said "is there anything you want to add?" I said "no maam." And she said "Good. Case dismissed. Goodbye."

One of the first lessons I learned as a new lawyer was: know when to shut up & quit while you're ahead! Can't tell you how often I've seen people in OP's position say "Thank you, your Honor -- I'd just like to say...." Don't do it! Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory...

by Anonymousreply 43May 4, 2012 10:10 PM

Congratulations Op. I can't wait to see your episode. You're going to be a new DL celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 44May 4, 2012 10:11 PM

LOL. I don't know how interesting the case will be. It was sooo stupid. At one point he mentioned that I needed to pay for his old wok. Judge Judy said something like "I did not go to law school and have many years of education to help you get your wok back. I don't know where it is. He may have it. He may not. I DON'T CARE!!! What's next?!"

He didn't help his cause by responding "but it was an expensive wok and he knows I love to coo.." And then she cut him off and it got worse for him when we moved on to the "loan".

P.S. I do have the wok.

by Anonymousreply 45May 4, 2012 10:17 PM

Ooo, did he interrupt her and cause her to say 'I'M. SPEAKIING!' ? Love it when she does that.

You sound like a nice guy, OP, at least, the mature one in the relationship. Was it at all gratifying to see your ex eat it or did you feel bad for him?

by Anonymousreply 46May 4, 2012 10:45 PM

"P.S. I do have the wok."

Bwahahahaha!! OP, I love you. Can't wait to see your case on JJ - congrats!

by Anonymousreply 47May 4, 2012 11:11 PM

OP, did you and your partner live in Brooklyn? Judy grew up on Ocean Avenue near Quentin Road. Went to James Madison High School, same as Ruth Bader Ginsburg, not in same graduating class.

by Anonymousreply 48May 4, 2012 11:16 PM

[quote] "I did not go to law school and have many years of education to help you get your wok back. I don't know where it is. He may have it. He may not. I DON'T CARE!!! What's next?!"

[quote]"P.S. I do have the wok."

HAHAhahahahaha!!!! OP, I love you and I love this thread! Wow, what a GREAT way to start a weekend. What a great laugh!

by Anonymousreply 49May 4, 2012 11:53 PM

OP, my brother-in-law was contacted in Idaho about being on the show concerning back rent he was owed by a tenant. He had filed in small claims court. So, yes I think they sort through court records for something that perks their interest or else local court reporters tip them off. Congrats on your win and keeping the expensive wok. Tee-Hee.

by Anonymousreply 50May 4, 2012 11:57 PM

I also love "I'm speaking!"

by Anonymousreply 51May 5, 2012 12:11 AM

Love Judge Judy! What is Bird the bailiff like? He seems bored.

by Anonymousreply 52May 5, 2012 12:17 AM

Judge Judy ROCKS! We need more judges like her, who give scammers and low lifes a good reaming in public. Shaming fools is very underrated. Also, is it wrong that the first time I read R20, I thought it said, "did they pay for your hole?"

by Anonymousreply 53May 5, 2012 12:25 AM

Judy has homes in NY, Conn. and Fla. She jets into LA every other week for a few days for the taping. Seems with her success she'd have moved production to the east coast at some point to save herself the pain in the ass commute.

by Anonymousreply 54May 5, 2012 12:36 AM

I was contacted by judge Mathis about a year ago when I was being sued for 4k in small claims court. Part of the money was cash borrowed to open a medical marijuana dispensary. I obviously didn't want everyone to know that I own a dispensary (I am not trying to have my home robbed) so I declined.

by Anonymousreply 55May 5, 2012 12:48 AM

I was contacted by Judge Reinhold a few years ago. He wanted money.

by Anonymousreply 56May 5, 2012 2:17 AM

Thanks for your questions and comments. The silliness of the whole experience grows the more I think about it.

I don't remember everything Judge Judy said. She did talk a lot. The other line I remember that made me chuckle was when my partner was going on and on about all his belongings and how terrible I was. He said something like "your honor, even though he demonstrated over and over again how little he cared about our relationship, I loved him and trusted him with my life. I trusted that he would honor and guard my beloved possessions that I worked a lifetime for and that represent everything I've accomplished and..."

She interrupted him and said "I don't know where you think you are, but stop auditioning. It's irritating. I'm not interested in making you famous. We're talking about a computer and some other junk that you abandoned! He's not hiding your artistic masterpiece or your grandmother's ashes!"

Did I feel bad for him? Marginally. But both the lawsuit and coming to Judge Judy were his brilliant ideas. And he did lie and exaggerate repeatedly in a remarkably short amount of time; fortunately, she didn't buy any of it. Unfortunately (for him), there were also a couple of things I know he was actually telling the truth about that she also didn't believe. ("That makes ZERO sense! And if it doesn't make sense it isn't true! I don't believe you!"). Even though that particular part of his story was true, it did sound like nonsense in the retelling.

As far as some of the other questions:

:there was definitely no bonding over Brooklyn. I don't even think it was mentioned.

:The bailiff (Byrd) seemed very relaxed and in-control, but I didn't have any real interaction with him other than some instructions he gave about how we were supposed to walk in and where to stand. And he did swear us in. I can't say I paid much attention to him after that.

:She may have homes in NY, Conn, and Florida, but also heard that her LA home is pretty damn spectacular as well. She didn't invite me over, though, to celebrate my grand victory and get to know me better.

by Anonymousreply 57May 5, 2012 2:21 AM

Hilarious, OP. Thanks for sharing your story.

It sounds to me like your ex needed the $850 and thought it might be a fast way to collect a few thousand more if he could convince her you owed it to him.

I haven't ever watched an entire episode of Judy Judy, and it's been years since I saw even a few minutes of the show, but I will stay alert for your notice to us, OP, when you find out the date of your episode. This sounds fun, though I almost feel sorry for your ex, being humiliated in public by JJ. Although I suppose it could be some kind of badge of honor or a funny story to tell at parties 10 or more years in the future, after the sting goes away, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 58May 5, 2012 2:43 AM

"The $1,500 claim really THROUGH me for a loop..."

Well, aren't you glad you weren't a Jeopardy contestant.

by Anonymousreply 59May 5, 2012 3:00 AM

How long is the shoot? Are there retakes? Is the studio audience made up of real people or are they studio extras? Is there a green room were all of the participants hang out?

by Anonymousreply 60May 5, 2012 3:07 AM

r60 I know that the audience is made up of extras (like in the movies).

by Anonymousreply 61May 5, 2012 3:22 AM

Thanks OP. Great thread. And you are very good at retelling what happened.

How did you end up dating such a putz?

by Anonymousreply 62May 5, 2012 3:51 AM

OP I agree with R62. Good luck buddy

by Anonymousreply 63May 5, 2012 5:31 AM

No link = Liar

by Anonymousreply 64May 5, 2012 7:51 AM

[quote]No link = Liar

What the hell is he supposed to link to? He said the episode isn't on for a few months. OP is telling the truth.

by Anonymousreply 65May 5, 2012 8:59 AM

r1, like all court shows fans write in for free tickets. They don't pay background actors to sit in the gallery.

by Anonymousreply 66May 5, 2012 11:50 AM

Judy says she likes doing the show in California. It gives the family a vacation from her and vice-versa.

by Anonymousreply 67May 5, 2012 12:07 PM

I don'r care what they say. I LOVE Judge Judy.

She breaks it down and tells it like it is.

Justice should be like what she dishes out.

by Anonymousreply 68May 5, 2012 12:12 PM

I like JJ, because she doesn't allow anyone get away with crap.

by Anonymousreply 69May 5, 2012 1:55 PM

[quote]No link = Liar

You're an IDIOT!

by Anonymousreply 70May 5, 2012 1:57 PM

Judge Judy hates anyone interrupting her, your case is pretty much dismissed if she yells, "I'm speaking!"

People never listen.

by Anonymousreply 71May 5, 2012 2:03 PM

$40 per diem? In La-La land?

by Anonymousreply 72May 5, 2012 2:07 PM

Meh!

by Anonymousreply 73May 5, 2012 2:22 PM

Is this show totally fake? A fake courtroom, fake judgements, fake everything? It's not an actual court system? Because I've never heard of a court system where "everybody wins." From this thread it appears that anyone who appears on Judge Judy gets a nice little fee, and no matter what happens in the courtroom, nobody loses; if somebody wins a judgement the defendant does not have to pay a penny of it, the show antes up the money to pay it off. I don't know a great deal about legal matters, but I've never heard of a "everybody wins" court system where the defendant is not liable for any judgement against him/her. So "Judge Judy" is just tv hokum, right?

And what about the $5000 "pot?" I've heard on threads like this that there is a $5000 "pot." Let's say the plantiff wins $1000. That leaves $4000; the remainder of the "pot" is split evenly between the plaintiff and the defendant. Again, I've never heard of anything like that in an actual court system.

And by the way, the OP sounds like a big ol' troll. I honestly don't believe the story about him and his "ex." It sounds like an elaborate tale he made up. He sounds like a big fan of the "Judge Judy" show and cooked up some story to make the gullible queens on this tread actually believe he was on it.

by Anonymousreply 74May 5, 2012 3:48 PM

R67. I don't think you are right on this. I have been watching JJ and Judge Joe Brown for years. One thing that I have noticed is a lot of the audience members are the same each day and have been on for years.

They could be hostages.

by Anonymousreply 75May 5, 2012 3:48 PM

Did you actually read the thread, R74?

by Anonymousreply 76May 5, 2012 3:52 PM

[quote]Again, I've never heard of anything like that in an actual court system.

Are you retarded? Where would this pot of money come from in real life? These are TV shows. This doesn't happen in real life because real life isn't a TV show.

by Anonymousreply 77May 5, 2012 3:52 PM

The gallery/audience members are compensated extras.

R74 is an imbecile.

by Anonymousreply 78May 5, 2012 3:54 PM

Thanks for all the inside info, OP. I hope I get to see your episode. I like Judge Judy and it is rare, actually never, that I disagree with her. I think that's why I like her show. I get the feeling I'm as smart as a seasoned judge.

Best of possible futures to you!

by Anonymousreply 79May 5, 2012 4:23 PM

Do they tell you when its going to air?

by Anonymousreply 80May 5, 2012 4:32 PM

what I like about this thread (and I hope this is a true event) is that this thread is more like a chat room board as the OP and others keep coming back to answer.

by Anonymousreply 81May 5, 2012 4:35 PM

Another vote for R74 is an imbecile.

I enjoyed this thread, OP. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 82May 5, 2012 4:51 PM

The audience members are extras who are compensated and also told how to act or not to act. They aren't cued to laugh or anything but there are definite codes of behavior they must adhere to and it's much easier to do that with paid extras than an audience of JJ groupies.

There's a very beautiful African American woman who is always in the front row of Judge Joe Brown's audience. I always thought she was his wife but then I saw her pop up in the front row of JJ.

by Anonymousreply 83May 5, 2012 5:00 PM

I always thought Byrd was hot.

by Anonymousreply 84May 5, 2012 5:10 PM

"She interrupted him and said "I don't know where you think you are, but stop auditioning. It's irritating. I'm not interested in making you famous. We're talking about a computer and some other junk that you abandoned! He's not hiding your artistic masterpiece or your grandmother's ashes!"

Fuck me, she's fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 85May 5, 2012 5:17 PM

Fun thread. I wonder how much the audience extras get paid. Seems like a decent job if you can take a book to kill time when off camera.

by Anonymousreply 86May 5, 2012 6:24 PM

[quote]So "Judge Judy" is just tv hokum, right?

Congratulations, Rip van Winkle. You're starting to figure this brave new world thing out, ain't ya?

by Anonymousreply 87May 5, 2012 7:41 PM

I read somewhere a while back that they tried using family members, friends, etc, in the gallery, but they couldn't control it enough so opted to use paid extras.

There is no pot to be split. I wonder where this story comes from. As OP stated, there's an appearance fee, expenses (air and lodging) paid, and a small per diem, a minimum of two days but often a couple of days more.

And no one gets paid until the show airs.

by Anonymousreply 88May 5, 2012 8:03 PM

OP... have you thought about "being the better man" (in a snarky way), and wrapping up the Wok and giving it to your ex this Christmas as a present?

I dunno why that just occured to me as funny, but...

by Anonymousreply 89May 5, 2012 8:06 PM

Better yet, take a photo of himself using it and send it to the ex.

by Anonymousreply 90May 5, 2012 8:11 PM

The wok as a pre or post-airing gift would really seal the whole experience.

R88 - Why is this? That could be a long wait for payment for "services rendered."

by Anonymousreply 91May 5, 2012 8:14 PM

Thanks for sharing this story, OP. And f&f for the jerk at r10.

by Anonymousreply 92May 6, 2012 12:52 AM

I agree with taking a photo of yourself using the wok, but don't send it to the bastard, fuck him!

In fact, if you don't intend to use the wok yourself, then do something gross or damaging to it in the photo: shit in it, feed filthy stray dogs with it, shoot holes in it, drag it behind your car for a day, stuff like that.

by Anonymousreply 93May 6, 2012 1:03 AM

Take a bunch of pictures with the wok - on the Staten Island Ferry, the Statue of Liberty, 30 Rock, on a seat in the Met Opera House, Grant's Tomb, Ann Curry holding it, etc. Tell everyone it's a class project and they'll let you in places to photograph it.

The Adventures of the Purloined Wok!!!!

by Anonymousreply 94May 6, 2012 1:12 AM

I like the idea of "woking" around New York.

by Anonymousreply 95May 6, 2012 1:17 AM

My cousin used to be an extra on Judge Joe Brown. They hire "beautiful people" to fill the first couple rows. She was paid $100 per show.

by Anonymousreply 96May 6, 2012 1:33 AM

Take A Wok On The Wild Side

Woking In Memphis

I Go Out Woking After Midnight

Wok On By

by Anonymousreply 97May 6, 2012 1:47 AM

OP will have to find somewhere to post those wok photos so the ex will see them.

by Anonymousreply 98May 6, 2012 1:51 AM

I love Judge Judy prank calls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 6, 2012 2:16 AM

Judge Judy donkey punched me.

by Anonymousreply 100May 6, 2012 2:22 AM

Have some cards printed up with "The Wok Project." Give it to people at museum entrances and stage doors and tell them you just need one photo of the wok in a seat, stage or display area.

by Anonymousreply 101May 6, 2012 2:54 AM

I used to be a paid audience member of Judge Judy, Joe Brown and Divorce Court.

We knew if we got Judy it would be a short day, she moved fast and got us out in 5-7 hours. With Joe Brown and DC it was usually a 10 hour day and we got OT.

Judy did not like when we laughed. She would yell at us if we got to animated and shout this is a courtroom. But some of the shit was hilarious.

They used union extras for the people that moved while the claimants exited and they would have to rehearse their rise and walk down the isle to go to exit. I don't recall ever seeing the real people rehearse their walk or retake anything. Once it started it wen on.

In Divorce Court they would rile us up and try to get us to make comments and laugh. The producers would also go talk to them and ask them to use some works instead of what they did and they would do retakes. Like tell the woman to say, he's a playah or play up her outrage, etc.

Joe was in the middle. They didn't coach the claimants but Joe would get into his stories about himself and talk and talk. His show was more about showcasing himself. They had to have left a lot on the editing floor because he would go on and on for one court case.

by Anonymousreply 102May 6, 2012 3:12 AM

r102 very interesting

by Anonymousreply 103May 6, 2012 3:32 AM

Ah, show biz!

by Anonymousreply 104May 6, 2012 3:42 AM

Are there any events he would LOVE to go to? But can't? Like a specific game, or theater event, or concert, or a specific vacation locale? Take the wok there to each place he desperately wants to go to, but can't, and take pictures of it there.

by Anonymousreply 105May 6, 2012 4:02 AM

It would be fun for the wok to travel extensively so it can be photographed in exotic places and with many beautiful men.

by Anonymousreply 106May 6, 2012 4:19 AM

How much were you paid, R102?

by Anonymousreply 107May 6, 2012 5:10 AM

My sister was on Judge Marilyn. She said the show was super cheap. She and her bf had taken a very early train into the city and figured there would at least be some coffee in the green room, but there was just a water thingy.

She said they were cautioned to be careful when opening the "gate" into the court because it was made of cardboard and could easily be knocked over.

She and her bf were being sued by a kid who was absolutely in the wrong, but Judge Marilyn didn't care. The kid broke the law (it was a sort of car accident which involved a boat in a dock area -- hard to explain). The kid wore a suit and appeared with his mom. They were both very middle class. My sister's bf is kind of a slob and they brought a 450 lb "witness" with them who was wearing a tee shirt which looked like a tent. Honestly, i dont think the guy could dress any better because if his size. Judge Marilyn made fun of the fat guy and was a total bitch to my sister and her bf. They'd brought pictures with them which showed the kid had brought his car into an area where there was a sign plainly stating no cars were allowed. Judge Marilyn wouldn't even look at it.

My sister didn't mention if she was paid to be on the show, but I doubt she would have told us if she'd been paid anyway. She's very secretive about money. They lost the case, but didn't have to pay up because the show covered the cost of the settlement.

I asked her if she had it to do over, would she have gone on the show and she said no. She said she'd never been treated so badly by anyone in her life and she'd rather pay a settlement than be on the same room with Judge Marilyn.

by Anonymousreply 108May 6, 2012 6:02 AM

Funny yet informative stuff. Good thread.

by Anonymousreply 109May 6, 2012 6:00 PM

Because you're mine, I wok the line.

by Anonymousreply 110May 7, 2012 3:13 AM

Does anyone really "win" after being on Judge Judy?

by Anonymousreply 111May 7, 2012 3:30 AM

[quote]I love Judge Judy prank calls.

OMG, that's too funny!

by Anonymousreply 112May 7, 2012 3:37 AM

The video at the link, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 113May 7, 2012 3:43 AM

This has got to be the most ridiculous/craziest plaintiff on Judge Judy. She's totally batshit.

I Love JJ

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114May 7, 2012 4:10 AM

And this is one of my personal favorite cases. JJ completely annihilates this unbelievable smug, scamming bitch. One of the most satisfying Judge Judy moments. Totally owned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115May 7, 2012 4:13 AM

Tupperware Lady has her own FB page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116May 7, 2012 4:14 AM

Bahahaha oh man [R116] I never knew that! Kinda tempted to like that page now, not gonna lie.

Also, last clip I swear, but you have got to watch this drunken fool who didn't know the plaintiffs caught his idiocy on camera.

His "I'm an epileptic!" line made me laugh pretty hard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117May 7, 2012 4:25 AM

There's a hilarious case I remember of this gay man suing a woman for dumping a soda on his head at the movie theater (she did it because he wouldn't stop talking). He was suing her for some ridiculous amount (hundreds of dollars) because he claimed the soda damaged his eyes or something lol. JJ spent the whole time reaming him on behalf of every who ever has been annoyed by people talking at the movies. I can't find a clip of that case but I've been dying to re-watch it for the hilarity.

by Anonymousreply 118May 7, 2012 4:26 AM

"Bahahaha" Are you retarded?

by Anonymousreply 119May 7, 2012 6:24 AM

The wok schtick is not funny and it doesn't sound like something OP would have any interest in at all.

by Anonymousreply 120May 7, 2012 6:55 AM

R115, Wow, there are some evil evil people in this world, and so damn smug.

I saw on one video that her name is Kelli Filkins, so I googled around and found a site that claims to know what happened to her. Supposedly she ended up in jail, after also scamming her own husband and divorcing him. She is out of prison, but lost custody of the kids who are now with the grandparents.

by Anonymousreply 121May 7, 2012 7:07 AM

OP, I think the wok idea is hilarious. You should give the wok it's own Facebook page, and post the photos there where we can all enjoy it!

by Anonymousreply 122May 7, 2012 7:39 AM

Get out your checkbook Big Pants!!

by Anonymousreply 123May 7, 2012 7:45 AM

Kelli has a facebook page too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124May 7, 2012 10:28 AM

I would like to see Byrd teabag that wok with his enormous nuts

by Anonymousreply 125May 7, 2012 10:55 AM

R82 and R78 = a pair of disagreeable cunts

As for JJ...well, I've heard conflicting stories. The OP (who really does sound like a silly troll) says "the deal was we each got $850, a $40 per diem, and airfare to LA and local transportation." I heard that plantiffs and defendants receive only $100 dollars for their participation.

Some guy on YouTube claimed he got $1400 UP FRONT for being on the show. He claimed that that unimpeachable source of truth, Star Magazine, revealed JJ as a fraud. His video made me think he's nutty; his advice was "do not take anything personal on tv!"

Who knows? Who gives a shit? But I have watched the show sometimes and although it's said that it's a "win/win" situation (judgements paid by the the show, fees paid to the participants) I have noticed that not infrequently the plaintiff or defendant who "loses" the case seems mightily ticked off and it doesn't look like they're pretending to be pissed.

Why would they get mad if they're getting paid? Is it because they "lost" on national television? If I were getting paid and didn't have to pay any judgement I sure wouldn't get steamed, even if I did "lose." I'm sure somebody will say "they're just acting" but why act if you're going to get paid no matter what the outcome? Are they told to "act?" Like I said, it doesn't look like acting; the people who come on the show aren't actors, they're just people who want to come on the JJ show.

Maybe they're told: "just act naturally." Maybe that's it; the people who come on JJ are usually pretty fucked up, so for them to "act naturally" would be quite entertaining. Still, I don't understand the anger at losing; but maybe winning matters to the goons who are on this show, even if they do get paid anyway.

by Anonymousreply 126May 7, 2012 5:10 PM

Nobody likes to be made to look like a fool, R126, even if they're getting paid for it.

You're wrong if you think that what you've "heard" is enough to discredit OP.

by Anonymousreply 127May 7, 2012 5:22 PM

[quote]My cousin used to be an extra on Judge Joe Brown. They hire "beautiful people" to fill the first couple rows. She was paid $100 per show.

What row did your cousin sit in?

by Anonymousreply 128May 7, 2012 5:54 PM

R128 I'm not sure, I never actually watched any of the shows. Not my cup of tea.

by Anonymousreply 129May 7, 2012 6:02 PM

Huh? I have never seen a beautiful person sitting in the front rows on any of these shows. The people usually look kind of trashy.

by Anonymousreply 130May 7, 2012 6:58 PM

One of the best threads on DL in the last year.

by Anonymousreply 131May 8, 2012 12:46 AM

OP, don't forget to let us know when your show airs.

by Anonymousreply 132May 8, 2012 5:06 PM

I don't think my sister got paid. She did get transportation money, but she lived on LI and the show was in NYC so I don't think it was more than $200. They took the train in so they could save the transportation money to pay for lunch and then went to one if those touristy sports bars in midtown. You'd think they lived 1,000 miles away from NYC, but they never usually go any further away from Penn Station than to go to MSG. They are not the sharpest knives in the block.

The kid who sued them got something like $2000 to pay for damage to his car, which my sister and bf said was way more than the damage actually cost. In fact, my sister's bf is a mechanic and offered to fix the damage himself, because it would hardly cost anything.

by Anonymousreply 133May 17, 2012 6:05 PM

Has anyone been to a Judge Mathis taping? I've got a huge crush on hot blond bailiff Doyle Devereux.

by Anonymousreply 134May 17, 2012 8:22 PM

Winning on Judge Judy is like winning in the Special Olympics. Congrats on your win but you're still a retard.

by Anonymousreply 135May 17, 2012 8:48 PM

R134 I have but it was in 2003.

by Anonymousreply 136May 17, 2012 8:49 PM

R126, I'm a lawyer & I assure you that many/most clients want their day in court at least as much as they want any tangible benefits. It's very important to them that they be heard, but Judge Judy isn't interested in coddling, so she doesn't always make people feel that they've had a fair chance to fully express their point of view -- then if they lose on top of having been chastised by a judge, they're even more frustrated & furious. People want to vent so much that they'll pay a lawyer $250/hour or more to help them get into a courtroom. Much cheaper to just get a nice dog to talk to (& surely more satisfying).

by Anonymousreply 137May 17, 2012 9:47 PM

OP, did you get any instructions not to drink the water? There is a pitcher of water available, but if anybody actually drinks from it, she loses her mind!

by Anonymousreply 138May 17, 2012 9:53 PM

I love JJ, but she is doing a good deal of acting on that show. If she screamed and yelled as much in a real court of law as she does on that show the state judicial review board would have had her ass long ago.

Face it, real court IS NOT THAT INTERESTING. JJ has to do something to make the viewers want to tune in. It's the same way with that Cuban harpy Judge Milian (Sp?).

by Anonymousreply 139May 17, 2012 10:57 PM

Op, any word as to when your show will air?

by Anonymousreply 140May 17, 2012 11:02 PM

JJ is fantasy porn for old folks and conservatives.

It's fascinating and kind of fun, and it does strike a nerve about self-reliance and self responsibility.

But the whole thing is for her to go in and have A Moment where she tells someone off.

And all the moms and grandmas who coddle their kids and hand them cars/money/cases of beer get little fantasy fulfillment moments, wishing they could tell off their brat or someone in their life like that.

by Anonymousreply 141May 17, 2012 11:09 PM

[quote]I love JJ, but she is doing a good deal of acting on that show. If she screamed and yelled as much in a real court of law as she does on that show the state judicial review board would have had her ass long ago.

I don't know much about State Court, but I can tell you from experience that the Federal system suffers a lot of "judicial temperament" like hers. No racist rants allowed, but pretty much anything else goes -- not to mention incompetence (which she isn't, but too many long-term Federal appointees are).

by Anonymousreply 142May 17, 2012 11:18 PM

r139, when Judy first got her show, "60 Minutes" did a story with footage from her days in the Manhattan Family Court. The clip showed she didn't take crap from parents, social workers, or lawyers. Her only interest was how she could make kids lives better.

by Anonymousreply 143May 17, 2012 11:47 PM

Yes R143 and she supports us having equal marriage rights too. JJ always tries to remind people same-sex marriage is an equal rights issue. She may be cranky, but that's cuz she's seen a lot of people's crap and she's sick of it and rightly so isn't going to take any of it.

Good for her. Love JJ.

by Anonymousreply 144May 18, 2012 12:32 AM

Any word from op as to when his show is airing?

by Anonymousreply 145May 21, 2012 7:22 PM

Did this whore's episode air yet?

by Anonymousreply 146June 26, 2012 2:06 AM

R144= frau.

She's a complete cunt. The word fits. She once told an audience that they should give all people with drug addictions needles tainted with AIDS.

As for her 'competence', she has her mind made up before she even hears the case. And she's very prejudiced. She's a complete joke as a judge.

Only old freeper women love her. Which means most of the audience for daytime TV.

by Anonymousreply 147June 26, 2012 2:12 AM

r147 where is your proof that JJ said that about the people with drug addictions? LIAR!!!

by Anonymousreply 148June 26, 2012 2:16 AM

This sounds like complete horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 149June 26, 2012 2:17 AM

R147, only losers, scammers and parasites hate JJ because she holds a mirror up to them..... and it ain't pretty. People of low character never like to face the truth about themselves

by Anonymousreply 150June 26, 2012 2:25 AM

JJ has lost her crown as queen of syndication to reruns of Big Bang Theory.

by Anonymousreply 151June 26, 2012 2:30 AM

'Judge Judy' tops daytime ratings in first year post-Oprah Yahoo! TV By Dave Nemetz | Yahoo! TV – Fri, Jun 8, 2012 9:32 AM PDT

The verdict is in: Judge Judy is the new queen of daytime TV.

When longtime ratings champ Oprah Winfrey ended her syndicated talk show last year, she left a void at the top of the daytime ratings heap, and the tough-talking Brooklyn judge with the fancy lace collar was all too happy to fill it. "Judge Judy," now in its 16th season, averaged nearly 8 million viewers last month, which makes it the top syndicated program on daytime TV. And that's not all: Those numbers actually represent a 3 percent increase from last year, and are the highest sweeps ratings "Judy" has ever earned.

"Judge Judy," of course, centers on former family court judge Judith Sheindlin (69 years young!) deciding small-claims cases with her trademark brand of common-sense wisdom. And she gets paid very well to do it: As of 2010, Sheindlin was already pulling in a whopping $45 million a year from the show. As ridiculous as that sounds, with these ratings, it's entirely possible she's actually underpaid. (Have you tried watching any of those other courtroom shows? Yeah, we didn't think so.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152June 26, 2012 2:38 AM

Syndicated TV Ratings: 'The Big Bang Theory' Wins Again in Total Viewers and Household Ratings

The Big Bang Theory was the top syndicated program in total viewers and Household Ratings for the week ending June 3, 2012.

Top 25 Syndicated Shows for the week ending June 10, 2012:

Rank t

1 tBIG BANG 6.2 t

2 tJUDGE JUDY 6.1 t

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153June 26, 2012 2:51 AM

Your article is May. Mine is June. Your case needs some work.

by Anonymousreply 154June 26, 2012 3:01 AM

[quote]Your article is May. Mine is June

Here you go....

[quote]Written By Amanda Kondolojy

[quote]June 19th, 2012

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155June 26, 2012 3:09 AM

Guess who still makes $44,975,000 more per year than you, R155.

by Anonymousreply 156June 26, 2012 6:38 AM

Lame comeback R156. Just admit you were wrong and move on gramps.

by Anonymousreply 157June 26, 2012 12:43 PM

I'm not the R152/R154. I just happen to agree with him that you're a moron.

In the immortal words of my hero, Judge Judy:

"Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining."

by Anonymousreply 158June 26, 2012 12:49 PM

My Judge Judy tribute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159June 26, 2012 12:55 PM

Well R156/158, he wasn't talking about me. That was my first post. Learn how to use trolldar. And learn how to accept facts that do not agree with your opinions.

by Anonymousreply 160June 26, 2012 12:56 PM

Someone has not learned yet that you either join in the frau herd mentality of DL or get stoned by the village wimmin. We ARE NOT interested in facts and statistics. They make our heads hurt.

by Anonymousreply 161June 26, 2012 1:06 PM

I had a case in small claims court against a Fire Island Pines homeowner and was immediately contacted by The People's Court. The compensation set-up was similar to Judge Judy's formula (no splitting the difference and whatever other posters are theorizing).

Either I didn't mae the cut or my landlord refused to go on air - but either way I won the case on arbitration.

Too bad for my landlord, who would have had his expense taken care of.

by Anonymousreply 162June 26, 2012 1:06 PM

I especially love the JJ prank calls on You Tube. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 163June 26, 2012 1:11 PM

I'm 152/154 and I like Big Bang and JJ so I don't care which won. It was fun making 157 work for it, is all.

by Anonymousreply 164June 27, 2012 12:29 AM

r147, you do know that she reads the complaint and the answer before she show, right? So her mind SHOULD be leaning one way or another -- watch her questioning the plainitff and defendant and you can see that she needs some details to make her final determination.

by Anonymousreply 165June 27, 2012 12:56 AM

Bump for air date. OP, you still around?

by Anonymousreply 166June 28, 2012 12:44 AM

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear if they are interested in having you on the show? My sister just applied on-line on Friday.

by Anonymousreply 167June 30, 2012 6:07 PM

I sent an email to the infested show, and they never contacted me.

by Anonymousreply 168June 30, 2012 9:07 PM

Hey OP, you said that your show was going to air in July. Any idea when?

by Anonymousreply 169July 10, 2012 3:33 PM

I just checked the listings. It won't be airing this week, they are all repeats from January/February.

by Anonymousreply 170July 10, 2012 4:05 PM

Please keep us posted as to when you think it will air, op.

by Anonymousreply 171July 11, 2012 1:06 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 172July 14, 2012 10:06 PM

Did this ever air?

by Anonymousreply 173July 30, 2012 8:38 PM

OP, you thought this may air in July. Any word on when it will show?

by Anonymousreply 174August 6, 2012 4:41 AM

I read recently about the show and they don't pay $850 but $250. It was a very recent article so not sure what to believe about OP's story. If my ex sued me I wouldn't even take his calls.

by Anonymousreply 175August 6, 2012 12:39 PM

Per Wiki: The cases taped throughout April, May, June, and July start out each season in September and last through the beginning of November.

So expect to see this in September or October.

by Anonymousreply 176August 6, 2012 4:00 PM

There are said to be some Judy Judy fails in the vault. Not all cases make it to air. Sometimes the infallible Judy makes mistakes that even editing can't hide. These will probably only be seen after the show leaves the air but there's a small reel that a former King World exec showed at a UCLA communication class I was taking. One showed a defendant losing and calling Judy a dried up old cunt. Judy tries to shut him up by saying he has a nasty temper. The defendant then says that the judgement means nothing on his record, he doesn't have to pay anything out of his pocket, so Judge Judy can suck his dick. Having done his homework, he adds that if Judy weren't Jewish, she should have sucked her husband's dick and he wouldn't have cheated on her.

by Anonymousreply 177August 6, 2012 5:22 PM

The purported example you use does not show Judy failing, r177.

by Anonymousreply 178August 6, 2012 5:38 PM

If you read my post, I said there are said to be some in the vault. The example I saw wasn't a fail but it also didn't make it on air either because Judy didn't have a comeback, which is an absolute on her show.

by Anonymousreply 179August 6, 2012 5:43 PM

People only get a grand to go on that show? They deserve far more. It's one of the highest rated daytime shows, they make a ton of money off it. And Judy is often abusive to them, on national tv no less. I thought the settlements were paid for by the show, and that's why there's a 5,000 limit. Because the 5,000 appearance fee would cover that, or if it was less the person would keep the difference. But no it's just people desperate to get on tv, or poor enough to agree to the measly appearance fee. Very exploitative.

by Anonymousreply 180August 6, 2012 6:01 PM

[quote]...she should have sucked her husband's dick and he wouldn't have cheated on her.

CUM IS NOT AN ANSWER!

by Anonymousreply 181August 11, 2012 3:16 AM

I saw a casting notice for $250 for a court show and another that said they were looking for people who are good at improv to play plaintiffs, defendants, or witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 182August 11, 2012 3:39 AM

It's September! Don't forget to keep us posted.

by Anonymousreply 183September 1, 2012 9:07 PM

New episodes start this week. I hope we see this guy.

by Anonymousreply 184September 10, 2012 2:12 AM

I've read in another thread that he died. Apparently it's in some "dead Dlers" thread but I can't find it.

by Anonymousreply 185September 10, 2012 8:37 AM

"New episodes start this week. I hope we see this guy."

I doubt that you will. I think his story is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 186September 10, 2012 2:57 PM

"These will probably only be seen after the show leaves the air but there's a small reel that a former King World exec showed at a UCLA communication class I was taking. One showed a defendant losing and calling Judy a dried up old cunt. Judy tries to shut him up by saying he has a nasty temper. The defendant then says that the judgement means nothing on his record, he doesn't have to pay anything out of his pocket, so Judge Judy can suck his dick. Having done his homework, he adds that if Judy weren't Jewish, she should have sucked her husband's dick and he wouldn't have cheated on her."

I doubt any such "small reel" exists. I mean, why in the hell would a Judge Judy blooper reel be shown in a UCLA communication class? To what purpose? And how would a "King World exec" have gotten his hands on it? This just sounds like a lot of bullshit, like an urban legend or something.

by Anonymousreply 187September 10, 2012 3:03 PM

The OP's story sounds real enough -- nothing implausible.

by Anonymousreply 188September 10, 2012 3:28 PM

[quote]I mean, why in the hell would a Judge Judy blooper reel be shown in a UCLA communication class? To what purpose? And how would a "King World exec" have gotten his hands on it?

Jesus, are you really that much of a moron?

by Anonymousreply 189September 10, 2012 3:39 PM

"Jesus, are you really that much of a moron?"

Okay smart-ass douchebag, please do explain how a Judge Judy tape where a disgruntled defendant calls her a "dried up old cunt" and tells her to "suck his dick" is going to be of any use in a classroom, except for entertainment purposes? What exactly do students in a "communication class" learn by seeing some asshole make a fool of himself? If this is the type of thing that's shown in college classes, no wonder so many college graduates are complete idiots.

by Anonymousreply 190September 10, 2012 6:02 PM

"The OP's story sounds real enough -- nothing implausible.'

Except that he may have made the whole thing up. I tend to think that he did. If not, then he should tell everybody the exact date and time the show with him on it airs. That would be proof enough. Let's see if he does that.

by Anonymousreply 191September 10, 2012 6:05 PM

Judy and her lawyer husband have a huge and very expensive mansion in Greenwich, Connecticut.

by Anonymousreply 192September 10, 2012 6:20 PM

It's entertainment R190. Judge Judy is edited very carefully to make her seem all powerful. But you don't think everyone actually stands there and takes it while she personally insults them. Take a look at Judge Joe Brown and you'll hear him trying the same type of browbeating but his ghetto defendants/plaintiffs don't stand for it.

Now put on your Hulk Hogan jammies and get to your parents basement.

by Anonymousreply 193September 11, 2012 3:56 AM

Finally, Judge Judy is on HD Widescreen!

by Anonymousreply 194September 11, 2012 4:16 AM

[quote]he should tell everybody the exact date and time the show with him on it airs.

Maybe he still doesn't know. When I was on a quiz show, I was given an estimate of when it may air, not the exact date.

by Anonymousreply 195September 11, 2012 4:43 AM

OP, you got duped. I had a professor that used to do those court tv cases all the time. Basically even if you lose you win. The show pays whatever the amount in dispute is for the loser of the case.

by Anonymousreply 196September 11, 2012 4:58 AM

r196, I'm pretty sure you're wrong about how this show works.

by Anonymousreply 197September 11, 2012 12:14 PM

I've actually been contacted by a producer and intend to go, if the defendant (my daughter) agrees to appear. Why? Because the spoiled brat used a false claim to the courts to have me put out of my house for 9 days during which time she destroyed and or sold literally everything I own that could be carried. She dumped all of my keepsakes and pictures on the floor of my bedroom and then locked the dog in there for 9 days with food and water. While the damages exceed 5,000.00 it's the only chance I have of any reparation.. so yea, I'm going to take it. It's a slam dunk win and since she's now homeless it's a few bucks for her in the process. Thanks for posting your story!

by Anonymousreply 198September 13, 2012 2:42 AM

actually r197 the Judge Judy disclaimer openly states that the show pays all money judgements. Same for The People's Court.

The way it works is that court filings are made public, these sort of shows dig through those public records and pick out the interesting cases and ask them if they'd like to have the case appear on the show. If both parties agree to appear on the show, the show then pays transportation and hotel cost plus a nominal appearance fee and whatever the resulting judgement may be.

In other words everybody wins.

They are particularly fond of lawyers being sued by their clients, anything involving a gay or lesbian couple, pet disputes, and sibling rivalry cases.

by Anonymousreply 199September 13, 2012 3:24 AM

Sorry, I misread r196. A comma or something might have helped.

by Anonymousreply 200September 13, 2012 12:13 PM

"Judge Judy disclaimer openly states that the show pays all money judgements"

"In other words everybody wins"

What if the plantiff is sueing for property? How does "everybody win" in that kind of case?

I've seen a lot of people on that show get mightily pissed off when their case is dismissed or they lose (I don't think they're acting; if they were putting on an act it would be painfully obvious). Why get pissed off if "everybody wins?" I heard somebody say (there have been MANY Judge Judy threads) they're just miffed at losing their case on national television, but that that doesn't seem that plausible. If I went on a tv show where I knew I would "win" no matter what happens I'd have a hard time looking mad or distressed.

by Anonymousreply 201September 13, 2012 1:40 PM

Is your brain maid of lead? Can you spell dense?

by Anonymousreply 202September 13, 2012 2:04 PM

*made -- need more coffee before I comment on any other threads!

by Anonymousreply 203September 13, 2012 2:08 PM

Link to the thread that claims OP died?

by Anonymousreply 204September 13, 2012 2:36 PM

R201, people are pissed off because for monetary judgments, the amount is usually deducted from their appearance fee. So if they lose, they might earn nothing for appearing. If they win, they get to keep whatever the appearance fee is. I'm sure that some shows do it differently.

by Anonymousreply 205September 13, 2012 6:53 PM

Per OP at r5:

The deal was we each got $850, a $40 per diem, and airfare to LA and local transportation. In addition, any monetary judgment would have been paid by the show.

by Anonymousreply 206September 13, 2012 7:39 PM

"people are pissed off because for monetary judgments, the amount is usually deducted from their appearance fee. So if they lose, they might earn nothing for appearing. If they win, they get to keep whatever the appearance fee is. I'm sure that some shows do it differently."

That makes a lot more sense than the "everybody wins" no matter what happens theory.

by Anonymousreply 207September 13, 2012 8:23 PM

for the dense person at r201 what I meant was that monetary disputes are settled and the loser doesn't have to worry about coming out of pocket. The person awarded a payment also benefits from automatic receipt of the awarded judgement rather than having to wait for the loser to pay the judgement which they often do not.

In this situation, the case has already been filed so they would end up in court regardless, but in any other court, the loser is obligated to pay out of their own pocket and the person awarded the judgement has to wait for the other party to pay them if at all.

by Anonymousreply 208September 13, 2012 8:41 PM

And property that is in dispute is returned or kept pursuant to Judy's ruling. If the property no longer exists then the value (if proved) is awarded to the succesful party.

by Anonymousreply 209September 13, 2012 11:58 PM

Seems to me there are a lot of conflicting stories about how the Judge Judy show operates. It smacks of urban legend, all these different claims.

by Anonymousreply 210September 14, 2012 1:33 AM

"Is your brain maid of lead? Can you spell dense?"

Can you spell "made?" Apparently not. And I don't think having more coffee helps.

by Anonymousreply 211September 14, 2012 1:34 AM

no one has conflicted any one r211. I really can't help you any further if you fail to see what every knowledgeable person in this thread has tried to explain to you, including the OP.

There is no conspiracy, there is just your failure to understand basic English.

by Anonymousreply 212September 14, 2012 1:43 AM

[quote]Seems to me there are a lot of conflicting stories about how the Judge Judy show operates. It smacks of urban legend, all these different claims.

Wow! With a pencil and a pad you figured it out.

There is no Judge Judy show r210. It's an urban legend.

by Anonymousreply 213September 14, 2012 2:27 AM

"no one has conflicted any one"

"There is no conspiracy, there is just your failure to understand basic English."

Are you saying that everybody on this thread has said the exact same thing concerning the Judge Judy show? I'd say you're the one who needs to bone up on the English language, hon.

by Anonymousreply 214September 14, 2012 10:40 PM

OMG, read through each post about the way these shows work. Then reread those posts. As you will see any post in this thread concerning the way the show operates has essentially been saying the same thing.Except for you of course, but then again you haven't provided any evidence except for your own anecdotal and subjective opinion.

I see that we are not going to come to a mutual understanding of facts, so I will leave this issue alone.

by Anonymousreply 215September 15, 2012 12:24 AM

The loser "wins" bcause he doesn't have to pay the judgment out of his own pocket.

It seems that the defendants have to vigorously support their own positions or it will look like -- Ok, you're right, but lets go on the show so I don't have to pay you myself.

by Anonymousreply 216September 15, 2012 1:58 AM

OP, the Fall season of Judy's shows have started. Any word on where you'll appear?

by Anonymousreply 217September 28, 2012 7:27 PM

According to the description, today's episode has former lovers -- I wonder if it's them.

by Anonymousreply 218September 28, 2012 8:03 PM

Did anyone watch JJ today?

by Anonymousreply 219September 29, 2012 3:42 AM

[quote]OP, the Fall season of Judy's shows have started. Any word on where you'll appear?

OP is apparently dead.

by Anonymousreply 220September 29, 2012 2:53 PM

It wasn't on last week, and by the on-screen descriptions it's not on next week, either.

by Anonymousreply 221September 30, 2012 8:03 AM

1. They only cover air fare between LAX, the Hotel and the studio. 2. The appearance fee is 100.00 3. The monies awarded if you win are fully taxable unlike real court where damages are not taxable. Once taxes are deducted.. and the cost of taking two days work .. I'm not gonna have much left and that's IF I get the maximum. 4. The producers tend to avoid questions about these things until after your legally committed to go 5. I am on my way out the door to go catch a plane .. taping is Tuesday and I feel like one HUGE sucker.

by Anonymousreply 222September 30, 2012 12:34 PM

How did OP died? How do we know this? Did I miss something?

by Anonymousreply 223September 30, 2012 1:04 PM

[quote]They only cover air fare between LAX, the Hotel and the studio.

One would think they would choose a hotel closer to LAX and the studio.

by Anonymousreply 224September 30, 2012 1:32 PM

[R54] it's a nice expense write off to visit the Best Coast and have dinner on someone else's dime. Even rich people want stuff for free.

by Anonymousreply 225September 30, 2012 2:08 PM

The show's website has a weekly schedule describing the episode for each day. Doesn't sound like OP's case will be shown this coming week (Oct 1-5).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226September 30, 2012 2:37 PM

Maybe this Thursday?

Program description: “Lovers No More” The judge gives a man pencil and paper to write down all the money his ex-lover has given to him. He draws a blank despite being sued for thousands.

by Anonymousreply 227October 23, 2012 12:02 AM

Come back, OP. We want an update from you.

by Anonymousreply 228October 23, 2012 3:37 AM

Where's the OP? Wake up!

by Anonymousreply 229October 23, 2012 3:43 AM

A doozy today. An elderly African American man feuding with his white neighbor. His wife was thrown out of the courtroom early. JJ brought her back and we got to see she was a transgender, although the chyron said "defendant's wife." Both accused each other of racism/sexism.

by Anonymousreply 230November 1, 2012 3:11 AM

Any updates?

by Anonymousreply 231November 11, 2012 7:55 PM

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 232November 11, 2012 8:01 PM

I checked the upcoming week's list of episodes.

I think we've been had and that the OP is the best EST to ever infiltrate the DL.

by Anonymousreply 233November 11, 2012 11:06 PM

Could the elusive OP's episode finally be airing this Wednesday?

Here's the description of the episode:

a man tries to get payback from his ex-boyfriend, who accuses him of assault.

by Anonymousreply 234November 25, 2012 12:26 AM

Thanks for keeeping track. I've been off JJ since the hurricane and was afraid I might have missed it.

by Anonymousreply 235November 25, 2012 1:06 AM

Is it this Wednesday (11/28?)

by Anonymousreply 236November 27, 2012 12:08 AM

Yes, it looks like the Wednesday 11/28 episode (4PM on CBS here in New York City) is the one. It's the second of two cases, and that's usually the shorter cases that JJ quickly resolves.

by Anonymousreply 237November 27, 2012 4:43 PM

I saw that one r230.

Before it was revealed, I definitely thought she looked odd, and her husband was lying his ass off about not coming out with a weapon.

I want to see OP's episode, dammit. I'll be watching on Wed.... 7:00 pm for me.

by Anonymousreply 238November 27, 2012 4:53 PM

"I think we've been had and that the OP is the best EST to ever infiltrate the DL"

I think you're probably right.

As for you gullible queens who think "the one" is going to aired soon...well, you have no idea if it's "the one" or not.

The "elusive OP" (some have even speculated that he may have died!) has made a fool of you true believers. He's probably very pleased with himself.

by Anonymousreply 239November 27, 2012 11:07 PM

In Metro New York Judy airs a 4:00 on CBS-2. Reruns at 10:00 on WLNY-55.

by Anonymousreply 240November 27, 2012 11:42 PM

Well, if a wok is mentioned tomorrow, then we know it's the one.

by Anonymousreply 241November 28, 2012 12:26 AM

The case of Oscar and Preston is second in the half-hour. OP is this you?

by Anonymousreply 242November 28, 2012 8:12 PM

I'm giddy with anticipation!!

by Anonymousreply 243November 28, 2012 8:13 PM

I don't think this is the OP; the case is only for $1,700.

DAMN!!

by Anonymousreply 244November 28, 2012 8:19 PM

Keep us posted, r243!

I have to wait to 7pm

by Anonymousreply 245November 28, 2012 8:19 PM

Hmm, it doesn't match the OP's description. The ex-BF plaintiff got lectured for continuing to lend his deadbeat BF money but the defendant is also getting reamed for being an idiot, and had a countersuit for assault that was dismissed. OP said that only his ex got told off by JJ. And also, there was more of an age difference between these two than OP indicated.

by Anonymousreply 246November 28, 2012 8:33 PM

Not it.

by Anonymousreply 247November 28, 2012 8:36 PM

This ain't it. None of the info fits. OP might be the most masterful EST ever. I would like to sue him.

by Anonymousreply 248November 28, 2012 8:36 PM

OP, call the production company and ask when your case will air. Then let us know.

by Anonymousreply 249November 28, 2012 8:38 PM

This.Never.Happened.

by Anonymousreply 250November 28, 2012 8:50 PM

NSFW

Juan Steel appeared on Judge Judy

Byrd had a boner through the whole episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251November 28, 2012 9:00 PM

"OP, call the production company and ask when your case will air. Then let us know."

You'd better not hold your breath, dear. There ain't gonna be no "case" for you to wait for, all tingly with anticipation. You have been HAD.

There are queens on this thread who have probably been anticipating this non-existent episode for months. I feel so sorry for them, bless their gullible little hearts. I don't think I've ever seen a troll triumph the way the Judge Judy troll has. Datalounge should give him some kind of Troll of the Year award.

by Anonymousreply 252November 28, 2012 9:26 PM

My sister's friend was on Judge Judy yesterday; well, her episode aired yesterday. She was suing another friend for wrecking her car and refusing to pay for the damage. Seeing my sister's friend on TV was a very eerie experience because she killed herself on Thanksgiving day.However, she did win her case.

by Anonymousreply 253November 29, 2012 12:36 AM

Ohh, that's sad R253. But at least she won her case!

I this strange guy I knew way back when. He was Roy Cohn's ex-lover, a con man who started off stealing furs from the opera house, and he turned up on the People's Court with Ed Koch! I couldn't believe it. He was older now, going by another name, but it was him and the case sounded familiar.

Apparently, he'd ripped off some guy in Miami over a fur. It was a ridiculous episode. But then my strange friend said to "Judge" Koch, "You're father was a furrier, wasn't he? He was a good man your father."

Ed Koch looked shocked for a moment and said this revelation would not affect his judgment. He ended up splitting the damages.

by Anonymousreply 254November 29, 2012 12:54 AM

Why did she kill herself, r253?

by Anonymousreply 255November 29, 2012 1:00 AM

I still have faith in OP.

He better be telling the truth, because I so want to see it.

by Anonymousreply 256November 29, 2012 1:05 AM

Where is the OP? Someone must know!

by Anonymousreply 257November 29, 2012 1:08 AM

If he made it up, it was almost admirable trolling. The bit about the wok was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 258November 29, 2012 1:10 AM

[quote]"You're father

Oops. Cocktail time again.

by Anonymousreply 259November 29, 2012 1:16 AM

I'm not really sure, R255. She didn't leave a note or anything and my sister said that she tended to keep her problems to herself. What we do know is that she had some issues with her mother and grandmother. She had a very short haircut and she loved color so she would wear a lot of colorful wigs and clothing. She had piercings and tattoos and she was also bisexual. She told my sister that her mother and grandmother didn't accept her for who she was and that she couldn't live with them. So she spent the last year couch-surfing.It's sad because she was only 20.

by Anonymousreply 260November 29, 2012 1:27 AM

Didn't the OP die? I thought I heard something about that.

by Anonymousreply 261November 29, 2012 1:35 AM

Another stay of execution for OP EST extraordinaire.

This Tuesday's episode:

...man wants his ex to repay a debt.

by Anonymousreply 262December 2, 2012 11:54 PM

Not OP. Today's case was a guy whose ex is a woman.

by Anonymousreply 263December 4, 2012 8:39 PM

Re: If the defendent has no $$ then send a copy of the judgment to the state driver license division. They will suspend or revoke their driver license until either the judgment is paid or file bancruptsy. Also, you can take the judgment to the judge and motion for liens on any property they own and the sherriff's office takes the lien to serve the person owing $$ they take their things to an auction and give you a check.

by Anonymousreply 264January 25, 2013 8:57 PM

I watch JJ daily and I know I saw this episode sometime in the last couple of months here on the east coast. Sorry I can't tell you when, I tried googling, but the chastising about auditioning was very memorable. No idea if the OP is dead, as rumored, but he wasn't a troll.

by Anonymousreply 265February 9, 2013 1:25 AM

i think i watched that episode sometimed last yewar, everything OP described was featured and i remember laughing uncontrollably. i as sdissappointed that OP did not update us too but i believe i saw that episode.

by Anonymousreply 266March 14, 2013 8:41 AM

If this really aired, I'm sad that I missed it.

by Anonymousreply 267March 14, 2013 10:11 AM

There have a couple of cases involving former male partners. However, neither fit the description of the case according to OP.

Either it never aired or OP made the whole thing up.

by Anonymousreply 268March 14, 2013 10:13 AM

I am looking to get my hands on the "Agreement to Arbitrate" from Judge Judy. If you still have one kicking around, could you send it to me?

l.e.generalmailbox@gmail.com

by Anonymousreply 269March 19, 2013 3:03 PM

Damn you OP

Every time a gay male couple is on I think... THIS IS IT

by Anonymousreply 270June 25, 2013 3:03 AM

Hehe! So did I, as much as I could! My damn landlord! She misplaced my tupperware, so I really let her have it! I told her it was going to be taken off my rent! And she was like, "Don't you dare!" And then she THREW all her tupperware on me! She had ALL of her weight on me! And she hit my head, with her finger! That bitch! I just felt hollow afterwards!

by Anonymousreply 271June 25, 2013 3:12 AM

There was a disfunctional gay couple on "Judge Mathis" today. The plaintiff queen was suing the defendant queen because he said he was cheating on him while he was in the pen and owed him money. Plaintiff queen lost and during the exit interview, defendant queen planted a sweet tongue kiss on his new boyfriend. Because of the edit, it looks like someone asked them to do it but I really don't remember the last time two gay men kissed on a daytime syndicated show.

by Anonymousreply 272June 25, 2013 3:32 AM

how long was your shoot. Ours was 2 min and 30 seconds thats lady is mean!!

by Anonymousreply 273June 29, 2013 6:38 AM

Hi,

I know that this thread is quite old by now but I am currently looking to interview people that have appeared on reality shows for a new book. I am most interested in those that have appeared on Judge Judy and Dr. Phil. Please e-mail me if you have been featured and are open to chatting about it.

Thanks! Anne anne at clairporium.com

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274June 1, 2014 6:42 PM

The most fascinating thing about Judge Judy is it's the same episode over and over and over and over again. I can never get enough!

by Anonymousreply 275June 1, 2014 7:34 PM

What R268 said.

by Anonymousreply 276June 2, 2014 10:41 PM

I agree R275.

by Anonymousreply 277June 2, 2014 11:06 PM

I actually saw this episode. If you blinked you missed it. It literally only took a minute.

by Anonymousreply 278June 4, 2014 11:35 AM

To be a member of illuminati church today and earn $500,000.00USD in every two weeks to become Rich and famous among the satisfied citizens. This is just a brief summary contact us now via email on illuminatichurch@outlook.com OR CALL william on +2348189357261 contact us now via email on illuminatichurch@outlook.com OR CALL william on +2348189357261

by Anonymousreply 279June 11, 2014 9:46 PM

"I actually saw this episode. If you blinked you missed it. It literally only took a minute."

I don't believe you. Some of the cases are done very quickly, but "it literally only took a minute?" Not very likely. I guess you just want to keep this Datalounge urban legend going. But I think it's been obvious for a long time that the OP's tale was bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 280June 11, 2014 10:59 PM

It's funny to me because this lines up with others I've heard from that were on the show. The fact that the show pays the judgment cracks me up because the judges like to "threaten" the smartasses that they'll up how much "they" have to pay when they're not paying it, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 281June 11, 2014 11:07 PM

Gawd, I love this thread. I actually approached Judge Judy in 1999 after I won a national treasure hunt sponsored by Forbes Magazine ... they had buried a treasure chest somewhere in the continental US and were posting clues to the lat/long and I had a hunch where it was but I was in California and the location was in Florida, so I called up the local chamber of commerce and they put me in touch with this woman with a GPS and she went out and dug up the chest! It had a certificate in it worth $10K in solid gold coins (2015 value, more like $40K). I foolishly told the woman I would split the coins with her if they were there ... guess I didn't have enough faith in my own powers of deduction. So, she immediately said she wanted to keep the treasure chest. I was 3000 miles away and not happy that this total stranger was so greedy - she gets $5000 for driving out to a nice beach and digging for 20 minutes in the exact spot I told her to go to, and now she wants the treasure chest too?

Anyway ... when it looked like it would be tough prying it out of her greedy hands I called Judge Judy and left a message. They didn't call back for three weeks then a producer called all excited and said they had been on vacation but they really wanted to do my case.

By that time, I had called Forbes and said "I'm the winner, right? And any side deal with this beyotch is none of your concern, right?" And they said "right" So I said, send all the gold to me and I'll pay her. So they did, and I emailed her and said "great news, I have all the gold and will send you your share as soon as you send me my treasure chest."

So, I never ended up going on JJ. It probably would have made for an interesting episode with buried treasure and all that. Forbes paid some props wrangler $700 to find this treasure chest but frankly I have seen wooden chests identical to it at the Goodwill for $8.99 or less. Still, it would have been fun to stand there and watch Judge Judy chew this greedy beyotch a new a-hole. Because she actually said to me after finding the treasure chest "I wouldn't have gone out there to look for less than half." REALLY? She runs adventure charter day tours off the coast of Florida and is lucky if she makes $300 a DAY, but she wouldn't spend a half hour going to the beach with her dog in a jeep for less than FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS?

Thing is, I know JJ reviews documents submitted before the parties appear before her, so I would have written up my facts in a way that really punched up how greedy this woman was.

The nice bonus of all this is that I started running puzzle hunts after that, and developed quite a profitable business doing corporate puzzle hunts. To this day, nearly 16 years later, I'm still doing it. And the money's really good. So I guess I got the last laugh.

by Anonymousreply 282February 15, 2015 7:47 AM

Not to hijack, but I'm stunned that the OP was paid by the show!

I live on the East Coast, and when I was on Jeopardy (1990's, but still), I had to pay for airfare, hotel, cab ride to studio, everything!

Sue me, OP!

by Anonymousreply 283February 15, 2015 7:59 AM

The people and their complaints might be real but it's fake in the sense that it's not a real court case. I know the producers will contact people who have already filed cases in small claims court and convince them to be on the show, but they also tell them to act out so that Judge Judy will have a reason to yell, because why would a defendant argue at all when they know the show is paying the plantiff? Is it supposed to be about the principle of the matter? Is it worth the trouble for your paltry appearance fee? Although, if a defendant was defiant by not arguing, that would probably still make for good television. The producers win no matter what, unfortunately.

I only really understand going on from a plantiff's POV because you're guaranteed to receive payment if you win and you get to potentially embarrass the person you're suing, but then again if someone was suing you and you didn't want to pay, going there would get you out of it so there's that too, I guess. Then again, again, you have to deal with a woman who's borderline senile.

Bonus questions: Why is it that only on Fridays are the cases with all black people shown? Are these cases being unceremoniously dumped? Do more black people watch on Fridays?

by Anonymousreply 284February 15, 2015 8:38 AM

R282/Fiona, you picked some random stranger to help you locate a buried treasure? You have more trust than I ever would.

by Anonymousreply 285February 15, 2015 8:49 AM

This Never Happened !!!

by Anonymousreply 286February 15, 2015 10:38 AM

Last week on "The People's Court" two black women who each weighed at least 300 pounds claimed their sofa collapsed. Wanna bet to avoid being accused of weight or racial discrimination, Marilyn ruled in their favor? Store had to return their $900.

by Anonymousreply 287February 15, 2015 11:42 AM

marilyn was correctto do that each section of a couch is designed to hold 600 lbs awih each arem rrest an additional one hundred. simple math i a regular couch should hold 2000 lbs. (600 x 3) + 200. duh

by Anonymousreply 288February 15, 2015 12:59 PM

I think Judge Judy is fantastic. All the other TV judges are duds, she's the divine firecrackah and I've never seen her condescend gay litigants, she tears every ass fair and square.

by Anonymousreply 289February 15, 2015 1:38 PM

If the show is paying the verdict, the show has a conflict of interest.

by Anonymousreply 290February 15, 2015 2:05 PM

IF OP IS REAL:

He may have realized that exposing himself any further, i. e. letting all of Datalounge know exactly when the show would air, would only spell trouble for him, as he would have relinquished all anonymity and not the IDunno or Voice Of The Night way, but ALL his anonimity.

It would be a matter of seconds before snide DL sleuths would have published his address and phone number, and inured before someone was at his door. Remember Kelli and Jodi? How long did it take for the magnificent DL Nancy Drews to crack those identities (or in the case of Jodi, EST falsehoods) open, not before causing some damage along the way?

IF OP IS AN EST:

Well Bravo for him, especially since it can still be true that an episode with woks and audition reprimands aired and OP simply borrowed his EST material from such episode - notice how people who recall the episode having aired seem to remember it doing so a while ago and are not sure if it may have been before this thread started.

IF OP IS DEAD:

RIP

IF THERE ARE ANY MEXICANS IN THE GROUP:

Why Buaynose Deeass!

by Anonymousreply 291February 15, 2015 2:12 PM

Inured >> minutes

by Anonymousreply 292February 15, 2015 2:16 PM

[quote]This Never Happened !!!

Since the webmaster said he didn't want people to post this bullcrap like EST accusations, this gives everyone the opportunity to flag FF at R286.

by Anonymousreply 293February 15, 2015 2:30 PM

R293 I bet it drives you crazy that you don't have that illusion of control in the real world, right?

by Anonymousreply 294February 15, 2015 2:43 PM

Long before it was popular Judy was for gay marriage and has performed nuptials. Does anyone remember the famous couple she married?

by Anonymousreply 295February 15, 2015 3:34 PM

Michael Feinstein and Terrence Flannery.

by Anonymousreply 296February 15, 2015 3:40 PM

Thanks for your speedy reply, 296.

by Anonymousreply 297February 15, 2015 4:19 PM

Anyone happen to know either of the bitchy boys from the second case?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298February 27, 2015 4:16 AM

Can we do a "Let's pretend..." we're the plaintiff or defendant on Judge Judy or Peoples Court?

Yes, I'm the:

by Anonymousreply 299February 27, 2015 4:28 AM

LOL R287....

but were they flashing their boobies?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300March 1, 2015 2:01 AM

Did anyone ever see this episode?

by Anonymousreply 301July 23, 2020 1:40 PM

This thread is nearly ten year old. I wonder if OP is still embarrassed?

by Anonymousreply 302July 23, 2020 1:45 PM

Apparently OP died

by Anonymousreply 303July 23, 2020 1:47 PM

Of embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 304July 23, 2020 1:47 PM

I love Judge Judy. She’s a human lie detector.

by Anonymousreply 305July 23, 2020 2:25 PM

Please someone find this clip!

by Anonymousreply 306July 23, 2020 3:09 PM

I'll actually forgive the 2015 bump troll this time, because she bumped a thread all the way from 2012.

Nice work.

by Anonymousreply 307July 23, 2020 3:10 PM

Instead of charging Donald Trump and family with all the crimes they have committed, I would settle for all the people he's wronged over the years taking him to tv court-- preferably one run by a black lady judge. That would provide years of entertainment for us and humiliation for him.

by Anonymousreply 308July 23, 2020 3:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!