Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How to Survive a Plague

Just saw it at the SF International Film Festival. Fought back tears the whole way through.

by Anonymousreply 4606/29/2015

I'm not anxious to see this. Just reading your description makes me feel "fragile."

by Anonymousreply 104/26/2012

I liked it better when it was called "Contagion", and I was in it.

by Anonymousreply 609/18/2012

Go fuck yourself, R8.

by Anonymousreply 911/12/2012

The one commentator in the documentary seemed to be "all about me" ... you know which one I mean. Somehow the AIDS epidemic centered around his inability to find love and romance in 70s SF. Not surprisngly, he ends up with a much younger "partner" at the end of the film - all of which he attributes to his newfound appreciation of life ... gag.

by Anonymousreply 1211/12/2012

Well R14, if you're the one speaking for your generation, I feel sorry for all of you.

by Anonymousreply 1612/27/2012

I guess at this point I'm an eldergay.

I am part of a community of gays that was outraged by the governments seemly insensitive treatment of us when we were in need.

That community created groups like GMHC and Actup and dedicated ourselves to demanding that we be treated humanly.

And then on the weekends we infected each other. It too bad we didn't demand humane treatment from each other.

by Anonymousreply 2112/30/2012

Interesting r21 but watch out for the torches that are going to come after you.

by Anonymousreply 2212/30/2012

Of all the gay rights/AIDS documentaries I've seen, How to Survive a Plague is the least compelling. I did not like the doc at all.

by Anonymousreply 2902/23/2013

Odd how the guy says 1993-1995 were the worst years "most terrifying". I'd have thought the earlier years were worse.

Do you think Act Up really deserves as much credit as Larry Kramer says it does at the end?

by Anonymousreply 3604/27/2013

Peter Staley was smoking hot.

by Anonymousreply 4606/29/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!