Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

White gay men and shoes

I'm circulating the memo because enough is enough:

1.) Enough boat shoes! With white socks to boot! Unless you're over sixty and very nautical, there's no excuse to be clinging on to some preppie fad from the eighties. And don't even get me started on the white socks. Everyone knows it's tan or cream colored socks with any type of brown shoe. White should only be worn with a sneaker or a shoe if you are in that grunge look. None of that applies to what I've just addressed.

2.) Flip flops NEED to go. Your feet are not that good. The world will adjust to not looking at the glory of your crusty nails and calloused heels. Most of you have never properly learned how to tan or moisterize your feet anyways. And flip flops are so declasse.

Let's start elevating the culture again, okay? Enough with these raggedy quirks.

And keep it moving with the negativity. Don't hate on me, cause I keep my shit fine. Hello!

by Anonymousreply 139April 19, 2021 11:45 PM

So black guys can wear flip flops?

by Anonymousreply 1April 18, 2012 1:18 AM

Those Sperry Topsiders have been around a lot longer than the 80s. But now they're consigned to preppie-dom.

I'm with you on the fungus. If your feet gross you out, they'll probably gross out anyone else who is looking. Personally, I don't look at feet. I look at asses.

by Anonymousreply 2April 18, 2012 1:18 AM

Nobody wants to see your old bitchy queen feet anyway. Also everyone stopped using hello! 15 years ago. Try and keep up.

by Anonymousreply 3April 18, 2012 1:20 AM

Moisterize?

by Anonymousreply 4April 18, 2012 1:22 AM

I will never understand WHY gay men (or anyone else, for that matter) wear flip-flops in NYC, of all places. I mean have they ever looked down at the filthy dirty streets here? No way in hell I would let my bare skin come in such close contact. It's kind of like drinking water from the East River.

by Anonymousreply 5April 18, 2012 1:24 AM

What if we don't give a flying shit?

by Anonymousreply 6April 18, 2012 1:24 AM

OP, stop being a racist tool.

by Anonymousreply 7April 18, 2012 1:29 AM

Apparently OP has never walked around Georgetown.

by Anonymousreply 8April 18, 2012 1:34 AM

OP -- I am not going to throw around any slurs about your possible age, but I think you are out of touch with fashion right now. Boat shoes have made a universal comeback in men's fashion in the last 18 months, and are now a staple, along with Oxfords and lace-ups in general. (A very expensive trend as good lace-ups are pricey.) Very much out of fashion are sneakers generally, especially the colorful ones that were so fashionable in the early/mid 2000s. You'll also notice pants are worn with absolutely no break or cuff. These are basics of men's fashion right now if you pick up any issue of GQ or Details.

Flip flops are a very straight young athletic male accessory, and not really going anywhere either.

Hope this helps OP.

by Anonymousreply 9April 18, 2012 1:44 AM

OP wipes back to front.

by Anonymousreply 10April 18, 2012 2:12 AM

Dudes should not wear open toed shoes outside their own house or at the beach/pool. It's either gross, unmanly, or geeky to see men's feet in public.

by Anonymousreply 11April 18, 2012 3:02 AM

r9, I take it you are not in mainstream America. You sound like you don't get out beyond the elite neighborhoods of big cities. Sneakers definitely remain huge in mainstream America. Guys even wear them in the office with khakis and dress pants.

by Anonymousreply 12April 18, 2012 3:05 AM

R12, I hope you're joking. Sneakers don't belong in an office setting. Have some class, sneaker wearers.

by Anonymousreply 13April 18, 2012 3:11 AM

jump op! jump!

by Anonymousreply 14April 18, 2012 3:11 AM

You're right, R12, I am young, make a lot of money, and live in a big city. I am perfectly aware that men who do not care about style wear New Balance sneakers to work and tuck in their Hanes Beefy T's. We're talking about style, not clothing.

by Anonymousreply 15April 18, 2012 3:12 AM

Wingtips, I want a pair of wingtips. ...would they look ok with jeans? ...a tad retro classic.

by Anonymousreply 16April 18, 2012 3:17 AM

My 12 year-old nephew just bought himself a pair of Sperry Topsiders, a classic shoe, really.

Flip-flops are disgusting on men. Hairy feet, dirty, rough heels, crooked toes, yuck.

by Anonymousreply 17April 18, 2012 3:19 AM

R16 this is a look I see on tons of young, fashionable guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 18, 2012 3:21 AM

"Let's start elevating the culture again, okay?"

I AGREE!

by Anonymousreply 19April 18, 2012 3:27 AM

Depends on where you work, but I think it could look sharp, R16.

by Anonymousreply 20April 18, 2012 3:28 AM

These Kenneth Cole loafers look best to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 18, 2012 3:32 AM

those are great shoes r18 (as they should be, for $500)

by Anonymousreply 22April 18, 2012 3:33 AM

"Don't hate on me."

So, OP, you seem to be saying there's something wrong with displaying the kind of negativity your post shows.

If you don't want people to "hate on" you, you might consider not getting your panties in a bunch because of what other people--people who have no discernable reason to care what you think about them--are doing when it has no effect whatsoever on your life.

I have a feeling that, whether you comprehend it or not, you have more important issues than what adults choose to wear on their feet.

by Anonymousreply 23April 18, 2012 3:35 AM

r21, those scream made in china..

by Anonymousreply 24April 18, 2012 3:40 AM

Kenneth Cole used to make decent shoes. I'm amazed how the quality has plummeted. Now they all seem to be made in china (surprise) of really cheap leather. I returned a pair because i'm certain they were not leather even though they were marked as such. They smelled and felt synthetic.

by Anonymousreply 25April 18, 2012 3:44 AM

I'm F&F'ing this racist thread.

by Anonymousreply 26April 18, 2012 3:47 AM

They're my feet. I'll wear what I want. There's nothing you can do about it.

by Anonymousreply 27April 18, 2012 3:47 AM

[quote]Let's start elevating the culture again, okay

read a book

by Anonymousreply 28April 18, 2012 3:47 AM

There's some valid input here. I think it depends on where you're going. I play a lot of beach volleyball, so I own several pairs of flip-flops. I also wear them to the park and patio/rooftop bars during the day. If I'm going to a game, usually sneakers. If I'm going out for the evening, to dinner or a bar/club, definitely something leather & lace-up. I also own a nice pair of Timberland boat shoes, but I do not wear them with white socks. What a horrible look. Topsiders are meant to be worn without socks, period.

I went to Opening Day at Coors Field in Denver last week and was shocked to see the number of guys (young & old) in flip-flops who SHOULD NOT have been wearing flip-flops. Gross, unmanicured, unmoisturized, chalky white feet. Absolutely nasty. I know it's the traditional rite of spring and all, but do a little maintenance first, guys! It should be a public responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 29April 18, 2012 3:47 AM

Flip-flops forever!!!

OP, you're a moron.

If someone is wearing shoes in the town where I live, it usually means they have jury duty or they're going to a funeral. Living a few blocks from the beach will always be wonderfully casual.

by Anonymousreply 30April 18, 2012 3:48 AM

R24 is typing that as he chows down on 5 boxes of fried rice...as an appetizer.

by Anonymousreply 31April 18, 2012 3:51 AM

R12, you type like a total asshole. I bet you are. And I bet you don't "make a lot of money," either. Your parochial, elitist bullshit fashion sense is stinking up this thread.

by Anonymousreply 32April 18, 2012 4:21 AM

Sorry, OP began with a broadside against fashion trends that are pretty normal to me, and R12's great response is that plenty of slobs in America don't care about fashion.

So -- what's the point of this thread? Fashion scares OP? I didn't drop the "eldergay" bomb but the man used the term "grunge." He's one decade away from scolding young men for wearing dungarees in the city when a real gentleman wears a nice pair of slacks.

Pick up a men's magazine, OP -- boat shoes are not some weird trend that came out of nowhere just to annoy you.

by Anonymousreply 33April 18, 2012 4:37 AM

What a stupid tool OP demonstrates to be. It's ok to wear pants below your physical shitter, but please don't wear topsiders and/or white sox.

OP, you're like the stupid prostitute who rims sucks and tosses a mean salad, but insists on wearing shower shoes when taking a shower.

by Anonymousreply 34April 18, 2012 4:38 AM

r15, if you have a prissy effeminate guy sense of style, so be it, but don't despise mainstream dude either.

by Anonymousreply 35April 18, 2012 2:17 PM

What's green and smells like Miss Piggy?

Kermit's finger.

by Anonymousreply 36April 18, 2012 2:23 PM

"Anyways" OP your entire post both word use and spelling are doing more to bring down our culture than any pair of shoes possibly could.

by Anonymousreply 37April 18, 2012 2:48 PM

I wanna know whoever thought it would be acceptable to wear black half-socks (or worse, no-shows) with dress shoes, shirt and tie! I see younger guys doing this all the time and it looks like hell. Go buy some friggin big boy socks for yourself. Grow up!

by Anonymousreply 38April 18, 2012 9:51 PM

Flip Flops were meant to be beachwear...thats' why they have no support whatsoever. They were not meant for city street walking.

by Anonymousreply 39April 18, 2012 9:52 PM

Nothing wrong with boat shoes in moderation, but Sperry's have gone to Hell now that they're made in China, and I notice that the current fad are leather bot shoes with white soles--that looks stupid.

I would love a pair of Quoddy's (see link), but I'm not sure how much is real quality and how much is hype. Any reviews or suggestions for other brands I should consider?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 18, 2012 9:59 PM

I take care of my feet, and my toes aren't crooked or calloused or fungusy, op. I wear flip-flops year round and will continue to do so.

by Anonymousreply 41April 18, 2012 10:09 PM

I love R9. His fashion observations are spot on.

I do not understand the fashion haters on DL. It's one thing to be ignorant about current fashion trends, like the OP. But fashion seems to make some of you angry.

Like the OP.

by Anonymousreply 42April 18, 2012 10:21 PM

I bought these boat style sneakers at DSW last summer and I get more complements on them than any other shoes I wear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 18, 2012 10:31 PM

Thanks R42. I am not the most fashionable guy. I do not have the rail thin body that is suited for current trends. Tapered or even straight leg jeans do not look very flattering if you have even the hint of a gut.

Sockless dress shoes are indeed big this spring. A hard trend to pull off for people with difficult feet (like me). A very relaxed warm-weather look when paired with a pair of pants that are hemmed higher than normal.

Did a lot of shopping recently and everywhere you look is that really saturated shade of orange that probably has a name but I can't think of it. It's incorporated into plaids and also used as a solid in cardigans, shorts, pants, everything. Also saw a lot of blue nylon windbreakers and bomber jackets. Was pretty shocked at the price of clothes... everything is more expensive.

by Anonymousreply 44April 18, 2012 10:50 PM

OP,when you start paying my bills I'll start worry about if what I wear offends you. Go find a real problem to get worked up about.

by Anonymousreply 45April 18, 2012 10:50 PM

They aren't wearing half socks or no-shows. They are wearing cheap socks that have fallen down on their feet.

by Anonymousreply 46April 18, 2012 10:58 PM

r40, hasn't the classic Sperry Topsider style always been dark brown with white soles?

Love my Timberland Classic 2-Eye. Dark brown with a more neutral sole.

by Anonymousreply 47April 19, 2012 6:32 AM

I refuse to wear nerd, girly, or geek shoes.

by Anonymousreply 48April 19, 2012 11:45 AM

It's "footwear", OP. Don't make that mistake at the meeting.

by Anonymousreply 49April 19, 2012 11:54 AM

OP, my greek yogurt has more culture than you.

by Anonymousreply 50April 19, 2012 12:00 PM

Yeah, can't get into the flip-flops thing. Take issue on Topsiders 'tho. Have 'em brown, black, blue and fuzzy-lined for winter. I imagine it's a, well, strata thing about taste for these. Check out the Sperry site ... lots of styles.

Taste and styles change with the seasons. Skinny jeans turned up/w no socks and laced wingtips? Someone'll see this in an ad and think it cool. Then another, then another, then everywhere you look. Until the next thing comes along.

For me, Topsiders are casual. Only. For the office it has to be a laced leather shoe. With suits, wing-tips or plain 20-pound cordovans.

by Anonymousreply 51April 19, 2012 12:38 PM

I wear socks with sandals just to antagonize people like the OP.

by Anonymousreply 52April 19, 2012 1:29 PM

I will never wear flip-flops. Why give my stalkers satisfaction.

I hope you remember me.

by Anonymousreply 53April 19, 2012 1:37 PM

I have an excuse OP. I live in the South near a yacht club so flip flops and boat shoes are de rigueur here. Shorts, tees, and flip flops are the most anyone dresses up.

by Anonymousreply 54April 19, 2012 3:56 PM

I've painted the soles on all my shoes Chinese red. ...I know they're not Loobytawns, but it makes me feel special.

by Anonymousreply 55April 20, 2012 5:30 AM

Did a lot of shopping today. Noticed there are dress shoes now that have an elastic band under the tongue, and are meant to be worn without laces. Kind of a casual take on the Oxford. Prada had some very pricey ones but there were cheaper versions. Seemed like a great way to dress up a casual look or dress down a formal one so I grabbed a pair.

Also went jean shopping. Looked at all the expensive brands. Joe's was my favorite. They have a denim that is super thin, super light, and super soft. Like trousers, instead of stiff thick Levi's-style jeans.

So many pretty things that are so expensive. Especially shoes.

by Anonymousreply 56April 20, 2012 5:36 AM

Chung Ho see asses in pants by knees and think that is dumb but Americans like gansta wrappers who wear the clothes as such. Who cares what you wear as long as you can be gayness.

by Anonymousreply 57April 20, 2012 7:20 AM

tOpen Toe Nigga t a soft ass nigga that wears flip-flops/flippy-floppy, sandals, or any type open toes shoes.

soft=effeminate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 20, 2012 3:13 PM

Once again DL shows its average age of 60+ in this thread.

If you're all that old then why bother to comment on fashions you don't understand?

Agree with the poster who stated that OP and other older posters in this thread seem angry.

by Anonymousreply 59April 22, 2012 10:06 PM

OP, you've overlooked a far uglier phenomenon.

Dear khaki pantsed straight men: Please stop wearing fucking tube socks/athletic socks with black dress shoes. Or brown dress shoes. OR ANY DRESS SHOES.

Even the Wal Mart has a few cheap pair of dark socks. For fucks sake, buy them.

sincerely, The Rest Of The World That Actually Has Taste

by Anonymousreply 60April 22, 2012 10:25 PM

R56, are you talking about something like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 22, 2012 10:33 PM

Wingtip is an American term for a shoe with a type of brogue.

The shoe in r61 would be a half-brogue oxford.

The shoe in r19 would be a half-brogue darby.

The link is to the Pediwear glossary; it is a treasure trove of men's shoe minutiae.

I have bought six pairs of shoes from them and am very happy with the Loake 1880 line. Handmade, not bespoke, yet affordable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 22, 2012 10:52 PM

Stunning, R61. Too bad it's over $600, cause it's gorgeous.

I wear jeans all the time but love to mix it up with a classic dress shoe.

by Anonymousreply 63April 22, 2012 10:58 PM

John Lobb for me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 22, 2012 11:14 PM

[quote]Most of you have never properly learned how to tan or moisterize your feet anyways.

You tan your feet?

by Anonymousreply 65April 22, 2012 11:22 PM

R59 There's nothing remotely current in what I described. Your must really be old.

As to being angry. No, not really. Just commenting on extremely bad taste. Learn from the youth.

But if it makes you happy to wear it, rock on gramps!

by Anonymousreply 66April 23, 2012 12:03 AM

Girls! Girls! You're both hideous!

by Anonymousreply 67April 23, 2012 12:24 AM

Sneakers will never go out of style. To suggest such shows how out of touch one is with the youth of today. A good pair of sneakers can always go with a good pair of jeans. And the men my age rock them like no one has been able to ever rock them.

Flip flops are tacky. There are plenty of different kinds of sandals one can wear which "dress the feet up" so to speak a lot better. A good pair of Birkenstocks would even do the trick. Flip flops scream "Wal-Mart" not to mention they don't do a good job of keeping the foot secure in the first place.

And OF COURSE one should always tan or at the very least regularly moisterize their feet if they're going to display them. But apparently, it's too much effort to get the toenails cut. Presentation is the key. Good feet says a lot about you.

by Anonymousreply 68April 23, 2012 12:24 AM

Black dudes very rarely wear flip flops or any open-toed shoes. If a black guy wears flip flops, you bet he hangs around a lot of whites.

by Anonymousreply 69April 24, 2012 1:48 AM

I'm so glad I'm old enough not to care what you think.

by Anonymousreply 70April 24, 2012 2:07 AM

[quote]Sneakers will never go out of style.

Sneakers certainly are out of fashion among the young and fashionable today. The ones worn are very understated -- low profile Chuck Taylors, some laced Vans, no bright colors or flashy patterns. As I explained earlier, this is in marked contrast to the candy colored sneakers that were in fashion for years.

So, OP, sneakers will never go out of style, except when they do, as they have.

I hope this helps.

by Anonymousreply 71April 24, 2012 5:52 AM

r71, you seem to know nothing about mainstream America. Dudes are rockin sneakers more than ever, to the office, at church, and even at weddings. And Nike and Under Armour sales continue to skyrocket.

by Anonymousreply 72April 24, 2012 2:41 PM

I can't date dudes who wear nerd or girly shoes. Gotta have shoe swag, man!

by Anonymousreply 73June 1, 2012 11:23 PM

M

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74December 30, 2014 6:05 PM

I have plantar fasciitis and heelspurs. I'll wear whatever damn shoes I feel like.

by Anonymousreply 75December 30, 2014 6:29 PM

What's with all of the white bashing on this site? Jeezus!

by Anonymousreply 76December 30, 2014 6:36 PM

I see so many men wearing flip-flops on the filthy, piss-filled streets of NYC. WTF are they thinking? Why would they want their bare feet exposed on these nasty streets?

by Anonymousreply 77December 30, 2014 6:56 PM

R76,

Every 2-3 years people create a post like this "bashing" white men.

by Anonymousreply 78December 30, 2014 9:07 PM

Dear idiot at R69

Come visit Harlem in the summer.

by Anonymousreply 79December 31, 2014 12:34 PM

[quote]Flip-flops are disgusting on men. Hairy feet, dirty, rough heels, crooked toes, yuck.

Where do you live? In Hobbiton Village?

by Anonymousreply 80December 31, 2014 1:46 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 81October 29, 2015 9:28 AM

Jump

by Anonymousreply 82December 13, 2016 7:12 PM

Old ass= OP.

by Anonymousreply 83December 13, 2016 8:28 PM

Umps

by Anonymousreply 84January 10, 2017 5:09 AM

Boat shoes are embarrassingly FUG.

Flip flops worn anywhere but on the beach = Douchey.

R9 Just because some idiot stylist says that rolled up shorts or pants aren't trendy, doesn't mean anything. I've been to Europe every year for the past decade and these fools ALL have rolled up shorts and pants. Besides, what is more trendy and style-making is to NOT follow some corny stylist's choices.

by Anonymousreply 85January 10, 2017 5:23 AM

^^ Btw, I'm not condoning that rolled up look, CHEESEY. ^^

by Anonymousreply 86January 10, 2017 5:26 AM

OP, your inability to spell properly says far more about you than your obsession with footwear and grooming your feet.

by Anonymousreply 87January 10, 2017 5:46 AM

Who are the moisturizing trolls? Guys don't do that.

by Anonymousreply 88January 10, 2017 5:49 AM

"I can't date dudes who wear nerd or girly shoes."

This reminds me. I have to find a pair of patent leather spike heeled Birkenstocks.

by Anonymousreply 89January 10, 2017 6:37 AM

r85 = Jerry Seinfeld

by Anonymousreply 90January 10, 2017 4:18 PM

Bottoms tend to wear a male equivalent of women's clothes (sleeveless shirts, shorts, etc), and flip flops are just an extension of that.

by Anonymousreply 91January 10, 2017 4:38 PM

OP, I no bind my feet for you!

by Anonymousreply 92January 10, 2017 7:47 PM

OP is Mrs. Maude Findlay of Tuckahoe, NY.

by Anonymousreply 93January 10, 2017 7:48 PM

I wear a size 16 or 17 so if I find a shoe that fits and isn't expensive I'll buy it. Don't care what they look like.

by Anonymousreply 94January 10, 2017 8:03 PM

The Italians call tourists “piedi neri,” (black feet) they think USA tourists dress really badly?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95January 10, 2017 8:44 PM

B_ump

by Anonymousreply 96February 6, 2017 2:45 AM

fuck off

by Anonymousreply 97February 6, 2017 3:18 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98November 27, 2017 7:33 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99November 27, 2017 7:34 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100November 27, 2017 10:02 PM

This thread is pretty funny given that most DL "where do you shop" threads eventually center on the former joys of JC Penney and the Gap and the current joys of J. Crew and Banana Republic. Throw in a couple of Maiden Aunts harping on how men over 40 shouldn't wear "blue jeans".

In other words, DL gays fashion sensibility is about as mainstream as it gets.

by Anonymousreply 101November 27, 2017 10:09 PM

I don't get what nerdy, dorky shoes are exactly?

by Anonymousreply 102November 27, 2017 10:15 PM

R9 knows what's up.

by Anonymousreply 103November 28, 2017 2:20 AM

FWIW, R103, R9 wrote that post back in 2012.

by Anonymousreply 104November 28, 2017 2:23 AM

So are sneakers in style or not?

by Anonymousreply 105November 28, 2017 8:45 AM

Dear R105, if you have to ask, please turn back your gay card.

by Anonymousreply 106November 28, 2017 9:32 AM

I wear sandals during the long hot summers, because wearing closed shoes makes me feel significantly hotter.

When the temp is over 100 for weeks at a time and wearing sandals makes me feel cooler, anyone who doesn't like the sight of my bare toes can go fuck themselves.

by Anonymousreply 107November 28, 2017 11:00 AM

So what OP is saying is that white gay men are men and other gay men aren't?

by Anonymousreply 108November 28, 2017 11:11 AM

Belgian Loafers are my shoes of choice. If you have to ask....

by Anonymousreply 109November 28, 2017 11:22 AM
by Anonymousreply 110March 6, 2018 4:23 PM

"[A]nyone who doesn't like the sight of my bare toes can go fuck themselves." R107 has stated her boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 111March 6, 2018 7:56 PM

What kind of mental disease is OP suffering from?

by Anonymousreply 112March 6, 2018 7:59 PM

The obsession bottom shave with flip flops is quite disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 113March 6, 2018 8:07 PM

What ???

by Anonymousreply 114March 6, 2018 8:13 PM

I live in Southern CA. Some of us wear flip flops all year round, or close to it. What's considered "trashy" or "tacky" can vary quite a bit based on local climates and local trends. Would I wear flip flops in Buffalo in the fall? No. Would I wear them around town in LA or OC? Yep. Along with shorts and a t-shirt unless the temperature drops below the low-mid 60's. Do I care what anyone thinks? No. I have enough confidence in myself to not be controlled by other people's meaningless opinions on what I "should" do or wear. Anyone who doesn't like it can simply refrain from looking at me.

by Anonymousreply 115March 6, 2018 8:14 PM

But is it not very bad for your feet and posture R115 ? What about birtenstock ? Do you have them in the US ? Are they popular ?

by Anonymousreply 116March 6, 2018 8:17 PM

No, R116, it's not bad for your feet and posture if you get decent quality. The solid leather ones from Rainbow Sandals (a local SoCa company that's been in business since 1974) are great...they have arches and they adjust to your feet when you wear them a lot. Last forever. Another decent brand is Tommy Bahama. For people who don't understand the laid-back beachy lifestyle maybe this is all **gasp** too "casual" but I don't really ever want to go back to a harsh mid-west or east coast climate where leaving the house requires putting on multiple layers of clothing. I just keep my flip flops by the door and slip into them as I'm running out the door.

by Anonymousreply 117March 6, 2018 8:28 PM

R117 you are incredibly sexy

by Anonymousreply 118March 6, 2018 8:31 PM

Haha, ok thanks (?) R118.

by Anonymousreply 119March 6, 2018 8:35 PM

Yes. You are so confident. I am also a little bit into feet. Not to suck them or anything kinky but I like men's feet. I am caucasian 5 '11, 136 lb, brown eyes/hair, lightly haired, very muscular, fat free, former model, bubble butt and a total bottom. You ?

by Anonymousreply 120March 6, 2018 8:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121March 16, 2018 2:13 PM

I where boat shoes, sorry. and I'm old, so fuck off

flip flops are for the beach or the shower. as street wear they are ugh, dirty

by Anonymousreply 122March 16, 2018 2:15 PM

[quote]The world will adjust to not looking at the glory of your crusty nails and calloused heels.

Try looking at the feet of our black brothers. Gag

by Anonymousreply 123March 16, 2018 2:41 PM

I wear nice shoes to work and when I go out socially unless it's a very casual thing where wearing shorts is perfectly acceptable. For those outings, or when I am just knocking about, I wear Birkenstocks, boat shoes (never with socks though) or sneakers (with socks -- low rise wool in the summer, midcalf wool in winter. Never white cotton). Not a fan of flip flops, I don't like that thing between my toes.

I take excellent care of my feet. I do a foot bath weekly, soaking my feet in hot water with a couple of drops of tea tree oil. I use a pumice stone and nail brush. Afterwards, I clip my nails and rub coconut oil into my cuticles and on the soles of my feet. Soft and smooth.

by Anonymousreply 124March 16, 2018 2:50 PM
by Anonymousreply 125March 20, 2018 3:53 AM

👞

by Anonymousreply 126December 27, 2018 2:08 AM

While I agree with OP on some of his points, I look forward to the day that when OP finally realizes the world doesn't give one shit what he likes and doesn't like, people will just go on doing what they like.

by Anonymousreply 127December 27, 2018 2:12 AM

This thread is over 6 1/2 years old!

by Anonymousreply 128December 27, 2018 2:29 AM

But balloon capri pants are still OK, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129December 27, 2018 2:46 AM

No r129

by Anonymousreply 130July 29, 2019 9:40 AM

I’ll fucking wear flip flops if I want.

by Anonymousreply 131July 29, 2019 9:57 AM

I have navy blue Topsiders on now. No socks. If I wear them in cold weather, I wear black socks.

by Anonymousreply 132July 29, 2019 10:17 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 133December 15, 2019 8:58 AM

Unless maybe or on very near a boat, boat shoes announce "asshole!"

They are, however, preferable to those precious Tod's, the symbol of pretentious piano bar queens who can't take three steps without brand-name dropping

[quote]Flip-flops are disgusting on men. Hairy feet, dirty, rough heels, crooked toes, yuck.

Hairy? For fuck's sake, men have hairy feet.

by Anonymousreply 134December 15, 2019 9:43 AM

Shower slides have taken market share away from flip flops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 15, 2019 9:59 AM

r25 I had a pair of Kenneth Cole NY shoes that were cool and the back of one collapsed within 10-15 wearings. Had to throw them out because I bought them a long time ago. Meanwhile, they have that garbage Kenneth Cole "Unlisted" brand which sells shoes for $20 on sale at Macys and they're all synthetic garbage.

by Anonymousreply 136December 15, 2019 10:05 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137February 20, 2021 5:03 AM

👞👞

by Anonymousreply 138April 18, 2021 4:46 AM

👟 Colton Underwood

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139April 19, 2021 11:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!