Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia"

I know I'm late to the show but have been watching it in syndication on Conedy Central and local programming and love it. All of the main characters are despicable and the situations are so wrong and so politically incorrect but so funny. Anyone else like the show? What are your favorite episodes?

by Anonymousreply 205July 22, 2018 4:02 AM

I watch "Sunny/Philadelphia" sporadically since I'm so caught up in all things political these days. However, I think the show is hysterical. The characters often despicable and rotten, but they're so good at it.

I don't really have a favorite episode since I don't watch it enough, but it's a hell of a lot better than most shows on the air. Very funny.

by Anonymousreply 1April 17, 2012 3:45 AM

Love the show and would eagerly sleep with all three of the guys. (But I haven't seen the ones where Mac was fat. Is he back to a more normal weight now?)

by Anonymousreply 2April 17, 2012 3:47 AM

Rob Mcelhenney is reason enough to watch, even when put on weight!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 17, 2012 3:51 AM

I LOOVE Dennis's hairiness.

Come to think of it, all three of them are hairy, aren't they? Delicious.

by Anonymousreply 4April 17, 2012 4:02 AM

Watched the first 3 seasons and liked it, but now that I don't have a lot of TV time, it's not a "must watch".

by Anonymousreply 5April 17, 2012 4:28 AM

On Comedy Central tonight, they had "The Gang Sells Out" and they take a corporate guy who wants to buy the bar to a strip club where he announces he's gay. Dennis, Mac and Frank then spend a few minutes debating twinks and bears, tops and power bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 6April 17, 2012 4:28 AM

I'm just discovering it in syndication, and I enjoy it, but I can only take it in small doses, maybe one episode per week. Not sure why.

by Anonymousreply 7April 17, 2012 5:03 AM

Why did Mac gain weight in the later series, was it because the actor was doing something else or did he just get fat? It's funny because Mac always talked about going to the gym and working out, being ripped, etc and he looked out of shape.

by Anonymousreply 8April 17, 2012 2:22 PM

I prefer him as a slightly pudgy bear of a guy. I'd love to fuck Charlie day too

by Anonymousreply 9April 17, 2012 2:30 PM

There is an episode that explains why Mac got fat. I think he looked kinda sexy even when heavy.

by Anonymousreply 10April 17, 2012 2:38 PM

I nearly broke my spleen laughing at Mac's real name.

by Anonymousreply 11April 17, 2012 2:40 PM

[quote]Why did Mac gain weight in the later series, was it because the actor was doing something else or did he just get fat?

He gained the weight because he believed that he'd be funnier with more weight. No, really.

by Anonymousreply 12April 17, 2012 2:40 PM

Oh and he gained the weight when his wife got pregnant. Probably eating along with her and being terrified to have a kid, that's going to put on weight quickly.

by Anonymousreply 13April 17, 2012 2:41 PM

Love these sentences from Wikipedia:

"Despite their lack of worldly success, the Gang generally maintain high opinions of themselves and display an often obsessive interest in their own reputations and public images. Despite this high sense of self worth, the Gang often have little sense of shame when attempting to get what they want and will often engage in activities which others would find humiliating, disgusting, or even preposterous, such as smoking crack cocaine in order to qualify for welfare, seducing a priest, or hiding naked inside a leather couch in order to spy on someone."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 17, 2012 5:16 PM

Favorite? This one: smoking crack cocaine in order to qualify for welfare

by Anonymousreply 15April 17, 2012 5:38 PM

I love that episode R15.

And the real reason Mac gained weight is the actor thought it made more sense. Most people in sitcoms start looking better as the show goes on which annoys him, it makes far more sense, especially with characters like these that they start looking worse as time goes on.

And yes I think this show is quite hilarious. The episode this past season where they break into that house was gold, I laughed so hard.

by Anonymousreply 16April 17, 2012 7:11 PM

Another vote for "Dennis and Dee Go on Welfare" as a favorite episode. My other favorite is "The Gang Gives Back."

R6, I think in "The Gang Exploits the Mortgage Crisis," Mac and Dennis pose as a gay couple and argue over whether one of them is the power bottom or power top.

by Anonymousreply 17April 17, 2012 8:08 PM

I'd suck both of their cocks

by Anonymousreply 18April 17, 2012 9:35 PM

For pure comedy gold see:

THE NIGHTMAN COMETH

WHO POOPED THE BED

CHARLIE GETS MOLESTED

FRANK'S PRETTY WOMAN

by Anonymousreply 19April 17, 2012 10:10 PM

“Frank Reynolds' Little Beauties”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 17, 2012 10:27 PM

[quote]such as smoking crack cocaine in order to qualify for welfare

My favorite episode as well. So wrong, but so funny.

by Anonymousreply 21April 17, 2012 10:35 PM

Is it "Just a Friend" by Biz Markie that Dee and Dennis are loudly singing/screaming when they're sitting on the stoop drinking 40s and high on crack? That scene is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 22April 17, 2012 10:48 PM

The best part of "Charlie Gets Molested" is when Mac gets upset because their old coach never molested him when he was younger and then goes to the guy's house, pulling up his shorts as high as they can go and sitting on the couch, spreading his leg.

by Anonymousreply 23April 18, 2012 12:46 AM

Favorite episodes are "The Gang Gives Frank an Intervention," "The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis," "Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person," and "Who got Dee Pregnant?"

I love anything with Artemis in it.

by Anonymousreply 24April 18, 2012 2:53 AM

Am I the only one who thinks the show has a British feel to it? There have been a few sitcoms from England featuring main characters who have less than likeable personalities and situations which make you cringe. I could see the show doing well overseas (if it hasn't already).

by Anonymousreply 25April 18, 2012 3:39 AM

The City of Philly is probably then very British, lots about it that is fundamentally unlikeable, and despite that it is entertaining

by Anonymousreply 26April 18, 2012 4:56 AM

You want the baby boy's hole You gotta pay the troll toll

by Anonymousreply 27April 18, 2012 5:13 AM

Another thing I like about the show are the incidental characters like the woman at the "welfare store," the desk officer in "Bums: Making a Mess All Over the City," the bank employee that the guys strip for in one episode, etc. They play their small parts perfectly, usually outraged and/or bewildered by the crazy characters.

by Anonymousreply 28April 18, 2012 5:46 AM

Great show and will be seen as more and more influential as times goes on...

by Anonymousreply 29April 18, 2012 12:06 PM

"Time Capsule, Time Capsule... butt, butt butt!"

by Anonymousreply 30April 18, 2012 12:20 PM

Love how Dee and Mac are married in real life and on the show they have no romantic chemistry.

One of my favorite episodes is the trip to the Grand Canton when they never get out of Philly and Dee tosses the contents of her urine jar out the window and it just goes in the back window and goes all over Mac.

by Anonymousreply 31April 18, 2012 12:21 PM

Mac getting a boner while humping Dennis in "The Nightman Cometh"...

by Anonymousreply 32April 18, 2012 12:22 PM

There's apparently an episode of "Taxi" with a scene between DeVito and Rhea Perlman and the music in the background happens to the be the theme song to "Sunny."

by Anonymousreply 33April 18, 2012 12:27 PM

"Frank's Pretty Woman" is my favorite. I actually have it saved on my dvr. Everyone on that episode is great, especially Alanna Unbach (LEGALLY BLONDE) as the hooker, Roxie. ("Ooh. This is tighter than dick skin.")

"Dennis Looks Like a Registered Sex Offender" is also funny because Dennis (Glenn Howerton) plays a double role and he's plays a real sick puppy. Glenn Howerton and I grew up in the same town and I remember seeing him as a child actor in some local theater productions, so its kind of weird seeing him now on THAT show of all shows.

by Anonymousreply 34April 18, 2012 12:46 PM

I used to watch it for awhile but sort of lost interest in the show.

Sure, Rob is cute, even if he did put on a little weight.

by Anonymousreply 35April 18, 2012 1:10 PM

The downfall of Rickety Cricket season by season is one of the worst/most hilarious things about the show.

by Anonymousreply 36April 18, 2012 1:16 PM

The Butt Dance Remix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 18, 2012 3:46 PM

Hooooors!!

by Anonymousreply 38April 18, 2012 3:59 PM

I'm a faithful watcher, but the show is hit or miss. Some excellent hilarious episodes and scenes, then some average on uninteresting.

Among my favorite scenes in the one in lawyer's office when he's reading the will of Dennis and Dee's Mom (Frank's ex). The shit they give the lawyer - who repeats he's just reading the will - is too funny.

by Anonymousreply 39April 18, 2012 4:33 PM

I love that Miss Yvonne is Charlie's mother.

And that Mac's mom looks like a real, downtrodden, lower-class mom.

by Anonymousreply 40April 18, 2012 5:51 PM

I love the cover of "going back to Cali" -going back to Philly, that they did

by Anonymousreply 41April 18, 2012 6:12 PM

R40, Mac's mom was also on BIG LOVE as that creepy Selma transgender character.

by Anonymousreply 42April 18, 2012 6:17 PM

You gotta pay the troll toll if you want the boy's hole.

Also the Christmas special is pretty special. And horrific in a great way.

by Anonymousreply 43April 18, 2012 6:34 PM

"Charlie, I'm afraid. That dog is going to eat my face." Don't know why that one line sticks in my mind.

by Anonymousreply 44April 19, 2012 1:18 AM

Charlie could eat my face any Day

by Anonymousreply 45April 19, 2012 1:40 PM

I don't want a dog to eat my face Charlie!!

by Anonymousreply 46April 19, 2012 4:09 PM

The blanket will make the raping feel more classy.

by Anonymousreply 47April 20, 2012 3:40 AM

Tasty cakes

by Anonymousreply 48April 20, 2012 4:57 AM

When I first started watching, I kinda assumed Dennis would be the most level-headed.

Turns out he's the biggest sociopath of them all. Glenn Howerton does such a good job, especially when Dennis gets the scary eyes about talking about the rules of sex with owmen at sea.

by Anonymousreply 49April 20, 2012 4:12 PM

Speaking about how much of a sociopath Dennis can be reminds me of the scene in "The Aluminum Monster vs. Fatty Magoo" where he gets mad that Dee's old friend won't buy his designs, which he blames on fat or ugly models, and he says in a mirror something like "There's only thing to do" and then he starts applying lipstick.

by Anonymousreply 50April 21, 2012 1:23 AM

I just recently discovered it, too, and I love it. Very funny show!

by Anonymousreply 51April 21, 2012 1:34 AM

The undercurrent of gayness/homoeroticism that runs through many of the guys' interactions is one of the funniest things about it.

by Anonymousreply 52April 21, 2012 2:03 AM

Kitten Mittens. You'll be smitten.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 21, 2012 2:11 AM

Fucking hilarious

by Anonymousreply 54April 21, 2012 3:36 AM

"Is your cat TOO loud?"

by Anonymousreply 55April 21, 2012 3:29 PM

Comedy Central just aired the episode where Paddy's gets turned into a gay bar. It's funny when the gang doesn't realize it with everything that's going on (e.g. no women at the bar, Dennis making much more bar tips than Dee)

by Anonymousreply 56April 21, 2012 6:18 PM

^^ "The Gang Gets Racist". I love how Dennis, upon learning the bar has turned into a gay hot spot, is seen wearing a wife-beater/muscle shirt in the next scene where he's bartending. There's also a nice scene of him shirtless in bed. "How's that ass doing?"

by Anonymousreply 57April 22, 2012 1:24 AM

New season starting?

I haven't seen any promotion for a season premier, but my DVR thinks there is a new episode tonight.

by Anonymousreply 58October 11, 2012 3:03 PM

There is indeed a season premiere tonight.

by Anonymousreply 59October 11, 2012 3:07 PM

I like the one where they make a terrorist video.

by Anonymousreply 60October 11, 2012 3:27 PM

I hate musicals with a passion, but was howling at the musical episode, "The Nightman Cometh: Inside the Boy's Hole."

by Anonymousreply 61October 11, 2012 3:27 PM

I liked the pre Danny DeVito episodes best.

by Anonymousreply 62October 11, 2012 3:38 PM

I love that a nearly unrecognizable Miss Yvonne is Charlie's mom.

by Anonymousreply 63October 11, 2012 3:47 PM

Looks like Mac lost the weight as well. His overall body may never recover entirely.

by Anonymousreply 64October 11, 2012 3:49 PM

r63, I love Charlie's mom. And Mac's mom - she seriously could be my next door neighbor (I live in South Philly).

Looking forward to tonight, but not getting my hopes up. Last season wasn't so great.

by Anonymousreply 65October 11, 2012 3:53 PM

Dear Chase,

I feel like I can call you Chase because you and me are so much alike. I would love to meet you some day. It would be great to have a catch. I know I can't throw as fast as you, but I think you would be impressed with my speed. I love your hair. You run fast. Do you have a good relationship with your father? Me neither. These are all things we can talk about and more. I know you have not been getting my letters because I know you would write back if you did, and I hope you write back this time and we get to be good friends. I am sure our relationship would be a real home run.

by Anonymousreply 66October 11, 2012 3:55 PM

It's the perfect show to watch in syndication when you happen to run across it. And right now, you can usually find it sometime everyday. I find it laugh-out-loud funny a lot of the time, but some of it can become tiresome.

I don't think I'd purchase the DVDs and watch the whole series front to end though.

by Anonymousreply 67October 11, 2012 6:10 PM

I find the show very hit or miss, but the good ones are great.

I love the Nightman Cometh, Who Pooped the Bed, the crack cocaine one and the dead hooker one.

by Anonymousreply 68October 11, 2012 8:05 PM

bumping for the new season

by Anonymousreply 69October 12, 2012 4:50 AM

I love when they sing "More Than Words" in the Gang goes Jihad and when Dee sings "Runaway Train" in The Gang Hits the Road.

by Anonymousreply 70October 12, 2012 6:34 AM

For R70...I love when Charlie starts in in his falsetto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 13, 2012 3:02 AM

My favorite episodes was when they went to Atlantic City. Highlights were the homeless guys fucking under the boardwalk, Dee and Dennis accidentally swept up in a heist; smoking crack; and a terrifying, scalp-tearing freefall at the amusement park.

by Anonymousreply 72October 13, 2012 5:14 PM

The gang gets crippled, Dee & Denis smoke crack my top 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 13, 2012 6:09 PM

Bravo, r66!

by Anonymousreply 74October 18, 2012 10:19 AM

"Politics is just one big ass blast."

Loved Mac imitating politics as fist-fucking.

by Anonymousreply 75October 19, 2012 2:40 AM

[quote] And Mac's mom - she seriously could be my next door neighbor (I live in South Philly)

YUP! me too

by Anonymousreply 76October 19, 2012 2:47 AM

"The Gang Recycles Their Trash"

Funny episode this week, and loaded with inside jokes for regular watchers.

I was happy to learn the difference between twinks, twonks, and twanks.

by Anonymousreply 77October 20, 2012 6:46 AM

Loved when Mac leaned in to kiss Dennis. They've been playing around with Mac's sexuality for some time.

by Anonymousreply 78October 20, 2012 5:54 PM

Your mother is a dirty whoore.

by Anonymousreply 79October 20, 2012 7:34 PM

"She had no lips but her mouth was still very much in play."

by Anonymousreply 80November 14, 2012 2:02 AM

The one where Charlie and Dee think they are cannibals ("You don't have the hunger!") is piss your pants funny. The incestuous McPoyles are always good too.

The only episode last season that was funny was the one on the Jersey shore. The show was great in it's day.

"Call Me Fitz" now holds the title for moral bankruptcy and social incorrectness.

by Anonymousreply 81November 14, 2012 2:11 AM

Is it always sunny in Philadelphia?

by Anonymousreply 82November 14, 2012 2:12 AM

Fuck no, r82!

by Anonymousreply 83November 14, 2012 2:15 AM

In how many episodes has Dennis removed his shirt?

by Anonymousreply 84November 14, 2012 2:21 AM

Not enough of them, r84.

by Anonymousreply 85November 16, 2012 12:13 AM

Rob Mcelhenney has a HUGE penis!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 86December 16, 2012 3:50 PM

C'mon Rob, you misspelled your own name!

On that note they have been playing up Mac's closeted same sex attractions a lot this season. It has been pretty funny. Overall I'd say this season has been up there with the shows strongest. Impressive they have managed to keep it funny.

by Anonymousreply 87December 16, 2012 10:26 PM

Best episode is the two-parter where Dennis is a prostitute, Mac tries to join the mafia, and Charlie becomes a horse racing jockey ("I love you Peter Nincompoop!")

Dennis is so fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 88December 16, 2012 10:36 PM

[quote]On that note they have been playing up Mac's closeted same sex attractions a lot this season. It has been pretty funny. ...

In the most recent episode, Dennis tries to bribe a waitress and sticks a twenty-dollar bill down her blouse. In return, Dennis takes a smaller bill and sticks it into a waiter's pants pocket, really reaching into it.

by Anonymousreply 89December 17, 2012 3:38 AM

^^ In return, MAC takes a smaller bill and sticks it into a waiter's pants pocket, really reaching into it.

by Anonymousreply 90December 17, 2012 3:39 AM

The best was during the one where they get analyzed (which I thought was a great episode period) Mac complains about the pen looking like a penis then can't stop playing with it and then putting it in his mouth.

Plus his impulsively going to kiss Dennis in the recycles the trash ep, wanting to naked oil wrestle the guy in the one with the rich douchebags. They've gotten more and more blatant with the hints.

Anyway, glad there are some other fans here, I think it is a great show that is still going strong and makes me laugh damn hard.

by Anonymousreply 91December 17, 2012 4:59 PM

I was a die hard fan for years, but have only seen a couple episodes this season. Anyone ever seen the Christmas episode?

by Anonymousreply 92December 17, 2012 5:18 PM

Comedy Central re-aired the Christmas special just a week or so ago. Why they didn't air it on Christmas, I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 93December 18, 2012 1:54 AM

I keep waiting for Dennis and Mac to make out.

by Anonymousreply 94December 18, 2012 3:33 AM

yuuuuuuum, r94!

i want to see dennis fuck mac's holes and i want close ups!

by Anonymousreply 95December 18, 2012 3:37 AM

I wonder if Mac and Dennis ever spit roast tricks in their bachelor pad...

by Anonymousreply 96December 18, 2012 3:39 AM

The Christmas episode airs on Comedy Central at 9pm on Christmas Eve. If you haven't seen it, please try to catch it.

I've noticed they also been more blatant with the hints about Dennis' sociopathic tendencies.

by Anonymousreply 97December 18, 2012 2:51 PM

by Anonymousreply 98December 18, 2012 3:46 PM

I JUST came to this show and just watched the whole first season. Living in Philly makes a gas to see all the locations used in shoots. terrible black comedy, but wonderfully true to the source.

by Anonymousreply 99April 9, 2013 4:52 AM

Dennis is by far the most level headed but his vanity surpercedes it. Also I never thougnt about the lack of chemistry b/t Mac and Dee even though they're married in real life. Charlie and the waitress don't have much either.

by Anonymousreply 100April 9, 2013 10:43 AM

Last season was really funny

by Anonymousreply 101April 9, 2013 10:44 AM

R100, weird couples, but it's a weird show

by Anonymousreply 102April 9, 2013 2:27 PM

[quote]Charlie and the waitress don't have much either.

Aren't they also married IRL?

by Anonymousreply 103April 9, 2013 3:17 PM

they are

by Anonymousreply 104April 9, 2013 3:34 PM

[quote]Dennis is by far the most level headed but his vanity surpercedes it.[/quote]

Dennis can appear normal but dude is a narcissistic sociopath, this becomes very clear in the later seasons. He is my favorite character but c'mon.

Mac is probably the most "normal" person in a way.

by Anonymousreply 105April 9, 2013 3:35 PM

Funniest fucking thing on television.

by Anonymousreply 106April 9, 2013 3:39 PM

What is the deal with Mac's weight gain?

I always thought he had a nice, tight body. I saw an episode last night and he was real fat and bloated. How is this explained in the story arc?

by Anonymousreply 107April 9, 2013 4:14 PM

Dennis has a decent body though.

by Anonymousreply 108April 9, 2013 5:23 PM

It mainly came about because Rob McElhenney the guy that plays Mac was always annoyed that as you watch sitcoms the characters tend to become more attractive as time goes on. He thought it was more realistic, especially given these characters that they should be looking worse as time goes on so he wanted to gain some weight.

It was explained in show that Mac thought he was putting on lots of muscle mass even though it was fat. He lost the weight in the most recent season, a lot of it due because it affected his real life including his marriage to Kaitlin Olson who plays Dee.

by Anonymousreply 109April 9, 2013 5:39 PM

I like how Mac's gay tendencies have been surfacing in the past few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 110April 9, 2013 6:47 PM

[quote]How is this explained in the story arc?

he literally gained fifty pounds because he'd thought it would be funny.

by Anonymousreply 111April 10, 2013 3:45 AM

I liked the episode where Charlie and Mac's mothers were pulling some kind of scam to make money and at the end, Charlie says "Mom, where did you learn to do this stuff?" to which she exclaims "From you! I learned it from watching you!" I laughed out loud because it reminded me of an old public service announcement. The show often throws in obscure references like that.

by Anonymousreply 112April 10, 2013 5:03 AM

Mac getting fat was explained in an episode. The bar became inexplicably popular, so the Gang decided they wanted to both be lazy but not upset the dynamic of whatever had made them "tip", so they decided they would hire "avatars" to work there who would essentially be their doubles, preserve whatever magic was working, and let them be lazy and enjoy success.

Mac, of course, decided that his avatar would be an incredibly built, beefy muscle guy. When the others rightly pointed out that the guy was easily 50 pounds of solid muscle more than Mac, he decided to "bulk up" so he could hire the muscular avatar to keep the bar successful and also not have to work. The bar quickly stopped being successful but Mac just kept bulking up, until months later he was fat and gross and everybody but him had long forgotten about the avatar idea.

by Anonymousreply 113April 10, 2013 11:12 AM

I LOVE the Xmas special!!

by Anonymousreply 114May 10, 2013 2:11 AM

The Gang goes Swedish...

‘Always Sunny’ Artfully Teases New Season (EXCLUSIVE)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115June 5, 2013 2:11 PM

Can't wait for the new season. Tired of reruns on Comedy Central.

by Anonymousreply 116June 5, 2013 6:56 PM

I'm hoping this season is the last. I felt it was starting to slip in Season 7. I want them to go out on a semi-high.

There's only so many times Dee can say, "Godammit!!" and DeVito can say, "Hooooors!"

by Anonymousreply 117June 5, 2013 7:09 PM

I'm confused about the new season. The debut is September 2nd, but the show has been shipped off of FX Network to the newly created FXX Network.

I have no idea if my cable system will even carry the FXX Network. Frankly I'd never heard that it was being created until the announcement about the new season of Sunny. Apparently the Fox Soccer Channel (?) is going to drop the sports programming to become FXX and start showing some of the FX shows.

Maybe the soccer stuff will be on the new Fox Sports 1 (which I have heard about because Regis Philbin has been promoting his show that will be on their schedule).

Will Sunny also be shown on the original FX channel? As reruns? At all?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118July 26, 2013 10:26 AM

Today I just saw the new FXX channel on my lineup. It was Fox Soccer Channel last week so I'm guessing it must have changed on Sept. 1st.

At least I know that I have the channel for the Sunny premiere this Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 119September 2, 2013 9:25 PM

This is one of my favorite shows, but I was kind of late to watching it, too. You can watch the first 7 seasons on NetFlix, but you can also download all the seasons through torrent sites. I just have season 9 left to watch, and the new one on FXX starts soon. I found out that I actually get this new FXX channel so that is good.

by Anonymousreply 120September 2, 2013 9:33 PM

Looking forward to having this show back on. I have no idea if my provider offers FXX but I've never watched Sunny live anyway. Yay the internet.

by Anonymousreply 121September 2, 2013 9:38 PM

You can go to the FXX website and click on the "Find Your FXX / channel Finder" button to see if it's available in your area. You'll need to know to zip code and television / cable provider.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122September 3, 2013 2:06 AM

Hopefully everybody that DVRs the show realizes that they need to change their programming to catch it on the new channel.

by Anonymousreply 123September 4, 2013 3:41 AM

OMG, there's more!?!

(Plots to steal someone else's cable by becoming a crack whore and robbing an antiques shoppe on Chestnut Street!)

by Anonymousreply 124September 4, 2013 5:19 AM

I caught the end of one where the guy was in bed with another guy and then a black guy came out of the shower and slapped the other guys ass. I do not know the show or characters. I'd like to know the name of the episode if anyone knows.

by Anonymousreply 125September 4, 2013 5:42 AM

R125, that is the very first episode of the show, called "The Gang Gets Racist". It's a really funny episode, where they turn the bar into a gay bar.

by Anonymousreply 126September 4, 2013 5:59 AM

That would be "The Gang Gets Racist" r125

by Anonymousreply 127September 4, 2013 6:00 AM

Dayman a-a-a Fighter of the Nightman a-a-a

by Anonymousreply 128September 4, 2013 6:03 AM

Thanks

by Anonymousreply 129September 4, 2013 6:09 AM

Funny? Funnier? Funnyerer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130September 4, 2013 6:10 AM

Are your cats too darn LOUD??

by Anonymousreply 131September 4, 2013 6:26 AM

Is it racist if we don't eat this guy?

by Anonymousreply 132September 4, 2013 7:35 AM

Chase Utley responds to Mac's letter from 'Always Sunny'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133September 4, 2013 2:31 PM

Dennis, Charlie or Mac? I fantasize about all three of them. Somehow though I don't think those actors would find it amusing that all us gays are having sexual fantasies about them.

by Anonymousreply 134September 4, 2013 3:34 PM

I think it is pretty the guys who run the show aren't homophobic at all. Which I appreciate, sometimes with a bunch of guys doing humor you frustratingly get a lot of those undercurrents thrown in there.

by Anonymousreply 135September 4, 2013 3:42 PM

pretty obvious*

And definitely Dennis, he is also just my favorite character I think Glenn Howerton does amazing in the role.

by Anonymousreply 136September 4, 2013 3:44 PM

Frank would call us at DL a bunch of "hooooooorrrrs."

by Anonymousreply 137September 4, 2013 3:53 PM

My favorite is the episode when Dee tosses the contents of her pee jar out the car window and they end up going all over Mac.

by Anonymousreply 138September 4, 2013 3:54 PM

The hinting at Mac's latent gayness always kills me.

The episode where Charlie stages his musical and Mac as the Nightman dry humps Dennis is genius. It gets surprisingly sexual, not that I minded.

"you gotta pay the troll toll if you wanna get in this boy's hole..."

by Anonymousreply 139September 4, 2013 11:19 PM

Went to youtube to search for clips and found one of Charlie singing his original song, "Nightman" which at first seems to be about a man raping him, but then becomes clear that it's actually about consensual gay sex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140September 5, 2013 12:00 AM

My cable company (U-verse) just moved FXX so that it's next to FX on the dial/guide.

So much easier to remember it exists now that it's not sandwiched in with the sports channels anymore.

by Anonymousreply 141September 25, 2013 4:55 AM

"Where do I jizz?"

by Anonymousreply 142September 25, 2013 3:01 PM

Caught an episode here and there. Have yet to even giggle.

by Anonymousreply 143September 25, 2013 3:06 PM

Huge Sunny fan here, but I got through 10 minutes of one of the new episodes and did not laugh.

Sometimes the characters do things they should get arrested for on the spot, yet they don't.

by Anonymousreply 144September 25, 2013 3:19 PM

I think the show has lost a lot of what it had, but I did like last week's episode about wanting to win an Emmy, I mean the best bar award.

by Anonymousreply 145September 25, 2013 3:36 PM

thanks for that, r145.

I liked that episode too. But I hadn't made the connection to their disappointment with never getting a 'Best Bar' nomination as really being about Emmy recognition.

Now that you point it out, I like it even more. I'm not sure why I missed that when watching. The attached Time Magazine is about that slight.

The Gang Tries Desperately To Win An Award

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146September 26, 2013 4:17 AM

[quote]But I hadn't made the connection to their disappointment with never getting a 'Best Bar' nomination as really being about Emmy recognition

Wait...seriously?!

And yeah I enjoyed that one.

by Anonymousreply 147September 26, 2013 12:09 PM

on Conan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148September 26, 2013 1:20 PM

I appreciate their explanation of the gay spectrum, "everyone's a little bit gay." At least they don't shy away from that.

And the last episoe was pretty smart, especially the lampooning of so many other cookie cutter sitcoms (The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, etc.) in the guise of the other bar. The bright colors, predictable storylines, token black friend. I thought it was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 149September 26, 2013 5:17 PM

Sean William Scott guest stars in the latest episode.

by Anonymousreply 150October 3, 2013 2:44 AM

I wish Country Mac hadn't died and could have been a regular character. He's more bad ass than Paddy Mac, and less closeted.

by Anonymousreply 151October 3, 2013 6:29 PM

I think last nights and "The Gang Tries to Win an Award" were the two strong ones in this season so far which overall I don't think is quite as good as last season was.

But yeah it was cool see Sean William Scott guest-starring and he did a great job. And cool that the show finally just went ahead and confirmed that Mac is gay.

by Anonymousreply 152October 3, 2013 8:57 PM

Mac is gay alright, gay for Chase Utley!

by Anonymousreply 153October 3, 2013 9:01 PM

HA!

by Anonymousreply 154October 4, 2013 1:43 AM

Classic It's Always Sunny... clip (featuring the former Mr. Tiffani Amber-Thiessen).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155October 4, 2013 2:16 AM

"And cool that the show finally just went ahead and confirmed that Mac is gay."

r152, can you summarize how it confirmed this? (I'm interested but I don't actually care enough to watch the episode. Would definitely lick Mac's shitter though, fat or thin.)

by Anonymousreply 156October 4, 2013 2:31 AM

the video posted shows that Mac's idea of Heaven is REALLY muscular oiled up studs are archangels and God Himself is a bearded muscle stud-muffin.

by Anonymousreply 157October 4, 2013 2:34 AM

Really R156? It's all of 20 minutes and it is a funny episode. Do yourself a favor and check it out.

by Anonymousreply 158October 4, 2013 2:38 AM

I liked how "Mac Day" opened with the entire gang sitting around in shirts either the sleeves cut off.

by Anonymousreply 159October 4, 2013 5:43 AM

he's a cutie

by Anonymousreply 160October 4, 2013 11:21 AM

by Anonymousreply 161October 4, 2013 7:54 PM

Mac needs charlie to fuck him

by Anonymousreply 162October 4, 2013 9:12 PM

Charlie Day is hung.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163October 4, 2013 9:22 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164October 4, 2013 9:22 PM

Mac would be a perfect candidate then for that cock

by Anonymousreply 165October 4, 2013 9:24 PM

Dennis needs a cock up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 166October 4, 2013 9:26 PM

City Mac and Country Mac

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167October 5, 2013 2:30 AM

HOT

by Anonymousreply 168October 5, 2013 4:26 AM

In "Mac Day", it was mentioned by the gang that during the five hours Mac preached about the evils of homosexuality, he had a boner the entire time.

by Anonymousreply 169October 5, 2013 5:18 AM

I would too!

by Anonymousreply 170October 5, 2013 11:28 AM

Any surprise that Mac's version of Heaven has only hunky shirtless angels and a buff shirtless God?

by Anonymousreply 171October 10, 2013 7:48 PM

Mac is a closet homo

by Anonymousreply 172October 11, 2013 3:05 AM

And Josh Groban as himself.

by Anonymousreply 173October 11, 2013 3:41 AM

Dennis is so fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 174October 11, 2013 4:00 AM

CHarlie is my man

by Anonymousreply 175October 11, 2013 4:25 AM

I would love to rim Mac's hole.

by Anonymousreply 176October 11, 2013 5:57 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 177October 27, 2013 2:10 AM

Rump

by Anonymousreply 178October 27, 2013 2:39 AM

King of the rats!

by Anonymousreply 179October 27, 2013 2:20 PM

I would marry Charlie Day

by Anonymousreply 180October 27, 2013 2:51 PM

I get to marry him first

by Anonymousreply 181October 27, 2013 2:53 PM

Last episode had an appearance by Burn Gorman, best known for "Torchwood" but who was also in the movie "Pacific Rim" with Charlie Day

by Anonymousreply 182October 27, 2013 6:55 PM

Rob McElhenney looks Asianish.

by Anonymousreply 183October 27, 2013 8:05 PM

He looks fuckable

by Anonymousreply 184October 28, 2013 12:50 AM

Mac was obviously taking over the director chair in that homoerotic sequence from Lethal Weapon 6.

He cast 2 hot bodied guys to play shirtless volleyball and then made sure to include gratuitous ass shots in the showers for the following scene.

His ass double was a most impressive choice.

by Anonymousreply 185November 2, 2013 5:28 PM

I love Charlie Day with his Danish, blonde-wigged villain look. It's so funny because he takes it so seriously.

by Anonymousreply 186November 3, 2013 9:47 PM

I want to see some full penetration in Mac. Preferably by country Mac. So hot.

by Anonymousreply 187November 3, 2013 9:59 PM

IRL Rob McElhenney (Mac) was raised in part by his two gay Moms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188November 3, 2013 10:15 PM

I keep thinking that Dennis and Dee are married in real life. I forget that it's actually Mac and Dee that got married.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189November 3, 2013 10:21 PM

They make a cute couple, and indeed have no chemistry on screen together

by Anonymousreply 190November 3, 2013 11:59 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 191June 27, 2014 1:11 AM

hump (Charlie day)

by Anonymousreply 192June 27, 2014 1:24 AM

CHARLIE is hot

by Anonymousreply 193August 4, 2014 9:54 PM

I believe that since Philadelphia so much in the news right now that this thread deserves a big bump!

by Anonymousreply 194September 17, 2014 8:13 PM

bumping for the season premiere

by Anonymousreply 195January 14, 2015 11:36 PM

Worst. Episode. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 196January 15, 2015 2:32 AM

My fav was the one about the carnies. Couldn't stop laughing when they were calling the Waitress a carnie. The gay bar one was hilarious also.

by Anonymousreply 197January 15, 2015 2:53 AM

Bumping for the upcoming season premier

by Anonymousreply 198January 5, 2016 12:18 AM

Its shit now but the first 6-7 seasons were solid. Dee’s dreads getting stuck will never not be funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199May 29, 2018 6:16 AM

Bullshit, it rained the other day.

by Anonymousreply 200May 29, 2018 6:30 AM

I love gay Mac.Did he end up partnered with one of the other guys?? I hope so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201May 29, 2018 6:56 AM

I love Charlie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202May 29, 2018 7:01 AM

I'd like to start watching from the beginning. Where is it streamable?

by Anonymousreply 203May 29, 2018 7:26 PM

I'm watching it for the first time right now with "Who Pooped the Bed?"

by Anonymousreply 204July 22, 2018 3:51 AM

Favorite episodes are the jersey shore one, thundergun express and nightman cometh.

by Anonymousreply 205July 22, 2018 4:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!