Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Aging of a Rock Star

Booze, drugs and groupies can take a toll on a body. Here is a collection of rock stars when some of them first appeared on the scene and then present day. Don't judge too harshly, you're going to be there too someday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147June 24, 2019 8:49 PM

This makes me frightened of what my nose is going to look like in 20 years. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 1March 21, 2012 5:50 AM

Richie Sambora's hair is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 2March 21, 2012 5:50 AM

Patti Smith is a MAN, baby!

Stevie Nicks looks fabulous for 60-something, esp. considering all the blow and cigs she hoovered down over how many years.

by Anonymousreply 3March 21, 2012 5:51 AM

Actually, most of them aged fairly well considering. David Bowie, David Lee Roth & Paul Stanley had some bad work though.

Mick's face is just as grooved as Ron Wood's and nearly as rough as Keef's even though he supposedly gave up the bad shit decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 4March 21, 2012 6:04 AM

It's kind of surprising that the guys from Motley Crue don't look worse. David Lee Roth is unrecognizable.

by Anonymousreply 5March 21, 2012 6:07 AM

Joan Jett still looks good, so does Pat Benetar

by Anonymousreply 6March 21, 2012 6:11 AM

Paul and Ringo look good. David Lee Roth lost his upper lip.

Some of the guys look better older.

by Anonymousreply 7March 21, 2012 6:31 AM

Bowie looked great until he had emergency heart surgery in his late 50's. After that he seemed extremely bloated for a few years (remember his cameo in The Prestige?), and once the appearance of swelling finally let up, his skin was left looking stretched and saggy. But he was preternaturally beautiful until he was almost 60, which is a hell of a long run compared to the average Joe.

Some of those rockers look like their faces are melting off (especially Keith and Mick), and Sting's nose looks like it's trying to abort its own tip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 21, 2012 6:38 AM

You can't see it so much in this picture, but Joan Jett is really overdoing it with the plastic surgery. I'm not against plastic surgery or anything, but she should really stop while she's still ahead.

by Anonymousreply 9March 21, 2012 6:43 AM

[quote]Don't judge too harshly, you're going to be there too someday.

Yeah, but I'm not going to look THAT shitty.

by Anonymousreply 10March 21, 2012 6:43 AM

Ringo's aged well.

by Anonymousreply 11March 21, 2012 6:45 AM

Ringo looks great for almost 72 years old.

by Anonymousreply 12March 21, 2012 7:02 AM

What the HELL happened to Linda Ronstadt? OMFG.

Tommy Lee and Nikki Sixx look surprisingly great.

by Anonymousreply 13March 21, 2012 7:04 AM

If all the chunky ones lost a little weight, they'd look really good.

All the ones who were skinny and did a lot of drugs look like shit warmed over.

by Anonymousreply 14March 21, 2012 7:27 AM

r8 - Bowie did age remarkably well until at least 50, but then he just looked peculiar. I think it was a combo of his new teeth never fitting him properly and obvious botox. Iman is disturbingly ageless.

by Anonymousreply 15March 21, 2012 7:28 AM

Grace Slick would look great for 72 if she lost a bit of weight.

by Anonymousreply 16March 21, 2012 8:35 AM

Bruce Springsteen still looks very well put together.

Who the hell does Mick Jagger think he's fooling with that wig he's been wearing for decades. His face looks like it's ready to slide off. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 17March 21, 2012 8:56 AM

I think most of them look really good. Steven Tyler is the exception as he's had too much work done.

by Anonymousreply 18March 21, 2012 9:17 AM

I LOVE aging rock stars!

by Anonymousreply 19March 21, 2012 9:52 AM

Tommy Lee=He's got the monster.

by Anonymousreply 20March 21, 2012 10:19 AM

Most of these people have the same hair style they had 30 years ago. It looks ridicilous.

Mick Jagger looks terrible, even worse than Keith Richards.

by Anonymousreply 21March 21, 2012 10:46 AM

All people get old.

by Anonymousreply 22March 21, 2012 11:41 AM

Bruce has had LOTS of work done. D'ya remember that creepy Superbowl show?

by Anonymousreply 23March 21, 2012 11:51 AM

Joan Jett, Pat Benatar and Jon Bon Jovi all still look pretty good, just older. But let's face it, most of the whole group were pretty homely to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 24March 21, 2012 1:16 PM

Never understood the notion that Bowie was "preternaturally beautiful." And with his emaciated frame and wonky hair, he always struck me as entirely sexless.

by Anonymousreply 25March 21, 2012 2:43 PM

bonjovi looks like he has lost some chest hair, or maybe it just looks that way due to graying or the hair simply getting lighter in color.

by Anonymousreply 26March 21, 2012 2:50 PM

I would have liked to see Janis Joplin age.

by Anonymousreply 27March 21, 2012 2:51 PM

Jagger and Richards aged most.

Alice Cooper was always ugly, he just wilted a bit.

Iggy Pop needs to cover that shit up.

by Anonymousreply 28March 21, 2012 2:58 PM

Did Paul McCartney have a nose/ear job? His nose sure looks different now.

by Anonymousreply 29March 21, 2012 3:06 PM

Grace Slick looks like your average grandma. Hard to believe she was once the acid dropping wild child that slept with the entire band, save Marty Balin.

by Anonymousreply 30March 21, 2012 3:08 PM

R30 - Grace looks lovely, considering she was once the acid dropping etc...

She's 72, fur chrissakes....

by Anonymousreply 31March 21, 2012 3:11 PM

Fun link- most of them look pretty good or better considering about 40 years have passed between pics.

by Anonymousreply 32March 21, 2012 3:16 PM

Bruce Springsteen has had some work done, but it's excellent work. He looks fantastic for 62 or whatever he is.

I think Grace Slick looks great for her age, although a bit heavy. Hell, what is a 72-year old supposed to look like? Considering Grace's history with the bottle and kicking the shit out of cops, she looks well.

by Anonymousreply 33March 21, 2012 3:20 PM

What's Joan Jett's secret? Eating pussy?

by Anonymousreply 34March 21, 2012 3:26 PM

R1. I've heard your nose and ears continue to grow as you age so there IS reason to fear. I had my deviated septum fixed a few years ago and the doctor told me o didn't have to worry about my nose growing bigger as I aged because the nose job would fix that.

I guess I'll have to get my ears fixed too at some point so they don't look like Kirk Douglas'. OY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 21, 2012 3:27 PM

STING's nose job has not aged well.

Paul Stanley now looked like Tiny Tim.

Paul McCartney had his nose thinned at the start of Wings, you see it clearly here.

by Anonymousreply 36March 21, 2012 3:35 PM

I often wonder whether the nose and ears grow or the face shrinks as we get older. Cheeks seem to disappear as do lips. That makes the nose and ears look bigger.

by Anonymousreply 37March 21, 2012 3:44 PM

Yes, earlobes grow longer.

You lose the fat in your face -- your cheeks. Lips thinning out is well known.

by Anonymousreply 38March 21, 2012 3:52 PM

WIGS: Ronnie Wood, Elton John, Linda Rondstat, Young Tommy Lee

FALSE TEETH/VENEERS/CAPS: Ted Nugent, Keith Richards, James Hetfield, Eddie Van Halen, Charlie Watts, Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie, Billy Idol.

BOTOX: Stevie Nicks, Nancy Wilson

COSMETIC SURGERY: Steve Tyler, Bret Michaels, Rod Stewart, Pat Benatar, Springsteen, Bowie.

PERMANENTLY STONED: Tom Petty

PERMANENTLY TWEAKED: Axl Rose, Alice Cooper

LOOKING BETTER NOW!: Simon LeBon, Nugent, Bono

by Anonymousreply 39March 21, 2012 3:52 PM

I can't find the pic I want my computer is on it's last legs and I can only have one window open at a time so maybe someone else can find a good pic, but Nuno Bettencourt, formerly of Extreme and a damn good guitart player, has aged pretty well. I saw him perform in Japan a while back and was amazed by how fine he still looks.

R37, I have heard that the nose and ears continue to grow as we age and the fat in adipose tissue (lips and cheeks) shrinks. So you're right.

by Anonymousreply 40March 21, 2012 4:00 PM

I think there are even more bad, expensive, custom hairpieces/wigs/weaves than R39 lists.

by Anonymousreply 41March 21, 2012 4:20 PM

[quote]Jagger and Richards aged most

Well that would make sense, since they, along with McCartney, Starr, Crosby, Young, and Slick (who coincidentally look pretty aged as well) are the OLDEST of the bunch, who have been rock stars for the longest!

Not fair comparing them to Joan Jett or Sinead O'Connor

by Anonymousreply 42March 21, 2012 4:24 PM

Considering how old they are, and how much drugs, drinking and smoking they've done I would have expected worse. Agree with the poster on Bowie, he was beautiful for so long, but it's sad to see what happened since

by Anonymousreply 43March 21, 2012 4:31 PM

How do you guys think you will look in 30+ years?

by Anonymousreply 44March 21, 2012 4:39 PM

[quote]How do you guys think you will look in 30+ years?

Dead.

by Anonymousreply 45March 21, 2012 4:43 PM

Since I've never been a celebrity rock star, nobody's going to care, R44.

Robert Plant looks like Methuselah and Patti Smith has Marty Feldman eyes.

by Anonymousreply 46March 21, 2012 4:45 PM

They generally look just fine. Johnny Rotten and Meatloaf both looked like freaks when younger so of course they are not swoon-worthy now.

by Anonymousreply 47March 21, 2012 4:50 PM

OK, R42, let me rephrase it:

Jagger looks like his face has melted.

Richards looks like he's smoked 10 packs of Pall Malls a day from the crib.

by Anonymousreply 48March 21, 2012 4:50 PM

Since most of them weren't that great-looking even when they were young, their aged versions aren't that big a deal.

Patti Smith and Robert Plant and Mick Jagger and Steve Perry and Elton John look REALLY bad. Axl Rose has had so much plastic surgery he doesn't look real. Most of the others don't look that bad, probably due to careful plastic surgery and botox.

by Anonymousreply 49March 21, 2012 4:54 PM

Sinead still looks great! Mostly.

Great skin, lively look in her face. She may be a little chubby but she's had 4 kids and quite a few mental breakdowns.

She could do with some contacts and maybe lose the biker-chick outfits. And she also sounds amazing these days.

by Anonymousreply 50March 21, 2012 5:01 PM

A lot of these people were pretty unattractive to begin with. Joan Jett and Pat Benatar look great although I am sure some PS was involved.

by Anonymousreply 51March 21, 2012 5:11 PM

Jon Bonjovi actually looks better to me. He certainly wins if this is a contest.

by Anonymousreply 52March 21, 2012 5:11 PM

I saw Ringo and Paul at Ringo's 70th birthday at Radio City. I remember laughing at how Ringo turned out to be the best-looking Beatle in the end.

by Anonymousreply 53March 21, 2012 5:22 PM

For R40. Nuno Bettencourt. 45 yrs old. Damn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54March 21, 2012 5:35 PM

[quote]Sinead still looks great! Mostly.

Not such a great feat, as she's also the youngest. At 45, she hadn't even been born by the time The Beatles, Rolling Stones, et al had multiple gold albums.

by Anonymousreply 55March 21, 2012 5:36 PM

Thanks R54

by Anonymousreply 56March 21, 2012 5:46 PM

[quote]If all the chunky ones lost a little weight, they'd look really good.

The reason they look better than the skinny ones is the extra weight.

Your ass or your face is real.

The Rolling Stones have made a ton of money, but they all look like shit. It's obvious the life was hard on them.

by Anonymousreply 57March 21, 2012 6:01 PM

[quote]The Rolling Stones have made a ton of money, but they all look like shit. It's obvious the life was hard on them.

...and they're older - by 20 years - than the 80's band guys!

Remove the hair on all four of them (most are wigs/weaves, anyway), and you'll see typical 70 year olds!

by Anonymousreply 58March 21, 2012 6:11 PM

I wish some of them would give up the rocker hair. They look homeless and living under the freeway overpass in a cardboard box.

by Anonymousreply 59March 21, 2012 6:15 PM

McCartney and Ringo look a hell of a lot better than Jagger and Richards.

Isn't Bill Wyman close to 80? He had to retire from the Stones a while ago.

by Anonymousreply 60March 21, 2012 6:23 PM

Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts (not pictured in the link) has aged better than his bandmates. Must be that "natural elegance." I always thought he looked pretty good in the "Start Me Up" video, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61March 21, 2012 6:30 PM

I notice a lot of oldster male rock stars -- Ringo, Roger Daltrey, Bill Wyman, Ozzie Osbourne, Bono, Elton John -- wear tinted glasses. I guess it hides some of their aging process.

by Anonymousreply 62March 21, 2012 6:39 PM

When I was a kid, I remeber we laughed at Charlie Watts and his wife Shirley and said, "They look like horses."

Well, now they are successful horse breeders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63March 21, 2012 6:46 PM

R61 - Charlie Watts is there. He's under Eric Clapton. But I agree, he looks very good for 70.

by Anonymousreply 64March 21, 2012 6:59 PM

Is Steve Perry now a lesbian? Meatloaf actually looks better, but there was so much room from that. Iggy Pop shold rethink the shirtless look at his age. Who did Linda Ronstadt devour?

by Anonymousreply 65March 21, 2012 7:04 PM

you know how drugs can sometimes cause users to hallucinate that they have cockroaches crawling around under their skin? I think in Iggy Pop's case, it's not a hallucination.

by Anonymousreply 66March 22, 2012 9:38 AM

You should see how Mick Taylor look these days.

by Anonymousreply 67March 22, 2012 10:47 AM

Mick is too vain and Ron Wood is too delusional to go out without their hair pieces.

Keith with au natural hair:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 23, 2012 10:31 PM

I don't think Mick wears hair pieces.

by Anonymousreply 69March 23, 2012 10:39 PM

Bowie looks great for a man in his mid 60's.

Patti Smith tho'.... feck me! She looks like a bloke in drag! And why is Keef Richards wearing Pinocchio's nose? Whoda thunked it....

x

by Anonymousreply 70March 23, 2012 10:51 PM

by Anonymousreply 71April 5, 2012 2:03 AM

Does anyone know if Howard Jones is gay? He was big in 80's New Wave.

by Anonymousreply 72April 28, 2012 12:44 PM

Steven Tyler from Aerosmith looks like a piece of crap right now.

by Anonymousreply 73June 12, 2012 10:15 PM

We aren't allowed to talk about ageing male rock stars as the Michfesters and Madonna queens might have their opinion that womadonna's are the only musicians judged by age and looks.

by Anonymousreply 74June 12, 2012 10:24 PM

Bruce and Bon Jovi look the best. Can't get over how hairy BJ was.

by Anonymousreply 75June 12, 2012 10:33 PM

Meat Loaf doesn't look that bad. I expected worse.

by Anonymousreply 76June 13, 2012 1:34 AM

yumers

by Anonymousreply 77June 13, 2012 2:32 AM

Most of the men look like lesbians. Billy Idol, Annie Lennox and one of the Hearts chicks look good. So do Pat Benetar and Bon Jovi. Bowie REALLY has hit the wall.

by Anonymousreply 78June 13, 2012 3:12 AM

Billy Idol is pretty amazing, given the drugs, drink, and motorcycle accident.

I would do Tom Petty.

by Anonymousreply 79June 13, 2012 3:42 AM

Keep in mind some of these people have been famous for almost 50 years. The Stones hit it big in 1964. Grace Slick in 1967. That's a big difference from someone like Annie Lenox, who became famous in the 1980s.

by Anonymousreply 80June 13, 2012 4:51 AM

[quote] Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts has aged better than his bandmates

I would not be surprised if Charlie and Shirley have had plastic surgery. They are quite the social dandies in their county.

I know for a fact that Sherrell Aston revamped Rod Stewart's entire head about 10 years ago (though Stewart had a major nose job in the 1970s). You may not think Rod looks great, but he is nearly 70 and would look a hell of a lot worse if he hadn't had his face, forehead, chin and neck lifted. Think Keith Richards. Rod would be comparable without his surgeries.

by Anonymousreply 81June 13, 2012 4:59 AM

Speaking of Bowie, I don't think he's been seen in public for quite some time, any update on his supposed sickness?

by Anonymousreply 82June 13, 2012 5:02 AM

Grace Slick is now 72 (!) and I think she looks pretty damn good for a woman her age who did so many drugs and drank like a fish for decades. She's been clean and sober for a number of years now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83June 13, 2012 6:06 AM

Phil Collins?

by Anonymousreply 84June 13, 2012 6:37 AM

Eric Clapton looks good in that pic at r68. I always thought he was sexy.

Linda Ronstadt turned into one of her idols, Rosemary Clooney. Unlike Clooney, Linda got off the stage when it was time to get off the stage.

So, who was Marty Balin fucking if it wasn't Grace Slick?

by Anonymousreply 85June 13, 2012 9:25 AM

I would do David Coverdale - provided he stuck a paperbag over his head and spoke to me during the whole thing - sexiest speaking voice in rock.

by Anonymousreply 86June 13, 2012 2:17 PM

Wasn't Charlie much more domesticated than the rest of the Stones? I heard once he didn't really get involved in drugs and didn't use groupies like the rest of them did.

Keith Richards should have been dead years ago.

by Anonymousreply 87June 13, 2012 3:24 PM

[quote]Don't judge too harshly, you're going to be there too someday.

Speak for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 88June 13, 2012 3:26 PM

I think most of them actually look better now than they did then.

I LOVE Bowie, but he was never beautiful. When he was young he was skinny, girly, and weird-looking, but that was his thing. He became somewhat handsome in the 80s and maintained that for quite a while until his recent health problems.

by Anonymousreply 89June 13, 2012 3:30 PM

Here's a recent publicity shot of Rod Stewart.

R81 wasn't kidding!! LOTS of work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90June 13, 2012 3:39 PM

I was at a party that Trudy Styler and Sting were at last fall. They were actually really laid back and approachable. And Sting looked GREAT. Slender, face slightly wrinkled, wearing a James Perse outfit, hair disheveled yet chic.

He is one 60-year old that I would hop in the sack with in a nanosecond.

by Anonymousreply 91June 13, 2012 3:49 PM

I know that heavy alcohol use and abuse will dehydrate your skin and can ruin your complexion, but most of these look more like the result of normal aging. Many of them actually look pretty good for their age and at least recognizable.

by Anonymousreply 92June 13, 2012 4:04 PM

David Coverdale used to smoke and drink. He has given both of them up. He has had too much botox on him.

by Anonymousreply 93June 16, 2012 2:25 PM

R87 - Charlie had a reputation for staying faithful to his wife, not partying much back in the day and generally being a decent guy.

Oddly, in his 40s he developed substance abuse problems, but only for a couple of years.

Here's an article from 2000 about him. Seems like a completely charming, low key guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94June 16, 2012 2:42 PM

I think Billy Idol turned out great; did not find him hot in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 95June 16, 2012 4:05 PM

Thanks for the link,[r94], seems like a good guy.

by Anonymousreply 96June 16, 2012 4:19 PM

Roger Daltrey

Paul Rodgers

Brian May

Ian Gillian

Greg Lake

by Anonymousreply 97June 16, 2012 4:30 PM

Chrissie Hynde has not aged well, but she was, or maybe still is, a huge drinker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 16, 2012 4:37 PM

[r98], that's a REALLY bad picture of Chrissie Hynde. She looks much better here. No one over 30 looks great in a close-up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 16, 2012 4:46 PM

100!

by Anonymousreply 100June 16, 2012 6:52 PM

Steve Winwood gave up smoking marijuana thirty-two years ago.

by Anonymousreply 101June 16, 2012 10:34 PM

Who the hell does Mick Jagger think he's fooling with that wig he's been wearing for decades. His face looks like it's ready to slide off. Yuck.

You'd think he'd aged better after sucking the life out of all those virgins.

by Anonymousreply 102June 16, 2012 11:00 PM

Keith with au natural hair:r68

he looks like porter wagoner

by Anonymousreply 103June 16, 2012 11:15 PM

Gracie Slick looks like Boy George.

by Anonymousreply 104June 16, 2012 11:43 PM

Michael Stipe was quite beautiful with youth and long hair.

by Anonymousreply 105June 16, 2012 11:45 PM

Rob Halford from Judas Priest.

by Anonymousreply 106June 17, 2012 11:17 AM

Next?

by Anonymousreply 107June 18, 2012 9:51 PM

I actually thought most of these guys looked pretty good for being in their 60s and 70s.

by Anonymousreply 108June 18, 2012 10:26 PM

Basically, they all need to cut their hair.

by Anonymousreply 109June 18, 2012 11:11 PM

"I would have liked to see Janis Joplin age."

Unfortunately Janis had an old looking face as a young woman, had she lived given all her excesses, she would have looked terrible.

I loved Janis and Jimi, it would have been interesting to see what kind of careers they would have had with all the horrible changes in pop and rock music. Somehow, I could see Janis working with Jack White, he's really into the blues and the 60s and 70s era of British blues rock.

So, Sting and Trudie Styler are approachable? What party was this? They must have been drunk to the gills, because Trudie is one total nasty delusional bitch.

Years ago, a female friend stayed at Sting's NYC apartment for a few days, at the time she was dating one of Sting's entourage. The apartment was huge, so there was room for two people to not disturb Her Royal Highness Trudie. The apartment Sting owed at the time was a duplex.

I guess Trudie was bored or she really does like women, Trudie kept making passes at my friend, my friend is not bi and aftere being harassed by Trudie for a few days, she told Trudie off. Trudie was pissed that my friend didn't want to have sex with her, she threw my friend and her boyfriend out.

Sting seemed to be pussy whipped by Trudie, my friend was astonished that Sting had no say when she threw her and the boyfriend out. What a bitch. This was not the first time I'd heard negative things about Trudie, Years later, she was sued by her pregnant cook who worked for them at one of their homes in England. I think it involved the cook traveling fore hours to make Trudie SOUP!

Another part of the lawsuit involved Trudie reprimanding her cook for getting pregnant, meanwhile Trudie has been pumping out kids for years, the better to keep that Sting money coming, if she ever divorces him, she will still be set for life.

Trudie Styler lured Sting away from his first wife, an Irish stage actress, who happened to be her best friend, Trudie's a vile woman.

by Anonymousreply 110June 18, 2012 11:28 PM

If Steven Tyler has had a lot of work done, he needs to ask for a refund. David Bowie only became bloated after the heart problem due to the medication he is on. Bad news: Your nose and ears get bigger and drop just like your face whilst your eyes and lips become thinner and smaller. Boobs droop, butt sags, gets flatter and crushes together when you sit down, you lose height, sometimes go grey, get sun spots, sagging tum and Vulva, bladder weakens and all sorts of things go wrong That's life so always look on the bright side of it.:)

by Anonymousreply 111February 3, 2013 7:20 PM

[quote]Who the hell does Mick Jagger think he's fooling with that wig he's been wearing for decades.

WTF?

by Anonymousreply 112October 3, 2014 10:15 PM

From this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113March 13, 2015 7:43 AM

To this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114March 13, 2015 7:44 AM

What's with the accusations about Jagger wearing a wig for decades? He's always had great thick hair, it is possible that there are great hair genes in this family.

If it's a wig, it's damn excellent. He must be using Beyonce's hair people.

Gluing a full wig on daily is not something a man, or a woman, enjoys doing. My brother is a hair stylist, he's seen cases where women with alopecia, who need to wear full hairpieces, the type which must be glued on throughout the entire scalp, sometimes develop allergies from the glue and the glue removers.

Wouldn't Jagger have to wear a wig all the time, due to paparazzi?

It anyone looks as if they are wearing bad extensions, it's Madonna. Her hair has been looking bad for awhile now, it looks dull, fried, dry and fake.

by Anonymousreply 115April 22, 2015 10:23 AM

Joan Jett is creeping into Real Housewife territory. She needs to cut that shit out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116March 29, 2016 2:27 AM

Eddie Van Halen looks like Charlie Sheen on a 2 week meth bender.

by Anonymousreply 117March 29, 2016 2:53 AM

Here's Eddie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118March 29, 2016 2:54 AM

I remember seeing Eddie Van Halen at a Baja Fresh in Sherman Oaks/Studio City, while we both waited for a to-go order, about 15 years ago, and thinking "Holllllllllyyy shit!"

He especially suffers (and did, even then) in comparison to ex-wife, Valerie Bertinelli, who I had also seen around the area.

by Anonymousreply 119March 29, 2016 5:36 AM

R13 Tommy Lee was hot af like 10 years ago. He looks unwashed and dishevelled round the clock, but the body and face and hair underneath the thin film of grime look youthful considering his age.

Maybe he just carries the look off well. Confidence goes a hell of a long way, as do personal stylists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120February 9, 2017 6:40 PM

Sting ruined his looks in the mid 80s, when he got that nose job. He was really striking during his years with The Police. His wife has had so many surgeries her face looks slippery.

by Anonymousreply 121February 9, 2017 6:47 PM

The interesting thing is that the older ones--Jagger, McCartney, etc.--are sort of paving the path as far as aging rock star style goes. Before them it was all suits, all the time, for the most part. There's really no set playbook as to how to age properly in rock and these men/women are kind of making it up as they go. Rock is a young man's game with young man's clothes. Adapting must be tricky. (Unless you're Stevie Nicks and you pick a style and stick to it for 40 years because why not? You're Stevie Nicks.)

Bowie did it better than anyone. I saw him on tour in 2002, when he was frequently wearing that blue suit, and he looked gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 122February 9, 2017 6:56 PM

I wish the OT link had not expired.

Otherwise, McCartney looks like shit. His nose is fucked, his cheeks are puffy and the hair has got to go.

by Anonymousreply 123February 9, 2017 8:29 PM

One of these guys aged a lot better than the other one...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124February 9, 2017 9:17 PM

R122: it's not a young man's game anymore. There aren't really young, fresh rock stars anymore, so the times have caught up with them. I'm surprised Tom petty aged relatively well. He was never a looker, but I expected him to go bald with that wispy hair and he never did.

Until he had to be on meds David Bowie won this contest hands down. Most of these goys weren't beauties to begin with so it matters a lot less. Their appeal might have been sex/youth, but it wasn't physical perfection.

I watched The Last Waltz for the first time a few weeks ago - a very unattractive group of humans. Would they even try to be in the biz today? Can't decide if I'm happy I missed that era or not. On the one hand, it allowed talent to take precedence and yet - ye gods, that was atrocious. Dylan came on at the end and even in the worst possible '70s era for style, he still subtly outcooled everyone.

by Anonymousreply 125February 9, 2017 9:50 PM

Guys, rock music is the profession ugly guys pursue so that they can fuck attractive women who would otherwise shun them.

It's not easy to find a really attractive rock star.

by Anonymousreply 126February 9, 2017 10:01 PM

Kristofferson was good looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127February 9, 2017 10:05 PM

Here's OP's link again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128February 9, 2017 10:31 PM

Here's Siouxsie Sioux at the Ivors awards in 2012, she would have been 55 at the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129February 9, 2017 10:38 PM

It looks like pig noses drop too. Thank God. I'm 40 and and piggy nosed. I hate it.

by Anonymousreply 130February 9, 2017 10:49 PM

This gorgeous interviewer asks Vince Neil & Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue their feelings about 'ageing as a rockstar' and as 'Lost Boys', and they give typically pithy responses.

[quote] NEIL: "(beat) Getting old's a bitch."

[quote] SIXX: "The way I see it you have two choices: grow old, or die."

Nikki actually looks amazing for his age, looking more attractive and youthful nearing 60 than he did at 30.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131February 11, 2017 12:35 PM

R119 I sometimes wonder if there's a deeper reason than basic attraction & status-signalling to the whole 'rockstar-marries-a-model' cliche. Even when their short careers end, women like that have the confidence to turn heads wherever they go I.e. attract attention....and if there's one thing a rockstar needs to live, it's attention. A rockstar with a model wife can keep a spotlight on himself even if his looks fade...

Or he's closeted, the model is a big old red flag for that, too.

This doesn't seem to happen with female rockstars, though, who are usually either openly & happily lesbian or are openly & happily married to very plain-looking and ordinary non-showbiz dudes.

by Anonymousreply 132February 13, 2017 10:52 AM

Aw R131, Vince had such a naturally pretty face, why the surgery? That Celebrity Skin pressure is evil.

They have both been through a lot and it shows, but Vince has had it worse. He buried his baby daughter, had the accident, battled the bottle...and critics and fans won't kiss his ass for it like they do with Nikki.

by Anonymousreply 133February 14, 2017 9:00 AM

If Nikki Sixx would just stop with the shoe polish black hair dye and let a bit of grey in, he would look amazing.

And even though I want to slap myself or saying this, because I loathe him, Ted Nugent really looks good.

Steve Perry ad Paul McCartney really do look like matronly lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 134February 14, 2017 9:39 AM

[quote] If Nikki Sixx would just stop with the shoe polish black hair dye and let a bit of grey in, he would look amazing.

His commitment to the gimmick is weird, particularly for someone who claims to resent the image of his past. Certainly his fans would have forgiven him if Y2K hit and he decided not to dye his hair/beard anymore?

It's not even confirmed what his natural hair color is, as pre-Crue pics of him are so scarce (and all in b/w). The assumption is dark brown as he's got mixed-Italian blood but that's a guess. He did have glasses as a kid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135February 17, 2017 11:58 PM

Most of these have been smoking 40 a day for the last 40-50 years and that has aged them more than drink and drugs.

by Anonymousreply 136February 18, 2017 12:00 AM

R130, pig noses don't drop, they spread.

by Anonymousreply 137February 18, 2017 12:02 AM

R136 don’t they say, when it comes to aging hedonistically, that wine, speed & w**d are fine indeed; but cr*ck, cigs & beer age you years?

by Anonymousreply 138February 18, 2017 11:42 AM

I love how Nancy Wilson always looks. Great hair, great style, a beautiful glam badass of rock in her 60s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139March 3, 2017 9:07 PM

R128 - UGLY!

by Anonymousreply 140March 3, 2017 10:25 PM

Looking at the photos again at R128, I would say that Joan Jett, Springsteen and Nugent have fared the best.

Springsteen has used incredibly good judgment in his facial plastic surgery. He is not feminized at all. Guys, leave the upper eyelids alone.

Otherwise you get Burt Reynolds, Wayne Newton and Kenny Rogers.

by Anonymousreply 141March 4, 2017 1:09 AM

Bananarama look good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142March 4, 2017 1:25 AM

Wow R142. Color this babydyke dazzled. They were cute when young, but they matured into HOT.

by Anonymousreply 143March 4, 2017 2:44 PM

Oprah: How do you feel, though, about getting older?

Cher: I think it sucks!

Oprah: What about all the wisdom?

Cher: Ugh, bullshit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144October 27, 2018 2:53 PM

This thread was so choice. It was started when Bowie was still alive!

I saw L.A. Guns recently and couldn't decide if the hair on those guys was real. I think Tracii's thick mop is all his (he always did have tons of shaggy coarse hair) but Phil Lewis I'm not so sure about. I'm glad they're still out there playing the hits even if they are paunchy and craggy and kind of crinkly now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145June 24, 2019 7:33 PM

To the above posters who wondered what happened to Linda Ronstadt it’s Parkinsons and the medication that goes along with it. She can no longer sing.

by Anonymousreply 146June 24, 2019 8:41 PM

This is a bump bitch post. The OP's link is dead, and that's the entire point of this thread, the article linked at the OP. Apparently she has bumped the thread repeatedly in the past to accrue karma points so she can post from one of her 25 browsers and devices.

Nobody above is wondering what happened to Linda Ronstadt because they posted in this thread over 5 years ago.

Bump bitch is R145, wasting your time so she can indulge her mental illnesses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147June 24, 2019 8:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!