Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jennifer Lopez

Is she only famous because of the casting couch?

Supposedly fucked Tommy Mottola for a record deal, Keenan Wayans for her dance gig on In Living Color, Puffy for music cred, Affleck to be part of a Hollywood 'power couple.'

The woman has NO talent other than blatant self promotion.

by Anonymousreply 8205/10/2014

From her Vogue interview

On being 42:

“I don’t feel older, and I don’t feel like I look it, either, so I am just acting the same way I have always acted”

On her long-time manager, Benny Medina:

When I ask Lopez if she thinks of him as her “gay husband,” she laughs and says, “Yeah! I kinda do!” But then she gets more serious. “I just think of him as a real, creative soul mate. He’s been the most consistent man in my life besides my dad. We love each other. People always ask about all the men I dated, and I am like, ‘You know the Benny and Jennifer story? That’s the real story here.’ ”

On learning to love herself:

Suddenly, Lopez leans forward and shows me a ring she has on her finger. Someone gave it to her right after her divorce as a reminder to “love myself first,” she says. Indeed, it is a diamond band that spells out: I LOVE ME. “That may sound conceited, but it’s not. If you don’t love yourself, you can’t love anybody else. And I think as women we really forget that. All we want is to be happy, to feel secure, to feel understood. But you can’t look for somebody else to do that for you. You think about it. . . . Oh, yeah, of course I care about myself. Of course I have good self-esteem. But when you really take a good look, you are not treating yourself like someone who does. And when you let people treat you in a way that you don’t want to be treated, it’s not their fault. It’s yours.”

Her manager, Medina, on her relationships:

“The thing that I always sort of wished is that she would give herself time to just naturally meet someone,” he says, “instead of having nearly obsessive guys pursue her. The ease with which that obsession becomes a relationship I think sometimes works against her ability to have a real meaningful relationship.” He goes on: “And she never half does anything. When she commits to anything in her work, her life, or her relationships, she is in it. I’m not telling you anything I haven’t told her. And I think to her detriment, the will of Jennifer is so strong that she believes that it can actually change who someone is and how they relate to her.”

On having a diva reputation and developing confidence:

“I had such a reputation,” she says of that time. “And it was sad because I felt like it so didn’t represent who I really was.”

But as she herself will attest, in some ways the negativity came from within. “I think of myself on that day at the studio on Long Island and how insecure I was about my own talent. I just never really gave myself any credit. And because of that, nobody else did either. You mirror what the world mirrors to you.” She thanks Anthony for helping her believe in herself. “He always told me what a beautiful voice I have. He was like, ‘It’s in there; you just gotta let it out. It’s a confidence thing with you.’ Then all of a sudden one day I was like, I’m good at this!” Here she gets as worked up as I have ever seen her. “Oh, man! People are not giving me jobs because they feel sorry for me! I am an actress. I am a singer. I am a performer. That’s what I do! Once I started giving myself a little credit, the whole world opened up.”

On her twins:

“They do something to you where you want to do everything right for them,” she says. “And obviously no parent does everything right. It’s this weird thing that happens where you are striving to be as good as you can be so that they turn out well. And that requires that you be a really great, evolved, aware person in every moment. Which is pretty awesome. But it’s also putting tremendous pressure on yourself—which is why women feel so guilty!”

On doing American Idol:

“I’ve been in the music business for years,” she says. “I know what it is to audition, to perform, to write a song and record and tour. I have something to say, and you never get to talk about stuff like that.” The big surprise has been to realize that people didn’t know what a sweetheart she is. “Silly me, I thought everybody knew my personality already. And they didn’t!” She laughs. “So this is a great time because I feel like people really, finally know me.”

by Anonymousreply 103/17/2012

[quote]“I don’t feel older, and I don’t feel like I look it, either, so I am just acting the same way I have always acted”

Yep.

by Anonymousreply 303/17/2012

I don't know that I would call her talentless. She worked as a professional dancer for years and paid her dues. Supposedly a very saavy business woman.

by Anonymousreply 503/17/2012

Ok forget Lopez, any Benny Medina stories? He was the inspiration for "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" and was Will Smith's manager. Got to be some tea there......

by Anonymousreply 603/17/2012

I think she's a horrible dancer.

by Anonymousreply 703/17/2012

She is the ultimate starfucker: P-Diddy for music; Ben Affleck for acting, and on and on... she just hunts down the right dick and jackhammers it with her fat ass.

She's one celeb I can't stand, and will turn the TV if she comes on. She has nothing to say, can't sing or act. And her "I'm just Jenny from the block" act is nauseating: she is a towering bitch on wheels who is constantly scheming for her next dollar.

But you have to admire her moxie. She's made a whole lot out of nothing.

by Anonymousreply 803/17/2012

Americans are stupid, publicity can sell them every untalented cunt as singer or celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 903/17/2012

She has rode her hot ass to the top. It's as simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 1003/17/2012

She's so dull, it hurts.

by Anonymousreply 1103/17/2012

She is basically Raquel Welch with no class.

by Anonymousreply 1203/17/2012

Don't people always say Diddy or Puff Daddy or whatever is gay?

by Anonymousreply 1303/17/2012

She's not untalented as an actress. She just should have stuck with that.

by Anonymousreply 1403/17/2012

r6 Id like to know more about Benny Medina too.

by Anonymousreply 1503/17/2012

I think she is very talented and I always thought Puffy was gay, so does that make sense?

by Anonymousreply 1603/17/2012

I think she's a good actor...very good. I don't know why she tried to do EVERYTHING...it made her look like a Brittney.

by Anonymousreply 1703/17/2012

She's not a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 1803/17/2012

She's fucking gorgeous either way.

by Anonymousreply 1903/17/2012

She's a mediocrity with a bland persona and uninteresting looks who seems completely inauthentic.

Perfect for the American market, si?

by Anonymousreply 2003/17/2012

She looks great for her age.

by Anonymousreply 2103/17/2012

Look, the woman is a great actress and if you don't know it, it's because you are not in a position to judge.

by Anonymousreply 2203/17/2012

I can't tell if r22 is trying to be facetious.

by Anonymousreply 2303/17/2012

Her dancing is professional if not great--her singing really is not. Her acting is OK, sometimes more in the right vehicle.

But yeah she has worked her opportunities to the max.

by Anonymousreply 2403/17/2012

R4, She's Nuyorican, not Mexican, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 2503/17/2012

Why did her and Ben Affleck split up? I think they were each other's soul mate.

by Anonymousreply 2603/17/2012

R4 is quoting a (racist) South Park episode.

by Anonymousreply 2703/17/2012

I loved that South Park episode. When it aired it was just so perfect because the world was totally fucking sick of Jennifer Lopez. At the time she was EVERYWHERE.

by Anonymousreply 2803/17/2012

Her videos are always godawful dorky. Her teeny voice warbles along as she always ends-up with a bunch of people dancing behind her, while she coos and pouts into the camera.

by Anonymousreply 2903/17/2012

She's the Latina Liz Taylor. Every time she falls in love, she gets married.

by Anonymousreply 3003/17/2012

I noticed in one of the billions of commercials she is in (I think it is for her own line of clothing at Kohl's) that she is a very self-conscious dancer.

And she makes me not want to buy any product she is associated with.

I hate her sooooooooooooooooooooo much. Flames. FLAMES! Flames. From the sides of my head.

by Anonymousreply 3203/17/2012

Darren Aronofsky(!) directed that Kohl's commercial. So bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 3303/17/2012

I wish her first husband wasnt banned from releasing that tell all book.

by Anonymousreply 3403/17/2012

That Vogue article. Either the woman is completely deluded or just a compulsive liar. Or both.

by Anonymousreply 3503/17/2012

She was really good in Selena.

by Anonymousreply 3603/17/2012

She was good in [italic]Out of Sight[/italic]. And that's the only time I've spotted talent in her.

by Anonymousreply 3703/17/2012

"she just hunts down the right dick and jackhammers it with her fat ass."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

What an image!! I love it!!!

by Anonymousreply 3803/17/2012

She was also very good in Bordertown.

by Anonymousreply 3903/17/2012

It's rather telling that she is all "me, me, me" and "I, I, I" during most of the interview, then when her kids are mentioned, it's all suddenly "you, you, you". It'd be no surprise if we learned she's not all that involved as a parent.

by Anonymousreply 4003/17/2012

Jennifer was excellent in Out of Sight with George Clooney and they had amazing chemistry.

She was also good in that Latino movie she made with Marc Anthony.

I think she is a pretty good actress. That is where her focus should be she should forget about singing.

by Anonymousreply 4103/17/2012

[quote]That is where her focus should be she should forget about singing.

Her focus should be on getting the fuck away from our faces, just as your focus should be on learning punctuation.

I hate her. HATE HER.

by Anonymousreply 4203/18/2012

Her birthday is on the same day as mine.

Not sure how I feel about that just yet.

by Anonymousreply 4303/18/2012

George Clooney supposedly said he'd never work with her again - her attitude on set was shitty.

by Anonymousreply 4403/18/2012

R42 Me too! I was so glad when this bitch faded out of popularity in 2005, but then of course that shitfest American Idol had to bring the whore back in the public eye. I can't stand that loud-mouth laugh of hers either.

by Anonymousreply 4503/18/2012

[quote]George Clooney supposedly said he'd never work with her again - her attitude on set was shitty.

Not surprised at all. No wonder she isn't getting decent scripts anymore - nobody wants to work with a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 4603/18/2012

Yeah I fucked some old dick to get ahead, so did Mariah and so did Ricky M (yeah he was a boy and he LOVED it).

Dont hate, putas

by Anonymousreply 4703/18/2012

I see Mariah has been posting on this thread. Mooriah, shouldn't you be making sure your husband is feeling ok?

by Anonymousreply 4803/18/2012

yeah really r48. I can't believe this many people hate her with this much fervor

by Anonymousreply 4903/18/2012

She hasn't created much good will for herself, R49.

by Anonymousreply 5003/18/2012

did she kill somebody?

by Anonymousreply 5103/18/2012

There are plenty of stories of her acting like a cunt to waiters, assistants, etc. This is a woman who demanded lilies in her toilet water. Who needs to shit on fucking lilies?

by Anonymousreply 5203/18/2012

So, is Diddy gay or not?

by Anonymousreply 5303/18/2012

High Fly Girl, A Whore

by Anonymousreply 5503/19/2012

I think she's trying to position herself as a touring artist ala Madonna. I think her tour was successful? I don't know. She has some good songs but needs to release higher quality material more often.

by Anonymousreply 5601/18/2013

I will never forgive American Idol for jump starting her dead career.

by Anonymousreply 5701/18/2013

Agree w/ # 14. Once she started becoming JLO the media empress, whatever talent she had as an actress went down the drain.

by Anonymousreply 5801/18/2013

But all those men in the OP are gay. They wouldn't want JLo for anything other than bearding purposes.

by Anonymousreply 5901/18/2013

I just remember that Vogue (?) interview she did when she was like 25 when she shat on Gwen Paltrow, Cammie Diaz, et al. and no one disagreed with her.

by Anonymousreply 6001/18/2013

Did she really demand lilies in her toilet water?

by Anonymousreply 6101/18/2013

Worked with her once, r61. Never saw that on the list but that doesn't mean she demanded it in other productions. I'm no help, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 6201/18/2013

Isn't she over? She's not still considered A list, is she?

by Anonymousreply 6301/18/2013

Anyone who dresses her children in Gucci clothing is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 6401/18/2013

She's a stunning woman and is a good actress and a passable dancer. Her music is innocuous enough although her voice is definitely pretty weak.

by Anonymousreply 6501/18/2013

[quote]Isn't she over? She's not still considered A list, is she?

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Her last album flopped, her singles only do well when she has some current young rapper make an appearance on her songs, and her movies are forgettable trash. Yet she always remains in the papers. Hopefully she'll fade out of popularity again soon like she did from 2005-2010.

by Anonymousreply 6601/18/2013

R60 That interview was in Movieline.

by Anonymousreply 6701/18/2013

Jennifer Whorpez's greatest hits:

by Anonymousreply 6801/18/2013

CDAN has had an ongoing blind item about a female artist who didn't sing on her debut album and most people think it's her.

She doesn't tip at all.

by Anonymousreply 6901/18/2013

This is a must read, the legendary Movieline article.

She is as ridiculous as Goop, either this was a calculated publicity stunt or she learnt her lesson very early on to hide her inner cunt.

There are so many highlights, best bit: her wanting to play both roles in West Side Story.

by Anonymousreply 7005/17/2013

I wish she would go back to NYC and leave the rest of us in peace. I, too, turn the channel everytime I hear her voice or see her face.

by Anonymousreply 7105/17/2013

Why the fuck is this old 43 year old whore still trying to release singles with rappers, pretending she's still 23? Grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 7205/17/2013

She definitely chose the fugliest guy she was ever involved with to reproduce with. Hopefully her looks overpower Marc Anthony's ugly skeleton features. Actually, her current bf (the one that goes to gloryholes in NYC) is borderline fuglier than Marc Anthony. She can dress her kids in as much Gucci as she wants, but that aint gonna chnage the fact that she didn't get Ben AFfleck's OScar Winning genes in her punani. She would have it MADE if she had been able to hold onto him...take what Kate Beckinsale's lame director husband did for her career and multiply that by a million and that's what Ben could've done for JLo. Jennifer would've probably already had an Oscar by now or be on target to get one within 5 years. She has no "in" in Hollywood now and has basically been blacklisted by Reese and Jen Garner. That's why she's obsessed with establishing herself as a touring artist ala Madonna and is focusing basically only on her music (and when she's focused on her music, she's able to put out good pop). Jen is stupid enough to have let Marc Anthony make all her decisions regarding her music, when Jen's intuition for her musical output had been SPOT ON (the Ja Rule collaborations, letting Ashanti write good R&B for her, writing Waiting for Tonight) until he started having her release lame Spanish CDs (when she had barely mastered Spanish).

Now she's a struggling pop star at 40 plus signed to some lame producer's vanity label. I think Jennifer is talented in that she knows how to maintain and improve her beauty, knows how to reinvent her look constantly, has a good pop voice and *can* be a good actress (very prone to overacting), but she fucked up in losing Ben Affleck and letting Marc Anthony fuck her life up.

by Anonymousreply 7305/17/2013

She hasn't changed her look in over a decade: updo, tight dress, plunging neckline...repeat.

She would have no music career if it wasn't for autotune.

The last time she was every authentic on film was in Out of Sight and how long ago was that?

But...she has made A LOT of money from having very little to offer.

by Anonymousreply 7405/17/2013

Ugh. So I saw this on the frontpage of youtube. She's only been away for 2 minutes but now she's back again, least it has Pitbull. Please stop making music bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7505/18/2013

I don't hate her as an 'actress'. She's like a Jennifer Aniston or a Cameron Diaz. But her music sucks and she has a diva vibe that I don't like.

by Anonymousreply 7605/18/2013

R37, So how come JLo was the one girl with whom Clooney had undeniable chemistry? Did she out kink him? Tie him to a bed and beat him and . .

by Anonymousreply 7705/18/2013

The expression "Jack of all trades, master at none" is the best way to describe J. Lo. She was the female mogul/triple threat "it girl" of the early 2000 though. She still has more style than the wannabe divas who came after her (Beyonce, Kim K, Rihanna, Gwen Stefani, Britney). She is a gorgeous gal & she's a talented dancer. I'll give her that. She's a mediocre actress & a joke of a singer though. Tommy Mottola's ax to grind with Mariah Carey along with P. Diddy's connections are what helped jumpstart her recording career. She did sleep her way to to the top. She started with Keenan Ivory Wayans of In Living Color. Jamie Foxx doesn't refer to her as J. Ho for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 7805/18/2013

Her new song is actually growing on me even after I totally trashed her last night. When she has the yellow lipstick on and is doing the glamour poses, she looks hot as fuck.

NO one is talking about the awkwardness of her having to perform/dance within 10 feet of Mariah Carey? IT was almost as if J.Lo was off her a-game due to the anxiety of having to be so close to someone she hates so much. She seemed very nervous which is unlike her.

by Anonymousreply 7905/18/2013

Mariah knows Jennifer is not a singer. More like Milli Vanilli. That video is awful. Jennifer doesn't even try to dance and is a lazy drag queen. Giving face is not singing.

by Anonymousreply 8005/18/2013

old interview

by Anonymousreply 8105/10/2014

Both Wayan Brothers at the same time for MONEY TRAIN

by Anonymousreply 8205/10/2014
Need more help? Click Here.