Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jennifer Lopez

Is she only famous because of the casting couch?

Supposedly fucked Tommy Mottola for a record deal, Keenan Wayans for her dance gig on In Living Color, Puffy for music cred, Affleck to be part of a Hollywood 'power couple.'

The woman has NO talent other than blatant self promotion.

by Anonymousreply 92September 24, 2018 2:19 PM

From her Vogue interview

On being 42:

“I don’t feel older, and I don’t feel like I look it, either, so I am just acting the same way I have always acted”

On her long-time manager, Benny Medina:

When I ask Lopez if she thinks of him as her “gay husband,” she laughs and says, “Yeah! I kinda do!” But then she gets more serious. “I just think of him as a real, creative soul mate. He’s been the most consistent man in my life besides my dad. We love each other. People always ask about all the men I dated, and I am like, ‘You know the Benny and Jennifer story? That’s the real story here.’ ”

On learning to love herself:

Suddenly, Lopez leans forward and shows me a ring she has on her finger. Someone gave it to her right after her divorce as a reminder to “love myself first,” she says. Indeed, it is a diamond band that spells out: I LOVE ME. “That may sound conceited, but it’s not. If you don’t love yourself, you can’t love anybody else. And I think as women we really forget that. All we want is to be happy, to feel secure, to feel understood. But you can’t look for somebody else to do that for you. You think about it. . . . Oh, yeah, of course I care about myself. Of course I have good self-esteem. But when you really take a good look, you are not treating yourself like someone who does. And when you let people treat you in a way that you don’t want to be treated, it’s not their fault. It’s yours.”

Her manager, Medina, on her relationships:

“The thing that I always sort of wished is that she would give herself time to just naturally meet someone,” he says, “instead of having nearly obsessive guys pursue her. The ease with which that obsession becomes a relationship I think sometimes works against her ability to have a real meaningful relationship.” He goes on: “And she never half does anything. When she commits to anything in her work, her life, or her relationships, she is in it. I’m not telling you anything I haven’t told her. And I think to her detriment, the will of Jennifer is so strong that she believes that it can actually change who someone is and how they relate to her.”

On having a diva reputation and developing confidence:

“I had such a reputation,” she says of that time. “And it was sad because I felt like it so didn’t represent who I really was.”

But as she herself will attest, in some ways the negativity came from within. “I think of myself on that day at the studio on Long Island and how insecure I was about my own talent. I just never really gave myself any credit. And because of that, nobody else did either. You mirror what the world mirrors to you.” She thanks Anthony for helping her believe in herself. “He always told me what a beautiful voice I have. He was like, ‘It’s in there; you just gotta let it out. It’s a confidence thing with you.’ Then all of a sudden one day I was like, I’m good at this!” Here she gets as worked up as I have ever seen her. “Oh, man! People are not giving me jobs because they feel sorry for me! I am an actress. I am a singer. I am a performer. That’s what I do! Once I started giving myself a little credit, the whole world opened up.”

On her twins:

“They do something to you where you want to do everything right for them,” she says. “And obviously no parent does everything right. It’s this weird thing that happens where you are striving to be as good as you can be so that they turn out well. And that requires that you be a really great, evolved, aware person in every moment. Which is pretty awesome. But it’s also putting tremendous pressure on yourself—which is why women feel so guilty!”

On doing American Idol:

“I’ve been in the music business for years,” she says. “I know what it is to audition, to perform, to write a song and record and tour. I have something to say, and you never get to talk about stuff like that.” The big surprise has been to realize that people didn’t know what a sweetheart she is. “Silly me, I thought everybody knew my personality already. And they didn’t!” She laughs. “So this is a great time because I feel like people really, finally know me.”

by Anonymousreply 1March 17, 2012 1:35 PM

She is definitely one of the least talented biggest stars in show business. She must be smart- certainly is ambitious.

by Anonymousreply 2March 17, 2012 3:49 PM

[quote]“I don’t feel older, and I don’t feel like I look it, either, so I am just acting the same way I have always acted”

Yep.

by Anonymousreply 3March 17, 2012 3:55 PM

"I like tacos and burrrrritos!!"

by Anonymousreply 4March 17, 2012 4:05 PM

I don't know that I would call her talentless. She worked as a professional dancer for years and paid her dues. Supposedly a very saavy business woman.

by Anonymousreply 5March 17, 2012 4:06 PM

Ok forget Lopez, any Benny Medina stories? He was the inspiration for "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" and was Will Smith's manager. Got to be some tea there......

by Anonymousreply 6March 17, 2012 6:05 PM

I think she's a horrible dancer.

by Anonymousreply 7March 17, 2012 6:08 PM

She is the ultimate starfucker: P-Diddy for music; Ben Affleck for acting, and on and on... she just hunts down the right dick and jackhammers it with her fat ass.

She's one celeb I can't stand, and will turn the TV if she comes on. She has nothing to say, can't sing or act. And her "I'm just Jenny from the block" act is nauseating: she is a towering bitch on wheels who is constantly scheming for her next dollar.

But you have to admire her moxie. She's made a whole lot out of nothing.

by Anonymousreply 8March 17, 2012 6:16 PM

Americans are stupid, publicity can sell them every untalented cunt as singer or celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 9March 17, 2012 6:17 PM

She has rode her hot ass to the top. It's as simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 10March 17, 2012 6:21 PM

She's so dull, it hurts.

by Anonymousreply 11March 17, 2012 6:23 PM

She is basically Raquel Welch with no class.

by Anonymousreply 12March 17, 2012 6:27 PM

Don't people always say Diddy or Puff Daddy or whatever is gay?

by Anonymousreply 13March 17, 2012 6:34 PM

She's not untalented as an actress. She just should have stuck with that.

by Anonymousreply 14March 17, 2012 6:41 PM

r6 Id like to know more about Benny Medina too.

by Anonymousreply 15March 17, 2012 7:12 PM

I think she is very talented and I always thought Puffy was gay, so does that make sense?

by Anonymousreply 16March 17, 2012 7:17 PM

I think she's a good actor...very good. I don't know why she tried to do EVERYTHING...it made her look like a Brittney.

by Anonymousreply 17March 17, 2012 7:20 PM

She's not a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 18March 17, 2012 7:23 PM

She's fucking gorgeous either way.

by Anonymousreply 19March 17, 2012 7:28 PM

She's a mediocrity with a bland persona and uninteresting looks who seems completely inauthentic.

Perfect for the American market, si?

by Anonymousreply 20March 17, 2012 7:29 PM

She looks great for her age.

by Anonymousreply 21March 17, 2012 7:31 PM

Look, the woman is a great actress and if you don't know it, it's because you are not in a position to judge.

by Anonymousreply 22March 17, 2012 7:46 PM

I can't tell if r22 is trying to be facetious.

by Anonymousreply 23March 17, 2012 8:11 PM

Her dancing is professional if not great--her singing really is not. Her acting is OK, sometimes more in the right vehicle.

But yeah she has worked her opportunities to the max.

by Anonymousreply 24March 17, 2012 8:15 PM

R4, She's Nuyorican, not Mexican, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 25March 17, 2012 9:11 PM

Why did her and Ben Affleck split up? I think they were each other's soul mate.

by Anonymousreply 26March 17, 2012 9:22 PM

R4 is quoting a (racist) South Park episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 17, 2012 9:22 PM

I loved that South Park episode. When it aired it was just so perfect because the world was totally fucking sick of Jennifer Lopez. At the time she was EVERYWHERE.

by Anonymousreply 28March 17, 2012 9:24 PM

Her videos are always godawful dorky. Her teeny voice warbles along as she always ends-up with a bunch of people dancing behind her, while she coos and pouts into the camera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 17, 2012 9:29 PM

She's the Latina Liz Taylor. Every time she falls in love, she gets married.

by Anonymousreply 30March 17, 2012 9:29 PM

[quote]Her dancing is professional if not great

Stop it right there.

by Anonymousreply 31March 17, 2012 9:53 PM

I noticed in one of the billions of commercials she is in (I think it is for her own line of clothing at Kohl's) that she is a very self-conscious dancer.

And she makes me not want to buy any product she is associated with.

I hate her sooooooooooooooooooooo much. Flames. FLAMES! Flames. From the sides of my head.

by Anonymousreply 32March 17, 2012 10:07 PM

Darren Aronofsky(!) directed that Kohl's commercial. So bizarre.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 17, 2012 10:22 PM

I wish her first husband wasnt banned from releasing that tell all book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 17, 2012 10:27 PM

That Vogue article. Either the woman is completely deluded or just a compulsive liar. Or both.

by Anonymousreply 35March 17, 2012 10:30 PM

She was really good in Selena.

by Anonymousreply 36March 18, 2012 12:21 AM

She was good in [italic]Out of Sight[/italic]. And that's the only time I've spotted talent in her.

by Anonymousreply 37March 18, 2012 12:43 AM

"she just hunts down the right dick and jackhammers it with her fat ass."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

What an image!! I love it!!!

by Anonymousreply 38March 18, 2012 12:45 AM

She was also very good in Bordertown.

by Anonymousreply 39March 18, 2012 2:25 AM

It's rather telling that she is all "me, me, me" and "I, I, I" during most of the interview, then when her kids are mentioned, it's all suddenly "you, you, you". It'd be no surprise if we learned she's not all that involved as a parent.

by Anonymousreply 40March 18, 2012 2:34 AM

Jennifer was excellent in Out of Sight with George Clooney and they had amazing chemistry.

She was also good in that Latino movie she made with Marc Anthony.

I think she is a pretty good actress. That is where her focus should be she should forget about singing.

by Anonymousreply 41March 18, 2012 2:37 AM

[quote]That is where her focus should be she should forget about singing.

Her focus should be on getting the fuck away from our faces, just as your focus should be on learning punctuation.

I hate her. HATE HER.

by Anonymousreply 42March 18, 2012 4:02 AM

Her birthday is on the same day as mine.

Not sure how I feel about that just yet.

by Anonymousreply 43March 18, 2012 4:09 AM

George Clooney supposedly said he'd never work with her again - her attitude on set was shitty.

by Anonymousreply 44March 18, 2012 4:17 AM

R42 Me too! I was so glad when this bitch faded out of popularity in 2005, but then of course that shitfest American Idol had to bring the whore back in the public eye. I can't stand that loud-mouth laugh of hers either.

by Anonymousreply 45March 18, 2012 4:20 AM

[quote]George Clooney supposedly said he'd never work with her again - her attitude on set was shitty.

Not surprised at all. No wonder she isn't getting decent scripts anymore - nobody wants to work with a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 46March 18, 2012 4:21 AM

Yeah I fucked some old dick to get ahead, so did Mariah and so did Ricky M (yeah he was a boy and he LOVED it).

Dont hate, putas

by Anonymousreply 47March 18, 2012 4:25 AM

I see Mariah has been posting on this thread. Mooriah, shouldn't you be making sure your husband is feeling ok?

by Anonymousreply 48March 18, 2012 4:29 AM

yeah really r48. I can't believe this many people hate her with this much fervor

by Anonymousreply 49March 19, 2012 12:07 AM

She hasn't created much good will for herself, R49.

by Anonymousreply 50March 19, 2012 12:21 AM

did she kill somebody?

by Anonymousreply 51March 19, 2012 12:53 AM

There are plenty of stories of her acting like a cunt to waiters, assistants, etc. This is a woman who demanded lilies in her toilet water. Who needs to shit on fucking lilies?

by Anonymousreply 52March 19, 2012 12:59 AM

So, is Diddy gay or not?

by Anonymousreply 53March 19, 2012 1:05 AM

Pas toi, non, non, certainly not a peasant like yourself, R52!

by Anonymousreply 54March 19, 2012 6:09 AM

High Fly Girl, A Whore

by Anonymousreply 55March 19, 2012 6:18 AM

I think she's trying to position herself as a touring artist ala Madonna. I think her tour was successful? I don't know. She has some good songs but needs to release higher quality material more often.

by Anonymousreply 56January 18, 2013 10:07 PM

I will never forgive American Idol for jump starting her dead career.

by Anonymousreply 57January 18, 2013 10:11 PM

Agree w/ # 14. Once she started becoming JLO the media empress, whatever talent she had as an actress went down the drain.

by Anonymousreply 58January 18, 2013 10:23 PM

But all those men in the OP are gay. They wouldn't want JLo for anything other than bearding purposes.

by Anonymousreply 59January 18, 2013 10:45 PM

I just remember that Vogue (?) interview she did when she was like 25 when she shat on Gwen Paltrow, Cammie Diaz, et al. and no one disagreed with her.

by Anonymousreply 60January 18, 2013 10:48 PM

Did she really demand lilies in her toilet water?

by Anonymousreply 61January 18, 2013 10:59 PM

Worked with her once, r61. Never saw that on the list but that doesn't mean she demanded it in other productions. I'm no help, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 62January 18, 2013 11:03 PM

Isn't she over? She's not still considered A list, is she?

by Anonymousreply 63January 18, 2013 11:06 PM

Anyone who dresses her children in Gucci clothing is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 64January 18, 2013 11:07 PM

She's a stunning woman and is a good actress and a passable dancer. Her music is innocuous enough although her voice is definitely pretty weak.

by Anonymousreply 65January 18, 2013 11:31 PM

[quote]Isn't she over? She's not still considered A list, is she?

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Her last album flopped, her singles only do well when she has some current young rapper make an appearance on her songs, and her movies are forgettable trash. Yet she always remains in the papers. Hopefully she'll fade out of popularity again soon like she did from 2005-2010.

by Anonymousreply 66January 19, 2013 12:56 AM

R60 That interview was in Movieline.

by Anonymousreply 67January 19, 2013 1:05 AM

Jennifer Whorpez's greatest hits:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 19, 2013 1:43 AM

CDAN has had an ongoing blind item about a female artist who didn't sing on her debut album and most people think it's her.

She doesn't tip at all.

by Anonymousreply 69January 19, 2013 1:57 AM

This is a must read, the legendary Movieline article.

She is as ridiculous as Goop, either this was a calculated publicity stunt or she learnt her lesson very early on to hide her inner cunt.

There are so many highlights, best bit: her wanting to play both roles in West Side Story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 17, 2013 5:11 PM

I wish she would go back to NYC and leave the rest of us in peace. I, too, turn the channel everytime I hear her voice or see her face.

by Anonymousreply 71May 17, 2013 5:27 PM

Why the fuck is this old 43 year old whore still trying to release singles with rappers, pretending she's still 23? Grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 72May 17, 2013 5:35 PM

She definitely chose the fugliest guy she was ever involved with to reproduce with. Hopefully her looks overpower Marc Anthony's ugly skeleton features. Actually, her current bf (the one that goes to gloryholes in NYC) is borderline fuglier than Marc Anthony. She can dress her kids in as much Gucci as she wants, but that aint gonna chnage the fact that she didn't get Ben AFfleck's OScar Winning genes in her punani. She would have it MADE if she had been able to hold onto him...take what Kate Beckinsale's lame director husband did for her career and multiply that by a million and that's what Ben could've done for JLo. Jennifer would've probably already had an Oscar by now or be on target to get one within 5 years. She has no "in" in Hollywood now and has basically been blacklisted by Reese and Jen Garner. That's why she's obsessed with establishing herself as a touring artist ala Madonna and is focusing basically only on her music (and when she's focused on her music, she's able to put out good pop). Jen is stupid enough to have let Marc Anthony make all her decisions regarding her music, when Jen's intuition for her musical output had been SPOT ON (the Ja Rule collaborations, letting Ashanti write good R&B for her, writing Waiting for Tonight) until he started having her release lame Spanish CDs (when she had barely mastered Spanish).

Now she's a struggling pop star at 40 plus signed to some lame producer's vanity label. I think Jennifer is talented in that she knows how to maintain and improve her beauty, knows how to reinvent her look constantly, has a good pop voice and *can* be a good actress (very prone to overacting), but she fucked up in losing Ben Affleck and letting Marc Anthony fuck her life up.

by Anonymousreply 73May 17, 2013 10:36 PM

She hasn't changed her look in over a decade: updo, tight dress, plunging neckline...repeat.

She would have no music career if it wasn't for autotune.

The last time she was every authentic on film was in Out of Sight and how long ago was that?

But...she has made A LOT of money from having very little to offer.

by Anonymousreply 74May 17, 2013 11:03 PM

Ugh. So I saw this on the frontpage of youtube. She's only been away for 2 minutes but now she's back again, least it has Pitbull. Please stop making music bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 18, 2013 8:33 PM

I don't hate her as an 'actress'. She's like a Jennifer Aniston or a Cameron Diaz. But her music sucks and she has a diva vibe that I don't like.

by Anonymousreply 76May 18, 2013 9:44 PM

R37, So how come JLo was the one girl with whom Clooney had undeniable chemistry? Did she out kink him? Tie him to a bed and beat him and . .

by Anonymousreply 77May 18, 2013 10:27 PM

The expression "Jack of all trades, master at none" is the best way to describe J. Lo. She was the female mogul/triple threat "it girl" of the early 2000 though. She still has more style than the wannabe divas who came after her (Beyonce, Kim K, Rihanna, Gwen Stefani, Britney). She is a gorgeous gal & she's a talented dancer. I'll give her that. She's a mediocre actress & a joke of a singer though. Tommy Mottola's ax to grind with Mariah Carey along with P. Diddy's connections are what helped jumpstart her recording career. She did sleep her way to to the top. She started with Keenan Ivory Wayans of In Living Color. Jamie Foxx doesn't refer to her as J. Ho for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 78May 18, 2013 11:25 PM

Her new song is actually growing on me even after I totally trashed her last night. When she has the yellow lipstick on and is doing the glamour poses, she looks hot as fuck.

NO one is talking about the awkwardness of her having to perform/dance within 10 feet of Mariah Carey? IT was almost as if J.Lo was off her a-game due to the anxiety of having to be so close to someone she hates so much. She seemed very nervous which is unlike her.

by Anonymousreply 79May 18, 2013 11:31 PM

Mariah knows Jennifer is not a singer. More like Milli Vanilli. That video is awful. Jennifer doesn't even try to dance and is a lazy drag queen. Giving face is not singing.

by Anonymousreply 80May 18, 2013 11:41 PM

old interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 10, 2014 11:18 AM

Both Wayan Brothers at the same time for MONEY TRAIN

by Anonymousreply 82May 10, 2014 1:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83September 24, 2018 12:07 PM

blows my mind this old lady in her 50s wants to still be a hot teen tart..

sad

by Anonymousreply 84September 24, 2018 12:46 PM

R7 Yes; she is not a great dancer. She's more of a gyrator. She likes to dance in her videos, because a) she thinks she's a really good dancer, and b) it distracts from her wafer-thin vocal ability.

by Anonymousreply 85September 24, 2018 12:51 PM

She is one of the few celebrities that has gotten better looking as time passed. She was nothing to look at on In Living Color, but she really is gorgeous now. If she’s had work done, it’s been top quality.

by Anonymousreply 86September 24, 2018 1:21 PM

R86 The fact that she's been dying her skin brown since the mid-90s doesn't hurt. Girl was as pale as Casper the Friendly Ghost before that.

by Anonymousreply 87September 24, 2018 1:25 PM

I watched Paris is Burning last night and there was a dude on there who looked EXACTLY like JLo. Or she looked exactly like him is more like it. Auburn hair scraped back into a fierce ponytail, high cheekbones, nudey lips. I guess we know where she got HER look, unoriginal whore that she is.

by Anonymousreply 88September 24, 2018 1:30 PM

Her dancing is very one note. She does this leg drag thing that gets on my left nerve, like gurl we've seen it before. BUT I respect her hustle and think she looks gorgeous. Very easy on the eyes. I too wish she would have spent more time with acting in the later 2000s, but she took that mini break with Marc and popped out kids so the time came and went. I heard good things about her show.

She can't sing, but I like some of her songs, and love the fact that I can keep up with her thin voice.

by Anonymousreply 89September 24, 2018 1:44 PM

She and her $$$, should have done more for Puerto Rico.

by Anonymousreply 90September 24, 2018 2:02 PM

When will she do porn? Or "leak" nudes/sex video?

Hahaha I saw that drag queen in Paris is burning as well R88.

by Anonymousreply 91September 24, 2018 2:06 PM

Her singing voice on, "I'm Real," is phenomenal. Those vocals should have earned a Grammy. She never sounded better.

by Anonymousreply 92September 24, 2018 2:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!