Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

That absurd Adam Lambert queen will be fronting the band QUEEN this summer

"I know the evening will be a huge milestone for me, and with the support of Brian, Roger (Taylor, drummer) and the rest of the band I know magic will be on display."

Please make this person go away already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71June 29, 2020 4:02 PM

Why such disgust and a call to make him go away? Lambert fronting Queen would be a fun concert to see. It's not like he's everywhere in our faces.

by Anonymousreply 1February 21, 2012 12:40 PM

A brilliant marriage of the superannuated and the inconsequential.

by Anonymousreply 2February 21, 2012 12:41 PM

I like him. It would be a fun show.

by Anonymousreply 3February 21, 2012 1:36 PM

R2 trying way too hard for Wit & Wisdom.

by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2012 1:42 PM

I love Adam. He's so much fun.

It's amazing to me how much people on DL dislike gay people.

by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2012 1:47 PM

Just disgusting.

Good god. What's next? JK Rowling is Shakespere?

by Anonymousreply 6February 21, 2012 1:49 PM

[quote]Please make this person go away already.

GO away, yet you read an article about him and then reposted it. You either actually like him or are a complete blithering idiot. I think we know the answer.

by Anonymousreply 7February 21, 2012 2:14 PM

[quote]It's amazing to me how much people on DL dislike gay people.

R5, once again you answer your own question. Your tiresome, played-out "DL HATES GAY PEOPLE" shrieking whenever people here diss somebody who happens to be gay is just that, played-out. It has no power anymore.

You know why we don't like him as well as we do and it has nothing to do with who or what he sleeps with.

Go away now.

by Anonymousreply 8February 21, 2012 2:20 PM

I think OP thought he'd have a slam bang Adam bashing thread. And it's still possible he'll get it.

by Anonymousreply 9February 21, 2012 2:20 PM

discussed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 21, 2012 2:22 PM

I think he is talented.

by Anonymousreply 11February 21, 2012 2:30 PM

I love him, OP. Thanks for the heads up.

Btw, you'll be a happier person and live a better life if you contain your negativity.

Invest your energies on your passions not your hate. Just sayin.

by Anonymousreply 12February 21, 2012 2:37 PM

Make me R8.

I've never posted that before and I have NO IDEA why people don't like Adam. Enlighten me.

I'm just tired of the mean girl nastiness toward many gays here.

by Anonymousreply 13February 21, 2012 2:40 PM

Freddie would approve, and that's all anyone needs to know.

The rest is just bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 14February 21, 2012 2:48 PM

I saw Adam in concert and he was very good. Gorgeous little studly dancers too!

He has a great voice and I'll see the tour if it comes nearby. He has the talent, range and flamboyance.

I'll bet it's a fun concert.

by Anonymousreply 15February 21, 2012 2:52 PM

KA-CHING!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 16February 21, 2012 2:59 PM

I was checking to see if anyone had started a thread about the Queen +Lambert tour and could't find anything.

The Chicago show was beyond what I was expecting. The whole production was massive and you forget how many hits they had. The audience of mostly Queen fans were largely won over by Adam. The band is in top form and all seemed to be having a blast.

If anyone id interested enough to start a thread I'll post some videos and reviews.

Here are some headlines I got from opening night reviews on the Queen fan page,

antiMusic.com - "Queen + Adam Lambert is pure majesty."

Rolling Stone - "Queen have a boatload of hits... and a boatload more."

Camel Clutch - "...put on a brilliant show on their opening night of their US tour."

Voice - Suntimes - "Queen, Adam Lambert rock the United Center in tour kick-off."

Chicago Tribune - "Queen, Adam Lambert bring back the glam."

Music News - "...proved that Brian May and Roger Taylor remain immense talents and Adam Lambert can certainly sing."

Hollywood Reporter - "Adam Lambert and Queen Rock Chicago on Opening Night. Tour kicked off in glam style onThursday night."

by Anonymousreply 17June 30, 2014 3:43 AM

Adam is a great live performer. He gives what the audience wants and more. He sings live on every song, btw. Go to a concert. You'll love it.

by Anonymousreply 18June 30, 2014 3:52 AM

He "sings live to every song," r18? Isn't that what a concert IS?

by Anonymousreply 19June 30, 2014 3:56 AM

I'd like to see some videos R17

by Anonymousreply 20June 30, 2014 3:59 AM

r19

Yes, If you exclude almost every pop act.

by Anonymousreply 21June 30, 2014 4:00 AM

Yet he still can't get a new record deal.

by Anonymousreply 22June 30, 2014 4:01 AM

He has a new record deal, and just spent more than two months in the studio with mega-producer Max Martin (who doesn't come cheap).

by Anonymousreply 23June 30, 2014 4:21 AM

guess the new name should be queens

by Anonymousreply 24June 30, 2014 4:23 AM

Marc and Adam sing Bohemian Rhapsody with Freddie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 30, 2014 4:24 AM

r20. I'll post more if someone starts a thread but here is one official video Queen put out of Stone Cold Crazy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 30, 2014 4:25 AM

[quote]You know why we don't like him as well as we do and it has nothing to do with who or what he sleeps with.

God, you sound like an insipid cunt.

Please retire your use of "we" because you most certainly do not speak on behalf of DL at large.

by Anonymousreply 27June 30, 2014 4:27 AM

[quote]He has a new record deal, and just spent more than two months in the studio with mega-producer Max Martin (who doesn't come cheap).

Working with Shitney's old producer? Wow, talk about being stuck in the early 2000's.

by Anonymousreply 28June 30, 2014 4:59 AM

Is Marc Martel still touring with Queen? He's amazing

by Anonymousreply 29June 30, 2014 5:02 AM

[quote]He has a new record deal

That's funny - Wikipedia doesn't say anything about him having a new record deal, just that he's recording new material.

Where is his record deal with?

by Anonymousreply 30June 30, 2014 5:03 AM

I'm r17 and was hoping to find someone to start a thread on the Queen Adam Lambert tour that just started in North America but I see this probably isn't going to happen.

Oh well, I'll look tomorrow the see if anyone started a thread and I'll post some stuff. Not really interesting in Marc Martel or fighting about the state of Adam's career.

For now I'm going to sleep. But seriously, if you like Queen at all you should see this show. The guys are getting older and it is probably their last big hurrah.

by Anonymousreply 31June 30, 2014 5:18 AM

Martel has never toured with Queen. The last Queen tour was with Paul Rodgers, and played smaller venues. The Queen + Adam Lambert tour is playing Madison Square Garden, etc. and is done on a big scale.

I saw the opener last week in Chicago, and it was the best concert I've ever been to. Brian and Roger seemed to be really energized by working with Adam.

by Anonymousreply 32June 30, 2014 6:26 AM

Adam is perfect for the lead singer of Queen. Perfectly matched imho.

by Anonymousreply 33June 30, 2014 6:47 AM

Adam and Queen close out the show in Chicago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 30, 2014 6:57 AM

Vocals are pretty amazing and May's playing is haunting in Who Wants to Live Forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 30, 2014 7:37 AM

Reviews have all be glowing so far. Wish I could see it.

by Anonymousreply 36June 30, 2014 9:23 AM

Wow, Adam is wearing that crown! He is a good looking guy with a very good rock voice. What's not to like?

Good for him and Queen.

by Anonymousreply 37June 30, 2014 9:41 AM

Cool photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 30, 2014 10:55 AM

This will make you cry. Brian May singing Love of My Life which he used to do with Freddie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 30, 2014 10:59 AM

Roger and Brian seem truly smitten with Adam in the clips I've seen. They all seem to be having a blast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 30, 2014 3:12 PM

Gay people really are a bunch miserable critical bitches. Here I thought women were the worst.

by Anonymousreply 41June 30, 2014 3:19 PM

Haha, he got a bra thrown at him @ 1:40

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 30, 2014 4:12 PM

Smart move. By doing this they are appealing to a whole new generation who otherwise may not have been familiar with their music.

by Anonymousreply 43June 30, 2014 4:30 PM

Here we go again. DL trashing yet another out gay man. What a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 44June 30, 2014 4:37 PM

An absurd queen with a powerful voice... fronting the rock group Queen?! What has this world of today come to!!

by Anonymousreply 45June 30, 2014 4:52 PM

Either Mika or Adam Lambert would have fronted Queen because they are the only two singers who can naturally sing most any Queen song going.

I think Lambert was the best choice because he is theatrical.

I fucking love Queen! They were a wildly creative band and their songbook has stood the test of time rather well.

by Anonymousreply 46June 30, 2014 5:10 PM

Wow not a big Queen fan (like the radio hits well enough) but I might go see them. Nice to hear real instruments and a real singer in concert. One thing though, Adam comes across as a bit Broadway in his vocalizations but that's all right. Just something I noticed.

by Anonymousreply 47June 30, 2014 5:11 PM

I am so pissed that they're not playing the Pacific Northwest. This is probably my last opportunity to see Brian and Roger live and I'd have to fly to California or Canada if I want to see this.

by Anonymousreply 48June 30, 2014 5:12 PM

What you say may be true. Time will undoubtedly tell. In the meantime, you left out one detail. The cosmetics and astringents are paid for. The bathroom is paid for. The tweezers are paid for. And the pills are paid for.

by Anonymousreply 49June 30, 2014 5:19 PM

[quote]Adam comes across as a bit Broadway in his vocalizations.

I noticed it too. But that's his background--years and years of musical theater starting when he was a child. Not sure you can break out of that habit easily. I love Adam's OTT style….and he DOES have a great voice with tremendous range, so there are a lot of compensating factors.

by Anonymousreply 50June 30, 2014 5:36 PM

Adam Lambert is incredibly good looking and very talented. I'd love to check him out fronting Queen, I bet it's a fantastic show. He's a glam rocker in the Gilded Age of Hip Hop/Empty Pop madness. I hope he has a great long run.

[quote]An absurd queen with a powerful voice... fronting the rock group Queen?! What has this world of today come to!!

What the fuck did you think Freddy Mercury was?

by Anonymousreply 51June 30, 2014 9:05 PM

R51 = irony challenged

by Anonymousreply 52June 30, 2014 9:11 PM

It's ok if Adam is a "bit Broadway" because Freddie was an opera queen himself and that's what he fancied himself as.

by Anonymousreply 53June 30, 2014 9:14 PM

Just watched the red bra being thrown, that was super cute.

by Anonymousreply 54June 30, 2014 9:18 PM

R51, touché

by Anonymousreply 55June 30, 2014 9:19 PM

One thing people tend to forget is that Queen with Freddie was never as big in America as in the UK and the rest of the civilized, perhaps less homophobic, world.

Also after 1982, when Queen did a video in drag for "I Want to Be Free", they were virtually banned from US radio.

It was only in the 90's with "Wayne's World" that straight men adopted Queen for their "sporting anthems". But most the knowledge Americans have of Queen music is very limited. No wonder some question an "openly gay man" fronting Queen!

So it was great to see Queen + Adam dig into some of the little known songs for the concert I saw in Chicago. Also great to see/hear Adam doing music that uses his full vocal range and lets him fly his Freddie flag high.

by Anonymousreply 56July 1, 2014 2:53 AM

Ok you asswipes, calling me "irony challenged" is a bit much. The comment in indistinguishable from the nasty, whining comments here. I guess you are all incredibly gifted comedic arbiters!

by Anonymousreply 57July 1, 2014 3:40 AM

I know the webmaster deletes soap thread. What about fangurl infestation threads?

by Anonymousreply 58July 1, 2014 5:25 PM

[quote]Ok you asswipes, calling me "irony challenged" is a bit much

But it's true. You would have to be pretty dense to not see the author was being ironic/sarcastic.

by Anonymousreply 59July 1, 2014 6:26 PM

Adam can beat anyone in a pissing contest.

Actually the champagne shower gif here is from Adam's very camp set-up to "Killer Queen". Freddie said it was about high-priced call girl. But we know (and Adam knows) what it is really about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60July 3, 2014 4:33 AM

Being a thread bumper because I’m watching the documentary. What a self loathing homophobe OP must be. Hope she worked through those issues

by Anonymousreply 61June 29, 2020 4:21 AM

He's actually a good front man for Queen.

by Anonymousreply 62June 29, 2020 4:24 AM

Hope he lays off the coke. He used to be a huge coke fiend.

by Anonymousreply 63June 29, 2020 5:10 AM

Why the hate for Adam? He's a good singer and a great looker!

by Anonymousreply 64June 29, 2020 7:29 AM

Well, he would be great looking if he didn't overpluck his eyebrows and use all that eyeliner.

But he's a great singer, a terrific performer who really plays to the crowd.

by Anonymousreply 65June 29, 2020 8:16 AM

I like his makeup.

by Anonymousreply 66June 29, 2020 9:04 AM

Adam Lambert isn't flawless, but I do like him. I think this is a good fit.

Don't let it wrinkle your caftan, OP.

by Anonymousreply 67June 29, 2020 9:13 AM

[quote]Please make this person go away already.

I thought Adam Lambert went away a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 68June 29, 2020 1:19 PM

R68 is what happens when people bump threads from 8 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 69June 29, 2020 1:27 PM

Adam's just the best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 29, 2020 1:36 PM

[quote] It's amazing to me how much people on DL dislike gay people.

Gee, do you think maybe there are some people on DL who aren’t gay & who are here to demean & demoralize gay people, hoping “teh gays” will abandon a message board that is specifically for them?

by Anonymousreply 71June 29, 2020 4:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!