Since 1995

Due to Popular Demand: The OFFICIAL Loretta Lynn/Crystal Gayle Thread

Let the fur fly.

by Anonymousreply 4608/24/2014

I deserved an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 102/14/2012

It's Brenda Gail

by Anonymousreply 302/14/2012

I grew up with one of Loretta Lynn's nieces and we are still gal pals to this day. That Loretta Lynn is very good people.

I have no snark or even anything juicy to add to this thread because Loretta Lynn is just truly a good person.

Now her husband just was not right, if you were to ask me. But, Loretta Lynn is lovely.

by Anonymousreply 402/14/2012

Crisco'll do you proud ever' time!

by Anonymousreply 502/14/2012

[quote]Loretta Lynn's grandson is gay, and she is a supporter of same-sex marriage.

I thought she was a crazy right-wing Teahag.

by Anonymousreply 602/14/2012

Though Crystal is 10 shades prettier, when you see them together, they really do look alike. Was there ever really a rivalry? Anything I've ever heard is that there was none.

by Anonymousreply 702/14/2012

I remember when Crystal Gayle made a special week-long appearance on "Another World" and was almost killed by the Sin Stalker.

He tried strangling her but she was in the process of letting down her hair at the time and there was too much and he couldn't get a good grip. I'm not making that up.

by Anonymousreply 802/14/2012

I thought Lynn was pretty right-wing as well.

by Anonymousreply 902/14/2012

[quote]I thought she was a crazy right-wing Teahag.

No, she's a 9/11 Republican like Joan Rivers. She supported Bush's War on Terra, but in social issues she's always been leagues ahead of the world she came from.

by Anonymousreply 1002/14/2012

Crystal really was gorgeous until she turned around and the hair turned her to freak.

by Anonymousreply 1102/14/2012

This baloney is a-makin' me horny!

by Anonymousreply 1202/14/2012

Crystal also sang the theme to Another World, a duet with Gary Morris.

I always thought she had a great voice. But I never understood how she could lift her head - her hair must have weighed a ton!

by Anonymousreply 1302/15/2012

[quote]Loretta Lynn's grandson is gay, and she is a supporter of same-sex marriage.

If she's a Republican (which she is), then she's no supporter of gays.

by Anonymousreply 1402/15/2012

Crystal, don't open the trunk. DON'T OPEN THE FUCKING TRUNK!!!

by Anonymousreply 1606/02/2012

Crystal and Gary Morris

by Anonymousreply 1706/02/2012

Here is part one of a five part interview of Loretta someone uploaded onto youtube. It is from 60 minutes and Mike Wallace interviews her. In one of the parts of this interview you will see Loretta being asked about her political beliefs because her lyrics were very far ahead of her time and progressive. Loretta's answer is that she votes for who she figures is the best man for the job and that is it.

A fair amount of Southerners from her generation and who haven't much schooling do sometimes vote for the person first and the party second. My own granny did. I am not trying to excuse how she has sometimes identified with Bush the Bastard and all, I am just trying to explain her mentality toward voting.

by Anonymousreply 1806/02/2012

Gary Morris was also an actor, who played a role on the crap-fest, The Colby's.

by Anonymousreply 1906/02/2012

Talking in Your Sleep.

by Anonymousreply 2007/20/2012

R7 Just watched the clip.

I don't think I had never seen her in profile.They will really do look alike!

I think Lynn aged beautifully and gracefully actually if you can get past the wardrobe and big " haihr". Love Sissy in COAL. MINER when a fan cuts it.I can't think of LL without that scene

Gayle should have cut her mane.Does she still have it?

by Anonymousreply 2107/20/2012

Donuts make my brown eyes blue

by Anonymousreply 2207/20/2012

She still has the mane. Maybe she should have cut it to her knees, but it still looks good.

by Anonymousreply 2307/20/2012

Well I was doing temp work in Washington DC the day before George HW Bush's inauguration (the father, not W).

I get royally lost on the first day of work, and of course I was very angry that I was going to get fired on my first day...this was before call phones.

Somehow I end up right in front of the friggen White House where it was gridlocked traffic of course.

Well there is this limo tailgaiting me, and I am so pissed about getting lost, I get out of the car walk up to the limo and I'm gonna give the limo driver a piece of my mind.

So I go up to the limo and the driver lowers the window, and I see Crystal Gayle in the back looking at me and wondering "who the hell is this guy".

I quickly put two and two together and decided to go back to my car without saying a peep. Crystal Gayle was scheduled to perform at the inauguration.

Sometimes discretion IS the better part of valor. LOL

by Anonymousreply 2407/20/2012

Bitch lied about her age. Was 15 instead of 13 when married.

by Anonymousreply 2507/20/2012

I don't get the lying business either--isn't she kinda promoting child brides by saying it was a mountain people's thing?

And that it was okay?

by Anonymousreply 2607/20/2012

Crystal Gayle was stunning in her youth.

by Anonymousreply 2707/20/2012

Don't it make yer brown eye blue.

by Anonymousreply 2807/20/2012

Would love to spend a few hours in Loretta's closet, such stunning gowns

by Anonymousreply 2907/20/2012

R27 - yes, she was. Crystal is still beautiful at 60.

by Anonymousreply 3007/20/2012

Take Me Home

by Anonymousreply 3107/20/2012

Except for crazy freaks, no one has ever disliked LL, and when she has done something wrong she goes out of her way to make it right. She is pure class, and sweet as pie.

Between her and Dolly, us Appy mountain gays got us some major love.

by Anonymousreply 3207/20/2012

Wrong Road Again

by Anonymousreply 3307/20/2012

And another one

by Anonymousreply 3407/20/2012

Then Doo starts to actin' all horny, and I says Lordy, fix me up another one o' them baloney samwiches!

by Anonymousreply 3507/21/2012

Crystal is great. I loved the 80s when country turned into Country-Pop.

Crystal Gayle, Marie Osmond, Sylvia, Dolly Parton and Juice Newton reigned supreme during the 80s country.

by Anonymousreply 3607/21/2012

Sylvia and Juice were one or two hit wonders. Not in the same category as Crystal or Dolly or even Marie.

by Anonymousreply 3707/21/2012

Actually, Juice had 7 Top Forty hits, four of which went Top Ten, and "Break It To Me Gently" went to No. 11. ("Queen of Hearts" was her biggest, reaching No. 2.) She may have seemed like a flash in the pan because all her hits came within a few years (1981-3), but she was not a one-hit wonder even if you disregard her Country chart success.

Sylvia was a one-hit (Pop) wonder. She reached No. 15 with "Nobody" in 1982. She did have almost 20 Top Forty hits on the Country charts.

by Anonymousreply 3807/22/2012

I just heard a beautiful rendition of "Georgia On My Mind" by Crystal Gayloe on the radio. I was pulling into the driveway and just sat in my car and listened until the song was done. It was captivating.

by Anonymousreply 3910/27/2013

[quote]Crisco'll do you proud ever' time!

Well, talk about your pro-gay mottoes!

by Anonymousreply 4010/27/2013

Crystal was stunningly gorgeous in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 4110/27/2013

No discussion of the rumor that Loretta is Crystal's mama?

by Anonymousreply 4210/27/2013

Is Crystal also a right winger?

by Anonymousreply 4308/24/2014

I love that song.... Don't it make my brown eyes blueeee

I didn't mean to treat you bad. Didn't know just what I had...

by Anonymousreply 4408/24/2014

My favorite is Talking in your sleep.

by Anonymousreply 4508/24/2014

Love them both. Great talents in their own right. Listen to " Van Lear Rose"- LL is a unique talent even as a senior citizen . And listen to Gayle sing with Tom Waits on the "One From Heart" soundtrack. Excellent duets.

by Anonymousreply 4608/24/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!