Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Due to Popular Demand: The OFFICIAL Loretta Lynn/Crystal Gayle Thread

Let the fur fly.

by Anonymousreply 56March 20, 2021 7:50 PM

I deserved an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 1February 14, 2012 5:44 PM

Loretta Lynn's grandson is gay, and she is a supporter of same-sex marriage.

by Anonymousreply 2February 14, 2012 5:47 PM

It's Brenda Gail

by Anonymousreply 3February 14, 2012 5:56 PM

I grew up with one of Loretta Lynn's nieces and we are still gal pals to this day. That Loretta Lynn is very good people.

I have no snark or even anything juicy to add to this thread because Loretta Lynn is just truly a good person.

Now her husband just was not right, if you were to ask me. But, Loretta Lynn is lovely.

by Anonymousreply 4February 14, 2012 6:14 PM

Crisco'll do you proud ever' time!

by Anonymousreply 5February 14, 2012 6:16 PM

[quote]Loretta Lynn's grandson is gay, and she is a supporter of same-sex marriage.

I thought she was a crazy right-wing Teahag.

by Anonymousreply 6February 14, 2012 6:20 PM

Though Crystal is 10 shades prettier, when you see them together, they really do look alike. Was there ever really a rivalry? Anything I've ever heard is that there was none.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 14, 2012 6:21 PM

I remember when Crystal Gayle made a special week-long appearance on "Another World" and was almost killed by the Sin Stalker.

He tried strangling her but she was in the process of letting down her hair at the time and there was too much and he couldn't get a good grip. I'm not making that up.

by Anonymousreply 8February 14, 2012 6:23 PM

I thought Lynn was pretty right-wing as well.

by Anonymousreply 9February 14, 2012 6:24 PM

[quote]I thought she was a crazy right-wing Teahag.

No, she's a 9/11 Republican like Joan Rivers. She supported Bush's War on Terra, but in social issues she's always been leagues ahead of the world she came from.

by Anonymousreply 10February 14, 2012 6:26 PM

Crystal really was gorgeous until she turned around and the hair turned her to freak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 14, 2012 6:28 PM

This baloney is a-makin' me horny!

by Anonymousreply 12February 14, 2012 6:37 PM

Crystal also sang the theme to Another World, a duet with Gary Morris.

I always thought she had a great voice. But I never understood how she could lift her head - her hair must have weighed a ton!

by Anonymousreply 13February 15, 2012 4:31 AM

[quote]Loretta Lynn's grandson is gay, and she is a supporter of same-sex marriage.

If she's a Republican (which she is), then she's no supporter of gays.

by Anonymousreply 14February 15, 2012 4:37 AM

[quote]No, she's a 9/11 Republican

Bullshit. She campaigned for George HW Bush in 1988 and 1992 and George W Bush in 2000.

by Anonymousreply 15February 15, 2012 4:41 AM

Crystal, don't open the trunk. DON'T OPEN THE FUCKING TRUNK!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 3, 2012 12:33 AM

Crystal and Gary Morris

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 3, 2012 12:46 AM

Here is part one of a five part interview of Loretta someone uploaded onto youtube. It is from 60 minutes and Mike Wallace interviews her. In one of the parts of this interview you will see Loretta being asked about her political beliefs because her lyrics were very far ahead of her time and progressive. Loretta's answer is that she votes for who she figures is the best man for the job and that is it.

A fair amount of Southerners from her generation and who haven't much schooling do sometimes vote for the person first and the party second. My own granny did. I am not trying to excuse how she has sometimes identified with Bush the Bastard and all, I am just trying to explain her mentality toward voting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 3, 2012 12:48 AM

Gary Morris was also an actor, who played a role on the crap-fest, The Colby's.

by Anonymousreply 19June 3, 2012 12:54 AM

Talking in Your Sleep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 21, 2012 12:28 AM

R7 Just watched the clip.

I don't think I had never seen her in profile.They will really do look alike!

I think Lynn aged beautifully and gracefully actually if you can get past the wardrobe and big " haihr". Love Sissy in COAL. MINER when a fan cuts it.I can't think of LL without that scene

Gayle should have cut her mane.Does she still have it?

by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2012 12:49 AM

Donuts make my brown eyes blue

by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2012 12:54 AM

She still has the mane. Maybe she should have cut it to her knees, but it still looks good.

by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2012 12:55 AM

Well I was doing temp work in Washington DC the day before George HW Bush's inauguration (the father, not W).

I get royally lost on the first day of work, and of course I was very angry that I was going to get fired on my first day...this was before call phones.

Somehow I end up right in front of the friggen White House where it was gridlocked traffic of course.

Well there is this limo tailgaiting me, and I am so pissed about getting lost, I get out of the car walk up to the limo and I'm gonna give the limo driver a piece of my mind.

So I go up to the limo and the driver lowers the window, and I see Crystal Gayle in the back looking at me and wondering "who the hell is this guy".

I quickly put two and two together and decided to go back to my car without saying a peep. Crystal Gayle was scheduled to perform at the inauguration.

Sometimes discretion IS the better part of valor. LOL

by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2012 1:05 AM

Bitch lied about her age. Was 15 instead of 13 when married.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 21, 2012 1:05 AM

I don't get the lying business either--isn't she kinda promoting child brides by saying it was a mountain people's thing?

And that it was okay?

by Anonymousreply 26July 21, 2012 1:23 AM

Crystal Gayle was stunning in her youth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 21, 2012 1:51 AM

Don't it make yer brown eye blue.

by Anonymousreply 28July 21, 2012 2:12 AM

Would love to spend a few hours in Loretta's closet, such stunning gowns

by Anonymousreply 29July 21, 2012 2:21 AM

R27 - yes, she was. Crystal is still beautiful at 60.

by Anonymousreply 30July 21, 2012 2:24 AM

Take Me Home

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 21, 2012 3:01 AM

Except for crazy freaks, no one has ever disliked LL, and when she has done something wrong she goes out of her way to make it right. She is pure class, and sweet as pie.

Between her and Dolly, us Appy mountain gays got us some major love.

by Anonymousreply 32July 21, 2012 3:22 AM

Wrong Road Again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 21, 2012 3:22 AM

And another one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 21, 2012 3:24 AM

Then Doo starts to actin' all horny, and I says Lordy, fix me up another one o' them baloney samwiches!

by Anonymousreply 35July 21, 2012 4:51 AM

Crystal is great. I loved the 80s when country turned into Country-Pop.

Crystal Gayle, Marie Osmond, Sylvia, Dolly Parton and Juice Newton reigned supreme during the 80s country.

by Anonymousreply 36July 21, 2012 9:44 AM

Sylvia and Juice were one or two hit wonders. Not in the same category as Crystal or Dolly or even Marie.

by Anonymousreply 37July 21, 2012 10:29 PM

Actually, Juice had 7 Top Forty hits, four of which went Top Ten, and "Break It To Me Gently" went to No. 11. ("Queen of Hearts" was her biggest, reaching No. 2.) She may have seemed like a flash in the pan because all her hits came within a few years (1981-3), but she was not a one-hit wonder even if you disregard her Country chart success.

Sylvia was a one-hit (Pop) wonder. She reached No. 15 with "Nobody" in 1982. She did have almost 20 Top Forty hits on the Country charts.

by Anonymousreply 38July 22, 2012 4:42 AM

I just heard a beautiful rendition of "Georgia On My Mind" by Crystal Gayloe on the radio. I was pulling into the driveway and just sat in my car and listened until the song was done. It was captivating.

by Anonymousreply 39October 28, 2013 2:11 AM

[quote]Crisco'll do you proud ever' time!

Well, talk about your pro-gay mottoes!

by Anonymousreply 40October 28, 2013 2:17 AM

Crystal was stunningly gorgeous in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 41October 28, 2013 2:20 AM

No discussion of the rumor that Loretta is Crystal's mama?

by Anonymousreply 42October 28, 2013 2:20 AM

Is Crystal also a right winger?

by Anonymousreply 43August 24, 2014 11:33 PM

I love that song.... Don't it make my brown eyes blueeee

I didn't mean to treat you bad. Didn't know just what I had...

by Anonymousreply 44August 24, 2014 11:41 PM

My favorite is Talking in your sleep.

by Anonymousreply 45August 24, 2014 11:50 PM

Love them both. Great talents in their own right. Listen to " Van Lear Rose"- LL is a unique talent even as a senior citizen . And listen to Gayle sing with Tom Waits on the "One From Heart" soundtrack. Excellent duets.

by Anonymousreply 46August 24, 2014 11:53 PM

Did Loretta Lynn love the gays? and hows about Crystal Gayle?

by Anonymousreply 47March 14, 2021 11:07 PM

Crystal is starting to look like Yvonne de Carlo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 14, 2021 11:23 PM

I respect Loretta Lynn, but I've always been a bigger fan of Crystal Gayle. I LOVE her.

As R8 stated, Gayle appeared on her favorite soap, "Another World". Here is a clip of her and Gary Morris performing the theme from that show.

As it turns out, Gary Morris has a gay son: Matt Morris, also a musician, but not as widely known, obviously.

At the 1:39 mark, we see Dr. Jonathan Newman! Perhaps he dumped Rose Nylund, in the interest of fostering a long-distance relationship with Felicia Gallant?

But Felicia Gallant wasn't Jewish, was she? Tsk, tsk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 14, 2021 11:34 PM

[quote] I thought Lynn was pretty right-wing as well.

She is/was married to a Klansman. Technically, she is a Klan granny.

by Anonymousreply 50March 14, 2021 11:55 PM

R48 I wonder how many gays she has attending to that mane of hers.

by Anonymousreply 51March 15, 2021 12:00 AM

[quote] Sylvia was a one-hit (Pop) wonder. She reached No. 15 with "Nobody" in 1982. She did have almost 20 Top Forty hits on the Country charts.

I still know every word to "Nobody." Does anyone remember when Sylvia crossed paths with Prince and put out a pop record? Or did I imagine it?

by Anonymousreply 52March 15, 2021 12:01 AM

Crystal Gayle was part of the Nashville Concert for Love and Acceptance put on by GLAAD so she is a friend to the gays.

by Anonymousreply 53March 15, 2021 5:43 PM

R51 She has stated that her hair takes 5 hours to wash before concerts so I'm sure she has a whole team that does this.

I've always been curious if she's ever had any hair casualties. Like has she ever tripped over it or has anyone ever tried taken a lighter to it when she's playing some country roadhouse? And what about going to the bathroom? And sex?!

by Anonymousreply 54March 15, 2021 6:02 PM

Did anyone really think Crystal Gayle was a good singer or did she just become popular based on who her mother was?

by Anonymousreply 55March 20, 2021 7:43 PM

I was robbed of my Oscar glory. Sissy deserved nothing playing Nell - I mean Loretta. Playing Kira was much more demanding. Did Sissy rollerdisco?

by Anonymousreply 56March 20, 2021 7:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!