Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Janet Jackson- "The Pleasure Principle"

This video separated her from the rest of the pack--including her brother Michael. Even today, it's just amazing to watch. Just her, alone, in a big warehouse ala Footloose and Flashdance, dancing her heart out. The hair, the Guess jeans, the balancing off of a chair, the backflip...iconic and awesome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198March 23, 2019 5:19 AM

I used to love this video when I was a kid. Videos were so much more creative back then. Nowadays videos are so computer generated and boring that they have no creativity.

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2012 12:08 AM

Me too! I can't tell you how many times I tried that chair balancing thing. You're right about videos relying too heavily on gimicks, CG, etc. to be interesting these days. No creativity at all.

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2012 12:12 AM

I loved this video. It's so simple, but I could not turn away. This made me fall in love with Janet.

by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2012 12:15 AM

My fave, far video from Janet. And she said in an interview that she actually did the backflip, but it's edited like she didn't. Either way, awesome, AWESOME vid

by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2012 12:17 AM

A brave, honest performance.

Why did she have to give it up?

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2012 12:19 AM

Her best song and video. I'm still shocked that this single didn't hit the top 10 on Billboard.

by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2012 12:19 AM

Great song and video by Janet. I always loved the lyrics. It's everything that is 80s music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2012 12:20 AM

[quote]Her best song and video. I'm still shocked that this single didn't hit the top 10 on Billboard.

I was surprised as well - it should have been a Top 5 at least. The video version (the Shep Pettibone mix) was definitely better than the album version.

by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2012 12:25 AM

It was the only single from "Control" to miss the Hot 100 top 5 (it went to #14), but it was still a #1 club and R&B hit. This video mix, the Shep Pettibone Mix, is vastly different from the one that's on the album.

A lot of people think Paula Abdul did the choreography, but it was actually choreographed by dancer/singer Barry Lather. Dominic Sena (who went on to direct the Brad Pitt/David Duchovny thriller "Kalifornia") directed this video.

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2012 12:30 AM

Gotta love the Dave LaChapelle-shot single cover

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2012 1:22 AM

There's a few Janet songs that have really stood the test of time and I think The Pleasure Principle is definitely one of them.

by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2012 1:31 AM

Yawn. Nutrisystem-sized Janet is much more fun.

by Anonymousreply 12January 14, 2012 1:38 AM

This is by far my favorite song by Janet.

by Anonymousreply 13January 14, 2012 1:40 AM

I disagree the Pettibone mix is better. It's good and I can see why it's liked, but it's also more cluttered and has that 80s dance mix sound which instantly time stamps it compared to the clean pared down original.

It was downhill from here, she/Jam & Lewis never came near the Control singles. This and When I Think of You are perhaps her finest moments. But she has destroyed her legacy to such an extent it's difficult to appreciate the good stuff now.

by Anonymousreply 14January 14, 2012 1:46 AM

Ha! I knew the miserable Madonna frau would show his face sooner or later. R12, you're so transparent.

by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2012 1:46 AM

I love how it's obvious that, with one video, Janet inspired a bevy of female pop artists who came after her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 14, 2012 1:49 AM

It was so groundbreaking that it influenced another artist, Nia Peeples. Her similar song "Trouble" (which was actually pretty damn good) was also Shep Pettibone produced and hit #1 on the Billboard Dance Chart. Nia was also a very good dancer with a much more "aggressive" style than Janet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 14, 2012 1:49 AM

Yep, R17. Nia left "Fame" about two years after Janet jumped ship. I think she saw the success that Janet was having on the charts and said "Dammit, this is my time!"

by Anonymousreply 18January 14, 2012 1:54 AM

I do love the Janet copyists R17. I don't agree at all with the Madonna fans who say Control was her copying Madge - Prince and her brother for the videos, yes.

There was a hole spate of them: Jody Watley, Pebbles, Karyn White, Vanessa Williams and yes, her Fame co-star Nia.

When you said groundbreaking I thought you meant Cassie & Ciara!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2012 1:56 AM

I disagree r14. The Control singles are more memorable and popular, but Rhythm Nation was Jam & Lewis' best work from a production stand point, a la Quincy Jones & Thriller. The beats and arrangements on RN are flawless. RN also started the sampling trend in the 90s, but no one could really match J&L. Those samples were almost unrecognizable by the time J&L got done with them.

by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2012 2:04 AM

Oh, for sure, R19. "Control" was actually the antithesis of "Madonna". It was funky, sassy, street, and it was Janet asserting her independence. And the videos were nothing short of breathtaking. You can see the kind of effect those videos had on the music video landscape as you look back over the years. And yes, albums at the time by Karyn White, Vanessa Williams, Pebbles, Nia Peeples, et. al. were undoubtedly made possible by "Control"'s success. Vanessa Williams, for instance, had a video called "The Right Stuff", and it's basically "Nasty 2.0".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 14, 2012 2:07 AM

I agree R20. Rhythm Nation was a juggernaut in every sense of the word. The 30-minute film short that accompanied the album was brilliant as well. Dominic Sena directed it, and it had echos of "Blade Runner" and old gangster films. Thomas Newman did the score, and Jason Patric's kid brother Joshua Miller had a cameo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 14, 2012 2:21 AM

I think J&L continued to write great songs after Rhythm Nation. "That's the Way Love Goes" is brilliant, for instance.

by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2012 2:24 AM

From what I've read, Janet wrote the lyrics and JJ/TL did the music. It really is a brilliant song, though.

by Anonymousreply 24January 14, 2012 2:26 AM

This really was a good song. I can't stand her, but you are correct - this is good.

by Anonymousreply 25January 14, 2012 2:35 AM

Looking back on it now, it's funny that this little squat and fat thing was pretending to be a dancer. Hell, who knew the difference at that time?

by Anonymousreply 26January 14, 2012 2:36 AM

Really? I was there at the time and Pleasure Principle was clearly an album track forced into service by greedy executives. They were beating a dead horse for hits by the time that song was released. I can't imagine that anyone would find the piffle brilliant on any level. Of course the '80s are notorious for milking albums dry.

by Anonymousreply 27January 14, 2012 2:38 AM

Remember, Whitney was in her prime during this time, and nobody, but nobody could compare to Whitney. Today, I could beat her with a stick for what she did to her career. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 28January 14, 2012 2:41 AM

Squat and fat thing, R26? Such vitriol. Danny Devito is squat and fat. Janet Jackson has body. And a shapely one. And she never pretended to be a dancer. She IS a dancer. It's in her soul.

Videos like this (also taken from the RN film short) are why she is [italic]still[/italic] unparalleled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 14, 2012 2:49 AM

r27 I do think Janet was forced into doing the Pleasure Principle video. I recall her saying she was really over the video shoot because she was exhausted and she was ready to be done with the album so she could rest on her 21st birthday. The release date at r7 is around that time. You can't tell she was tired, she did a good job. One of her best.

by Anonymousreply 30January 14, 2012 2:54 AM

She's really had a good, considering that she has no singing voice to speak of.

by Anonymousreply 31January 14, 2012 3:13 AM

Her voice was horrible and she couldn't dance for shit, but she did the best she could being the sister of a superstar the time.

by Anonymousreply 32January 14, 2012 3:17 AM

She's not a belter, R31, but she can emote and convey feeling in her tone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 14, 2012 3:21 AM

R32 is a solvent-huffing, deluded shitstain. Can't dance? Sweetie, have you even seen a Janet Jackson video before?

by Anonymousreply 34January 14, 2012 3:55 AM

Janet didn't do the back flip, and you can barely hear her vocals. I do like the song. It was written by Monte Moir. Jam and Lewis neither wrote nor produced it.

by Anonymousreply 35January 14, 2012 4:37 AM

Monte Moir's a white guy, btw. Wonder if he's gay. Sounds like a song a queen would produced. lol.

by Anonymousreply 36January 14, 2012 4:38 AM

Long Vocal version.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 14, 2012 4:40 AM

I was never a big Janet fan, but I thought 'The Pleasure Principle' was a great song. Excellent production values. I also liked Janet and Herb Alpert's 'Diamonds,' which was released around the same time and is totally forgotten today. That was also very good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 14, 2012 4:47 AM

Monte Moir was a member of The Time. Jam and Lewis recruited him for the album. And yes, R35, she did indeed do the backflip, just as she did it at 0:46 in this video...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 14, 2012 4:52 AM

and just like she did it at 2:49 in this clip...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 14, 2012 4:54 AM

Love "Diamonds", R38. "Making Love in the Rain" was the other Janet/Herb collabo released from Herb's "Keep Your Eye on Me" album. It had Lisa Keith on main vocals with Janet doing the hook. Great, relaxing bedroom ballad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 14, 2012 4:59 AM

r40, that's not a backflip as in on her own, and she didn't do the backflip in Nasty Boys either. Pop Up Video even mentioned it.

by Anonymousreply 42January 14, 2012 6:22 AM

[quote]Her voice was horrible and she couldn't dance for shit.

Anyone who says Janet Jackson couldn't dance can't be taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 43January 14, 2012 7:10 AM

r29 thats my favorite video of Janet's. A lot people have said Janet could be easily interchangeable with any dancing female artist in her vids. But not that video, or the Rhythm Nation movie. They would look foolish. Those videos were 100% Jackson style.

by Anonymousreply 44January 14, 2012 4:04 PM

Making Love in the Rain, another intoxicating 80s track by Herb featuring Janet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 14, 2012 4:08 PM

My fav of hers, OP.

by Anonymousreply 46January 14, 2012 4:23 PM

Exactly, R43. What more proof do you need that there hasn't been a female pop performer in the history of pop music that has been able to outdance her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 14, 2012 6:41 PM

If she really does the back flips, why do they cut away, just as she flips, in all of the clips?

by Anonymousreply 48January 14, 2012 8:01 PM

Paula Abdul out dances her. In fact, she taught her.

by Anonymousreply 49January 14, 2012 8:02 PM

Thanks r31 & r32 for pointing this out. It's the truth, isn't it? Janet fantards always seem to ignore this fact, or act like it doesn't matter and EVERYONE should love Janet REGARDLESS. Some of us like people who can actually sing. She can dance, but her career is built primarily on gimmicks to cover her weak singing voice.

by Anonymousreply 50January 14, 2012 8:07 PM

I agree R49 & R50. Paula Abdul had an even worse voice than Janet, or well anyone (the original J-Lo) but was at least likeable and could dance her ass off.

But at the end of the day, the dancing and flashy videos are just gimmicks to draw your attention away from the lip-synching and lack of voice - not to mention the way Jam & Lewis used loud production to mask it. Dancing is no doubt a talent, but I'm not interested in it when it comes to music.

The thing with Janet though is, if the songs are great like The Pleasure Principle or TTWLG it doesn't matter. And she actually got a lot worse with the inaudible mumbling and whispering as she went on, back then she was bearable and I agree she at least has a pleasant tone.

I'm an ex-Janet fan but she lost me with the vile All For You album, never has an artist fallen so far. There's only one recent song I think measures up to her old classics - the divine Kanye produced "I Want You".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 14, 2012 8:47 PM

Oh yes, just remebered this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 14, 2012 8:54 PM

If Janet tried those backflips today, she'd go right through the floor like a cannonball.

by Anonymousreply 53January 14, 2012 9:20 PM

r20, absolutely everything off RN is forgotten these days. Give it up.

r19, Janet dropped her goody two shoes image once Madonna and Cyndi Lauper became uber-famous with their "tough independent women" personae.

"Nasty" was Janet packaged as Madonna, aimed at urban girls who didn't have "their Madonna" yet.

Janet always followed in the footsteps of Madonna, but it was most obvious during the Control era.

by Anonymousreply 54January 14, 2012 9:25 PM

[quote]Paula Abdul had an even worse voice than Janet, or well anyone (the original J-Lo) but was at least likeable and could dance her ass off.

Paula makes Janet sound like Leontyne Price in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 55January 14, 2012 9:34 PM

I agree, almost all singles off Control were good - despite Janet, that is.

It was the magic of the 80s, and her production team, that created some good songs.

Then they went into overdrive, and destroyed it.

Absolutely everything released after Control was utter shit, and is rightly forgotten these days. The sole exception being TTWLG.

Janet should have had the same career span as Karyn White and Pebbles, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 56January 14, 2012 9:36 PM

Bitch @R56, don't you even try to talk shit on Karyn White. I will beat your ass.

by Anonymousreply 57January 14, 2012 10:05 PM

R54 yeah I know that's the argument, but I can only see it up to a point, especially since she had the completely different Minneapolis sound and a very different glossy approach for the videos, Janet was wholesome and unthreatening like her brother regardless of the posturing in Nasty.

Also the Vadge was thought of as a talentless bimbo who would disappear after those early hits back then and didn't start to pick up respect till Into the Groove - and especially Live to Tell/True Blue which was her aim for longevity.

The public didn't think of Madonna as someone in charge of her career back then, she was just thought of as a gimmick slut all about image - even Billboard said this - and she never had an explicit declaration of independence theme in her work like Janet - Burning Up maybe the closest.

No doubt Janet was inspired on some level with her doing well but it didn't come across as a knock off initially, that would come later after the LWNDWY video. She did work with Mary Lambert early on, mind you.. true.

by Anonymousreply 58January 14, 2012 10:16 PM

[quote][R20], absolutely everything off RN is forgotten these days. Give it up.

r54 apparently you missed the last Janet thread, and you dont read well.

I said that yes, the tracks on that album are less memorable. However, Rhythm Nation, the movie and album are probably the most imitated piece of work Janet has ever done. It has been redone many times by many different people, including Michael who dropped Quincy Jones after RN came out. RN made New Jack Swing popular in 1989. Nobody heard anything like that before then. Thats why it stayed on the charts for three years in a row. Bobby Brown, TLC, Paula Abdul, Michael and many others all wanted Janet's sound.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59January 14, 2012 10:43 PM

[quote]RN made New Jack Swing popular in 1989. Nobody heard anything like that before then.

...um, except "Control," which was the actual first mainstream-pop example of new jack swing that hit #1.

by Anonymousreply 60January 14, 2012 10:52 PM

[quote]Absolutely everything released after Control was utter shit, and is rightly forgotten these days. The sole exception being TTWLG.

Horseshit. Rhythm Nation, Escapade, Miss You Much, Black Cat, Come Back To Me, If, and the entire Velvet Rope album are all absolute classics.

by Anonymousreply 61January 14, 2012 10:56 PM

[quote]...um, except "Control," which was the actual first mainstream-pop example of new jack swing that hit #1.

It was the first example, but RN was the perfect example. It was the creative peak for J&L and Janet.

by Anonymousreply 62January 14, 2012 10:58 PM

I think she sank after [italic]The Velvet Rope[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 63January 14, 2012 11:05 PM

R61 You've got to be kidding about that embarrassing clunker Black Pussy. Awful! And you like "Speshul" as well from The Velvet Rope?!

Here is the ARTISTES rendering of Escapade

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 14, 2012 11:12 PM

[quote]I think she sank after The Velvet Rope.

I actually liked the All For You album too; it was no Velvet Rope, but it was still decent fun pop. It was that Damita Jo album where everything went to hell and never got better. Sad because I used to be such a huge fan.

by Anonymousreply 65January 14, 2012 11:15 PM

Not true, r58.

"Material Girl" projected a woman being in charge. It was the ultimate female go-getter anthem.

It wasn't just her songs, though. Madonna's real life persona was so forceful..... unlike anything ever seen before, at least in the arena of female pop.

She and Cyndi really did change the game. And early JJ WAS modelled after them.

That her sound was more urban / more Minneapolis is certainly true. As I said, she was "Madonna, packaged for an urban demographic". They gavea her a slightly different sound, but that was it.

by Anonymousreply 66January 14, 2012 11:25 PM

r61 has got to be joking. ALL those songs are completely forgotten today.

Miss You Much? Bwahahaha...

Janet Jackson has got ONE classic song under her belt, and that's "Nasty".

And even that one is hardly era-defining, the way "Like a Virgin" or "Beat it" defined the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 67January 14, 2012 11:31 PM

[quote]It was the creative peak for J&L and Janet.

Don't forget me!

by Anonymousreply 68January 14, 2012 11:42 PM

I'm not as old as you queens, but did the "urban demographic" really need a Madonna when there was a Grace Jones? Just wondering.

by Anonymousreply 69January 14, 2012 11:56 PM

r69, Grace Jones was never "urban mainstream", the way Janet was.

She was "artsy", "post-modern" and a high-fashion/independent pop melange, with strong Euro an NYC vibes.

Very different animal.

by Anonymousreply 70January 15, 2012 12:05 AM

OK

by Anonymousreply 71January 15, 2012 12:14 AM

Madge did mention Grace though in her early pre-fame interviews, she wanted to appeal to the kind of people who liked her.

And Grace enigmatically said that "she would never forgive" Madonna for something she'd done to her and wouldn't elaborate!

I also like Cristina of these early precursors, she is admittedly an acquired taste but her mutant disco ZE Records sound would resonate with Madge as pre-fame she was with all that crowd and could have gone that way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 15, 2012 12:43 AM

You Madonna trolls and your extreme virtiol about anything Janet Jackson is all at once sad and hilarious. This is a Janet thread, about JANET, but since some of you seem so hell-bent on comparisons, then I'll be the fist to say HORSESHIT to the fact that Control was packaged as "Madonna for Urban youth" or whatever foolishness someone said upthread. Control was Janet, period. It was Janet breaking free from the confines of her strict family. It was Janet dancing her ass off in videos that helped define the future for the dance/pop diva. It was Janet asserting herself with a Minneapolis funk sound, and saying "This is the way I want it done." And she became a star dressed in all black, with not an inch of skin showing, and, in those days, didn't use her sexuality to show that she was, indeed a star (ala Madonna, who's used sex from day one). Sorry, but there were NO similarities.

Madonna herself knew all this, which is why she shaded Janet in Truth or Dare when one of her dancers rightfully said that an outfit she was wearing was "Very Janet Jackson, Rhythm Nation." The bitch knew what time it was.

And, for the nutjob @R49, Paula Abdul did NOT teach Janet how to dance. She created some choreography for her, and that's it. If you can't dance, you can't dance, and I don't care if Gene Kelly is teaching you---if it's not in you, then it ain't gonna happen. And, speaking of Paula Abdul, if it wasn't for Control then not only would her debut album NOT have happened, but neither would Jody Watley's, Karyn White's, Pebbles's, Nia Peeples's, OR Vanessa Williams's. ALL of these ladies first albums came in the wake of Control. Janet's Control defined the dance diva of color for the '80s and beyond. Period. From TLC and Aaliyah, to Salt n Pepa and Ciara, they ALL have Janet to thank, and most have taken the time to do so. Hell, Jennifer Lopez (who appeared in a Janet video before she became "J-Lo") went on record stating that Janet's "Pleasure Principle" was what made her want to get into show business. You can see Control and RN's influence in ALL of these women's albums and videos.

Oh, and for the idiots who think Janet's songs are "forgotten," you'll have to come a little better than that if you want to be taken seriously. If they're "forgotten", then why is it that those songs are STILL remade, sampled and referenced by pop aritsts to this day? Kelly Clarkson, Britney Spears and Robyn often cover Janet songs in concert. Kylie Minogue used a Janet sample in her song "Too Much of a Good Thing." Rap artist Plies sampled Janet's "Come Back to Me" in his Billboard top Ten hit "Bust it Baby." The actress from "Vampire Diaries" named Kat Graham remade two Janet hits, and made a video to go with it. Gaga has commented that Janet is a legend. Even P!nk covered "Rhythm Nation" in the new Happy Feet film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 15, 2012 5:15 PM

Can there ever be a Janet thread not over taken by crazy madonna fans? In the 80's I loved them both, and still listen to both. I don't get the Janet hate from these people.

by Anonymousreply 74January 15, 2012 5:37 PM

James and Lewis did outstanding work on both Control and RN. They did really good work on Janet but they didn't reach the same levels they did with those Control and RN. But the fact that those 3 albums sound completely different is a testament to their talent as producers.

It was evident to me that Jam and Lewis were losing steam with Janet and by The Velvet Rope, with the exception of the title track which should have been a single, they were running on fumes.

Did Janet ever try working with Timbaland when he became the hot new producer? That style would have fit her like a glove and I'm surprised they didn't collaborate.

by Anonymousreply 75January 15, 2012 6:15 PM

r73 is the rabid Janet troll, aka Janbot.

Hello, Janbot!

by Anonymousreply 76January 15, 2012 6:19 PM

r72, r69 inquired whether Janet was another Grace.

No-one is disputing that Madonna and Grace Jones shared downtown NY roots. They obviously did.

But Janet was never NY, never post-modern/avantgarde, and never sought respect from, say, the Village Voice.

Janet was packaged as a mainstream artist to rival Madonna's fame, and take a piece of her cake.

Without Cyndi and Madonna, there wouldn't have been a "Nasty".

Deal with it, Janbots.

by Anonymousreply 77January 15, 2012 6:24 PM

Good interview with Janet in 1986 shortly after Control went to #1 in 1986. She is beautiful, the epitome of 80s fashion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78January 15, 2012 6:29 PM

I've told you before R77/The Streep troll (tm), stop referencing that clown Cyndi. It's embarrassing.

She is strictly of the era and was too outre look and imagewise even then to matter, and even Janet at her least relevant in the 21st century means a lot more than that gay niche artist.

I don't see how Cyndi can possibly have anything whatsoever to do with Nasty. If GJWHF was the ultimate in girl power back then 80s women might as well have just killed themselves.

by Anonymousreply 79January 15, 2012 6:38 PM

[quote]Janet was packaged as a mainstream artist to rival Madonna's fame, and take a piece of her cake.

r77 give it a rest dear. Janet was and is the female version of Michael, the last edition of Jackson family music. The Jacksons were around a long time before Cyndi and Madonna. Their music and style is completely their own. Janet finally got herself into a position to continue what her family had already started for her, and she ended up being hugely successful when she found her independence.

by Anonymousreply 80January 15, 2012 6:41 PM

[quote]Anyone who says Janet Jackson couldn't dance can't be taken seriously.

I love me some Janet. But I will never forget one of her earliest appearances on Dance Fever in the late 70s early 80s. She was singing a song and just stood there rocking back and forth off beat. She can dance. But someone took her by the hand and definitely showed her how to do it.

by Anonymousreply 81January 15, 2012 7:02 PM

r79, aka the anti-Streep/Cyndi troll, you've answered your own question.

"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" was one of perhaps 3 or 4 songs that define the entire 80s, and "Nasty" was its afterthought.

Your need to bash Cyndi is silly. Her outre look was completely accepted by Middle America, just like a film like Tootsie was accepted back then, or Annie Lennox looking like a man.

It was a brief time in history where gender-bending and/or outre clothing was welcomed by the mainstream, and Cyndi was the figurehead of that era.

You can moan all you want, without the uber-success of both Cyndi and Madonna, both of who took "Control" of their careers/lives/sexuality, Janet wouldn't have happened.

Deal.

by Anonymousreply 82January 15, 2012 7:07 PM

r80, aka the Viola Davis / sometime MW troll, you conveniently ignore that Janet dropped her good two shoes act during the time Madonna & Cyndi became assertive superstars. Hardly a coincidence.

Her dropping her cutesy act had everything to do with that, and nothing to do with her Jackson roots.

How come she didn't release "Nasty" in, say, 1982?

Answer me that, silly fool.

by Anonymousreply 83January 15, 2012 7:12 PM

I like Janet too but before we start acting like she created music and dance, let's not forget she released two albums before Control, that tanked. She was Michael's sister before Control and no one cared. No one played her songs, no one bought her music. Cyndi and Madonna came along and the music industry realized how female artists could be marketed and their albums mined for singles in conjunction with well produced videos.

Madonna, even more so than Cyndi projected an image of indpendence for women, particularly with the Material Girl video and song...a full year before the Control album was released.

Paula was crucial to Janet's success because while Janet may be great at learning choreography, she desperately needs her team of choreographers (that started with Paula and segued to Tina Landau).

Left to her own devices, which you can see in any live Janet performance, she is reduced to mimicking Michael's moves.

I think Janet has plenty of memorable songs but has fewer iconic songs than Madonna.

Aside from That's The Way Love Goes, her music isn't played a lot on radio today. Whereas Madonna has: MATERIAL GIRL, LIKE A VIRGIN, CRAZY FOR YOU, VOGUE, LA ISLA BONITA, INTO THE GROOVE, TAKE A BOW, MUSIC, DON'T TELL ME and 4 MINUTES, all over recurrent radio.

Just sayin'. And just sayin' as a Janet and Madonna fan.

by Anonymousreply 84January 15, 2012 7:30 PM

Thank you, r84.

What I've been saying all along.

You've got to be blind and dumb not to understand that Madonna was responsible for Janet's "Control".

The very title of the album is what Madonna is all about. A female in control, in charge, of her sexuality, her career, her self.

They DID market Janet as a black Madonna.

Deal.with.it.

by Anonymousreply 85January 15, 2012 8:02 PM

Everytime I try to watch the video on YouTube it stalls out. Still, I think she used a stunt double.

by Anonymousreply 86January 15, 2012 8:06 PM

Isn't Material Girl just a bit patriarchal though? Don't get why that of all things would be dug up as an example.

It's about some money grabbing gold digging bimbo, the antithesis of the financially independent Madonna. It's not exactly like the anthems Destiny's Child had. Even Gwen Guthrie's "Ain't Nothing Going On But The Rent" was more assertive.

Despite what Madonna would say (she didn't write it) there isn't a trace of IRONY. And she hated the song and the fact that name still follows her around to this day.

GJWHF is more along those lines but nothing that Sister Sledge hadn't done, and no explicit theme of control.

People wouldn't know of and think of Cyndi/Madonna being in charge back then, they were just fun popstars.

The public didn't become aware of how in control Madonna was till after Blond Ambition. 90s Madonna is a very different beast from the 80s version when she was building up her career and had to conform to some degree.

But apart from the messages and meanings of these songs, Janet would probably just have wanted a similar career to those two - and Michael/Prince.

And of course Cyndi has a couple of classic songs, I wouldn't dispute she could sing and had talent. But she was so cartoonish she was very difficult to take seriously and undid her career as a result. R82 is a flop Madonna loon for putting them on the same level, even the Janet hater fans would put her ahead of Cyndi.

by Anonymousreply 87January 15, 2012 8:07 PM

r84, Madonna also has HOLIDAY, BORDERLINE, LUCKY STAR, PAPA DON'T PREACH, LIVE TO TELL, OPEN YOUR HEART, WHO'S THAT GIRL, JUSTIFY MY LOVE, SECRET, I'LL REMEMBER, THIS USED TO BE MY PLAYGROUND, RAY OF LIGHT, FROZEN, and HUNG UP.

Madonna has like 30 iconic songs that still pop up on radio today, whereas Janet has 1 or 2.

Janet quite simply never had Madonna's killer instinct for pop music.

by Anonymousreply 88January 15, 2012 8:07 PM

Wrong, r87.

In 1984, Madonna pronounced that she was out to "conquer the world" and wanted "fame and fortune".

There quite simply never were pop singers rolling around on stage in a wedding dress before.

You might think that Material Girl and GJWHF were lame, but they were seen as feminist statements, regardless of the lyrics' inconsistencies.

The image that both Cyndi and Madonna projected was that of assertive women who *did whatever they wanted* - Cyndi dressing the way she did, and Madonna saying outrageous things. They were perceived as being in "control", long before Blonde Ambition.

And neither Sister Sledge nor Gwen Guthrie ever captured the zeitgeist like Madonna and Cyndi did, and you know it.

Janet jumped on their train, and that's why her album was called "Control", and her signature hit was "Nasty".

If you can't see that, then you're blind.

by Anonymousreply 89January 15, 2012 8:17 PM

Only a deluded Janbot would put Janet ahead of Cyndi.

Cyndi could sing, she could write great songs (e.g. Time After Time), and she was an interesting character.

None of which can be said about JJ.

by Anonymousreply 90January 15, 2012 8:21 PM

[quote]Madonna has like 30 iconic songs that still pop up on radio today, whereas Janet has 1 or 2.

That depends on what kind of radio your talking about. Control, When I Think Of You, Nasty, Pleasure Principle, Let's Wait Awhile, Funny How Time Flies, Alright, Come Back To Me, TTWLG, Any Time Any Place, & I Get Lonely are all still in regular rotation in AC radio. I even hear some of Janet's more recent stuff like All For You and Feedback sometimes on AC stations. To say Janet Jackson, of all people, has one or two songs on the radio even now is asinine.

by Anonymousreply 91January 15, 2012 8:35 PM

This thread made me go to the basement and get out my "janet." CD. I'm in a sad mood, and I'm getting ready to load "Where Are You Now?" on my MP3 player so I can weep.

by Anonymousreply 92January 15, 2012 8:40 PM

Material Girl was parodying patriarchal notions of a girl with brains.

by Anonymousreply 93January 15, 2012 8:44 PM

R90, I sit and wonder where...where are you now? Now that I'm ready too..ready to love you the way you love me back..

by Anonymousreply 94January 15, 2012 9:01 PM

I really dont see how any of these artists could be compared to Janet at all. Janet's music and influence is so distinctly Jackson. Jam & Lewis combined old Jackson harmonies with left over beats from Minneapolis as a dis to Prince and they struck gold. They were all surprised when she became a music superstar, including Janet herself.

Cyndi and Madonna would look like fools if they tried to pull stuff off like Janet did. Janet was original because she was a pretty, tiny woman whose dance and style matched the masculine and powerful beats that Jam and Lewis came up with. Thats what made videos like Escapade work, the contrast is beautiful between Janet and the music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95January 15, 2012 9:14 PM

"Escapade" is a tinny song that is rightly forgotten, while "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun", "Into the Groove" and "Material Girl" are timeless, iconic songs.

Nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 96January 15, 2012 9:20 PM

I love how sad eldergay Vadge trolls try to bring her up in every thread about another female in order to try to make people give a damn about the old cunt. They (like Vadge) are threatened by ALL other female artists.

by Anonymousreply 97January 15, 2012 10:04 PM

I'm CONVINCED that the pitiful, no-life-having troll @ R96, and R88, R89, R90, R82, R83, R85, and many many other posts if you just hit TROLLDAR, was shunned by Janet at one point in his life, or she gave him the finger once or something, hence his obvious bitterness and vitriol towards the fact that she is and will ALWAYS be younger, more beautiful, and inherently more talented, graceful and giving than HAGdonna could EVER be. It's sad that whenever there is a Janet thread, that thing has to come in and destroy it by comparing that veiny hasbeen to Janet.

Control IS and will ALWAYS be Janet's benchmark, and one that many female artists followed and emulated. It was vastly more funky and hip than anything Madonna did before it. And now, YOU will deal.

by Anonymousreply 98January 15, 2012 11:29 PM

Isn't Material Girl just a bit patriarchal though? Don't get why that of all things would be dug up as an example.

It's about some money grabbing gold digging bimbo, the antithesis of the financially independent Madonna. It's not exactly like the anthems Destiny's Child had. Even Gwen Guthrie's "Ain't Nothing Going On But The Rent" was more assertive.

Despite what Madonna would say (she didn't write it) there isn't a trace of IRONY. And she hated the song and the fact that name still follows her around to this day.

The lyrics are loaded with irony and if they weren't then Madonna and Mary Lambert made sure the video illustrated the irony.

The final lines of the song depict the woman's strength.

Boys may come And boys may go And that's all right with me Experience has made me rich And now they're after me

The golddigger becomes the golddiggee.

And yes, she hates the song and the moniker.

by Anonymousreply 99January 18, 2012 6:16 PM

I wish the Meryl/Cyndi/"Deal" troll was dead.

by Anonymousreply 100January 18, 2012 6:28 PM

You know what else was great? Sayin' Sorry Don't Make It Right by Denise Lopez, Everybody Dance by Tamara and the Seen, Catch Me I'm Falling by Pretty Poison...

by Anonymousreply 101January 19, 2012 2:19 AM

an iconic song and video from Janet.

by Anonymousreply 102November 18, 2012 6:26 PM

Bumping because of that pathetic bitch who keeps creating unnecessary Mandonna threads.

by Anonymousreply 103August 10, 2013 4:30 AM

One of my favorites!

by Anonymousreply 104August 10, 2013 6:01 AM

I'm sorry to read that Janbot died.

by Anonymousreply 105August 10, 2013 6:16 AM

A lot of the moves including the backflip were performed by a man in a wig. There was a huge scandal at the time. We were all being set up for the Milli Vanilli deception and Janet and her "singing" while "dancing" was in no small part at the foundation.

by Anonymousreply 106August 10, 2013 6:22 AM

I hate Janet Jackson and her lame songs. I heard that "Run Away" song on the radio tonight that starts out sounding like a Prince song (in fact I thought it was going to be "7"), and then goes into that useless "Run away with me, my love / yeah yeah yeah yeah" chorus.

What is with you simpletons who think so highly of her?

by Anonymousreply 107August 10, 2013 6:41 AM

Pleasure Principle was a good song and video!

by Anonymousreply 108August 10, 2013 6:51 AM

r105 There's only so many times you can cram a "Rhythm Nation 1814" CD up your ass before something gets hurt

by Anonymousreply 109August 10, 2013 6:57 AM

[quote]What is with you simpletons who think so highly of her?

She is LEGEND, you uninformed cretin. Get with the fucking program.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110August 10, 2013 4:15 PM

Janet Pop Culture Trivia Time:

A recent episode of the SPIKE TV show "Bar Rescue" was titled "Play. Some. Janet. Jackson!". It put the spotlight on Las Vegas's first gay nightclub, Gipsy. Link below...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111August 10, 2013 4:18 PM

[quote]I heard that "Run Away" song on the radio tonight

No surprise, as Janet is always being played on various radio stations. An interesting fact about YOUR FAVORITE SONG "Runaway" is that it made Janet the first female artist in Billboard's history to debut in the top ten of the Billboard Hot 100, entering at #6 in September 1995 and later peaking #3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112August 10, 2013 4:23 PM

Let's discuss!

by Anonymousreply 113September 21, 2014 4:49 AM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 114September 21, 2014 7:50 PM

What is this fucktard Janbot doing by bumping these ridiculous threads?

BAN JANBOT!

by Anonymousreply 115September 21, 2014 9:28 PM

I don't think it's Janbot. There's a demented queen out there who is anti Janet and makes Janbot's attentions look mild in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 116September 21, 2014 9:29 PM

But they were started by the janbot, right?

by Anonymousreply 117September 21, 2014 9:34 PM

[quote]She is LEGEND, you uninformed cretin. Get with the fucking program.

And true to form, Janbot becomes unhinged.

You stay classy, Janbot.

You stay classy.

by Anonymousreply 118September 21, 2014 9:47 PM

Jabba invented class.

by Anonymousreply 119September 21, 2014 9:49 PM

Ah yes, R115, you unmask yourself as the unhinged anti-Janbot troll.

You WILL be blocked.

by Anonymousreply 120September 21, 2014 9:57 PM

bump!

by Anonymousreply 121January 7, 2015 11:35 PM

I think she's learned how to reset her IP address, or whatever has to be done to trip up Trolldar. There's no way all of the comments aren't from Janbot.

by Anonymousreply 122January 7, 2015 11:47 PM

R122, you ARE an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 123January 8, 2015 8:54 PM

[quote]I think she's learned how to reset her IP address, or whatever has to be done to trip up Trolldar. There's no way all of the comments aren't from Janbot.

Jabba's too fucking retarded to ever figure out how to do that.

by Anonymousreply 124January 8, 2015 9:32 PM

^^Pot, meet kettle.

by Anonymousreply 125January 8, 2015 10:56 PM

GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS

Can we just get back to how great The Pleasure Principle is? Still to this day gets me excited every time I hear it. My fave Janet song.

And I say that is the biggest Madonna fan.

Why why why do we need to always slag these women off? They've all at one time or another been supportive of gay people, they make music we love to dance to and have all had exciting careers. You don't like one of them, then don't listen. But the constant hate posts on these women says much more about the person posting than it does about Madonna/Janet/Cyndi/Whitney/etc.

by Anonymousreply 126January 9, 2015 1:49 PM

Jane Jacket is the only Jackson we truly remember.

by Anonymousreply 127January 9, 2015 3:06 PM

^^^ Gurlfiend, I'm a gonna smack yo up side yo haid!

by Anonymousreply 128January 9, 2015 3:11 PM

Saw the video for the first time, borin song with an anemic chorus, hate the production (the melody and those cheesy horns are everything I despise about 80's pop). The only Janet song I actually remember as a boy is "Escapade" which I had on cassette and really liked. Anyway, she is really cute in that video, I'll give her that.

by Anonymousreply 129January 9, 2015 3:26 PM

Escapade, y'all!

by Anonymousreply 130January 9, 2015 3:30 PM

the pathetic Janbot-obsessed stalker will never stop chasing after him around DL, I see. That wack ass bitch needs to get a life. Janbot, you're hilarious and entertaining but your stalker is so annoying. He ruins all the Janet threads. He's also racist and anti-Semitic, based on what I've seen in the past using trolldar.

by Anonymousreply 131January 9, 2015 4:50 PM

Shut up you Janet loving, black Jew!

by Anonymousreply 132January 9, 2015 5:02 PM

Several people hate Janbot, but no one is obsessed with her. Janbot has a mighty high opinion of herself to think she's got a stalker. Janbot is nothing more than a bashing schoolyard bully with the humorless retorts is a six year old.

by Anonymousreply 133January 9, 2015 5:11 PM

Janbot probably hired a couple of nerdy high schoolers to do her dirty work for her on DL. She's obviously not paying them very well.

by Anonymousreply 134January 9, 2015 5:16 PM

R133 yes Janbot does have a stalker and the poster posted right above you actually.

The amount of hate for Janbot is only by silly, bitter kweens who have nothing going on in their lives so they get all wound up when Janbot posts about Janet. Get a fucking life.

by Anonymousreply 135January 9, 2015 5:16 PM

Please, R35. Janbot is a lonely drama queen who craves attention, and loves to create conflict. Why else would he continually start these tiresome thread? He'll take attention any way he can get it, good, bad, or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 136January 9, 2015 5:23 PM

R135 sounds like Janbot's pimp.

by Anonymousreply 137January 9, 2015 5:25 PM

R131, we merely come here to witness another public shredding and execution of Janbot. She brings it on herself.

by Anonymousreply 138January 9, 2015 5:32 PM

Ooooooh...Methinks R131 / R135 is being stalked. Janbot will not be happy when he finds you're stealing his thunder.

by Anonymousreply 139January 9, 2015 5:32 PM

Janet Jackson? I'm surprised that anyone even remembers her. She was a minor blip in the '80s and '90s. She had a few big hits, but she was no Madonna, Prince or Michael.

by Anonymousreply 140January 9, 2015 5:39 PM

Wasn't Janet Jackson that chick who was on "Good Times" with Dy-no-mite?

by Anonymousreply 141January 9, 2015 6:06 PM

[quote]Several people hate Janbot, but no one is obsessed with her. Janbot has a mighty high opinion of herself to think she's got a stalker. Janbot is nothing more than a bashing schoolyard bully with the humorless retorts is a six year old.

LOL!!! LOL!!!

by Anonymousreply 142January 9, 2015 6:25 PM

Me thinks Janbot stalks herself. She's clearly obsessed and off her meds.

by Anonymousreply 143January 9, 2015 6:29 PM

She's just lost and lonely. It happens when you get old and fat.

by Anonymousreply 144January 9, 2015 6:32 PM

SSSSSHHHHHHHRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 145January 9, 2015 7:52 PM

Terrible singer. Her voice was paper thin. Worse than Paula Abdul.

by Anonymousreply 146January 9, 2015 7:54 PM

so you freaks all proclaim your hate for Janbot yet you keep posting in all his threads? that makes sense...not. Also you seem like a bunch of cyber mean gays who get enjoyment out of trying to make Janbot angry or embarrassed when he clearly doesn't give a fuck. How can you complain about him yet you try to get him to keep doing what you think is annoying?

by Anonymousreply 147January 9, 2015 8:59 PM

Who the fuck still says that "....not" shit? R147, how fucking old ARE you?

by Anonymousreply 148January 9, 2015 9:04 PM

I feel sorry for people who had their heyday in the 80s, people like Madonna and Jane Jackson.

I'd be pissed if all my best songs were frozen in time, accompanied by those tinny synthesizers.

Everything sounds as if it was mastered of a $75 Casio keyboard. There is no depth or authenticity to the sounds.

So sad.

Jesus wept.

by Anonymousreply 149January 9, 2015 9:17 PM

I saw her Nasty video on TV the other day. I had forgotten how fat she was back then.

by Anonymousreply 150January 9, 2015 9:21 PM

She still is R150.

by Anonymousreply 151January 9, 2015 9:28 PM

[quote]Janbot is nothing more than a bashing schoolyard bully with the humorless retorts is a six year old.

Learn how to speak before you try to come for me, honeybunch.

by Anonymousreply 152January 10, 2015 7:28 PM

[quote]the pathetic Janbot-obsessed stalker will never stop chasing after him around DL, I see. That wack ass bitch needs to get a life. Janbot, you're hilarious and entertaining but your stalker is so annoying. He ruins all the Janet threads. He's also racist and anti-Semitic, based on what I've seen in the past using trolldar.

Yes, he really is human dreck. I wish there was a way I could zap him from the universe.

by Anonymousreply 153January 10, 2015 7:30 PM

[quote]The amount of hate for Janbot is only by silly, bitter kweens who have nothing going on in their lives so they get all wound up when Janbot posts about Janet. Get a fucking life.

I do love you.

by Anonymousreply 154January 10, 2015 7:31 PM

[quote]Please, [R35]. Janbot is a lonely drama queen who craves attention, and loves to create conflict. Why else would he continually start these tiresome thread? He'll take attention any way he can get it, good, bad, or otherwise.

Actually, you silly whore, I'm not always the creator of DL Janet threads. Sometimes they're started by other JanFans, and sometimes they're started by stupid trolls who just want to get shit going.

by Anonymousreply 155January 10, 2015 7:33 PM

[quote]Janet Jackson? I'm surprised that anyone even remembers her. She was a minor blip in the '80s and '90s. She had a few big hits, but she was no Madonna, Prince or Michael.

LOL, nice try, bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156January 10, 2015 7:34 PM

[quote]Me thinks Janbot stalks herself. She's clearly obsessed and off her meds.

Me thinks that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 157January 10, 2015 7:35 PM

LOL at how my pathetic stalker commented at R144 and then, because she just can't get enough of Janet threads, came back not even half an hour later to make some stupid, nonsensical comment. A life she CLEARLY does not have.

by Anonymousreply 158January 10, 2015 7:37 PM

My pathetic stalker had her ass handed to her by R147 and all she could come back with at R148 is some nitpicky thing about a word in R147's post. Boy, you can really tell when someone is fighting a losing battle!

by Anonymousreply 159January 10, 2015 7:39 PM

I think R151 is the most pitiful poster I've ever seen on DL in the many years I've been posting here, and I've seen some doozies, so that is saying a LOT.

by Anonymousreply 160January 10, 2015 7:40 PM

It's strange how some music holds up years after years, and Janet's stuff seems all so dated now.

by Anonymousreply 161January 10, 2015 8:22 PM

Jabba types retarded.

by Anonymousreply 162January 10, 2015 8:57 PM

[quote]It's strange how some music holds up years after years, and Janet's stuff seems all so dated now.

Umm...no. I don't think so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163January 10, 2015 11:14 PM

The Velvet Rope--full of audio gimmicks and giggles to be "edgy". And it has that perennially awful 80's synthesized background sound. It is truly anachronistic and awful in 2015.

A timeless album should be absolutely that. Free of gimmicks and repetitive background production that identifies it from a particular decade.

The Velvet Rope fails all of these tests.

by Anonymousreply 164January 11, 2015 6:00 PM

R164 clearly doesn't know what she's talking about/is a troll.

The Velvet Rope was heralded upon its release, and with good reason. It was a dark and introspective album that provided an intimate look into one of the world's most guarded and private pop icons. It covered the themes of sex, domestic abuse, homophobia and the lost of loved ones, and did so while exploring the varied music genres of pop, R&B, funk and electronica. The production provided a beat to which Janet's deep lyrics were set against, and the album became a multi-platinum, award-winning affair. Not only are various tracks from it still sampled and re-made by today's artists, but it is still regarded as her masterpiece.

One of the best tracks from these sessions was the Japanese Bonus Track "God's Stepchild", which was also released on the soundtrack to the movie Down in the Delta.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165January 11, 2015 6:39 PM

R165, maybe it was ALL those things as you say. Maybe you are just full of shit. The truth is that it was SO FUCKING LONG AGO that many of us reading this post don't recall it coming out at all because we were not born yet.

The rest of us merely recall it as it was: A gimmicky set of tunes with an awfully derivative production sound of the 80s.

No one will remember this music because many of us have already forgotten it. It was just another album in a sea of albums in the 80s, and not quite up to its peers of the day.

by Anonymousreply 166January 12, 2015 5:58 AM

I prefer the original

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167January 12, 2015 8:52 AM

Janbot has been around for awhile. I wonder why Janet is so afraid to put out any new music?

by Anonymousreply 168January 12, 2015 9:08 AM

[quote]It was just another album in a sea of albums in the 80s, and not quite up to its peers of the day.

The Velvet Rope was in the late '90s, fuckface, and like I said, it was heralded not only as one of the best albums to come out that year, but also as Janet's masterpiece. And tell that "we don't remember it" shit to somebody else, because it's just a load of bullshit to anyone with common sense. TVR spoke to fans all over the world--people dealing with depression, people dealing with the death of a loved one, people dealing with coming out of the closet, you name it. And, with as many artists and fans alike who still regard it as an album that inspired them/saved their life, etc., it's obvious that you are more than clueless.

[quote]many of us reading this post don't recall it coming out at all because we were not born yet.

This sentence pretty much negates anything else you have to say on the subject, honey. You weren't born in 1997? HA! You still have afterbirth behind your ears. Go back to the sandbox, child.

by Anonymousreply 169January 12, 2015 9:43 PM

R169, you old queen. Go back to the nursing home.

by Anonymousreply 170January 13, 2015 3:27 AM

R170, I'm not even close to old, but I'm definitely closer to wise than you'll ever be. Again, go play in the sand little boy.

by Anonymousreply 171January 13, 2015 4:53 AM

Yo' fat hard pay-nuss feels so good against my lips, sugah

I want you so bad I can taste yo' cum right now

by Anonymousreply 172January 13, 2015 8:13 AM

It is my pleasure principal to expose the MOST PATHETIC POSTER ON DATALOUNGE!

OP+ R2 R9 R10 R15 R16 R18 R21 R22 R24 R29 R33 R34 R39 R40 R41 R47 R73 R98 R121 R123 R125 R152 R153 R154 R155 R156 R157 R158 R159 R160 R163 R165 R169 R171

GO JANBOT GO!

DAZZLE US WITH ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR SNAPPY RETORTS.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..............

by Anonymousreply 173January 13, 2015 8:55 AM

Janbot has to fill her own threads. He's on the Janet Jackson Promotional Payroll Tour.

by Anonymousreply 174January 13, 2015 9:07 AM

Janbot is alive and unwell.

by Anonymousreply 175January 13, 2015 9:17 AM

Emotionally unwell R175. Very emotionally unwell.

by Anonymousreply 176January 13, 2015 9:48 AM

What do you people get out of hating on Janet?

by Anonymousreply 177January 13, 2015 10:23 AM

by Anonymousreply 178January 13, 2015 6:59 PM

by Anonymousreply 179January 13, 2015 7:00 PM

by Anonymousreply 180January 13, 2015 7:00 PM

by Anonymousreply 181January 13, 2015 7:00 PM

[quote]It is my pleasure principal to expose the MOST PATHETIC POSTER ON DATALOUNGE!

It takes a special kind of crazy to go through the trouble of referencing each and every one of someone's posts in a long thread, and you obviously fit the bill.

by Anonymousreply 182January 13, 2015 11:31 PM

[quote]Janbot has to fill her own threads. He's on the Janet Jackson Promotional Payroll Tour.

Nice try, but no cigar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183January 13, 2015 11:34 PM

[quote]What do you people get out of hating on Janet?

It unfortunately adds some spice to their otherwise humdrum, meaningless existences.

by Anonymousreply 184January 13, 2015 11:35 PM

The Queen

by Anonymousreply 185March 16, 2019 12:53 PM

^Of fatass pedo enablers.^

by Anonymousreply 186March 16, 2019 12:57 PM

^But enough about your whore mother, JABBA^

by Anonymousreply 187March 16, 2019 12:56 PM

The best music video hands down by any female singer EVAH.

by Anonymousreply 188March 16, 2019 1:03 PM

Yass!!

by Anonymousreply 189March 16, 2019 4:21 PM

Janet is a national treasure.

by Anonymousreply 190March 16, 2019 4:26 PM

Her hair in the PP video is LIFE.

by Anonymousreply 191March 16, 2019 4:28 PM

Loife!!

by Anonymousreply 192March 22, 2019 7:20 AM

why are her tours only selling half out, many may be cancelled. ………………………..sad

by Anonymousreply 193March 22, 2019 8:37 AM

So what number on the Richter Scale did she hit making that steaming pile of shit?

I say at LEAST 8.4.

by Anonymousreply 194March 22, 2019 12:25 PM

RNRHOF inductee. Multi-platinum, multiple award winning artist. Influencer. Actress. Singer. Dancer. Icon. Janet.

by Anonymousreply 195March 22, 2019 12:33 PM

she use so much bleach on her face that she buys it by the truck load.....big oil tankers full of the shit.

by Anonymousreply 196March 22, 2019 2:59 PM

^State Fair bankrupter, pedo enabler, plastic surgery addict, shitty mother. ^

by Anonymousreply 197March 23, 2019 4:19 AM

Pleasure Principle is iconic in every way, even down to the cinematography. All of her Dominic Sena-directed videos are gorgeous (Let’s Wait Awhile, PP, Rhythm Nation, If).

by Anonymousreply 198March 23, 2019 5:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!