Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dollar Tree

Got some Jordache cologne today for $1!!!

Jealous?

by Anonymousreply 601April 1, 2018 2:07 PM

Does it smell like old jeans?

by Anonymousreply 1December 18, 2011 6:57 AM

OP = eldergay.

by Anonymousreply 2December 18, 2011 7:03 AM

The Dollar Tree is one of my favorite places on earth. I got all my Xmas wrap and ribbon there yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 3December 18, 2011 9:36 AM

Did they have any Hai Karate cologne?

by Anonymousreply 4December 18, 2011 9:38 AM

dropped $50 there yesterday on gift wrap, cleaning supplies, aluminum pans, all kinds of things. The place is a wonder. Best dollar store that I know.

by Anonymousreply 5December 18, 2011 10:03 AM

I got some Sasson jeans! They fit my butt so tight!

by Anonymousreply 6December 18, 2011 10:34 AM

Dollar Tree converted many of their locations to Deal$ with higher prices.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 18, 2011 12:28 PM

Thye just started to open up here in Canada. I haven't been in any. Is the "quality" of products as good as other dollar chains, or is it all "made in China" trashy stuff?

by Anonymousreply 8December 18, 2011 12:35 PM

I got Charlie for a dollar.

by Anonymousreply 9December 18, 2011 12:37 PM

Dollar stores are like Woolworth used to be, just a Five and Dime. I used to love the one in downtown Denver when I was a boy - they had everything, and my $20 allowance (a lot for 1977) went really far.

by Anonymousreply 10December 18, 2011 2:21 PM

[quote]Dollar Tree converted many of their locations to Deal$ with higher prices.

I get them confused. Is Dollar Tree everything for a dollar? Around my area there is also Family Dollar and Dollar General and they are not everything for a Dollar even though they sorta want you to believe that to get you in the door.

by Anonymousreply 11December 18, 2011 2:41 PM

Yes, R11. Dollar Trees are everthing's-a-dollar stores. Family Dollar/Dollar General are ripoffs--they are merely convenience stores without the gasoline.

by Anonymousreply 12December 18, 2011 2:46 PM

I don't even know R9. But I have socialized with Anderson Cooper on a yacht.

by Anonymousreply 13December 18, 2011 2:47 PM

A lot of the dollar stores have special packaging that makes you think you're getting a bargain.

Example: you'll see a pack of hot chocolate with 3 envelopes for a dollar, but in a regular grocery store, you can find the same brand with 6 envelopes for $1.50. No bargain from the dollar store there. You've got to pay attention wherever you shop.

I've only seen Dollar Trees that are a crapped-out mess that look like a bomb went off. Has anyone been to a nice one?

by Anonymousreply 14December 18, 2011 4:45 PM

Does Dollar Tree sell Thunderbird wine?

by Anonymousreply 15December 18, 2011 5:59 PM

[quote]Family Dollar/Dollar General are ripoffs

Actually cleaning supplies are cheaper than most places. They also carry limited grocery items (including milk and eggs) that are pretty cheap.

by Anonymousreply 16December 18, 2011 6:05 PM

[quote]Has anyone been to a nice one?

They vary greatly in how well they are maintained. All three around here are pretty well-kept. I've been in a few elsewhere with lots of merchandise littering the aisles so you kind of had to kick your way through the store.

by Anonymousreply 17December 18, 2011 6:08 PM

The crowd at Dollar Tree makes the ones at Walmart look like Nordstroms. Not a bad place to buy crap to clean with, but you have to be careful about a lot of other things.

by Anonymousreply 18December 18, 2011 6:26 PM

OP, 1984 called, it wants its [italic]eau de toilette[/italic] back.

by Anonymousreply 19December 18, 2011 6:43 PM

Everything is $1 at Dollar Tree. Everything.

It's great if you're buying wrapping paper, foil, paper products, etc. But the stuff like cologne I wouldn't recommend at all.

I don't like the majority of the cleaning supplies either. Although the glass cleaner wipes are FANTASTIC and for some reason are better than Windex wipes.

by Anonymousreply 20December 18, 2011 9:12 PM

They all have a hardback book section. If you missed a bestseller from 4 years ago, to books that don't sell (varies greatly by state), that aisle is a must browse. I've saved over $300 in a year by buying books there. Generally, if you see something you want, buy it. there's no guarantee it will still be there tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 21December 18, 2011 9:25 PM

I bought a chantillily powder and lotion set there yesterday, which I was thinbking of giving to my aunt as xmas present.

by Anonymousreply 22December 19, 2011 1:17 AM

Love Dollartree. For about a week, they had iPad protective covers. I bought two. Wish I'd bought five (they're $10+ at the Apple store). They had beautiful knit scarves there for couple of weeks (until they sold out). I get watch batteries there. It's a great store.

by Anonymousreply 23December 19, 2011 1:26 AM

They're general inventory is shit, but they have occasional special items which are a real steal.

I go there for my Monster Espressos which I can't find anywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 24December 19, 2011 1:38 AM

Had to resurrect this thread to give props to DT. I am moving out of my apartment and the black tile bathroom floor is stained with lime. CLR didn't work. I bought DT's version of CLR and it worked like magic.

by Anonymousreply 25March 17, 2014 11:24 PM

Spray that knockoff scent on your pits and ass, OP. Because the secret ingredient that makes the real thing expensive is animal sweat.

by Anonymousreply 26March 17, 2014 11:32 PM

Dollar Tree is the best dollar store because all of their merchandise is, in fact, $1 and below.

by Anonymousreply 27March 17, 2014 11:37 PM

the best deals often come at mom and pop dollar stores that sell higher priced items. I've gotten crazy deals on things like starbucks coffee or organic items they sell at wholefoods near expiration date, would rather pay $2-3 for a $10 item than have the store stick to an arbitrary $1 price.

by Anonymousreply 28March 17, 2014 11:39 PM

I love Dollar Tree!

by Anonymousreply 29March 18, 2014 12:11 AM

I bought a dollar for a buck fifty!

by Anonymousreply 30March 18, 2014 12:19 AM

I just bought a pet rock!

by Anonymousreply 31March 18, 2014 12:21 AM

It's the only store where I can find household ammonia in Toronto. For cleaning, this stuff is literally a miracle.

by Anonymousreply 32March 18, 2014 12:26 AM

And for waking up your dates after you've chloroformed them!

by Anonymousreply 33March 18, 2014 12:33 AM

Some things like wrapping paper, plastic containers, kitchen utensils are great for picking up there.

by Anonymousreply 34March 18, 2014 6:18 AM

I have seen newt gingrich, sarah palin, bristol palin and andrew breitbart's books at the Dollar Tree. bristol and breitbart's books were right next to each other on the shelf

by Anonymousreply 35March 18, 2014 7:18 AM

Gosh, haven't read them. Should I wait till they're pulped so they're more coherent, or are they pre-pulped, do you think?

by Anonymousreply 36March 18, 2014 11:25 AM

[quote] Dollar Tree is the best dollar store because all of their merchandise is, in fact, $1 and below.

That description is what made me see if we have one in town and where it is. Turns out there's one in a mall a few blocks from here. Other "dollar" stores I've tried didn't impress me, I've never been to a real one. Looking forward to it.

by Anonymousreply 37March 18, 2014 11:42 AM

Dammit, R4!

by Anonymousreply 38March 18, 2014 4:50 PM

Report back to us, r37.

by Anonymousreply 39March 18, 2014 4:59 PM

I gets my antiretrovirals at Dollar Tree.

by Anonymousreply 40March 18, 2014 5:10 PM

I wouldn't be suprised if OP is a hoarder.

by Anonymousreply 41March 18, 2014 5:10 PM

I got both of Rob Lowe's books from there and also Lee Grant's bio.

I also got Party of Five season one years ago and the Dreamgirls soundtrack at a place called Dollar Buys.

by Anonymousreply 42March 8, 2018 2:54 PM

Dollar Tree is great for holiday decorations and disposable plastic ware. It is not the place to purchase cologne, however, unless you want to smell like a cheap whore.

by Anonymousreply 43March 8, 2018 3:16 PM

No OP, you got a knockoff copy of Jordache there. Are you by chance sight impaired?

by Anonymousreply 44March 8, 2018 3:29 PM

[quote]Dollar Tree is great for holiday decorations and disposable plastic ware. It is not the place to purchase cologne, however, unless you want to smell like a cheap whore.

Are they selling my parfums there???

by Anonymousreply 45March 8, 2018 3:30 PM

I buy truckloads of their plastic kitchen storage containers. I also like hose boxes of single sheet aluminum foil. They're good for greeting cards, And I've found some good buys back in the cleaning products aisle too. I never NEVER even go near their frozen or cold foods section or any of their canned goods. I do like their sugar free bags of mints. Whoever makes them puts a much higher percentage of peppermint in them than most other sugar fee brands. DT is also a good place to find cheap office products like clips and such.

by Anonymousreply 46March 8, 2018 3:36 PM

books, books and more books. i've bought lots of titles i'd never even considered because at $1, i can toss them if i don't like them. and DAMN, have i found a lot of new authors to enjoy. (also, my local used music store has a buy back offer for books. i get $4 credit for all the $1 books i buy at $tree when i take them to the music store. make money from home!

by Anonymousreply 47March 8, 2018 3:47 PM

W&W 45!

by Anonymousreply 48March 8, 2018 3:49 PM

I like their Texas Toast from the freezer section.

by Anonymousreply 49March 8, 2018 4:38 PM

I happened across a video on Youtube of a woman shopping in a CA dollar store and I got jealous. The place was a utopia of all kinds of fresh fruits and vegetables - displays full of ripe tomatoes, grapes, bananas, brussels sprouts, etc. all for $1.00! They had this brand of dried fruit that is sold in my local Stop & Shop for $3.99.... for $1. Aisles of national brands of food like Hellman's mayo - and not the chintzy mini jars either. This must be near some great farming areas to get that much beautiful produce at such a great price.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 8, 2018 5:09 PM

[quote]No OP, you got a knockoff copy of Jordache there. Are you by chance sight impaired?

Are you by chance calendar-impaired? That post was from SEVEN YEARS AGO.

by Anonymousreply 51March 8, 2018 5:25 PM

I go there to stock up on my Love's BabySoft and Jean Nate!

by Anonymousreply 52March 8, 2018 5:26 PM

r50 Pretty much every 99 Cents Only store I've been in (northern and southern California) has a full array of produce most of the time. Some things are seasonal, of course, and a lot of it is not top quality, but the bagged salads are always cheaper than anywhere else, and they're not on the verge of expiration.

by Anonymousreply 53March 8, 2018 5:27 PM

They used to play music in there.

by Anonymousreply 54March 8, 2018 5:47 PM

I'm a sucker for the pound cakes....

by Anonymousreply 55March 8, 2018 5:55 PM

I don't know how the staff they remain so cheerful that's got to be a tough job.

by Anonymousreply 56March 8, 2018 8:13 PM

I'm r55. I just got in from shopping and I hit the Dollar Tree and got three pound cakes.

by Anonymousreply 57March 8, 2018 9:26 PM

everything in the DT is from Walmart kids..... but i agree....i buy my dish soap and bathroom stuff there....,you can get some great deals. wrapping paper, ribbon, cards......

by Anonymousreply 58March 8, 2018 9:52 PM

most of the household chemicals (dish soap, etc) is very watery. you are buying chinese water folks.

by Anonymousreply 59March 8, 2018 11:15 PM

I shop there. Yeah, some stuff is cheap and shoddy. And some is the exact same thing as you’d get elsewhere for half or a quarter of the price.

by Anonymousreply 60March 8, 2018 11:54 PM

I buy a ton of cleaning supplies there. Light bulbs and plastic food containers are a great deal.

by Anonymousreply 61March 9, 2018 12:01 AM

That's why I buy the Ajax Ultra, r59. Same price, plus the bottle takes up less room.

by Anonymousreply 62March 9, 2018 12:05 AM

I was at Walmart and this queen sailed away from the checkout boasting "Five Dollars!", he had a discounted Stetson cologne gift set.

by Anonymousreply 63March 9, 2018 12:06 AM

Well, smell HER, r63!

by Anonymousreply 64March 9, 2018 12:09 AM

[quote] I don't know how the staff they remain so cheerful that's got to be a tough job.

OH Yeah, can you imagine having to memorize all those prices.

by Anonymousreply 65March 9, 2018 12:22 AM

This is so true it hurts. I was checking out at DT a few years ago and this IDIOT woman walks up to the counter and asks the check out lady "do you sell electric razors?". Before the employee could even answer I looked at the moron and said "AT DOLLAR TREE?". The cretin had no idea what I meant. The checkout lady just smiled and said "no ma'am, just manual razors". The moron woman just walked out so disappointed. The checkout lady looked at me, rolled her eyes and said "incredible isn't it".

by Anonymousreply 66March 9, 2018 1:09 AM

R56, I go to the one in East Harlem and the people who work there are so friendly and nice. The customers are usually friendly to them, but one time I saw a cracked-out couple verbally abuse a cashier (who maintained his cool the whole time). I really thought blood would be spilled and wondered if it would be on the news.

But the employees are always professional and pleasant. I sent an email to Corporate, praising them.

by Anonymousreply 67March 9, 2018 1:20 AM

[quote] I bought a chantillily powder and lotion set there yesterday, which I was thinbking of giving to my aunt as xmas present.

Save your money, you cheap faggot, because you're gonna need it. I'm cutting you out of my will.

by Anonymousreply 68March 9, 2018 1:32 AM

Please. Dollar stores today are just mounds of crap thrown on shelves. There's no effort to even make the stores look presentable. Great for the Walmart generation who think shopping in sweatpants and matching slippers is acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 69March 9, 2018 1:41 AM

r66 And this is why it came as no surprise to me that we ended up with the current Moron-In-Chief in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 70March 9, 2018 1:54 AM

The DTs near me vary. One has a very lame food aisle. The other is almost like a different store. At that one, they have the same brand of pasta sold in better stores for many more times the price. True, the quality of what food sold there varies and there can be some sketchy products. Still, worth a look. I picked up cookies from Italy, and found good buys on beans, occasionally better chocolates, nuts and jerky. I wouldn't buy the frozen foods from China and India, however. They sell a line of Italian style items that are imported from China! Gotta read your labels in that place.

by Anonymousreply 71March 9, 2018 2:15 AM

It's no Aldi.

by Anonymousreply 72March 9, 2018 2:16 AM

I was not too impressed with the Aldi near me. I find good prices on what I want if I shop around and am not loyal to a store or brand. I would not go out of my way to shop there.

by Anonymousreply 73March 9, 2018 2:19 AM

Great for cleaning products, gift wrap etc., and last summer I got Benadryl there. A little box of seven tablets. They only had one on display and when I went back next day to see if they had more they said they were sold out. I will look for them again later in the year.

by Anonymousreply 74March 9, 2018 2:48 AM

All the cool gays shop at 99¢ Only Stores.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75March 9, 2018 2:54 AM

I go there as well r75. A couple of different ones in fact. But they don't have those pound cakes so I HAVE to go to DT for those.

by Anonymousreply 76March 9, 2018 2:58 AM

I love Dollar Tree. The manager always claps when a customer farts.

by Anonymousreply 77March 9, 2018 3:17 AM

I have a rental home at the beach. DT is great for glassware, coffee mugs, some kitchen utensils and plastic “Tupperware”. The Awesome brand general cleaner is great, especially for painted walls and spots on carpet.

by Anonymousreply 78March 9, 2018 11:14 AM

Me too, OP. It's great.

by Anonymousreply 79March 9, 2018 12:38 PM

You obviously have to be careful what you buy at DT. Some things can actually be found cheaper elsewhere. And of course there's the strange knockoff brands, and the ultra cheapo brands (like their in-house dishwashing liquids that is little more than water). And it's a place you have to go to once a week religiously to luck up on good finds lest they're all sold out when you go. A few months ago I found some really nice, heavy duty votive holders I immediately though "hey these will make great juice glasses". I bought 12. I've had several people ask me where I bought the beautiful glasses. They can't believe it when I tell them.

by Anonymousreply 80March 9, 2018 3:42 PM

Oh and DO NOT forget to pick up some of their LA's Awesome Degreaser in the spray bottle and as many refill bottles as possible. The BEST degreaser on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 81March 9, 2018 3:43 PM

They have ELF cosmetics there that are of high quality.

by Anonymousreply 82March 9, 2018 3:45 PM

It's faux Jordache which probably stinks like cheesy foreskin.

by Anonymousreply 83March 9, 2018 3:45 PM

R75 I ***love*** the 99 in Palm Springs.

It is, by far, the nicest dollar store I've ever visited.

by Anonymousreply 84March 9, 2018 3:47 PM

I bet this one would have been nice, r84.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85March 9, 2018 3:50 PM

I see a lot of people raving about certain products at the Dollar Tree but you have to really pay attention to the size of what you're buying. A lot of the cleaning products and kitchen items like foil, wrap, baggies, etc. are smaller quantities than you would get in the store and therefore you're paying more for it at the DT.

I remember seeing Softsoap Handsoap there and on first glance it seems like it's a good deal but then you can go to Target or Walmart and it's $.67.

by Anonymousreply 86March 9, 2018 3:51 PM

R80, I hope they're not full of lead. There's a reason they didn't market them as heavy duty juice glasses.

by Anonymousreply 87March 9, 2018 3:57 PM

At DT a box of Kraft Mac & Cheese is $1.00. at my local Stater Bros they're $0.79 per box. So yeah, it's not always a deal.

by Anonymousreply 88March 9, 2018 4:04 PM

Bitch how were them poundcakes?

by Anonymousreply 89March 9, 2018 4:07 PM

I enjoy the piquance a little extra lead provides.

by Anonymousreply 90March 9, 2018 4:08 PM

Exactly the same as always, r89. Are Sara Lee's better? Of course. Over four times the price better?

by Anonymousreply 91March 9, 2018 4:12 PM

Who pissed in R87 's juice glass?

by Anonymousreply 92March 9, 2018 4:12 PM

One of the most expensive photographs ever sold was of a 99 Cent Store.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93March 9, 2018 4:13 PM

7 whole tablets of benadryl for $1? my local supermarket sells their brand of the same drug $5 for 100 capsules.

by Anonymousreply 94March 9, 2018 4:26 PM

I think that's fairly recent, r94. Not that long ago, The 99 Cent Store "Benadryl" had the same amount as the actual Benadryl in the box. I've noticed the reduction.

by Anonymousreply 95March 9, 2018 4:32 PM

Wow, never have I seen food aisles in a dollar store. Seems awfully scary though if they're peddling faux Italian foods from China. I like going to these type of stores while out of town. The majority of nicer ones have left my city neighbourhood due to astronomical rents. I still don't think I would trust the food though.

by Anonymousreply 96March 9, 2018 6:34 PM

I've bought Spaghetti-O's there r96. Real Spaghetti-O's not faux Spaghetti-O's.

by Anonymousreply 97March 9, 2018 7:01 PM

They sell the Sunday newspapers with supplements at a discount.

by Anonymousreply 98March 9, 2018 7:04 PM

Would that be Spaghetti-fauxs r97?

by Anonymousreply 99March 9, 2018 7:37 PM

Here is a pet peeve of mine the Dollar Tree used to have styrofoam cups I would make my coffee with them every morning it's annoying that they don't have them no moreperiod

by Anonymousreply 100March 9, 2018 8:28 PM

[quote]I was not too impressed with the Aldi near me. I find good prices on what I want if I shop around and am not loyal to a store or brand. I would not go out of my way to shop there.

DL blasphemy!

by Anonymousreply 101March 9, 2018 9:45 PM

[quote] Here is a pet peeve of mine the Dollar Tree used to have styrofoam cups I would make my coffee with them every morning it's annoying that they don't have them no moreperiod

Good, you lazy cunt. Buy a coffee cup and wash it, and maybe keep a couple landfills empty.

by Anonymousreply 102March 9, 2018 10:01 PM

[quote] Here is a pet peeve of mine the Dollar Tree used to have styrofoam cups I would make my coffee with them every morning it's annoying that they don't have them no moreperiod

No styrofoam ever.....you fat whore!

Styrofoam is like literally the WORST product to buy. Get a reusable coffee cup like R102 said. Especially if you're making coffee at home.

Also, learn English!

by Anonymousreply 103March 9, 2018 10:06 PM

I like there energy tabs.

by Anonymousreply 104March 9, 2018 10:22 PM

That's the trouble with the world today, r102.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105March 9, 2018 10:32 PM

In Canada, everything at Dollar Tree is $1.25.

But it's still a better price than Dollarama, which went from "everything's a dollar" to "most things are three or four dollars, motherfuckers".

However, almost none of their stock overlaps, and many of them more expensive items at Dollarama are actually better quality and thus worth the price. I recently bought some large, square fabric bins to store towels in my linen closet -- the ones at Dollarama are $4 but they are huge and sturdy and come in gorgeous colours. The Dollar Tree ones are cheaper, yes, but also much more flimsy and only come in three ugly brownish colours.

But if you're looking for CD crates, both stores carry the *exact* same one, so you may as well save a quarter and buy it at Dollar Tree vs spending $1.50 at Dollarama.

by Anonymousreply 106March 9, 2018 11:03 PM

Even though Dollar Tree has been around for a few years, it wasn't until recently, that I finally went into one, and was very pleasantly surprised. The selection of paper goods for parties, wrapping paper, and greeting cards was amazing. I would definitely buy party goods there. I'm buying cleaning products... supermarkets charge at least twice the amount, for pretty much the same thing, items for storage, containers for organizing and desks, bowls and dinnerware for everyday use. The variety is really good.. so much to offer... everything for one dollar. I don't know what took me so long.. :) I wouldn't buy food, or vitamins/supplements though. I'm a little nervous of counterfeit items.. made in China. Most everything there is China made, but I feel better if not edible.

by Anonymousreply 107March 9, 2018 11:32 PM

Anyone knocking the Dollar Tree has never shopped there.

by Anonymousreply 108March 9, 2018 11:44 PM

Well smell you OP!

by Anonymousreply 109March 9, 2018 11:46 PM

If you like to by gallon bouquets for birthdays or special occasions, that is the ONLY place to go!

by Anonymousreply 110March 9, 2018 11:46 PM

^^^^^^ Damn you, spell check !

Make that Balloon 🎈 Bouquets

by Anonymousreply 111March 9, 2018 11:48 PM

If it was 1981, I'd be PEA GREEN WITH ENVY. Wonder if the bottle you purchased was manufactured back then ?

by Anonymousreply 112March 9, 2018 11:50 PM

I know there are a lot of Texans on DL; how about Daiso, the Japanese dollar store?

by Anonymousreply 113March 10, 2018 12:00 AM

In TX, I've shopped McFrougal's, but cannot wait to hear about Daiso's!

by Anonymousreply 114March 10, 2018 12:02 AM

A pal picked up quite a few ceramic elephants (made in Vietnam, I think) at a DT many years ago. They looked just like ones made in the early 20th century. Who knows, maybe it was the same factory. You could NOT tell the difference. The clay was the same color, the glazes the same. Anyway, he took 'em to a market and sold them!

by Anonymousreply 115March 10, 2018 12:04 AM

Daiso has stuff from $1.50-$4. They must have six different kinds of Q-tips: black ribbed, sticky tips, wet tips, tiny, normal, etc. Lots of Japanese-type junk food. Disposable underwear (men's and women's). All different kinds of origami paper and nice drawing tablets. Japanese stationery. Nice food containers that aren't all plastic, nice Japanese dishes.

by Anonymousreply 116March 10, 2018 12:09 AM

I want to visit TX again now, just to shop there!

by Anonymousreply 117March 10, 2018 12:12 AM

I actually like Dollar Tree for a handful of things. They are the only place I can get cheap mops. I've seen similar mops for $10-15 other places but only a buck at DT. Usually good for a few months for dusting, etc.

by Anonymousreply 118March 10, 2018 12:15 AM

[quote] I like there energy tabs.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 119March 10, 2018 12:15 AM

I have never been to any dollar-type store. But I would never buy anyone balloons, or myself scented cleanser.

by Anonymousreply 120March 10, 2018 12:17 AM

They have pretty good bagels there.

by Anonymousreply 121March 10, 2018 12:56 AM

All we have around here is the Dollar Store and Family Dollar both of which only seem to sell cheaply made and very sketchy looking Made In China crap.

by Anonymousreply 122March 10, 2018 3:56 AM

Daiso is an interesting store. Everything from $1.50 and up. You wouldn't think so but that extra fifty cents makes a huge difference in the quality of the items.

by Anonymousreply 123March 10, 2018 4:18 AM

Last week I was with a friend at Dollar Tree to buy a few things for another friend's birthday party. The balloons were tied to a rack, but then there were other racks and carts sorta surrounding it. I sort of stumbled over to grab the balloons and looked down and saw a gray complected woman unconscious on the floor and 2 paramedics doing resuscitation. Somebody had shoved carts and shelves around them in an attempt at creating some privacy.

I only paused a moment when the manager tapped my shoulder and offered to help. She took me over to the balloon filling station and got me a bouquet of balloons of my choosing. My shopping friend, a nurse, said, "That lady was dead. I've seen dead before, and she was gone."

by Anonymousreply 124March 10, 2018 4:30 AM

I hope she got to try that pound cake before she bit the dust, R124.

by Anonymousreply 125March 10, 2018 4:56 AM

[quote]Oh and DO NOT forget to pick up some of their LA's Awesome Degreaser in the spray bottle and as many refill bottles as possible. The BEST degreaser on the planet.

The LA's Awesome glass cleaner is also excellent, and the bottle is huge. The only problem is that the nozzle is pretty chintzy - I swap it out with a sturdier one from my old glass cleaner brand.

by Anonymousreply 126March 10, 2018 8:51 AM

Better there, r124 then, say, an adult book store video booth.....

by Anonymousreply 127March 10, 2018 2:04 PM

Me too, r125.....

by Anonymousreply 128March 10, 2018 2:06 PM

The Dollar Trees around here always have a disgusting chemical odor. I don't trust them. I do love the 99 Cent Store - they usually have some interesting healthy snacks and some of the fresh produce is a good deal. I got a full sized box of Gevalia k-cups there for 99 cents last week.

by Anonymousreply 129March 10, 2018 3:03 PM

For R124.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130March 10, 2018 3:55 PM

Here it is. They also make marble, chocolate, and lemon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131March 10, 2018 4:05 PM

[quote]The Dollar Trees around here always have a disgusting chemical odor. I don't trust them. I do love the 99 Cent Store

Bull shit, just admit you're too poor to shop at the dollar store so you go to the 99¢ and HAVE TO.

by Anonymousreply 132March 10, 2018 5:00 PM

Besides the pound cakes, I'd get bagel chips there. But they haven't had any for ages......

by Anonymousreply 133March 10, 2018 6:05 PM

I'm on my way there to get tuna with chips and crackers great meal for a dollar. ☺

by Anonymousreply 134March 10, 2018 11:36 PM

Those pound cakes are fabulous if you cut a slice and put some fresh sugared strawberries over it with a dollop of whipped cream.

by Anonymousreply 135March 10, 2018 11:46 PM

R132 The 99 Cent chain is actually way nicer in all ways than most Dollar Trees. You were and are missing the point.

by Anonymousreply 136March 11, 2018 12:31 AM

Dollar General is popular here. I buy inexpensive household cleaning supplies there.

Was waiting to check out when a female walked in, and loudly shouted at the checkout clerk, :Where be the pregnancy tests?" Clerk: "Which ones?" Female "The ones that be a dollar!"

Sadly, they carry those.

by Anonymousreply 137March 11, 2018 12:39 AM

They used to always have condoms in various colors at the 99 Cents Only store.

by Anonymousreply 138March 11, 2018 12:50 AM

R137 reminds me - the first time I went to a Dollar Tree (in 2006), I was amazed to see $1 pregnancy tests AND marijuana tests. They still have both. Walgreens charges $12.99 for the same MJ test.

by Anonymousreply 139March 11, 2018 2:46 AM

Those pregnancy tests really do work.

Why pay more?

by Anonymousreply 140March 11, 2018 2:48 AM

Are these "famous" poundcakes a brand name, meaning a national brand? Are these Chinese too?

by Anonymousreply 141March 11, 2018 2:51 AM

Dollar Tree has really nice reading glasses for $1 a pair. Their sunglasses aren't bad either.

by Anonymousreply 142March 11, 2018 3:02 AM

Nice haul of scents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143March 11, 2018 3:04 AM

Here is the kind they sell in my store.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144March 11, 2018 3:06 AM

R142, I shall never give cheap readers another chance! While travelling, I picked up a BOGO free Foster Grant sale. Each time I wore these, something in the plastic caused sore bumbs on the bridge of my nose. Made in China scary plastic. They were different styles, yet both caused this irritation.

by Anonymousreply 145March 11, 2018 3:08 AM

r140=Maury Povich

by Anonymousreply 146March 11, 2018 5:03 AM

R133, I don't see those on their website.

Did you know that you can buy almost anything Dollar Tree sells, from their website, by the case?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147March 11, 2018 7:07 AM

Oh, forgot to mention: Dollar Trees in Canada do NOT sell any frozen food, and have an extremely limited selection of other foodstuffs (pretty much just boxed and canned things).

I'll keep an eye out for that poundcake, but I highly doubt it's available here.

by Anonymousreply 148March 11, 2018 7:24 PM

I wish I could live there I love it so much.

by Anonymousreply 149March 11, 2018 10:23 PM

They have Norman Rockwell puzzles there.

by Anonymousreply 150March 11, 2018 11:07 PM

Sometimes they have Chex Mix which is a super bargain for a dollar. However, I only like the BOLD.

by Anonymousreply 151March 11, 2018 11:19 PM

Dollar Trees vary quite a bit. The one in my town doesn't have any refrigerated or frozen items (except sodas and water.) But a couple of towns over, there's one with a full line of frozen and refrigerated food.

by Anonymousreply 152March 12, 2018 2:27 AM

The DT closest to me is gross, but the one 30 minutes away is close to my office and is much better. Clean, organized. I don't go a lot, but I like to get gift wrap and bags. Also like to get trays and serving dishes I can take to functions and not worry about getting back. I'm also prone to lose sunglasses, so I have a bunch from DT and if I lose them, no big.

by Anonymousreply 153March 12, 2018 4:01 AM

I bought a case of Skin Milk body wash and face scrub years ago from DT and am still using it. The wash is a delicious vanilla scent. The only other place I’ve seen it is at Gelsons, an upscale grocery store in LA, for $8 a bottle.

by Anonymousreply 154March 12, 2018 4:10 AM

So if you see, say, a bar of Pears or Zest soap at DT, is it identical to the one you’d buy atbthe grocery or drug store? I find that hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 155March 12, 2018 4:15 AM

Pound cake queen, why don’t you buy a case of 12 and freeze some? Then you’ll never be out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156March 12, 2018 4:22 AM

Wow, they must be popular, as they're on back order now! Perhaps The Poundcake Queen has inadvertently caused a run on them!

by Anonymousreply 157March 12, 2018 4:33 AM

Someone posted a “get it or forget it” video about Dollar Tree pound cakes. I’m not going to ruin the surprise, so you have to watch if you want to know the verdict.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158March 12, 2018 4:45 AM

Oh great... get it and take it to a friend's dinner party with a container of Cool Whip!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159March 12, 2018 4:50 AM

Despite her cute children, I'm not sold. It doesn't look as dense as poundcake is supposed to be. I'll stick with Sara Lee or Entenmann's! These cannot be made with all butter for $1.

by Anonymousreply 160March 12, 2018 4:53 AM

Them’s fightin’ word to the pound cake queen, R160. She can be vicious, the worst DL has ever known. Get out now with your dignity, and your weave, intact.

by Anonymousreply 161March 12, 2018 5:07 AM

LMFAO at R125! Right on, Sister-Sicko-Friend!

by Anonymousreply 162March 12, 2018 5:15 AM

Sorry Poundcake Queen. (Please leave my hair alone)

by Anonymousreply 163March 12, 2018 5:34 AM

OP things Jordache is spelled Geor-Dash

by Anonymousreply 164March 12, 2018 5:54 AM

The one by my home is unusually clean, well stocked and friendly. Often has fascinating food items, which I suspect "fell off the truck". Example: very large (13.4 oz) pink himalayan salt grinder, cans of coconut milk, 1 oz bottles of vanilla extract, morello cherries. Sometimes they have 1/2 lb butter, and I stock my freezer.

I also buy cleaning supplies, greeting cards, and real peppermint hard candies. I am a fan.

by Anonymousreply 165March 12, 2018 5:54 AM

R64 thinks "thinks" is spelled "things."

by Anonymousreply 166March 12, 2018 5:56 AM

Epic fail, R166.

by Anonymousreply 167March 12, 2018 6:11 AM

Cheap nuts, especially if you're OK with cashew pieces instead of whole nuts.

by Anonymousreply 168March 12, 2018 11:42 AM

School supplies.

by Anonymousreply 169March 12, 2018 12:21 PM

It's a shit store.

by Anonymousreply 170March 12, 2018 12:45 PM

Do they have Evening in Paris?

by Anonymousreply 171March 12, 2018 1:01 PM

^^*No but they’ve got Lunchtime In Camden.

by Anonymousreply 172March 12, 2018 1:05 PM

I went in there recently, grabbed a can of crab bisque, some baguettes (3 to a bag) and a small box of frozen clam strips and had a LOVELY lunch for 3 bucks. Oh, and I love getting Fabuloso for a dollar. I doubt you'd find a hispanic household in NY without Fabuloso somewhere in it. Cleans like magic.

by Anonymousreply 173March 12, 2018 1:36 PM

Oh, I love Fabuloso.

Laundry smells divine.

by Anonymousreply 174March 12, 2018 1:42 PM

Is Fabuloso the stuff that you can smell on someone of Hispanic descent from 12 feet away?

I've always wondered what detergent that is as I've never come across any other that is that strong and lasts that long.

by Anonymousreply 175March 12, 2018 1:45 PM

I had NO idea I would ever win such an esteemed title as Pound Cake Queen! My humblest thanks to one and all. To be perfectly honest, I thought Miss Lake Dardanelle had it in the bag. The minute I get my schedule, I'll let you know when I'll be making an appearance at the Dollar Tree nearest you. C'mon over and say "Hey"!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176March 12, 2018 1:57 PM

There isn’t nice greeting cards and wrapping paper in there. I never go to Dollar Tree because I’m not tacky and I know how to get nice things at very low prices. Why would I go buy a bag of junk? That store is for basic gays, garbage gays, blacks and trash

by Anonymousreply 177March 12, 2018 1:58 PM

[quote] I’m not tacky and I know how to get nice things at very low prices.

Do you know how to use proper grammar?

by Anonymousreply 178March 12, 2018 2:01 PM

When I read "Poundcake Queen", I think of Lil Poundcake, which is appropriate when discussing Dollar Tree realness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179March 12, 2018 3:08 PM

In most cases yes R155. Dollar Tree gets most of their products from by buying up stock from businesses that are going out of sale, overstock that isn't selling as well as a company wants so they sell it off to places like Dollar Tree. But name brand merchandise is the same at DT as it is at any other store. That's why you have to go regularly, to catch the good deals before they're all gone.

by Anonymousreply 180March 12, 2018 3:10 PM

Be that as it may r179, I'm adapting a menthol-cool Dina Merrill elegance in an attempt to change the Dollar Tree customer stereotype. I feel like I'm going to be the face of Dollar Tree, not just their pound cakes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181March 12, 2018 3:39 PM

They sell pillowcases and mattress protectors there as well.

by Anonymousreply 182March 12, 2018 4:03 PM

There I draw the line, r182. Not one miniscule speck of poly in MY linens.......

by Anonymousreply 183March 12, 2018 4:09 PM

R174 R175, Fabuloso is a household cleaner. If it's Mexican laundry you smell, it's probably Suavitel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184March 12, 2018 4:55 PM

I've been buying a generic form of Zyrtec there to combat all the pollen here. I don't think it's as potent as name brand, but I'm saving $7 a box on it.

by Anonymousreply 185March 12, 2018 5:07 PM

Both Dollar Tree and the 99 Cents Only store have a mix of closeouts and overstocks meant for other retailers AND things that are manufactured for them (same goes for Big Lots.) You can almost always tell by the manufacturer/distributor info on the label.

And sometimes you'll get stuff manufactured for foreign markets. Like US-brand name soap that's manufactured and/or labeled for Brazil or Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 186March 12, 2018 5:18 PM

I wish the Dollar stores here had fresh produce. Ours has a "closeout" section that translates to: It's expired, bet we are trying to save margin by not writing it off.

by Anonymousreply 187March 12, 2018 5:21 PM

R183,

They feel like silk on your skin!

by Anonymousreply 188March 12, 2018 5:33 PM

R185 how many come in a box?

by Anonymousreply 189March 12, 2018 5:35 PM

Big Lots used to be so cheap 20 years ago. I used to get all kinds of gardening stuff there when I was a kid. I hadn't been there for ten years or so; I went in one a few years ago to get some terracotta pots and see what else they had and now they're priced like anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 190March 12, 2018 5:35 PM

R189 - 14. $2 a month is a good deal.

by Anonymousreply 191March 12, 2018 5:36 PM

All roads lead to Railroad Salvage......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192March 12, 2018 5:41 PM

R191 then you're better off getting the Kirkland brand. 365 pills for $13.99. Save yourself $10.

by Anonymousreply 193March 12, 2018 5:41 PM

FYI, all of the greeting cards at Trader Joe's are a dollar! I must have fifty of them. I buy several, along with a book of stamps, to give to my grandma because she doesn't always remember to buy cards and stamps when she's at the store, that way she always has birthday cards ( and get well and sympathy cards, too).

by Anonymousreply 194March 12, 2018 5:44 PM

You're wasting your money, R194.... 2 for $1 at the Dollar Tree!

by Anonymousreply 195March 12, 2018 5:45 PM

That's nice R194 - I've always thought that was a wonderful gift for an older person who didn't get out much. Combine it with a day planner listing family members birthdays and anniversaries.

R193 - if we had a Costco here, I'd be all over it, but alas...

by Anonymousreply 196March 12, 2018 5:47 PM

But the TJs cards are much nicer, R195.

by Anonymousreply 197March 12, 2018 5:47 PM

R196 you don't have to have a Costco. You can order it online. Shipping is free and I don't think you even have to be a member.

But where are you located that there isn't a Costco?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198March 12, 2018 5:50 PM

I'm just guessing here, r198, but maybe Darfur?

by Anonymousreply 199March 12, 2018 6:00 PM

Things I've purchased from the Dollar Tree frozen section in my neighborhood: Brown eggs, eight per carton. Good quality. The shells don't pulverize when you crack them open and the embryos are smaller than those in grocery stores. Frozen chicken thighs, Two per pack. Packs are labeled as 14 oz, but their usually more like 20 oz. I use them to make broth. Five oz packs of meaty bacon imported from Poland. Jennie O turkey bacon.

The 99 cent store in my area tends to have more brand name items and one of a kind finds. I've gotten Wheat Chex (normally $4+ a box!), Cheez Its, Casbah couscous in different varieties, Van Camp or Chicken of the Sea chopped clams, Balance bars (2 for .99), V-8 juice (.69), Italian Volcano organic lime juice ($5/bottle online), Greenist hazelnut spreads ($4/ jar online).

I live in N. California so the produce is decent, some good, some that has to be used quickly. Two red, two yellow, and two orange bell peppers, large bag of broccoli crowns are $1.99 each both fresh and in great shape. Green beans when in season are available, but have to be used quickly. Onions, potatoes and Roma tomatoes deal (6 or 8 per pack) Snow peas, cauliflower and brussel sprouts are also good.

by Anonymousreply 200March 12, 2018 6:02 PM

R189, 2 per pack.

by Anonymousreply 201March 12, 2018 6:07 PM

I meant frozen/refrigerated section at R200. No frozen eggs.

One thing I've noticed over the last 10 years or so that I've been shopping at these stores is that regular supermarkets have brought down the prices of some items to be competitive with discount stores. Things like mac and cheese, canned goods of all kinds, hand soaps, etc. used be substantially cheaper at these stores, but other retailers have closed the gap somewhat.

by Anonymousreply 202March 12, 2018 6:08 PM

You buy fertilized eggs, r200?

by Anonymousreply 203March 12, 2018 6:18 PM

The white thing near the yolk of the egg isn't called an embryo? Regular supermarket eggs have them and over the years I've noticed they've gotten larger.

by Anonymousreply 204March 12, 2018 6:25 PM

No, r204, it's not. It is called the "egg white" or albumin.

by Anonymousreply 205March 12, 2018 6:28 PM

I like there makeup assortment of hardware.

Cheap but good.

by Anonymousreply 206March 12, 2018 6:51 PM

Pleasure Mix or Ultra-Lubed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207March 12, 2018 7:26 PM

The thing inside the egg attached to the yolk is call the "chalazae". It's the tissue that suspends the yolk inside the egg.

by Anonymousreply 208March 12, 2018 7:32 PM

Thanks, R208. I could swear that they have gotten larger and more difficult to detach and remove across the years.

by Anonymousreply 209March 12, 2018 7:57 PM

I buy their scented candles that are in little mason type jars. Once I'm gone with the candles I clean them out, sterilize them in the dishwasher, and turn them into spice jars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210March 12, 2018 9:02 PM

"done" not "gone"

by Anonymousreply 211March 12, 2018 9:02 PM

I think sometimes these stores are ripping off poor people by packaging small amounts to still make profits on a buck when larger amounts are cheaper but not a buck, elsewhere. On the other hand, I find good crap in these stores that are appropriately priced at a buck, like party shit, gift wrap, cards, decor etc. In short they are a mixed bag. But sad feeling.

by Anonymousreply 212March 13, 2018 12:47 AM

You know I have heard the story of the resurrection, but until now I never really believed it, but this thread has had the unheard of double resurrection.

Started in 2011 and received 24 posts

1st resurrection in 2014 received 17 posts

2nd resurrection in 2018 now 172 posts

There is live after death, Praise the Lord.

by Anonymousreply 213March 13, 2018 1:11 AM

[quote] you don't have to have a Costco. You can order it online. Shipping is free and I don't think you even have to be a member.

You don't have to be a member to shop Costco online, but they charge you a surcharge for not being a member.

From their website.

[quote] Non-members may be assessed an additional surcharge for purchases (does not apply to prescription items).

by Anonymousreply 214March 13, 2018 1:27 AM

R214 "may" they do that on some items like electronics. Not on all items.

by Anonymousreply 215March 13, 2018 1:28 AM

Did you read the reviews on this from their site? Some people are having reactions to the dyes they put in the pills. Itching after they've stopped taking them. Sounds like something that has iodine in it - like from a contrast scan. Odd.

by Anonymousreply 216March 13, 2018 2:51 AM

To: DL Pound Cake Queen 2018

Your Majesty:

In which part of the U. S. of A. do you live, please?

I'm in suburban Chicago, and came up empty-handed after visiting two (2) Dollar Trees tonight.

And when I mentioned pound cake to the stores' employees, they all looked at me as if I were quite daft.

Your kind assistance, I pray? Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 217March 13, 2018 3:00 AM

Is pound cake a regional term?

by Anonymousreply 218March 13, 2018 3:17 AM

I buy cakes by the pound

and serve justice by the pounding

by Anonymousreply 219March 13, 2018 3:40 AM

I see all the locals openly stealing baskets full of things at my Dollar Tree in Harlem, the cashier line is always so long the put upon employees don’t even notice or care. Madness!

by Anonymousreply 220March 13, 2018 3:50 AM

Some days you can pick up Blu Ray movies when they are in stock.

I got Fargo the other day.

by Anonymousreply 221March 13, 2018 4:01 AM

Bump!

by Anonymousreply 222March 13, 2018 5:44 AM

r221 yes, dollar stores actually have some good films for sale on Blu-ray. I've found some gems and out-of-print titles like My Bloody Valentine, The Long Good Friday, and Mona Lisa.

by Anonymousreply 223March 13, 2018 5:51 AM

It is also worth noting that some of those multi-film sets (12 Horror Films, 20 Westerns sort of thing) you find at places like Dollar Tree, Dollar General etc contain films that have never had any other video release. I've found a few really rare films that way.

[quote]I think sometimes these stores are ripping off poor people by packaging small amounts to still make profits on a buck when larger amounts are cheaper but not a buck, elsewhere.

This is true with some products. However, when your budget is REALLY tight, it can be hard to save money by buying in larger quantities, because even a few bucks makes a difference. The dollar-priced items are achievable.

by Anonymousreply 224March 13, 2018 7:30 AM

r170, don't make me sic The Pound Cake Queen on you.

She will leave you wigless and shaking.

by Anonymousreply 225March 13, 2018 7:36 AM

[quote] Is pound cake a regional term?

Are you from the USA? Pound cake may have started out in the south, but it became a well known confection all over the country long ago. The original pound cake was very simple. 1 pound of flour, 1 pound of butter, 1 pound of sugar, 1 pound of eggs, and some flavorings, all beaten together until smooth and baked. The problem was (and I've tested the original recipe myself) the resulting cake was so big and so dense it was hard to eat. So over the years the original recipe has been altered to the point that there are umteen versions that are lighter in texture and not so huge, although modern pound cakes are still known as more dense than other cakes. I have at least 5 pound cakes in my repertoire.

But I have had pound cakes baked by people all over the country in my time.

by Anonymousreply 226March 13, 2018 10:42 AM

why do you shop there? are you poor?

by Anonymousreply 227March 13, 2018 1:35 PM

Hun let me tell you one thing. I've seen more people I know for a fact are swimming in money shopping at Dollar Tree and other discount stores than I can shake a stick at. People who were raised in affluence more often than not know the value of every penny they spend. The little snot nosed brats who are pulling in 50 grand think they're rich and the thought of shopping in a discount store is beneath them. These are the people who will die penniless one day.

by Anonymousreply 228March 13, 2018 2:36 PM

R226 pound cake started in Northern Europe. It is centuries old.

by Anonymousreply 229March 13, 2018 2:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230March 13, 2018 3:59 PM

What is a dollar tree?

by Anonymousreply 231March 13, 2018 4:32 PM

Also known as gâteau quatre-quarts (four quarters), owing to the equal parts of the four ingredients.

by Anonymousreply 232March 13, 2018 5:19 PM

R229, in the USA it started in the south, as most good dishes did. I couldn't care less about it before it came to our shores.

by Anonymousreply 233March 13, 2018 5:27 PM

Why pay more for popsicles and junk like that?

by Anonymousreply 234March 13, 2018 5:52 PM

I always thought pound cake in the US was a New England thing.

by Anonymousreply 235March 13, 2018 5:55 PM

[quote][R229], in the USA it started in the south, as most good dishes did. I couldn't care less about it before it came to our shores.

This is the type of mentality of folks who think that tacos were invented by Glen Bell in Southern California and are gobsmacked when they hear about their Mexican origins and CANNOT and WILL NOT believe the inferiors came up with something so delicious. Hence the mental machinations to cocoon their sense of superiority (they could not care less what happens away from our shores; they think they did it better than predecessors). MURICA FIRST!

by Anonymousreply 236March 13, 2018 6:21 PM

R233 I couldn’t give a fuck what you care about or not, you made a statement that was untrue and I corrected it. You’ll get over it. Or not. I don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 237March 13, 2018 6:36 PM

I never once saw a rodent in one of these stores which is a good sign.

by Anonymousreply 238March 13, 2018 6:41 PM

Just be careful out there. Never know who'll you'll run into at the Dollar Tree.

by Anonymousreply 239March 13, 2018 7:06 PM

They used to sell LEDdesk lamps with the batteries included.

Of course I stocked up.

by Anonymousreply 240March 13, 2018 7:51 PM

R238 what was it buying? Was it secret Santa shopping for The Christmas Mouse?

by Anonymousreply 241March 13, 2018 8:21 PM

R237 needs to go to Dollar Tree and check if they sell Midol. Those menstrual cramps must be hell!

by Anonymousreply 242March 13, 2018 8:24 PM

What would Goop buy at a dollar store?

by Anonymousreply 243March 13, 2018 8:26 PM

Douches. Lots and lots of douches.

by Anonymousreply 244March 13, 2018 8:40 PM

R243 - Goop might actually like some of the spring-themed ceramic ware, towels, cloth napkins, and glassware. Seriously. The designs and colors were quite nice and I could see them used for garden party. You could get place a place setting (dinner and dessert plate, glass, napkin and ring) for $5 I got a couple of oven mitts from the "collection."

by Anonymousreply 245March 13, 2018 8:57 PM

You have to be careful with some of their "kitchenware". Much of it is so cheaply made it'll fall apart in no time. And their oven mitts and pot holders are very substandard. You'll still burn the hell out of yourself using those things.

by Anonymousreply 246March 13, 2018 10:35 PM

The only service ware one should have from China would be 18th Century or older.

by Anonymousreply 247March 13, 2018 10:37 PM

The oven mitts were nice and thick and I've been using them for a month no problems. Heavy roasting pans and all.

by Anonymousreply 248March 13, 2018 10:38 PM

I purchased an oven mitt / pot holder combo from DT before and they were thick. I didn't have any issues with them.

by Anonymousreply 249March 13, 2018 10:44 PM

do they have any organic vegan cruelty-free fair-trade snacks?

by Anonymousreply 250March 13, 2018 10:45 PM

The have quarts of almond milk at DT. I've never bought it, though.

by Anonymousreply 251March 13, 2018 10:46 PM

I would be afraid to buy anything food related there and that includes plastic containers. Actually I'd be afraid to buy OTC medication and cleaning products there too. I would buy wrapping paper and pads and pens and things like that. Maybe batteries if they were really cheap, if they sell them.

by Anonymousreply 252March 13, 2018 10:56 PM

I've never purchased batteries from the DT but I've heard a lot of people complain that the batteries basically die very fast and you're better off paying full price for those elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 253March 13, 2018 11:02 PM

The good thing about buying certain things for a buck is that you don't care if they get stained, broken, stolen, or damaged.

by Anonymousreply 254March 14, 2018 12:05 AM

It would be sad, R254, if the buck was hard to come by.

by Anonymousreply 255March 14, 2018 12:09 AM

Do not, I repeat DO NOT buy batteries from Dollar Tree. Their batters are already 80% dead when you buy them.

by Anonymousreply 256March 14, 2018 12:34 AM

I got an Eneloop battery charger at Costco complete with rechargeable batteries of all sizes for $20.

I would think someone so conscientious about food quality and plastic leaching into her food wouldn't be so quick to buy non-rechargeable batteries, R252.

by Anonymousreply 257March 14, 2018 1:19 AM

Was there earlier today. They did not have pound cake.

Didn't know that about the batteries - will remember for next time.

by Anonymousreply 258March 14, 2018 3:06 AM

I asked DL Pound Cake Queen - and quite politely - where he / she lives, but got no reply. Cannot find DT pound cake in suburban Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 259March 14, 2018 3:23 AM

I love DT and have posted above about it, but whatever you do, DO NOT get Sunbeam light bulbs! They burn out in an instant and when you go to screw them out of the socket, the neck breaks leaving you with a bulb in hand and screw in top stuck in the socket.

by Anonymousreply 260March 14, 2018 4:22 AM

Here's how you can easily remove a light bulb that is broken off at the screw cap. Make sure there is no power going to the light. Grab a small raw potato, cut a bit off it, and jam the cut side down into the exposed metal screw end of the bulb and unscrew it with the potato.

by Anonymousreply 261March 14, 2018 11:13 AM

I'm scared I'll get raped in one of those kind of stores. I'll stick to Costco.

by Anonymousreply 262March 14, 2018 12:41 PM

No one's going to rape you Violet!

by Anonymousreply 263March 14, 2018 1:06 PM

You can certainly find a lot of great buys at DT and store like that, but many of the products at these stores is merchandise rejected by a factory QC department, but not deemed so bad it should be scrapped. They sell this junk to the deep discount stores. More often than not you'll find that type of stock on the electronics aisle. You simply have to be smart about what you buy there. The way I look at it with DT merchandise is, the more moving parts it has the more likely it will be junk, and I don't waste my dollar. But even then that's not always true. Some things you just have to take a chance on and buy one as a test.

Oh and for God's sake, don't buy any of their "stemware" in the drinking glass section. If you take a close look at a lot of their wine glasses (especially the ones with colored glass) you'll see that the glass on most of their pieces is so thin it will break if you even look at it.

by Anonymousreply 264March 14, 2018 1:37 PM

[quote] No one's going to rape you Violet!

What a terrible thing to say!

by Anonymousreply 265March 14, 2018 1:39 PM

The only ridiculously abhorrent item I've acquired at DT is aluminum foil. Avoid it. My partner & I joked that it was basically aluminum wrapping paper. Tear city. Very relieved to finally work our way through it. Even disagree with earlier poster or two regarding the batteries - they're fine (and are usually found on an endcap). I visit about once every 3 months. Can't wait to look for pound cake next time.

by Anonymousreply 266March 14, 2018 2:49 PM

[quote] Their batters are already 80% dead when you buy them.

Cake, waffle, pancake, or boy?

by Anonymousreply 267March 14, 2018 3:27 PM

Before Christmas I got some nice baskets to make up gifts. Once filled with tissue paper and wrapped in cellophane with a nice ribbon they looked quite expensive.

by Anonymousreply 268March 14, 2018 3:59 PM

So sorry, r259, I'm here. I'm in L.A. and was just at the DT yesterday. They did have the pound cakes. They used to also have them at the 99 Cent Stores and also at some of the non-chain "Dollar and Up" stores. There's quite a bit of crossover in the merchandise at those venues here. For the past couple of years, the DT is the only place I can find the pound cakes though.

by Anonymousreply 269March 14, 2018 4:04 PM

[quote]The only ridiculously abhorrent item I've acquired at DT is aluminum foil. Avoid it

The no-name or house foil is terrible, but they do carry Reynolds rolls and pop-up squares (these have more sq. footage). Actually, the no-name pop-up squares are just as good as Reynolds and you get more.

by Anonymousreply 270March 14, 2018 4:04 PM

[quote]You can certainly find a lot of great buys at DT and store like that, but many of the products at these stores is merchandise rejected by a factory QC department, but not deemed so bad it should be scrapped.

I've found that some of their boxed food items are incredibly difficult to open like the glue gun at the factory went into overdrive. Got some Chup-a-Chups at Halloween time and they were almost impossible to unwrap.

by Anonymousreply 271March 14, 2018 4:14 PM

[quote]I'm scared I'll get raped in one of those kind of stores. I'll stick to Costco.

I think you'd be more likely to get raped at Costco. Or even gang-banged. (They do everything in a big way there.)

by Anonymousreply 272March 14, 2018 4:27 PM

DT is the only place I can find lightbulbs for my home's 1920s light fixtures. They last a long time, and I've stocked up for years.

I was at mine yesterday, and they had several variety of pound cake. I thought of you, Pound Cake Queen. I bought bags of frozen strawberries and mangos for smoothies. I inspected the fruit, and it's just fine; tastes delicious.

by Anonymousreply 273March 14, 2018 5:02 PM

My local DT was advertising they have Rachael Ray dinnerware available. It's brightly colored stoneware dishes, bowls, cups. It looks like it weighs a ton, probably why no one wanted it and it got sold off. I hate that heavy stuff - mine always ends up with chips from it hitting the sink or other cookware.

by Anonymousreply 274March 14, 2018 5:12 PM

I LOVE those Reynolds Wrap pop up squares. I buy 5 boxes at a time. The foil is not the heavy duty foil, but those square are great for wrapping sandwiches, etc.

by Anonymousreply 275March 14, 2018 5:25 PM

I buy there generic version of Dulcolax and it works fine and saves money

by Anonymousreply 276March 14, 2018 5:26 PM

R270 Just finished up a roll yesterday - horrible quality. Reyonds Wrap from now on.

by Anonymousreply 277March 14, 2018 5:44 PM

One thing I can't recommend from DT is the canned pie filling they sell. I picked up some on a whim - I wanted to try making a pie crust and didn't feel like buying the overpriced fruit in my local supermarket. I got a can each of peach and apple filling. The peach had approx. 5 pieces of fruit - the rest of the can was a gluey goo of cornstarch-thickened filler. I The pie itself was pretty tasty though.

The apple had strangely white slices of fruit, that were very firm. I tasted the stuff - it was barely sweet. I could not see this stuff making a tasty pie. I wondered if I was supposed to doctor it up with some sugar/cinnamon - the can was no help; no instructions other than dump in a pie shell. OK, I thought, the apples will soften during baking. Nope - they stayed this hard, raw potato texture and no rich sweetness. So, my review is... stay away from Musselman's pie fillings.

by Anonymousreply 278March 14, 2018 5:44 PM

I've never had any problems with their Sunbeam brand alkaline batteries. If there's any performance deficit compared to the big brands, it's slight. They also sell Sunbeam Super Heavy Duty batteries, which don't last as long.

And that American Classic brand pound cake doesn't contain a lick of butter.

by Anonymousreply 279March 14, 2018 5:58 PM

[quote]Oh, and I love getting Fabuloso for a dollar. I doubt you'd find a hispanic household in NY without Fabuloso somewhere in it. Cleans like magic.

Smells like basura.

[quote] Oh, I love Fabuloso. Laundry smells like mierda.

Fixed

[quote] Is Fabuloso the stuff that you can smell on someone of Hispanic descent from 12 feet away? I've always wondered what detergent that is as I've never come across any other that is that strong and lasts that long.

It’s actually for cleaning floors.

by Anonymousreply 280March 14, 2018 6:06 PM

I prefer Mistolin to Fabuloso.

by Anonymousreply 281March 14, 2018 6:21 PM

R278 I can recommend the cherry. Some friends had a "Remake a childhood classic dessert" party, and I wanted to make faux Hostess fruit pies and bought 2 cans. They were delicious!

by Anonymousreply 282March 14, 2018 6:25 PM

I confused Fabuloso with Mistolin and put in my laundry and honestly didn't see any difference. Clothes came out very clean and fresh.

by Anonymousreply 283March 14, 2018 6:54 PM

[quote]I think you'd be more likely to get raped at Costco. Or even gang-banged. (They do everything in a big way there.)

Indeed, Stephen Hawking was frequently seen rolling down the aisles searching for that elusive big bang!

by Anonymousreply 284March 14, 2018 7:03 PM

It does if you lavishly spread some on top like I do, r279.

by Anonymousreply 285March 14, 2018 7:40 PM

Cut a slice of their pound cake, spead some butter on top and toast it in the oven. Pure heaven.

by Anonymousreply 286March 14, 2018 7:47 PM

There is no law that says pound cakes have to be made with butter. Most commercially made pound cakes will use crisco (or butter flavored crisco). Some even use pure lard. I will only make a pound cake using butter (and sometimes sour cream). But the ones made without butter taste just as good.

by Anonymousreply 287March 14, 2018 7:49 PM

[quote]Cut a slice of their pound cake, spead some butter on top and toast it in the oven. Pure heaven.

Pure bullshit. Spread that, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 288March 14, 2018 7:51 PM

Well, smell r288!

by Anonymousreply 289March 14, 2018 8:10 PM

R288 is clearly having a heavy flow day. Let's not engage.

by Anonymousreply 290March 14, 2018 8:14 PM

I do occasionally get $1 cologne at the dollar stores. Too strong to wear but I like having a bottle around to spray on a wet laundry item before putting in the dryer.

by Anonymousreply 291March 14, 2018 8:16 PM

I don't know what you're getting there r291, but here the eau de cologne is 95% EAU and 5% de cologne.

by Anonymousreply 292March 14, 2018 8:20 PM

It's suitable only for Cheryl

by Anonymousreply 293March 14, 2018 8:35 PM

Can I have fun if I visit Dollar Tree?

by Anonymousreply 294March 14, 2018 8:59 PM

If you're a cheap trashy whore, sure!

by Anonymousreply 295March 14, 2018 9:04 PM

i'm not cheap, trashy or a whore. Can I still have fun there?

by Anonymousreply 296March 14, 2018 9:17 PM

"The thing inside the egg attached to the yolk is call the 'chalazae'. It's the tissue that suspends the yolk inside the egg."

All this time I thought that thing was rooster jizz.

by Anonymousreply 297March 14, 2018 9:24 PM

Would you enjoy watching the people of Walmart in their natural shopping habitat? This could be considered Walmart-adjacent.

by Anonymousreply 298March 14, 2018 9:24 PM

no, r298. That would not be fun for me. I like decent people.

by Anonymousreply 299March 14, 2018 9:27 PM

I visited a Dollar Tree in some third-world Southern state (Alabama? Mississippi?) and found they were still selling mercury-filled glass rectal thermometers, so I bought all 13 of them that they had in stock. Apparently, they've been taken completely off the US market for safety reasons. I plan on keeping a couple in case I run into someone who wants to play doctor, and I'm giving the rest to select friends who I think may enjoy them.

by Anonymousreply 300March 14, 2018 9:29 PM

R300's reply is either the funniest or the saddest one I've seen here in eons. Can't decide which.

by Anonymousreply 301March 14, 2018 9:34 PM

…or the hottest.

Heh.

by Anonymousreply 302March 14, 2018 10:06 PM

"Take my temperature, Daddy."

by Anonymousreply 303March 14, 2018 10:07 PM

They weren't "rectal thermometers". They were just common mercury based thermometers. They were used orally, anally, in the armpit, in the crook of the elbow or knee. You can buy those same sorts of units in any pharmacy anywhere to this day. There's nothing unusual about their existence.

by Anonymousreply 304March 14, 2018 10:07 PM

I make Martha Stewart's cream cheese pound cake. Delish!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305March 14, 2018 10:13 PM

No, R304, those old mercury thermometers are NOT the same. The rectal ones (labeled "rectal") have a thicker bulb end than the oral ones (labeled "oral.") You absolutely cannot buy the old glass ones today, as they've been taken off the market for safety reasons. The only thermometers you can buy now are the all-purpose plastic digital ones, which aren't nearly as much fun.

by Anonymousreply 306March 14, 2018 10:16 PM

I'd like to just throw in a little perspective here. Back in my drinking days I'd be standing in line at the 99 Cent Store with my 750ml bottle (or two) of wine. The person in front of me would invariably ask if it was any good. My response would be a look...a long pause...and "It's 99 Cents." I would leave it at that. It's a pound cake...and it's one dollar.

by Anonymousreply 307March 14, 2018 10:32 PM

I like there plastic storage bags for clothes and junk.

by Anonymousreply 308March 14, 2018 10:37 PM

I can't ever get the digital thermometers to work. My "temperature" is always 95 or 96.

by Anonymousreply 309March 14, 2018 11:35 PM

I love there pudding snack packs.

by Anonymousreply 310March 14, 2018 11:44 PM

The cheap foil is great for lining a sheet pan when your reheating food in the oven.

by Anonymousreply 311March 14, 2018 11:54 PM

Good selection of coloring books and junk.

by Anonymousreply 312March 15, 2018 12:02 AM

I couldn't find any ingredient resembling a known cooking fat on the American Classic pound cake label shown in the video review posted above. Whatever is moistening the cake must be found in that polysyllabic stew of ingredients at the bottom of the long list.

But yeah, it's a buck. If you don't care about the ingredients ... enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 313March 15, 2018 12:22 AM

[quote]I couldn't find any ingredient resembling a known cooking fat on the American Classic pound cake label shown in the video review posted above. Whatever is moistening the cake must be found in that polysyllabic stew of ingredients at the bottom of the long list.

We use human fat sucked out of liposuction patients.

by Anonymousreply 314March 15, 2018 1:36 AM

That's grotty R314, & I don't find it funny either. More tasteless than the poundcake in question!

by Anonymousreply 315March 15, 2018 5:22 AM

R307 - that reminds me of the time that I asked the clerk to whether they sold underwear? He replied that they did not, and if they did he would never buy it.

I'm a fan of their nasal spray, which was unavailable for a while, but has returned in regular strength only, no green-label extra strength.

by Anonymousreply 316March 15, 2018 5:28 AM

For some reason the Deals in my neighborhood became a Dollar Tree, since everything is now 99¢ they seem to be selling a lot of crap. Basic items such as beer pint size glasses are the same quality, they are sturdy and the ones I bought were by Libby, a known glassware company.

Deals had a pretty decent selection of frozen food, I usually shop at Costco for most of my food, but I noticed Deals was selling a 10 burrito size bag of El Monterey burritos for $3.50, which I had been paying $6.99 for at my local supermarket! Costco doesn't sell these burritos just the fresh ones which are delicious. Costco does carry the El Monterey brand, but not frozen burritos.

Basically, you have to be able to differentiate between popular food brands and garbage, I do notice the Dollar Tree started selling the El Monterey burritos again, now they are sold individually, for 99¢ each! Not a bargain. That's another thing, some deals are not all that great.

by Anonymousreply 317March 15, 2018 6:36 AM

Just used a Hospitality brand graham cracker crust from DT for a key lime pie. It actually tastes like graham crackers. No complaints.

by Anonymousreply 318March 15, 2018 7:37 AM

According to r295, it looks like I'll be having fun! I can't wait to go there!

by Anonymousreply 319March 15, 2018 8:25 AM

Dollar Tree is great. I was looking for the irish coffee mugs that the Dollar Tree near my house use to sell and could not find them. I started looking online and found out Dollar Tree has a web site that you can purchase online and have it shipped free to your dollar store and pick it up there . Or you can have it shipped to you but you have to pay the shipping.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320March 15, 2018 12:02 PM

Dollar Tree website?! lmao!!!!

by Anonymousreply 321March 15, 2018 12:42 PM

Here are the candle holders I bought to use as juice glasses (they'd also make great highball glasses).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322March 15, 2018 2:45 PM

Those definitely don't look like leaded glass.

by Anonymousreply 323March 15, 2018 4:33 PM

My 99 Cent Store has coconut water with aloe 2 for 99 cents right now. They also have fresh young coconuts. Peppermint mocha k-cups from Gevalia 6 for 99 cents. Popcorn, organic chips and other snacks. Bought a cute little bathmat for $1.99 too.

by Anonymousreply 324March 15, 2018 4:37 PM

Was there earlier looking for a Sr Patrick's Day card, but none to be had.

Cleared my cache and lost this thread. DL's search bites - Google found it right off.

by Anonymousreply 325March 16, 2018 3:05 AM

[quote]They also have fresh young coconuts.

I wouldn't say no to a fresh young coconut.

by Anonymousreply 326March 16, 2018 3:08 AM

I like the 99cent store better than Dollar Tree. The produce is acceptable & they have cough syrup without acetaminophen in it.

by Anonymousreply 327March 16, 2018 3:11 AM

Because of this thread, I went to Dollar Tree for the first time today. I liked it! The store was very clean, and the merchandise was neat and organized. I bought office supplies, hand sanitizer, toothpicks, dusting cloths, D batteries, and several greeting cards. I also found some large print crossword puzzles for my grandmother.

My only complaint: there was no pound cake.

by Anonymousreply 328March 16, 2018 7:50 AM

Dollar tree sucks compared to the $.99 only store. $.99 only has bigger stores with better merchandise and they seem to be following in the footsteps of target when target elevated itself Into becoming a fun bright shopping experience. The biggest thing the $.99 only stores have done in the past few years is break away from .99 pricing. They now have items that go as high as 499 and around the holidays they had toys that one as high as 999. Here’s why this is awesome.

In order to sell goods at .99, they have to cost less to make a profit. But if you can sell items for $1.99 or $2.99 it really allows them to provide much much higher quality Goods and an a wider variety of goods. With cheap stuff, a few extra pennies nickels or dimes can be the difference between a complete piece of shit and a usable item.

In any case, it kills me that I don’t have the money right now to buy stock in that company because it is wildly undervalued. People on Wall Street only know how to look at things like quarterly profits or how many new stores have opened. But they don’t shop there and they don’t see just how quickly they are expanding the range of goods that is above $.99. These places were already turning a nice profit before but their earning capabilities Are becoming much higher due to all the new goods. Anyway there’s your stock tip for the week. If you don’t believe me go check it out for yourself

by Anonymousreply 329March 16, 2018 8:58 AM

In some sort of dollar store, for a few bucks, not a buck, I bought 100% cotton sweatshirts in neon pink and yellow which were hits as gifts.

by Anonymousreply 330March 16, 2018 9:06 AM

I got several copies of Sachi Parker's tome there.

by Anonymousreply 331March 16, 2018 5:03 PM

Dollar Tree/stores like them have me watching my budget. Yes, everything may be .99 or $1 but I sometimes find myself buying way too much BECAUSE the prices are so cheap. I still balance my checkbook each month and don't charge anything under $10.

I have a Dollar General near me that I love! I buy my garbage bags from there and they are Hefty brand. I'm not spending $15 for 10 bags DESIGNED to be thrown out! I've not had any problems with the bags tearing or anything like that.

by Anonymousreply 332March 16, 2018 5:17 PM

And how much are your garbage bags, R332? What's the count?

by Anonymousreply 333March 16, 2018 5:29 PM

They have tape at the checkout you can measure things with.

by Anonymousreply 334March 16, 2018 5:36 PM

r329 I agree with you about the popularity of the 99 Cents Only chain. Nearly every time I've gone (to several different locations) they're quite crowded. (Coincidentally, I just shopped there this morning.)

But I also read recently that it was one of the retailers that was on a list of "most likely to go under" or something like that for 2018.

by Anonymousreply 335March 16, 2018 10:03 PM

The only thing I don't like about the 99 Cent Store are the long checkout lines. I left without buying a couple times when the lines were crazy long. I'm cheap and poor enough to shop there regularly, but time is still money.

by Anonymousreply 336March 16, 2018 10:07 PM

Another thing I forgot to mention is the 10 pound bags of Johnny Cat.for .99 cents. Crazy. One time they a had tons of the Celestial teas! I bought a bunch and a new mug...to cradle with both hands, while watching Hallmark channel & petting the cat. Oh yes.

by Anonymousreply 337March 17, 2018 5:00 AM

Is that a Dollar Tree ADVERTISEMENT at the top of the DL page?!

Look for the chick with the red hair and the binoculars!

by Anonymousreply 338March 17, 2018 5:11 AM

i purchased a loaf of bread from here, "gourmet bread". one dollar, absolutely vile stuff!

by Anonymousreply 339March 17, 2018 5:19 AM

Am loving it R338 - so much better than previous ads !!

by Anonymousreply 340March 17, 2018 5:41 AM

I saw the Dollar Tree ad just a few minutes ago. I was so excited!

by Anonymousreply 341March 17, 2018 7:39 AM

I can recommend the shelf stable cartons of milk sold at DT. I like to keep some on hand as a last resort sub for fresh milk, for coffee or cereal or cooking. Saves me from having to go to the corner store when I have my bowl of cereal poured out and find that my quart of milk is spoiled. I don't like the taste of canned evaporated milk and the DT stuff taste pretty close to fresh. I've only tried the whole milk - can't vouch for the skim stuff.

by Anonymousreply 342March 17, 2018 12:28 PM

Speaking of milk, why is it so hard to find milk sold in quarts anymore? Everyone has half gallons and gallons, and sometimes pints, but it's hard to find quarts. (And don't say buy the pints; at the store where I was shopping yesterday, two pints cost more than a half gallon.) I don't drink milk; I only use it in cooking. So it's hard to use up a half gallon before it goes bad.

To tie this in with this thread: they DO sell quarts at the 99 Cents Only store. And in several varieties (2%, whole, skim, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 343March 17, 2018 3:38 PM

Where do you live and what stores do you shop at R343? I have no problem finding quart sized milk options at my grocery stores.

by Anonymousreply 344March 17, 2018 6:44 PM

Those stores are too fucking expensive!

I have my staff make everything by hand - much cheaper

by Anonymousreply 345March 17, 2018 7:18 PM

They feature all my incredible books at great prices

Just keep the blacks and the brown people away from my work

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346March 17, 2018 7:21 PM

r328, my Dollar Tree doesn't have pound cake, either. I think the Pound Cake Queen is just a big ol' cock-tease.

by Anonymousreply 347March 18, 2018 7:18 AM

OK, I"m going to stop by my local DT on my morning walk tomorrow (only a mile away) to check out the pound cake situation. I've never thought of buying it at any type of store or making one, but now I MUST know! Thank you, DL.

by Anonymousreply 348March 18, 2018 8:03 AM

I want Pound Cake! I love Andie McDowell's recipe for it. I used to make it all of the time.

by Anonymousreply 349March 18, 2018 11:59 AM

the pound cake tastes like chemicals! no good!

by Anonymousreply 350March 19, 2018 2:12 AM

Don't sit under the dollar tree, with anyone else but me

by Anonymousreply 351March 19, 2018 2:18 AM

Seriously, r350, what did you expect?

by Anonymousreply 352March 19, 2018 2:19 AM

r350 You've had worse things in your mouth.

by Anonymousreply 353March 19, 2018 3:30 AM

I snagged Casey Ho's fitness book and a 16 dollar coloring book there tonight.

Plus 2 boxes of Mrs. Freshley's to fatten up my underweight mother at her nursing home.

Also some Stacker's dental pics.

by Anonymousreply 354March 19, 2018 4:04 AM

I've been told the dollar store pregnancy testes actually work. But cologne? That's just sad.

by Anonymousreply 355March 19, 2018 4:11 AM

Inspired by this thread, I went to Dollar Tree yesterday - hadn't been in a while. I got one of those Amope electronic nailcare system thingies for my mom (basically a battery-operated nail file/buffer) - those are being sold for $25 as I type in stores like Wal-Mart and Target. A full-page plastic magnifier sheet for reading for my dad, some fat little notepads for list-making (made in the USA, for those claiming everything there is made in China), some cork coasters, and some 3M padded envelopes. Spent $7 and some change.

While there, I also saw they had a bunch of Rachael Ray dishes - bowls, cups, plates in various colors. But sadly, no pound cake.

by Anonymousreply 356March 19, 2018 5:41 AM

I buy kitchen utensils at DT. Extra spatulas, ladles, an egg slicer and that sort of thing. Most of the kitchen tools are made in China for Greenbriar, which seems to be the Dollar Tree house brand. I have worried about the materials they use, as in 'hey what kind of metal is that?) but even classier stores like Bed Bath and Beyond mostly get these sort of housewares from China. I'm not sure there is any difference in quality.

I do buy the pound cake. My dog has to get liquid medication orally and I use a syringe to hide the stuff in a cube of pound cake. Works great!

by Anonymousreply 357March 19, 2018 6:05 AM

I might've been jealous in 1983 when Dollar Tree was the Dime Store.

by Anonymousreply 358March 19, 2018 6:21 AM

I went to the 99 Cent Store in Plano for the first time specifically because of this thread. I'd never been to one before because I don't have one in my neighborhood. I go to the local DT once a month or so. Never had DT poundcake-- I don't like to have things like that in the house. Anyway, I can vouch that 99 Cent Store is quite nice for a dollar store. I did get a Belgian chocolate bar and it was really good chocolate for a dollar, standard Belgian chocolate.

The kicker was that when I walked into the 99 Cent Store for the first time, the very first thing I saw was a six or seven foot display of poundcake. Maybe the 99 Cent Store manager is a DLer.

by Anonymousreply 359March 19, 2018 6:31 AM

I got some Amope clear nail polish yesterday, I will have to try and see if they still have those buffers left.

by Anonymousreply 360March 19, 2018 1:18 PM

my friend told me about Dollar Tree. She said they have "nice things". I laughed inside.

by Anonymousreply 361March 19, 2018 1:38 PM

R360, they may not be in the cosmetics/toiletries aisle where you'd expect, so be sure to check around the store or ask. When I bought the one for my mom, the display was at the back of the store on an aisle endcap, near the automotive/tool stuff, of all things.

by Anonymousreply 362March 19, 2018 1:44 PM

That would have been Woolworths, r358. Items were made in Japan.

by Anonymousreply 363March 19, 2018 4:23 PM

R362, thanks for the heads up.

I will give it a looksee today.

by Anonymousreply 364March 19, 2018 4:45 PM

I'm pretty loyal to the 99 Cents Only chain, but today I went into DT for the first time in many months. No pound cake, so I ended up buying a pound cake MIX from DL's other favorite store, Aldi.

by Anonymousreply 365March 19, 2018 8:07 PM

Found this recently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366March 19, 2018 8:37 PM

What to buy at a Dollar Tree:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367March 19, 2018 10:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368March 19, 2018 10:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369March 19, 2018 10:39 PM

I went to a DT today and some Queen was screaming at the cashier because they didn't have the cakes he was looking for.

I'm completely serious. They didn't specify if it was pound cake they were looking for but come on... which one of you bitches was it?

by Anonymousreply 370March 19, 2018 10:57 PM

I didn't see any pound cakes, but there were plenty of cheap-ass cookies.

by Anonymousreply 371March 19, 2018 11:03 PM

I would NEVER besmirch my treasured title r370, so do NOT cast your accusing gaze in my direction......if you were.

by Anonymousreply 372March 19, 2018 11:05 PM

Oh I like the fudge striped cookies, r371. Sometimes they also have the caramel version.

by Anonymousreply 373March 19, 2018 11:07 PM

Mrs. Freshley is just as good as that fancy schmancy Little Debbie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374March 19, 2018 11:16 PM

Shut your mouth, r374!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375March 19, 2018 11:40 PM

LOL.

by Anonymousreply 376March 19, 2018 11:47 PM

Hey, I actually worked with the original 'Little Debbie'! She was quite short, but very smart, and yes, she had dimples for days!

by Anonymousreply 377March 20, 2018 12:10 AM

Mrs Freshleys cootch stinks to high heaven.

by Anonymousreply 378March 20, 2018 12:44 AM

Is Cheryl's last name Freshley?

by Anonymousreply 379March 20, 2018 12:48 AM

Can I buy a life there?

by Anonymousreply 380March 20, 2018 3:26 PM

Honey, you can't even buy a vowel there.

by Anonymousreply 381March 20, 2018 3:47 PM

You can buy vowels AND consonants in the crossword puzzle book section. Large print too.

by Anonymousreply 382March 20, 2018 4:11 PM

Sometimes r380.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383March 20, 2018 4:11 PM

R333, the last time I bought trash bags they were the usual count sold in food stores - 10, 13 or 15. I believe they are 33 gallon bags as well. I paid less than the $12 or $14 dollars I would normally pay at Shop Rite. I was just there but I don't have the receipt. I'm also Cosmo's Mom from the cat thread. That receipt is now a cat toy.

I like the heavy duty bags for donating clothes and things. I just put out 3 bags of sheets and clothes for United War Council Veterans.

by Anonymousreply 384March 20, 2018 4:23 PM

You pay $12-$14 for a pack of 15 Trash Bags at your normal store? That's definitely not right.

by Anonymousreply 385March 20, 2018 4:30 PM

Don't whine about the ingredients in the DT pound cake. Of course they probably use the cheapest ingredients they can find. And guess what, those cheap ingredients are no more harmful to you than the normal ingredients in a pound cake which is made from loads of fatty butter, processed sugar, and white flour. Nothing is in it that's going make you sick. And unless you have no self control whatsoever you're not going to sit down and eat a whole cake at one sitting. A slice (or 2) a day isn't going to kill you.

by Anonymousreply 386March 20, 2018 6:29 PM

[quote] A slice (or 2) a day isn't going to kill you.

And even if it does -- what a way to go!

by Anonymousreply 387March 20, 2018 9:25 PM

Just got back from errands. Stopped at DT and got toothpaste, a liter of Mountain Dew, and......a pound cake. They only have five left now......

by Anonymousreply 388March 20, 2018 9:38 PM

OMG, R383, that is fucking CLASSIC! I would love to own one of those Aaron Hernandez cereal boxes just to keep on casual display in the kitchen to shock people.

by Anonymousreply 389March 20, 2018 9:49 PM

SCORE! I think.

Hey, DL Pound Cake Queen 2018?

It's the guy from suburban Chicago again, and I THINK I've finally found a local Dollar Tree that sells the elusive pound cake.

Is the brand name "American Classic?" Comes in a yellow cardboard box? Weighs 10 ounces? Baked by something called Fernandos Bakery, Linden, N.J.?

If affirmative, then the Dollar Tree skeptics are correct. Not an ounce of butter, although the ingredients DO include enriched wheat flour, niacin, sugar, soybeans, whole eggs and vanilla, along with the usual two or three hundred preservatives.

Just now scarfed down a slice. So if this is the stuff, it gets a B+ / A- from me. Probably even better with fresh fruit or ice cream.

All for a measly buck!

I bow low to you, DLPCQ2018!

by Anonymousreply 390March 21, 2018 2:11 AM

I like pound cake with jam, or cream cheese and jam. Or butter.

by Anonymousreply 391March 21, 2018 2:31 AM

Might as well bump -

BUMP!

Go ahead and bump.

by Anonymousreply 392March 21, 2018 4:43 AM

Pound cake can also be nice if soaked in rum and served with a shitload of whipped cream. Yum!

by Anonymousreply 393March 21, 2018 4:48 AM

Fuq yes R393! Any bloody booze will do nicely really... Amaretto, Frangelico, Chambord... I live for booze soaked cakes...Just had an idea: Limoncello over plain/vanilla poundcake w/a bit of zest & vanilla ice cream!

by Anonymousreply 394March 21, 2018 8:40 AM

[quote]Here are the candle holders I bought to use as juice glasses (they'd also make great highball glasses).

That idea makes me nervous. Since it was originally designed for candles, is the glass safe for beverages?

by Anonymousreply 395March 21, 2018 10:52 AM

[quote]Don't whine about the ingredients in the DT pound cake. Of course they probably use the cheapest ingredients they can find. And guess what, those cheap ingredients are no more harmful to you than the normal ingredients in a pound cake which is made from loads of fatty butter, processed sugar, and white flour...

Let me guess, you think fat-free items are healthy?

Sorry, sweetheart, but full-fat is the way to go to get the most health benefits from dairy products. How do you think manufacturers replicate the deliciousness of fat in non-fat foods? By substituting in tons of sugar and other crap! Just look at the ingredient list on 14% sour cream vs 7% (or lower), for proof.

by Anonymousreply 396March 21, 2018 10:57 AM

R396, NO ONE who eats pound cake is worried about health benefits from dairy. Good God man!

by Anonymousreply 397March 21, 2018 1:38 PM

I like their ankle socks. 3 pairs in a pack.

What a deal!

by Anonymousreply 398March 21, 2018 1:49 PM

I'm watching the Great British Baking Show right now. r393, just so you know. If I'm getting their terminology correct, you are adding tipple and making it boozy.

by Anonymousreply 399March 21, 2018 3:16 PM

Spot on R399! Tipples is also a brand name for a brandy based cream liqueur made with Channel Islands' Guernsey cream. You can pour a tipple, have a tipple, take a tipple, or tipple as a verb. Tipple time is also heard in some places.

by Anonymousreply 400March 21, 2018 3:31 PM

Thank you, r400!

by Anonymousreply 401March 21, 2018 3:35 PM

Love there potato rolls.

by Anonymousreply 402March 21, 2018 8:54 PM

Yes I soak my dollar store poundcake in Don Papa rum and smother it in Gruyere double creme and wild Black Forest berries.

by Anonymousreply 403March 21, 2018 8:58 PM

you bitches are making me want to go on a DT pound cake hunt.

by Anonymousreply 404March 21, 2018 9:38 PM

Got to the Dollar Tree day before yesterday, finally. The pound cake section was well-stocked. I got one. I'm going to wait until I finish my Girl Scout cookies, though. There's no rush as its suggested expiration date is 5/29/19.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405March 21, 2018 9:38 PM

^5/29/18! Gad, a 2019 expiration date would make them good for bomb shelters andJim Bakker's food bucket!

by Anonymousreply 406March 21, 2018 9:41 PM

The poundcake at my dollar tree is in the cookie/candy aisle, not the aisle with the canned and frozen food.

by Anonymousreply 407March 21, 2018 9:48 PM

I was just there today and made a note ^ I actually asked where it was. Did not buy any, though.

by Anonymousreply 408March 21, 2018 9:50 PM

Well why the hell not, R408?

What, you think you're too good for Dollar Tree poundcake?

I think not!

by Anonymousreply 409March 21, 2018 10:20 PM

Is it that good?

by Anonymousreply 410March 21, 2018 10:21 PM

It's a dollar, r410.

by Anonymousreply 411March 21, 2018 10:26 PM

Perhaps I ought to explore the local Dollar Trees and 99 Cents Stores.

by Anonymousreply 412March 21, 2018 10:49 PM

How is the cruising? Rough trade or just other eldergays?

by Anonymousreply 413March 21, 2018 10:58 PM

Has anyone ever gotten pounded at the Dollar Tree?

by Anonymousreply 414March 21, 2018 11:05 PM

Money does not grow on trees, young man!

by Anonymousreply 415March 21, 2018 11:05 PM

OK, I decided to go buy one. They had the regular pound cake and a lemon pound cake. I decided to go with the original. While it wasn't awful, it wasn't good either. It did have a quite moist top crust, but the cake was quite dry and had absolutely no pound cake taste whatsoever. I did notice a slight chemical taste in my mouth after I ate a piece. But then if I want pound cake I'll go to the kitchen, pull out all the ingredients needed and bake a real one. One that would make your head snap back it's so good. If I didn't know how to cook or bake I would probably buy these cakes and not think much about it. But I can say the only way it could be even remotely considered edible would be to zhuzh it up with some alcohol and maybe a fresh fruit compote and some whipped cream. Something to mask the bland taste of the cake. I may get a lemon version one day soon and report back on that. I don't expect anything much better. Oh, and what did I do with the rest of the cake after I ate one slice? I put it in the floor file under the kitchen sink.

by Anonymousreply 416March 22, 2018 12:29 AM

Thank you, r416. Now if you would kindly name a superior brand of pound cake that also sells for.....ONE DOLLAR....it would be most helpful.

by Anonymousreply 417March 22, 2018 12:38 AM

Go to a church or school bake sale and buy a SLICE. Try to get it for 1 buck.

by Anonymousreply 418March 22, 2018 12:41 AM

[quote] Now if you would kindly name a superior brand of pound cake that also sells for.....ONE DOLLAR....it would be most helpful.

Ain't no sich thang!

by Anonymousreply 419March 22, 2018 12:52 AM

My point.....exactly, r419.

by Anonymousreply 420March 22, 2018 12:54 AM

[quote]The pound cake section was well-stocked. I got one. I'm going to wait until I finish my Girl Scout cookies, though. I got one. I'm going to wait until I finish my Girl Scout cookies, though. There's no rush as its suggested expiration date is 5/29/19.

Dear Gawd, I wish my coochie had that kind of shelf life...

by Anonymousreply 421March 22, 2018 5:08 AM

Pound cake doesn't have a 'brand.' It's something you make at home.

by Anonymousreply 422March 22, 2018 7:14 AM

Has anyone ever walked into a Dollar Store and noticed they all seem to have the same odor that's like a combination of plastic and cheap air freshener?

by Anonymousreply 423March 22, 2018 7:21 AM

I do hope these cakes are properly wrapped tightly; this store smell R423 mentions may actually be absorbed by the cakes, and be the chemical undernote or undertaste people have commented on here earlier.

by Anonymousreply 424March 22, 2018 7:24 AM

[quote]I do hope these cakes are properly wrapped tightly; this store smell [R423] mentions may actually be absorbed by the cakes, and be the chemical undernote or undertaste people have commented on here earlier.

I don't buy anything dairy at my local supermarket chain. It's next to the air "freshener" aisle.

by Anonymousreply 425March 22, 2018 7:26 AM

Smart cookie R425. We need those spoilers from upthread who detected the chemical flavours to think carefully if the cake tastes like the store smells. In all seriousness, think it is more than likely. I hope they're still popping on over to this thread.

by Anonymousreply 426March 22, 2018 7:31 AM

You people type poor.

by Anonymousreply 427March 22, 2018 7:31 AM

You bitches are in luck! You can buy the Pound Cake on Dollar Tree's website. Minimum purchase is 1 case (12 pound cakes) for $12.

And if there's a Dollar Tree near you, they offer FREE In-Store Pickup!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428March 22, 2018 8:37 AM

Don't waste your time, r413. Just a bunch of hangry queens lusting after pound cake.

by Anonymousreply 429March 22, 2018 8:40 AM

My dollar tree has the lemon pound cake, frozen strawberries, and fake spray whip cream. 3 dollar strawberry shortcake!

by Anonymousreply 430March 22, 2018 9:19 AM

And MY DollarTree has a plastic vagina (made it China) next to the pound cakes

I just pop this fresh plastic miracle vagina in over the old smelly one

Et voila...no more stank pussy odor

by Anonymousreply 431March 22, 2018 9:57 AM

"Has anyone ever walked into a Dollar Store and noticed they all seem to have the same odor that's like a combination of plastic and cheap air freshener?"

I think it smells more like Section 8 and tears.

by Anonymousreply 432March 22, 2018 4:21 PM

[quote]I do hope these cakes are properly wrapped tightly; this store smell [R423] mentions may actually be absorbed by the cakes, and be the chemical undernote or undertaste people have commented on here earlier.

Are you sure it's not the cake that's CAUSING the odors in the store?

by Anonymousreply 433March 22, 2018 4:33 PM

The one by me smells like weed

by Anonymousreply 434March 22, 2018 4:34 PM

[quote]I think it smells more like Section 8 and tears.

We'll be kind and won't ask how you're familiar with that smell.

by Anonymousreply 435March 22, 2018 4:36 PM

When I walk my dogs passed the Section 8 housing, it always smells like weed.

by Anonymousreply 436March 22, 2018 4:45 PM

Bet anyone there can spell "past" better than you, R436.

by Anonymousreply 437March 22, 2018 4:47 PM

Fuck off R437

by Anonymousreply 438March 22, 2018 4:48 PM

WTF is this sudden need for pound cake. You can go into any supermarket or bakery and get a pound cake if that's the cake you really want. For me pound cake just doesn't really do it unless it's made really well, like with butter and no chemicals.

by Anonymousreply 439March 22, 2018 5:32 PM

r439 You mean chemicals like baking powder and baking soda, R439?

by Anonymousreply 440March 22, 2018 5:34 PM

Dear disingenuous dumbass @ r440: Please go to 0:31.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441March 22, 2018 5:38 PM

I like there Frutessa jelly.

by Anonymousreply 442March 22, 2018 11:07 PM

I get my Texas Toast at the Dollar Tree.

by Anonymousreply 443March 23, 2018 1:34 AM

I just bought some cotton candy in a foil pack at Dollar General. I felt like total trash while buying it but it was yummy.

by Anonymousreply 444March 23, 2018 2:17 AM

[quote]WTF is this sudden need for pound cake. You can go into any supermarket or bakery and get a pound cake if that's the cake you really want.

It's not about the pound cake itself. Obviously people know they can buy it at a regular grocery store/bakery or make it themselves. It's about getting it for a dollar, and actually finding it in the first place, since it can be elusive at Dollar Tree. If you don't get it, you don't get it. Don't worry about it

by Anonymousreply 445March 23, 2018 5:12 AM

I swear there was a woman DLer in the DT today looking for the poundcake. She was looking in the "Cookies" aisle though, and our DT keeps it in the "Food" aisle.

by Anonymousreply 446March 23, 2018 5:26 AM

12 pound cakes in a case, r428? The Pound Cake Queen must be in seventh heaven!

by Anonymousreply 447March 23, 2018 7:59 AM

I bought 4 cases to use a layer of pound cake as a mattress topper.

by Anonymousreply 448March 23, 2018 2:23 PM

I am going to start calling Dollar Tree “The DT “ from now on. As in, ‘I got to get over to the DT for some of that Pound Cake!’

by Anonymousreply 449March 23, 2018 2:34 PM

I feel like I have changed so many lives after bumping up this old thread.

We have all grown as people.

You're welcome!

by Anonymousreply 450March 23, 2018 2:40 PM

Good gravy Marie, r447! There is absolutely no way I would put such temptation in front of me. Plus the fact that I must weigh-in once a week as part of my official duties. Remember girls, if you don't watch your figure no one else will!

Thank you, r445. I couldn't have said it any better.

by Anonymousreply 451March 23, 2018 2:48 PM

You have NO idea how many DTs I've gone through, r449! My stars.......

r450 - Dear Mrs. Freshley, thank you. I really do owe my title to you.

by Anonymousreply 452March 23, 2018 2:52 PM

Remember back in the olden days of Datalounge there would be occasional meet-ups in NYC or Boston (maybe Philly, too) for drinkie-poos? Can you imagine a DL meet-up at the DT?

by Anonymousreply 453March 23, 2018 4:17 PM

cakie-poos, r453

by Anonymousreply 454March 23, 2018 4:19 PM

[quote]Can you imagine a DL meet-up at the DT?

No, but I could imagine one at Aldi.

by Anonymousreply 455March 23, 2018 4:26 PM

[quote]and our DT keeps it in the "Food" aisle.

Wouldn't that be considered false advertising?

by Anonymousreply 456March 23, 2018 4:26 PM

Not as long as it's in quotes, r456.

by Anonymousreply 457March 23, 2018 4:30 PM

I am headed to my DT, or $Tree today. What treasures will I report this evening, DL?

I will not be purchasing any cake, as I am making banana bread after I shop.

by Anonymousreply 458March 23, 2018 4:36 PM

But, but, but, R458, you can just buy the pound cake, throw it in the blender with a couple bananas and an egg, rebake and VOILA! you've got instant banana bread for A DOLLAR.

Serve with a hefty tumbler of rum and no one will know the difference!

by Anonymousreply 459March 23, 2018 6:16 PM

And you can shop for all of your tablescaping supplies while you're there!

by Anonymousreply 460March 23, 2018 6:18 PM

Pound cake Queen 2018 Forever!

I am going to get some today in your honor.

by Anonymousreply 461March 23, 2018 6:46 PM

My most recent DT conquest: a 10 oz. bottle of Dermasil original dry skin treatment. Same product on eBay? $7.99. The 10 oz. tube is $5.62 to $6.99 on Amazon.

Score!

If you want to order, there are links to the DT website when I searched.

by Anonymousreply 462March 23, 2018 9:31 PM

Also, I noticed at my local 99 cent store that they sell classic looking souffle dishes (the white ceramic type with vertical ridges) in round and oval for $1.99. I turned them over to see the brand, and was surprised to see it stamped "CorningWare!"

by Anonymousreply 463March 23, 2018 9:44 PM

Excellent, r463! I got this Hall Orange Poppy one at the swap meet for $2.00.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464March 23, 2018 9:50 PM

[quote] I turned them over to see the brand, and was surprised to see it stamped "CorningWare!"

Are you sure it wasn't "KorningWear?"

by Anonymousreply 465March 23, 2018 10:10 PM

KöniginWare

by Anonymousreply 466March 23, 2018 10:26 PM

I poured half of a trial size bottle of lemon vodka a slice of my DTPC yesterday. It kind of tasted like Lysol which brought back bad childhood memories.

by Anonymousreply 467March 23, 2018 11:07 PM

That's one of the saddest things I've ever read, r467. (I don't believe in ESTs, FWIW.)

by Anonymousreply 468March 23, 2018 11:12 PM

Its quite grim.

by Anonymousreply 469March 23, 2018 11:12 PM

do they have seeds now?

by Anonymousreply 470March 23, 2018 11:18 PM

R470, yes, they have seeds. I got some Alyssum yesterday for the bees.

by Anonymousreply 471March 23, 2018 11:23 PM

99 cent store has some decent hand gardening tools.

by Anonymousreply 472March 23, 2018 11:30 PM

Aldi has 3 packs of red, orange, and yellow bell peppers for $1.69 this week.

by Anonymousreply 473March 23, 2018 11:32 PM

I like buying vegetables in no-packs, i.e., one at a time. That's why I don't go to Aldi. Trader Joe's changed. Not Aldi.

by Anonymousreply 474March 23, 2018 11:39 PM

[quote]Aldi has 3 packs of red, orange, and yellow bell peppers for $1.69 this week.

I could make stuffed peppers. I'll google that thread.

by Anonymousreply 475March 23, 2018 11:40 PM

They LOVE their gay customers !!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476March 23, 2018 11:53 PM

Someone should host a Data Lounge potluck and all the appetizers, main courses , desserts , beverages, tableware, glassware , serveware and cookware all must come from Dollar Tree. Additionally , beauty products can be purchased and demonstrated after dinner in a simple casual setting.

Later we clean up using the various unknown and made in China cleaning products despite the potential for toxicity and genetic damage .

by Anonymousreply 477March 24, 2018 12:03 AM

And then do a complete internal clean-out of all that crap with one of their Freet's Enemas or package of Ex-Rax.

by Anonymousreply 478March 24, 2018 12:18 AM

Oh and don't forget the pregnancy and at home drug tests !!! We would want to throw those in !!!

by Anonymousreply 479March 24, 2018 12:24 AM

Does anyone remember the annual "99 Cents Only Store - The Musical" that some group used to put on every year (in L.A.)? All of the costumes, sets, props, etc. had to come from the 99 Cents Only store.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480March 24, 2018 12:31 AM

It would be cool to see how creative one could get just using dollar store food

by Anonymousreply 481March 24, 2018 12:37 AM

[quote]Someone should host a Data Lounge potluck and all the appetizers, main courses , desserts , beverages, tableware, glassware , serveware and cookware all must come from Dollar Tree.

I call dibs on the Dump Cake!

(See R478 for additional advice on the topic)

by Anonymousreply 482March 24, 2018 1:12 AM

Actually that sound like a fun idea, minus the laxative and enema of course

by Anonymousreply 483March 24, 2018 1:24 AM

There's a guy on Youtube who does reviews of DT food - mostly the stuff that comes out of the refrigerator/freezer. Check him out before you buy the infamous DT ribeye steak or frozen hamburger on a bun. I don't recall if he got around to the pound cake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484March 24, 2018 1:44 AM

I bought 6 packs of these 1/4" thick felt covered pads the other day. Each pack comes with one pad that is 4"x6" and assorted size rounds, and strips. Peel and stick, perfect for putting on the bottom of things to keep objects from scratching your nice wood tables.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485March 24, 2018 2:05 AM

r485 'Fess up -- you have them on your knees, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 486March 24, 2018 2:12 AM

If only! My days of going down on my knees are long in the past.

by Anonymousreply 487March 24, 2018 2:15 AM

[quote]cakie-poos, [R453]

I think poundie-poos has a nice ring to it.

by Anonymousreply 488March 24, 2018 6:06 AM

Lily Tomlin used to have this bit, where the punchline was, "You make love like a Pop Tart."

I'm totally stealing that. From now on, my go-to insult is going to be:

"You make love like a Dollar Tree pound cake."

by Anonymousreply 489March 24, 2018 6:38 AM

r453, I can imagine a bunch of queens fighting over the last Pound Cake. It would be a hair-pulling free-for-all in the Pound Cake aisle!

by Anonymousreply 490March 24, 2018 8:04 AM

R459 In a weird way, I want to try that just to see how bad it would be.

by Anonymousreply 491March 24, 2018 2:16 PM

No #CAK HERE... :(

by Anonymousreply 492March 24, 2018 2:23 PM

If you have a Swiffer mop, I don't recommend the Scrub Buddies wet mop cloths they sell at DT. They seem to be made of the same thing fabric used to make dryer sheets. When attached to the mop head, they are so thin that they barely touch the floor and forget about picking any dirt - even putting 2 cloths on doesn't help. The dry mop cloths are pretty good - they're thicker and have a "fluffy" nap that holds the dirt.

Planning a trip for tomorrow - have a list all ready: rubber gloves, dish soap, alum. foil, sponges, tealight candles, paper plates, garbage bags, coffee filters, hair conditioner, packing tape and light bulbs. I'll be looking for pound cake.

After watching the video at R484 , I'm also gonna look for spring rolls, riblets, breakfast sausage and those samosas.

by Anonymousreply 493March 24, 2018 6:37 PM

I bought 3 boxes of Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies at DT today.

by Anonymousreply 494March 24, 2018 10:11 PM

Who made the sacred Sunday pilgrimage to the church of DT ?

Then did he raise on high the Holy Pound Cake of Dollar Tree, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies, in thy mercy." And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lambs and toads and tree-sloths and fruit-bats and orangutans and breakfast cereals ...

by Anonymousreply 495March 25, 2018 10:52 PM

I went last night.

The manager said they were always out of the pound cakes but he would set aside for me the next time they come in.

This could be the start of something big!

by Anonymousreply 496March 25, 2018 10:58 PM

Pro tip: Buy three pound cakes, smash into lamb cake form, leave under pressure until Good Friday. A smear of icing, a sprinkle of coconut, two raisin eyes and you're good to go!

by Anonymousreply 497March 26, 2018 12:11 AM

Well I don't have a DT near me but you've all made me dying for pound cake. I know I'm going to end up buying one the next time I see it. I'm thinking toasting a piece and having it with butter and jam. Or heating it up and having a slice with vanilla ice cream and macerated strawberries and whipped cream.

My extra poundage will be on your heads! LOL!!

by Anonymousreply 498March 26, 2018 1:14 AM

The expiration dates on those cakes last a long, long time.

by Anonymousreply 499March 26, 2018 1:24 AM

r497 I am SO stealing that!

by Anonymousreply 500March 26, 2018 1:56 AM

r498, you can buy the Pound Cake on Dollar Tree's website. They come 12 to a case. Link is at r428. You can eat one and freeze the rest!

by Anonymousreply 501March 26, 2018 7:01 AM

r496: was the manager hot? hung? cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 502March 26, 2018 7:03 AM

Do yourself a big favor and DO NOT order a case of those pound cakes. If you have any sort of appreciation for decent food just wait until you can find one, and only one, in a store somewhere. Trust me, it will probably be the last time you buy one.

by Anonymousreply 503March 26, 2018 11:56 AM

Shit Tree

by Anonymousreply 504March 26, 2018 12:15 PM

R502,

I didn't look inside his pants but he was a good looking Black man who looked like he wanted to satisfy my needs in any way he could!

by Anonymousreply 505March 26, 2018 12:26 PM

Yesterday's 99 cent store finds. Stoned Wheat Thins and Carr's table water crackers in roasted garlic and herb.

by Anonymousreply 506March 26, 2018 4:19 PM

Maybe I’ll hit up both DT & 99cent today and document my trip for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 507March 27, 2018 2:24 PM

I always wanted to go in, but I am afraid of being assaulted by a poor person. I understand they can tell you aren't one of them and will attack you for your money.

by Anonymousreply 508March 27, 2018 2:34 PM

Stock price 3-27-18 9am

Dollar Tree 94.34↓

Dollar General 92.57↓

Five Below 71.57↓

by Anonymousreply 509March 27, 2018 2:39 PM

It’s going to be an adventure! I’ll wear some torn jeans r508, that will throw them off! My dollar tree is next to a ‘Hustler Hollywood’ store and across the street from a strip club and only a block from the 99cent store.

by Anonymousreply 510March 27, 2018 2:39 PM

r509 What the hell is Five Below?

by Anonymousreply 511March 27, 2018 4:57 PM

Five Below is where starving bit-part tv actors shop.

by Anonymousreply 512March 27, 2018 8:47 PM

[quote]Five Below is where starving bit-part tv actors shop.

I thought they shopped at Out of the Closet.

by Anonymousreply 513March 27, 2018 9:09 PM

Five Below is a $5 store. You can buy phone chargers and cables for your guest rooms there.

by Anonymousreply 514March 27, 2018 9:22 PM

The pound cake taste like a Twinkie with out filling only the flavor is milder and it's not as spongy. It was a touch dry but perfectly fine Better with a scoop of ice cream

by Anonymousreply 515March 27, 2018 11:12 PM

Some of you should try the sales at good shops and even luxury ones. Ok 99 for some shitty chinese gift wrapping ribbon. But i always find French, Austrian and Portuguese quality fabric ribbons, in so many varieties. on sale from 12 bucks a roll to 50 cents, in the last days of the sales. usually in some cardboard box in the corner of the last dregs sale corner. Italian holiday cakes - good for a few months, 75% off the day after the holidays. This sort of thing.

The video of the Dollar Tree food reviews was instructive. So many items were truly disgusting - horrible tasting and made of bad ingredients. Then at the end, a few that were rated delicious and normal ingredients.

So you should watch what you buy and don't settle for crap - because a normal quality product in a normal store isn't always unaffordable.

by Anonymousreply 516March 27, 2018 11:45 PM

[quote]. But i always find French, Austrian and Portuguese quality fabric ribbons, in so many varieties. on sale from 12 bucks a roll to 50 cents

This is the gayest thing I've ever read on DL. It tops doll collectors' comments.

by Anonymousreply 517March 28, 2018 12:58 AM

you're welcome, and it came out naturally

by Anonymousreply 518March 28, 2018 1:15 AM

Don't get R516's crinolines in an uproar. She'll twirl and put your eye out.

by Anonymousreply 519March 28, 2018 2:34 AM

[quote]Some of you should try the sales at good shops and even luxury ones.

How do you know that we don't? Has anyone said anything here implying that they are exclusively dollar store shoppers? DL is not a site full of poor people.

I get that there are people here who don't like these kinds of stores, but I don't get the need to 'correct' those of us who enjoy them.

by Anonymousreply 520March 28, 2018 5:35 AM

You have misconstrued. I go to dollar stores, too. My point was, its a bit sad if one's income is low, because dollar stores can be kind of a rip off, when yeah, you're getting something, but its crap.

by Anonymousreply 521March 28, 2018 9:05 AM

Does anyone here go to thrift shops and if so can good deals still be found?

by Anonymousreply 522March 28, 2018 10:48 AM

Yes and yes, r522. How else do you think I manage to look like Iris Apfel on a budget?

by Anonymousreply 523March 28, 2018 1:44 PM

They used to have Muzak.

by Anonymousreply 524March 28, 2018 1:52 PM

R523 Rock on PCQ 2018!

by Anonymousreply 525March 28, 2018 2:09 PM

My 99 Cents Store now has caftans for $1.99. I can already hear the stampede of DLers' hooves as they rush to snap them up. Just in time for summer, gurls!

by Anonymousreply 526March 28, 2018 3:12 PM

OMG R526 - you must get one and share its loveliness with all of us! (preferably while eating some pound cake)

by Anonymousreply 527March 28, 2018 3:15 PM

I aced the Evening Gown competition in one, r526!

by Anonymousreply 528March 28, 2018 3:21 PM

There are 2 types of well to do people. The ones who have money but don't have sense to know how to keep it, and the ones who have it and do. I'm not stupid enough to pay more for something, even cheap things, than I have to. I'm not going to buy 1 pack of cheap plastic leftover containers from Target for $3.00 when I can get 3 packs of the very same containers @ Dollar Tree for the same money. The money involved in that one purchase is obviously negligible, but over a lifetime it mounts up considerably. Plus, I don't like being ripped off even for something worth pocket change. And I just enjoy finding good deals whenever and wherever. I also know that no matter how much money I have I am not too good to shop at Dollar Tree. But I laugh at those who think they are.

by Anonymousreply 529March 28, 2018 4:00 PM

[quote]Don't get [R516]'s crinolines in an uproar.

Do they sell crinolines at Dollar Tree? How about petti-pants?

by Anonymousreply 530March 28, 2018 5:11 PM

DL's OTHER favorite store (Aldi) will have German pound cake on sale for $1.99 next week. Comes in three flavors: lemon, marble, and marzipan.

by Anonymousreply 531March 28, 2018 5:14 PM

R531 You are correct and they're awfully good! There's a rum soaked version too!

by Anonymousreply 532March 28, 2018 5:19 PM

Stand firm, Poundcake Queen. Don’t like ‘em get you down with all that “the crumb is a bit drier than I’d like” blabber. You know what’s good, and what’s good is pound cake for a dollar!

by Anonymousreply 533March 28, 2018 5:38 PM

My Aldi ad shows no poundcake.

by Anonymousreply 534March 28, 2018 6:58 PM

Thank you, r533. My nearly lifelong participation in the pageant world has left me tougher than DT jerky. I.m able to let the criticisms slide right off me like fried cheese on a DT non-stick coated fry pan. Nothing, I repeat NOTHING, they can say will effect my poise one scintilla. It's ALL about the poise.

by Anonymousreply 535March 28, 2018 7:22 PM

r534 NEXT week, not this week. It's part of German Week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536March 28, 2018 7:35 PM

I have now achieved and sampled the mystic DT poundcake. It certainly bears little resemblance to a homemade or quality commercial poundcake, but for a buck it ain't bad. I'd throw some berries and some whipped cream on it in a pinch.

by Anonymousreply 537March 29, 2018 12:53 AM

DT pound cake made my pussy not stink!!

by Anonymousreply 538March 29, 2018 4:26 AM

Thanks for the heads up, R536! The Deutsche Kuche brand products are usually quite good.

by Anonymousreply 539March 29, 2018 5:05 AM

Nobody likes a show-off, r528.

by Anonymousreply 540March 29, 2018 7:22 AM

Because of this thread, Dollar Tree has become the official store of Datalounge!

by Anonymousreply 541March 29, 2018 7:26 AM

I hope we get another DT thread when this one fills up soon, or even one that covers all discount stores (Dollar Tree, .99 Only, Big Lots, etc). We need to further discuss our hauls, and pound cake.

by Anonymousreply 542March 29, 2018 7:54 AM

The pound cake could be a way we could all tell we read DL. It is like a secret greeting.

by Anonymousreply 543March 29, 2018 11:59 AM

[quote] DT pound cake made my pussy not stink!!

All the chemicals in the pastry surely killed all the bacteria in your coochiepop.

by Anonymousreply 544March 29, 2018 12:06 PM

No “High Katate” available?

by Anonymousreply 545March 29, 2018 12:06 PM

R529 is absolutely correct. Some of the wealthiest people I ever knew ALWAYS and I do mean always were the cheapest people you would ever meet this side of Heaven. YES, they shop at dollar stores, thrift stores, job lot places. They are NOT above dumpster diving and curb crawling. And they are darn proud of the ability to stretch that money. They are rich because they know the value of every cent, every dollar and they pride themselves on saving it. They also know how to splurge, and on what and on who.

R522, yes, good values still available at thrift shops. Since the Internet popularized it, many now lurk in them to find things for resale.

Should we start another thread on all this? I know there have been some in the past.

by Anonymousreply 546March 29, 2018 12:08 PM

R546 here again. And these people I am referring to live on CT's gold coast, wealthy areas of FL, and the wealthy 'burbs in between Philly and NYC. They also clip coupons, if they find good ones. They absolutely never do the product hoarding from extreme coupon clipping UNLESS they find some way, any way to profit from this.

They sure know the value of money, how to make it, how to preserve it. No patience or tolerance for those who can't.

by Anonymousreply 547March 29, 2018 12:13 PM

I wonder if they sell washing soda there?

by Anonymousreply 548March 29, 2018 12:23 PM

Yes, they do R548. The name brand products are almost always in much smaller containers than the knockoff brands, so they're probably not worth a dollar. I've never bought any of their knockoff brand detergents so I don't know how well they work. One thing I do buy religiously is a container of this. I add one scoop into each load of laundry along with the detergent. It definitely gives the laundry a lovely smell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549March 29, 2018 12:35 PM

Oh, and that is not specifically for the laundry. You can use it to clean multiple things around the house.

by Anonymousreply 550March 29, 2018 12:37 PM

Sometimes the smaller sizes are handy-- like for travel. And they're not easy to find in regular stores. I frequently bring a small container of laundry detergent (or pods) with me if I know I'm going to be somewhere with self-service laundry facilities. Same with dish soap.

by Anonymousreply 551March 29, 2018 2:04 PM

You won’t find High Point goffee at the Dollah Tree. Only fine retail establishments are fit to carry such deep brewed flavah.

Mmmmm.

MmmmMMMMMMM.

by Anonymousreply 552March 29, 2018 2:44 PM

I arrived early for a meeting last week and had an hour to wait, so I drove around. I saw a Dollar Tree and almost killed myself swerving into the parking lot from the far lane. It was like an instinct kicked in! I literally gasped when I saw it, my mind filled with the promises of deep discounts and rare treasures mentioned in this thread.

I was immediately distraught by the lack of pound cake. As advised here, I checked both the baked goods AND candy aisles, to no avail. I was going to ask for help finding it, but the cashier was dead behind the eyes and I didn’t want to tax her.

On a happier note, they had a nice selection of body washes. I prefer them to bar soap—all that rotating the bar around is so tiring—but usually can’t justify buying them because of the cost. Now I’m luxuriating in the rich, vanilla-scented lather of Suave pampering body cleanser (exxtra moisturizing) for only a dollar.

by Anonymousreply 553March 29, 2018 2:57 PM

The Aldi poundcake sounded great, but all flavors are covered in a chocolate coating.

by Anonymousreply 554March 29, 2018 8:53 PM

r554 You say that like it's a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 555March 29, 2018 9:22 PM

Here's a vote for the candles that come in 2/3 cup mason jars. They do not chemically or smoke at all. Cancles I've gotten at Pier 1, Cost Plus or Rite Aid have all smoked badly. I got one of those large jarred candles at Rite Aid over the holidays and I have to clean the black rim every time I used it. The wicks also keep in good shape and don't burn to nubs.

by Anonymousreply 556March 29, 2018 11:42 PM

Goodness r556, who the hell actually WANTS cancles?

by Anonymousreply 557March 30, 2018 12:38 AM

When I quit smoking the first time, the 99 cents store was my hero -- for chocolate bars to ease the cravings. To the point where my jeans literally starting ripping off of me like the Incredible Hulk. Thanks, 99 Cents Store, for making the final days of my size 31 jeans, never to return.

by Anonymousreply 558March 30, 2018 1:14 AM

I buy my witch hazel there. Great for the skin,

by Anonymousreply 559March 30, 2018 2:00 AM

I have Dollar Tree ads on here now!! $1 glass vases, and craft supplies !

by Anonymousreply 560March 30, 2018 3:19 AM

Wow!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561March 30, 2018 3:26 AM

[quote]Does anyone here go to thrift shops and if so can good deals still be found?

I do, and yes, I find good deals. One thing I will say is to look beyond Goodwill and the Salvation Army thrift shops, which for many are the default when they think of thrift stores, but are not nearly as deal-rich as people think. I avoid both - the SA also is vile for other reasons, no need to enrich them. Plus, both those stores tend to pull the best stuff that is donated to sell online. Check out your locally-owned thrift stores instead - the best ones in my area are a small regional chain run by a local charity. They have loads of sale days (50% off all clothes one day, the next, 50% off books, etc) and their donation pipeline is very healthy, with plenty of upscale merchandise coming in. I found a $150 jacket there last year for $2.50, and have found books that are on the current bestseller lists for $.25, among many other things.

Consignment shops are also worth checking out. The prices are of course usually not as cheap as a thrift store, but can still be a bargain when you consider what you'd pay for the item in a regular store, and are usually in very good shape.

by Anonymousreply 562March 30, 2018 6:38 AM

I try but I can not stand the smell when I walk into a Goodwill. I know the clothes are dry-cleaned but still... I can only last about five minutes tops. What is that "old clothes" smell?

This thread actually made me look up the nearest Dollar Tree. Found one close by, next door to, yes, a Goodwill.

by Anonymousreply 563March 30, 2018 6:45 AM

The clothes are not drycleaned, R563. They aren't even washed most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 564March 30, 2018 7:10 AM

I had a colonoscopy last week. My insurance would only cover the GoLYTELY but not the Dulcolax for some reason. The Walgreens pharmacist said, "They have it at Dollar Tree." And they did!

by Anonymousreply 565March 30, 2018 7:21 AM

R554 The Lemon, Marzipan (almond), and plain poundcakes I've had from Aldi were NOT enrobed in chocolate. I do not believe the rum cake was either.

by Anonymousreply 566March 30, 2018 10:21 AM

I have bought really beautiful expensive sweaters at The Goodwill near me in East Harlem. There is a Dollar Tree a few blocks from there where I bye their milk and their medication. Which I find works very well. I recently bought two kitchen towels with shamrocks all over them that look really cute hanging on the stove and for 1 dollar.

by Anonymousreply 567March 30, 2018 12:33 PM

I like all of them. Go all the time.

by Anonymousreply 568March 30, 2018 1:29 PM

There were several copies of Joan Rivers last book there and I stocked up on them to pay tribute.

by Anonymousreply 569March 30, 2018 1:50 PM

Their Betty Crocker utensils are good for the money.

by Anonymousreply 570March 31, 2018 3:46 AM

Are these the silicone variety R570?

by Anonymousreply 571March 31, 2018 7:25 PM

Their silicone spatulas are good, and get good reviews on the website. I also have a couple of melamine spoons and ladles that seem as good as the ones that cost more at Target etc.

by Anonymousreply 572March 31, 2018 7:44 PM

I hate silicone utensils.

by Anonymousreply 573March 31, 2018 8:01 PM

Remember what Babs found at a discount store....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574March 31, 2018 8:03 PM

The OP was not joking about Jordache cologne.

Here's the boy's stuff at my local DT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575March 31, 2018 10:49 PM

And the girls' stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576March 31, 2018 10:52 PM

[quote] I hate silicone utensils.

How do you scrape out batter from a bowl without leaving 1/4 of it in the bowl?

by Anonymousreply 577April 1, 2018 12:59 AM

Before silicone, R577, there was rubber.

by Anonymousreply 578April 1, 2018 6:45 AM

I like rubber. not silicone.

by Anonymousreply 579April 1, 2018 12:37 PM

Doesn't rubber eventually crack and degrade after time?

by Anonymousreply 580April 1, 2018 12:40 PM

Silicone lasts much longer than rubber.

by Anonymousreply 581April 1, 2018 12:41 PM

i don't care! i don't want that shit leaching into my food!

by Anonymousreply 582April 1, 2018 12:43 PM

I thought silicone was inert and that was why they made high end sex toys out of it.

by Anonymousreply 583April 1, 2018 1:22 PM

do you use hot sex toys in boiling liquids, r563?

by Anonymousreply 584April 1, 2018 1:23 PM

Settle down, R582. Nobody's forcing you to use silicone utensils. It's going to be okay.

by Anonymousreply 585April 1, 2018 1:24 PM

I'm sorry r585. I haven't taken my morning meds yet.

by Anonymousreply 586April 1, 2018 1:25 PM

I don't use sex toys at all R584 but thanks for your concern.

by Anonymousreply 587April 1, 2018 1:26 PM

I don't use sex toys either. silicone is evil.

by Anonymousreply 588April 1, 2018 1:27 PM

R584 I only use silicone spatulas for getting last wee bit of condiments or food out of a jar. Sometimes I may just use a flick of the wrist to loosen an omelette or frittata with one, but never have I used one to stir boiling liquids or deglaze a pan. Furthermore the flipper type spatulas, as for fish would not be subjected to that heat either. If one needs to stir, he ought to use a spoon of course.

by Anonymousreply 589April 1, 2018 1:31 PM

R578/R579 I was not aware there was still a great selection of real rubber spatulas out there. I do believe the reason most switched is because the silicone is more durable. What if any advantages are there to true rubber? Where do you buy them?

by Anonymousreply 590April 1, 2018 1:36 PM

fuck off r590.

by Anonymousreply 591April 1, 2018 1:37 PM

What is with everyone's attitude this AM? I'm being quite serious, as I do need to replace some which have been sliced while scraping the edge of tins. I'm older and don't shop often...

by Anonymousreply 592April 1, 2018 1:40 PM

I personally think silicone is evil. I won't have it in my home.

by Anonymousreply 593April 1, 2018 1:42 PM

Silicone is the DEVIL!!!! 👿👿👿

by Anonymousreply 594April 1, 2018 1:45 PM

Still just crickets from my previous questions. Was wondering if dishwasher safe as well. I'm not a shill for a silicone producer, have no skin in this game at all. Not a bottom either, so know absolutely squat about toyx made from the shit!

by Anonymousreply 595April 1, 2018 1:46 PM

i think of silicone as "cheap". Dollar Store fodder.

by Anonymousreply 596April 1, 2018 1:46 PM

Rather than simply revelling in your smugness, care to share where you DO buy them? Only see silicone. Recommend any name brands of true rubber? I had been told eons ago that the brand Rubbermaid was't even real rubber anymore, and this was in the 90's. JUST SERIOUSLY CURIOUS.

by Anonymousreply 597April 1, 2018 1:49 PM

597, google is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 598April 1, 2018 1:50 PM

Sad devolution of a great and funny thread. Yes fool @ 598, I could google, but wanted details from the posters stating RUBBER is ideal, and their personal endorsements. Looks as if MANY skipped their AM meds here.

by Anonymousreply 599April 1, 2018 1:54 PM

Listen.... I am alone on Easter and I haven't taken my meds yet. I am in no mood for bullshit about fucking rubber and silicone!

by Anonymousreply 600April 1, 2018 1:56 PM

Well perhaps others could share then. Wasn't forcing you personally to help me out. Hope you feel better. I HAVE had bad experiences years ago with some Lexan small utensils I took on a camping trip. They melted. I had been persuaded to purchase them from a salesperson at an outdoors outfitter due to their light weight (we were backpacking). I would never buy those ever again. I ended up using a stick to stir the pot for the remainder of our trip!

by Anonymousreply 601April 1, 2018 2:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!