Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nasty & Nice Celebrities On Airplanes

Share your stories here!

by Anonymousreply 196August 23, 2018 4:28 PM

Sandra Bernhard....nasty!

by Anonymousreply 1December 5, 2011 8:18 PM

Al Franken has a brilliant bit on Barbara Bush on a plan, and what a nasty cunt she was, in one of this books (I believe it was "The Truth" but it might have been "Lying Liars" -- they're both awesome, must-reads)

by Anonymousreply 2December 5, 2011 8:22 PM

Details, R1.

by Anonymousreply 3December 5, 2011 9:02 PM

One nasty, one nice.

Once sat across the isle from Mary Ann Mobley and that drunkard husband of hers Gary Collins on a flight from Atlanta to L.A. We were in the bulkhead isle. Collins immediately went to sleep (I think he was already drunk) and Mobley leaned her seat back all the way and planted her bare feet up against the bulkhead while the movie was going on. One of the FA's came up and leaned over to her and I could hear her whispering for her to take her feet off the bulkhead. As the FA walked away sweet Miss America said under her breath "fucking bitch".

Once sat next to Donna Douglas on a flight from L.A. to Atlanta. This was in the mid 80's and she would have been in her mid 50's. It was like she had just stepped off the set of Beverly Hillbillies. Blond peroxided hair in pigtails, dressed in a red checkered pantsuit that looked like she'd had it made from a picnic tablecloth. The only luggage she brought on board was her makeup case which she stored under the seat in front of her. As soon as we were in flight she leaned over and asked if I had the time. I told her what time it was and said "you're Donna Douglas aren't you?". She was tickled pink someone knew who she was. We talked and talked and I had so many questions I wanted to ask that I knew better than to ask, such as "was the breakup with Elvis as bad as I heard". She was on her way to Atlanta to sing at some religious meeting. You could tell there was something seriously off about her, mentally.

The strangest thing about her was that she already had a ton of makeup slathered on her face but she took her makeup case out at least every 30 minutes and did a full touch up. By the time we landed she had to have a quarter inch of pancake on that face. But she was a sweetheart, even if she was obviously batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 4December 5, 2011 11:00 PM

Great stories, R4.

by Anonymousreply 5December 6, 2011 8:21 PM

R4, the OP asked for celebrity stories.

by Anonymousreply 6December 6, 2011 8:28 PM

John Malkovich, nice, polite, friendly, but not outgoing. We both read books most of the way. I don't remember what either of us were reading.

I didn't tell him I'd had wood for him for years, as I love slender balding men. This was 15 or so years ago when both of us were hotter than we are now.

by Anonymousreply 7December 6, 2011 8:29 PM

Mary Ann Mobley? Donna Douglas?

Eldergay alert!!

by Anonymousreply 8December 6, 2011 8:30 PM

I was on a flight from NYC to Vancouver and Heather Locklear was on the same flight a few years ago. She was filming some movie of the week this was right after her stay at rehab.

She made eye contact with me and chatted for awhile while we were waiting to board.

Very friendly although she did look sort of haggard at that time.

by Anonymousreply 9December 6, 2011 8:46 PM

Back when I had more money and airfare was cheaper I used to fly first class from LA to NY. Once sat next to Timothy Hutton. Good looking guy. But man, he had the worst body odor I have ever smelled. Absolutely repellant. Rude to the flight attendants, too.

Another time I flew next to Dana Carvey, back when he was successful. Half the board has probably never heard of him. The flight was delayed, and for some reason he took it upon himself to stand up and entertain the first class cabin with his Church Lady routine. I loved it on tv, but have to say, on a late night delayed flight, it wasn't funny.

by Anonymousreply 10December 6, 2011 9:21 PM

Well isn't that special, r10.

by Anonymousreply 11December 6, 2011 9:25 PM

Sat in first class next to Mary Tyler Moore. She was very cold. No one spoke to her, could tell she wouldn't like being spoken to. I couldn't help thinking how much she was like Beth in Ordinary People. I have since heard that she gets very nervous around strangers when she is alone.

by Anonymousreply 12December 6, 2011 9:30 PM

MTM has admitted she is a very shy and reserved person.

by Anonymousreply 13December 6, 2011 9:33 PM

Buck would have never talked to her!

by Anonymousreply 14December 6, 2011 9:36 PM

I've posted this before but about 10 years ago I was flying Southwest Airlines from LA to DC and Marcia Cross was on the same flight. This was a couple years before "Desperate Housewives" and quite a while after "Melrose Place." And even though Southwest has no first class, Marcia was doing her damnedest to get first class treatment. I heard her ask the gate attendant if she could board first so she wouldn't be bothered by the other passengers and then on the plane she monopolized the flight attendants. Definitely a diva - I can only imagine what she became after "Desperate Housewives" became a huge hit.

by Anonymousreply 15December 6, 2011 9:41 PM

r4 did Donna share any good stories about Max Baer Jr.?

by Anonymousreply 16December 6, 2011 9:43 PM

The good thing for MTM is she has aged, looking like shit. I saw her on Park Ave in October. I don't think most would know who she is. Especially eople under the age of 40.

by Anonymousreply 17December 6, 2011 9:44 PM

My boyfriend has a couple, I only remember the vague details. Alton Brown sat next to him in first class and proceeded to get trashed on straight bourbons at like ten in the morning.

And he had DL Icon Sandra Lee in front of him at some airport sandwich counter and she proceeded to hang over the plastic partition, the sneeze-guard thing, and yell at the guy behind the counter about how he was making her sandwich the entire time. No verificata of Kwanzaa Cake in the vicinity though.

by Anonymousreply 18December 6, 2011 9:46 PM

You have to admit that Carol Burnett (who's older) has aged much better than MTM

by Anonymousreply 19December 6, 2011 9:47 PM

Before casting Mary Tyler Moore, director Robert Redford had Lee Remick in mind for the role of Beth.

by Anonymousreply 20December 6, 2011 9:49 PM

This thread is going to be chock full of BS, because flight attendant queens are bitchy as hell. I wouldn't trust their opinion on other peoples' bitchiness.

by Anonymousreply 21December 6, 2011 9:49 PM

Not R1, but I was on a flight with Sandra Bernhard, her girl/friend, nanny and child from JFK to LAX. Sandra and g/f were in first class and nanny and baby were in coach. After takeoff Sandra went to coach and pulled the nanny/baby to the front to sit in some empty seats. The flight attendants told her that she couldn't do that, but if she wanted to swap seats that was ok. Well nanny and baby ended up in coach and the rest of us in first listened to Sandra bitch out the flight attendant and the airline the entire 6 hours to LA. By the time we got there, everyone was OVER her and she was getting stink eye from everyone.. What a cunt..

by Anonymousreply 22December 6, 2011 9:50 PM

I agree. Carol Burnett looks great. Mary does like like shit.

by Anonymousreply 23December 6, 2011 9:53 PM

What married with child/ren barely an A list movie actor is very quiet on planes? It isn't so much that he is quiet but rather that he will not talk to the flight attendants or any passengers who approach him.

When the flight attendant asks him for a drink he has either told his assistant ahead of time or whispers it to his assistant who passes it along to the flight attendant.

This is repeated throughout the flight. If a passenger comes up to him during the flight, the assistant talks for the actor and the actor either nods or shakes his head in response to autograph requests. Oh, he does make exceptions for very attractive women.

Dennis Quaid

by Anonymousreply 24December 6, 2011 9:54 PM

Sat next to Juliet Mills MANY years ago L.A to NYC. I was 14 at the time and she was very kind, chatty and asked me about the book I was reading- A JFK bio- and whey I was traveling. Told her I loved Nanny and the Professor, etc.

I've often wished it was her husband instead, but she was lovely.

by Anonymousreply 25December 6, 2011 9:54 PM

Alec Baldwin was kicked off a plane today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 6, 2011 9:55 PM

Which airline was it that Lucille Ball was banned from for flinging coffee at a flight attendant?

by Anonymousreply 27December 6, 2011 10:00 PM

Re : 10 - Right after 'Ordinary People', I was a chauffeur, in L.A., and I drove Tim Hutton TO the plane (LAX). Your story reminded me what an Asshole the guy was / is ? When we got to the airport, I went to open his door for him , and he slammed it shut (almost ripping my hand off). Then he rolled the window down an inch, and said "Goddammit, I'm not ready to get out of the car yet" . He was acting like the paps would all gather round , once they saw him. Took about 3 more minutes, got out, and NO ONE even noticed him. Delusions of stardom. AND, he didn't tip. So glad to watch his career go straight downhill, after he won the Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 28December 6, 2011 10:04 PM

I've sat near or next to several celebrities over the years, but nothing really interesting. Charlize Theron was the most unreal because she doesn't look quite human in person, almost like a statue come to life. She's very quiet and reserved. When we first made eye contact, she flashed me the briefest slit of a smile, which I returned, and we didn't talk other than absolutely necessary small talk. For someone like me, who doesn't like to talk to my "single serving friends", she was ideal. On the same flight was another celebrity, whose name I can't remember or perhaps never learned, but he was approached by many in economy class, was very chatty and signed his autograph quite a few times. I think Charlize was the last to board the flight, and many in economy didn't know she was there, which was what I think she wanted. It was as if she wanted a cocoon of artificial privacy for a few hours, and that was respected by the staff and her fellow passengers who were aware of her presence.

by Anonymousreply 29December 6, 2011 10:05 PM

[quote]Alec Baldwin was kicked off a plane today.

Drunk or rage issues? Or both? I can't wait for the gory details.

by Anonymousreply 30December 6, 2011 10:06 PM

#theresalwaysunited Last flight w American. Where retired Catholic school gym teachers from the 1950's find jobs as flight attendants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 6, 2011 10:11 PM

My mother met Jim Hutton (not on a plane) and found him off in his own universe, but not snotty about it.

by Anonymousreply 32December 6, 2011 10:15 PM

R32 He was a very heavy drinker.

by Anonymousreply 33December 6, 2011 10:29 PM

[quote]Sandra and g/f were in first class and nanny and baby were in coach.

I can't believe she would dump her own kid to be with the nanny while she lounges in first class with her partner.

by Anonymousreply 34December 6, 2011 10:33 PM

Baldwin's latest tweet is lucid, if stupid: "United shud hav app onboard where u can play WWF w other passengers. American shud have app where u read the new testament w flt attendant"

by Anonymousreply 35December 6, 2011 10:38 PM

"I can't believe she would dump her own kid to be with the nanny while she lounges in first class with her partner."

Infants can't travel in 1st on most airlines. What's she to do? Sit with the plebes?

by Anonymousreply 36December 6, 2011 10:48 PM

r36, I've flown in first class with a baby on United, American, and Frontier. Malaysian Airlines bans babies. WHat was Sandra flying?

by Anonymousreply 37December 6, 2011 11:03 PM

[quote][R4] did Donna share any good stories about Max Baer Jr.?

No, the only BH cast mate I mentioned was Buddy Ebson. I had seen & talked to him many years earlier in Savannah, Ga. in a fast food restaurant of all places, and she mentioned how much she adored him. It was obvious she'd gone full-on religion loony by that time and no matter what we talked about she always found a way to work religion into it. I didn't dare tell her I was a big ol' queer atheist for fear she'd start screaming for the holy ghost.

by Anonymousreply 38December 6, 2011 11:15 PM

Miss Ball was banned from American Airlines.

by Anonymousreply 39December 6, 2011 11:37 PM

I had almost the exact same experience with Donna Douglas 2 years ago r4, except it was in the airport instead of the airplane.

She was dressed like Elly May, pony tail and all. She was on her way to a bible meeting of some kind. She was terribly sweet and thrilled that I recognized her and asked me to sit with her in an airport restaurant. She offered to let me say grace, which I declined. As we ate and answered my questions about what she was up to these days: "I mainly travel around speaking in churches" she said. She also said how evil tv and film was these days, saying she bowed out of a film shooting in New Orleans because they were shooting in a bar. I didn't have the heart to tell her I was gay and don't believe in her absurd religious bullshit.

She pulled out her compact twice while I sat with her.

by Anonymousreply 40December 6, 2011 11:57 PM

Liza Minnelli on a flight. She decided she would entertain those others in first class so she sang.... 30 minutes worth.

It was painful. This was after she lost her voice and slurred her words.

by Anonymousreply 41December 7, 2011 12:40 AM

"This was after she lost her voice and slurred her words."

How many gins and tonic did that take at 39,000 feet? It usually takes three at sea level.

by Anonymousreply 42December 7, 2011 12:44 AM

R40, I can only imagine what she looks like 25+ years later, face to face.

Did you know at one time she was one of the top real estate brokers in Beverly Hills? She probably made more money in real estate than she ever did in show business.

by Anonymousreply 43December 7, 2011 12:48 AM

Donna Douglas lives near Baton Rouge, Louisiana now. Apparently she's very sweet and kind and absolutely batty.

I think she looks like a country-fried Baby Jane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 7, 2011 1:06 AM

Not sure any of yous will know who this is...Blake Griffin...I think he's 22 and plays for the LA Clippers. He sat directly behind me on a flight a few weeks ago. He's 6-10 and didn't kick my seat once so I had a good experience. Here's his pic..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 7, 2011 1:06 AM

"Here's his pic."

I know the TSA has made body searches at airports excessive, but that's ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 46December 7, 2011 1:12 AM

RE : 27 -Lucy Ball /coffee story please. Never heard it before. Was she drunk, or just being her real bitchy self ?

by Anonymousreply 47December 7, 2011 8:32 AM

If Blake Griffin were behind me, r45, I would lift my caftan and present. "Yum."

by Anonymousreply 48December 7, 2011 9:01 AM

Al Franken on a flight from L.A. to N.Y. I was two rows aft of him, and for the entire five hour flight he talked to his buddy who was across the aisle from him.

An hour into the flight I was wishing he'd finally shut up, but by the end of the flight I hated his guts.

Five hours of non-stop yakking will get me to hate anybody.

by Anonymousreply 49December 7, 2011 9:21 AM

In the late '80's MTM was more willing to move openly around people. and in meetings open to the public. She was stalked by a homeless woman repeatedly. Afrwe that, she became more guarded.

by Anonymousreply 50December 9, 2011 9:15 PM

Lucile Ball, on a Delta flight from ATL to LAX.

Slung the contents of a coffee cup at the flight attendant and growled: "Ya call this hot?"

Only surprise: She was drinking something other than booze.

by Anonymousreply 51December 9, 2011 9:31 PM

OMG, R44, that was truly frightening. Not because she's aged but because she's still sporting the Ellie Mae look.

by Anonymousreply 52December 9, 2011 9:39 PM

Liza and Dana Carvey getting up and entertaining the plane?

That is so sadly needy.

A friend of mine was on the way to a funeral last month and the plane got stuck on the tarmac for many hours. A magician/comic got in the aisle and did his whole act. Twice. She said it was unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 53December 9, 2011 9:52 PM

My boyfriend sat next to Michael Caine from LAX to JFK a few years ago. Not much to report. He was very engrossed in whatever he was reading. He acted and was treated like any other passenger.

That's similar to my experience flying with Geraldine Ferarro, Harvey Keitel and Dr. Ruth. I think the last thing most famous people want is to make a scene on a flight.

by Anonymousreply 54December 9, 2011 9:58 PM

Absolutely

by Anonymousreply 55January 5, 2012 7:46 AM

REALLY ......so true

by Anonymousreply 56January 5, 2012 7:46 AM

The mother of a friend of mine was on a plane in the late 1950s in which Elizabeth Taylor was as well. She said that near everyone went out of their way to walk past her so they could get an up close look at those famous eyes. A few asked for an autograph which she obliged. I was told that she was quiet, reticent.

by Anonymousreply 57June 4, 2014 4:07 AM

From a recent Popbitch about the washed-up 1960s singer (and now TV presenter) Cilla Black, who is notorious among British Airways staff:

[quote]On one flight, in first class, Cilla was refusing to speak to cabin crew, never saying please or thank you, issuing all orders through her PA. The full nine yards. Eventually the flight attendant grew so tired of her behaviour, he leaned over to speak directly to her: "I knew you couldn't sing, but I didn't know you couldn't fucking speak".

by Anonymousreply 58June 4, 2014 4:35 AM

Slash, LA to NY or vice-versa. Traveling alone. He was already seated at the window next to a little old lady and was a perfect gentleman. No one recognized him although he was giving full-on Slash realness (minus the top hat). He finally got accosted at the baggage carrousel.

by Anonymousreply 59June 4, 2014 8:43 AM

Patrick Stewart was very polite and reserved. Sarah Brightman was the same. I've never had a rude one, but some friends had Cilla Black, who is a famous UK tv presenter, who actually got banned from BA for being such a diva.

by Anonymousreply 60June 4, 2014 9:15 AM

Was on a plane many years ago, onboard was a Irish film star before he got really famous.

I only glanced maybe once or twice in his direction and I wasn't even one of his fans. He GLARED at me for maybe 5 minutes straight.

My friend kept whispering about it to me, he was worried and got us both fretting he was going to come over and punch me

by Anonymousreply 61June 4, 2014 9:54 AM

I recently had the pod across from Harry Styles on a flight to London. I was struck by how extraordinarily polite he was with the cabin crew and gracious with a fellow passenger who wanted a picture and autograph for her niece. He was poised, kind and mature well beyond his years. BTW, he wheezes when he sleeps.

by Anonymousreply 62June 4, 2014 7:29 PM

Have you seen Hutton's new show? He damn sure looks like he smells.

by Anonymousreply 63June 4, 2014 8:40 PM

Julian Lennon

LA to London

Nice and just like any other nice first class passenger

by Anonymousreply 64October 5, 2014 10:50 PM

Drew Brees, San Diego to New Orleans on Southwest.

He was neither nasty nor nice (just quiet), but he had the aisle seat a few rows up and had his leg out in the aisle most of the flight. Not his fault; the seat was too small. No one asked him for an autograph, but plenty of people used the toilet near the cockpit so they could walk past him on the way back and check him out.

by Anonymousreply 65October 6, 2014 12:56 AM

R65, what did his ass look like? Did people make comments about his ass? If so, what were they? Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 66October 6, 2014 12:59 AM

Sheila Jackson Lee - she was banned from one airline for being an uber cunt.

by Anonymousreply 67October 6, 2014 1:00 AM

Jerry Lewis is a hateful creature It made a fortune with absolutely no talent

by Anonymousreply 68May 23, 2016 10:39 AM

Interesting about Lucille ball Don't understand craze over I Live Lucy Of all 4 cast members she had the least talent

by Anonymousreply 69May 23, 2016 10:45 AM

We once met a sister who was a space waitress assigned to keep Judy Garland company on a flight.

by Anonymousreply 70May 23, 2016 10:51 AM

John Stamos and Rebecca Romijn -- very jokey and friendly.

by Anonymousreply 71May 23, 2016 11:10 AM

A friend's husband sat next to Uma Thurman on a flight and said she was one of the nicest people he's ever flown with.

My grandmother used to tell a story about being on a flight with country singer Eddy Arnold. He was an asshole to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 72May 23, 2016 11:20 AM

My dad had Justin Bieber on his plane and was similar to Dennis Quaid. Wouldn't talk to the flight attendants and would have his assistant communicate for him.

by Anonymousreply 73May 23, 2016 11:48 AM

The biebs is the result of an experiment gone awry

His father married out of his species

by Anonymousreply 74May 23, 2016 1:22 PM

My dad was on a flight with Desn Martin and he was very friendly

by Anonymousreply 75May 23, 2016 1:27 PM

Two different flights: (1) American Airlines from LA to Vancouver, a few years back. Nestor Carbonell and Joshua Jackson both in first class (but traveling separately). Both were cute and friendly but reserved. I offered my USA Today to Nestor after I had finished it, and he took it and thanked me. (2) American Airlines from LA to DFW. Jennifer Hudson, her baby (at least it was a baby at the time) and either her baby daddy or manny...not sure which. Much like Miss Sandra, Jennifer sat in first class and the baby and other guy were way back in coach, much to the delight of us first-class passengers. I was reading a copy of Oprah's magazine that someone had left in my seat pocket and I came across Jennifer's "Got Milk?" ad. Because Jennifer was working on a PR campaign for my company as well, I wrote her a note on my business card and the flight attendant took both the magazine and business card to Jennifer. (Cheesy, I know.) Jennifer signed the magazine and returned it to me. She kept the business card but, alas, hasn't phoned yet.

by Anonymousreply 76May 23, 2016 2:13 PM

[R76] here. I forgot one! About 15 years ago. American Airlines flight from Miami to DFW. Grace Jones, her brother, and her very handsome boy toy. She was headed to Dallas for a James Bond convention. She got sauced on rum drinks and didn't say a work to anyone other than her boy toy...she had a straw, reggae-looking hat pulled down over her brow. But her skin looked good and she looked young. Her brother, on the other hand, was a gay magpie. He turned around (was in the seat ahead of me) and asked my husband and me if we knew where he could "score some coke" in Dallas. We lacked this basic but essential knowledge and told him so. We weren't impolite but quickly tired of his chatter. Was very relieved when it was time for him to turn around and buckle his seat belt for landing.

by Anonymousreply 77May 23, 2016 2:21 PM

I've sat next to Angela Lansbury, Jane Fonda, Blair Underwood, Dolly Parton, and Tom Cruise.

All of them were polite (especially Angela), but kept to themselves. Jane Fonda worked non-stop. Angela knitted.

by Anonymousreply 78May 23, 2016 3:23 PM

Todd Haynes and I mildly cruised each other at La Guardia. Then found we were on the same flight. We were both cute then.

by Anonymousreply 79May 23, 2016 3:25 PM

My coworker and his wife met Dolly on a plane. When she learned that they were newlyweds on their way to the honeymoon, she gave them a $100 bill!

by Anonymousreply 80May 23, 2016 3:27 PM

Brenda Dickson Honolulu to LAX. I was in the last row of first and could hear her behind me loudly tell a flight attendant: "Please tell everyone NO AUTOGRAPHS. I need my beauty rest. No exceptions."

I doubt anyone but me knew who the fuck she was.

by Anonymousreply 81May 23, 2016 3:39 PM

Not a plane, but a bus! Best Actor in a Supporting Role nominee Chief Dan George used to take the bus from Vancouver to Mission. I saw him a few times back in the early 80s when I was a very broke student. He seemed to enjoy sitting behind the driver. People would sometimes recognize him and he was okay with it. He had a young child with him once, who may have been a grandchild. So, not only did he take a regular old bus, but he didn't need an entourage.

by Anonymousreply 82May 23, 2016 3:47 PM

This is a great thread.

How did Lucille Ball get away without enduring a scandal over the coffee incident?

by Anonymousreply 83May 23, 2016 3:49 PM

A friend of mine was on a flight from Austin to NYC with McConaughey, his wife and their shitload of kids. No nanny. He was furious when he saw all those little tykes being loaded into business class. But he said there was never a peep out of them, he'd never seen kids who behaved that well on a plane. And they didn't even look like they'd been drugged. At the end of the flight all the attendants lined up to congratulate them on having the best behaved kids in the United States.

by Anonymousreply 84May 23, 2016 3:57 PM

Soon after his loss in the last election, I saw Senator Paul Ryan and an aid on a flight from NYC to Boston.

No one bothered them,

When they left the plane, it was sort of sad to see them walking alone in the airport--no security or anything. They seemed so lonely.

by Anonymousreply 85May 23, 2016 3:59 PM

R83 It was in a time before social media, where publicists hushed things up and a flight attendant who wanted to keep her job wouldn't talk, except to other FAs.

by Anonymousreply 86May 23, 2016 4:00 PM

R65 he's only a Congressman, that's bad enough. Maybe nobody would go near him after seeing this photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 23, 2016 4:05 PM

A coworker was bumped up to 1st class on a flight and found herself sitting close to Britney Spears. Her description of Britney--"gross." Loud, burping, smacking on her gum, chewing with her mouth wide open, just kind of reveling in being trashy. This was a few years before her meltdown, maybe 2004 or so, so it was a little surprising. Britney was already showing signs of being a hick but not yet full on swamp-rat, so you'd assume she'd carry herself a little more carefully.

by Anonymousreply 88May 23, 2016 4:39 PM

James Vanderbeek and his wife and kids on a flat from Lax to Portland. Very nice and approachable.

by Anonymousreply 89May 23, 2016 6:01 PM

I sat across from Lisa Ling a few weeks ago on JetBlue Mint on a redeye from LAX to JFK. Each seat is an individual pod that turns into a reclining chair or all the way flat as a bed. She had the signature beverage (ginger+ mint lemonadey thing) and told the flight attendant she didn't want anything else. As soon as we took off, she went to sleep and slept the entire way. The flight attendant woke her up to land. She had some water and put drops in her eyes and was the first one off the plane.

by Anonymousreply 90May 23, 2016 6:11 PM

I live in Baton Rouge and Donna Douglas was a very good friend of mine. VERY very sweet and accepting of everyone. She told great stories- Elvis broke her heart. She was very active in charities and local organizations. She still wore Barbie pink everywhere and if she really liked you she would whistle for you. So sad when she passed.

by Anonymousreply 91May 23, 2016 6:38 PM

R78 No other details about Tom Cruise? I would love to sit next to him!

by Anonymousreply 92May 23, 2016 6:40 PM

R92 I've been around celebrities a lot. I make it a point to ignore them, as is their wish (usually). All I can say is that he seemed very petite, but that was no surprise.

by Anonymousreply 93May 23, 2016 6:46 PM

The only celebrity I actually sat next to was the late Barbara Jordan many years ago on a Southwest puddle jumper from Houston to Austin. She was sitting in the first row seat on the aisle and I took the window. She was ill with diabetes-related illnesses then, and was confined to a wheelchair. But she was traveling alone.

She was an exceedingly warm and kind person. I was heading to Las Vegas and we talked about the city and desert. She seemed very interested in what I was saying and had a wonderful, commanding voice.

For all of you gaylings who never heard of her: She was the first black woman elected to Congress from the South. She make a huge impression in the Watergate hearings and helped sway public opinion against Nixon. Her keynote address at the Democratic National Convention (1976?) is still considered the standard bearer of such speeches.

She was lesbian and lived with her longtime companion in Austin while she taught at the University of Texas.

by Anonymousreply 94May 23, 2016 7:26 PM

I sat next to Gayle King on a flight from New York to Chicago. She brought her own lunch with her and worked the entire flight, going through the dozen or so magazines she had in her bag, tearing out articles and making notes. Never spoke a word to anyone. On the same flight a few years earlier, I sat next to Mellody Hobson (now Mrs. George Lucas). Same deal. She worked the whole time and never spoke to anyone. I've seen Bernadette Peters a couple of times in the United Club at LGA. And on the other end of low key and subtle - In the early 80's I was seated directly behind Diana Ross and all her then-young children at a performance of Starlight Express in London. They had held the curtain for her. She was the last to arrive, sweeping down the aisle right before the lights went down, seated fourth row center. Needless to say, she made quite an entrance. The cast all knew she was there and played to her the whole performance.

by Anonymousreply 95May 23, 2016 8:53 PM

Grant Goodeve on an Amtrak train from Encinitas (northern San Diego) to LA, business class. Quiet, handsome & by himself.

by Anonymousreply 96May 23, 2016 8:54 PM

Has anyone ever been on a plane with Tom Cruz or Jerry Lewis?

by Anonymousreply 97May 24, 2016 3:05 AM

Can't say i'm surprised about Britney

by Anonymousreply 98May 24, 2016 11:55 AM

OMG, so many. Traveling for so many years with a large consulting firm, almost always first class because of my miles. Too many to name - a LOT of sports celebs (ballers) that I would have no clue of without my straight male coworkers telling me. Many just very quiet and to themselves (Mark Walberg, Lisa Kudrow, Donny Osmond, Linda Blaire, Kathy Griffin still weepy/red-eyed from losing her father just the day before I think, many other minor sitcom type celebs), batshit crazy wild eyed and paranoid Richard Jeni just days before he killed himself, another comedian Paul Money who used a pillow case as his carry on, Sigfried and Roy who were just BIZARRE looking - talk about a couple of piss-elegant ka-weens with caked on makeup, Letterman all gruff and non-verbal, some jerk major league baller from Philly (HOT as FUCK) who got pissed off because I would not swap my 2B aisle for his 1D bulkhead window so he cold sit by his PRICK of a father (entitled!, why didn't dad swap with 1C instead?), etc., on and on... Oh yeah, and the absolutely gorgeous Josh Duhamel at his prime during that Vegas show - what a glorious specimen. And Vince Neil when he was on the wagon but drinking like a fish...

by Anonymousreply 99May 24, 2016 12:21 PM

[quote]Jane Fonda worked nonstop

What does that entail for an actress sitting on an airplane?

Reading scripts? Going over lines? Endless phone calls to agents, mgrs. and publicists? (I hope for your sake it was not that). Auditioning for someone sitting with her? Going over magazine articles and clipping the ones that seemed like good project ideas? (If during the days of activism) Writing speeches? (If during the days of capitalism) Picking cute leotards and work-out gear?

by Anonymousreply 100May 24, 2016 3:12 PM

I did this search of Todd Haynes and couldn't find a single cute picture of him. When exactly was he cute?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101May 24, 2016 3:13 PM

[quote]What does that entail for an actress sitting on an airplane?

When an actor gets to a certain level, their business is no longer just about acting. Many have production companies, investments, endorsements, etc.

I'm in the business, so I would easily noticed is Jane were reading scripts. She wasn't. What she was reading was none of my business. All I can say is that she had a stack of papers she went through the entire 5-hour flight. And took copious notes. She was totally about not being noticed and getting work done. She had on a ball cap and hardly any make-up. She looked really good -- until she reached across me to get a drink. And I saw a talon grab a seltzer water.

by Anonymousreply 102May 24, 2016 3:44 PM

[quote]Brenda Dickson Honolulu to LAX. I was in the last row of first and could hear her behind me loudly tell a flight attendant: "Please tell everyone NO AUTOGRAPHS. I need my beauty rest. No exceptions."

I would have levitated from joy.

by Anonymousreply 103May 24, 2016 3:56 PM

[R76] here. How could I forget my short and otherwise unremarkable Southwest Airlines flight from Dallas to Houston with Rafael Edward "Ted" Cruz! This was a few years ago...certainly before he declared his candidacy for president. Even so, it's not like Texans weren't already aware of him. Almost to a person (not counting Ted), everyone either despised Ted or was indifferent to his presence. No one wanted to sit by him...nor had to, because it was a half-empty Saturday afternoon flight. The lady standing next to my husband and me whispered, "If this plane goes down, we will make the headlines. And I think we should take one for the team." Also quite irritating: someone from TSA came to the gate and RECHECKED everyone's boarding pass and photo ID. A bright spot: because Ted is not a frequent flier on Southwest, Imy husband and I got an exit row seat, and he got his own row nearer the front of the plane. I asked the flight attendant to send him a tea bag, but didn't care whether she complied. After all, it's the thought that counts.

by Anonymousreply 104May 24, 2016 4:11 PM

[quote]Brenda Dickson Honolulu to LAX. I was in the last row of first and could hear her behind me loudly tell a flight attendant: "Please tell everyone NO AUTOGRAPHS. I need my beauty rest. No exceptions."

Well, hello!

by Anonymousreply 105May 24, 2016 4:18 PM

I've peed next to Richard Gere, Tim Robbins and Tom Stoppard.

by Anonymousreply 106May 24, 2016 4:22 PM

I used to run into college football coaches at O'Hare. Tom Osborne of Nebraska, Barry Switzer of Oklahoma, and Lou Holtz of Notre Dame are the names I remember and they were always waiting for a commuter plane to some Godforsaken place to try to recruit a high school kid. Now I suspect it's all private jets, but back then it looked like a horrible way to spend 6 months out of the year.

by Anonymousreply 107May 24, 2016 4:36 PM

r105 God, that's a laugh. I'd never heard of the woman before your post and had to look her up. A lousy soap opera actress who's had too much plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 108May 24, 2016 4:44 PM

[quote]I'd never heard of the woman before your post and had to look her up.

You're new on the block, aren't you? Don't worry about washing the plate before you bring it back, just enjoy the cookies.

by Anonymousreply 109May 24, 2016 4:51 PM

Henry Winkler was on our honeymoon flight. It was my first time flying first-class and I was sooo excited (not about him, about the honeymoon). He was very nice to anyone who talked to him, but the flight attendants acted like they had never seen a celebrity before and were spending more time catering to him and posing for pics with him rather than their other passengers. Fucking Fonzie ruined my first, first-class experience.

Another time I sat next to Dan Rather on a Southwest Flight. This was after he retired, but I was also a journalist and he had been one of my role models. He was very happy to talk to me about our trade, never made me feel like I was bothering him, and gave me some tips. Good guy.

Not an airplane but I played Pictionary with Sandra Bullock at her house. As down-to-earth and funny as you'd expect her to be. This was before that Jessie James disaster, though.

by Anonymousreply 110May 24, 2016 4:52 PM

r109 No, I'm not new. I'm just totally unaware of minor, and I mean in her case, VERY minor celebrities. Soap opera junkie are you? How nice.

by Anonymousreply 111May 24, 2016 4:57 PM

r111 you need to quit while you're ahead. Brenda Dickson is a camp icon; her notoriety has very little to do with her acting credits, and everything to do with her delusional perception of herself and nasty dismissals and divorces that involve lawsuits and jail time. Through it all she's been the ultimate drama queen, never one to step out of the flashbulbs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112May 24, 2016 5:06 PM

[quote]I'm just totally unaware of minor, and I mean in her case, VERY minor celebrities. Soap opera junkie are you? How nice.

No, just one who's aware of the DL demigods and demigoddesses.

On second thought, keep the plate.

by Anonymousreply 113May 24, 2016 5:07 PM

That's why her entering an airplane and announcing at the top of her stage voice that she will not entertain any autographs was absolute perfection.

I would have given up four weeks without food or sex to witness that.

by Anonymousreply 114May 24, 2016 5:07 PM

I love this thread if only for the cunty reactions from those who question the celebrity's status.

by Anonymousreply 115May 24, 2016 5:09 PM

This was told to me by a friend who runs a private jet service. Absolute nicest was Julia Louis Dreyfuss, who was unfailingly nice and even brought gifts for the flight crew. Absolute worst was Jerry Seinfeld and his cunt of a wife, who were rude and obnoxious, and who held up the flight until their preferred brand of chocolate was stocked on the snack cart.

by Anonymousreply 116May 24, 2016 5:49 PM

X2 r116. JLD is so nice and pleasant to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 117May 24, 2016 7:41 PM

Your private jet experience reminds me of our pilot telling us that the weirdest thing he had ever seen on a flight was opening the cockpit door to see if everyone was OK, and seeing Gianni Versace sticking carrot sticks up Naomi Campbell's bum.

by Anonymousreply 118May 24, 2016 8:07 PM

I sat right behind Buzz Aldrin once. He was quite friendly. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 119May 24, 2016 8:32 PM

R91, please tell some Donna Douglas stories. Maybe even start a separate thread for them. She always seemed like a total sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 120May 24, 2016 8:36 PM

Re Donna Douglas — I used to love the signoffs for "The Beverly Hillbillies" and "Green Acres" that were done in character:

Elly May: "This has been a FILM-ways Present-ATION!"

Lisa Douglas: "Zis has been a Filmvayz Presentation, dahling."

by Anonymousreply 121May 24, 2016 8:58 PM

R110 What was Sandra like other than nice? How were you at her HOUSE?

by Anonymousreply 122May 24, 2016 11:43 PM

The first time I ever flew first class, I sat near Ringo Starr.

He seemed like a mad and bitter asshole, which killed me because I'm a huge Beatles fan. He seemed very tired and disoriented, and had to repeat his mumbles to the attendant more than once. He dozed on and off and kept blowing that big fuckin' beak of his.

He never talked to any of the other people on the plane, nor looked at them. When we got off the plane, he was out first, with me behind him. He smelled a little like Axe Spray mixed in with body odor.

by Anonymousreply 123May 25, 2016 3:17 AM

R122 I was on a date with a guy who turned out to be one of her close friends. I remember not believing him when he told me, figured it was typical LA bullshit. Imagine my shock when we arrived at her house.

I don't know what else I can say about her, I was very starstruck but trying my hardest to play it cool and not seem like a creeper fan or anything. We had drinks (margaritas) and snacks (quesadillas, flautas ,etc) and the only work they talked about was her next project (that awful film Murder By Numbers). It's not like we became Facebook friends and become besties.

I only went out with the guy a couple more times after that. He made being her friend the only interesting thing about him and it got old after a while. Why else would he take someone on a first date to a celebrity's house other than trying to impress them.

by Anonymousreply 124May 25, 2016 12:51 PM

Shakira on a NY to Miami flight. Lucky that her breasts are small and humble so we don't confuse them with mountains. Seemed sweet-tiny woman half her body weight must be her hair.

by Anonymousreply 125May 25, 2016 1:38 PM

I wouldn't recognize Shakira if she sat on my lap.

by Anonymousreply 126May 25, 2016 1:42 PM

Oh please r126 , she is one of the most popular entertainers on the planet and I've seen you bellydancing to her songs!

by Anonymousreply 127May 25, 2016 1:50 PM

I'm sure that even if you didn't know her at the start, Shakira would make sure you knew her by the end of the flight.

Isn't Shakira the one with the hot soccer player baby daddy?

by Anonymousreply 128May 25, 2016 3:16 PM

Yup Gerard Pique soccer hunk and baby Milan. The flight though was years before they arrived on the scene.

by Anonymousreply 129May 25, 2016 3:19 PM

We seriously doubt the Lucy/coffee story.

by Anonymousreply 130May 25, 2016 4:35 PM

A couple of years ago I sat behind Karl Urban (Star Trek, Dredd) on a flight from Toronto to LA. He kept to himself mostly like pretty much every other passenger.

by Anonymousreply 131May 25, 2016 5:07 PM

The thing I LOVE about the "no exceptions" is that it's as if Brenda was saying, "I DO NOT care if George Clooney or President Obama are in first class, DEMANDING that they MUST have my signature, you are NOT to wake me!"

by Anonymousreply 132May 25, 2016 5:10 PM

[quote]We seriously doubt the Lucy/coffee story.

Michael: You also doubt the existence of AIDS, too, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 133May 25, 2016 5:11 PM

[quote]I was in the last row of first and could hear her behind me loudly tell a flight attendant: "Please tell everyone NO AUTOGRAPHS. I need my beauty rest. No exceptions."

Wait. If she was behind you, does that mean she was on her way to BUSINESS or - hold me David - COACH??!!

This just gets better and better

by Anonymousreply 134May 25, 2016 5:13 PM

Joan Rivers on a flight from New York to Miami. She was super nice, even exchanged seats so a father could sit closer to his children.

by Anonymousreply 135May 25, 2016 5:14 PM

R134 It was Delta domestic. You do the math.

by Anonymousreply 136May 25, 2016 5:21 PM

But YOU were in first, r136. How come she wasn't? Was this right after her arrest? (2008ish)

by Anonymousreply 137May 25, 2016 5:24 PM

About a decade ago, I sat next to Diahann Carroll on a flight from NY to LA. She seemed a bit cool at first but we started talking and I swear we gossiped all the way to LA. I've been in love with her ever since.

by Anonymousreply 138May 25, 2016 5:26 PM

She probably opened up and felt more comfortable once she could tell you were gay

by Anonymousreply 139May 25, 2016 5:28 PM

Marisa Tomei in first class on a flight from New York to Los Angeles.

She'd boarded the plane first with a special airline handler. He stood by to make sure everything was kosher.

She had sunglasses on, it took me a few minutes to realized it was her. I asked "Are you headed home, or on a trip", she meekly replied "home".

Didn't say a single word to me for the whole six hour flight. Except after we landed. She asked me to help her get her baggage out of the overhead. I obliged. That was it.

by Anonymousreply 140May 25, 2016 5:35 PM

[quote]About a decade ago, I sat next to Diahann Carroll on a flight from NY to LA. She seemed a bit cool at first but we started talking and I swear we gossiped all the way to LA.

Did she give her boarding pass to the flight attendant and snarl, "Retract this, you VIPAH — or I'll CRAM it down yoah THROAT!"

by Anonymousreply 141May 25, 2016 5:36 PM

I have never heard one nice thing about Tim Hutton. Closet case and it probably makes him grouchy.

by Anonymousreply 142May 25, 2016 5:51 PM

Jim Hutton was such a drinker, it killed him before 50, but he kept the youthful look until he died...

by Anonymousreply 143May 25, 2016 5:57 PM

More about Sandra Bullock playing Pictionary, please

by Anonymousreply 144May 25, 2016 6:14 PM

I saw Bill Irwin once at LGA baggage claim. He appeared to be alone and unbothered.

by Anonymousreply 145May 25, 2016 6:30 PM

Sorry, didn't realize you had already told your story. Your boyfriend was a bit of a douche, but at least you got to meet Sandy! Must have got old after a while, unless you were going to become her friend.

by Anonymousreply 146May 25, 2016 6:41 PM

Marisa Tomei still has money to ride first class?

by Anonymousreply 147May 25, 2016 7:26 PM

Did Diahann Carroll complain to the flight attendant that her champagne was actually sparkling wine and burnt?

by Anonymousreply 148May 25, 2016 7:34 PM

Yes, I was in first (the client was paying) and Brenda was where she belongs: In coach. (Although in the front row.)

It was at least five years ago. She was wearing a hilarious, long, magenta, synthetic wig, which is why I first noticed her as she got on the plane. My "a drag queen has entered your zone" alarm went off. She was also wearing VERY high heels and was walking with her little Chanel bag out in front of her, like it was a talisman to ward off nonexistent fans. The whole thing was so theatrical.

She didn't look anything like she used to look, so I wasn't sure who it was until she opened her mouth. She may as well have said, "Well, Hello!" her voice is so distinctive.

by Anonymousreply 149May 25, 2016 7:45 PM

Harry Belafonte, first class Minneapolis to Newark; quiet, polite, still handsome as hell.

by Anonymousreply 150May 25, 2016 8:06 PM

My favorite find on this thread: Needy celebs who do a bit for the other passengers when nobody asked.

by Anonymousreply 151May 25, 2016 8:16 PM

Former Prime Minister of Canada, Paul Martin BEFORE he was running for Prime Minister. He was on a regular domestic flight and as soon as we were in the air, he left business class and came into coach to what amounted to campaigning for votes.

by Anonymousreply 152May 25, 2016 8:40 PM

I saw Craig Robinson, the First Lady's brither, on a flight from DC to Portland. He was huge, but very down to earth. Married to a frau-ish white woman.

by Anonymousreply 153September 9, 2016 8:59 PM

Hey, Daily Mail readers:

This is a GAY gossip site. Be prepared to laugh, cry and be offended.

If you're a delicate snowflake who gets easily offended and screams "What About The Children!!!!" a lot, you may as well sod off now for greener pastures.

Welcome!

by Anonymousreply 154September 9, 2016 9:15 PM

For the Daily Mail readers:

We don't hold Madeleine McCann blameless! God knows poor Gerry and Kate should be able to nip out for a couple of hours for a nice dinner without that saucy little troublemaker completely ruining their evening!

by Anonymousreply 155September 9, 2016 9:27 PM

I sat next to Peter Fonda on the way from LA to NY about 22 years ago. He was the nicest man ever. The guy didn't have one uppity bone in his body. Friendly as could be, and a true gentleman. Had a great sense of humor, and we talked for hours about a special he had made for TV, on tribal tattoos. It was a documentary, and I had just watched it on PBS, or some channel similar to PBS. He also told me a story about how he had owned a ranch in a rural area. I think it was Montana, or Colorado. Anyhow, there had been a fellow rancher in the town, who was also a large animal vet, whose wife was having an affair with another rancher/race horse breeder in a neighboring county. The vet found out that his wife was fucking this other man, and the vet snuck into the rancher's stable in the middle of the night, and neutered all of the rancher's studs that he bred for horse racing!

by Anonymousreply 156September 9, 2016 9:37 PM

^Ouch!

by Anonymousreply 157September 9, 2016 9:48 PM

My sister in law was a flight attendant who worked first class on international flights. She used to talk about Bill Cosby being a passenger and asking her if she would sit by him for awhile and hold his hand. She talked to him about her husband and kids. She thought it was sweet at the time. Now that story just seems awfully creepy.

by Anonymousreply 158September 10, 2016 12:15 AM

A married guy I had a fling with in NYC, in the 80's (yes, I'm old) travelled a lot for business, and would sometimes see Kate Jackson on the red-eye from LA to NYC- she was often in coach; would play poker with guys , including my friend. He said she was very approachable and down-to-earth (not sure how good a poker player??? LOL)

by Anonymousreply 159September 10, 2016 1:36 AM

Omg!

by Anonymousreply 160September 10, 2016 3:49 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161February 28, 2017 2:23 AM

I won't tell my Lionel Wagner story cause no one would believe it. Ugh. Yes. Lionel. Fucking. Wagner.

by Anonymousreply 162February 28, 2017 2:54 AM

please grandpa!

by Anonymousreply 163February 28, 2017 3:27 AM

Please tell us the Lyle Waggoner story! PLLLLLLEEEEEEASE!

by Anonymousreply 164February 28, 2017 10:19 PM

I used to have the major hots for Lionel Wagoner. When he posed semi naked in Playgirl, I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

by Anonymousreply 165February 28, 2017 10:38 PM

I sat next to Drew Barrymore on a Virgin flight from Newark to LA a few months ago. One of the genuinely nicest celebs I've ever met. As soon as she sat down she said hello and complimented my shoes. We spent a few minutes chatting about LA and our favorite sushi spots. On the way out she shook every flight attendant's hand and personally thanked each one. Lovely, gracious woman.

by Anonymousreply 166September 4, 2017 1:19 PM

Sweet, R166 :) I'm relieved to hear that Drew is a genuinely nice person in real life.

by Anonymousreply 167September 4, 2017 1:41 PM

Dallas to LGA. Sat next to michael Bolton information class, bulkhead (my preferred so I can fuckin run off the plane first and get home). I knew who he was w his sleeve long blond hair and tight jeans. He had a script or something he kept sorta making overly evident w notes in margin etc. Aloof from the get go so I didn't say a word to the turd. Why can't I have one of these cool celebs like others here?

by Anonymousreply 168September 4, 2017 2:02 PM

^ special needs here. Sorry for typos lol

by Anonymousreply 169September 4, 2017 2:03 PM

Anthony Quinn with his pretty, young wife and their 2 well-behaved kids, Boston to Minneapolis. Very polite and unassuming. He walked with a Smart-cart to hold onto.

His wife was very naturally pretty.

by Anonymousreply 170September 4, 2017 2:42 PM

R168 I swear I do not mean to be rude, but I don't understand some of your terminology.

I am a F/A and I have never heard of Information Class. And what is sleeve long blonde hair? I have never heard that term either.

Plus, Michael Bolton was a brunet I thought?

by Anonymousreply 171September 4, 2017 3:11 PM

r171 Could be auto-correct

by Anonymousreply 172September 4, 2017 4:14 PM

Tim Curry on a flight to London quite a few years ago. I was traveling with family and he with a much younger woman. I don't have much use for meeting celebs but my sister was a teen at the time and was a huge Clue fan. She approached him and he asked her name and she said, "Katie," and he took her hand and said, "Well hello Katherine, its lovely to meet you." Couldn't have been nicer.

by Anonymousreply 173September 4, 2017 4:39 PM

MISS ROSS on a flight from LGA to IND years ago. She was performing there that night or something. She was complaining to her manager the whole flight and then, instead of going to the first class restroom, proceeded to walk away to the back of the plane and piss there. Never understood that. I don't think anyone on the flight recognized here but the huge hair is a giveaway.

by Anonymousreply 174September 4, 2017 5:10 PM

Seth MacFarlane to New York from London. He was accompanied by a woman. I don't know if it was a girlfriend, relative, or assistant. He was looking rough. I'm pretty sure he was hungover. A FA asked if she could have a photograph taken with him. (Asking celebs for photos, autographs, etc. is frowned upon. If they offer, then it's fine.) He snapped at her that he was tired and he just wanted to get some sleep. After take off his companion approached the FA and apologized laughing saying something like, "You know how cranky boys are without their nap." The FA apologized and the companion said it was nothing to worry about and that "they" would make sure she got a photo before the plane got to New York. MacFarlane woke up after a couple of hours of sleep and was very sweet and charming. None of the grumpiness from when he first boarded seemed evident. He posed for photographs with the cabin crew and when the plane got to JFK he made a point of shaking the FA's hand and thanking her.

by Anonymousreply 175September 4, 2017 5:39 PM

R2 That airplane encounter Franken had with Barbara Bush is discussed in his book Lies and the lying liars who tell them...

I haven't read the book yet so I did a little research and found this video with Franken discussing that incident. The discussion is also a good reality check about the imperiousness of Barbara and Shrub.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176September 4, 2017 9:35 PM

Thanks for listing that clip, R176. I'd always suspected Babs Bush was a bitch, but it turns out she's really a first-class cunt.

by Anonymousreply 177September 4, 2017 10:30 PM

R177, thank you. She's a doyen of Upper Class Bitchiness.

by Anonymousreply 178September 4, 2017 10:54 PM

There's a woman who knows how to hate!

by Anonymousreply 179September 4, 2017 10:59 PM

Timothy Hutton had a privileged but difficult childhood. His brother Buck drowned in Lake Michigan. His friend Karen killed herself. His parents were always running off to goddam Spain or goddam Portugal. It was enough to turn anyone into a smelly, rude, swim-team-quitting monster.

by Anonymousreply 180September 4, 2017 11:01 PM

"This was 15 years ago... when both of us were hotter."--R7.

Speak for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 181September 4, 2017 11:11 PM

So, we'd had a short stopover at LAX before heading off to Cabo; we were seated in First Class. The last people to board the plane at LAX were Goldie and Kurt. She'd taken one look around the First Class cabin and immediately exited, dragging Kurt with her.

Apparently, to her, the First Class travelers were the patrons of "Chalmun's Cantina."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182September 4, 2017 11:11 PM

Once sat next to Glenne Headly on a transcontinental flight -- didn't recognize her at first but one of the FAs came over and said hello. So we started talking. She was really sweet, very bright, and actually asked questions about me, was curious about my life, and was basically one of the best seat mates I ever had. We even kept in touch for a bit afterward .I was very saddened to hear of her death recently.

But John Malkovich is a whole other story....

by Anonymousreply 183September 4, 2017 11:19 PM

Last year I saw Alicia Silverstone on an economy flight . Her son was running up and down the aisles, and making a lot of noise. She seemed to be indulging him in it. After several people complained, the flight attendants asked them to stay in their seats and keep down the noise. She was really rude and refused at first, and then did it and loudly said to her son, we have to stay here Bear, becausr of these uptight people.

by Anonymousreply 184September 7, 2017 1:18 AM

I was on Southwest flight this summer with my niece from LA to DC, I immediately recognized Colton Ford in the gate area. I googled him on my phone, looked damn good for 54. Awesome bod, we made eye contact but I got one one of those "LA don"t look at me " looks so I was immediately turned off. He ended up being seated across the aisle from us. Wore beats headphones the whole time. Not mean or nasty , not super friendly either. A wonder to look at. Deep down I thought he must have alot of anxiety , what the fuck does an ex porn star and ex dance music singer in his mid 50s career wise. My saw me looking at him, she ask me if I knew him, I said yes in a sense lol

by Anonymousreply 185September 7, 2017 3:08 AM

[quote]Thanks for listing that clip, [R176]. I'd always suspected Babs Bush was a bitch, but it turns out she's really a first-class cunt.

Well really, to believe the word of a Jew over the former First Lady of the United States.

What is this world coming to?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186September 11, 2017 3:45 AM

My friend and another wonderful former First Lady Mamie Eisenhower warned me many years ago, "You really have to keep an eye on the Negros and the Jews."

I think it was the ONLY thing that cum-sucking Nancy Reagan and I ever agreed on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187September 11, 2017 3:56 AM

Lucille Ball had to fly MGM Grand Air, as she'd been blackballed from most regular commercial carriers.

by Anonymousreply 188September 11, 2017 5:36 AM

Who do I have to fuck around here to get a lukewarm cup of coffee?

America's First Lad of Comedy

by Anonymousreply 189September 11, 2017 6:23 AM

I once boarded a flight next to Willem Dafoe. To confirm it was him I looked at his passport. His real name is William and he's tiny.

I once sat in coach from JFK To St. Lucia one seat away from Mario van Peebles. He was trying to sleep and hanging on an older woman friend who didn't seem like a girlfriend. I was amazed he was traveling in coach trapped in a window seat just before the Xmas holiday on a packed flight.

A good friend got into a fight (words only, no bitch slapping) with Halle Berry who was sitting in front of him in business class. My friend can have an attitude but he said she was arrogant and horrible. It was before she won her (undeserved) Oscar when she was married to that baseball player.

by Anonymousreply 190September 12, 2017 1:42 AM

I once saw Gisele Bundchen in 2004, she was beautiful in person, very tall and lanky. Amazing bone structure.

by Anonymousreply 191August 23, 2018 3:20 PM

R184 I can totally picture Alicia doing that lol

by Anonymousreply 192August 23, 2018 4:02 PM

I don't know if she qualifies as a 'celebrity' but I sat next to the late Mother Teresa on an Air India flight. She kept bitch-slapping the flight attendants for not genuflecting.

by Anonymousreply 193August 23, 2018 4:06 PM

Nasty:

Martin Freeman: RUDE, and ugly to boot.

Nice:

Dannii Minogue - sweet to the autograph hunters, got up to get her own tea etc so she would not bother the cabin staff.

Charlie Sheen - friendly, had surprisingly good manners. Drunk at 8am.

Liam Gallagher: thought he would punch me when I trod on his foot, but he was nonplussed and helped repack the overhead locker so my with my bag.

by Anonymousreply 194August 23, 2018 4:15 PM

Sorry - but that Barbara Bush story does not make me think she’s a bitch. It makes me think Al Franken is an egocentric, pushy, obnoxious boor who needs attention. I would have said the same thing as Bar - and have done so to people who keep aggressively talking to me after I’ve made it clear I have no desire to continue to talking to them, a total stranger. I don’t get people who are so rude and feel like they deserve attention. Of course, I’m a WASP too - but I think it has more to do with assumption of certain social norms. If someone insists on talking to me on an airplane despite nonverbal hints, I think it’s rude. Sometime egotists like that need to be told point blank: shut up and leave me alone.

by Anonymousreply 195August 23, 2018 4:28 PM

[quote] Seth MacFarlane to New York from London. He was accompanied by a woman. I don't know if it was a girlfriend, relative, or assistant. He was looking rough. I'm pretty sure he was hungover. A FA asked if she could have a photograph taken with him. (Asking celebs for photos, autographs, etc. is frowned upon. If they offer, then it's fine.) He snapped at her that he was tired and he just wanted to get some sleep. After take off his companion approached the FA and apologized laughing saying something like, "You know how cranky boys are without their nap." The FA apologized and the companion said it was nothing to worry about and that "they" would make sure she got a photo before the plane got to New York. MacFarlane woke up after a couple of hours of sleep and was very sweet and charming. None of the grumpiness from when he first boarded seemed evident. He posed for photographs with the cabin crew and when the plane got to JFK he made a point of shaking the FA's hand and thanking her.

This never happened. I was so drunk that once I got on that plane I passed out for the entire flight.

by Anonymousreply 196August 23, 2018 4:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!