Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Which celebrities are psychopaths?

Mel Gibson

by Anonymousreply 169August 1, 2019 2:14 PM

William Shatner. Robert Blake.

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2011 4:36 PM

Tammy Cruise

Taylor Lautner (though he seems to have learned to be superficially charming, as many psychopaths do.)

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2011 4:42 PM

Psychopaths R2 not closeted.

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2011 5:03 PM

Sean Young.

Anyone with the surname Kardashian.

Conan O'Brien.

80 per cent of the Real Housewives, city of your choice.

by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2011 5:19 PM

Sarah Paulson

by Anonymousreply 5December 2, 2011 5:25 PM

Anderson Cooper

Lindsay Lohan

Britney Spears

by Anonymousreply 6December 2, 2011 5:45 PM

I don't think bRITNEY sPEARS IS.

by Anonymousreply 7December 2, 2011 6:04 PM

I don't think that words means what you think, R6.

by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2011 6:14 PM

Tom Cruise and Mel Gibson are the only true psychos on the list. Lindsay and Britney are just bipolar messes.

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2011 6:17 PM

I can't diagnose Gibson as a psychopath but I certainly think he's a sadist after watching APOCALYPTO this past weekend. It's one thing to kill off a well-liked character as he's fleeing his killer but did he have to have the arrow go right through the back of his head and out his mouth?

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2011 6:22 PM

Don't think Taylor Lautner belongs on this list.

Yes, he is closeted and a bit paranoid about being outed, but what does that have to do with being a psychopath?

Mel Gibson is a true psychopath because he hates Jews, gays, women, blacks etc. and explodes in rage and fury at these various minorities whenever he is angry.

by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2011 6:22 PM

Tom Sizemore

Harvey Weinstein

Johnathan Rhys Meyers

O.J. Simpson

Tom Cruise

Warren Beatty

Don Simpson (dead)

by Anonymousreply 12December 2, 2011 6:22 PM

Mel Gibson has major psychological issues concerning sexuality, homosexuality, women, religion, sex, Jews, the holocaust, his relationship with his father, the Church etc.

by Anonymousreply 13December 2, 2011 6:24 PM

Prince

KC Armstrong

Mike Tyson

Bai Ling

Paula Abdul

by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2011 6:25 PM

KC Armstrong is a celebrity?

by Anonymousreply 15December 2, 2011 8:42 PM

Suze Orman FTW

by Anonymousreply 16December 2, 2011 8:44 PM

Why does Harvey Weinstein keep winning Oscars if he's a psychopath?

by Anonymousreply 17December 2, 2011 8:49 PM

RE : 17 Cause he threatens everyone in his existince, to vote for his films - or he blacklists / shuns them. Have you ever dealt with him ? I have, and I'm dead !

by Anonymousreply 18December 2, 2011 9:08 PM

Taylor Lautner is too dumb to be a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 19December 2, 2011 10:14 PM

As far as I can tell Johnathan Rhys Meyers isn't a psychopath. He's a tortured soul and a drug addict.

I think some people don't know what a psychopath is.

by Anonymousreply 20December 2, 2011 10:18 PM

"Conan O'Brien."

The psychopath is the one who plots to destroy the other's late night career.

And hi Jay!

by Anonymousreply 21December 2, 2011 10:26 PM

The shorter list would be which ones are normal.

by Anonymousreply 22December 2, 2011 10:31 PM

Charlie Sheen - charming when he needs to be, but no empathy.

by Anonymousreply 23December 2, 2011 10:32 PM

I think we're not clear here on what a psychopath actually is.

"Psychopath" does not simply mean someone who is psychologically disturbed or dishonest. It means someone who fits the clinical diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder. I don't think Britney Spears or Tom Cruise fits the bill. O. J. Simpson, definitely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 2, 2011 10:32 PM

Phil Spector owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 25December 2, 2011 10:35 PM

what about Christian Bale?

psycho or just asshole with rage issues? (and according to some DL posters, he also has weird S&M issues...I remember reading something about how he likes having dom women force him to clean the toilet with a dirty rag and then stuff it in his mouth?).

by Anonymousreply 26December 2, 2011 10:35 PM

"KC Armstrong is a celebrity?"

Don't mind him, [R15]--he's just DL's resident Howard Stern troll getting his daily post in.

by Anonymousreply 27December 2, 2011 10:52 PM

Hi! Bipolar mess here! On meds!

Work in the industry so I kinda have a feel for it (i.e., I understand crazy of all sorts). I must need my head examined (oh wait....I already have).

Paula, Harvey and Bai ring true but there are others who deal with it with drugs and alcohol who appear to be but would be fine if sober.

Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 28December 2, 2011 11:01 PM

I would think psychopaths would be more likely to go into the business end of the performing arts rather than the actual performing end, since they're more interested in fraud, embezzling, etc. than in having a whole lot of attention paid to them.

by Anonymousreply 29December 2, 2011 11:11 PM

Gwyneth Paltrow. Sounds like if she doesn't like you, she tries to turn everyone against you.

by Anonymousreply 30December 2, 2011 11:51 PM

Mel Gibson is not a psychopath. He's a drunkard, most likely a drug addict of some sort, and a product of a screwed up upbringing which has developed into a serious personality defect.

by Anonymousreply 31December 2, 2011 11:57 PM

[quote]I would think psychopaths would be more likely to go into the business end of the performing arts rather than the actual performing end, since they're more interested in fraud, embezzling, etc. than in having a whole lot of attention paid to them.

You actually couldn't be any wronger. Psychopaths are are extreme attention whores and actually often very artistic and creative.

I suspect Quentin Tarantino to be a high functioning, successful psychopath. If worse parents or some kind of worse luck, he would probably do the stuff he is now doing films about.

I agree with Charlie Sheen and Christian Bale. Bale creeps me the fuck out.

by Anonymousreply 32December 3, 2011 12:29 AM

Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 33December 3, 2011 1:07 AM

Courtney Love may be a genuine psychopath. Suspected of murdering her husband, and of embezzling her daughter's inheritance. She may be bipolar as well, she had a public psychotic break a couple of years ago, but that may have been drugs or the sociopathy.

Most celebrities are textbook specimens of Narcissistic Personality Disorder, a disease that can include the kinds of destructive, abusive behavior that we've seen in Mel Gibson and Michael Jackson. Bipolar disorder seems pretty common too, Charlie Sheen and Britney Spears for sure.

by Anonymousreply 34December 3, 2011 1:52 AM

r33 Totally!!!

by Anonymousreply 35December 3, 2011 2:05 AM

Christian Bale

by Anonymousreply 36December 3, 2011 2:23 AM

Anne Heche

by Anonymousreply 37December 3, 2011 3:22 AM

Sharon Stone?

by Anonymousreply 38December 3, 2011 8:51 AM

I second Phil Spector.

by Anonymousreply 39December 3, 2011 9:01 AM

r32, you may have something there. Being a performer gives a disordered personality a lot more behavioral wiggle room than a conventional career. If you're a money-making star who delivers the goods, or just somebody with connections, a lot of tendencies are overlooked that would be serious handicaps in the workaday world, like substance addictions, temper tantrums and an inability to get along with coworkers in a sane and reasonable manner.

by Anonymousreply 40December 3, 2011 12:10 PM

Mel is misunderstood..

by Anonymousreply 41December 3, 2011 12:14 PM

Tom Cruise could be a psychopath. He's trying his damnest to act like he has true emotions but everything he does just seems... wrong.

by Anonymousreply 42December 3, 2011 3:13 PM

cRusty Crowe

by Anonymousreply 43December 3, 2011 3:15 PM

Plus, (Tom told this story to Conan O'Brien, or some other talk show host) there was the incident during which he turned off the oxygen supply to some guy he had as a passenger in some private aircraft he was flying. The guy lost consciousness because of this, and when Tom told Conan (or someone about this) he just couldn't stop laughing. Like it was the funniest thing he had ever experienced.

Gave me the chills.

by Anonymousreply 44December 3, 2011 3:18 PM

Plus (again): The movie "The American Psycho" - The first time I saw this I though the Patrick Bateman character was just like Tom Cruise.

Christian Bale told afterwards that he actually did base the character on his image of Tom Cruise.

Another psychopath: David Miscavige. This guy has no emotions at all, except narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 45December 3, 2011 3:22 PM

That's creepy R44. That guy should have pressed charges.

by Anonymousreply 46December 3, 2011 5:24 PM

Nobody can top this one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 3, 2011 5:36 PM

Captain Kangaree was a pscho. Oy vey! The way he degraded Mr. Green Jeans and Bunny Rabbit. The stories i could tell.

by Anonymousreply 48December 3, 2011 5:43 PM

Shauna Hughes Taylor Ford Armstrong

by Anonymousreply 49December 3, 2011 6:00 PM

It would be handy if people differentiated between psychopaths and celebrities with profound psychological disorders. As a researcher, I prefer to distinguish between psychopaths and sociopaths.

Weinstein and Spector seem to be sociopaths.

O.J. Simpson, Cruise, Madonna, Michael Jackson, perhaps Elvis Presley, perhaps Marilyn Monroe may fall into the "psychopath" category.

by Anonymousreply 50December 3, 2011 7:51 PM

Marilyn Monroe???

I thought she was BPD or bipolar, not a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 51December 3, 2011 7:59 PM

Dancing Bear kited checks!

by Anonymousreply 52December 3, 2011 9:08 PM

Britney Spears is mentally ill but seems to have proper help and guidance at this point in her life. I do not see how she is a psychopath at all, she is just mentally ill. I am not even one for her music, btw.

Courtney Love owns this thread, though. She has no sense of caring toward anyone, least of all herself.

by Anonymousreply 53December 3, 2011 9:14 PM

Courtney Love's family have stated they believe her to be a psychopath.

I think Ray Sharkey was a psychopath. He didn't disclose his AIDS diagnosis to either his wife or his mistress, and when the mistress contracted HIV she sued him. Even as he was dying from AIDS complications, he swore he never infected her.

by Anonymousreply 54December 3, 2011 9:21 PM

Marilyn Monroe was not a psychopath. Mental and emotional problems, yes, but she was far too caring and easily manipulated by bad men to be a psycho.

by Anonymousreply 55December 3, 2011 9:26 PM

R50, do you classify them the way I believe Robert Hare does (as I understand it) psychopath = nature vs. sociopath = nurture?

I've felt some of the most outrageous conservatives must be one or the other, like Coulter (who once dated an FBI profiler), Limbaugh, Gingrich, and their spiritual guru, Ayn Rand.

by Anonymousreply 56December 3, 2011 9:31 PM

Suri Cruse. She's a crazy little bitch...

by Anonymousreply 57December 3, 2011 9:45 PM

R55, you seem to think that the term "psychopath" lends invulnerability or an incapacity to display emotion. No. It is not a value judgment. Psychopathology does not mean a person is going to eat children. Also, it is condition that can exist in conjunction with others in a complex of disordered psychology.

Monroe (and I know my suggestion is controversial and quite possibly incorrect) appeared at her core to be unreachable and detached, despite a highly developed capacity to appear connected to others. Her neediness ultimately appeared both transactional and unfulfilling. She drew people to her but there was a cunning in it; at the same time her being lost to herself in a fundamental way meant her coping strategies were ineffective. I think her early traumas gravely wounded her.

Yes, R56, something like that. I know the distinctions are glossed over by most but I see value in Lykken's approach, among others. It may be, too, that I focus on expression overmuch, but I see links between the two disorders and how they play out behaviorally.

I've wondered about Courtney Love, but I don't know much about her background - some of these people almost seem to have "acquired psychopathology" and I didn't know what her full story was. Meaning how much was related to the drug use.

by Anonymousreply 58December 4, 2011 8:17 AM

Jennifer Jason Leigh

Kristen Wiig

Angus T. Jones

Mary-Kate Olsen

Zac Posen

by Anonymousreply 59December 4, 2011 11:35 AM

From everything I've read, Naomi Campbell exhibits all the traits.

by Anonymousreply 60December 4, 2011 3:27 PM

[quote]O.J. Simpson, Cruise, Madonna, Michael Jackson, perhaps Elvis Presley, perhaps Marilyn Monroe may fall into the "psychopath" category.

Remove Marilyn, Madonna and Elvis. Marilyn had to be a manic depressive while Elvis and Madonna were/are extreme narcissists. None of these three ever did anything to really harm or threaten a person.

by Anonymousreply 61December 4, 2011 3:38 PM

RE : 60 - No, just a nasty, entitled, freaking bitch

by Anonymousreply 62December 5, 2011 11:58 PM

R50/58 - the nature vs. nurture comparison kinda begs the question as to when bad nurturing over generations becomes atavistic i.e. "nature."

by Anonymousreply 63December 6, 2011 12:16 AM

probably people in the media, politics and business/wall street beat all of these people

by Anonymousreply 64December 6, 2011 12:24 AM

"Monroe (and I know my suggestion is controversial and quite possibly incorrect) appeared at her core to be unreachable and detached, despite a highly developed capacity to appear connected to others. Her neediness ultimately appeared both transactional and unfulfilling."

But aren't people with BPD tortured by both extreme neediness, and a feeling of inner emptiness?

Really, if this is your field, could you talk about her symptoms being a better match for BPD or pschycopathy? TIA.

by Anonymousreply 65December 6, 2011 1:47 AM

Honestly, Tom Cruise is one of the few celebrities where if someone told me they had bodies under the floorboards somewhere in their past, I wouldn't have trouble believing them.

There was a story he told in an interview a couple of years ago about sharing cabs with prostitutes and their johns or something like that, and everything about it was off and creepy.

by Anonymousreply 66December 6, 2011 2:15 AM

sarah paulson

by Anonymousreply 67December 28, 2011 7:35 PM

Most of you don't know what a psychopath is.

Most likely:

Charlie Sheen Christian Bale

likely: Tom Cruise

With celebrities the most accurate way to speculate about possible APD is analyzing their understanding of emotional semantics.

None of us speculating can be absolutely right.

by Anonymousreply 68March 20, 2012 5:56 PM

[quote]KC Armstrong

Is this a joke? Please, tell me it is.

KC Armstrong is not a celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 69March 20, 2012 5:58 PM

Errol Flynn.

by Anonymousreply 70March 31, 2012 12:10 AM

Beyonce. Walking around with a doll for attention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71March 31, 2012 12:33 AM

Betty Buckley takes this prize hands down!

by Anonymousreply 72April 1, 2012 5:44 PM

Roseanne Barr

by Anonymousreply 73April 1, 2012 5:51 PM

Why so many votes for Bale? I understand he has anger issues but I dont see any other psychotic traits...he even wanted to see some man in China who is in prison and he couldnt get in so him and a CNN team tried to talk to the guards but didnt get anywhere.

I red about him and the DOM shit, but from my personal experience ALOT of HWOOD pople are into dom games etc...I think they only do it because it seems edgy, I always thought Domination games died of in the 90´s...I was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 74April 1, 2012 6:51 PM

There is a gross misunderstanding of personality disorders on here and in the general public. And a particular confusion between Narcissism and Sociopathology. The DSM-IV itself has been recently revised to reflect a change in how personality disorder and psychopathology is viewed.

Here are three important things to keep in mind:

1. A personality disorder is just the psychological term for "hopeless asshole".

2. Think of guilt as a line from A to B. A being too much guilt, and B being to little. Neurotics would be on the left near point A, and Psychopaths would be farthest to the right near B. With Narcissistic Personality Disorder somewhere much closer to B than A.

3. All anti social types of personality disorders are defined by a pathological inability to feel guilt or empathy. In the case of the psychopath it is not merely pathological, it is neurological. They are literally wired differently than the rest of us with inferior function in the hemispheres controlling conscientiousness.

Now, narcissism is basically a slavish adherence to appearances, pathological self centeredness, grandiosity, lack of empathy, and other traits. All psychopaths have narcissistic traits, but some more than others. But narcissists aren't psychopaths.

Some of the people listed are addicts like Lohan, emotionally dead children of of a mother who is a Narcissist and "emotional vampire" like the Kardashians, or actual Narcissists like Kim Kardashian, her mother, or Tom Cruise. Charlie Sheen suffers/suffered from hypo mania, a situational form of bi-polar disorder. Some people listed are just people that bother us.

Narcissists are easiest found in Hollywood or Politics or anywhere fame is given without merit. Hence the only study on narcissism revealing that Reality Show contestants, especially females, are off the charts. Psychopaths are found in Wall Street, behind the scenes of politics and religion unfortunately.

A study was recently done that showed that there was a higher percentage of psychopathic personalities in CEO's than prison inmates. That is the alarming irony. In this celebrity obsessed culture we focus on narcissists, damaged addicts and sometimes just mild jerks. When the inmates are truly running the asylum of capitalism. Hence the financial crisis.

So. A more genuine list is :

Saddam Hussein

OJ Simpson

Dick Cheney

Rupert Murdoch

Angelo Mozillo (financial crisis)

Dick Fuld (financial Crisis)

Fred Phelps (Westboro Baptist Church aka "God Hates Fags" Etc)

Senator Mitch McConnell

Ayn Rand (writer)

L. Ron Hubbard (writer)

Rush Limbaugh

I'd say, for the money. You can't do any better than Grover Norquist or Rupert Murdoch for examples of how much damage a sociopath can do behind the scenes.

Narcissists :

Paris Hilton

Kim Kardashian

Tom Cruise

Ingrid Newkirk (P.E.T.A.)

Omarosa

Courtney Love

Axl Rose

Bill O Reilly (Malignant Narcissist)

Rush Limbaugh

by Anonymousreply 75November 4, 2012 12:01 PM

There is a gross misunderstanding of personality disorders on here and in the general public. And a particular confusion between Narcissism and Sociopathology. The DSM-IV itself has been recently revised to reflect a change in how personality disorder and psychopathology is viewed.

Here are three important things to keep in mind:

1. A personality disorder is just the psychological term for "asshole".

2. Think of guilt as a line from A to B. A being too much guilt, and B being to little. Neurotics would be on the left near point A, and Psychopaths would be farthest to the right near B. With Narcissistic Personality Disorder somewhere much closer to B than A.

3. All anti social types of personality disorders are defined by a pathological inability to feel guilt or empathy. In the case of the psychopath it is not merely pathological, it is neurological. They are literally wired differently than the rest of us with inferior function in the hemispheres controlling conscientiousness.

Now, narcissism is basically a slavish adherence to appearances, self centeredness, grandiosity, lack of empathy, and other traits. Most if not all personality disorders have aspects of narcissism in them, some are more hopeless than others. All psychopaths have narcissistic traits, but some more than others. But narcissists aren't psychopaths.

Some of the people listed are addicts like Lohan, emotionally dead children of of a mother who is a Narcissist and "emotional vampire" like the Kardashians, or actual Narcissists like Kim Kardashian, her mother, or Tom Cruise. Charlie Sheen suffers/suffered from hypo mania, a situational form of bi-polar disorder. Some people listed are just people that bother us.

Narcissists are easiest found in Hollywood or Politics or anywhere fame is given without merit. Hence the only study on narcissism revealing that Reality Show contestants, especially females, are off the charts. Psychopaths are found in Wall Street, behind the scenes of politics and religion unfortunately.

A study was recently done that showed that there was a higher percentage of psychopathic personalities in CEO's than prison inmates. That is the alarming irony. In this celebrity obsessed culture we focus on narcissists, damaged addicts and sometimes just mild jerks. When the inmates are truly running the asylum of capitalism. Hence the financial crisis.

So. A more genuine list is :

Saddam Hussein

OJ Simpson

Dick Cheney

Rupert Murdoch

Angelo Mozillo (financial crisis)

Dick Fuld (financial Crisis)

Fred Phelps (Westboro Baptist Church aka "God Hates Fags" Etc)

Senator Mitch McConnell

Ayn Rand (writer)

L. Ron Hubbard (writer)

Rush Limbaugh

I'd say, for the money. You can't do any better than Grover Norquist or Rupert Murdoch for examples of how much damage a sociopath can do behind the scenes.

Narcissists :

Paris Hilton

Kim Kardashian

Tom Cruise

Ingrid Newkirk (P.E.T.A.)

Omarosa

Courtney Love

Axl Rose

Bill O Reilly (Malignant Narcissist)

Rush Limbaugh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76November 4, 2012 12:13 PM

Sean Penn

by Anonymousreply 77November 4, 2012 12:19 PM

R59 - Jennifer Jason Leigh is the most random choice ever for a celebrity psychopath. She played a convincing nutjob in Single White Female and is known to be very quiet, private, keeps to herself on film sets, no reported tantrums or meltdowns since she started working in the early 80s. Tom Cruise, Courtney Love, Halle Berry, Mel Gibson... those are celebrity psychopaths, not JJL.

by Anonymousreply 78November 4, 2012 12:29 PM

If you've ever met a psychopath, you know it's something completely different than narcissistic personality or bipolar disorder. You can tell right away there's something seriously wrong with them. Narcissists and bipolar people tend to be selfish and inconsiderate of others, but they come across as more or less normal most of the time. Psychopaths are much, much more reckless, impulsive and dangerous. They are actively destructive and have no conscience or empathy whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 79November 4, 2012 12:58 PM

I see your point R79 (and mostly agree), but how does that account for those psychopaths who are very calculating, manipulative and strategic planners, rather than reckless or impulsive?

by Anonymousreply 80November 4, 2012 1:03 PM

I think perhaps some of these examples are sociopaths rather than psychopaths.

by Anonymousreply 81November 4, 2012 8:53 PM

Do you think Chris Brown is a sociopath?

The entertainment business is full of narcissits, but he seems to be something very different.

by Anonymousreply 82November 4, 2012 9:00 PM

Aretha Franklin

by Anonymousreply 83November 4, 2012 9:05 PM

How about old comic actor Peter Sellars? He seemed wierdly disconnected offscreen, and discarded wives and children when they were no longer useful to him. He left his daughter with 70s starlet Britt Ecklund $2000 in his will, and she later became a prostitute.

by Anonymousreply 84November 4, 2012 9:10 PM

Mel Gibson, O.J.Simpson

I'd add Mitt Romney but he's merely a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 85November 4, 2012 9:22 PM

Let's leave Republican politicians and Wall Street types out of this, since they're ALL psychopaths.

For actual entertainment celebrities, the ones I think who are genuinely psychopaths would be:

OJ Simpson

Robert Blake

Phil Spector

Charlie Sheen

Christian Bale

Tom Cruise

Harvey Weinstein

Russell Crowe

Chris Brown

The following, I think, have borderline personality disorder:

Courtney Love

Tom Sizemore

Prince

Winona Ryder

Joaquin Phoenix

Roseanne Barr

Faye Dunaway

Naomi Campbell

Lindsay Lohan

by Anonymousreply 86November 4, 2012 9:23 PM

Faye Dunaway

by Anonymousreply 87November 4, 2012 9:33 PM

As many have said people don't seem to understand the definition of a sociopath. Here are the criteria:

Glibness and superficial charm Manipulative and conning Grandiose sense of self Pathological lying Lack of remorse, shame or guilt Shallow emotions Incapacity for love Need for stimulation lack of empathy Poor impulse control Early behavior problems Criminal versatility Promiscuous sexual behavior Irresponsibility

Ted Bundy is a good example. He fooled a lot of people. Men and women both liked him. I can't think of any celebrities who fit the criteria.

by Anonymousreply 88November 4, 2012 9:39 PM

If I'd known it was going to print out like that I'd have used commas but you can probably figure it out.

by Anonymousreply 89November 4, 2012 9:43 PM

Andy Dick is a druggie and an alky but I think he also has some psycho floating in there too.

by Anonymousreply 90November 4, 2012 10:01 PM

Mel Gibson, Ryan O Neal for sure

by Anonymousreply 91November 4, 2012 10:12 PM

Jack Nicholson

by Anonymousreply 92November 4, 2012 10:22 PM

Agree with R75, but throw in Bernie Madoff, Ken Lay, and Jeffrey Skilling. You can see it in their eyes in interviews. Dick Fuld literally looks down in his nose, and Madoff smirks.

by Anonymousreply 93November 4, 2012 11:25 PM

Let's add poor Marie Osmond to the list

by Anonymousreply 94November 5, 2012 2:02 AM

Lindsay Lohan, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Morrissey.

by Anonymousreply 95November 21, 2012 10:51 AM

Margot Kidder too!

by Anonymousreply 96November 21, 2012 11:02 AM

No one has mentioned Arnold Swarzenegger??

by Anonymousreply 97November 21, 2012 12:04 PM

[quote]Suze Orman FTW

What makes you say that, out of curiosity? Is it that crazed look emanating from behind her eyes?

by Anonymousreply 98November 21, 2012 12:05 PM

"No one has mentioned Arnold Swarzenegger??"

I think he's a raging narcissist, not a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 99November 21, 2012 4:57 PM

Julianne Moore ... seriously.

by Anonymousreply 100November 22, 2012 6:15 AM

R86, why Christian Bale?

BTW, a psychologist friend of mine says people with BPD can get better with treatment, but sociopaths almost never do, as they simply don't see a problem with the way they behave.

by Anonymousreply 101November 22, 2012 6:43 AM

I think Nicholson is a criminal - a rapist and pedophile. I don't know if that makes him a psycho.

I'd guess Tom Cruise and all US Presidents are deeply disturbed.

by Anonymousreply 102November 22, 2012 6:53 AM

Aretha Franklin. Batshit crazy, narcissitic, psychopathic bitch cunt

by Anonymousreply 103November 22, 2012 7:30 AM

How is Prince borderline? He has longtime work relationships, and may be as idiosyncratic as most performers, but of all the 80s stars, he seems to be the ONLY one who even appears to have their shit together.

by Anonymousreply 104November 22, 2012 3:03 PM

Ashlee Simpson, CUNT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105November 22, 2012 3:19 PM

Kate Gosselin

by Anonymousreply 106November 22, 2012 3:20 PM

R102 - why is nicholson a rapist and a pedophile?

by Anonymousreply 107December 4, 2012 3:45 PM

DRUNKsana Baiul...batshit crazy...do you see how she DRESSES?

by Anonymousreply 108December 4, 2012 4:01 PM

I don't think most of these are psychopaths so much as sociopaths and with serious narcissistic personality disorder.

Tom Cruise is definitely a sociopath who possibly suffers from manic episodes. I don't think he knows about how "real" people feel and merely mimics what he thinks they do which is why he always comes across as insincere. The Oprah couch jumping episode is a classic example.

by Anonymousreply 109December 4, 2012 4:14 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 110December 19, 2012 5:14 AM

Definitely Errol Flynn as sociopath/malignant narcissist. Horrible childhood not often discussed.

by Anonymousreply 111December 19, 2012 5:31 AM

Anne Heche.

by Anonymousreply 112December 19, 2012 5:46 AM

you people have no clue,do you?

why throw around terms you have no clue about? psychopaths are usually very successful people(there is a monopoly on attracting psychopaths in business and finance),great at manipulation,and are just feeling-void,because the emotion part of the brain just does not work.

the only person i can name at once is madonna.

those mean people that act funny,use drugs and go into fits of rage are not necessarily a psychopath.

psychopaths are born that way,you can't become one,and there is no fix.there is an open question how many there are.they are like gays.

cretinous phags you lot

by Anonymousreply 113December 19, 2012 6:03 AM

But, R113, even experts disagree as to what constitutes a psychopath or a sociopath, etc.

Sometimes all one can do is kind of "throw around terms." Even those who work in social science fields. Hell, the DSM is most useful for insurance purposes, not because behavioral health issues are so compartmentalized and consistent.

I think we're using "psychopath" loosely and not literally...to refer to people who regularly exhibit one or more disruptive or disturbing personality traits.

by Anonymousreply 114December 19, 2012 6:18 AM

[quote]Sarah Paulson

WOO!

by Anonymousreply 115December 19, 2012 6:22 AM

R114 I think we're using "psychopath" loosely and not literally...to refer to people who regularly exhibit one or more disruptive or disturbing personality traits

that is why we have names for behavioral disorders-avoidant,shizoid,bipolar and so on

they have NOTHING to do with psychopathy

and a lot of people act funny cause of the stress,you don't need to name some illness you don't understand to define them.live a little.

by Anonymousreply 116December 19, 2012 2:15 PM

"Live a little" says the poster who just named Madonna as an example of a psychopath.

Take your own advice dude.

by Anonymousreply 117December 19, 2012 2:23 PM

R117 i meant don't be so furiously labeling untill you were in shitty life situations and see how you cope.

and why madonna cant be a psychopath?she fits the profile.

by Anonymousreply 118December 19, 2012 2:33 PM

R118, Everyone furiously labels. Perhaps no one is more guilty of that than psychiatrists.

by Anonymousreply 119December 19, 2012 2:38 PM

Agree with R119.

by Anonymousreply 120December 19, 2012 2:40 PM

Susan Howard

by Anonymousreply 121December 19, 2012 2:41 PM

Quentin Tarantino. Just watch his appearance on the Graham Norton show and you'd understand.

by Anonymousreply 122January 26, 2013 2:13 PM

You people are retarded and have no idea what a psychopath is. Mel Gibson goes on a tirade bashing Jews - so he's a bigot, not a psychopath. Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan, Kardashians -- all unfounded speculation.

Refer to the merriam webster dictionary you retards and stop spewing vomit onto your computer screens.

by Anonymousreply 123March 27, 2013 6:32 AM

NELSON SILVA de AlBUFEIRA, PORTUGAL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124July 2, 2013 9:41 AM

Bill Maher

by Anonymousreply 125July 2, 2013 2:38 PM

Interesting ... I didn't see one well known name mentioned ... what about "Queen" Oprah Winfrey?

I personally think she's a classic narcissist who has cleverly managed to fool the masses.

by Anonymousreply 126July 13, 2013 4:45 AM

Joe Francis.

by Anonymousreply 127July 13, 2013 5:37 AM

Frank Sinatra

by Anonymousreply 128July 13, 2013 5:38 AM

Shirley MacLaine.

And anybody who follows $cientology.

by Anonymousreply 129July 13, 2013 7:01 AM

Roseanne Barr

by Anonymousreply 130July 13, 2013 9:12 AM

I've always liked Conan O'Brien, even had a little crush on him back in the day. That documentary about him was so disappointing, because he came off as a huge jerk. Still, I wouldn't say he's a psycho based on that, do you know something we don't, r4?

by Anonymousreply 131July 13, 2013 9:37 AM

IMO;

Omarosa is a psychopath.

Donald Trump is more of a textbook Narcissist.

DT keeps Omarosa around because they both feed off of the drama. She's too crazy-stupid to figure out Trump is exploiting her for ratings. Trump enjoys watching the drama she creates, just like any other narcissist. So, really, why would he get rid of her like any normal person would have done right after the first show aired. Trump is one sick pup.

Omarosa also fabricated the story about getting married to Michael Clarke Duncan. There wasn't going to be any wedding. Prior to his death he was going to end what very little they had together, but intensely feared her repercussions. She made that relationship out to be much more than it really was. But then, ... ALL socios/psychos/narcs are pathological liars.

Joe Guidice on that mindless, idiotic RHONJ Reality Show is a psychopath, and his wife Theresa Gorga-Guidice is a narcissist.

Ramona Singer on RHO of NY is a textbook psychopath. Her sycophant hubby goes along with her for the prestige, sex, fame, money.

Joan Rivers is a fame-whore narcissist who feeds of off her daughter Melissa's positive energy ...like a typical emotional vampire.

Joan does some outrageous and nasty things to Melissa and has no respect for her daughters feelings or privacy - none. If it weren't for Joan's $$$fortune$$$, Melissa would have estranged herself from Joan long ago.

IMO, Melissa Rivers is both a sycophant and a co-dependent (redundant?) to her NPD mother, Joan. She's agitated and depleted, instead of upbeat and energized, whenever her crazy, life-sucking, energy-draining mother Joan is around her.

And, next, Larry Ellison (Oracle Corp) classic narcissist.

Oh, and IMO, Ted Turner is also a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 132July 13, 2013 4:17 PM

Joe Jackson is one of the world's worst, I'd say 'Top 10 Psychopaths', who should be in prison or on death-row.

Joe allowed four powerful showbiz men, who promised him big favors in return, to go ahead and have 'their way' with Michael, meaning rape Michael. He was 7 years old.

This occurred in a hotel room where they were staying when MJ and Joe were on the road, and he was 'up and coming', very early in his career.

MJ said he didn't understand why his dad was coaxing him into a hotel room with these four strange men and then left him alone with them.

He said he sensed something wasn't right and was scared and then found out after the door closed and locked. He was violently raped while Joe was relaxing in the next Hotel room. That story made me cry.

MJ had openly talked about this trauma in the 1990's, and then one of his sisters openly mentioned this crime a few years later. So, I doubt it's a vicious rumor. They also said that Joe had molested them and then lied.

Who would allow a child rape to occur?

And, what kind of a father arranges his little boy's sexual assault and rape? ... especially by 4 men in a hotel room in exchange for a few showbiz favors. Perhaps a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 133July 14, 2013 12:50 AM

Matt Lauer = psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 134July 14, 2013 1:08 AM

Mel Gibson is another textbook narcissist, not a psychopath. His rants to his Russian ex should be in the textbooks under "narcissistic rage".

by Anonymousreply 135July 14, 2013 5:49 AM

I've thought for years now that Chris Brown was a sociopath. Same with Mel Gibson. I'm sure others will come to mind later.

by Anonymousreply 136July 15, 2013 4:22 AM

Sociopathic/Psychopathic Politicians;

The Clintons

John Edwards Elliot Spitzer Anthony Weiner

to name a few of many.

I also agree Matt Lauer is a psychopath.

People with either of these mental illnesses will cut a guest/speaker off right in mid-sentence if they dare mention psychopath or sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 137July 18, 2013 1:02 AM

Very insightful, R137.

by Anonymousreply 138October 30, 2013 3:52 AM

Woody Allen

by Anonymousreply 139November 8, 2013 5:59 PM

Kanye West

by Anonymousreply 140November 23, 2013 12:46 PM

I don't think psychopath means what you think it means. NONE of these people are true psychopaths. Sociopaths, maybe. And even that is stretching it. Extreme narcissists is more likely.

by Anonymousreply 141November 23, 2013 12:51 PM

Abraham, Moses, Buddha, Jesus, Mohammed, Paul of Tarsus, Martin Luther, John Calvin, Ignatius Loyola, Helena Blavatsky, Aleister Crowley, Dali Lama, L. Ron Hubbard, almost all televangelists.

by Anonymousreply 142November 23, 2013 1:40 PM

Nancy grace , charlie sheen, lance armstrong , carl lewis, mike tyson, dennis rodman!

by Anonymousreply 143February 6, 2014 5:05 AM

Amanda Knox.

Just kidding.

No really. Have you seen that interview???

by Anonymousreply 144February 6, 2014 4:04 PM

Do you people know what a psychopath is? Someone on here said something to the effect "If he's a psychopath, how does he keep winning oscars?" this is the stupid question I've ever heard. Not all psychopaths are axe murders; many are highly intelligent, charming, glib, manipulative, practical, pragmatic and logical. I happen to be a psychopath, and I'm not an axe murder who goes into fully psychotic rages. Do your research people before you go labeling others.

by Anonymousreply 145April 10, 2014 8:15 PM

Julia Roberts. She made threats to hurt people who dated someone she never met. Ouch. She is a sociopath. I almost called LAPD on her. Charlie Path. That man is nuts.

Mel Gibson. My mom is afraid of him. I am too. Everyone in Hollywood is a sociopath. Steven Speilburg, Carrie Fisher. Crazy

by Anonymousreply 146October 5, 2014 1:16 AM

Barack Obama, Tony Blair and Mr fallon

by Anonymousreply 147January 4, 2015 10:58 PM

How does Gibson get work?

by Anonymousreply 148January 4, 2015 11:13 PM

Alan Dershowitz, user of sex slaves and celebrity lawyer to other celebrities who use sex slaves.

by Anonymousreply 149January 4, 2015 11:15 PM

OK. OK. Since people are coming up with more and more ridiculous suggestions for psychopaths, I'm going to say Julie Andrews. Her performance in "The Sound of Music" had psychopath written all over it.

by Anonymousreply 150January 4, 2015 11:26 PM

Alan Dershowitz is a very good example.

by Anonymousreply 151January 4, 2015 11:36 PM

Weird Al Yankovic.

by Anonymousreply 152January 4, 2015 11:43 PM

Sarah Palin

by Anonymousreply 153January 4, 2015 11:54 PM

Alan Dershowitz is high psychopathy traits.

The psychopath has an emptiness about them, a kind of inner void where compassion and warm and fellow-feeling usually exist.

by Anonymousreply 154January 5, 2015 12:43 AM

[quote] fellow-feeling

Haha! What's that. Seems fake.

by Anonymousreply 155January 5, 2015 12:46 AM

It's a well known synonym for empathy, R155?

by Anonymousreply 156January 5, 2015 12:53 AM

SO glad to see this bumped, with the revelations of Bill Cosby's startling psychopathology coming out.

by Anonymousreply 157January 5, 2015 12:55 AM

Clive Davis....

by Anonymousreply 158February 16, 2015 5:57 AM

Almost all of them. Especially the limousine liberal ones.

by Anonymousreply 159February 16, 2015 6:42 AM

"I would think psychopaths would be more likely to go into the business end of the performing arts rather than the actual performing end, since they're more interested in fraud, embezzling, etc. than in having a whole lot of attention paid to them."

This is rank speculation. No such individual could exist in the industry. Or, if such a person did exist, they would certainly not be in any responsible position.

by Anonymousreply 160February 16, 2015 7:41 AM

Dersh isn't a psychopath, nor is he a sociopath. He's a bit of an egomaniac and has a touch of narcissism but not much more than the average highly successful person.

You should pay more attention to the comment upthread noting that "personality disorder" is a psychological term for hopeless asshole. That's what most of the people mentioned in this thread actually are, along with a number of narcissists.

by Anonymousreply 161February 16, 2015 8:26 AM

"I would think psychopaths would be more likely to go into the business end of the performing arts rather than the actual performing "

It's true, performing has tremendous appeal to people with narcissistic personality disorder, less for psychopaths. But a famous performer can get away with anything, even decades of rapes, and the lack of conscience is a huge advantage when building a career.

by Anonymousreply 162February 16, 2015 2:21 PM

There are psychopaths and sociopaths in EVERY field. From retail queens to the top of every industry.

Of all the industries, the financial industry has the greatest concentration of sociopaths psychopaths and personality disordered people. Wall Street is a fucking loony bin with money.

Close second are psychiatrists and surgeons followed by teachers and nurses.

Actors and Hollywood power players come in third.

by Anonymousreply 163February 16, 2015 2:35 PM

I used to be married to a doctor, and when he was in medical school, the ones who went into psychiatry were the most f*cked up themselves. One was a woman who was still fending off inappropriate behavior from her father. Part of her training required being in analysis herself for six months and she never mentioned it in analysis. Another guy was so obviously closeted, as you say, purses flew from his mouth every time he opened it. He was engaged (to a woman) when we knew him. He became a shrink too.

by Anonymousreply 164February 16, 2015 2:50 PM

So, not even a grunt or a nod toward the atomic bomb that R133 dropped? Even if it isn't true - the fact that it's plausible is jolting enough.

by Anonymousreply 165February 17, 2015 2:07 AM

R165, those rumors about Michael and Joe Jackson and the music industry bigwigs have been around for years. In some versions, Joe raped little Michael himself, as well as some of the daughters. So yes, I think it's highly likely that Joe Jackson was... IS a sociopath.

And he may not be the only one in the family. Leaving out Michael's issues, there are also old rumors that one or more of the older brothers fucked Michael, as a way of maintaining their dominance over a little brother who was the big star of the act. There's also the more recent rumor that one or more of the Jackson brothers was trying to get it on with Paris Jackson, as a way of getting control over her and her money. Last I heard, she was desperate to get away from those creeps and live with her mother, and I hope that's where she is now. I mean her mother's an awful human being, but she won't rape the girl.

by Anonymousreply 166February 17, 2015 3:02 AM

Angelina Jolie, Tom Cruise, OJ Simpson, Mark Wahlberg, Woody Allen, Johnny Depp, Oprah, Kanye West, Mel Gibson

by Anonymousreply 167February 17, 2015 3:26 AM

Alec Baldwin.

Mel Gibson.

Mark Wahlberg

GOOP

Kirk Cameron.

O.J. Simpson

All the Kardashians!.

by Anonymousreply 168February 17, 2015 3:42 AM

For sure: Asia Argento (professional victim and at the same time, a sex offender) Shia LaBeouf (complete psycho, beat his ex, always desesperate for attention) Coutney Love (a hundred times a reckless psychopath)

Others Kardashians, very likely their father was a psychopath too Woody Allen (sex offender, talent says nothing of character, really) The Clintons, of course, pretty much... 50% of all politicians at the very least

by Anonymousreply 169August 1, 2019 2:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!