Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ronni Chasen

I know the Scientology angle seems attractive, but don't forget her brother Larry Cohen and her recent employers the Zanucks have just as much pull around town. Maybe there was something else to it.

by Anonymousreply 366June 25, 2021 1:22 PM

Theories I remember hearing:

The brother was behind it over gambling debts.

The niece had some kind of fight going on with Ronni.

Also there was something about the mafia and art, blah, blah, blah etc.

by Anonymousreply 1November 28, 2011 8:10 PM

I don't recall hearing anything at the time of her murder about Scientology -- it was all talk of stolen paintings or a gal she hid from a Russian Mob boss.

by Anonymousreply 2November 28, 2011 8:16 PM

I think the Scientology angle was introduced because Travolta was a longtime client and because the BHPD chief had some sort of connection to Scientology.

by Anonymousreply 3November 28, 2011 8:25 PM

The behavior of the police still leaves me gobsmacked, but worse was how meekly the press eventually turned over and shut-up about it.

by Anonymousreply 4November 28, 2011 9:54 PM

I found this posted in a comment on a deadline.com article

We have reason to believe that Ms. Chasen had a celebrity client who had a person that was (and is) very angry with them regarding a mutually known woman, partly over money, but more over obsession. Ms. Chasen was insulating the client from the angry party, and taking the heat on both sides. The contract against Ms. Chasen was a message to the celebrity that the game was over. The celebrity is now in hiding with full surveilance. The woman has now fled the country. The suicide gunman was a decoy, and the real gunman- working for the hire, got paid well by his boss and is also now out of the country, and now being hired to find the woman. The celebrity is also now in great danger. Thank goodness you readers, public here were smart enough to know BS when you heard it.

After reading this for some reason my brain went to Harvey Weinstein. Don't know why but he popped into my head.

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2011 1:31 AM

It's not like she had any reason to live. All for the best.

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2011 1:38 AM

R5 - when was this comment posted?

by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2011 1:41 AM

Harvey Weinstein as the killer or the celebrity?

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2011 1:42 AM

People who kill:

Lovers

Business Partners

Family

I believe it was a combo of #s one and two. Whatever it was, it was personal.

by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2011 1:58 AM

R9, When it's a case of lovers, it's usually the lover that does the killing.

A hitman usually means money. So I would go with numbers 2 or 3.

by Anonymousreply 10December 3, 2011 2:06 AM

Ronni know what why.

by Anonymousreply 11December 3, 2011 3:11 AM

Justice for Ronni!

by Anonymousreply 12December 3, 2011 5:32 AM

Was this case ever solved?

by Anonymousreply 13July 25, 2013 4:37 AM

Now this would make a good movie script.

Is BH and BHPD still extremely racist? Was once thinking of moving to BH and was told that under no circumstances good any Black, no matter how wealthy or educated, could visit. Didn't move.

R3, What was BHPD connection to Scieno, or was it the latter's large donations to re-election campaigns?

by Anonymousreply 14July 25, 2013 5:05 AM

R5, Read something similar attributed to a "psychic" and a winner of a top psychic award.

Could Chasen have put together a series of movie deals, involving financing from nefarious sources, including (internat'l) Mob or drug money, and a girl who was desired by someone powerful said "no," and then the financier didn't get any of the payoff either? Perhaps stolen art was the bond or insurance.

Do believe the professional hit man wasn't American, and was well-paid.

by Anonymousreply 15July 25, 2013 5:23 AM

It was a Saudi.

by Anonymousreply 16July 25, 2013 5:54 AM

Some of the Scientology theories have to do with Ronni representing Jeremy Renner who had been considered for The Master. Rumors went around that Ronni told people she was being stalked by people.

by Anonymousreply 17July 25, 2013 7:58 AM

r17, Does Hollywood think this death was random?

by Anonymousreply 18July 26, 2013 1:46 AM

R16, Why do you say that a Saudi was involved?

by Anonymousreply 19July 26, 2013 2:55 AM

It is really odd how the guy in the rooming house had same gun that killed her and they said he killed himself. At the time, his neighbors said he bragged about soon to come into a large amount of money. Strange to have used a bicycle. Why pick that location and think you could "get away" in Beverly Hills on a bike when the city is very well patrolled and relatively small in size.

by Anonymousreply 20July 27, 2013 3:30 AM

I have a strong feeling that Amanda Bynes was somehow involved. I think the guilt may have been the driving force behind her breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 21July 27, 2013 3:36 AM

[quote]It is really odd how the guy in the rooming house had same gun that killed her and they said he killed himself.

It's way beyond odd. I doubt that guy killed her. Someone delivered the gun to him.

by Anonymousreply 22July 27, 2013 4:17 AM

Who is the actor in hiding? Wouldn't somebody notice his being in hiding and away from the limelight.

She had just successfully coordinated Jeff Bridges' Best Actor OSCAR campaign, and yet after her death I recall people subsequently said she was "not really a player".

Bizarre!!

by Anonymousreply 23July 27, 2013 4:36 AM

Who was chasin' Chasen? And why? Under whose shadow terms and midnight conditions?

by Anonymousreply 24July 27, 2013 5:43 AM

Explanation of art deal gone bad. Celebs invest in original, quality art. Drug dealers also buy art as a way to launder money. It's assumed that if the painting comes from a star then it's real and not a fake. Otherwise the buyer could be out millions of dollars, and would want to retaliate against whomever arranged the sale.

by Anonymousreply 25July 27, 2013 5:47 AM

[quote]It's assumed that if the painting comes from a star then it's real and not a fake.

Not necessarily. Anyone, criminal or not would do due diligence. The star, or his/her management would probably be aware that something is not kosher.

The star could buy it hot already and be 'holding' it for other interests. If said star has a drug habit, well...quid pro quo.

Effectively, they agree (or their management on star's behalf) to acquire it for a certain period of time to establish provenance.

by Anonymousreply 26July 27, 2013 6:00 AM

r26

A provenance is the entire history of a work of art. It cannot be established by a single "legitimate" owner holding the work for a certain period of time.

Of course, there are persons who specialize in creating fake provenances, just as there are persons who specialize in creating fake works of art.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 27, 2013 7:32 AM

R26, R27, I sincerely appreciate your clarification. I've read the phrase "art deal gone bad" as a likely motive for Chasen's murder. Then I paraphrased the comments on the pap articles in my post (R25.)

The implication is that Chasen owed a very large sum of money to someone nefarious who felt screwed in either a movie financing deal or art sale. She also reportedly had a terrible temper, yelling at power players when a client wasn't nominated for expected awards. This can backfire very easily.

by Anonymousreply 28July 27, 2013 1:58 PM

Interesting take on the art.

by Anonymousreply 29July 27, 2013 2:40 PM

DL, Do you think that the art involved was a forgery or from one of the great art thefts of the past few years? Was it "insurance" that a movie with a major star/player would be profitable?

How does that play in to the "creative financing" well known to regularly occur, and the real reason whether or not some movies get made? If many supposedly profitable flicks are claimed to have so many "expenses" that investors don't always get their expected return, then how do some of the "less than honorable" react?

Since it is said that some close to Chasen were heavily involved with gambling or drugs, and there are private high level parties where participation in the above are very common, does this have anything to do with her murder?

by Anonymousreply 30July 27, 2013 3:10 PM

There was a website that had lots of neat, organized info on this, the timeline, the players, etc. It very suddenly disappeared.

More strange to add on the strange pile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 27, 2013 3:14 PM

R31, Can you summarize what you deduced from that website? Long ago was told that Hollywood is so powerful and financially profitable that the police are really under the thumb of the entertainment industry. Scientology has also learned that lessen.

by Anonymousreply 32July 27, 2013 3:19 PM

[quote]It is really odd how the guy in the rooming house had same gun that killed her and they said he killed himself.

What is so odd about that? He killed her, kept the gun and committed suicide when caught rather than spend his life in prison.

by Anonymousreply 33July 27, 2013 3:24 PM

R32: this is an old screenshot from this site. If you enlarge you can get the gist of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 27, 2013 4:06 PM

R34, Most interesting speculation in that article is the connection with Nov 17, in that there were 2 people riding on the cycle. Red herring or clever clue?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 27, 2013 4:49 PM

We all under surveillance at all times, and any street crime may be solved by utilizing satellite film.

Anthony Hernandez is being implicated by satellite photographs.

by Anonymousreply 36July 27, 2013 4:58 PM

Who is Anthony Hernandez?

The thing about the site I linked to above is that is disappeared so abruptly. He (or she) had links to all the articles about Chasen as well as some original ideas. To me the strange thing is there is no word about the site or whoever was running it.

by Anonymousreply 37July 27, 2013 5:25 PM

Could it be that they just stopped paying their hosting fees?

by Anonymousreply 38July 27, 2013 6:23 PM

r27, you're right about the term, but it can be enough if the work is one with a partial history.

Many paintings disappear into private collections and/or were lost during wars.

Once art goes into private collections, many auction houses don't look too hard at what happens next.

A lot of those works that resurface have a higher chance of being forgeries.

by Anonymousreply 39July 27, 2013 6:38 PM

Oh no, it's the Anthony-Hernandez-Surveillance troll

by Anonymousreply 40July 27, 2013 7:44 PM

Is it not just speculation here that an art painting was involved in this crime?

by Anonymousreply 41July 28, 2013 3:37 AM

r40

Of course it is speculation. That is what we do here.

by Anonymousreply 42July 28, 2013 3:39 AM

R41, I brought up the possibility of fraud involving the sale of an art painting, because internet posters repeatedly suggested that it could be a motive. I wasn't sure what they really were referring to; thanks DL.

Any other valid theories?

by Anonymousreply 43July 28, 2013 3:47 AM

[quote]The behavior of the police still leaves me gobsmacked, but worse was how meekly the press eventually turned over and shut-up about it.

Kind of like they are doing with the Michael Hastings "accident".

by Anonymousreply 44July 28, 2013 3:55 AM

Well r14 Della Reese lives in Bel Aire and has for many many years and she's Black. I just mention her because I've been there and can say from experience.

by Anonymousreply 45July 28, 2013 3:58 AM

R45, Bel Aire is not Beverly Hills. Some Black celebs are given a pass but there visitors are very heavily scrutinized by their neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 46July 28, 2013 4:03 AM

R44, "$100,000 UNSOLVED MURDER REWARD Posted by Max Cannon in $100,000+, CA, Solved,

7-15-11 Update: Case closed. As was determined last December, Hollywood publicist Ronnie Chasen was murdered by a lone gunman, acting alone, during an attempted robbery.

After sifting through more than 150,000 pieces of evidence, police this week officially shut down their investigation, reports Chasen’s hometown paper, the Beverly Hills Courier.

The gunman, Harold Martin Smith, later killed himself as officers were attempting to take him in for questioning in the case."

by Anonymousreply 47July 28, 2013 4:09 AM

Bell Air is part of Los Angeles. Beverly Hills is it's own city within Los Angeles County.

by Anonymousreply 48July 28, 2013 4:10 AM

R44, What do you think of these comments?

"This doesn't make sense at all. There are much easier ways to rob someone. How could you possibly shoot four precise shots into the chest (within centimeters of each other) of someone driving a car while riding a bicycle. Then leave before taking anything? Huh?

I've heard detectives, FBI and lawyers talk about this case and I agree with those who say it was a professional hit. The industry and the Beverly Hills police want this to go away quickly and so it has...

RONNI CHASEN, the 64-year-old Hollywood publicist who had worked on films such as 'Babel' and 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button', was murdered by suspect HAROLD SMITH in an apparent robbery gone wrong, according to police. Beverly Hills Police Chief DAVID SNOWDEN, as quoted by the New York Daily News, said that authorities believe that as Chasen traveled home from a Los Angeles premiere, Smith rode up to her car on his bicycle and shot her dead with the same gun that he later used to kill himself.

Sergeant MICHAEL PUBLICKER added that Smith, who committed suicide as police descended on his Hollywood apartment, probably killed Chasen through desperation, saying, "Through the interviews and the information received, we believe he was at a desperate moment in his life, and was reaching out and doing desperate measures".

And, if shooting Ronnie Chasen in a moving vehicle while riding a bike is not incredulous enough, Harold then gets off his bike and collects all 4-5 shell casings before pedaling away.

Seriously, someone riding a bicycle and using one hand to fire the force of a hand-held gun, murdered someone in a car, driving faster than them? Who published this garbage?"

by Anonymousreply 49July 28, 2013 4:23 AM

More comments.

Ronni Chasen was Janet Jackson's publicist....which means Michael and Ronni were connected...think about it. There is a slew of people connected to Michael that have been killed or committed apparent suicides

This hit was too precise and that joker just didn't seem capable. Any true killer would have run for the border by now and would have been paid up front. The woman was worth millions... who takes out a $10K hit for something that had to go down right, or else?"

t

by Anonymousreply 50July 28, 2013 5:34 AM

More comments.

"There's a rumor going around that Ronni was involved in some sort of art forgery ring. The supposed story is that various stars were going to take possession of forged art, and then after a while sell them as being originals. The thought was that no one is going to question a big name star as to whether the art was original or not. Anyway, Ronni either backed out of the deal, or refused to go along with it, and she was killed, I guess to keep her quiet.

It's something else. More personal. She pissed someone off and she underestimated them. Took them for a clown. Problem is many of these third world millionaires are NOT classy men.

It's either someone in her family or someone from the middle east, Russia or India. These are the people that are now funding Hollywood projects."

by Anonymousreply 51July 28, 2013 5:47 AM

More comments. Obviously Ronni was shot with a revolver, as there weren't any shell casings, and the shooter would not have the time to pick them up. Not the gun the BH Police claimed. At the presentation of the "results," an LAPD officer joked that if he's shot in BH please drag him to LA, for a fair investigation.

"Beverly Hills PD is the second worst police department in the area. The only one worse is Burbank, and their foibles and corruption and intimidation are legendary. I don’t think BHPD is getting anyone up.

What about the black car/SUV that drove around Chasen’s car spotted by a personal security camera? (reported earlier by yhe Press) Also, the angle of the bullets through the window was from above – unlikely on a bike."

by Anonymousreply 52July 29, 2013 12:50 AM

More comments. "Let me make sure I have this straight…

A black, ex-con, desperate for money, who’s living in a flop house, with no car, rides a bicycle 8 miles, at midnight, from Hollywood, down Sunset Blvd, past a heavily policed club scene, into BH, one of the most highly monitored, patrolled and secure places in LA, pulls his bike up on a black Mercedes driven by a savvy, street-smart, ex-NY City, 64 year old PR maven stopped at a red light, pumps 5 shots, in a tight grouping, into her chest, through a closed passenger side window, doesn’t take anything, picks up five 9mm shell casings, in the dark, in the middle of Sunset Blvd (if in fact the gun was an automatic, the police have yet to reveal the type of weapon used, a revolver would not eject casings), jumps on his bike and peddles his way back to Hollywood, where he subsequently brags about the murder and the “big payday” he’s expecting, when confronted by the police in the lobby of the hotel, he pulls the same gun and kills himself rather than shooting at the officers and attempting to escape? Makes perfect sense…

Incredible to me how quickly the media got behind the random-lone-shooter theory and tried to legitimize it and wrap the case up. This whole thing smells much weirder and darker."

by Anonymousreply 53July 29, 2013 12:59 AM

More comments.

"The key to the case is surely the source of the $6++ million estate. No way did that come from the PR business. It ties the real shooter to both Harold and Ronnie. Let’s call him RSVP.

Of course, Harold did end up ‘gifted’ with the hot iron – probably a Smith & Wesson 5 shot double action 9mm revolver, like the model 940 – direct from from RSVP, shortly after the deed – along with some cash. All he needed to do was leave a few red herrings scattered around the hood and pick up the rest down in Tijuana. No way does a con who can’t pay the rent buy a nice piece like that for random muggings. Harold was probably having second thoughts about life expectancy in Mexico – not to mention being setup as the perfect patsy.

This handgun fits the pattern of 5 in rapid succession with no casings. Annie Oakley couldn’t get a tight pattern from a bicycle one handed with 5 hard trigger pulls – so the SUV theory was probably correct after all.

Many dirt slingers are trying to bring in a Lesbian angle, jilted lover, or what not. Doubt it. This is about retribution. Her best friend sez that Ronni was a fetching model and soap opera actress when she was young — and had been romantically involved with a number of well-heeled Hollywood Dons in the past. Quien sabe?

The curious detail in the gossip mill has been the mention of Mickey Cohen. No relation, but I would still luv to have a look at that family screenplay. Both Cohens do share a final resting place not far apart, plus – Mick’s boss Bugsy Siegel was shot dead at a home a block from the crash site.

If the Novel can weave that period into the tale – wow what a cast. Cohen’s girlfriend Liz Renay spent three years behind bars for refusing to squeal. Candy Barr served time for reefer madness. Two of Mick’s other favorites were Tempest Storm and Beverly Hills. Need we mention the “Burlesque” connection and Ms Storms? It just gets weirder and Wilder.

Go for it, Michael. LA Confidential, part deux."

by Anonymousreply 54July 29, 2013 1:24 AM

was ronni chase connected in any way to these people who were arrested as part of a crime ring? the ring involved gambling, money laundering through an art gallery in NYC and had ties to the russian mob.

see link about producer bryan zuriff's plea deal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55July 29, 2013 7:37 PM

R55, Would make a juicy true story movie, especially if you read all of the comments. Here are a few.

"Most of the Madoff money went to Picower, who suddenly ended up dead at the bottom of his swimming pool. Picower, it seems, was in the business of aiding certain intelligence agencies who always need financing/laundering help, a la another mogul who ended up suddenly dead when he went from covert asset to potentially public liability (Robert Maxwell.)

Madoff went right to prison without putting up any sort of trial fight (which he could have afforded to do easily) because he knows his only way to stay breathing is to stay silent.

Meanwhile, consider the comedy that an operation which, at a minimum, had to actively involve dozens of managers around the world, has led to zero prosecutions…

Yep, just wave the figurehead before the sheep and change the subject. Nothing to see here, folks. Way, way above."

by Anonymousreply 56July 29, 2013 8:10 PM

R55, Here's another comment from that article.

"Alimzhan “Taivanchik” Tokhtakhounov is one of the most powerful men in the Russian speaking organized crime. With all the public hysteria centered around Vlad Putin possibly giving Ed Snowden political asylum, this part of the story is much bigger and yet largely unreported by the mass US media. The current Russian government and its security organs are providing active assistance and protection – in exchange for billions that the crime rings have to kick in – to the entire global criminal underworld. When taken in context, Snowden is a pipsqueak while Putin, whose net worth is reputed to be over $40 embezzled billion, is a grand criminal, who controls the North European narco-traffic, world wide money laundering and even an occasional death squad. This information is available, albeit sparsely so, in the European press but mostly absent from the American, who follow minor stories such as Russia anti-homosexual laws."

by Anonymousreply 57July 29, 2013 8:15 PM

R56,

some believe that robert maxwell faked his own death.

by Anonymousreply 58July 30, 2013 3:12 AM

ronni's brother was a gambler.

was she trying to broker a deal with dark forces to get him out of debt?

by Anonymousreply 59July 30, 2013 3:15 AM

i made the left turn a million times that ronni chasen made at night.

there is no way in hell that a thief on a bicycle would choose to rob a person in a car who was waiting for the light to turn green in beverly hills.

by Anonymousreply 60July 30, 2013 3:21 AM

What really bothers me is that the murder was blamed on an innocent man...it was ridiculous...no one thought that man killed her and then he ends up dead. Damn, I hate the cops in and around LA, completely bought and paid for. Same with the judges and the coroner.

Just revolting and The LA Times? They say nothing...

by Anonymousreply 61July 30, 2013 3:21 AM

Michael Hastings was murdered, anyone with a brain knows that.

by Anonymousreply 62July 30, 2013 3:22 AM

What do you think of this comment?

"People who launder big money like this use it to seed and finance other criminal operations. They do operations like the BECAUSE is is the easiest money to raise in a criminal empire, as the house ultimately always wins.

These figures are responsible for about 20% of the heroin trafficking. About 25% of the human trafficking in the world. There is recent evidence that even the African pirate situation and the K&R ransoms being paid are now run, at least partially, though the Russian mob structure.

And your table fees start it all. So congratulations, Tobey (Macguire) you douchebag a**hole.

And for those who say “legalize it!”… What makes yo think that a bunch of criminals are going to buy licenses and pay taxes on funds they are already making without having without that overhead, or why for a vice they would submit to Congressional regulations?"

by Anonymousreply 63July 30, 2013 3:27 AM

last night, i watched the latest footage on hastings' crash (alternate view from a different camera).

i am familiar with that stretch of highland ave, too.

if he were drunk/high and speeding, i can see that accident hapening as a result.

he didn't brake. he lost control and the fuel tank exploded after he hit the cement island or it scraped the asphalt n a dip in the road.

hastings' family believes that he wasn't murdered.

but i also read about the hacker barnaby jack's death and what he was working on...

both of their deaths may not have been accidents.

ronni's death really bothers me.

the beverly hills police dept's version of what happened is incredulous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 30, 2013 3:37 AM

the biggest money launderers for drug traffickers are the major banks.

by Anonymousreply 65July 30, 2013 3:39 AM

of course, i am bothered by the deaths of all 3 people and not just ronni.

will we ever learn the truth?

by Anonymousreply 66July 30, 2013 3:42 AM

It's just that the BH Police version of Ronni's death is so 100% unbelievable, that absolutely no sane persona could believe any of it. I don't yet know the details of the other cases mentioned. I usually uncover "the truth" in the comments following each article which I copy for DL's curious readers.

The real question, re Ronni's case, is why would the BH Police want comparisons to "Police Academy" movies? Do they really enjoy being made fun of or do they think the whole case will just be forgotten and disappear? Hopefully the new documentary, cited by The Hollywood Reporter, will shed new light on the mysteries.

by Anonymousreply 67July 30, 2013 3:57 AM

R55, Ooh, the story is getting jucier. The man arrested in the illegal gambling scheme is a friend of Joe Francis, and a neighbor of Judd Apatow. Not saying that there's a connection . . . after all, he's also related to Bill Ransic (sp) and his wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 30, 2013 4:15 AM

didn't they capture the black SUV on security cameras sometime after ronni left the Burlesque party in hollywood?

was the bicyclist (fallguy) ever seen on camera?

i'm telling you, that left turn she was making is a somewhat dangerous one. cars in the opposite direction (east on sunset) come barreling down and around the curve.

i saw at least 3 accidents happen on that curve.

a guy on a bike is not going to rob a mercedes waiting to turn left at that light at any time of day or night. no way.

by Anonymousreply 69July 30, 2013 4:20 AM

i'm not so sure that illegal gambling is the flashpoint.

i think it is the art forgery or the gallery connection.

by Anonymousreply 70July 30, 2013 4:23 AM

R55&$70, Apparently the players in the gambling scheme overlap with those in the art forgery and art gallery. Or perhaps the former finances the latter.

Here's another reporters' story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71July 30, 2013 4:40 AM

after reading the hollywood reporter article, i may be wrong... the serious money ($100 million +) came through illegal gambling and not the art forgery.

Alimzhan Tokhtakhounov shouldn't have had to bribe the salt lake city olympic figure skating judges.

Elena Berezhnaya and Anton Sikharulidze far out performed Sale and Pelleitier.

their having to share the gold medal was a travesty.

ice dancers Marina Anissina and Gwendal Peizerat didn't need him to bribe judges. they are good enough on their own.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 30, 2013 4:49 AM

R72, Any coincidence that Jackie Collins latest, "The Power Trip," copied in part Alimzhan's "Angel From Couture,” a semi-autobiographical story that focuses on the love affair of a young model and an older super-wealthy, Russian mobster with a shady past?

by Anonymousreply 73July 30, 2013 5:07 AM

R71

you're right. it's the gambling tied in w/ the art.

by Anonymousreply 74July 30, 2013 5:17 AM

R73

i hadn't heard about jackie collins' book.

damn. i would not want to risk plagiarizing Alimzhan's book.

by Anonymousreply 75July 30, 2013 5:23 AM

R74, Care to elaborate your theories of the connection between high stakes gambling involving celebs, Hollywood power players, Russian Mob, art dealing, and Ronni's murder?

by Anonymousreply 76July 30, 2013 5:24 AM

back when ronni was killed, someone posted a link to a blog or news website in long beach, CA where a guy wrote about art forgery.

can anyone find it?

by Anonymousreply 77July 30, 2013 5:25 AM

R77&R55, Do you mean this case in Long Beach?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78July 30, 2013 5:29 AM

R77&R55, My post (R78) looks like the "fictionalized" version of the true story.

Where's Oliver Stone when you need him? Wouldn't this conspiracy story be a better movie than the all of the Super hero re-treads? The "family values" and the anti-government crowd (it does make the Beverly Hills Police look like morons) should line up in droves. Plus we find out about the EVILS of gambling and the SINS of having too much money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79July 30, 2013 5:37 AM

R74

i think my theories are just about what most everyone is thinking. i have no special info.

the bicyclist did not kill ronni.

i know that stretch of sunset blvd. what the police released to the press makes no sense at all.

i lived in BH for a while. i lived under the false impression that i had the best police protection possible. i paid a premium in rent for that false security.

the BHPD looked like they were idiots or were bought off.

who paid them off? not sure.

i was told by a friend who knew ronni that she was nice and great at her job. she worked hard for her clients.

there are plenty of suspects: - brother w/ gambling debts - nutty folk singing guitarist niece - russian mob - gambling angle - russian mob - art forgery -russian mob or nefarious investors who wanted something/someone(actress) from Burlesque - the sc*entology angle

who killed her?

it wasn't the guy on the bike.

by Anonymousreply 80July 30, 2013 5:38 AM

R78

no. that wasn't it.

i'll try to find it.

it was a blogger or reporter who talked about art theft or forgery as a possibly of motive in ronni's murder.

i think he talked about art heists where alarm boxes where disabled.

by Anonymousreply 81July 30, 2013 5:41 AM

here it is...

it was san diego and not long beach.

look at the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82July 30, 2013 5:45 AM

ronni told friends that she was being followed since march.

by Anonymousreply 83July 30, 2013 5:46 AM

From the New York Times, there's this comment on Ronni's art collecting.

"Ms. Chasen collected art. In the 1994 version of her will, she invited a few close friends — including the publicity baron Warren Cowan and the publisher Michael Viner, both now dead — to choose a painting from her collection.

Still, the art on the walls of her Westwood condominium was often on loan from one or another of her friends who owned galleries, including Jonathan Novak. Mr. Novak, a pallbearer at Ms. Chasen’s funeral last month, owns Jonathan Novak Contemporary Art, a well-regarded gallery in Century City. . . "

by Anonymousreply 84July 30, 2013 5:56 AM

R82, So what did YOU get when you googled Claire Danes, art and very tall men? Of course that's a clue from your link.

by Anonymousreply 85July 30, 2013 6:00 AM

R85

all i see is that tall guy standing w/ claire danes and philippe petit.

is that who you're talking about? who is he?

by Anonymousreply 86July 30, 2013 6:21 AM

another recent LA murder that has NEVER made sense to me is that of the MTV production coordinator kid which they pegged on some black peeps who had been robbing immigrants of cash with a shotgun, across town. NO WAY would thugs looking for a quick buck be hanging out in teh neighborhood where benmeir lived- it is sleepy and quiet at night and you'd be waiting hours for someone to come home to rob.

and how many robberies finish with a single shotgun blast to teh back of the head as the victim walks from his garage to his front door? BULLSHIT. it was a hit, plain and simple- possibly to send a message to his parents? there is some serious mob action happening here, and the coverups are astounding.

arrested may 2011, ordered to stand trial in april 2012 and still, 16 months later no trial... what up?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 30, 2013 6:25 AM

tig notaro is a major beneficiary of the corruption in L.A. She was savvy, or lucky enough to hire the Lavely and Singer lawfirm, when someone became disgusted with her and began to write on datalounge. The 325 hour fee paid them was even waived, here and there, if she would help Martin Singer's daughter, Jackie Singer, with her comedy aspirations. If you hire the Lavely and Singer lawfirm you get a whole sham LAPD Unit, The Threat Management Unit, as muscle, on the cheap.Judges and prosecutors too. Marty Singer commands 500 dollars an hour, and his No 1 client was the governor, so there is big money and power involved. How a mediocre and obscure comedian got to destroy her "enemies," would make the most absurdist oscar winning movie ever.You see, Notaro was sure her role in a tv show, "In the Motherhood," With Cheryl Hines, would catapult her into the fame she spent every waking moment pursuing. When she saw that her messes were being aired on Datalounge, she freaked and the rest is datalounge history, and likely legal history, if she gets her paid help to not pull a Ronni Chasen first.

From the public defenders office to the coroners office, LA is on the take. LAPD officer Jaqueline Montalvo added her name to the defense witness list so she could testify that tig notaro made everything up, and the LAPD unit was playing along for corrupt reasons, three days later... give it a google.

by Anonymousreply 88July 30, 2013 10:28 AM

R55, R86, Here is the original quote from the Examiner article you linked. I can only guess on the connection between Clare Danes very tall friend and the art deals.

"Only the Pitkin County DA’s office can say for sure, but details in Brooke Mueller’s testimony seem to point in that direction. Hint: Do an advanced search for “Clare Danes + art shows” and look for photos with men 6’3” to 6’8” who have no interest in art in the background. Ironically, the Kamala Harris campaign has now filed protests about similar “big guy” abuse as the tight race for California State Attorney General continues."

by Anonymousreply 89July 30, 2013 3:06 PM

R88, I don't follow your post, as I'm new to the Tig Notaro story. Are you saying that it's another way to prove police in So Cal are corrupt? Would you like me to start another thread? It's hard enough to keep this thread focused on Ronni Chasen with all of the new info/clues vs possible red herrings.

by Anonymousreply 90July 30, 2013 3:08 PM

See who runs the media?

They did their best trying to incite riots by portraying all black people as thugs and scaring the shit out of whites.

These people (organized crime and the media) have a vested interest in demonizing black people so that they are easily set up as criminals.

Now do we know not to trust Hollywood, and are we learning to reject their product?

by Anonymousreply 91July 30, 2013 3:34 PM

At least people here care about these "solved" crimes...

by Anonymousreply 92July 31, 2013 2:32 AM

does prostitution figure into the murder of ronni chasen?

the talk about a celebrity and a russian mobster fighting over a woman having to do with "money and obsession."

the russian mob pressures russian and european models to be prostitutes.

was someone pressuring ronni to deliver a woman who had appeared in Burlesque?

some people say that amanda bynes is melting down due to being part of DJ's call girl operation.

i never believed this model committed suicide. (see link). according to witnesses who saw her body, her pants were pulled down. it sounded like she was either pushed to her death or was trying to escape a rape. the NYC cops wouldn't pursue it.

(see link)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93July 31, 2013 3:15 AM

R55, R93, Here's more info on The Russian Rapunzel. Shall I start a new thread on her and Amanda Bynes? I once started one on Diana Jenkins, and no one responded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94July 31, 2013 3:31 AM

[quote]some people say that amanda bynes is melting down due to being part of DJ's call girl operation.

Who is DJ? Amanda Bynes never had call girl looks.

by Anonymousreply 95July 31, 2013 3:46 AM

R95, DJ is Diana Jenkins. Google her and start reading about her possibly double life.

The Hollywood Reporter did an interesting story about B, C, and D level actresses or models that were paid during Cannes and the summer to "decorate" yachts of the rich and famous. Supposedly men from the MidEast care more about fame, even TV notoriety, then about looks.

by Anonymousreply 96July 31, 2013 3:52 AM

Do u mean Diana Jenkins= dj?

Would love a new Diana J thread? What ever happened w that book? Room 23? Creepy...

by Anonymousreply 97July 31, 2013 4:05 AM

How is Claire Danes involved? I don't follow. She has a brother who is really tall. Asa Danes. He's an attorney in NY. Maybe that's the tall guy?

by Anonymousreply 98July 31, 2013 4:06 AM

I wonder why Brooke Mueller was listed as a clue ?

by Anonymousreply 99July 31, 2013 4:06 AM

R94,

thanks for the link about ruslana's hair. i had not heard that it was chopped off.

she was a beauty with fabulous hair. look for her on Google Images.

very very sad.

by Anonymousreply 100July 31, 2013 4:21 AM

R98,

no, i don't think that tall guy pictured with claire danes is her brother.

google: asa danes.

he's younger, more attractive and looks like claire.

by Anonymousreply 101July 31, 2013 4:23 AM

brooke mueller talked about LA cops being corrupt and for hire to harass people, including her during her trouble w/charlie sheen threatening to kill her w/ a knife.

she's got major drug issues but i believe she is correct in that off-duty cops can be bought for a price.

by Anonymousreply 102July 31, 2013 4:26 AM

Is the tall guy an ex cop?

by Anonymousreply 103July 31, 2013 4:31 AM

the tall man pictured w/ claire danes and philippe petit is broadway director steven daldry.

i can't see how he figures in anything nefarious.

Caption: NEW YORK - MAY 27: Claire Danes attends the Performance Space 122 spring benfit at The Playhouse at Abrons Arts Center on May 27, 2009 in New York City. (Photo by Eugene Gologursky/WireImage)

Performance Space 122's Spring Benefit 2009

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104July 31, 2013 4:50 AM

danes, petit and daldry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105July 31, 2013 4:55 AM

R82, Why do you think the author at your link brought up Dane? Is it a red herring or was the author simply mistaken?

by Anonymousreply 106July 31, 2013 11:15 PM

R106,

i'm not sure what the author meant by bringing up claire danes. i have a feeling that she and her husband simply attended an art function where maybe some of the bad guys attended.

his focus seemed to be that something was going on with private equity investor, steven schwartzman, who was manipulating the art market by driving prices up.

the author said that after ronni chasen was murdered, his search alert went off showing that people were tying chasen to schwartzman by searching "chasen schwartzman."

it could be that instead of looking at the russian mafia and gambling, they should be looking at ronni's ties (if any) to the Blackstone Group.

the russian mafia could be the red herring.

i would like to hear more about the celebrity in hiding (film, music or sports?) and the girl who is running for her life.

who could these people be?

by Anonymousreply 107August 1, 2013 1:22 AM

R107, Of course Dane, like many celebs including Sly Stallone, could have just been considering investing in legit art. Maybe that's why she was papped with Steven Daldry, who looks to some like a former police employee.

Schwartzman is Judd Apatow's neighbor. Many comedy film scenes were filmed on the gambler organizer's property. What's the real relationship? How about to Tobey Macguire?

Do you really think that the powerful billionaires in the Russian Mob aren't connected to any of these side-stories at all?

by Anonymousreply 108August 1, 2013 2:33 AM

R108,

producer zuriff is apatow's neighbor not hedge fund owner schwartzman.

i would like to see the names of the 33 people indicted in the gambling ring.

i am not discounting the russian mob's possible involvement in ronni's murder.

russians are buying millions of dollars worth of property in NYC and paying in cash.

are they money laundering? or are they just families with cash that came from oil?

fran leibowitz was the one to remark that foreign buyers who are paying record amounts for very high end NYC apartments could be doing it to launder money.

money could be being laundered through gambling, property, art, films and antiques.

by Anonymousreply 109August 1, 2013 2:52 AM

i have no idea about tobey macquire.

he has a sweet baby face, is a good actor and has made tons of money from spiderman.

he likes to gamble. perhaps it's an addiction.

he is the son-in-law of ron meyer of universal.

is there some dark connection linking the gambling w/ movie deals and criminal elements?

i don't know.

i thought that the heavy gambling addicts (ie. ben affleck) went down to torrance.

i could see where private gambling parties would be very lucrative and convenient in hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 110August 1, 2013 3:01 AM

R55, Apologies for the Schwartzman and Zuriff mix up. This is a very complicated tale, with several strange side stories.

Who's writing the screenplay? Are either the Russian Mob or Hollywood players connected to any of the offshore gambling, as portrayed in Timberlake's new movie?

by Anonymousreply 111August 1, 2013 3:03 AM

oh, wait.

the gambling ring was sports gambling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112August 1, 2013 3:03 AM

more about the sports betting ring indictment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113August 1, 2013 3:05 AM

indictment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 1, 2013 3:06 AM

R55, There is a lot of money involved in these side "investments."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115August 1, 2013 3:08 AM

I would take these posts more seriously if anyone used capital letters.

by Anonymousreply 116August 1, 2013 3:27 AM

interesting excerpt:

"Nahmad and defendant Nicholas Hirsch are also accused of fraud over the sale of a piece of artwork they claimed was worth $300k but turned out to be worth substantially less. The indictment doesn’t make it clear whether the defendants were attempting to save some money by paying off a winning bettor with a piece of art."

is this the connection to the mystery of ronni's murder?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117August 1, 2013 3:27 AM

according to the indictment, a bronx plumber had debts of $2 million dollars.

was it ever revealed how much ronni's brother owed in gambling debts?

by Anonymousreply 118August 1, 2013 3:34 AM

R55, "It appears to be a contract killing based on the center mass of the bullets. Now why did Larry Cohen claim that it was road rage, and that the BH police nabbed the right man? He also claims that neither he nor his daughters ever gambled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119August 1, 2013 3:48 AM

RE: contract killing based on the center mass of the bullets.

r119, what does this mean?

by Anonymousreply 120August 1, 2013 3:52 AM

R120, Sometimes I post comments on relevant articles that reveal a great deal of info. I'm not a ballistics expert by any means. Earlier in this thread I quoted several knowledgeable sources which prove that it was a professional hit. What do you think of these statements?

"We need to know the trajectory, angle of the bullets. How far away? Is there a ballistic check to see gun? Who called cops? Did anyone hear anything? Where did she live? Why did she turn down Whittier and not Beverly Glen or some other road?

It appears as a contract killing based on the center mass flight of the bullets."

by Anonymousreply 121August 1, 2013 4:26 AM

R120, Hope this link explains my post. Also please read the NY Post article I linked (R119,) because it quotes a police officer who questions how a non-professional gunman could be so lucky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122August 1, 2013 4:52 AM

road rage with a bicyclist w/ a gun at midnight in BH?

unlikely.

it sounds like the bicyclist was hired as diversion to ride out and block her way while the SUV shooter killed ronni.

maybe not even that--- just a mentally ill man with a criminal record who had the gun panted on him.

reading the indictment, the russians are a pretty scary bunch. but if you participate in their illegal gambling, you must be prepared to pay your debts.

i don't think they would kill ronni if she were the one who owed the debt. they want to get paid.

you have to look at who gains from her death. follow the money from her estate.

then again, it could have been a military marksman who was pissed off at Hurt Locker.

it could have been someone connected to Burlesque or other projects.

by Anonymousreply 123August 1, 2013 4:57 AM

R121

someone did a crime layout blog that show ronni's route and where her car ended up.

she was using a common route to get from sunset down to beverly hills flats and century city.

whittier is east of beverly glen blvd. you would skip some winding curves w/ cars that speed.

Beverly Glen Bl turns into Beverly Glen South goes by the park and turns into into Club View that leads to Century City.

i have to check where ronni lived.

i'll try to post that blog.

you can use Google Maps and Google Earth to see where she turned left off of sunset blvd.

by Anonymousreply 124August 1, 2013 5:06 AM

R121,

i thought at the time of ronni's murder, they said that bicyclist had been seen at a gun club before her murder.

they found the gun at his apt.

or did the cops or someone plant it?

she stepped on the gas to try to escape her killer. she still was hit with a pattern of bullets that would be hard for anyone to execute unless they were trained to kill.

by Anonymousreply 125August 1, 2013 5:09 AM

was the harold smith gun ever conclusively found to be the murder weapon or was he a convenient crazy patsy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126August 1, 2013 5:20 AM

someone mentioned the documentary.

here is more info. i didn't know about the updated will.

the quote is strange from her friend who said ronni wouldn't want a guy w/ his credits doing her story.

WTF?

i think that she would welcome publicity if it helps solve her murder!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127August 1, 2013 5:33 AM

I think she lived on Wilshire corridor, not Century City. Whittier Drive leads back down to Wilshire and would be normal route from Hollywood to Westwood.

The odd part is that a person on bike would be on Sunset Blvd. at night in Beverly Hills, where they patrol the streets quite often as the city of Beverly Hills (not BHPO) is quite small in size.

by Anonymousreply 128August 2, 2013 2:01 AM

i had not heard that there were similar cases that happened prior to ronni's murder.

what is weird is that ronni's brother was so eager to attribute it to road rage.

why isn't he and her friends cooperating w/ the documentary?

are they too frightened to speak? or did one of them kill her?

a black OR white man riding a bike in beverly hills at midnight is going to be noticed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129August 2, 2013 2:19 AM

this report has footage of the crime scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130August 2, 2013 2:32 AM

She was keeping so many secrets, for so many different people, it put her life in danger. Who really was responsible for her death? Some people have to know...some agent, some other publicist, some attorney, some fixer...somebody has to know something. Instead, they let the cops hang it on an innocent, poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 131August 3, 2013 5:29 AM

agree, somebody has to know something.

by Anonymousreply 132August 4, 2013 12:28 AM

is it possible that a disgruntled family member or friend met a military marksman through ronni's involvement with Hurt Locker?

perhaps the contract hit came through that connection.

by Anonymousreply 133August 4, 2013 4:09 AM

R55, What do you suggest we do now to uncover the truth?

by Anonymousreply 134August 4, 2013 4:27 AM

R134,

i had not read a lot about ronni's case since the days and weeks after it happened.

the links that i posted recently surprised me - her friends and brother not cooperating w/ a documentary.

if my sister or friend were murdered, i would welcome ANY interest and help in finding out who was responsible (whether it came from the police, a documentary producer, crime or entertainment blogger).

she told friends that she was being followed. ronni must have had a guess as to who they were and why they were following her.

RE: the link about the similar cases

i find it hard to believe that multiple women in BH were threatened by someone who drove up next to them and pointed a gun in their face and they didn't report it to the BH police.

either they did and the police are denying it or the police are so inept or bought off that the reporst weren't made or they were destroyed.

or... the story (stories) are just one more red herring; they never happened. it is to throw people off the trail of the real killer(s).

i didn't know ronni but i know the film business and how hard people work at the expense of their personal lives.

occam's razor - the most simple explanation is correct one.

by Anonymousreply 135August 4, 2013 4:46 AM

btw:

i did read a news report that the police confirmed that the gun that the bicyclist smith had matched the bullets in ronni's body.

it is just too weird --- not only that a black man rode from hollywood into BH to rob a mercedes stopped at a light but that he picked up the bullet casings on the well-traveled sunset blvd?!

this just DID NOT happen.

if a guy on a bike were going to go into BH, he would mug a woman carrying a purse who was walking on the sidewalk or going from her car in a driveway into her house.

no one on earth is going to try to rob a woman still in a mercedes. it would be like trying to rob a tank.

by Anonymousreply 136August 4, 2013 4:54 AM

typo: police reports

weren't made or they were destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 137August 4, 2013 4:56 AM

R55, I didn't have a laptop at the time of her murder, so although the police report didn't make sense, I didn't have full access to research alternative answers. So strange that everyone quickly accepted such a laughable conclusion. What are they hiding? Why don't they want to find out the truth, or at least explore plausible choices?

by Anonymousreply 138August 4, 2013 4:57 AM

i guess ronni didn't know who was following her.

"Murdered Hollywood publicist Ronni Chasen suspected she was being followed as far back as March, sources tell Page Six. The well-liked industry veteran told a friend she believed she was being followed shortly after the 2010 Oscars. Our source said, "Ronni said in March she suspected she was being followed, but didn't know by whom. She said she was scared. Some people close to her believe it was a hit, but nobody knows why." It was unclear if Chasen, who was shot to death in her car in Beverly Hills as she drove home after the party for the new movie "Burlesque" at 12:30 a.m. on Tuesday, contacted police at the time."

Hurt Locker won academy awards in 2010. why would ronni be singled out?

did she promise to do PR for someone associated w/ the film or a military person she met through the film? did they feel slighted?

by Anonymousreply 139August 4, 2013 5:20 AM

r136

Chasen was shot with a revolver, so there were no shell casings to pick up.

by Anonymousreply 140August 4, 2013 3:05 PM

R140,

thanks. i had forgotten about that.

by Anonymousreply 141August 4, 2013 4:12 PM

The police cover up alot of crimes, meaning you never hear about them or never get the truth. I remember years ago I saw a small news article about a real estate agent who was murdered and stuffed inner trunk. She was at an empty house she was listing. Then there was a media blackout. I always thought maybe it was a serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 142August 7, 2013 7:11 AM

I find this case fascinating and the media/police silence speaks volumes. Looking forward to the upcoming documentary about Ronni...and I hope they get quotes/footage from her A list friends.

She was a powerful woman. This was no random murder.

by Anonymousreply 143August 7, 2013 7:23 AM

what happened to ronni?

by Anonymousreply 144August 10, 2013 6:20 PM

Random murder? No, I really don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 145August 11, 2013 2:07 AM

Publicist know a lot about a lot of people...they just need to check on who her clients were.

by Anonymousreply 146August 11, 2013 2:10 AM

Bump

Any other info?

by Anonymousreply 147August 29, 2013 1:08 AM

I haven't seen anything. I'm sure the police closed the case as quickly as possibly, they found a flunky to pin it on and that's all they needed.

by Anonymousreply 148August 29, 2013 1:43 AM

bump. Justice for Ronni!

by Anonymousreply 149November 22, 2013 8:44 AM

any new developments?

by Anonymousreply 150December 17, 2013 5:56 PM

autopsy says shooter was in a car. so of course, the police who shot the alleged bike riding shooter will be prosecuted for manslaughter. not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151December 18, 2013 7:01 AM

UPATE:

They just released the autopsy report.

This case has stunk to high heaven from the get-go. First off, does anyone think a lone black vagrant could pedal through Beverly Hills at that hour without being stopped by cops or "private security?"

More disturbing is the wound pattern: five bullets make a perfect circle around her heart, despite the shooter firing 9mm slugs from a .38 caliber revolver. This is not an exact fit, and would make precision shooting even more difficult.

There was no robbery.

Now if one assumes this was a hit, whoever did it had to have known she was at the release party, *and* when she'd be leaving it. The party was for "Showgirls," a film about adult entertainers. Imagine the casting process for a film like this one. Even if this film wasn't directly involved, perhaps some of the people were.

I still say it's likey that she secured money for a film by pimping out a famous actress to a Russian mobster, without the actress's knowledge, thought she could bullshit her wya out of living up to her end of the deal, and this was done to send a message to the industry that its new deep pockets don't fuck around.

People don't realize that without foreign money funding our films, Hollywood would already be bankrupt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152December 22, 2013 1:11 AM

R152, Are you speculating or are you "in the know?" I once heard drug money or organized crime funds were laundered through the entertainment industry. Is it now the Russian mob that pulls the strings?

by Anonymousreply 153December 22, 2013 2:51 AM

152 I thought she was at the party for Burlesque. I don't think Cher or Christina had anything to do with it. Now Steve Antin and David G.....

by Anonymousreply 154December 22, 2013 3:01 AM

This is a true modern day mystery. I wonder if it will ever be know.

There must be ATM machines or traffic cameras that would have some footage.

by Anonymousreply 155December 22, 2013 3:30 AM

R154,

Yes, I meant Burlesque. Not that the hit had anything to do with this film. In fact, it was probably a more mundane film. Generally, the actresses who sleep for parts want to keep their good-girl reputations in tact.

R153, I am "in the know" about a lot of seedy things, in a way many are not, but I have no specific insider knowledge of this hit. I just know it was a hit. It had to be. Anyone with even basic knowledge of how this world really works would conclude the same thing after critical examination. I do know the prostitution ring exists, and that the MO suggests it was related to that.

Perhaps someone here with a knowledge of ballistics can explain how difficult it is to fire a 9mm slug out of a .38 with the precision with which Chasen was gunned down.

by Anonymousreply 156December 22, 2013 3:38 AM

How is it that this woman worked for so many years in her profession and there is no hint of there ever being criminal problems or dark things except for an exceptionally hard worker who was at the top of her game in Hollywood?

Does not add up

This case is like the Kennedy assassination with so many theories and yet no clear reason of what happened to this woman?

by Anonymousreply 157December 22, 2013 4:03 AM

How could the police have actually believed it was a black guy on a bicycle?

by Anonymousreply 158December 22, 2013 4:11 AM

R158, they seemed to have relied on an anonymous tip to find the suspect. The tipster could have theoretically duped the police.

R157, Hollywood is a total cesspool of criminal behavior. It's easily proven that if she did well in that industry, she had to deal with a lot of sleaze, plus she had lots of power, which made her a target, even if the media didn't get around to telling us this yet.

What doesn't add up is how five 9mm slugs can make a perfect circle when fired on the run, off-balance, from a .38 revolver. Hit up a gun range and see if you can pull that off even stationary. It's too loose of a fit for precision marksmanship. I seriously doubt Chasen was murdered with a .38 if the slugs receovered were 9mm.

by Anonymousreply 159December 22, 2013 4:28 AM

R158,

A bigger question is how the BHPD, the LAPD, and every private-security professional in the vicinity would have IGNORED a black man on a bicycle at 12:30 a.m.

by Anonymousreply 160December 22, 2013 4:29 AM

of course this was a hit. that fact that it is not being investigated as such is VERY worrisome.

by Anonymousreply 161December 22, 2013 6:38 AM

the murder of the MTV dude is another obvious hit, being blamed on a criminal completely unconnected to the crime, just like bicycle dude.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162December 22, 2013 6:41 AM

I don't think the documentary is going to get any big names to talk, unfortunately. People are too scared to talk.

I haven't heard one rumour that Ronnie was a cunt. Did any DLrs know her/cross paths with her?

by Anonymousreply 163December 22, 2013 8:38 AM

Publicists DON'T have a lot of power in Hollywood. But they do know a lot of secrets.

by Anonymousreply 164December 22, 2013 8:52 AM

R163, many have spun her cuntiness as "not suffering fools.

R164, secrets are power.

Whoever makes that documentary should show what happens when you fire 9mm sluugs from a .38. It's like weearing shoes a half-size too big or small and trying to run.

by Anonymousreply 165December 22, 2013 9:42 AM

[quote]There must be ATM machines or traffic cameras that would have some footage.

The area where she was murdered was a quiet, remote, barely lit residential area with very little "city" traffic, NO pedestrians, and large houses set back far from the streets, surrounded by shrubbery and gates. No traffic cameras. No ATMs. No businesses at all.

Perfect place for a hit. No witnesses.

Apparently there were a few private residential security cameras off of the homes that show her driving and crashing a bit further down the road from where she was shot. Haven't heard about anything from them though.

by Anonymousreply 166December 22, 2013 8:24 PM

R166 what about camera footage of the guy on the bicycle? He had to have biked a hell of a long way. Was the BHPD able to track him?

by Anonymousreply 167December 22, 2013 9:41 PM

IMO the guy on the bicycle wasn't even in BH that night. Aside from his "confession" and then subsequent suicide, there's been no proof he was even there.

by Anonymousreply 168December 23, 2013 12:52 AM

R168 that's why I ask. If the police want the story to stick show us security camera footage of this man making his way to BH.

I, like most, do not believe he was there.

by Anonymousreply 169December 23, 2013 1:13 AM

Why would the Beverly Hills be so compliant?

by Anonymousreply 170December 23, 2013 1:20 AM

Solving the murder quickly keeps the crime rates low, the property taxes high and the money coming in. $$$

The LAPD offered the BHPD assistance and the BHPD said "thanks but no thanks, we got this." Even though the BHPD has next to NO experience solving murders.

by Anonymousreply 171December 23, 2013 1:29 AM

Good points, r171. I think there is a lot more crimes in Los Angeles than get reported.

by Anonymousreply 172December 23, 2013 1:49 AM

[quote]Why would the Beverly Hills be so compliant?

Many have theorized that the investigation has never ended, and that this was done to get the killers to let their guard down.

If this was in fact a hit, with international jurisdiction, they may be attempting to fry much bigger fish, and using this as bait. Even if they are "corrupt," someone would eventually blow the whistle.

Hollywood is a mafia unto itself. This had to be a hit. If it weren't a hit, the killer would have left clear evidcence of this, as it wouldn't have been a professional, and amateurs don't kill so cleanly.

by Anonymousreply 173December 23, 2013 1:58 AM

I run there every day. Even at night, it's not exactly a small, rural road. It's Sunset fucking Blvd, a mile and a half away from the Strip. It gets quiet at night, but never that quiet. So we can just end the black kid on a bike thing. It was a pro hit. FOR SURE.

by Anonymousreply 174December 23, 2013 2:09 AM

I'm sticking with my guess that it's a hit related to a sex-trafficking ring involving American actresses and the funding of films by foreign mafiosi.

by Anonymousreply 175December 23, 2013 2:21 AM

R175 Why sex trafficking?

by Anonymousreply 176December 23, 2013 2:29 AM

Agree that the official story makes no sense whatsoever... but the conspiracy theories are equally far-fetched.

Ronni Chasen was primarily an awards season film publicist. That's not the type of position that affords access to the murky underbelly of the film finance world, or even to the hidden secrets of A-list stars. She wasn't a high-profile producer in the vein of Robert Evans, or a top agent like Sue Mengers.

Rather, her job was to book and coordinate screenings of awards season hopefuls, nag industry people to show up (mainly by pestering their assistants), and then beg those industry people to vote for said film during awards season. She would help facilitate publicity appearances for the film's stars in conjunction with the awards season campaign, but those stars have their own personal publicists and she was uninvolved in their day-to-day publicity efforts.

All in all - she had a tough but thankless, not-glamorous, and largely powerless gig. The bizarre, mysterious nature of her death has made her seem like a more important industry figure than she was.

That said, it does seem like a hit. But the motive was more likely to be personal than some high-level Hollywood conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 177December 23, 2013 2:39 AM

So if Ronni was not personal publicist by whom was she employed? Who hired her services?

by Anonymousreply 178December 23, 2013 2:50 AM

R156, Can you give details of the prostitution ring involving actresses?

by Anonymousreply 179December 23, 2013 3:09 AM

r178 -- she was a film publicist, specializing in awards season releases. There's a whole fleet of them in Hollywood. They are hired by studios on a consulting basis.

by Anonymousreply 180December 23, 2013 3:16 AM

R179, the prostitution ring is simple: no sex, no funding. It's done under the guise of meetings with investors. The actresses are told what they have to do to ensure funding, and the investors know what to expect.

Most films today are funded by very unclean foreign money. The ones that aren't are the low-budget stuff people dismiss due to poor cinematrography. It costs money to ake those big, shiny objects that gross $200 million.

Not all of the problem is foreign. One producer threatened to kill the family of someone he thought had stolen his cocaine at a Super Bowl party a few years back. Anyone who knows the industry would probably know soeone who is aware of this. These are respectable, award-winning people, not fringe.

R177, anyone who does award marketing for big studios has incredible access to power, and often has "juice" with those who decide the awards. Chasen had many connections over a long period of time. Her "shit job" is also a perfect cover for nefarious behavior, so nothing you said refutes the sex-trafficking theory. For all anyone knows, you know it's correct and are trying to disinform.

IT's also possible she knew someone wsa gay or a pedophile, and they silenced her, or she knew about other murders.

by Anonymousreply 181December 23, 2013 11:04 AM

It is my understanding that she was gay, non?

[quote]When police first arrived on the scene, they reported that Chasen was "in and out of consciousness but breathing."It was only when the Beverly Hills firefighter-paramedics arrived that they discovered the gunshot wounds.

This is beyond bizarre. The BHFD had to inform the BHPD that Ronni had been shot??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182December 23, 2013 11:18 AM

"Throughout her distinguished career, Ms. Chasen dedicated herself to advancing LGBT visibility through media,"

From The Advocate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183December 23, 2013 11:22 AM

A corollary of the CSI effect is that the public expects an unrealistic level of intelligence, competence and professional ethics from the criminal justice system. Beverly Hills is not exactly a high-crime area and their staff is probably not very experienced with anything besides dealing with shoplifters and stalkers and answering all sorts of domestic calls which they are afterwards expected to pretend never happened.

by Anonymousreply 184December 23, 2013 11:31 AM

Understood, but dear lord, the BHPD didn't notice she'd been shot in the chest multiple times?! They were first on the scene.

by Anonymousreply 185December 23, 2013 11:45 AM

For a time in the 1990s Ronni Chasen was Vice President of Publicity for MGM after which she branched out on her own with her P.R. firm Chasen & Co.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186December 23, 2013 12:14 PM

As a publicist, she could have stumbled into some secrets just in her day-to-day work, but not likely any kind of secrets that would have lead to a hit. And think about all the enormous secrets in Hollywood we hear bits and pieces of every day, yet no one ever gets killed a in professional hit. People are drummed out of the biz and made to look like fools if they try to speak out, and are often held to confidentiality agreements that would keep them quiet anyway.

There just isn't anything in these conspiracy theories that makes sense. Like R177 said, if it was a hit, it was a personal situation, a financial deal gone bad or someone after her estate or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 187December 23, 2013 12:18 PM

There is nothing "simple" about this prostitution ring conspiracy theory. In an industry where dozens of has-beens desperate for a buck, we're supposed to believe no one has ever come forward with stories of this high-level prostitution ring involving famous actresses? No blind items or anything? We hear about the beardings and publicity marriages and we all can name a dozen actors and actresses who started out as pros or made their way on the casting couch, yet not a peep about this prostitution ring.

And honestly, I'm not really very high up in the biz, but even I know that even "the low-budget stuff people dismiss due to poor cinematrography" is funded by foreign money. Some trust fund kiddie from Saudi Arabia decides he wants to be part of Hollywood, he funds some low-budget thing released by Tribeca or Magnolia, goes to a few parties, has some fun, moves on with his life. Foreign interests have been funding Hollywood films for decades, everything from low-budge to blockbusters, and that in and of itself does not spell conspiracy.

You're perilously close to sounding like a complete kook, R181, especially when you say anyone who disagrees with you is secretly in on the conspiracy and just trying to disinform.

by Anonymousreply 188December 23, 2013 12:27 PM

My guess is a money situation gone bad. A loan never repaid or a deal that went sour.

The poster that linked to the MTV guy's murder was weird too.

by Anonymousreply 189December 23, 2013 1:23 PM

How does one make a turn and drive 1/4 of a mile after having been shot in the chest 5 time?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190December 23, 2013 2:13 PM

Sorry, proper link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191December 23, 2013 2:14 PM

[quote]There just isn't anything in these conspiracy theories that makes sense. Like [R177] said, if it was a hit, it was a personal situation, a financial deal gone bad or someone after her estate or something like that.

The military-level precision required to pull off a hit like this belies the notion it was a personal murder-for-hire. The typical mob hitman doesn't operate this way; this was a special-op.

[quote]You're perilously close to sounding like a complete kook, [R181], especially when you say anyone who disagrees with you is secretly in on the conspiracy and just trying to disinform.

Because no one with something to hide would *ever* attempt to sway internet discussions under pretext of neutrality.

Not only are there tons of blinds about the prostitution rnig, there have been many lawsuits about casting couches and the like. The threat of death to someone or their family is a nice deterrent, and those who do speak out despite this are often sent messages like the one sent to (or THROUGH) Chasen.

Satan signed her paychecks.

by Anonymousreply 192December 23, 2013 5:27 PM

Was she gay?

by Anonymousreply 193December 23, 2013 5:33 PM

Here's a bit from the documentary set for release next year.

How could anyone not come to believe this was a hit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194December 23, 2013 6:53 PM

[quote]How could anyone not come to believe this was a hit?

I doubt anyone has ever believed it wasn't a hit.

For all we know Interpol could be running an investigation that involves our cops pretending the case is closed. This case fits that pattern as well. Law enforcement is legally allowed to use deception to solve crimes.

If this were a "personal" hit, the type of hitman would have laid in wait near or in her apartment, not brought a James Bond movie to life. The bullets formed a near-perfect circle around her heart, supposedly fired from a .38 with 9mm slugs, at an angle, in traffic. That alone suggests special-forces training, and those guys work only for the uiber-powerful. Money alone won't get you in the door with them.

One thing is sure: if it was a hit, at least a haf-dozen people know about it.

by Anonymousreply 195December 23, 2013 8:21 PM

R181, Are the actresses hired knowing that they'll have to service foreign investors in whatever form requested, no matter how perverted? Are they as gross as Harvey the Whale?

by Anonymousreply 196December 25, 2013 3:06 AM

R196,

The sex occurs long before funding comes across, usually. My guess is Chasen made a promise she couldn't keep, or that someone else did, and she was murdered to send a message to them.

It could have been omeone in this country as well. The industry is rotten to the core. Whatever the reason, it was obviously a hit, and obviously covered up.

I don't know why it surprises anyone that gorgeous women would have to put out to earn a thousand times more than they can earn doing real work, and have to compete against a thousand women for the few gigs that can make their career. Don't forget that someone in SAG-AFTRA doesn't hvae the option of working nonunion, and taking regular jobs would ruin their reputation.

It's like "The firm."

by Anonymousreply 197December 25, 2013 5:50 AM

The prostitution ring theory seems pretty far-fetched. There are plenty of beautiful wannabe actresses to go around. No successful actor/actress has to engage in prostitution.

Much more likely is the stolen art business theory. There is plenty of stolen art and plenty of undocumented cash to fuel the business. Add to that the fact that no one ever set foot inside her home. She always met people somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 198December 25, 2013 12:03 PM

R198,

Almost every successful actor or actress has had to sleep with men to get where they are. That kind of money isn't thrown around easily.

Stolen art would be much easier to trace, and nothing has come out about it. That wouldn't be like prostitution, where someone would need to hide that fact.

If you're saying prostitution wasn't the cause, that's one thing, but to say that there isn't prositution at that level is quite another.

by Anonymousreply 199December 25, 2013 1:37 PM

I don't think that documentary will see the light of day. Already the producer is begging for funds. Something is going on there.

Why do you keep going on about the 22 and 38 calibers?. A professional hit team is not going to make such a silly error.

by Anonymousreply 200December 26, 2013 1:12 AM

[quote]Why do you keep going on about the 22 and 38 calibers?. A professional hit team is not going to make such a silly error.

R200 sounds like someone trying very hard not to admit to having a dog in this fight.

The bullets retrieved from Chasen's body were 9mm shells. The alleged murder weapon was a .38 revolver. While it is possible to fire 9mm bullets from a .38, to do so with precision is like running at full speed while wearing shoes a half-size too large or too small.

If you showed me a handprint with six fingers in the outline, I'd quesion that too The bigger question is why you find it so odd that I would focus on something so obvious.

by Anonymousreply 201December 26, 2013 1:28 AM

R200 here. No, I ask because I'm genuinely intrigued by this case. I'm Swiss living in Lausanne.. far removed from anything LA related.

I wonder, have you looked at the autopsy report released just a few days ago? Its interesting and not what a lot of us thought. She was shot 4 times, once in the arm, only two shots were fatal to the chest, one bullet hit the passenger seat.... things keep changing up left and right. BHPD won't release the forensics report so we don't know what type of bullets hit her. There is only speculation.

by Anonymousreply 202December 26, 2013 2:55 AM

R202,

It was stated that she was shot with 9mm bullets at the time of the murder. Don't need an autopsy for that.

You're right: a professional team would not make that type of mistake, which is why I immediately questwioned whether or not she was shot from a .38. Then again, if they keep changing the story who says that was accurate.

I don't see her as an art thief becuase if she were to break the law, she could have just blackmailed the studios. More likely is the prostitution/casting-couch scenario.

by Anonymousreply 203December 26, 2013 3:07 AM

Well perhaps we will learn more beginning in March when a preliminary hearing will be held re the release of the entire BHPD file on the matter. So far they refuse to comply. Odd because the case has been closed for some time. BHPD is adamant they will go to trial to keep from releasing the info.

by Anonymousreply 204December 26, 2013 3:21 AM

Stolen art is big business. There is a ton of art lost due to the fact that the Nazis systematically confiscated personal collections and looted museums during their march through Europe. And when the Russians came in at the end of the war, all the looted Nazi art disappeared into the hands of the Soviets. Most of it is still missing today.

The film industry is the perfect front for cash transactions for art.

Only desperate wannabe actresses engage in prostitution. I'm not saying there isn't a lot of sleeping around in Hollywood. But there is a big difference between people sleeping around in exchange for favors and opportunities, and people being pimped out for cash.

by Anonymousreply 205December 26, 2013 3:28 AM

There is a thread on her autopsy report

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206December 26, 2013 6:33 AM

R205,

IT's semantics: high-level actresses GET to where they are by fucking investors/producers, and can lose their whole careers sometimes if they don't continue diong so. CDASN even covers some of it, but that's the tip of the iceberg.

Anything short of a super-A-lister would not be immune to this, but I'm willing to believe that Ronni was murderedc because the actress/hooker who was supposed to deliver stolen art to the Russian mafia absconded, leaving Chasen holding the bag.

by Anonymousreply 207December 27, 2013 7:47 AM

[quote]CDASN even covers some of it, but that's the tip of the iceberg.

WHat is CDASN?

by Anonymousreply 208December 27, 2013 10:17 AM

RE: Anything short of a super-A-lister would not be immune to this, but I'm willing to believe that Ronni was murderedc because the actress/hooker who was supposed to deliver stolen art to the Russian mafia absconded, leaving Chasen holding the bag.

There is zero proof in the media about any art being involved in this case. Total speculation.

by Anonymousreply 209December 28, 2013 2:11 AM

[quote]I don't know why it surprises anyone that gorgeous women would have to put out to earn a thousand times more than they can earn doing real work

No one is surprised about the casting couch, dear. What we're questioning is why we never heard about this enormous prostitution ring that every actress has to go through when we hear about a million other sex scandals and secrets every day on gossip sites and in tabloids.

And the comments you keep making about actresses not doing "real work" and how foreign money automatically means shady deals makes it clear you know very little about the business.

by Anonymousreply 210December 28, 2013 2:28 AM

Anyone who thinks actresses need to sleep with producers to get roles at the top levels of the biz is insane.

by Anonymousreply 211December 28, 2013 2:34 AM

r210, r211, the person is not talking about roles, they're talking about contingent project financing.

There doesn't have to be an organized 'ring' for it to exist.

There's a reason that there's no real definition for producer. Anything that facilitates the production being made is included; a lot of it is shady, like providing drugs or paying off locals on foreign shoots.

by Anonymousreply 212December 28, 2013 8:03 AM

r212, well put.

by Anonymousreply 213December 29, 2013 3:50 AM

This is one mystery that will not see a major motion picture any time in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 214December 31, 2013 1:11 AM

Does anyone who works in Hollywood ever talk about this crime or Ronni?

by Anonymousreply 215December 31, 2013 10:33 PM

justice for Ronni!

by Anonymousreply 216January 8, 2014 4:53 AM

Any news on the documetary about this case?

by Anonymousreply 217November 23, 2014 3:27 PM

Ronni's unsolved murder triggers cowed silence and muted guesswork among the cognoscenti of the Hollywood Hills. I know because I've tried it, just to see how they'd react.

by Anonymousreply 218November 23, 2014 3:32 PM

What was she involved with that got her killed? Nobody seems to ever bring up this murder

by Anonymousreply 219November 23, 2014 3:42 PM

I hope I am still around when/if we hear the truth about this case. Hope it's soon.

by Anonymousreply 220November 23, 2014 3:43 PM

Diane Warren, the songwriter, was friends with Chasen. She brings up her murder a lot on twitter and says that what was said is a lie and one day we will know who killed her. I don't think she knows anything but she, like everybody else, doesn't buy the bullshit about the shooter.

by Anonymousreply 221November 23, 2014 3:47 PM

R210 you are a low level peon what makes you think meaningful information of any kind such as A listers who fuck for cash would be made available to you through the heavily controlled common media...

Don't be so fucking naive and dig deeper

by Anonymousreply 222November 23, 2014 4:43 PM

[quote]Don't be so fucking naive and dig deeper

Do you mean it isn't a prostitution ring?

by Anonymousreply 223November 23, 2014 5:34 PM

Four years -- and still no justice for Ronni...

by Anonymousreply 224November 23, 2014 5:48 PM

This is one of those things on my bucket list. The real Ronni killer, the chick in the elevator story, the mistress who committed suicide by hanging herself out a window and what all Katie Holmes has on Tammy to get him to give up on Suri so quickly. Those two are never seen together anymore.

by Anonymousreply 225November 23, 2014 8:23 PM

by Anonymousreply 226November 24, 2014 1:34 AM

Why didn't the DC madam reveal her customer list?

by Anonymousreply 227November 24, 2014 1:41 AM

What DC madam?

by Anonymousreply 228November 24, 2014 6:53 AM

[quote]Why didn't the DC madam reveal her customer list?

Because she committed suicide before she had the chance.

by Anonymousreply 229November 24, 2014 2:13 PM

Justice for Ronni!

by Anonymousreply 230November 24, 2014 6:12 PM

One thing we know for sure, the man the pinned the killing on was just an innocent with no one to protect him. He murdered no one and now he's dead. The police departments in the area, are run by the Hollywood elite and Scientology is part of that.

by Anonymousreply 231November 24, 2014 6:18 PM

People in Hollywood don't bring up a lot of things, they refuse to talk about things that might hurt future deals. If you ever want to hear the truth about anything, don't bother to go to Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 232November 24, 2014 6:23 PM

So what really is behind her murder?

by Anonymousreply 233November 24, 2014 6:31 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 234December 4, 2014 6:10 PM

Some guy is trying to do a documentary, but is spending all hi prep time in court to get the pertinent documents.

by Anonymousreply 235December 4, 2014 6:18 PM

[quote]The police departments in the area, are run by the Hollywood elite and Scientology is part of that.

Yup, there are huge connections with law enforcement and Scientology. LA County Sheriff Lee Baca has publicly endorsed Scieno programs and it is well known that some LAPD officers and LA County sheriff's deputies work security for the Scienos, when they are off duty.

by Anonymousreply 236December 4, 2014 8:47 PM

Obviously there was a big cover up about her murder and the Hollywood elite wanted her dead, but why? What could she possibly have known? Isn't everything an open secret in Hollywood anyway? Isn't it possible that whatever she knew was known by a bunch of other people, too?

by Anonymousreply 237December 7, 2014 7:24 AM

Also, she didn't seem like that big a player -- and neither does her brother. So whatever they knew was deemed out of their pay grade and she was offed.

by Anonymousreply 238December 7, 2014 12:54 PM

[quote]LA County Sheriff Lee Baca has publicly endorsed Scieno programs

He resigned earlier this year before the end of his term which a lot of folks raised their eyebrows about. I'm sure his replacement is no better.

by Anonymousreply 239December 7, 2014 5:01 PM

What was the "official" reason for his early resignation? Do you know the unofficial dirt on him?

by Anonymousreply 240December 7, 2014 5:30 PM

I don't know that he gave an official reason though he did mention his age (72), but there's so much corruption, scandal and abuse in the Sheriff's dept. that he turned a blind eye too. Scientology was probably the smallest thorn in his side.

by Anonymousreply 241December 7, 2014 6:05 PM

That documentary about Scientology is coming out soon right? Maybe that is that reason Baca left.

The theory that made some sense on the Ronni's death I read over at Deadline before Nikki left. It had something to do with young actresses and how some do a little sex work on the side to boost their chances of being known and getting access to parts.

One such upcoming actress (she sounded C+ bordering on B list) was of interest to a Russian mob guy and Ronnie was go between. The actress had early on agreed but she got involved with an actor she really liked and then didn't want to go through with it. Unfortunately the Russian was obsessed with her and Ronnie tried to get the actress out of it but the Russian wouldn't take no.

So the actress left the country and so did the actor because this Russian was after them both and Ronnie got whacked. That why all the shots were to the heart.

by Anonymousreply 242December 7, 2014 6:29 PM

He resigned in January. I doubt he knew much about the documentary back then. There was an FBI investigation into claims of abuse/violence at the county jail. A bunch of deputies resigned over it. He had other investigators breathing down his neck. I think even Tony Ortega said it had nothing to do with Scientology

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243December 7, 2014 6:36 PM

That's kind of a far fetched scenario, R242. I don't doubt that that kind of thing goes on bts in Hollywood daily but I doubt they kill people over something like this. It would make more sense if the Russian just found another actress or actresses. I get the feeling that Chasen was killed over something much more serious.

by Anonymousreply 244December 8, 2014 1:52 PM

r244 -- not Russians. Russian Mob.

They hate to lose.

by Anonymousreply 245December 8, 2014 7:43 PM

Yes, I understand that, R245. I don't deny the Russian Mob hates to lose and would kill someone over a trivial matter. I just think it would be done in a more hushed up way and not the way Chasen was killed. And the cover up afterwards makes me think a very important person was behind it.

by Anonymousreply 246December 8, 2014 7:51 PM

The police are terrified of the Russian Mob.

The guy who set up such a murder would be a Very Important Person for the police to avoid.

by Anonymousreply 247December 8, 2014 8:07 PM

so she was killed because she couldn't deliver an actress to a mob guy? It wouldn't be too hard for the mob to find the actress that made him look like a fool and kill her. I don't doubt that the Russian mob had her killed but I don't believe it was over an actress. The theory I have always believed was true is that she has dealings with them over stolen art.

by Anonymousreply 248December 8, 2014 8:15 PM

Do the Feds investigate the mob on the west coast as much as they seem to on the east coast? I've never heard of an investigation into the Russian mob, yet of course, a lot of people know about the big crime families in NY. The Russians are ruthless. I can see how the police are terrified.

by Anonymousreply 249December 8, 2014 8:17 PM

How the the theory of stolen art come abou, R248t? I vaguely recall reading about it, but not the details.

by Anonymousreply 250December 8, 2014 8:19 PM

God, what a mess of a post. My cat was walking all over me while I was typing. "How did the theory... come about, R248"

by Anonymousreply 251December 8, 2014 8:23 PM

I remember reading about that theory here and on another chat forum, R250. The theory is that the Russians were smuggling stolen art into the states and she was helping them sell it to galleries or rich actors. A sale went wrong and she was killed. I always thought that was more plausible and more of a serious reason to have someone killed than just over a no-name actress.

by Anonymousreply 252December 8, 2014 8:25 PM

Did someone actually know Ronnie? Why would they think the Russian Mafia was involved.

The Russians have an extremely bad reputation but what bothers me most...the lousy cops pinned the murder on an innocent man and the cops got away with it. I hate cops.

by Anonymousreply 253December 8, 2014 8:25 PM

That does sound much more plausible, R252 Have there been big thefts recently? Or maybe it's lost WWII art? But why would an old lady with a comfortable bank account (presumably from her PR activities)involve herself with the mob?

by Anonymousreply 254December 8, 2014 8:34 PM

She probably got involved because she was making millions, R254. She was the go between the mob and the art galleries or her actor clients.

by Anonymousreply 255December 8, 2014 8:42 PM

They made a point to publish her assets after the coroner was through -- she had nice money, but not art smuggler money, unless her brother was hiding it.

by Anonymousreply 256December 8, 2014 8:46 PM

To the people asking about the Russian mob. Yes, LEOs do investigate but often it comes to nothing because the mob is basically the Russian State at this point. The political angle complicates the investigations, not least with American intra-agency rivalries and distrust.

They are also hard to penetrate due to familial, regional and language ties.

Many of them are Hebraic, which means that they'll end up in Haifa courtesy of the local goverment. They have a tradition of this going back to Mayer Lansky.

by Anonymousreply 257December 8, 2014 9:06 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 258December 24, 2014 12:07 AM

There is a ton of "lost" art which the Russians confiscated from the Nazies at the end of WWII. It's used as currency to hide illegal cash. Hollywood is awash in cash that no one wants tracked. So trading it for lost art is good business since the art is easily hidden, easily traded (if you have the right connections), and never loses its value.

As a broker, Chasen would have done well, but not extraordinarily well. Her brother could easily be hiding her cash. Or it might have been converted to art as well. Supposedly, no one was ever allowed in her home. She always met people elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 259December 24, 2014 12:38 AM

Her bios don't indicate what she did before 1973.

by Anonymousreply 260December 24, 2014 1:33 AM

[You do realize that this is a troll, right? It just craves attention. You might want to stop talking to it.]

by Anonymousreply 261December 24, 2014 2:08 AM

Ronni Chasen was not a big Hollywood player. She was an awards season publicist. A successful awards season publicist -- but it's a fairly thankless job, one that mostly entails scheduling screenings for Guild / Academy voters and wrangling the talent for Q&A's and appearances.

She was representing an awards campaign for "Burlesque," for God's sakes.

So I doubt she was a repository of sinister Hollywood secrets.

by Anonymousreply 262December 24, 2014 2:28 AM

r262 look at her client list. The ones mentioned after her death had a much higher profile decades ago.

I'm not saying she's A list by any means, but she's been around long enough at a high enough level at some point in her career to be considered on the inside.

by Anonymousreply 263December 24, 2014 2:45 AM

Burlesque was kind of the worst movie ever.

by Anonymousreply 264December 24, 2014 2:51 AM

She wasn't reaping Burlesque. She repped one of the music guys on that movie. She repped composers and that type of talent.

by Anonymousreply 265December 24, 2014 3:41 AM

I don't think it is her job so much as her family (which, in Hollywood, is the same thing).

She was executed, but we can't find out why, and that is the real story of this tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 266December 24, 2014 11:43 AM

You're saying her family had her killed, R266?

by Anonymousreply 267December 24, 2014 11:55 AM

No -- it is thought that her brother got in with the wrong sorts.

by Anonymousreply 268December 24, 2014 12:03 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 269January 4, 2015 9:08 PM

[quote]She repped composers and that type of talent.

Hardly lionesque.

by Anonymousreply 270January 4, 2015 10:29 PM

I don´t know why I´m so fascinated by this case, but I am. Let´s keep it alive. Any more news of the documentary?

by Anonymousreply 271January 28, 2015 10:28 PM

I love reading this thread, too, and have done so at least three times over the years.

I keep remembering the episode of The Sopranos where Paulie and Christopher were trying to kill that huge Russian mobster in the woods, but he got the best of them and escaped in the snow, smirking the whole time.

We were all so sure that Russian mobster would turn up and cause trouble for Tony, maybe even show up in the series finale, but he never did.

So I'd be scared of the Russian mobsters too, if I were the BHPD.

I bought a Roche Bobois sofa from Maurice Villancy in NY a few years ago, but moved to Atlanta before it was ready for delivery. Villancy arranged to have the sofa delivered to my new address in GA, which actually saved me money since they refunded the NY sales tax.

Anyway, here I am in my new house, most of my furniture still on order, when the phone rang one night at 1:15 am on a Tuesday. It was three Russian guys there with my couch. I was happy to finally have the damn couch, and was too scared of them to complain about the hour, and having no warning of the delivery at all.

One of the guys knocked over a new floor lamp I had just bought at an art show and broke it. I was too scared to call the store and complain. I just wanted them to leave.

They didn't speak much English to me, either, and had sort of an angry conversation in Russian right in front of me, gesturing towards me a few times with an unlit cigarette.

I was scared. Wearing a coat over my pajamas. In a big house all by myself.

**shudder***

by Anonymousreply 272January 29, 2015 12:42 AM

Announced this year at Sundance: "Cut To The Chasen" starring Jane Fonda:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273January 29, 2015 12:49 AM

Remember last summer when all those LAPD guys kept getting killed by runaway trash trucks in BH?

by Anonymousreply 274January 29, 2015 1:00 AM

[You do realize that this is a troll, right? It just craves attention. You might want to stop talking to it.]

by Anonymousreply 275January 29, 2015 1:10 AM

[quote]STRANGE THIS WAS BROUGHT UP AGAIN. PREPARE TO DIE.

Serious?

by Anonymousreply 276January 29, 2015 4:31 AM

No sees anything similar to last weeks Beverly Hills murder of a real estate agent?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277January 29, 2015 4:43 AM

R277, actually, when the murder of the real estate agent hit the news, I thought about Ronni Chasen. Scary.

by Anonymousreply 278January 29, 2015 4:50 AM

"Hoodie guy on bike" is the Westside's new murder meme...

by Anonymousreply 279January 29, 2015 1:23 PM

Actually, this was the first bike murder I remember (1988):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280January 29, 2015 1:25 PM

Someone call Hart to Hart.

by Anonymousreply 281January 29, 2015 1:29 PM

Maybe she got raped by someone who is now a celebrity when she was young. Obviously nobody has investigated her life in enough detail to flush out potential suspects.

by Anonymousreply 282January 29, 2015 3:48 PM

I wonder if that guy is making progress in his court case to get the BHPD files on the murder.

by Anonymousreply 283January 29, 2015 5:21 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 284January 30, 2015 3:38 AM

The self-described “earwitness,” who says he had previously shared his testimony with police, had been driven home from the airport in a taxi van whose driver may have seen the killing before leaving the immediate area. He claims that investigators eventually told him they reached the cab driver but could not interview him because the driver professed not to speak any English.

“An unexplained aspect of this is why the individual driver, who I am quite certain was able to communicate in English to me [during his taxi ride], was unable to communicate in English to the police.” It’s also unclear why, regardless of the nature of the driver’s English-language capabilities, investigators didn’t hire a translator. (The BHPD has declined to comment on its investigation to THR.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285January 31, 2015 12:13 AM

In a 14-page tentative decision, Judge James C. Chalfant noted that he "agrees" with Ryan Katzenbach's "general premise" that the filmmaker deserves access to at least some material, likely crime scene photos – particularly because the department had previously allowed a small-press book, Beverly Hills Confidential: A Century of Stars, Scandals and Murder, which discusses the case, to be co-authored and published by its senior forensic specialist Clark Fogg, who had worked the Chasen investigation. Yet Chalfant explained that Katzenbach "has not met his burden."

Specifically at issue for Chalfant was the fact that Katzenbach, who has acted throughout the proceedings as his own counsel to save on costs, had neglected to depose either Fogg or his co-author, journalist Barbara Schroeder, and through questioning demonstrate that the information he seeks could only have come from confidential investigatory files, not exclusively from publicly available information, as the two authors affirmed in their pretrial declarations.

In court, as Beverly Hills' defense attorney T. Peter Pierce looked on, the judge questioned the filmmaker about the decision. Katzenbach observed that he "thought the statements in the book were sufficient in themselves." (Beverly Hills Confidential features Fogg's own detailed analytical musings about the Chasen case.)

"I'm totally with you on the nature of your theory [that Katzenbach likely qualifies for at least some access in this situation]," the judge explained. "And I'm also with you that it looks suspicious that Schroeder and Fogg were favored [over you]. But you have to dot your I's and cross your T's. And depositions would have done it."

Chalfant continued, "What I'm thinking about is what rights you have to do this all over again. CPRA [California Public Records Act] rights can be renewed. I have no opinion on that. The reason I'm wondering is that if you had pinned Mr. Fogg down as wearing his book hat, I think you'd get him on that." Still, he explained to Katzenbach, at least for now, "you presented a viable theory but you didn't finish the work."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286January 31, 2015 12:14 AM

Why can't AJ Benza investigate?

by Anonymousreply 287January 31, 2015 12:51 AM

Whatever happened to AJ Benza?

by Anonymousreply 288February 13, 2015 1:28 PM

Who is AJ Benza?

by Anonymousreply 289February 14, 2015 12:31 AM

48 Hours Mystery should investigate.

by Anonymousreply 290February 16, 2015 2:40 AM

What was her relationship to the PM of a certain country?

by Anonymousreply 291February 16, 2015 2:53 AM

R286, Did you read the following comment after THR article?

"The gun was giving to Smith from one of his neighbor to sell. All Smith did was trying to sell it. He didn't killed Ronni. He was at Prime Time when ronni got killed."

Obviously the police don't want to release their files because either there's nothing in it, or it'll prove incompetence and a cover-up on their part. Hollywood has a great deal of power over the Beverly Hills Police Dept. If they wanted the murder solved it would have been a long time ago.

Now the REAL question is WHY don't the powers that be running the entertainment industry want the truth to come out, and what did Chasen do to anger those with big money? Or was she just the fall guy for something else?

by Anonymousreply 292February 16, 2015 5:26 AM

Please don't forget the way the murder was conducted and the gun used, as determined by the bullets, clearly indicates a very professional hit by a trained assassin. Likely the hired murderer was back in Russia or a country with a organized crime presence later that same night.

by Anonymousreply 293February 16, 2015 5:31 AM

what country are you talking about, R291?

by Anonymousreply 294February 16, 2015 5:33 AM

The police in CA are so controlled by people with money. Remember that weird case of the big pharma CEO and his mistress who ended up hanging out a window nude which was explained away as a suicide? She was obviously murdered.

by Anonymousreply 295February 16, 2015 5:34 AM

Man, This is one murder I would just love to see solved or have info on. You just know there is some deep, dark, convoluted conspiracy with a long log of big associated names behind it. Some power was behind it...but what? What was she involved in? Why was this not investigated to the hilt? It's like okay, she's dead, some random black dude on a bicycle out of nowhere shot her, let's just forget it happened....like some random bushy-haired black guy did it (meaning incop talk ...it's not as it seemed).

by Anonymousreply 296February 16, 2015 5:44 AM

Yeah, I remember the foreign Asian mistress who elaborately hung herself and went to extreme measures to somehow tie her hands behind her back with some well known techinique to trained Boy Scouts and launched herself out a window of an estate naked after her rich boy friend's son earlier fell off a stair landing and died in her care. You know, it all was just an accident. Oh my.

by Anonymousreply 297February 16, 2015 5:53 AM

Some money changed hands R297.

by Anonymousreply 298February 16, 2015 5:55 AM

Why do they always think that the black man did it? This is a fascinating murder mystery and the cover up has made it even more interesting. Where is Barnaby Jones when you need him? Or Joe Mannix?

by Anonymousreply 299February 16, 2015 6:32 AM

R297, that story still bugs the hell out of me. Fuck that guy and the local PD.

by Anonymousreply 300February 16, 2015 6:44 AM

I'd love to see this solved, too, but see no reason to think there's an enormous conspiracy involving all the powers that be in Hollywood and parts unknown. All you need is one influential and/or rich person wanting the details of this murder to be hidden, not SCORES of influential people.

by Anonymousreply 301February 16, 2015 11:08 AM

I hope the documentary being made gets released. If it never gets completed or released,I hope Aphrodite Jones or another true crime author/investigator looks into the case and writes a book.

by Anonymousreply 302February 16, 2015 3:43 PM

[quote]Why do they always think that the black man did it?

No one does -- in fact, it is rather insulting to most that the cops tried to get us to believe that.

Same with the San Diego case -- it sounds like the fiancee tried to off the heir so her anticipated children would inherit, and the family took revenge by hanging her.

by Anonymousreply 303February 17, 2015 2:18 AM

Of course it's not SCORES of influential or rich people that wanted Chasen dead. Still there are rumors about a promised exchange of a starlet to an underworld crime figure for movie financing and a sale of possibly forged high end art. It was a very professional assassination style hit.

Perhaps uncovering the truth could reveal a whole lot more about shady deals in the entertainment world.

by Anonymousreply 304February 17, 2015 3:18 AM

Maybe she was like a female Jeffrey Epstein for the West Coast set.

by Anonymousreply 305February 17, 2015 3:21 AM

Wasn't there a rumor about P.Diddy running a Jeffrey Epstein male hooker type ring?

The rumor about Chasen and the starlet could be plausible. Similar rumors about PR people and others pimping out younger actresses have gone on for years.

by Anonymousreply 306February 17, 2015 11:03 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 307February 27, 2015 9:26 PM

[quote]Satan signed her paychecks.

I did and the contract with Ronni had to end

by Anonymousreply 308March 8, 2015 4:29 AM

Justice for Ronni!

by Anonymousreply 309March 9, 2015 4:22 AM

R308, Can you please explain your role as "Satan."

by Anonymousreply 310March 9, 2015 8:45 AM

Are there any theories about her brother being behind her death?

by Anonymousreply 311March 9, 2015 2:46 PM

This will never be solved because nobody in her life is pushing to get it solved. Everyone will just say the cops got it right.

by Anonymousreply 312March 9, 2015 3:57 PM

The only person who isn't buying the cops' story is Diane Warren, as a previous poster mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 313March 10, 2015 3:10 AM

[quote]The only person who isn't buying the cops' story is Diane Warren

The only industry person to doubt it aloud.

Everyone else in Hollywood doubts it silently, and we regular people doubt it here

by Anonymousreply 314March 10, 2015 6:03 PM

Looks like it's a much bigger story with twists. Anyone care to elaborate about what deals Ronni MIGHT have been making on the side and with whom? Did she know Selena Diane Jenkins? Let me know if I should start a new thread on the underground laundering money schemes. Does it involve actors as well as young actresses?

by Anonymousreply 315March 10, 2015 10:22 PM

The clams killed Ronni.

by Anonymousreply 316March 10, 2015 10:29 PM

I wonder what the status of the documentary on the murders is now, since the film maker couldn't get the police files.

by Anonymousreply 317March 11, 2015 1:53 PM

[quote]The only person who isn't buying the cops' story is Diane Warren, as a previous poster mentioned.

Yes, this is true. And like R314 said, she is the only one in the industry to doubt it out loud. She sometimes tweets about it. They were good friends. I wonder if anything will happen to her, too.

by Anonymousreply 318March 11, 2015 2:03 PM

[quote]I wonder what the status of the documentary on the murders is now, since the film maker couldn't get the police files.

There hasn't been any news on the documentary in awhile. The filmmaker also said that many of Chasen's friends and relatives refuse to speak to him. I don't see the film ever getting completed or released.

by Anonymousreply 319March 11, 2015 2:37 PM

[quote]Yes, this is true. And like [R314] said, she is the only one in the industry to doubt it out loud. She sometimes tweets about it. They were good friends. I wonder if anything will happen to her, too.

Diane Warren is pretty wealthy and she could afford a good security team around her house. I give her props for speaking out against the police story.

by Anonymousreply 320March 11, 2015 2:47 PM

There was also supposed to be a French documentary, but nothing on that for several years.

by Anonymousreply 321March 11, 2015 5:24 PM

Did she know Robert Durst?

by Anonymousreply 322March 11, 2015 6:59 PM

She probably didn't know Durst, but probably knew tons of Hollywood sociopaths.

by Anonymousreply 323March 12, 2015 1:12 AM

ba-ba-bump

by Anonymousreply 324April 11, 2015 2:54 PM

Updating investigation to add that there's a theory about a long standing conflict between the Russian Mob and Mid East enforcers over desired escorts. It means that alternately one side does a hit. That's why the Russian Mob took out Chasen when she didn't deliver what was promised.

by Anonymousreply 325April 12, 2015 1:54 AM

I've always thought that the stolen art was behind everything. Rumor has it that she helped the Russians bring in to the US stolen art and something went wrong.

by Anonymousreply 326April 12, 2015 5:35 AM

r325 this was one of the enty items on another thread. (I can't remember the title or I'd link it, if it's still here).

One of the original theories was Chasen's client got involved in escorting, and a Russian mobster wanted her exclusively, and she balked.

Another theory was a fight between an actor and a mobster over a client. Chasen tried to keep the peace and protect her client, and she was killed as a warning.

Another theory is she was shot by people to whom her brother owed money. She had allegedly bailed the brother out, but he was still in trouble.

r326, the only thing odd with that is Russians aren't known to use art as a money-maker like the Irish and other groups do.

by Anonymousreply 327April 12, 2015 12:12 PM

The brother Larry Cohen has always been suspicious to me. I remember early on, he kept saying that he thought the killing was road rage related.

by Anonymousreply 328April 12, 2015 1:13 PM

A few months ago, her brother and an escort/ porn star-looking woman were running ads on Craigslist in LA looking for people to work on some kind of dopey project. No, they didn't want to pay.

Shady.

by Anonymousreply 329April 12, 2015 1:22 PM

[quote] Russians aren't known to use art as a money-maker like the Irish and other groups do

I don't think the art smuggling was a way to make money. It that it was a way to pay for whatever Chasen was getting for them. I can see them killing her over art pieces. Rumor has it that not a lot of people saw the inside of her house.

by Anonymousreply 330April 12, 2015 2:42 PM

Didn't she live in a condo?

by Anonymousreply 331April 12, 2015 3:06 PM

[quote]One of the original theories was Chasen's client got involved in escorting, and a Russian mobster wanted her exclusively, and she balked.

So how do we find out who her clients were?

by Anonymousreply 332April 12, 2015 3:11 PM

At the end of WWII, the Soviets confiscated the art the Nazis had stolen from the countries they conquered. There is still over 100,000 pieces (of varying value) missing. There is a very active underground market for this art among the various groups around the world who are attempting to circumvent the money laundering laws designed to expose their illegal activities.

by Anonymousreply 333April 12, 2015 3:26 PM

She was promoting for the film "Burlesque."

If she had been gay and promoting Ladder 49 what would you be concluding now?

by Anonymousreply 334April 12, 2015 3:37 PM

According to the ballistics report, a homeless black man, on a bicycle, fired a perfect circle of five bullets through Chasen's heart, while off-balance at a momentary traffic stop, despite using 9mm bullets and a .38 revolver (not a perfect fit but they can be fired that way).

If he were that capable with a weapon, he wouldn't have been so poor.

by Anonymousreply 335April 12, 2015 3:38 PM

People don't realize that Hollywood has been running on financial fumes for the past decade, with Middle Eastern oil money, and Russian Mafia money almost exclusively funding major projects.

With the price of oil collapsing, things are getting dicey.

by Anonymousreply 336April 12, 2015 3:40 PM

Also for the record, Ronnie Chasen never hit on my Mom.

by Anonymousreply 337April 12, 2015 3:40 PM

Money laundering would explain the almost inexplicable lack of quality, bad marketing and absence of ambition in the majority of studio product. Might as well make lukewarm tripe like "Stay Hard" - a classic like that probably exists only to repurpose drug money or sex trafficking money, and reflects the sensibility of its producers.

by Anonymousreply 338April 12, 2015 3:44 PM

Scientology killed Ronni.

by Anonymousreply 339April 12, 2015 5:08 PM

bømp

by Anonymousreply 340May 10, 2015 11:38 PM

Still wonder if she had dirt on BiBi

by Anonymousreply 341May 10, 2015 11:40 PM

[quote] I remember the foreign Asian mistress who elaborately hung herself and went to extreme measures to somehow tie her hands behind her back with some well known techinique to trained Boy Scouts and launched herself out a window

It wasn't a well-known Boy Scout knot. It was an unusual knot that's used almost exclusively in the maritime industry. Shacknai's brother who was also staying in a guest house on the estate at the time found her body. His profession? Tug boat captain. I mean, Jesus, how obvious could this get?

by Anonymousreply 342May 10, 2015 11:58 PM

Let's discuss this some more. Any news on the upcoming documentary? Imdb lists it as in filming.

by Anonymousreply 343July 9, 2015 3:25 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 344July 11, 2015 1:32 AM

Bill Cosby was behind Ronni's death.

by Anonymousreply 345July 21, 2015 4:26 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 346August 3, 2015 12:48 AM

More info on Ronni?

by Anonymousreply 347August 29, 2015 7:39 PM

After all that r342, the mom of the dead kid started a group to protect stepchildren from their new parents. This implied the woman who "hung" herself had a hand in killing the kid, so her own kids would inherit the rich guys money.

After all that nothing was heard from the "hung" girl's family.

by Anonymousreply 348August 30, 2015 12:58 AM

After the court sided with Beverley Hills Police and allowed their case files to be sealed, the guy trying to do a documentary on the Ronni Chasen murder was pretty much shut down.

by Anonymousreply 349August 30, 2015 1:26 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350August 30, 2015 4:03 PM

The autopsy wasn't released until December 2013 -- the person here who was bringing up details about the "perfect circle of bullets" years before the autopsy was made public was wrong. No surprise there.

The autopsy is linked in this article in a PDF. You can tell from the diagrams (page 20) that there were four shots, going from left to right, starting at the shoulder and progressing to the chest. There was no circle.

The "perfect circle" was the main point of "evidence" for the idea that this was a "very professional" hit. Guess it wasn't that professional after all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351August 30, 2015 5:06 PM

I liked the "female, West Coast version of Jeffrey Epstein" theory from up-thread. I can TOTALLY see that here...didn't Andrew Brietbart also die around this time and not too far from Whittier Drive, either....? Breitbart died from a "heart attack" while out jogging around his neighborhood at midnight. Midnight - LOL. Totally believable. Yup. Any way the two might be connected? Also, the fantastical nonsense one finds when you google 'Ronni Chasen murder'. One wacko is convinced she was off-ed because she had a video of Sheryl Crow with a strap on screwing an underage girl at a private party...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352November 23, 2016 11:35 PM

Justice for Ronni!

by Anonymousreply 353November 26, 2016 2:22 AM

What an odd thing to sayo R351. The dude on the bicycle was a druggie who couldn't have hit a barn door!

by Anonymousreply 354November 26, 2016 3:39 AM

One of the dumbest threads in DL history.

by Anonymousreply 355November 26, 2016 3:42 AM

Whoever did it had to be able to compel the cooperation of the BHPD. Meaning they must have done it.

by Anonymousreply 356November 26, 2016 3:51 AM

Nothing was stolen from her people. That's your first clue

by Anonymousreply 357November 26, 2016 5:36 PM

r355 knows something.

by Anonymousreply 358November 27, 2016 6:53 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 359January 15, 2017 7:43 PM

I"m guessing it was Netanyahu she had dirt on.

Of course Americans have been getting better at assassination lately (I guess practice makes perfect, right General Petraeus?)

by Anonymousreply 360January 15, 2017 8:22 PM

What dirt would she have on Bibi? I'm admittedly curious, but in any case, what difference would it make? He would justufy it as an anti-terrorist act, blame the Palestinians, call his critics anti-Zionists and get his dick sucked by Congress. ie, business as usual.

by Anonymousreply 361January 16, 2017 4:29 PM

R5

Hmmm

by Anonymousreply 362October 21, 2017 5:21 AM

The "killer" lived at the Harvey Apartments, and Ronni Chasen had just come from an event at the W Hotel.

by Anonymousreply 363November 20, 2017 7:46 AM

Was her name Ronalda?

by Anonymousreply 364November 20, 2017 7:49 AM

Veronica, R364

by Anonymousreply 365December 9, 2017 9:38 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 366June 25, 2021 1:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!