Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Closeted actor Jeremy Renner hates gay rumors

Jeremy Renner is disgusted by unwanted attention to his personal life and his housemate and best friend Kristoffer Winters, whom he refers to as his "brother", he tells Details:

It's not surprising that in Renner's dating vacuum, the worst bottom-feeding websites have suggested there's something more to his relationship with his pal and sometime housemate Winters. The unwanted attention nauseates him, even as he understands its causes.

"I don't pay attention to that horseshit. Build 'em up to bring 'em down?" he says of celebrity culture. "I'm not going on that train, my son. I'm not going on that train. I'll walk. I'll take a bike." He lets out a laugh that sounds like a lawn mower starting up. "I'd rather just not be popular."

Renner doesn't date because he doesn't have time:

When Renner says he's given up his life for his job, this is what he means: "I never dated, because I couldn't afford to date. I didn't even have electricity. You try to put a positive spin on it, like, 'Hey, this is so sexy—look at all these candles!' But I loved what I was doing. The sacrifices I made in personal relationships had the biggest effect on my life. Even now, any woman would take a No. 2 seat to my job."

by Anonymousreply 12604/22/2015

Is he saying he's a virgin???

by Anonymousreply 111/22/2011

Calling somebody gay is a put-down? Fuck you, asshole. I will never watch another movie of his again. Hope gay people boycott this short little, ugly fuck.

by Anonymousreply 211/22/2011

Gay people should also wipe their ass with DETAILS magazine. It's a homophobic rag that steals from gay men and claims it as their own for creepy metro-sexual "straight" men.

by Anonymousreply 311/22/2011

Details is an embarrassment when compared to what it was 2 decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 411/22/2011

Where does he say being called gay nauseates him? He says the prying into his life nauseates him. He hates "rumors".

I've met him a couple times - could be gay but didn't ping at all to me. Seemed more like one of those tough guy/cowboy types. But very nice and very cool. Makes me cringe to see him blasted here for something he doesn't say.

by Anonymousreply 511/22/2011

[quote]Seemed more like one of those tough guy/cowboy types.

This made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 711/22/2011

He's a teeny tiny man that wants to be a big muscle big shot. He's Shia LeBoeuf, basically.

by Anonymousreply 811/22/2011

He's is SUCH a drama queen.

by Anonymousreply 911/22/2011

He better watch it: if he keeps up at that attitude, then he won't have to worry about anyone talking about him at all.

As it is, he's only got the people who actually know who he is.

by Anonymousreply 1011/22/2011

[quote]the worst bottom-feeding websites have suggested there's something more to his relationship with his pal and sometime housemate Winters.

What is this pertaining to? Gay sites?

You need to get that Sachs asshole fired. This isn't right. That asshole needs to go. Contact him and Details.

by Anonymousreply 1211/22/2011

Fuck you, R11. You defend this asshole. Fuck you. Get some self-respect.

by Anonymousreply 1311/22/2011

It's a bunch of grandstanding to get some press for his ass is what it is. EVERY actor or public figure KNOWS that the public will take an interest in his private life if he is remotely attractive. It's part of the whole game. What the fuck is he, headless? The same old TIRED "Woe is me, the public just won't leave me alone. Why must they be so nosy about my private life? Why do they CARE so much? Sniff. Sniff."

Just go away, you big BORE. Guess what? I don't know who this actor even IS and I don't care if he sleeps with donkeys. He obviously is an ASS, so there would be some symmetry in that.

by Anonymousreply 1411/22/2011

He's promoting the latest Mission Impossible movie, btw. He'll need to make a lot of outrageous statements to generate interest in this turd.

by Anonymousreply 1511/22/2011

Details has always been the go-to vehicle to publicly deny your actual details.

by Anonymousreply 1611/22/2011

Sheesh, r13, get a grip.

by Anonymousreply 1711/22/2011

Never, R17.

by Anonymousreply 1811/22/2011

Princess Geranium speaks!

Hee.

by Anonymousreply 1911/22/2011

Actually, I think R14 and R15 speak the truth.

This is a transparent bid for attention... where there is none. No one really cares much about Renner (particularly after The Town), and people care even less about the latest tired MI movie.

And NO ONE reads Details anymore.

So a little gay stuff in the mix (pro or con) is good for business.

by Anonymousreply 2011/22/2011

R20, so 'bids for attention' makes everything acceptable? Because if that's the case. Rehire Brett Ratner.

by Anonymousreply 2111/22/2011

Details has always been a shitty magazine that stole gay attitude, gay fashion, gay sensibility, and then insisted it was for straight men, by straight men.

by Anonymousreply 2211/22/2011

I didn't know who he is, so I just googled him, and fuck, he really is an ugly short man.

I can't think why anyone would care if he were gay.

by Anonymousreply 2311/22/2011

Who the hell is he? I checked out imdb and still -- who the hell is he?

by Anonymousreply 2411/22/2011

He's quite a good actor, r24. He isn't handsome enough to be a leading man, but he's strong support in big movies, e.g., [italic]the Town[/italic] and [italic]the Assassination of Jesse James . . . [/italic] He had a tiny part as Hawkeye in [italic]Thor[/italic], so he might have his own franchise coming.

by Anonymousreply 2511/22/2011

I don't think I've ever read much gossip about him. He's not exactly being hounded by the paparazzi so I don't really know what he's complaining about. I guess he's trying to seem more like a movie star and in more 'demand' than he really is.

by Anonymousreply 2611/22/2011

A heterosexual version of Hawkeye.

by Anonymousreply 2711/22/2011

I have to say though, apart from the sheer, unadulterated pointlessness of the whole piece - I don't like soup but I don't make a fuss about it - the majority of the scathing comes from the article writer, not really from the actor.

The 'horseshit' he refers to seems to be about celebrity rumor in general. It's the article writer that twists it, though no doubt with the help of some sad hack publicist.

As I said, I hate Details, I think it's an appalling magazine. I can't even begin to imagine its audience.

by Anonymousreply 2811/22/2011

[quote]He had a tiny part as Hawkeye in Thor, so he might have his own franchise coming

He does. He's the big-name addition to The Avengers.

by Anonymousreply 2911/22/2011

His reputed partner is some sort of monstrous ginger freak.

by Anonymousreply 3111/22/2011

He's also will be in the new Bourne movies.

by Anonymousreply 3211/22/2011

[quote]Who the hell is he? I checked out imdb and still -- who the hell is he?

He is best known as the star of The Hurt Locker. That film won the Oscar for Best Picture, and he was nominated for Best Actor.

by Anonymousreply 3311/22/2011

It's just the "co-investor" in his house.

by Anonymousreply 3411/22/2011

the tone of his comments scream "trying to hard"

by Anonymousreply 3511/22/2011

He looks like the reincarnation of Peter Lorre.

by Anonymousreply 3611/22/2011

R3, so Details is homophobic now? I thought in the past we said it was pro-gay, and really a gay magazine posing as a straight magazine?

We need to get our theories straight.

by Anonymousreply 3711/22/2011

so Details is homophobic now? I thought in the past we said it was pro-gay, and really a gay magazine posing as a straight magazine?

To be a gay maagzine posing as a straight maagzine, it has to be homophobic. It presents you with all the male muscles and ass and primping tips, it needs to pretend to be antigay.

It's like the high school football captain who mutters to you, "Don't let me catch you looking at me in the showers, gaywad" so he's sure you look at him sensually lathering up and posing in the nude.

by Anonymousreply 3811/22/2011

I get the concept, R38, but when I've looked at Details in the past it has usually had pro-gay articles and issues

by Anonymousreply 3911/22/2011

R37, Details and Esquire have often made fun of gay men.

Here's an example from Details: See Link.

Esquire told father's to call their sons "shit-licking faggots".

by Anonymousreply 4011/22/2011

Another Details link:

by Anonymousreply 4111/22/2011

Jeremy is Aout to become an international superstar. He was nominated for an Oscar the last two years. He is being groomed to take over the Mission Impossible franchise. He is Hawkeye in The Avengers. And he is taking over the Bourne movies starting with The Bourne Legacy. I'm his step uncle and am very excited about this upcoming year for him.

by Anonymousreply 4211/22/2011

So is he gay or what, uncle?

by Anonymousreply 4311/22/2011

He says he's not.

by Anonymousreply 4411/22/2011

I'm his 6th cousin and he told me he was.

by Anonymousreply 4511/22/2011

Tough guy/cowboy types are the queerest of them all, toots.

by Anonymousreply 4611/22/2011

I know a guy who knows another guy who knows the butcher of his 6th cousin and I was told he is.

by Anonymousreply 4711/22/2011

Jeremy's 12th cousin, my 18th cousin said that he heard from our great, great, great, great, great step aunt that he was bi.

by Anonymousreply 4811/22/2011

From everythong I've read about him he seems like a humorless twat.

by Anonymousreply 4911/22/2011

In other words, R42, because he's going to be a movie star now he can't come out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 5111/22/2011

The poor guy. People should just leave him alone, like magazine writers.

by Anonymousreply 5211/22/2011

Obviously Tom Cruise is rearing that boy the right way!

by Anonymousreply 5311/22/2011

At the Oscars a couple of years ago Colin Farrell joked about spooning Jeremy Renner

by Anonymousreply 5411/22/2011

He seems awfully boring-looking to become an international superstar and have three franchises.

by Anonymousreply 5511/22/2011

Tell me about it, R55.

by Anonymousreply 5611/22/2011

"I'm not going on that train, my son. I'm not going on that train. I'll walk. I'll take a bike."

That literally sounds like Cruise scripted it for him.

by Anonymousreply 5711/22/2011

I haven't read Details magazine in decades.

by Anonymousreply 5811/22/2011

I wasn't aware it had been around that long

by Anonymousreply 5911/22/2011

What's a "magazine"?

by Anonymousreply 6011/22/2011

The lady doth protest too much.

He has NEVER dated??? Not as in codename for sex and obviously no relationships?

Either asexual, gay or both.

by Anonymousreply 6111/22/2011

He's such a fuckin' rat face who would care? Of course he's not gay. He just wears low waisted jeans, high heels and carries a poodle because he likes to.

by Anonymousreply 6311/22/2011

R11= bad fiction writer.

by Anonymousreply 6411/22/2011

It's sickening...it's one thing to be a cowardly closet case. It's another to be a homophobic closet case. He can go fuck himself. Along with Scott Caan and Colton Haynes. They're really disgusting pieces of shit. It makes me admire out actors even more.

by Anonymousreply 6511/22/2011

Cut him some slack, perhaps he's Catholic. Even the non-molested wait until their parents have passed to begin dating.

by Anonymousreply 6611/22/2011

While the laywer his handlers used certainly said some disgusting things R65, Colton Haynes himself has been nothing but publicly "gay-friendly".

I mean perhaps doesn't make a difference to you, but as someone who hates Renner responses her but at least can sympathize with what happened to Haynes it is worth pointing out.

by Anonymousreply 6811/22/2011

If Hollywood and its precious actors don't like gay/sexuality rumors... then STOP keeping everyone in the closet.

It fucking pisses me off that the industry doesn't seem to get that it created this whole mess in the first place. It feeds it itself! The more you continue to treat it like it's some career poison, some taboo...then people are going to continue to wonder, speculate and gossip. It's just the way it is.

And of ALL the things people can gossip about, if it's about sexuality - and again, we're talking about grown ass men and women here with protection and publicists, not closeted teens/kids - so the fuck what? There's nothing wrong with being LGBT, so where's the 'insult'? Seriously, there so many more things these people could be concerned about.

by Anonymousreply 6911/22/2011

R68...you're full of shit. Haynes publicly stated that the gay rumors about him were motivated by HATE. That's homophobic.

And you cannot divorce him from his lawyer's letter which referred to pictures of two young men kissing as perverted. He had to approve that language. it's ridiculous to act as if he had nothing to do with it. It's being done on HIS behalf.

I think he's incredibly fuckable too, but get your ethics out of your pants. He's been unbelievably homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 7011/22/2011

R68...and I don't know where you're getting this " incredibly gay-friendly" bullshit. He's never made a single gay positive statement, and shies away from his co-stars when they acknowledge any homoeroticism on the werewolf show. he's done exactly the OPPOSITE.

by Anonymousreply 7111/22/2011

"Too busy to date."??

He is way too old to say something that stupid. Besides that, he's damn ugly.

Whatever, he is a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 7211/22/2011

If Bill Clinton could run this country, have a wife and still find time to date...I'm thinking this closet case could take a girl out, once in awhile.

by Anonymousreply 7311/22/2011

Shrugs, Colton is part of the Love is Louder campaign (PR crap I know)and he sometimes tweets about pro-gay causes.

I don't recall him doing anything homophobic, but maybe ya'll know things I don't. Anyway, not trying to derail the thread I was stating what I knew from following him.

by Anonymousreply 7411/22/2011

Hi, I'm actor Kristoffer Winters, with two f's. Do I look like I smelled cookies?

by Anonymousreply 7511/22/2011

He not only sounds homophobic, but stupid. Why would he think it necessary to squeeze verbal dog poop through his odd little teeth in this nasty way?

by Anonymousreply 7611/22/2011

R75,

Gah! Is he from the future?

by Anonymousreply 7711/22/2011

Colton Haynes is not necessarily anti-gay (and of course he is gay anyway), but he did go back into the closet and pretend to be straight AFTER he posed for photos making out with his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 7811/22/2011

He's not gay, and nor does he appeal to gays. He has a face only a very determined woman could love.

by Anonymousreply 7911/22/2011

I remember there was a thread here on his ass once and the fact that it was considered fairly nice.

Or is that not enough to save him now?

by Anonymousreply 8011/22/2011

Well technically I don't have time for dating either, but I just call up for take out.

by Anonymousreply 8111/22/2011

Why is anyone surprised? Even if he didn't say it, he sure as hell isn't going to deny it - his handlers won't let him. He's set to take over a major franchise, which means you can't have nosy people speculating about the ginger-haired man you live with.

by Anonymousreply 8211/23/2011

"He is way too old to say something that stupid."

He really is - 40 years old actor should know better.

by Anonymousreply 8311/23/2011

So what if they co-owned a house.

by Anonymousreply 8411/23/2011

Renner is a cunt

by Anonymousreply 8511/23/2011

Of course we expect him to deny being gay R82, but we don't expect him to do it in such an insulting way.

Being speculated about being gay is not an insult. I have no tolerance for people who act like it is offensive.

Regardless of whether Renner is closeted or not, that is not cool.

by Anonymousreply 8611/23/2011

Leave him alone. He's just a mama's boy who takes his mom to the Oscars every year. He doesn't have a gf because he only has time for his friends. He's entitled to his closeted life. kapisch!

by Anonymousreply 8711/23/2011

[quote]kapisch!

Oh, [italic]dear.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 8811/23/2011

He has a low sex drive, in fact...he can't even get it up. Very sad case. I guess he isn't like George, who can afford to hire girlfriends.

by Anonymousreply 8911/23/2011

What franchise is he working on?

Remember, the studio wouldn't let Cary Grant live with his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 9011/23/2011

Why does Adam Sachs still have a career with DETAILS?

by Anonymousreply 9111/23/2011

who says "step-uncle?"

by Anonymousreply 9211/23/2011

We completely understand Jeremy Renner's disgust with these rumors. Why is it that America is so prurient it has to make something ugly out of best friends living together, sharing their lives and bank accounts, and creating careers for one another?

We just don't get it.

Signed, Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King

(well, dictated by Oprah to Gayle, who typed it out for both)

by Anonymousreply 9311/23/2011

My sister is married to his Dad.

by Anonymousreply 9411/24/2011

I remember watching him on Bravo's reality show The It Factor. He was gay then.

by Anonymousreply 9511/24/2011

Really, really liked Jeremy in everything I've seen him do.

But my respect for him has gone down considerably. I understand the need for him to be in the closet if he's going to be heading up big movie franchises. Don't necessarily approve, but I do understand it.

But couldn't he have found a nicer way to deny the rumors. Saying it nauseates him, nauseates me.

Hugh Jackman, George Clooney, even Johnny Galecki have found classy ways to deny the gay rumors without insulting gay fans.

You can lie if you want to, but don't insult me in the process.

by Anonymousreply 9611/24/2011

True, R96. He could have done what Kellan Lutz did and just say he likes living with gay men.

by Anonymousreply 9711/24/2011

he dates in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 9811/24/2011

If that's not anti-gay, r78, then what is?

by Anonymousreply 9911/24/2011

The difference between what you're citing and what's happening w/ Haynes (if that truly is what's going on) is simply a matter of degrees.

by Anonymousreply 10111/24/2011

Is a butch faggot such as I to believe that no one has mentioned the fact that Jeremy Renner is/was a MAKEUP Queen who got into acting gigs late in life? The cocksucking Mamma's Boy from Modesto knows how to work her face with product.

How vomitous of Her, the prissy mascaraed over-privileged millionaire, to imply that homosexuality is not to be identified with.

by Anonymousreply 10211/24/2011

He's just trying to follow the Kevin Spacey route- DADT. Why this insistance on everyone coming out- he leads a private life. He's a good actor, and a close friend . And he makes me feel tall.

by Anonymousreply 10311/24/2011

[quote]who got into acting gigs late in life?

that's not true

by Anonymousreply 10411/24/2011

imdb does not provide Renner's real, full bio. For many years, MAKEUP, DECORATING and flipping houses, and LIVING WITH ANOTHER PENISED-PERSON took up his time until wearing makeup and TAKING HIS MOM TO AWARDS SHOWS came along.

What part of "dude is a gay cocksucker who pisses on homosexuality in interviews" do you not get?

by Anonymousreply 10511/25/2011

LOL

by Anonymousreply 10611/26/2011

Johnny Galecki denies that he's gay?

by Anonymousreply 10702/13/2012

Jeremy's kept very quiet since he was almost knifed in that gay bar in Thailand. Is he just hoping everyone will forget ?

by Anonymousreply 10802/21/2012

I don't think the article ever said he has anything against gay people or that he felt homosexuality was wrong. What it said was he was tired of the rumors. Different things. If someone keeps picking at you about something you'll eventually blow up. He also didn't choke the gut out because he called Renner a f-g, he choked the guy out because he was being a douche to Renner and his sister. And I just love all the people with such strong viewpoints who won't post a name.

by Anonymousreply 10904/04/2012

Well Mr. #109, Russell Edwards, privacy is important to a lot of us. Maybe not you. But now that I know you, where you live, how old you are, what kind of car you drive, & how much you make, I'll be sure and not tell anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 11004/04/2012

I post here a lot, and always sign my name. I'm not afraid of people knowing who I am.

by Anonymousreply 11104/05/2012

I just have one thng to say. Who cares. He sexy no matter wat

by Anonymousreply 11206/06/2012

Renner could never play a role like Mark Ruffalo did in The Kids Are Alright - having sex and being naked with a woman. He is just about tolerable in action movies, he was a total blank though in The Hurt Locker.

by Anonymousreply 11306/06/2012

You know, it's funny how everyone sets their default button on heterosexuality. Let's just assume everyone's straight until we get hard evidence (literally) that they're otherwise. And heaven forbid that anyone be accused of being a shameful degenerate homosexual unless it's beyond a shadow of a doubt.

It's well known that there are careers that homosexual men tend to gravitate towards: decorating, landscaping, hairdressing, ballet dancing and - GASP!!! - acting. Only with acting the business has a very heavy investment in presenting actors as being absolutely straight. But still, you get all these nagging persistent rumors about actors (and no, not just on DL, but all over the net). As the cliche goes "where there's smoke, there's gotta be a fire." As far as acting goes, the burden of proof needs to be that they're straight, not gay.

by Anonymousreply 11410/09/2012

Is he gay, lesbian, bisexual, bilingual,monogamist, a transvestite -- who cares? Acting is just that: acting. She's a fine actress, so let's leave her alone.

by Anonymousreply 11511/12/2012

No matter what everyone says, Jeremy Lee Renner is an intense, serious, highly competent actor. Maybe not conventionally beautiful but very competent. He's the NEW Ernest Borgnine. He could also be the new James Cagney. Agree?

by Anonymousreply 11611/12/2012

How can I display and read the replies to my comments?

by Anonymousreply 11711/12/2012

[quote]imdb does not provide Renner's real, full bio. For many years, MAKEUP, DECORATING and flipping houses, and LIVING WITH ANOTHER PENISED-PERSON took up his time until wearing makeup and TAKING HIS MOM TO AWARDS SHOWS came along

OMG!!

by Anonymousreply 11811/12/2012

Really? He's gay? I never would've known, although his being a fussy dresser might have given it away.

by Anonymousreply 11911/16/2012

I thought he was outed accidently by Ted Casablanca and that is why Ted got fired. He forgot to disguise the name in the middle of one of his items and called the subject "Jeremy"..he was let go from E for it.

by Anonymousreply 12011/16/2012

Homosexuals are men who in fifteen years of trying cannot get a pissant antidiscrimination bill through City Council.

by Anonymousreply 12111/16/2012

And yet, Jeremy looks so hot on the cover of Details Magazine.

by Anonymousreply 12211/16/2012

He looks very very gay on the cover of Details.

by Anonymousreply 12311/16/2012

re: 113... not sure about Mark Ruffalo's role in The Kids Are Alright, but apparently you haven't seen Monkey Love or the series The Unusuals... he makes love to his women co-stars in both... not that I understand what that meant in respect to confirming his sexuality...

BTW... since hr's had some time off he has been seen dating women, and not just by paparazzi, I see him at a bar we both frequent to listen to live music... and no it's not a gay bar, but a nice little place in Hollywood... he's been seen taking a female friend with him shopping at a pharmacy in Hollywood too, where they walked around with their arms around each other...

When I met him, he was extremely nice and friendly, someone else said he didn't "ping" when they met him, well he didn't ping in my radar either...

by Anonymousreply 12411/23/2012

Welcome, D-Listed bitches!

by Anonymousreply 12512/30/2014
Need more help? Click Here.