Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Fuck me, but I LOVE Sister Wives

I mean, yes, obviously they are narrow minded quasi-fundies (not the WORST kind), but they're kind of fun and sweet too.

by Anonymousreply 22206/28/2014

The new season starts tonight.

by Anonymousreply 111/18/2012

Who's your favorite sister wife? Mine is Janelle.

by Anonymousreply 311/18/2012

Cody obviously wants to bang skinny Robin the most.

by Anonymousreply 411/18/2012

Robyn's the worst. She's a fundie wet blanket who cries in every scene.

by Anonymousreply 511/18/2012

Love this show, but I need for a wife to take off, which would deflate Kody's ego.

by Anonymousreply 611/19/2012

Guilty pleasure of mine, too.

I think Christine is my fave, but I like Janelle.

I remember reading Amazon reviews of the book they all co-authored with some ghost writer, and apparently they were really candid and the details were juicy. It seems like the wives kept their distance from one another before the show started. Christine and Janelle agree that Meri treated them horribly (not surprising), and she's the reason they moved to private homes. Before the show started, both of them had to file bankruptcy, and Christine was getting by on welfare.

Christine has hinted at her struggles on the show before, in the context of Meri having so many resources with just one daughter, while she struggled to care for her five kids.

by Anonymousreply 711/19/2012

I tried to watch this show once but the urge to punch the "husband" Cody in the face was too much for me. What a smug, spoiled, narcissistic asshole. The "wives" just seemed stupid and sort of pathetic.

Theoretically, I'm not against polygamy. If people can afford more than one spouse and that's the life that consenting adults choose, it's nothing to me.

The key words are "consenting" and "adult". Most of the polygamy cults that have come up don't respect either of those requirements.

by Anonymousreply 811/19/2012

Christine is my favorite wife. I think Meri is evil.

by Anonymousreply 911/19/2012

The husband comes off as a major douche all of the time.

by Anonymousreply 1011/19/2012

I love this show too. R7 thanks for those details about the wives. Somehow I am not surprised that before the show the wives were not very close. They all seem like they don't like each other and seem to be jealous of each other too. And last night when they were saying if they didn't get the loans for the houses they wouldn't blame any of the other wives. You know if Robyn hadn't been approved for a loan they would have been bitching about her bringing them down. I don't think any of them really like her.

r8 You're description of Kody seems spot on. I can't figure what it is these women see in him? He is not good looking and comes off as a smug asshole.

r6 Robyn leaving would probbaly deflate Kody's over inflated ego.

by Anonymousreply 1111/19/2012

I don't watch the show but I've heard that one of the wives, the one who works outside the home(?), has threatened to take off and actually has left for days at a time but always comes back. Low self-esteem or what?

by Anonymousreply 1211/19/2012

I think Kodi is sexy and my favorite wife is Merri

by Anonymousreply 1311/19/2012

While this whole setup is obviously all about the man and his ego, I have to admit that it does seem like a pretty sweet deal for Kody. He wrote the intro to their book and in it he talks about how he has a great intellectual connection with one wife, is lovey and romantic with another, another is the fun loving one who always makes him laugh, etc. If I lived in a culture where it was somehow socially acceptable for me to pick and choose a few guys from among my acquaintance to marry (who would all have to be monogamous to me, of course) and always have someone around who made up for the attributes the others might lack, I'd be tempted to live that life. I'd like to think I'd be too put off by the blatant unfairness of it all to actually do it, but I guess having a religion the justifies it all for you takes care of that problem.

by Anonymousreply 1411/19/2012

Sorry -- late to the party here -- but isn't all that illegal?

by Anonymousreply 1511/19/2012

R15, he's only legally married to the first wife, but in Utah because of all the polymany there are really strict cohabitation laws which is supposedly why they moved to Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 1611/19/2012

Yeah, some of those women seem really nice but I watch to try to isolate the flaw in a woman's character that makes her believe she doesn't deserve better. It's almost like a carnival act for me to why a woman would settle for so little while placing herself in direct competition with other women she convinces herself of needing. I think "What went wrong with her?" It's like the woman are playing out their childhood family dynamics in their adult lives while breeding children. One has to suspect that these women lack special traits to endear themselves to a single partner. It's like they're competitive people who invest in a losing option. The competition in their heads has to be maddening...unless they grew up like that and it's just second nature for these broken souls.

by Anonymousreply 1711/19/2012

R17, I believe that only Christine grew up in a poly family though Kody's parents divorced and his dad remarried Janelle's mom.

by Anonymousreply 1811/19/2012

I read their book.

It was a fast read and full of interesting things.

I didn't buy but checked it out of the library.

I recommend it for anyone who likes the show.

Poor Janelle, Cody didn't want to marry her...

by Anonymousreply 1911/19/2012

Christine and Janelle both act like they're sick of Cody. But together they have a dozen brats with him.

by Anonymousreply 2111/19/2012

r20, he had his doubts and he wasn't attracted to her. He grew to love her.

Her story is horrible. ONce they married. Kody and Mary acted like they were still on their honeymoon. Janelle slept in the "guest" room. She was very alienated by both of them.

That is why Janelle and Christine are so close... Janelle had someone to bond with.

by Anonymousreply 2211/19/2012

oh r20, r21 and r19 here.

Get the book, it is very interesting and so much more went on behind the scenes early on.

It's free at the library.. I wasn't going to pay for it.

Fast read. Also, Robin sounds like she is full of it. So sweet, not buying it.

I do still feel sorry for Mary.

by Anonymousreply 2311/19/2012

Some more gossip from the book:

Kody has said on the show before that he wasn't attracted to Christine when they got married because she was overweight (Janelle gained weight post-marriage). In the book he wrote about how Christine ate nachos on their first date, and that he was actually repulsed by the sight of her eating (!!!).

In fact, Kody and Meri didn't want Christine at first. They were "courting" a girl that Christine had introduced to them at church. Only problem - the girl wasn't 18. So the focus shifted to Christine, against Meri's wishes.

Another tidbit: Janelle's mother is Kody's father's third wife. So they are also step-siblings. In the beginning of their courtship, Janelle's mother was dead set against the marriage. Kody's father asked Janelle to marry Kody's brother instead.

Also, Janelle was formerly Meri's sister-in-law. She was married to Meri's brother for about 6 months before they divorced. She and Meri were BFFs before she became Kody's second wife, and then their relationship cooled. She says that Meri turned against her practically overnight after the marriage.

by Anonymousreply 2411/19/2012

Meri is ugly and disgusting and is mother to the plainest, whiniest kid of the bunch. She doesn't work. Doesn't cook. Her kid is just about out the door, off to college. How does an empty nester get the same huge home a mom with 5 or 6 kids does? What's the financial rationalization for that?

And speaking of finances, how the hell do they afford FOUR homes??? Even if the pull in say half a million a year total, how do they afford that after food, clothes, dentists, doctors, etc. for 15 kids?

Did the book mention income or finances?

by Anonymousreply 2511/19/2012

I cannot figure out why Meri thinks she needs a large house with many bedrooms and tons of space when she has just one child, and that child is going off to college in another state (Utah) in less than a year.

It seems very selfish of Meri to demand so much money be spent on building her house and using way more of the family resources than is necessary.

Janelle and Christine both have 5 or 6 kids each, and Robin has 4 kids - so they need the large homes.

I support Janelle in her feeling that Meri should not have a large home. Also, Janelle mentioned that she (Janelle) has always been the biggest wage earner of the four women which means Janelle is giving money to Meri who has just one grown kid.

by Anonymousreply 2611/19/2012

R25, they can't afford them! All of them had to file bankruptcy - Janelle and Christine as individuals, and Kody and Meri as a couple. Christine was feeding her 6 kids with food stamps before the show started.

Janelle was in a slightly better position because after moving out of the shared home after years of warring with Meri, she went back to school and got a degree in accounting. Really it sounds like Janelle is the only one that held down a steady job pre-filming. Janelle wrote that Meri was notorious for taking off work to go on vacations with Kody, which would leave weeks with Janelle as the only source of income for the entire family.

by Anonymousreply 2711/19/2012

Thanks R27. I knew there was a reason Meri was my least favorite.

Bankruptcies do not equate to buying a home yet alone FOUR homes. Do we assume TLC is paying for them?

by Anonymousreply 2811/19/2012

I'm against polygamy because its one sided: the men get multiple wives but the women aren't allowed to do the same. Selfish and unequal any way you dress it up.

by Anonymousreply 2911/19/2012

I understand Meri's rationalization of why she should have a large house (i.e. her infertility and the fact that she wanted five kids), but it's an unfair argument to make when the rest of the family is bleeding resources, and they don't know how they're going to feed the rest of the kids. If she was really about family togetherness and working together towards a common good, she would hold off on her I-can't-have-kids-so-I-deserve-a-big-house demands until they actually have money coming in.

by Anonymousreply 3011/19/2012

r25 I too have wondered how they afford four houses. They can't be making that much from the show. Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy one big ass house than pay for four separate houses? It would be interesting to know what their financial situation is. It almost seems like Janelle resents being the only one of the wives that works.

by Anonymousreply 3111/19/2012

The four houses must suck for Kody. He doesn't have a place of his own he just keeps going back and between the houses. What kind of life is that? Their whole situation is really messed up.

by Anonymousreply 3211/19/2012

R25, they have 21 kids, not 15 kids, if I'm not mistaken.

All wives and all kids and Kody lived in one large house in Utah.

They left Utah because of persecution by the law and threats by the law, and moved to Las Vegas.

Since living in four rental houses in Las Vegas, they've all complained and worried about the lack of cohesiveness and emotional distance and how the kids are not as friendly with each other now that they are all living in four separate rental houses instead of one house like in Utah.

So WHY are they building FOUR separate new houses instead of one big house so they could all live together like they used to? That has not been explained at all.

In Utah in the one big house, they often shared meals together and shared cooking and Kody didn't have to run from house to house.

I can only guess that now that the four wives have gotten accustomed to each having their own private separate rental house, they don't wish to go back to just one large house altogether.

Oddly, building the four new houses right next to each other is not much different from the rental houses they are currently living in. The four rental houses are all very near each other.

by Anonymousreply 3311/20/2012

What will Meri do, though, with a large house and 4 or 5 bedrooms, and accomodations big enough for a large family which she doesn't have?

I understand that some her sister wives' kids will come over to stay over night for fun and companionship for Meri, but that still doesn't warrant needing a large house and the expenditure of funds.

That new beautiful silver-copper colored convertible sports car is suspicious. They claimed Kody was awarded the car as a prize because they've all been working for a marketing company. That sounds odd and maybe it's a coverup and they don't want to admit that Kody bought the car.

by Anonymousreply 3411/20/2012

Has Christine's baby daughter had an illness almost since birth? She is older now, maybe two years old or so, and she still doesn't have any hair to speak of.

She has never had any hair and has looked very peaked, pale, weak, and somewhat fragile since birth.

by Anonymousreply 3511/20/2012

I've wondered that too, R35.

by Anonymousreply 3611/20/2012

Aside form their big one unit home in Utah, I had never seen anything like it before. Which is probably why they don't buy one big house. Where do you buy one of those with 20+ rooms?

In Vegas as any city has bulding permits and probably doesn't allow the construction of the one big home.

by Anonymousreply 3711/20/2012

r29 In one of the episodes where the fans asked questions that was brought up. I was surprised that the wife’s were repulsed about the thought of them having multiple husbands. They said they wouldn’t do it.

by Anonymousreply 3811/20/2012

There is nothing wrong with Christine's daughter, Truly. According to Christine, she's just a toehead, and I saw the recent episode and she does have hair. Very thin blond hair, but none the less, hair.

The Browns have 15 children. I don't know why a poster thought 21 kids; although Kody talking about wanting more children is distrubing.

In regards to which wives grew up in the polig lifestyle, Meri, Christine, and supposedly Robyn grew up that way.

Robyn, I must say is a mystery; her whole family upbringing is a unclear to me.

Does the book clear up this mystery?

by Anonymousreply 3911/20/2012

R39, Robin did write that while growing up her father kept his polygamy a secret. He was in the closet, so to say. She wrote that if her father saw someone from work while the family was together in the grocery store, he would walk away like he didn't know them.

I'm not sure what that does to a kid's psyche, but it can't be good.

by Anonymousreply 4011/20/2012

R39, in the most recent new episode yesterday, they mentioned having 21 kids.

Are you not counting Robin's 3 or 4 kids which live with Robin and are considered part of the larger family?

It's not clear that Las Vegas would not allow a one large house to be built for the whole family.

The one large unit in Utah was actually four units all connected, so I bet if they wanted to, they could built four large units all connected making one large home. But they seem not to desire that at all at this point.

by Anonymousreply 4111/20/2012

Every teaser for this show is "I can't stand it anymore and I want out." And what happens at the end of every episode? "We love each other. We can't live apart."

I don't know why this show which got little attention before on DL suddenly has 42 new responses. I stopped watching this show early last year. I couldn't stand the manipulative teasers and their constant lying. All of them lie. They said they were persecuted. From whom? Spirits? The undead? I've never seen persecution. If you guys are correct and Kody got a new sports car it means he's looking for a new woman. I think he moved to Las Vegas to have a larger pool of women to choose from not because of supposed persecution. The Republican Attorney General in Utah has said he would not prosecute polygamists. Officials in that state have long looked the other way.

by Anonymousreply 4211/20/2012

I think it is fun to look for signs of jealousy and discord and true feelings among the wives.

As an aside, Janelle is nice, but she does have a preoccupation with trying to make the others believe she is not tremendously fat and very oddly-shaped.

She strongly argued in favor of the family starting, owning, and running a gym or exercise facility. (that would be unique, seeing three such fat women running the exercise facility)

And then when Kody took her on a strenuous hike as their date she insisted that she is now in fantastic shape!

by Anonymousreply 4311/20/2012

They said they were under threat of being prosecuted for their polygamy in Utah, and that Kody was under threat of being arrested. And that's why they had to leave Utah.

Interesting comment, R42, about Kody looking for a new woman. Interesting thought that maybe he bought the new convertible sports car in order to attract and look for a new woman!

I think I heard him tell Meri yesterday in the new episode that "I will have more children".

I thought that was sort of odd to say because which wife will give him more children? It would have to be Robin probably or a new woman!

He was telling Meri that she doesn't need to have another child by in vitro fertilization and that she can stop worrying about it because he will have more children.

He's 47 or 49, I think, so you'd think he would stop having children, but I guess not.

by Anonymousreply 4411/20/2012

R42, there are 44 new posts on Sister Wives because their new season of episodes just started yesterday, Sunday November 18.

by Anonymousreply 4511/20/2012

Must be a family of 21 including the five adults.

by Anonymousreply 4611/20/2012

R44 He is using the sports car to attract women. It's a classic sign of a heterosexual male looking for women. Remember Jon Gosselin bought a new sports car and soon stories of him out with a young woman surfaced which caused his divorce from Kate.

R45 This thread was from November 2011. No one responded until November 2012. I'm asking why the sudden interest?

by Anonymousreply 4711/20/2012

Because the new season of Sister Wives started this past Sunday, November 18, 2012 so there are random people interested in it.

Interest on anything can pop up at any time.

by Anonymousreply 4811/20/2012

I thought Kate and Jon Gosselin broke up because of discord and disharmony and personality conflict.

I didn't think they broke up because Jon had a convertible and picked up a new woman.

by Anonymousreply 4911/20/2012

I think the only woman Kody truly loves and is attracted to is Robyn. Meri is his partner in crime. I don't know why he married Janelle and Christine when he obviously doesn't really dig them. I'm rooting for either Janelle and/ or Christine to leave.

by Anonymousreply 5011/20/2012

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 5111/20/2012

Doesn't Kody ever feel guilty when the wives keep mentioning they have no help with anything? Does he think his only responsibility in the family is to keep impregnating them?

by Anonymousreply 5211/21/2012

[quote]Has Christine's baby daughter had an illness almost since birth? She is older now, maybe two years old or so, and she still doesn't have any hair to speak of.

They can't afford to buy the kid hair being as that they are buying FOUR houses and all. All future children will be bald also.

by Anonymousreply 5311/21/2012

I didn't go to bed last night and watched 12 or 13 episodes of thisin a row. Christine is falling apart. Why is Kody so mean to her?

by Anonymousreply 5411/21/2012

r54, she doesn't fluff his feathers as the others do.

I think she just needs to leave him. He is cruel.

I think both Janelle and Christine should walk away.

by Anonymousreply 5511/21/2012

"Does he think his only responsibility in the family is to keep impregnating them?"

Got it in one! The fathers in these polygamic families never actually support their wives and kids, either the wives work and support their own children, or they abuse the welfare system and we all do.

All the husbands do is impregnante wives and bully everyone.

by Anonymousreply 5611/21/2012

This show is a hot mess. How in the hell are they going to be able to afford 4 new homes? Robyn needs to keep an eye on her sister because you know Kody wants to tap dat.

by Anonymousreply 5711/21/2012

The wives don't want to live in one house. Kody married Janelle to have kids since fugly Meri, at the time couldn't conceive. Janelle had 6 kids and had the first Brown child, Logan. Surprise! Meri conceived and had homely Mariah. Christine's lineage is polyg royalty. Janelle worked and Christine took care of the kids and the two women liked the arrangement in Utah. Meri had a job she liked but lost it when they got the show.

Robyn looks like an old person when they take their dentures out. Hate her whiney crying. Robyn was in an abusive marriage with a Jessop who are a huge, long time polyg family.

by Anonymousreply 5811/21/2012

damn r58, I didn't know she was with a Jessop

by Anonymousreply 5911/21/2012

Now I want to read the book. I feel sorry for JANElle that Meri and Kody ignored after the marriage

by Anonymousreply 6311/21/2012

Jesus. R64, what the fuck is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 6511/21/2012

OT, but can someone explain trolldar to me? Or send me a link to a thread about it?

by Anonymousreply 6611/21/2012

If you click trolldar on a post, it lights up bright yellow. It also lights up all the other posts from that person.

For example, if you click on trolldar in this post you will see that I also posted a few posts up asking that nasty loon what the fuck is wrong with her.

I am not aware of it being "frowned on" at the DL, but I've only been reading and posting here for 12 years or so, perhaps I missed it.

by Anonymousreply 6711/21/2012

r66, just click the troll dar in the right hand corner of the post to see who posts what.

Let's not bring drama from other threads r60.

We are all having a good time here.

by Anonymousreply 6811/21/2012

R65 = Davida-Rochelle, famous background actress and cross-dresser investigator

by Anonymousreply 6911/21/2012

r69= demented fundie

by Anonymousreply 7011/21/2012

About Robyn and her ex.

by Anonymousreply 7111/22/2012

Wait...Meri's brother is Janelle's first husband.

Can you say confusing?

by Anonymousreply 7211/22/2012

r71- did you see the 5th comment down after the article?

by Anonymousreply 7311/22/2012

R73: This one:

There are so many strange comments that the one above almost seems sane.

by Anonymousreply 7411/22/2012

Has anyone else noticed that in every episode at least one family member has a cold sore on their lip?

by Anonymousreply 7511/25/2012

eww no r75. I didn't, but am watching the show right now.

Who has it this week.. help

5th bedroom for Mary?

by Anonymousreply 7611/25/2012

I don't understand why Meri has to have a 5th bedroom just to have a pantry, craft room and wet-bar.

by Anonymousreply 7711/25/2012

next week looks great...

they meet up with another poly family. Better looking and more friendly with each other.

by Anonymousreply 7811/25/2012

Wah, I'm barren and I want a wet bar. WAH!!

Meri's such an asshole. Janelle looks like she wants to kill her.

by Anonymousreply 7911/25/2012

Wait until they get the utility bills for the Mcmansions.

by Anonymousreply 8011/25/2012

[quote]I don't understand why Meri has to have a 5th bedroom just to have a pantry, craft room and wet-bar.

I think they are pre-designed houses and not custom. So to get the wet-bar you have to purchase the house that has that feature.

by Anonymousreply 8111/26/2012

I think Janelle is ready to check out... and Christine could be convinced too.

by Anonymousreply 8211/26/2012

[quote]they meet up with another poly family. Better looking and more friendly with each other.

That family has their own TLC show in the pipeline. Why TLC thinks they need TWO shows about poly families is a mystery, but there you go.

by Anonymousreply 8311/26/2012

I used to love sister wives but then I done alot of research about poylgamy talked to a few ex members of warren jeffs community and now that I know so much about it from insiders, I cant enjoy the show anymore.

by Anonymousreply 8411/26/2012

R81 That makes sense. If she gets that 5th bedroom so she can get the wet-bar then they are all crazy. She doesn't need a 5th bedroom.

What was up with Robyn missing the graduation? Couldn't she have found a babysitter so she could leave on time with everyone else?

R82 I agree it does seem like Janelle is ready to check out. If anyone them leave she'll be the first to go and Christine won't be far behind. Meri and Robyn would probably be happy if it was just the two of them with Kody, they seem to get along pretty well.

Really r83 that family that is going to be on next weeks episode is getting their own show? Why? Do we really need another show about polygamists? I guess they'll be on a few episodes so we can get to know them. Kind of like how the Bates Family was on 19 Kids and counting a few times until they got their own show.

by Anonymousreply 8511/26/2012

From what I know Polygamy is alot more dark and crazy than what most people seem to believe. Sure we see the wives cry all the time but Im sure that there is so much more shit going on.

by Anonymousreply 8611/26/2012

Logan is pretty hot.

by Anonymousreply 8711/26/2012

Wet bar? I thought they didn't drink...or will that bar be used for craft projects?

by Anonymousreply 8811/26/2012

You never know what you might discover when you don't rush to judgment.

by Anonymousreply 8911/26/2012

I think Janelle would be just fine if she left, but Christine hasn't developed as a human being. She has no skills. She seemingly has no friends. What would she do if she left?

by Anonymousreply 9011/26/2012

Stay home and take care of kids and Janelle could work, that is what they are happiest doing in their respective roles.

by Anonymousreply 9111/26/2012

If Janelle and Christine took off together it would be perfect. Jeri and Robyn have no skills and are moochers. Seems like Janellle is suppporting the whole clan.

by Anonymousreply 9211/26/2012

Janelle worked in Utah, had a long commute, and drove that van with the cracked window while Kody drove around in his pussy wagon.

by Anonymousreply 9311/26/2012

R93 lol - pussy wagon!!!

by Anonymousreply 9411/26/2012

When Kody does his hair shake, I want to throw up.

by Anonymousreply 9511/27/2012

Although this show was supposed to show the benefits or the love in a poly marriage, it only highlights the negatives: scamming for welfare (as his wives have been on one form of aid or the other), the jealousy and competition between wives ( the sister wives certainly don't show affection for each other), helplessness of the wives ( having "too many" kids and being forced to be dependent on the husband)...

by Anonymousreply 9611/27/2012

I don't know about that, R96. I think it mostly highlights what's normal for them. In seasons past you saw how they worked as a cohesive unit. Especially in season one, before they were investigated and basically forced out of state. Things seem to have unraveled since they went public and had to move to Las Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 9711/27/2012

All those kids would make me crazy.

by Anonymousreply 9811/27/2012

Yeah, R98, especially Christine's kids. Janelle's seem to have a decent head on their shoulders. Meri's daughter is such a groan.

I don't count Robyn's kids because they're not real.

by Anonymousreply 9911/27/2012

I'm surprised there hasn't been more outrage about the welfare scamming.

by Anonymousreply 10011/27/2012

And with no jobs between them, they now want to purchase about $2MM in real estate? Ridiculous.

ANd , R97, it certainly does not look like a picnic to me and I really feel Janelle is taken advantage of. Isn't she the only one w/a real job but drives around in a beat up car and Kody drives a fancy sports car? I really believe both Janelle and christine are emotionally abused and this show does not show polygamy in a good light.

by Anonymousreply 10111/27/2012

R100 a few years ago a polygamous family appeared on a some talk show and discussed just how they received welfare from the government. They lived on a huge compound with a trailer for each wife. They were later busted and I think the husband went to jail for awhile. This man was very macho and did not lift a fucking finger around the place and in one clip it showed the wives cooking, gossiping and laughing until he walked in and then they became silent, submissive ghosts. Very creepy and probably more realistic.

Does Kody work?

by Anonymousreply 10211/27/2012

R102, Kody does not work but a salesmas in a MLM scheme..that is not a job utah he was an advertising salesman...they lived off of bankruptcy and welfare.

by Anonymousreply 10311/27/2012

Okay so he's a grifter. Not surprising. All of those poly families seem to be.

by Anonymousreply 10411/27/2012

Meri had some sort of job outside the home when they lived in Utah but she lost the job when the family became well-known because of the TV show or well-known because of the law possibly pursuing them for proscecution.

It was never clear how long Meri had held the job though. It could have been just a short period.

Janelle had a job when they lived in Utah.

Since living in Las Vegas, the wives and Kody looked into becoming real estate agents and Christine and Janelle studied for, took, and passed the state exam to become real estate agents.

But it seems like Kody and the two wives have dropped trying to be real estate agents.

Two weeks ago, one of the wives mentioned that Kody and maybe some of the wives have been working for a marketing company. Supposedly Kody won the copper-silver convertible sports car by working for the marketing company - BUT that seems to be a lie.

by Anonymousreply 10511/27/2012

They did show Kody going to work when they lived in Utah.

Now the family is trying to make some money by selling jewelry on the internet called Sister Wives Closet. They designed the silver jewelry to be sold.

by Anonymousreply 10611/27/2012

Isn't real estate in the tank in Vegas?

by Anonymousreply 10711/27/2012

Yes R107 in the tankiest tank that ever tanked. The real estate dream of theirs was laughable.

Didn't they also toy with buying a gym (hahahaha) at some point? Then all the wives got on the scale and that was the end of that.

I seem to recall Meri had some minimum wage type job. Nothing that required education or much of a time commitment. She doesn't come off as very bright.

by Anonymousreply 10811/27/2012

One episode showed Kody and Christine and Janelle teaming up with a real estate firm for work, and then Christine and Janelle took the real estate licensing exam, but then nothing has been mentioned about it since that episode.

It appeared that Meri and Robyn did not want to be real estate agents - although it seemed Kody, at the time, was promoting the idea that all wives and he become real estate agents.

I don't think that Christine, Meri, and Robyn have personalities and skills or lack of skills that would make them good fits for selling real estate.

by Anonymousreply 10911/27/2012

I cannot figure out how they have the money to build and buy FOUR large new houses.

Could they possibly be making a lot of money from their TLC TV show?

Also, the family seemed happier when they were all under ONE roof in the large Utah house.

Under one roof, all of the kids and wives and Kody were able to relate to each more naturally and organically as one big family - and no physical and psychological distance caused rifts.

by Anonymousreply 11011/27/2012

Christine flunked the real estate exam. Janelle passed.

by Anonymousreply 11111/27/2012

I thought Christine then took the exam a 2nd time and passed, but I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 11211/27/2012

Isn't polygamy just as illegal in Nevada as it is in Utah? They're still criminals raising all those children in a criminal lifestyle.

Is there a list somewhere of all the public assistance these idiots are taking from the state and/or the federal government?

Also, has what they make from TLC for each episode been made public?

by Anonymousreply 11311/27/2012

I wonder why they don't just buy two houses instead of 4, the houses they are looking at are huge.

I don't beleive for one minute that they are on welfare or ever have been.

by Anonymousreply 11411/27/2012

The other wives should revolt if Meri gets a 5 bedroom house. Her one daughter is leaving for school next year. She and the daughter should just live with Robin. She doesn't help any of the other wives with anything.

by Anonymousreply 11511/27/2012

At this point, each wife has developed a strong desire to each have their own individual separate house.

This desire didn't seem to take hold until they were living in FOUR separate rental houses in Las Vegas rather than under one roof in the large house in Utah.

Once they got a taste of how a large individual house felt for each one, they seem to definitely not want to go back to ONE large home or even two large homes.

by Anonymousreply 11611/27/2012

Real Estate in Vegas is very inexpensive.

by Anonymousreply 11711/27/2012

Could someone post a pic with names? I'm confused as hell.

by Anonymousreply 11811/27/2012

I haven't seen this show but does Kody have a pervy vibe, like he'd marry a step-daughter or is he just a player out scamming for more wives from older single women?

by Anonymousreply 11911/27/2012

I get the feeling each wants a separate home in case they break off from the family in the future.

The separate individual houses seem to give each one more security - in case break ups occur.

And Meri doesn't want to be demoted from first and primary wife - and the only wife who is legally married to Kody.

If Meri accepts a smaller house or shares a house, she would feel a demotion from being the first and primary wife. And she feels it would make her less important than the other wives.

I still can't get over that in the most recent episodes Kody said twice that he will have more children!

by Anonymousreply 12011/27/2012

R118, do you have no idea how to use It is very easy.

by Anonymousreply 12111/27/2012

He doesn't spend time with or help the kids he already has and finds the wives revolting after they get fat from all the pregnancies.

by Anonymousreply 12211/27/2012

[quote]in utah he was an advertising salesman...they lived off of bankruptcy and welfare.

Based on the info in their book, Kody has held a zillion different commissioned-salesman jobs over the years. Very inconsistent income. Anyone who thinks they weren't availing themselves of government assistance is delusional.

As far as them being 'forced' to flee Utah - that is such horseshit. No one was trying to arrest them. That whole situation was basically fanned into an inferno from a small spark by TLC for the drama. They could go home right now and nothing would happen to them.

by Anonymousreply 12311/28/2012

For R118 - Here are the wives, from left to right (with Kody in the middle):

Christine, Janelle, Robyn & Meri

by Anonymousreply 12411/28/2012

I definitely believe that Meri is horrid to the other wives, but I think she's the only one who has (or has ever had) anything resembling a normal marriage partnership with Kody. Robyn is just the hot new piece he wants to bang, and poor Janelle and Christine are just baby making machines for the Mormon cult (along with their respective roles as meal ticket and babysitter/servant).

I haven't seen the show since they moved to Vegas; I don't have cable and have only seen older episodes on netflix. I was getting a little tired of it, but it sounds like things have picked up and gotten juicier since the move. Is it worth getting back into?

by Anonymousreply 12511/28/2012

The family they vacation look like what you'd imagine Kody wished he had - hot twins, tough looking husband. Instead, he's balding, pot bellied and his wives are all unattractive

by Anonymousreply 12611/28/2012

Kody skeeves me out. He looks arrogant and smug like he thinks he's some hot shit. Where does he go to scam and search for new wives? What kind of woman would put up with that shit?

by Anonymousreply 12811/28/2012

book excerpt:

And their new book doesn't hide the fact that they don't always get along. It also exposes some editing tricks used by the reality show's producers that make the family look happier than they are.

"When Kody let slip that he had selected Robyn's wedding dress himself, Christine was devastated and walked off set. The show has to fit into an hour of television, so the necessary edits make it look as if she returned immediately," wife No. 2, Janelle writes, explaining that in reality, wife No. 3, Christine, "didn't come back for three days."

by Anonymousreply 12911/28/2012

Born and bred Mormons, R128.

by Anonymousreply 13011/28/2012

R129: Sad that it hurt Christine's feeling that Kody picked out Robyn's wedding dress...I imagine Kody couldn't even be bothered to even attend his wedding to Christine.

Can you imagine having 5 kids w/someone who just does not even LIKE you..

by Anonymousreply 13111/28/2012

Christine needs to leave them.

by Anonymousreply 13211/28/2012

So is Robyn supposed to be the hot one? Yikes, she looks rode hard and put up wet.

by Anonymousreply 13311/28/2012

They're all so fat and homely. They should just call this show "settling."

by Anonymousreply 13411/28/2012

I am not a violent person, but something about the way Kody looks, with that douchey hair and douchier outfits, makes me want to punch him in the face.

by Anonymousreply 13511/28/2012

When did he get The Lollypop Guild hairdo and who told him it was a good idea?

by Anonymousreply 13611/28/2012

Who does Kody think he's gonna have more kids with? Meri's eggs are dry, Janelle and Christine act as if their done baby making. So that leaves Robyn to continue breeding.

by Anonymousreply 13711/28/2012

and Robin's 20 year old sister who is living with her now R137...

by Anonymousreply 13811/28/2012

Dish R138. I don't watch the show. Is Kody courting her sister or does he act like he's interested in her?

by Anonymousreply 13911/28/2012

Living with her to help take care of her children because neither Kody, Meri, Janelle nor Christine can be bothered even though they are supposedly also the children's parents.

by Anonymousreply 14011/28/2012

I don't watch the show either and can't imagine ever doing so. Just reading about it is depressing enough. Trying to put myself in these women's shoes even for a second makes me feel suicidal.

by Anonymousreply 14111/28/2012

R140 is right, they say she is there to help Robin but who knows...

by Anonymousreply 14211/28/2012

They were stupid to film with that other family (the Dargers?). The other family had it together with more kids. The wives were thin and attractive and didn't dress like they shop at Goodwill.

by Anonymousreply 14312/03/2012

Where did you get the idea that Robyn's sister is permanently living with Robyn?

I watch every episode of the show and I never heard this mentioned at all.

I saw one second of Robyn's sister and she seemed to be just visiting.

I think it's interesting that Janelle is trying to set an economical example for Meri by have three bedrooms in the house she is having built rather than 4 or 5 or 6 bedrooms even though she has six kids.

Of course, Meri is not following the economical example.

by Anonymousreply 14412/03/2012

The episode this week was really boring. That other family is boring and lacks the drama that The Brown's have.

by Anonymousreply 14512/04/2012

I hate Kody, Robyn and Logan...

by Anonymousreply 14612/04/2012

Why do you hate Logan, R144? He's harmless. And he has biceps the size of volleyballs.

by Anonymousreply 14712/04/2012

R147 Because he is very smug, always tries to be in the center of attention and comes over as a Judgmental prick. But yeah he has a nice body...

by Anonymousreply 14812/04/2012

Who is Logan?

by Anonymousreply 14912/04/2012

Janelle's oldest son R149.

I despise Meri and her ugly as shit daughter who looks just like her mommy with that pig nose and ugly cleft chinn.

by Anonymousreply 15012/04/2012

Isnt Robyn the worst though? she is so fake and ass licking shed do anything for a buck besides working.

by Anonymousreply 15112/04/2012

The other family seemed so much healthiet. They didn't have to go through extreme stress just to be kind to one another the way the Browns have to because they seem to actually like one another. And the father in that family just highlighted how irresponsible Kody is. I felt like Christine wanted to marry the other family.

by Anonymousreply 15212/08/2012

[quote]I despise Meri and her ugly as shit daughter who looks just like her mommy with that pig nose and ugly cleft chinn.

Meri's daughter really seems unhinged at times with her little outbursts. She has completely drunk the poly Kool-Aid. It scares me a bit that she wants to be a doctor - she'll be the type who's constantly refusing to do things because they offend her religious sensibilities.

I wonder if the reason for TLC giving the Darger family their own show is because they may want to start phasing out the Browns.

by Anonymousreply 15412/09/2012

TLC is giving the Darger's a show? Link please.

by Anonymousreply 15512/09/2012

Did anyone watch last night's episode? That girl who escaped the polygamous cult was one self-righteous little cunt. I think it was less shell-shocked and more of a serious personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 15612/10/2012

R156 a former boy I liked is friends with her, I think she done it mostly for attention...alot of the former flds escapes come ove as very self righteous and like they know things bettter includin my friend whom I had a crush on.

by Anonymousreply 15712/10/2012

Don't worry, R154. It's HIGHLY unlikely that she'll even make it into medical school.

by Anonymousreply 15812/10/2012

If it's her dream, I hope she gets it. She is in the right direction, by making the honor role.

by Anonymousreply 15912/11/2012

The last episode was interesting. They mentioned the Kingstons (is that right?) and FLDS as the sects the other kids came from, but I don't think it's ever been made clear what sect the Browns are part of (if any). Are they affiliated with a sect?

I think Christine is a manipulative jerk, not very bright. I don't know why Meri wants a wetbar, because she's a non-drinking fundamentalist Mormon. Janelle seems level-headed and responsible. Robyn is acting the sweet victim and knows she has power as Kody's current favorite.

by Anonymousreply 16012/11/2012

by Anonymousreply 16112/11/2012

Was it my imagination or was Kody eyeing Kollene?

by Anonymousreply 16212/11/2012

I don't think he was but who knows

by Anonymousreply 16312/11/2012

r160 I have also wondered why Meri needs a wet-bar since she doesn't drink. I think she's a spoiled brat who thinks that because she is the first wife and the only legal wife, that she can have her way all the time.

And Christine crying that she didn't know men could be bastards...what bubble has she been living in? Does she think everyone is a sweet little angel?

by Anonymousreply 16412/11/2012

R164 I think as someone else said what Meri is doing iss powertripping or is afraid to lose power thats why she keeps demanding stuff she probably feels insecure because she couldnt have many kids.

I cant believe that Christine didnt know that men can be bastards, I think they try to be very manipulative all of them. Im pretty sure Christina acted like she didnt know men can be batards so everybody will think ´oh what a greta life she lived so not all üolygamists are bad´.

As for me I have had an experience with a former flds member and although I still like him and feel for him I have to sa that they seem to be a manipulative and self righteous, selfish bunch.

by Anonymousreply 16512/11/2012

How long before "I didn't know could be baaaaaastarrrrrds" become a loop in a remix?

by Anonymousreply 16612/11/2012

One of the FDL escapees with the long blond hair was really touching to me. I was floored at how her inflection was exactly like Mireille Enos from big Love and did you notice the old timey way she used phrases? I cannot even imagine the road she has ahead of her, integrating into a normal society but I'm rooting for her. The one with the heavy make up, you know she's going down hard and I also feel bad for her.

by Anonymousreply 16712/11/2012

The Browns are a mess compared to the Dargers. You know Kody wants some of that.

by Anonymousreply 16812/11/2012

Who is Kollene and was Kody really eying her? He seems full of himself and I'm sure thinks he's a real stud.

by Anonymousreply 16912/11/2012

I find it so fucked up that the guy I used to like is friends with that Kollene and now Im talking about it on Im not even American. Fucking small world indeed.

by Anonymousreply 17012/11/2012

R169 Kollene is the escapee with the platinum hair and heavy eye makeup. I think she is about 19 years old. For a minute there I got the vibe where Kody was eyeing her like he'd like to tap that.

by Anonymousreply 17112/11/2012

Meri is a bitch to to Janelle and Christine. I think she procures women for Kody as a way to stay in his good graces, it is sick.

She needs a wet bar and French doors like a hole in the head. I think Kody's name will be on her house so that's why he will give her the go ahead.

by Anonymousreply 17212/12/2012

Kody was probably jealous because Darger has hotter wives. I got a bad vibe off Darger, especially for marrying twins.

by Anonymousreply 17312/12/2012

I'm always interested to see someone readily admit they have no taste whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 17412/12/2012

Logan is cute.

by Anonymousreply 17512/12/2012

I like Hunter, myself.

by Anonymousreply 17612/12/2012

None of the daughters are pretty.

by Anonymousreply 17712/12/2012

r177 - Janelle's daughter Madison is kind of cute but is already chunking up like her mother.

by Anonymousreply 17812/13/2012

Wasn't Christine related to one of Darger's wives? Isn't she part of the Kingston clan?

by Anonymousreply 17912/14/2012

Ugh, I hate Meri and her beef carpaccio tan. Her whiney daughter is fug to the lee.

by Anonymousreply 18012/16/2012

I deserve French Doors and a Wet Bar because I could only have 1 kid. waaaaaaah

by Anonymousreply 18112/16/2012

Kody is such a fug, I cannot imagine why any of these women stay with him. Add in his laziness and it's even more confounding what his appeal is.

by Anonymousreply 18212/17/2012

So was he digging his dog's grave while the dog stood by?

by Anonymousreply 18312/19/2012

I can't believe I ever liked Meri. Not only are her demands unreasonable, but whenever she's rightfully confronted about them, she plays the victim card. She treated Janelle like shit, and when it gets brought up, she starts weeping about how much it hurts her that Janelle felt so hurt by her. And this shit with the new house is repugnant. The whole family is sinking in debt and she's demanding a wet bar and french door because WAHHH she could only have one child. And one of her other sister wives is offering to carry a baby for her, and she won't do it. Why? Because she wants her body to magically ovulate. And if she gets what she wants, she won't be allowed to play the victim card anymore.

by Anonymousreply 18412/30/2012

It hurts my feelings that you're upset with me for acting like a selfish, inconsiderate cunt to you.

by Anonymousreply 18512/30/2012

R184 I also used to like Meri at first now I like Janelle and Christine most. I resent Robyn, when her kids got bullies by the brown kids she said something along the lines of sending them back to their dad wich pissed me off because she would sacrifice her own kids just to mooch of Kody.

I feel sorry for her kids...Christine a few times complained to Meri about Kody and Meri basically told her to stick it out and be nice and sweet.

Ive really had it with mormons and all of this, I feel sorry for the sister wives and when I hear the word Utah I get sick to my stomach. So much wrong shit is going down there.

by Anonymousreply 18612/30/2012

by Anonymousreply 18701/30/2013

I didn't even know that they had a season finale or whatever. They did an interview, but I didn't know it was to mark the closing of the season.

by Anonymousreply 18801/31/2013

DId they ever move into their mansions? Did they ever get any jobs?

by Anonymousreply 18901/31/2013

This blog gives you comprehensive details about the Browns and their fraud.

by Anonymousreply 19001/31/2013

The new season starts tonight!

by Anonymousreply 19107/21/2013

Thanks, r191!

I will be watching!

by Anonymousreply 19207/21/2013

Oh, BTW: the wives endorsed gay marriage on HuffPo earlier this week.

by Anonymousreply 19307/21/2013

I loved beautifully passive-aggressive the other sister wives were about Robyn's business this week. They could not give less of a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 19407/24/2013

I want to know where they're getting all the money to survive, especially where did the money come from that enables them to build 4 large, new houses, and Kody a new sports car. TV, a book, and selling a few baubles doesn't pay THAT much.

by Anonymousreply 19507/24/2013

I thought Kody was arrested? Not recently, but like a year or more ago.

Or am I mis-remembering the attention they got from their first season?

by Anonymousreply 19607/24/2013

There should be a drinking game on this show where you take a shot every time Meri says "wet bar." You'd get so fucking drunk.

Not to be a dick, but Mykelti (sp?) really should cover up :/

Janelle smashing the scale with a sledgehammer was...breathtaking.

by Anonymousreply 19708/05/2013

I wonder if Kody sleeps with other women besides his 4 wives?

It struck me odd from the first time I saw the show that he drives around in fancy Lexus convertible like a single guy vs. driving a sedan with room for a family of 20 plus.

by Anonymousreply 19808/05/2013

Um, wasn't the reason why Meri couldn't get into her home for Christmas because she was lazy and didn't send in the paperwork on time, and also because she was making constant changes that kept pushing the date back?

No sympathy. She's the worst.

by Anonymousreply 19908/12/2013

Why don't these women leave Kody? I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 20008/12/2013

Meri and her spoiled daughter bug. Mariah is too homely to be a first wife, but she has learned the snooty behavior from Meri.

by Anonymousreply 20108/12/2013

At this point I think Kody just wants to hang out at Robyn's.

by Anonymousreply 20208/12/2013

I think Kody is most compatible with Robyn.

by Anonymousreply 20308/12/2013

Robyn is still new and fuckable. Once she gets tired of his shit and starts nagging her appeal will wear off.

by Anonymousreply 20408/12/2013

I love that Meri was the only one who couldn't get in the house before Christmas. It's her own fault for handing in the paperwork late.

by Anonymousreply 20508/13/2013

r184, I think Meri is dragging out letting Robyn know that she doesn't want her to be a surrogate because it delays Robyn from getting pregnant by Kody again. Last thing she wants is the favorite wife getting pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 20608/13/2013

Ooh, that makes sense, R184.

The new episode is called "Robyn's Secret" where she's supposed to reveal something big from her past. I'm guessing an abortion?

by Anonymousreply 20708/24/2013

Meri is too old to have a baby and her brat Mariah is homely.

by Anonymousreply 20808/24/2013

That nasty BPD bitch Kollene is back tonight.

by Anonymousreply 20909/15/2013

Anybody watch the new show 'My Five Wives'? Another douche with a god complex and five women crying and miserable.

They do show them in the bedroom which is more that Sister Wives.

by Anonymousreply 21009/18/2013

It's funny how Cody is so excited about Robin when she is quite homely and even has a face like a witch with a long hooked nose.

Could it be because Robin is the only wife who has a normal sized body and is thin compared to the other three chubby wives?

Or maybe Robin is the only wife who sucks Cody's cock or has enthusiastic sex with him?

I like Janelle - she is independent, has worked at a job outside the home all of her life, thinks a career is important, and I find her pretty and attractive even though very chunky.

I also like Christine - she is pretty even though chubby.

by Anonymousreply 21109/18/2013

Needing four separate houses seems to go against their supposed reason for being which is to be ONE large family together.

Just two years ago, they were living all together in one house which was divided into four spaces - but the one house with all family members living together provided daily interaction and cohesion, and kept Cody from having to run from house to house.

The need for the four separate houses in Las Vegas points to a fracturing of their family.

by Anonymousreply 21209/18/2013

I think Janelle went with Kody because she was chubby and didn't think she could do better. It would be interesting if she loses a lot of weight and gains some self esteem.

by Anonymousreply 21309/18/2013

In the next and finale episode next week, Janelle states that she feels the need to be independent and go her separate way if and when Cody dies - she states that she does not want to stay as a family with the other three wives if Cody dies.

In the preview, Cody is telling them that they must all stay together if he dies leaving them behind and that they are not really a family unless they all agree to stick together after he dies.

by Anonymousreply 21409/18/2013

Janelle married Cody 16 or 20 years ago.

She was a lot less chubby then, R213.

by Anonymousreply 21509/18/2013

Meri bullied Janelle, she is a real piece of work and I can imagine she is tough to deal with. Christine is a basket case and Robyn is all about trying to be the favorite. I wouldn't want to live with those women either.

by Anonymousreply 21609/18/2013

Logan is a bit of a tool, but seems like a nice guy and pretty hot.

by Anonymousreply 21706/28/2014

Janelle has lost more weight and looks better this season. She and Cody finally seem to have some chemistry together.

by Anonymousreply 21806/28/2014

Love the sister wives they all get along and seem to like one another unlick the wives of "My Five Wives", none of them seem very nice but Brady, the husband, is such a sweetheart

by Anonymousreply 21906/28/2014

Can any of the DL armchair psychologists diagnose what personality disorder Meri has?

by Anonymousreply 22006/28/2014

R220, she has problems she cunt face. How DO you solve a problem like Meri....

by Anonymousreply 22106/28/2014

FUck Me

by Anonymousreply 22206/28/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!