Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"50% of the actors in the mix for the part are openly gay"

The role is King Arthur in an upcoming film called "Arthur & Lancelot"...Joel Kinnaman has been cast as Lancelot. Four actors have tested for Arthur: Luke Evans, Toby Kebbell, Kit Harrington and Richard Madden.

Evans is gay (though the "openly" part is a source of much controversy); so which one of the other 3 is also openly gay?

by Anonymousreply 6303/08/2015

Do we not know the other three?

by Anonymousreply 111/12/2011

It's either Richard Madden or Kit Harington both currently in 'Game of Thrones'. Toby Kebbell has been reported as dating girls so definitely not openly gay.

by Anonymousreply 311/12/2011

It's not Madden. He just plays a gay character on Sirens.

by Anonymousreply 411/12/2011

I'm pretty sure Richard Madden has mentioned being straight while doing press for his gay character on "Sirens".

I don't believe Kit Harington has ever talked about his sexuality and I certainly don't have any trouble believing he is gay. Interesting quote by that article, good catch.

by Anonymousreply 511/12/2011

Kit Harington it is then. After googling him I found a report which says he answered no comment on being asked if he had a girlfriend. Looks like he is following Evans' lead.

by Anonymousreply 611/12/2011

Kit is supposedly dating the girl who plays Dany Targeryan on Games of Thrones.

by Anonymousreply 811/12/2011

It is Richard Madden that is rumored to be dating Emilia Clarke. Not Kit Harington.

by Anonymousreply 911/12/2011

The headline should continue...

"50% are openly gay and at least another 30% are also gay, but closeted."

Hurray for the percentage of out/open gays being equal to or higher than the percentage of closet dwellers.

by Anonymousreply 1011/12/2011

If he answers "no comment", how is that considered "openly" gay? Wouldn't being open require that they are, ya know, open about being gay?

by Anonymousreply 1111/12/2011

Will "openly gay" ever not be controversial? Why is even to begin with. Makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 1311/12/2011

If nobody knows which of these actors is openly gay, than I guess they aren't very openly gay.

by Anonymousreply 1411/12/2011

I am sure one of them is gay because the article wouldn't mention that for no reason but it seems obviously none of them are open about it.

by Anonymousreply 1511/12/2011

Is this the movie Gary Oldman is in? I think he wants to be Merlin.

by Anonymousreply 1611/12/2011

So which two is it? Also, studio is pushing back start date and will probably lose Kit because he has to film GOT.

by Anonymousreply 1701/28/2012

The other three are all hot and talented actors. Wish we could figure out which one of them is gay.

by Anonymousreply 1801/28/2012

50% of Hollywood actors in general, are yeah

by Anonymousreply 1901/28/2012

I think "openly" is different than "out." If they were publicly out someone here would know. If there openly gay they could have just never commented.

by Anonymousreply 2001/28/2012

Exactly R20. Obviously the actor was open about their sexuality while meeting with people for the part, so the journalist referred to them as openly gay without realizing that don't speak about it publicly.

Still not that often that we have from a reputable source that an actor is gay. And like I said before, all three options(Toby Kebbell, Kit Harrington and Richard Madden) are attractive and talented.

by Anonymousreply 2101/28/2012

R22, who is he dating?

by Anonymousreply 2304/24/2012

Richard Madden has recently starting talking about his girlfriend Jenna-Louise Coleman, which I assume R22 is talking about.

Though I would love to hear more from the poster, big fan of "Rich" and it would nice to hear a perspective from someone who knows him.

Still wondering which one of them is gay, there is zero reason for the journalist to have made that up and all of them have denied it in some fashion, Tobey Kebbel has also had girlfriends and Kit has denied it. (Though to be fair Luke Evans even tried to have a "girlfriend")

Someone is lying!

by Anonymousreply 2404/24/2012

Luke Evan is my future husband...just sayin'!

by Anonymousreply 2504/24/2012

100% of those actors are people I've never heard of.

by Anonymousreply 2604/24/2012

I never heard of these actors. Who are they?

by Anonymousreply 2704/24/2012

I'm happy for Joel Kinnaman. He's a talented actor that's finally getting his big break in major Hollywood movie. It'd be a shame if he becomes so popular of a movie actor he'll leave The Killing. Kinnaman and the other lead actor are the only reasons to watch that dull show.

by Anonymousreply 2804/24/2012

I thought this movie was put on the back burner. It was actually meant as a project for Kit Harington.

by Anonymousreply 3104/24/2012

[quote]It'd be a shame if he becomes so popular of a movie actor he'll leave The Killing.

With the way The Killing's ratings are sinking, it's more likely that it will be canceled before he quits.

Richard Madden was linked to Emilia Clarke, who plays Danaerys on Game of Thrones, during the show's first season, bur they never appeared in public together.

by Anonymousreply 3204/24/2012

There's an article/thread here saying something similar about the guys in 'Twilight'.

by Anonymousreply 3504/27/2012

Well duh.

by Anonymousreply 3604/27/2012

I'm sure they'll cancel The Killing after this season. It's such a boring show. Nothing ever happens: the protagonist just becomes worse and worse as a mother; the murdered girl's family just sinks lower and lower; and the killer is never revealed. At least it's no longer raining every day in Seattle (as they showed it last season), but there's no point in watching it. It's the most depressing show on television, and one of the dullest.

I agree Kinnaman is fantastic though (as is Mireille Enos in the thankless job of the protagonist, his partner). I hope both of them leave this show and go on to do something better.

by Anonymousreply 3704/27/2012

Kit Harrington is a Mama's boy.

by Anonymousreply 3804/27/2012

[quote]I feel bad for the other two guys who get lumped in because now they have this cast over their careers.

Yes, it would be tragic if someone thought they were heterosexual.

by Anonymousreply 3904/28/2012

I want to hear about Richard Madden's shenanigans in drama school. Are he and Jenna serious? Did he really steal her away from her actor boyfriend (who appeared on Game of Thrones)? Also want to know about Kit and Anna, and how he's a mama's boy. Spill please! Huge fan over here.

by Anonymousreply 4005/15/2012

Richard Madden's first (or near first) professional gig involved dropping trou nightly in a Scandinavian play. I didn't see it, but I didn't hear any complaints either.

by Anonymousreply 4105/17/2012

Count Kinnaman out as gay. Been steadily dating Olivia Munn the past 5 mos. In Sweden he had quite a reputation as a partier and ladies' man in his 20's, and generally more popular on swedish women's 'hot' lists than A. Skarsgard. Seems to be very well liked, and private and low key when in relationships though. Makes it clear he intends to have a family.

Brilliant actor, award-winning in Sweden. Hope he escapes The Killing soon.

by Anonymousreply 4205/31/2012

r42, he's been cast as RoboCop in the remake.

by Anonymousreply 4306/02/2012

Madden is dating the new (female) companion to Doctor Who - but does it really matter about their sexuality?

by Anonymousreply 4408/09/2012

I was in a play once where 100% of the actors were gay. I think the same is true for most if not all actors in Hollywood. It should be: "50% of actors are honest; the other 50% are liars."

by Anonymousreply 4508/09/2012

I went to drama school. Lots of gays on the musical theatre course. Not so may on the straight (no pun intended) acting course.

by Anonymousreply 4608/09/2012

And the other 50% are completely sexless.

by Anonymousreply 4708/09/2012

So Kit Harington is probably gay? Based on what this thread has found it it seems likely of the actors the journalist was talking about he is by far the most likely to be gay. Cool, good to know.

by Anonymousreply 4808/13/2012

Having a girlfriend doesn't mean shit. Is bearding a completely foreign concept to you guys? LOL. Olivia Munn will fuck, or pretend to fuck, anyone who will make her more famous. Both Richard Madden and his Dr. Who girlfriend: she is not household names but soon will be, while he has A LOT of buzz due to Game of Thrones. The relationship is mutually beneficial for both. As for Kit Harington, when he was in Brazil promoting Game of Thrones, message boards were lit up with people who had seen various girls that he brought back to his hotel doing the walk of shame the next morning.

by Anonymousreply 4908/17/2012

When I was in Drama in High School, it was pretty much 50/50.

by Anonymousreply 5008/17/2012

Kit agreed to do nudity on GoT

When I signed my contract the first thing it had was a nudity clause which I had to say yes to. I was so happy getting the part, I just went “Yeah” and then later on when I saw what they’d done in the first season I was kinda like “Oh God, what did I just sign?

by Anonymousreply 5112/13/2012

I hope they do get Kit naked this season. Its been ridiculous the amount of female nudity they have in relation to male. Even Richard Madden's sex scene they barely showed him.

by Anonymousreply 5212/14/2012

Kit Harington has dated women- Including Rose Leslie, a Game of Thrones co-star.

However, any one of these men could be bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 5310/12/2014

Still confused who the author of this blog was referring to.

by Anonymousreply 5410/12/2014

This one will remain a mystery, I suppose. Luke Evans is Luke Evans. Kit Harington has been rumored to be on and off with former co-star Rose Leslie, but who knows with him. He has a policy that he will not discuss his romantic life. Richard Madden is still going strong with Jenna Coleman. Toby Kebbel, I know nothing about. Richard Madden did discuss in a Nerdist podcast going nude on stage and described that as easier than writing.

by Anonymousreply 5510/23/2014

Kit Harington has been rumore to be on and off with former co-star Rose Leslie, but jnly for several month. They have been wore than Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart together. No pda, no hugs, distance between them have been one metre in every date. No chemistry. And Rose the only gf he ever has. Even if he has a policy not dscuss his romantic there is no way he could hide a gf. He is parting a lot, a lot of people are tweeting about it, and everytime he is with guys - Richard Madden, Ben Barnes, Alfin Alle and others. And for Pompei premiere he took Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. And there are a lot oaf hugs with guys

by Anonymousreply 5603/04/2015

"They have been wore than Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart together." wore mean worse

by Anonymousreply 5703/04/2015

All male actors are gay or bisexual, it's commom knowledge

by Anonymousreply 5803/04/2015

Mincing prisspots, all of them!

by Anonymousreply 5903/04/2015

I'll be heartbroken if Kit hasn't gotten those lips of his on a cock at least once

by Anonymousreply 6003/04/2015

He named Madden as his mancrush

Saw him in TESTAMENT OF YOUTH and he was stunning, that was unepected. He can act, never knew it

by Anonymousreply 6103/05/2015

r61 Glad to hear he did well in that movie. His acting has been underwhelming on GoT.

by Anonymousreply 6203/05/2015

Saw Kit in theatre and he was good there. Have no idea what happend with him in Game of Thrones, his acting in season 1,2,3 wasnt't good

And i can say Kit is short, really short :))

by Anonymousreply 6303/08/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!