Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Straight guys and their bromos

Do you think the time will come when friendships between straight guys and their gay male friends will be as close and mainstream as the friendships between women and their faghags?

by Anonymousreply 130March 27, 2020 12:58 PM

Oops... I meant gay men and their faghags.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2011 7:28 PM

No.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2011 7:29 PM

Really? I'd like to see the time when the friendships between straight and gay males resemble the one in Happy Endings.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2011 7:35 PM

Perhaps between straight men and their lesbian best friends, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2011 7:39 PM

Straight guys and gay guys are too threatening to one another. One or the other or both have to be non sexual when together. The basic identity differences make virtually all such friendships uncomfortable at the least and impossible on average. There is no good reason for such friendships to become common. Most naturally matured gay and straight males remain male, but their opposite sexual interest which is important to both, will likely keep them from becoming bff's.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2011 7:45 PM

What about those gay guys that share similar interests to straight men, like sports, cars, gym, and anything else aside from women? I don't think most straight guys spend most of their time talking about pussy.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2011 8:13 PM

OP = Albie Manzo

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2011 8:16 PM

In high school it happpens. You develop these really intense friendships. My two buds and I would sleep in the same bed, even if there were others around. They weren't gay and didn't know I was. One morning I woke up and the cute one's leg was tossed over mine. I was in hormone heaven.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2011 8:17 PM

fag hags are our disgrace!

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2011 8:21 PM

R6, Straight guys aren't all interested in sports, cars, the gym (actually isn't the gym a more stereotypically gay interest anyway?). Hardly any of the ones I know are.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2011 8:24 PM

Guys who mature together could be buddies even if one is gay, but if they simply met play ball or bowling, it is highly unlikely that two guys, one gay and one straight, would hang together. It could happen, but in most cases it wouldn't. Both gay and straight guys are highly sex driven into their 40's and 50's so for most men, a buddy who loved cock and one who was a pussy hound would find close company with one another less than exciting.

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2011 8:34 PM

Isn't it the person you want to be friends with? Or, does the 'straight guy' have to be in place so you can feel accepted and 'cool'...I think that's really it.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2011 8:41 PM

Bromos? No...not gonna happen. Unless you call your Jewish friends, Jewies.

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2011 8:42 PM

[quote]I don't think most straight guys spend most of their time talking about pussy.

You're kidding, right?

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2011 8:43 PM

r14...they don't. mostly how they hate their girlfriend, but love her. but hate her.

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2011 8:47 PM

Sure, it's already happening

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2011 8:51 PM

This post is so stupid. Straight men and gay men can be best friends all their lives. I have three. All straight. All man. We share hobbies,work,etc. Together. They talk about pussy. I talk about dick. But since we are adults, and not frat boys, we have better conversations. I babysit for them, they dog sit for me. Their children think of me as an uncle. And I assume one of them will take care of me when I am old and grey.( one of the kids).

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2011 8:59 PM

I received my favorite dildo from one of my straight friends. I swear the thing fits as though he'd had first hand knowledge. I think that's pretty cool. He's even asked if I needed any extensions for my dildo ad years have gone by.

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2011 9:36 PM

The problem is gay guys always want to fuck/suck their straight friends.

And drunken passes can land you in the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2011 9:42 PM

"The problem is gay guys always want to fuck/suck their straight friends."

Wrong. I'm not attracted to any of my straight male friends.

You sound like a right-winger, they think gay men want to rape all straight men.

by Anonymousreply 20October 22, 2011 9:53 PM

Not always true R5 R11. My best friend for over 25 years is straight. There is nothing we don't share or talk about. He is hot looking with a massive cock and yet I feel no, no sexual attraction to him whatsoever. When hunting, we have slept in the same pup tent and one a few occasions, the same sleeping bag. We've showered together and have seen the nastier sides of sickness together. His wife is our best friend and are his children's godparents.

If a relationship did not involve sex, we'd be perfect for each other. Since we both have similar features, most assume we are brothers. When we're together, we spend most of our time insulting each other. Childish, immature pranks and name calling, yet, I would risk my life for him. Maybe this is not normal, but it is and therefore your blanket statements are false.

I love him, but am not in love with him. I am in love with my partner, whom I adore.

by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2011 9:59 PM

r20, have you SEEN the endless threads on DL of gays crushing on every straight guy that so much as smiles at them?

by Anonymousreply 22October 22, 2011 10:01 PM

"Their children think of me as an uncle. And I assume one of them will take care of me when I am old and grey.( one of the kids)."

Whoah, I would be careful about this assumption, r17. People are burdened enough trying to take care of one or both of their elderly parents - I don't know of many people who have either the ability or the inclination to take care of their parents' elderly friends, too.

by Anonymousreply 23October 23, 2011 12:29 AM

Sally, a homo can't be friends with a straight guy because the homo will always want to have sex.

by Anonymousreply 24October 23, 2011 1:04 AM

[quote]This post is so stupid. Straight men and gay men can be best friends all their lives. I have three. All straight. All man.

Good for you bro. This thread was about whether your case would be mainstream or common in the future.

by Anonymousreply 25October 23, 2011 1:05 AM

Its not the norm for obvious reasons... the purple unicorn!

by Anonymousreply 26October 23, 2011 1:11 AM

Um, R18? Your friend isn't exactly straight.

Can't you take a hint?

by Anonymousreply 27October 23, 2011 1:12 AM

I have a few relationships like that, OP. So I guess the answer is "the time has already come".

by Anonymousreply 28October 23, 2011 1:21 AM

Makes no difference to me whether a friend is gay or straight.

by Anonymousreply 29October 23, 2011 1:25 AM

I had a life-long straight male friend with whom I was roommates when we were young. I was always openly gay and he was a serious pussy hound. When he married, his wife became a good friend, too, and later, his child.

He's dead now, but me being gay was never an issue. I thought that kind of friendship would never happen for me again, as I'm in my 50s and had pretty much the attitude expressed above about too many differences between straight and gay. And I thought my friendship with my long-time friend was only a fluke because we met as teen-agers.

But a couple of years ago, the daughter and son-in-law (young enough to be my children) of a female friend began making overtures of friendship toward me, and the husband has turned into a good friend with whom I have great conversation and a lot of fun, as we're both musicians, both very liberal politically, and we share an irreverent sense of humor.

Turns out his brother is gay, so he's completely beyond the judgmental aspects of thinking all gay men want his body. We laugh a lot and have a good time together.

We rarely talk about sex, though he makes jokes about being a sex god -- he's a little chubby. But he's also completely devoted to his beautiful wife and two kids, so I don't think he would talk about pussy in a vulgar way even if I were straight.

by Anonymousreply 31October 23, 2011 1:38 AM

Le sigh. No comment, don't wish to get flagged.

by Anonymousreply 32October 23, 2011 1:54 AM

This guy wants you to blow him, r31. His jokes about himself as a sex god are his way of sending a signal/testing you out. He's insecure because of his weight, and wants validation that he's actually attractive from a source other than his wife.

by Anonymousreply 33October 23, 2011 2:47 AM

r33, see r24.

by Anonymousreply 34October 23, 2011 7:34 AM

Good point R30. How can real friendship be possible when so many gay men have open contempt for the women straight men love?

by Anonymousreply 35October 23, 2011 8:58 AM

All my closest friends are straight dudes. My friends and I have the same interests, sports, hiking, politics, etc. I have noticed that a lot of gay men are the ones who are inhibited about close friendships with straight dudes. I don't make relationships based upon superficial qualities are group identities.

by Anonymousreply 36October 23, 2011 1:57 PM

Oooh, no wonder R36 has lots of straight male friends! He calls them dudes and likes hiking!

by Anonymousreply 37October 23, 2011 2:08 PM

RIDICULOUS, r37. You act as if hiking and "dude" are exclusive heterosexual dude domain. I assure they are NOT in 2011.

by Anonymousreply 38October 23, 2011 2:15 PM

R19, hardly a problem. I've never slept with any of my straight friends and te very rare times I did flirt with any while drunk they just giggled and excepted it as a compliment. I've lots of devoted straight friends and have never spent time in a hospital

by Anonymousreply 39October 23, 2011 2:33 PM

Only if te DUDES hike in the NUDE

by Anonymousreply 40October 23, 2011 2:35 PM

Same here, r29. Makes no difference to me whether a friend is straight or gay or male or female. I am interested in the person, not their gender/sexual orientation.

by Anonymousreply 41October 23, 2011 2:46 PM

R19 is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 42October 23, 2011 2:49 PM

Depends on generation I think.Then again you get some knuckle dragging Neanderthalish straight men who would never befriend a "faggot".

Case in point a friend of a friend came out to his closest friends since he was about 5 and they all dropped him.It probably didn't help he was in love with one of them but still.What really surprised me was they're my age (early 20's).I expected more of them really.

by Anonymousreply 43October 23, 2011 2:59 PM

Another thread of DELUDED gay men declaring how many (imagined) heterosexual male friends they have and how pro-gay they are. We are supposed to believe that somehow these guys found "the secret" to being friends with heterosexual males. Give me a break. It doesn't matter if you are the most masculine man on the planet as long as you are gay heterosexual males don't want to be your friend. I have yet to see any representation of an actual gay and heterosexual male friendship on tv. I'm not talking about chit-chat, I'm talking REAL friendship. If these supposed gay men who have the "it factor" in becoming friends with heterosexual males is real then we would see it on TV by now. Yet whenever I watch gay men on TV I see the same interactions heterosexual males have with them regardless if they are masculine, effeminate, a police officer or a florist. You may fool the other 43 posters into believing your bull but I know that ACTUAL gay male-heterosexual male friendships (not acquaintances) are very rare.

by Anonymousreply 44October 23, 2011 4:20 PM

R44, I feel really sad for you.

My straight friends are not imaginary I assure you.

by Anonymousreply 45October 23, 2011 4:24 PM

I think R44 is on to something important. Real life is exactly like television, and if you don't see it on TV, it doesn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 46October 23, 2011 4:27 PM

R44, get off your couch, turn off your TV and join the real world, dear. It's better than TV, I promise you.

[quote]If these supposed gay men who have the "it factor" in becoming friends with heterosexual males is real then we would see it on TV by now.

Oh, dear, oh, dear, oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 47October 23, 2011 4:29 PM

R45, R46, R47 Yes, it's just the TV. You guys want me to believe that somewhere in the real world these gay male-heterosexual male friendships exist yet have not been caught on camera yet. Please. Is this Bigfoot? Do I have to go in the woods to find it? There is response after response on this thread that true gay male-heterosexual male friendships exist so where are they?

by Anonymousreply 48October 23, 2011 4:45 PM

nobody has a "fag hag" anymore except sad 20somethings who are unable to have their own society and want to replicate one more thing we older guys did when we were young.

by Anonymousreply 49October 23, 2011 4:52 PM

R48, you don't have to go in the woods to find it. You do have to leave your television and go mix it up with other people to see how the world is changing.

by Anonymousreply 50October 23, 2011 4:53 PM

[quote] see how the world is changing.

So much so that you still come to a gay forum to make that proclamation.

by Anonymousreply 51October 23, 2011 5:15 PM

"have you SEEN the endless threads on DL of gays crushing on every straight guy that so much as smiles at them?"

I love how you think the straight guy trolls on the datalounge represent every gay man.

"You guys want me to believe that somewhere in the real world these gay male-heterosexual male friendships exist yet have not been caught on camera yet."

Caught on camera? What camera? I have straight male friends and we aren't followed around by cameras 24/7. Are you insane?

by Anonymousreply 52October 23, 2011 5:38 PM

I am a gay male in his 30s and have been out since my first year of university. All of my best friends have been straight guys. Sometimes, my sexuality has come up as an issue but I don't let it determine who I am as a friend. I'm pretty selective who I hang out with, so if I know a guy would have an issue with me being gay, I'm not going to invest the time in building a friendship with them. But there are decent guys out there who don't let it bother them. Who I am as a person determines my friendships, not my sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 53October 23, 2011 5:45 PM

r19 just doesn't get it and will always be lonely - and landing in the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 54October 23, 2011 5:46 PM

I'm wondering if geography plays an important role. I have grown up and live in the Eastern part of Canada and have had no problem forging close friendships with straight guys. Perhaps it's different in the Western part (where it is more conservative) and in, say, Midwestern America where it is notoriously a bible belt.

by Anonymousreply 55October 23, 2011 5:49 PM

There is a lot of emotional stunt in this thread. The gay guys who claim they have straight guy friends sound like they are desperate to hang out with the "cool" kids in high school. I think that was missing in their lives growing up, and there is a desperation for it now. Especially when grown men, regardless of sexuality, use words like "bro" and "dude".

Adult men, gay or straight, who are emotionally adjusted, don't worry about such things like, "how many male friends they have", or really care to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 56October 23, 2011 7:43 PM

Gay men lust after straight guys! they prefer them because they are masculine without all the hang ups

by Anonymousreply 57October 23, 2011 8:13 PM

r56 - an idiot and I suspect a boring academic who teaches because he "can't".

by Anonymousreply 58October 23, 2011 8:56 PM

R58, look bra, what they said was true. Now go chill with your str8 budz.

Peace bro.

by Anonymousreply 59October 24, 2011 4:39 PM

"Gay men lust after straight guys! they prefer them because they are masculine without all the hang ups"

Straight men don't have hang ups? What planet are you living on? Most straight guys are fat, too.

by Anonymousreply 60October 24, 2011 6:51 PM

Straight guys gossip about everybody, they complain about everything - non-stop bitching.

by Anonymousreply 61October 24, 2011 7:00 PM

lk

by Anonymousreply 62July 1, 2013 8:16 PM

[post by racist shit-stain #3 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 63July 1, 2013 8:17 PM

Bromos?

by Anonymousreply 64July 2, 2013 12:14 PM

by Anonymousreply 65July 22, 2013 3:32 AM

R53 has his head on straight.

by Anonymousreply 66July 25, 2013 1:19 AM

I would say Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry were ahead of their time, but I believe Fry was celibate for many years during their early and mid-friendship.

by Anonymousreply 67July 25, 2013 1:24 AM

All of my best friends are straight dudes.

by Anonymousreply 68August 15, 2013 12:38 PM

2 of my best friends, who know I'm gay, treat me the same as they did when we were merely "bros." Things have already changed, OP.

by Anonymousreply 69August 15, 2013 12:42 PM

Almost all my friends are straight males. We are just bros, and sexual orientation is not an issue.

by Anonymousreply 70August 15, 2013 2:30 PM

especially after they cum when you suck them off

by Anonymousreply 71August 15, 2013 2:31 PM

IMO, the only gays that have problems making friends with straight guys are the self-loathing gays that want to have sex with straight guys.

I'm 28, and all my closest friends are straight guys. Ever since HS, I've had straight guy friends and have never had problems attracting them as friends.

With that said, I have NEVER had sex with a straight guy and I NEVER will. When it comes to sex, I'm only attracted to GAY guys. I do have a problems making gay friends but I believe that's cause I'm attracted to them and want to kiss them and fuck them and hold them.

by Anonymousreply 72August 15, 2013 2:46 PM

cool dude

by Anonymousreply 73August 24, 2013 4:24 PM

None of my friends are straight men - not by choice, but by circumstance. I do seem to get along better with straight women and other gay men, though, so I'm in no hurry to make any.

by Anonymousreply 74August 24, 2013 4:36 PM

I had no idea that they still made Bromo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75August 24, 2013 4:40 PM

po

by Anonymousreply 76September 3, 2013 9:53 PM

If you are gay and have straight male friends, they all want to have sex with you. This is fact. So you should not be afraid to get the ball rolling. They want you too, but are all really shy. Just grab his dick or shove your tongue down his throught one day, he'll respond very positively.

by Anonymousreply 77September 3, 2013 9:59 PM

x

by Anonymousreply 78September 9, 2013 7:12 PM

yes

by Anonymousreply 79September 27, 2013 3:42 PM

?

by Anonymousreply 80November 4, 2013 2:33 PM

I'm 45 and I've pretty much always had straight guy friends. Most of my friends are gay, but it's a mixed crowd all around. My straight guy friends are pretty cool with "the gay thing". They have to be or else we wouldn't be friends. The idea that this is something new or novel is a bit strange.

[quote]Straight guys and gay guys are too threatening to one another. One or the other or both have to be non sexual when together.

R5's post is beyond stupid. Straight men in general are used to being "non sexual" around other guys because that is their default, natural way. Gay men are also used to being "non sexual" around other men because we're conditioned to be this was through school and work and life in general. The world is not a giant bathhouse for most of us. I can appreciate that a particular man is attractive without making anyone uncomfortable or even aware. It's called decorum. Most adults can handle this. I'm sorry if you can't.

Sex and friendship are different things and can exist fine without the other. To claim that all men, gay and straight, can't compartmentalize or control their sexuality in circumstances or situations where overt sexuality is inappropriate is ludicrous and insulting to men.

by Anonymousreply 81November 4, 2013 2:55 PM

My neighbors are all straight married guys. I'm not out to any of them. Their wives suspect I'm gay. Recently the guys have become distant. I think they are far more uncomfortable with me. There is no tension from me. Yeah they are good looking but they are married so I don't think about it.

by Anonymousreply 82November 4, 2013 3:12 PM

They're distant towards you because you are closeted. If you just presented yourself as an openly gay man with no interest in them sexually they'd probably not be so distant.

Hiding your sexuality is creepy. Everyone knows that adults have a sexuality, so hiding yours indicates shame, which arouses suspicion.

by Anonymousreply 83November 4, 2013 3:19 PM

r83, most people these days are not close enough to their neighbors to have a opportunity to come out to them, if you are just waving hello.

And being standoffish because you think someone is creepy for not coming out is most certainly prejudiced and homophobic. Being gay is not a crime in which you are suspect, that statement you made is the definition of homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 84November 4, 2013 3:35 PM

I understand what r83 is saying. Not being out can be considered shady, and thus may be viewed with suspicion.

by Anonymousreply 85November 4, 2013 3:52 PM

I love straight bros

by Anonymousreply 86November 11, 2013 3:25 PM

R82, they are uncomfortable with you because YOU are uncomfortable with yourself. Read R83's post very carefully.

by Anonymousreply 87November 11, 2013 3:29 PM

Please, there is no such thing as straight guys

by Anonymousreply 88November 11, 2013 3:46 PM

Famous Straight/gay male friendships

Andy Cohen and Sean Avery

Nick Grimshaw and Harry Styles

Ian Mckellan and Patrick Stewart

Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie

Lance Bass and Joey Fatone

by Anonymousreply 89November 11, 2013 4:05 PM

There isn't a disconnect between gay men or straight men at all. Only in the heads of socially awkward people or people who overthink the sexuality thing. Guys in general today ( from my experience) dont care if someone is gay.

I live in austin, tx by the way.

by Anonymousreply 90November 11, 2013 4:18 PM

My gay brothers: straight guys are all just dying for you to take their pants off and lick their poles and enter their holes. It's the new meaning of "straight," whether you live in Austin or Boston.

by Anonymousreply 91November 11, 2013 4:38 PM

Friday night, I was out with a bunch of gay male friends. Saturday night, I went out with 3 guy friends who are all straight.

They are all great friends and I don't want to suck any of their dicks.

by Anonymousreply 92November 11, 2013 4:41 PM

R90 = trans girl with straight fetish

by Anonymousreply 93November 11, 2013 4:52 PM

Don't you have any close straight male friends?

I think most gay men do.

by Anonymousreply 94November 11, 2013 4:58 PM

I know their not so straight secrets... like most gay men do.

by Anonymousreply 95November 11, 2013 5:08 PM

Gay clubs are going under. Younger gay men become less segregated. Older men don't understand this.

by Anonymousreply 96November 11, 2013 5:33 PM

R93 fuck no im not trans and i want them to stop piggybacking off gays. Gays dont need more gender nonzense attatched to them.

by Anonymousreply 97November 11, 2013 5:44 PM

All "straight" boys must open up their little very non-straight secrets, maybe then we can talk about equality?

by Anonymousreply 98November 11, 2013 5:47 PM

"... fuck no im not trans and i want them to stop piggybacking off gays."

Do the straights have to use a condom when they're doing that?

by Anonymousreply 99November 11, 2013 10:00 PM

ll

by Anonymousreply 100July 17, 2014 8:58 PM

People never get this.

Straight guys accept us fags because their girlfriends and wives do, and they wish to continue getting pussy.

Anybody here ever meet a straight guy? Just say "pussy," and he's like a dog and a Milkbone treat.

by Anonymousreply 101July 17, 2014 9:21 PM

d

by Anonymousreply 102September 13, 2014 2:18 PM

I have a group of 4 straight guys whom I consider to be my closest friends. We call each other "brother" in a non-ironic sense; I literally think of them as my brothers. I go to the bar with them, we 'll play football in the park, have bbqs, go to the gym together, etc. I am open about my sexuality with them and, after some initial awkwardness, it's become a complete non-issue. They don't care that I'm gay and - quite frankly - I am a better friend because I am now being completely honest with them and myself. Having deep, meaningful friendships with other people (whether straight or gay) is one of the greatest feelings in life. I don't know what I would do without my "brothers". I should add that we 're all different races as well. It's empowering to see all of the old social constructs falling away.

by Anonymousreply 103September 13, 2014 3:07 PM

It's the straight men who feel threatened by gay men R5. They are not used to be the object of male gaze which is how they look at the world around them. Their homophobia is a response to that.

by Anonymousreply 104September 13, 2014 3:24 PM

d

by Anonymousreply 105November 11, 2014 6:37 PM

o

by Anonymousreply 106January 15, 2015 8:51 PM

d

by Anonymousreply 107January 25, 2015 3:07 AM

Any Tumblrs dedicated to this topic?

by Anonymousreply 108February 18, 2015 1:50 PM

This is just stupid.

It depends on who the guys are, how they know each other, what the connection is, how comfortable the straight guy is with his own sexuality, how much it bothers him that someone might think he's gay because of the friendship.

It happens though. My best friend is straight. We have similar interests, similar sense of humor. While I admit to having sexual thoughts about him when we first met 20 years ago, now he feels more like a brother and the thought of having sex with him is creepy.

I also know plenty of guys who came out later in life who are still tight friends with the same guys they'd been friends with for years. They didn't drop each other because one came out.

by Anonymousreply 109February 18, 2015 1:59 PM

;

by Anonymousreply 110May 12, 2015 2:04 PM

Depends, in my line of work, music, straights and gays mix more freely and openly than the rest of you. Straight guys like gay guys just because of the guy, not some sexual dynamic.

by Anonymousreply 111May 12, 2015 2:09 PM

Friendship has absolutely nothing to do with sex. Sex is an activity like bowling I don't go bowling with everybody. Every man alive would suck their own dick if it was reachable. Every straight-identified male has thought about sex with another male, many have tasted, plenty have swallowed. It is impossible to masturbate without getting gay with yourself.

by Anonymousreply 112May 12, 2015 2:44 PM

so true dude

by Anonymousreply 113August 4, 2015 11:51 PM

The majority of my close friends are straight men. I've been close with them for years and can't imagine not having them.

by Anonymousreply 114August 4, 2015 11:55 PM

Hmmmm

by Anonymousreply 115January 28, 2016 8:23 PM

Nice

by Anonymousreply 116May 2, 2016 10:53 AM

Oh great the "Bro-troll" is back, trying to make the word "bro" happen outside of a CBS sitcom.

I have NEVER heard anyone use that word in real life. And I'm surrounded by 20somethings to 30somethings, black, white, Asian.

by Anonymousreply 117May 2, 2016 11:59 AM

Nice

by Anonymousreply 118November 20, 2016 2:04 PM

Hmmm

by Anonymousreply 119January 3, 2017 2:22 AM

My two best friends in the world are straight. Both very "jock-y" and probably what most of you would call "dudes". We do just about everything together except go on dates together (although we have done that, as a six-some, but only a couple of times).

by Anonymousreply 120January 3, 2017 2:40 AM

I was confused/closeted for a long time...there is huge variation in the sex drives of straight guys, as well as the amount of time they spend and how they are when talking about pussy. That said, even the guys who get laid all of the time have other interests.

Re: friendship. Now I'm out and happy, still have a lot of straight friends, but don't seek them out as much as I used to. However, I wouldn't turn down a friendship if we had a connection/similar interests.

by Anonymousreply 121January 3, 2017 3:47 AM

^^^That should be "how open they are when talking about pussy."

by Anonymousreply 122January 3, 2017 3:47 AM

My straight friends are cool with masculine gay/bi guys, but they expressly say they are "weirded out by guys who act like girls." I try to enlighten them but they have pretty inelastic feelings about gender expression

by Anonymousreply 123January 3, 2017 4:07 AM

Hmmmm

by Anonymousreply 124January 3, 2017 3:21 PM

I read an article the other day that said one in five Americans are related to or close friends with a gay person. As being gay is normalized, there is less barrier to friendship.

People are perfectly capable of distinguishing between sexual and nonsexual relationships in friendship just as they are at work. Equality for gays was never meant to mean separate but equal. It means full integration into society.

by Anonymousreply 125January 3, 2017 4:00 PM

Yeah

by Anonymousreply 126August 8, 2017 4:43 PM

It's pretty common amongst young people.

by Anonymousreply 127August 8, 2017 5:04 PM

The majority of my male friends are heterosexual. There was a time when they weren't but that was when I spent far more time in gay bars and clubs. I do believe that there are more straight people than we imagine who would turn on a dime. AIDS revealed that in the past and we can see signifiers around the world now.

But I trust my mates.

Since I'm in my 50s and lived a bit it would be pretty sad if I hadn't learnt to be some judge of character.

by Anonymousreply 128August 8, 2017 5:33 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 129February 8, 2019 11:27 AM

It’s become normal now. It shouldn’t be overanalyzed as something noteworthy. Just be

by Anonymousreply 130March 27, 2020 12:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!