Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Grey's Anatomy - what a shitfest

This show used to be really good, and even as recently as last year was slightly interesting.

But it's a massive shitfest now. And Derek is such an asshole I can't imagine any frau wanting him.

This is like ER - all the shit that could possibly surprise anyone has already happened.

by Anonymousreply 70June 20, 2018 5:43 PM

frau fest!

by Anonymousreply 1October 7, 2011 9:18 PM

I actually liked it last year, I even started to like Meredith. It hit the fan starting with the "singing" episode last season. Now most of the characters are horrible and unlikeable.

by Anonymousreply 2October 7, 2011 9:34 PM

I always liked Meredith because she was so "I don't give a fuck."

But I hate when she lets Derek shit on her. She needs to tell him and his shiny hair and small cock to fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 3October 7, 2011 9:57 PM

I can't understand why Kim Raver would want to be in this shitfest after she had been in Third Watch, the Nine, 24, and Lipstick Jungle.

by Anonymousreply 4October 8, 2011 12:03 PM

The musical episode really was completely awful.

by Anonymousreply 5October 8, 2011 5:17 PM

I thought Meredith getting fired for doing something absolutely ethically (for scientific professionals) wrong would make for an interesting transition and story. But it's such a disappointment that the Chief has taken the blame for her actions and she is continuing without her career suffering. I would have been more interested in seeing how she could redeem herself after her termination coupled with being left by her husband and saddled with a new baby.

In general the show has become a real bore.

by Anonymousreply 6October 8, 2011 5:31 PM

Who's the good looking black dude on the show?

by Anonymousreply 7October 8, 2011 5:44 PM

[R7] I assume you are talking about one of the two guys banging Bailey. One is Jason George, the other is Daniel Sunjara.

They could make an all meat sandwich outta me for damn sure!

by Anonymousreply 8October 8, 2011 6:04 PM

I like the fact that Derek is pissed off at her, and I love that he takes his career so seriously. I don't think he'll ever be able to forgive her.

Thursday's episode was great because it was more about the guys and their perspective.

by Anonymousreply 9October 8, 2011 6:09 PM

Totally agree, R6. Odd direction to go with that storyline.

Two hot guys after Bailey. uh..why? It surely isn't her glowing personality.

by Anonymousreply 10October 8, 2011 6:12 PM

Is it just me, or does every show tehse days seem to spend the first few episodes just "un-doing" the season finale cliff-hanger so it can get back to normal?

by Anonymousreply 11October 8, 2011 6:46 PM

[R10] they must like the big curvy fraus. More bounce to the ounce?

[R9] I would be fucking deliriously happy if they'd both tell each other to fuck off and die, because they are a bad match. But it's TV and it's Shonda Rhimes so that will never happen.

by Anonymousreply 12October 8, 2011 6:50 PM

They should really end the show. It hasn't been that great since 2005.

by Anonymousreply 13October 8, 2011 7:23 PM

People should take note of the fact that this show is pure fantasy. Nothing about has anything to do with the reality of the medical profession. It's a soap opera, really.

I watched this show a few times to see why it was popular. I still can't figure it out. People actually WATCH this dreck? That "Doctor McDreamy" shit...oh please!

Everybody on this show seems like they're on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I particularly hate Sandra Oh's character; she is one crazy bitch! And that short, fat, plain, big-mouthed doctor with the abrasive personality who nonetheless has hot guys wanting to fuck her make me want to throw up. In the real world no hot guy would want to touch her with a ten foot pole.

by Anonymousreply 14October 8, 2011 11:03 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 15October 9, 2011 11:33 AM

That episode the other night was an utter shitfest.

Two of the hottest men who have ever been on this show fighting over Bailey? Sure, Shonda.

The only interesting and slightly edgy plot strand this season was Sandra Oh's character choosing to have an abortion but they seem to have swept that under the carpet.

by Anonymousreply 16October 9, 2011 12:07 PM

The only reason I still watch is Kevin McKidd, who is so fucking hot that I want his big, fat, ginger Welsh cock ramming into me over and over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 9, 2011 12:18 PM

Kevin is Scottish.

by Anonymousreply 18October 9, 2011 12:22 PM

Those two guys are way too hot to be interested in Bailey. In real life, they wouldnt give her a second glance.

by Anonymousreply 19October 9, 2011 1:25 PM

I still wished that they hadn't fired Brooke Smith from the show. She was entertaining as Dr. Erica Hahn.

by Anonymousreply 20October 9, 2011 1:45 PM

[R20] I liked her too. But she needed not to be on every show, because she was too much like Yang.

I hate to admit it, but I miss Burke. I kinda wish Isaiah Washington would come back. I know he was an asshole but....I kinda wonder if there's a point he could have been forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 21October 9, 2011 2:32 PM

[quote] This is like ER - all the shit that could possibly surprise anyone has already happened.

But with ER you didn't have so many cast members sleeping with eachother.

Personally I think the show went downhill the season after Denny died.

by Anonymousreply 22October 9, 2011 2:48 PM

I miss Isaiah Washington on there too, r21. If he hadn't been such an asshole he might still be on there today.

Kim Raver playing Teddy makes me want to puke.

by Anonymousreply 23October 9, 2011 6:18 PM

[quote]The only interesting and slightly edgy plot strand this season was Sandra Oh's character choosing to have an abortion but they seem to have swept that under the carpet.

Ohhh, yes, so edgy!

by Anonymousreply 24October 9, 2011 6:25 PM

"The only reason I still watch is Kevin McKidd, who is so fucking hot that I want his big, fat, ginger Welsh cock ramming into me over and over."

I think that's probably the real reason I watched this shitty show a few times. What the hell is he doing on this lousy tv series? I guess it's a regular paycheck, but he's damn fine looking and a very good actor. He should be doing feature films; he's wasting his talent on this drivel.

The love scenes between him and Sandra Oh seem very fake and forced. They have no chemistry at all. And it's always kind of gross to see a good-looking actor kissing a woman who has a face like the rear end of a horse.

by Anonymousreply 25October 9, 2011 7:10 PM

[R25] He does a good job of acting that he loves her, though. And when he does that passionate kiss thing....man, my pants twitch.

I used to think Eric Dane was pretty hot, too. But he's kinda over the top handsome in a comical way. Sort of like a younger Kevin Kline.

by Anonymousreply 26October 9, 2011 9:36 PM

I wish they would show more Scott Foley as Henry. That guy is a hottie, and let's face it, and lot of the Grey's guys are looking rough around the edges, Eric Dane and Justin Chambers I'm looking at you.

by Anonymousreply 27October 9, 2011 10:13 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 28October 9, 2011 10:55 PM

I think r7 was referring to Jesse Williams who plays Jackson Avery, he was nude in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 and I agree very hot, not the best actor though.

This season is sucking so far and I think the show is suffering from an incurable lack of realism. I was hopeful last season when Cristina quit and they broke Callie and Arizona up there were some great potential stories developing, but then they trew all that out the window in favor or impregnating everyone, fast tracking a lesbian wedding that really should have been saved for the end of the current season, and throwing a big musical bash (admittedly I didn't hate the musical episode as much as the impossibly quick recovery that followed).

Never thought I'd say this, but the spin-off is more realistic and entertaining than the original. I've completely given up on SR's ability to hold it together long enough to tell a coherent story.

by Anonymousreply 29October 9, 2011 10:56 PM

[italic]Grey's Anatomy[/italic] has outlived its usefulness. It would be great if Chandra Wilson were to go from this to her own leading role in a new ABC series. She can carry a show. And is very interesting and dynamic.

by Anonymousreply 30October 10, 2011 12:37 AM

I've always found Grey's Anatomy a horrible show most likely because I am currently studying medicine. Look no one has that much time for shagging or feelings and blah blah blah. In real life in the hospital it's rush rush rush.

by Anonymousreply 31October 10, 2011 12:43 AM

"He does a good job of acting that he loves her, though. And when he does that passionate kiss thing....man, my pants twitch.'

He does the best he can with the role, but I don't understand his character's passion for Sandra Oh's character. She's CRAZY. And she has this weird, squashed-in face. I don't see what the attraction is.

by Anonymousreply 32October 10, 2011 12:45 AM

[quote]t's a soap opera, really.

Next you'll tell us water is wet.

[quote]and lot of the Grey's guys are looking rough around the edges, Eric Dane and Justin Chambers I'm looking at you.

Justin Chambers has aged horribly. He was impossibly hot when he played Nick Hudson on Another World. He's gone downhill and fast the last couple of years. And his character is an unbearable asshole.

by Anonymousreply 33October 10, 2011 1:24 AM

[quote]I don't understand his character's passion for Sandra Oh's character. She's CRAZY.

You don't know many straight guys do you? They love crazy Asian chicks.

by Anonymousreply 34October 10, 2011 1:30 AM

Recently they have taken to showing the doctors drinking in the hospital, this is the point where I realized Shonda has lost all sense of reality. I don't care if someone has a throw away line about everyone being off the clock, therew is no way a bunch of doctors sitting in a hospital lounge drinking scotch isn't completely unprofessional and against some sort of policy. Yet it has happened in five-six episodes in the past two seasons. And no, patients do not gift doctors with expensive bottles of scotch. I am really starting to think Shonda has a drinking problem as much as she glorifies alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 35October 10, 2011 1:53 AM

"Recently they have taken to showing the doctors drinking in the hospital, this is the point where I realized Shonda has lost all sense of reality. I don't care if someone has a throw away line about everyone being off the clock, therew is no way a bunch of doctors sitting in a hospital lounge drinking scotch isn't completely unprofessional and against some sort of policy. Yet it has happened in five-six episodes in the past two seasons. And no, patients do not gift doctors with expensive bottles of scotch. I am really starting to think Shonda has a drinking problem as much as she glorifies alcohol.'

No, doctors don't drink in the hospital; that kind of behavior is unthinkable. And they don't get gifts of booze from their patients. This show is like a John Waters movie, it's so over the top crazy.

by Anonymousreply 36October 10, 2011 2:22 AM

Thanks r36, that what I thought. I'm not a doctor but I recall a patient trying to gift my GP with cookies and she kindly explained that she couldn't accept them due to hospital policy. So the alcohol thing bothers me on two levels, the first being that it seems like something legal would put the kabosh on right from the start, the second being that I don't really know what kind of sophomoric idiot doctor would sit around drinking alcohol in a hospital off the clock or not.

In order for me to like a show there has to be some level of believability. I forgave the horrendous timeline that makes no sense at all, I even put up with the ghost sex. But that on top of the two day recovery from a life threatening car accident/ forced delivery, two pregnancies and an adoption in one season, the faulty clinical trial that should have shut the hospital down, and the constant addition of needless characters (as hot as he is I do not care about Jackson and April is just a less attractive Lexie); I feel like she just keeps trowing things in to see how bad it has to get before they pull the plug.

by Anonymousreply 37October 10, 2011 2:58 AM

This show was never realistic about that stuff. It's high school in a hospital, and Shonda's even said that.

Any attempt at reality died when Katherine Heigl's character was allowed to stay on staff after cutting Denny's wire. I hated that bitch.

by Anonymousreply 38October 11, 2011 12:19 PM

It's happened before - it's happened again.

I'd given up on this show about 3 weeks ago. The way they brushed off Grey manipulating the clinical trial and nobody suffered real world-type repercussions for it suggested to me that this show could never hold my attention again.

But then I watched last week's episode, and I was right back to where I've been previously. The story with Teddy and her husband was really well done. Even the story with Grey and Karev veered enough from where I thought they were going that I was interested.

I'm still not ready to say I'm 'all in' but I'll still be watching for at least another episode.

by Anonymousreply 39November 13, 2011 9:54 PM

I just can't look at Sandra Oh's face for that long.

If she was even a competent actress, it would help.

And all of the promos this season have been "LIFE OR DEATH" for a cast member. No real drama at all.

That's all I've seen of it for seasons, the promos that play during other better shows.

by Anonymousreply 40November 13, 2011 10:10 PM

How many more seasons of this shitfest?

by Anonymousreply 41July 24, 2013 3:35 PM

This show should have ended a few seasons ago. It's not near as good as it used to be and there's too many characters now.

by Anonymousreply 42July 25, 2013 6:32 AM

I agree with you, r42.

by Anonymousreply 43July 25, 2013 2:07 PM

R41 I think this is likely its last season.

Rhimes has a big hit with SCANDAL now, and all her remaining original cast members want to go.

Thing is, this is (sadly) still the highest rated ABC drama.

by Anonymousreply 44July 25, 2013 3:28 PM

They should just pull the plug. Any suggestions for how to end ut?

by Anonymousreply 45July 25, 2013 9:51 PM

Grey's Anatomy had become a joke.

by Anonymousreply 46July 26, 2013 10:13 PM

it's all a fantasy for women and some men who will never a 'Mc-Anyone.'

by Anonymousreply 47July 26, 2013 10:15 PM

They killed off the wrong people.

by Anonymousreply 48July 26, 2013 11:50 PM

Kate Walsh is so glad that she left the shitty show so long ago.

by Anonymousreply 49July 27, 2013 11:19 AM

Kate got her own shitty show.

by Anonymousreply 50July 27, 2013 10:22 PM

Yes, r50, but Kate Walsh wrapped up her final season of Private Practice months ago. She is currently taking a break from acting.

by Anonymousreply 51July 27, 2013 11:08 PM

I can't help it....as crappy as it is, I will watch the upcoming season, just to see how the Callie/Arizona trainwreck plays out.

by Anonymousreply 52July 30, 2013 2:52 AM

I thought them buying the hospital would revitalize everything. But it was just the same afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 53July 30, 2013 4:55 AM

Nope, r53.

by Anonymousreply 54July 30, 2013 6:35 PM

Isaiah Washington is coming back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 7, 2014 7:35 PM

Doctor McDreamy is DEAD! I'm surprised that no one has created a thread about that. But I guess this show is so over that not many people give a shit anymore.

by Anonymousreply 56April 26, 2015 3:42 AM

Brooke Smith, Kim Raver, Sandra Oh, Patrick Demsey, and everyone else who has left the show with a slight of relief.

by Anonymousreply 57April 22, 2016 10:49 PM

I haven't watched since Dizzy. I haven't been able to take Jeffrey Dean Morgan ever since as a result.

by Anonymousreply 58April 22, 2016 10:51 PM

"They should just pull the plug. Any suggestions for how to end ut?"

How about having a terrorist blow up the hospital? They should really kill off all the members of the cast. That would be the perfect ending.

by Anonymousreply 59April 22, 2016 11:22 PM

Kim Raver got fired from Grey's Anatomy. What was she like on the set. I heard she was a snotty bitch on the set of Third Watch.

by Anonymousreply 60April 26, 2016 6:27 PM

I agree with you, r56.

by Anonymousreply 61April 27, 2016 2:51 PM

I wished that Brooke Smith who played Dr. Erica Hahn had not been fired from the show.

by Anonymousreply 62April 27, 2016 3:48 PM

It is truly fecal.

by Anonymousreply 63April 27, 2016 5:26 PM

I've liked some songs I heard first on Grey's: "Song beneath the Song," by Maria Taylor, "Back Where I Was," by John Elliott, "Chasing Cars," by Snow Patrol, and "How to Save a Life," by the Fray.

The music on Scandal is good, too. I'd like to have Alex Patsavas' job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 27, 2016 9:54 PM

Brooke Smith as Dr. Erica Hahn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 27, 2016 11:04 PM

It's such a "chick" show. Does anybody besides middle-aged women watch this thing? I've tried to watch it a few times; I can never make it through an entire episode, it's so awful.

by Anonymousreply 66April 27, 2016 11:53 PM

Why did Sandra Oh leave the show?

by Anonymousreply 67April 30, 2016 3:47 PM

Meredith is unbearable this season and i'm sick of all the Jackson and April drama. Why did they have to make her pregnant? And when is Alex going to remove his head from Meredith's ass??

by Anonymousreply 68April 30, 2016 4:00 PM

Kim Raver in Grey's Anatomy 6x09 (Part 2).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 1, 2016 3:32 PM

Grey's Anatomy Makes Kim Raver a Series Regular for Season 15

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 20, 2018 5:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!