Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Marie Osmond still a Mormon?

She seems awfully laid back for one. Maybe her show business experience has mellowed her because I just can't imagine her wearing magic underwear and judging gays or gentiles considering her background.

by Anonymousreply 103March 25, 2019 8:54 PM

She still considers herself a Moron - I mean Morman. She also has a gay daughter and she had a hard time accepting that.

by Anonymousreply 1August 16, 2011 5:06 AM

Did you know she was the first choice to play Sandy for GREASE? But she refused to dress up like a skank for the last scene, so she turned down the part.

by Anonymousreply 2August 16, 2011 5:13 AM

Mormons are like shape-shifters in our culture, OP. Beware.

by Anonymousreply 3August 16, 2011 5:59 AM

Only when she's avoiding caffeine, listening to her Mormon Tabernacle Choir CD, or fucking Donny.

by Anonymousreply 4August 16, 2011 6:06 AM

Out-of-town Mormon

by Anonymousreply 5August 16, 2011 6:09 AM

Lay it on, boys, while it's still open season on Mormons. Before long, some asshat will come along and argue they have rights or some shit.

by Anonymousreply 6August 16, 2011 8:41 AM

They have rights, including the right to run for president. %0D %0D We have rights too, including the right (not to say the duty) to call them out on their reactionary mysogynistic bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 7August 16, 2011 8:50 AM

I have it on good authority that she is far more liberal than one might think. She has to play that down a mite bit in public because of her faith and also because Donny is far more conservative than she is and they are currently working together. One day she will actually think for herself and maybe be more open about her own personal system of beliefs. But as things are as of right now, she has to tow the family line because she is bailing Donny (and by association her other brothers as well) out with a thing or two even though she has no personal financial need to work with him. Remember. The Osmond's father screwed up their finances ages ago. Marie bounced back like a son of a bitch but her brothers never really did. Still! Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 8August 16, 2011 3:22 PM

R8 Details please on Daddy Osmond messing with the kids' money. This is one that I hadn't heard.

by Anonymousreply 9August 16, 2011 4:30 PM

Does she still sells dolls on QVC?

by Anonymousreply 10August 16, 2011 4:36 PM

Donny Osmond is a god!

by Anonymousreply 11August 16, 2011 4:37 PM

She dresses like a skank now. Hell she wears more makeup than most Vegas showgirls.

by Anonymousreply 12August 16, 2011 4:39 PM

Escaping from Mormonism requires a lot more personal resources than Marie has.

by Anonymousreply 13August 16, 2011 4:42 PM

Didn't the dad sink a fortune into building recording and TV studios (in Provo, UT) for them to do their recording and performing in? Maybe that venture was an inevitable, expensive flop which drained the family fortune.

by Anonymousreply 14August 16, 2011 5:52 PM

Didn't Donny admit he'd never had a blowjob on tv? Do mormons not do oral and doesn't Marie have a gay son?

by Anonymousreply 15August 16, 2011 6:15 PM

I love her dolls

by Anonymousreply 16August 16, 2011 6:33 PM

George Osmond was convinced that by building their own TV and recording studios, they would not only save money on production but could then MAKE money from renting out the facilities to others. He sank an enormous amount of money into it and the project became a huge money pit that was jokingly referred to as "Osmondia". When it became obvious that the money had been badly invested, Daddy Osmond had to confess to the family that their fortune was largely depleted.

by Anonymousreply 17August 16, 2011 7:06 PM

[quote]doesn't Marie have a gay son? He killed himself, hon.

by Anonymousreply 18August 16, 2011 7:32 PM

This explains her kids:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 16, 2011 7:36 PM

Mormons are all about the money and the heterosex.

The Osmond family has probably financed a gazillion missionaries to third world skank holes.

It is all about being worthy (rich enough) to be afforded your own universe.

It's like spiritual monkey pile with money.

by Anonymousreply 20August 16, 2011 8:11 PM

I thought it was Alan Osmond and one of the other brothers who had the bright idea to sink all their money into that studio venture. I've read that two of the brothers (I think Wayne and Jay) were very skeptical of the whole idea. And from what I remember of Donny's autobiography, their dad was also skeptical but eventually gave in.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 21August 17, 2011 7:11 AM

I read that Andy Gibb and Marie Osmond were in love but it didn't work out. Now that I think of it Victoria Principle looks a little like Marie and Marie's first and current husband Steve looks a little like Andy Gibb.

by Anonymousreply 22August 17, 2011 9:07 AM

Gurl...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 17, 2011 9:20 AM

Is the pope still catholic?

by Anonymousreply 24August 17, 2011 9:55 AM

Well, when they were younger R23!

by Anonymousreply 25August 17, 2011 10:03 AM

r18 the jury is still out on her oldest son.

by Anonymousreply 26August 18, 2011 1:55 AM

Don't like her sugary sweet voice, she did one song I had the 45 of which was very Ashford-Simpson, early 80s r&b "This is The Way That I Feel" and she did a hot photo session for it. Kinda like her duet with Paul Davis "You're Still New To Me" and of course she did his "Meet Me in Montana". . really like his songwriting. She does wear too much makeup but still looks sexy.

by Anonymousreply 27August 18, 2011 2:23 AM

I thought she was supportive of her lessie daughter? Seems that way

"In an interview with Los Angeles radio station KOST 103.5 on Monday, Marie Osmond confirmed that her oldest daughter Jessica is a lesbian %E2%80%94 calling her a "magnificent woman" and stating that she supports her daughter and believes in equal rights for gays and lesbians under the law.

Osmond%E2%80%99s public support of her daughter is significant, because Osmond is the highest profile Mormon thus far to come out in support of marriage equality %E2%80%94 or at least giving gay and lesbian couples the same rights afforded to heterosexual couples."

Kinda cool considering.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 18, 2011 2:39 AM

Donny & Marie wowed NY critics with their over the top Xmas show on B'way last year, will they be back?

by Anonymousreply 29August 18, 2011 2:41 AM

So what exactly is the purpose of the special Mormon underwear? Bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 30August 18, 2011 2:54 AM

When is she starting on The Bold & The Beautiful?

by Anonymousreply 31August 18, 2011 3:04 AM

The special Mormon underwear is a tangible reminder of one's purity. %0D %0D Kind of like when the nuns used to tell us that our souls were like clean white sheets, and if we got them dirty (by sinning) we would go to Hell. Only we didn't have to actually WEAR a sheet.

by Anonymousreply 32August 18, 2011 3:12 AM

Thanks r32 I never knew about the special underwear; probably because I left the church before I was old enough to know what homophobia was. The church kept all the really strange stuff away from us kids, probably because we would have laughed out loud at them.

by Anonymousreply 33August 18, 2011 3:20 AM

George Osmond had to pay $Millions$ to an Osmond crew member in Provo. George was caught molesting one of his sons. The investment story was concocted to cover up what was an open secret in Provo.

by Anonymousreply 34December 17, 2011 4:14 PM

r34,

Do you have a reference for that? It's not that I don't believe you, but I wonder why he would molest someone else's kid when he had all of his own to choose from.

My Mormon neighbor used to follow the Osmond family gossip and never mentioned this. Marie has even mailed her a few letters after she met her in London.

by Anonymousreply 35December 17, 2011 5:05 PM

[quote]why he would molest someone else's kid when he had all of his own to choose from.

Believe it or not, some pedophiles think doing their own kids is gross

by Anonymousreply 36December 17, 2011 5:29 PM

r9 -- she and her first husband were re-married in the Salt Lake temple recently, so her bishop must have certified her observance as a Mormon. But the LDS church has given the Osmond clan a waiver for years (none of them served as a missionary.) The public reason was that they serve as a living example of the faith, but certainly the poster who mentioned all the missionaries they must have supported (and donations to BYU) helped, as did tithing from their incomes.

The story at the time was that the father lost all their assets in bad investments, altho the info about one or more of the brothers actually having mae the decision is interesting (one of them is deaf and the parents may have gone along with the decision to shore up his self-image.) Donny had to work his butt off performing to get the family back on its feet (maybe Marie was starting her family at the time.)

by Anonymousreply 37December 18, 2011 10:07 PM

It seems that none of you have a real understanding of Mormonism. You shouldn't judge until you have done you homework. It seems that they may be better people than you based on your comments.

by Anonymousreply 38November 19, 2012 3:40 PM

R38, until they've committed genocide or martyred a prophet they are just another loony cult - like Moonies.

by Anonymousreply 39November 19, 2012 3:52 PM

I like Marie singing " Angel Love" and "Play the Music Loud"

by Anonymousreply 40November 19, 2012 5:37 PM

Marie's oldest son is married now. Marie and her husband Steve remarried in the Las Vegas Temple. They first got married in the Salt Lake Temple.

Jay and Wayne did not want to invest in the Orem, Utah studios. The others wanted to return to Utah. The Osmonds thought Hollywood would come to Utah to film, but they didn't. The studios went belly up. The Osmonds also made other bad investments like walnut orchards. Jimmy is the smart entrepreneur. He invested in Branson and got the others to join him to perform.

The Osmonds had a huge 50th Anniversary tour a few years back. I assume they raked in a lot of money to keep the other brothers solvent now.

by Anonymousreply 41November 19, 2012 6:43 PM

How come we never discussed her peeing her pants on stage?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 19, 2012 6:45 PM

Dear [R38] "Just the way it works" I studied religions of the world in college and according to those classes, Joesph Smith (whom they believe to be a prophet) and others were martyred June 27,1844. He was killed at the Carthage Jail in Illinois.

by Anonymousreply 43November 19, 2012 7:03 PM

Marie has a new daily talk show on the Hallmark Channel (one of the shows they bumped Martha for) but it must be really bombing as you hear NOTHING about it.

by Anonymousreply 44November 19, 2012 7:08 PM

Wow, it's true. I had no idea she had a show.

And her next guest will be... Donny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 19, 2012 7:18 PM

For the celebrity type, the Mormon church just wants it's cut to add to their massive financial holdings. TAX THE FUCKERS

by Anonymousreply 46November 19, 2012 7:20 PM

I find it annoying that the Osmonds are still discussed at all, they were a joke in 70s and should be long forgotten now. But DL does like to obsess about its *white* has-been singers.

Marie endorsed Romney in '08 and undoubtedly supported him this year too, fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 47November 19, 2012 7:26 PM

Donny makes me hard.

by Anonymousreply 48November 19, 2012 8:03 PM

Love Donny. Marie's a pathological narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 49November 19, 2012 8:18 PM

Andy Gibb loved Marie because she sounded like a bee gee when she climaxed.

by Anonymousreply 50November 19, 2012 8:25 PM

Many LDS member are "jack Mormons," in that they only follow some of the beliefs and practices. For example, does converted Mormon Sen Harry Reid wear magic underwear and abstain from all caffeine? I'm sure he supports gay marriage and women's equality, as part of his liberal platform.

by Anonymousreply 51November 19, 2012 8:39 PM

The Osmonds should be in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.

by Anonymousreply 52November 20, 2012 1:07 AM

I'm with R47, she was talking shit about Obama on a talk show once. She's dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 53November 20, 2012 1:13 AM

My pussy is always wet thinking about Donny

by Anonymousreply 54November 20, 2012 1:14 AM

She was on Larry King a couple of years ago strongly defending Mormonism, and insisting that everthing in Broadway's "Book of Mormon" is a lie. Of course nothing in the show is a lie. It's all in their church beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 55November 20, 2012 1:22 AM

Mormons really drink the Kool Aid.

by Anonymousreply 56November 20, 2012 5:07 AM

She's a little bit cunt-ry.

by Anonymousreply 57November 20, 2012 6:24 AM

There's not stopping, no stoppping, stop stopping my farts

Like a river it just keeps on smelling

Till it fills you up and that so telling

There's no stopping, no stopping, stop stopping my farts

by Anonymousreply 58November 20, 2012 6:56 AM

Will be seeing the Spectacular "Donny and Marie Christmas in Los Angeles" At the Pantages Theater where the show will take residence for 3 weeks!! HATERS Fuck yr own ass with a Stryker dildo I love all things MO The fake nutra system ads The scary dolls The Drag queen makeup All of it bitches Marie Osmond is a Goddess of the Golden Age of 70's Variety She has risen again to entertain the masses! Bout the only thing I don't love about her current incarnation... she still has that cunty brother with her. But that's another thread

by Anonymousreply 59November 20, 2012 8:14 AM

Ha! Good one R57.

by Anonymousreply 60November 20, 2012 8:35 AM

[quote] they were a joke in 70s

Their squeaky-clean image was a joke, but in retrospect there's no denying that they (especially Donny) were really talented. Compare Donny's mature, polished sound at age 16 to, say, Bieber.

by Anonymousreply 61November 20, 2012 12:12 PM

Marie went on record as saying she doesn't talk politics, which had to rankle her SLC brethren since she specifically said she would rather have food poisoning than endorse Obama or Romney. Considering how much she likes food, that's a statement.

by Anonymousreply 62November 20, 2012 2:47 PM

I've met Donny and Marie years ago. Nice. Marie was on my flight from Vegas last year. Still pretty.

by Anonymousreply 63November 20, 2012 5:17 PM

I still have nightmares from that doll dance she did on DWTS.

by Anonymousreply 64November 20, 2012 11:05 PM

R63, how sweet. Was this before or after your hip replacement?

Three months ago the OP of this thread stated that Marie Osmond was "awfully laid back for (a Mormon)."

Anyone who knows anything about this sad, crazy lunatic, with her substance addictions, depression, other psychological disorders and condition requiring 24-hour watching and care is stunned by any PR success that leaves even one old woman in Provo thinking that Marie is laid back. She is a huge, quivering mess who is considered by everyone close to her as a lost cause. Not that she's completely bad or mean - she's just a broken mess.

And Mormonism is at the root of it.

by Anonymousreply 65November 20, 2012 11:17 PM

I want Donny inside me.

by Anonymousreply 66November 21, 2012 4:20 AM

The Holiday event of the season Christmas in Los Angeles Bitches!! Dec 4-23 God I pray the scary dolls are for sale in the lobby!!

by Anonymousreply 67November 21, 2012 6:39 AM

The Gays came to worship opening night. So powerful!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 6, 2012 5:39 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69December 6, 2012 5:41 AM

Marie osmond singing The sound of music??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70December 6, 2012 8:39 AM

Oh Shit, R68 linked to an article I commented on today. Doh!

Two more days and I'll be watching Donny and Marie! Woohoo!

by Anonymousreply 71December 6, 2012 8:43 AM

The other half of the pair, Marie, is a versatile goddess. Few performers can transition from receiving a standing ovation for an operatic excerpt from “Madame Butterfly” into a medley of Kander and Ebb hits like “All That Jazz,” “Cabaret” and “The World Goes Round.” She rocks knee high boots and her magnetic smile and her powerful, dynamic voice serve as reminders that she certainly isn’t just the “Osmond little sister”—she’s the real deal.

by Anonymousreply 72December 6, 2012 7:32 PM

you WILL acknowledge me bitches keep the raves coming I deserve them!

PS My dolls are available in the lobby during intermission

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73December 7, 2012 4:10 PM

Ooooooooh, Their show tonight was amazing! So glad I went. Marie cracks me up. I don't remember much about their variety show, as I was still in diapers back when it was on.

Donny Osmond is still one foxy older gentleman. An amazing show by those two.

by Anonymousreply 74December 8, 2012 9:10 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 75December 12, 2012 2:05 AM

Still a Mormon, but now gets Victoria's Secret Magic Underwear.

by Anonymousreply 76December 12, 2012 3:18 AM

Oh wow Joey fat-one put on more weight.

by Anonymousreply 77December 12, 2012 3:29 AM

Can't wait seeing the show again Friday nite! Eat it haters

by Anonymousreply 78December 12, 2012 6:29 AM

r78, are those Goldstar tix?

by Anonymousreply 79December 12, 2012 11:10 PM

Speaking of Goldstar, I just checked my purchase history with them and discovered I've seen 213 shows with their tickets, since 2003. I wonder if I'm one of their best customers.

by Anonymousreply 80December 12, 2012 11:37 PM

GoldStar? Never !! GS won't let me pick my seats I need to be toward front of the stage For the magical when Goddess Marie saunters down into the audience

by Anonymousreply 81December 14, 2012 9:14 PM

Marie was equally admiring of Justin Bieber.

"My little girl, she just turned 10," Marie said, "and for her birthday all she wanted to do was go see him. I sat there at the show and thought, My gosh, this is what all those mothers went through for my brothers in the '70s."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82December 14, 2012 9:18 PM

She lost her virginity at 17. (I bet she's been with a number of guys.)

by Anonymousreply 83April 6, 2013 3:42 AM

only to the extent to get publicity; the church doesn't seem to reprimand her for the way she dresses, which the temple garments wouldn't allow her to wear; they are a guide for modesty' if you wear certain clothes they would show, so you are supposed to wear clothes that will not disclose the garments(certain length skirts, dresses, shorts and certain types of shirts etc.), but as we all have seen, Marie dresses like an old whore; far too much make-up and wigs and those tight dresses, sometimes showing cleavage and the church allows it because she buys herself into the temple membership; so yes, she is a "Mormon" to fit her purposes and she does not wear her temple garments always as we are told to wear.

by Anonymousreply 84October 22, 2013 1:51 AM

We, R84? Are you a Mormon?

by Anonymousreply 85October 22, 2013 1:56 AM

Some of these posts really had me laughing. Some of the things said about Marie are true but I still like her and Donny. I saw them in Vegas a couple of years ago and they really put on a good show. All talent, no special effects necessary to fill in for limited or no real talent. They may be from the 70's but they are truly talented. Not like todays "singers" who need to swing from the ceiling or appear from an explosion on stage to distract you and keep you entertained because they really cannot carry a live show on talent alone. Donny and Marie have been in this industry a long time. They know all that goes on in the entertainment industry. Donny does a special tribute to Michael Jackson which I thought was heartfelt and paying honor the the musical genius. Its nice that they still can put on a great performance and give their audience what they paid for.

by Anonymousreply 86October 22, 2013 2:32 AM

as far as leaving the Mormon Church is concerned all one has to do is ask to have the records removed from the churc does not take social status or money to do itl

by Anonymousreply 87January 6, 2014 7:49 PM

Marie belongs to a dark and bizarre doll-worshipping cult. They offer human blood sacrifices to Annabelle, the infamous possessed Raggedy Ann doll in the museum of the ghost hunters Ed and Lorraine Warren. (see link.) Every doll Marie sells on QVC is infiltrated with a demon seed waiting to get out and kill, kill, kill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 6, 2014 8:13 PM

Anyone see The Talk in the last few weeks? Marie has been filling in when 1 of the co-hosts is absent for a day.

Osmond is suddenly being quite pompous and having herself billed as simply "Marie". That's right-when they introduce her now on The Talk, they only call her "Marie", not "Marie Osmond". What has prompted Osmond to demand this? As if there is no other famous woman with the first name "Marie"?

by Anonymousreply 89March 17, 2014 10:23 PM

Marie Osmond was never a Morman, she was a DOORMAN.

That's how she became famous, the world's first female doorman.

by Anonymousreply 90January 24, 2017 9:30 AM

Marie was one of my idols when I was growing up in the 70's - I thought she was perfect, big teeth and all, she was beautiful, graceful, refined and always dressed well. She is or was a Republican, but she gets a pass from me because she was a big part of my childhood and I can't really hate her even though I saw her on a talk show once mildly criticizing President Obama - I don't remember exactly what she said but it wasn't anything complimentary. Anyhow, I still like her regardless. Can't say that about any other Republican celeb.

by Anonymousreply 91January 26, 2017 10:15 PM

I love her. She seems like a nice person and she's a good entertainer, any skit or interview I've ever seen her in she comes across good natured. I don't think she's far right. I hope she gets a regular spot on The Talk instead of just the semi regular fill-in gig.

by Anonymousreply 92January 26, 2017 10:29 PM

She still keeps buckets of lentils in her garage.

by Anonymousreply 93January 27, 2017 12:14 AM

Marie's daughter is an avid rug-muncher. Talk about karma!

by Anonymousreply 94January 27, 2017 12:41 AM

I love Marie!!

by Anonymousreply 95January 27, 2017 6:17 AM

Now she is leaving Las Vegas after 11 years with her brother, what is she gonna do?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96March 25, 2019 3:43 PM

She's a little bit country.

by Anonymousreply 97March 25, 2019 3:47 PM

hasn't' she been a little bit embalmed?

by Anonymousreply 98March 25, 2019 3:51 PM

They tried to launch her as a solo variety show in the 80's... and she started using (just) MARIE then. By the way, please tell ABC that nothing says hot and young like having Gavin MacLeod as the first guest.

She actually sounds pretty good here and that stage is enormous, which means they likely put some money into it. But if you look at her dress, you can see she was trying to be modest, as per the Mormoms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99March 25, 2019 6:34 PM

I can't stand any of them.

One of the Osmond brothers was judgmental towards Marie's gay son & there are no reports she ever stood up to her relatives on his behalf.

When he killed himself she would only say that he wasn't gay (a total cop out).

Donny came out against marriage equality & supported the amendment to the US Constitution that dumbass W supported back in 2004. Marie said nothing.

I can't believe anyone in our community would support them but I guess self esteem & putting our community ahead of bigots has always been to much to ask for from others.

Fuck them all.

by Anonymousreply 100March 25, 2019 7:06 PM

[quote]By the way, please tell ABC that nothing says hot and young like having Gavin MacLeod as the first guest.

You’re telling me.

by Anonymousreply 101March 25, 2019 8:08 PM

I wanna know if her remarriage to her first husband is working out

by Anonymousreply 102March 25, 2019 8:54 PM

How can she still be a Mormon? She has been divorced three times.

by Anonymousreply 103March 25, 2019 8:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!