Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Touched by a Carny

I want to hear more stories about people's experiences with carnies and the circus world in general. TIA.

by Anonymousreply 179March 22, 2024 2:52 PM

Thanks, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1July 15, 2011 6:38 PM

I love fair season. Those nasty, unwashed carnies love a good blow job.

by Anonymousreply 2July 15, 2011 6:40 PM

My sister dated a carny for a few weeks. He was a trash, greasy, sleazy conman who dealt drugs on the side.

And back in high school, I worked a part time job with a woman who was a circus clown during summer months. For someone working in such a fun-oriented job, she was extremely serious during off hours. Also, I learned that clowns really love to party and use copious amounts of illicit substances.

by Anonymousreply 3July 15, 2011 6:52 PM

About 20 years ago there was a very nice gloryhole at our local fairgrounds. I liked to wander over the day before the fair officially opened, when the carnies were setting up the rides and booths. I would sit at the gloryhole for two or three hours. It was as if the guys were standing in line waiting to be serviced. They didn't even bother pretending to use the bathroom. The walked into the stall, dropped their pants, and shook their cocks at the hole. I signaled for them to put their cocks through and then I'd gobbled them down. I loved sucking their cocks and swallowing their hot loads. Alas, they remodeled the restrooms and put up those damned metal partitions. They also put up those awful "cruise controls" between urinals. I hate those things.

by Anonymousreply 4July 15, 2011 7:03 PM

What are "cruise controls between urinals"?

by Anonymousreply 5July 15, 2011 7:25 PM

Reeve?

by Anonymousreply 6July 15, 2011 7:32 PM

I knew a girl in high school who used to bring home carnies to piss off her mother. When her parents would have people over for dinner, she'd march in the front door with a greasy, tattooed carny in tow. She'd take him upstairs, lock the door and wait for her mother to explode. She was just a wee bit of an attention whore, you see

by Anonymousreply 7July 15, 2011 7:59 PM

Here, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 15, 2011 8:03 PM

I married one.

by Anonymousreply 9July 15, 2011 8:15 PM

I decided to take a year off between high school and college to "find myself." Of course, I needed to find a full time job, according to my mother.

So, I found an ad in the paper for summer workers, traveling around the East Coast running games for a pretty well-known carnival company.

The interview was in a room at the Holiday Inn in my hometown. I knocked on the door, and a guy in a suit answered. There was another guy shirtless in the bathroom brushing his teeth. The guy in the suit told me to sit down and fill out an application. He started cleaning off the table that was covered with old styrofoam take out containers and full ashtrays. And then he said, "Well, if you can't read or write, I can just ask you the questions....get comfortable. You seem like a cool guy"

Creeped me out, so I left.

Started filling out college applications the next day.

by Anonymousreply 10July 15, 2011 8:16 PM

I was touched by a carny when I was about 13. He was working on some "house of mirrors" thing, and as I came up to him, he asked, "Do you fuck girls yet?" "No" I replied. "What about boys?" "Boys, well, maybe...NO!"

Then he put his hand on my butt, and said, "I get it. The boys are gonna fuck you." Then I ran away, strangely turned on.

Turns out, he was right.

by Anonymousreply 11July 15, 2011 8:49 PM

Damn this takes me way back. The carnies working for the county fair would come to one of the gay clubs. Man, did I have some fun in those trailers back at the fair grounds. But I'd always lock my wallet in my car.

by Anonymousreply 12July 16, 2011 12:23 AM

I was touched by this carny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 16, 2011 12:25 AM

He didn't touch me. I touched him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 16, 2011 12:35 AM

Hmmm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 16, 2011 12:38 AM

And hmmmm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 16, 2011 12:39 AM

I'll tell ya, this thread has me moist as a snack cake down there!

by Anonymousreply 17July 16, 2011 1:11 AM

by Anonymousreply 18July 16, 2011 7:57 AM

I had to shovel elephant shit into my mother's trunk each season they visited town, OP. She was an 'organic' gardener and the carny people thought it was funny.

by Anonymousreply 19July 16, 2011 8:21 AM

Circus music is so sexy.

Duhn da dunna dunna duhn duhn duhn....

by Anonymousreply 20July 16, 2011 8:22 AM

I hooked up with Schlitze

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 16, 2011 5:49 PM

He's wearing a caftan!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 22July 16, 2011 6:26 PM

Something wicked this way comes

by Anonymousreply 23July 16, 2011 7:06 PM

As a child I was waiting at the cotton candy stand. The woman making the candy was circling her hand around and around to scoop up the cotton candy. Then she pulls her hand out, wipes her running nose, and then put her hand back, circling it around to catch the cotton candy.

Needless to say, I bypassed the cotton candy (and other goodies)

by Anonymousreply 24July 16, 2011 7:08 PM

We need more Carny stories.

by Anonymousreply 25July 18, 2011 4:38 PM

CARNY bump

by Anonymousreply 26July 18, 2011 6:16 PM

When I was in high school I used to work at an amusement park. I did almost any job imaginable there %E2%80%93 worked the entrance, worked the rides, sold food and drinks and even worked in a giant dolphin costume. That was the lowest point, by far. I was sweating buckets in that thing and was beaten up by kids and chased away by parents because their babies would got scared and start to cry.%0D %0D I did love the mornings, before people arrived. I loved to walk around and listen to the old rides cracking and huffing as they woke up. It felt pretty good when the day was done, as well. It was amazing how silent it all of sudden became once people left and the machines stopped.

by Anonymousreply 27July 18, 2011 6:38 PM

I don't have any titillating or tawdry carny stories to tell, but there were dozens of carnivals ever summertime across the city when I was growing up. Most were sponsored by local catholic schools/churches. An odd memory I recall was that when I got older, the games of chance prize offerings were no longer limited to just cheaply made stuffed animals and other cutesy, and goofy novelties. Believe it or not, you could have won a roach clip with colorful ostrich and peacock feathers tethered to a suede strap, or if not that, there was a wide array of silk screened mirror tiles of mainly rock band logos that were framed in cardboard (read: coke mirrors) either large (12"X 12") or small (5"X 5"). I guess you can attribute that scenario to a combination of things, i.e. cool carny freaks in charge of prize procuring, the naive cluelessness or tolerance on the part of the local diocese, and the war on drugs hadn't kicked in yet.

by Anonymousreply 28July 19, 2011 2:45 AM

kick

by Anonymousreply 29July 20, 2011 10:19 AM

I crossed this off my bucket list a few years ago. He had some great stories, unfortunately I can't remember any of them.

by Anonymousreply 30July 20, 2011 12:16 PM

I'll have to check out the carnys the next time there's a carnival in town.

by Anonymousreply 31July 28, 2011 3:59 PM

more hot carnie stories please!

by Anonymousreply 32August 6, 2011 11:17 PM

I friend of mine sort of ran away from home at 37 and worked for Big Apple in some sort of food service as they toured. But really he became the circus bootlegger/drug dealer. Apparently, they often stop rather far outside of towns and in too many dry counties to count and everyone has substance abuse problems and circus people resent being called "carnies" because the circus is somehow better than a carnival.

by Anonymousreply 33August 6, 2011 11:22 PM

I've dated two carnies in my life, and had crushes on four in total, probably more but I'm just guessing.

I'm still close friends with the first carny I was with, love him to pieces. People think carnies are all bad, but they really are not. The friends I made hanging around carnivals were the friends that stayed.

Plan on working at the carnival this summer. Heh... No one will read this, seeing as no one has posted anything for a while, but yep. I love carnies :D

by Anonymousreply 34May 17, 2012 10:35 AM

There was a traveling carnival that stopped in my town a few years ago. One warm Sunday I decided to go by myself, as my partner was in Phoenix with his parents. I was a little tipsy from the three bottles of wine I had drank and I needed to use a restroom. I walked up to one of the big strapping carnival workers and asked him if he knew where a bathroom was...he motioned for me to follow him into a tent.

It was a decision that would change my life....because he...he...he RAPED me.

by Anonymousreply 35May 18, 2012 1:40 AM

[R35]-Did you report it or tell anyone?

by Anonymousreply 36August 8, 2012 12:04 PM

R36, r35 is the rape troll.

by Anonymousreply 37August 8, 2012 12:17 PM

[quote]I was a little tipsy from the three bottles of wine I had drank

OH MY and OH MY!!

by Anonymousreply 38August 8, 2012 12:21 PM

I partied with a hot ex-carny once. One more thing off my bucket list.

by Anonymousreply 39August 8, 2012 12:52 PM

I can honestly say, there is nothing better than being touched by a carny.

by Anonymousreply 40August 8, 2012 5:59 PM

Do they old time carnies rip off the grennies too?

by Anonymousreply 41August 8, 2012 10:01 PM

love trashy carnies...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 27, 2012 10:05 AM

Was it Carny Wilson? Are you sure, it could've been Rikki Lake, they look just alike.

by Anonymousreply 43December 27, 2012 10:09 AM

You're my wife now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 27, 2012 10:24 AM

Della Reese was touched by a carny?

by Anonymousreply 45December 27, 2012 10:29 AM

When I was 16 I ran away from my abusive/drunk mother. Went to a carnival with my best friend and had fun. Went to play a game and I couldn't help but notice the attractive, 50 something year old, trashy, gravely voiced carny working the game. I wound up telling him my life's story. The carnival came back to town this year. I went to go see him today actually. He remembered me and called me "The Runaway" which I thought suited me. He has my phone number now. He was supposed to call me or text me around when he got off which was ten...its 1 now. That cheeky bastard!

by Anonymousreply 46May 5, 2013 5:47 AM

If I dressed up as a clown for a living r3 I'd take illicit substances too.

by Anonymousreply 47May 5, 2013 5:58 AM

When I was 14, over 45 years ago, my best girlfriend and I went to a small town low rent carnival and were standing at a game booth deciding whether to play when the dirty, ratty looking carnie who operated the booth said a few words then pointedly looked at our crotches and licked his lips.

We were so naïve it was almost thrilling in an appalling, creepy, and disgusting way. We backed away and left.

by Anonymousreply 48May 5, 2013 6:10 AM

I worked at Disneyworld in Orlando for two summers until one day I had to blow Goofy in Magic Mountain.

by Anonymousreply 49May 5, 2013 6:17 AM

From the PETA link at R8:

"Bears, elephants, tigers, and other animals do not voluntarily ride bicycles, stand on their heads, balance on balls, or jump through rings of fire. They don't perform these and other difficult tricks because they want to; they perform them because they're afraid of what will happen if they don't."

Like me and my job.

by Anonymousreply 50May 5, 2013 6:48 AM

Mmmm. The r42 pic makes me want to try out a carny

by Anonymousreply 51May 5, 2013 7:29 AM

In western FL there are about 3 towns where all carnies spend the winter.

by Anonymousreply 52May 5, 2013 7:39 AM

more carnie love

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 5, 2013 9:49 AM

My mother always told me, "If you're not careful you'll end up with that guy who takes down the Tilt-A-Whirl."

by Anonymousreply 54May 5, 2013 1:55 PM

Do carnies all smell like cabbage or just the midget carnies?

by Anonymousreply 55May 5, 2013 1:58 PM

The annual carnival just left my little town, and 80% of the carnies were fat.

I honestly don't understand how anyone could find them sexy!

by Anonymousreply 56May 5, 2013 3:32 PM

The ex-British Prime Minister, John Major, ran away from the circus to become an accountant.

by Anonymousreply 57May 5, 2013 4:08 PM

"In western FL there are about 3 towns where all carnies spend the winter."

Where is that R52?

by Anonymousreply 58May 5, 2013 4:20 PM

Gibsonton

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 5, 2013 6:09 PM

i drove by the local mall and saw a carnival in the parking lot. stopped by (9 pm) and it was brightly lit but sparsely attended. Stopped by again Saturday at 1 pm and it was crazy packed .lots of hot boys out in tank tops and shorts. the carny folks tended to be young hispanic looking guys or white people that probably lived in a trailer. fun atmosphere tho, even if the fried dough sucked.

by Anonymousreply 60May 5, 2013 8:06 PM

I went out with lobster-boy but broke up with him. He kept trying to dunk his claws into bowls of melted butter.

by Anonymousreply 61May 6, 2013 4:19 AM

At first glance I thought this thread said Touched By A Camry.

by Anonymousreply 62May 7, 2013 4:27 AM

[quote]At first glance I thought this thread said Touched By A Camry.

Or touched by me...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 22, 2013 11:00 AM

This thread is gross. Get some self-respect ladies!

by Anonymousreply 64May 22, 2013 12:15 PM

Nightmare Alley, the book and the film, are both long-time favourites.

by Anonymousreply 65May 22, 2013 12:49 PM

r65, the book Nightmare Alley is fucking great. I loved that. The movie I found so-so, but the book was a really great read.

by Anonymousreply 66May 22, 2013 4:11 PM

My best friens ans i hooked up with a carnies from South Africa (most of them were from there) it must have been the hormones and their accents. It was so much fun. Their life style is nothing but partying. He wasn't very good in bed but he was a gentleman. He actually seemed to care. Later on after extensive Facebook stalking I found out he had a loving fiancé and son back home so I felt really bad. He told me that he was single. My friend hooked up with 3. One of them was apearanrly the best sex of her life. They were all so crazy. We took them all over and tried our best to show them america the way we see it. They went mud boggin with us, shopping, partied, a lot, shopping and even got a hotel room! We both got proposed to for green cards. Lol the sad part is we considered it Oh well it was fun for the 2 weeks they were here

by Anonymousreply 67August 22, 2013 3:02 AM

Some strange stories here.

by Anonymousreply 68August 22, 2013 9:21 PM

[quote]I went out with lobster-boy but broke up with him.

You keep your goddamned claws off him--he's mine!

by Anonymousreply 69August 22, 2013 9:40 PM

Mmmmmmmm, Carnies!!! I'm fairly certain I can blame my pregnancy on a carny!

by Anonymousreply 70August 22, 2013 9:45 PM

R70 Why? Are carnies known for having no sense of smell?

by Anonymousreply 71August 22, 2013 9:56 PM

Lol wtf what a thread to bump.

by Anonymousreply 72August 22, 2013 10:45 PM

The trash thread made me think of this thread and what a beautiful thing it is.

by Anonymousreply 73February 10, 2014 5:16 AM

I don't think many people would vote this as a DL thread to remember.

by Anonymousreply 74February 12, 2014 9:52 PM

I picked up a carny at the VFW fair. He was Chris from Indiana, 24, dark brown hair, scruff, brown eyes about 5'9", 6.75 cut. He said he had never been with a man. I sucked him off and made him come twice. The 1st load took 2 minutes the 2nd load took 17 minutes (I filmed the whole thing) we were both sweaty by the end and he was shaking. As he was pulling up his pants he said "I understand now why some guys are gay." We were supposed to hook up again before the fair moved on but when I went to pick him up he wasn't where he said he would be. At least I have the video.

by Anonymousreply 75February 12, 2014 10:46 PM

Everything about thread is magnificent.

by Anonymousreply 76February 12, 2014 11:34 PM

Carnivale always made the circus look so sexy.

by Anonymousreply 77February 14, 2014 4:52 AM

Not many carny opportunities in this weather.

by Anonymousreply 78February 14, 2014 6:20 PM

[quote] Not many carny opportunities in this weather.

Speak for yourself! Plenty of carnal carny action to be had in Southern California and Florida.

by Anonymousreply 79February 14, 2014 6:27 PM

At age 16 I ran away from home and traveled all over the country,(never had a problem and never had anyone try to exploit me,of course this was the 70s).Long story short,I was in Olympia Washington and there was a carnival setting up,and the girl who ran the corn dog stand(her name was Becky) loved me to death so she would pay me to watch her kids while her and her old man worked.She,her husband,2 kids and their room mate lived in a TINY travel trailer but offered me a place to crash wich I gratefully accepted.The roommie was named Fred,mid 20s with dark hair and a fu manchu and I was mad for him from the git go! There was a park with showers next to the carnival,so Fred asked me if I wanted to get cleaned up after the carnival shut down for the night,and I rapidly agreed! We got in there and were the only ones,and it wasnt very long before we were getting it on like bandits!That started an INTENSE 2 week love affair,everyone knew it and no one judged us.hell,we used to lay on the floor in that tiny trailer and fuck all night!After the kids were asleep,of course.When it was time to move on they were heading back to florida(my home state) and I was petrified to go back there as I was a runaway, so we parted ways.Fred BEGGED me to go with them,and to this day one of my biggest life regrets is that I didnt. That being said,there were some hot numbers but the majority were drug addicted and had hideous hygene,and most were running from the law. I hadnt thought about all this in years,thanks for the thread!

by Anonymousreply 80February 14, 2014 6:58 PM

Once a carnie, always a carnie. Mom still cries every time she sees a tilt-a-whirl or a fat lady in a tube top.

by Anonymousreply 81February 14, 2014 7:14 PM

Are there still carnies anymore,those traveling carnivals don't seem to be around much these days.

by Anonymousreply 82February 15, 2014 6:14 PM

Carnies are still around. Not all of them are trashy. I knew a guy in college who worked as a carny for two summers.

by Anonymousreply 83February 15, 2014 6:27 PM

R81 YESSSS!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 84February 16, 2014 12:36 AM

I met a carny once. I smelled the whiskey on his breath. Then he took me. He took me, with the stink of filthy roadhouse whiskey on his breath, and I liked it. I liked it! With all that dirty touching of his hands all over me.

by Anonymousreply 85February 16, 2014 12:49 AM

Where did you do it, R85? In his trailer or behind the Ferris wheel?

by Anonymousreply 86February 16, 2014 12:50 AM

Bump for carnival season.

by Anonymousreply 87June 22, 2014 12:34 PM

More!

by Anonymousreply 88June 22, 2014 9:13 PM

my wife and i worked as carnies for a while until she fucked a carnie named sonny and another named maui and maybe others ill always hate these men they only acted like they were my friends just to get to my wife we are no longer together because of this i hate you both and hope i run into you both someday and danny if you see this hi from miller

by Anonymousreply 89September 7, 2014 7:37 AM

I wish I could find a hot, dirty carny with a huge cock to plow me tonight

by Anonymousreply 90September 7, 2014 7:46 AM

There was sexy, built guy with clown makeup on. He was in that tank where you would throw a ball, hit the target, and he would get dunked into a big tank of water.

His timbre of his voice was mesmerizing.

"High and dry", he'd tease time and time again. "High and dry."

I had smoked some dy-no-mite pot before I went to the festival (which was the Jamabalaya Festival outside of New Orleans). The pot was so good---I thought he was speaking to me. Teasing me. Wanting me.

I couldn't leave that amusement. I just watched him and watched him--his muscles and teasing, demanding voice.

When he took a break, I went over and told him how much fun it was to watch and to listen to him and would he like to smoke some pot that was fucking guaranteed to blow his mind before he went back to his hot seat.

We went back to his trailer that he shared and got totally fucked up. He figured I was gay and began rubbing his hairy leg against mine and laughing. I hit the floor and buried my face in his crotch and he pulled his pants down for me to suck him.

So sexy. So young and muscular---and his voice haunts me to this day.

"High and dry!"

by Anonymousreply 91September 7, 2014 7:55 AM

It's always a surprise when one of these ancient threads turn up again.

by Anonymousreply 92September 7, 2014 5:23 PM

my wife and i worked as carnies for 7 years and every night i went to sleep the other carnies would fuck my wife she gave hand jobs back rubs and sex i pitty the asses if i see them again i got something for them its not sex i hate carnies with a passion and i hate my wife it does take two but they said they were my friends yah right carnies suck and maui and sonny im looking for your punks

by Anonymousreply 93February 19, 2015 4:29 AM

i remember a carny story, my friend was like the deal, everyone liked him, from a good family, made good grades while i was the one who was the secret slacker friend. we live in a town where is pretty boring. well when the carny came to town, they were to put on a show at the local theatre that has been closed. we snuck out to go. as my friend gave money to buy ticket this little creature bit him. once we got the tiket we gave them to mr tall. and we met evert the snake boi, the bearded lady, buckteeth betty, the man with two bellys and the magician whohad this spider with him.my friend loves spiders and i love vampires . irecognized the magacian

by Anonymousreply 94February 19, 2015 4:45 AM

R89 r93 are you a Dl regular? More details please.

by Anonymousreply 95February 19, 2015 5:19 AM

Is fucking a carny any better than fucking a hobo?

by Anonymousreply 96February 19, 2015 5:21 AM

Why not do both, r96?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97February 19, 2015 5:47 AM

One of my mother's best friends from her school years came from a famous circus family. Her father was a very famous lion tamer and her mother owned a troop of elephants. Her parents divorced when she was very young and she lived with her grandmother in my mom's hometown when school was in session.

Her life has been fascinating. She worked as a circus performer and stunt woman in movies and at Disneyland, and later married a circus owner (she lost her mom's elephants in the eventual divorce). Her elephants also appeared several times on Circus With the Stars back in the 80's. When I was a kid, we would get to go backstage - which was often as as hubby's circus was usually engaged by the local Shrine Circus and my mom would ride an elephant in the opening parade all dressed up in showgirl finery.

This woman now lives on the little Texas farm where her mother once kept the elephants in the off season, and her nephews still own a travelling one ring circus that tours county fairs in the summer. Needless to say, this woman has hours of amazing stories to tell.

by Anonymousreply 98February 19, 2015 6:37 AM

I feel bad that Carnie Wilson's name is "Carnie". Because you know, she's overweight. Sideshows and all that. It's cruel.

by Anonymousreply 99February 19, 2015 6:53 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 100March 10, 2015 6:37 AM

I haven't been touched by a carnie but I'm 14 and our carnival was in town last week and I never played the game but I have 7 carnival fish bc the guy kept hitting on me and offering me free fish.. My boyfriend was pissed. The carnie asked me to meet him by the river at midnight and told me he would give me all the fish I wanted but it seemed like a bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 101May 12, 2015 4:06 AM

Tilt-a-Whirl bump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102September 20, 2016 5:36 PM

I wouldn't let her fat ass nor Chyna either, near me.

by Anonymousreply 103August 14, 2017 8:31 AM

Who the FUCK is bumping these old threads?

by Anonymousreply 104August 14, 2017 7:18 PM

Good question, R104!

by Anonymousreply 105February 15, 2018 5:10 AM

It was a great thread and everything but I think DL said all it needed to say regarding carny love.

by Anonymousreply 106February 15, 2018 5:17 AM

Are you referring to the Jodie Foster movie that was much loved by the late, great Vincent Canby?

by Anonymousreply 107February 15, 2018 5:34 AM

Bump for carny love of yesteryears

by Anonymousreply 108May 19, 2018 9:41 AM

I was fascinated with the carnival that would come to our small town each year. I'd go down most days to walk around, go on some rides and buy snacks. The guy who worked the Tilt-A-Whirl was pretty hot, as far as I knew at the time and really friendly.

On the last day of the carnival they were closing it down and packing up the rides. That evening I went down to see how that all worked. The guy who ran the Tilt-A-Whirl was standing there in the blinking lights and lots of noise around. He was talking about carny life to me and then pulled down his zipper and whipped out the biggest cock I'd ever seen. He wasn't embarrassed at all as he was a carny.

He was talking to me nonstop as he pissed out and then milked it so I could get a good look.

by Anonymousreply 109May 19, 2018 2:04 PM

I was aked out by a carny but I declined. I wish I had gone on that date though at the very least it would have been interesting.

by Anonymousreply 110May 20, 2018 1:08 AM

I had an opportunity to get touched by a carny but I chickened out. I will always regret it.

by Anonymousreply 111September 26, 2018 12:57 AM

I hate this thread.

by Anonymousreply 112September 26, 2018 1:07 AM

Based on a true story

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113December 31, 2020 2:35 AM

These never happened. But a lazy troll thread did.

by Anonymousreply 114December 31, 2020 3:00 AM

Say what you will, carnies have Personality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115December 31, 2020 3:01 AM

His name was Gerald, he was stunning, with the most incredible green eyes I’ve ever seen. 46 years later I deeply regret that it never quite happened despite both of us wanting it to happen and keep happening.

by Anonymousreply 116December 31, 2020 3:06 AM

I’m sorry nobody has ever touched you r114

by Anonymousreply 117December 31, 2020 3:15 AM

A few of the replies to this thread are absolutely outstanding.

DLers with an interest in carnies might enjoy this program that interviewed them, but you’ll have to be in Australia or have a VPN to watch it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118December 31, 2020 3:50 AM

He was tender and hung like a stallion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119December 31, 2020 3:54 AM

I don't know about "touched by a carny", but if you are into carnivals and

carnies, then you have to watch Carnivale, on HBO, which is a 2 season

TV series about a carnival traveling the "dust bowl" in the mid 1930's.

The show cost 5 million per episode to produce and is super high

quality, and HBO cancelled the program because of the high cost.

I just got done watching both seasons, and Ben is my favorite carny

on the show. I am going to re-watch all of both seasons as the

story line is complex.

by Anonymousreply 120December 31, 2020 4:19 AM

I agree r120 it’s the greatest show

by Anonymousreply 121December 31, 2020 4:46 AM

Ugh. No carnies during the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 122December 31, 2020 4:59 AM

All gays were carny adjacent up until a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 123December 31, 2020 5:16 AM

This is kind of long but not made up!

I was in 8th or 9th grade, so 13 or 14, in the late 70s, and the annual carnival came to town for 5 days. It was just rides, games and food in a mall parking lot a block from my house, so I was there every day. On the next to last day one of the ride ops asked if I wanted to make some money, and he said he'd pay me $25 to clean up all of the trash on the ground. That was a lot of money for a kid back then, so I said sure! I came back later that night when he told me to, and I followed him to his tent and he gave me some gloves and things to pick up the trash.

About an hour later I was finished, and I followed him back to his tent again, only this time we went inside. I put my gloves and things where he told me to and he paid me. Then he asked if I wanted to come back tomorrow and do it again. $50 in one weekend!! I was so excited!

Then he asked if I wanted a joint and did I get high. I had only done it twice at that point, but I knew what it was like, so I said yes. So we got high, and after asking me a bunch of questions - you got a gf (no),, have you had sex yet (no), ever jacked off with any of your friends (yes), ever jacked off with anyone older (no), how often do you jack off (everyday), he asked if I wanted to jack off with him. I didn't say anything, so he said it's okay, then asked me again. I still didn't say anything, then he rubbed my crotch. I got instantly hard, and he said "you must want to." Then he unzipped my pants and felt my cock, and I came in about ten seconds. Then he put his finger in his mouth and went "mmm." To this day it was one of the hottest experiences of my life. I got up enough nerve to feel the outside of his crotch, then we kissed for a long time while I reached inside and felt his cock. I started to undo his jeans, but he pulled away and said we'd better stop. Then he said come back tomorrow and we'll do it again.

He was somewhere around 30 and not good looking in a classic way, but there was something about his manner that put me at ease, and I thought he was VERY sexy.

I went home and jacked off twice that night thinking about it (and again every day for months after they were long gone).

I went back the next day and he was totally cool, he smiled and winked at me and told me to come get him when I was finished. I did, and we went back to his tent, he paid me and rubbed my crotch again and we started kissing.. We didn't get high. This time we both sucked each other off, him first and then me. Again it took me about 30 seconds, and it didn't take him much longer. He had a nice cock, normal sized and very red and throbbing, which really turned me on! And it was thrilling to be with an older man. Until then I had only fooled around with guys my own age. So I loved being with someone who had a beard and a man's body. We only spent about 5 min in there because he told the guy who covered for him that he'd be right back, but it was 5 of the most thrilling minutes of my life.

I didn't even think about the fact that I was a minor, and I still don't. All I think about is how exciting it was. I was hoping he would come back the next year, but they didn't come back at all, that was the last year we had that little carnival at the mall.

by Anonymousreply 124December 31, 2020 7:31 AM

Yes to Reeve, no to Wilson.

by Anonymousreply 125December 31, 2020 8:14 AM

Gay Joyce Carol Oates at R124.

by Anonymousreply 126December 31, 2020 1:36 PM

Sounds exciting r124

by Anonymousreply 127January 4, 2021 4:22 AM

Are carnies still a thing?

by Anonymousreply 128January 11, 2021 3:08 AM

I could be touched by a carny. Great body beautiful cock but the face tells me he might be special? would not be my worst Sunday night. What say you?

by Anonymousreply 129June 14, 2021 4:02 AM

Where did you guys meet r129?

by Anonymousreply 130June 14, 2021 4:07 AM

[reply 130] Just met him on an " Iowa Dating" facebook page. he posted he has a "garage and a couch to fuck on." A man of romance for certain!

by Anonymousreply 131June 14, 2021 4:13 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 132June 20, 2021 6:35 AM

"Incredibly Strange Creatures..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133June 20, 2021 7:53 AM

Quite the fetish, Op!

by Anonymousreply 134June 20, 2021 8:47 AM

[quote]He wasn't embarrassed at all as he was a carny.

Carnies gonna carny.

by Anonymousreply 135June 20, 2021 11:03 AM

As a geeky girl in the 80s loved this very special and touching Growing Pains episode …Carol got a touching and sweet confidence boost from a carny!

by Anonymousreply 136June 20, 2021 11:59 AM

OP also lusts after homeless guys. Face it, hun, your a full-blown hobosexual.

by Anonymousreply 137June 20, 2021 5:37 PM

This thread smells like stale tobacco and unwashed work shirts. Kind of nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 138March 29, 2022 6:18 AM

Has anyone checked out the scene in Gibsonton? Is it still the carny capital?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139March 29, 2022 7:13 AM

[quote] "Believe it or not, you could have won a roach clip with colorful ostrich and peacock feathers tethered to a suede strap, or if not that, there was a wide array of silk screened mirror tiles of mainly rock band logos that were framed in cardboard (read: coke mirrors) either large (12"X 12") or small (5"X 5")."

I never worked at a carnival (nor did I have any carny encounters), but I remember these, R28! My sister & her friends used the decorated roach clips as hair or bag accessories, and many folks also chose those mirrors as prizes. They were typically emblazoned with beer brand logos, band names/logos, The Playboy Bunny, etc, and hung in the bedrooms of the teens who won them.

Wow, that brings back memories.

by Anonymousreply 140March 29, 2022 7:41 AM

"Dressed like a priest you wuz/Todd Browning's Freaks you wuz/Crawling down the alley on your ha-hand and knee..."

by Anonymousreply 141March 29, 2022 7:55 AM

I’ve never met a carnie. I’m intrigued. Are they tweakers?

by Anonymousreply 142March 29, 2022 8:17 AM

Wow, happy to see this thread is still active after all these years.

Does anyone have any book recommendations about carnies or circus life? I liked Geek Love.

by Anonymousreply 143April 2, 2022 3:12 PM

Nightmare Alley

by Anonymousreply 144April 2, 2022 3:16 PM

r144 I am trying to find a copy of the novel

by Anonymousreply 145April 2, 2022 3:21 PM

Summer's a comin'!

by Anonymousreply 146April 2, 2022 3:49 PM

Is the new Nightmare Alley film any good?

by Anonymousreply 147April 2, 2022 4:03 PM

He wasn't all that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148April 2, 2022 4:09 PM

I thought for a second the title of the this thread was Touched By A CAMRY

by Anonymousreply 149April 2, 2022 4:16 PM

Porner Woody Fox appears to be a circus aerialist and it looks like he has porny friends who work or worked for Cirque du Soleil.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150April 2, 2022 4:41 PM

When I was in college, I waited on tables during the summer when I was back home. There was a fellow waiter who worked at the restaurant year round. He was gay and in his late 30s. We'd often all go out drinking at the end of a dinner shift. It was a great group of people and most were career waiters and waitresses with a couple like me who were in college and would fill in during the busier summer months. My waiter friend used to tell the best stories of his teenage years and all the hooking up he did. I was the exact opposite and didn't do anything until I got in college.

One of my favorite stories was he hooked up with a carny at our state fair which was held every year in our city. He said he was 15 at the time, which would have been early 1970s. He claimed the carny was really good looking. He said the carny was blond with his hairline starting to recede, in his late 30s, about 6'2, and he had a very hairy chest that he would show off by unbuttoning his shirts to his navel. My friend said the carny reminded him of Corbin Bernsen from L.A. Law. The carny was manning some game and my friend kept playing it and flirting with the guy. As it got late and the crowd thinned out, he asked my friend if he wanted to come back to his motel on the outskirts of town. My friend called his mom and lied that he was going to stay over at a friend's house. Nobody checked up on you back then.

He said it was one of the best fucks he ever had in his life. He said the carny was about 8 inches, a top, and he knew what he was doing. He fucked my friend three times that night and once again in the morning. He said this same carny came back the next couple years and they hooked up again both times, but then he didn't see him again. We all were skeptical of a handsome carny. The carnies I saw at the fair when I was growing up were greasy, sleezy looking and acting guys, none of whom were even remotely good looking.

Between my junior and senior year in college, I decided to take a year off. For the first time in about 3 years, I was home for the state fair. I stayed at the restaurant and worked there during my year off. Well, my friend tells me the carny is back and I should go check him out. He was working a certain game according to my friend. One night, I and a couple of the waitresses decided to go see this carny. When we got to the game the carny was manning, we were shocked. He was close to 20 years older, so late 50s, but there stood this still handsome guy. His hairline had receded, but he was still wearing his shirt open and the mass of chest hair was exposed. He had a mustache and did indeed remind me of Corben Bernsen.

We played the game a few times and he hit on me. I knew he liked them younger. I was 21 but in true DL fashion, I looked 16. I got carded everywhere I went at that time. I was even thrown out of one bar because the owner thought my license was fake. I declined to go with this guy. I was never much for casual sex, plus it was the height of the AIDS era. I was very careful during that time and hardly got laid at all. I did jerk off to thoughts of the carny fucking me many, many times. And to this day he was the only handsome carny I ever saw.

by Anonymousreply 151April 2, 2022 4:44 PM

Great story, r151!!

by Anonymousreply 152April 2, 2022 4:51 PM

Sarasota is teeming with the carny-adjacent!

by Anonymousreply 153April 2, 2022 5:26 PM

[quote]I knew a girl in high school who used to bring home carnies to piss off her mother.

And then she died.

by Anonymousreply 154April 2, 2022 7:38 PM

From the rumors, Woody Fox certainly fits the sleazy carny mold.

by Anonymousreply 155April 2, 2022 7:42 PM

I guess I was about 10 or 12 at a local fair and there was this older kid about 20 working one of the rides. His image is forever seared into my memory as I realized my truth (God that sounds dramatic as hell!). Anyway, he had a full head of shaggy blonde hair, a small upturned nose, and large eyes. The short-sleeved shirt he was wearing was unbuttoned and as the ride (a Tilt a Whirl or something) spun by it would blow his shirt back (I guess he was keeping cool). I can distinctly remember his wide, well-formed chest and large areola nipples.

All these years later I can still see him in my mind. Fuck, I might as well go die in Venice or something.

by Anonymousreply 156April 3, 2022 1:12 AM

R145 That novel has been republished and is available all over the place, including your local library

by Anonymousreply 157April 3, 2022 4:56 AM

Ugh what’s the obsession with this trash? Is most of DL from Fly-Over-Stan?

by Anonymousreply 158April 4, 2022 4:40 AM

Personal hygiene is at the bottom of their list of priorities, if at all.

by Anonymousreply 159April 4, 2022 4:50 AM

I don't think there's any difference between a tweaker and a carny. You guys are grasping at straws.

by Anonymousreply 160April 4, 2022 4:53 AM

“You guys are grasping at straws”

I don’t think that’s how that expression is used.

by Anonymousreply 161April 4, 2022 4:56 AM

I was touched by a carney and j gleason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162April 4, 2022 5:24 AM

R161 you think wrong bitch.

by Anonymousreply 163April 4, 2022 5:25 AM

To be grasping at straws means to be willing to do, say, or believe anything that offers even the slightest hope in a desperate situation, even though there is almost no chance for success.

by Anonymousreply 164April 4, 2022 5:30 AM

Speaking of Jodie Foster and carnies, will Jodie ever get Flora Plum off the ground? She has had it in development since the late 1980s. At the time, Claire Danes, Russell Crowe and Meryl (as the bearded lady!) were in talks to star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165April 4, 2022 3:49 PM

^late 1990s

by Anonymousreply 166April 4, 2022 5:49 PM

Worked as a manager in a run down old hotel and had several fair workers staying there one time. The fair in Jax Fl is a huge deal every year. Anyway,most of them paid their rent but this one room kept dodging me . I usually got to work at 9 but one morning I went in at 730 specifically so I could catch those guys. I go up,knock on their door and one guy opens it. I tell him who I am and why Im there,and he says I have to talk to his roomie as he handled the money. I told him that I would if I even knew who he was (I didnt check them in) and he steps back,opens the door and I see another guy laying on the bed covered in a thin sheet. That sheet was so thin you could see he was obviously naked,obviously hairy and obviously hung. The other dudes hurriedly makes an excuse and departs.Im standing there talking to this naked guy,and he gets a sly smile on his face,reaches down and starts caressing his (big!) dick and asks me if theres anything he can do in lieu of rent.

I had made it a point to never get involved with a tenant as they usually were the bottom of the barrel of society ,plus most werent particularly hot.Face wise this guy wasnt either,missing a few teeth,etc,but damn his body was nice and that cock (by this point fully erect) had to have been a good 7 inches of fat man meat so I thought to myself "oh what the hell" as the fair was leaving in a few days. I smile and tell him we could work something out,and he slowly slides the sheet down. That chest was heaven ! A mat of brown hair,as was his stomach and he had a huge bush to boot. I immediately get between his legs and start lustily sucking that dick.After a few minute he moans "Im getting close" and I pull off and said "oh no honey,you still have work to do" and jump off the bed,shuck my clothes and get back on the bed. We had no lube so I told him he'd have to use spit and go slow.

He works it in,and proceeds to give me one of the best fucks I ever had . His stamina was amazing,and when he shot I swear I could feel it inside. He was a moaner too,always a pleasure to hear. After he finishes,I lay there for a second,get up,go into the bathroom and clean up and tell him rent was paid but I sure wouldnt mind another round. he grins ,says "hell yeah" and I leave. The next day he and his roomie get arrested,I know not what for,and I never saw him again. Wich was a pity,because I had already planned on having his roomie join in !

by Anonymousreply 167April 4, 2022 7:00 PM

Nifty has entered the chat

by Anonymousreply 168April 4, 2022 7:03 PM

Nope R168 ,every word is true. Ambassador Hotel,Greater Jacksonville Agricultural fair,and his name was Dennis. SOME of us had sex ,a lot of it. Seems like many others never did,and they are jealous of those who did so the first thing they do when someone tells a story is accuse them of dishonesty. I dont hate though,I just feel sorry for those who looked out of the window staying out of the sun.

by Anonymousreply 169April 4, 2022 7:11 PM

Ewww you let a carny creampie you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170April 4, 2022 7:17 PM

My grandma loved using Cammay

by Anonymousreply 171April 4, 2022 7:19 PM

And there you have it ladies and gentlemen, after 166 posts, we have identified our first documented case of TOUCHED BY A CARNY!

by Anonymousreply 172April 4, 2022 7:20 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 173May 31, 2022 9:30 PM

Miraculously still open. To be touched again by a Carny!

by Anonymousreply 174March 22, 2024 1:37 PM

I'm dyslexic today

I read it as

Touched By A Camry 🚗🚓🚕

by Anonymousreply 175March 22, 2024 1:43 PM

😂 you may not survive being touched by a Camry or a carny

by Anonymousreply 176March 22, 2024 2:30 PM

I don’t know what I was thinking coming in here. This thread is too sordid for me.

by Anonymousreply 177March 22, 2024 2:30 PM

Baby Cried The Day The Circus Came To Town.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178March 22, 2024 2:48 PM

They're great in concert.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179March 22, 2024 2:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!