Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chris Colfer

Seriously, is (s)he a hermaphrodite? He cannot be a boy. Eunuch maybe. He needs those baby teeth capped too. I know I sound rude, but I honestly can't get over how un-masculine he sounds. It's quite off-putting.

by Anonymousreply 191January 23, 2020 11:42 PM

Op = self hate

by Anonymousreply 1May 12, 2011 1:24 AM

Dear OP, die in a fire. Thanks much!

by Anonymousreply 2May 12, 2011 1:28 AM

Or at least get your typing fingers burned off.

by Anonymousreply 3May 12, 2011 1:31 AM

Since the most rabid homophobes, I think it's safe to conclude that your rabid hatred of effeminate men means that you're one of the biggest swishes within a hundred miles.

by Anonymousreply 4May 12, 2011 1:32 AM

I actually like Chris Colfer, but I do wonder if his singing voice is electronically raised to the male soprano level. It does seem unnaturally high.

by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2011 1:34 AM

Oh please. I'm sure Chris is a lovely boy, but c'mon, he is beyond effeminate.

by Anonymousreply 6May 12, 2011 1:37 AM

OP Now proves that the self loathers have joined the racists and freepers as the dominant voices on DL.

by Anonymousreply 7May 12, 2011 1:38 AM

He's one of the non-threatening eunich gays who are gay in name only. These types of gays do not engage in sex with other men, nor do they have genitalia. Straight people feel comfortable with them.

by Anonymousreply 8May 12, 2011 1:38 AM

Yes OP, you're beyond self-hate.

by Anonymousreply 9May 12, 2011 1:41 AM

Actually, OP is just an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 10May 12, 2011 1:43 AM

You do know human beings can't be hermaphrodites, right? Do you have him confused with a banana slug?

by Anonymousreply 11May 12, 2011 1:45 AM

I love how DL talks shit about everyone and everything, but then chooses to act as moral authority over others. Typical.

by Anonymousreply 12May 12, 2011 1:45 AM

ive never seen his top set of teeth. Is he is constant blow job mode with his lips wrapped around his front teeth? if so.. hot.

by Anonymousreply 13May 12, 2011 1:45 AM

[italic]Yes OP, you're beyond self-hate.[/italic]

How so?

by Anonymousreply 14May 12, 2011 1:45 AM

[quote]Oh please. I'm sure Chris is a lovely boy, but c'mon, he is beyond effeminate.

And?

by Anonymousreply 15May 12, 2011 1:46 AM

OP, you're beyond rude, you're an idiot and a bigot. A "boy" - by which I assume you mean someone with a dick or the chromosomes to be classified as a male person - can still be that even if he doesn't have all the outward characteristics you identify with "masculinity" - which is a "gender" phenotype, not biological sex. Many guys have feminine characteristics. Some people would consider being attracted to men one of them. But there are others - little facial or body hair, gynecomastia (breasts), feminine hips, and so on, just like some women have deep voices, facial hair, and a manly shape. Hormones will do that. And here's a tip - having had quite a bit of sex, I've found that a lot of fem boys and skinny boys have big dicks and are tops, despite stereotypes to the contrary. Once you start having sex and seeing a range of real "boys" naked, you'll figure that out.

by Anonymousreply 16May 12, 2011 1:46 AM

Oooooooh OP ! These queens are going get you now !

by Anonymousreply 17May 12, 2011 1:52 AM

This is why they hate us.

by Anonymousreply 18May 12, 2011 2:17 AM

In school, "light in the loafer' types like Chris used to make me cringe and I would have no problem expressing my perceived superiority, openly bullying them. But, he had me in tears when he gave his acceptance speech at the Golden Globes. Chris has more balls than a lot of us.

by Anonymousreply 19May 12, 2011 2:24 AM

not that it is right to dislike Colfer because of his effeminancy or voice, but people tend to overuse and misuse the term selfhating. selfhating means you hate aspects about yourself. if the critic is not effeminate and does not have a voice like Colfer's, their criticism of him is not selfhating. Bigoted perhaps, but not selfhating.

by Anonymousreply 20May 12, 2011 2:25 AM

Live and let live.

Personally, he's not my type, but I doubt I'm his either.

Move on.

by Anonymousreply 21May 12, 2011 2:29 AM

You flyovers haven't got a clue.

by Anonymousreply 22May 12, 2011 2:37 AM

I know the cross-dressing OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 12, 2011 3:02 AM

I like Chris but I dislike Kurt.

by Anonymousreply 24May 12, 2011 4:24 AM

[italic]and a bigot.[/italic]

Bwahahahahaha!!! MARY!!!!

Colfer is NOT effeminate. To be effeminate in this case, he would have to be a homosexual MALE. He doesn't even come across as a campy MALE. That's the point. He sounds like he has a hormonal imbalance. He could totally pass for intersexed. I'm not convinced he's actually a boy. Enough with the faux-Mary outrage!

by Anonymousreply 25May 12, 2011 6:08 AM

He is the reason why spoiled high school girls now want their own gay bbf. Not because they want to treasure a gay person as a person, but use a gay person like they are trinket they bought at the gap.

by Anonymousreply 26May 12, 2011 6:29 AM

Just shut up OP.

by Anonymousreply 27May 12, 2011 6:35 AM

r26 Will and Grace did that long before Glee%0D %0D if he's this annoying we must be doing something right

by Anonymousreply 28May 12, 2011 6:48 AM

Do you think he's had it up the ass?

by Anonymousreply 29May 12, 2011 7:01 AM

He's the quintessential pocket gay friend.

I find him incredibly irritating.

by Anonymousreply 30May 12, 2011 7:04 AM

He's adorable as a flamer. But as an object of desire in a sexual way? Not my type.

by Anonymousreply 31May 12, 2011 7:05 AM

You're just being mean, OP. He has a high voice sure, but so what? Why does that annoy you so much? Besides, there's a pic of him having a stubble - just google it. I'm sure he's all male...

by Anonymousreply 32May 12, 2011 8:45 PM

Set your DVRs. Chris is a guest on Regis and Kelly tomorrow, Friday the 13th.

by Anonymousreply 33May 12, 2011 8:59 PM

He is a pure gay spirit and a great talent! Totally unique and a total star.

by Anonymousreply 34May 13, 2011 11:13 AM

Chris's upper lip hardly moves, must've trained to be a newscaster.

by Anonymousreply 35May 13, 2011 1:38 PM

OP / R25

Clearly you have issues.

You don't claim to like Colfer, but you post about him over and over.

Calling someone Mary! only proves it - you're a drama queen.

by Anonymousreply 36May 13, 2011 1:45 PM

Unless of course he is our own Victor Victoria and he will come out as a bio female once the show is over....

by Anonymousreply 37May 13, 2011 4:00 PM

[quote] I actually like Chris Colfer, but I do wonder if his singing voice is electronically raised to the male soprano level. It does seem unnaturally high.

Chris is a countertenor. Although this range is pretty rare in the US, it is very common in the UK because of Anglican/Episcopal church all-male choirs.

by Anonymousreply 38May 13, 2011 4:06 PM

There have been persistent rumours that Chris is actually a female in real life and is playing a male role. If you watch the show very closely is does seem to make sense.

by Anonymousreply 39May 14, 2011 12:10 AM

Oh COME ON R39.

by Anonymousreply 40May 14, 2011 12:20 AM

We don't insult white men here OP.%0D %0D We only ridicule the minorites, lesbians and the transgendered.%0D %0D You must worship at the altar of everything white.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 41May 14, 2011 12:27 AM

Chris Colfer is a living breathing gay stereotype. Not that there is anything wrong with that. But it is people like him why a lot of the more masculine gays don't come out of the closet and renounce their "gay" identity. There is a reason why many health care professionals don't ask if their patients are gay but if they "have sex with men." Self-loathing? Absolutely. But so long as shows like Glee continue showing only one type of gay person, the effeminate gay best friend, what real boundaries are being broke for gay people?

by Anonymousreply 42May 14, 2011 12:41 AM

Chris is growing up, and has started to look kind of cute in a young man kind of way lately, once in a while.

Please don't hate young gay people.

by Anonymousreply 43May 14, 2011 12:56 AM

r42, there are 4 gay characters on Glee. You're talking out your ass. And the only reason gays don't come out of the closet is because they're scared little pussies; not because horrible effeminates are forcing them to lie about themselves.

by Anonymousreply 44May 14, 2011 1:10 AM

I don't even know who this is...am I missing something?

by Anonymousreply 45May 14, 2011 1:35 AM

A brain, R45.

You just love the DL but have no awareness of pop culture. Aces.

by Anonymousreply 46May 14, 2011 1:59 AM

I'm sure he shaves his pubes.

by Anonymousreply 47May 14, 2011 4:11 AM

I want his cock in my mouth soooo bad. Yum. Cum Chris, cum...

by Anonymousreply 48May 14, 2011 4:16 AM

For all the talk about acceptance and tolerance, the character Kurt seems fairly intolerant about other gay people too. He's been written as the type of gay man who probably thinks that there is only one "correct" way to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 49May 14, 2011 6:47 AM

r42 [quote]But it is people like him why a lot of the more masculine gays don't come out of the closet and renounce their "gay" identity.

re%C2%B7nounce

verb%E2%80%83/ri%CB%88nouns/%E2%80%83 1. Formally declare one's abandonment of (a claim, right, or possession) * - Isabella offered to renounce her son's claim to the French crown

2. Refuse to recognize or abide by any longer * - these agreements were renounced after the fall of the czarist regime

3. Declare that one will no longer engage in or support * - they renounced the armed struggle

4. Reject and stop using or consuming * - he renounced drugs and alcohol completely

by Anonymousreply 50May 14, 2011 7:13 AM

There is no debate that R50 is a mincing prisspot. ;)

by Anonymousreply 51May 14, 2011 7:44 AM

OP, is this your twitter?%0D %0D @BretEastonEllis%0D %0D Why didn't you said so? %0D %0D LOL!

by Anonymousreply 52May 15, 2011 12:17 PM

I believe he cared for his disable sister while growing up. The young man has character and talent.

by Anonymousreply 53May 15, 2011 12:31 PM

Lord knows, effeminate gays are extremely rare.

by Anonymousreply 54May 15, 2011 12:44 PM

Chris Colfer is annoying as Hell.

by Anonymousreply 55May 15, 2011 12:46 PM

He showed up unexpectedly in an SNL skit last night and the audience when crazy. It took a good seven minutes for the hubub to die down so that the skit could continue.

by Anonymousreply 56May 15, 2011 2:02 PM

I think you mean 7 seconds, R56.

by Anonymousreply 57May 15, 2011 3:07 PM

[quote] But it is people like him why a lot of the more masculine gays don't come out of the closet and renounce their "gay" identity.

Actually, the truth is they don't come out as "gay" because they are craven, cowardly chicken shits, who find it convenient to saddle their fearful dishonesty on effeminate gay guys. Wow, that takes guts. Not.

It is strange to me though, the degree of girlyness in Chris Coulter. I know that traditionally defined "masculinity" is on a wide spectrum, and he's just on the far edge compared to other men, straight, gay, or in-between. I will be honest in saying it does make me uncomfortable in a weird way, and I'm a totally out/proud gay guy.

by Anonymousreply 58May 15, 2011 3:42 PM

I love Chris Colfer. I loved seeing him pop up on SNL last night, too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 15, 2011 5:16 PM

How old is he? Is he a top or a bottom?

by Anonymousreply 60May 15, 2011 5:28 PM

There is a difference between Colfer and Kurt. If you know anything about Colfer the you would know that he is not a stereotype. Kurt could be seen as a stereotype. Colfer is effeminate but that doesn't make him a stereotype, just effeminate. And he is less effeminate when he is "himself" than when he is performing.

by Anonymousreply 61May 15, 2011 5:35 PM

R60 He's turning 21 at the end of the month. He gave a funny interview with Jimmy Fallon about it on Friday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62May 15, 2011 5:39 PM

The character of "Kurt" is still a virgin , and ais actually quite naive and almost sex-phobic isn't he ?

How can someone be labelled "gay" or Straight" if they have absolutely no experience ( assuming you can separate his "gayness" from his sexual attraction )

.... to which I'm sure the "Self-Loathing" Troll will call me out on in about 3 more replies )

by Anonymousreply 63May 15, 2011 8:54 PM

R63 Kurt has a boyfriend on the show now, and they've kissed twice (although both were in the same scene), and not just little pecks.

Regardless, someone doesn't have to have "experience" to know whether they're straight or gay. It's about who they are attracted to.

by Anonymousreply 64May 15, 2011 8:59 PM

There was a great episode where Kurt's dad ( one of the best supporting characters ) was trying to explain the "gay facts of life" to Kurt, and he really seemed to think that gay sex was all kissing, hand holding and |Cole Porter duets. I wonder how he'll react when some guy finally shoves some real love up his tight little ass

by Anonymousreply 65May 15, 2011 9:07 PM

r65, what there's more than Cole Porter duets?

by Anonymousreply 66May 15, 2011 9:33 PM

Cole Porter Threesomes !

by Anonymousreply 67May 15, 2011 9:46 PM

Colfer is the definition of "pussyboy."

by Anonymousreply 68May 15, 2011 10:01 PM

He's planning on having his penis cut off and he's going to marry Chaz.

by Anonymousreply 69May 15, 2011 10:23 PM

CHRIS COLFER IS GAY!!! if you don't know that than ur being kinda blind

by Anonymousreply 70October 11, 2011 1:27 PM

Colfer begged the producers to let him show some skin in his upcoming deflowering episode, but was frankly told "nobody wants to see that." The producers are WRONG! Some of us like pale and willowy.

by Anonymousreply 71November 7, 2011 2:51 AM

Leave Chris alone. He's fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 72November 7, 2011 2:56 AM

Agree, R72. He's talented. He's not at all my type, way too young, not conventionally hot by any means. But he's gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 73November 7, 2011 3:18 AM

I have to say from the moment I watched Glee to the moment I stopped watching (about five episodes later) I found myself ill every time Kurt was on screen. I'm capable of detaching an actor's real life from a character. I kept recoiling in disgust every time he opened his mouth. His voice just makes my skin crawl.

You can say I have issues, or whatever. Heck, we all have some in some way. But it wasn't until that moment that I realized I have a difficult time believing that the way he speaks was something natural, that he didn't learn. Sure, the tone and pitch of one's speaking voice isn't something you can completely effect. Though Michael Jackson is a perfect example of one who spoke soft and delicately in public, but more deep and masculine in private.

What I can't grasp is if this is a put on, if he taught himself to speak this way or developed it, WHY he did it?

Also, something about the character that really got on my nerves was his screaming for equal treatment yet striving to be as different and invasive as he possibly could, all while acting as if everyone else had the problem.

I'm sorry, if you wear makeup, wigs, women's clothes, speak like a woman and throw prissy tantrums, and just happen to be a man/boy. YOU CAN NOT expect to be treated like other men/boys. The characters incessant demands to be treated like everyone else simply didn't fit with the way he acted. It's one thing to embrace yourself, and have a unique identity. It's entirely another thing to take that identity and carry it to the farthest extreme and slap people in the face with it every chance you get while screaming at the top of your shrieking lungs "ACCEPT ME! YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT ME!"

Sorry, Mary, I don't. No one does. People LIKE his character need to realize, that if they want people to accept them, they need to accept themselves, underneath all that makeup, glitter, wigs, lisps, etc. Call me a dope but that crap is learned. Be the person you are without the add-ons. THEN you can defend yourself and your right to equality.

Okay, come at me, I'm sure some of you have been sharpening your claws since the first sentence of this post.

by Anonymousreply 74November 7, 2011 3:18 AM

I wonder how Chris feels about the fact that 99% of the people who are obsessed with him are girls. Just what every gay boy wants to hear.

by Anonymousreply 75November 7, 2011 3:27 AM

Who knows how lusts are formed? I once asked a guy otherwise way out of my league why he fancied me. He explained that it was my smooth throat. "If a guy has even a hint of an adam's apple I'm outta here!"

by Anonymousreply 76November 7, 2011 3:34 AM

lots of hypocrits here

by Anonymousreply 77November 7, 2011 3:43 AM

He is the purest gay spirit I have ever seen. If you have a problem with him I would suggest it's due to your own self loathing. Perhaps you should join the Log Cabin Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 78November 7, 2011 3:49 AM

So sad that there are so many self hating gays here.

There is nothing wrong with Chris Colfer or the character he plays.

There is nothing wrong with being feminine.

So many guys who complain about others being flamers are themselves flamers. They really should look in a mirror.

by Anonymousreply 79November 7, 2011 4:54 AM

R78 is just full of shit.

And nothing wrong with his character? Please, R79. You're being overly defensive.

by Anonymousreply 80November 7, 2011 4:58 AM

His voice freaks me right the fuck out.

by Anonymousreply 81November 7, 2011 5:03 AM

The "self-hating" thing is one of the most stupid asinine bits of idiocy ever spouted on DL.

If you dislike Republicans, does that mean that you only do so because you, yourself are a Republican? If you dislike murderers, does it mean that you dislike them only because you, yourself are a murderer? The whole premise of the thing is that no one could be annoyed by a behavior unless that person behaved that way himself. Are you people really that stupid?

And for the record, Colfer may be a fine soul no matter how he presents himself, but it's ridiculous not to acknowledge that he presents himself in a particular way. If you like it, fine. If you don't, that's fine too. He probably doesn't give a shit either way.

by Anonymousreply 82November 7, 2011 6:13 AM

"He probably doesn't give a shit either way."

Chris Colfer IS honey badger.

by Anonymousreply 83November 7, 2011 10:27 AM

R75 Chris Colfer - and the people who went there with him - says that when he tries to go to a gay bar, he gets mobbed, so I'm sure he doesn't have a problem finding guys who are interested in him, if he wants to.

Chris Colfer is not like Kurt Hummel, but even if he was, so what? If you think "feminine" gay guys don't find love or sex with other guys, then you're wrong.

R74 I hope no one else responds just because your post is so attention whoring, but I will say that Chris Colfer talks that way in real life and has often said he wishes he didn't because it caused a lot of grief for him...probably because of people like you. His character does not wear wigs, glitter or make up (except when it's part of a performance and other people are doing it, too) and doesn't lisp, though, so maybe you should project your issues elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 84November 16, 2011 1:51 PM

Colfer's giant super wide clown mouth alone gives me the creeps.

by Anonymousreply 85November 17, 2011 12:57 AM

Why did Kurt and his boyfriend leave the gay private school with the nice blazers?

by Anonymousreply 86November 17, 2011 1:06 AM

OP = Stupid bitch

by Anonymousreply 87November 17, 2011 1:21 AM

Yeah, and Chris is 10 times richer...think about it jealous bitches.

by Anonymousreply 88November 17, 2011 1:22 AM

[quote]You can say I have issues, or whatever. Heck, we all have some in some way.

Honey, don't compare yourself to others. You have more issues that The New York Times on a Sunday morning on the Upper East Side.

by Anonymousreply 89November 17, 2011 1:28 AM

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 90November 17, 2011 1:35 AM

Call me crazy, but last time I checked, having a high voice or seeming effeminate doesn't make someone a hermaphrodite. He's a countertenor, which is a perfectly acceptable vocal range - to be honest, it's a highly sought after vocal range. Most singing groups would kill for a countertenor, and I think it's a little obvious at this point he's male... especially considering the fact that he brought it up in an interview at one point.

by Anonymousreply 91March 14, 2012 2:15 AM

You can't deny that Colfer represents a certain gay stereotype that is prissy and effeminate. This IS one reason why many people don't come out of the closet . . . it will be automatically assumed that they are prissy and effeminate. It may not be so, but it is the way it is.

While Colfer may be a talented guy, his range is limited. It has nothing to do with him being out of the closet, but rather his limitations as an actor. Also his personal life is no secret, and therefore the ability for the audience to "suspend reality" is affected. It's this combination of limited range and familiarity with his personal life that will make his career a short one. This is reality, people, whether you like it or not.

Now, if he was gobsmacking, brimming with talent, like Neil Patrick Harris, that would be a different story. Everyone knows Harris is gay; everyone knows about his partner, etc., etc. but no one really cares . . . why? Because he is so talented. Everyone knows he's gay, yet we buy him in a pussy-hound role. He sells it. This is called talent.

by Anonymousreply 92March 14, 2012 2:38 AM

OP are you confusing him with Kurt Hummel, the character he plays on Tv? They make him look more feminine for that role. He's actually quite the guy, its easybto tell and I don't even know him personally. Sure, he has a high voice, but he has an amazing range and can get down in the low register really well along with the high. Many men (and even women) would kill to have his rangeand pure tone. I know a man with a voice even higher than Chris. I know a woman with an extremely high voice, too. It sounds like she sucks helium all day, but it makes her unique. I always know its her when I hear her talk. Its not a curse, its not been a breeze to live with. It just is.

While I'm on it, who are you, or even really any of us, to judge what is feminine or masculine. Hey, I wear pants, does that make me a man? No. My female supervisor at one job has short hair, while my male boss at another has long hair. Does it matter? No. It's the 21st freaking century. Dropping complaints about gender and sex specific qualities and characteristics is really quite old.

by Anonymousreply 93August 21, 2012 3:42 AM

Curios to see "what childish epithet posted by a bigoted tool" is all about. So take no offence, this is just a test: queeny faggy faggot queer gaylord fag burger

by Anonymousreply 94August 22, 2012 8:52 PM

Seriously, what is that epithet? Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 95August 22, 2012 8:57 PM

R95 F-M-E-nate.

by Anonymousreply 96August 22, 2012 9:01 PM

He has beautiful features. Just saw a recent pic of him filming Glee (or something).

by Anonymousreply 97August 22, 2012 9:38 PM

R74 sounds just like the boy who killed Lawrence King.

by Anonymousreply 98August 22, 2012 11:16 PM

I love him because how different he is. he is just like a fictional being, like the little prince, he is so unreally good. his face his voice and his expressions are uniqe. I'm sure when he auditioned for glee,the casting team would be happy to find someone like him, and chris said himself that he auditioned for artie, but they create the character of Kurt just because they wanted him.in their world ,he is Gold.

by Anonymousreply 99January 9, 2013 9:08 PM

Last week, I read an article where he was complaining about being "typecast" and "pigeonholed" for being gay.

by Anonymousreply 100January 13, 2013 6:20 PM

[quote]Last week, I read an article where he was complaining about being "typecast" and "pigeonholed" for being gay.

I love Chris but honestly, he would really have to butch up his mannerisms and voice if he wants to play straight.

by Anonymousreply 101January 13, 2013 6:25 PM

Exactly R101. Being typecast for being e-ffeminate is not the same thing as being type cast because you are gay and it is damaging to conflate them.

by Anonymousreply 102January 13, 2013 6:32 PM

[quote]Last week, I read an article where he was complaining about being "typecast" and "pigeonholed" for being gay.

I find that comment so silly. All he need to do is get paparazzi to take pictures of him while he's mountain biking, mountain climbing, playing hoops, repair a car, etc. and he will have a different more masculine image in no-time.

These fake public images exist for a reason. Hell, even Luke Evans was successfuly put back in the closet by his PR handlers and getting role offers even though the general public knows that he was openly gay before he made movies for Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 103January 13, 2013 6:34 PM

Had to google Luke Evans, R103.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104January 13, 2013 6:38 PM

[quote]Hell, even Luke Evans was successfuly put back in the closet by his PR handlers

I guess your definition of "successfully" is different from my definition.

by Anonymousreply 105January 13, 2013 6:45 PM

R104 Not surprised you had to Google him - he's a nobody.

by Anonymousreply 106January 13, 2013 6:46 PM

[quote]I find that comment so silly. All he need to do is get paparazzi to take pictures of him while he's mountain biking, mountain climbing, playing hoops, repair a car, etc. and he will have a different more masculine image in no-time.

Not unless silents make a comeback.

by Anonymousreply 107January 13, 2013 6:49 PM

LOL

by Anonymousreply 108January 13, 2013 6:52 PM

He still has it if his win last week as favorite comedic actor on the Peoples Choice Awards is any indication. Plus, he's ventured successfully into independent films, playing a dark character very different from the one he plays on Glee.

by Anonymousreply 109January 13, 2013 6:56 PM

The People's Choice Awards? LOL. Bought and paid for. And that dreck he wrote? Struck by Lightening? The only decent thing in that abortion was Rebel Wilson improvising all he lines.

by Anonymousreply 110January 13, 2013 7:00 PM

Struck by Lightning was great! I'm so in love with it! It was funny, sad and in the end felt like a punch in the gut. It kinda left me sobbing. A mess.

I say this because, well, I'm sort of in love with Chris as it is and seeing him dead drove me nuts. It was weird.

One of the reasons I think I love this movie so much is because I relate to him a lot. His family is messed up, he lives in the middle of nowhere, and he's pretty much unwanted where-ever he goes. He's destined for bigger and better things and he intends on making it there. I'm not going to go into my own personal things because this is a review, but a lot of that relates to me.

I am a HUGE fan of Glee and an even bigger fan of Chris Colfer, and I loved this movie. I can't wait to buy it and keep it forever and ever and watch it all the time!

by Anonymousreply 111January 13, 2013 7:17 PM

The People's Choice Award means a lot, because its from the people.

by Anonymousreply 112January 13, 2013 7:21 PM

You're the guy starting all those Harry Styles and One Direction threads, aren't you R111?

by Anonymousreply 113January 13, 2013 7:28 PM

I was disappointed by Struck By Lightning because it's kind of a bait and switch scheme where the trailer makes it look like the film is about the lead and the other schoolkids when the actual film is about the lead and his difficult relationship with his mother. The school kids are barely in it and what's even worse they remain one dimentionsal (the biggest offender is the gay kid character who just has a few lines about gay pride and the actor delivers them terribly).

Don't get me wrong, Allison Janney (who plays the mother) is great in it, but the movie is quite different than what the trailer suggests.

by Anonymousreply 114January 13, 2013 7:33 PM

R111 is psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 115January 13, 2013 7:35 PM

R111 is 14-year-old girl.

by Anonymousreply 116January 13, 2013 7:52 PM

Looks like the baby gay brought a male date to an awards show for the first time. Good for him!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117January 29, 2013 4:57 PM

Has he has sex yet?

by Anonymousreply 118January 29, 2013 5:05 PM

R118 I don't even know why I'm answering this, but Glee fans say he's been dating the guy since at least October and they went on a Europe vacation together, so draw your own conclusions.

by Anonymousreply 119January 29, 2013 5:10 PM

Struck By Lightning was rough and very uneven. Colfer made me squirm with embarrassment by his acting at times and I was completely removed from the movie during these parts.

That said, I really hope he does well and good for him bringing that date.

by Anonymousreply 120January 29, 2013 5:12 PM

Oh, well I'm sure they just limit it to hand holding and occasional pecks on the cheek, then.

by Anonymousreply 121January 29, 2013 5:12 PM

It is not self loathing as much as it is misogynistic.

A man with feminine qualities are bad and something to be ashamed of while a woman with masculine qualities is a fun loving tomboy.

by Anonymousreply 122January 29, 2013 5:49 PM

He's on Kathy Griffin's talk show tonight.

by Anonymousreply 123February 1, 2013 2:12 AM

chris looks really good now. Age has helped him mature physically.

by Anonymousreply 124February 1, 2013 2:49 AM

Jason Bateman should play his dad in something. Actually, I'd rather see him play George Michael Bluth than the chinless Michael Cera.

by Anonymousreply 125February 1, 2013 4:46 AM

R124 He really has grown up from the baby he looked like when he first started Glee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126February 1, 2013 2:29 PM

Like Chris, but didn't like his atitude on Kathy Griffin. Seemed like he thought the show was beneath him. He didn't really relax and cut loose and he barely spoke.

by Anonymousreply 127February 1, 2013 2:46 PM

R127 He seemed nervous about saying anything that would offend fans of other people, but that was it. He's just a nice person, and with three guests, none of them really spoke all that in depth. He is real life friends with Kathy and was making several jokes about sex with ghosts, so I'd say he was letting loose fine.

by Anonymousreply 128February 1, 2013 3:47 PM

Is that show still on?

by Anonymousreply 129February 1, 2013 3:51 PM

R129 Kathy? It's a talk show now, not her D-List show. It airs live on Bravo on Thursdays.

by Anonymousreply 130February 1, 2013 3:59 PM

I thought Struck by Lightning was very impressive, if quite dark. Colfer doesn't have a total grasp how to flesh out his characters yet, but what he did show showed great promise in screenwriting. Allison Janney (criminally underappreciated in film) did a terrific job humanizing a very difficult character.

He has physically matured, and seems less sexually ambiguous now. His voice has changed pretty dramatically. You'll notice he is not singing like a countertenor any more. The high is almost completely gone. The one big number he's had this season was his NYADA audition piece and it showed an average, light baritone.

by Anonymousreply 131February 1, 2013 4:01 PM

What is the word [childish epithet posted by a bigoted tool) is replacing?

by Anonymousreply 132February 1, 2013 4:04 PM

I think he'll have more success with behind the scenes work. If we're lucky, he'll knock that talentless hack Ryan Murphy off the top.

by Anonymousreply 133February 9, 2013 1:29 AM

The lead singer from that group Fun kinda reminds me of Chris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134February 11, 2013 12:42 AM

After Glee is off the air, what kind of roles will there be for someone with his voice?

by Anonymousreply 135February 11, 2013 12:45 AM

R132 I always thought it was e.f.femin.ate?

by Anonymousreply 136February 11, 2013 12:49 AM

who's his BF or FB?

by Anonymousreply 137February 11, 2013 4:48 AM

I'm with OP. Who cares where in the spectrum "masculine" or "feminine" behavior lies with anyone, but he is so girly, it's distracting.

by Anonymousreply 138May 12, 2013 6:46 PM

He's not exactly the butchest of guys IRL, but it seems like some of you are confusing his character with himself a bit. Anyway, he's certainly matured a lot and is actually quite pretty now. Definitely more attractive than the little dude who plays his bf.

by Anonymousreply 139August 10, 2013 6:56 AM

oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 140August 10, 2013 7:33 AM

What's with the hate on for fem guys? I think he's cute and sexy, masc guys don't do it for me.

by Anonymousreply 141August 10, 2013 7:34 AM

what will he do post glee?

by Anonymousreply 142August 10, 2013 6:16 PM

I doubt he'll get much work after Glee. Too hard to cast. In four years the show has been on the only other acting role he's had is one he wrote for himself.

Has anyone read his books?

by Anonymousreply 143August 10, 2013 6:48 PM

Chris isn't even feminine. He's a girl. Getting those baby teeth fixed might help prove some masculinity.

by Anonymousreply 144August 10, 2013 6:59 PM

I think Sue Sylvester summed it up best by referring to Kurt as porcelain face. That's all I see when I look at Chris.

by Anonymousreply 145August 10, 2013 7:02 PM

Just watched Struck by Lightening on Netflix. Entertaining. I've always rooted for Chris Colfer and admire his ambition. I hope he's a nice guy in real life.

by Anonymousreply 146August 11, 2013 9:11 AM

144, he doesn't have to prove anything, certainly not to the self-hating queens here. I'd rather he kept this look than get some hideous chicklets which is all Hwd dentists are able to do. Look what happened to Cory (rip) judging from that new Glee promo picture, he used to have such a lovely boyish smile and now looked generic. I was curious what CC could do outside Glee, checked out his movie, and was surprised how non-Kurt and non-CC he looked and acted. He seemed to physically change with the role which is no mean feat, kid can act. 135, he can modulate his voice if necessary. If Tobey Maguire isn't hurting for roles with one of the higher voices in the business, nor is Steve Buscemi with his unorthodox looks, CC may beat the odds too. I don't think his ambition is to be a leading man/"movie star" anyway. We'll see but I hope he has some longevity, we need the openly gay (good) actors to be successful.

by Anonymousreply 147August 11, 2013 11:51 AM

At r126's link he looks more mature and really good looking. He's just growing into his looks apparently. Late bloomer.

by Anonymousreply 148August 11, 2013 1:25 PM

He's good looking and he's got HUGE feet. Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 149August 11, 2013 6:10 PM

Chris's second edition of The Land Of Stories, The Land Of Stories, The Enchantress Returns has debuted at Number 2 on the New York Times best seller list. His first debuted at number one and is currently number 10 on the list. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 150August 16, 2013 8:07 PM

I can see Chris starting to write more for film and TV or even getting into the production side of things after Glee is over, especially since ha and Ryan Murphy seemed to have kind of a mentor/protegé relationship. Though I think Chris is getting a little fed up with Glee and its crazy fangirls who seem to think he is his character in real life and is in a secret relationship with Darren Criss. He's openly said things about how crazy his little girl fams are.

As for his real bf, he was with Chris during some recent book signings. I still think they look a lot like one another, but stranger relationships have happened, I guess. Chris seems to have bulked up some and he looks happy, so good for him.

by Anonymousreply 151August 16, 2013 8:42 PM

Can someone please start a thread on Maureen mAHER from 48 hour mystery.? Thank you

by Anonymousreply 152August 16, 2013 9:10 PM

[quote]Chris isn't even feminine. He's a girl. Getting those baby teeth fixed might help prove some masculinity.

And I guess if you stepped outside your door and someone criticised you you'd be the first one wailing.

I don't understand the need for Colfer to be or appear as anything other than he is. He needs to change and 'be more masculine' why, exactly? To prove what or to suit whom?

Think what you're actually saying.

by Anonymousreply 153October 20, 2013 10:07 AM

Every time I see this post pop up I'm disgusted that people like OP exist, ESPECIALLY if they're gay and say this shit.

I caught an episode of Glee (the Beatles episode) and thought it was so silly I couldn't imagine watching it, and not great for the music either. But Colfer sang well, danced well, and otherwise didn't come off in any way that earned him this contempt.

How could anyone be this upset about Colfer to start such a nasty thread, unless that person is full of issues himself?

The OP and people like him are sick.

by Anonymousreply 154October 20, 2013 10:25 AM

R154, welcome to the DL.

Colfer is cute, no objections at all to his babytalk voice. It seems common among guys who've been out since a young age. A lifetime of looking for a daddy leaves its mark! But I think it's usually just habit and can be shed like an accent if the guy wants.

by Anonymousreply 155October 20, 2013 10:52 AM

R126: The photographer Mr Chiun-Kai Shih is an amazing lensman. See link for his fantastic work on Olympic swimmer Nathan Adrian:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156October 20, 2013 12:15 PM

Chris posted a photo of him and his boyfriend for Halloween. He's looking good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157October 29, 2013 11:04 PM

Just Chris, lit up like a christmas tree. He's definitely been working out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158October 29, 2013 11:19 PM

Another recent costume from Chris and his BF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159February 17, 2014 11:33 PM

Kinky.

by Anonymousreply 160February 18, 2014 12:10 AM

he is so hot. i loves the girly boys.

by Anonymousreply 161February 18, 2014 6:55 AM

I can't access the Glee Secrets 2 thread on my phone. Did it get deleted?

by Anonymousreply 162February 19, 2014 4:11 PM

Can you link to that secrets thread if you find it?

I wonder what kind of sex he likes. I bet he likes it rough.

by Anonymousreply 163February 19, 2014 4:33 PM

The Glee secrets 2 thread did get deleted. I recall the gossip on Colfer was mostly that he hates Darren Criss and the Klaine pairing.

by Anonymousreply 164February 19, 2014 4:36 PM

Why did it get deleted?

by Anonymousreply 165February 19, 2014 4:46 PM

Thanks for confirming that, R164. Wonder why it got deleted.

Maybe Chris hates Darren, I don't know. They didn't seem to have any trouble joking around with each other during the filming of that one episode when they were ice skating, from what I remember. Things do seem off between Darren and the other cast members though. I can't find much gossip about Chris out there, probably because he seems to be a genuinely decent person.

by Anonymousreply 166February 19, 2014 4:49 PM

I think the gossip about Chris disliking Darren and the Klaine pairing stems from Chris stating in an interviews that he wanted Kurt paired with either Sam or Karfosky. I remember seeing some interview in which Darren made some nice comment about Chris and it seemed to bother Chris. I heard gossip that some cast members were pissed at Darren when he became a series regular in season 3. Darren does hang out with Chord Overstreet and Dianna Agron. I do wonder if he and Jenna Ushkowitz get along in real life. There was gossip that she hates, Darren, Naya Rivera, and Heather Morris due to their characters becoming popular and later getting more screen time than her. Jenna was probably happy when Heather Morris got knocked up and left the show.

by Anonymousreply 167February 19, 2014 5:33 PM

What do you all make of the rumor that Chris and Darren are actually together and that's why they have little public contact. I don't know what to make of that but to me, it doesn't really seem like they hate each other. If you watch videos of them filming together they look very friendly with each other.

by Anonymousreply 168February 19, 2014 6:04 PM

Delusional Klaine fans want them to be together, but they're not. For God sakes, Chris has a bf. I don't think they hate each other, but I guess the insane Klaine fans have annoyed both, but especially Chris a lot. I look forward to the day he lets everyone know what went on behind the scenes.

Yeah, there really isn't much gossip about Chris. I think the wildest thing I heard about him was him loosing his virginity at some concert(?) and this was something Chris himself mentioned in some interview. He seems to be a decent person.

by Anonymousreply 169February 19, 2014 6:15 PM

Chris is NOT gay! He is dating Lea Michele.

by Anonymousreply 170February 19, 2014 6:42 PM

R167 Chris said that Kurt and Karofsky could be interesting, but that's really about it. He has said he'd like Kurt to date other people, and Darren has said the same about Blaine when the two were broken up, but they both have talked about how Kurt and Blaine will end up together. I don't think he dislikes Klaine - he just likes to act out different things, including drama between them. I don't know what comment from Darren you think he'd be upset about.

I think they get along fine, but fans maybe have made them not interact in public like they used to. Even Darren now has made comments indicating his irritation with "CrissColfer" shippers. They're very nasty to his girlfriend in particular. I mean, Chris went to a party Darren threw this past fall and was one of the few Glee cast members there, so it's not like he had to go. There's a photo of Chris and Adam Lambert from the party.

by Anonymousreply 171February 19, 2014 6:54 PM

R163 When asked what turns him on, he answered "controlled danger," so make of that what you will.

He also wanted Kurt to have an affair with a teacher (he said this idea was "before Blaine," but he probably just added that to appease the more hard-core Klaine fans) and sing "S&M" by Rihanna.

by Anonymousreply 172February 19, 2014 7:08 PM

Such a screaming little queen with a high pitched voice. Ewwww...

by Anonymousreply 173February 19, 2014 7:34 PM

Many people are thinking that Chris and Lea are the subjects of this blind

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174February 22, 2014 7:08 PM

R174 People are thinking it because there's no other people that fit the very obvious descriptions. And, please. It would be more believable that Chris and Lea would try to get themselves fired from this show than free someone else from the sinking ship that's ending in one season anyway.

by Anonymousreply 175February 23, 2014 1:56 AM

Chris Colfer is fey. It's a magical word that JFK used to describe Jackie.

by Anonymousreply 176February 23, 2014 2:00 AM

R175 The blind item was more then likely put out by the producers of Glee to generate interest in the show. I doubt if any of it is true. I am always skeptical of rumors that certain cast members can't stand one another. A professional actor/actress doesn't act like a diva on the job or at least they shouldn't. They realize how fortunate they are just to be working and getting a salary equal to what most little people make in a year for each episode they appear in. Also I am sure that the producers and Ryan Murphy could give a crap about the personal dynamics between the cast members. If the producers stir up trouble where none existed by putting this blind out there, so what? If it accomplishes their objective of getting more people to tune it, the blind item was a success. They don't care if they manifest a toxic work environment by playing the actors off one another. Actors have always been treated as pawns in the much larger game of Hollywood movie making.

by Anonymousreply 177February 23, 2014 2:34 AM

The idea of Chris Colfer being sexual at all is wholly unappealing, but he lost his virginity at a concert? Are we talking anal?

by Anonymousreply 178February 23, 2014 2:40 AM

Homophobia rampant here but the Hall Monitor screeches F&F when Mia Farrow is called out.

I know a lot of these posts are just being silly, but the fey-hate is bizarre and truly embody the usually-tired DL accusation of "self-loathing."

by Anonymousreply 179February 23, 2014 2:45 AM

R178 He did not lose his virginity at a concert. It was a joke in some Scissor Sisters video he took part in.

by Anonymousreply 180February 23, 2014 2:56 AM

R178 I have to admit that I never thought of him in any way as being sexual either until recently. This GIF from a recent Glee episode totally changed my opinion of him though. That combined with his more toned body makes him appear kind of hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181February 23, 2014 3:27 AM

LIke R180 said, the virginity thing was a joke in the sense how much he enjoyed a Scissors Sisters gig. His sense of humor can fly over the heads of people who take stuff literally or out of context. The affair with Criss which they cover by dating two other people is just Klaine fangirls gone wild with their fanfiction, the same principle at work as the mad blogger salivating at Robsten's eternal love and how Kristen is about to give birth to Pattinson's baby. These girls are convinced they are given secret 'clues', you should see some of the outrageous things they come up with. There are factions of warring fans, one of which is convinced of the affair, and the other that they hate each other, or at least Colfer hates Criss. Exactly the same stories and secret love affairs are posited for other shows where some couples whip up the fangirls in a moist frenzy, it's not restricted to Glee by any means. The latest blind seems like the same wishful thinking. R175 sounds about right, Glee has a set expiration date and the actors seem quite busy with their post-Glee careers to be expending energy and industry good-will in pointless infighting. I'm all for juicy gossip but the latest lot doesn't make much sense.

by Anonymousreply 182February 23, 2014 5:59 AM

I get the Colfer and Criss thing being out there but does DL really think Darren is straight?

by Anonymousreply 183February 23, 2014 1:11 PM

Has OP died in a grease fire yet? Hop to it, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 184February 23, 2014 1:20 PM

R183, in the old Glee secrets thread someone reported semi-cruising him in San Francisco and getting straight dude vibes, but who knows.

by Anonymousreply 185February 23, 2014 4:18 PM

Chris and his boyfriend in costume again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186March 10, 2014 10:42 PM

I don't dislike Chris but now that he's making some money why doesn't he get those dawn lizard teeth fixed. They even cause him to sound funny when he talks.

by Anonymousreply 187February 8, 2015 3:37 PM

I don't know what would be the point now. After Glee ends, he will likely just write, instead of act.

by Anonymousreply 188February 8, 2015 3:56 PM

You don't sound rude.

You sound like a mean phobic son of a bitch asshole.

by Anonymousreply 189February 8, 2015 4:08 PM

[quote]After Glee ends, he will likely just write, instead of act.

Hmmm, I saw Struck By Lightning and the episode of Glee that he penned...he should stick with acting.

by Anonymousreply 190February 8, 2015 4:36 PM

I think he is cute.

by Anonymousreply 191January 23, 2020 11:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!