Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Billionaire Paul Allen, 58, never married.

Just watching an interview with him on 60 Minutes.%0D %0D Any stories?

by Anonymousreply 126October 16, 2018 1:26 PM

OK... apparently not.

by Anonymousreply 1April 18, 2011 1:02 AM

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PIC FAIL....

MAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSIVE fail

Criiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikets churping

by Anonymousreply 2April 18, 2011 1:13 AM

I believed he was dating tennis star Monica Seles years ago. Whether that was anything more than just her hanging out on his yacht, I have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 3April 18, 2011 1:17 AM

He's just waiting for the right lucky woman!

by Anonymousreply 4April 18, 2011 1:17 AM

The only mark Paul Allen will leave on the world will likely be a skidmark in his underwear.%0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 5April 18, 2011 3:51 AM

Whiney article in the current Vanity Fair about him. "Bill Gates screwed me out of lots of $$$$"%0D %0D I just assumed he was gay from stories told.

by Anonymousreply 6April 18, 2011 4:35 AM

Paul Allen has one of the worst body shapes I've ever seen on a man.%0D %0D Huge hips, sunken chest, large waist, small shoulders....%0D %0D but the enormous hips are what ruins his physique.%0D %0D Poor guy. terribly unsexy and physically unappealing because of the gargantuan hips.%0D %0D And I know he has had cancer twice so sympathize with him.

by Anonymousreply 7April 18, 2011 5:08 AM

so I sympathize with him

by Anonymousreply 8April 18, 2011 5:11 AM

He's really fug. He should have gotten married when he was younger and not as horrible looking as he is now.

by Anonymousreply 9April 18, 2011 5:18 AM

OP I wanted to respond to you but it was primetime on datalounge, so I just went to DLRB.

by Anonymousreply 10April 18, 2011 5:18 AM

He must be gay. The way R7 describes him, he would be married to a former fashion model or a Miss Universe contestant if he were straight.

He's worth billions.

by Anonymousreply 11April 18, 2011 5:19 AM

He was not really better looking when he was younger....not much anyway.

by Anonymousreply 12April 18, 2011 5:21 AM

I remember that he dated Ann Reinking a million years ago...

by Anonymousreply 13April 18, 2011 5:34 AM

Bill Gates is the Mary, and he's the Rhoda.

by Anonymousreply 14April 18, 2011 5:40 AM

Allen used to have wild orgies on his yacht. He got it so he could do what he wanted without fear of the parties being busted by neighbours or crashed by the paps.

All kinds of A list people, both in business and the entertainment community attended.

I remember this from a poster who had a FB? who worked on the yacht. The guy signed an NDA, but did tell the poster that much.

If he's still here, maybe he'll confirm/elaborate.

by Anonymousreply 15April 18, 2011 6:45 AM

Paul is the epitome of a nerd - years ago and now.%0D %0D I rather doubt any orgies took place.

by Anonymousreply 16April 18, 2011 6:49 AM

That's what I thought too r16, but I'm 95% sure it was Allen the person mentioned. Plus, it doesn't mean he was a very active participant. Although, Bill Gates always got laid; shockingly, even at Harvard.

by Anonymousreply 17April 18, 2011 6:54 AM

yeah, right, R17, as if you would know whether Bill Gates got laid or not

by Anonymousreply 18April 18, 2011 7:00 AM

I watched that segment on 60 Minutes tonight, OP, and as soon as the reporter spoke about his worth, his purchases and the fact that he has never married, my immediate thought was "he'll probably be married by year's end"%0D %0D He's a superficial golddigger's dream.

by Anonymousreply 19April 18, 2011 7:02 AM

Considering it was in one of the better-known books about Microsoft, I would. You inferred I was trying to be an insider. I wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 20April 18, 2011 7:06 AM

R19, chances of Paul meeting a woman are very slim.%0D %0D My immediate thought was that he will never meet anyone to marry and will never marry.%0D %0D And he is not in any way, shape, or form a 'superficial golddigger's dream'.%0D %0D You really are nuts, R19.

by Anonymousreply 21April 18, 2011 7:23 AM

that is why he is a billionaire, no alimony

by Anonymousreply 22April 18, 2011 9:16 AM

[quote] Allen used to have wild orgies on his yacht. He got it so he could do what he wanted without fear of the parties being busted by neighbours or crashed by the paps.

Sounds reasonable. I met someone who'd crewed too. They were shitscared and wouldn't say a word (the terms of the NDA must be lethal) except to roll their eyes and say "You simply have no idea!"

Like Hans Solo, I can imagine a lot.

by Anonymousreply 23April 18, 2011 9:29 AM

r16,%0D %0D Just because he's a nerd doesn't mean he wouldn't have orgies. In fact, that he was a nerd would probably make him freakier because he had been sexually repressed in adolescence.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 24April 18, 2011 9:46 AM

Weren't there stories about how someone would hire all these women to spend time on his yacht for pay? I recall reading somewhere that Paris Hilton, among others, was one of the women. I don't know if the women were for him or his guests or both.

by Anonymousreply 25April 18, 2011 10:14 AM

My guess is he's had a vasectomy, so the bimbos know they won't get much.

by Anonymousreply 26April 18, 2011 1:02 PM

Speaking of money: Lily Safra has received a royal wedding invitation. What a pity Dominck is no longer around.

by Anonymousreply 27April 18, 2011 1:08 PM

known to be gay for decades...

by Anonymousreply 28April 18, 2011 2:22 PM

Hmm, so if you never get married your gay? wow

by Anonymousreply 29April 18, 2011 2:30 PM

Wonder what kind of cancer he had?%0D %0D I thought he came across very poorly- victim-like, resentful personality. I know cancer is about as bad as it gets- but usually those who survive it and have a billion dollars as well, tend to be able to express some appreciation of life and their luck. He did not exude much of either. Strange man- and all the conspicuous consumption etc.... almost creepy in my opinion. Very lonely man.

by Anonymousreply 30April 18, 2011 2:32 PM

He never dated Reinking, that was investment banker Herb Allen who actually married the bitch. They were set up by Merv Griffin, of all people.

by Anonymousreply 31April 18, 2011 2:51 PM

"Bill Gates is the Mary, and he's the Rhoda"%0D %0D Then HE IS gay.

by Anonymousreply 32April 18, 2011 3:25 PM

R14, the reference should be, Gates is Oprah, Allen is Gayle.

by Anonymousreply 33April 18, 2011 3:36 PM

The former satellites of the USSR and Mother Russia herself have plenty of women available for yacht duties.

by Anonymousreply 34April 18, 2011 3:47 PM

The face he made when playing guitar would have me running for the hills. He is seriously unattractive. I would think straight too, he has collected too many of his adolescent straight boy nerd fantasy objects. Except of course a hot super model.

by Anonymousreply 35April 18, 2011 4:10 PM

I am far from a Mac geek, but 60 Minutes made no mention of the contribution Steve 'The Woz' Wozniak as well as Steve Jobs made with computers at all. It was as though 60 Minutes made it out to be that Microsoft is it and that PC's have always been just it and that there is nothing else! Jobs and 'The Woz' truly have a place within the history of computers and 60 Minutes was quite remiss to not at least mention that the once.

With that out of the way...

Paul Allen pinged to high heaven on this interview. I really thought he would speak of a partner at some point in the interview because he pinged just so much. He might be conflicted or maybe even bisexual I guess.

by Anonymousreply 36April 18, 2011 5:09 PM

"Sounds reasonable. I met someone who'd crewed too. They were shitscared and wouldn't say a word (the terms of the NDA must be lethal) except to roll their eyes and say "You simply have no idea!"'

Such bs. There's always a way to spill gossip. People who say shit like that probably have nothing to actually tell.

by Anonymousreply 37April 18, 2011 5:29 PM

Was Ann Reinking a gold-digger?

by Anonymousreply 38April 18, 2011 5:36 PM

Annie was married to a guy from Seattle when she started fucking Fosse. When she was married to Allen, she was doing "Sweet Charity" so it wasn't like she had to work. All that and I suspect she would have given it all up to take back her performance at the Oscars which killed her movie career.

by Anonymousreply 39April 18, 2011 5:42 PM

I'm with Charlie at r30. He seemed terribly creepy and unjustifiably bitter in the interview. He really didn't like being compared to Howard Hughes, but there are many similarities. Despite all of his interests and money, he seems miserable. I don't think he is gay...asexual maybe.

by Anonymousreply 40April 18, 2011 5:46 PM

True, R36. And the truth is these guys were just in the right place first. Once the hardware was there, the software would have inevitably followed. If not Gates/Allen, someone else would have done it.

by Anonymousreply 41April 18, 2011 5:54 PM

I saw the interview as well,op,but try as I might,I could not find a single attractive thing about him. Someone mentioned that weird body shape-and he dresses like someone FAR older than his years.%0D %0D In his younger pics he seemed like a nice 'bear' type and he looks like he might have a nice hair body underneath those horrible clothes but the fact that he does come across as very lonely despite all the money in the world says a lot...%0D %0D He's going have one of those Leona Hemsley type deaths,where he leaves all his money to his cocka-too,or something equally bizarre...

by Anonymousreply 42April 18, 2011 6:09 PM

I also saw 60 Minutes interview. the thought that he might be gay crossed my mind, but I didn't pick up any gay vibes.

by Anonymousreply 43April 18, 2011 6:32 PM

Do people that unattractive and unappealing physically have gay sex lives? I guess they do - in one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 44April 18, 2011 7:26 PM

THIS dude?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 18, 2011 8:00 PM

Something else... what do you do with a submarine when you have a yacht with its own submarine?

by Anonymousreply 46April 19, 2011 2:53 AM

Yes R34, against their will. Also, he looks like a vampire.

by Anonymousreply 47April 19, 2011 2:58 AM

You go submarining. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 48April 19, 2011 2:59 AM

Maybe he's smart enough to know that no woman would genuinely want him, so he knows enough not to hand his money over to a marriage (because that's exactly what would be happening). Rich men tend to be delusional ("that hot young blond chick just has a thing for old, fat trolls, I swear!"), but computer nerds sometimes are a little brighter (if more socially awkward).

Or he could be gay, in which case I feel really bad for him. If he thinks -women- aren't into a dude that looks like that, look out...

by Anonymousreply 49April 19, 2011 3:01 AM

Oswald Cobblepot?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 19, 2011 3:02 AM

I met him years ago along with Bill Gates. Bill definately looked like a total geek. Paul looked more like a hippy.

by Anonymousreply 51April 19, 2011 3:06 AM

The yacht is as ugly as he is. For all that dough, he couldn't find something beautiful?

by Anonymousreply 52April 19, 2011 5:07 AM

He doesn't know what beauty is. He was involved with some Latina actress for a few years, something Harring, from Mexico, but other than that I'm sure it's been hookers all the way.

You just know that some golddigger would and could deal with him - but he's in Seattle, home of the hairy armpitted fugly bluehaired not impressed chicks who find him like we do. A troll.

Now if he had a place in Marina del Rey & Malibu they'd be crawling all over hot coals to get at him.

Someone up thread said the wealthy computer nerds are smarter than the other sociopathic wealthy bastards - I don't think so. Look at the Oracle guy who just had the nasty divorce with his golddigger.

Look at Steve Jobs - his wife probably can't wait to spend all the money.

by Anonymousreply 53April 19, 2011 5:27 AM

The only thing I've heard about Allen is that his sister is extremely protective of him to a weird extent and that she likes to keep potential girlfriends away. It seems to me if Allen were motivated enough he could get round the controlling sister and date whoever he wanted, but who knows.%0D %0D Extreme wealth can be terribly isolating, and of course it tends to attract unscrupulous individuals. Rich people are often vulnerable to predators and sociopaths. Perhaps some day Allen may share Howard Hughes's fate of being surrounded by duplicitous users.

by Anonymousreply 54April 19, 2011 5:29 AM

"And he is not in any way, shape, or form a 'superficial golddigger's dream'.%0D %0D You really are nuts, R19."%0D %0D Right, #21, because no unattractive, creepy millionaire has ever married a woman who hooked up with him solely for his money.%0D %0D I suppose you think Hef's 24 y/o fiance really loves him.%0D %0D *eye roll*%0D

by Anonymousreply 55April 19, 2011 5:40 AM

Paul Allen has dick cheese. And his taint smells like dead catfish.

by Anonymousreply 56April 19, 2011 5:45 AM

Please, he's gay. And a happy patron of male prostitutes. It's well known in Seattle.

by Anonymousreply 57April 19, 2011 5:50 AM

He's never wanted a partner only menials. He is too insecure, too psychotically competitive, to deal with adults on a level playing field.

by Anonymousreply 58April 19, 2011 7:18 AM

You see back when he got his start in business it was part of the "ritual" of business that you would insult your investors, customers, and employees and badger and berate them. It was how you convinced people that you knew your stuff, a shtick I think was borrowed from aggressive homeless panhandlers but very much current in Wall Street at the time. It just happened to coincide with Mr. Allen's damaged personality, which provides such drama naturally.%0D

by Anonymousreply 59April 19, 2011 7:20 AM

When you add and subtract all the extraordinary things about Paul Allen, it's pretty amazing he comes across as ordinary as he does. Furthermore, he could easily get away with being a hundred times the asshole he can occasionally be.

by Anonymousreply 60April 19, 2011 8:08 AM

Why doesn't he have better teeth?

by Anonymousreply 61April 19, 2011 5:12 PM

R54, you really are nuts too.%0D %0D Date whoever he wants to? Are you insane?%0D %0D Did you see the 60 Minutes piece on him?%0D %0D His body shape is extremely off-putting and gross, not to mention his whole person is gross, he has terrible teeth, and he is repellant physically. %0D %0D Gay men have such idiotic ideas of female golddiggers and what women will put up with, and that any rich hetero man can get anyone he wants. All delusional idiotic ideas.

by Anonymousreply 62April 19, 2011 5:25 PM

Classic Aspergers male.

by Anonymousreply 63April 19, 2011 5:29 PM

R62 - have you ever heard of Anna Nicole Smith.%0D %0D Female golddiggers will marry ANYONE for the right bank.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 64April 19, 2011 5:46 PM

OK--Let's stipulate: He can't get ANYONE he wants, but he can have as much pussy and as many trophy wives as he wants.

by Anonymousreply 65April 19, 2011 5:50 PM

Well, TWANS married the guy, but she couldn't stand to let him touch her. That's why she was cut out of the will.

by Anonymousreply 66April 19, 2011 5:50 PM

R65, you are nuts too.%0D %0D Did you see Paul Allen in the 60 Minutes piece?%0D %0D You must not have seen the piece or you would not be saying he can get as much pussy and trophy wives as he wants.%0D %0D The man is extremely gross and repellent physically.%0D %0D You really have no idea about women and hetero life. Stop making such ridiculous statements about something you know nothing about.

by Anonymousreply 67April 19, 2011 6:00 PM

Oh, R65, I see that you DID see the 60 Minutes piece on Paul Allen.%0D %0D That makes you even more nuts to say he could get all the pussy he wants and all the trophy wives he wants.%0D %0D You live in a delusional, distorted world of false thinking.

by Anonymousreply 68April 19, 2011 6:07 PM

R67/68--I'm not saying he's getting there on charm or beauty, but billions and billions of dollars WILL get you laid.

by Anonymousreply 69April 19, 2011 6:11 PM

What is your damage R67/ 68?%0D %0D There have been many examples posted in this thread of young beautiful women dating hideous men. %0D %0D Why do you not believe it is possible?

by Anonymousreply 70April 19, 2011 6:11 PM

When I lived in Dallas, the local weekly had a story about gold diggers and Mark Cuban. They complained about his social skills and grooming, and he is much more presentable than Allen. "He cuts his hair with nail scissors" was one comment I remember.

by Anonymousreply 71April 19, 2011 6:11 PM

*sigh* I guess I have wayyyy worse standards than the average Dallas skank. %0D %0D I'd fuck Mark Cuban even if he was just the manager at Foot Locker and not a billionaire NBA team owner.

by Anonymousreply 72April 20, 2011 4:52 AM

[quote]I'd fuck Mark Cuban even if he was just the manager at Foot Locker and not a billionaire NBA team owner.

You're a whore, darlin'...

To the poster upthread re: male hookers (too lazy to link the number)-is that common knowledge in the gay community only?

Not being a dick, I'm just surprised that hasn't been mentioned before.

by Anonymousreply 73April 20, 2011 5:14 AM

OK, question. How many of you would fuck someone like him, knowing he's so rich and that you could "benefit" from it in a big way?%0D %0D Be honest.%0D %0D I'm a girl and I wouldn't fuck him to save my life..............which probably explains why I'm poor.

by Anonymousreply 74April 20, 2011 9:41 AM

Yes, but just to see Jimi Hendrix's guitar.

by Anonymousreply 75April 20, 2011 10:32 AM

Generally, when a guy wants another naked penis in the room- he's at least bi.

by Anonymousreply 76April 20, 2011 12:59 PM

[quote]The way [R7] describes him, he would be married to a former fashion model or a Miss Universe contestant if he were straight. %0D %0D ...or if he were gay

by Anonymousreply 77May 10, 2011 12:44 PM

[quote]Why doesn't he have better teeth?

I thought I'd seen better teefs in the Faces of Meth collection. Christ, he could easily own his own staff of cosmetic dentists and a CAT scanner for that boat of his. Dental phobia?

I remember hearing Leo Laporte (The Tech Guy) ragging on him, nicely, about Allen's propensity toward acquiring hugely expensive toys to fuck with, like the former TechTV. As long as Paul is well occupied with the toy, everything's fine...when he looses interest in the plaything, you're extremely fucked.

by Anonymousreply 78May 10, 2011 1:14 PM

I don't "sympathize" with him. he's a total asshole.%0D %0D He's impossibly rich but he continues to whine about how Gates screwed him out of money. It's hard to feel sorry for a billionare who complains that he doesn't have all the money that he should have. %0D %0D He's physically repulsive. Even a golddigger would have a hard time sharing a bed with him.%0D %0D He recently put out a memoir which depicts him, unintentionally I assume, as a totally uninteresting non-entity who loves to name drop. I get the feeling that people like Bono and Paul McCartney associate with Allen simply to be entertained by a person who can provide them with literally anything. %0D %0D He comes across as a man who has money, but little else.

by Anonymousreply 79May 10, 2011 5:04 PM

I tried to google Paul Allen after reading this thread and it seems that he's got a few issues.

1. His sister is super overprotective of him, I believe she vets who he is allowed to go out with.

2. His teeth are disgusting.

3. He is a backer of many many movies and loves celebrities. He loves to associate with celebs, loves to back movies (not as a producer but as one of the money bags who give the producers money).

4. He let Angie and the brats live in one of his French homes for free....I'm sure he's backed one of her movies or one of Pitt's movies or more than one.

5. His need for celeb admiration is creepy, it's as creepy as Hearst who forced actors to PERFORM skits for him or else.

by Anonymousreply 80May 10, 2011 5:27 PM

[quote]Allen lives on a six-acre gated compound -- where his mother and his sister and her family also have homes -- on Seattle's tony Mercer Island.

Ew.

by Anonymousreply 81May 10, 2011 5:58 PM

His sister looks very dykey. Jo Lynn Allen pic at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 10, 2011 6:02 PM

Bigger pic of sister.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 10, 2011 6:05 PM

This thread is fucking hilarious. Newsflash: MOST PEOPLE ARE UGLY. And yes, they do nevertheless still have sex with other people! Those of you idiots arguing the farce that "golddiggers don't really exist" are either idiots, terribly naive and/or haven't ever actually *met* any. (I have, and I've met stunning women married to hideous men much less rich than Paul Allen.)

Why isn't Allen married? Newsflash #2: NOT ALL STRAIGHT PEOPLE GET MARRIED. Paul Allen can get hot ass all over the globe, whether it be from call girls or Holly Golightly types whose affections can be bought with baubles, so why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? (more or less)

by Anonymousreply 84May 10, 2011 6:13 PM

Paul Allen asked me and my friends for money back in 1979. But even if we had KNOWN that he would become one of the richest people in the world, the equity interest he offered in return was so small it STILL might not have been worthwhile. Naturally he berated us for not giving it to him and for being generally stupid and unworthy. But I didn't have any money and I could only have gotten my share from my father. My father I thought would have required more time to check it out than Allen wanted to give (48 hours). Later I found out my father might have done it because he already knew who Paul Allen was. But Allen's demeanor, his three piece suit in 80 degree weather, his stench, his refusal to explain what he would use the money for or how he would make profits were my first exposure, at age 18, to the way business is conducted on the money end.%0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 85May 10, 2011 6:40 PM

Paul, of all person is a mix a a boy and a genius, not really fit to deal with all the shit and jealousy that come with sudden wealth...it's easy to say the most awful and bitchy comments, but at the end of the day he is just not confortable in social matter and doesn't know how to communicate...but the brightest mind I ever met...and to make everybody shut up...he isn't gay!!!! just lock up in an ivory tower that's keeping him away from reality (too much control by an "entourage")...and "normal" women...simple but sad.Please stop spreading shit like plague...

by Anonymousreply 86August 18, 2011 6:22 AM

R84 and R86, Paul is painfully icky and painfully unattractive and no woman would go near him with the way he looks and dresses and with his horrible body and body image.%0D %0D He is extraordinarily geeky in looks and body and unappealing physically.%0D %0D He wears his pants really high with a sunken chest and protruding belly. Everything about him as a potential date or romantic partner is an enormous turnoff.

by Anonymousreply 87August 18, 2011 6:51 AM

My sister worked for him at Vulcan. The rules on how to interact with him are incredibly detailed. One example: if he's in an elevator and it stops for you to get on you weren't allowed in. No female employee(s) could EVER be alone with him so as to avoid possible sexual harrassement cases. In a conference he came in last and left first- all others had to wait.%0D %0D There isn't one inch of his spectacular Mercer Island compound that isn't monitored or patroled 24/7.%0D %0D And one last tidbit- he sold his private 757 aircraft to the one and only Donald Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 18, 2011 8:44 AM

He is certainly not a genius, indeed, he is probably a little below average in intelligence.%0D

by Anonymousreply 89August 18, 2011 3:35 PM

Reading how vicious all of you folks are? No wonder his sister tries to protect him. That in itself can be a difficult thing for a guy but at least someone has his back. Being single is hard enough at his age. Being rich and single and a decent guy? Harder and all of you? His sister is into the Hollywood gossip stuff. The lives of famous people is not that great a thing not really. Total lack of privacy and then you Jackels circling around and speculating. His sister and he are smart enough to money off of it. What you write and project? Venom you are the vampires. Living off of other peoples pain and life dramas? The guy isn't bad looking and his body shape? Well he could work out I guess but he has been ill. Maybe he has been trying to reserve his energies. His sister obviously loves him. Smart lady and he heck yeah a genius and a sensitive soul. Have you read any of the lyrics from his songs? I have never been one to notice who is rich and who is not. You guys? You are leaches if not vampires and thrive on speculations and rumors. Whatever...

by Anonymousreply 90March 29, 2012 1:35 AM

[quote][R84] and [R86], Paul is painfully icky and painfully unattractive and no woman would go near him with the way he looks and dresses and with his horrible body and body image.

Yeah, and women were all over this guy for his looks:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91March 29, 2012 1:47 AM

[quote]Billionaire Paul Allen, 58, never married.

And once the billions were made, perhaps nothing has helped him hold onto them so much as not getting married.

by Anonymousreply 92March 29, 2012 2:07 AM

Love Mercer Island..my friend takes his kids trick or treating near Allen's home....Yes, there are security guards.

My friend used to work for Microsoft so I hear about Gates...nothing about Allen other than all the causes he donates to.

by Anonymousreply 93March 29, 2012 2:22 AM

why did r90 bump this thread to complain about it 8 months after it died?

seriously sounds like a family member or allen himself who stumbled on this via google.

in which case, sorry if anything in this thread has caused you pain personally. but not sorry for discussing on the internet an interview on 60 minutes that paul allen didn't have to participate in if he didn't want the public spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 94March 29, 2012 3:14 AM

I met Paul Allen once and he was a very nice man with a very kind and gentle spirit. I hope he will find the perfect woman that he can enjoy life with. He seemed to be a bit on the shy side so he'll need to get hoppin' as time is slipping.

by Anonymousreply 95March 31, 2012 4:46 PM

I'm getting an "autism spectrum" impression from what I've read about the guy. This could explain a seemingly rigid inability to get off the subject of Gates' perceived slight, as well as his genius for... uh computers.

by Anonymousreply 96March 31, 2012 5:07 PM

R95 you aren't getting a piece of his money for being a suckup, either.

by Anonymousreply 97April 2, 2012 2:16 PM

Paul Allen has made one of the most important contributions to mankind with "The Allen Brain Institute".

by Anonymousreply 98April 9, 2012 4:17 AM

Sad Old Closetcase.

by Anonymousreply 99April 9, 2012 5:38 PM

Not a very intelligent approach R98. The interest is in the genetic code of the brain, which is simpler, than in the brain itself.

by Anonymousreply 100April 9, 2012 6:52 PM

Well with his money a lot of women will be interested.

by Anonymousreply 101December 15, 2013 2:55 PM

What a lonely life...how does one know the real deal vs the woman after his dollars?

by Anonymousreply 102January 10, 2014 4:29 PM

Someone like that wouldn't want "the real deal" because he wouldn't understand someone who wasn't primarily money-motivated. He would disbelieve any talk of love that contains no price information.

by Anonymousreply 103January 10, 2014 9:46 PM

Most men just want to have sex, then go play with their toys.

by Anonymousreply 104January 10, 2014 10:12 PM

[quote]Weren't there stories about how someone would hire all these women to spend time on his yacht for pay? I recall reading somewhere that Paris Hilton, among others, was one of the women. I don't know if the women were for him or his guests or both.

Yes, I remember those stories. It was Paris and her entire hooker crew (Nicole, Kim, etc.) who worked his yacht.

Whether he actually participated, I have no idea. If he's known on the Seattle rentboy circuit then he hired the pros for his guests. t

by Anonymousreply 105January 10, 2014 10:38 PM

Maybe not so lonely. But this was a while back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106January 10, 2014 11:06 PM

Latest story on the Allens, Paul and sister Jody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107January 10, 2014 11:17 PM

I met him and some members of his family. Boring and so-humbly-and-normal-guy-like full of himself.

And the vibe was "loser straight."

by Anonymousreply 108January 10, 2014 11:24 PM

In addition to elephant ivory, the sister was smuggling giraffe bones and penguin skulls? Is there a reason someone would do that?

by Anonymousreply 109January 10, 2014 11:38 PM

Well, R109, this other article appeared about the bone smuggling - his sister might be a gatherer/hoarder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 10, 2014 11:56 PM

His Seahawks are SWEET! He seems to be a humble kind of guy from what I see.

by Anonymousreply 111January 20, 2014 8:25 PM

what a couple of nutcases.

by Anonymousreply 112January 20, 2014 8:53 PM

no nuts...no glory!

by Anonymousreply 113February 9, 2014 7:42 PM

A very rare occurrence of uber private Paul Allen allowing himself to be photographed at a Seahawks game with a date, and actually smiling. Yes, billions and billions will get you arm candy. Could he at last have found the right lucky woman?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114September 16, 2014 3:11 AM

There is another rare news item concerning the Allen brother and sister team. Jody Allen is stepping down as CEO of her brother's company, Vulcan, in Seattle, where employees have been posting scathing reviews of her on glassdoor.com (a good read). The security obsessed pair is nearly always treated with kid gloves by local media, and gossip is hard to find (except on DL of course.) I had never heard of Paul Allen until I saw this thread and find him oddly fascinating (the secrecy, the spending, the failed investments to the tune of $12+billions, etc.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115October 28, 2014 3:45 AM

People here in the Northwest have known for years that Paul Allen is a major peter puffer. He has a reputation up in Vancouver BC as a major curb troller.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116February 17, 2015 6:22 PM

So help me, I couldn't imagine having sex with him, even for a million bucks.

I just couldn't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117February 18, 2015 1:37 AM

[quote]My sister worked for him at Vulcan. The rules on how to interact with him are incredibly detailed. One example: if he's in an elevator and it stops for you to get on you weren't allowed in.

I have to call bullshit on this. I used to work in downtown Bellevue, Wash., in the same building (same floor even) where Vulcan had its first offices. One morning, I got in the elevator & noticed this guy wearing jeans & a House of Blues sweatshirt. A woman got on after me & said "Hi Paul!" He seemed like a nice, down-to-earth normal guy—well, as normal as a guy who at the time was worth $30 billion could be ;)

by Anonymousreply 118February 18, 2015 1:52 AM

I know almost nothing about him and didnt see the interview. Never been married and lonely..... I immediately thought of aspergers as a possibility. Im sure Howard Huges suffered from it, mentioned it because of the comparison in the interview.. In Hughes case, the taking apart radios and engines, etc as a kid is classic Aspergers.

Not appropo of anything but Allen owns Rock Hudson s former house on Beverly Crest in LA. However he bought up neighboring houses and the property and house are now enormously enlarged. When I was living in Santa Fe I remember reading he owned one of the biggest estates/properties (historic I think) in Santa Fe. He owns a lot of material things......when you start out with a boatload of microsoft shares and it proceeds to spit 10 times in 15 years and is currently trading at over $900 a share, I guess you have a hell of a lot of money to burn.

by Anonymousreply 119October 15, 2018 10:57 PM

He's dead. at 65. very young.

by Anonymousreply 120October 15, 2018 11:16 PM

I can't believe you found a thread from 2011. I can't even find a thread from last week. RIP, Paul.

by Anonymousreply 121October 15, 2018 11:42 PM

Dragon sister Jody is now in charge. Not a pleasant person by many accounts.

by Anonymousreply 122October 16, 2018 2:27 AM

Is Paul Allen's sister "Mariam" to his "Tony Polar"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123October 16, 2018 3:43 AM

"Why doesn't he have better teeth?"

Because geeks don't understand that stuff.

by Anonymousreply 124October 16, 2018 3:51 AM

He looked 80

by Anonymousreply 125October 16, 2018 1:01 PM

All right, I'm ashamed to ask, but I have to: what does %OD stand for?

by Anonymousreply 126October 16, 2018 1:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!