Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Paula Yates, Michael Hutchence, and Bob Geldof

The epitome of white trash! Holy fuck!

I've been reading about this lot.

We all know that Yates and Geldof were married. She was a major drug addict, even attempted to take her life. She then shacks up with Hutchence, has a kid, and we know what happened to him -- "suicide" (??) She says later that she believes that he could have killed himself with a noose while jerking off. This is the opposite story she gave to investigators. I'm sure that the authorities and coroner would have been able to tell if this was the case. Many say that she had threatened Hutchence to marry her or she was taking his kid away. Apparently, she pulled this same stunt the day he was found dead. Some even think he was murdered because of the way he was found.

Hutchence died in 1997. Yates died of a heroin overdose in 2000, leaving behind a bunch of kids, including the one she had with Hutchence. More about Paula: she found out that the person she thought was her father, wasn't. It was some game show host.

The names of her children: Fifi Trixibelle Geldof (born 1983), Peaches Honeyblossom Geldof (born 1989), Little Pixie Geldof (born 1990), Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily Hutchence Geldof (born 1996)

Anyhoo, she dies, and Geldof runs and petitions to adopt the Hutchence kid, before any of her or Hutchence's family gets the chance to do the same. Because he files first, they all have to be OK'ed by him to also petition -- WTF?!

Yates had said that Geldof was a lunatic, screaming that he was, "above the law".

Now, we have all these scandals involving his kids, having drunken orgies, drug binges, etc.

There's a ton more, the real sleazy shit, but these are pretty much the hard facts. They are one fucked up lot.

Geldof, yeah, the asshole fame whore charity seeker, (Live Aid), is all into the father laws, you know, the ones that basically want to stick it to the mother of their kid.

So, what's your take on Yates, Hutchence, and Geldof? With Hutchence, how do you think he really died? Does Geldof get on your nerves with his fame whoring? Do you remember Yates' career as a TV presenter. She first met Hutchence doing an interview, and it can be seen on Youtube.

by Anonymousreply 157November 29, 2020 9:11 PM

According to Paula, they fucked a half hour after this interview:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 20, 2011 12:42 AM

he was so f-ing hot!

by Anonymousreply 2March 20, 2011 12:58 AM

Dear God, WTF was he messing with this used up whore and mother of 4 kids. Yeesh!

by Anonymousreply 3March 20, 2011 1:54 AM

To be fair, she was the mother of only three kids when he started messing with her, R3.

by Anonymousreply 4March 20, 2011 1:59 AM

she was confident - that's the secret. he was into her, too.

by Anonymousreply 5March 20, 2011 2:11 AM

Paula was very appealing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 20, 2011 2:17 AM

I used to watch her interviews every morning on that show. Bob produced the show%0D %0D She also had a long ffair with Rupert Everett back in the early 80s, He writes all about it in his book.%0D %0D Here she is interviewing Keanu. I dont know why the clips are so dodgy in quality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 20, 2011 2:21 AM

She must of had a wild set of grippers in that pussy of hers.

by Anonymousreply 8March 20, 2011 2:27 AM

"According to Paula, they fucked a half hour after this interview:" Was that the way she conducted all her interviews? Wrapping her legs around her guests? I knew the interviews on her show were conducted in a bed, but I had no idea she was so physical with her guests. Was she still married to Geldof during this interview?? I don't know much about Paula Yates, just that she hosted a UK TV show and whatever the Brit music papers, NME and Melody Maker said about her at the time I was reading those papers. She seemed like a typical bleached blond bimbo airhead.

by Anonymousreply 9March 20, 2011 2:29 AM

[quote]Was she still married to Geldof during this interview??%0D %0D Yes.%0D %0D She really was pretty tacky. Her dramatic death (& life) seem to have given her some sort of gravitas.%0D %0D She was horrified to discover, later in life, that her real father was the awful, 60s Tv presenter, Hughie Green.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 20, 2011 2:36 AM

Listened to some INXS today. That fellow could sing.

by Anonymousreply 11March 20, 2011 2:37 AM

This is when Paula & Michael met. The sexual cues they are both throwing are intense.

by Anonymousreply 12March 20, 2011 2:54 AM

One of the daughters, Peaches, was handed a "modeling" career despite the fact that she's a true skag.

by Anonymousreply 13March 20, 2011 2:54 AM

Here's the link I forgot:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 20, 2011 2:59 AM

Actually, looking at those clips reminds me of a much more fun era in England. Not a great era, but a more light hearted and spontaneous one. Better pop music. Live and lively TV shows. No one wearing morbid black.

by Anonymousreply 15March 20, 2011 3:18 AM

I read some tell-all book that one of Paula's friends wrote after her death, something like "Paula, Michael and Bob: What Really Happened." %0D %0D The most interesting bit was that the friend was snooping around Paula's house while babysitting, she had found drugs and was looking for more. Found Polaroids of Paula and Michael wearing PVC bondage gear while Paula penetrated Michael with a strap-on. %0D %0D The author's theory was that Paula felt she just HAD to commit these 'depraved' acts to keep Michael and was using drugs to deal with her resulting feelings of self-loathing (because obviously no-one could enjoy doing that, or enjoy drugs for drugs' sake!)

by Anonymousreply 16March 20, 2011 5:06 AM

Are you trying to get someone to suggest that Paula murdered Michael, OP?

by Anonymousreply 17March 20, 2011 5:43 AM

It's been suggested that what she did to him that morning, set him off, r17. The noose/jerking off thing came from Paula a few years later after she was still unable to deal with his death. It's likely that he simply committed suicide. If that's the case, she's the scum of the Earth.

by Anonymousreply 18March 20, 2011 6:16 AM

Does anyone know where I can watch this online? I'm in the US and the BBC iPlayer won't work for us, plus it's nearly three years old. Hughie Green, Most Sincerely starring Trevor Eve

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 20, 2011 8:17 AM

>>We all know that Yates and Geldof were married. She was a major drug addict, even attempted to take her life. She then shacks up with Hutchence

She wrote in her memoirs that she first snorted heroin at some ridiculously early age like 11 or 12, but she was actually teetotal while she was with Bob, and didn't start up on drugs and suicide attempts until with MH.

>>Many say that she had threatened Hutchence to marry her or she was taking his kid away

Actually, his mother (now deceased) and (half)sister claimed that Paula would repeatedly tell Michael that if he ever left her, she would kill herself and Tigerlily. His mother stated that she believed Paula repeated that threat to Michael in their last phone conversation and thus drove him to suicide.

by Anonymousreply 20March 20, 2011 9:48 AM

UK THE MIRROR

FAREWELL PAULA 1959-2000: I WAS WITH THEM WHEN THEY MET... I JUST WISH I'D FORCED THEM APART

THE love between Paula Yates and Michael Hutchence set both on a path to destruction. Video director NICK EGAN, above, was Michael's best friend and today he reveals exclusively to the Sunday Mirror the truth about their doomed lifestyle of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll.IHAVE no doubts that Paula and Michael loved each other but there are some kinds of love which just aren't healthy.

There is a love so passionate and obsessive, it is destructive. And the proof of that is in what's happened to them both.

I was there the night they got together. I just wish now that I could have forced the two of them apart.

At the the time Paula didn't drink or take drugs and I only found out later about Michael's heroin habit. Their relationship was a strong one, yet Michael couldn't resist other women - and had other lovers in the months before his death.

It was spring 1995 when Michael and Paula - who I had known since 1977 when she was with Bob Geldof - fell for each other. Michael had just done that famous Big Breakfast interview on the bed with her. I was working with Duran Duran on their video for White Lines.

A crowd of us went to the Hilton Hotel hotel and got wasted before moving on to Simon Le Bon's house in South London. Michael was still with Helena Christensen, the supermodel, who stayed behind at the Hilton.

We were all sitting together in Simon's living room when Michael said to me: "Paula and I are going upstairs now." We knew there was something going on. There was a kind of electricity between them.

The next day I asked him: "Michael what are you doing? What about Helena?" and he replied: "We didn't have sex you know." They were both on ecstasy, in a bedroom, and he expected me to believe they didn't have sex?

Paula was immediately hooked on Michael. She was mad about him. When Helena found out Michael bought her a $20,000 antique necklace, to say: "I'm sorry." I told him that was a confession - that the bigger the gift, the bigger the lie.

People used to think I was crazy to like Paula - there was certainly a side to her that was ditzy and over-the-top flirtatious. But another side was incredibly intelligent, caring and loving.

I spent a three-week holiday with Michael and Paula in the South of France just before Tiger was born. I'd recently broken up with the mother of my son, Paula had split up with Bob, and Michael had just finished with Helena.

Even on holiday, Paula always looked immaculate - she was the eternal sex bomb. She was not a woman you ever saw in sweatpants.

The nurturing Paula was very tender to my son Roman, Michael's godchild. She wanted to have a baby and every morning I would carry Roman, who was 15 months old, into Michael and Paula's bedroom and the three of them would have breakfast together.

That was a very important time for them both and it was the happiest I ever saw them. In fact she later said that Roman had inspired Michael to have a child.

All three of Paula's children by Bob were there - Fifi, Pixie and Peaches - and it was clear they had inherited her tenderness.

But back in London, Paula and Michael seemed permanently paranoid. They built a huge wall at their place in Clapham because they felt they were in enemy territory.

Compared to Paula, Michael's other girlfriends ruined his rock and roll image. In the early days Kylie Minogue was too goody-two-shoes and Helena was in the awful fashion crowd.

Michael was two people - he was like Paula in that respect. He was an incredibly loving father, but he was also a wild rock and roller. On one of his wildest most outrageous nights before he met Paula we were drinking in a late night bar in King's Cross.

A woman who looked like Siouxsie from the Banshees on a bad night started chatting to Michael. It was obvious she was a prostitute. He was fascinated by women like her and took her back to his hotel. I said to him, "You have Helena Christiansen at home - why risk it all for HER?"

Among a few things I didn't know about Michael was that he was on heroin. That came from hanging out in Los Angeles - with the druggie celebrity set who frequented the Viper Room, where River Phoenix died.

WHILE in LA he started dating an American woman called Erin. It was towards the end of Michael's life and Paula had flown from London with their daughter Tiger Lily.

But on Paula's first night in LA he didn't want to stay in the hotel with her - even though she'd travelled all that way to be with him.

He told Paula he was going out with me, but he was in fact seeing Erin. I had found out about Erin when I walked in to Michael's hotel room in San Francisco. She was in his bed. It made it worse that he was on the phone to Paula at the time. Erin was seeing Michael for a few months before he died. Her father was a political aide and she seemed a very nice girl.

She wasn't the only one. He had already had a fling with a model called Caroline Rorich, who I'd used in a Cornetto commercial. He got away with it because we were in South Africa, then she sold her story and he panicked. He didn't see her after that.

There was even another girl he had been seeing at the end. She was young and seemed very naive, fragile and quiet, not Michael's normal type at all. But she was also a heroin addict and rumoured to be a stripper.

After Michael's death she came to see me, I think she wanted endorsement from Michael's trusted friend. It was clear they had known each other for a long time and he had been fond of her.

Paula must have sensed something was going on. And it was messing her up. If I had to put a bet on someone dying it was Paula in LA. She was on anti-depressants and there was a point when security at the hotel where she was staying had to break into her room because Tiger was crying and Paula had passed out.

When I first knew Paula she didn't drink or take drugs. But when she got to LA she would knock back three pina coladas in a row. She just wanted to get loaded.

Michael would do an eclectic mix of drugs - and he drank. He was always very experimental with sex and substances. Paula by this time was emotionally over the top and unable to cope.

One day she went out to get bagels and she was so out of it that she came back with 30. When Michael asked her why, she said: "I've got some for Nick and Ann (my wife)." Michael told her we weren't there, we were at home.

It was a horrible period. Paula had an awful fight with Michael's mother Patricia during a family dinner. Patricia saw the state of her and shouted: "Pull yourself together." I sensed there was also a distaste from Michael's sister Tina.

It was three weeks before he died and he just wasn't the same old Michael. He was sad. He was vacant. It was all he could do to take the pressure of what was going on. He was also beside himself over the way public opinion was against Paula. Bob Geldof's power in the media was important and Paula couldn't get a job when she was sacked from the Big Breakfast.

People saw Geldof as St Bob, and Michael and Paula as evil. Michael told me that he was going marry Paula, but I know he was pondering it rather than taking action. I think partly it was to help with custody of the children.

HIS one shred of hope was getting Paula and the children to Australia so Paula could get a job and they could start a new life.

But Paula wouldn't leave England without her children. Ultimately the drugs and the custody battles destroyed Michael and Paula. I can categorically say that Michael loved Paula very much. He might have had other women, but he wanted to take care of her. As well as being very loving Paula was an obsessive person, she loved Michael - I mean unbelievably loved him.

In LA she was trying to have another baby, she carried her pregnancy kit everywhere with her. She was taking fertility drugs - I think she would even have liked to have quintuplets. It was all getting too much for Michael.

Paula was on a self-destruct course. There was the drink and this thing about heroin. She seemed to have a death wish. Paula was a British Marilyn Monroe, though much smarter. She was never taken seriously, always seen as the dizzy blonde on the verge of collapse.

She liked her ecstasy, but she'd say to Michael: "We'll do that once a month. We'll have fun, and then we'll leave it for a bit."

Maybe towards the end she might have done more than Michael to try and outdo him. And then after he died, I'm sure she did it because she just couldn't live without him.

-Nick Egan was talking to JANE JOHNSON

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 20, 2011 9:54 AM

I remember that story R16 and my recollection is a little different. It was a kid who found the pics, not a friend. She was a young (teenaged??) babysitter and what she saw in the pics shocked her enough that she felt the kids might not be safe with M and P. %0D %0D Not sure if the babysitter reported them to the police or what, but whatever her actions were, Michael felt it necessary to comment publicly about it. He said that the person who found the skin pics of them was young and inexperienced and did not realize what she saw was "sex play" among consenting adults.%0D %0D I do believe, however, that it's plausible that Paula engaged in any and all "depraved acts" to keep him. Look at her and look at him. He was a gorgeous sex god who could have had any woman he wanted.

by Anonymousreply 22March 20, 2011 9:56 AM

Conspiracy theories and Paula Yates

I met Paula Yates when we were both 17, and we loathed each other from the word go ... she envied my cred, I envied her confidence

* o o Share o Reddit o Buzz up

* Julie Burchill * o Julie Burchill o The Guardian, Saturday 30 September 2000 o Article history

And the cant just keeps on coming - last weekend, the death of Paula Yates continued to push wars, famine and the fallout from Big Brother Bernie Ecclestone off the front pages of the nation's newspapers. If one is of a conspiracist set of mind, one might imagine that Paula had been sleeping with the president (sorry, prime minister), perhaps - as her great heroine Marilyn Monroe had done in her day - and that, when she threatened, in a last desperate midnight phone call to make their affair public, MI5 was sent in to do their stuff with a vodka bottle and a hypodermic. Just in time for the party conference.

What's that, you say? It's a load of old codswallop? Well, yes, if you want to nitpick. But it's certainly no more ludicrous than the rest of the swill that has been written about this woman since her death. The one truly alarming thing that Yates's death did reveal to me was not about the madness of modern society, but rather about the silliness of serious newspapers. It revealed, rather shockingly, that the broadsheet press is now home to even more Sob Sisters than the traditionally mocked tabloids.

Come on down, Muriel, Justine, Jane, Deborah, Yvonne. The byline was different, but the sob remained the same: Paula Yates Died For Our Sins; Paula Yates, Innocent Victim Of A Feeding-Frenzied Media; Tragic Paula, Broken Butterfly On The Wheel Of Misogyny. Paula, We Hardly Knew You! What Are We Doing? What Does It Mean? Where Are We Going? Where Have We Been? What's It All About, Alfie! Muriel Gray, who I can only hope has since been sedated, went so far as to write of Yates that she was the most powerful British female role model of our age - a role model, in a country that contains Barbara Castle, Dr Sheila Cassidy and Kate Moss. A role model whose currency was blowjobs and breast enhancement. In the words of the great Jim Royle: Arse.

I'll put my cards on the table here. I met Paula when we were both 17, and we loathed each other from the word go. I came back to my desk at the NME one afternoon, and she was sitting on it, legs wide apart, no knickers, screeching at the top of her voice about sex. I was, without doubt, a stuck-up little madam, but I'd never seen anything so gross in my life.

I've read many times since that Paula was a part of "the London punk scene", but this wasn't true at all; she never went to the Roxy or the Vortex, and she didn't know any of the groups - the Clash, Sex Pistols, the Jam or even, God help her, the Damned. I actually knew the groupies of the time, and they were intelligent, hard-working young women of working-class extraction, with names such as Sue and Tracey and Debbie, who were (and punk was unique in this, as far as I know) respected by the bands as mates and equals who just happened to get a lot of shagging done. None of these girls would have dreamed of giving any musician a blowjob 20 minutes after meeting him (and especially not Bob Geldof - Jesus!); that was sad, tacky, 60s free-love shit.

Touchingly, Paula couldn't even be a groupie properly. She was too needy, too clammy. No wonder the other Boomtown Rats called her "The Limpet"; as Queen Groupie titles go, it's hardly "The Mouth" or "Platinum Pussy", is it?

She envied me my cred; I envied her her confidence. We never stopped loathing each other. Our last point of contact was when a mutual friend tried to make peace, and she spat at him, "Don't talk about that woman to me, because it's like talking to the Jews about Hitler" - a remark, it must be said, that in its sheer self-importance and tastelessness was typical of Paula. Nevertheless, our lives ran parallel. We both got married at 19 to stroppy, bossy horrors, and had children. In 1995, we both left our husbands for rather more exciting young lovers. I remember being in bed with my girlfriend at Blakes Hotel when I heard that Paula and Michael Hutchence had just been ambushed by the paparazzi coming out of a hotel - not as classy a one as Blakes, though - a few streets away; I remember feeling really clever that I was "invisible", and that I could commit adultery without paying the price of public ridicule and reprimand. Eight weeks later, my lady love and I were splashed all over the tabloid press and my mother was crying inconsolably down the phone, on top of nursing my dad through the cancer that would soon kill him. Served me right.

We both lost custody of our children to bitter, self-righteous men, and suffered further media bullying about our suitability as mothers. We both took up with younger men, though mine turned out to be a total gem and hers turned out to be a parade of junkies, jokes and kiss-and-sellers. We both bought houses by the seaside, but, whereas I turned my back on London, Paula hung on in there, falling out of her dress at pap-infested parties and premieres. Keeping one foot in this arena meant, inevitably, that Paula would fret about her fading beauty, which was not a problem for me. Though I was a beautiful young woman, my looks were only ever the icing on the cake - writing was what really mattered. A good writer, when she could be bothered, Paula neglected her craft in favour of frocks and famous men; she expected to have an easy ride through life because she was blonde and fluffy.

For a reputedly smart woman, why didn't she realise that being blonde and fluffy is no basis on which to build a life, and that Baby Doll turns to Baby Jane pretty damned quick if held a beat too long? F Scott Fitzgerald wrote of poor mad, dead Zelda, "Too late, she realised that work is the only dignity." Paula, with her fantasies of being a perfect 50s homemaker, never realised this.

No doubt having learned from our initial rejection and belated recognition of Monroe as a comrade in the sex war, we are always ready to claim any woman as a "sister" when she dies young. But there is a happy medium between being catty and being over-emotional. Paula was not Marilyn, and she was certainly not the Princess of Wales; she had no resonance or significance for society as a whole, just to the people who loved her, which was surely enough. Let her be remembered, then, as a person, and by those who knew her; not as a symbol, a syndrome or a modern malaise by the Sob Sisters, however sympathetic, who didn't. Let her go.

by Anonymousreply 23March 20, 2011 10:09 AM

Michael slept with guys before INXS. I don't know if he still did so afterward. It was always a well known fact. It wasn't covered up. I don't think he gave a shit who knew.

by Anonymousreply 24March 20, 2011 10:22 AM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 25March 20, 2011 10:28 AM

[quote]I'm sure that the authorities and coroner would have been able to tell if this was the case.

Not necessarily. If there was no note, it could be either suicide or autoerotic asphyxiation, or sex play with other(s) that went awry.

by Anonymousreply 26March 20, 2011 11:17 AM

[quote]Anyhoo, she dies, and Geldof runs and petitions to adopt the Hutchence kid, before any of her or Hutchence's family gets the chance to do the same. Because he files first, they all have to be OK'ed by him to also petition -- WTF?!

I seem to remember the Hutchence family, back in Aus, being demonized. Didn't one of MH's sisters want to bring the girl to Australia to have MH's family raise her and it was made to sound has if that would have been the worst possible solution?.

by Anonymousreply 27March 20, 2011 11:31 AM

[italic]Not necessarily. If there was no note, it could be either suicide or autoerotic asphyxiation, or sex play with other(s) that went awry.[/italic]

Honey, if your pants are down, you have a hard on, and/or, you have porn of an kind, and/or lube, you can tell if someone was in the act of sexual play.

by Anonymousreply 28March 20, 2011 11:42 AM

I seriously had no idea Paula Yates had died.%0D %0D And I have no idea who Julie Burchill is, but I think she hit the nail on the head.

by Anonymousreply 29March 20, 2011 12:41 PM

R22, maybe the babysitter found the drugs and called Paula's friend to come round? I remember the friend being angry about seeing the drugs because her own kids went over to Paula's house to play and the thought that any of the kids might come across the drugs scared her.%0D %0D I'll look for the book and see if I can come up with any more gossip. %0D %0D And from R23's post -- I'd love to be known as "The Mouth"!

by Anonymousreply 30March 20, 2011 12:55 PM

Julie Burchill is every bit as psychotic and ego-centric as she makes Yates out to be. Very angry woman, who if I recall, proclaimed that Dolly Parton's "9 to 5" was a hidden agenda for the communist lifestyle.%0D %0D I normally don't feel bad for celebrity offspring, but those kids didn't stand a chance from the word go.

by Anonymousreply 31March 20, 2011 1:18 PM

[quote]Very angry woman, who if I recall, proclaimed that Dolly Parton's "9 to 5" was a hidden agenda for the communist lifestyle.%0D %0D I have to hear more on this... please do tell.%0D %0D And yes, she seems quite bitter, but Ms. Burchill speaks the truth on this one. Paula Yates was no role model, icon or (BWAHAHAHA) Marilyn Monroe. She nailed that one, bitter or not.%0D %0D Paula Yates was cute and interesting for about 5 minutes. She had nothing that transcended the mid-80s pop thing, and she was apparently a skanky drugged out whore.%0D %0D He, so was I in the 80s. I'm not judging. But I grew up, and I didn't drag little kids into it.

by Anonymousreply 32March 20, 2011 1:26 PM

How soon after that interview on the bed did they get together?

by Anonymousreply 33March 20, 2011 1:31 PM

Read R33 - it's already been posted. %0D %0D Please, no one tell him. Make him read it for himself.

by Anonymousreply 34March 20, 2011 1:46 PM

ugh such a shame he hooked up with her.

by Anonymousreply 35March 20, 2011 1:55 PM

Allegedly Paula had pursued Michael after the FIRST interview, contrary to her claims that he invited her to his hotel room and she primly said "I've got a baby!". She was so persistent that INXS's tour manager had to ask her to leave him alone, and she replied "I'm going to have that boy." They started their affair well before the bed interview.

Tiger looks EXACTLY like Michael Hutchence. I remember that the family had acrimony towards Geldof but there was also a lot of acrimony internally. Michael had not spoken with his mother for years, and his father fully supported the plan for Geldof to raise Tiger. I think he suspected that his ex-wife and her daughter were motivated more by money than by any concern for Tiger.

Anyhow, the grandma recently died:

Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily Hutchence Geldof will not attend her grandmother Patricia Glassop's funeral tomorrow, at Nerang in Queensland, because her adoptive father, Bob Geldof, is fearful of the media attention she would attract. So says Tiger Lily's uncle, Rhett Hutchence, who also told The Diary that the INXS song By My Side will be sung at his mother's funeral. 'We will choose four songs,' he said. 'I discussed it with Mum before she died, she wanted us to play By My Side. I asked her and that's what she wanted. The other three will probably be Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald and Burt Bacharach.' (By My Side was also played at the funeral of Tiger Lily's father, Michael Hutchence. 'All the Hutchences will get that played at their funeral, whether they like it or not,' said Rhett.) Hutchence has in the past had a bitter relationship with Geldof, who gained custody of - and later adopted - Tiger Lily when her mother, Paula Yates, Geldof's former wife, died (Geldof had three children with Yates, Tiger Lily's half-sisters Fifi Trixiebelle, Peaches and Pixie.) But this week he was philosophical. 'I did talk to Tiger about coming, and Bob as well. It was a bit too hard to be organised. He's [Bob] still funny about the press. If they [the press] knew she was coming it would be a shitfight, and Bob thought it best to keep her out of the spotlight as much as possible, which is admirable.' Hutchence said Geldof was in New York when they spoke. 'He sent his condolences, and I believe him, too. He texted me as well, and said 'Even though we've had our differences, I want you [to know] my thoughts are with you'.' Hutchence added: 'Tiger has lost two grandparents in the past month. She lost Bob's father four weeks ago.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 20, 2011 1:56 PM

There's a documentary on youtube about the whole sordid thing:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 20, 2011 6:12 PM

What's with Paula's Aussie accent in the documentary? It's heavier than Michael's.

by Anonymousreply 38March 20, 2011 6:27 PM

I loved The Tube, it was fabby.

by Anonymousreply 39March 20, 2011 6:39 PM

more info, this is good!

by Anonymousreply 40March 20, 2011 7:45 PM

There was an even better documentary called THE REAL PAULA YATES on youtube, but it's gone now.

by Anonymousreply 41March 20, 2011 7:56 PM

What did men see in Paula Yates? She was fug, crazy and disgusting.

Michael Hutchence left Helena Christiansen for that? I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 42March 20, 2011 7:57 PM

here's what I don't get: how is it that Bob Geldof is so rich that he and his kids can afford to do nothing? He was in a mediocre (at best) band in the early 80s and organized Live Aid, but how could be so rich that he's this international celebrity and his kids hang out with the London fashionista crowd?

by Anonymousreply 43March 20, 2011 8:06 PM

r42, Paula had a kind of passion for life and sense of the ridiculous that was absolutely captivating. Nothing was taken seriously. She wore scarlet at her wedding to Geldof, for feck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 44March 20, 2011 8:11 PM

According to celebritynetworth Geldof is worth $70 million. Although it is probably not accurate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 20, 2011 8:22 PM

I think Bob invested verrrrrry well, he's quite rich now. He's an international celebrity because of his humanitarian efforts, not because of the Boomtown Rats. %0D %0D And I thought Paula was cute and charming. Her autobiography was very funny. %0D %0D Too bad she fell for a 'bad boy' relatively late in life, if you're lucky you get that out of your system when you're in high school and have less to lose.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 46March 20, 2011 8:29 PM

I remember years ago seeing a clip of Garth Brooks on Paula's show and he just stared at her wide-eyed throughout. He was frankly horrified it seems.

by Anonymousreply 47March 20, 2011 8:36 PM

Great point, r46.

by Anonymousreply 48March 20, 2011 8:55 PM

r42, MH's mother and sister have both written about how he lost his confidence as the band's success wasn't ongoing. He also suffered a head injury in the early 90's and was increasingly losing himself in sex and drugs. As had happened with Kylie, his fame was overshadowed by Helena's by the end of their rship. Paula had been stalking him for years and gushed over him like a groupie. She didn't make a fuss over his other women - as long as he would marry her, which he wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 49March 20, 2011 9:01 PM

keeping in my thread watch

by Anonymousreply 50March 20, 2011 9:13 PM

Julie Burchill was a so-called cutting edge British music journalist, IIRC she worked for the New Musical Express.

Her politics were very close to that of Ann Coulter, she even had the same horse face, with a huge chin.

Like Coulter, Burchill was throughly obnoxious, she'd constantly makie outrageous statements because she knew it would garner her more press. She came across as a psychotic self-centered poseur. To me,

Burchill knew even less pop culture than Paula Yates did.

IIRC, Burchill was married to another rock journalist, Nick Kent.

by Anonymousreply 51March 20, 2011 9:55 PM

Hutchence was so sexy in his prime -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 20, 2011 10:20 PM

I agree about JB, all flash and no skill. I think she may have envied Yates ability as a writer. Yates had a fluid, easy style and her pieces featured in Elle etc. If Yates had pursued a career as an author instead of a TV celeb, she may have found her peace.%0D %0D Geldof was no angel. He was enraged at Yates for leaving him and spilled gossip to the tabloids at every opportunity. You can judge his parenting skills for yourself every time you see his hideous children in the tabs.%0D %0D The night before he died, it is rumoured that Hutchence had sex with the fading Aussie TV starlet Kim Wilson and her lawyer boyfriend.They left at some point during the early hours of the morning. %0D %0D The room was in a squalid state with every type of body fluid imaginable. On the day he died, Hutchence had a fight with Geldof on the phone over Geldof's refusal to allow the girls to accompany their mother to Australia. Wilson and her boyfriend were questioned at length by the police but have never commented on the events of that night. Hutchence may have killed himself by accident but it seems more likely that he committed suicide in a moment of utter despair.%0D %0D Hutchence did not speak to his mother and had a very bad relationship with his sister. He was close to his dad and stepmother and his brother Rhett. The bio mum and sister wanted Tiger's money which is why they sought custody.%0D Hutchence left a mess of a Will with money hidden in shelf companies all over the world. I doubt Tiger will see a cent of it. %0D %0D The funeral was a tacky affair with Yates sitting in the front row with her tits hanging out, Michaels mother and sister in a cold fury and his poor dad trying to make the best of it. It was televised here and promoted as if Hutchence was JFK or something! Bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 53March 20, 2011 11:29 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 54March 21, 2011 7:49 AM

Any details R24 ?

by Anonymousreply 55March 21, 2011 8:00 AM

[quote]Paula Yates was no role model, icon or (BWAHAHAHA) Marilyn Monroe.

But did anyone really ever compare her with Marilyn Monroe? The tabs, maybe, but no one with an ounce of sense takes it seriously. Burchill latched on to that (or made it up) in an effort to make people who liked Yates look silly.

by Anonymousreply 56March 21, 2011 8:17 AM

Julie Burchill made her name as a teenage hack for NME in the heyday of punk. She married fellow punk hack Tony Parsons, not Nick Kent.

Thereafter she hired out her fearless opinions to a series of national papers both high and low. She boasted about the coke, the drink and the salaries, and her copy was pseudo-shocking third-rate stuff.

Amusing how she wallowed publicly in her edgy lesbian affair, then whined about losing custody of her son to Parsons. The Daily Mail (I know) asked 'Is This The Worst Mother In England?' Burchill called her memoir 'I Knew I Was Right.'

Burchill is now fat and fifty, a Christian convert who lives by the sea.

by Anonymousreply 57March 21, 2011 8:53 AM

r56 - You're right - I don't think anyone considered Yates those things. It's just a flimsy premise for an article that had little to do with Yates and everything to do with the author trying to be controversial and taking some cheap shots at a rival. I don't believe Burchill's anecdote about Yates flashing her cootch in the NME offices either. Not that Yates wasn't a mess, of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 21, 2011 9:13 AM

It's so funny,when all of this was happening during the 90's it seemed so tawdry and distasteful, and I remember preferring to avoid the blow-by-blow accounts of court dates, trysts busted by the paparazzi and drug busts. Now, though, it's so compelling and fascinating. I can't help but wonder where Tiger will be in 10 years. Maybe the influence of Jeanne Marine and her nannies will trump the Geldof/Yates/Hutchence triumvirate of crazy.

by Anonymousreply 59March 21, 2011 6:10 PM

Tiger Lily and Frances Bean will be expected to write memoirs no doubt. The question is, which one will be B.D. Hyman and which one will be Christina Crawford?

by Anonymousreply 60March 21, 2011 6:17 PM

[quote]Though I was a beautiful young woman, my looks were only ever the icing on the cake - writing was what really mattered.

I had to look up this woman as I didn't know who she was. Yikes. Beautiful? Delusional, maybe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61March 21, 2011 6:21 PM

Ugh!!!

by Anonymousreply 62March 21, 2011 6:40 PM

Well you should see her now. Vast cake, thick icing.

by Anonymousreply 63March 21, 2011 6:49 PM

R58, are you saying she took drugs that bought her back to life and gave her an uncanny resemblance to Fiona Apple?

by Anonymousreply 64March 21, 2011 7:11 PM

[quote]She also had a long ffair with Rupert Everett back in the early 80s, He writes all about it in his book.

Reading his book now. They were friends for years but I think they only had sex a few times. It more a friendship. Rupert said that the whole Live African Relief came about because of Paula. She had seen a documentary about the famine. He says that Geldoff has a huge cock, only met Michael once and the day she died, Geldof called to break the news and insisted Rupert read a poem at her funeral because Paula would never forgive him if he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 65March 21, 2011 7:47 PM

What's with Fiona Apple??

by Anonymousreply 66March 21, 2011 11:38 PM

The theme tune for this thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 21, 2011 11:42 PM

Based on the Wikipedia picture, Paula looked a lot older than 41 before she kicked.

by Anonymousreply 68March 21, 2011 11:58 PM

R67, it's not available in my country, what was it? The suspense is killing me!

by Anonymousreply 69March 22, 2011 1:25 AM

r69...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70March 22, 2011 1:34 AM

DON'T MISS THIS ONE. Classic episode of a popular BBC show where Paula made instant enemies with Ian Hislop...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71March 22, 2011 3:23 AM

"So much for sisterhood!" "Is that what you said to Helena Christensen?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 22, 2011 3:30 AM

check out Michael Hutchence: the loved one on youtube

by Anonymousreply 73March 22, 2011 5:43 AM

>>Tiger Lily and Frances Bean will be expected to write memoirs no doubt

poor Tiger: I wonder how much she remembers of the day when she was 4years old and found her mother dead in bed? hopefully, Geldof and the nannies have really nurtured her, but looking at the way Peaches carries on, that seems unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 74March 22, 2011 9:00 AM

I thought maybe R58 posted a pic of Fiona Apple from Getty instead of one of Yates, but I couldn't find ANY of the Getty Images of Paula Yates that made her look bad.

by Anonymousreply 75March 22, 2011 9:15 AM

r75 - Sorry, that was supposed to be in the Fiona Apple thread!

Paula looked pretty rough near the end, but still better than the "beautiful" journalist who was dogging on her.

by Anonymousreply 76March 22, 2011 9:23 AM

the photo of PY at the link is one of the best I've ever seen of her: she looks beautiful. The cover of her memoirs had a great shot of her, too. One of the worst photos of her is a Tatler cover from the early 80's where she is smirking and has a cockatoo quiff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77March 22, 2011 9:41 AM

That's the best you've ever seen her?! She looks horrific there!

by Anonymousreply 78March 22, 2011 10:53 AM

So she was basically a train wreck that England loved to watch hoping for a disaster and when it happened, they forgot her?

by Anonymousreply 79March 22, 2011 12:18 PM

Pixie looks like Hutchence.

by Anonymousreply 80March 22, 2011 2:00 PM

r24, Hutchence was in Inxs from the age of 17...and Inxs were starting a tour together at the time of his death.

Paula apparently had a long-running fling with Terence Trent D'arby, and some people think Pixie is his daughter. Pixie has the same colouring as MH, but also shares the same wasted expression. I doubt he was ever sober towards the end - he certainly never looked it.

by Anonymousreply 81March 24, 2011 12:16 PM

So she was like Courtney Love.

by Anonymousreply 82March 25, 2011 3:41 AM

Didn't Courtney vie to play Paula in a movie about the triangle several years back?

by Anonymousreply 83March 25, 2011 11:57 AM

I remember something like that, r82. every time a project about the story is planned, it seems to get quashed. I always wonder if it's Geldof who shuts them down...

HERE is Hutchence in his prime:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84March 25, 2011 12:25 PM

R53, was Kylie at the funeral?

And I'm sorry--Geldof's daughters have no business being handed modeling careers just because designers are providing the rags they hang on their anorexic frames and daddy foots the alcohol and limo bills.

by Anonymousreply 85March 25, 2011 12:28 PM

Sweet baby Jesus, he was sex on a stick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86March 25, 2011 12:38 PM

kylie and helena were both at the funeral, but only paula was up the front (with her boobs hanging out)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87March 25, 2011 12:47 PM

[quote]Paula apparently had a long-running fling with Terence Trent D'arby

I thought TTD was a homo?

by Anonymousreply 88March 25, 2011 12:51 PM

maybe he is now, r87, but check this out:

The Geldofs' unconventional relationship lasted 19 years, having survived Paula's well-publicised year-long affair with singer Terence Trent D'Arby

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89March 25, 2011 1:11 PM

From the article in r89's link.

[quote]She bequeathed everything to Tiger Lily, who was due to inherit half her father's estate, estimated at ten million pounds. Unfortunately, after legal fees and costs there was deemed to be nothing left of Hutchence's fortune.

The hell? 10 million in legal fees??

by Anonymousreply 90March 27, 2011 3:27 AM

even the fees for Paula's custody battles would have topped a couple of $M. If the family spent $500K in legal fees to make the trust's directors accountable, then the trust spending double that amount should have still left millions for Tiger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91March 27, 2011 10:26 AM

bumpy

by Anonymousreply 92March 27, 2011 1:57 PM

Hutchence was certainly very pretty, but I was always a little creeped out by how drugged up and out of it he seemed most of the time.

And such queeny mannerisms!

by Anonymousreply 93March 27, 2011 2:10 PM

So was Michael bisexual, or what?

by Anonymousreply 94March 27, 2011 2:37 PM

r93 - I think he was emulating Mick Jagger.

by Anonymousreply 95March 28, 2011 12:38 AM

Could someone please start an INXS apppreciation thread on DL? We owe it to Michael and lil Tiger Lily, yes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96March 29, 2011 10:20 AM

Kylie looks lovely in mourning at r87's link.

by Anonymousreply 97March 29, 2011 1:16 PM

After Michael's death, all the life had gone out of Paula, too. This woman was a living corpse:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98March 29, 2011 8:07 PM

Michael didn't seem very intelligent, but that may have been down to the endless drugtaking.

The story is that Bob lets the girls get away with everything because of what happened when he tried to hold Paula back and control her. He thinks that if he doesn't give them crap about their shitty choices, they will stay close.

To me, Pixie doesn't look like Bob, Michael, OR Paula. Or Terence Trent D'Arby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99March 29, 2011 11:24 PM

Boy, that Paula Yates was a fecund harlot, si?

Boy, that Bob Geldof is a horrible parent and still a self-important jerk, yes?

Boy, that Michael Hutchence was a failed wanker, ja?

Boy, this thread is beyond tired, da?

by Anonymousreply 100March 29, 2011 11:42 PM

R53 is mostly correct. Hutchence was participating in a weird, druggy three-way scene with his drug dealer friends (the couple). As the night progressed the couple ended up fucking on one side of the room whilst MH pleasured himself using auto-asphyxiation (probably couldn't get it up without artificial help in his druggy state). Unfortunately he badly miscalculated and when his dealer friends noticed it was all too late. They were seen on several hotel security cameras hurriedly exiting the scene. It wasn't suicide though you could argue that it was a pretty suicidal lifestyle he'd been leading for years. Earlier in the evening he'd had a screaming match with Geldof on the 'phone regarding their pending custody battle over the kids so MH was probably "on a mission" that night to release all the pent-up stress.

by Anonymousreply 101March 29, 2011 11:57 PM

r90 a large portion, if not all, of Hutchence's will was handled by an extremely dodgy law firm in Hong Kong. I imagine they helped themselves to whatever they could, if not the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 102March 30, 2011 12:03 AM

They took the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 103March 30, 2011 3:26 AM

Paula Yates was pretty popular as a celeb mom/author /host when she went off w/Hutchence. Did her audience / friends turn on her?

wonder why she didn't just have a fling rather than tear the whole family unit apart?

by Anonymousreply 104April 1, 2011 11:07 AM

she'd been obsessed with him for years, 104. Even had his picture on her fridge surrounded by wish bones for more than a decade. a psychiatrist who'd worked with Paula claimed she was borderline.

by Anonymousreply 105April 2, 2011 9:24 AM

r101, if r53 is correct, Hutchence did not kill himself that night during an orgy, that is if he had that particular conversation the next day on the telephone with Geldof.

Do you have links to the stories about said people living the scene in a hurry and seen on security cameras?

by Anonymousreply 106April 2, 2011 9:47 AM

R53 has the chronology backwards.

And no, there are no links because this gossip has never been published.

by Anonymousreply 107April 2, 2011 9:56 AM

R105 I never knew his pic was on her REFRIGERATOR door surrounded by wishbones.

wack a doo

by Anonymousreply 108April 2, 2011 12:41 PM

In her autobiography, Yates said her husband wrote "Cunt" on Hutchence's pic, so she put up a new one.

by Anonymousreply 109April 2, 2011 12:50 PM

I know Keanu Reeves was shooting in Australia at that time and it crossed my mind that he may have been staying in the same Hotel that Hutchenson was in. Maybe Michael was not actually alone when he died?

by Anonymousreply 110April 15, 2011 4:01 AM

Just curious, how many drug deaths has Helena Christensen been associated with?

by Anonymousreply 111April 15, 2011 4:03 AM

Hey Naomi at R111, how many blood diamonds have you collected? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 112April 15, 2011 12:21 PM

Michael probably would have topped himself once he was over the hill anyway.

by Anonymousreply 113April 20, 2011 12:43 AM

Helena's face looks old, old, old in her newest underwear commercial. Suppose that's why they filmed it in black and white?

by Anonymousreply 114April 20, 2011 10:08 PM

According to friends/relatives/managers etc. basically people close to Michael Hutchence, Paula & Hutchence were hooking up long before this interview -- they probably started hooking up as early as 1988 if not earlier. She followed Hutchence around the world (on pretext of doing interviews). Check out pics of Pixie Geldof (born Sept. 1990), and the uncanny resemblance she has to Hutchence. She does not look like Yates and definitely NOTHING like Bob Geldof. If it is true, then I really feel for Bob -- that level of betrayal is pretty sick on Paula's part.

Hutchence at fault b/c he and Geldof were 'mates'. Don't betray your mates by fucking their spouses even if they seem to have an open marriage (Paula had known affairs with Terrence Trent D'Arby & Rupert Everett). Why hide the affair if it is an open marriage -- so MH knew he was being a dog? Hutchence was emotionally immature (I am truly a fan but this is how I see it) because he had always gotten away with things and was always forgiven by his ex-girlfriends. Sheer Charm & charisma could take him only so far and he was totally unprepared to handle the onslaught of the paparazzi and the ocean of judgment brought against him. He was not equipped to handle the depths of his own depression and unlimited & unmonitored Prozac use did not help (doctors should have been held accountable).

Paula Yates may have been effervescence and flirtatious delight but was also pretty messed up. You DON"T handle things in that way when you have 3 kids. That is totally on her. I understand being only in your 30s and wanting out of a r'ship that you've been in since 16. But there are ways of doing it, and calling ur paparazzi friends and outing your own affair and, in the end, basically throwing your lover, the love of your life under the bus against Saint Bob was a serious miscalculation in judgment. And to do that public fiasco in front of her kids. To turn her entire self over to please a man -- great message for her daughters. There is a level of self-loathing and extreme insecurity there.

by Anonymousreply 115April 25, 2011 2:12 AM

was MH ever into guys? before Kylie, he joked about kissing men but not enjoying the sensation of stubble against stubble...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116July 11, 2011 10:25 AM

shortly before she left Bob, Paula got a lot of shit for making Alaia dresses look bad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117November 22, 2013 1:43 AM

linky stinky

by Anonymousreply 118November 22, 2013 2:36 AM

oopsy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119November 23, 2013 8:08 AM

Paula was a fascinating woman.

by Anonymousreply 120March 18, 2014 10:02 PM

I think YOU should be utterly ashamed of yourself for showing such disrespect to people in grief and who you have no relationship to. Not to mention insulting someone who got off his backside to do something and raise millions for starving people. You are the disgusting element and a disgusting by-product of social medial. Social my arse. Evil is the word.

by Anonymousreply 121April 8, 2014 10:53 PM

(121) look at the dates on the post you have obviously come on here and not bothered so far people are entitled to their opinions and many now seem to have forgotten a lots of the truths about Ms Yates and portray as a cross between Diana and The Virgin Mary, of which she couldnt have been further from either

by Anonymousreply 122April 9, 2014 1:46 PM

In that documentary on Hutchence, Paula Yates looks 60 years old. With no makeup and disheveled hair, it's obvious that she was never that much to look at, although when she was glammed up she probably could have been called "striking."

She and Hutchence and Geldof were all truly awful people.

by Anonymousreply 123April 9, 2014 2:57 PM

Funny how all these punk-rock types from the 70s and 80s are all listening to Frank Sinatra and Burt Bacharach nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 124April 9, 2014 4:20 PM

Paula Yates was an obsessive hetty slut. Engagig with kinky behavior and excessive drug taking when she hooked up with Hutchence whereas she was a tee totaler when she was with Geldof. She was extremely selfish to have three kids with her husband then fuck around with an obsession. Hutchence was a cunt too. He drew her into his kinky hetty and drug laden lifestyle.Meanwhile he fucked around on Yates with other women. He checks out by performing auto erotic aphysixation...how sleazy.They deserved each other.

by Anonymousreply 125April 11, 2014 1:32 PM

I just finished re-reading Yates' autobiography. It was very enjoyable, she was quite witty. So sad that it all ended the way it did.

by Anonymousreply 126May 11, 2014 6:42 PM

Why do people in show business even have kids?

Stupid trashy idea.

by Anonymousreply 127May 11, 2014 6:56 PM

Good people.

by Anonymousreply 128May 11, 2014 11:25 PM

What's the story with Saint Bob? Did he have affairs?

by Anonymousreply 129May 12, 2014 4:50 AM

What a sordid mess, even reading all this I smell urine, stale beer and human feces.

by Anonymousreply 130November 19, 2014 7:56 AM

Pixie looks very much like Hutchence - Paula certainly wasn't holding back.

by Anonymousreply 131November 20, 2014 11:08 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 132August 7, 2015 5:39 AM

Poor Peaches is dead now too.

by Anonymousreply 133August 16, 2015 6:35 AM

I think it was the grim reaper coming to collect her in that photo of Peaches and the ghost hand.

by Anonymousreply 134August 16, 2015 6:40 AM

Anyone have gossip on Saint Bob? The greatest humanitarians are often the sickest.

by Anonymousreply 135August 16, 2015 7:12 AM

I want to know too. I bet he's a freak.

by Anonymousreply 136August 24, 2015 2:46 AM

Did someone say that Paula used a strap-on on Michael??!!

by Anonymousreply 137May 2, 2016 12:25 PM

If he wasn't alone the night he died, how'd they get out of the room? He was using the door to hang himself.

by Anonymousreply 138May 2, 2016 12:26 PM

All the evidence points to him not having committed suicide. There was semen found on his leg too.

by Anonymousreply 139May 2, 2016 12:27 PM

All the kinky shit found, including strap-on pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140May 2, 2016 12:31 PM

R130 And that was just on Michael's face!!!!

Honestly why are so many gays giving this druggie low life the dead royalty treatment. He was a closet homo, severely washed up and was fucking some sad granny in the ass. Move on.

by Anonymousreply 141May 2, 2016 3:40 PM

When you think about it, Bob Geldof stretched an entire career out of "I Hate Mondays." He never would have been able to do Live Aid and all his other high-profile charity work had it not been for just one song. The Boomtown Rats were really a one-hit wonder band.

by Anonymousreply 142May 2, 2016 3:43 PM

She was besotted with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143March 16, 2017 2:24 AM

I don't have a feeling one way or another about Geldof, but I were him I would have prevented Paula taking the kids to Australia and Hutchence as well. Both Hutchence and Yates were unfit to be parents. Their stash was lying open everywhere and Hutchence never was sober.

by Anonymousreply 144March 16, 2017 2:36 AM

She gave her daughters weird names. Fifi Trixibelle, Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily, Pixie and Peaches.

by Anonymousreply 145March 16, 2017 2:41 AM

r144, that's not true. Paula had a true vocation for motherhood. She adored those girls and made them a real home.

by Anonymousreply 146March 16, 2017 2:44 AM

Sure that why she overdosed on her daughters tenth birthday in the house with her kids and one of them found her dead on the bed.

Great mother!

by Anonymousreply 147March 16, 2017 2:49 AM

[quote]Fifi Trixibelle Geldof (born 1983), Peaches Honeyblossom Geldof (born 1989), Little Pixie Geldof (born 1990), Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily Hutchence Geldof (born 1996)

I finally thought of it!

All of these would great names for a Maltipoo!

by Anonymousreply 148March 16, 2017 3:32 AM

Watching videos of her show, I can see that Paula was not without her charms. She was pretty damaged though ...and pretty much a pathological liar. After Paula left him, Bob consulted a psychiatrist who said that he thought she was borderline. That sounds like a pretty good explanation of all of her crazy.

by Anonymousreply 149August 17, 2019 3:31 PM

Apparently, Peaches was obsessed with her mum and ended up overdosing. Not surprised since she had a stripper name.

by Anonymousreply 150August 17, 2019 3:41 PM

Helena Christianson was his dealer and Heath's dealer? The three of them, Michael, Paula and Peaches (Tiger Lily?) in heaven together?

by Anonymousreply 151August 17, 2019 3:46 PM

Who's bumping these threads from eight years ago?

by Anonymousreply 152August 17, 2019 5:22 PM

r151 , Do you have any info as to whether Helena used drugs?

by Anonymousreply 153August 17, 2019 6:20 PM

From another thread:

[quote]Michael was not cute in person. He had really, really bad skin, was short and super skinny and his teeth were bad too. That said he had nice hair and an amazing cleft chin which I love on guys anyway. Michael was a pretty nice guy but tired after performing and really sweaty. He wore a little tank that night.

I’m re-watching “Mystify” and yes, he had bad skin but that’s really the only negative or “not cute” thing I’ve noticed about him, did anyone else here meet him in his prime?

by Anonymousreply 154November 28, 2020 12:51 AM

r154 I thought the acne scars kind of made him hotter. It kept him from looking like a Ken doll and gave a bit of edge....

by Anonymousreply 155November 29, 2020 1:37 PM

[quote]It kept him from looking like a Ken doll and gave a bit of edge....

Can’t disagree with you there and he certainly wasn’t ugly.

by Anonymousreply 156November 29, 2020 9:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!