Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Should Whoopi Goldberg leave The View?

I'm tired of her always making excuses for celebrities and think it's time for a new host. Does anyone else feel the same way? Take my poll, please.

by Anonymousreply 288January 28, 2018 12:30 AM

She really is getting on my nerves. The only time I felt proud of her was when she walked out on O'Reilly and when she got mad at the New York Times. WHOOPIE! BE A BITCH! SPEAK YOUR MIND!

by Anonymousreply 1March 3, 2011 12:48 AM

I haven't watched the show for years. I can't think of a show -- or a poll -- more irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 2March 3, 2011 12:50 AM

I think she just says whatever to court controversy.

by Anonymousreply 3March 3, 2011 12:53 AM

Maybe a few people should write the makers of June Allyson bladder pads and ask them if they share their spokesperson's support of anti-Semitic speech, dog fighting, and rape that's not rape-rape.

by Anonymousreply 4March 3, 2011 1:12 AM

Well, Whoopi should perhaps leave "The View" because she's boring.%0D %0D Rosie O'Donnell was not boring!

by Anonymousreply 5March 3, 2011 1:15 AM

Only old women in dirty nightgowns and slippers watch the show, so who cares?

by Anonymousreply 6March 3, 2011 1:37 AM

Why should she leave? Because she tries to look at all sides and just doesn't pile on with the rest of you viscous bitches? I will always support someone who is as pro-gay and is as liberal as Whoopi. And you know what, she was right about Michael Vick. She was also right about Roman Polanski. You all claim to be sooooo fucking liberal. Please. You're a bunch of prudes acting like you're at a republican ladies' tea.

by Anonymousreply 7March 3, 2011 1:46 AM

If I never hear that annoying valley girl speak she does I'll be a happy man.

by Anonymousreply 8March 3, 2011 1:50 AM

She's smarter and wittier than any other dolt on that panel, including Barbara Walters.

I think OP would be happier watching that crapfest on CBS in the afternoon. On that show, they're all consistently bland and moronic.

by Anonymousreply 9March 3, 2011 1:53 AM

Why should she leave? It's a talk show, she talks. I don't agree with her a lot of the time but it would be a damn boring show if I sat there watching and agreeing with everything said and everyone on the show agreed with each other. Personally I agree with a poster here, or on another thread, that she sometimes just plays the devil's advocate to get a conversation/confrontation going. And even though I do not always agree, I do appreciate how she doesn't jump to snap decisions on a lot of things simply because of the way something is present in the media. Like she's said many times, the public, including herself, does not always have all the facts, just the sensationalism.

by Anonymousreply 10March 3, 2011 2:42 AM

[quote]the rest of you viscous bitches? Oh, [italic]dear.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 11March 3, 2011 2:51 AM

[quote]Why should she leave? Because she's annoying and most people (according to the poll) want her to leave. That's why.

by Anonymousreply 12March 3, 2011 2:53 AM

I don't think the poll taken by a bunch of bitchy gay guys really matters a damn in the scheme of things. Most guys here don't like anything.

by Anonymousreply 13March 3, 2011 3:05 AM

[quote]I don't think the poll taken by a bunch of bitchy gay guys really matters a damn in the scheme of things. Honey, who do you think [italic]watches[/italic] The View?

by Anonymousreply 14March 3, 2011 3:10 AM

i haven't liked ANY of their moderators. EVER!

by Anonymousreply 15March 3, 2011 3:33 AM

Excellent point R14 LOL I guess I can be as bitchy as the next

by Anonymousreply 16March 3, 2011 3:43 AM

She needs to go to a hidden dimension

by Anonymousreply 17March 3, 2011 3:53 AM

"And you know what, she was right about Michael Vick. She was also right about Roman Polanski. You all claim to be sooooo fucking liberal. Please. You're a bunch of prudes acting like you're at a republican ladies' tea."%0D %0D Your fondness for animal torturers and child rapists would indicate that you are one sick douchebag cunt. %0D %0D Fuck off and die, asshole. %0D

by Anonymousreply 18March 3, 2011 4:04 PM

[quote]Rosie O'Donnell was not boring! I know Rosie had her manic moments, but she did the make The View fun and watchable. Especially when she would bring on Broadway performers and throw those lavish birthday parties. She also fought the sponsors to get the audience members better swag. She also had no problem calling Elizabitch out on her shit.

by Anonymousreply 19March 3, 2011 4:09 PM

Get rid of both Whoopi and Sherri.

by Anonymousreply 20March 3, 2011 4:17 PM

I don't watch The View- DL is my source for all Whoopi news- but what I am gathering by how Whoopi is constantly trying to stir something up is that the woman is desperate for attention. She must be one needy bitch.

Say what you will about Rosie- I never got the impression that when she gave her opinion she was calculating how much press it would get her. She didn't give a tuppenny fuck.

by Anonymousreply 21March 3, 2011 4:18 PM

Whoopi is always talking about not having enough money, yet her stupid opinions and big mouth gets her into trouble. After her "rape-rape" statement, she lost a "Toys 'R US" account and also got booted from "T-Mobile." Now she's really fallen on hard promotional times and is hawking "Poise". Let's see how long that lasts.

She's done damage to her image by her consistently stupid opinions. "The View" might have given her cash but there's been a price.

by Anonymousreply 22March 3, 2011 4:20 PM

[quote]The only time I felt proud of her was when she walked out on O'Reilly and when she got mad at the New York Times. %0D %0D I was more proud when she apologized for her rant about The Times because the stupid cow misread the piece about black Oscars winners that she was complaining about. She is not a bright woman.

by Anonymousreply 23March 3, 2011 4:22 PM

[quote]I will always support someone who is as pro-gay and is as liberal as Whoopi%0D %0D Not a good idea. I've known many pro-gay liberals who are otherwise terrible.%0D %0D Kick the moron off.

by Anonymousreply 24March 3, 2011 4:27 PM

YES OP!

She should leave. Wait, no! She should be euthanized for not agreeing with you.

I mean, WHO does this rich, successful famous person who's never met you think she is to disagree with the likes of YOU! Yes, she should leave and be destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 25March 3, 2011 4:32 PM

I have known David Claessen, one of Whoopi's ex-husbands for a LONG time. She is a major bitch and an egomaniac. When they divorced (because she is a dyke) she publicly slandered him, saying all he did was use her and her money. He is a major sweetheart and was crushed by the allegations. He has gone on to a successful career in cinematography, despite everything she did in Hollywood to stop him. And he's never uttered a peep to the media about her. She is a crazy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 26March 3, 2011 4:33 PM

Whoopi's an angry ol' chain-smoking cunt. That's why she defends all the other druggies. And Sherri, sheesh, put a cooking segment on, and who's there automatically to do the taste testing?

by Anonymousreply 27March 3, 2011 4:38 PM

All you fucking Republican dicksuckers just hate women and black women in particular. Your opinion is of no importance, since you don't watch The View anyway.

by Anonymousreply 28March 3, 2011 4:39 PM

More R26, more.

by Anonymousreply 29March 3, 2011 4:40 PM

R28 = our resident, racist black panther'ess, trolling every thread on the site dropping her little race bombs.

by Anonymousreply 30March 3, 2011 4:44 PM

R28 = Ghetto cunt.

by Anonymousreply 31March 3, 2011 4:45 PM

Yes. Let's replace her with someone important, like.....RICHARD DREYFUSS!!

by Anonymousreply 32March 3, 2011 4:45 PM

r29, Whoopi basically used HIM to get publicity, citing their nuptials for press.. He did not know she was a dyke. He doesn't say much, just that it turned out to be a very unpleasant experience, She actually paid him to go away once the divorce was final, then went on to try and wreck his career. They slept together only a few times in their brief time (2-3?) years together. He's never said who the women were in her life, at least not to me. No pre-nup, and he asked for nothing. Like I said, she gave him a settlement to go away. He did not need the money. She is apparently a master at manipulating PR around her image, but is a total bitch.

Given what I know, there must be some EPIC battles that go with Walters and Lizbitch.

by Anonymousreply 33March 3, 2011 4:54 PM

I have seen the View in snippets several times. I am at work, and my big blow off is DL. How is it that the OP watches the View all the time? Later on some cable station?%0D %0D I could NOT watch a show like the View regularly- it is far too ridiculous and ultimately depressing- based on the little I have seen and the nonsense I read about on DL.%0D %0D In fact, I don't watch anything Barbara Walters does anymore.

by Anonymousreply 34March 3, 2011 4:55 PM

I saw her in person once in an Apple store. She looked like a homeless person.

by Anonymousreply 35March 3, 2011 4:57 PM

[quote]I have seen the View in snippets several times. I am at work, and my big blow off is DL. How is it that the OP watches the View all the time? Later on some cable station?%0D %0D OP could have DVR. That how I used to watch it when Rosie was on. Once she left, the show became unwatchable to me.

by Anonymousreply 36March 3, 2011 4:59 PM

"Yes. Let's replace her with someone important..."%0D %0D Seriously, they used to have Vanessa Williams, she was really very good. Perhaps now that Desperate Housewives in on its way out (or at least seems to be) she can take over for Whoopi.

by Anonymousreply 37March 3, 2011 5:03 PM

How is it that the OP watches the View all the time?

So incredibly mysterious, given that (a) not a single person in America works from home, (b) every single person in America--while working in his or her office, away from home--has only a 9 to 5 job (those are the only working hours possible), and (c) no one has yet invented Tivo or DVR technology!

by Anonymousreply 38March 3, 2011 5:10 PM

"the rest of you viscous bitches?"%0D %0D "Oh, dear."%0D %0D "Oh dear," indeed.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 39March 3, 2011 5:16 PM

r38, It's Chuckie,, for God's sake, He's shown his stupidity here thousands of times, yet doesn't get what a tool he is.

by Anonymousreply 40March 3, 2011 5:16 PM

I feel so foolish! I didn't know that R2 had declared the View irrelevant. He's gotta keep us updated more often!

by Anonymousreply 41March 3, 2011 5:25 PM

Yes R37, Vanessa Williams is such a real down to earth person with absolutely bitchy qualities.

Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 42March 3, 2011 6:03 PM

Whoopie always seems to defend the wrong people, and that downgrades her.

by Anonymousreply 43March 3, 2011 6:17 PM

Whoopie just loves to stir shit. It's an attention-getting device. She pretty well ended Ted Danson's career when she encouraged him to show up in blackface, say the N word and eat watermelon at her Friar's Club roast.%0D %0D Of course, anybody that stupid deserves what he gets, but she didn't take any fallout over it.

by Anonymousreply 44March 3, 2011 6:20 PM

Let Whoopie stay and get rid of Elisacunt.

by Anonymousreply 45March 3, 2011 6:23 PM

Get rid of the senile Joy Behar.

by Anonymousreply 46March 3, 2011 6:26 PM

Eisabitch must be doing Barbara. Why else would they keep that skank on the show?

by Anonymousreply 47March 3, 2011 8:50 PM

R42, Speaking of Vanessa... did you her dance salsa on the Wendy Williams show yesterday? She is still a hot mama!! She seems like the nicest person...cool people!

by Anonymousreply 48March 3, 2011 9:02 PM

[quote]She pretty well ended Ted Danson's career

??? Total bullshit.

He starred in a successful network series immediately after that, "Becker." It ran for six years.

He also had a three year run on "Damages" for which he was nominated for three Emmy Awards right in a row, from 2008-2010, and won huge critical acclaim.

He's still on an ongoing series, "Bored to Death."

by Anonymousreply 49March 3, 2011 9:24 PM

OP, I disagree with Whoopi on many things, but I wouldn't want her to leave The View. When I do watch the show, I have to admit that she and Elizabeth, whom I disagree STRONGLY with, are interesting, nonetheless. If I wanted to look at a show hosted by women who all agree on the same topics, I'd switch to THE TALK.

by Anonymousreply 50March 3, 2011 9:33 PM

It was Dansons idea to do the blackface routine. Goldberg encouraged him, but he was the one who WANTED to do it. Get it straight.%0D %0D And what do you mean she didn't take any fallout? It sparked a media shitstorm. Oprah and wrote her off for years, Halle and Spike dissed her openly in the media, and she had to give a press conference admist all the controversy defending her boyfriends "sense of humor". %0D %0D Danson was the one who went into hiding for a brief period, and has never discussed it in interviews. The incident didn't hurt his career one bit.%0D %0D Sound familiar?%0D

by Anonymousreply 51March 3, 2011 9:41 PM

I'm old enough to remember when Barbara Walters was on Today and did commercials for Smucker's.%0D %0D She say 'Shhhmuckershhh Cheerwee Pweeserves.'

by Anonymousreply 52March 3, 2011 9:43 PM

"You sound like a stay-at-home loon."

You sound like your mother smoked a lot of crack while you floated in her womb.

by Anonymousreply 53March 3, 2011 10:40 PM

Get rid of Whoopi and Joy. They should both use their chubby little legs and walk off together.

by Anonymousreply 54March 4, 2011 4:30 AM

I have done some business with Whoopi over the years selling her antiques and black memorabilia. I can honestly say She s one of the most sour, humorless and unpleasant woman I have ever met. I have never seen her smile or heard her make a light hearted remark. NEVER. No pleasantries what so ever. No Hello...no please or thank you. Just a dour hard expression accompanied by impatient demands. From my own personal experiences I would agree that She is a major cunt.

by Anonymousreply 55March 4, 2011 5:15 AM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 56March 4, 2011 6:51 AM

People like r7 make me sick. You're such a stereotype, anything goes (even sex with minors, we're just prudes!) and love for criminals. Everything PC is bad! Brian Griffin, over here.

by Anonymousreply 57March 4, 2011 7:28 AM

I'm sorry, that should say "rape of".

I've always loved Whoopi, I mean really, she reminded me of myself growing up. The more she says/does, however..

by Anonymousreply 58March 4, 2011 7:29 AM

[quote]she reminded me of myself growing up.%0D %0D You poor thing. Have you ever been able to hold down a job? Are you totally friendless?

by Anonymousreply 59March 4, 2011 10:28 AM

I think she should pull a Franco and try graduate school, homoerotic short films, bad short fiction, derivative art installations, reediting her film career in a class setting, maybe using the outtakes from Last Days to create two new films, playing a character named Goldberg on a soap and cutting off her own arm in a cave. She's already done the Oscar host bit.

by Anonymousreply 60March 4, 2011 10:35 AM

I know Whoopi is bright, smart and represents women and the blacks.However her attitude is disruptive!Todsy She is so obcessed with food she blocks the camera and rejects any prodding from Barbara...Then Sherri can't pay attention becaude she is wanting the food....it is a culture thing...Women of color I have worked with are like a herd when it comes to food...I love to eat, fight the fat, raised poor with few privileges but this is ridiculous..either ask hosts to not eat while on camera!!I am seriously considering no longer watching this show..

by Anonymousreply 61April 5, 2011 3:51 PM

I don't think she should leave but she does strike me as a particularly miserable and bitter person, which is perplexing, given that she's a multimillionaire celebrity. But then again Rosie O was the same and she is richer than the Queen of Sheba.

by Anonymousreply 62April 5, 2011 3:59 PM

It seems that Whoopi defends the wrong people, that's her problem.

by Anonymousreply 63April 5, 2011 4:03 PM

The thing that annoys me about Whoopi is when she cuts into someone else's segment (like, taking the latest products, then leaving backstage). That kind of bugs me, because she's just trying to show off.

by Anonymousreply 64April 5, 2011 4:05 PM

"We don't know. We weren't there. We don't know who said what to who or where who was when whatever was said -- or what wasn't said. We don't know!"

by Anonymousreply 65April 5, 2011 4:11 PM

I don't like the way Whoopi disrespects guests when she doesn't agree with what they say, or if a guest says something off the map. She tends to roll her eyes at the audience, that is just more annoying to me.

by Anonymousreply 66April 5, 2011 4:21 PM

"She's smarter and wittier than any other dolt on that panel, including Barbara Walters.'%0D %0D "Rape-rape" is "smarter and wittier?" God, you're an idiot. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 67April 5, 2011 4:25 PM

Poll design tip: You don't need to vote to see the results anymore.

by Anonymousreply 68April 5, 2011 4:29 PM

[quote]I know Whoopi is bright, smart and represents women and the blacks.However her attitude is disruptive!Todsy She is so obcessed with food she blocks the camera and rejects any prodding from Barbara...Then Sherri can't pay attention becaude she is wanting the food....it is a culture thing...Women of color I have worked with are like a herd when it comes to food...I love to eat, fight the fat, raised poor with few privileges but this is ridiculous..either ask hosts to not eat while on camera!!I am seriously considering no longer watching this show..%0D %0D So explain all the fat white cows walking the planet. I guess its the women of color forcing them to suck their plates clean.

by Anonymousreply 69April 5, 2011 5:33 PM

How long has this show been on. I really remember years ago when it started I thought "That won't last" , boy was I wrong.

by Anonymousreply 71June 1, 2011 4:29 AM

She's dreadful. Why do so many people who make it have to become intellectually lazy, smarmy, pedantic and smug - not to mention irritating and illogical? Hearing her pontificate makes me want to cry, when I recall the talent she showed in "Color Purple." All gone now. She can't even do an incontinence commercial and not get through the expensively produced bits successfully.

by Anonymousreply 72June 1, 2011 4:43 AM

Kudos on being a revolting human being, r70.

Whoopi's biggest problem is she clearly thinks 70% of what goes on on The View is beneath her. How many seasons did she cut up rough every time they discussed reality television?

Behar's just been on the show too long, and also clearly prefers her late night talk show. Also, she's about a year-and-a-half away from technically be in the same "age cohort" as Barbara.

Hasselback is noxious, but serves her purpose. And she's infinitely preferable to all the other professional lady conservatives (if only because she is more stupid than evil, and is often pretty tractable.)

I bet Barbara and Geddes are kicking themselves for choosing Shepherd when they probably could have had Wendy Williams.

by Anonymousreply 73June 1, 2011 4:52 AM

R73 gets it right...good observations. However, while I love WW, she might have too strong a personality for the boring View.

by Anonymousreply 74June 2, 2011 1:09 PM

[quote]... it is a culture thing...Women of color I have worked with are like a herd when it comes to food ...

Most of the African American women I've worked with have been slender and neither they nor the plump ones have acted like sows at the trough -- neither have the Latina, Asian, Native American, or Caucasian women. The worst offenders at the buffet table in my offices have always been straight men.

by Anonymousreply 75June 2, 2011 1:32 PM

Whoopi on anything controversial:

"We don't know. We weren't there. We don't know who did what to who or who was where when anyone did who to what. We don't know!"

I can't believe she gets paid to say that crap.

by Anonymousreply 76June 3, 2011 7:10 AM

Now see I would rather sharkface Sherri leave The View. I can't stand her homophobic ass! She's made it clear that she doesn't support gay marriage and everytime there's a topic about something gay-related, Sherri always has this look of disapproval on her face like she's Miss High & Mighty.%0D %0D I may not always agree with Whoopi, but at least she's pro-gay and doesn't pull the shit Sherri pulls.

by Anonymousreply 77June 3, 2011 10:51 AM

Does The View not pay well?

Because I don't know why she would chose to become a spokeswoman for incontinence products if she wasn't in dire financial straights.

by Anonymousreply 78June 3, 2011 10:59 AM

Sherri's there only because that genteel racist cunt Baba Wawa doesn't want a smart, confident, and attractive Black woman who'll stand up to the BS that Wawa and her asshole producer come up with. Among all the Black women who auditioned for the part, I refuse to believe that they were unable to find a single woman more qualified and intelligent than that idiot Sherri.

By the way I hope that the next time Baba asks a Black guest if her hair is real and touches it, the guest bitch slaps the shriveled old whore and knocks her dentures out.

by Anonymousreply 79June 3, 2011 9:17 PM

Yet again, making excuses for closet case asswipe Tracey Morgan this morning saying we all make mistakes and put our foot in it sometimes. And, as comedians, we say things sometimes and regret it after saying them, realizing we offended people. Sherri, as usual was her idiot self. This man said he would STAB his child if he found out he was gay!!!!!!! She even said that Blacks would love a parade like other groups down 5th Ave. A whole month of Black pride isn't enough for her I guess. Whoopi, honey- the parades are for people celebrating their nationalities-not ethnicity.

by Anonymousreply 80June 13, 2011 4:29 PM

Well at least Joy and Barbara vigorously disagreed with Whoopi excusing Morgan's statement.

by Anonymousreply 81June 13, 2011 4:51 PM

It wasn't stab-stab.

by Anonymousreply 82June 13, 2011 4:57 PM

I'm sitting here in LA waiting for Whoopi to defend Tracy Morgan.%0D %0D I hope I'm wrong.%0D %0D But I don't thinnk I will be.%0D %0D Maybe she takes the view that no one else will to maintain her seat at the table.%0D %0D I think that's what Elisabeth does.%0D

by Anonymousreply 83June 13, 2011 5:05 PM

R78, to get MORE money. Duh. Who doesn't want more money? She only had to work a day ot two for the commercial but gets paid all the time for it.%0D %0D And yet, I can't stand the stupid bitch.

by Anonymousreply 84June 13, 2011 5:12 PM

YOu have to strike while the iron is hot.

by Anonymousreply 85June 13, 2011 5:44 PM

LOL- I screamed when Barbara said how much she loves the Puerto Rican Day Parade......the music, the happy people and she doesn't mind them cooking "their" chicken on the street...wonder if she went up to El Barrio afterward to Salsa dance and munch on Cuchifritos. She is so full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 86June 13, 2011 8:04 PM

I watch "The View" every day, or at least the Hot Topics segment and I have since before Whoopi was on. I have never seen her make excuses for any celebrity. She does however, suggest maybe the public does not know all the facts, only what the media is putting out there. She has never condoned any bad behavior, not Vick, not Gibson, not Tiger, not Weiner... she just says there is always more to what's going on than we know. Plus a lot of the time I think she is playing devil's advocate. If all 5 of the women up there agreed on everything topic it would be a very boring show. (Yeah I know, I know, you think it's boring... don't care, I still like it). But I do agree with a previous poster, I'd be happy too if I never heard her valley speak again. It annoys me too.

by Anonymousreply 87June 13, 2011 8:31 PM

Anybody that watches this crapfest even once, let alone everyday deserves everything they get. Get lives, fools!

by Anonymousreply 88June 13, 2011 8:55 PM

R87 Bullshit. She goes off half-cocked all the time on shit -- EXCEPT when it involves a celebrity she is buddies with or some political person SHE likes. She's an ass.

by Anonymousreply 89June 13, 2011 8:59 PM

She's the only one who has anything worthwhile to say.

by Anonymousreply 90June 13, 2011 9:00 PM

She is a crabby old lady sometimes. Thats the only thing I dont like about her. People who are offended by anything she says are drama queens. Its Whoopi Goldberg, for Christ's sake.

by Anonymousreply 91June 13, 2011 9:14 PM

R90 That HAS to be a joke.

by Anonymousreply 92June 13, 2011 9:17 PM

Actually, R92. I appreciate her refreshing honesty. Sorry if you can't handle that.

by Anonymousreply 93June 13, 2011 9:22 PM

R93, it's not that I "can't handle that." I just find it unfathomable that you could be so mentally challenged.

by Anonymousreply 94June 13, 2011 9:30 PM

Whoopi needs to clean herself up. She looks terrible every day. She surely is not setting a example.

by Anonymousreply 95June 13, 2011 9:30 PM

You must not watch the show very closely R87. She definitely defended Morgan today and she did defend Gibson saying that he had been in her home and if he treated her like that then he could not be racist.

by Anonymousreply 96June 13, 2011 9:31 PM

How could we not love a woman who farted in Barbara Walter's direction on national TV?

by Anonymousreply 97June 13, 2011 9:33 PM

You know Babs was in the Hamptons or some damn place over the weekend, everyone was out of town; what a load of bullshit.

I can't help but like Whoopi, it's a love/hate. I do not understand why she defends impugnable men, that's where my hate sneaks up.

Sherri, on the other hand is an insufferable, ignorant bore who is funny on occasion if only for her stupidity. Does anyone know anything about the writer she's engaged to?

by Anonymousreply 98June 13, 2011 9:41 PM

Sherri is engaged to a writer? Has he reached "m" and "n" yet?

by Anonymousreply 99June 13, 2011 9:55 PM

Stop projecting, R94.

by Anonymousreply 100June 13, 2011 10:04 PM

Whoopi is embarrassingly stupid, dishonest and misinformed.

by Anonymousreply 101June 14, 2011 3:05 PM

Like Oh Ma Gawd, she is totally like doing her Valley Girl voice, dude.

The audience is going wild with applause.

by Anonymousreply 102June 14, 2011 3:25 PM

Oh Ma Gosh, she is doing her Valley Girl shit again! Like totally radical!

by Anonymousreply 103June 14, 2011 3:30 PM

[quote]People who are offended by anything she says are drama queens. Its Whoopi Goldberg, for Christ's sake.%0D %0D Just like all those people who were offended by stuff said by Hitler. Drama queens!!!!! It was Hitler for Christ's sake.

by Anonymousreply 104June 14, 2011 3:32 PM

Yes she should leave because she doesn't confirm to my narrow worldview!!!!!!%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 105June 14, 2011 3:34 PM

Whoopi is disgusting. That Valley Girl speak is totally racist. Can you imagine if a white person started talking like Kwineesha!!!! They would be slammed left and right. Talk about a double standard...!!!!

by Anonymousreply 106June 14, 2011 3:37 PM

And this show still is important to you OP? Really?

by Anonymousreply 107June 14, 2011 3:43 PM

I wish Whoopi Goldberg would not just leave The View; I wish she would leave the PLANET. Oh my God, I can't stand that ugly, talentless bitch!

by Anonymousreply 108June 14, 2011 6:01 PM

she looks like an ape

by Anonymousreply 109June 14, 2011 7:40 PM

I think they should get rid of the whole panel and start over. In fact, I think they should have a new panel every 6 months to give the show change and engery instead of having to watch the same miserable cunts for years at a time. Elisabeth, Whoopi, and definitely Sherri should have been thrown off LONG ago.

by Anonymousreply 110June 14, 2011 7:49 PM

Don't mind me; I'm just a racist piece of shit looking for attention.

by Anonymousreply 111June 14, 2011 7:59 PM

Yet again, the hag defends Tracy Morgan today on the View....youtube has the segment-- this time saying that all comedians are violent! and what they say in their act isn't what they really believe- then goes into a ridiculous story about how she called a Spanish woman every name in the book while driving????!!!!!??????..when Joy chimed in about gay suicides because of hate, Whoopi says- I get all that. Did she defend Michael Richards for calling an audience member a nigger?- She is a racist through and through and the fraus in the audience and her co workers will nod at everything she says and are too pussy faced to read he the riot act-

by Anonymousreply 112June 23, 2011 2:15 AM

She's a tofal jackass. Has NEVER been funny.

by Anonymousreply 113June 23, 2011 2:25 AM

Once again, Whoopi showed what a damn idiot she is: Today on The View she was defending that 51-year old actor Doug Hutchison from Lost marrying a 16 year old girl.%0D %0D Between the shit that comes out of her, Sherri's, and Elisabitch's mouths, I can't believe this show is still on the air. smh

by Anonymousreply 114June 23, 2011 2:51 AM

Whoopi tries to play it too safe with not wanting to offend anyone. It might cost$$$ her in the end. It has in the past.

by Anonymousreply 115June 23, 2011 3:11 AM

What kind of masochistic assholes watch "The View"? Isn't life painful enough?

by Anonymousreply 116June 23, 2011 3:39 AM

She does the Valley Girl when she wants to be sarcastic.

by Anonymousreply 117June 23, 2011 3:49 AM

"Whoopi is disgusting. That Valley Girl speak is totally racist. Can you imagine if a white person started talking like Kwineesha!!!! They would be slammed left and right. Talk about a double standard...!!!!"

Not only white girls use "Valley Girl speak". A friend's 25 year old son talks like a Valley Boy, he's Puerto Rican, grew up in Queens and went to school in Manhattan!

Gabourey Sibide has always sounded like a Valley Girl. The Valley Girl voice is simply an affectation due to where a person grew up and/or attended school.

IIRC, Sibede went to a private school in Manhattan. That explains her speaking voice.

by Anonymousreply 118June 23, 2011 4:18 AM

Replace her with Mario Lopez. At least there will be someone in her chair who is much easier on the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 119June 25, 2011 8:06 PM

it is obvious that barbara does not care for woopie. all entertainers want to be seen in an flattering light. barbara embaresses whoopie at every opportunity. it may be time to watch the talk, or maybe whoopie can go on the talk. if whoopie leaves the view whats left? think about it.

by Anonymousreply 120May 10, 2012 6:37 PM

I've really started to loathe Whoopi since she's always been on that show. She always makes excuses for anti-gay bigots and thinks being anti-gay is a perfectly fine and dandy way to think. She kisses the asses of all right-wingers who come on the show...it's sick!!

by Anonymousreply 121May 10, 2012 7:42 PM

[quote]Replace her with Mario Lopez.

No thanks. We don't need ANOTHER right-wing Republican bitch on the show.

Why can't they just scrap the entire panel and bring in some fresh people? I'm tired of all these old biddies who don't know thier assholes from a hole in the ground.

by Anonymousreply 122May 10, 2012 8:10 PM

[quote]it may be time to watch the talk

Hell no! That show is even worse because it has Chenbot and Sharon Whoresbourne on it.

I'll just stick to watching neither of them.

by Anonymousreply 123May 10, 2012 8:11 PM

She appears so disinterested during the guest/interview on the couch segments. Why the hell is she there? She hardly ever asks a question.

Usually when someone defends others who've done something questionable, they've usually behaved in some inappropriate manner themselves. I always wonder what the hell she's hiding about her past.

by Anonymousreply 124May 10, 2012 9:07 PM

Kevin Frazier on "The Insider" is almost as bad. Yesterday, he finished two different stories saying, essentially, these guys aren't bad, they're friends of mine. One of them, Terrell Owens, was on Dr. Phil talking about his four different kids with four different women. Frazier said for the audience not to judge him and if they see him on the street, give him a hug.

by Anonymousreply 125May 11, 2012 12:35 AM

Someone needs to whoop her ass till she walks like Jerry's Kids.

Seriously, why have THREE comics on the show? Why TWO Africans? That's too many. It should be one white, one black, one old, one young, one latina, one east asian, one south asian, one Jewish, one Muslim, one Christian and they should come from the Northeast, the South, the Midwest and the west.

by Anonymousreply 126May 11, 2012 7:03 AM

"Usually when someone defends others who've done something questionable, they've usually behaved in some inappropriate manner themselves. I always wonder what the hell she's hiding about her past."

Not exactly a secret: She was critical of Bush post 9-11 and then found she couldn't get work. It's why she kisses celebrity ass now and why she takes the paycheck from The View.

by Anonymousreply 127May 11, 2012 7:16 AM

Her "rape-rape" remark still stings. She tried to weasel out of it with a prepared comment about how people should know the situation before getting worked up about it but it will follow her like a piece of toilet paper stuck to her Birkenstocks.

by Anonymousreply 128May 11, 2012 3:09 PM

I really can't stand Whoopi anymore. Like the OP says a celebrity can do no wrong. The kind of preferential treatment does not make her very credible. Oh well, I don't want the View anyway.

by Anonymousreply 129May 11, 2012 3:40 PM

I like Whoopie's shoes, but hate the way she dresses. She did look great in Glee.

by Anonymousreply 130May 11, 2012 3:44 PM

Whoopi needs to go. Barbara needed to retire five years ago. Replace Sherri Shepherd with someone who has at least half a brain. That would be a major improvement.

by Anonymousreply 131May 11, 2012 9:44 PM

Only if she takes Hasselhorse with her.

by Anonymousreply 132May 11, 2012 9:47 PM

It's good to have Hasselhorse around because she lets you know the thinking of the freaky fundies. It's easy to put her down for her daily stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 133May 11, 2012 10:21 PM

This show is horrible.

I watch Stephanie Miller, or Thomas Roberts.

And, yes, Whoopi needs to go!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 134May 11, 2012 10:25 PM

Whoopi, you in danger, gurl!

by Anonymousreply 135May 11, 2012 10:25 PM

A shame, really, because Whoopi really was an actress of talent at one time.

Scrap the whole damn show and retire, Barbara, while you still have some dignity.

by Anonymousreply 136May 12, 2012 4:16 AM

[quote]Scrap the whole damn show and retire, Barbara, while you still have some dignity.

She never did have any dignity. That was apparent when she revealed she had an affair with that Republican politician years ago.

by Anonymousreply 137May 12, 2012 7:37 AM

They should replace her with Isabel Sanford's corpse.

by Anonymousreply 138May 12, 2012 8:02 AM

whoopi is a cushion that makes fart sounds. whoopi is a word for when two people fuck. whoopi is a sound you make when your going fast downhill. whoopi is a fantastic actress/comedian and has interesting and poignant things to mention when she gives her own opinions and "view" on topics that these hoes decide to cackle about everyday on t.v. at least whoopi goldberg has created things that are worth watching and worth spending your time on even if the view isn't one of them. the rest of the women on the panel are all dried up has beens that never really were. even barbara walters made her fame by having conversations with entertainers and artists like whoopi and others not by doing something entertaining herself.

by Anonymousreply 139May 22, 2012 7:10 PM

It just cracks me up that she bitches about fat people at Disneyland. Whoopi, have you looked in the mirror lately? You're HUGE!

by Anonymousreply 140May 28, 2012 5:02 PM

I think Whoopi is a positive person, and she should stay on the show. She is a lot better then the chic with the blond hair. Now she should leave. People have to understand that Whoopi was put on the show to voice her points.

by Anonymousreply 141October 9, 2012 3:17 PM

At times, I really like to hear Whoopie. Other times, I don't like the way she sides with celebrities who get away with shit.

by Anonymousreply 142October 9, 2012 3:32 PM

Whoppi is a PIG who farts, burps, and tells us she wets herself. She looks like a slob and her hair looks like she doesn't wash it.

She does anything for attention even farting during a celebrity interview.

Disgusting woman. Get rid of her. Just end the show.

by Anonymousreply 143October 9, 2012 3:51 PM

I forget what Whoopi's real name is, the one she used in the projects.

by Anonymousreply 144October 11, 2012 4:07 PM

HATE HER! SHE'S NOW AN ENTITLED CUNT WHO SUPPORTS THE 1%. SHE HINTS TO IT ALL THE TIME ON THE SHOW. FUCK HER AND I HOPE SHE DIES IN A GREASE FIRE!

by Anonymousreply 145October 11, 2012 4:11 PM

Whoopi should stay, but they need to get rid of big mouth Elisabeth who only think her opinion matters.

by Anonymousreply 146October 24, 2012 4:31 AM

She is the most sane of all the hosts. Yes, she can stick her foot in her mouth on occasion...but, she is the most truthful and least crazy of the bunch.

by Anonymousreply 147October 24, 2012 4:34 AM

I think she should leave the earth.

by Anonymousreply 148October 24, 2012 4:35 AM

Whoopi is one of the better ones, that other black women is the one who should go, she's so feckin stupid and anything that comes outta her mouth is worthless drivel.

by Anonymousreply 149October 24, 2012 4:38 AM

No need to stereotype, R149.

by Anonymousreply 150October 24, 2012 4:41 AM

The View needs to be totally recast. I'm sick of the not-funny idiot Behar, the annoying and whiny Hasslebeck, dumb Sherri and Whoopi annoys me when she defends stars all the time. If I could only keep 1 of those 4 it would be Whoopi though. The other 3 have got to go but I wouldn't mind Whoopi out either.

by Anonymousreply 151October 24, 2012 7:49 AM

I agree with getting rid of the entire panel and letting me do the show myself.

by Anonymousreply 152October 24, 2012 10:15 AM

Behar can annoy me a lot, but she annoys me the least of that group. And her viewpoint is usually the closest to mine. But in general, I just find the show unbearable. Once it was on at my mom's and I literally put my fingers in my ears when Sherri was about to say something, knowing exactly what she'd say and how much it'd irritate me.

by Anonymousreply 153October 24, 2012 10:43 AM

Sherri Shepard was hired to be the stereotypical, non-threatening mammy archetype. She makes white folks in Middle America comfortable with her willful ignorance and lack of formal education. Star Jones lost all that weight and got too 'uppity' for people.

by Anonymousreply 154October 24, 2012 10:53 AM

Get rid of The View.

by Anonymousreply 155October 24, 2012 10:58 AM

When I think of Whoopi, it's the Whoopi I love from her Broadway show in the 80s. She is brilliant beyond words.

I don't know what she's doing on that Walters talk show thing. I only see it when clips make the rounds. It looks awful and I assume Whoopi's doing it for the money.

Comparing her to whatever those other women do is apples to oranges.

by Anonymousreply 156October 24, 2012 11:48 AM

You had to see some of the horrible vile tweets Whoopi got for simply asking Ann Romney why her perfectly healthy husband and five sons didn't serve their country in time of war. You would have thought they came from Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 157October 24, 2012 12:31 PM

I don't have a gunt, so don't give a shit.

Who the fuck watches this dim shit? Who of that bunch of idiots confesses to it?

by Anonymousreply 158October 24, 2012 12:34 PM

Please inform us when those things kinda happen, R157.

I have my Twitter locked and loaded.

by Anonymousreply 159October 24, 2012 12:41 PM

I like Whoopi.

I do not, however, watch The View. Along with most people I know, I work during the day.

by Anonymousreply 160October 24, 2012 12:45 PM

Don't watch the view, but her performances in "The Color Purple" , and her Oscar winning role in "Ghost", have stood the test of time. She is a wonderful actress, given the right director / role. I don't really care for real life Whoopi however.

by Anonymousreply 161October 24, 2012 12:53 PM

It's funny how she's liberal but so willing to stand up on behalf of some obviously racist, sexist, homophobic Hollywood folk (and let's never forget she thought Ted Danson's blackface routine was a good idea), and yet crazy right-wing Elizabeth is always on the victim's side when they cover stories about sexism and racism. I remember being surprised by how teary-eyed she got over Trayvon Martin. Hmm.

by Anonymousreply 162October 24, 2012 4:35 PM

She's one of the most overrated performers ever to have lived. Her winning an Oscar was a travesty. She has an immense ego. She has defended the scum of the earth: Micheal Jackson, Michael Vick, Roman Polanski, Mel Gibson). She's not funny. She's not intelligent. She's ugly. She's obnoxious. She farted on national tv. She's a horror story!

by Anonymousreply 163October 24, 2012 10:09 PM

The View should be retired.

by Anonymousreply 164October 24, 2012 10:12 PM

[quote]She's one of the most overrated performers ever to have lived. Her winning an Oscar was a travesty. She has an immense ego. She has defended the scum of the earth: Micheal Jackson, Michael Vick, Roman Polanski, Mel Gibson). She's not funny. She's not intelligent. She's ugly. She's obnoxious. She farted on national tv. She's a horror story!

Don't you shake that cane at us Grandma! Go back to your rocking chair and box of ribbon candy and wait for "Queen For A Day" to make a comeback.

by Anonymousreply 165October 24, 2012 10:20 PM

Maybe you should leave the house and turn off the tv, OP.

by Anonymousreply 166October 24, 2012 10:22 PM

R20 is racist.

by Anonymousreply 167October 24, 2012 10:22 PM

I like Whoopi. I'm going to see her live on November 3rd.

by Anonymousreply 168October 24, 2012 10:23 PM

Sherri is the one I can't stand. I like her as an actress, but that woman is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 169October 24, 2012 10:26 PM

When Whoopie Goldberg leaves the View needs to find another 'rape-rape' celebrity defender. They all need to have fixed roles in order for a discussion to take place (if they believe in the opinion they voice is a completely different matter). What kind of show would the View be if they agree on every single topic?

by Anonymousreply 170October 24, 2012 10:28 PM

R165 is a Whoopi-loving retard.

by Anonymousreply 171October 25, 2012 1:19 AM

I was watching THE VIEW the other day and I had , what one might call, a morbid thought

they're all going to die at some point but who's going first?

and then I wondered how it all might play out

I think It could be a toss up between Whoopi and Joy. I'd think cancer.But then Whoopi I could also see living to to be over hundred , still performing in a nursing home as Fontaine at 103 until she feel and broke her hip, towards the end she was Fontaine (and kind of Bea lillie mad-Fontaine liked to expose his non existent junk to the young nurses)

I also see Walters to live to a rip old age but "bedridden" rewatching her old interviews save for the occasional "exclusive" such as when a British heir to o the throne comes out

Elisabeth will be the obvious "Survivor" but I think she will at some point undergo a life crisis dealing with a family member which causes a political crisis of faith and she'll end up the grand old broad of the conservative Democrats

Sherry will get fat.Think diabetes will kill her

by Anonymousreply 172October 25, 2012 2:11 AM

I was one of the hundred or so people that really liked her series. I loved the white sister-in-law who talked "ghetto."

by Anonymousreply 173October 25, 2012 2:13 AM

Whoopi would never go after Elisabeth like this -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174October 25, 2012 4:48 AM

Can't stand Whoopi on the show. Especially as of late, she's turned into a close-minded bitch. She's rude to people who don't agree with her and shows obvious disgust for those she doesn't like, even guests of the show. The View is just annoying anymore.

by Anonymousreply 175February 11, 2013 5:16 PM

I think it's time for them to wipe the slate clean and get an entire new panel. The only decent one is Joy, and even she's getting tiresome now.

If they were smart they'd have a new panel every season to keep things fresh.

by Anonymousreply 176February 11, 2013 5:45 PM

She defended Chick Fil A so yes.

by Anonymousreply 177February 11, 2013 5:47 PM

I am tired of Whoopi ALWAYS talking about race and being black! Sheri doesn't do that. Whoopi needs to just take a chill pill and settle the hell down!

by Anonymousreply 178March 15, 2013 3:13 PM

The only thing I don't like about Whoopi is her defending other celebrities that are assholes, and her constant mugging toward the camera and audience.

by Anonymousreply 179March 15, 2013 3:27 PM

Yes, Whoopi should leave The View. Because she used to do brilliant work and we could use more of it.

by Anonymousreply 180March 15, 2013 3:43 PM

I like her 80's stuff (Burglar, Jumpin Jack Flash, The Color Purple), but as a person, I don't like her. She has a face like a slapped ass all the time on The View and always looks miserable. So why is she there?

by Anonymousreply 181March 15, 2013 4:04 PM

Her holier than thou attitude really pisses me off! She thinks she's right about everything and that the other women have no clue. She's rude, she interrupts people, and just always tries to be different even if she's wrong or makes no sense. Stop talking about your damn egot! I was faithful viewer for years, but now I can hardly stand to watch it and won't watch it for long! Kick her off the show, please!

by Anonymousreply 182April 26, 2013 6:53 PM

Cancel the whole damn show and put it out of its misery. Sherri was the last straw always sampling the food in the cooking segments( nom nom nom) ooooh this be good!! Acting like the black female version of the Cookie Monster. So sad. Oh yeah, the " earth is flat" comment years ago should have been a red flag..

by Anonymousreply 183April 26, 2013 7:17 PM

They need to clean house and get rid of all of them. BTW, Sherri Shepard was not looking too pleased the last time Alexandra Wentworth was on the show as co-host. If she joined the show she would be replacing Joy. Brooke Shields would replace Elizabeth. Why is Sherri so annoyed/threatened by Ali? Is it because the rumor that Elizabeth is leaving is just that and they plan to replace Sherri "flat earther" Shepard with Ali? That would work for me. Let Elizabeth stay. The audience needs someone to hate. I'd love it if they replaced Whoopie with Wanda Sykes but Wanda is too talented and opinionated for that show.

by Anonymousreply 184April 26, 2013 7:29 PM

Whoopie is so full of herself as is Elizabeth Whoopie goes into an accent when she makes what she thinks is a pithy point and when was she ever married... Elizabeth sucks her teeth when she thinks she thinks she has made a salient point. Sherry is a sa about Elizabeth ( that's something from the 60's) take a guess....3 All of them use their hands too much and sherry should never wear a tiny wig ...she is too damn big...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185May 9, 2013 3:23 PM

They should scrap the whole panel and start over.

by Anonymousreply 186May 9, 2013 3:52 PM

What she needs is to lose weight. Soon she won't be able to walk long distances.

by Anonymousreply 187May 9, 2013 5:51 PM

Did anyone watch the guys who made OUTRAGE on the view a few years back? They got completely ambushed by the whole panel, Whoopi included!

Also, whoopi believes in Second class citizenship for gays with civil unions.

by Anonymousreply 188May 9, 2013 6:15 PM

R188 I don't remember that. Can you explain more?

by Anonymousreply 189May 9, 2013 6:17 PM

I liked her as an actress during the 80's and early 90's. She was great in the movies GHOST, SISTER ACT, SISTER ACT 2, and THE COLOR PURPLE. However, as a person, I'm not too fond of her.

Anywone, especially a female, who makes light of Roman Polanski's rape of a child, should be slapped. When she made that RAPE-RAPE comment, I immediately disliked her as a person. I don't hate her because hate is such a strong word. I just can't believe an adult woman would try to side with Polanski, who is a complete monster of a human being.

Not only did she defend pedophile Polanski, but she defended dog abuser Michael Vick, homophope Tracy Morgan, anti-semite Mel Gibson, and also Michael Jackson. What is wrong with her? Is she going to defend a celebrity who becomes a serial killer next? She makes light of celebs awful behavior and I can't her for it.

by Anonymousreply 190May 9, 2013 6:18 PM

It's on youtube, r198. Just search for it.

by Anonymousreply 191May 9, 2013 6:20 PM

[quote]Is she going to defend a celebrity who becomes a serial killer next?

She already has - she was defending OJ Simpson one time on The View.

by Anonymousreply 192May 9, 2013 6:22 PM

Shes annoying ugly and her voice is so harsh and unpleasant. Because of her I can't watch the show :/

by Anonymousreply 193August 8, 2013 3:11 PM

This piece of crap show should have folded after Rosie got shown the door. Anyone still watching it needs to get a life.

by Anonymousreply 194August 8, 2013 3:20 PM

She really beleives she's an intelligent woman, when in fact she is a dumb bitch. I'm surprised her daughter didn't turn out being in prison. She has no sense. She is an ingrate and incredibly rude, she treats Barbara like shit. Learn to respect people with a brain you dumb, arrogant cunt.

by Anonymousreply 195March 18, 2014 9:13 PM

she sided with chick fil a and shamed gays for bigotry so yes.

by Anonymousreply 196March 18, 2014 10:00 PM

R184 Ali is married to a gay man....Sherri hates the gay.

by Anonymousreply 197March 18, 2014 10:03 PM

I used to be a fan because I always enjoyed her presence in various films, but after seeing and hearing her on The View I'm a fan no longer.

by Anonymousreply 198March 19, 2014 12:58 AM

Are there actually people out there that watch this show..8 pairs of mouths flapping at the same time early in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 199March 19, 2014 1:04 AM

She must be on the show because of all the money she invested in the show. How else would she still be on there. The whole panel talks through each other, which is very frustrating. There should be more organization. Whoopi is not a good role model at all, and interrupts constantly.

by Anonymousreply 200March 20, 2014 4:21 PM

I'd like to hear more from Goldberg's husband's friend.

Is it true WG is a lesbo?

I heard her on the Stern show and he asked her outright.

WG: Howard you know me. I'm as straight as they come.

by Anonymousreply 201March 21, 2014 2:18 AM

She seems to throw out mixed messages.

But two marriages, a daughter, Ted effing Danson......

by Anonymousreply 202March 21, 2014 2:20 AM

The entire cast should be replaced.

by Anonymousreply 203March 21, 2014 5:46 PM

I hate to admit it but I occasionally watch the show on Hulu. Only the hot topics part.

It's like rubbernecking at a traffic accident.

by Anonymousreply 204March 21, 2014 5:59 PM

As usual, Uncle Tom Whoopi is defending a racist.

She's such a dumb sack of shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205June 6, 2014 4:31 AM

[all posts by racist flame-bait shit-stain removed.]

by Anonymousreply 206June 6, 2014 4:33 AM

Whoopi's a good egg. (or was) She used to come into a video store I worked at years ago. She even helped out the manager when the store closed suddenly and he had HIV/health expenses.

by Anonymousreply 207June 6, 2014 4:38 AM

I think that she bullies the other women on the show. I used to like her years ago but have had more than enough.

by Anonymousreply 208June 6, 2014 5:17 AM

They can't discuss politics anymore because Whoopi filibusters the whole segment and nobody else gets a word in.

by Anonymousreply 209June 6, 2014 5:45 AM

I miss Barbara dismissing Sherri politely while thinking to herself.."Why did I hire this stupid nigga"-If it's ok for her to use that word, then I can too". Whoopi claims she lost weight. Can't see it with her flowing rags she wears. Looks like Sherri has been at the cheesecake. It is fun to watch the hot topics segment to see how truly stupid they all are.

by Anonymousreply 210June 6, 2014 11:11 AM

I think the show is great so back off Whoopi and Rosie I believe these ladies are great and they make the show what it is interesting, funny, and this show has a lot of good topics that they discuss. I have to say way to go Whoopi and Rosie keep up the Good Work love the show Happy Birthday Whoopi

by Anonymousreply 211November 13, 2014 4:08 PM

So Whoopie and Rosie are at it again. But I agree with Rosie on this one. I'd be yelling at her too. In fact I wish I could yell at Whoopie about Cosby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212November 22, 2014 9:13 PM

When Dame Edna was on "The View", he/she called Whoopi by her real name "Caryn". Ha, ha.

by Anonymousreply 213November 22, 2014 9:32 PM

Whoopi should have been dumped with Sherri and McCarthy.

by Anonymousreply 214November 22, 2014 11:19 PM

She needs to get her own show on BET. Just about everything she references refers to black people and situations. The producers were crazy to keep her. She is not liked at all. And she gets uglier and uglier by the day.

by Anonymousreply 215November 23, 2014 12:36 AM

And please don't forget, oftentimes, she distinguishes herself as the least articulate member of The View. Go look at people on The Talk like Julie Chen and Sara Gilbert and you'll see intelligent, informed, well-spoken woman with opinions. (Sharon is wisely added likely for more for entertaining purposes).

by Anonymousreply 216November 23, 2014 12:56 AM

OMG !!

Whoopi Goldberg CALLED IN SICK TODAY - and on the first day of work of the year for the View!

by Anonymousreply 217January 5, 2015 3:12 PM

I'm sick of her looking like a frump all of the time. Okay we get it you aren't a fashion plate. But the Rasta granny drag is getting tired.

by Anonymousreply 218January 5, 2015 3:23 PM

Please tell be r216 is joking. Intelligent and well spoken topics from a hideous turtle-looking woman (which can't speak and shouldn't be near a talk show) and a woman who screwed her way into the CBS line up? That's better? The bar must be mighty low.

by Anonymousreply 219January 5, 2015 3:25 PM

Whoppi should have been dumped years ago. She is totally lacking in charm, personality, humor, and intelligence. With so many talanted AA women out there, why do they hang on to this old hag?

by Anonymousreply 220January 5, 2015 5:17 PM

[quote]Whoppi should have been dumped years ago. She is totally lacking in charm, personality, humor, and intelligence. With so many talanted AA women out there, why do they hang on to this old hag?

From February 2014:

[quote]“The View” recently brought aboard the second least-beloved (tied) daytime personality — but the show also has the third most-liked . . . . After DeGeneres and Symon, Whoopi Goldberg has the highest Q Score with 24. She also scores an 86 score in awareness, second only to Oprah Winfrey, who has a 93. . . . . Q Scores executive vice president Henry Schafer believes that his numbers can make or break a career — and his clients agree. They include agents, studios, and networks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221January 5, 2015 6:33 PM

Well if the rumors are true the only View co-host coming back for sure next year is Nicole Wallace. It seems Rosie Perez is a goner for sure none of the producers are happy with her performance. Wallace has tested well with fans but she's not ready to be the 'senior host' on the panel so the struggle the producers are facing is sticking with Rosie O'Donnell or Whoopi but not both. They are going to cut one of them out because they're not playing well together. Rosie O. only signed a one year deal and it's believed she's frustrated and won't renew her contract if Whoopi returns. Whoopi has three years left on her contract but network has a clause (as they do with all on air talent) to release her from the contract if they so choose. Whoopi has been out for over a week with a bad back and some producers have noticed the positive response from a large chunk of fans having Rosie O. as the moderator.

by Anonymousreply 222January 12, 2015 4:57 PM

The View has been so much better without Whoopi. What a difference.

by Anonymousreply 223January 13, 2015 4:08 PM

The View should leave the airways. Rosie You-Hurt-My-Feelings O'Donnell should be banned permanently from show business.

by Anonymousreply 224January 13, 2015 4:11 PM

I agree with R223. The show is much smoother without her. Rosie is a much better moderator. The mood is lighter. I think they should keep Nicole and Rosie and rebuild the rest of the panel. Or cancel. But Whoopi can't continue

by Anonymousreply 225January 13, 2015 4:24 PM

I was wondering when someone was finally going to bring up the topic of Whoopie not being on the view. It's a completely different show The mood is lighter and Rosie is actually interacting with the other hosts. You can cut the tension with a knife between Whoopie and Rosie.

by Anonymousreply 226January 13, 2015 4:31 PM

Maybe it really isn't a back injury. Maybe she's on suspension.

by Anonymousreply 227January 13, 2015 4:34 PM

I'll never forget Rosie (O) simply asking Whoopi how many women would it take coming forward before she changes her mind about Bill Cosby.

by Anonymousreply 228January 13, 2015 4:36 PM

It's a kinder, gentler Rosie O'Donnel we're seeing since she had a heart attack. A serious life altering event or illness can do that to you. You rethink a lot of personal priorities and issues. You realize what's really important.

by Anonymousreply 229January 13, 2015 4:40 PM

Whoopi should leave The View, and it pains me to say that because I used to love her, but the girl has lost it. And while I'm at it, Rosie never should have been invited back. What were they thinking?

by Anonymousreply 230January 13, 2015 4:46 PM

There is no "they." Ms. Walters still runs the show.

by Anonymousreply 231January 13, 2015 4:50 PM

I haven't watched it in years. I think it should go of the air. People need to be educated and to constantly have people who argue every point, is counter productive. They should not have a Republican on the show, giving false information all the time...there is no need for that. Since I haven't seen it, I'm just assuming that they have a better informed Elisabeth on the show.

by Anonymousreply 232January 13, 2015 4:53 PM

R232 Your opinion doesn't count, especially since you haven't seen the show. And Nichole Wallace is far more than a standard Republican. Her political orientation is actually not relevant .Wallace is actually one of the best things about this show.

And no, I'm not a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 233January 13, 2015 5:02 PM

get Debbie Matenopolous back, she's available

by Anonymousreply 234January 13, 2015 5:12 PM

Make it an all-Debbie panel, R234:

Harry

Reynolds

Rowe

Allen

Matenopolous

Moderator: Gibson

by Anonymousreply 235January 13, 2015 5:16 PM

Sponsored by Little Debbie Snack Cakes.

by Anonymousreply 236January 13, 2015 5:19 PM

The past five years, she has seemed mentally lazy and possibly overmedicated. I get the aging process, happens to us all, but she's paid to have interesting and thoughtful opinions.

by Anonymousreply 237January 13, 2015 5:20 PM

I like Whoopi but I agree with what people are saying the view has been so much better without her these last few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 238January 13, 2015 5:26 PM

I want Whoopi to stay and do not WANT a 'lighter mood'. There's more than enough superficial, middle-of-the-road mush pablum thinking for the masses during daytime TV. I don't want to hear a bunch of women playing into the idea they're only capable of banality and discussions about pantyhose. Housefraus and old trolls have plenty of other channels to turn to in order to hear their celebrity gossip, silly banter, and melodrama. The GOOD thing about Whoopi is she DOES add weight or gravitus to that ring of airheads and pearl clutchers she's currently surrounded by. I do wish she'd get her damned spine back, but it appears to be literally causing her problems now (hey, new chairs maybe? or are the producers trustafarian idiots too? "What will America think OF THE CHAIRS?!").

Rosie, otoh, plays the SJW with a sense of humour but the fact is with TWO female comedians up there, they should be able to take the sting out of heavier topics AND work off each others comedy style. Instead, they're being pitted against each other as intellectual heavyweights, and NONE of them are that. There's maybe two people on the entirety of the communications spectrum who can claim that anyway. But it's no reason to focus on hair products and spanks.

I think the person who MOST needs to go is Perez. She's just lost and only encourages friction, imo, between people with more intelligence and talent than she can muster on her best day.

by Anonymousreply 239January 13, 2015 6:10 PM

The only time the show ever interests me is when there is some kind of big controversy/fights, especially political. When I hear about it I watch the show online. I'm not interested in celebrities unless it's like fighting about Cosby raping all those women. I'm not interested in some fuck pluging his or her latest film, book, TV or B'way show. I'm not interested in DWTS or AI or any of that shit.

I'd be happiest if the show was a debate format between Rosie O and whoever.

by Anonymousreply 240January 13, 2015 6:18 PM

R240, I agree with much of what you said. It's just a shame that two of the most well known standup comed ians aren't using their comedy inside the socio-political topics like Carlin or, gulp, Mahr. Mahr is seen as funny AND intelligent whereas the Views producers seem to have fostered an either/or vibe with the women. When Joy was on the show, she added wit, sometimes stinging, to the crew. The momentum they initially picked up then was undermined by that frigid Elizabeth cunt. If they had booted her much, much sooner and brought Rosie back right away or allowed Whoopi to be more humorous, no one would've noticed Barbara leaving. Hmm, maybe that was behind it LOL

by Anonymousreply 241January 13, 2015 6:33 PM

looks like ABC is about to cancel the show because, among other things:

An insider reportedly told TMZ that Rosie O'Donnell is "impossible to deal with"...

by Anonymousreply 242January 14, 2015 9:03 PM

Rosie's always been severely mental, and The View should have been cancelled yrs ago.

by Anonymousreply 243January 14, 2015 11:19 PM

The View will be cancelled and be replaced with a 3rd hour of GMA!

by Anonymousreply 244January 14, 2015 11:28 PM

Whoopi Goldberg is back, and she's higher than a fucking kite on her "pain meds." She's an even bigger ass than she normally is.

by Anonymousreply 245January 20, 2015 3:33 PM

The loud cackling and shouting on the show today is unbelievable. Is Whoopi sharing those meds?

by Anonymousreply 246January 20, 2015 3:42 PM

They have given her a welcome back fit for Julius Caesar. She isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Unfortunately. I was thinking the same thing, r245. I half expected her to announce that she's a PEPPA!.

by Anonymousreply 247January 20, 2015 3:43 PM

R245, did she fight with Rosie today?

by Anonymousreply 248January 20, 2015 3:44 PM

I didn't watch it from the start today but tuned in half way through. I like Rosie. The band they have today is great.

I am enjoying the show, hope they don't cancel.

by Anonymousreply 249January 20, 2015 3:46 PM

Not r245. She took on Rogen and Moore. I agreed with what she said but she was waaay over the top in her outrage. I can't for the life of me figure out how she won an Oscar. She's a crappy actress. She and Rosie are playing nice. For now. RO does look nervous though.

by Anonymousreply 250January 20, 2015 3:48 PM

You post that same insider scoop on every thread about The View, r242. What about the rumor that Rosie Perez was fired? For being even more difficult to deal with?

by Anonymousreply 251January 20, 2015 3:54 PM

I think when people get older, they lose their ability to make jokes, everything seems so serious, so sad, nothing's funny anymore.

by Anonymousreply 252January 20, 2015 4:12 PM

Did Whoopie have surgery or something?

by Anonymousreply 253January 20, 2015 4:14 PM

I haven't watched the show in years but maybe I should?

Was Rogen on the show, why?

by Anonymousreply 254January 20, 2015 4:17 PM

Rogen wasn't on the show but he made a statement linking American Sniper with the Nazis. Google it. I don't know his exact words but he just needs to shut his hypocritical piehole. Moore took the opportunity to get press for himself by shitting on the movie as well. Of course, Rogen had no problem creaming over the Mossad in his movie Knocked Up. Which he co-wrote. I bet he's never even been to Is-h-rael.

by Anonymousreply 255January 20, 2015 5:43 PM

I always thought Whoopi was an asshole. That's just my pereption of her.

by Anonymousreply 256January 20, 2015 5:46 PM

Oh, stuff it, r252. I worked with the elderly for many, many years. They made me laugh every day. It was a joy to go to work and take care of people who were still so full of life and love and humor. You sound like an utter bore.

by Anonymousreply 257January 20, 2015 5:47 PM

yes she is discusting ,she ruins morning television ,she acts like a low life ,unpleasant to be around and watch with your morning coffee ,barbara must of been nuts to hire her .the whole crew needs to be replaced ,but whoppi especially .

by Anonymousreply 258February 4, 2015 11:53 PM

Goldberg is rude crude and ugggly. Her mouth needs to go away fast!!! And her face and sense of fashion is on another planet, where she needs to go asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 259February 19, 2015 12:57 AM

I like Whoopi. I watch because of her.

Nobody is even going to watch if they get rid of her. You're retarded if you think people are going to tune in to that spanish lady who doesn't shower every day.

What other big names can they get for this show? If no big names, then forget it. I sure ain't gonna tune in for some reality show whores.

by Anonymousreply 260February 19, 2015 1:01 AM

[quote]I always thought Whoopi was an asshole.

I don't think she was always an asshole; just the last five or six years. She should have been dumped as soon as she was no longer funny and unable to contribute anything that displayed at least a modicum of intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 261February 19, 2015 1:11 AM

Any plans Whoopi had for leaving The View are now apparently blocked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262February 19, 2015 1:13 AM

The show has been great this week. Frankly there seems to be a better flow and less tension. I also notice folks helping Rosie Perez. I am a fan again.

For me the chemistry was off because of Rosie. It was not anything she was doing. It was just the way it felt to me.

by Anonymousreply 263February 19, 2015 1:22 AM

I've mentioned this before. Goldberg is one of the most well liked people on daytime television. In 2014 she had the 3rd highest Q score in daytime television. Ellen Degeneres had the highest and The Chew's Michael Symon had the 2nd highest. (Both scored 30 in likeability). Goldberg scored a 23 in likeablility. She ranks 2nd only to Oprah Winfrey in awareness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264February 19, 2015 1:49 AM

Are these people watching with the sound and picture off, r264? She is not likable by a long shot. She is a bloviating asshole who turns every discussion into some half-assed lecture about the nature of "the business". Taraji P. Henson was on the show and WG was so unbelievably condescending and phony towards her when it was obvious that WG is pea green with envy over that juicy role that TPH KILLS on Empire.. And yet here was WG going on and on about how TPH has been around FOREVER but is just now getting the recognition she deserves. And how touched that makes her, WG, feel. Bitch! The woman was nominated for an Oscar! And then today I read that WG is trying to get on Empire. Don't do it Lee Daniels! You don't need that mess on your show! Fuck her and her not so subtle digs at my girl. A woman who acts rings around that Jabba the Mutt looking homeless bag lady. And fuck her clown shoes, too!

by Anonymousreply 265February 19, 2015 3:45 AM

Through the decades, I've gone from being a fan to meh to active dislike.

The "meh" phase was from a time where I think she might have been making herself edgy. That I can respect.

The "active dislike" phase came from her time on "The View." I kind of think that if Whoopi was interviewing Charles Manson, she'd be deferential and let him know that she kind of understands why he did the things that he did, and she'd gladly endorse whatever show-biz project he was there to endorse.

by Anonymousreply 266February 19, 2015 3:50 AM

[quote]And yet here was WG going on and on about how TPH has been around FOREVER but is just now getting the recognition she deserves. And how touched that makes her, WG, feel. Bitch! The woman was nominated for an Oscar! And then today I read that WG is trying to get on Empire. Don't do it Lee Daniels! You don't need that mess on your show! Fuck her and her not so subtle digs at my girl. A woman who acts rings around that Jabba the Mutt looking homeless bag lady. And fuck her clown shoes, too!

Taraji Henson has started landing TV roles in the 1990's. She had her first leading film role in 2001. Benjamin Buttons was in 2008. So, yes she really has been around forever and unlike it does for some; her Academy Award nomination failed to launch her into the stratosphere. What Goldberg said was absolutely correct. Those weren't digs; those were the facts.

[quote]She is a bloviating asshole who turns every discussion into some half-assed lecture about the nature of "the business".

Goldberg is a 30+ year veteran of the "business". She is an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony winner. She probably knows the nature of the business pretty well.

[quote]Are these people watching with the sound and picture off,She is not likable by a long shot.

Keep in mind that she only needs to be likeable for the show's target audience, which would be women.

by Anonymousreply 267February 19, 2015 4:40 AM

Christ, you are as tiresome as she is, r267. I watched the show. I know what I saw and heard. She was giving TPH backhanded "compliments" and put the woman on the spot. Who the fuck cares how long she's been around? She is KILLING it on Empire. Right now. You sound like a publicist. Or an agent. Do yourself a favor and take some of that money Whoopie is paying you and buy a sense of humor. You sound as self-important and pretentious as your client;)

by Anonymousreply 268February 19, 2015 4:58 AM

[quote]Christ, you are as tiresome as she is, [R267]. I watched the show. I know what I saw and heard. She was giving TPH backhanded "compliments" and put the woman on the spot. Who the fuck cares how long she's been around? She is KILLING it on Empire. Right now. You sound like a publicist. Or an agent. Do yourself a favor and take some of that money Whoopie is paying you and buy a sense of humor. You sound as self-important and pretentious as your client;)

Yeah right I'm a publicist who gets paid big bucks to post on Datalounge because the opinions of a handful of 70 yr old queens can make or break my clients. Oh well you figured me out. You're an absolute genius. You should probably rest your genius brain now. Don't want to over do it.

by Anonymousreply 269February 19, 2015 5:22 AM

Oh, look. Whoopie is compiling her "audition" tape for Empire, y'all. Oooh, Child! Hoo! Ha! Get it Whookie!

by Anonymousreply 270February 19, 2015 3:10 PM

I'm certain neither Miss Goldberg nor the executives at ABC care what a bunch of homosexuals think.

by Anonymousreply 271February 19, 2015 3:30 PM

Whoopie will be there to the end. And there's no doubt that it will be cancelled at the end of this season.

by Anonymousreply 272February 19, 2015 7:45 PM

She'll never again get such an easy job at such a good salary. Her 'tude for the past five years has helped it go downhill to cancellation.

by Anonymousreply 273February 20, 2015 12:00 AM

R265, You are an idiot. Whoopi was right. There were no "dig". You are either stupid or racist. Probably both. T's slow rise was due to her black skin. Whitey don't like dark. But look to you to call out Whoopi and not whitey. Typical racist lesbo bitch. Just shut the fuck up. You are not good enough to clean either of those ladies toilets.

by Anonymousreply 274February 20, 2015 12:10 AM

Whoopi has changed. She's generally not funny and she's hard to watch. Worst of all, she's lost any credibility she had by consistently and irrationally defending every showbiz low-life from Michael Jackson to Mel Gibson. When she started out in her career, she seemed to speak for the poor and those without a voice. Now, she's become just another Hollywood PR hack defending entitled celebrities.

As far as The View, I think Joy said it best, "Who cares? What difference does it make?"

by Anonymousreply 275February 20, 2015 2:14 AM

Did Frank Langella mention her in his memoir? Was she the fuck of the century?

by Anonymousreply 276February 20, 2015 2:23 AM

Langella is gay.

by Anonymousreply 277February 20, 2015 2:42 AM

Really, r277? So he lived with Goldberg all those years as a platonic friend? He seems more Walker than Beard but that doesn't make him gay.

by Anonymousreply 278February 20, 2015 8:07 AM

I can't stand when Whoopi makes fun of white people With her "valley girl" voice. Also her outfits , I I get it she's trying to be herself and blah Blah blah but she is on tv listen to a stylest Don't think because your Whoppi you can Be a diva. She seems like she doesn't even Wanna be there. I used to like her ... Eh

by Anonymousreply 279April 9, 2015 3:11 PM

[quote] blah Blah blah but she is on tv listen to a stylest

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 280April 9, 2015 3:18 PM

GET RID OF HER. Why does she always laugh when explaining something.....boring, can't stand her. She dresses like a freak, and her comments are always racially directed against the white. Don't need this and the reason I no longer watch the show.

by Anonymousreply 281April 17, 2015 5:36 AM

I thought The View was no longer on.

by Anonymousreply 282April 17, 2015 5:47 AM

Today they were discussing the Kylie Jenner Challenge. Kylie issued a half-assed statement saying she doesn't want young girls to emulate her looks. They should develop their own individual style. And believe me, I'm making her sound alot smarter than she really is. Strange since she tries her best to look like Kim. Anyway, three of the women on the panel were outraged at Kylie's lack of clarity and said she should have told these idiots to stop what they are doing before they seriously hurt or disfiigure themselves. Whoopie was the only one to defend Kylie for copping out. Big surprise. The other women were clearly annoyed with Whoopie. Oh, and her butt ugly daughter was on the show. And had absolutely nothing of interest to say other than HER reality show airs this summer. WTF? When did Whoopie suddenly morph into Sharon Osbourne? Pawning off her putrid spawn on an unsuspecting public. I guess she's going to squeeze every opportunity she can out of her last year on The View. The second coming of Fatty Starbuckle. Oh, goody.

by Anonymousreply 283April 22, 2015 9:48 PM
by Anonymousreply 284October 15, 2017 2:10 AM

I don't want Whoopi to leave leave.

by Anonymousreply 285October 15, 2017 2:29 AM

It wasn't rape rape

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286October 15, 2017 3:31 PM

I watched "The View" this week for the first time in ages and saw that Whoopi Goldberg is just being billed as "Whoopi" while the others are "Joy Behar," "Megan McCain," etc.

Are we back in 1989 and is she pulling a "Jackee"? Or maybe a 1991 and she's now a Roseanne?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287January 28, 2018 12:24 AM

The View is only marginally watchable when Joy is moderating, and even then, Joy jumps on every punch line she could find and derails any discussion (not that the others at the current table could contribute much original thoughts).

by Anonymousreply 288January 28, 2018 12:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!