Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nice celebrities

So we hear the negative stories a lot but any nice ones?%0D %0D %0D I fell up the subway stairs once and Neil Patrick Harris picked up my notebook and asked if I was ok. Neither one of us were out of the closet yet...I sometimes think if only....

by Anonymousreply 147July 12, 2018 2:09 PM

Mila Kunis... her puppy ran up to say hello to me and she was really sweet and unnecessarily apologetic about him. Very nice, humble, chatty. I liked her family too; they were very polite. They had come to see her at the studio and it's obvious that she's very close with them. Bill Paxton, super nice to crew, honestly interested in their opinions. Ben Affleck, only interacted with him a little, but found him to be professional and polite. Hires nice assistants, too.

by Anonymousreply 1February 10, 2011 7:07 AM

This is going to be a short thread.

by Anonymousreply 2February 10, 2011 8:15 AM

So is that all of them?

by Anonymousreply 3February 12, 2011 12:39 AM

Dermot Mulroney was super friendly to me and my family one New Year's Eve but I think he was high so I don't know if that counts.

by Anonymousreply 4February 12, 2011 12:42 AM

Patty Duke and her sons.

by Anonymousreply 5February 12, 2011 12:42 AM

Dave Grohl is awesome. I was shocked that he was so friendly and down to earth.

by Anonymousreply 6February 12, 2011 12:45 AM

Tori Amos- beautiful eyes and very kind, and a wonderful speaker.

Heather Locklear- Simply wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 7February 12, 2011 12:49 AM

Any more details, R6? I wish I could have met Kurt Cobain.

by Anonymousreply 8February 12, 2011 12:50 AM

The ones in the business who were the best: The late Ricardo Montalban and Tom Selleck.

by Anonymousreply 9February 12, 2011 12:54 AM

I ran into Dave Grohl backstage at a concert when I was in college (Foo Fighters were playing with RHCP). I didn't want to be a drooling fan, but I saw Dave and was like "Hey!" He was really friendly and had zero attitude whatsoever (He asked me how I was doing, etc.). He also talked to a friend a mine at length about playing drums (my friend was a drummer).

by Anonymousreply 10February 12, 2011 1:03 AM

Thanks R6/R10.

by Anonymousreply 11February 12, 2011 1:07 AM

I went to prep school with Dave Grohl (he was a senior when I was a freshman). He was nice. Would have never guessed he would have made it big time. Didn't strike me as the ambitious type.

by Anonymousreply 12February 12, 2011 1:10 AM

Interesting, R12. Maybe not much ambition at the time, but he sure could smack those drums very hard.

by Anonymousreply 13February 12, 2011 1:14 AM

Drummers are great in the sack.

by Anonymousreply 14February 12, 2011 1:16 AM

Gloria Estefan has a reputation of being the nicest person ever!

by Anonymousreply 15February 12, 2011 1:20 AM

Lily Tomlin

Stacy Q.

Mark-Paul Gosselaar

Lark Voorhees

Shirley Knight

by Anonymousreply 16February 12, 2011 1:21 AM

Jennifer Tilly is one of the nicest people alive. She always has a kind word to say and a smile on her face, always. Colin Farrell is really nice, too - genuine, unpretentious and with a razor-sharp sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 17February 12, 2011 1:24 AM

The last time we did this, a lot of people said Heather Locklear. I posted the story of a friend of mine who waited on her and said she was incredibly friendly, found out he was in college, asked him what he was studying, told him about her college experiences, etc., then left a big tip on the way out.

Months later she came back to the restaurant to eat again, saw him, smiled, and greeted him by name.

Besides Heather, the others most often mentioned seemed to be Dolly Parton and Elizabeth Montgomery (by the slightly older ladies and gents).

by Anonymousreply 18February 12, 2011 1:28 AM

Dolly Parton definitely owns this thread. She and Keanu Reeves - both in the business for decades, and not one person to badmouth their attitudes.

by Anonymousreply 19February 12, 2011 1:32 AM

Sigourney Weaver%0D %0D Valerie Harper%0D %0D Kathleen Turner%0D %0D Robert Loggia%0D %0D Katherine Helmond%0D %0D Al Pacino%0D %0D Stephen Collins%0D %0D Bill Pullman

by Anonymousreply 20February 12, 2011 1:38 AM

Josh Groban. He was a real charmer too. Better looking in real life, and gorgeous hands.

by Anonymousreply 21February 12, 2011 1:51 AM

Personal stories like OP's are far better than lists of celebrities rumored to be "nice."

Mine, admittedly minor: I ran into Natascha McElhone in the far West Village, many years ago now. We were both trying to walk down a street that was, ironically, blocked for a movie production. I gave her alternate directions and we watched the filming for a bit, then walked about a block together, chatting. She mentioned that she was an actress - I hadn't seen her in anything at the time. She was completely down to earth and absolutely gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 22February 12, 2011 2:05 AM

Hugh Jackman has a reputation as one of the easiest to work with and down to earth. And I know DL hates them but I have heard John Trovolta and Tom Cruise are very nice as well.

by Anonymousreply 23February 12, 2011 2:10 AM

[quote]And I know DL hates them but I have heard John Trovolta and Tom Cruise are very nice as well.%0D %0D Here's what I heard about one of them: During the filming of "Top Gun," something went wrong in one of the scenes and Tom Cruise was temporarily trapped under water. A Navy SEAL assigned to watch over the set, jumped in and rescued Cruise. He never thanked the SEAL.

by Anonymousreply 24February 12, 2011 2:30 AM

Hey, Xenu at R23: They're all closet cases. That makes them big fat phonies...incapable of sincere acts. If they're nice, it's only because they're conditioned to care about their image 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 25February 12, 2011 2:44 AM

r23, don't be so naive. Hugh Jackman may appear to be a nice guy, but look at what this NFL reporter had to deal with after the Superbowl radio show. Not nice.

John Travolta is probably the same. Really nice guy but can be extremely manipulative. I feel that years in the closet and self denial and public endearment must have done real damages. You can never tell whether they are really genuine or faking it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 12, 2011 2:50 AM

Kathy Bates

by Anonymousreply 27February 12, 2011 2:57 AM

Colin Firth is really nice. Down to earth, self deprecating, compassionate and reasonably friendly. Love him.

by Anonymousreply 28February 12, 2011 3:00 AM

Please R26. Jackman had nothing to do with that. If anyone connected to him was involved it was his reps, who can be bigger bitches than the celebrity. I've never heard a bad word about Jackman before, he's a class act.

by Anonymousreply 29February 12, 2011 3:01 AM

Joan Rivers. Gave her a tour of Cindy Adams apt. She was so sweet. She's small and like a grandmother, but more fun. At the end of the evening all Cindy wanted to ask the only other guest was what Joan thought of her apartment.

by Anonymousreply 30February 12, 2011 3:01 AM

NPH is the only celebrity I've met, and he was totally nice. He was filming in Rittenhouse Square in Philly and I stopped by to watch while walking the dog. The scene had just wrapped (is that the right word?) and he started walking out of the park toward his hotel. I called his name from behind and asked if I could get a picture with him, since my boyfriend and I thought he was so cute. He said absolutely and was nice to my dog and took the picture with me! It was my Facebook picture for a while, and everyone says the picture looks like we're BFFs.

by Anonymousreply 31February 12, 2011 3:32 AM

John Waters. Very nice and approachable.

by Anonymousreply 32February 12, 2011 3:34 AM

Godzilla. Impeccable manners.

by Anonymousreply 33February 12, 2011 3:35 AM

I don't care if they are nice. As long as they are not giant assholes, I appreciate talent and personality more than a boring nice guy image.

by Anonymousreply 34February 12, 2011 3:56 AM

My impression of Travolta is that he's nice but has a sort of childlike simplicity to him and that he definitely works the "good star, bad assistant" system to his advantage. His entourage was also ridiculously protective of him, no doubt to keep him from being exposed to any "entheta."

My impression of Cruise from pieced together accounts from friends and coworkers is that when he stands to gain something, he can really turn up the faux charm. But dare to cross him, and he's one intense little asshole.

by Anonymousreply 35February 12, 2011 5:43 AM

LOL R33! W&W for you.

by Anonymousreply 36February 12, 2011 5:58 AM

Beyonce is a total pro

Hugh Jackman is so nice it is almost a fault

Anne Hathaway is a complete nerd and couldn't be more lovely

Cynthia Nixon is one of the nicest people I have ever met

by Anonymousreply 37February 12, 2011 6:37 AM

"Kathleen Turner"

Too bad she's married to a slum lord.

Her husband has been known to warehouse available apartments in his buildings for years. He then then puts weird people in those empty apartments, then pays these creeps to harass the longtime tenants by making extreme noise, you know, the usual harrassment tactics landlords do when they want everyone out of their buildings. Shuts off the hot water etc.

Three of his buildings are in prime Manhattan areas, if he gets everyone out of these three four floor buildings, then knocks them down, he can build a nice new shiny huge condo or co-op building.

A friend's cousin has been in and out of housing court with this guy for years! I think he manages to hide he's a landlord, he claims to be a musician!

If Kathleen Turner was so nice she wouldn't be married to such a slimy guy.

by Anonymousreply 38February 12, 2011 7:06 AM

I want to hear more about Josh Groban.

by Anonymousreply 39February 12, 2011 7:59 AM

David Hyde Pierce is one of the nicest people I have met. I was surprised at how chilled and 'un-Niles' he is. Genuinely warm, caring, thoughtful and self-deprecating.

by Anonymousreply 40February 12, 2011 8:08 AM

Robin Wright - I'm glad she finally gave up on Sean.

Robert Vaughan

Metallica

Wynonna

Diane Keaton

(Since someone mentioned Stacey Q) Safire and Jocelyn Enriquez - the former is one of my girlfriend's good friends and I've met the latter on several occasions.

by Anonymousreply 41February 12, 2011 8:15 AM

I've posted this several times before but Ann-Margret was extremely nice. I worked with her for a three week period. She was polite to all, very kind, and had impeccable manners. When you spoke to her you could tell she was really listening. I believe because of their fondness toward her.g to you. The people who worked with her were very protective of her.

by Anonymousreply 42February 12, 2011 9:26 AM

David Boreanaz is very nice, polite, funny, and loves hearing all about others. You must treat him like you would everyone else. He hates celebrity bullshit and fakes and is a great friend. David is also much smarter than people realize; he's no dummy. For real.

by Anonymousreply 43February 12, 2011 9:54 AM

Rodney Dangerfield was always polite, but very aloof. To my mom, he was nice, but he was hitting on her.%0D %0D Nick Colasanto was in love with my aunt, as were William B. Williams and about half of 1960s Manhattan.%0D %0D Cynthia Nixon, my grade-school classmate, is (or was) about the NICEST person you could ever know, very ethical and compassionate, though I'm sure the A-list has hardened her a bit. %0D %0D Diane Lane is human SHIT. I once watched her boyfriend bully someone with a mental illness while she stood silent. I understood that part, since the situation was awkward, but she kept fucking my cousin for years after that, and that was far from the only time he ever acted out. He was also a hardcore drug user for what that's worth. Now if you asked her agent, the brain-damaged Joan Hyner (major car accident), she'd tell you about how Diane ran to CVS to get her nail polish while she was in the hospital, and was by her bedside ever day for months, so draw your own conclusions. I'll still never forget watching her stand down and let my cousin be the total asshole he was, and probably still is.%0D %0D Don Imus? No comment.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 44February 12, 2011 9:58 AM

My mother worked on a film with Karen Black, said she was nice, friendly, and completely professional. For some reason, mom thought she was going to be a diva and was pleased to find out that wasn't true.

She also worked with Dennis Hopper, who was quiet in a kind of weird way. Wouldn't talk to anyone who wasn't the director or with a decent sized role in the film. To be fair, he was in an absolute shithole town and might have been freaked the hell out by the natives who were extras.

by Anonymousreply 45February 12, 2011 11:07 AM

Julianne Moore, seriously. She was REALLY nice when I met her. Couldn't be more down to earth.

by Anonymousreply 46February 12, 2011 11:20 AM

Bo Jackson%0D %0D %0D when i was a kid he lived near us in KC. His neighborhood was not gated and his house back up to the main road. You would often see him outside with his wife and kid. True family man. One day my dad and I saw him outside washing his Lamborghini. We went over with his rookie baseball card and asked if he would sign it. He did and chatted with my dad and I. Super super nice. %0D %0D He was the first Nike star, even before Jordan. Had he not broken his hip he would have probably broken all kinds of records in football and baseball. We are so used to seeing athletes these days behaving badly. He truly was the diamond in the rough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47February 12, 2011 11:34 AM

Bebe Neuwirth. Carved her initials in my forehead as something to always remember her by.

by Anonymousreply 48February 12, 2011 11:43 AM

#44, I hate hearing that about Diane. She has real issues with controlling/abusive men I gather..

by Anonymousreply 49February 12, 2011 11:45 AM

"Mark-Paul Gosselaar"

Did you meet him, R16?

by Anonymousreply 50February 12, 2011 11:45 AM

I don't know how she is now, but WAY back before some of you were even born (1971) Linda Rondstadt was giving a concert at my college. The concert was held in the campus sports arena. After it was over I told my 2 friends I needed to go down to the locker room to retrieve something from me locker. As we passed one of the locker rooms there was Linda sitting on a bench putting on her tennis shoes, all alone. We (drunk as skunks) just barged in and fawned over her. She couldn't have been nicer. Sat there alone with 3 drunk male college students talking about all sorts of things. She was a sweetheart. Of course she may have been scared out of her wits thinking we were going to attempt to gang rape her, but she never let on.

by Anonymousreply 51February 12, 2011 11:49 AM

Perry Bamonte, formerly of The Cure. Sweetest guy, around; not a note of pretension. Helped me pick up my purse when it spilled, and remembered my name almost ten years later, when he took my hand-painted jacket around backstage and had all the band members sign it - the kicker? He brought it back to me personally, and said he was afraid that the security guy wouldn't be able to find me.

by Anonymousreply 52February 12, 2011 11:53 AM

Stevie Nicks was nice enough to remove her boot from my coot-crack after she kicked it in and broke my vagina bone. I've never been the same since and oh....I'm barren now.

by Anonymousreply 53February 12, 2011 12:01 PM

I've heard it said that the bigger the celebrity, the nicer they generally are to their fans. I know it's not always the case, but more often than not I've found it to be true.

The performers who've really made it big (even the ones who aren't working that much any longer) and have no financial worries tend to be nicer in general than those coming up through the ranks trying to make it. They don't have anything to prove any longer and many of them are just very happy to still have fans interested in them long after their star has faded.

It's the immature youngsters who think because they're on a hit show and making big bucks, they're shit doesn't stink and they're somehow better than "regular people". They don't have the maturity to know that their celebrity can end actually quicker than it started, because they can't see any farther than the end of their noses.

by Anonymousreply 54February 12, 2011 12:01 PM

"The performers who've really made it big (even the ones who aren't working that much any longer) and have no financial worries tend to be nicer in general than those coming up through the ranks trying to make it. They don't have anything to prove any longer and many of them are just very happy to still have fans interested in them long after their star has faded."

Tell that to Lauren Bacall...the meanest trout face to ever kick a cooze.

by Anonymousreply 55February 12, 2011 12:05 PM

As I said R55, they "TEND" to be nicer. Nowhere did I say "ALL" stars who've made it big are nice "ALL THE TIME".

by Anonymousreply 56February 12, 2011 12:14 PM

The damage is done r54...no, no...there's no going back now. so sorry.

by Anonymousreply 57February 12, 2011 12:26 PM

But ya still said, "they're shit doesn't stink", Blanche. Ya did.

by Anonymousreply 58February 12, 2011 12:27 PM

R57, the only damage done is clearly the brain damage you received at some point in your life. Most likely from being pummeled by someone you smarted off to at the wrong time.

by Anonymousreply 59February 12, 2011 12:33 PM

R58 clearly is far too dumb to be posting here since he clearly doesn't know the difference between "their" and "they're".

Go back to school hon and take some remedial courses and then get back to us. MMMMkay!

by Anonymousreply 60February 12, 2011 12:35 PM

Kathleen Turner divorced that slimy landlord years ago, she was as wise to him then as you are now r38.%0D %0D I've worked with her a couple of times over the years and always found her to be very down to earth, with a healthy sense of humor about herself and the business.

by Anonymousreply 61February 12, 2011 12:41 PM

You're kidding, right, r60? Right?

by Anonymousreply 62February 12, 2011 12:46 PM

Break it down, r60. That may make it clearer for you:

"It's the immature youngsters who think because they're (THEY ARE) on a hit show and making big bucks, they're (THEY ARE?!?) shit doesn't stink and they're (THEY ARE) somehow better than "regular people".

Fool.

by Anonymousreply 63February 12, 2011 12:49 PM

that's a whole lotta *clearly* cunt r59.

smooches cunt

by Anonymousreply 64February 12, 2011 12:52 PM

I agree r63...gasping in disbelief at the depths of raw stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 65February 12, 2011 12:54 PM

[quote]NPH is the only celebrity I've met, and he was totally nice

What does NPH stand for?

By the way, is it so much work to write a full name?

by Anonymousreply 66February 12, 2011 1:00 PM

r66 is a newbie. And a cunt.

Marilyn Horne apologized to me for the bulk of the winter coat she hung on the back of her seat in front of me, when we were both attending Souvenir on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 67February 12, 2011 1:05 PM

r66 hasn't had her coffee yet.

by Anonymousreply 68February 12, 2011 1:06 PM

[quote]And a cunt.

Was that really necessary?

by Anonymousreply 69February 12, 2011 1:09 PM

yes r69...you know...a spade a spade and all that?

by Anonymousreply 70February 12, 2011 1:21 PM

Completely. Buck up, Private!

by Anonymousreply 71February 12, 2011 1:22 PM

Yes, r69. You're a newbie and you mouthed off.

So you're a cunt.

And you don't refer to yourself as "66". It is "r66".

by Anonymousreply 72February 12, 2011 1:23 PM

[quote][R66] is a newbie. And a cunt.

Fuck off, you nasty cunt.

by Anonymousreply 73February 12, 2011 1:28 PM

I met Marc Anthony once (I'm a huge fan of his music) and he couldn't have been nicer. Very humble, down-to-earth and very funny. I'm disappointed to read so much crap about him online (from him beating his wife to abusing drugs) but I really liked him. I like to think all the rumors aren't true, but who knows.

by Anonymousreply 74February 12, 2011 1:31 PM

This is kind of old and random but when I was I was nineteen my friends and I went to see The Grateful Dead in some old auditorium at MIT. It was the first time I had ever tripped and was kind of unsteady on my feet. During a break, Jerry Garcia leaned down from the platform just before the band exited, put a hand on my shoulder and asked if I was okay. He had a kind smile. And, no, I didn't hallucinate this.

This summer I took my niece to see Adam Lambert. After the show she begged to go back by the tour buses to see if she could get an autograph. There was a crowd of maybe a hundred screaming fan girls. Kind of overwhelming. He went up and down the lines signing stuff, giving hugs, chatting, being relaxed and patient. Seemed like a very sincere guy to me.

by Anonymousreply 75February 12, 2011 1:53 PM

This thread has gone off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 76February 12, 2011 2:10 PM

I was raised in Tennessee.

Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash had a home in my town for ages. They were both very nice and humble people who did their own grocery shopping and all of that. They even made their son get a job in High School so he could learn the value of a dollar. He worked at Krystal's (which is like the Southern version of White Castle) and was a very nice kid. He was quite earnest at that job and polite as all get out.

I met Dolly Parton at a hospital one time near the holiday season. I was volunteering as a Candy Striper and had to escort the gentleman who ran the hospital while he was giving Dolly Parton a tour. She wanted to see how all of the children of the pediatrics ward were doing and was very sweet and kind to them all. On Christmas Eve, she came back and brought them all presents. No publicity for either visit at all. I have no idea as to why she did not have any children of her own, but she must be a great aunt to all of her siblings children, because she had true love and respect towards all of those ill children of the hospital. She teased me in a light hearted way for being really tall for my age (she is so tiny, though!) and actually spoke to me in an absolutely non patronizing manner.

So. The late June Carter and Johnny Cash were basically salt of the Earth people who raised their son quite well. Haven't a bit of dirt on them at all!

And, Dolly Parton is just the sweetest! The only dirt I have on her is that she is tiny! Tiny! Oh, and she has great bone structure and I have no idea why she wound up getting plastic surgery on her face what with the bone structure she had back then at all!

by Anonymousreply 77February 12, 2011 2:13 PM

ummm...the hillbillies aren't *stars*...k?

by Anonymousreply 78February 12, 2011 2:37 PM

Roddy McDowell, in the early 90s My first job out of college was as a desk clerk at a hotel, and I dealt with some cunty celebrities. Roddy McDowell, however, would actually linger and chat! Maybe he was just flirting with the twink I was back then.

by Anonymousreply 79February 12, 2011 2:48 PM

"Roddy McDowell, in the early 90s My first job out of college was as a desk clerk at a hotel, and I dealt with some cunty celebrities. Roddy McDowell, however, would actually linger and chat! Maybe he was just flirting with the twink I was back then."

He once called our office to personally RSVP "No" for an event. He was charmingly polite.

by Anonymousreply 80February 12, 2011 2:50 PM

forget r49...roddy is a big slop bottom only giving it out for biker gang bangs. not into *twinks*, but somehow i think you were never a twink...more like a twank. [fat as a tank and young]

by Anonymousreply 81February 12, 2011 2:53 PM

Heather Locklear was in one of the only really funny SNL skits ever, as the racist home shopping channel host.

by Anonymousreply 82February 12, 2011 2:57 PM

My partner was a good friend of Minnie Pearl's. She invested early on in Nashville real estate and was a multi-millionaire by the time she retired. She was always very nice to fans, though. She loved to dress up in her "Minnie Pearl" outfit and sign autographs for tourists.

by Anonymousreply 83February 12, 2011 3:00 PM

I've heard that John Travolta is not well liked in Maine, where they owned a house. The people did not appreciate the Hollywod attitude. They felt like Kelly and John were both rude to the help. One woman I talked to said she walked off the job because they were too demanding and rude.

by Anonymousreply 84February 12, 2011 3:00 PM

Roddy McDowell was an incredibly discreet and circumspect person who could be trusted to never divulge his confidences or gossip. He was, apparently, a valued friend to many of the A list at the time.

by Anonymousreply 85February 12, 2011 3:06 PM

no surprise r84, old mo John is trash.

by Anonymousreply 86February 12, 2011 3:08 PM

Since you spoke of Roddy...don't you think Liz Taylor has Parkinson's disease? She is almost always in a wheelchair and she seems to have a shaking problem. At first I thought she was just a drinker who needed a drink but now I think it is something more serious.

by Anonymousreply 87February 12, 2011 3:37 PM

Vincent Price - kind, a bit lecherous, funny.

Peter O'Toole - offered me a sip of his vodka from a paper cup.

Nancy Pelosi - would do anything for her. Wicked sense of humor.

Sharon Stone (really) - neurotic, funny, self-absorbed, but concerned about others. Has wide interests.

I met these people in situations where they would not necessarily be expected to be on their best behavior. They are all smart, powerful, type-A's with good hearts and basic people skills.

by Anonymousreply 88February 12, 2011 3:43 PM

Glaaadiiiatoooorr!

by Anonymousreply 89February 12, 2011 3:44 PM

Kathleen Turner is your best friend when she's sober, the smartest, funniest, kindest person in the world. When she's in a drinking phase, she's Ms. Hyde.

Glad to hear she's finally dumped that scumbag husband. They had been off and on for a while over the years.

by Anonymousreply 90February 12, 2011 3:47 PM

r88, you must work in the wardrobe dept.!

by Anonymousreply 91February 12, 2011 9:40 PM

"Vincent Price - kind, a bit lecherous, funny."

More details on Vincent Price's lechery, please.

by Anonymousreply 92February 12, 2011 9:52 PM

[quote]Nancy Pelosi - would do anything for her. Wicked sense of humor.

You're kidding, right?

She's a world-class bitch.

When she was made Speaker, she fired all of her longtime staffers, replacing many women with men, so that she would have a staff more suiting her position.

No loyalty whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 93February 13, 2011 3:03 AM

Adam Lambert is really nice.

by Anonymousreply 94February 13, 2011 3:24 AM

"Diane Lane is human SHIT. I once watched her boyfriend bully someone with a mental illness while she stood silent. I understood that part, since the situation was awkward, but she kept fucking my cousin for years after that, and that was far from the only time he ever acted out. He was also a hardcore drug user for what that's worth. Now if you asked her agent, the brain-damaged Joan Hyner (major car accident), she'd tell you about how Diane ran to CVS to get her nail polish while she was in the hospital, and was by her bedside ever day for months, so draw your own conclusions. I'll still never forget watching her stand down and let my cousin be the total asshole he was, and probably still is."

What a fucking confusing post! Is your "cousin" Josh Brolin? Your name means nothing to me, so I have no idea who your "cousin" is.

Who was the bullied person with the mental illness, Joan Hyner?

You need to write more coherently.

by Anonymousreply 95February 13, 2011 4:16 AM

Had the opportunity to meet several in my previous job and these folks were great:%0D %0D Angela Lansbury%0D Aiden Quinn%0D Bernadette Peters%0D Kathy Bates%0D Justine Bateman%0D Rosemary Harris%0D Marian Seldes%0D

by Anonymousreply 96February 13, 2011 4:41 AM

Donkey Kong has an unmistakable air of dignity and benevolence about him. He made small talk with my elderly father and acted as if they were old friends. A total class act.

by Anonymousreply 97February 13, 2011 7:45 PM

[quote]The late June Carter and Johnny Cash were basically salt of the Earth people who raised their son quite well. Haven't a bit of dirt on them at all!

I got dirt! It's dirt from about 1939, but it's still dirt. My dad was June Carter's age and met the entire Carter family when he was about 12. (His uncle was a famous bluegrass singer who appeared on national "opry" radio, and his dad did a lot of advertising for those national shows.) Dad always said the Carter family was a bunch of fake do-gooders pretending to be Christian but really being divas who looked down on everyone not in the family. June Carter was particularly bad, according to him, but she was probably 10 or 11 years old at the time and I doubt could really be held responsible.

For what it's worth, I heard a very similar story on KOZK back in the 1970s. I don't remember who told the story, but I'm pretty sure local Springfield legend Bill Ring was on the show.

So there's your dirt! An 11-year-old girl was occasionally snotty to people. Very dishy.

by Anonymousreply 98February 13, 2011 9:26 PM

Sean Astin and today happens to be his birthday. Happy Birthday Sean!

by Anonymousreply 99February 25, 2011 5:50 PM

Happy Birthday Sean!

by Anonymousreply 100February 25, 2011 5:58 PM

I work in a restaurant in Nashville that gets a lot of celebrities. Kelly Clarkson was by far the nicest. Very funny, warm, outgoing, gave me a big hug which seemed totally spontaneous and real, and a big tip. Very big tip. Reba is completely down to earth, Faith Hill is warmer and nicer than you'd think, Dolly is a hoot, and very nice. Maybe because it's Nashville everyone's guard is down and they're friendlier?

by Anonymousreply 101February 25, 2011 6:02 PM

Sigourney is a dream. She dated my step brother ages ago, before real real fame and Alien. They had taken nude polaroids of each other. When Alien came out he called her and asked her if she wanted him to send them to her, she said "Nah. Keep 'em. Enjoy 'em."

by Anonymousreply 102February 25, 2011 6:11 PM

[quote]Lily Tomlin

You're kidding, right?

by Anonymousreply 103February 25, 2011 6:18 PM

Angela Lansbury is unfailingly kind, remembering the names and birthdays of crew members and asking about their kids and families. I think that says a lot about a person -- how he or she treats people whom others consider to be "beneath" them.

by Anonymousreply 104February 25, 2011 6:26 PM

I heard that Sandy glass eye Duncan was a real peach.

by Anonymousreply 105February 25, 2011 6:31 PM

[quote]Beyonce is a total pro%0D %0D Um, not really. I posted a thread awhile back about how her entourage was completely rude and mean to the entire staff of United Red Carpet Lounge SFO. It was widely agreed that this wasn't a surprise, and that the entourage's behavior reflects on the star.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 106February 25, 2011 6:35 PM

I met Dolly Parton's ex tourbus driver. He was driving a shuttle bus from Flagstaff to Phoenix back in 1994. He told me tons of stories about what Dolly had done for him and his family, and her entire crew, in addition to some charity stories.%0D %0D When he decided to finally get married (in his 50's, no less), he felt the need to settle down, retire from being Dolly's tourbus driver, and be with his new wife in Phoenix. He told this story about how Dolly paid for the whole wedding, showed up, performed, and gave tons of presents to him and his wife, and it was all a surprise, since he didn't think she could even attend the wedding, due to a scheduled gig she had 3000 miles away.%0D %0D But Dolly didn't even cancel the gig, she just flew herself and her band to the wedding and back in enough time to do the gig they had on the other side of the country...all in the same day.%0D %0D I don't think anyone can say anything bad about Dolly Parton.

by Anonymousreply 107February 25, 2011 6:45 PM

Stars or star-like folks encountered in various retail jobs in SF over the years who were nice: Tracy Chapman (gorgeous), Robin Williams, Danielle Steele (very nice), Mare Winningham (really sweet and gave me tix for her show at the Fillmore...great voice, Bobby McFerrin, Anna Deweare Smith and be still my beatin' heart Wicked Games era Chris Isaac

by Anonymousreply 108February 25, 2011 6:55 PM

Robert Pattinson is sweet, kind, intelligent, very funny and much better looking in person. His little girlfriend Kristen however is a real bitch.

by Anonymousreply 109February 25, 2011 7:03 PM

Carol Burnett snuck me into a party once - we had only spoke a few words, and when we got to the security, she said "he's with me".

Susan Sarandon was trying to open a door while holding a lot of packages, and I helped her out - she was really thankful.

by Anonymousreply 110February 25, 2011 7:10 PM

Isabella Rossellini, perfection and wonderful%0D Julianne Moore, LOVE her!!!%0D Sharon Stone, funny as hell and really nice%0D Robin Williams, kind, kind, kind%0D Lucy Arnaz, kooky but hella funny and nice%0D Maureen Stapleton, best drinkin' buddy ever%0D %0D %0D errr....John Waters, not so much. Very nice to me but not so nice to my sister.%0D %0D and,

by Anonymousreply 111February 25, 2011 7:13 PM

A few years ago, I walked right into Joan Collins in midtown New York. I practically knocked her over. (She's tiny.) I was coming back from the gym; sweaty and disgusting, distracted and not really looking where I was going. When I banged into her, I realized who it was. She was beautiful and dressed to the nines. I started apologizing profusely and she just smiled at me and said, "It's nothing, darling. Don't worry about it." I have loved her ever since.

by Anonymousreply 112February 25, 2011 7:31 PM

Sigourney Weaver stepped on my foot in the crowded little alcove beside a coat-check in a restaurant a couple of years ago and apologized profusely but I couldn't mutter a syllable because I had no idea she was standing next to me and then wham Sigourney up in my face, who I've adored her since I was a little kid, so I think I must've looked like a complete ass.

Also a few years back I had a couple of drinks with Wanda Sykes after a little show she did and she was incredibly friendly but seemed a little bit on the whole time, like she was still performing. But very very funny and nice.

by Anonymousreply 113February 25, 2011 7:38 PM

r75, Great story about Gerry, he did have the best smile didn't he. I'll always be grateful my first boyfriend took me to one of their shows when I was 15 in about '85. It was such a revelation for a kid from a conservative suburb to spend three days camping with all the deadheads, it was like taking a time machine back to the 70s. A bunch of my friends went to his last show before he died and I decided not to go for some reason. Still kicking myself.

Nice to hear that about Adam too. How was the show?

I waited on George Wendt "NORM" for about a month when he was in a play across the street from were I worked. Really funny, good tipper, everyone loved him. John Mahoney from "Fraiser" was in another play there and came in a lot, really down to earth and gracious.

by Anonymousreply 114February 25, 2011 9:00 PM

My exBF worked as a concierge in a downtown hotel.

NICEST: Campbell Scott (actor from Singles). He came into the lobby when it was full. Some idiot who was making a delivery of furniture, refused to use the service door. Campbell just sat down and waited for the chaos to be cleared and then 10 minutes later, walked up to reception and signed in and tried to clam the person at reception down, who was noticeably upset by this.

WORST: Jake Gyllenhaal. Freaked out on the hotel manger because he would not kick another patron out of the hotel so Jake could have his favorite room. The other patron booked weeks in advance. Jake didn't even book it that day, he just expected the hotel to give him his favorite room, even though the hotel offered Jake one of the other rooms. What an a--hole!

by Anonymousreply 115February 25, 2011 9:34 PM

I've often heard bad things about Jake Gyllenhaal. Yet another reason I can't fathom his popularity.

by Anonymousreply 116February 25, 2011 9:40 PM

Olivia Newton-John is one of the nicest I've met.%0D %0D Also Linda Evans.

by Anonymousreply 117February 25, 2011 10:19 PM

A friend of mine was smoking a cig on the sidewalk somewhere in LA. A guy came up to her and asked to bum one and she obliged. She recognized him as Heath Ledger immediately, but didn't let on that she knew who he was because in LA that is totally not cool. They chatted about general stuff like the weather etc. for a few minutes, he thanked her for the cig, and then he continued walking down the street. My friend said of all the celebrities she's met, Heath Ledger was one of the nicest and he was amazing-looking in person. He was dead less than two months later.

by Anonymousreply 118February 25, 2011 10:43 PM

Patrick Warburton. What a sweet fellow. A little shy. Incredibly devoted to his wife, misses her terribly when he's off making a movie. Doesn't drink (alcoholic), so doesn't go out and party with the rest of the cast, which makes him feel a little lonely when it's on a set. Spent an evening with him drinking sodas, and he was very grateful for the company. Not needy, just didn't like always being alone when everyone else was out having fun, but didn't want to risk his sobriety for anything.

by Anonymousreply 119February 25, 2011 10:45 PM

I read that it is Sean Astin's birthday, just wanted to wish him a happy one and to be on target with this thread, meet him at Disney World with his family and they were very personable and nice.

by Anonymousreply 120February 25, 2011 10:48 PM

I'll add myself to the Sigourney Weaver fan list.%0D %0D When I'm asked who my favorite celebrity is that I've worked with,or seen around town, I say without hesitation that it's Sigourney.%0D She's everything a movie star should be, beautiful, talented, kind, and gracious; a truly lovely person.%0D %0D I'm glad to read that Joan Collins has a fan here, so I won't mention what I witnessed on day in a shop in Beverly Hills... since this is a "nice celebrities" thread.

by Anonymousreply 121February 25, 2011 11:46 PM

by Anonymousreply 122March 5, 2011 5:33 PM

Mark Ruffalo I met him once and he was incredibly kind, introduced me to his wife-totally sweet

by Anonymousreply 123March 6, 2011 4:31 AM

I've mostly interacted with these people in NYC:

Sigourney Weaver is awesome -- very polite to everyone in the room.

Neil Patrick Harris -- lots of attitude. Jealous of other actors who work more in film (not lowly TV shows). Friendly to cute gay guys when his BF is not around, less friendly when BF is around.

John Waters -- cunty and unfriendly.

Jennifer Tilly -- very unfriendly, believes she's still a celebrity.

Kate Hudson -- terrible to everyone, high or drunk when I saw her.

Adam Sandler -- generally very nice to everyone.

Alec Baldwin -- very nice, makes everyone feel great around him.

by Anonymousreply 124March 6, 2011 5:55 AM

[quote]Jennifer Tilly -- very unfriendly, believes she's still a celebrity.

that's too bad. Always liked her. She's got more money than God, thanks to her divorce settlement with Sam Simon, co-creator of The Simpsons.

by Anonymousreply 125March 6, 2011 6:03 AM

Helen Hanft star of "Honky Tonk Freeway", "Coming to America" and "Why Hannah's Skirt Won't Stay Down" is very nice.

by Anonymousreply 126March 6, 2011 6:14 AM

People are forgetting celebrities are always on show & they love attention,it's easy be nice during a 20 second interaction you have with a person who feels flattered that you would even speak to them.These people didn't get to the top in a nasty business by being sweethearts.

by Anonymousreply 127March 6, 2011 6:32 AM

Tom Cruise was very friendly when I saw him (didn't meet him) in 2003. He signed autographs for a very long time while chatting and taking pictures with fans. I didn't approach him as there was to much commotion and I didn't want an autograph anyway. But It was still interesting to watch. He was very pleasent.%0D %0D I believe Ben Affleck is a nice guy. I don't have any first hand information, but Iv'e heard to many nice things about him not to believe it.

by Anonymousreply 128March 6, 2011 6:37 AM

I met both Linda Evans and Joan Collins when they were touring in that dreadful play. Linda is very shy, but very sweet and gentle. Joan was more "fun" but also very nice, and a bit flirty.

Seann William Scott, Selma Blair, Damon Wayans, Rhea Perlman and Nina Garcia were all very kind to me.

I have a friend who has dealt with both Uma Thurman and Julianne Moore in NyC..she says they are both down to earth and kind, and take time to find out the personal lives of the "little people" around them.

This could be a rare example of her being nice, but here goes...about 15 years ago, I was visiting NYC with a couple of girlfriends from high school. They got it in their heads to go to some "in" club they'd read about. Huge line to get in, with drag queens and other club kid types working the door to decide who could come in. Sweet gals, my friends, but they looked like what they were..moms. I knew we didn't stand a chance. Two HUGE black guys walked up behind us, with a woman between them...I nodded and smiled..then it hit me. "Aren't you..?" I said..."Yes, I am, but shhhhh" she said with a smile. It was fucking Mariah Carey.

Big sunglasses and weird hat. I told her I couldn't believe she was standing in line and that we didn't stand a chance of getting in. "Oh yes you will" she said, and suddenly her two body guards sort of scooped up all four of us and pushed up to the front. The door people recognized her and the guards and snapped to attention..."and my friends," she said. They looked befuddled, along with the other young club kids, that we were getting in. Once in, she told the people where you pay that we were with her, and we breezed on thru. Her guards took her hat and glasses and with a "Have fun, darlings.." and she was off. This place was huge with many different areas, so we never saw her again, but the next day one of the papers had something about "Mariah Carey debuts new song at club last night".. She didn't sing, but was apparently just dancing with the crowd while the DJ played it, so she could gage reaction to the song. I wish I'd seen her again that night, but oh well.

I know...GET A BLOG. I'm sure she can be a royal diva bitch, but she sure showed kindness that night and saved my friends from embarrassment!

by Anonymousreply 129May 23, 2013 10:44 AM

Tom Hiddleston

by Anonymousreply 130May 23, 2013 10:52 AM

Since Roddy McDowall could suck his own dick, he should have been in a good mood all the time.

by Anonymousreply 131May 23, 2013 11:25 AM

I had the pleasure of having drinks and dinner with Alison Moyet one night a few years ago. She was genuinely normal, down to earth and one of the nicest people I have ever met. She was much more concerned about other people than herself. She also made anyone who came up to the table for an autograph feel welcome even though she was eating. A very lovely lady.

It was quite a mind-blowing evening.

by Anonymousreply 132May 23, 2013 11:55 AM

R38- They've been divorced for years.

by Anonymousreply 133May 23, 2013 12:54 PM

1) Who the HELL is searching for two year old threads to revive? DIAF.

2) "Fell up the subway steps"? What is that, dyslexia?

by Anonymousreply 134May 23, 2013 1:14 PM

Resurrecting this thread.

I met a girl the other day who went out with Harvey Keitel between wives. She said he was a total gentleman and never put the make on her. She met him on a flight and he sent a limo to pick her up and take her to a restaurant. She got the impression that he genuinely liked female company and wanted a companion for dinner. She didn't pursue it, knowing it would lead nowhere, but she went out with him a few times. Totally down to earth and very nice.

by Anonymousreply 135June 20, 2013 4:48 AM

Right after "Roots" was on, and he'd become a big star, Levar Burton helped push my old car into a gas station driveway , in Marina Del Rey, when I ran out of gas. Nice guy. I never forgot it

by Anonymousreply 136June 20, 2013 5:20 AM

I've wandered into a datalounge bizzaro world.

Hold me, I'm afraid.

by Anonymousreply 137June 20, 2013 5:21 AM

I've hung out with Johnny Galecki a few times. He's genuinely nice and very funny. Tells great stories, too.

by Anonymousreply 138June 21, 2013 5:48 AM

I knew a woman who did extra work and she did an episode of "Dexter". Michael C. Hall asked her if she wanted anything and she jokingly said a cup of coffee and he brought it to her even though extras weren't entitled to the same craft services as the cast.

by Anonymousreply 139June 21, 2013 6:41 AM

About 12 years ago, my friend was in highschool and saw Ben Affleck at a department store. She said "Hi" and he practically stiff armed her while turning his head in the opposite direction.

by Anonymousreply 140June 21, 2013 7:04 AM

Haha when I was in high school I saw a famous guy (only famous in one country in Europe, but very famous there at the time) in a department store. I waved hi, he smiled and waved back and then ran for the escalator.

by Anonymousreply 141June 21, 2013 10:46 AM

Another vote for Heather Locklear here. A group of friends and I went to L.A. on holiday and decided to take a "Melrose Place" (the TV show) Tour. This was going back to about 1996, at the height of the shows' popularity.

We were shown all the sets, including the courtyard of the Melrose Place apartment building. When we arrived, we unexpectedly saw Heather as she was about to head back into wardrobe after filming a couple of scenes that day with Grant Show (he had already left the set).

The tour guide went over to ask if it was okay by her if we just hung around. What happened next surprised us all. Heather then walked over to our group and gave us a personal tour of the set herself! She was amazing! We each then posed for a photo with her, culminating in a group photo as well.

I don't know how many TV stars would actually do that for a group of people she didn't even know, but we were very grateful and continued to watch the show religiously... because of Heather Locklear!

I also met Heather's ex-husband, Richie Sambora, two years before meeting her. He was on the "Keep The Faith" world tour in 1993 with Bon Jovi and I was working at a CD store where they were doing an in-store autograph signing. The nicest member of the band was Tico Torres, the drummer - friendly, personable, never made a demand, did everything himself. Richie passed around a platter of sandwiches that had been laid out in the staff office for the band. Jon Bongiovi himself was nice. I was in charge of handing out fresh markers, fetching the band water and making sure the fans had Bon Jovi merchandise to sign. I still have the pen that Jon used. The ink has dried up but I've still got it! haha

by Anonymousreply 142June 21, 2013 5:02 PM

[quote]Neither one of us were...

No harm done, OP. Neil could never love someone with such appalling grammar.

by Anonymousreply 143June 21, 2013 6:18 PM

Dolly Parton

Johnny Cash

by Anonymousreply 144February 9, 2014 12:46 AM

Kirk Cameron

by Anonymousreply 145July 12, 2018 12:07 PM

Maria Von Trapp

by Anonymousreply 146July 12, 2018 1:47 PM

Halle Berry. When I was a waiter, I served her. SO nice, friendly. Left me a tip 4 times the amount of the check. And, put a smiley face. Fucking beautiful in person. This was 2 years ago, she looked about 24. No joke.

by Anonymousreply 147July 12, 2018 2:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!