Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Robert Wone Murder

Is anyone following the related blog?

by Anonymousreply 113April 2, 2019 3:28 AM

Is there a blog? Oh of course there is. There is a blog for everything. I miss the updates we used to get on here and wonder how the civil case is doing.

by Anonymousreply 1February 2, 2011 8:00 AM

The last thing I heard was that the defense was dealt a blow when a judge decided that the civil case could proceed and the defendants could all be tried together (instead of separately, thus tying up the legal system).

The Washington Post is my local paper, so whenever I see a story I make it a point to read it. And if I ever see Ward, Price, or Zaborsky in person, I'll try not to spit in their faces.

by Anonymousreply 2February 2, 2011 9:29 AM

I think the trial is set to begin this October. How wonderful that the men who created the whomurderedrobertwone.com blog have still been plugging away and following all the turns in the civil case. Thank you, Craig, Doug, David, and Michael.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 3, 2011 3:24 AM

Thanks for the URL. I will bookmark it for future news.

by Anonymousreply 4February 3, 2011 8:09 AM

Though the trial is set for October 2011, the men have been involved in pleading the 5th in the past two months when they're supposed to be replying to pre-trial questions. Plaintiff can't even get them to give their name and adddress. %0D %0D One of them has been living in a house they own in the Miami area. It's thought that the other two are remaining in DC.

by Anonymousreply 5February 3, 2011 11:03 AM

The odd man out, Ward, wouldn't even invoke the Fifth for himself and instead had his daddy-paid-for lawyer do it.

Scum, the lot of them, whether or not they murdered that man.

by Anonymousreply 6February 3, 2011 11:31 AM

In the past year, Dylan Ward was advertising his massage services in South Florida. His father is a doctor on the West Coast and is paying for his lawyers. Can you imagine being in the middle of a massage from him and suddenly realizing he's one of the men involved in the Wone murder in DC. %0D %0D You have to wonder if Price has any income. He was let go from his law firm. The third guy has supposedly been doing some part-time consulting work. He's the one that people keep thinking may finally have a change of heart and reveal what actually took place in the Swann Street house on August 2, 2006.

by Anonymousreply 7February 3, 2011 12:14 PM

I wonder when they will change their names.

by Anonymousreply 8February 3, 2011 12:27 PM

Really, who cares? This is a very boring story. Let it go.

by Anonymousreply 9February 3, 2011 12:38 PM

It's long over. The police and prosecution failed. The civil case will fail too.

Move on Nelly Nancy Drews. You failed as well.

by Anonymousreply 10February 3, 2011 3:57 PM

The prosecution couldn't get past their lies because they all stuck to the same story. The judge felt that one of them may not have been guilty of all the charges but could not determine which one, thus she had to let them go rather than put an innocent man in jail.%0D %0D Now in this next trial by jury, they go into it with the judge's decision already hanging over their heads. Further, the people who supported Price and Co., now know he dissed every one of them in his recorded talk with the cops. Sarah Morgan, who felt she was part of their "family" now knows he told the cops that she's a fat blob who has difficulty getting around. Those who were friends with both Robert Wone and Joe Price now know that J.P. said some very unkind things about Robert Wone. There's no doubt that all the people who gave their full support to Joe Price will be going into this civil trial with a very different viewpoint. %0D %0D Right now, the lawyers for the plaintiff have gone to the judge saying the three men have no 5th Amendment privilege not to respond to questions regarding their "Violent Sexual Practices." Just wait until a jury views those men sitting there like innocent angels and then hears about their violent sexual practices. %0D

by Anonymousreply 11February 3, 2011 6:37 PM

R9/10, you're way wide of the mark. The civil trial doesn't have BARD to contend with. They're going down; whether or not they have a dime for the Widder Wone to collect is another matter.

by Anonymousreply 12February 3, 2011 10:53 PM

Their assets are protected in Florida - namely, their home in Miami. Homestead law in Florida protects against everything except mechanics liens. They're in the clear.

by Anonymousreply 13February 3, 2011 11:06 PM

Homestead law in Florida protects against loss of the full-time residence. The two who own the house are not residing in the house, nor do they reside anywhere in the entire state. Their non-legal "spouse" was staying in the house while employed at giving massages to clients in their South Florida homes.

by Anonymousreply 14February 3, 2011 11:27 PM

Last I heard, Dylan Ward was advertising his "sensual massage" services in the Miami area under the name Michael. So, his clientele may not realize who he really is, or even think of googling his name to see all the Wone murder news.

by Anonymousreply 15February 4, 2011 11:02 AM

Poor Dylan, having to use his ex's brother's name to do business. *sniff*

by Anonymousreply 16February 5, 2011 2:55 PM

When there's no genuine remorse there should be no mercy.

by Anonymousreply 17February 5, 2011 3:06 PM

Just imagine getting a massage, the guy has his hands around your neck, and suddenly you remember where you saw his picture - a person involved in the DC murder mystery!!!!

by Anonymousreply 18February 5, 2011 3:09 PM

There are now photos of Dylan Ward all over the web, mainly from the news coverage of the criminal trial last year. Here's pic of him with his attorney outside the DC courthouse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 6, 2011 3:10 PM

Eric Holder is listed on Joe Price's witness list. Trial may begin this June.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 21, 2011 12:07 PM

If there's one good thing that came out of the last 5 years, it's that Joe, Dylan, and Victor ALL lost their looks prematurely (from the stress/guilt/fear). That's a high price to pay for any gay man.

by Anonymousreply 21February 21, 2011 12:37 PM

Ah yes. The Lynch Mob Site. I've never read a blog more full of itself and so eager to believe and republish every crazy theory its readers could come up with. %0D %0D Don't be so sure that all the allegedly "unseemly" things will be allowed in as evidence. People spouted so much unfounded nonsense about this case that they forgot what reality and real evidence was. %0D %0D Now I assume some asshole will accuse me of being one of the trio. That would be that site's SOP.

by Anonymousreply 22February 22, 2011 3:53 AM

[quote]Trial may begin this June.%0D %0D No, it's scheduled for the end of this year. If there are more delays, it could end up in 2012.

by Anonymousreply 23February 22, 2011 4:43 AM

Update: there have been court hearings recently about whether the defendants can keep pleading the fifth to avoid answering discovery and whether law enforcement had to divulge all info about the criminal investigation. I haven't been keeping up with every detail. Kudos to the whomurderedrobertwone.com editors who are still plugging away to get justice for Robert.

by Anonymousreply 24May 4, 2011 3:08 AM

Update: Robert Wone still dead

by Anonymousreply 25May 4, 2011 3:20 AM

R22 only a true asshole would defend these un-convicted killers and their accomplice after the fact.

I hope for your sake you never experience the sort of grief the Wone family have had to endure thanks to the actions of Joe Price, Dylan Ward and Victor Zaborsky.

by Anonymousreply 26May 4, 2011 3:42 AM

Stop flogging your blog here or you will be banned. Promotion is not allowed.

by Anonymousreply 27May 4, 2011 3:50 AM

I'm quite curious about the Price Group defenders here. I suppose any subject has to have its blind instigators, but really, kids, why these three? Never was there a more obvious conspiracy.

BTW, Homestead Law does not include second homes. Since it's owned by Joe and Vic and neither live there, it's going to be pretty hard to prove that it's their primary residence.

So very not "in the clear."

by Anonymousreply 28May 5, 2011 11:35 AM

I would hire Dylan, am I crazy? Because I think they did it. That said, I haven't appreciated the blog much because despite the grieving widow they seem to be having too much fun with it. I thought the person who did the linked blog did a much better job of balancing sensation with respect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 5, 2011 12:45 PM

At the previous trial, Zaborsky learned that Ward wanted to be the one sharing Price's bed and that he was aiming for that. Then cards and e-mail between Ward and Price surfaced with Price telling Ward "you're the love of my life." Why would Zaborsky continue to stick with Price after learning this?%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 30May 5, 2011 12:47 PM

R27, I am not one of the people behind the blog. I am just saying they've done a great job with it. As for Victor, sometimes I wonder if he were the murderer- why else would he stick around? So pathetic, and frustrating since I am sure they did it.

by Anonymousreply 31May 5, 2011 8:23 PM

Judge Liebowitz: %E2%80%9CI am persuaded by the trial evidence in its totality, and I find, that the murder of Robert Wone was not committed by an intruder unknown to the defendants. My reasons for this conclusion are the evidence that: there was no sign of forced entry; no items or property were disturbed within the home; no mark or disturbance was made in the dust or debris on the fence railing, defendants%E2%80%99 car or the plant beds inside the fence; not a single item of value of the type commonly taken by burglars was taken, including a flat screen television and a laptop computer in view of the kitchen and two wallets in plain view on the desk in the guest room; and the intruder had to have passed by Mr. Ward%E2%80%99s room to get to the guest room, yet nobody entered Mr. Ward%E2%80%99s room." %0D

by Anonymousreply 32May 6, 2011 12:35 AM

It's less than four months until the next trial. The three men are still keeping silent. They refuse to reply to ALL questions put to them by the lawyers for Robert Wone's widow.

by Anonymousreply 33June 21, 2011 9:50 PM

I think Zaborsky hasn't caved because Price has convinced him that Zaborsky will go down too. Price has convinced him that he's all he has, warts and all.%0D %0D Depressing...I'm surprised he hasn't off'ed himself.

by Anonymousreply 34June 21, 2011 10:10 PM

I've always wondered why Zaborsky is still with Price, I don't believe he had anything to do with the killing...just the cover-up. But I do believe he's the one the cops and/or lawyers think will break down.

by Anonymousreply 35June 21, 2011 10:12 PM

I've been surprised that Zaborsky hasn't gone on a mini-vacation with Price and slipped off a cliff. An accident, of course.

by Anonymousreply 36June 21, 2011 10:16 PM

A new development on one of DC%E2%80%99s most high profile unsolved murders: the killing of Robert Wone.%0D %0D A source familiar with the case says that his widow has agreed to settle her 20 million dollar wrongful death civil suit out of court. The terms of the settlement are unclear.%0D %0D Robert Wone was found murdered in a Dupont Circle row house in August of 2006. He was the guest of a college friend who lived there with two other men. All three claimed an intruder killed Wone but prosecutors believed differently.%0D

by Anonymousreply 37June 22, 2011 10:09 PM

Patrick Regan, an attorney for Katherine Wone, said Wednesday that no agreement was finalized and the case is still slated for trial in October. Regan said the mediation meeting is "part of the process" and was court-ordered.

by Anonymousreply 38June 22, 2011 11:03 PM

The Civil Trial That May Never Be

We%E2%80%99ve heard from a source that a settlement has been reached in the civil trial between Kathy Wone & family, and defendants Joe Price, Victor Zaborsky and Dylan Ward. We%E2%80%99re trying to confirm this with the case principals.

This tip comes just one day after a private mediation session held with retired Judge Howard Chasanow yesterday, instead of the earlier June 14th mediation lifted by Judge Michael Rankin. Arguments in the case were slate for later this October.

Kathy Wone originally brought the $20 million dollar wrongful death suit on November 25, 2008, around the same time the U.S. Attorney%E2%80%99s Office filed criminal charges of evidence tampering, obstruction of justice, and conspiracy first against Ward, and later with his two Swann Street house-mates.

On June 29, 2010, Judge Lynn Liebovitz foundPrice, Zaborsky and Ward not guilty of all charges. However, mere hours after the surprise verdict, attorneys on both sides of the civil case were hard at work for what was to be this October%E2%80%99s trial.

No details have been released on this possible settlement. A call to plaintiff%E2%80%99s counsel yielded no comment, and calls to defense attorneys have yet to be returned.

by Anonymousreply 39June 22, 2011 11:10 PM

[quote]We've heard from a source that a settlement has been reached in the civil trial%0D %0D Apparently the source is wrong. Patrick Regan, an attorney for Katherine Wone, said Wednesday that no agreement was finalized and the case is still slated for trial in October.

by Anonymousreply 40June 22, 2011 11:16 PM

Where'd you see that, R40?

by Anonymousreply 41June 22, 2011 11:22 PM

They can continue to assert their Fifth Amendment right as long as they are at risk of criminal prosecution. Now that may cause them to lose the civil suit but no one can make someone provide testimony that could serve to provide a link between them and a crime. %0D %0D Please no comments that innocent people don't have to assert the Fifth. They do it all the time as they should. Believing in the protection of someone's Constitutional Rights and the notion that you must have sufficient evidence to convict does not make one supportive of murder. %0D %0D I imagine you will not hear any official confirmation of a settlement until one has been reached. At least not from the attorneys but someone sounds like they are leaking. The attorneys will deny up until any settlement is approved.

by Anonymousreply 42June 23, 2011 8:56 AM

What's your best theory as to what happened?

by Anonymousreply 43June 24, 2011 9:16 PM

Five years ago tonight, Robert Wone was murdered. Three gay men, a self-proclaimed trouple, were in the house at the time. The men moved away from DC and live in Miami Shores where one of them advertises his massage services at online gay groups.

by Anonymousreply 44August 2, 2011 6:28 PM

Settlement reached.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 3, 2011 9:53 PM

With the settlement, Kathy Wone and her attorney said they have received %E2%80%9Cjustice%E2%80%9D and some enlightenment about what happened to her husband of three years. She remains convinced that the three men were involved in her husband%E2%80%99s slaying.%0D %0D %E2%80%9CThey can rot from the inside out from all the secrets they chose to keep,%E2%80%9D she said. %E2%80%9CThat%E2%80%99s their choice. I chose to move on.%E2%80%9D%0D

by Anonymousreply 46August 3, 2011 10:03 PM

%E2%80%9CRobert arrived at their house alive, and Joseph, Dylan and Victor were in the house, and he ends up dead with three stab wounds to his chest,%E2%80%9D Kathy Wone said. %E2%80%9CMy gut definitely tells me that they were in some way involved in killing Robert%E2%80%A6. They%E2%80%99re hiding behind the Fifth Amendment, and that is, I guess, the way they want to live their lives.%E2%80%9D%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 47August 3, 2011 10:17 PM

It's not up to us to dispense vengeance but it's difficult not to hope that the trio get paid back in a grand fashion somehow, some way down the road.

by Anonymousreply 48August 3, 2011 10:38 PM

The trouple live in Miami Shores. The lawyer probably won't be able to get a decent job ever again. The doctor's son advertises his massage services on a gay website. The other loser does some part time advertising work for a milk association where he used to work full time. Their insurance company will have to make a payout to Kathy Wone. %0D %0D They probably don't have two dimes to rub together with $$$$ multi-million legal fees. They moved to Florida, like O.J. Simpson, because State law prevents anyone from losing their home in a court settlement.

by Anonymousreply 49August 3, 2011 10:48 PM

OK If what she wanted was the truth why isn't she pursuing this to the end? I am not conversant with the law so can anyone explain in small words. I would want this all out in the open whether I got a dime or not.

by Anonymousreply 50August 4, 2011 7:03 AM

Thanks, all for the update. No doubt the settlement demanded that the three disclose at least some sort of credible version of their story and guarantees that the three will never be financially comfortable for the rest of their lives.

That's enough closure for me... for now.

by Anonymousreply 51August 4, 2011 10:10 AM

Apparently there was some sort of insurance policy that would not pay out if Wone were determined to have been murdered?

That doesn't make sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 52August 4, 2011 5:11 PM

Wait, never mind. Apparently it was a liability policy covering one of the members of the throuple. (Wonder which one?)

It would not have paid for a civil judgment for intentional killing.

In other words, if you intentionally kill someone, your liability policy will not cover your ass.

by Anonymousreply 53August 4, 2011 5:14 PM

Murder suspect #1 Dylan "Michael" Ward is now operating a massage business called Pure Energy Massage in Miami Beach, Florida. 7136 Abbot Ave., Miami Beach, FL. Now he can practice his needle-poking, knife skills, and S&M rituals on the poor unsuspecting vacationers and locals in the area. I wonder if he still offers "special services" too?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 25, 2011 3:17 PM

It was a hot August night when Robert Wone was murdered. The trouple who lived in the house was taken in for questioning. Victor Zaborsky, in a thin short-sleeve shirt asked a detective to turn on a fan, because it was so hot in the interrogation rooms.

The detectives removed their jackets and rolled up their shirt sleeves.

What stands out while viewing tapes of the questioning of the trouple is that Dylan Ward wore a long-sleeve jacket and kept it zipped up the entire time. Strange. What could be the reason for the zipped-up jacket?

by Anonymousreply 55September 25, 2011 3:40 PM

I've kind of ignored the past threads on this, but sat down and read the warrant application for Dylan Ward for reasons I can't quite explain.

Can someone tell me the bullet points on what the motive is?

by Anonymousreply 56September 25, 2011 4:34 PM

They are vile.

But when will a movie be made? New thread for casting possibilities?

by Anonymousreply 57September 25, 2011 4:58 PM

R54, the website is interesting. There is a "Find Us" link, and a "Contact Us" link, but no *About* Us link. The testimonials, all two of them, are vague about "the therapist."

by Anonymousreply 58September 26, 2011 4:37 AM

r22 - There is a truly obnoxious tone to the blog. It just makes me want to see accounting statements for the Robert Wone Memorial Trust that it's shaking down readers to contribute to.

r26 - Get a grip. Obviously, it's sad a man died. But that doesn't mean anyone who doesn't want to join a lynch mob is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 59September 26, 2011 6:22 AM

Zipped jacket- Dylan Ward was probably hiding needle marks or even streaks of blood?, or maybe he was cold from side effects of drugs.

Motive: Ward and Price had been advertising on alt.com looking for a third S&M partner, and Price was desperate to keep Ward's interest by spicing up their sex life. When Wone asked Price if he could crash on the couch one night, Price and Ward couldn't resist acting out their wildest fantasies. I suspect they drugged Wone soon after he got to their house and either stabbed him while high on something, thought he might have died, or deliberately stabbed him when he regained some consciousness.

Movie: Ward could be played by the twitching, crazy patient who shot Bruce Willis in Sixth Sense. Victor Zaborsky, played by the dad from Dirty Dancing. Joe Price, played by Anderson Cooper with 30 lbs. added.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 26, 2011 9:56 AM

Victor Zaborsky is still involved in promoting milk - "Got milk?" - with a milk group in Northern Virginia. A photo op seems to reveal that Joe Price allowed VZ out of his sight. I'm sure the others in the picture didn't fly to Miami Shores for a photo op. With Zaborsky away from their Miami Shores home, did Price and Ward rush to craiglist to seek an S&M third?

Price recently took the Florida bar exam.

Did Price or Zaborsky write the testimonials on Dylan Ward's massage website?

by Anonymousreply 61September 29, 2011 4:35 PM

We know that Joe Price wrote some fake reviews for Dylan Ward's Pure Energy Massage, but I think at least one got taken down. It would be interesting to hear what Victor told his boss and co-workers at MilkPEP about his legal problems and what supposedly went down in his home when Robert Wone was murdered.

Sure hope that Joseph Price gets rejected by the Florida state bar. What kind of place would want to hire him anyway, after he got fired from Arent Fox for having porn all over his computer. Joe's going to have to lie, lie, lie in order to get a job, but he seems to be quite good at that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62September 30, 2011 3:17 AM

Dylan Wards massage business seems to be in a room over a Miami Beach gym. Does he earn enough to pay his share of the house where the trouple is living?

Victor Zaborsky seems to be earning his salary from the Milk Processors Education Program (MilkPEP) and may be the only member of the household keeping things afloat. Will his work in Virginia keep him away from Miami Shores long enough to make him realize that he's involved in a fetid situation where he could be the next murder victim?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63September 30, 2011 12:27 PM

We've all heard how Joe Price had S&M photos of himself on his computer at the law firm where he worked. He also used his law firm e-mail as the contact e-mail address for a porn website he was setting up. Now, there's word of another interesting item regarding his computer at Arent-Fox.

It seems that his computer had a copy of an S&M Slave Contract between Joe Price and Dylan Ward. A contract of that type lists the duties and boundaries of the participants. If the master tells the slave to kill someone, that duty could be included in an S&M Slave Contract.

Of course, the exact details of the Price-Ward contract may never come to light. OTOH, they could turn up if some cold case group takes on the murder of Robert Wone and sends some people off to trial. That's something to wish for since there's no sense in thinking Cathy Lanier and her Keystone Cops will ever solve this.

by Anonymousreply 64October 4, 2011 2:00 AM

R64, if this were true it would have come out before and somewhere else besides this thread. Duh!

Please just stop with these ridiculous lies and wacky theories. They will not help solve the murder. They do make you sound like an obsessed delusional idiot.

by Anonymousreply 65October 4, 2011 5:35 AM

[quote]if this were true it would have come out before and somewhere else besides this thread. Duh!

This info was recently leaked and was posted elsewhere; not at DataLounge. Sorry you can't keep up with the rest of us who are on top of this latest development in the case, r65. Check your mirror for the idiot.

by Anonymousreply 66October 5, 2011 1:36 AM

Their house sold again and a new gay has moved back in. Hopefully, he'll be a little more careful than he his predecessors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67October 5, 2011 2:35 AM

It's not a lie or wacky made-up story; it's just info that did not get leaked until now.

Joe Price and Dylan Ward are such fuckwads. I hope Joe never gets his law license in Florida and has to resort to "massage" like Dylan to pay his bills.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68October 5, 2011 3:44 AM

R66, how old are you? 12?

Everyone's computers were searched years ago. You think if there really was something that it wasn't known back then? And seriously how deluded are you that you think somehow something as volatile as that was kept secret all this time with no leaks until now. And how terribly convenient that it was allegedly leaked to the Lynch Mob site? Please. I guess you really do think everyone is an idiot.

Stop calling people names because they don't agree with you. You are obsessed and that rarely leads to clear headed thinking.

Of course "word" of this nonsense of a maybe, perhaps, we-imagine-that, gee-we-knew-it-all-along master/slave contract is from the Robert Wone Lynch Mob Site. Just another anonymous source with no attribution. Typical. Meaningless.

Who cares if questions were formulated for a deposition based on yet another outlandish theory. The defendants in the civil case were not going to answer any questions about the death of Robert Wone and certainly nothing like "Did Dylan Ward order you to kill Robert Wone?" If that is the type of question they came up with then they were just playing games knowing full well that the defendants were invoking their Fifth Amendment right for the civil case.

That question was asked for one reason and one reason only: to be able to say they asked it as if it had some basis in fact. That is highly unethical.

Trust me if there had been such a contract then we would all have seen it by now. We certainly would have heard about it way before now. Almost no one in this town leaks as well as the DC police and the DC US Attorney's office.

There were plenty of questions that could have been asked within the parameters of the depositions. Had the plaintiff's attorneys been more skilled or serious about this they would have asked questions that would not have triggered the 5th but still answered questions the plaintiff may have been looking for - either consciously or unconsciously.

The civil law suit was a bust for the plaintiff and she took what she could from the insurance policy available.

by Anonymousreply 69October 5, 2011 5:42 AM

[quote]Stop calling people names because they don't agree with you.

Hey, Fucktard R69 - It's you who stated "obsessed delusional idiot" to a message in this thread.

When it comes to "obsessed" your post clearly shows an obsession with the Wone murder case. Could it be that you're one of the main parties involved in the case?

by Anonymousreply 70October 5, 2011 4:19 PM

R70, of course you are accusing me of being involved. That is always the fall back position when someone is trying to be reasonable about the case and not acting like they know what happened when obviously they do not know what happened. You also do not know what happened.

THAT is the difference. I don't know what happened in that house and I'm not willing to continue to attack and try to destroy people who may very well have done nothing illegal or worng. You, on the other hand, have no qualms about trying to destroy people based on your imagination and some melodramatic scenarios dreamed up by the posters at the lynch mob site.

I apologize for calling anyone an idiot though the delusional part stays.

I have seen plenty of the evidence in this case if not all of it - I have been at the trial on a number of days - I read early on the lengthy affidavit in support of the arrest warrant. I also read a lot of the Robert Wone site. Further and maybe more importantly I have discussed the case with AUSAs who are among my colleagues. Among them I know none who thought this case should have been brought or thought there was sufficient evidence to charge any of the defendants with any crimes. Though I know the prosecutors on the case I never discussed it with any of them.

Both the criminal case and the civil case ended as I predicted they would. For those who saw this case with clear eyes and an understanding of the law, they would have agreed with me. It was not really a hard call to make.

by Anonymousreply 71October 6, 2011 6:34 AM

Fine r69. Let's just ask you this. Do you think any of the three are withholding information regarding the murder of Robert Wone?

by Anonymousreply 72October 6, 2011 3:25 PM

Am I crazy for wanting to avail myself of Dylan's massage services?

by Anonymousreply 73October 6, 2011 3:36 PM

Tell us, r69, since you've had so much access to the details of this case, do you think Joe Price did not wipe fingerprints or blood off the knife?

by Anonymousreply 74October 6, 2011 3:39 PM

I would be on him, to use an unfortunate expression, like white on rice.

by Anonymousreply 75October 6, 2011 3:40 PM

At R65 you claimed the info was a lie and had not been posted anywhere outside DataLounge. We all know now that you were wrong. At R69 you state "Stop calling people names because they don't agree with you." Funny, how it's okay for you to claim someone is posting lies and then get irate and upset when name-calling comes back at you. Then you continue on with more name-calling.

You're obviously very, very invested in this case. You claim that you were at the trial a number of days. It would be no surprise to find that you were at the trial EVERY day - for obvious reasons, of course.

The Judge went out of her way to explain that the ONLY reason there was a "not guilty" verdict is because one or two of the trio may not have been guilty. It doesn't take a law degree to realize that the Judge knows that at least one, perhaps two, were guilty of the charges. The judge has seen more evidence than most who are posting here, though one poster may have had a much closer contact with incriminating evidence.

by Anonymousreply 76October 6, 2011 9:40 PM

I wonder how these guys sleep at night. What statements did they make beyond "it was an intruder"?

by Anonymousreply 77October 6, 2011 10:18 PM

An area with benches and a couple of trees were dedicated in Robert Wone's memory at his alma mater, the College of William and Mary. Here's an article from the campus paper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78November 6, 2011 5:16 AM

[quote]An area with benches and a couple of trees were dedicated in Robert Wone's memory at his alma mater, the College of William and Mary. Here's an article from the campus paper.

Ironically, Barksdale Field, where they erected the memorial used to be the go-to spot to see frat boys with their shirts off when the weather got warm.

by Anonymousreply 79November 7, 2011 4:00 PM

Now W&M has this tribute to Robert Wone and the W&M gay alliance has a video of Joe Price and Victor Zaborsky telling about their loving gay partnership. They taped it after Wone's death and pretended that Dylan Ward didn't exist as part of the trouple.

by Anonymousreply 80November 7, 2011 4:20 PM

I don't know about that, but I do know the gay alliance made an absolutely beautiful It Gets Better video with faculty, staff, and students.

by Anonymousreply 81November 7, 2011 4:30 PM

That's twisted, R80.

by Anonymousreply 82November 7, 2011 5:14 PM

Joe Price no longer owns the porn web address “www.eyecandydvds.com”

There's no way to know if he sold the name or if he just let his ownership expire. It's now owned by someone in Madeira.

Some have thought that Robert Wone was drugged that night to be used for photos or video for use in the porn trade.

by Anonymousreply 83November 22, 2011 11:11 PM

[quote] Some have thought that Robert Wone was drugged that night to be used for photos or video for use in the porn trade.

LOL! There was no evidence Wone was drugged. But feel free to keep up your obsession. Maybe it will lead to a job writing gay romance novels.

by Anonymousreply 84November 23, 2011 5:57 AM

Just so disgusted with Joe Price and company.

This is not a just world.

by Anonymousreply 85November 23, 2011 6:03 AM

[quote]There was no evidence Wone was drugged.

Needle marks on his body point to that possibility. Further, there were drugs found in the home of the trouple.

by Anonymousreply 86November 23, 2011 3:57 PM

Maybe "evidence" and "proof" are different things.

To me, there is evidence of drugging because Robert Wone was alive when he was stabbed, yet the wounds showed no evidence that he moved while being stabbed, the cuts were clean with no tearing at the edges.

by Anonymousreply 87November 23, 2011 5:27 PM

Unfortunately they didn't test for ketamine.

by Anonymousreply 88November 24, 2011 2:54 PM

And it would have been nice if all three men (Price, Ward, Zaborsky) had been tested for drugs and had their bodies analyzed for evidence that night of the murder.

by Anonymousreply 89December 20, 2011 1:53 AM

Their posh lifestyle is in the past and they'll never get it back. Can Ward be bringing in any real money to the Miami household with his massage business? Is Zaborsky a full-time consultant to the milk industry or do they just take him on for special projects? Will Price pass the Bar Exam so he can be a Florida lawyer?

by Anonymousreply 90December 22, 2011 11:40 PM

[quote]Is Zaborsky a full-time consultant to the milk industry or do they just take him on for special projects?

He just appeared as "MilkPEP Marketing Director" in a story about a hook-up between Kelloggs and the "Got milk" people.

It appears that he may be the one who is financing the living arrangements for the trouple.

He's quoted as saying: "We teamed up with Kellogg's to remind America about the winning breakfast combination of milk and cereal, which helps families get nourishment they need for successful days."

Robert Wone no longer can enjoy "the winning breakfast combination" because he was stabbed to death in the house owned by Victor Zaborsky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 20, 2012 12:38 AM

A recent article about the Newtown school shootings in "Asian Week" mentioned the Wone murder:

[italic]That’s what happens when you have a justice system that refuses to prosecute anybody that did anything to cover up their tracks, like the civil rights lawyer guys and massage friend who invited their pal Robert Eric Wone to their DC home, but ended up calling the cops to report some intruder drugged, stabbed, raped and killed him with knives from the kitchen while nobody noticed.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 92January 15, 2013 12:08 AM

That was the problem. With none of the 3 residents admitting anything or blaming the others, the prosecution wasn't able to prove conspiracy or tampering with evidence. The whole case disgusts me. Who knows what Joe is doing now to make a living. I hope his career was ruined. Justice someday for Robert Wone!

by Anonymousreply 93October 19, 2013 1:13 AM

This case intrigues me and frustratingly it is a cold case that is a true mystery....I wonder if there will ever be a conclusion, deathbed confessions notwithstanding.

by Anonymousreply 94April 28, 2014 9:35 AM

Sorry r94 but there's really no mystery to it, other than motive and / or premeditation.

by Anonymousreply 95April 28, 2014 10:20 AM

I guess it isn't really a mystery but a sad case of bungling detectives, lack of media publicity (I never heard of the case until a few months ago!!), and a miscarriage of justice. Perhaps the fact that the victim was Asian and that the three accused were gay just did not appeal to most media outlets, similar to the suicide of Danny Chen in the military which was not covered by the mainstream. I think somehow Price and Ward drugged Wone, and he died of an overdose accidentally...marks on the arms may be due to some kind of torture fetish...they decided to electro stimulate him... They brought is body to the shower and stabbed him to make it appear it was a break in/murder... Blood is let out...place. Him on the bed just like the picture in Dylan's room (both men are high on drugs at the moment). Stab him again on the bed...

Most gay people are very adaptive to different environments and situations because of their ability to hide their sexuality... not saying they are sociopaths but they can be chameleon like and can play dumb/-play the victim easily.... They can also be in tremendous denial about life truths in general. That's why the men continue to live their lives. Because they are self absorbed, narcissistic individuals who know they have to protect each other for the rest of their lives. They are bonded forever by Robert's blood on their hands.

by Anonymousreply 96April 29, 2014 1:46 AM

[quote]I think somehow Price and Ward drugged Wone

Many people will agree with you. It seems that Joseph R Price, the lawyer, no longer uses that name in Florida. It looks as if he's now Joseph Anderson, admitted to the Florida State Bar in 2012. Joseph Anderson, attorney, lists his address in Miami Shores at the same address of the home owned listed in the names of Price and Zaborsky.

by Anonymousreply 97March 9, 2015 12:54 AM

Bumping this Wone thread for all those in the Messerschmitt / Sous Chef murder threads who want to discuss Wone.

by Anonymousreply 98March 9, 2015 12:09 PM

Just like the Wone case, nine years from now DC's chief cop will claim the Messerschmitt case is still active but nothing will be done.

by Anonymousreply 99March 9, 2015 4:20 PM

Bad news R97. Thanks for the tip.

by Anonymousreply 100March 13, 2015 5:13 AM

Not a surprise at all R100. Prosecutors never had a case and the widow didn't get anything from the civil settlement because she could prove nothing despite an extremely low bar. R69 has it exactly. There was no other potential outcome to this case.

by Anonymousreply 101March 13, 2015 9:57 AM

Actually the prosecutors DID have a case, R101. The problem was that the judge felt that ONE of the men may not have been guilty of the charges. Since they ALL stuck to the same exact story, the judge didn't know which of the trio may not have been guilty. There was no doubt in the mind of the judge that at least one of the men was guilty of the charges.

by Anonymousreply 102March 13, 2015 10:37 PM

What was your purpose in posting your lies R101? Nevermind! I think we can figure it out.

For those who don't know, the Wone family settled a $20 million lawsuit against the three former D.C. roommates.

One of the interesting aspects if the settlement is that the trio [bold]must[/bold] pay over and above the insurance monies won in the settlement.

The defendants also had to agree that Kathy Wone and her lawyers could publicly state that she/they believe the trio was involved in Robert’s murder, that she hopes they rot on their lies, [bold]that all three men will be making payments to her,[/bold] and that when asked in depositions if they killed Robert all three invoked the 5th Amendment.

by Anonymousreply 103March 13, 2015 10:51 PM

It's not too late for Victor Zaborsky to clear some measure of his good name by telling the world what he knows about murderer Dylan Ward and Joesph Anderson a.k.a. Joseph Price, the lawyer who covered up the murder of Robert Wone.

by Anonymousreply 104March 14, 2015 3:50 AM

Zaborsky was supposed to be out of town that night. The other two obviouly made plans for Wone that went south. They thought he was dead from an overdose of the drug so they decided to make it look like an intruder killed him. Zaborsky's scream set everything off in a different direction so they were forced to phone 911.

By the time the emergency people arrived, they found three freshly showered men. There was no sign of bloody towels, no S&M playmats stowed with the S&M equipment, and no photo equipment. Somehow, all those things vanished.

Did the items go out the back gate with Price's brother, who just happened to miss his evening class for the very first time that night?

Did they go across the street with interior decorator Scott Hixson who had a history of threesomes with Ward and Price, when Zaborsky was out of town on business trips?

Zaborsky had been away and not due home until August 3rd. Instead he arrived back in DC on the 2nd and neither Price nor Ward mentioned that Wone was going to be there.

by Anonymousreply 105March 14, 2015 4:06 AM

They should make this case the basis of the next Serial podcast.

by Anonymousreply 106March 14, 2015 4:11 AM

R105, I followed this case avidly and I am embarrassed to admit that until I read your post it never occurred to me that the stabbing may have been staged in order to conceal a drug overdose that they mistook for fatal.

I always assumed it was a sort of thrill kill. Your explanation makes far more sense. Price and Ward wanted to drug Wone and fuck around with him. But then they thought they killed him by mistake. So they created a scene of bloody overkill.

But Zaborsky heard something funny and came downstairs. He saw the body and screamed bloody murder. It was the scream that forced them to call 911, perhaps hours before they had intended to. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 107March 14, 2015 4:28 AM

[quote] it never occurred to me that the stabbing may have been staged in order to conceal a drug overdose that they mistook for fatal.

You can take it further with the thought that Price/Anderson stabbed him once and Ward stabbed him once, thus making sure neither one would rat out the other.

BUT

There were three stab wounds. Did they bring Zaborsky into the fold by handing him the knife?

by Anonymousreply 108March 14, 2015 4:42 AM

I'm sure Zaborsky had a hand in it also, because why else would he continue to hold to the trio's intruder story? If all he did was walk in to see Price and Ward stabbing or washing off Robert Wone, he would have broken down eventually to rat out those 2. I would be interested in what these guys are up to now. Sounds like Victor continued on with his milk industry job in DC without missing a beat. I hope Joe's legal career has gone down in flames.

by Anonymousreply 109March 14, 2015 4:50 AM

Joe's brother coming to pick up some of the evidence, including the murder weapon, helps to explain the water on the patio. They would want to rinse objects extra well to make sure that no trace amounts of blood evidence would turn up in the brother's car. If you had ready access to a garden hose, you'd want to use it on bloody evidence rather than just trust that the shower head or a faucet was powerful enough to rinse away every speck.

The alibi for the wet patio was a grill fire earlier in the evening which they supposedly extinguished with the garden hose.

by Anonymousreply 110March 14, 2015 5:03 AM

R108, although Zaborsky's MilkPEP job is in DC, it's possible that he does most of his work online from the Florida home he shares with Price (Anderson) and Ward. The MilkPEP page lists Zaborsky as Senior Marketing Director.

They sold their murder home in DC so he probably has some small apartment in Washington while his lovers play in their Florida home.

Since all three men are required to pay money to Wone's widow, it's hard to figure where Ward is going to earn enough to make payments.

Price apparently changed his name to Anderson and was admitted to the Florida Bar. He probably knew that if a Joseph Price were applying, it would raise some objections from people who are still following the Wone case.

During the trial there was testimony that Ward had planned to replace Zaboarsky in Price's bed. With Zaborsky sitting there and hearing that testimony, if he were innocent, don't you think he would have told what he knows? Since he's still sticking to the story they created together, you have to figure that, in the end, he was more involved than just seeing a bloody man in the guest room.

by Anonymousreply 111March 14, 2015 4:01 PM

Just listened to a podcast about this case. Crazy that these three have so far avoided prison for his murder.

by Anonymousreply 112April 2, 2019 3:00 AM

Refresher:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113April 2, 2019 3:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!