Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Felicity

I dug out my old DVDs and I'm quite enjoying it.%0D %0D Wow, Felicity was such a psycho nut. I love when they 'by accident' play one of her psycho tapes at a dorm party, talking about how she's ready to have sex for the first time.%0D %0D Scott Speedman was adorable. Smiles his great smile all the time.%0D %0D But, I can only handle watching one episode at a time or I get a headache from the teenage triteness.

by Anonymousreply 84June 18, 2018 3:01 AM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 1March 22, 2011 1:16 AM

I had a huge crush on Amy Jo Johnson and her gymnast body.

by Anonymousreply 2March 22, 2011 1:19 AM

Loved Felicity. It was on while I was in college, so it felt like I was watching portions of my life.

I never did understand why the ratings dropped when she cut her hair. Did people really care that much about Keri Russell's hair?

The last episode still makes me cry. Some people didn't like the time travel stuff, but I enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 3March 22, 2011 1:20 AM

The ratings fell off because the writing wasn't as good, not because Keri cut her hair. I liked her hair best not immediately after she cut it, but toward the end of season two, when it was a curly bob.

by Anonymousreply 4March 22, 2011 1:24 AM

I LOVED Felicity. Such a unique show. Amy Jo Johnson was a fabulous actress. The last season suffered without Julie. And I do think the whole time travel thing was really odd, but I do love the final.

by Anonymousreply 5March 22, 2011 1:27 AM

[quote]Some people didn't like the time travel stuff, but I enjoyed it.%0D %0D I'm currently watching the episodes in which that fat guy who Ben lives with who has a crush on Julie is making a reality TV show about them and it's really annoying. He keeps sticking a camera in their faces all the time.

by Anonymousreply 6March 22, 2011 1:27 AM

Amy Jo Johnson and smoking hot Adam Rodriguez

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 22, 2011 1:28 AM

R6, the fat guy is Sean, and that documentary was really annoying. Sean and Meghan become lovers at some point.

by Anonymousreply 8March 22, 2011 1:30 AM

Please dont say too much about the finale, I'm still only on series 2. I actually have been warned off getting anymore of the series.%0D %0D I agree, series 2 isn't nearly as good as series one. But it's still good.%0D %0D Who do you guys prefer, Noel or Ben?

by Anonymousreply 9March 22, 2011 1:33 AM

Actually, the ratings fell off because the show went from a cushy post-Buffy Tuesday night timeslot to leading off Sunday nights before Jack & Jill.%0D %0D I liked the show, but I always felt it was a little overpraised. It's the only show, though, where I have not found Greg Grunberg to be unbelievably irritating. As for his documentary, it was one in a long line of devices contrived to allow for voiceover. First it was the ridiculous taped conversations to Sally (even in '98 no one communicated by mailing tapes), then it was sessions with Amy Aquino's shrink character, Dr. Pavone, and then it was the documentary.

by Anonymousreply 10March 22, 2011 1:34 AM

I actually grew to like Sean, but they expanded his part WAY too much. I guess maybe because he was best friends with J.J Abrams.

Sean's stupid character took up more and more screen time and they relegated poor Noel to stupid story lines including that ridiculous thing with him going off and marrying the Doritos girl.

by Anonymousreply 11March 22, 2011 1:36 AM

[quote]Sean and Meghan become lovers at some point.%0D %0D %0D No, no ,no...please, not too many spoilers. Just talk about how cute or not they are, stuff like that. Characters that annoyed you etc..

by Anonymousreply 12March 22, 2011 1:36 AM

The letters to Sally didn't take up as much time as that stupid documentary.

by Anonymousreply 13March 22, 2011 1:38 AM

Talking about Felicity is making me want to start a Buffy thread now.

by Anonymousreply 14March 22, 2011 1:38 AM

I really liked Noel and Felicity (I think they really got each other) but Keri Russell and Scott Speedman had better chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 15March 22, 2011 1:40 AM

Remember when Julie finds her real mother and the mother first says that she's not her mother, that she's got the wrong person, then she fesses up? I couldn't believe that shit.%0D What a bitch and in fact she was now married to Julie's Dad.

by Anonymousreply 16March 22, 2011 1:42 AM

Julie's mom was the mom on Malcolm in the Middle.

Ben all the way. Noel was cute at first, but he becomes an intolerable asshole.

by Anonymousreply 17March 22, 2011 1:47 AM

One of my all time favorite shows. Like an above poster, watched it during college, and felt like I was watching snippets from my own life. Still a big fan of the cast and wish that Scott S and Keri were bigger stars. Anyone ever work with either of them and have personal scoop?

by Anonymousreply 18March 22, 2011 1:48 AM

[quote]Julie's mom was the mom on Malcolm in the Middle.%0D %0D I thought I recognised her from somewhere.%0D %0D [quote]Ben all the way. Noel was cute at first, but he becomes an intolerable asshole%0D %0D I agree. Also, I've seen some interviews with Noel on youtube, the real person and he comes across as an idiot in real life. Complaining about the girl in his local Starbucks asking him if he'll be her facebook friend. 'People think they know me...I dont even know her!' What a jerk!

by Anonymousreply 19March 22, 2011 1:54 AM

It looks like Noel's website still exists:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 22, 2011 2:01 AM

I still can't believe Scott Speedman didn't become a much bigger star. He was total hotness on FELICITY: sexy, cute, and charming. And actually a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 21March 22, 2011 2:11 AM

I agree, R21. Scott is the real deal. Don't know why it hasn't worked for him.

by Anonymousreply 22March 22, 2011 2:15 AM

I got drawn into and came to quite like, discovering Felicity when it was re-aired at one point every week night during the hour I usually prepared dinner -- the perfect hour for semi-mindless, familiar as an old pair of slippers fare. %0D %0D For all the ridiculous things wrong with it, aspects of it were well done, and Scott Speedman could be forgiven for most any amount of mopeyness.%0D %0D If I recall, the film quality was interesting, too, very crisp, with lots of lush, deep black and intense depth of color. The Dean & Deluca store was an example.

by Anonymousreply 23March 22, 2011 2:18 AM

I agree too. He's a remarkably good actor. He responds to people so well and naturally. Laughs as though he's hearing the joke for the first time. That's a skill of its own.%0D %0D I think Felicity's parents are definitely a very weak link. It always happens in very good shows. Her mother is awful. I don't believe a word she says.

by Anonymousreply 24March 22, 2011 2:21 AM

[quote]it was re-aired at one point every week night during the hour I usually prepared dinner -- the perfect hour for semi-mindless, familiar as an old pair of slippers fare.

MARY!!

by Anonymousreply 25March 22, 2011 2:21 AM

I think it used to air on WE for a bit. Does anybody know if it's airing on cable somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 26March 22, 2011 2:24 AM

R14, do it! I recently re-watched the whole Buffy series and would love a good gossip/discussion thread.

by Anonymousreply 27March 22, 2011 2:31 AM

I, too, am surprised Speedman isn't a bigger star, though for a while after Felicity, it seemed like he chose the wrong projects. I also think he could totally land a good TV show, but he seems not to be interested in TV anymore, even though it would make him a bigger name.

I once raised his name to a big-time producer, as a casting suggestion, and she wrinkled her nose and said that she was totally unimpressed by him, that in person, he's not at all dynamic and like a wet noodle. So maybe there is something going on off-camera that makes him less appealing? Or maybe this was just one person's opinion.

by Anonymousreply 28March 22, 2011 2:43 AM

Well nobody came out of Felicity a big star, except, ironically, Jennifer Garner. Who would have thought she'd end up the movie star?

Scott Speedman was in some indie movie with Sarah Polley that was pretty good. I think he's a very charismatic actor, but other than those vampire movies, I'm not sure what else he's really been up to.

Pretty much none of the mega hyped WB stars made it in movies like they thought they would. SMG has come crawling back to TV, Keri Russell had some sitcom on Fox that was canceled. In fact, the only big names that came out of the WB are Katie Holmes and Michelle Williams.

by Anonymousreply 29March 22, 2011 2:47 AM

[quote]she was totally unimpressed by him, that in person, he's not at all dynamic and like a wet noodle%0D %0D He's not great in interviews, it's true. Really bad actually... no natural charm, but who gives a shit when he's such a good actor?%0D Lots of very good actors are very dull people.

by Anonymousreply 30March 22, 2011 2:48 AM

The 24th Day!

I know I should hate the movie, but Scott Speedman and James Marsden as dudes who slept together ... sigh. I like the movie, sorry!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 22, 2011 2:55 AM

Keri starred in Waitress and a couple other movies and has had smaller roles in several movies. I think she's taking some down time after having had a kid.

by Anonymousreply 32March 22, 2011 3:06 AM

I bonded with my mom every Sunday over Felicity%0D %0D I remember gushing to her about how beautiful I thought Felicity looked, when it really was Scott Speedman who gave me a hard-on

by Anonymousreply 33March 22, 2011 3:10 AM

Excellent clip from the pilot show.%0D %0D Says it all, really.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 22, 2011 1:48 PM

Thanks for posting that, OP. I'm breaking out my DVD set.

by Anonymousreply 35March 22, 2011 8:57 PM

You're welcome, R35.%0D %0D Here's a clip of Scott Speedman, aged 18. I wont say anything about it, you have to watch.%0D %0D I'm turning into a Scott Speedman fangay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 22, 2011 10:10 PM

Damn, he's so sweet.

I would pay for someone to burn a DVD of 'Felicity' with just his scenes.

A. Dore. A. Ble.!

by Anonymousreply 37March 22, 2011 11:38 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 38March 25, 2011 11:36 PM

I'm so excited! I'm downloading the series now. Going to watch all four seasons today!

by Anonymousreply 39April 3, 2011 6:08 PM

[quote]Going to watch all four seasons today!%0D %0D It's not possible!

by Anonymousreply 40April 3, 2011 6:13 PM

Time for a little bump...

by Anonymousreply 41March 15, 2012 1:13 PM

They axed Popular for this bullshit!

by Anonymousreply 42March 15, 2012 1:20 PM

The best thing about Scot SpeedMan's character was his use of the word "DICK" he used it every time he could. Felicity had one of the best supporting casts in a show. Javier, Meghan, Richard..I loved them.

by Anonymousreply 43March 15, 2012 1:29 PM

The actress playing Meghan has a recurring role on Parenthood.

by Anonymousreply 44March 16, 2012 5:58 AM

Russell had both Speedman's and Foley's abortions in the first and third seasons, respectively.

by Anonymousreply 45March 16, 2012 6:16 AM

What? I don't remember that, R45.

I think I recall her and Noel getting together more seriously in a later season, but clearly I don't remember the entire Ben storyline.

by Anonymousreply 46March 16, 2012 6:45 AM

I don't get why they turned this teen show into sci fi with all the time travel stuff. That's like Gossip Girl all of a sudden having an alien invasion.

by Anonymousreply 47March 16, 2012 8:47 AM

Scott Speedman should have gotten the lead roll in Joe Carter. He would have kicked ass.

by Anonymousreply 48March 16, 2012 8:49 AM

[quote] but clearly I don't remember the entire Ben storyline.

neither do I

by Anonymousreply 49March 16, 2012 8:53 AM

Why didn't Amy Jo become a bigger star?

by Anonymousreply 50March 18, 2012 12:39 AM

The reason Scott Speedman never made it big is because he looks like a Muppet. His eyes and his mouth both look like they're sucking lemons. Just look at the clip at R34.

by Anonymousreply 51March 18, 2012 12:44 AM

[quote]Scott Speedman should have gotten the lead roll in Joe Carter.

Does this Joe Carter have a bakery chain? I wouldn't mind sampling his rolls.

by Anonymousreply 52March 18, 2012 12:44 AM

Scott Speedman is actually English, his parents moved to Canada when he was a tot.

He'd be quite different if he had an English accent.

by Anonymousreply 53March 18, 2012 12:56 AM

Being English explains his weird scrunched up face.

by Anonymousreply 54March 18, 2012 1:03 AM

The whole show was predicated on the idea of this eighteen year-old stalker moving to NYU to circle her prey more effectively.

by Anonymousreply 55May 20, 2012 11:16 PM

I'm still pissed Noel was killed off in the last season. It would have been better if Felicity ended up with him. Loved Noel.

by Anonymousreply 56May 21, 2012 1:16 AM

[quote]I'm still pissed Noel was killed off in the last season

They killed him off? I never knew that. Felicity must have been such a freak out on that episode (and for several after). She was such a drama queen, even when there was no drama. Cool cat she was not.

I never bothered getting seasons 3 & 4 mostly due to all the stuff I heard about the show going off.

by Anonymousreply 57May 21, 2012 1:27 AM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 58May 22, 2012 3:23 AM

Unpopular opinion Keri looked fantastic with short hair.

by Anonymousreply 59May 22, 2012 3:46 AM

The time travel thing was done because the show was originally only picked up for 17 episodes its last season. Then the WB ordered 5 more episodes and the writers had to scramble to come up with something. That being said, they really could have come up with something a lot better. Also, Elena was alive again because when Felicity went back in time she convinced her to go to a different med school. Unfortunately, that scene got left on the cutting room floor so her miraculous resurrection made zero sense.

by Anonymousreply 60May 22, 2012 4:05 AM

So the last five episodes aren't canon? It seemed the producers already wrapped up the show the way they wanted and those last 5 What If episodes were just tacked on but not meant to be taken seriously, like the What If episode of Grey's Anthony or the Halloween episodes of The Simpsons.

by Anonymousreply 61May 22, 2012 5:09 AM

Didn't they meet Hurley during those episodes?

by Anonymousreply 62May 22, 2012 6:14 AM

R61: it still makes zero sense.

If she had warned Elena and averted her death, then that means the spell was NOT undone, meaning 1) Noel would be dead and 2) all of the characters would be able to remember Felicity changing things in the new timeline.

There is no logical way to explain why Elena and Noel would both be alive.

Idiotic, lazy writing. A much simpler solution would have just been to nix the whole "Elena dies in a car accident" story altogether.

by Anonymousreply 63May 22, 2012 7:09 AM

Why did they get rid of Julie? Did Amy Jo have something else going on?

by Anonymousreply 64May 22, 2012 9:37 PM

I'm not sure what exactly happened to Amy Jo, but I know the network never liked her. There was an EW article before the show premiered that said the WB wanted to recast the role, but the producers went to bat for her and the network relented. I guess after a couple of years, though, the network got their way.

by Anonymousreply 65May 22, 2012 10:51 PM

R66 - Thanks. I found Julie/Amy Jo more interesting and more attractive than Felicity (though I do like Keri Russell).

by Anonymousreply 66May 22, 2012 10:57 PM

Actually she left the show on her own to do music. Stupid move on her part.

She was the best actress on the show and the only character who was willing to be like "WTF Felicity!?".

The time travel thing was weird but without it JJ Abrams wouldn't have the device used in all of his series.

by Anonymousreply 67May 22, 2012 10:58 PM

I could never tell the difference between Amy Jo and Jen Garner.

by Anonymousreply 68May 22, 2012 11:17 PM

Seriously, R69? They looked quite different.

by Anonymousreply 69May 22, 2012 11:26 PM

Amy Jo Johnson did not leave the show voluntarily. It may have been spun that way in a press release but she was definitely let go.

by Anonymousreply 70May 23, 2012 12:11 AM

She wasn't fired.

She left in the third season when her real life mother died. She was always welcome back and she did return at the end of the fourth and final season.

by Anonymousreply 71May 23, 2012 12:50 AM

What was ever in that box that the weird room mate would never let her touch?

by Anonymousreply 72May 23, 2012 1:11 AM

They answered that R73. It was black and white shrunk down versions of Felicity and her friends.

by Anonymousreply 73May 23, 2012 1:17 AM

Explain?

by Anonymousreply 74May 23, 2012 1:19 AM

I just saw a movie on cable with Scott Speedman in it. It was pretty good

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 23, 2012 1:21 AM

Meghan's box actually contained Felicity, Noel, Julie, Ben and Elena.  The whole episode was in black and white and it involved Felicity's visit to a doctor who promised to relieve her of her heartbreak by cutting out her heart.  Her friends had all visited the same place and had thes ame procedure done.  Then they all end up trapped in a room and it turns out that they are little dolls in Meghan's box.  The title of this particular episode is "Help for the Lovelorn."

by Anonymousreply 76May 23, 2012 1:40 AM

I'm rewatching season 2. Elena's pissed at Felicity for dropping pre-med. Felicity and Noel both wind up in the same art class & it's very uncomfortable at first.

by Anonymousreply 77July 7, 2013 11:19 PM

Too bad this is an old thread, and yes, this is completely OT, but I'd love to discuss Good Neighbors, the movie mentioned above. Is it poorly written or is there really some depth there?

by Anonymousreply 78July 8, 2013 12:02 AM

Amy Smart was really cute as Ruby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79July 25, 2013 12:51 AM

And Keri Russell interview from 1999 (Letterman)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80July 25, 2013 1:09 AM

Anyone know anything about what went on on the set?

by Anonymousreply 81August 14, 2014 3:49 AM

Bump - set gossip?

by Anonymousreply 82September 16, 2014 1:21 AM

Is this chick TV or is it safe for other humans as well? Sorry to necro this thread.

by Anonymousreply 83June 18, 2018 3:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!