Join the Bitchfest >>

Peaky Blinders, Series Four

Who saw the first episode this evening? Thoughts? Better than the third series?

This go-round looks to feature the Sicilian Mob, women’s rights campaigners, Unions, Adrien Brody and a hell of a lot of the white stuff. Thank Gods the Gypsies are back.

Programme website: http://bbc.in/1Wcl1W3 All new Peaky Blinders premiering exclusively on BBC Two.
YouTube
--Anonymous
replies 13Nov 15, 2017 12:48 PM +00:00

He has that haircut we were making fun of in another thread.

--Anonymous
replies 1Nov 15, 2017 12:48 PM +00:00

That’s the gang signature style R1. The ones with it are meant to be vicious street kings of mythic proportion so naturally the style has caught public imagination. The eldest brother figure of the gang (Arthur) does not sport it in this season opener, which is some interesting foreshadowing..

Back to episode one. That brutal swerve so early on had me shooketh. Polly is gonna fuck up the Don up royally with some Romani juju when she gets ahold of him.

I am so into the Polly/Tommy tension and I want that to underpin the season. I’m also looking forward to Ava evolving into a Boss-bitch, embracing her true nature.

--Anonymous
replies 2Nov 16, 2017 3:35 AM +00:00

Adrian Brody is sinister & menacing and is a good foil for Tommy, but also seems to be overdoing the accent a little....just me? I like his general look & manner for a Mobster, though. I buy it.

Grr, I didn’t want May back on the scene when it comes to Tommy (Pol is the only woman in Tommy’s life, even if he doesn’t realise it yet) but I do want her in the series as an agent in her own mini-plot. I would actually love May to explore some latent lesbianism, she’s got the horse-dyke thing going for her.

--Anonymous
replies 3Nov 23, 2017 7:03 AM +00:00

That “I need you back, Pol...”/“Paying for sex, sleeping with whores” exchange between Tommy & Polly in Charlie’s Yard felt like bitterly estranged lovers or spouses tentatively reconnecting. The sexual tension is off-the-charts; Polly feels jealous of his wandering attentions as much betrayed by his machinations, and Tommy can’t stand losing his other half to drugs & Michael.

The bravest move the show could make this season is a canon exploration of that relationship turning somewhat physical, or at least an explicit acknowledgement of their emotions & desires laying dormant.

Bring on episode 3....

--R2
replies 4Nov 26, 2017 12:54 PM +00:00

The handsome Paul Anderson (aka Arthur Shelby) is doing an interview on BBC Radio 2 this afternoon. He’s a very down-to-earth, witty bloke. He should get more credit for his work on PB than he does.

33.media.tumblr.com
--Anonymous
replies 5Nov 27, 2017 2:40 AM +00:00

Aiden Gillen (best known as gay lothario Stuart, Brian’s counterpart, in the UK ‘Queer As Folk’) is a newcomer this series, playing the Romani mercenary & rival ally to Tommy, Aberama Gold.

Who is Aberama Gold? Spend a minute with Aidan Gillen and find out... #PeakyBlinders season 4 starts tomorrow, 9pm, BBC Two.
www.facebook.com
--Anonymous
replies 6Nov 27, 2017 4:39 AM +00:00

Bump. Anyone waiting for this week’s ep?

--Anonymous
replies 7Nov 28, 2017 1:36 PM +00:00

“I want to get FUCKED.” Polly is a DL ICON.

Programme website: http://bbc.in/1Wcl1W3 Polly (Helen McCrory) questions Ada (Sophie Rundle) about her sex life and tells of her imminent plans for her own.
YouTube
--Anonymous
replies 8Nov 29, 2017 12:41 PM +00:00

Is Ada the only current living Peaky Blinder who hasn’t yet shot someone dead?

Tommy giving her handgun in Episode 1 felt significant, somehow. But who will she use it on....

--Anonymous
replies 9Dec 2, 2017 8:50 AM +00:00

Finn hasn’t, as we just found out R9. He’s a sweet boy and doesn’t seem to want to kill or maim or.assault as is the Shelby wont.

This episode was beautiful look at, Steven Knight really knows what he’s doing cinematographically. The long still shots are particularly gorgeous to linger on.

Am I the only one who doesn’t like Alfie in this? It’s like I can see Tom Hardy trying to remember his lines through the crutches.

--Anonymous
replies 10Dec 6, 2017 12:04 PM +00:00
Aiden Gillen (best known as gay lothario Stuart, Brian’s counterpart, in the UK ‘Queer As Folk’

Yes definitely best known as Stuart, not best known as Littlefinger on the world's most popular show.

--Oh the DL.
replies 11Dec 6, 2017 12:19 PM +00:00

We have exquisite taste here, R11.

--Anonymous
replies 12Dec 6, 2017 12:46 PM +00:00
Am I the only one who doesn’t like Alfie in this? It’s like I can see Tom Hardy trying to remember his lines through the crutches.

I don’t like the scenes between Alfie & Tommy, either. It was a fun little dynamic in Season One, but it’s tired at this point and lacks purpose. What’s so weird is how Cillian & Tom have chemistry in everything else and work together so well, but in ‘Peaky Blinders’ just act all over each other and create a mess.

--Anonymous
replies 13Dec 8, 2017 4:01 AM +00:00