Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I want to be underwhelmed—Vernal 🌿Equinox edition

You people have been so underwhelming that we need a new thread already.

by Anonymousreply 600April 13, 2024 3:47 AM

Where were we?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 5, 2024 9:16 PM

Thank you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2March 5, 2024 11:39 PM

I watched Priscilla last night. I thought it was boring.

by Anonymousreply 3March 5, 2024 11:52 PM

The sun came out. I’ve had to pull the blinds down.

by Anonymousreply 4March 5, 2024 11:54 PM

The rain started. I had to use the wipers.

by Anonymousreply 5March 6, 2024 12:02 AM

Please wait until the previous thread is done. See r1.

We value an orderly transition.

by Anonymousreply 6March 6, 2024 12:24 AM

I've got a new recipe for overnight oats that uses oat milk!

by Anonymousreply 7March 6, 2024 12:26 AM

No flowers have come up. I don’t blame them.

by Anonymousreply 8March 7, 2024 3:27 AM

I was in the middle of typing a comment on the other Underwhelmed thread when a "See ya" post popped up informing that the thread had reached 600 and THREAD CLOSED.

Now it won't make sense for me to proceed with the comment I was typing as it was about refrigerators which had been discussed in the last few comments.

I am torn as to whether I should proceed with my comment about refrigerators despite their being no frame of reference on this new thread.

Decisions, decisions...

by Anonymousreply 9March 8, 2024 8:10 PM

^there not their

by Anonymousreply 10March 8, 2024 8:10 PM

For R9

[quote] I just finished cleaning and rearranging the food in my refrigerator and freezer. On the surface, it sounds like an underwhelming bore, but I can assure you the undertaking became overwhelming. I’m taking a nap.

[quote] There are thing in my refrigerator that have been untouched for years. I probably should just throw them out.

by Anonymousreply 11March 8, 2024 8:39 PM

I suppose I’ll never get my question about shepherds pie answered.

by Anonymousreply 12March 8, 2024 8:41 PM

From memory, badly browned gray ground beef, R12.

No shepherds are used.

Oddly enough, green beans and tomatoes are layered and the potato top may have melted fake orange cheese.

by Anonymousreply 13March 8, 2024 8:45 PM

R12 I'm here! I made it with ground beef. After draining the beef I mixed in 2 TB of tomato paste, some beef broth,and sprinkled thyme, basil, rosemary, garlic and onion powder, and salt and pepper, and of course the mixed frozen vegetables.

Then for the instant potatoes I mixed in 3 TB of butter and on the top I sprinkled parmesan cheese, all-purpose French seasoning, and basil. I didn't use fresh herbs, just what I had in the spice rack.

I baked it at 400° for 25 minutes. It is so good!

by Anonymousreply 14March 8, 2024 9:18 PM

Daylight Saving Time pisses me off. Why can't it just stay the same as it is?

by Anonymousreply 15March 8, 2024 9:23 PM

Shepherd's pie is made with lamb meat. Cottage pie is made with cow meat, i.e., beef. American's tend to use beef and still call it shepherd's pie.

by Anonymousreply 16March 8, 2024 9:46 PM

Wait until you find out how we’ve desecrated scones, R16.

by Anonymousreply 17March 8, 2024 9:53 PM

Oh dearing myself at R16. Americans, not "American's."

R17, I am American. What happened to scones?

by Anonymousreply 18March 8, 2024 9:54 PM

I've decided to proceed with my refrigerator comment meant for the previous thread:

Many years ago, I dated for a short while a guy who was raised in a Catholic orphanage. His job at the orphanage was to clean and organize the refrigerators. There were specific written procedures for the cleaning and diagrams for where the food items were to be placed. If the protocol wasn't followed there would be hell to pay. This was ingrained in him.

Each time he came to my house he would go in my fridge and start organizing. It was infuriating and asking him to stop fell on deaf ears. I was constantly having to rearrange my fridge back to the way I wanted it after he left. My heart broke for him. On CHRISTMAS EVE when he was six years old, he was taken away by CPS because his alcoholic mother never came home after work and he and his brothers went knocking on neighbors' doors looking for food. He ran away from the orphanage when he was 15 or 16 and worked in bath houses in North Jersey until he was 18.

Anyway, whenever I clean and organize my fridge he crosses my mind and I hope that life turned out okay for him.

by Anonymousreply 19March 8, 2024 9:55 PM

R19, I'm curious as to how he organized the refrigerator, especially if it was a Catholic thing. (I went to Catholic school and that's why I know how to diagram sentences. So, I'm thinking there must be some good reasoning behind how Catholics organize refrigerators.)

Do you remember how he organized your refrigerator?

by Anonymousreply 20March 8, 2024 10:01 PM

I may have been raised in a Catholic orphanage.

The refrigerator training came in handy when I began my career as a bathhouse attendant; informational pamphlets on top, clean jizz rags on second shelf, sealed condoms below that, and finally Lube bottles.

by Anonymousreply 21March 8, 2024 10:05 PM

My cheeses are all in the drawers in the lower part of my fridge.

by Anonymousreply 22March 8, 2024 10:07 PM

r20, best I could determine was that he was grouping items by the meal in which they would be used. I never asked what his system was, I just want him to stop it as whatever he was doing it didn't work for my single person household.

by Anonymousreply 23March 8, 2024 10:18 PM

That’s a sad story about neglected child fridge guy.

by Anonymousreply 24March 8, 2024 10:42 PM

Talk about a "Whirlpool" of tragedy for child fridge guy.

by Anonymousreply 25March 8, 2024 10:55 PM

I am so depressed, my writing is helping somewhat, I guess...

by Anonymousreply 26March 9, 2024 1:52 AM

^is that an example?

Try Prozac.

by Anonymousreply 27March 9, 2024 4:21 AM

Rao's Soup was BOGO. I got two of the Italian Wedding Soup with Meatballs.

I might repurpose the glass jars they come in.

by Anonymousreply 28March 9, 2024 1:43 PM

Turn them into vases or art pieces to showcase your good taste and clever consumerism.

by Anonymousreply 29March 9, 2024 2:16 PM

I discovered 2 jars of mustard in the fridge yesterday, which were probably purchased during the Carter administration. I’m going to bin the contents now, and was the jars for recycling.

by Anonymousreply 30March 9, 2024 2:30 PM

And therefore, r30 Carter outlives the demise of your mustard.

by Anonymousreply 31March 9, 2024 3:18 PM

Last night I was stoned and this Xyzal ad with the owl came on. I thought, “I’d definitely watch a whole show with this owl.” Now that it’s the next morning I’m less sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 9, 2024 3:45 PM

I’m doing a Jane Austen jigsaw today, while listening to podcasts. I feel very gay and very elderly.

by Anonymousreply 33March 9, 2024 3:55 PM

I love jigsaw puzzles.

by Anonymousreply 34March 9, 2024 4:28 PM

I made a root beer float. It was good. I plan to make another one tomorrow. YOLO.

by Anonymousreply 35March 9, 2024 6:20 PM

Did you get your Ben and Jerry's vanilla ice cream? BTW, what's wrong with using Haagen-Dazs vanilla?

by Anonymousreply 36March 9, 2024 6:25 PM

I just bought three cases of infused black cherry soda in its newest iteration from the same manufacturer. The new stuff is five times stronger than what they used to sell: 115 mgs of THC per can.

If it works the way it should, I'll be taking a nap soon.

by Anonymousreply 37March 9, 2024 6:27 PM

Yes, r36! Ben & Jerry's vanilla is my absolute favorite, only vanilla I'll buy. I've tried many.

I also got my beloved Stewart's root beer. Jersey Shore nostalgia. Anyone been "down the shore" and gone to Stewart's Root Beer for a burger, fries and a root beer float brought to your car?

by Anonymousreply 38March 9, 2024 6:32 PM

I was introduced to Tillamook ice-cream a few weeks ago! It is so good and creamy.

by Anonymousreply 39March 9, 2024 6:36 PM

Am I the asshole for not getting out of bed in the midst of an attack of vertigo to show my “starving” cat that the food has been sitting in her bowel in the kitchen for the past two hours?

by Anonymousreply 40March 9, 2024 6:36 PM

There's a couple on YT that does food reviews and they've done several of the Tillamook ice cream. They give it rave reviews. I've been meaning to try it. They particularly liked the strawberry and peach.

by Anonymousreply 41March 9, 2024 6:40 PM

r38 I didn't have to go down the shore to eat at a Stewart's Root Beer stand. There was one in the next town. I would go there a lot once I got my license. After pizza, cheeseburgers were my favorite food when I was 17.

by Anonymousreply 42March 9, 2024 6:42 PM

You guys and your cats ...

by Anonymousreply 43March 9, 2024 6:46 PM

I took Wellbutrin for the first time this week, and it made my skin crawl with random, temporary itching… something like a pinprick, but itchy.

I did not sleep for two days. I finally made an inventory of new things in my life (New body soap? Unusual food consumed? New laundry detergent?

I finally found the culprit.

Avoid that shit.

by Anonymousreply 44March 9, 2024 6:51 PM

I could not tolerate Wellbutrin that well, either. (No pun intended.)

by Anonymousreply 45March 9, 2024 6:57 PM

Using remaining bits & pieces, I added capers and chives to a clump of cottage cheese and spread the mess over toasted (Toh-ah-stehd) sour dough bread. Feeling pretty fucking fancy right about now; may replace the Saturday whore bath with a real shower!

by Anonymousreply 46March 9, 2024 7:08 PM

R44 Try something else. I cycled through 15 meds over five years before finding what worked well enough to offset any side effects. In my case that was Wellbutrin which had no noticeable side effects. It was like slipping into a warm blanket back then. Nothing else until then (this was 20-plus years ago) worked like that. I've been on it, stably, for 15 years. Its effects now are so subtle I proposed halving the dose the last time I saw my PCP to see if I still need that much or even none. But everybody's different and it can be a long slog to find what works for you. Good luck finding what works because there are so many to work with.

by Anonymousreply 47March 9, 2024 7:31 PM

A man drove past me earlier blaring "Barbie Girl" on his car radio and singing "YOU CAN BRUSH MY HAIR UNDRESS ME EVERYWHERE" off-key at the top of his lungs

by Anonymousreply 48March 9, 2024 7:44 PM

A man drove past me earlier blaring "Barbie Girl" on his car radio and singing "YOU CAN BRUSH MY HAIR UNDRESS ME EVERYWHERE" off-key at the top of his lungs

by Anonymousreply 49March 9, 2024 7:44 PM

^ apologies for the double post

by Anonymousreply 50March 9, 2024 7:45 PM

Kit is never allowed to use the rejoinder, “Did I stutter, Motherfucker?”

Sucks to be Kit.

by Anonymousreply 51March 9, 2024 7:46 PM

R47. Thanks so much for the suggestion, but I’m not sure I need anything…it was something my PA was pushing, so no loss.

In retrospect, I he’s trying to fill a hole that’s not there.

by Anonymousreply 52March 9, 2024 7:59 PM

[quote] Using remaining bits & pieces, I added capers and chives to a clump of cottage cheese and spread the mess over toasted (Toh-ah-stehd) sour dough bread. Feeling pretty fucking fancy right about now; may replace the Saturday whore bath with a real shower!

If you can doll up your cottage cheese, you can take a shower.

I don't understand DLers who appear to have their own apartments / houses, yet want to take these abbreviated showers and baths. I can understand if you're living in a van, but come on.

by Anonymousreply 53March 9, 2024 8:03 PM

R33 sounds like a lovely afternoon to me.

I’m on the train heading home. It’s a local.

by Anonymousreply 54March 9, 2024 8:08 PM

I avoid cottage cheese…it’s a texture thing.

But one wonders if it’s a good moisturizer.

by Anonymousreply 55March 9, 2024 8:08 PM

The last posts of the previous thread reminded me that I need to freeze some leftovers, but my freezer is full. I need to take something out to make space.

by Anonymousreply 56March 9, 2024 8:19 PM

River is sporting quite the headgear today. I truly laughed out loud.

by Anonymousreply 57March 9, 2024 8:47 PM

[quote]he’s trying to fill a hole that’s not there

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 58March 9, 2024 8:56 PM

Valerine Bertinelli didn't finish high school. Neither did Craig Ferguson.

by Anonymousreply 59March 10, 2024 2:29 AM

Neither did Ryan White.

by Anonymousreply 60March 10, 2024 2:37 AM

^whelming!

by Anonymousreply 61March 10, 2024 4:25 AM

r41, do it! It's heaven in a bowl. I started basic with the French Vanilla. I think I'll go for something a bit more dramatic this week.

by Anonymousreply 62March 10, 2024 11:05 AM

My favorite vanilla ice creams are Hood and Stewart’s. Both are regional. I will see if I can get Tillamook in NY.

by Anonymousreply 63March 10, 2024 12:37 PM

Does Donny Osmond wear a toupee?

by Anonymousreply 64March 10, 2024 5:08 PM

I have a craving for a ribeye steak on the grill.

But I don't have a ribeye.

I do have a grill.

Why must life be so unfair.

by Anonymousreply 65March 10, 2024 7:37 PM

Listened to a podcast episode about Garibaldi on my morning run today and my head still hurts from it. Had to stop and rewind constantly. And even with that, most of the Piedmont section went straight over my head. This doesn't normally happen to me, but my god what a convoluted affair Risorgimento was.

by Anonymousreply 66March 10, 2024 7:53 PM

Do you gave a market, r65? Someplace that sells meat?

by Anonymousreply 67March 10, 2024 8:43 PM

I keep forgetting it was spring.forward time today because all my clocks changed automatically. Did DLS really happen?

by Anonymousreply 68March 10, 2024 8:43 PM

My microwave says “yes.”

by Anonymousreply 69March 10, 2024 8:45 PM

Gee, I don’t know. I guess we’ll have to check what time 60 Minutes comes on.

by Anonymousreply 70March 10, 2024 8:45 PM

Just ate a bunch of spaghetti bolognese. Now laying down with a cat.

by Anonymousreply 71March 10, 2024 10:00 PM

A cat? Is it your cat? A cat that wandered in off the street? A cat you wrestled away from a neighborhood child? Whose cat is it??? We don't take kindly to cat thieves around here.

by Anonymousreply 72March 10, 2024 10:05 PM

Relax. I’m sure it’s a rescue cat.

by Anonymousreply 73March 10, 2024 10:06 PM

It's a relaxy cat. He is always up for a lie down and also lives in my house. Along with another relaxy cat.

by Anonymousreply 74March 10, 2024 10:17 PM

[quote]Do you gave a market, [R65]? Someplace that sells meat?

Are you suggesting I actually get dressed and leave the house on Sunday when I already left the house on Friday? Does not compute.

There's a huge package of ten rolls of Bounty paper towels in the trunk of my car that has been there since Friday because I couldn't be bothered to make a second trip back out to my car.

by Anonymousreply 75March 10, 2024 10:19 PM

R65 / r75 you are the demographic Instacart exists for.

by Anonymousreply 76March 10, 2024 10:45 PM

Sometimes I wonder if my favorite actor Eduardo Noriega is wearing a hairpiece, or if he has a horrible stylist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77March 10, 2024 10:49 PM

How far is your car from your house or apartment? I like to empty out my car completely after a shopping trip.

by Anonymousreply 78March 10, 2024 10:49 PM

Car is in my driveway. I brought all the bags inside and when I headed back out through the garage to get the paper towels I heard my neighbor's big mouth so I just shut the garage door instead and decided I'd get the paper towels later. That was two days ago. I need to start pulling my car into the garage to support my need not to chat with neighbor every time I go out to my car.

by Anonymousreply 79March 10, 2024 11:12 PM

R77. Both can be true at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 80March 11, 2024 1:35 AM

Update:

I got the paper towels out of my car.

I also walked the dogs and got the mail.

That is all.

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 81March 11, 2024 6:57 PM

You deserve a nap.

by Anonymousreply 82March 11, 2024 6:58 PM

And a ribeye steak.

by Anonymousreply 83March 11, 2024 7:40 PM

I have to get milk. I’m afraid after recent discussions I’m going to go to the market that sells Tillamook ice cream.

I’m bad.

by Anonymousreply 84March 11, 2024 7:50 PM

r84 totally give in to the temptation and buy the ice-cream!! 😈👿

by Anonymousreply 85March 11, 2024 8:44 PM

I did.

by Anonymousreply 86March 11, 2024 8:45 PM

r85 you are my hero! lol

I'd be curious to know how you liked the brand!

by Anonymousreply 87March 11, 2024 8:47 PM

I'm tired of this fucking wind in New England today. 40 mph with gusts 55. Power got knocked out for most of the day so I'm glad I have a generator for the entire house. A must when you live in the sticks.

by Anonymousreply 88March 11, 2024 9:22 PM

I’m out of dental floss.

by Anonymousreply 89March 11, 2024 10:39 PM

Not to brag, but I have around 15 packs (spools) of Dr. Tung’s floss. I have periodontal issues, so I am never out of that floss.

by Anonymousreply 90March 11, 2024 11:55 PM

Oh Lordy won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz?

by Anonymousreply 91March 12, 2024 12:04 AM

I have the hiccups.

I blame the flavored sparkling water I drink for my discomfort.

by Anonymousreply 92March 12, 2024 12:10 AM

FREE FUCKS! FREE FUCKS!

by Anonymousreply 93March 12, 2024 1:53 AM

I was going to do laundry today but I didn't feel like it.

I'll do it tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 94March 12, 2024 2:41 AM

I realize that people had it way worse before the washing machine was invented, but I still hate doing laundry.

by Anonymousreply 95March 12, 2024 3:05 AM

It was 72 today. I didn’t even wear a coat or sleeves. I already ate my daily pizza, so dinner was sushi.

by Anonymousreply 96March 12, 2024 3:18 AM

I like r96's signature style.

Our signature's should state relevant info. BMI, age group, geographic location, maybe salary...

by Anonymousreply 97March 12, 2024 3:22 AM

^signatures

by Anonymousreply 98March 12, 2024 3:22 AM

I've started showering before bed instead of in the morning, and it feels like a whole new world, albeit an underwhelming one.

by Anonymousreply 99March 12, 2024 3:25 AM

I shower at night, too, R99. When I lived with my ex-BF, I got him started on showering at night.

Now that I've been single for a long, long time, I still enjoy showering at night. Well, I don't really enjoy the shower, but I enjoy the feeling of being showered off and clean.

by Anonymousreply 100March 12, 2024 3:38 AM

[quote] Our signature's should state relevant info. BMI, age group, geographic location, maybe salary...

Whether stuff is available.

by Anonymousreply 101March 12, 2024 4:21 AM

I ordered a Honey Baked ham for Easter.

I vowed after hosting both Thanksgiving and Christmas that I would take it easy for the next holiday.

by Anonymousreply 102March 12, 2024 1:40 PM

Are you going to heat it up?

by Anonymousreply 103March 12, 2024 1:47 PM

[quote]Are you going to heat it up?

Well I don't have it yet. I shall pick it up the day before and then take it to friend's house the day of. He can heat it, not heat it, whatever floats his boat.

I ain't cooking. I ain't baking. I'm just driving to the Honey Baked store this holiday.

by Anonymousreply 104March 12, 2024 3:39 PM

^ I don't know how my authenticated signature got in there. I never use, been years. What kind of nonsense is this now?

by Anonymousreply 105March 12, 2024 3:41 PM

You accidentally checked the “sign post as” box.

by Anonymousreply 106March 12, 2024 4:02 PM

Another very windy day in New England. A huge storm in the Maritimes is causing it and is slowly moving away. I wish it would step on it.

by Anonymousreply 107March 12, 2024 4:06 PM

My back hurts. Come massage it for me.

by Anonymousreply 108March 12, 2024 5:13 PM

I’m getting ready to take a great big piss.

by Anonymousreply 109March 12, 2024 5:31 PM

I’ve already eaten all the Tillamook and I’m not feeling very well.

by Anonymousreply 110March 12, 2024 9:51 PM

The ice cream? How was it? The root beer float poster got me wanting Ben and Jerrys and ice cream is not my drug of choice.

by Anonymousreply 111March 12, 2024 10:29 PM

I just successfully replaced the belt on my clothes dryer. I feel so butch.

by Anonymousreply 112March 12, 2024 10:31 PM

Tillamook is excellent ice cream.

I’ve been to Tillamook, so I’m a long-time fan.

by Anonymousreply 113March 12, 2024 10:34 PM

These two have a bunch of Tillamook reviews on their channel. Here's one.

I've bought so many snacks and frozen foods because of this couple. The Motor City Detroit Style frozen pizza I keep raving about here is because of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114March 12, 2024 10:43 PM

[quote]I just successfully replaced the belt on my clothes dryer. I feel so butch.

Why, you're a veritable lesbian!

by Anonymousreply 115March 12, 2024 10:46 PM

Nope, I'm a full figured, full bearded old teddy bear.

by Anonymousreply 116March 12, 2024 10:49 PM

R23 etc. He sounds adorable. Why did you let him get away?

by Anonymousreply 117March 12, 2024 11:00 PM

R112 I once replaced a fuse inside the dryer, but replacing the belt would overwhelm me. That is butch.

by Anonymousreply 118March 13, 2024 12:40 AM

I'm out of Q-tips. The last time I bought a package was a million years ago because they come in packs of hundreds. Why can't we buy just a few Q-tips or maybe 25 of them at a time? I don't want 500 of them for $4.95. I'll be dead before I use them all.

by Anonymousreply 119March 13, 2024 1:28 AM

R119 they make travel-size packs of Q-tips.

by Anonymousreply 120March 13, 2024 1:47 AM

Yeah, there's only 75 in the travel-size pack.

by Anonymousreply 121March 13, 2024 2:03 AM

The quality of Q-tips has gone down. Less cotton on the ends. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 122March 13, 2024 3:26 AM

Who put the Q in Q-tips?

by Anonymousreply 123March 13, 2024 3:42 AM

Sharon Osbourne

by Anonymousreply 124March 13, 2024 6:03 AM

I dreamed me and Mom were driving down a steep hill in a heavy equipment vehicle. I talked her down and we avoided rear ending someone. Weird one in daylight dozing.

by Anonymousreply 125March 13, 2024 7:05 AM

I was thoroughly whelmed by a late-night commercial I saw a couple of hours ago. It was for some goop called Mighty Mendit that's supposed to repair fabric. The pitchman in the commercial was Billy Mays. Not a lookalike, either. The name "Billy Mays" flashed on the screen. I immediately thought, "Didn't he die?" I looked him up. Not only did he die, he's been dead for 15 years. And yet he's still on my television selling Mighty Mendit.

by Anonymousreply 126March 13, 2024 7:33 AM

I buy generic q-tips at door stores. Now they’re reducing the cotton I’m not missing anything.

by Anonymousreply 127March 13, 2024 7:55 AM

I projectile vomited 8 times on Sunday night. Two times, 4 ejections. Pain was in middle of my guts and there was little nausea or warning. Had to grab waste can first on living room sofa. Never had this before. Usually comes out other end. I did eat a of sugar the night before so I woke up feeling bad. But this was hours later after a can of soup.

by Anonymousreply 128March 13, 2024 9:13 AM

Wrong thread, R128.

by Anonymousreply 129March 13, 2024 10:06 AM

The time change is still kicking my ass. I was awake until 1:30 AM and had to get up at 7:30 AM

by Anonymousreply 130March 13, 2024 12:15 PM

Update:

I went to The Fresh Market and bought a couple of ribeye steaks and other meats.

by Anonymousreply 131March 13, 2024 1:53 PM

The store brand dry eye drops just don't work as well as Systane.

by Anonymousreply 132March 13, 2024 2:07 PM

There are two kinds of eye drops: the cosmetic type, like Visine (gets the red out); and the type that is for dry eyes. I use the Genteal brand (for dry eyes). Never tried Systane.

by Anonymousreply 133March 13, 2024 4:07 PM

Yesterday I went to the grocery store to buy toothpicks. I couldn't find them. I searched the liquor, baking, and toothpaste section and finally had to ask someone who works there.

They were next to the napkins. I bought a box.

by Anonymousreply 134March 13, 2024 4:24 PM

I had been searching every drawer in the house for some winning lottery scratch-off tickets I knew I put away, but couldn't remember where. Then I remembered I have a safe. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 135March 13, 2024 4:30 PM

R134, Ever since I started using floss picks, I never use toothpicks.

by Anonymousreply 136March 13, 2024 4:31 PM

R134 that seems like a logical location but I probably wouldn’t have looked there. I would have looked next to the olives.

R136 ever since I stepped on a toothpick and needed surgery to remove it, I stopped buying them and rely on those floss picks too.

by Anonymousreply 137March 13, 2024 6:29 PM

I've been using The Doctor's Brushpicks for the last 20+ years instead of toothpicks. I also floss. I'm fairly compulsive about it, doing one or the other after each meal or snack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138March 13, 2024 7:03 PM

There are many labels given to wind:

Light breeze, gentle breeze, calm, light air, fresh breeze, strong breeze, fart, high wind, gale, strong gale, storm, violent storm, hurricane force.

by Anonymousreply 139March 13, 2024 8:11 PM

Please don’t whip out your used dental floss and use it at the table in a restaurant like my mother.

by Anonymousreply 140March 13, 2024 8:21 PM

Would fresh dental floss have been okay?

by Anonymousreply 141March 13, 2024 8:52 PM

[quote]Light breeze, gentle breeze, calm, light air, fresh breeze, strong breeze, fart, high wind, gale, strong gale, storm, violent storm, hurricane force.

Air biscuit.

by Anonymousreply 142March 13, 2024 9:08 PM

No. Flossing is meant to be private. In the powder room.

by Anonymousreply 143March 13, 2024 9:12 PM

I'm reading the book "Spare" by Prince Harry.

William is such an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 144March 13, 2024 10:05 PM

I paid some of the bills twice this month. I feel like an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 145March 13, 2024 10:47 PM

Don't let it bother you too much, R145. You're probably just very, very, old.

by Anonymousreply 146March 13, 2024 11:36 PM

Pants off

by Anonymousreply 147March 14, 2024 12:21 AM

Cherry Blossom La Croix is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 148March 14, 2024 12:26 AM

I have a delightful window spot at the local library with great views of an Art Deco building and The Sound - that is unusable between 4:30 and 5:30 because of intense sunlight.

by Anonymousreply 149March 14, 2024 12:38 AM

The white Gatorade Zero is also disgusting. All the other zero flavors are pretty good. I had to spit out the white one and pour it out.

by Anonymousreply 150March 14, 2024 1:53 AM

I bought pears with the intention of making baked stuffed pears. But now I waited too long and now the pears are too soft.

by Anonymousreply 151March 14, 2024 2:27 AM

What do you stuff the pears with?

I went to Costco and got tons of small-ish Honeycrisp apples. Went to the Asian store and bought one huge Korean pear.

by Anonymousreply 152March 14, 2024 4:05 AM

I only use toothpicks to test whether my cakes or cupcakes are done. Could I use the dental floss picks for that purpose? No.

by Anonymousreply 153March 14, 2024 5:19 AM

I remember my grandmother pulling a straw out of a broom to test a cake. I assume she used the clean end, but, still . . .

by Anonymousreply 154March 14, 2024 8:15 AM

My new dog looks just like Scrappy-Doo!

by Anonymousreply 155March 14, 2024 8:48 AM

Didn't sleep enough to have any semblance of a productive day.

by Anonymousreply 156March 14, 2024 9:11 AM

You can use a piece of uncooked spaghetti to see if a cake is done.

by Anonymousreply 157March 14, 2024 3:17 PM

My iron pill is making me nauseous today.

by Anonymousreply 158March 14, 2024 5:26 PM

Don’t talk about cake on pi day. It’s cruel.

by Anonymousreply 159March 14, 2024 5:31 PM

[quote]Didn't sleep enough to have any semblance of a productive day.

How I envy you.

by Anonymousreply 160March 14, 2024 6:30 PM

Are we allowed to grab joggling balls?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161March 15, 2024 2:03 AM

Panera soup was BOGO. I put two of the Broccoli Cheddar in my cart.

Then as I was headed to self-checkout I had a change of heart so I went back and replaced one of the Broccoli Cheddar with a Lobster Bisque.

In the end I feel I made the right decision.

by Anonymousreply 162March 15, 2024 1:54 PM

I just noticed that one of my coworkers, who I dislike, uses the Papyrus font for her email signature / sign-off area.

by Anonymousreply 163March 15, 2024 4:33 PM

Send her this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164March 15, 2024 5:16 PM

It is with trepidation that I once again attempt to feed crows nutritious leftovers. We live close to a 7-Eleven so the little fuckers pig out on junk food.

I don’t want to start a Crows of Walmart Obesity Panic, but my group is less active, looking chubbier, and all mouth.

by Anonymousreply 165March 15, 2024 5:19 PM

Charmed I’m sure.

by Anonymousreply 166March 15, 2024 5:30 PM

First part of crown completed this am. Get the perm in next week. Relaxing on the couch now. I had to take an Ativan and now I am sleepy.

by Anonymousreply 167March 15, 2024 5:44 PM

I condole you, R167. I got a filling on a molar and the dentist said the molar is fractured and I may need a crown, at some point.

Anyway, sounds nice to relax on a couch.

by Anonymousreply 168March 15, 2024 6:11 PM

R167, at first I thought “perm” was a future hair appointment and I was whelmed.

Please consider that hair care is just as important as oral hygiene! Don’t jump in to a perm.

by Anonymousreply 169March 15, 2024 6:18 PM

I’m on my heating pad and I’m so excited

by Anonymousreply 170March 15, 2024 6:24 PM

Come on, baby. You know you want me to taste it.

by Anonymousreply 171March 15, 2024 7:52 PM

My new dog left me a scrappy-doo on the carpet this morning😩

by Anonymousreply 172March 15, 2024 8:18 PM

I went shopping and didn’t buy any treats.

I think I deserve a reward.

by Anonymousreply 173March 15, 2024 9:00 PM

YOU DIDN'T BUY ANY TREATS????

by Anonymousreply 174March 15, 2024 9:02 PM

R171 Might be a bit musky but have at it.

by Anonymousreply 175March 15, 2024 9:19 PM

Yesterday swarming bees tried to make a new home in my chimney. 18 came into my house. My Apt management had to take care of it. Of course they were all killed. I should have called a beekeeper myself.

by Anonymousreply 176March 15, 2024 9:32 PM

I went shopping and did by some treats: Walker's shortbread cookies and Black ramen.

by Anonymousreply 177March 15, 2024 9:43 PM

I feel bad using sticky traps to kill fruit flies/gnats.

by Anonymousreply 178March 15, 2024 9:50 PM

I was without water for 14 hours last night because of a broken water main near my building that needed to be replaced. I was thrilled when water service returned.

by Anonymousreply 179March 16, 2024 3:43 AM

R179, did you have some back-up drinking water, though?

I have a few jugs in my cabinets. Not as much as is recommended. But I do have something to drink.

by Anonymousreply 180March 16, 2024 4:16 AM

I always keep bottled water on hand, R180. I'll use tap water for cooking, but not for drinking.

by Anonymousreply 181March 16, 2024 7:32 AM

my 2 dogs eat a dozen milk bones minis daily

by Anonymousreply 182March 16, 2024 9:30 AM

R183 isn't that too much treats?

by Anonymousreply 183March 16, 2024 3:52 PM

Those dogs must be chubby and/or constipated.

by Anonymousreply 184March 16, 2024 5:49 PM

I don't eat the chocolate chunks in Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey and Cherry Garcia. I pick them out.

by Anonymousreply 185March 16, 2024 6:07 PM

What's the point, then.

BTW, I did a comparison taste test. Haagen Dazs cherry vanilla is better than Cherry Garcia. Especially if you're picking out the chocolate chunks (H-D has no chocolate), you might consider trying H-D cherry vanilla.

by Anonymousreply 186March 16, 2024 6:13 PM

r183 r184 Milk Bones minis are tiny and only about 1/2' long by 0.25"wide.

by Anonymousreply 187March 16, 2024 6:30 PM

r184 no they're the opposite of constipated. they shit all day long !

by Anonymousreply 188March 16, 2024 6:31 PM

My dental hygienist presented me with a tongue rake, and said it would change my life.

I’m still waiting.

by Anonymousreply 189March 16, 2024 6:58 PM

Sometimes I rewatch S1, E1 of Schitt's Creek just for the scene where David and Alexis are fighting over the bed at the motel when they first arrive there and they do this little back and forth with each other of "No you get murdered first", NO you get murdered first for once".

Also the scene in E1 when they are in the Diner and Moira calls Alexis "a selfish, duplicitous whore".

That's it. Just S1, E1. I've already re-watched the entire series a couple of times and don't need to go any further.

by Anonymousreply 190March 17, 2024 12:34 AM

When I see the word “legendary,” I read “eldergay.”

Perhaps I need some time away.

by Anonymousreply 191March 17, 2024 3:43 PM

I’ve just made a list of 10 household tasks I need to do today. The very act of making the list has induced an ineffable sense of ennui.

by Anonymousreply 192March 17, 2024 4:12 PM

I tried to make VintageGay happen here as I don't like eldergay but it didn't catch on.

I've never been much of a trendsetter, more of a follower I suppose. It's my lot in life.

by Anonymousreply 193March 17, 2024 4:30 PM

Guiness stew and carrot cake from scratch took all day to make; 20 minutes to eat.

by Anonymousreply 194March 17, 2024 4:41 PM

That’s my problem with cooking.

by Anonymousreply 195March 17, 2024 4:46 PM

[quote] Guiness stew and carrot cake from scratch took all day to make; 20 minutes to eat.

Yeah, but you have some nice leftovers.

by Anonymousreply 196March 17, 2024 4:53 PM

Jeff from Pressure Luck grew a beard. I don't care for it.

Also, his kitchen looks kind of cluttered and messy. I don't like that either.

He made Jewish pasta. I hadn't watched his videos in a long time since after a while all the pressure cooker food began to look like slop much like crockpot recipes do.

His partner appears to have come out of his shell a bit.

by Anonymousreply 197March 17, 2024 5:19 PM

I just checked the Pressure Luck latest video. Looks like he put on weight, as well. He's also wearing a yellow Walt Disney World sweatshirt (vintage?). I.e., looks like pajamas.

His countertops do look crowded, plus he's got a bunch of Keurig pods. Thumbs down on using Keurig.

by Anonymousreply 198March 17, 2024 5:24 PM

Went to the library to get a Stanley Tucci cookbook. His recipes are as fussy and prissy as he is. Don't think I'll be making any of them.

by Anonymousreply 199March 17, 2024 5:44 PM

Has Lea & Perrins steak sauce been discontinued?

I don't like A1.

Recommendations for a L&P substitute?

by Anonymousreply 200March 17, 2024 6:01 PM

I had a memory foam pillow delivered today to aid my poor aged shoulder and back. I thought it was rather thin (unlike me), but during the afternoon, it seems to have gotten fatter (like me).

by Anonymousreply 201March 17, 2024 6:16 PM

R200, never had the L&P steak sauce, only the Worcestershire. How about just mixing together some Worcestershire and ketchup?

I like A1.

by Anonymousreply 202March 17, 2024 6:18 PM

I played with myself for hours on end. It was extreeeeeeeme!

by Anonymousreply 203March 17, 2024 6:30 PM

My MIL is 99 years old lives with 24 hour home health aides in her house. The aides complained refrigerator is broken (it’s 5 years old). They sent photo to husband to show inside of refrigerator is black. And there in the refrigerator is a giant bottle of vodka. MIL has never had alcohol in her entire life.

by Anonymousreply 204March 17, 2024 8:15 PM

Time to go to MIL's house.

by Anonymousreply 205March 17, 2024 8:19 PM

[quote]Guinness stew and carrot cake from scratch took all day to make; 20 minutes to eat.

[quote]Yeah, but you have some nice leftovers.

Assuming that there are some leftovers, R196.

by Anonymousreply 206March 17, 2024 8:27 PM

St. Patrick's Day nostalgia prompted me to make my mother's recipe for Irish soda bread.

Now I'm stuck with an entire loaf of Irish soda bread.

by Anonymousreply 207March 17, 2024 8:33 PM

Define "stuck".

by Anonymousreply 208March 17, 2024 8:36 PM

Today, I will break into my Kerrygold "reserve cheddar" cheese. Not because it's St. Patrick's Day, but because I need some cheese.

by Anonymousreply 209March 17, 2024 8:37 PM

[quote]Define "stuck".

I'll eat too much of it, R208.

by Anonymousreply 210March 17, 2024 8:41 PM

I saw a reddit thread asking what the day Michael Jackson died was like. I am so very, very old.

by Anonymousreply 211March 17, 2024 8:50 PM

Wasn't that just three or four years ago, R211?

by Anonymousreply 212March 17, 2024 8:53 PM

Speaking of Irish soda bread, earlier this week I was standing in line at the Post Office and a retiree came in, bypassed the line and went straight up to the counter and gave the Post Worker Irish soda bread he baked.

Apparently, the last time he was in the Post Office they discussed Irish soda bread and she mentioned she had never tried it.

The look Postal Worker exchanged with her co-worker after he left gave me the impression she would not be eating said bread.

In general, you take a big chance when you give homemade food to strangers especially post COVID.

She looked like Brett Butler (present day, not in her youth) and sounded like her too. He looked like John Mahoney from Frasier.

by Anonymousreply 213March 17, 2024 9:07 PM

[quote] I'm tired of this fucking wind in New England today. 40 mph with gusts 55

It’s March.

I remember as a kid seeing a book about months of the year. At the top of the MARCH calendar it had clouds with big white faces blowing wind out of their mouths. Two kids were walking to school holding onto their hats as wind blew around them.

The heading said “March: Comes in a lion, goes out like a lamb.”

At the bottom of the page the two kids were sitting in a sunny meadows petting a 🐑

And every year since then, March has come in like a lion and gone out like a lamb.

by Anonymousreply 214March 17, 2024 9:55 PM

My grandmother always made soda,bread. It was flat bread. We’d cut it into wedges, split each wedge in half and toast it. Then drench with butter.

I walked past a bakery when I moved to NYC that had a big sign “IRISH SODA BREAD.” It looked nothing like my grandmothers soda bread. It was dome shaped.

Years later I found out what my grandmother called “soda bread” was actually called “farls” but farls sounded funny to Americans so she called it soda bread. Haven’t had it since she died.

I came across this years ago. Maybe if I want to spend $30 on shipping I’ll get it someday. But I don’t think so,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215March 17, 2024 10:01 PM

I don’t eat any ice cream with chips unless they melt in my mouth. I am not into chewing chocolate. Reminds me of the indestructible chocolate we got in C-rations.

by Anonymousreply 216March 17, 2024 10:51 PM

A leprechaun tried to rape me this afternoon

by Anonymousreply 217March 17, 2024 11:32 PM

[quote]I had a memory foam pillow delivered today to aid my poor aged shoulder and back.

R201 Was it a My Pillow? Or maybe those aren't memory foam.

by Anonymousreply 218March 18, 2024 12:50 AM

To the steak sauce poster above I love HP sauce. The regular blue label better than the bold version(yellow label I think).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219March 18, 2024 1:25 AM

There's also something called tonkatsu or katsu sauce. The Japanese brand is Bull Dog, the more widely available brand is Kikkoman.

by Anonymousreply 220March 18, 2024 1:45 AM

My house stinks. I can’t tell if it is the smell of cooked cabbage, resulting gas from said cabbage, or something worse.

by Anonymousreply 221March 18, 2024 3:23 AM

There's always the original Heinz 57 sauce, R200.

by Anonymousreply 222March 18, 2024 5:58 AM

I saw a trashy recipe on youtube and I'm might just make it.

Lemon Dream Cake.

Prepare a white or yellow cake mix as directed and pour into 9x13 pan.

Top batter with blobs of canned lemon pie filling and then take a knife and swirl the pie filling through the batter.

Bake 350/approx 40 minutes.

Frosting: Mix together an 8 oz. cool whip with a can of lemon frosting.

Very 1970s!

by Anonymousreply 223March 18, 2024 2:45 PM

Sounds awful.

by Anonymousreply 224March 18, 2024 4:12 PM

Elizabeth Hurley's son gives me the creeps.

by Anonymousreply 225March 18, 2024 5:24 PM

[quote]I saw a trashy recipe on youtube and I'm might just make it: Lemon Dream Cake.

I'm very disappointed that the ingredients don't include Dream Whip. I've been seeing Gary Moore singing its praises on vintage episodes of "I've Got a Secret."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226March 18, 2024 9:30 PM

These ads keep appearing on my screen for something called Casket Depot. For all your casket needs, I guess.

It’s . . . unsettling.

by Anonymousreply 227March 19, 2024 1:31 AM

I fallen down a rabbit hole of watching Craig Ferguson's old talk show.

by Anonymousreply 228March 19, 2024 2:22 AM

My husband pissed himself and I don’t know how to handle it.

by Anonymousreply 229March 19, 2024 2:26 AM

I had a spoonful of sunflower seeds in my salad and I feel like one is stuck in my throat.

by Anonymousreply 230March 19, 2024 2:31 AM

I need a new umbrella. My current one has lasted me a long time.

by Anonymousreply 231March 19, 2024 3:15 AM

There’s a whole thread about that, r229.

by Anonymousreply 232March 19, 2024 4:09 AM

Aziz Ansar - Danish wife

Oscar Isaac - Danish wife

Hugh Grant - Danish wife

Elijah Wood’s partner is Danish

by Anonymousreply 233March 19, 2024 7:34 AM

I just watched Jacques Pepin make French Toast. He soaked the bread in melted ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 234March 19, 2024 12:08 PM

R228 that’s a gaping hole

by Anonymousreply 235March 19, 2024 2:54 PM

[quote]I just watched Jacques Pepin make French Toast. He soaked the bread in melted ice cream.

I've made French toast using Bailey's Irish Cream. It's quite tasty.

by Anonymousreply 236March 19, 2024 8:29 PM

Regarding the thread's title, the vernal equinox will arrive on Tuesday, March 19th, at 11:06 p.m. Eastern time.

by Anonymousreply 237March 19, 2024 8:32 PM

I just bought Tillamook ice-cream, again! This time I went for the Oregon Strawberry.

by Anonymousreply 238March 19, 2024 8:32 PM

I watched a live cooking demo on YouTube of Jacques Pepin and his daughter. Wow, she was loud and kind of obnoxious.

I watched some older PBS shows of the pair and she was quiet and comically deferential. She swung in the opposite direction.

by Anonymousreply 239March 19, 2024 8:33 PM

Curse you Tillamook whore!

by Anonymousreply 240March 19, 2024 8:43 PM

R241 The daughter's also appearing on several Oceania cruises this summer. The last one of those "cooking shows at sea" we went on featured Mario Batali, the Eataly guy who got cancelled.

Pepin designed the menus for Oceania and used to do demos onboard, but now she appears to be taking his place.

by Anonymousreply 241March 19, 2024 9:56 PM

How long has your daughter been on Orencia?

by Anonymousreply 242March 19, 2024 9:59 PM

The Siamese cat announced very loudly and repeatedly that he was going to have a drink of water! He did! And now he's laying on my lap.

by Anonymousreply 243March 20, 2024 12:00 AM

You guys should start a cat thread.

Just kidding. I might miss out on your non-cat-related contributions.

by Anonymousreply 244March 20, 2024 12:46 AM

I met my cousin for lunch. We talked about how "lunch" is now in vocabulary limbo. Is it considered 'dinner'? I thought dinner was 'supper'. The only clearly defined meal is "breakfast". Help me before I become overwhelmed.

by Anonymousreply 245March 20, 2024 2:14 AM

What? Lunch, as a term, is not in limbo.

by Anonymousreply 246March 20, 2024 2:17 AM

I watched American Fiction last night. I thought it was good.

I'm debating whether I want to rent Poor Things.

I'm definitely going to rent The Iron Claw.

by Anonymousreply 247March 20, 2024 2:45 AM

Poor Things was good but you need to like fantasy. It's a whole.steampunk vibe. I really liked it but it's not for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 248March 20, 2024 2:56 AM

You can buy the extra long sandwich toothpicks in colored panties at Dollar Tree.

by Anonymousreply 249March 20, 2024 6:52 AM

I invented steampunk.

by Anonymousreply 250March 20, 2024 6:54 AM

Every once in a while, I'll get a whiff of the scent of the cologne or perfume associated with someone I know. Then that person will appear in my life whether in person or via some type of communication. It's like the Universe is giving me a heads up.

Am I psychotic? I mean PSYCHIC. Am I psychic??

by Anonymousreply 251March 20, 2024 12:56 PM

I think I might buy an air fryer today.

by Anonymousreply 252March 20, 2024 1:49 PM

Sometimes it's not a bad thing to burn bridges.

It prevents you going back to a place you never should have been in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 253March 20, 2024 3:27 PM

I can't understand how I don't remember Frank Sinatra's death. I was ten. Linda McCartney died a month earlier and I remember it being a massive deal, even though I'd never heard of her before then. I was a nerdy kid who read the newspaper frequently, so how did I miss Frank Sinatra's death? I know he was in his eighties and it wasn't a shock, but he was one of the most famous singers of all time. I would have thought the media hoopla would be extensive.

by Anonymousreply 254March 21, 2024 1:27 AM

Bought my first Patreon membership yesterday. I know I could always just google to find out what Theodora got up to while Justinian was in a plague-induced coma, but I want that information relayed into my ears by Robin Pierson's smooth, British, slightly faggy voice. I don't splurge on anything else and I look forward to my morning runs mostly because of the historical podcasts I listen to, so I'm sure you judgy whores will permit me this one indulgence.

by Anonymousreply 255March 21, 2024 5:26 AM

Too get real media hoopla you need a surprise death.

by Anonymousreply 256March 21, 2024 1:10 PM

Junior's Cheesecake was BOGO. $14.39 for two was a good deal.

I also got a can of Comstock cherry pie filling. It wasn't BOGO or on sale, just regular price.

On my way home I stopped at a friend's house and gave him one of the cheesecakes and the can of cherry pie filling. He's been ill and this made him happy.

Then I came home and tossed the other cheesecake in the freezer. It shall be my "emergency" cheesecake. Everyone should have an "emergency" cheesecake.

by Anonymousreply 257March 21, 2024 1:14 PM

I'll allow it R255.

by Anonymousreply 258March 21, 2024 5:08 PM

[quote]Everyone should have an "emergency" cheesecake.

We agree.

by Anonymousreply 259March 21, 2024 8:28 PM

R257 I love Junior’s cheesecakes

by Anonymousreply 260March 21, 2024 8:29 PM

I sneeze every time I use bleach to clean.

by Anonymousreply 261March 22, 2024 3:53 PM

There is a lot to be said for dirt . . .

by Anonymousreply 262March 22, 2024 3:54 PM

What year did the sock stiffen because of nose snot instead of jizz?

by Anonymousreply 263March 22, 2024 3:57 PM

I can't decide if I want to get on a keto or vegan diet to lose 20 lbs.

by Anonymousreply 264March 22, 2024 4:39 PM

Keto will get you there faster, R264. "Vegan diet" is a lot more vague, aside from avoiding meat and dairy products.

by Anonymousreply 265March 22, 2024 5:35 PM

A winter storm of snow, sleet, freezing rain and then rain is headed to parts of New England tomorrow. Spring? Yeah, right.

by Anonymousreply 266March 22, 2024 5:55 PM

PNW weather is bitchy, then regretful.

by Anonymousreply 267March 22, 2024 7:37 PM

Plastic grocery bags are stilled used in my area. They come in handy for picking up after the dogs. I store them in an empty Kleenex box.

by Anonymousreply 268March 22, 2024 8:30 PM

^still

by Anonymousreply 269March 22, 2024 8:31 PM

I use them to line my small bathroom waste basket.

by Anonymousreply 270March 22, 2024 9:16 PM

R266, are you new to the area?

by Anonymousreply 271March 22, 2024 9:47 PM

I just watched Murder by Death. So terribly passe with the humour. I pvr'd it the other night as it showed up on Feud: Caopte vs. the Swans. There's 90 mins I can never get back.

by Anonymousreply 272March 22, 2024 9:52 PM

[quote]I just watched Murder by Death. So terribly passe with the humour.

Like so many of Neil Simon's works. Enormously popular and successful in their day (although some of his plays flopped), but most haven't aged well at all.

by Anonymousreply 273March 23, 2024 12:08 AM

I feel like I've paid a ton of estimated tax, didn't make that much $$ last year, and I still OWE a significant amount (for me). Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 274March 23, 2024 5:22 AM

I live in the Southwest. The high today was 85°. I wouldn't mind a little snow and sleet.

by Anonymousreply 275March 23, 2024 5:29 AM

King Kong will stop the rain.

* kisses doll *

by Anonymousreply 276March 23, 2024 8:53 PM

[quote]I live in the Southwest. The high today was 85°. I wouldn't mind a little snow and sleet.

Come to Portland, Maine. It's been snowing all day.

by Anonymousreply 277March 23, 2024 9:08 PM

Oh god this feels like paradise

by Anonymousreply 278March 23, 2024 10:55 PM

After snowing all day, got around six to eight inches, it's been freezing rain for the last couple of hours. I just went out on my porch which is enclosed with windows but not heated and there is a thick glaze on the outside of them. They look like those privacy windows that are sold. This has been a shitstorm.

by Anonymousreply 279March 23, 2024 11:13 PM

Power went out, surprised it took this long. The generator came on so I'm all set. I still reported it online to the electric company since I found in the past people don't do it, assuming someone else will. Lazy!

by Anonymousreply 280March 23, 2024 11:49 PM

Am I making Korean beef tacos or am I making normal tacos? I’m mincing garlic like a motherfucker either way.

I play with the dangerous side of the vegetable grater if I choose Korean.

by Anonymousreply 281March 23, 2024 11:53 PM

I just watched two episodes of Seinfeld and now I’m starting to watch the same two episodes on a different channel.

by Anonymousreply 282March 24, 2024 4:02 AM

Has anyone else found that Temptation Catnip Flavor Treats (in pink bag) seem to have disappeared from cat food sections? It’s one of the most favorites, original flavors. My kitties are bummed.

by Anonymousreply 283March 24, 2024 4:34 AM

[quote]I just watched two episodes of Seinfeld and now I’m starting to watch the same two episodes on a different channel.

Do you feel as though you're in the movie "Groundhog Day"?

by Anonymousreply 284March 24, 2024 7:49 AM

Spare ribs and sauerkraut.

During a funeral visitation at a church hall, somebody brough in a Nesco of spare ribs and sauerkraut. I tried some.

Heaven. They were so delicious.

by Anonymousreply 285March 24, 2024 5:36 PM

What is a "Nesco", R285?

by Anonymousreply 286March 24, 2024 8:21 PM

It's a low, flat, rectangular warmer / cooker with a lid. Ninja makes one. Nesco was the '70s or so brand.

by Anonymousreply 287March 24, 2024 8:40 PM

My Swiffer Sweeper Mop broke.

I've had it many years so it more than served its purpose.

by Anonymousreply 288March 24, 2024 8:42 PM

Nesco

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289March 24, 2024 9:04 PM

Just scratched my asshole

by Anonymousreply 290March 24, 2024 9:56 PM

[quote]What is a "Nesco", R285?

It sounds like a brand of decaffeinated instant coffee that lacks the FLAVA of High Point.

by Anonymousreply 291March 24, 2024 10:05 PM

I did a load of laundry, ordered Chinese takeout, and watched watched The Iron Claw. Can't believe Barbie was nominated for a bunch of awards and this movie wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 292March 25, 2024 2:23 AM

Update to my previous comment about falling down a rabbit hole of watching Craig Ferguson's old late night show:

I've never been a Lauren Graham fan but she was on Craig's show thirteen times and she's funny and had great banter with Craig so I want to like her now. But I've read here on DL she's not very nice in real life. I'm so conflicted.

There's a Youtuber who has compiled celebrities' multiple appearances on Craig's show into one video for that celebrity. I also just watched Lisa Kudrow's fourteen appearances and she too had great banter back and forth with Craig and obviously likes Craig very much. Other compilation videos: Hot In Cleveland ladies, Brooke Shields, Mila Kunis plus more. Youtuber: The Jayleno Fly

by Anonymousreply 293March 25, 2024 1:48 PM

[quote] I've never been a Lauren Graham fan but she was on Craig's show thirteen times and she's funny and had great banter with Craig so I want to like her now. But I've read here on DL she's not very nice in real life. I'm so conflicted.

Perhaps you could enjoy her as a talk show guest without fantasizing about hanging out with her.

by Anonymousreply 294March 25, 2024 3:13 PM

I like the way the Brits say "privacy".

by Anonymousreply 295March 25, 2024 3:53 PM

I'm having a rather sad lunch of stale sour cream and onion chips and canned pineapple. I may go back for more pineapple. I prefer canned to fresh pineapple. I find fresh pineapple to either be unripe or overripe.

by Anonymousreply 296March 25, 2024 5:17 PM

Bean burrito

by Anonymousreply 297March 25, 2024 5:22 PM

The relative freshness of pineapple seems to be least of your worries, r296.

by Anonymousreply 298March 25, 2024 5:25 PM

According to America's Test Kitchen, the best whole dill pickle is Boar's Head refrigerated. Mt. Olive was runner-up and is shelf stable.

by Anonymousreply 299March 25, 2024 6:35 PM

[quote] I like the way the Brits say "privacy".

I don't.

I've tried the Mt. Olive sour pickles and they are good.

by Anonymousreply 300March 25, 2024 7:02 PM

I'm poaching a whole fryer chicken.

The occasional, slow bubble is supposed to be just right in indicating proper heat.

by Anonymousreply 301March 25, 2024 7:06 PM

I need to shave my cocknballs. It's just such an effort. I think it should be offered more universally in the back room of barber shops. Men only and the barbers must be men too. I know there are a few places in bigger cities where I have had it done in the past. I don't want sex. Just a nice trim and lotion on my male parts.

by Anonymousreply 302March 25, 2024 7:15 PM

I’m off to cash in my winning scratch off lottery tickets and but some weed.

by Anonymousreply 303March 25, 2024 9:07 PM

^buy, dammit

by Anonymousreply 304March 25, 2024 9:08 PM

Cadbury mini eggs

by Anonymousreply 305March 25, 2024 9:26 PM

One of my lottery tickets would not go through. The clerk thought it might have expired. Expired?

Another came up as already paid, which is odd because they take the tickets when they pay you, so why do I still have it? Hmph.

by Anonymousreply 306March 25, 2024 10:03 PM

Ok— so the expired one says “Chris Christie, Governor “ on the back. Guess it is old. He left 6 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 307March 25, 2024 10:05 PM

No weed, no cry, R307.

by Anonymousreply 308March 25, 2024 11:53 PM

[quote]Another came up as already paid, which is odd because they take the tickets when they pay you, so why do I still have it?

That happened to me once, and I pointed out to the store clerk that if it had already been redeemed, I wouldn't have it, because you're required to turn them in to get the money. She wasn't buying it. I didn't bother to argue with her further because it was only worth a few dollars and I didn't have the patience.

by Anonymousreply 309March 25, 2024 11:59 PM

Oh, the stupidity of it all! Still no power because there are power lines dangling along side the road a few houses down. I reported it and got an automated phone call stating that whatever number of residences had power restored earlier tonight. Sure they did but not me nor the other houses nearby where the lines are. I reported it AGAIN. TG for my generator.

by Anonymousreply 310March 26, 2024 1:50 AM

I regularly buy Mt Olive pepper rings and yesterday I also bought their dill pickles because they were recommended on this thread. I must be easily influenced.

by Anonymousreply 311March 26, 2024 2:23 AM

I bought ingredients for my keys lime pie today but forgot the condensed milk. Another trip to the store tomorrow...

by Anonymousreply 312March 26, 2024 5:11 AM

I’m cold.

by Anonymousreply 313March 26, 2024 5:23 AM

Slowly getting through LOTR trilogy. Missed it all when they came out. Kind of dull. Never read a prancing pony thread, either.

by Anonymousreply 314March 26, 2024 6:31 AM

Just a little scare. I think it comes with the territory of getting older. Or maybe I'm just losing my mind.

Glanced down as I was typing on laptop and noticed a small brown spot on my forearm. Never noticed it before. Size of an eraser head. Looked textured and uneven edges which I've read is skin cancer.

This is it. I'm going to die from long drawn-out, painful skin cancer of all things. Everyone in my family dies of quick and fatal heart attacks. I want my instantaneous death by heart attack like the rest of my family. Why Gawd, why.

I cautiously reached over to touch it with my index finger and ....and....my finger wiped it away.

It was a coffee splatter from an earlier frothing mishap.

by Anonymousreply 315March 26, 2024 5:04 PM

^ Just *had a little scare.

by Anonymousreply 316March 26, 2024 5:05 PM

Skin cancer is rarely fatal.

by Anonymousreply 317March 26, 2024 5:13 PM

My dead aunt would disagree with you 317.

by Anonymousreply 318March 26, 2024 6:10 PM

I have thrush on my lips. I thought it might be Vit B deficiency so I told my doctor and we checked my levels and it’s not that. I don’t have any white stuff on or in my mouth. My tongue is bald and red as usual. My tongue gets easily burned by tea these days.

I’ve been putting fungus cream on my lips day after day, many times a day but it’s getting worse. I probably need troches. I even tried oil of cloves natural remedy but nah.

by Anonymousreply 319March 26, 2024 6:44 PM

I got my Covid booster today.

I have lidocaine patches standing by for my upper arm tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 320March 26, 2024 7:18 PM

My power has finally been restored. Ice storms are horrible, end of saga.

by Anonymousreply 321March 26, 2024 7:48 PM

I have a new boss. Same as the old boss.

by Anonymousreply 322March 26, 2024 10:18 PM

From now on it’s goodbye Natalie - hello Hot Lips! 👄

by Anonymousreply 323March 26, 2024 10:22 PM

I ate some jelly beans. Now I’m craving more jellybeans. I want that sickly sweet jolt. I want that vaguely fruit-like flavor and even the totally unidentifiable flavors of pink, purple and white. I don’t want chocolate. Just jelly beans.

by Anonymousreply 324March 27, 2024 5:19 PM

Mango season is upon us! Rejoice fat whores!

by Anonymousreply 325March 27, 2024 5:32 PM

When I woke up this morning my dog was lying on the bed staring at me.

by Anonymousreply 326March 27, 2024 5:49 PM

I just lit a pineapple, coconut and lime candle and it gave me a headache.

by Anonymousreply 327March 27, 2024 6:11 PM

You’re not supposed to smoke it, you know.

by Anonymousreply 328March 27, 2024 6:38 PM

I've seen my allergist, my ophthalmologist and my dentist this week and ist only Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 329March 27, 2024 6:41 PM

I caught a repeat of an old TV show from the 90s where a character wanted to buy a computer so he could finally get on the Internet, and now I feel 4000 years old.

by Anonymousreply 330March 28, 2024 1:20 AM

If I were to grow my hair out for three years and then donate it to a bald, puffy faced, leukemia-stricken serial killer post-chemotherapy, would my DNA implicate me or would authorities know it was somebody else?

by Anonymousreply 331March 28, 2024 1:29 AM

Why can’t Hollywood do a realistic rain shower? It’s always fake looking sheets of rain that you know are spewing from overhead nozzles. It hardly ever rains like that in real life. Why can’t they do delicate droplets that gradually increase but then fade away?

by Anonymousreply 332March 28, 2024 2:37 AM

I rather like the music that plays during the countdown to a "live" starting on YouTube.

I'm weird, I now.

by Anonymousreply 333March 28, 2024 8:12 PM

^know

ugh

by Anonymousreply 334March 28, 2024 8:14 PM

I think I'll make spinach lasagna this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 335March 28, 2024 8:25 PM

Crystal Light lemon iced tea is delicious as I watch opening day baseball for the cardinals

by Anonymousreply 336March 28, 2024 8:55 PM

I can be there at any time on either day r335.

by Anonymousreply 337March 28, 2024 9:31 PM

My entire household has become addicted to Voortman's Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookies. They're really delicious!

by Anonymousreply 338March 28, 2024 9:34 PM

I’m in the mood for a cassoulet, but I don’t have sausages, duck confit, or white beans.

By the time I buy these ingredients, the urge will have passed; the prep takes little time, but the cooking is drawn-out and messy.

by Anonymousreply 339March 28, 2024 10:10 PM

[quote]the cooking is drawn-out and messy

You know entirely too much about my sex life, r339!

by Anonymousreply 340March 28, 2024 10:12 PM

I miss Stouffer's Welsh Rarebit.

by Anonymousreply 341March 28, 2024 11:04 PM

R341 Not enough people were buying it.

by Anonymousreply 342March 28, 2024 11:46 PM

[quote]I miss Stouffer's Welsh Rarebit.

You can still buy Pel-Freez frozen rabbit.

by Anonymousreply 343March 29, 2024 1:53 AM

I watch this cute little Vietnamese Youtuber who does videos about her life in Germany with her German boyfriend.

She said she was born in 1995 and that was the year her village in Vietnam got electricity. They were using candles before that.

While we were watching Friends and ER in 1995, her family was being introduced to electricity.

by Anonymousreply 344March 29, 2024 2:03 AM

I just read that Target stores will be closed on Easter and Walmart will be open.

by Anonymousreply 345March 29, 2024 3:24 AM

I had a Jimmy Dean Sausage, Egg and Cheese Croissant for breakfast.

I have one once a week.

They're good.

by Anonymousreply 346March 29, 2024 2:15 PM

R343 Welsh Rarebit is not rabbit. It’s toasted cheese.

by Anonymousreply 347March 29, 2024 3:26 PM

Welsh rarebit is neither Welsh nor rarebit. Discuss.

by Anonymousreply 348March 29, 2024 4:00 PM

Meow.

by Anonymousreply 349March 29, 2024 4:23 PM

[quote]R343, Welsh Rarebit is not rabbit. It’s toasted cheese.

I'm a little whelmed that you actually thought I didn't know that. Welsh Rarebit is also referred to as Welsh Rabbit.

by Anonymousreply 350March 29, 2024 4:42 PM

I went to bed late and planned on sleeping in but my bladder woke me up early. Now I can't get back to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 351March 29, 2024 4:50 PM

I have an underwhelming Equinox story. I was picking up an UberEats delivery at the Equinox near me. This Dan Bilzerian lookalike is also waiting in the lobby of the smoothie place and he turns to his hideous bimbo sugarbaby and says "Why do all these guys have these faggot fucking earrings now" - referring to me. I turned to stare at him immediately, he got quiet and looked away, but I was also way too scared to say anything because I'm a slim angelic twink. I do get really ghetto and confrontational with guys who are smaller than me though.

by Anonymousreply 352March 29, 2024 4:53 PM

No new BOGOs to report on this week.

Due to the holiday last week's sales extend through the holiday.

Tune in next Friday for the continuing story of All My BOGOs. (One Life to BOGO? Days of Our BOGOs?).

by Anonymousreply 353March 29, 2024 5:01 PM

My cat woke me at 4:30 am. He wanted treats. There was wet cat food in his bowl and his favorite dry cat food on a plate in his feeding area.

But no.

Not good enough.

Need. Treats. Now.

by Anonymousreply 354March 29, 2024 5:19 PM

If anybody had told me it's possible to ruin my all-time favorite mass-produced candy bar- The Reese's Peanut Cup- I'd have scoffed derisively.

It's happened. The "Mallow-Top" Reese's Peanut Butter Cup is the unholy spawn of chemical flavored marshmallow plopped on top of the cup.

And I bought a whole bag of them.

by Anonymousreply 355March 29, 2024 8:45 PM

R355, what if it had been a good marshmallow?

I love See's Scotchmallows, which are made with dark chocolate, caramel, and a honey-flavored marshmallow. So, so good.

by Anonymousreply 356March 29, 2024 8:52 PM

You're the Devil, r356

Now I'm heading to See's website.

by Anonymousreply 357March 29, 2024 8:54 PM

When the gas truck pulled up in my driveway and the guy got out, I told him that I was expecting to see him soon since my generator ran for three days non-stop during the power outage. He said they monitor and would never let me run out of gas.

by Anonymousreply 358March 29, 2024 9:03 PM

Me too!

by Anonymousreply 359March 29, 2024 9:03 PM

I had intended to make a Hummingbird Cake for Easter but my laziness prevails.

I'll eat the bananas. The cream cheese will keep and all the rest are dry/canned ingredients that will also keep.

The extent of my exertion this weekend will be picking up the HoneyBaked Ham at the HoneyBaked store tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 360March 29, 2024 10:07 PM

I prefer Boyer's Mallo Cup......and Boyer's candies still taste as they did when I was a kid.

Plus, you get money inside the wrapper!

by Anonymousreply 361March 29, 2024 10:12 PM

R357, I think you'll really like the Scotchmallows. Glad you decided to try them! 😈

by Anonymousreply 362March 29, 2024 10:43 PM

Just watched "Paddle to the Sea" for the first time since grade school. Nice bit of nostalgia!

by Anonymousreply 363March 29, 2024 11:38 PM

I'm curious , what happens if one views a solar eclipse with the naked eye,?

by Anonymousreply 364March 30, 2024 4:16 AM

Bad things.

by Anonymousreply 365March 30, 2024 4:20 AM

Tomorrow I shall straighten up the house and do surface cleaning. On Sunday I shall cook a ham.

by Anonymousreply 366March 30, 2024 4:37 AM

No, you shan't. You shall be too lazy.

by Anonymousreply 367March 30, 2024 5:29 AM

DL seems to be on a downswing these days. Hope it picks U soon.

by Anonymousreply 368March 30, 2024 6:26 AM

What should I order for dinner? Mexican or Indian? Too much pressure for a Saturday.

by Anonymousreply 369March 30, 2024 6:38 AM

River is seeking a companion to drive him around the Kingdom to explore small villages.

I'm hoping a DLer applies for the position.

He would be interested in turning their adventures into a reality show for the right price.

by Anonymousreply 370March 30, 2024 12:50 PM

Perhaps, R357, but this time the devil is right. I'll be looking into the Sees online store and making Warren Buffet richer, too. I'd forgotten about Scotchmallows.

by Anonymousreply 371March 30, 2024 6:14 PM

I just watched Priscilla thinking I wouldn't like it but I didn't move from the couch the entire time.

by Anonymousreply 372March 30, 2024 11:03 PM

My new dog curls up tight between me and the couch pillow so he can reach and lick his butt hole. He’s got a squatty body.

by Anonymousreply 373March 31, 2024 1:05 AM

I've done 2 loads of laundry, cooked chicken parmesan with a side of pasta, and now I'm going to rent Poor Things. I'm fucking exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 374March 31, 2024 1:42 AM

I just watched The Passenger 1975 on TCM. Jack Nicholson and Maria Schneider filmed in beautiful Barcelona. I thought I'd seen all of Nicholson's films but never saw this one.

by Anonymousreply 375March 31, 2024 2:14 AM

I broke down some boxes for recycling, drove to the recycling center, emptied my trash, did some food prep, picked up something from the Post Office, etc. I also found places for my new purchases. (I don't like to just leave things out, "homeless.") I'm tired, too.

by Anonymousreply 376March 31, 2024 3:05 AM

I have an Indalo Man good luck talisman resting on the trim framing my bedroom door.

Had it for 27 years after a visit to Almeria, Spain.

I'd be whelmed if I ever got rid of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377March 31, 2024 3:20 PM

After a month of leaden skies and rain, March is ending with a sunny day.

Nah, I’m not overwhelmed - it’s the same forecast for the first week of April.

by Anonymousreply 378March 31, 2024 5:14 PM

March —> comes in like a lion, goes out like a lamb

by Anonymousreply 379March 31, 2024 5:27 PM

Yup there’s always good weather at the end of March - then it becomes April the next day, and it becomes rainy, windy, and cold for a month.

by Anonymousreply 380March 31, 2024 5:32 PM

My ham is ready to go in the oven but it's too early. I will put it in at 2 pm instead.

by Anonymousreply 381March 31, 2024 5:55 PM

I didn't get any robin's eggs malted milk balls (Whoppers) this year. I forgot.

by Anonymousreply 382March 31, 2024 6:11 PM

Today I learned that there are travel pillows that you stuff with your clothes. This is a clever way to have a comfortable change of clothes handy. I'm gonna get me one.

by Anonymousreply 383March 31, 2024 10:59 PM

How many piss pads?

by Anonymousreply 384March 31, 2024 11:08 PM

I really overate today and feel disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 385April 1, 2024 3:17 AM

Seattle had Trans AND Easter tourist groups around the Space Needle today.

That’s not much different than other Sundays, except a few in each wore bunny ears.

by Anonymousreply 386April 1, 2024 3:31 AM

I just had a shower and am now very itchy. Same soap as always. I think my skin is just very dry.

by Anonymousreply 387April 1, 2024 4:10 AM

In that case, congratulations on having had a successful holiday, R385.

by Anonymousreply 388April 1, 2024 4:48 AM

I’ve just woken up from an afternoon nap and thinking of having a Manhattan, when I can get the energy to make one.

by Anonymousreply 389April 1, 2024 5:06 AM

I was on a cleaning/laundry/cooking spree like others. I’ve spilled both my milk and iced tea I’m so tired and clumsy.

by Anonymousreply 390April 1, 2024 6:59 AM

CeraVe Anti Itch moisturizer, R387. Saves my skin from winter itch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391April 1, 2024 3:08 PM

My prescription co-pay was $1.50 this morning at the druggist. The last few times it's been $40.00.

I think I'm in the donut hole - the very definition of underwhelmed..

by Anonymousreply 392April 1, 2024 5:51 PM

Winter Storm Watch has been issued for New England for Wednesday and Thursday. Where I live, 18 inches are possible and I don't live in the mountains. I thought climate change was supposed to warm things up.

by Anonymousreply 393April 1, 2024 8:14 PM

Then you really don't understand climate change, R393.

by Anonymousreply 394April 1, 2024 8:29 PM

That’s not what the donut hole is, R392. Donut hole is when you pay more for your meds because you used up your Medicare prescription drug money

by Anonymousreply 395April 1, 2024 11:38 PM

I want to change the channel on the TV, but the remote is in the kitchen. I’m too lazy to get off the couch to get it. Overwhelmed and underwhelmed at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 396April 1, 2024 11:58 PM

Today I turned on my AC for the first time this year.

by Anonymousreply 397April 2, 2024 12:02 AM

Stollen from The Onion:

“Single Mother of three dead kids”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398April 2, 2024 1:53 AM

♫Why do you build me up Buttercup? Just to let me down...♫

by Anonymousreply 399April 2, 2024 6:22 PM

I see no one has had a talk with LW about the annoying laugh. I guess it's not Patrick Mulcahey's job.

by Anonymousreply 400April 2, 2024 8:57 PM

^This was meant for the General Hospital Thread....

by Anonymousreply 401April 2, 2024 10:07 PM

That’s okay. It was entirely underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 402April 2, 2024 10:10 PM

I enjoy sucking

by Anonymousreply 403April 2, 2024 10:14 PM

I just watched a video that identified all the celebrity callers' voices on Frasier.

by Anonymousreply 404April 2, 2024 10:58 PM

R399 I hate that song and it's an earworm. Thanks a lot.

by Anonymousreply 405April 3, 2024 2:46 AM

This one is better R399 - Give me a ticket for an airplane, ain't got time to take a fast train .....

by Anonymousreply 406April 3, 2024 2:54 AM

Best of all….the sweet green icing flowing down

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407April 3, 2024 3:35 AM

[quote] My prescription co-pay was $1.50 this morning at the druggist.

I love that you say druggist.

by Anonymousreply 408April 3, 2024 3:45 AM

I couldn't decide what to rent on Prime. The Zone Of Interest, Ferrari, Memory, Anatomy Of A Fall, Origin, or Ordinary Angels?

I'm frozen with indecision. This happens quite frequently.

by Anonymousreply 409April 3, 2024 3:59 AM

Zone of Interest is fantastic and harrowing.

by Anonymousreply 410April 3, 2024 6:41 AM

Harrowing movies are far too whelming for me.

by Anonymousreply 411April 3, 2024 7:45 AM

Prostitution Whore!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412April 3, 2024 10:19 AM

Fuck this weather. I want to frolic!

by Anonymousreply 413April 3, 2024 1:21 PM

Powerful winter storm moving into New England. My area is predicted to get 8 to 15 inches of snow, 1.5 inches of sleet and wind gusting to 55 MPH. Starting at 2:00 PM today and ending tomorrow night. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 414April 3, 2024 2:15 PM

I am seriously considering having a sign made for my front yard with arrows directing Amazon, grocery delivery, etc. to the correct door to leave packages.

Maybe two signs. One for the side porch door that reads "Not here. Didn't you read the Delivery Instructions?".

Would that be wrong?

by Anonymousreply 415April 3, 2024 3:32 PM

R415 it wouldn’t make any difference.

by Anonymousreply 416April 3, 2024 3:57 PM

In addition to the delivery signs, I'm also considering selling my house. Not because of the delivery issues but other factors.

Should I bury a statue of St. Joseph in my front yard to expedite the sale of the house? Or should I make this question a separate thread with a Poll? Please advise.

by Anonymousreply 417April 3, 2024 4:05 PM

ATK says the best frozen fish sticks are Gorton's.

They also say I can make fish tacos with these by making coleslaw and a creamy sauce and adding to a tortilla. I dunno about this.

by Anonymousreply 418April 3, 2024 5:58 PM

Why not, R418? It's just a tortilla. You can put whatever you like in it.

Creamy sauce ... tartar?

by Anonymousreply 419April 3, 2024 6:02 PM

Okay fine r419, I'll try it. I need new lunch ideas.

by Anonymousreply 420April 3, 2024 6:05 PM

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 421April 3, 2024 6:32 PM

I had a sign asking delivery guys to leave packages on the porch. They ignored it most of the time. So much more fun to leave the package in the rain.

by Anonymousreply 422April 3, 2024 6:39 PM

r418 , I’ve made the fish stick tacos and they were good. Make sure to use the battered ones instead of the breaded ones. Add some cabbage, green onions and salsa. Que Bueno!

by Anonymousreply 423April 3, 2024 6:49 PM

If I were an ups delivery driver and had to deliver as much shit everyday as I suspect they do, I’d ignore every sign idiot homeowners post. If they followed every sign made by home owning morons, he’d never get his route finished each day. Fuck em.

by Anonymousreply 424April 3, 2024 6:53 PM

In my case, my house is on the corner and they are leaving the packages at my side sunroom door which is visible and accessible from the next street. It saves them having to drive around the corner and leave packages at my front. The person on next street oddly often receives packages same day as I do and they deliver to them first and then walk over and leave mine at the door of a room I never use. It's seems bizarre to me to choose that door, even in front of the garage would make more sense.

by Anonymousreply 425April 3, 2024 7:50 PM

There’s a Magnum P.I. Day in Detroit, MI this August.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426April 3, 2024 8:38 PM

Yeah, the signs sound churlish. Give me a break.

I live in the hinterlands and am just grateful to get deliveries. The UPS guy was good at putting stuff where it was easy to find. The FedEx people would deliver things all over the property. Once, they (FedEx) put the box right next to the trash dumpster.

(I live on a semi-large property with different units on it.)

by Anonymousreply 427April 3, 2024 8:43 PM

I am watching The Dropout about Theranos bewitch Elizabeth Holmes. How have I never heard of this show before?

by Anonymousreply 428April 3, 2024 9:00 PM

We discussed it at length during its run, R428. I thought it was excellent (and disturbing).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429April 3, 2024 9:55 PM

You should be thrilled you get stuff delivered . In some countries they don’t even have food and Americans are put off when they have to walk around their own property dwellings to retrieve packages.

by Anonymousreply 430April 3, 2024 10:11 PM

If I see you shopping at bi-mart I’ll have to chase you out of there

by Anonymousreply 431April 3, 2024 10:20 PM

I hate car shopping.

The last time I did it was in 2000.

A lot has changed.

I am considering using CONSUMER REPORTS car buying program. I think it's run by TrueCar.

by Anonymousreply 432April 3, 2024 10:25 PM

[quote] You should be thrilled you get stuff delivered . In some countries they don’t even have food and Americans are put off when they have to walk around their own property dwellings to retrieve packages.

We don’t go for that sort of talk in here, but thank you for your important contribution.

by Anonymousreply 433April 3, 2024 10:27 PM

I’m making turkey soup and it smells so good.

by Anonymousreply 434April 3, 2024 10:55 PM

I'm going to make my own eclipse viewer. There are lots of how to videos on You Tube. Looks simple enough using a cereal box, foil, white paper and tape.

by Anonymousreply 435April 3, 2024 11:06 PM

I lost an AirPod. It was gone for almost 24 hours. I found it. (It was in the dirt outside of my house, close to the road.)

Now, I don't have to buy another set.

I used the "FindMy" app to try to find it. No luck.

I ended up finding my AirPod in an area that I had walked through while using the app.

The FindMy app probably works OK if you can walk very, very, very slowly around the area where you think you lost your item.

by Anonymousreply 436April 3, 2024 11:11 PM

Shayne Topp and Courtney Miller of Smosh married each other today (It is like Ellen Pompey and Patrick Dempsey marrying in real life). Smosh's 26 million subscribers lost their SHIT (including me a bit).

You had to be there.

by Anonymousreply 437April 3, 2024 11:17 PM

I turned the outside light on to check on the snow. Two Canada Geese who have settled down on this lake were honking it up. Maybe the weather surprised them but hey, they're wearing warm outfits.

by Anonymousreply 438April 4, 2024 12:40 AM

The organic Fuji apples that I bought from my local grocery store aren't as good as the Honeycrisps I got from Costco.

by Anonymousreply 439April 4, 2024 12:59 AM

Build Me Up, Buttercup

UW - Madison Marching Band & Student Section

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440April 4, 2024 1:03 AM

440 -- Wow! How stupidly cringe! Overwhelmed with embarrassment for the band.

by Anonymousreply 441April 4, 2024 1:08 AM

What happened? Band was “lip syncing”?

by Anonymousreply 442April 4, 2024 1:26 AM

We’re having heavy, sustained wind. It sounds like planes are flying overhead it’s so loud.

by Anonymousreply 443April 4, 2024 1:27 AM

Well, r441 this will whelm you even more.

They've played BMUB at just about every home game at Camp Randall since forevah. It's supposed to be cringey.

by Anonymousreply 444April 4, 2024 1:46 AM

Thank you for the link r429!

by Anonymousreply 445April 4, 2024 4:49 AM

Do most eyebrows have some kind of arch? I think they do...and now am wondering what for in evolutionary terms.

by Anonymousreply 446April 4, 2024 4:51 AM

My power has been out for an hour. I’m plugged into an external battery.

by Anonymousreply 447April 4, 2024 4:57 AM

[quote]I'm going to make my own eclipse viewer. There are lots of how to videos on You Tube. Looks simple enough using a cereal box, foil, white paper and tape.

I certainly hope that any resultant blindness will only be temporary, R435.

by Anonymousreply 448April 4, 2024 5:05 AM

[quote] Do most eyebrows have some kind of arch? I think they do...and now am wondering what for in evolutionary terms.

Here's my guess. Flat eyebrows tend to be a masculine trait. Arched eyebrows are more feminine.

Flat eyebrows are associated with lack of feeling. Arched eyebrows are associated with some show of emotion, whether happy or evil.

Hetero men would be more attracted to a feminine-looking woman, i.e., a woman with arched brows. Hetero couples then procreate, due to the attraction.

by Anonymousreply 449April 4, 2024 5:15 AM

I had oral surgery Tuesday (two implant posts screwed into my jaw) for which the oral surgeon gave me lots of serious pain meds. He said max inflammation and hence max pain would be 72 hours later meaning tomorrow, Friday, and that I would likely have more pain than usual because the implants are next to each other. I took the meds as soon as I got them Tuesday afternoon and that evening, along with the antibiotics he prescribed, slept well that night and have had zero pain since.

Not sure whether I have a great dentist or a high tolerance for pain but I feel fine 48 hours later.

by Anonymousreply 450April 4, 2024 11:50 AM

R435 you’ll be blind

by Anonymousreply 451April 4, 2024 12:52 PM

And it won't be as much fun as excessive masturbation.

by Anonymousreply 452April 4, 2024 12:54 PM

I can't stand the Pioneer Woman. Her voice is beyond annoying.

by Anonymousreply 453April 4, 2024 2:33 PM

Her merch is even more annoying, R453.

by Anonymousreply 454April 4, 2024 6:19 PM

She needs to be taken out back and horsewhipped!

by Anonymousreply 455April 4, 2024 6:37 PM

We have flocks of geese and flocks of wild turkey that live nearby. I really don't know which bird is dumber. They get into the street and won't move, or move very slowly. Traffic backs up. There was a fatal accident on the freeway because a woman going rather fast in the the left lane braked for a goose.

by Anonymousreply 456April 4, 2024 8:56 PM

With those be Canada geese?

by Anonymousreply 457April 4, 2024 9:36 PM

Yes, Canada geese, the dum-dums.

by Anonymousreply 458April 4, 2024 9:46 PM

Over 100,000 without power. Again, TG for my generator.

by Anonymousreply 459April 4, 2024 9:49 PM

Urban turkey sanctuary provider may be my calling. I’d simply roam streets with a flock of turkeys and only move on when people gave the cause money!

Once i soak people for the turkeys, I could double dip by leading geese around.

by Anonymousreply 460April 4, 2024 10:10 PM

I call it a very sad and futile premature death—braking for an idiotic goose.

by Anonymousreply 461April 4, 2024 10:41 PM

Mon frère a dit—oh, never mind.

by Anonymousreply 462April 4, 2024 10:42 PM

The geese aren’t stupid. They just don’t give a fuck that you need to drive where they’re standing.

by Anonymousreply 463April 5, 2024 12:58 PM

Talenti Gelato was BOGO today, two for $5.79.

I got Mediterranean Mint and Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake.

by Anonymousreply 464April 5, 2024 3:27 PM

The snowstorm in northern New England the past couple of days was the worst in a long time. The large amount of heavy, wet snow has taken trees down all over the place. I had one laying across my driveway and a neighbor helped me move it, I couldn't do it by myself. We both commented that we were glad we have generators. Crews are in from other states working on restoring power but the number of power lines and trees down is slow work. Unusual spring for sure.

by Anonymousreply 465April 5, 2024 5:25 PM

My local stores never have BOGO deals.

by Anonymousreply 466April 5, 2024 5:28 PM

I want to count macros to lose 15 lbs. but the math is rather confusing.

by Anonymousreply 467April 5, 2024 5:46 PM

My Fitness Pal, r467.

The basic, free version is fine.

by Anonymousreply 468April 5, 2024 5:56 PM

[quote]I want to count macros to lose 15 lbs. but the math is rather confusing.

You think you're confused? I initially read this as "I want to count macarons to lose 15 lbs." and was EXTREMELY confused,

by Anonymousreply 469April 5, 2024 6:40 PM

Macarons are actually relatively low calorie.

by Anonymousreply 470April 5, 2024 6:47 PM

Not if you eat them by the dozen.

by Anonymousreply 471April 5, 2024 7:27 PM

I read 'macarons' as 'macaroni'

by Anonymousreply 472April 5, 2024 7:29 PM

I forgot I could fast-forward past the adverts.

by Anonymousreply 473April 5, 2024 7:45 PM

There was a snail orgy on the driveway last night. They were still coming from the west when I was out at 2 AM. They were all gone this morning. How can they get together so fast and then disappear again? They’re snails for Pete’s sake.

by Anonymousreply 474April 5, 2024 8:16 PM

I’ve decided I want to spend my golden years in a muscle car. I’m saving my money.

by Anonymousreply 475April 5, 2024 8:22 PM

R468 thanks for the tip. I'll get on there as soon as I'm done eating my baklava.

by Anonymousreply 476April 5, 2024 9:37 PM

R475 Do it. I bought one when I retired, drive it maybe 1000 miles a year (second car) and love it when I put the top down. I’ll never sell it.

by Anonymousreply 477April 5, 2024 10:26 PM

A woman driving in front of me this morning had a vanity plate on her Honda Fit that says "Hissy."

by Anonymousreply 478April 6, 2024 12:40 AM

Should I buy a thingy to keep in my car that breaks the car window if I get submerged underwater whilst in my car?

by Anonymousreply 479April 6, 2024 1:22 AM

You can use the poles from your car's headrest if you ever need to break the window.

by Anonymousreply 480April 6, 2024 1:26 AM

R479, an 18” length of metal pipe from the plumbing aisle of a store in 1.5” diameter or wider would be of more use.

It provides leverage when placed over the end of a tire iron. It hits people who smash and grab. It allows you to make weird noises at whoever is sitting shotgun - if you talk through the opening. It also breaks windows.

My dad helped my buy my first car and gave me a short lead pipe to keep besides the driver’s seat. It was handy.

by Anonymousreply 481April 6, 2024 1:32 AM

I need to call the tree people to take away my downed trees. No more big storms, please.

by Anonymousreply 482April 6, 2024 2:07 AM

Thanks to whoever up thread recommended CeraVe itch relief cream. It’s a godsend.

by Anonymousreply 483April 6, 2024 4:26 AM

I was reading about United Way (pages and pages of malfeasance) and I found a name to end all DL names. I give you:

Oral Suer

by Anonymousreply 484April 6, 2024 9:01 AM

On my tomb stone I’d have “I died in better shape than you” on the tombstone, but they’d probably engrave “then”.

by Anonymousreply 485April 6, 2024 10:17 AM

For the Tillamook Ice Cream enthusiasts.

New flavors just released.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486April 6, 2024 11:02 AM

They don’t carry pistachio, R486. I hunted for it.

by Anonymousreply 487April 6, 2024 11:09 AM

r486 Oh, how I despise you!! Thanks for the information, though! Will have to "accidentally" find myself in the ice-cream aisle when I go shopping today.

by Anonymousreply 488April 6, 2024 11:28 AM

To dog-owners - Can dogs develop a crush on a human?

I do love dogs. I don't own one and have no other pets.

When my boyfriend and I take our daily walks, our neighbor's dog makes a big fuss over me. I pet him, murmur sweet-nothings to him. He ignores my partner, although my partner has also paid him that type of attention.

My boyfriend and I tried an experiment.

One time, I stayed back, while my partner gave him attention. The dog stopped reacting to my boyfriend, looked over at me and whimpered, seemingly letting me know that he wasn't pleased with my hanging back.

Then, on our next walk, my boyfriend stayed back while I gave him attention and he never looked over to my boyfriend.

"Milo has a crush on you.", my boyfriend said. "Dogs can't develop a crush on a human", I replied.

Have you ever seen your dogs react to a certain person like they have or crush? Or, as long as I'm asking, an animosity to a certain person?

by Anonymousreply 489April 6, 2024 2:33 PM

like they have a crush?^

by Anonymousreply 490April 6, 2024 2:34 PM

How does one "bold" and "italic" here on the esteemed Datalounge?

Same as "quote" which is [ quote ] without the spaces or what?

Please and thank you.

by Anonymousreply 491April 6, 2024 2:45 PM

[quote] How does one "bold" and "italic" here on the esteemed Datalounge?

One doesn’t. One types LIKE THIS for emphasis.

Bold and italics are technically possible, but they’re meretricious.

by Anonymousreply 492April 6, 2024 2:57 PM

Under "post formatting" at the link, r491

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493April 6, 2024 3:06 PM

Thank you, r493.

Testing:

[bold]test[/bold]

[italic]test[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 494April 6, 2024 3:11 PM

[quote]I can't stand the Pioneer Woman. Her voice is beyond annoying.

[quote]Her merch is even more annoying, [R453].

[quote]She needs to be taken out back and horsewhipped!

I've never watched her show, but I did find this casserole recipe I liked before I knew who she was. I still make it. I substitute ricotta for sour cream.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495April 6, 2024 3:17 PM

I warned you.

by Anonymousreply 496April 6, 2024 3:21 PM

R495, you sub ricotta for the sour cream or do you sub ricotta for the cottage cheese?

That casserole recipe looks tons of calories.

by Anonymousreply 497April 6, 2024 4:37 PM

THANK YOU, R497. I definitely substitute ricotta for the cottage cheese. Tons of calories? Probably. This isn't the Diet and Calories Club.

by Anonymousreply 498April 6, 2024 5:10 PM

I can't find any interesting movies on Netflix or Prime. Might have to try Hulu or Tubi.

by Anonymousreply 499April 6, 2024 5:12 PM

Have you looked at Ripley on Netflix, r499?

by Anonymousreply 500April 6, 2024 5:16 PM

R500 I haven't. I'll check it out. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 501April 6, 2024 6:13 PM

I can highly recommend The Dropout on Disney+.

by Anonymousreply 502April 6, 2024 6:33 PM

I hate in when people kiss loudly and slurpy in the movies. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 503April 6, 2024 10:19 PM

^

it.

by Anonymousreply 504April 6, 2024 10:20 PM

Every Saturday after I clean the entire house, I promise myself I will look into hiring a cleaning lady on Monday.

Then on Monday, I forget to do it.

I need to write myself a note. Perhaps my memory is not what it used to be along with my energy levels.

by Anonymousreply 505April 6, 2024 10:32 PM

Are we in a Mercury Retrograde?

In the past week I've had a couple of appliances and electronics malfunction and I keep dropping and breaking things. Also, a near collision while driving.

Or maybe my stuff is just old and I need new stuff and I'm clumsy and not paying attention?

I don't know what's going on....

by Anonymousreply 506April 6, 2024 11:10 PM

If it started on the 28th, we had a powerful solar flare.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507April 6, 2024 11:19 PM

That casserole recipe has been around since at least the 1960s. I’ve found it in old church cookbooks. It was called Company Casserole. It’s not bad, variation on lasagna, but it’s the green onions that make it different. I’d rather make the original Noodles Romanoff from the restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 508April 7, 2024 1:35 AM

Noodles Romanoff Hot boiled noodles (5 to 6 ounces, uncooked) 1 cup cottage cheese 1 cup commercial sour cream ¼ cup finely chopped onion 1 clove garlic, minced very fine 1 to 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce Dash tabasco ½ teaspoon salt ½ cup grated sharp cheese Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients except cheese lightly and place in greased square baking dish, eight by eight by two inches. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 40 minutes. Makes four to six servings.

by Anonymousreply 509April 7, 2024 2:10 AM

Lost power about an hour ago. Power company app says it's an "equipment problem" and I should have power by 1am. Heck, might as well go to bed. Hope power is back tomorrow as I was planning on doing my taxes.

by Anonymousreply 510April 7, 2024 2:48 AM

R506 you clearly have PMS. Take a midol and lie down.

by Anonymousreply 511April 7, 2024 7:28 AM

Power came back on after only 2 hours. It was an "equipment problem".

by Anonymousreply 512April 7, 2024 12:18 PM

I’m growing my hair out again before the white streaks turn everything gray.

I was hoping it had matured into Peter Capaldi Doctor Who era territory or maybe Tom Baker from the same series. Instead, I’m catching glimpses in the mirror that it may be taking on a late-stage Liberace countenance, or worse, Steve Lawrence.

Will my hair force me to be a kinder person? I don’t think I can be a smartass twerp with Liberace hair.

by Anonymousreply 513April 7, 2024 12:35 PM

I'm eating cotton candy grapes. They aren't as bulbous as they used to be but still good.

by Anonymousreply 514April 7, 2024 12:37 PM

It never stopped Liberace, r513.

by Anonymousreply 515April 7, 2024 12:43 PM

I met my new-ish next door neighbors this morning at 7 am this morning as I was coming back from grocery shopping and she and her bf were packing the Subaru on the other side of the driveway before heading to Vermont for the eclipse. My kitchen window overlooks her parking space and for as long as they';ve been there, I think of her as "Rose" in my mind because she's a (thus far non-evil) doppelganger of a friend named Rose who could be her twin sister. Now I'll call her "Cecilia" which I imagine she'd prefer as it's her name.

by Anonymousreply 516April 7, 2024 1:02 PM

It must be very stressful to be a member of the Japanese Royal (Imperial?) family.

Empress Masako was under so much stress to produce an heir that she had to retreat from public life and was diagnosed with "adjustment disorder". Is that code for nervous breakdown? She was an accomplished diplomat who spoke several languages prior to marriage. After marriage she had to ask permission to visit her parents or to have lunch with her friends. She got in trouble for speaking English to Bill Clinton as it was considered showing up her husband or some such nonsense. She finally had a daughter who can't reign, it will go to her male cousin.

Her sister-in-law Princess Kiko suffers from some kind of gastrointestinal problems and hasn't been seen in public and Kiko's daughter said fcuk this shit and moved to NYC with her shaggy haired commoner husband.

These cloistered, stressed out Japanese royal women should form a support group with failed runaway bride Charlene of Monaco.

I watch too much YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 517April 7, 2024 9:50 PM

And you felt the need to post that in this thread, r517?

by Anonymousreply 518April 7, 2024 9:52 PM

Why not.

by Anonymousreply 519April 7, 2024 10:08 PM

Made you look, r518!

by Anonymousreply 520April 7, 2024 10:16 PM

Tales of stress, Imperial or otherwise, overwhelm.

by Anonymousreply 521April 7, 2024 10:44 PM

I've often discussed here on DL my interest in Japan and desire to visit there. Japanese food and culture dominates my YT feed.

But if this is not welcome here then I am sorry and it won't happen again.

[bold]Happy now?[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 522April 7, 2024 11:03 PM

Why do you need the attention, R522? Are they running this place for you?

You did not underwhelm.

Arigato soshite sayonnara

by Anonymousreply 523April 7, 2024 11:10 PM

I found the gossip about Empress Masako suitably underwhelming and welcome miscellaneous information about [bold] ANY [/bold] royal family that is not based in the UK slightly refreshing - kind of like Fresca.

Shit stirring, however, is whelming and belongs on other threads.

by Anonymousreply 524April 7, 2024 11:25 PM

I came across my long forgotten neti pot while hunting for something else.

I should use it or discard it. I don't think it's appropriate to donate something that's been up my nose.

I'll try to use it sometime this week. If it doesn't spark joy, I'll toss it.

by Anonymousreply 525April 8, 2024 2:09 AM

I spent my morning in bed looking at million dollar homes on Zillow. Mostly midcentury in Palm Springs. I was surprised to find a lot of them were under a million. I'm not going to buy any of them, I just like to fantasize.

by Anonymousreply 526April 8, 2024 2:23 AM

Yeah, I do that (with Zillow) in Santa Barbara. Basic 1-bedroom condos go for $850K there.

by Anonymousreply 527April 8, 2024 2:25 AM

My whole family had the flu despite being vaxxed. I’ve lost 5 lbs in a week and I don’t want to lose weight. We’re all still coughing two weeks later

by Anonymousreply 528April 8, 2024 3:38 AM

I just spoke to a squirrel in a tree outside my window. He seemed alarmed.

by Anonymousreply 529April 8, 2024 2:10 PM

It’s sunny but very chilly today. I have nowhere to be, so I’m going to be a bum all day.

by Anonymousreply 530April 8, 2024 3:15 PM

I just ate ice cream with a grapefruit spoon.

by Anonymousreply 531April 8, 2024 4:58 PM

They dig through the most frozen desserts effortlessly.

by Anonymousreply 532April 8, 2024 5:06 PM

Eclipse has started but the sun is still out 1 hr in.

by Anonymousreply 533April 8, 2024 6:46 PM

An eclipse? Well, that explains it. I thought a dragon was eating the sun.

by Anonymousreply 534April 8, 2024 6:50 PM

Ch 4 in NY is showing the eclipse. It's dark in AR!

by Anonymousreply 535April 8, 2024 6:52 PM

My friends who didn’t listen to me that you can’t make eclipse plans before you know the weather drove up to upstate NY where it is overcast. I’m trying not to remind them.

by Anonymousreply 536April 8, 2024 6:54 PM

Underwhelmed by the eclipse.

by Anonymousreply 537April 8, 2024 7:55 PM

A big fat overhyped turd

by Anonymousreply 538April 8, 2024 8:25 PM

It was phenomenal here.

by Anonymousreply 539April 8, 2024 8:59 PM

I traveled to Tennessee for the 2017 eclipse. I was, appropriately, underwhelmed. It was cool. I was glad I saw it, but all the people taking about how profound and life-changing it would be built it up too much. And the darkness was more like twilight than the midnight I was expecting.

Had some good barbecue. Went to Dollywood, but didn’t go in.

by Anonymousreply 540April 8, 2024 9:06 PM

There are literally hundreds of pine cones in my front yard. I don’t know why. I have pine trees, they’re 30 years old but they’ve never doused my yard in pine cones before .

by Anonymousreply 541April 8, 2024 10:08 PM

Today has been an odd day, it must be effects from the eclipse. A guy down the street who I only know from saying hello when he's out walking, stopped when I was outside cleaning up branches and limbs from the last bad storm a few days ago. There was one limb the size of a small tree and he told me he'd stop by in the afternoon to saw it for me. I assumed he meant a chainsaw but no it was a hand saw. I told him I could do that but he insisted. He even put the wood in his truck and took it to the dump. I offered to pay him but he wouldn't hear of it. Unexpected luck.

by Anonymousreply 542April 8, 2024 10:29 PM

I like watching cows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543April 9, 2024 1:32 AM

R541 it's because of the eclipse.

by Anonymousreply 544April 9, 2024 1:33 AM

I'm debating whether I should order a chocolate cake from Golden Corral. It's so delicious but I know I'll gain weight.

by Anonymousreply 545April 9, 2024 5:40 AM

[quote]There are literally hundreds of pine cones in my front yard. I don’t know why. I have pine trees, they’re 30 years old but they’ve never doused my yard in pine cones before .

It's the eclipse, of course. Next up: a rain of frogs.

by Anonymousreply 546April 9, 2024 7:32 AM

The project I detest is coming to an end. Finally.

by Anonymousreply 547April 9, 2024 11:42 AM

I’m forcing myself to sign up for the premium healthcare option today for I am an old man. This will be a first.

by Anonymousreply 548April 9, 2024 12:58 PM

[italic]Sugar, Oh, honey, honey, You are my candy girl, And you got me wanting you. Honey, oh sugar sugar....[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 549April 9, 2024 3:38 PM

[quote] It's the eclipse, of course. Next up: a rain of frogs.

I’m afraid it means my tress are dying. There are Asian pine beetles around here.

by Anonymousreply 550April 9, 2024 4:55 PM

Something terrible happened to my dwarf magnolias. Many broken branches. If I didn’t know better, I’d think someone dropped a dead body on them from the sky. No corpse. Of course the critters may have dragged it off.

by Anonymousreply 551April 9, 2024 8:27 PM

r551 isn't the PC term, "Little Magnolias?"

by Anonymousreply 552April 9, 2024 8:36 PM

Cinnamon gives me heartburn.

by Anonymousreply 553April 9, 2024 10:35 PM

I watched a documentary about Coco Chanel. One of her former models had a shaved kitty cat. Not a euphemism. He jumped up during the interview.

by Anonymousreply 554April 10, 2024 1:04 AM

R541 it’s normal and is happening all over the north east. I forget the reason but pine trees went into overdrive producing seeds that turned into pinecones. It’s called a mast year.

by Anonymousreply 555April 10, 2024 2:43 AM

I'm at Gonzaga University today for an award event. Very impressed with a beautiful campus but underwhelmed with the event. First time for each.

by Anonymousreply 556April 10, 2024 3:01 AM

Discovering the joys of sinus rinsing

by Anonymousreply 557April 10, 2024 5:26 AM

Don’t inhale

by Anonymousreply 558April 10, 2024 11:46 AM

Sing while you rinse your sinuses so it doesn't go down your throat.

by Anonymousreply 559April 10, 2024 1:04 PM

Would frantic masturbation work as well, r559?

by Anonymousreply 560April 10, 2024 1:10 PM

I have a craving for Mango Gelati from Rita's Italian Ice.

Vanilla custard layered with mango Italian ice.

I must go to there.

by Anonymousreply 561April 10, 2024 2:06 PM

I mentioned to a friend that I ordered one, 4-pack of Starbucks Espresso and Cream cans and they delivered two 4-packs but only charged me for one.

He says I should donate the extra one to a food bank.

Yeah, I'll get right on that...

by Anonymousreply 562April 10, 2024 6:25 PM

Is your friend of the opinion that Starbucks Expresso and Cream is food?

by Anonymousreply 563April 10, 2024 6:33 PM

Send it to Gaza!

by Anonymousreply 564April 10, 2024 8:16 PM

I'm in Spokane for a day after the Gonzaga event. I expected to be underwhelmed but find myself whelmed. Very nice city.

by Anonymousreply 565April 10, 2024 8:53 PM

r561 might you live in NJ? I love Rita's frozen custard. I'm glad they're back open for the "season."

by Anonymousreply 566April 10, 2024 9:39 PM

[quote] Expresso

Mamma mia!

[italic]Who[/italic]'s the poor dumb thing, r563?

by Anonymousreply 567April 10, 2024 9:42 PM

Actually, I think a food bank would be happy to get canned Starbucks drinks. They're expensive and pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 568April 10, 2024 9:55 PM

I’m gonna make some fuckin jam you lezzzy!

by Anonymousreply 569April 10, 2024 10:27 PM

New thread awaits

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570April 11, 2024 12:20 PM

My indica tincture, brewed yesterday in the Magic Butter Machine, is both under- and over-whelming.

First you have to find Everclear (190 proof) which not every liquor store sells, then cut up all the little child-proof bags of flower and grind an ounce or two to decarboxylate it in the oven for half an hour and let it cool before dumping it all in machine and wait for four hours as it turns toasted marijuana and grain alcohol into tincture. It sounds like a lot of work, but it’s more waiting than working with plenty of time to do other things as it cooks. Underwhelming and now I’m done for a month.

Overwhelming in that the potency feels pretty strong. I had a scant half a teaspoon in an Oringina last night and slept for 10 hours.

by Anonymousreply 571April 11, 2024 12:23 PM

I did that exact thing years ago. Didn’t really have much luck putting the tincture under my tongue. I can add it to beverages, but it tastes nasty. Might as well buy edibles. So I still have the tincture years later.

by Anonymousreply 572April 11, 2024 12:28 PM

It burns under the tongue. I was surprised but found the Orangina a good cover for the flavor. San Pelegríno makes some fruit seltzers that also work. A slice of lime in the glass might have helped too, but mostly I like it because I know what’s in it and know I sterilized the jars it’s stored it.

by Anonymousreply 573April 11, 2024 12:50 PM

I am powering through 24 pvr'd episodes of Antiques Roadshow (US version). Having so many to watch is whelming me. I ffw through anything about clocks, watches and guns. It will still take me a few weeks to get through (and more are recording all the time).

by Anonymousreply 574April 11, 2024 5:31 PM

^^and ffw sports memorabilia, naturally.

by Anonymousreply 575April 11, 2024 5:35 PM

I like Orangina.

by Anonymousreply 576April 11, 2024 7:24 PM

They never picked up my yard waste yesterday and now I’m going to feel like a bad neighbor all week .

by Anonymousreply 577April 11, 2024 8:13 PM

It's getting foggy out. Nice ambience but not thick enough to be eerie. I like thick fog. Not for driving in though.

by Anonymousreply 578April 11, 2024 9:58 PM

Overheard yesterday as my office overlooks and thus overhears our neighbors’s backyard when the windows are open. The dad is raking winter detritus from the shrubs and the lawn as his 2 or 3 year-old daughter runs out to the deck barefoot shouting, “I poo-ed! I poo-ed!,” apparently for the first time on her own.

He congratulated her and she ran back in the house, presumably to share her good news with others.

by Anonymousreply 579April 11, 2024 10:27 PM

The local tv channels in New England keep reminding everyone that The Boston Marathon is Monday.

by Anonymousreply 580April 11, 2024 10:44 PM

[italic]Da doo ron ron Da doo ron ron[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 581April 11, 2024 11:23 PM

^ I left out a "ron" it should be: [italic]Do doo ron ron ron, Da doo ron ron ron[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 582April 11, 2024 11:26 PM

I am so proud of R579 for not yelling, “Be careful of the toilet monster!”

by Anonymousreply 583April 11, 2024 11:58 PM

R583 I muttered "I'll alert the media" to myself but no one heard me.

by Anonymousreply 584April 12, 2024 12:33 AM

I still don't understand the difference between a character actor and a regular actor, and I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that I probably never will.

by Anonymousreply 585April 12, 2024 3:45 AM

A character actor typically doesn’t play romantic or action leads because of looks or mannerisms.

by Anonymousreply 586April 12, 2024 4:10 AM

For R585, my favorite clip from Will and Grace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587April 12, 2024 1:33 PM

Community Coffee was BOGO today. I got two of the Dark Roast.

by Anonymousreply 588April 12, 2024 2:56 PM

Chickens are BOGO at my local grocery store this week.

by Anonymousreply 589April 12, 2024 5:11 PM

Just watched a clip of Craig Ferguson on a British chat show in 1991, Jonathan Ross Show. This would have been while he was still drinking/drugging and shortly before his s/uicide attempt which led to rehab and then clean and sober since. It made me a little sad.

by Anonymousreply 590April 12, 2024 5:56 PM

I defrosted and reorganized my refrigerator.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591April 12, 2024 8:41 PM

I thought my insurance would cover Mounjaro but it says I have to have tried other things first along with qualify as diabetic. My A1C is low and I don't know anything about Metformin. I will have to lose weight the old fashioned way. Watch my calories/food intake, exercise, and quit drinking. I can do this. I've done it before; I have to find the mental strength to do it again. Maybe I should speak with a therapist to uncover my issues with food? What say you, DL?

by Anonymousreply 592April 12, 2024 8:51 PM

Yes, you should do all that, Cosmo. See a therapist, change your eating habits, quit drinking, etc. Maybe a cooking class?

by Anonymousreply 593April 12, 2024 9:03 PM

Log your food intake into the MyFitnessPal app, r592. The free version is more than adequate.

by Anonymousreply 594April 12, 2024 9:09 PM

I watched a self-education video at the allergist’s office this morning on how I should self-inject Xolair. No more trip to the office for the monthly shot. The nurse/educator said my needle-handling technique was perfect.

by Anonymousreply 595April 12, 2024 10:47 PM

I bought a jar of the Mt. Olive whole "baby" pickles (shelf-stable). Pretty good, but I think I will try the Boar's Head refrigerated ones. I remember my mom buying the Claussen refrigerated pickles and those were good, but I don't see those very often. The Claussen pickled green tomatoes were good, also.

by Anonymousreply 596April 12, 2024 11:32 PM

I like Mt Olive Kosher Dill Spears.

by Anonymousreply 597April 12, 2024 11:34 PM

Remember Mormon Elizabeth Smart who was abducted and then found in Utah? I just saw photos of her now out father and his boyfriend in a Daily Mail article about her. There's also a photo of her father's wedding on horseback with his husband. I'm guessing he no longer lives in Utah?

No I'm not linking to DM and triggering the diatribe about linking to rags.

by Anonymousreply 598April 12, 2024 11:50 PM

R597, the America's Test Kitchen people said that the whole pickles hold up (stay crisp) better than the spears, so I stuck with the whole pickles.

by Anonymousreply 599April 13, 2024 12:53 AM

Carry on

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600April 13, 2024 3:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!