Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

He's going to win isn't he?

Most current polls show Trump and Biden neck and neck.

I don't want to be a Mary and I know there's already a thread about you will do if he does win. But seriously, I think he is going to win and to paraphrase Lionel he'll be once, twice, three times the crazy.

I live in NYC where everyone fucking hates him but I have a cable box that gets me some affiliate channels for ABC and CBS in the Midwestern states and you hear people get vox popped (not the cap wearing, t shirt emblazoned mental cultists, just genuine ordinary folk) saying things like 'Biden is too old and not alert enough and we now have two big wars that started on his watch, I voted for the guy but I don't see much change from when Trump was in office so I'm a bit undecided.' One guy said 'You know at the end of the day Trump is the kind of guy you could have a beer with' the reporter had to tell him that Trump doesn't drink, and the guy said we'll if he can buy me a bourbon I'll get him a ginger ale.

Have people got amnesia for the years 2016-2021???

by Anonymousreply 224April 24, 2024 6:50 PM

No.

Next..

by Anonymousreply 1January 12, 2024 12:19 PM

Biden? Yes.

by Anonymousreply 2January 12, 2024 12:22 PM

What's going to happen is going to happen.

Just make sure it doesn't happen to you.

by Anonymousreply 3January 12, 2024 12:24 PM

Trump is a sick and twisted man. Anybody who votes for this sick and twisted man is just as sick and twisted.

Sorry, not sorry.

by Anonymousreply 4January 12, 2024 12:27 PM

[quote] Have people got amnesia for the years 2016-2021???

Yes. Americans are incredibly forgetful. Plus, we now have generations who have no idea what threats to democracy the McCarthy era and Nixon were..

Biden should be out there driving home the fact that the economy has improved under him. He needs to be out there telling the country why it is necessary to support Israel. He also needs to be out there driving home the message of the grave threat of further erosions of individual liberties a second term for that imbecile would be for all...women, minorities et al.

Americans forget.

by Anonymousreply 5January 12, 2024 12:36 PM

You realize that 30-40% of this country is sick and twisted, do you not?

Beyond that, he [[italic]will[/italic] lose the popular vote, but he could still win the electoral college. That's what we need to be concerned about. And it's not hysteria to be concerned about him winning; it's the reality of how the election - the electoral college - works.

It scares the shit outta me. The possibility - all too real - that he can win should scare the shit out of everybody.

The man's numbers should be in the toilet. They're not.

by Anonymousreply 6January 12, 2024 12:40 PM

Bear in mind that none of his criminal trials have started yet. None of the evidence presented to the grand juries has been presented in a public forum. His hardcore base will vote for him no matter what, but they’re not enough for him to win. Once the dirt is laid out for the world to see, the less fanatical supporters should start to drop away. They may not necessarily vote for Biden, but they may choose to not vote for Trump. And that may be enough.

by Anonymousreply 7January 12, 2024 12:47 PM

R6 EXACTLY. January 6, the 91 indictments, all the tell all books from people who worked with him who said how fucking mental he is, his criminal network of Giuliani and Sidney Powell. And he is still polling close to 50% in most polls.

This country (or at least 40 something percent of it) is FUCKED

by Anonymousreply 8January 12, 2024 12:49 PM

The reason his ratings are not in the toilet is because the Media keeps propping him up. Instead of treating him like a pariah, and a criminal, they're treating him the same way they did in 2016. Instead of really looking at his organization, who is really running the show, and looking at members of the fucking Sedition caucus, and really covering this they way they covered fucking e-mails or Hunter Biden, they might report something but then walk away from it. The "both sides-ism" is disgusting to me and totally a violation of responsible journalism. I've turned off my TV set for political news. I get news, but I don't watch they hype and horseraces. All they care about is ratings and revenue. If we make them realize that they won't get ratings with they shit they're shovelling maybe they will wake up.

by Anonymousreply 9January 12, 2024 12:56 PM

R9 here. And in what universe is a Nikki Haley or Ron De Santis a viable option to be POTUS? Or a fucking RoberKennedy, Jr.?Or Trump four times indicted with 91 criminal charges including the attempted overthrow of our government? And while were at it, when will t he news media look into the threats and intimidation the former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch experienced? He practically said outloud that she wasn't going to be around much longer if she didn't do the right thing. He has been working with Putin and yet it goes unexplored and Putin is treated like a fucking Rock star by his caucus.

by Anonymousreply 10January 12, 2024 1:01 PM

It's obvious that mainly people in the middle of this country have shit for brains.

by Anonymousreply 11January 12, 2024 1:02 PM

It's still early. Lot's can happen between now and November. When Trump's campaigning gets into gear, all of his craziness will come into focus again.

by Anonymousreply 12January 12, 2024 1:09 PM

No. The vast majority are not paying attention. Once they do, Biden will be President. House will be Democratic and Senate, I hope will be Democratic.

I also hope that State legislatures convert to sanity.

by Anonymousreply 13January 12, 2024 1:20 PM

[quote]The reason his ratings are not in the toilet is because the Media keeps propping him up.

Yes, witness CNN airing his post-trial comments live yesterday. News outlets should not be giving him any platform to spout his lies unchallenged. Refuting his lies after such performances doesn't make up for allowing them in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 14January 12, 2024 1:29 PM

[quote]It's still early. Lot's can happen between now and November. When Trump's campaigning gets into gear, all of his craziness will come into focus again.

It's becoming more apparent that that is the only Democratic strategy to win the election. Nothing proactive.

by Anonymousreply 15January 12, 2024 1:31 PM

[quote]You know at the end of the day Trump is the kind of guy you could have a beer with'

I've heard this from Trumpers too. It must have started on Fox because they all babble this.

by Anonymousreply 16January 12, 2024 1:52 PM

^^ Yeah, but he'd stick you for the bill!

by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2024 1:54 PM

These magats think Trump is some champion of the common people when the reality is Dump wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. He loathes fat, ugly, poor people.

by Anonymousreply 18January 12, 2024 1:58 PM

Very pink, R3.

by Anonymousreply 19January 12, 2024 2:01 PM

American voters are extremely fickle. Most vote on their perception of the economy, which can be very limited in understanding of their own interests or the country’s direction, If the stock market roars back this year and other indicators look good, they will think Biden is an economic genius. If we enter a recession, they will blame him.

Honestly, I’m resigned. I was a little kid when Reagan won by a landslide by cutting taxes, increasing spending, and exuding optimism. That has led to an economy built on $33 trillion of federal debt, and accelerating. Trump made this even worse. This bullshit always appeals to a large part of the country.

by Anonymousreply 20January 12, 2024 2:04 PM

No he is not going to win because Trump is not running for President. He is being used as a stalking horse so that Joe Biden does not drop out of the election and the Democrats have adequate time to fine a replacement. Trump is getting his legal bills paid for and most likely getting quite a bit of money for his pocket as well. He will support Nikki Haley in her bid to become President because it is necessary for her to win so he can receive his pardon.

by Anonymousreply 21January 12, 2024 2:06 PM

I’ll be back!

by Anonymousreply 22January 12, 2024 2:09 PM

It's going to be close and I agree with the post upthread about the electoral college risk. Clinton proved that threat, winning the popular vote but losing the EC. However, if he's convicted around the issue of Jan 6th, all the polls shows independents won't vote for him and I think it is likely women are still feeling strongly about abortion. Sadly, pathetically, unbelievably democracy doesn't seem to be much of a motivator.

by Anonymousreply 23January 12, 2024 2:14 PM

Have you been polled, I nor anyone I know has been polled. If he didn't win the last time why do you think people have changed their mind and want him now after everything he has done since? Why would women give up their and their daughters health care for him? Why would hard working people give up their Social Security for him? The press get clicks and views by telling you all the outrageous things he says and do. Remember during elections how exhausted you are with 24/7 political ads over and over? We are nines months from the election, people will be jumping out of windows if we have constant ads now. There will be plenty of ads informing people how dangerous this man is. We haven't begone to fight yet.

by Anonymousreply 24January 12, 2024 2:15 PM

That's an interesting scenario you lay out vis a vis Haley and Trump. But remember Trump is a dumpster fire of ego. I think he's too stupid and too egotistical to take the off ramp that Haley would pardon him and that's his only realistic option.

I just don't see him bypassing his ego. He's a crafty, evil, man. But he's not a smart man.

by Anonymousreply 25January 12, 2024 2:17 PM

The campaign has barely begun and it's way too early to predict a winner. The Dems are just starting to attack:

"The ads will focus Trump’s role in curtailing abortion access, his role in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, Republican plans for entitlement reform and Biden’s plans for the economy. Early spots include testimonials from a female union electrician in Wisconsin and a Pennsylvania woman who talks emotionally about what it meant to hang her U.S. flag outside her home on the day after the Jan. 6 attack."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 12, 2024 2:23 PM

I strongly believe the poll numbers are because a lot of people are still feeling the pinch from increased food prices, rent, etc. meanwhile the Democrats are going everything is great, great economy, super Biden to the rescue, etc. Yeah, by many measures things are good, but many people aren't feeling it. Even if they are just going to be typical lying politicians in terms of fulfilling the promises, the Democrats should be approaching this as more than just "Trump is a crazy fascist who will end democracy" if they want to prevent a 2016.

by Anonymousreply 27January 12, 2024 2:31 PM

I know there's another Trump thread that covers this exact thing but I want one of my own. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 28January 12, 2024 2:34 PM

How about articulating your achievements, Dems?

by Anonymousreply 29January 12, 2024 2:43 PM

I saw a video clip of an Iowa citizen being questioned by a reporter. He told the guy that Trump said he would be a dictator. The dumb shit responded that he wouldn't call it dictatorship but leadership.

by Anonymousreply 30January 12, 2024 2:43 PM

All the polls show is that the US electorate is massively ignorant. Trump just stated that he can assassinate his enemies.

Do all these ignoramuses really believe that they will never be on the receiving end of his animus?

by Anonymousreply 31January 12, 2024 2:44 PM

"If he didn't win the last time why do you think people have changed their mind and want him now after everything he has done since? "

Bingo. He lost GA and TX was close as far as TX goes. He's even crazier now.

by Anonymousreply 32January 12, 2024 2:46 PM

R25 read this thread starting at R67

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 12, 2024 2:49 PM

I think you're right, OP.

Election Day is 297 days away. By hook or crook, the crook being a given.

How many trials against Trump will advance substantively in that time? What evidence will change the minds of his supporters and learners? What is going to change among Trump-leaning voters to sway their support toward Biden? The hooks of the election certifying processes and voting processes will reveal themselves in time and Biden will be left to say he played fairly and have it his best.

by Anonymousreply 34January 12, 2024 2:54 PM

You do not want to know just how stupid the American public is, most of it now is retarded things they hear on the Internet, they believe everything they hear online.

by Anonymousreply 35January 12, 2024 2:57 PM

R29

By now it should be obvious that even if Democrats articulated their accomplishments - which they do and have done - if the media doesn't cooperate, it doesn't matter.

They'd rather have a horse-race, they'd rather both-sides everything, they'd rather have their clicks, and they'd rather have their tax cuts.

No matter what the Democrats do - and I too believe they are often ineffectual - if the media doesn't get it out there clearly and truthfully, it will not have a chance of having an effect.

Also, too, these days it IS enough to vote for the Democrat just because he or she is an alternative to Trump. We don't have to love Biden and the Democrats; we have to want a democracy and we have to acknowledge the danger that Trump poses.

Any sentient being would already know the differences between Democrats and Republicans. It's as simple as that when choosing.

by Anonymousreply 36January 12, 2024 2:59 PM

Isn't this like the second week ago someone posted this exact same topic?

by Anonymousreply 37January 12, 2024 3:04 PM

[quote]Isn't this like the second week ago someone posted this exact same topic?

If not 3rd, 4th, 5th...

If the past in any indicator, you may expect more, R37, many more.

by Anonymousreply 38January 12, 2024 3:11 PM

R38, my bad, just noticed my grammar made no sense. Meant to say "isn't this the second week in a row...". Yeah, I feel like these kind of stupid posts are relentless.

by Anonymousreply 39January 12, 2024 3:20 PM

Yes, he will. Nothing will happen to him. No jail, nothing. Oh, he will be convicted, and lose companies, but the bottom line, he will win. I have always said it and now people are starting to wake up, except the Democratic Underground centrist Rockefeller republic types.

People need to understand that not only the epically stupid are going to vote for him, but the "just a republican" guy next door to you will. Think about it. WHAT has this creature NOT DONE that makes any normal human not recoil? So WHY would they not vote for him?

I feel sad for the people still thinking that this will not happen. It is quite a fantasy land they live in, and I am beginning to think a small portion of the delusional want it to happen, just because.

by Anonymousreply 40January 12, 2024 3:20 PM

[quote]I strongly believe the poll numbers are because a lot of people are still feeling the pinch from increased food prices, rent, etc. meanwhile the Democrats are going everything is great, great economy, super Biden to the rescue, etc. Yeah, by many measures things are good, but many people aren't feeling it.

I gather that's what Obama told Biden when he was at the White House a couple of weeks ago. Telling people doesn't work, if they don't feel it. And they don't. There's lots of other messages to work than one that sounds out of touch. Which is never a good look for someone over fifty.

by Anonymousreply 41January 12, 2024 3:27 PM

He will be the next President and we'll be in for a rough ride. He'll refuse to leave and I foresee a great deal of violence, if not outright concentration camps, as well as the collapse of the economy (because corporations and lenders tend to value sanity). There will probably be enough of the country left at the end for some dim version of a nation to chug along, but expect the rich to flee abroad, the middle class to vanish completely and the ultra-rich to own fully 99.999999% of everything that's left. Also, Alaska will be part of Mother Russia once more and Hawaii will be up for grabs. Russia will invade Europe, piece by piece, and China will take Japan. A small-scale nuclear war between China and India is not out of the question.

Throughout Trump will shove hamberders in his face-cunt, blow shit out his asshole, scream with never-ending rage and live to the age of 105, with an enormous diamond for a hat.

by Anonymousreply 42January 12, 2024 3:34 PM

Clearly what Biden should be doing is stealing everything in sight, getting indicted dozens of times, telling a new big lie every day and then denying you ever said it right before telling a new lie, declaring his right to kill anybody he feels like and maybe just doing it a couple of times for fun, oh and shriek a lot about WAAAAALLLLLL!!! then never build it.

by Anonymousreply 43January 12, 2024 3:58 PM

“The American public is ignorant! The American public is ignorant!” Who are you, Michael Jackson?

You know who is not ignorant? The wealthy and powerful! You think they want another Trump presidency when he didn’t give them ANYTHING they wanted? Which is one thing - MASSIVE DEREGULATION. You know who is going to give it to them? A COMPETENT TECHNOCRAT IN A BLOUSE.

The ONLY people who are ignorant of what’s going on are DEMOCRATS. Including the President.

by Anonymousreply 44January 12, 2024 4:01 PM

The media and these phoney polls are making Trump look more popular than he already is.

Seriously, does this look like the face of a winner?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 12, 2024 4:04 PM

Not to push my own company but we are running a special right now on large signs tastefully done announcing the end of the world as we know it.

Large Red signs for our friends on the Right and Blue signs for are equally good friends on the Left. And we have a large selection of colors for our Religious Doomers. And let’s face it for over 309 years it has been the Religious Dommers who have made our End of the World signs so famous and popular.

Pink is in this year and can be used by all

This time it’s for real not like those many past times.

A 19% discount for bulk sales. Hurry or you might be to late.

by Anonymousreply 46January 12, 2024 4:08 PM

I don’t think legally he will be able to run. But yes if his name was on that ballot he would win.

My friend who is a border control agent, who is also black and generally votes Dem is saying he will probably vote Trump because of the border situation. And he is not a very political dude and generally knows the Republican Party is superficially racist. But he said things have gotten so bad under Biden. I even argued with him that even that situation doesn’t negate all of Trumps flaws. I tried to argue on the facts too but he’s right there doing this for a living. I can’t argue what he is experiencing with his very own eyes. Anyways I got him to least say he just won’t vote at all than vote for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 47January 12, 2024 4:13 PM

I've been baffled in the last few months about the resurrection of Trump - astonished that polls show him leading in Michigan and other battleground states. I know MAGA is nuts and the Fox media bubble is airtight and effective: it's clear that the Murdoch kooks and the plutocrat dark money streams have determined that Trump can be elected and are pushing it strongly now.

But something in the last week or so tells me... when folks really pay more attention they will react to the possibility of Trump Version 2.0 with a certain repulsion. Not a concern over the trashing of the US Constitution or end of the Republic, rather just Trump fatigue. I think most Americans are tired of the daily chaos and increasingly disturbed face/hair/orange makeup/insane lies and statements. I think most (enough for him to lose) Americans just want the clown to go away. Turn down the volume, unplug this Christmas tree, tired of the mess.

by Anonymousreply 48January 12, 2024 4:18 PM

He's obese, 77 and not well. Always sweating and slurring. The makeup is to hide his ashy, mottled skin tone. And the Republicans are betting everything on the old magic from seven years ago.

He's running for POTUS out of desperation. He doesn't want the job; he wants money for legal fees and some way to stay out of prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 12, 2024 4:20 PM

No and most polls are run or paid for by Republicans. Stop looking at them.

by Anonymousreply 50January 12, 2024 4:24 PM

Calm down and take your meds. Trump, if he is the GQP candidate, is going to lose bigly. He has lost support since 1/6/21. He hasn't gained a single voter, with the exception of backwoods retard homeschooler Christians who will be 18 in 11/2024. Normals aren't having more of his crazy.

Also, all of these polls are garbage. In a nutshell, there are good polls and bad polls. Good polls COST MONEY. What we're seeing now are cheap, bad polls conducted by Republican pollsters to flood the zone. Do you answer your phone if it's an unknown caller? (I don't and I'm 52 fucking years old, hardly a Millennial or Gen Z). And of course the media takes whatever polls they are given as gospel and "this is bad for Biden". Look up Tom Bonier and Simon Rosenberg and listen to what they have to say about polling. And Democrats have been OVERPERFORMING in the last few cycles, which gets completely ignored by the media because they want their horse race. Also, there's the issue of abortion bans which are not popular, even among Republicans. And the fact that the House GQP are wasting time and money on sham hearings and deposing their Speaker; meanwhile we're headed towards another shutdown BECAUSE THEY CANNOT GOVERN.

All of that said, Democrats still need to put in the hard work to win and everybody needs to vote (and check your registration now). But just stop already with the gloom and doom.

by Anonymousreply 51January 12, 2024 4:25 PM

I’ve stated multiple times on the site that I thought Trump would not be the nominee and that I think it would not be good to have Trump re-elected, for several reasons. I’m coming to accept that it will indeed be a Biden-Trump rematch and a good chance Trump will be re-elected. There doesn’t seem any way for him not to be the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 52January 12, 2024 4:30 PM

Seriously, R47?

Your friend is another of the many idiots in this country. Ask him what Trump DID - not SAID - not THREATENED - what he DID about the border/immigration issue when he was in office for four years. Does he know? Does he remember?

Ask him about the 13 million the Democrats offered to work on the immigration issue. Does he know the Republicans turned down that opportunity because if they REALLY did anything about immigration, they'd lose the immigration scare tactics that rubes like your friend use to justify voting for them.

Ask him what he thinks Trump will do if he gets into office again. What he thinks he will do THIS time that he didn't do LAST time?

Also ask him if he thinks that razor wire in the water is going to solve the problem.

And he's making his decision on the basis of what Trump will do to the brown people?

Mention, if he's that stupid, that he's adjacent to the brown people, and Republicans often don't make a distinction between the two groups. Maybe mention historically which party is better for the black population.

How FUCKING stupid are all these people? Don't answer that.

As they say, I CAN"T EVEN...

by Anonymousreply 53January 12, 2024 4:32 PM

[quote] Trump, if he is the GQP candidate, is going to lose bigly. He has lost support since 1/6/21. He hasn't gained a single voter, with the exception of backwoods retard homeschooler Christians who will be 18 in 11/2024.

Let’s ask the question differently. Do you think that Biden has lost a single voter, or a significant number of voters, since 2021? If so, then what do think those lost voters are going to do, since you say Trump hasn’t gained any?

by Anonymousreply 54January 12, 2024 4:34 PM

R49, Who doesn’t sweat wearing a suit in a crowded indoor venue in August when there’s no air conditioning?

by Anonymousreply 55January 12, 2024 4:34 PM

You do understand that we have a two party system, R54, right? If people are upset with Biden, they will vote for Dump again? I don't see that happening. I also don't see them staying home and not voting because the normals don't want Trump again. Now if the Republican was Nikki Haley, they might vote for her (but that ain't happening, their candidate will be Trump).

by Anonymousreply 56January 12, 2024 4:37 PM

Here is the Scenario I see. Trump, Biden, and one-third independents who is a Republicans. Splits the conservative vote and Biden wins a second term. Honestly, I think Biden will win regardless. Magas will vote Trump but middle-of-the-road republicans will not. It was never Hillary Republicans but I think Biden has done enough to win them over and turn them to never-again trump voters.

by Anonymousreply 57January 12, 2024 4:46 PM

Biden won in 2020 because of the NBA. Emboldened by BLM and George Floyd, the NBA players got the owners to open NBA arenas in Milwaukee, Philadelphia, and Atlanta for early voting. All the early voting in those cities put Biden over the top in important swing states Wisconsin, PA, and Georgia, allowing him to win the electoral college. This is hardly ever talked about but it’s true. They better open those arenas again.

by Anonymousreply 58January 12, 2024 5:03 PM

R56

There are still options out side dem and gop

The greens, Kennedy, west, whoever the No Labels run. And there is still a chance they will run someone. They are allegedly trying with Cheney.

How many votes wasted once again will end up deciding the election and can the Dems get their large turnout once again.

The border if done correctly is a great opportunity for Biden or a symbol of what will make him lose.

Yogi said it best

by Anonymousreply 59January 12, 2024 5:07 PM

Trump?

No.

by Anonymousreply 60January 12, 2024 5:08 PM

In case anyone doesn't know Trump's border wall was only a money laundering scheme which is why it was so easy to just "break" it and it was never finished. Anything that Trump did, anything, was to help Trump. not a single thing was for the American people. Trump doesn't know or understand how to do anything for anyone if it isn't helping him first. If people could just understand that Trump always puts Trump first then they might see what he is really like. Trump is, and came from just plain trailer (trash) and just had money which is why I think he appealed to a lot of the followers that we see. A lot of his followers are just poor but see him in the same light as themselves so it makes them believe they could have money and be rich too. The leftover balance of his supporters do have a little money and are only interested in him because he keeps their taxes low at the expense of everyone else.

There are people that you think that if they had money they could be quite dangerous and he is a perfect example.

by Anonymousreply 61January 12, 2024 5:09 PM

R53 I stopped reading your comment after you called me a friend an idiot. And it’s not that I feel insulted or even that you don’t have a valid point of view—it’s just that at this point people are so emotional they won’t think realistically to execute change. It’s a lost cause. Elections have always been popularity contests. Everyone is not wrong and I’m not saying I’m voting Trump because I am absolutely not but everyone cannot just be dismissed as an idiot. Yes they are but ok? Are we going to take away their right to vote? Propaganda is extreme. Are we going to ban propaganda? People are living and breathing in the real world and making decisions based on the shit that impacts them most. Not everybody is just going off the deep end to spite blacks or as in the case of my friend himself.

Does that make any sense. And I didn’t come to name call. I’ll save that for the celeb threads. I like these discussions.

by Anonymousreply 62January 12, 2024 5:09 PM

Called my* friend an idiot should read

by Anonymousreply 63January 12, 2024 5:14 PM

My brother - a college-educated man with graduate degrees (Marine officer, police captain, evangelical, lifelong Republican) - had always told me he "held my nose and voted for him" about Trump. Now he says he won't vote for Trump and will "look at RFK" etc. I think we are underestimating some Trump voters who just can't do it again - after Jan 6 etc.

by Anonymousreply 64January 12, 2024 5:30 PM

Nothing will motivate Blue voters more than Trump. I could live with Haley. Trump, however, can not be allowed near the White House again.

by Anonymousreply 65January 12, 2024 5:32 PM

Anyone who believes these alleged polls and conerned about Trump getting reelected is certainly going to be more inclined to get out and vote. This plan will backfire on Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 66January 12, 2024 6:01 PM

R62

We've been coddling them for years.

We don't have time to make sure they feel better about themselves.

You can not educate those that - for whatever reason - don't want their world view challenged.

And then there are those that anointed him as their savior, and even if they now recognize they've been duped, can not admit that they've been wrong. Again, with their feelings.

Their hypocrisy is so great that they can never again be seen as serious people.

I don't think that we should have to sacrifice the future so as not to offend them.

Sorry. I think we are in an emergency situation. The time for trying to understand, and tiptoeing around them has passed.

Maybe you can spend some time asking them about our concerns?

by Anonymousreply 67January 12, 2024 6:31 PM

No, the plan will not backfire on Republicans because most of you dimwits have already fallen for it.

[quote]conerned about Trump getting reelected is certainly going to be more inclined to get out and vote.

THEY KNOW THIS! HE'S NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT! They want the election to be between a young photogenic person and a late life Jim Backus from one of the Gilligan reunion movies!

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the Democrats that a visible deteriorating Trump wanted to run for President again!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 12, 2024 6:35 PM

All I wanna say is that I am voting for the Democrat. I know what they stand for and what their policy prescriptions are, and most importantly, what they have done. I know who the Republicans are and what they have done. These people all have a track record. So I am voting for Democrats up and down the ticket. We didn't finish the job in 2020. And we let them gain the House in 2022. We have to take it all in 2024. All. No more half measures. Bury those fuckers. They're bad people. I don't care who the Democrat is. The media treats this all as if it's politics as usual. It isn't. Stop getting all tied in knots about it. Just make up your fucking minds to be sensible. They want us to be discouraged, disappointed and doubting ourselves. Don't fall for it.

by Anonymousreply 69January 12, 2024 6:42 PM

[quote]He's obese, 77 and not well. Always sweating and slurring. The makeup is to hide his ashy, mottled skin tone. And the Republicans are betting everything on the old magic from seven years ago.

THEY ARE NOT STUPID! WE ARE!

Not even during the darkest days of the Trump Presidency did I ever feel as betrayed by a President than I do now with Joe Biden. Because he did not know when the bow out graciously and give Democrats the opportunity to choose a new nominee, before it was too late. At least Trump I never trusted in the first place. If Biden is on the ballot in November, I will write someone in.

by Anonymousreply 70January 12, 2024 6:48 PM

Yes, throwing votes away works so well R70. You are the problem.

by Anonymousreply 71January 12, 2024 6:52 PM

People who claim trump does not want to be president again are either comics or delusional.

by Anonymousreply 72January 12, 2024 6:55 PM

Cassandra: "THEY'RE IN THE HORSE, YOU NIMRODS!"

The Trojans, opening gate: "Cassandra, no, YOU are the problem."

by Anonymousreply 73January 12, 2024 6:55 PM

[quote]Not even during the darkest days of the Trump Presidency did I ever feel as betrayed by a President than I do now with Joe Biden. Because he did not know when the bow out graciously and give Democrats the opportunity to choose a new nominee, before it was too late. At least Trump I never trusted in the first place. If Biden is on the ballot in November, I will write someone in.

Lol, *that'll" show us. When did we start getting the special needs trolls?

by Anonymousreply 74January 12, 2024 7:02 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 12, 2024 7:09 PM

The ONLY reason he is running is twofold: 1) his ego, and 2) to pardon himself for his innumerable - and I don't think we yet know the half of it - crimes.

And he won't leave. A permanent shield against ever being held accountable.

by Anonymousreply 76January 12, 2024 7:13 PM

r75 / r73 / r70 et al - go play make-believe somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 77January 12, 2024 7:16 PM

Once Trump is re-elected, it will be fun to observe the comings and goings of Barron as he enters his twenties.

by Anonymousreply 78January 12, 2024 7:17 PM

The tinfoil hatter on this thread is on drugs to think that Trump does not want to be President again. HE WANTS TO STAY OUT OF JAIL AND THAT IS HIS MONOPOLY 'GET OUT OF JAIL FREE' CARD. What is so hard to understand?

Yes, the Kochs and some donors would prefer Nimrata Haley because they know Trump will lose again. But MAGA wants him and he will start winning these primary states--starting with Iowa on Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 79January 12, 2024 7:18 PM

…..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 12, 2024 7:22 PM

…….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 12, 2024 7:24 PM

….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 12, 2024 7:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83January 12, 2024 7:31 PM

r70 any vote that is not for Biden is a vote for trump so you might as well just vote for trump.`

by Anonymousreply 84January 12, 2024 7:34 PM

R84.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85January 12, 2024 7:38 PM

It is nice to see Susan Collins posting as a New Yorker .

God love a Concern Troll.

by Anonymousreply 86January 12, 2024 7:39 PM

…..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87January 12, 2024 7:53 PM

…..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 12, 2024 7:54 PM

…..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89January 12, 2024 7:57 PM

Really, r89, your delusions are *not* entertaining to the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 90January 12, 2024 8:18 PM

I agree, r66. These close polls are good for Biden. No one will take anything for granted. We must fight to win this election. It doesn't have to be easy.

by Anonymousreply 91January 12, 2024 8:43 PM

R70 - you are a horrible person as bad as every Trumper. A new Dem will run in 28. Biden beat Trump once and can beat him again. The chaos of finding another candidate would have been bad for the Dems.

by Anonymousreply 92January 12, 2024 9:46 PM

[quote] Biden beat Trump once and can beat him again.

IF YOU REALLY FELT THAT WAY YOU WOULDN’T BE IN THIS THREAD

by Anonymousreply 93January 12, 2024 10:45 PM

The future of the country is dependent on Biden winning.

by Anonymousreply 94January 12, 2024 11:42 PM

I really worry that Biden might die during his second term.

I really hope that Trump might die during his.

by Anonymousreply 95January 12, 2024 11:43 PM

"... and a good chance Trump will be re-elected."

Okay. So what are his grand plans for America? How will he work hard to make our lives better? All we've heard from him is trials, revenge, the 2016 election, how America is a dying, post-apocalyptic wasteland, crowd size, pottymouthed insults...

He had the job for 4 years: how'd he do?

by Anonymousreply 96January 12, 2024 11:57 PM

We still labor under this delusion that most Americans vote on rational self-interest. They don't. Winning some debate on how the economy is really doing will not win any election. There always has to be some underlying emotional issue. And actually, Don't you hate this fucker Trump? is a legitimate option.

by Anonymousreply 97January 12, 2024 11:59 PM

[quote]I really worry that Biden might die during his second term.

So long as he makes it.

by Anonymousreply 98January 13, 2024 12:16 AM

[quote] So what are his grand plans for America? How will he work hard to make our lives better?

That's a good question, but as the challenger to a president and party that have problems, Trump may be able to rely on just the backlash against the president, the same as Biden did against Trump in 2020. That plus the rehash of Trump's 2016 platform (e.g. the wall) could be sufficient.

For example, regarding the trans-ing of children, a Republican challenger wouldn't have to come up with some alternative for taking care of trans children. They would only need to say they are against physically trans-ing kids. Another example would be DE&I. The Republican wouldn't have to propose a different way to foster diversity. They would only have to say they are against how businesses and academia have implemented it. Obviously, this approach by Republicans wouldn't work on Democrats, who would demand detailed policy plans, but there may be enough Republicans and independents with whom this approach could work.

by Anonymousreply 99January 13, 2024 12:55 AM

So, basically, the wall I didn't build last time and admitted I was totally lying about Mexico paying for it, this time I'll pretend to build it even harder.

But then again, policies don't really matter. Emotions do. And hatred of Trump might just be a stronger force than he realizes this time around. And of course there is really no reason not to hate him if you even disliked him before. He's just gotten worse, and he will continue to deteriorate throughout the year as he gets more and more insanely angry about the trials.

by Anonymousreply 100January 13, 2024 12:58 AM

R99 the GOP and the media are trying as hard as they can to manufacture as much "backlash" as they can. It may be helpful to remind you that PResidents do not act alone unilaterally. They have to negotiate with Congress. I know how the Democrats feel about the environment, and gun safety reforms, and healthcare, and education, and voting rights. I know how they feel about government imposing itself between a person and t heir doctor, whether it's about reproductive freedom or gender assignment, or mandatory sterilization.

I know that the Republicans make baseless accusations and engage in the theater of the absurd with fake hearings and proposing impeachment trials when they aren't busy banning books and distorting American History. I know that the Republicans deliberately sabotage any attempts to legislate immigration reform, because they'd rather exploit asylum seekers and migrant families with babies in arms. They scream about contempt of Congress, and and complain about excessive spending but their irresponsible tax cuts created the deficit, and the only spending they are complaining about right now is spending on Ukraine. Because the rubles in their pockets make it easier to embrace hypocrisy.

I am not worried about Biden. I am not concerned about non specific, manufactured bullshit. Yes. Yes, we have problems. We have work to do. But I have a lot more confidence that work will get done by the Democrats not the Republicans. Why am I confident? Because they have a track record. We have s een it. So I ignore the hype and the handwringing. Fuck them. I'm worked to get the Democrats elected. Period.It's real easy. All rest is masturbation.

by Anonymousreply 101January 13, 2024 2:48 AM

Large Marge is now saying she wants to be head of Trump's Homeland Security (aka Trump's Gestapo--or Gazpacho, because she's a dumbshit moron).

That alone should be motivation enough for the country to run to the polls to vote for Joe.

by Anonymousreply 102January 13, 2024 3:06 AM

Trump wouldn't get within a hundred miles of these people.

by Anonymousreply 103January 13, 2024 3:13 AM

I must admit I'm a bit worried about Dump winning.

It would be a terrible period with an unfathomable amount of damage. A Dump win is also more far reaching that Americans probably perceive.

by Anonymousreply 104January 13, 2024 9:33 AM

Forgot to add - I just watched PBS NewsHour's story on Evangelical christians:

[italic]"The Iowa caucuses are now just three days away, which means the candidates are making their final pitches to a coveted group of voters: white evangelicals. Bob Vander Plaats is perhaps Iowa’s most recognizable and influential evangelical leader and is often called a kingmaker in Iowa politics. Lisa Desjardins sat down with him in Des Moines to discuss the GOP race".[/italic]

Vander Plaats basically said that he didn't approve of Dump and would prefer someone else as the Republican candidate but god works through flawed individuals. He said if it came down to a choice between Biden and Dump - they would all get in line and vote Dump no issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105January 13, 2024 9:37 AM

They have a go-around - or excuse - for everything. Flawed individual, indeed.

If I believed in the crap that they believed in, I'd think he was the devil incarnate.

Their religion is so pliable when they want it to be. Hypocrites and phonies. I'm waiting for true Christians - though I have my doubts that they even exist anymore - to rise against Trump and his world.

I'm not holding my breath.

by Anonymousreply 106January 13, 2024 1:24 PM

What pisses me off is when these so called "moderates" like Sununu and others say that if he's the nominee they'll support him. Sununu endorsed Haley. IMO the fix is in for Trump to get Haley on the ticket as his VP. I'm all but convinced this is the plan.

by Anonymousreply 107January 13, 2024 1:36 PM

Sununu is another example of the many people that debase themselves for Trump.

I really don't get it. He can't have something on ALL these people. Some, yes, many, yes, but not all.

It's a mystery. Maybe the death threats are greater than what we hear about.

by Anonymousreply 108January 13, 2024 1:42 PM

I cant wait to see whose trumps vp pick is going to be,

Haley for woman and moderates

Scott for POC and moderates

Christie for moderates

Desantis just because lots in the gop do like him.

My hope is that he will go full on wacky MAGA like so many on DL think will happen. But I think trump is smarter than that and wants to win. I am betting against Desantis but it would not shock me.

Trump will be going after woman, moderates, POC in his VP pick he will not be doubling down on MAGA which he already owns.

by Anonymousreply 109January 13, 2024 1:48 PM

Christie and Scott have already dropped out R109.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 13, 2024 1:53 PM

R109

Yes they have dropped out of the race for the top spot. My comments were about VP. And you do not have to come in 2nd to become VP just as you don’t have to have ever run for President to be selected for VP

Trump wants to win he has MAGA votes all locked up, he will want to steal votes from the Dems , the pick is going to be seen as a more moderate choice such as Haley, Scott, Christie, maybe even desantis.

Trump like biden is old and not likely to finish 4 years in office. This is the big get for the one picked as VP .

by Anonymousreply 111January 13, 2024 2:02 PM

I don't think we know the person he plans to pick. I don't think it will be anyone on the current stage. His ego won't allow any competition.

It will be someone who is basically oatmeal, like Pence. Some unknown.

by Anonymousreply 112January 13, 2024 2:07 PM

R112

Go ahead and name a few of those unknowns?

And Pence was a brilliant pick. He helped the Pussy Grabber lock in the critically important uber Christian vote. And Scott and desantis speak to that demographic.

Competition? Do you really think trump feels anyone can compete with him?

Haley, Scott, Christie, or Desantis but I hope and pray it’s an unknown maga wacko. But it sadly won’t be.

by Anonymousreply 113January 13, 2024 2:14 PM

Biden is going to lose because he is old! um. Trump is just as old. And to the poster who said they could live with Nikki Haley, um fuck you. She is just Trump in a wig, DeSantis is just a younger Trump. Biden is a great president. He has accomplished things Trunp, Bush JR, Bush or Reagan never did. GDP growth, unemployment, and Infrastructure all great accomplishments. Saving the economy, from the damage Trump and the maga republicans did to it. You want the basic difference between a Dem and a Republican? A Dem president will work until the end to do his job and oh yeah I guess they have to campaign. A republican..especially Trump, will work to cling to power, line their pockets, make their rich friends richer and do nothing for the people who elected them.

by Anonymousreply 114January 13, 2024 2:19 PM

R113

I get what you're saying. But I was thinking it was more likely to be an unknown maga wacko.

And since I don't know enough MAGAs in Congress, I couldn't hazard a guess or a list if them.

by Anonymousreply 115January 13, 2024 3:19 PM

R114 Just because MAGA is irrational should suggest the rest of America is too. Trump = licks Putin's ass, hyperventilates with hero worship when he thinks about how powerful Xi. Haley = supports NATO and understands Putin is a threat to international order, and thinks China needs to be "controlled"...

Not that the old line Republican warmongering is a good thing, but Trump is a wild card incompetent clown when it comes to international relations. There is a difference.

by Anonymousreply 116January 13, 2024 3:24 PM

Liz Cheney had a great quote. She said she doesn't agree with Biden's policies but you can overcome bad policies, but you can't overcome destruction of democracy.

by Anonymousreply 117January 13, 2024 3:38 PM

[quote] And to the poster who said they could live with Nikki Haley, um fuck you. She is just Trump in a wig, DeSantis is just a younger Trump.

You are correct that DeSantis is a younger Trump. But you do not understand Nikki Haley.

Nikki Haley is not Trump in a wig. Nikki Haley is Bollywood Ronald Reagan. She is Mumbai Margaret Thatcher. That is what TPTB have been looking for ever since the 80s. Another Reagan. They tried to make W Bush one (and they would have been successful if he hadn't invaded Iraq. Bush had enormous popular support after 9/11.) The extremely cynical, Steve Bannon-wing of the GOP tried to brand Trump as a Reagan. That proved they did not actually understand Ronald Reagan.

What was Ronald Reagan? The iconic Hollywood liberal James Garner explained Ronald Reagan better than anyone ever has:

"Ronald Reagan wasn't qualified to be governor, let alone president. I was a vice president of the Screen Actors Guild when he was its president. My duties consisted of attending meetings and voting. The only thing I remember is that Ronnie never had an original thought and that we had to tell him what to say. That's no way to run a union, let alone a state or a country."

This is what they want. A friendly face for a plutocratic agenda. That's her.

We had a thread a few weeks ago where there was a poll asking who did the most damage to the Republican Party. The far and away clear winner was Ronald Reagan. We still live in Ronald Reagan's America. That's why Angels in America feels so fresh today, the world hasn't changed. Corporations are king, Russia is evil, a country from east Asia is a significant economic thread, inequality is everywhere. It's the eighties.

Blade Runner, released in 1982, was per Ridley Scott inspired by the elections of Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher. We are entering that world now. Out of control weather. Dystopian cities. Artificial intelligence. It's here.

So, much like we did in 1980 when a well-meaning but weak Democratic president was unable to correctly gauge how much the country disliked him, we will enter another era, under Haley, of destabilizing economic liberalization because Carter, um, Biden doesn't know when to exit stage left. And unfortunately, this time, there's no Ted Kennedy to warn us.

by Anonymousreply 118January 13, 2024 3:39 PM

just so you know, Haley won't win this time but will probably run in the next one and there is a good chance that she can win.

by Anonymousreply 119January 13, 2024 3:43 PM

She will win against Biden. She absolutely will win. Biden only won because of suburban women. They will defect to her.

There is no rationality in the Republican PTB supporting Trump, even he wasn’t 77 and in poor health. Trump was so erratic and chaotic they were only able to accomplish maybe two years of work in four. If they elect him again, they’ll only get another two years of work in, and then another Democratic candidate will be elected because Trump was such a nightmare, and will undo it. They don’t want that. They want eight years of work, in eight years. That was one of the reasons I supported Obama in 08. I knew even if Hillary was elected, there wasn’t a chance in hell she’d be re-elected. If you send a person to the White House, you send him (or her) there for eight years. No logic in supporting Trump. Every rational logic in backing Haley.

by Anonymousreply 120January 13, 2024 3:52 PM

There's no logic but they want Dump R120. Hayley won't be the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 121January 13, 2024 3:59 PM

[quote]I don't think we know the person he plans to pick. I don't think it will be anyone on the current stage. His ego won't allow any competition.

It's going to be Ivanka.

by Anonymousreply 122January 13, 2024 4:02 PM

Nimrata has said that she would pardon Trump. That disqualifies her for being a normal. She's as vile and corrupt as the rest of MAGA.

by Anonymousreply 123January 13, 2024 4:04 PM

actually yesterday Eric Trump's wife said she would love to be VP.

by Anonymousreply 124January 13, 2024 4:04 PM

[quote] She will win against Biden. She absolutely will win. Biden only won because of suburban women. They will defect to her.

Suburban women are unlikely to vote for any Republican with the threat of a nationwide abortion ban.

by Anonymousreply 125January 13, 2024 4:05 PM

Not necessarily suburban Republican women. Because it's never real until it happens to them, and if it does, they have money and connections to get it taken care of somewhere else.

Not like the little people.

by Anonymousreply 126January 13, 2024 4:08 PM

He is not going to win. Biden's numbers are going to improve as consumer sentiment improves. I am also not entirely certain the Supreme Court is not going to step in and stop him from becoming president. I absolutely think it is possible that he will be disqualified by them. The possibility that a convicted felon could assume the presidency (and especially one convicted of the crimes he is accused of committing) raises the spectre of a constitutional crisis from which we might not recover. At the very least, Goresuch and Roberts will side with the liberals to prevent that from happening. Possibly Kavanaugh and Barrett, as well. Alito and Thomas are a lost cause.

It's going to be a strange and turbulent election, but I think we will come out of this okay.

by Anonymousreply 127January 13, 2024 4:09 PM

R121.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128January 13, 2024 4:10 PM

But I also think Nikki Haley is a major wildcard and if she catches fire -- which she might -- all bets are off.

by Anonymousreply 129January 13, 2024 4:10 PM

The kind of hysteria OP is offering here is actually a suppression tactic, to manipulate people into an anxious, frightened then resigned state and to begin to entertain the unthinkable and therefore be less likely to resist it.

The goal of this horseshit is to make people believe the worst is inevitable and they better get used to it. Of course, that isn't anywhere near true, but the Republican Party is just a fascist party of enablers, dunces and villains, and they'll resort to any form of manipulation to suppress voter turnout because they know (and don't care) how unpopular both their leaders and their policies are with the majority of Americans.

Whether the OP is an agent of this suppression technique or a victim of it is open for debate, but not really important or relevant.

Watch from more of this in forums like this. People shouldn't ignore polls, but they are, historically, virtually useless predictors of outcome at this stage in the election cycle.

by Anonymousreply 130January 13, 2024 4:12 PM

R129

Haley may catch fire, but she's still a woman. A large number of men will NEVER vote for a woman. They just won't vote. Which may benefit us.

by Anonymousreply 131January 13, 2024 4:17 PM

I seriously doubt the Supreme Court is going to save us in any way. And even if they did come out and say no, Trump is not allowed to run, they would actually unleash the chaos you say they'd be avoiding, r127. At that point millions and millions of MAGAts would decide democracy is completely gone and go for complete violence. And no, any mythical powers that be cannot just tell them, here's an Indian-American woman we've substituted for your god-emperor, so it's all good.

We are going to have to do this ourselves, by voting in very large numbers for Biden. No mythical power is going to step in and save America from Americans.

by Anonymousreply 132January 13, 2024 4:18 PM

r130, here again with the following observation:

I wrote

[quote] Whether the OP is an agent of this suppression technique or a victim of it is open for debate, but not really important or relevant

Judging from the title the OP choes , "He's going to win isn't he" completely outs him/her/themselves as a Trump loving troll. You can see the orange pancacke on OP's mouth from space

by Anonymousreply 133January 13, 2024 4:19 PM

“A large number of people won’t vote for a black man.” “A large number of people won’t vote a grotesque orange buffoon.” How’d that work out both times?

by Anonymousreply 134January 13, 2024 4:32 PM

R131

And yet when they actually measure this in a professional survey 75% of respondents said it did not matter man or woman they did not care.

Of those that did express a preference 16% said woman and only 7% said men.

Haley was elected and Scott was elected, in one of the most conservative states in the country.

by Anonymousreply 135January 13, 2024 4:33 PM

Bobby Jindahl got elected too and look what happened to him.

by Anonymousreply 136January 13, 2024 4:39 PM

not sure I believe that 75% r135. Even if the poll was well done and honest, I think it's still hard to tell a pollster, yup I'm sexist or yup I'm racist.

Still, it is true that given a conservative woman or black man, even sexist or racist conservatives will vote for them over the liberal white guy, however reluctantly. But with Trump they get the full deal: racist, sexist authoritarian champion of white fuckers everywhere. They would accept no substitutes.

by Anonymousreply 137January 13, 2024 4:45 PM

It’s not hard to tell a poster you prefer a man or a woman on the ticket. It does not make anyone a racist to have an opinion of one over the other 25% or no opinion 75%.

It’s hard to argue that conservative whites won’t turn out to vote for a conservative woman of some color or a conservative black man when both Haley and Scott were popularly elected in SC.

R137.

by Anonymousreply 138January 13, 2024 4:54 PM

[quote] At the very least, Goresuch and Roberts will side with the liberals to prevent that from happening. Possibly Kavanaugh and Barrett, as well.

Ducklips Habba is issuing threats to Trump's appointees and making statements like "you owe him."

by Anonymousreply 139January 13, 2024 5:02 PM

R138 Not to derail the topic of the thread: but it's pretty commonplace to understand that extremist/conservatives relish a person of color validating their own racist views. Nothing gets a racist as hard as a black person speaking in opposition to affirmative action etc.

Witness Herman Cain etc etc. "Blacks for Trump" carefully positioned for the TV shots behind Trump at his rallies.

by Anonymousreply 140January 13, 2024 5:05 PM

Biden campaign polls show 75% of undecided voters don’t believe Trump will really be the nominee. Nate Silver thinks this is good news for Biden in that it makes today’s polls especially unreliable.

by Anonymousreply 141January 13, 2024 5:05 PM

Biden is toast.

by Anonymousreply 142January 13, 2024 5:11 PM

R142 But avocado toast, highly desirable.

Trump, on the other hand, is bacteria.

by Anonymousreply 143January 13, 2024 5:15 PM

Haley is precluded from VP contention, having had the gall to challenge Trump in the primary. I think dumpy Elise Stefonknee is probably high on his VP shortlist, given her ardent dedication to licking his asshole at every public opportunity to do so.

Sununu shows that ostensibly rational Republicans aren’t going to grow a conscience and vote for Biden or abstain from voting altogether. Chris Christie himself has said he will vote for Trump if 2024 turns into a Trump v Biden contest. It’s unfathomable to me that there are only a handful of once-prominent republicans willing to say “absolutely not, I’d rather have a democrat than Trump” — Adam Kinzinger, Nicole Wallace etc. I can’t even think of ten names in that camp.

by Anonymousreply 144January 13, 2024 5:16 PM

[quote] Witness Herman Cain etc etc. "Blacks for Trump" carefully positioned for the TV shots behind Trump at his rallies.

Yes, and it was all a fraudulent little game. Let's pump up Herman Cain or Ben Carson or whoever, but in the end, let's nominate some white guy.

by Anonymousreply 145January 13, 2024 5:19 PM

Hello?

by Anonymousreply 146January 13, 2024 5:20 PM

If Trump chooses Elise Stefanik for VP, then he’s guaranteed to win.

Elise will eviscerate giggling Kamala in the VP debate.

by Anonymousreply 147January 13, 2024 5:24 PM

R147 Ah, ha ha ha ha. You think the VP choice (or the VP debate) matters to voters in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 148January 13, 2024 5:27 PM

I honestly would love to know how many people even thought about the VP nominees in 2020 or 2016 when they were actually voting.

by Anonymousreply 149January 13, 2024 5:30 PM

[quote]She will win against Biden. She absolutely will win.

LOL

by Anonymousreply 150January 13, 2024 5:35 PM

[quote]I really don't get it. He can't have something on ALL these people. Some, yes, many, yes, but not all.

You do not need to "have something" on people whose only principle is to attain and maintain political power.

by Anonymousreply 151January 13, 2024 5:35 PM

r147 is a troll.

by Anonymousreply 152January 13, 2024 5:37 PM

Haley/Biden matchup, this is her VP. House majority Whip, hardcore party loyalist, upper Midwest. Potential peel away Minnesota and Michigan (depressed turnout of Muslim voters because of Biden’s support of Israel’s actions.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153January 13, 2024 5:41 PM

Oh, and from the suburbs.

by Anonymousreply 154January 13, 2024 5:42 PM

R144

David Jolly is another. He's a former Republican Congressman from Florida. Has been very clear about saying that the only way out of this mess is to vote for Democrats.

He's now a frequent contributor to MSNBC. Very smart. Very eloquent. Very ex-Republican.

(Oh, and, forgive me, very hot.)

by Anonymousreply 155January 13, 2024 5:48 PM

Haley-Biden, the election is won by these three states in red. Otherwise they would need to peel off Pennsylvania, where Biden is from, or Georgia, where a formidable GOTV operation was built last election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156January 13, 2024 5:57 PM

Although personally, I think unhappiness with Biden is so strong Haley could peel away the Philadelphia suburbs and win the state.

by Anonymousreply 157January 13, 2024 5:59 PM

r153 r154 r156 r157

by Anonymousreply 158January 13, 2024 6:04 PM

R148, It will matter in 2024 when the Democratic candidate for POTUS is a feeble 81-year-old man who is obviously experiencing mental decline and has to be led by the hand by his wife at the conclusion of every public appearance.

by Anonymousreply 159January 13, 2024 6:11 PM

See this is what irritates me about people like r151 - they get it, but they don’t get it

[quote]You do not need to "have something" on people whose only principle is to attain and maintain political power.

See he gets that part. But he does not get it by ascribing supernatural powers to Trump.

Let me tell you something. Trump has already been Network Boardroomed. The people whose only principle is to attain and maintain power, are the ones who have something on him, not the other way around. If you put down your Trump Derangement Glasses, you’d see you have a sick old man who is terrified of prison and neverending financial penalties. He does what they say, the problems go away.

Howard Beale acquiesced. They shot him anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160January 13, 2024 6:15 PM

For R159 and his orange god, unable to walk down a ramp.

Mighty Joe is out riding his bike and travelling the world, meeting with heads of state everywhere. Trump can barely kick his soiled diaper out of bed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161January 13, 2024 6:21 PM

Lol, r159, c'mon, up your game.

by Anonymousreply 162January 13, 2024 6:25 PM

R161

When you call him “Mighty Joe”

You are using a nickname that was coined for a captive gorilla. 🦍

So you actually are somewhat accurate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163January 13, 2024 6:25 PM

r159 is the *Hunter is a POS* troll.

by Anonymousreply 164January 13, 2024 6:27 PM

R163, that's all you can come up with? How are your 8th grade classes coming along?

by Anonymousreply 165January 13, 2024 6:32 PM

R160 has too much time on his hands.

by Anonymousreply 166January 13, 2024 6:35 PM

r165 certainly better than an American history, poli sci or psychology class you ever took.

by Anonymousreply 167January 13, 2024 6:35 PM

r163 is also:

[quote]Not even during the darkest days of the Trump Presidency did I ever feel as betrayed by a President than I do now with Joe Biden. Because he did not know when the bow out graciously and give Democrats the opportunity to choose a new nominee, before it was too late. At least Trump I never trusted in the first place. If Biden is on the ballot in November, I will write someone in.

by Anonymousreply 168January 13, 2024 6:37 PM

You are a very silly person r167. No wonder you're MAGA.

by Anonymousreply 169January 13, 2024 6:37 PM

[quote]But I also think Nikki Haley is a major wildcard and if she catches fire -- which she might -- all bets are off.

If she (or anyone else) gets the Republican nomination, Trump will almost certainly run as an independent just to fuck over the Republicans. In that case he would draw enough votes from Haley to allow Biden to win.

by Anonymousreply 170January 13, 2024 6:40 PM

R161 . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171January 13, 2024 6:41 PM

R161 . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172January 13, 2024 6:42 PM

Oh NOOEEESSSS, Joe Biden once tripped. I have to vote for the career criminal fascist who wants to steal everything in sight! That's just science.

by Anonymousreply 173January 13, 2024 6:43 PM

R161 . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174January 13, 2024 6:44 PM

[quote]Ducklips Habba is issuing threats to Trump's appointees and making statements like "you owe him."

And why would they give a fuck? They’ve got their jobs for as long as they want them. If he’s re-elected he can’t take them away.

by Anonymousreply 175January 13, 2024 6:44 PM

Nobody is buying the fecal matter you're selling, r174. What makes you so desperate for (even negative) attention? You and your spamming come off as pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 176January 13, 2024 6:45 PM

R172 old news about old men. With more attention voters who are not brainfarted by MAGA bubbleworks will notice how Trump is now no longer just "outrageous and funny!!" but truly demented and losing his faculties. He sometimes is able to rope it all back together for a Fox Town Hall, but then unravels on the trail. MAGA will deny it, but the Trump of 2024 is barely resembles the Trump of 2016.

by Anonymousreply 177January 13, 2024 6:47 PM

R171 has never gotten his obese 400 lb ass on a bike. If so, you would know that all cyclists have a spill now and then. It's no big deal, but then again you wouldn't know because you're too big to leave mom's basement.

by Anonymousreply 178January 13, 2024 6:52 PM

Why did Democrats lose the 2024 election?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179January 13, 2024 6:54 PM

[quote] will notice how Trump is now no longer just "outrageous and funny!!" but truly demented and losing his faculties.

Everyone notices this! He's not running for President!

by Anonymousreply 180January 13, 2024 6:55 PM

I think we can assume that Donald doesn't even know how to ride a bike. Keep spammin', r179. You're coming off as psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 181January 13, 2024 6:56 PM

TPTB + Nikki Haley

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182January 13, 2024 6:57 PM

Biden will win, House will go Dem, Senate will go GOP. Anyone who believes anything else about this upcoming election is delusional and beyond help.

by Anonymousreply 183January 13, 2024 6:58 PM

Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184January 13, 2024 6:58 PM

Democrats

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185January 13, 2024 6:59 PM

. .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186January 13, 2024 7:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187January 13, 2024 7:01 PM

Four more years?

Seriously?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188January 13, 2024 7:07 PM

First Caregiver

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189January 13, 2024 7:10 PM

Someone had said that Ravaswarmy was paid to run to show that against Haley she isn't Indian enough and not dark enough to really be and indian.

in order for Haley to win, the racist republicans have to vote for a woman, an Indian, a brown person. What do you think her chances are?

by Anonymousreply 190January 13, 2024 8:49 PM

[quote]And even if they did come out and say no, Trump is not allowed to run, they would actually unleash the chaos you say they'd be avoiding, [R127].

I don't think you understand my point. The chaos that I am trying to avoid is the chaos of a neutered, meaningless legal Constitution. Laws mean something. The Supreme Court will not be unleashing chaos by upholding the Constitution, you fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 191January 13, 2024 9:13 PM

[quote]Trump will almost certainly run as an independent

Trump is not going to run as an independent. He needs an established party apparatus to be able to stage a run for president. The alternative would cost him too much money.

by Anonymousreply 192January 13, 2024 9:16 PM

[quote] in order for Haley to win, the racist republicans have to vote for a woman, an Indian, a brown person. What do you think her chances are?

She was the two term governor of a state in the Deep South! She already passed that test!

by Anonymousreply 193January 13, 2024 9:17 PM

[quote] The Supreme Court will not be unleashing chaos by upholding the Constitution, you fucking idiot.

No I understood your incorrect point perfectly, and as indicated, you are completely wrong. Throwing Trump off the ballot would indeed unleash chaos, and no doubt violence.

by Anonymousreply 194January 13, 2024 9:21 PM

[quote]Trump is not going to run as an independent.

He would do it just to fuck over the Republicans who he would believe had fucked with him. You underestimate his obsession with revenge.

[quote]He needs an established party apparatus to be able to stage a run for president. The alternative would cost him too much money.

He can get enough money to run. The goal in this scenario isn't to win, it's to make the Republicans lose, What would he have to lose by doing it? It would be the ultimate revenge for him being dumped by the party he owned. "If I can't be the Republican President, no one will!".

by Anonymousreply 195January 13, 2024 9:33 PM

The people who ascribe these boogeyman qualities to Trump remind me of the people on the right who were convinced Hillary Clinton killed Vince Foster, or was running a child sex ring out of a pizzeria.

by Anonymousreply 196January 13, 2024 10:04 PM

No, no they don't r196. You are lying, in the traditional Trumpista way, and you should instead leave that cult.

by Anonymousreply 197January 13, 2024 10:34 PM

See r197 that's not how this works

i gave you a personal opinion, and you now are telling me I don't have that personal opinion.

example:

Joey Luft: "I like blue."

You: "No, Joey, you don't like blue. You are lying, in the traditional Trumpist way, and you should leave the cult and admit you like red."

alternatively

Me: "We are at war with Eurasia."

You: "No, we are at war with Eastasia. Eurasia is our ally. We have always been at war with Eastasia."

perhaps your obsession with accusing others of cultish behavior could bear some introspection.

by Anonymousreply 198January 13, 2024 10:49 PM

Leave the cult r198. There is no reason on earth to believe that Trump is anything but a conman, a rapist, and a mobster, and you have no need to defend him or to lie about your beliefs and opinions. And no, as you know so very well, there is no comparison between people rejecting the cult of Trump and people imagining that Hillary kills babies and drinks their blood in the basement of mythical pizzerias. Leave the cult.

by Anonymousreply 199January 13, 2024 10:57 PM

See people who question authority are, in the classical definition, liberals. People who demand conformity are by definition conservatives.

A Democratic Party in which you are not allowed to question a bad decision is no longer a liberal party. It is a conservative, corporatist party, run not in the interest of its members but in the interest of its shareholders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200January 13, 2024 11:14 PM

Not sure how people think Nikki Halley can win. She still represents the Trump ideas. Just in heels.

by Anonymousreply 201January 13, 2024 11:15 PM

[quotes]Not sure how people think Nikki Halley can win.

Ummm... more people in swing states vote for her than vote for him.

It's not rocket science people.

by Anonymousreply 202January 13, 2024 11:20 PM

Quinnipiac has Biden 3 points ahead in PA in its latest poll (And Bob Casey even further ahead in his PA Senate race)

Weird how the concern trolls didn't mention that

by Anonymousreply 203January 13, 2024 11:21 PM

r203

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204January 13, 2024 11:22 PM

[quote] Ummm... more people in swing states vote for her than vote for him.

Nobody has cast a vote for Nikki Haley yet. You have no idea really how people will vote for her in swing states. None at all.

by Anonymousreply 205January 13, 2024 11:25 PM

[quote]Quinnipiac has Biden 3 points ahead in PA in its latest poll

This is terrible. It's his home state.

by Anonymousreply 206January 13, 2024 11:27 PM

R206, Biden won Pennsylvania by just over one percentage point in 2020. It’s not an easy state for Democrats anymore.

by Anonymousreply 207January 13, 2024 11:30 PM

R207, tell that to Dan McCaffery. Easily elected in 2023. Or to Fetterman and Shapiro, who easily won in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 208January 13, 2024 11:40 PM

In Presidential elections, Rose, in Presidential elections.

by Anonymousreply 209January 14, 2024 12:48 AM

Look how crazy the social media, and the Extremist websites and our oow mainstream media have destroyed weak minded people! This disgusts me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210January 14, 2024 1:23 AM

Of course the NYT has jumped the shark so to speak, and have become the Right's best friend editorially. But still.

by Anonymousreply 211January 14, 2024 1:24 AM

tRump will lose and Biden will win.

House will be Democratic Senate will be Democratic

by Anonymousreply 212April 24, 2024 2:10 PM

After Maggie Haberman busted Trump as malodorous fetid diaper wearer, Moses Mike backed off and MTG backed off.

Nobody wants to be associated with a guy who is sitting in his own shit sitting in a courtroom.

Moses Mike must have smelled it when he kissed the ring at MaL.

MTG must have smelled him on numerous occasions.

I predict BLUE LANDSLIDE

by Anonymousreply 213April 24, 2024 2:15 PM

Biden's numbers are looking better and better the closer we get to November. Voters are slowly tuning into the race and the thought of a soon-to-be felon becoming president again and the ensuing four years of daily drama turns their stomach.

by Anonymousreply 214April 24, 2024 2:19 PM

If you say so

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215April 24, 2024 2:24 PM

The AI spamming troll is obviously mentally unwell.

by Anonymousreply 216April 24, 2024 2:34 PM

[quote]The president is trailing Donald Trump in six of seven swing states as a majority of poll respondents see the economy worsening by the end of the year.

So we've gone from "the economy is shit" to "the economy is fine, but I have this vague feeling that it might be shit by the end of the year" as a basis to cast your vote. Thank god Biden will prevail despite these dumb fucks who answer these polls.

by Anonymousreply 217April 24, 2024 2:34 PM

[quote]On the Ballot in Iowa: Fear. Anxiety. Hopelessness.

r210 What on earth are those deplorafucks in Iowa fearful about? It's not like immigrants are flocking to that sorry state of theirs. Why are these sheltered snowflakes just constantly in a state of fear and in need of hand holding?

by Anonymousreply 218April 24, 2024 2:37 PM

I'm thinking if 40,000 of the worst republicans died, their ideology would vanish forever as it has NO popular support and it is only money and lies which keep it afloat

by Anonymousreply 219April 24, 2024 2:37 PM

It’s not all bad for Biden. Although the Morning Consult poll shows Trump ahead in all of the other battleground states, Biden now has a slight lead in Michigan. That’s a big change.

by Anonymousreply 220April 24, 2024 3:06 PM

These polls mean nothing anymore.

by Anonymousreply 221April 24, 2024 4:14 PM

[quote]One guy said 'You know at the end of the day Trump is the kind of guy you could have a beer with'

As long as you don't mind the stench.

by Anonymousreply 222April 24, 2024 4:16 PM

Pollsters have shown that they have very flawed sample groups in this Internet world. Most of them seem to poll landlines.

Flawed.

by Anonymousreply 223April 24, 2024 5:24 PM

If you want to make a statement criticizing polling, just go back to 2012 and copy and use the statements Republicans made against polling for Romney vs. Obama. It looks like some people are already doing that.

by Anonymousreply 224April 24, 2024 6:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!