Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cute explorer killed by 'cannibal tribe' on remote island in the Indian Ocean

The American explorer travelled to the island with what he thought was good intentions.

Hopeful missionary John Allen Chau grew up in a Christian home in Vancouver, Washington and had a passion for hiking, camping and travelling.

Back in high school, he learnt about the isolated Sentinelese peoples of North Sentinel Island, who fiercely protect their home from outsiders.

The hunter gatherers live on a small island - about the size of New York's Manhattan Island - situated in the Indian Ocean.

While it is estimated that the land could comfortably support between 80 and 150 people, between 15 and 500 are currently living there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78March 28, 2024 1:32 PM

We know. We’ve known for almost six years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 23, 2024 2:51 PM

Why are you randomly starting another thread about this idiot, OP?

by Anonymousreply 2March 23, 2024 2:52 PM

Geez, 6 years ? Time for a reboot, don't you think ?

by Anonymousreply 3March 23, 2024 2:52 PM

[quote]Chau's intention was to visit the peoples to 'declare Jesus' to them.

Good riddance. Trash taking itself out.

by Anonymousreply 4March 23, 2024 2:53 PM

No R3. He’s not Jesus. He hasn’t risen.

by Anonymousreply 5March 23, 2024 2:53 PM

r2 I assume because LadBible just published an article about it and this is the first time OP is hearing about it.

by Anonymousreply 6March 23, 2024 2:54 PM

R2 Didn't know other threads existed. I wasn't here in 2018, and probably other members today weren't here in 2018. So it's new for us.

R6 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 7March 23, 2024 2:55 PM

[quote]between 15 and 500 are currently living there

Can you really sustain a genetically healthy population with only that many? I know it can be done with animals, but with people?

by Anonymousreply 8March 23, 2024 2:55 PM

It's an old story, but every time this utter moron comes up it gets a laugh! Those clickbait story cretins at Ladbible saying he went with "good intentions"! Like, who goes somewhere they have been told not to go to quite clearly, with "good intentions"?! Oh yeah, a religious moron. hahaha!

by Anonymousreply 9March 23, 2024 3:05 PM

[quote]and probably other members today weren't here in 2018

Wrong

by Anonymousreply 10March 23, 2024 3:06 PM

"He tasted like chicken"

by Anonymousreply 11March 23, 2024 3:08 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 23, 2024 3:10 PM

Dipshit. Arrogant as well. What's with these crazy ass evangelical types who want to force their beliefs on everyone?

by Anonymousreply 13March 23, 2024 3:10 PM

r9 Right? Trying to foist your religion on a group of people that have made it clear time and time again they don't want it counts as good intentions? I'm really not the one to scream "colonialism!" at every opportunity, but there's more than a whiff of Western chauvinism in that phrasing.

by Anonymousreply 14March 23, 2024 3:12 PM

I won't say he "deserved" to die, but will point out that this outcome was not only predictable, but highly probable to the point of inevitability. This was the most likely outcome.

It's illegal to go there.

He was going to proclaim "Jesus" to them - how? They don't speak English and he, nor anyone else, likely speaks the local language. If god could or would inspire them, why would he need to go at all? If it was a test for HIS faith, then he was going for utterly selfish reason. The trip was pointless.

by Anonymousreply 15March 23, 2024 3:12 PM

[quote] Geez, 6 years ? Time for a reboot, don't you think ?

Great idea. Maybe this time send someone to share rightwing memes with them? Surely he can convert them to MAGA….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 23, 2024 3:23 PM

He just wanted to share with them the joyous news that once you've heard of Christ, you're going straight to hell if you decline to convert. Isn't humanity beautiful?

by Anonymousreply 17March 23, 2024 3:30 PM

This is what every religious nut deserves.

by Anonymousreply 18March 23, 2024 3:33 PM

The perfect outcome for all religious proselytizing. Make it so!

by Anonymousreply 19March 23, 2024 3:45 PM

Is this guy from there?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 23, 2024 4:04 PM

Sounds like a Datalounger moving to Alabama

by Anonymousreply 21March 23, 2024 4:27 PM

..or that KPMG exec in Dallas. You hvae to beware of the natives. They can't help themselves.

by Anonymousreply 22March 23, 2024 4:28 PM

I tried to warn him... Cannibals love chicken

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 23, 2024 4:58 PM

OP is bumping old, uninteresting shit that has already played out.

by Anonymousreply 24March 23, 2024 5:00 PM

More should volunteer to go spread the word to these people, then get their throats slit, religion should be illegal.

by Anonymousreply 25March 23, 2024 5:01 PM

R24 is replying to old, uninteresting shit that has already played out.

by Anonymousreply 26March 23, 2024 5:04 PM

Thread fail

by Anonymousreply 27March 23, 2024 5:10 PM

Very old news.

by Anonymousreply 28March 23, 2024 8:10 PM

OP's next thread will be about this newfangled "coronavirus" over in Asia that has some people jittery.

by Anonymousreply 29March 23, 2024 8:30 PM

[Quote] I won't say he "deserved" to die

I, sure as fuck, will.

by Anonymousreply 30March 23, 2024 8:43 PM

This is also the same island that's going to be the new fire island.

by Anonymousreply 31March 23, 2024 8:49 PM

I feel like if DLers got together, we could storm that island and claim it as our own. 15 to 500 people isn't that much, we could take them. As long as that estimate is true, mind you.

by Anonymousreply 32March 23, 2024 9:02 PM

Explorer - It's what's for dinner.

by Anonymousreply 33March 23, 2024 9:41 PM

LadBible? Is that one of those Brit magazines for younger men?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 23, 2024 10:04 PM

Just one way to handle cannibal tribes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 24, 2024 1:46 AM

LAD Bible!? What is this SHIT! "RETARTED" ELDERGAY FUNDIES taking over DL?

by Anonymousreply 36March 24, 2024 1:55 AM

Upon arriving he told them he hadn't had a bite in weeks!

by Anonymousreply 37March 24, 2024 5:42 AM

Everybody has a death wish. Some are just more obvious than others.

by Anonymousreply 38March 24, 2024 8:34 AM

[quote] Everybody has a death wish.

Yes I admit it but it never works. My ex is still alive.

by Anonymousreply 39March 24, 2024 8:49 AM

Send all untalented reality TV stars there for a real Get Me Out Of Here experience.

by Anonymousreply 40March 24, 2024 8:51 AM

That article has so many holes in it. Is it even confirmed to be true? First of all the dead guy gives a first hand account of the attack on himself. How is that possible? It says the island is in the Indian Ocean yet later that he died in India. It says it’s an Island of cannibals yet the fisherman who took him there said he saw his body being buried by the shore. So they didn’t eat him?

Maybe this was an example of a first AI story all those years ago.

by Anonymousreply 41March 24, 2024 8:52 AM

Did they cook him with bottled or canned sauce?

He had to be simmered for hours if not days as Christian evangelicals are tough and stringy and take forever for the muscle fibers to break down.

Christian Missionaries, the new white meat.

by Anonymousreply 42March 24, 2024 12:26 PM

[quote]It says it’s an Island of cannibals yet the fisherman who took him there said he saw his body being buried by the shore.

They might have eaten his cock wrapped in his buns and buried the rest. Or they might only be into innards and nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 43March 24, 2024 12:31 PM

He would have definitely voted for Trump, so it all worked out in the end.

by Anonymousreply 44March 24, 2024 12:34 PM

R43, either way his body would not have been recognizable as his own after they butchered him. So the fisherman dropped him off and was still there hours later when they brought his butchered body to the shore to bury it? And do you really bury something you view as food? Usually you just shit it out.

by Anonymousreply 45March 24, 2024 1:06 PM

Eating people is highly problematic, couldn't we just send our Queers For Palestine over to these people to try and reason with them? I'll even volunteer to pack a lunch for them.

by Anonymousreply 46March 24, 2024 1:15 PM

Thank you, R17. Concise and spot on.

by Anonymousreply 47March 24, 2024 1:16 PM

They ARE the lunch, R46.

by Anonymousreply 48March 24, 2024 1:17 PM

I was not there.

by Anonymousreply 49March 24, 2024 1:19 PM

To Serve Man

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 24, 2024 2:44 PM

My god, people are dense and SO behind times, yes it's true dumbfuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51March 26, 2024 12:17 AM

They didn’t eat him?

by Anonymousreply 52March 26, 2024 12:44 AM

He landed on the cannibal beach with a canoe filled with Lunchables, and the cannibals were so appalled by his reckless spending, they ate him first.

by Anonymousreply 53March 26, 2024 1:28 AM

Just leave those people on the island the fuck alone. Good Lord.

by Anonymousreply 54March 26, 2024 1:47 AM

[quote]R41: That article has so many holes in it. Is it even confirmed to be true? First of all the dead guy gives a first hand account of the attack on himself. How is that possible? It says the island is in the Indian Ocean yet later that he died in India. It says it’s an Island of cannibals yet the fisherman who took him there said he saw his body being buried by the shore. So they didn’t eat him?

Yes, it's true.

Chau made three attempts to visit the Sentinelese, all with hostile responses. On the second attempt, he was shot by a native with a metal-tipped arrow. It was this attempt that he relayed in his blog.

Third time was the charm. They killed him and buried him on the beach. His body was not recovered.

He was completely batshit insane. Such evangelicals believe that Jesus cannot return until and unless the 'gospel' is preached to all people on Earth (cf. Matt. 24:14). So great is their desire to see the world judged and ended by fire (for that is the expected outcome of Jesus' return) that the loss of one's own life is considered a more than acceptable loss - they believe that such persons who are so killed will join a specially privileged class in Heaven, the martyrs, who wear crowns.

Madness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 26, 2024 6:21 AM

Stop throwing those bloody spears.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 26, 2024 7:06 PM

He had a hot and a surprisingly tasty ass, but he couldn't live forever

by Anonymousreply 57March 26, 2024 7:49 PM

He brought a football and a bible. How did it go wrong?

by Anonymousreply 58March 26, 2024 7:55 PM

r58 My sources tell me he made a mistake using the hanky code.

by Anonymousreply 59March 26, 2024 8:01 PM

Sometimes a larger penis can really help you out in social situations.

by Anonymousreply 60March 26, 2024 8:03 PM

His dad said his son was radicalized by the evangelical and missionary community and said they had tried in vain to get him away from those groups and convince him not to go.

by Anonymousreply 61March 26, 2024 8:11 PM

r58 - I could swear that when the story came out it was said that he used the Bible to deflect or stop an arrow on his second outing.

I'm so fascinated by this tribe. It would be incredible to learn more about their daily activities. I wonder if they can use higher altitude drones to surveil.

by Anonymousreply 62March 26, 2024 8:44 PM

It's absolutely insane to think there are people who will live their whole lives without having to see Taylor Swift or write an email or get an oil change or pay a bill! I envy them. It's weird to think how many people are just cloistered and not a part of society. I mean the Amish half assedly do this but yeah, of course those people who have only known each other their whole life would be defensive of their land and community.

by Anonymousreply 63March 26, 2024 10:33 PM

[quote]Why are you randomly starting another thread about this idiot, OP?

This butt plug seems to think that we all know about every single fucking post going back to when this site was a brain fart inside Muriel's fever dream.

by Anonymousreply 64March 26, 2024 10:43 PM

Why are you randomly starting another thread about this idiot, OP?

Frau scold alert!!!! Cunt face.

by Anonymousreply 65March 26, 2024 11:32 PM

I could care less he had it coming to him

by Anonymousreply 66March 26, 2024 11:40 PM

Did they drain his entrails?

by Anonymousreply 67March 26, 2024 11:42 PM

He wasn't even hot but this thread is funny as fuck!

At least if hell exists we'll all be going there, but i prefer the idea of Valhalla.

by Anonymousreply 68March 27, 2024 1:22 PM

Well you can rest assured that he ascended to his destiny in the Elysian Fields R68.

But I doubt the ending was less painful than his life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69March 27, 2024 2:05 PM

Did he expect them to speak English? Perhaps “I have good news” in their language sounds like “I’m delicious. Please eat me.”

by Anonymousreply 70March 27, 2024 2:11 PM

They buried the body? Seems a waste.

by Anonymousreply 71March 27, 2024 2:19 PM

I'm sure that you really could not, than could care less R66

by Anonymousreply 72March 27, 2024 7:10 PM

Whoever continues to perpetuate this thread must be very strange.

by Anonymousreply 73March 27, 2024 8:15 PM

Even scarier that his story is the one below at the link about the couple who were left behind in the ocean after going deep diving with a company taking groups of people out.

It was in Australia and they were left behind the day before the Australia Day public holiday. Unfortunately, no real work gets done properly before a public holiday, so the heartbreaking position they were left in would likely be down to slackness.

by Anonymousreply 74March 27, 2024 9:46 PM

Are there dry land patches in those Agincourt reefs? I know there are tiny islands in some parts of the barrier reefs.

by Anonymousreply 75March 28, 2024 9:19 AM

Why would he have to declare “God” to them? Coming from a culture of guns, hate, nuclear weapons, massive pollution which is causing global warming and probably destruction of their island. 🏝️

Shouldn’t they come to America and save him and his family or declare your God isn’t working for you people?

by Anonymousreply 76March 28, 2024 9:43 AM

what a maroon

RIP

by Anonymousreply 77March 28, 2024 10:35 AM

There is a documentary on Disney called: "The Mission". Faith + Narcissism = Death.

by Anonymousreply 78March 28, 2024 1:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!