Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump says there will be a 'bloodbath' if he loses the election

VANDALIA, Ohio — Former President Donald Trump vowed on Saturday that there would be a “bloodbath” if he’s not reelected in November.

The comments came at a rally here as Trump discussed the possibility of an increasing trade war with China over auto manufacturing. The rally was intended to get out the vote for Republican Senate candidate Bernie Moreno, whom Trump endorsed in December, ahead of Ohio’s primary on Tuesday.

“If you’re listening, President Xi — and you and I are friends — but he understands the way I deal. Those big monster car manufacturing plants that you’re building in Mexico right now…you’re going to not hire Americans and you’re going to sell the cars to us, no. We’re going to put a 100% tariff on every single car that comes across the line, and you’re not going to be able to sell those cars if I get elected,” Trump said.

"Now if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the whole — that’s gonna be the least of it," he added. "It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country. That will be the least of it. But they’re not going to sell those cars. They’re building massive factories.”

Later, he added, "If this election isn’t won, I’m not sure that you’ll ever have another election in this country."

In response to the former president’s comments, Trump campaign spokeswoman Karoline Leavitt told NBC News, “Biden’s policies will create an economic bloodbath for the auto industry and auto workers.”

James Singer, a spokesman for President Joe Biden’s campaign, issued a statement following Trump’s remarks, noting that former Vice President Mike Pence announced he will not endorse Trump’s reelection bid.

“This is who Donald Trump is: a loser who gets beat by over 7 million votes and then instead of appealing to a wider mainstream audience doubles down on his threats of political violence,” Singer said. “He wants another January 6, but the American people are going to give him another electoral defeat this November because they continue to reject his extremism, his affection for violence, and his thirst for revenge.”

Before he began speaking, the former president stood and saluted next to the lectern as “Justice for All,” by the “J6 choir“ of inmates awaiting trial for their roles in the insurrection played on the loud speakers.

He again referred to the people who are in prison for crimes committed in the Jan. 6 attack as “hostages.”

“They’ve been treated terribly and very unfairly and you know that and everybody knows that,” Trump said at the beginning of his speech. “And we’re going to be working on that as soon as the first day we get into office, we’re going to save our country, and we’re going to work with the people to treat those unbelievable patriots.”

At the event, Trump also said that some undocumented immigrants were “not people,” although he added that he was “not allowed to say that because the radical left says it’s a terrible thing to say.” He also told Catholics not to vote for Biden.

“Any Catholic that votes for this numbskull is crazy, because you are being persecuted,” Trump said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134April 8, 2024 1:20 AM

Are you fucking KIDDING me?

This asshole needs to be arrested.

NOW!

by Anonymousreply 1March 17, 2024 9:02 AM

Mein orange orangutan Fuhrer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 17, 2024 9:05 AM

Is that kind of inciting statement protected by the 1st Amendment?

by Anonymousreply 3March 17, 2024 9:40 AM

R3 here, trying to answer my own question- this is a helpful overview of incitement and the1st Amendment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 17, 2024 9:47 AM

The world’s most moronic psychopath will not get so much as a murmur when he loses…again. The only “election” this fool has ever “won,” was the EC in 2016. Everyone forgets his loss to Pat Buchanan in 2000 for the Reform Party nomination. Everything he touches turns to shit 💩. Facts. Fuckface VonClownstick 🤡needs to sit the fuck down and shut up.

by Anonymousreply 5March 17, 2024 9:51 AM

[quote]Trump says there will be a 'bloodbath' if he loses the election

I believe this 100% and this is what worries me most about the 2024 elections. What will they do if he loses again? He is already getting them ready and worked up like he did in 2020 and he wants them to do something much worse than the insurrection attempt.

And R3 - you would think so but Dump has proved that he can do anything and say anything and cause anything with zero repercussions. He was right when he said he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and nothing would happen. All that would happen is that his supporters would double down and become even more fanatical.

The only thing which will fix this whole mess is if he dies (natural causes I mean). As long as he's alive US democracy is in peril.

by Anonymousreply 6March 17, 2024 10:05 AM

He might have been R7 but what he said also applies to what will happen if he loses the election. We all know that. He's not just going to say "oh well, I lost what a bummer"...

by Anonymousreply 8March 17, 2024 10:36 AM

Right.

Like he said the stock market was going to crash if he lost in 2020...

by Anonymousreply 9March 17, 2024 10:41 AM

Anyone who follows a twitter account called "end wokeness" is not a serious person.

by Anonymousreply 10March 17, 2024 10:47 AM

Here we are in 2024, worried about which fucking word some old asshole used to describe a hypothetical shitty situation.

by Anonymousreply 11March 17, 2024 11:11 AM

[quote] Here we are in 2024, worried about which fucking word some old asshole used to describe a hypothetical shitty situation.

What in the fuck is wrong with you?

People who WEREN'T worried about Trump in 2016 were absolutely shitting bricks in 2021 when he threatened to start a motherfucking insurrection with his rabid dogs.

This person is a motherfucking LUNATIC.

Anyone who doesn't take the lunatic seriously, or who doesn't "worry" about the lunatic, is a moron.

Because this lunatic is eight months away from possibly being elected President of the United States again.

Every single fucking word of his must be taken seriously, and viewed as a reminder of how hard we must work to ensure that he DOES NOT win.

People like you are literally the dumbest people on Earth, because you just bury your head in the sand and pretend that nothing is wrong, when IN FACT our very future is at stake.

So if you are not going to take him seriously or worry about him, then just SHUT THE FUCK UP, because you are part of the problem R11.

by Anonymousreply 12March 17, 2024 11:20 AM

Every time he calls the domestic terrorists 'patriots' or 'hostages' he admits that what they did has his approval. I hope this is brought up in his insurrection trial.

He seems to be poking at the monster, just daring it to respond- certain that his legions of angels will swoop down and 'fight like hell' for him. But I think most U.S. Americans do not approve of what happened on Jan. 6th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 17, 2024 11:58 AM

I am feeling like the 2024 election will be the end of America. We will either have this psycho leading the country or his Nazi followers going around murdering people because he lost. And it is all because of Trump. I have never before witnessed someone inspire followers like this. He is Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 14March 17, 2024 1:27 PM

So it's only March and the disgusting rhetoric is wilfully amping up. Illegals are 'animals', J6 convicts are 'patriots' and 'hostages', and now he's predicting a 'bloodbath' if he loses. This at a time when Gaza and Ukraine daily show us real bloodbaths.

Part of him suspects he might lose again, another part acutely resents all the criminal cases against him. So the disgusting rhetoric represents a deeper degree of not caring: if all is to be lost, he can and will use the most inflammatory irresponsible words imaginable, like some sub-literate third reich pamphleteer. Tragically, so many again will see him as sticking it to the man. Encouraging more barely legal grotesquerie.

by Anonymousreply 15March 17, 2024 2:18 PM

Well said R12. I clearly remember R11 and the like posting here in 2016 who were absolutely adamant that there was LITERALLY NO WAY he could win and went out of their way to minimize and shit all over anyone who was worried that he might and what it might mean. Well, we all know what happened.

Someone on Meet the Press made an excellent point the other day; if Dump was to win again he wouldn't have to worry about his re-election chances because he can only serve one term and therefore could wreak untold havoc with no qualms - which is what he/they want to do. I hadn't thought of that and it's very worrying. Dump and all the conservative groups keep saying that they want to gut everything from the top down and install a completely altered institutional landscape to set up the future direction of the country. Groups like Project 2025 and Heritage Foundation et al. They've got a long list and gays are right up there at the top after abortion and more reproductive control.

Like R12 said - anyone who isn't worried is a stone cold idiot. Same goes for anyone who doesn't vote and then whines about the result but did nothing to prevent it. I still hope Biden will scrape in but I'm not going to lie about being extremely worried because the MAGAs are doggedly determined and they want blood. And some of the blood they want is ours because we got far too uppity.

by Anonymousreply 16March 17, 2024 3:05 PM

[quote]Trump discussed the possibility of an increasing trade war with China over auto manufacturing.

Remember when I posted that little exchange between DOOFUS and Elmo when Elmo went to MAGAt-slago and offered Emperor Orange assistance with his campaign contribution issues? Elmo is terrified of BYD making cars in Mexico. First, BYD knows how to make a better car. Second, the Chinese government is subsidizing the manufacturing of their cars in order to tilt the playing field (can you imagine what it will do to Tesla stock if BYD's better-made models are half the price of Elmo's crap?). Third, wait until president Xi orders the self-driving feature disabled (or worse, commandeered and driving them into each other, buildings, off any nearby cliff) on the American models and chaos ensues. It'll make conservatard's obsession with TikTok look like child's play.

by Anonymousreply 17March 17, 2024 3:38 PM

[quote]Trump discussed the possibility of an increasing trade war with China over auto manufacturing.

So is the European Union.

by Anonymousreply 18March 17, 2024 4:19 PM

[quote]He was talking about car manufacturing. Let's go to the videotape...

It is pathetic what NBC, CBS etc are doing there. But not surprising. Thanks for posting that.

by Anonymousreply 19March 17, 2024 4:24 PM

This hyperventilating about anything Trump says is counterproductive. It distracts from the truly bad stuff, which is worth repeating.

by Anonymousreply 20March 17, 2024 4:29 PM

[quote] if Dump was to win again he wouldn't have to worry about his re-election chances because he can only serve one term

Dictators and Autocrats do not serve only one term.

Look at Xi in China. Putin in Russia. Kim Jong Un in North Korea.

Trump has had a taste of Presidential power, and he is not likely to let it go a second time.

I think he intends to remain in power until he dies. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 21March 17, 2024 7:22 PM

I tried to tell everyone this year was going to be chaos with April being really bad, but in usual DL style I was made fun of.

by Anonymousreply 22March 17, 2024 7:25 PM

What was your prediction, R22?

Are you saying next month will be bad? Why?

by Anonymousreply 23March 17, 2024 7:27 PM

Yes R22 please say more.

by Anonymousreply 24March 17, 2024 8:03 PM

I just said this year was going to be a mess and next month would be chaos. Not sure why next month. Might have something to do with him announcing last night that there would be a bloodbath if he doesn't win. I just know it is going to be a strain on ALL of us to get thru this year.

by Anonymousreply 25March 17, 2024 8:06 PM

You have to "fight like hell", r7.

by Anonymousreply 26March 17, 2024 8:07 PM

Your only post in the thread, r7?

by Anonymousreply 27March 17, 2024 8:09 PM

Trump talks in code and sends a lot his messages to the MAGAS thru his speeches. He made it a point to say that if he didn't win it would be a bloodbath but just tried to make it look like he was adding it the car deal.

At this point how anyone can't see this and trusts Trump is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 28March 17, 2024 8:16 PM

Chinese cars are a thing?

by Anonymousreply 29March 17, 2024 8:30 PM

ITA R21

Prison or death are the only two ways the dumpire goes away.

by Anonymousreply 30March 17, 2024 8:53 PM

A lady loves him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 17, 2024 8:58 PM

Not a single car manufactured in China is sold in the United States. Not a single goddamn one, Donald.

A shitload are made in Mexico and Canada, and in non-union Southern states where the governors are crooks, but no Chinese-made automobile is sold in this country.

by Anonymousreply 32March 17, 2024 9:16 PM

^ Yet

by Anonymousreply 33March 17, 2024 9:26 PM

The Chinese cars are big in Russia. He must have gotten the US and the USSR mixed up

by Anonymousreply 34March 17, 2024 10:40 PM

Fuckface von Clownstick WILL lose this year - AGAIN. He's threatened huge demonstrations by the public before, like when he got arrested several times. No one did anything, there was no great outpouring of outrage. More anti-Dumpers seem to turn up. However, if it's a bloodbath that Fuckface really wants, I have no problem serving it to him. Let him have it and may God have mercy on his soul.

by Anonymousreply 35March 17, 2024 11:49 PM

[quote]This hyperventilating about anything Trump says is counterproductive. It distracts from the truly bad stuff, which is worth repeating.

What is the truly bad stuff other than Trump?

by Anonymousreply 36March 17, 2024 11:54 PM

LOL good. great opportunity to finally put all these crazy fucks behind bars or shoot them dead.

by Anonymousreply 37March 18, 2024 12:05 AM

GM moved its truck manufacturing to Mexico. The Silao plant is 26 million Square feet of Chevy SUV production. They moved there from Michigan in 1996. They pay 20 to 40 dollars a day and the workers consider the jobs very good secure employment. A college professor in Mexico with tenure doesn’t make but 30 dollars a day but they do get Bennie’s and retirement.

by Anonymousreply 38March 18, 2024 12:31 AM

Just remember that if Dump loses, which I believe he will, he will have no power to do anything. Last time he was the president. This time the power lies with the Biden Administration.

by Anonymousreply 39March 18, 2024 12:43 AM

Lock. Him. Up. (after his trials, obv)

by Anonymousreply 40March 18, 2024 12:46 AM

There are people still dumb enough to support him but I don't think many of them are willing to lay down their lives for him anymore.

by Anonymousreply 41March 18, 2024 12:47 AM

OH look. Another Trump thread.

by Anonymousreply 42March 18, 2024 12:54 AM

What do the Deplorables actually think Turd will DO for them? Are they still under the delusion that the good Obama economy he inherited was his? Because I hear that all the time: "Life was so good then...". Vague references to, "He did a lot of good things" but they can't name them.

I think the darker motivation is they want a totally conservative SCOTUS/House/Senate/judicial system who will deliver them the straight, white, Anglo-Saxon Christian country they long for.

by Anonymousreply 43March 18, 2024 2:02 AM

[quote] OH look. Another Trump thread

Oh look, another nazi trying to stifle conversation on orange hitler

by Anonymousreply 44March 18, 2024 2:11 AM

I still do not understand how people can support him? The whole election lie, the insurrection, all of the criminal charges and he still is the only GOP candidate?

by Anonymousreply 45March 18, 2024 2:16 AM

He was talking about the auto industry if he loses.

by Anonymousreply 46March 18, 2024 2:22 AM

[quote] the straight, white, Anglo-Saxon Christian country

Straight, white, and Christian, certainly, but very few of his followers have Anglo-Saxon ancestors. British Isles, yes, but mainly from the Scots-Irish who spread over Appalachia and the South.

by Anonymousreply 47March 18, 2024 2:25 AM

Sorry, but he knew what he was doing. He is just repeating the same mantra when it was Toyota, Nissan and Honda. It is an empty threat. He has said he would put a 100% tariff on all Chinese goods. Do you see how well that last trade war did? He spent trillions keeping farmers alive because the biggest buyer of US farm goods is guess who? China (and Mexico). Do you know who is at the biggest risk from China regarding Autos? Tesla. BYD makes just as good, if not better EVs than Tesla, has faster charging speeds and has perfected whole battery swaps (where you pull in they take your old battery and put in a fully charged new one). It's pandering. If he did that, it would be disastrous for the US economy..you know the one he wrecked last time and Biden turned around? Jesus, how do people buy the shit that spews out of his mouth?

by Anonymousreply 48March 18, 2024 2:35 AM

SPOILER: it’s his own.

by Anonymousreply 49March 18, 2024 2:37 AM

There already was one when he lost, on Jan 6, 2021.

by Anonymousreply 50March 18, 2024 2:38 AM

If it's his own then I have no problem with it. Carry on, Fuckface von Clownstick.

by Anonymousreply 51March 18, 2024 2:44 AM

Bless your heart, r46.

by Anonymousreply 52March 18, 2024 2:44 AM

Oh I see if I don’t think like the op here my post is deleted.

by Anonymousreply 53March 18, 2024 2:49 AM

He's going to lose and there will be no bloodbath. Just like there was no massive uprising when he was arrested several times. He exhorted his minions to congregate and defend his honor but it was a fart in the wind. Only a handful showed up and they were ashamed to show their faces. January Sixth is a cautionary tale for MAGATS. They won't do it again. At least not in those numbers and not at the Capitol.

by Anonymousreply 54March 18, 2024 2:49 AM

Instead of impotent whining, try posting it again R53. I'll bet it was more of a glitch than a deletion. People post all kinds of idiotic opinions here, few are deleted.

by Anonymousreply 55March 18, 2024 2:53 AM

Posted twice both deleted

by Anonymousreply 56March 18, 2024 2:57 AM

Did you block yourself?

by Anonymousreply 57March 18, 2024 3:15 AM

Methinks operator error.

by Anonymousreply 58March 18, 2024 3:18 AM

The problem is between the chair and the computer

by Anonymousreply 59March 18, 2024 6:02 AM

I do think that when (not if) dump loses, the Repugs will go into full terrorism mode, and start shooting and blowing things up

by Anonymousreply 60March 18, 2024 6:04 AM

People on both sides take democracy for granted and continue to do so.I'm old and don't care as much.This election will be a unique event to witness like The Crucifixion but we are the ones being crucified.

by Anonymousreply 61March 18, 2024 3:58 PM

[quote]What do the Deplorables actually think Turd will DO for them?

You pretty much answered your own question R43, but I'd add that the deplorables are mostly satisfied with Trump hating the same people they do and since he'll say it out loud, it gives them permission to be as obnoxious, prejudiced and bigoted as they want — with no repercussions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62March 18, 2024 5:50 PM

R60 Let them try. The laws are not going to change. They will end up in prison or dead.

by Anonymousreply 63March 18, 2024 5:59 PM

R27, R7 is the jackass who keeps posting "another Trump thread" so it should be no surprise that he's defending Emperor Orange once again.

That said, R7, let's put Trump's comment in context (as you on the right are so eager to do when he says something so outrageous that it actually gets the media's fawning attention):

He opened his speech by saluting the J6 criminals, singing along with their version of the national anthem.

He called them "hostages" and for the release of these violent cop-killing insurrectionists, promising that he'd pardon the lot of them on day 1.

He called for mass detention camps (for the people who the deplorables hate).

He said immigrants are animals and "not people" and "not human."

And that was all just in the same speech.

But I will agree that it's often hard to discern what he's saying given his dementia-addled brain, inability to form a complete sentence, and grating voice punctuated by the constant Adderall-sniffs, odd sighs, and rambling tangents interspersed with odd thoughts seemingly out of nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 64March 18, 2024 6:06 PM

[quote] [R60] Let them try. The laws are not going to change. They will end up in prison or dead.

True, but they will take a lot of real people with them

by Anonymousreply 65March 18, 2024 8:36 PM

I think the size of his lunatic fringe is much smaller than we think.

by Anonymousreply 66March 18, 2024 8:52 PM

The Racist Rapist always has such kind things to say.

by Anonymousreply 67March 18, 2024 8:52 PM

[quote] I think the size of his lunatic fringe is much smaller than we think.

How many terrorists does it take?

by Anonymousreply 68March 18, 2024 9:10 PM

Republicans are trying to spin this one like never before.

by Anonymousreply 70March 18, 2024 11:55 PM

There’s a fine line between spinning and lying

by Anonymousreply 71March 19, 2024 12:26 AM

Your only post in the thread, r69?

by Anonymousreply 72March 19, 2024 12:37 AM

R69 Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 73March 19, 2024 12:50 AM

With Fox Noise, the Wall Street Toilet Paper, NoiseMax, One America Noise... I can see why no one trusts "the news".

by Anonymousreply 74March 19, 2024 12:57 AM

You don't seem very bright, r73.

by Anonymousreply 75March 19, 2024 1:03 AM

[quote]Trump speaks unambiguously ( for him ) about the auto industry...

What everyone is missing is why Emperor Orange was talking about the auto industry at all. The auto industry is just fine, thank you; it's that BYD is working on making cars in Mexico for import to the US (mostly due to the tariffs on Asian imports) that has Elmo all hot and bothered and offering to cover Trump's "expenses" if he promises to slap Mexican imports with a 100% tariff to keep Tesla competitive. Seen Tesla's stock price recently? It's down 40% from its 52-week high.

Elmo is all in on Trump. Go read the Xeet he issued on the 15th regarding a "red wave".

2 + 2 = 4.

by Anonymousreply 76March 19, 2024 1:05 AM

R75 Yeah, right. OK.

Try harder

by Anonymousreply 77March 19, 2024 1:05 AM

[quote]The auto industry is just fine, thank you

All American car companies are having trouble selling EVs right now. The last thing they need is competition from China.

by Anonymousreply 78March 19, 2024 1:13 AM

Try harder at *what*, r77? I'm just calling you out on agreeing with r69.

[quote]Trump speaks unambiguously ( for him ) about the auto industry and the media buries the part about cars, slanting it instead into a new Fort Sumter.

No, r69, Trump speaks in code. "Fight like hell or you won't have a country". The media isn't burying anything. But if you two want to keep coming to Trump's defense...well...you do you.

by Anonymousreply 79March 19, 2024 1:43 AM

r32

[quote]Not a single car manufactured in China is sold in the United States. Not a single goddamn one, Donald. A shitload are made in Mexico and Canada, and in non-union Southern states where the governors are crooks, but no Chinese-made automobile is sold in this country.

Not true. The Polestar 2 is built in China for the world. Some early Polestar 3s may be sourced from China as well, but most will be built in a new South Carolina plant.

by Anonymousreply 80March 19, 2024 2:04 AM

Also the Buick Envision, Lincoln Nautilus, Volvo S90.

by Anonymousreply 81March 19, 2024 2:06 AM

[quote]No, [R69], Trump speaks in code. "Fight like hell or you won't have a country". The media isn't burying anything.

No, you're wrong.

The media cut off the rest of his thought and the context of his remark.

That is not defending Trump. It's pointing out dishonest journalism.

by Anonymousreply 82March 19, 2024 2:09 AM

The only bloodbath will be his cult followers slashing their wrists.

by Anonymousreply 83March 19, 2024 2:09 AM

[quote]Try harder at *what*, [R77]? I'm just calling you out on agreeing with [R69].

I was agreeing with him because he is correct.

by Anonymousreply 84March 19, 2024 2:10 AM

[quote]It's pointing out dishonest journalism

Take *that* up with FOX, r82.

by Anonymousreply 85March 19, 2024 2:18 AM

R85 The discussion is not about Fox.

by Anonymousreply 86March 19, 2024 2:21 AM

Right, r86...*have* to keep it bothsides, don't we?

by Anonymousreply 87March 19, 2024 2:24 AM

R87 Please watch the following video. The Young Turks are hardly Trump supporters.

Not everyone thinks like a 14 year old fangirl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88March 19, 2024 2:29 AM

You guys are arguing with invisible (for me) posters.

by Anonymousreply 89March 19, 2024 2:32 AM

[quote]All American car companies are having trouble selling EVs right now.

Trump didn't mention EVs. He blathered on about the auto industry, and blather was all it was. It's part of why "dishonest journalism" (a moniker with which I would disagree) focused on the context of the remark rather than, as you suppose, the auto industry. The context was, as I wrote at R64, anti-American and anti-America, for you cannot be anything but anti-America(n) if you think that J6 insurrectionists are anything other than traitors.

by Anonymousreply 90March 19, 2024 2:50 AM

[quote]Trump didn't mention EVs

Once again you show your stupidity.

"Those big monster car manufacturing plants that you’re building in Mexico right now…"

What car manufacturing plants is China planing to build in Mexico?

Reuters Feb 14th: "China's BYD Co Ltd will set up a new electric vehicle (EV) factory in Mexico, Nikkei reported on Wednesday, citing the company's Mexico head, as the EV maker aims to establish an export hub to the United States."

by Anonymousreply 91March 19, 2024 2:57 AM

^planning

by Anonymousreply 92March 19, 2024 3:01 AM

Even Republicans Were Shocked And Disgusted By Trump's Bloodbath Comment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93March 19, 2024 2:23 PM

[quote]Once again you show your stupidity.

Oh honey, remember glass houses?

You and I know that he was talking about EVs but Emperor Orange's followers couldn't tell you what company was building a factory in Mexico and what company is bankrupt, so bankrupt in fact that it cannot even come up with $100 million to cover EO's bond. You're expecting people who can barely read to consider Reuters? They stopped at Scholastic.

To wit:

[quote]His campaign rhetoric repeats his basic narratives with small variations — a tactic of successful propaganda. His speech in Ohio is a good example. Here is the complete passage of his remarks:

[quote]We’re going to put a 100% tariff on every single car that comes across the line, and [China is] not going to be able to sell those cars if I get elected. Now if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the whole — that’s gonna be the least of it. It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country; that will be the least of it. But they’re not going to sell those cars.

[quote]Perhaps the initial reference is to the car business, but he leaves out the word “industry” in the first, fragmentary description of the “bloodbath,” so the audience can fill in the larger consequences for the whole. Then he invokes previous warnings of apocalyptic outcomes for America, such as terrorist attacks. The implication is clear: challenges for the car industry will “be the least of” the country’s problems “if I don’t get elected.”

Stop defending Trump. It is the end of America and the end of liberal democracy should he win, and maybe even if he doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 94March 19, 2024 3:17 PM

Put your tiny hand down! - Judge Judy

by Anonymousreply 95March 19, 2024 3:33 PM

[quote]Stop defending Trump.

*sigh*

You really, really don't get it.

Watch the first few minutes of the video at R88.

Are they defending Trump?

by Anonymousreply 96March 19, 2024 8:01 PM

All a big lie. But that’s ok, never mind you are the dupe, eh. Propaganda tastes good.

by Anonymousreply 97March 20, 2024 12:29 AM

Wow the Nazis are spinning this hard

by Anonymousreply 98March 20, 2024 1:02 AM

No body understans! Donild Tromp is a God, sent from heven above. Why are the jews not folllowing the word of God?! They are put on this earth to bring the apokolipse on! The must give up their lives in a fierly pit so that all of us beleevers can assend to heaven! And then, Donold gets to chooze the 12 most truly true beleevers to make love to, on a golden toylet! I trooly beleeve it will be me, and not my dum sister-in-law, Carmela!

by Anonymousreply 99March 20, 2024 1:14 AM

[quote]You really, really don't get it.

I don't need to hear what Cenk Uygur has to say about it. I can surmise that Cenk is playing his usual moral superiority game. Nuance does not matter when it comes to Trump and MAGAts; they don't do nuance, and we're wasting time.

The quote I included at R94 acknowledges the nuanced view that Trump was talking about the auto industry, but how he said it (including the vocal intonations and the omission of specific words and qualifiers) makes it fair game to use his words against him.

This is the first time this election cycle in which the Democrats have [italic]finally[/italic] started fighting back. And the sad thing is that it is just a beginning. We have to throw everything at Trump and the Republicans. And yes, even if it's intellectually dishonest.

Look, I applauded when Michelle Obama said "when they go low, we go high., but we have all seen how well that's worked out. Do I need to start listing examples of how we've retained our moral superiority while they have been put in charge to disastrous results?

It's time to fight fire with fire.

If there's anyone who really, really doesn't get it, it's you, R96.

by Anonymousreply 100March 20, 2024 2:16 AM

{quote]I don't need to hear what Cenk Uygur has to say about it. I can surmise that Cenk is playing his usual moral superiority game.

Typical.

I asked: "Are they defending Trump?" A simple question.

And of course there is no answer, because you have no argument. So you switch to talking about Uygur's character. So typical.

The media reporting about the 'bloodbath' comment was dishonest, but because you're dumb, you equate pointing that out with being a Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 101March 20, 2024 2:39 AM

[quote]I don't need to hear what Cenk Uygur has to say about it. I can surmise that Cenk is playing his usual moral superiority game.

Typical.

I asked: "Are they defending Trump?" A simple question.

And of course there is no answer, because you have no argument. So you switch to talking about Uygur's character. So typical.

The media reporting about the 'bloodbath' comment was dishonest, but because you're dumb, you equate pointing that out with being a Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 102March 20, 2024 2:39 AM

Because I'm dumb? No, it's because there has been no level playing field when it comes to anything and everything Trump. He's been given literally every advantage one can, whether it's his inability to form a complete sentence, his inability to show empathy, his inability to do anything that is good for the American people, his inability to lead. If anything, the media was once again showing their conservative bias by [italic]not[/italic] roasting him on his own petard, and only slowly acknowledging his intellectual failure when the Democrats finally started to use Trump's words against him.

To put a fine point on it, if Biden had made this comment in the same context (given that Biden has, in fact, been the first POTUS to walk the picket line in solidarity with UAW strikers), the media would roast him to the point he was nothing but a charred smoldering hunk of meat.

But being a typical Trump supporter, you won't admit that. And I don't even have to call you dumb to point that out.

by Anonymousreply 103March 20, 2024 3:52 PM

I was referring to Megyn Kelly

by Anonymousreply 104March 20, 2024 4:57 PM

R103 Watch the first few minutes of the video at [R88].

Are they defending Trump?

by Anonymousreply 105March 20, 2024 6:20 PM

Just in the last week, three additional examples of the mode covering for Joe., none I think mentioned here as they occurred,

1) To give him a better chance of being able to actually fight the Air Force One step they bought him new anti slip shoes, and it still didn't work. The first day or two he nearly face planted yet again.

2 How racist it was for Trump to say to Jews hate Judaism if they vote for Biden. As usual Trump lays it on too think while the White House and press whip him with the quote. While ever single outlet maintains it's amnesia about "Joe Biden has been criticised after saying,'If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black'. The former vice-president made the comment in an interview with Charlamagne tha God, a co-host of the radio show 'The Breakfast Club'.

And my favorite. I laughed out loud when I heard it.

3) Biden caught saying he and Netanyahu need to have ‘come to Jesus meeting’

Comments captured on hot mic after State of the Union address point to US president’s growing frustration with Israeli leader. I wonder if Joe could even explain why this is no longer PC but would have been taken as proof of cultural ignorance if suggested by Trump.

Biden then responds using Netanyahu’s nickname, saying: “I told him, Bibi, and don’t repeat this, but you and I are going to have a ‘come to Jesus’ meeting.”

An aide to the president standing nearby then speaks quietly into the president’s ear, appearing to alert Biden that microphones remained on as he worked the room.

“I’m on a hot mic here,” Biden says after being alerted.

4 )Biden asks staffer for permission to take questions at Michigan event before reporters are ushered away, as likewise is Joe.

On Monday, after concluding his remarks to an audience at the New Hampshire Democratic headquarters in Manchester, the commander-in-chief asked, “Am I allowed to take any questions?”

“Anybody here a sta–” Biden went on, apparently about to say “staff” before trailing off, as the crowd laughed.

A staffer quickly interjected, “Thank you, press,” before the camera feed covering the event cut out.

And the week ain't over.

----------------

And it won't matter what Cenk Uygu or the polls about media trustworthiness may say, The rules and "ethics" for the battlefield has been chose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106March 20, 2024 8:33 PM

I just watched a British astrologer on YouTube. She was reading Tarot cards. All the cards predicted complete financial destruction and even death for Trump. She was claiming he's hiding a heart condition and all his legal and money woes and the stress/anxiety they are causing, are going to cause him to croak in 2024. What if that happened? Who would be the nominee, and would Biden stay in?

by Anonymousreply 107March 20, 2024 8:48 PM

I like the sound of that.

by Anonymousreply 108March 20, 2024 8:51 PM

R108 Watch this. She seems legit. Kick the playback speed up to 1.5.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109March 20, 2024 9:26 PM

[quote]She seems legit

You [bold]can't[/bold] be serious R109. Are you intellectually handicapped?

by Anonymousreply 110March 21, 2024 3:07 AM

[quote]All the cards predicted complete financial destruction and even death for Trump.

The fact that she's predicting what millions long to hear doesn't mean it's not great to think about and hope for.

by Anonymousreply 111March 21, 2024 8:16 AM

As long as it's his blood in his bath I see no problem with this.

by Anonymousreply 112March 21, 2024 11:14 PM

Yes and the blood bath will be these bat shit crazy maga idiots as they face real consequences for their criminal behavior

by Anonymousreply 113March 21, 2024 11:21 PM

Well, the thing is they're expecting a reception akin to Jan Sixth. They're very much mistaken.

We will Ashli fucking Babbit the lot of them without a moment's regret or hesitation. They killed and tortured cops the last time, they won't have that opportunity again.

by Anonymousreply 114March 21, 2024 11:55 PM

Was Ashli Babbit's corpse buried or was she cremated?

by Anonymousreply 115March 24, 2024 10:01 PM

R116, you’re being deliberately obtuse. Or ignorantly.

by Anonymousreply 117March 24, 2024 10:53 PM

Btw, I’ve blocked the MAGAT at r116. Do yourself a favor and give him the boot.

by Anonymousreply 119March 24, 2024 11:47 PM

Miss Lindzey, releasing this from your ass does not make you a new unwed mom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120March 28, 2024 11:14 PM

He doubled down, apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121April 3, 2024 1:56 AM

Look at all those fat cunts standing behind him laughing it up.

by Anonymousreply 122April 3, 2024 3:00 AM

Fascists, one and all.

by Anonymousreply 123April 3, 2024 3:48 PM

He means in Ukraine. He'll hand them over on day 1 and Putin will slaughter them.

by Anonymousreply 124April 5, 2024 10:37 PM

Stinky Trump —. MAGA bitches & Lady Lindzebelle must adore his smell.

by Anonymousreply 125April 6, 2024 12:26 AM

Too right, R124. Then the less crazy MAGATs will pretend they had no idea that Fuckface von Clownstick would do that! Still, their dictator for life must have secret knowledge that they don't have access to so they'll defend his insanity anyway.

by Anonymousreply 126April 6, 2024 6:35 AM

I hope it’s his own. And no one comes to help.

by Anonymousreply 127April 6, 2024 7:12 AM

MAGA idealization of Putin is exceptionally disturbing. Those nitwits are delusional. Their vulnerability to extreme right wing propaganda is terrifying. The lack of critical thinking skills in the populace is alarming.

by Anonymousreply 128April 6, 2024 2:04 PM

Dowd column today -- check it out. No paywall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129April 6, 2024 2:09 PM

Good to see Dowd can write something that’s not Hillary, or even Bill, bashing.

by Anonymousreply 130April 6, 2024 3:32 PM

Trump is leading in battleground states? What, more polls?

by Anonymousreply 131April 6, 2024 3:51 PM

Sure Jan. There's going to be a bloodbath when he loses just like there were thousands in the streets every time he was arrested and/or booked. Nobody showed up for him. No one's going to create a bloodbath just because he's a loser. He's delusional.

by Anonymousreply 132April 6, 2024 8:35 PM

[quote]No one's going to create a bloodbath just because he's a loser. He's delusional.

But in his waste of a brain J6 was his finest hour. He's nostalgic for seeing his lust for power play out in the crudest way possible. He thinks his idealised mob bosses and Putin respected him for it. Fostering the word 'bloodbath' and all it means to him and his brainless cultists excites and energises him.

by Anonymousreply 133April 7, 2024 9:23 AM

Well he can jerk it to the memory while he rots in jail or gets years of house arrest in houses he won't own anymore. He'll have to downsize. That, or he can move in with DJTJ and I forget her name. "The BEST IS YET TO COME" hag. It could also be Eric and Lara's job to take him in. No way Ivanka welcomes him into her house with Jared. She hasn't gotten her social standing back from her years in the White House by a looooong way. Of course Melania and Barron won't be involved, they won't live with him.

I used to picture them all living in the 666 building Jared couldn't unload for a long time. Then I could see them wandering around Mar a Lago as it crumbles around their ears over many years. Just them, alone with each other, blaming each other for their downfall.

It's feel good fantasizing.

by Anonymousreply 134April 8, 2024 1:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!