Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince William pulls out of scheduled appearance over personal matter

Since Kate Middleton returned home to Windsor to recover from abdominal surgery, Prince William has carried out select public engagements while also focusing his family. However, today the Prince was unexpectedly forced to pull out of a planned appearance at a Thanksgiving Service, with the Palace citing a personal matter as the reason.

Prince William was scheduled to join Queen Camilla and other royals for a service at St George’s Chapel, Windsor this morning to celebrate the life of King Constantine of the Hellenes, who died last January and was William’s godfather. But just before the service began Kensington Palace let reporters know that William would not be going due to a personal matter. It is understood the Prince called King Constantine’s family personally to let them know.

Given the concern over Kate and the likelihood of speculation that this could have something to do with her recovery, a Palace aide added that she “continues to be doing well.” The Princess has not been seen publicly since her surgery, which took place at the London Clinic on January 16. Her last public appearance was on Christmas Day last year when the royal family walked to church from Sandringham House.

Kensington Palace has made it clear that they do not intend to give regular updates on her recovery. They said when her surgery was announced, the day after it took place, that she was unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter. Kate has chosen not to make her condition public, with the Palace saying,"She hopes that the public will understand her desire to maintain as much normality for her children as possible; and her wish that her personal medical information remains private.”

The news came at the same time as King Charles was forced to pull out of public engagements due to being treated for an undisclosed form of cancer. Queen Camilla has continued with a busy program. Prince William has carried out some engagements, including investitures, but he has modified his timetable to support his young family. His last appearance was at the BAFTAs on Sunday evening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513April 1, 2024 4:45 PM

It seems like everyone else attended the service.

Princess Anne is really stepping up to the leadership role.

She should have been Queen, after her mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 27, 2024 3:25 PM

Princess Marie-Chantal and Prince Pavlos of Greece.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 27, 2024 3:27 PM

King Felipe and Letizia of Spain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 27, 2024 3:27 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 27, 2024 3:30 PM

Andrew and Fergie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 27, 2024 3:34 PM

R1,

Many people think Anne would have been a great Queen, but the line of succession is not a popularity contest. Unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 6February 27, 2024 4:06 PM

Tim Laurence has really aged well.

by Anonymousreply 7February 27, 2024 4:29 PM

Only God ordains who should be Queen. And of course, that will be me.

by Anonymousreply 8February 27, 2024 4:35 PM

[quote] Only God ordains who should be Queen. And of course, that will be me.

[quote] —The Princess Charlotte

I'm the only QUEEN in this family, you usurper bitch!

Don't make me send you to the Tower!

by Anonymousreply 9February 27, 2024 4:46 PM

Sad last days.

by Anonymousreply 10February 27, 2024 5:22 PM

Thomas Kingston: Husband of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent's daughter has died

Mr Kingston, 45, married Lady Gabriella Windsor in 2019 at St George's Chapel, in Windsor Castle.

Thomas Kingston, the husband of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent's daughter Lady Gabriella Kingston, has died suddenly aged 45.

A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said: "The King and the Queen have been informed of Thomas's death and join Prince and Princess Michael of Kent and all those who knew him in grieving a much-loved member of the family.

"In particular, Their Majesties send their most heartfelt thoughts and prayers to Gabriella and to all the Kingston family."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 27, 2024 5:43 PM

That's sad, they haven't been married long at all. The Independent story said he was "found dead," wonder what happened?

by Anonymousreply 12February 27, 2024 5:46 PM

She got another abortion.

by Anonymousreply 13February 27, 2024 5:51 PM

I started a thread for Lady Gabriella's husband so R13 etc. can continue the non sequiturs here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 27, 2024 5:59 PM

It’s nice to see Fergie back in the fold, I thought she looked great at the service.

by Anonymousreply 15February 27, 2024 7:23 PM

Nice to see Lady Sarah stepping up, alongside Counsellors of State Beatrice and Anne.

Sarah, and to a lesser extent Zara, are said to be among the family's most beloved and even-tempered members. Everyone loves them and likes having them around at family functions. Yet they're also among the few in the family without an HRH.

by Anonymousreply 16February 27, 2024 7:53 PM

[quote] Thomas Kingston: Husband of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent's daughter has died

Too bad it wasn't the old racist BAG!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 27, 2024 8:22 PM

R16,

Constantine lived in the UK for decades after being overthrown, and was close to the royal family as a cousin of Prince Philip. They were not stepping up, they were paying their respects like any family member would.

by Anonymousreply 18February 27, 2024 8:26 PM

[quote] Constantine lived in the UK for decades after being overthrown, and was close to the royal family as a cousin of Prince Philip. They were not stepping up, they were paying their respects like any family member would.

Which makes it even stranger that William didn't attend the service.

Does anyone here know why?

by Anonymousreply 19February 27, 2024 8:29 PM

William should have pulled out after George was born.

by Anonymousreply 20February 27, 2024 9:00 PM

Keep talking, Yankee boy.

by Anonymousreply 21February 27, 2024 9:07 PM

Whatever possessed Marie Chantal to dress in red (well, burgundy)? It's out of place.

Eugenie and husband must be in Portugal.

by Anonymousreply 22February 27, 2024 10:49 PM

Good lord, why do they let Fergie go out with such ill-fitting clothes & that Miss Clairol dye job. She's always been a bit of a hefty lass - nothing wrong with that - but surely Edo can get her a tailored coat and a nice haircut.

by Anonymousreply 23February 27, 2024 11:00 PM

I'll say this, those women were taught well ages ago... did anyone else notice the itty bitty heals on their shoes? Jesus, how did Bea not twist an ankle?!

by Anonymousreply 24February 27, 2024 11:57 PM

I think he backed out when he learned that his sleazy uncle Andrew would be making a prominent appearance. He doesn’t want to be seen with him if he can help it.

by Anonymousreply 25February 28, 2024 3:46 AM

It's very likely that William couldn't attend the event due to a parental related issues. William and Kate are very hands on parents and I believe no longer have a live-in nanny. Probably one of the kids needs to go to the doctor or dentist or something and with Kate down for the count, William handled it. It's been reported that regardless of the King's illness, William's priority remains Kate and his children.

by Anonymousreply 26February 28, 2024 4:23 AM

I thought the whole thing was a code for a suicide attempt. She overdosed, had her stomach pumped, spent two weeks in a psych ward and the two nurses are to monitor and keep her safe.

by Anonymousreply 27February 28, 2024 4:54 AM

[quote]r26 Probably one of the kids needs to go to the doctor or dentist or something and with Kate down for the count, William handled it.

Yes, he probably had to run the kiddo to an appointment. After all, no dentist or doctor or ANYONE would give the likes of that totally unknown family an alternate slot, simply because one had to attend a sudden family funeral.

Perfectly understandable.

by Anonymousreply 28February 28, 2024 5:15 AM

R27 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 29February 28, 2024 7:12 AM

it feels like this is either something really bad (cancer, colostomy, etc) or tawdry (Will & Kate are secret full time junkies and have been for years or some shit like that)

by Anonymousreply 30February 28, 2024 7:20 AM

They’re not interesting enough people to be junkies, really.

by Anonymousreply 31February 28, 2024 7:23 AM

I would like them more if they were junkies. They're so perfect and boring.

by Anonymousreply 32February 28, 2024 7:25 AM

I say Ovarian Cancer. You don't stay in hospitals that long these days unless it's really serious. Especially when you are still relatively young.

by Anonymousreply 33February 28, 2024 7:55 AM

If both the downward spiraling Charles and Kate die, would William marry Camilla just to keep things constant and familiar for the kiddos?

I would actually respect that.

by Anonymousreply 34February 28, 2024 8:01 AM

If William had been able to attend, I'm not sure Andrew's presence would have deterred him. Camilla slipped into the Service discreetly at another entrance, and William could have done so too. No need either to be anywhere near Andrew inside, given the many Royals who turned out.

by Anonymousreply 35February 28, 2024 8:04 AM

Something very funky is going on with Kate.

They're being very secretive about her condition, and William has cancelled numerous engagements because of it.

I have a feeling that it's something much more serious than they're letting on.

by Anonymousreply 36February 28, 2024 8:11 AM

[quote]R36 They're being very secretive about her condition

It might be something criminal, and they’re closing ranks to protect her.

by Anonymousreply 37February 28, 2024 8:15 AM

She’s being treated for anorexia/bulimia and all that entails, perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 38February 28, 2024 8:26 AM

Karen Carpenter syndrome maybe?

by Anonymousreply 39February 28, 2024 8:28 AM

Karma for how he treated his brother. It's not easy being called the spare all of your life with nothing in return.

by Anonymousreply 40February 28, 2024 8:29 AM

R40 grow up. His brother was given a better lifestyle and more opportunities than 99% of the population. William can't help his position in the line of succession. Not even Diana could have kept her legs closed 3 years

by Anonymousreply 41February 28, 2024 8:38 AM

Irrelevant R41. Prince Harry can't help his position ether but unlike his brother, tormented by the British public and ostracized by the Royal family. The only thing worse would be the poor bloody tampon used by a dried up horse faced Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 42February 28, 2024 8:46 AM

R42 Prince Harry was much more popular here in the UK based on his public image as the happy-go-lucky man of the people as opposed to his stuffy brother. Until the wheels came off of course and he exposed what he's really like, and behaved quite awfully. That's why he's no longer popular with us hoi polloi

by Anonymousreply 43February 28, 2024 8:50 AM

[quote]r39 Karen Carpenter syndrome maybe?

Slimmers Disease

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44February 28, 2024 9:07 AM

Nobody is being secretive, it’s nobody else’s god damn buisness.

by Anonymousreply 45February 28, 2024 1:44 PM

Actually it is, R45.

The business of the British Royal family IS the business of the State.

They are subsidized by the State.

So fuck right off, you cunt.

by Anonymousreply 46February 28, 2024 1:46 PM

State subsidies aside, do you really want to know or care what ails the PoW?

by Anonymousreply 47February 28, 2024 2:22 PM

R47 Male Pattern Baldness.

by Anonymousreply 48February 28, 2024 2:24 PM

Well, r47, if you take these threads and the rest of the internet into account—a resounding YES.

by Anonymousreply 49February 28, 2024 2:28 PM

R46, they are not subsidised by the state. Moreover, nosy, interfering people does not equal the state. The official institutions and officers of the state are sufficiently informed.

by Anonymousreply 50February 28, 2024 2:31 PM

Talking of the British state, today Harry lost his attempt to get the British state to fully fund him for something he has no right to.

[quote]Prince Harry loses High Court challenge over UK security levels

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51February 28, 2024 2:33 PM

Personal reasons aka Pegging mishap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 28, 2024 2:37 PM

Kate and ectopic pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 53February 28, 2024 2:39 PM

The thing is, none of these guesses results in a hospital stay of two weeks. I’m curious as well as to why Kate hasn’t made a token appearance, if only to reassure the public and stop some of the gossip. But it’s definitely within her rights if she doesn’t want to reveal anything, no matter how nosy the public is (and we’re very nosy, me included).

by Anonymousreply 54February 28, 2024 2:42 PM

R49 Klan gran Royalass cultist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55February 28, 2024 2:43 PM

I think she's got something serious and she wont be alive in 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 56February 28, 2024 2:44 PM

[quote] I think she's got something serious and she wont be alive in 10 years.

Don't worry.

I shall care for her children.

by Anonymousreply 57February 28, 2024 2:46 PM

You don't spend two weeks in the hospital for ovarian cancer. You get a total hysterectomy, and you're out in 3 - 4 days. You don't start treatment until you've recovered from surgery, at least 6 weeks. Unless Kate had some massive complications, her issue isn't gynecological.

by Anonymousreply 58February 28, 2024 2:50 PM

Hah r55, not quite. I’ve called out the Klan grannies on previous posts. Curious people are going to be curious, she’s a very public figure. You don’t have to be a klan granny to be nosy. For example, you’re posting here, does that make you a klan granny?

by Anonymousreply 59February 28, 2024 2:59 PM

Trump, Boebert, and all the other Republicans are really getting their just desserts.

Awful, lying hypocrites are now being completely exposed and having their lives destroyed.

Same for the British Royal Family, for their horrific treatment of Harry and Meghan. Cancer and other tragedies. Even that old racist cuntbag Princess Michael of Kent's son-in-law just died under mysterious circumstances.

Looks like all of these awful people are now getting their due.

by Anonymousreply 60February 28, 2024 4:05 PM

[QUOTE]horrific treatment

🤭

by Anonymousreply 61February 28, 2024 4:14 PM

[quote]I’m curious as well as to why Kate hasn’t made a token appearance, if only to reassure the public and stop some of the gossip.

I think that's kind of curious too; they could stage some pap shot where Wills is driving her somewhere & she waves out the window. Nothing too intrusive, but just a "hello, it's me - still alive!" She has no obligation to do such a thing, but given how in tune they are to public opinion/concern, I'm kind of surprised they haven't done it yet.

by Anonymousreply 62February 28, 2024 7:34 PM

[quote]r62 She has no obligation to do such a thing, but given how in tune they are to public opinion/concern, I'm kind of surprised they haven't done it yet.

Many fear she’s being held against her will in the Tower.

I wonder what she could have possibly done to anger her husband and the senior royals so.

I feel they should at least let her see her children.

by Anonymousreply 63February 28, 2024 8:04 PM

Prince William pulls out of Megan’s hole

by Anonymousreply 64February 28, 2024 8:08 PM

I think she's had a breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 65February 28, 2024 8:09 PM

Why the f would Kate make a token appearance just to be "seen"? They've already said she won't be making any public engagements until after Easter.

by Anonymousreply 66February 28, 2024 8:10 PM

[quote] Many fear she’s being held against her will in the Tower.

With only the ravens to keep her company.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67February 28, 2024 8:19 PM

While away in hospital, safe from Palace scrutiny, it may be she bit the bullet and was in secret communication with Meghan.

Security found all this on her phone and now it’s said Kate is being questioned and “reprogrammed” in the Tower. If so, it’s all gotten out of hand. Kate can be friends with who she wants.

by Anonymousreply 68February 28, 2024 8:35 PM

Wills probably had to hide the liquor bottles. The only way anyone gets to stay in a hospital for weeks and weeks is if they are in a residential drug/alcohol treatment program.

by Anonymousreply 69February 28, 2024 8:48 PM

I don't understand why people are trading theories about why we haven't seen Kate. We were told day one we wouldn't see her until after Easter. By all accounts she's recovering well and we'll see her again when she's given the medical all clear. She doesn't need to haul her ass out of bed, be made to look somewhat presentable just to give a five second drive-by photo-op for a couple of nut jobs on social media.

Charles is being seen because he's undergoing a less invasive treatment and because he's also the monarch and he wants to clearly downplay rumours that he's at death's door.

As for William, as someone stated earlier, I think one of the children was sick or had an unexpected medical appoint or maybe one of the kids came into contact with COVID or something. That being said, it would probably have been better from a PR perspective just to say he had a bad cold or something. But by all accounts, William is actually far more private than his father and feels that his private life is not the business of the public.

by Anonymousreply 70February 28, 2024 8:52 PM

Is it possible Kate had an organ transplant for something? Liver, kidney? I could see that being kept a secret.

by Anonymousreply 71February 28, 2024 9:02 PM

Theories on twitter that Kate has left William, possibly due to domestic violence

by Anonymousreply 72February 28, 2024 9:04 PM

Kate had a womb transplant. The first three children are not good enough to be future kings/queens. So the Windsors are going to start over.

by Anonymousreply 73February 28, 2024 9:05 PM

Or that she’s in a coma from same

by Anonymousreply 74February 28, 2024 9:06 PM

That would be a shocker, r72. She really was the picture of perfect health at Christmas (although I know you can look healthy and still be sick, I think it’s unlikely).

by Anonymousreply 75February 28, 2024 9:11 PM

R72 for fucks sake, surely you know that twitter is full of nut jobs.

by Anonymousreply 76February 28, 2024 9:16 PM

The Covid, it ate up her lungs! Poor girl. She’ll never be able to eat salt and vinegar pork scratchings again.

by Anonymousreply 77February 28, 2024 9:17 PM

R72 People are insane. I'm suspecting Kate had a hysterectomy. My aunt had one due to endometriosis. It was a full abdominal surgery and it did require her to be effectively remain in bed for about two weeks and then another six weeks of recovery time. In the first month or so, there is serious concern about blood clots which is why you have to remain fairly stationary.

by Anonymousreply 78February 28, 2024 9:29 PM

R78, when was that? Because the prevailing advice today is to be somewhat active to prevent blood clots. They get you up and moving pretty quickly.

by Anonymousreply 79February 28, 2024 9:31 PM

Kate's terrible morning sickness with each of her pregnancies is in line with having endometriosis

by Anonymousreply 80February 28, 2024 9:35 PM

Perhaps Kate had multiple cosmetic surgical procedures. She needs to wait for the removal of all those stitches and definitely needs to wait until all the swelling goes down before she goes out in public.

by Anonymousreply 81February 28, 2024 9:44 PM

[quote] Many fear she’s being held against her will in the Tower.

I told her it would just be for a little while.

I'll let her out some day.

by Anonymousreply 82February 28, 2024 9:45 PM

[quote]Theories on twitter that Kate has left William, possibly due to domestic violence

People on Twitter theorize all kinds of insane shit. That doesn't mean you should believe it.

by Anonymousreply 83February 28, 2024 9:47 PM

R81, I really think the palace wouldn’t say anything if she did. Obviously they are adept at keeping her under wraps. She would just get it done and disappear for a few weeks. She wasn’t seen from Christmas until the palace announced the operation three weeks later, and no one had an inkling.

by Anonymousreply 84February 28, 2024 11:02 PM

[quote]R71 Is it possible Kate had an organ transplant for something? Liver, kidney? I could see that being kept a secret.

Especially if she SOLD one. Isn’t she a shopaholic with mounting credit card debt?

by Anonymousreply 85February 29, 2024 1:24 AM

[italic]What are they hiding ? ! ?

by Anonymousreply 86February 29, 2024 1:26 AM

Pulls out of what? Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 87February 29, 2024 2:19 AM

The public has a right to know, especially when they pay your bills!

by Anonymousreply 88February 29, 2024 7:09 AM

[R78], when was that? Because the prevailing advice today is to be somewhat active to prevent blood clots. They get you up and moving pretty quickly.

There are also intermittent pneumatic compression devices that patients wear in bed to prevent blood clots; more info at link below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89February 29, 2024 8:06 AM

Scheming bitch Meghan paid someone in the royal household to poison Kate so putting Kate and William out of commission making Harry's bid to 'temporarily' rejoin the monarchy more likely. Lady Macbeth is running out of money. Real money. So she needs to make her ruthless way back in.

by Anonymousreply 90February 29, 2024 8:30 AM

R90, if true, please rech out to Princess Charlotte... she'll know how to handle this Meghan person (quietly)!

Some of the theories out here are crazy/great... but are the Middletons so like the Boylens that they would allow the Windsor-Montbattens to lock Kate away if she was being abused by William? That's really far-fetched...

by Anonymousreply 91February 29, 2024 9:36 AM

“Boylans”? “Windsor-Mountbattens”?

by Anonymousreply 92February 29, 2024 10:41 AM

R92, ya gotta do something to make the heads of the denizens of DL (who love the BRF) explode!

by Anonymousreply 93February 29, 2024 12:14 PM

R78 Frau here. After my complete hysterectomy I spent 1 night in the hospital and 7 days on bedrest. Afterwards my doctor encouraged me to move around to avoid blood clots. I have no idea what Kate Mid dleton's condition is but unlikely it's just a hysterectomy.

by Anonymousreply 94February 29, 2024 12:45 PM

Did The Queen EVER cancel a scheduled appearance for ANY reason? I think not. These new royals are a mess.

by Anonymousreply 95February 29, 2024 12:57 PM

What were you advised to do in the 2-3 months after your operation, r94? Did the doctors advise not lifting heavy things? Avoiding public appearances with thousands of people and the world's cameras trained on you? Cancelling those engagements where you have to keep up with 20 three year olds?

by Anonymousreply 96February 29, 2024 12:59 PM

Is William the monarch, r96? Or are you suggesting Charles be dragged down to Windsor to carry out an investiture while he's undergoing chemotherapy?

by Anonymousreply 97February 29, 2024 1:00 PM

Whatever she has – as long as it isn't cancer – she'll eventually recover and will live for forty more years. Modern medicine is amazing that way. As long as it's not cancer, like I said.

by Anonymousreply 98February 29, 2024 1:02 PM

[quote] Whatever she has – as long as it isn't cancer – she'll eventually recover and will live for forty more years. Modern medicine is amazing that way. As long as it's not cancer, like I said.

Her long-term anorexia has taken a severe toll on her heart.

Karen Carpenter died at 32 years old.

Don't underestimate the damage anorexia can do to a body.

by Anonymousreply 99February 29, 2024 1:05 PM

R97 is of course addressed to r95, and it should also be added that the memorial service of a deposed monarch who is a relative is a private engagement that has absolutely nothing to do with William's public duties and even less to do with official state public duties.

by Anonymousreply 100February 29, 2024 1:06 PM

R100, there's going to come a point when you won't be able to keep making excuses for William and Kate.

You're going to have to accept the truth, and I'm sure you'll be devastated.

by Anonymousreply 101February 29, 2024 1:08 PM

R96, over 15 years ago, my sister in law had a hysterectomy, and it was because her uterus was full of fibroids, which can be very serious. She had a full hysterectomy where they cut her open (not laparoscopic) and she was in the hospital only 2 days and back to work in 6 weeks. She had the leg compression socks, and was told to move as much as possible starting the day after. Long hospital stays for hysterectomies aren’t a thing, unless of course there were serious complications.

by Anonymousreply 102February 29, 2024 1:16 PM

R81 At least she's following the doctor's orders. Madonna didn't wait and immediately showed up on Instagram looking like a pufferfish.

by Anonymousreply 103February 29, 2024 2:13 PM

Looks like Will is back at work today, so I guess it was a short lived issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104February 29, 2024 2:23 PM

[quote]Did The Queen EVER cancel a scheduled appearance for ANY reason?

The Queen conducted much of her splendid reign in the era before 24 hour news, super-intrusive cameras, and free-for-all internet gossip. In an age of absolute deference. If she had been seriously indisposed during that prime time the public would have been clueless.

In other news, The Queen wasn't Kate Middleton. Different people. If The Queen enjoyed robust good health which never required a long absence, wasn't she fortunate. Kate's been less fortunate, and I hope she returns to full health soon.

by Anonymousreply 105February 29, 2024 2:28 PM

Wasn’t Princess Michael called out for antisemitic remarks ages ago?

by Anonymousreply 106February 29, 2024 2:37 PM

R99: Google 'how long is hospital stay for heart transplant'

[quote] Heart Transplant Recovery Penn Medicine Recovery from heart transplant surgery is long and your new heart requires lifelong care. ... days after surgery and can leave the hospital in 10 to 14 days.

by Anonymousreply 107February 29, 2024 2:46 PM

Thanksgiving is in November, dumb Brit’s!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 108February 29, 2024 2:48 PM

R107: If this is the case, they might face accusations of jumping the line, but I doubt they can keep it a secret forever, no matter what she was hospitalized for.

by Anonymousreply 109February 29, 2024 2:59 PM

Excuses for what, twit at r100?

That's fantastic, r102. What job did your sister in law do? Did it involve lots of public appearances in front of cameras and travelling to various places? Perhaps in those compression socks?

by Anonymousreply 110February 29, 2024 4:16 PM

No, she wasn't, r106.

by Anonymousreply 111February 29, 2024 4:20 PM

I have to laugh at these Sussex idiots thinking Will got violent and beat Kate to death or into a coma. Even with the royal family it would be impossible to conceal a family member killing another behind closed doors and then pretending that they're still alive for the next few decades.

That's like the supposedly imaginary Sussex children only ten times more ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 112February 29, 2024 7:01 PM

Actually, r110, she had (she’s retired now) a very high profile job as a marketing director for a fairly large engineering company. It involved a lot of travel and customer-facing meetings. Of course, it’s not as high profile as Kate. And I’ll say that I’m not going to fault Kate for taking the time she needs to recover. I was simply pointing out that even 15 years ago, hysterectomies weren’t the kind of thing that put you in the hospital for weeks and laid you up for months. Unless there were complications I guess.

by Anonymousreply 113February 29, 2024 7:09 PM

The entire British Royal Family are grifters.

At least in the past, they did a little bit of work on behalf of the country.

Now, you can't even get them to do that.

Lazy shits.

by Anonymousreply 114February 29, 2024 7:11 PM

If your sister-in law was back to travelling all over and having face-to-face meetings 6 weeks after a hysterectomy, r113, then that's very impressive and perhaps also not advised.

I'm not sure why everyone is so overwrought that Catherine was in hospital for a week to ten days and is now taking 2-3 months off from public appearances. If she can have the time off, then she should. In the meantime, she's apparently doing some work from home. She's probably also moving around and exercising as advised.

by Anonymousreply 115February 29, 2024 7:50 PM

R114 grow up you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 116February 29, 2024 8:10 PM

R95 yes the Queen did cancel engagements, but it was extremely rare.

by Anonymousreply 117February 29, 2024 8:11 PM

I’m British, I hate the royal family. But this Kate thing is giving me a lot of entertainment! Keep on with the theories please, it’s funny 😅

I do hope she’s OK. I don’t wish her any harm. I suspect she’ll just pop back up after Easter & we’ll never know! If anyone is potentially more ill than has been stated, I recon it’s Charles. Cancer at his age is tough.

by Anonymousreply 118February 29, 2024 8:17 PM

Americans may want people to get back to work minutes after an operation, but thankfully the rest of the world isn't like that.

by Anonymousreply 119February 29, 2024 9:25 PM

The “personal matter” was a nap.

by Anonymousreply 120February 29, 2024 9:48 PM

I hope Kate doesn't end up having a face like Melania after she returns to public life. BRF should be able to afford high-quality cosmetic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 121February 29, 2024 9:50 PM

King Charles III has cancer, Kate has ??? and Princess Michael of Kent's son-in-law has died. 2024 is the new Annus Horriblis.

by Anonymousreply 122February 29, 2024 10:32 PM

[quote] 2024 is the new Annus Horriblis.

So back off of Meghan, or it'll get worse!

by Anonymousreply 123February 29, 2024 11:22 PM

I hope this year isn’t the Anus Horrible-is!

Sounds gross!

by Anonymousreply 124February 29, 2024 11:25 PM

[quote] Tom about Andrew leading the family to the funeral: "...the real problem is the only person who can tell him to behave properly and disappear is his brother the king and he’s unable or unwilling, clearly ill and not in a position to exert himself, so Andrew just literally boldly pushed himself to the front with his ex-wife

Haha I fucking love it.

Andrew has been treated like absolute SHIT by his family, for the past few years.

Like a dog, being kicked around on the street.

So now that they're all incapacitated, I think it's hilarious that he's pushing his weight around. BECAUSE HE CAN.

Harry should do the same.

It's time for them to take back control of their own lives, without Charles or William telling them what to do .

William can't do SHIT about Andrew right now. He has neither the power, nor the authority to do anything to his Uncle.

This would be a perfect opportunity for Harry to assert himself, as well.

He should grab Meghan and the kids, and start parading all over London.

William won't do a goddamned thing, because he is preoccupied, and has way too many problems of his own.

Do it, Harry!!!!

by Anonymousreply 125February 29, 2024 11:31 PM

Oh, dear! You truly are deranged and disordered like Andrew, posting this multiple times. At least it's not the same gif over and over and over again. You've earned yourself a true distinction, r125, sole membership on my ignore list.

by Anonymousreply 126March 1, 2024 12:17 AM

Kate probably had something done to her digestive system and is learning to pee and poop all over again. Until the colostomy bag is removed, she’s staying out of the public eye.

by Anonymousreply 127March 1, 2024 12:24 AM

It's high time to pull the plug on the royals. At least Meghan can earn a good living for her family, Kate, a member of the lucky sperm club, will be working at Starbucks......

by Anonymousreply 128March 1, 2024 12:25 AM

Maybe she had an appendectomy and there were complications.

by Anonymousreply 129March 1, 2024 12:31 AM

R125 you have no fucking idea about the workings of the British Royal Family, but do keep posting - you’re always good for a laugh.

by Anonymousreply 130March 1, 2024 12:34 AM

[quote]r127 Kate probably had something done to her digestive system and is learning to pee and poop all over again. Until the colostomy bag is removed, she’s staying out of the public eye.

Why has she never made anorexia treatment a public cause she’d lend her name and time to? I mean, she could really help people.

by Anonymousreply 131March 1, 2024 12:36 AM

There is no proof that Kate has anorexia. She’s just always been slim, which you Americans are just not used to, having normalised obesity.

by Anonymousreply 132March 1, 2024 12:39 AM

She’s not interested in helping people. Her focus has always been to be queen.

by Anonymousreply 133March 1, 2024 12:48 AM

R125 is The psychotic and deranged KGT herself. Nice to know she's still around fantasizing about the deaths of The Royal Family and Louis Tomlinson, calling Niall Horan fat, stalking Harry Styles and dreaming of licking Meghan Markle's gaping pussy like the absolute psychopath she always has been. 🤮😑

by Anonymousreply 134March 1, 2024 12:50 AM

[quote]She’s just always been slim, which you Americans are just not used to, having normalised obesity.

You’re havin’ a laugh?

[quote]One in four British adults is obese, according to the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation, prompting fears that the UK has become the "fat man of Europe".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135March 1, 2024 1:16 AM

R135 completely missing the point.

by Anonymousreply 136March 1, 2024 1:37 AM

[quote] Even with the royal family it would be impossible to conceal a family member killing another behind closed doors and then pretending that they're still alive for the next few decades.

Well they have been pretending for years that a horse is there beautiful queen so it's quite possible.🐴🐴🐴👑👑👑

by Anonymousreply 137March 1, 2024 1:37 AM

The woman clearly has been ravaged by untreated syphilis.

May God have mercy on her soul.

by Anonymousreply 138March 1, 2024 1:50 AM

It's actually quite impressive that they've been able to keep whatever is going with Kate quiet.

by Anonymousreply 139March 1, 2024 1:52 AM

Kate likely wants him to pull out of her snatch…the premature menopause has kicked in and it can really suck…mood swings, dry pussy, night sweats.

Just let the gal rest.

by Anonymousreply 140March 1, 2024 1:59 AM

Kate got the prairie madness.

by Anonymousreply 141March 1, 2024 2:34 AM

Whatever the issue is, it is her business. No doubt the media are desperate to break a story, but it looks like they will have a long wait.

by Anonymousreply 142March 1, 2024 6:59 AM

[quote] Royal Experts Say Prince William Pulling Out of Memorial Is "Worrying" and "Concerning"

Prince William pulled out of a memorial service for his godfather at the last minute yesterday (February 28), prompting growing concern and speculation.

The prince was scheduled to give a reading at St. George's Chapel—which is right next door to his home in Windsor—and royal reporters were told nothing more than that the cancellation was for "personal reasons" and not related to King Charles' health.

At the same time, Kensington Palace confirmed that Kate Middleton "continues to be doing well" (presumably to stave off concern about her health), but royal experts are calling William's abrupt cancellation "worrying."

Royal biographer Phil Dampier tells the Daily Mail that "Constantine was his godfather and very close to all the royals, particularly King Charles, and he would have wanted William there as he didn't attend," adding that "William only lives a stone's throw away, so it's very concerning."

Meanwhile, royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams says "William's non-appearance at the Memorial Service for his godfather King Constantine, the last king of Greece, owing to a personal matter is certainly unexpected. This will be an event that William will be extremely sad to have been unable to attend."

As a reminder, Kensington Palace announced on January 17 that Kate Middleton had undergone abdominal surgery and would be in the hospital for 10-14 days. They released an update on January 29, saying in part, "The Princess of Wales has returned home to Windsor to continue her recovery from surgery. She is making good progress."

Kate is unlikely to return to royal duties until after Easter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143March 1, 2024 9:54 AM

There is more important stuff going on in the UK at the moment. Like the return to Parliament of Saddam-loving opportunist George Galloway.

by Anonymousreply 144March 1, 2024 10:22 AM

Royal "experts" always try to hype up non-stories, r143 - it's the only way they can make money.

by Anonymousreply 145March 1, 2024 10:35 AM

OT and nothing has nothing to do with William. Wasn't Constantine considered something of a mooching in royal circles?

by Anonymousreply 146March 1, 2024 11:17 AM

[quote]Royal "experts" always try to hype up non-stories

Their quotes are would-be upmarket pearl-clutching, stating the obvious. It's a way of keeping the story simmering, when next-to-nothing is known .

by Anonymousreply 147March 1, 2024 11:33 AM

I do think it's odd they haven't even released a photo of Kate on social media with a brave smile, captioned with a word of thanks to all for their concern. Even if she does have a colostomy bag, a photo can be engineered to show what they want and no more, and lit or filtered to make her look healthier than she really does.

For those talking about diseases that could cause you to need "up to 14 days in bed", that is very different from 14 days in hospital. Even moreso when your house has rooms into which a hospital bed and any number of machines that go Ping could easily fit, and you can afford round-the-clock nurses. She needed 14 days in which all the resources of a hospital were available for her 24/7. THAT is a huge deal.

They didn't say "we wouldn't see her again till after Easter". They said she would not resume Royal duties till after Easter, which is different. If it's a physical (rather than a psych) issue, by this time you'd expect we'd have had at least a quietly staged photo, given the levels of speculation. If it's a psych issue it would be more understandable that they're giving her complete rest from her public role.

by Anonymousreply 148March 1, 2024 12:47 PM

Somebody needs to put the pressure on Louis. He seems like the type that would squeal Information.

Hey Louie, I got a nice chocolate digestive for you if you tell me about mummy.

by Anonymousreply 149March 1, 2024 12:58 PM

[quote] I do think it's odd they haven't even released a photo of Kate on social media with a brave smile, captioned with a word of thanks to all for their concern.

It just shows to show how fucking creepy the BRF really are, as well as the "Men in Gray" who insist on shrouding this family in a cloak of mystery.

It's CREEPY.

They are literally incapable of telling the truth.

No wonder Harry wanted to get the fuck out of there.

If I had these creepy old men watching my every move, and lying about everything that goes on in Buckingham Palace, I'd want to escape from there too.

by Anonymousreply 150March 1, 2024 12:59 PM

Thank you, Meghan, your views have been noted.

by Anonymousreply 151March 1, 2024 1:03 PM

I do wish her well.

by Anonymousreply 152March 1, 2024 1:23 PM

"Saint Jude, patron saint of lost causes, we ask that you heal our Mother of Nations, so she can rule gloriously as our rightful queen for decades to come. We ask that you surround her with your white cloak of protection to keep away the dark scourge of Marklism, whose adherents caused this ailment in the first place."

by Anonymousreply 153March 1, 2024 2:04 PM

Okay how about an organ transplant? Would that fit the timeline for rest and healing?

by Anonymousreply 154March 1, 2024 2:45 PM

There is no "cloak of mystery", r50 and it's a breath of fresh air that Kate is not posting updates on social media (which the royal family never do on personal issues, they only post about their work).

It was stated right from the start that Kate had successful abdominal surgery, that she was to remain in hospital for a week or two and then convalesce at home, having cancelled her public engagements until Easter. It's since been stated that she is now out of hospital and is recovering well. Privacy was also requested. There is no need for them to make any further statements. If Kate wants to talk about her surgery and her condition once she's fully recovered then that's up to her. In the meantime, we know all that we need to know.

And it's "grey", not "gray".

by Anonymousreply 155March 1, 2024 2:50 PM

Sutton Foster can play her in the Broadway musical.

Don’t cry for me lovely British

The truth is I shall not leave you

Though it may get harder for you to see me

I am your Princess

And always will be!

by Anonymousreply 156March 1, 2024 3:08 PM

I think the blackout on Kate is more due to Willam than anything else. He feels strongly about protecting his family and when Kate was facing what must be an awful medical procedure, he was determined to protect her as much as possible. He’s stubborn too, so the latest media coverage will only make him dig in further.

I’m impressed that the media (some must know what kind of surgery Kate really had) has remained silent and mostly respectful.

by Anonymousreply 157March 1, 2024 4:02 PM

R150 for a start they don’t live in Buckingham Palace. If you can’t even get that basic fact right your silly rant doesn’t count for much.

by Anonymousreply 158March 1, 2024 6:51 PM

Those of you demanding photographic proof of sick pale Kate propped up in bed wanly looking at kiddies’ hand-drawn cards or a carefully staged pap stroll outside Adelaide Cottage will be disappointed. Most likely the Prince and Princess of Wales aren’t aware that their primary task is to keep a bunch of American hysterics updated on every detail of her illness.

by Anonymousreply 159March 1, 2024 6:56 PM

[quote]r158 for a start they don’t live in Buckingham Palace.

Right. Isn’t Buck Pal being renovated for 500 million, on the tax payer’s shilling?

by Anonymousreply 160March 1, 2024 7:01 PM

[quote] With only the ravens to keep her company.

And us.

by Anonymousreply 161March 1, 2024 7:06 PM

R159, are you kidding? You’re saying there aren’t any British hysterics? Have you ever picked up a British tabloid?

by Anonymousreply 162March 1, 2024 7:09 PM

I believe there are actually comfortable suites in the Tower, for the High Roller guests. It’s not all just dank cells.

I hope Kate got one of the nicer ones. She hasn’t technically been found guilty of anything yet.

by Anonymousreply 163March 1, 2024 7:11 PM

[quote] Prince William pulls out of scheduled appearance over personal matter

He was busy getting PEGGED by Rose Hanbury.

And unlike William, she doesn't pull out.

by Anonymousreply 164March 1, 2024 7:16 PM

Still can’t spell “Cholmondeley”, can you, R164?

by Anonymousreply 165March 1, 2024 7:42 PM

It's a shame that the Princess of Wales can't afford/doesn't have time for a proper hairdresser.

Update that look Your Royal Highness!

by Anonymousreply 166March 1, 2024 7:44 PM

[quote] I believe there are actually comfortable suites in the Tower, for the High Roller guests. It’s not all just dank cells.

This reminds me of one of the funniest dialogue exchanges in "Red White & Royal Blue".

Alex to Henry: "Well, they can't lock you away forever."

Henry to Alex, replying: "We really need to get you a book on British history."

by Anonymousreply 167March 1, 2024 7:48 PM

Wills should have learned from his father’s “I’m a Little Tampon” antics that there’s no way to keep secrets in this day and age.

He should cool the Henry VIII-style pursuit of Hanbury before Kate’s even gone, no matter how good the pegging is. It’s very disrespectful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168March 1, 2024 7:50 PM

They turned her into a newt, and now everyone is frantically trying to find the reversal spell!

by Anonymousreply 169March 1, 2024 7:51 PM

I think they deserve privacy when it's not the actual monarch or next in line. She is the wife. We don't need to know anything. I wish they would all stop with social media updates. I do hope she is ok and recovers completely.

by Anonymousreply 170March 1, 2024 7:58 PM

Pick up a tabloid, R162? You know that they’re available online these days, don’t you gramps?

Besides, who needs tabloids in any medium? That’s what the DL is for.

by Anonymousreply 171March 1, 2024 8:01 PM

What would the Sussex Squad do without the beyond tired pegging and tampon “jokes”? Left staring at the screen, mouth breathing and following the words with their index fingers.

by Anonymousreply 172March 1, 2024 8:04 PM

It’s an expression, r171. For heavens sake, I’m on DL, the epitome of high tech social media! And you buried the lede… Brits are just as hysterical as anyone about the monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 173March 1, 2024 8:23 PM

The British tabloids and the British public are two very different things, r162. The British tabloids are more like hysterical American DLers when it comes to the royal family.

by Anonymousreply 174March 1, 2024 8:35 PM

That makes no sense, r174. Who buys British tabloids? The British public.

by Anonymousreply 175March 1, 2024 8:41 PM

[quote] Anonymous Courtier Speaking With "Distinct Discomfort" Says Recent Royal Drama Is Not a Crisis "Yet"

It goes without saying that the royal family has had a pretty dramatic start to 2024 given King Charles' cancer diagnosis and Kate Middleton's major abdominal surgery and lengthy recovery. And now that Prince William has mysteriously pulled out of his godfather's memorial for "personal reasons," pretty much the entire internet is in a state of 👀.

As royal expert Richard Kay put it in the Daily Mail, "A king fighting cancer, a princess stricken by an unknown debilitating illness and a vanished prince with no explanation for his absence have contributed to a febrile and dangerously unsettled atmosphere."

According to Kay, "aides insist it is not a crisis," but apparently one anonymous "long-standing courtier" added "not yet" with "distinct discomfort," so...read into that how you will.

Kay also notes that royal officials typically "offer consoling words of reassurance" to the public when people spiral, but says their silence is adding to a "sense of apprehension that all is not well within the royal house."

Again, we don't know why Prince William skipped his godfather's memorial, but Kay confirms that "it is highly unusual for a Royal Family member to pull out of an official event at the last minute." That said, apparently Prince William "spoke to Constantine’s family to explain."

Just FYI, around the same time the palace announced Prince William was skipping the memorial, they said Kate Middleton "continues to be doing well," so...at least there's that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176March 2, 2024 1:05 AM

[quote] Britain's embattled royals are making an awful situation worse

It's been more than two months since Kate, the Princess of Wales, was last seen in public, sparking wild conspiracy theories.

But for Britain's royal family, that may be the least of its problems.

Two family members have cancer. One just died. Meanwhile, Prince Andrew is back in the limelight, and Prince Harry's relationship with his brother remains uncertain.

These are just a handful of challenges the British royals face today. The royal commentator Jack Royston told Business Insider it was "possibly the worst start to the year" the family had experienced in decades.

And both Royston and Kristen Meinzer, a royal expert and podcast host, said things were probably to get worse unless a drastic change was made.

As King Charles III and Kate step back from duties, the monarchy is missing some of its key players. And with no leader in sight, Prince Andrew returned to the fold at a memorial service for Greece's King Constantine on Tuesday, sparking speculation over his future position within the monarchy.

It's a PR nightmare, experts say.

It was promptly followed by news that King Charles had been diagnosed with cancer on February 5 following a hospital procedure for an enlarged prostate in January.

In a statement issued by Buckingham Palace, a spokesperson for the monarch said that he was "positive about his treatment" and that he looked forward to "returning to full public duty as soon as possible."

The king's hospital stay in January took place at around the same Kate was being treated for a planned abdominal surgery.

On January 17, Kensington Palace announced that Kate would remain in hospital for between 10 and 14 days after the surgery before continuing her recovery at home. They added that she would unlikely return to public duties before Easter, which falls at the end of March.

While Charles showed the public he was doing well after his diagnosis, Kate has taken a different approach. As BI previously reported, she hasn't been seen in public since Christmas Day.

The royal's absence has sparked conspiracy theories and speculation about her whereabouts on social media.

Meinzer told BI it was unusual for Kate to stay out of the public eye for so long, especially as she'd been transparent about her health in the past.

When Kate was pregnant, she was open about her experience with hyperemesis gravidarum — a condition that causes severe sickness — and she took photos for the press outside the hospital after giving birth to all three of her children.

Prince William and Kate Middleton pose for photos after the birth of Prince Louis outside the Lindo Wing.Chris Jackson/ Getty Images "Charles' camp has been far more transparent than William and Kate's. Nobody is wondering about Charles because they followed the No. 1 rule of PR, which is to get ahead of the story," Meinzer said.

"Charles' statements haven't been 100% transparent, but transparent enough — using words like 'cancer' instead of 'abdominal procedure,'" she said, adding that the vague language around the princess' condition has only heightened speculation.

Royston said the palace's refusal to release a photo of Kate was a shift from its previous strategy.

"The weird thing is, the palace could make it all go away with one single photo of Kate, but they seem to not want to do that," Royston said.

Royston suggested the palace could release a new photo of Kate through one of the charities she supports, or alternatively, something more laid back — a selfie or a photo taken by William — could be released through the couple's social-media channels.

A Kensington Palace spokesperson told BI on Thursday that the princess was "doing well."

"As we have been clear since our initial statement in January, we shall not be providing a running commentary or providing daily updates," they said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177March 2, 2024 1:11 AM

[quote]Whatever the issue is, it is her business.

No actually it's not. It's our business if whatever she's going through could cause her to kick the bucket, or affect the future King of England's emotional state.

by Anonymousreply 178March 2, 2024 1:24 AM

Enquiring minds want to know!

by Anonymousreply 179March 2, 2024 1:45 AM

Why is it your business, R178? You’re American, right?

by Anonymousreply 180March 2, 2024 1:48 AM

R280. Isn’t it tiresome to do be a part of the BRF’s family so late at night?

I hope they pay you well, sis.

by Anonymousreply 181March 2, 2024 1:51 AM

R180🤣🤣🤣🤣as if the Brits have shown absolutely no interest in this story.

by Anonymousreply 182March 2, 2024 2:31 AM

Yep, this thread is crawling with pretentious Brits.🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 183March 2, 2024 2:38 AM

[quote]American, right?

It's a two way street. Weren't you Brits pontificating about how Trump has made America an undependable ally? Well, a Royal family stricken with cancer with future queens having mysterious health problems while the excommunicated "the spare" makes one wonder how stable they are as well. First Brexit now this?

by Anonymousreply 184March 2, 2024 2:44 AM

Wow, this thread keeps popping up.

You homosexuals are really invested in this drama!

Oh, never mind.

by Anonymousreply 185March 2, 2024 2:53 AM

[quote] Most likely the Prince and Princess of Wales aren’t aware that their primary task is to keep a bunch of American hysterics updated on every detail of her illness.

None of their predecessors would've dropped everything and gone up to London because a bunch of hysterics carrying candles needed help with their grief!

by Anonymousreply 186March 2, 2024 2:56 AM

I’m now barren!

Will is so very angry…he wanted five more “spares.”

by Anonymousreply 187March 2, 2024 3:01 AM

I’m not British, R184 - of course you assumed that I am.

I’ll ask again - why is it your business? I can understand from a purely gossip point of view. However the constitutional implications of the health of the wife of the “future King of England” (sic) are exactly zero in the UK and the other realms of which the British monarch is Head of State and even less so for the USA. As so many here like to remind us, you fought a war to get rid of the British monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 188March 2, 2024 3:46 AM

Oh so a man's wife who dies has no impact on his job? In what world is that? Most people fall into deep depression, even suicidal tendencies. And if it affects his ability to operate, to think clearly, to make good judgment calls, it affects the rest of the world who has to deal with him. It would be different if he was a nobody.

by Anonymousreply 189March 2, 2024 3:52 AM

[quote]R176 Again, we don't know why Prince William skipped his godfather's memorial

It may have been the only time Ms. Hanbury (and her strap-on) were free.

The man’s a gdamn sex addict. And obviously needs therapy.

by Anonymousreply 190March 2, 2024 4:09 AM

[quote] I’ll ask again - why is it your business?

For the same fucking reason that you Klan Grannies make Harry and Meghan YOUR business.

If you don't like it, then shut the fuck up about Meghan!!

by Anonymousreply 191March 2, 2024 4:17 AM

UK here. I’m not losing any sleep over this. She has been home for weeks recovering quietly, presumably with the best aftercare money can buy. She is entitled to her privacy. No reason to get worked up about it.

by Anonymousreply 192March 2, 2024 5:24 AM

Believe it or not, r175, the British tabloids contain a lot more in them than royal stories.

R192 sums up what the typical Brit actually thinks.

by Anonymousreply 193March 2, 2024 8:13 AM

[quote]Weren't you Brits pontificating about how Trump has made America an undependable ally?

Can you actually quote a Brit who has said that, r184? And I don't mean a talking head.

That's also very different from someone having cancer and someone taking a few months out from public life to recover from a major operation. Many families have an embarrassing idiot in them, so you can't blame the royals for Harry.

If you want to make comparison with the US, though, try Lloyd Austin disappearing to get emergency treatment due to cancer side effects without even telling his boss or explaining to his deputy why she just had some of the powers of US Secretary of Defense transferred to her while she was on a beach holiday, Joe Biden's clearly declining memory so that he doesn't even know which foreign leader he's talking to, and the wayward son Hunter Biden with his coke, whores and dick pics. And those are the political executive, not figureheads.

by Anonymousreply 194March 2, 2024 8:27 AM

Jesus Fuck. Does the United States of America deserve this thread?

by Anonymousreply 195March 2, 2024 8:40 AM

Meghan who, R191? I’ve never mentioned her name on here. She’s too basic to think about.

by Anonymousreply 196March 2, 2024 9:49 AM

Which has what to do with the USA, R189? Nothing. This may be difficult for you to process but the USA is irrelevant in any discussion about the British Royal Family.

But of course you’re American, so you know best. Even when you don’t.

Nice attempt at avoiding the question in R180 and R188 as you have no answer.

by Anonymousreply 197March 2, 2024 9:55 AM

Kate has ulcerative colitis, one of the most painful conditions in medicine. She's recovering from a bowel operation and now has a stoma.

by Anonymousreply 198March 2, 2024 10:18 AM

[quote]This may be difficult for you to process but the USA is irrelevant in any discussion about the British Royal Family.

Irrelevance to the topic at hand has never stopped anyone from talking about anything.

by Anonymousreply 199March 2, 2024 10:23 AM

Some Americans seem to think we are, or should be, endlessly in thrall to the royal family. For most people they are just “there”. For a big event we might have a celebration. Otherwise it’s like any other country.

by Anonymousreply 200March 2, 2024 10:33 AM

R199 I’m not a Pom, mate!

by Anonymousreply 201March 2, 2024 10:41 AM

I’ve blocked two royal family troll nutters recently, is R164 another one?

by Anonymousreply 202March 2, 2024 12:08 PM

[quote] Some Americans seem to think we are, or should be, endlessly in thrall to the royal family.

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 203March 2, 2024 2:58 PM

The fact is that William doesn't get along with anyone who went to the funeral service.

He hates Camilla. He hates Andrew.

And he doesn't really get along with Beatrice and Eugenie.

That leaves NO ONE with whom he is friendly.

Also, since Kate is dying, he would have been all alone in attending that service.

ALL ALONE.

A little bit lonely out on that limb all by yourself, isn't it William?

by Anonymousreply 204March 2, 2024 3:05 PM

Funeral service, R204? Who died?

by Anonymousreply 205March 2, 2024 3:15 PM

William was busy partying at a Pub in Wales.

Kate?

Kate who?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206March 2, 2024 3:49 PM

Jesus- that's normal for a Brit.

by Anonymousreply 207March 2, 2024 3:51 PM

William is old school. Women’s issues are private and should not involve a man. Kate has Ladies in Waiting to discuss her female parts with.

by Anonymousreply 208March 2, 2024 4:01 PM

R206, that’s a bit inaccurate. He was there seemingly as part of his duties.

by Anonymousreply 209March 2, 2024 4:03 PM

Actually that's pretty much every guy. Women revel in illness and care and hovering and being involved. Men get bored and go for a beer. Honestly, I hope Princess Kate has female friends cause really this is one of those times when they want to be around and men don't. Just deal with that reality.

by Anonymousreply 210March 2, 2024 4:04 PM

[quote]Honestly, I hope Princess Kate has female friends cause really this is one of those times when they want to be around and men don't.

I’m sure Pippa can get one of the maids to start FaceTime.

by Anonymousreply 211March 2, 2024 4:08 PM

William and Kate's "perfect life" is collapsing, as we speak.

I fucking love it!

Karma, baby.

by Anonymousreply 212March 2, 2024 4:29 PM

r96 My daughter had a hysterectomy and was out of the hospital the next day. By the end of the week her belly became so swollen she looked 9 months pregnant. it turned out she had a bowel blockage. She remained in the hospital for three weeks because the original surgeon insisted it would work itself out. It didnt. So three wks after the first belly button down cut, they had to do it again to undo the blockage.

She was older so the full recovery was more than 6 months. Maybe this is what Kate went through.

by Anonymousreply 213March 2, 2024 5:11 PM

Did she sue the original surgeon? I can't imagine how painful that was.

by Anonymousreply 214March 2, 2024 5:42 PM

Karma for what? @R212

by Anonymousreply 215March 2, 2024 5:43 PM

R212 is mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 216March 2, 2024 6:12 PM

R212 is the guy who repeatedly posted the same memes. Now he cuts and pastes the same screeds on all active. He has the distinction of being the only person on my ignore list.

by Anonymousreply 217March 2, 2024 6:51 PM

R210 there is no “Princess Kate”. “Cause” and “because” are not the same thing. You presumably meant to use the latter but saved two keystrokes with “cause”. At least you didn’t use “cos” - well done you!

by Anonymousreply 218March 2, 2024 8:18 PM

Well smell her at R218.

She thinks she's the Queen of England.

by Anonymousreply 219March 2, 2024 9:58 PM

[quote] the wayward son Hunter Biden with his coke, whores and dick pics. And those are the political executive

Hunter Biden has not had a position in government unlike Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner.

by Anonymousreply 220March 2, 2024 11:44 PM

r218 will chastise you severely if you do not refer to HRH Catherine, Princess of Wales only according to the [italic]most correct[/italic] Court Circular protocols!!!

[italic]Attention must be paid!!![/italic]

by Anonymousreply 221March 2, 2024 11:47 PM

The hardest thing about Catherine’s life right now is that every time her children come to visit her, she has to get out of bed and curtsy to them.

by Anonymousreply 222March 2, 2024 11:58 PM

Oh well R221 in that case, her correct style and title are “HRH The Princess of Wales”.

NNTTM!

by Anonymousreply 223March 3, 2024 12:40 AM

[quote] Rumors Surrounding Prince William’s Relationship With Rose Hanbury Are at an All-Time High Amid Kate Middleton’s Recovery

If you haven’t been on the internet the past few weeks, then chances are you may not be aware of all the rumors surrounding Kate Middleton’s whereabouts. While the palace has said, and re-confirmed, that Kate wouldn’t be seen in the public eye until sometime around Easter while she’s recovering from her mystery abdominal surgery. People are convinced she’s missing or in a coma, and as if the rumors couldn’t be more out of control, people are bringing up Rose Hanbury in all of this.

When you take a peek at the royal side of X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, many believe Kate’s absence is all due to Prince William’s alleged relationship with Hanbury.

One user said, “I think Kate Middleton served William divorce papers cause she’s over the cheating but did it as Charles found out he’s dying so the palace said, ‘Can’t have an unmarried King’ and now they’re doing EVERYTHING to make her stay but she’s refusing to participate in the charade now,” with many adding they think Hanbury will be in the picture.

Another X user said, “If they Princess Diana’d Kate to Camilla Rose Hanbury…,” and another user added, “’Here it is. Kate’s abdominal surgery is a get away cause William keeps getting on with Rose Hanbury.”

So, for those who don’t know, Hanbury and Kate were friends for years, and in 2019, the Sun published a piece saying the two had a falling out (which, according to Richard Kay, nearly left both getting legal action in response). Then, writers Giles Coren and Nicole Cliffe both claimed they knew about the alleged affair between William and Hanbury in 2019, per IBTimes.

William’s lawyers reportedly issued a legal warning, but no one in this story has publicly acknowledged the rumors. An insider from the royal family told The Daily Beast: “There has never been any enmity between Kate and Rose. The rumors were all a load of rubbish. The family are ancient allies of the Crown and they will be there.”

There has been no physical or tangible proof of an affair besides deleted tweets and hearsay. While Kate and Hanbury have allegedly reconnected after Charles III’s Coronation, the three have kept quiet about the situation, but the rumors are swirling once again at an all-time high amid Kate’s absence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224March 3, 2024 3:45 AM

So William couldn't make it to his Godfather's remembrance service because of a "personal matter," but he could go out drinking in Wales?

How nice for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225March 3, 2024 9:08 AM

I thought that was odd as well, R225. Whatever happened was serious enough to justify pulling out of a memorial service (at which he was due to give a reading) at very short notice, but not serious enough for him to cancel a visit to Wales for St David's Day?

by Anonymousreply 226March 3, 2024 9:22 AM

R226 it MUST be because of Andrew.

This seems to have been alluded to in a couple of news stories.

I'm thinking that Andrew decided to show up to the service with Fergie, and William wasn't happy about it.

He probably approached King Charles and asked him to do something, but Charles being unwell probably didn't want to deal with it.

So William decided to throw a tantrum and not show up.

Looks like Andrew won that battle.

I have a feeling that Andrew will be throwing his weight around a lot more and making many more appearances, with Charles being ill.

And William will be cancelling out on a lot of events.

William may be the future King, but he's not King yet.

And Andrew is taking advantage of that fact.

There is probably still a LOT of bad blood between them, from the Royal Lodge incident, where William and Kate wanted to move there, and Andrew told them to fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 227March 3, 2024 9:36 AM

Charles being ill simply increases William's status, r227, as it underlines that he is the next king. Andrew has no weight to throw around vis-a-vis William. Andrew can't make any appearances unless there is something for him to appear at, and there isn't anymore aside from private family gatherings, e.g. a family member's memorial service, and the idea that William pulled out of that private engagement because Andrew was going to be there is utter nonsense.

The idea that there is bad blood between them over housing is yet more made-up tabloid bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 228March 3, 2024 10:18 AM

Why should he cancel a visit to Wales over something that happened several days' before, r226? Especially as he is the Prince of Wales. He also visited a synagogue and spoke with a Holocaust victim the day before.

by Anonymousreply 229March 3, 2024 10:20 AM

Wow Kate looks manly in OP’s picture.

by Anonymousreply 230March 3, 2024 10:48 AM

Camilla is taking some time off for a couple of weeks. Is it exhaustion? Is Charles well enough to represent the monarchy as she did? Or is she taking the time off to tend to Charles? Which is not good. He has plenty of people to tend to him but if his wife needs to be there that's something else.

by Anonymousreply 231March 3, 2024 10:58 AM

R229, I just would have thought that something serious enough to cancel attendance at a memorial service at such short notice would have ramifications that lasted longer than two days.

Anyway, the royals really should publish a photo of Kate. Yes, yes, she's entitled to her privacy - but they've said she'll be out of action until early to mid-April. Do they really want a further four to six weeks of speculation?

by Anonymousreply 232March 3, 2024 11:12 AM

R229, I simply assumed that something specific came up for that day, e.g. one of William's kids was sick or perhaps some extraordinary business came up. This memorial service was a private family event, so I don't understand why so many people are getting hysterical over it.

No, "the royals" should not publish a photo of Kate. Famous people don't need their photos in the papers or social media all the fucking time, especially when they're not doing any public work. She's had surgery, she's recuperating well, she will be back to public engagements after Easter. That's all we need to know.

by Anonymousreply 233March 3, 2024 11:21 AM

[quote] Or is she taking the time off to tend to Charles? Which is not good. He has plenty of people to tend to him but if his wife needs to be there that's something else.

Perhaps she loves him and is cherishing every moment they can have together.

by Anonymousreply 234March 3, 2024 11:26 AM

[quote]Women revel in illness and care and hovering and being involved. Men get bored and go for a beer.

You want us to "accept [this as] reality"? It's hogwash. Women who care for loved ones who are ill are being loving and responsible, as are men who do the same.

Men who get bored and go for a beer understand that their loved one is vulnerable and needs them, but choose not to bother. These men should all be Incels.

There are plenty of women who have no time for illness in others either, BTW, but because of stereotyping like yours their dependents are unlikely to disclose it, because it feels like there's something wrong with THEM.

by Anonymousreply 235March 3, 2024 1:50 PM

R233, the problem is, we don’t really know any of that is fact. I guess if it were more straightforward—the palace explaining what happened, why the long duration in the hospital, maybe a pic—people wouldn’t be speculating and going off the rails. Of course it’s her right to keep that information private, but in the absence of info, people have filled the vacuum and come up with a number of potential reasons. It’s just human nature, you can’t ask people to be quiet because “that’s all we need to know.” She’s the future queen, and she’s a major public figure. Of course people will speculate.

by Anonymousreply 236March 3, 2024 1:52 PM

While people would like an explanation, most are not behaving as though they're entitled to one. They know medical issues are often kept private.

The point is that the longer there is a complete absence of Kate, the more the speculation will mount that she's very seriously ill, particularly after what happened with Charles. A single photo could settle all that down. Unless she really is that ill, or it is a psych thing and she can't bear any attention yet, it seems like a very small ask with a very big benefit.

What KP announced in January was "Kensington Palace will, therefore, only provide updates on Her Royal Highness’ progress when there is significant new information to share." Updates on her progress means substantive information about her recovery, not a single picture to show that she IS recovering and the public needn't be so concerned about her.

by Anonymousreply 237March 3, 2024 2:13 PM

Who exactly are these "people" you're referring to, r236?

by Anonymousreply 238March 3, 2024 2:53 PM

Ummm… people, r238? The general public? Everyone posting in these threads? The Twitterverse? The Hoi Polloi? It’s just a generalization of everyone who is not in the know.

by Anonymousreply 239March 3, 2024 3:07 PM

Do you actually know any people offline who are speculating about and demanding to know where Kate is, r239? Outside of a few idiots on Twitter, DL and other cesspit online forums, people don't care and understand that she just needs to recover in her own time.

by Anonymousreply 240March 3, 2024 3:37 PM

R240… well, I know one person, and they’re posting in this thread. 🙄🙄🙄. Seriously? This is a gossip forum, what are you doing here?

by Anonymousreply 241March 3, 2024 3:57 PM

R241, I hate to break it to you, but there's a big difference between a tiny group of people posting online and people in general. People in general don't care where Kate is and aren't demanding a photo of her. Believe it or not, her priority isn't to satisfy the morbid curiosity of some randoes on a gossip forum.

by Anonymousreply 242March 3, 2024 4:05 PM

Are you just a rando on the internet?

by Anonymousreply 243March 3, 2024 4:10 PM

R242, sorry but DL—and social media—are made up of people like you and me. I am not sure what point you’re trying to make, but people definitely are curious as to what is going on… some more vociferous than others. It’s why main stream media has published a number of stories recently about this. Again, why are you here? To scold us and tell us to mind our business? Sorry, it isn’t working. Hasn’t ever worked, in fact.

by Anonymousreply 244March 3, 2024 4:14 PM

William is stubborn and the more social media outcry, the further he will dig his heels in. The public fuss over Kate’s medical leave is really bizarre. The palace was very clear at the outset that her leave would take this long. I give William a lot of credit for protecting her from the clamoring masses of “fans” who think she owes them updates.

by Anonymousreply 245March 3, 2024 4:15 PM

How would people have reacted if it were Diana in this situation? People would probably have been rabid for information about her surgery and convalescence.

by Anonymousreply 246March 3, 2024 4:16 PM

R245, Kate does not owe us updates. But the lack of information only leads to speculation—some of it outlandish. It’s certainly within William and Kate’s rights to not reveal anything. But people won’t be quiet, she’s a major public figure. Just pointing out facts. It’s really naive to expect people to not speculate, especially with someone so famous.

Remember Melania and her “kidney” operation? She wasn’t seen for weeks, and people speculated all sorts of things.

by Anonymousreply 247March 3, 2024 4:25 PM

I'm not "scolding", r244, just pointing out that the vast majority of people in the UK don't care to see selfie updates from Kate. Most people have lives they are getting on with and the information that she's had abdominal surgery and will be back to public life after Easter is more than enough for them.

Is there really a "social media outcry", r245? I don't think anyone takes Sheryl Crow that seriously.

by Anonymousreply 248March 3, 2024 4:58 PM

[quote] Or is she taking the time off to tend to Charles? Which is not good. He has plenty of people to tend to him but if his wife needs to be there that's something else.

[quote] Perhaps she loves him and is cherishing every moment they can have together.

Wow, the Klan Granny Brigade (KGB) is really out in full force on this thread.

Any speculation here about Kate's health is TRYING to be summarily shut down by the KGB and the Royal Family online operatives.

How pathetic.

Sorry KGB, but the people won't be silenced until William, Kate and Kensington Palace spokesmen TELL THE TRUTH and STOP LYING about her condition.

Until then, let the speculation continue!!

by Anonymousreply 249March 3, 2024 5:20 PM

Do you also demand a selfie, r249?

by Anonymousreply 250March 3, 2024 5:24 PM

[quote] Everything to Know About Rose Hanbury, the Marchioness of Cholmondeley

Rose Isn’t Her First Name

Her full legal name is Sarah Rose Cholmondeley (née Hanbury), but everyone calls her Rose.

Her Parents Are Very Creative

Her parents are named Timothy Hanbury and Emma Hanbury (née Longman). Her father works as a website designer, while her mother reportedly works as a fashion designer!

She Has a Sister Named Marina Hanbury

Rose Hanbury has a sister named Marina Hanbury, who was also briefly a model and married into the peerage back in 201 with Edward Lambton, 7th Earl of Durham.

She’s a Pisces

Marchioness Rose Hanbury (also known by her married name Rose Cholmondeley) was born on March 15th, 1984, making her a Pisces. Many Pisces are known for being sensitive, inquisitive, intelligent, and creative.

She Has a Prestigious Educational Background

For Rose’s education, she attended the extremely prestigious Stowe School throughout her formative years, and later attended The Open University in England. While it’s not public knowledge what degree she sought, many believe she pursued something in politics, due to her later career choices.

She Was a Model for Years

Before Rose was all about the firm, she was actually discovered at age 23 by the Storm Agency. (The agency Kate Moss was under!) She modeled for a few years, posing in campaigns for Miu Miu, Poplin London, a shoot for Love Magazine, and more.

She’s Dabbled in Politics

After modeling, Rose became a researcher for the Conservative Member of Parliament, Michael Gove, who was serving as the Shadow Education Secretary at the time.

She & Her Husband Have a 23-Year Age Gap

So who is Rose’s husband? His name is David Rocksavage, also known as David Cholmondeley, the 7th Marquess of Cholmondeley. The pair met back in 2003 at a party hosted at the Villa Cetinale, but didn’t start dating until 2006. In 2009, they announced their engagement in June, and the next day, they announced they were pregnant. And then the day after that, on June 24, they wed at Chelsea Town Hall. Nearly 14 years later, and the pair still seem so in love.

She is a Mother of Three

Rose and David share three children together: twins Earl of Rocksavage Alexander Hugh George and Lord Oliver Timothy George, born on Oct 12, 2009, and Lady Iris Marina Aline, born March 2016.

She Recently Worked in Interior Design

On May 4, 2022, Rose revealed she’s dabbled in design! On the shared Instagram page @houghton_hall, it was shown that Rose and Martina Mondadori collaborated with a popular interior design company called Cabana. They created a collection “inspired by the extraordinary interiors of this fine Palladian house,” and it seemed like a big hit!

She’s Worked Extensively With Charities

Along with being involved in politics and modeling, Rose has played a major hand in charity work. She continues to actively work in charitable organizations, with the most well-known one being East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH). If that sounds familiar, it’s because Kate Middleton is a royal patron of that organization.

She Resides at Houghton Hall

Per their official website, Houghton Hall is currently the home of the Marquess of Cholmondeley and Rose Hanbury. It’s an incredibly lavish home, as you can tell from the pictures, and her husband is “a direct descendant of Sir Robert Walpole who built the hall in the 1720s.”

She Had an ‘Erotic, Exotic and Eccentric’ Upbringing

In Violet Naylor-Leyland’s book entitled Rare Birds True Style, she details the “erotic, exotic and eccentric” life of Hanbury’s upbringing. Hanbury told her a snippet of it, recalling, “Mum turned the basement into a nightclub for us, painting the whole place herself and hanging Moroccan lanterns and suzanis from the walls. It felt a bit like an opium den.”

She Would Host Themed Parties

In the same book entitled Rare Birds True Style, Hanbury held themed parties, including a food-themed one where she arrived in an outfit entitled “Catch of the Day.” For the look, she wore an octopus on her head and a fishnet look!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251March 3, 2024 5:59 PM

That's a model?

by Anonymousreply 252March 3, 2024 6:13 PM

No wonder William is in love with Rose.

She sounds so much more interesting than Kate.

William probably would have married Rose, if she wasn't married already.

Funny how William's life is turning out to be just like his father's.

by Anonymousreply 253March 3, 2024 6:14 PM

R248, I disagree totally. I bet the vast majority are nosy and want to know. But the loudest are on social media. To be fair, there probably hasn’t been any poll taken, so we’ll never know.

by Anonymousreply 254March 3, 2024 6:20 PM

Take a poll of the people you know, r254.

by Anonymousreply 255March 3, 2024 6:51 PM

R255… that would be highly inaccurate. It means nothing. Both you and I are on here discussing it, so clearly both of us are interested. That’s all we can surmise. If your little clique in Timbuktu isn’t interested, it means nada.

by Anonymousreply 256March 3, 2024 6:58 PM

[quote]r253 No wonder William is in love with Rose. She sounds so much more interesting than… Funny how William's life is turning out to be just like his father's. Hi

I’ve been making fun of The Hanbury Woman because she’s so fug, but she DOES sound much more interesting than The Skeletor.

Is it better for Wills to divorce Kate now, or to wait until the children are older? He’s in a real pickle with the hospital recovery timing (which might have all just been manipulation on Kate’s part, as she knows she’s losing him.)

by Anonymousreply 257March 3, 2024 7:00 PM

Marina Hyde wrote a good piece in The Guardian pointing out that the BRF really do not "owe" anyone at all fuller updates of Kate's health status or why William pulled out of the memorial service. It's their own business.

That doesn't mean that people aren't curious, but the BRF do have a right to keep their health and problems private if they like.

by Anonymousreply 258March 3, 2024 7:21 PM

Jesus. R191/R212 is spiraling. What a psychotic twat.

by Anonymousreply 259March 3, 2024 7:21 PM

Come on you halfwit R251 - quoting something called “she knows.com”? I counted three errors in the first paragraph alone. Written by an American, of course

by Anonymousreply 260March 3, 2024 7:37 PM

R194 is a Fox News Troll.

Really you want to go there? There was no gap in leadership Dear, the Pentagon is filled with thousands of high level officials, experts, generals, etc doing their job. Only a Simplton would think that one guy who is basically just to spokesman would be of of any consequence if he's out for a few days for surgery. How's that Brexit working out for you? That's a REAL problem from across the pond.

by Anonymousreply 261March 3, 2024 8:02 PM

Meanwhile, the Horse Queen is being put out to pasture. The Old Gray Mare just can't run the race anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262March 3, 2024 8:08 PM

Charles can't be that ill if Camilla is taking off to warmer climes for a week-long holiday.

by Anonymousreply 263March 3, 2024 8:17 PM

Nothing says Royal sense of duty like a vacation from it the first year in power.

by Anonymousreply 264March 3, 2024 8:21 PM

“Richest Queen in the world”, R262? Stop making stuff up - you only look stupid.

The Windsors don’t even make the top ten.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265March 3, 2024 8:22 PM

Exactly, R264.

But do you blame her?

If Charles and William and Kate aren't making appearances and attending events, then why should Camilla?

They're all lazy assholes, if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 266March 3, 2024 9:08 PM

From Marina Hyde's article about Andrew taking charge at Constantine's memorial service.

[QUOTE]the vibe was the actor playing Hamlet going off sick, and being replaced not with the understudy, but a particularly dim competition winner.

by Anonymousreply 267March 3, 2024 9:34 PM

Like it or not R267, Andrew is the BULL in the family now.

He's in charge.

Charles is sick and impotent, and William is a crybaby pussy.

If this were the Middle Ages, Andrew probably would have had William and his entire family executed, so he could become King.

That's how things used to work.

In modern times, Andrew can just shove William out of the way, and tell him to fuck right off.

by Anonymousreply 268March 3, 2024 9:37 PM

Amazingly knowledgeable insight R268! You don’t sound like an idiot at all.

by Anonymousreply 269March 3, 2024 9:46 PM

If it were the Middle Ages, Camella would have been beheaded 30 years ago when she tried to breakup Royal marriage.

by Anonymousreply 270March 3, 2024 9:47 PM

Queen Camilla's break comes at 'WRONG TIME' amid slimmed-down royal CRISIS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271March 3, 2024 10:01 PM

F-OFF! YOU Silly Pauper!!! I will do what I want - The Queen

by Anonymousreply 272March 3, 2024 10:08 PM

Isn't GBN he right wing outlet that used to employ the disgraced Dan Wootton?

by Anonymousreply 273March 3, 2024 10:08 PM

The Royal family is falling apart before our very eyes. Harry was smart to jump ship before it sank.

by Anonymousreply 274March 3, 2024 10:09 PM

I'm not discussing why William pulled out from the Constantine memorial or what Kate has or why she doesn't post a selfie, r256. Like most people with an actual life, I know that these things happen sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 275March 3, 2024 10:18 PM

I’m beginning to think Kate’s hairdresser took off several inches and the result wasn’t flattering. She has now been forced into seclusion until her signature tresses are an acceptable length.

by Anonymousreply 276March 3, 2024 10:40 PM

[quote] I’m beginning to think Kate’s hairdresser took off several inches and the result wasn’t flattering. She has now been forced into seclusion until her signature tresses are an acceptable length.

Anything is better than those horrible bangs and that dykey look she was sporting last Fall.

Ugh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277March 3, 2024 10:44 PM

[quote]Marina Hyde wrote a good piece in The Guardian

Thanks for the link.

by Anonymousreply 278March 4, 2024 1:08 AM

Kate had surgery. She is recovering. William could have had the flu, food poisoning etc, One of the kids could have been sick. Stop getting hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 279March 4, 2024 1:24 AM

All this over a botched good job. They’re just settling and the n Waitey Katey will step lively in the Royal Easter parade showing off her new jugs in something pastel and embroidered.

by Anonymousreply 280March 4, 2024 2:01 AM

I would bet money that Kate won't be better by the end of the month (Easter).

Just watch.

by Anonymousreply 281March 4, 2024 2:35 AM

She hasn’t been seen in public since Christmastime. I wonder what she’ll look like after a 3 month sabbatical.

by Anonymousreply 282March 4, 2024 2:43 AM

Like this, R282.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283March 4, 2024 2:48 AM

I found this on Twitter today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284March 4, 2024 4:44 AM

[quote] She hasn’t been seen in public since Christmastime. I wonder what she’ll look like after a 3 month sabbatical.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285March 4, 2024 4:50 AM

[quote] I found this on Twitter today.

Turnabout is fair play, R284.

As the saying goes, "Don't start none, won't be none."

If the Klan Grannies didn't start the war, then the Sussex Squad wouldn't have to finish the war.

Now go fuck yourself!

by Anonymousreply 286March 4, 2024 5:31 AM

I can't tell whether r286 is being ironic or genuine. If genuine, then you really need to seek professional help, r286.

by Anonymousreply 287March 4, 2024 7:32 AM

All I know is that William and Kate will never be able to remove the stink of this cover-up, from their history.

People will always remember it, and refer back to it when they talk about how shady and deceptive William and Kate really are.

by Anonymousreply 288March 4, 2024 8:04 AM

I see R286 is doubling down on the Sussex "squad's" reputation for being absolutely insane.

by Anonymousreply 289March 4, 2024 8:08 AM

R289, the lunatic who runs the sussex_squad Instagram account probably posts on her.

Here she is seeing hallucinations of bruises and a black eye on William and alleging that this must be because he was in a struggle with Thomas Kingston on the day Kingston died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290March 4, 2024 9:21 AM

*on here

by Anonymousreply 291March 4, 2024 9:22 AM

“Cover up”, R288?

Kensington Palace announced a two week stay in hospital followed by recuperation at home until Easter. Which is precisely what is happening.

Were you expecting something more? A specific update for mouth breathers like you? You’re incredibly stupid, aren’t you, R288.

by Anonymousreply 292March 4, 2024 9:56 AM

R290, that is insane. And then on the flip side you have the most extreme Sussex-haters, who claim Archie and Lilibet don't actually exist. Craziness on both sides.

by Anonymousreply 293March 4, 2024 10:04 AM

Catherine doesn't need to chronicle her hospital stay or illness with selfies from her hospital bed or convalescing at home like a tacky influencer or d-list reality celebrity looking for social media clicks, likes, subscribers or perhaps a GFM.

As for William missing the memorial, the reason could have been as common as a case of diarrhea.

by Anonymousreply 294March 4, 2024 10:22 AM

if William had missed the memorial because he or the children had been ill, we would have certainly heard that announced.

by Anonymousreply 295March 4, 2024 4:53 PM

Posted in the Kate thread too…theres been a sighting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296March 4, 2024 5:33 PM

No we wouldn't have, r295.

by Anonymousreply 297March 4, 2024 7:25 PM

Aside from the fact that there is no reason for the state of the kids' health to be splashed all over the place, the Constantine memorial was a private family event. It was not a public duty of William to turn up to it.

by Anonymousreply 298March 4, 2024 7:29 PM

That photo not making anyone feel better. Looks like she's on her way incognito to another cancer treatment.

by Anonymousreply 299March 4, 2024 10:32 PM

Botched BOOB job. Fucking goddam autocorrect.

R280

by Anonymousreply 300March 4, 2024 10:51 PM

Incognito.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301March 4, 2024 10:58 PM

Why does she refuse to show her eyes in r296? Are they blackened?

She needs to hold up a newspaper in her next pic, showing the date/headline, so we can be assured she’s still alive.

by Anonymousreply 302March 5, 2024 7:24 AM

Just when I thought that the DL had plumbed the depths of utter idiocy, along comes R302 to take it down to a new level.

by Anonymousreply 303March 5, 2024 8:10 AM

These Royal Family threads certainly bring out the DL mental cases.

by Anonymousreply 304March 5, 2024 12:21 PM

Birds of a feather.

by Anonymousreply 305March 5, 2024 12:22 PM

Not r302 -- Why are you taking a joke post so seriously, r103? Did you not get it was meant in jest?

by Anonymousreply 306March 5, 2024 6:16 PM

On the DL it can be hard to separate the satire from the stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 307March 5, 2024 7:36 PM

[quote] These Royal Family threads certainly bring out the DL mental cases.

On both sides.

by Anonymousreply 308March 5, 2024 10:23 PM

If I remember correctly, Charles fired a bunch of people after his mother died. QE2 was quite weak toward the end there, but the Royal Family seemed to be doing well. I wonder how much of the current "problems" it is facing has to do not just with Elizabeth's passing and these illnesses, but also with the staffing? I feel like I remember reading Charles let a bunch of people go rather quickly. I bet we start to see some new hires over the next few months.

by Anonymousreply 309March 5, 2024 11:35 PM

Well the King has practically disowned one of his sons who just wanted to live his own life, what do you think the chances are the staff is treated any better?

by Anonymousreply 310March 6, 2024 4:52 AM

Exaxtly which staff did Charles fire, r309?

by Anonymousreply 311March 6, 2024 8:32 AM

It’s not letting me post a link but if you Google you’ll find the answer. Many people including communications

by Anonymousreply 312March 6, 2024 9:02 AM

There was overlap between his Clarence House staff and the Buckingham Palace (Queen's) staff so there were true redundancies. IIRC, Charles' Chief of Staff (whatever the UK equivalent title is) started sending out letters to employees telling them about future layoffs even as mourners were lining up to view the Queen as she lay in state. I very much doubt Charles was thinking about staffing patterns and his eager beaver "grey man" went at it in a display of his own power during the transition.

by Anonymousreply 313March 6, 2024 9:21 AM

Right, R313. Interesting to note, too, that Kate has a new secretary--as of the end of February. I'm sure there is some kind of shuffling going on behind the scenes. Also William has a new secretary, who is affiliated with some charity related to Crohn's and Colitis...interesting.

by Anonymousreply 314March 6, 2024 9:29 AM

I can't see anything about Charles actually firing anyone, just one story that "up to 100" Clarence House staff "could be" fired when Charles moved his office to Buckingham Palace but no follow-up story that they actually were. As there has never been any confirmation of this story, then it should simply be considered one of the many fabricated/exaggerated stories put out by the media in the period following the Queen's death.

If some staff were indeed let go, then that is sad for them but it's not because Charles is an evil monster but because their positions were no longer necessary. Unless the usual anti-monarchy complainers believe he should have used taxpayers' money to maintain Clarence House staff in Buckingham Palace to work for him as head of state, even though they aren't needed.

Here's the culprit for that bs story, from the anti-royal (but not pro-republic) Guardian, which lays on the "Charles is evil!" bullshit thick but screeching in its headline that staff were notified during a service for the Queen. Yet even that was an amended headline as the article had to issue a correction:

[quote]The headline and introduction of this article were amended on 14 September 2022 to clarify that staff were notified of redundancies, rather than being given individual notices of redundancy, as the rest of the article made clear.

The article was also obliged to print Clarence House's response:

[quote]A Clarence House spokesman said: “Following last week’s accession, the operations of the household of the former Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall have ceased and, as required by law, a consultation process has begun. Our staff have given long and loyal service and, while some redundancies will be unavoidable, we are working urgently to identify alternative roles for the greatest number of staff.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315March 6, 2024 9:31 AM

[QUOTE]If some staff were indeed let go, then that is sad for them but it's not because Charles is an evil monster but because their positions were no longer necessary.

And, of course, they were given sterling recommendations and most likely landed higher paying jobs in the private sector rather quickly due to their association with the Crown. It's not like they had to buck up and economize while collect unemployment checks.

by Anonymousreply 316March 6, 2024 9:48 AM

Exactly, r316, and most probably with an excellent severance package too.

by Anonymousreply 317March 6, 2024 10:28 AM

[quote] they were given sterling recommendations and most likely landed higher paying jobs in the private sector

And you know this how? That kind of talk is the same kind of bullshit CEO's all over the world tell themselves when the fire people. "you worked for such a great company, you will have people knocking on your door the minute you leave" therefore, no guilt.

by Anonymousreply 318March 7, 2024 6:13 AM

What did happen to them, r318? After that hysterical Guardian article, which despite being full of holes was regurgitated by other media outlets, we heard nothing more about this supposed callous firing of 100 loyal and dedicated Clarence House staff. Even if they didn't get sterling references, just the fact that they worked for the then Prince of Wales and now King would have opened all sorts of professional doors for them.

by Anonymousreply 319March 7, 2024 9:09 AM

That went right over your head R319. NO just the fact that you worked for the Royal Messy Family does not automatically open doors. In fact, some would say, it shuts a few based on your willingness to take such a shitty job over a high paying one just to say you worked for the family.

Again, I ask, how do you KNOW that these people got better jobs? It's a false assumption to say it does.

by Anonymousreply 320March 7, 2024 9:32 AM

How will Wills cope now Kate has a colostomy bag? Not exactly alluring.

by Anonymousreply 321March 7, 2024 11:23 AM

R321, you're an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 322March 7, 2024 11:50 AM

[quote]Well the King has practically disowned one of his sons who just wanted to live his own life

WHAT???

If Harry just wanted to live his own life nobody, ourselves included, would be critical of him. Charles stood by him after Megxsit, even though the Sussexes blindsided the Queen with their demands and their actions in leaving Britain. It was the treacherous Oprah interview, the Netflix series and the publication of Spare that have caused the coldness towards him in the family. He threw them all under the bus at the most vulnerable time for Philip and Elizabeth, knowing that they could not fact-check him publicly. In doing so he publicised private and damaging information, which they would have hated even if it were all true, but we don't know how much of it was manufactured (apart from the constantly reiterated lie about someone asking about Archie's skin colour).

That is not "just living your own life", that is being poisonous, and anybody's family would disown him for it. I suppose you think they were unreasonable in exiling the Duke of Windsor too, despite his being great buds with the German SS?

by Anonymousreply 323March 7, 2024 11:54 AM

[quote] Charles stood by him after Megxsit, even though the Sussexes blindsided the Queen with their demands and their actions in leaving Britain

What were the demands?

by Anonymousreply 324March 7, 2024 11:59 AM

[quote] I suppose you think they were unreasonable in exiling the Duke of Windsor too, despite his being great buds with the German SS?

Well done for invoking Godwin’s Law.

by Anonymousreply 325March 7, 2024 12:01 PM

I'm not the poster who said they got better jobs, r320, even though I do believe that in the UK having worked for the head of state could get you a great job, especially in communications. I am the poster who pointed out that the Guardian article was a pile of horseshit. So, again, I ask how many of the Clarence House staff were actually let go and just how "awful" was their severance package?

by Anonymousreply 326March 7, 2024 2:43 PM

I'm really beginning to hate William.

He's a Grade-A CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 327March 7, 2024 3:05 PM

[quote] It was the treacherous Oprah interview, the Netflix series and the publication of Spare that have caused the coldness towards him in the family.

Oh, how mature of a countries top figurehead. Most real parents would let that stuff roll of their back like mature parents would normally do, not kick them out of the family.

King Charles Parenting Skills = FAIL

by Anonymousreply 328March 7, 2024 4:25 PM

Is Charles really responsible for the actions of a pushing-40 Harry, r328? William has turned out sane, stable, responsible, so Charles did well there.

by Anonymousreply 329March 7, 2024 5:26 PM

Well he hasn't pulled out of me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330March 7, 2024 5:57 PM

r328, do most kids write a book, do a major televised interview, and a tv series about their disparaging their parents? If you had kids, would you be able to let it roll of your back?

by Anonymousreply 331March 7, 2024 6:13 PM

Not sure what's the matter with Kate, but my uncle had colitis & it's very debilitating - you can be fine & then once you have an attack - you're down for the count and can be very sick for weeks at a time. If that's what she's been struggling with, it's amazing she's kept the schedule she has.

by Anonymousreply 332March 7, 2024 7:01 PM

I get the impression that William doesn’t want to be king.

by Anonymousreply 333March 7, 2024 7:21 PM

Most kings and queens don't particularly want to be king or queen, r333. They do it because it's their duty and their destiny.

by Anonymousreply 334March 7, 2024 8:49 PM

As I have learned in many movies and television shows, it's the ones who want it that shouldn't be heads of state.

by Anonymousreply 335March 7, 2024 10:05 PM

R334 he doesn’t have to like it though. He looks miserable, destiny or not…

by Anonymousreply 336March 7, 2024 10:25 PM

^ Masters degree in History from ITV.

by Anonymousreply 337March 7, 2024 11:12 PM

[quote]he doesn’t have to like it though.

"Just lie back and think of England, William."

by Anonymousreply 338March 8, 2024 12:06 AM

Fuck the troll at r337, where is your degree from? Another fucking know it all Royal Family stan.

by Anonymousreply 339March 8, 2024 12:18 AM

[quote]If that's what she's been struggling with, it's amazing she's kept the schedule she has.

Yes, and she always seems absolutely delighted to meet the public.

Whatever's wrong with her, she's been doing a hell of a job while apparently dealing with something serious.

by Anonymousreply 340March 8, 2024 12:40 AM

" she always seems absolutely delighted to meet the Caucasian public."

Fixed for R340

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341March 8, 2024 4:05 AM

[quote] Prince William Is Not Telling Kids About the ‘Severity’ of Kate Middleton’s Health Mystery

Details surrounding Princess Kate Middleton’s health have been kept out of the spotlight, while an insider exclusively tells In Touch that Prince William is also keeping their kids in the dark.

“Of course they are concerned because she’s so frail, but they have no clue about the severity of their mother’s condition,” the source exclusively tells In Touch about Prince George, 10, Princess Charlotte, 8, and Prince Louis, 5, on Thursday, March 7.

Despite not knowing exactly what is wrong with Kate, 42, the kids are doing their best to cheer her up amid her recovery. “William keeps it vague and promises them that everything will be back to normal soon,” the insider adds. “But managing their fears has been the most heartbreaking part of this ordeal.”

Kensington Palace announced on January 17 that Kate had undergone a “planned abdominal surgery” one day earlier. The initial statement explained that she was expected to remain in the hospital for 10 to 14 days, though didn’t share any information about her condition or what type of surgery she had.

“The Princess of Wales appreciates the interest this statement will generate,”the statement continued. “She hopes that the public will understand her desire to maintain as much normality for her children as possible, and her wish that her personal medical information remains private.”

The mother of three was discharged from the hospital on January 29 and returned home to Adelaide Cottage in Windsor to focus on her recovery. Fans grew concerned when Kate remained out of the spotlight, and several conspiracy theories began to circulate online amid her health issues.

However, a rep for the royals shut down the speculation on February 29. “Kensington Palace made it clear in January the timelines of the princess’ recovery and we’d only be providing significant updates,” the rep said in a statement. “That guidance stands.”

Kate was not seen in public until Monday, March 4, when she was photographed in the front seat of a car as her mother, Carole Middleton, was behind the wheel. Most of her figure was concealed, and she was seemingly trying to keep a low profile by sporting sunglasses.

An insider exclusively told In Touch on Wednesday, March 6, that Kate was intentionally staying out of the spotlight amid her recovery. “She couldn’t keep food down and has lost an alarming amount of weight,” the source shared. “She won’t even record a video message to the public to thank them for their well-wishes because the reaction would be massive shock and concern over her appearance.”

Despite the palace’s initial statement that Kate will resume her public engagements by April, the insider added that she will need “an additional five-plus weeks of recovery” before she goes back to making public appearances. “Just to put it into perspective, this is a woman who poses smiling and radiant on the hospital steps hours after giving birth,” the source explained. “That’s how grave her situation is right now.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342March 8, 2024 5:13 AM

Oh sure, r342, I'm going to believe what an "insider" told In Touch about William's privacy conversations with his kids.

by Anonymousreply 343March 8, 2024 6:24 AM

William always looks in good spirits to me, r336, although on occasions that require him to be serious and dignified he is serious and dignified.

by Anonymousreply 344March 8, 2024 6:25 AM

“Princess Kate Middleton”? Well, that’s a new one - thanks In Touch and R342

by Anonymousreply 345March 8, 2024 10:48 AM

It's funny that anyone can even take an article that contains such nonsense seriously, r345, let alone so seriously that they produce it here as "evidence".

by Anonymousreply 346March 8, 2024 12:29 PM

'Insider' @ R342 is a would-be stately and dignified version of the berserk surreal Kate-fictions let rip across DL in recent weeks.

by Anonymousreply 347March 8, 2024 1:01 PM

[quote] the berserk surreal Kate-fictions let rip across DL in recent weeks

I hate to break it to you, but this is hitting mainstream American media outlets such as NBC and CNN, which normally wouldn't touch British Royal Family "gossip."

Clearly, it has become a valid question.

by Anonymousreply 348March 8, 2024 2:28 PM

They're regurgitating the same old crap, r348. There is no question, and even if there were why would that be of interest to American media outlets, other than for its "gossip" value?

by Anonymousreply 349March 8, 2024 4:06 PM

I can’t find a source to link to, but if you look up “Kate Sandringham December 28” there was a video of a convoy of range rovers heading to Edward VII hospital at a fast pace. Speculation is that whatever was ailing Kate got worse and it was around this time needing the surgery became unavoidable.

by Anonymousreply 350March 8, 2024 7:50 PM

You can't find a source to link to, r350, because there is no such video.

by Anonymousreply 351March 9, 2024 8:33 AM

I see the Kensington Palace minions are working hard at R351.

by Anonymousreply 352March 9, 2024 11:52 AM

Oh, I doubt they ever work hard.

by Anonymousreply 353March 9, 2024 12:00 PM

Lol.

Indeed, R353.

But the Kate stans do excel at online trolling.

by Anonymousreply 354March 9, 2024 12:43 PM

Thank you, Princess Diana at R333.

Exactly what she said on Panorama about Charles. Not true then either.

by Anonymousreply 355March 9, 2024 1:06 PM

William the Terrible.

by Anonymousreply 356March 9, 2024 7:20 PM

Tinfoil fascinators abound here. I love how the BRF stans seem to know exactly what the BRF are doing and saying.

by Anonymousreply 357March 9, 2024 10:14 PM

[quote]“That’s how grave her situation is right now.”

Kate doesn't look grave in William's Mothering Sunday family picture.

by Anonymousreply 358March 10, 2024 9:11 AM

And yet r351, r352 and r353 still haven't managed to post a link to said video. Because it doesn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 359March 10, 2024 9:53 AM

Those of us who don't hate the BRF (what you call "stans") don't need to know exactly what the BRF are doing and saying at any given moment. Only the BRF haters demand to know that and when they aren't given constant updates use that to justify their hate.

by Anonymousreply 360March 10, 2024 9:55 AM

It’s on the BBC News website. Can’t share yet.

She looks fine, and sends her love!

by Anonymousreply 361March 10, 2024 9:59 AM

Here you go…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362March 10, 2024 11:43 AM

R362, God bless!

by Anonymousreply 363March 10, 2024 11:48 AM

She hasn’t looked this good in years.

by Anonymousreply 364March 10, 2024 12:48 PM

Obviously that picture was taken in 1980. Her wig is proof. The children are photoshopped. You can see the cancer cells.

Will Kate get a royal standard on her coffin?

by Anonymousreply 365March 10, 2024 1:13 PM

She looks younger than springtime and twice as exciting. Love Kate!

by Anonymousreply 366March 10, 2024 2:58 PM

Here’s the video. Of course, no one knows who was in it but this is the video OP was referring to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367March 10, 2024 3:05 PM

Here’s a link to additional photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368March 10, 2024 3:07 PM

No William in the photo?

by Anonymousreply 369March 10, 2024 3:22 PM

That 1-second video and that pic are of absolutely nothing, r368. Cars on a street. If that's what the Sugars are basing their conspiracy theory on, then they truly are absolutely fucking mental.

by Anonymousreply 370March 10, 2024 3:32 PM

If you mean the Mothering Sunday photo, why would William be in it? Would be a bit difficult anyway, as he took it.

by Anonymousreply 371March 10, 2024 3:33 PM

R369 William took the photo that's why he wasn't in it.

by Anonymousreply 372March 10, 2024 4:31 PM

AI! PHOTOSHOPPED! THEY PUT KATE'S HEAD ON SOMEONE ELSE'S BODY! LOOK AT GEORGE'S HANDS! KATE HAS AN ADAMS APPLE! The comments under the Instagram post are hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 373March 10, 2024 4:38 PM

R370, it’s posted because someone said it didn’t exist. No one knows its significance, if there is even any.

by Anonymousreply 374March 10, 2024 5:09 PM

R374, a video showing a convoy with a royal being rushed to King Edward's in London from Sandringham doesn't exist. That 1-second video is of two cars on a street. There even appears to be a male figure sitting upright in the back of the second car, which hardly looks like someone being rushed to hospital, especially from Sandringham and least of all Kate (why the fuck would someone in urgent medical need in Sandringham be rushed to a hospital in London?).

The conspiracy theory that Kate was suddenly in need of urgent medial care in Sandringham and was hence rushed to London, 180 km away, is utter horseshit. All this video and its accompanying conspiracy theory are evidence of is just how batshit crazy the Sussex Squad is.

by Anonymousreply 375March 10, 2024 5:37 PM

Please reread my post, r375. Someone upthread said the video didn’t exist. I posted the video OP was referring to. It could be Kate in the car, it could be ANYONE. The person who posted it back then said it appeared to be going from the palace to the nearby hospital. They posted it as such and it’s become viral because of Kate not being seen since Xmas. Who knows, maybe a minor royal had a bad case of hemorrhoids.

The point is, it could be Kate, or it could someone else. And it’s not the “Sussex Squad” pushing this. Geez, people are nosy and the video is intriguing.

Also, r375. There are additional pics that show the police escort.

by Anonymousreply 376March 10, 2024 5:54 PM

"The person who posted it back then said it appeared to be going from the palace to the nearby hospital." - In which case, that is not, by your own admission, a video of cars coming from Sandringham, as r350 claimed. Therefore, it is entirely correct to say that no video of Kate/someone being rushed to hospital in London from Sandringham exists.

Presumably by "palace", you mean Buckingham Palace. You're aware that no royals actually live in Buckingham Palace, right? And it's incredibly unlikely they were even in London on 28 December, let alone in Buckingham Palace.

And, no, this video did not go viral. Also, what a weird American view, that the royals must be accompanied by overt police vehicles, even on private journeys.

by Anonymousreply 377March 10, 2024 6:16 PM

Ummm… yes the video did go viral r377. And I don’t know what palace, this was the original poster on Twitter who said that it appeared to come from Sandringham but it was def going to St. Edward VIII hospital. Just the messenger here.

I’m not here to debate who’s in the car. Again—people claimed the video OP was talking about didn’t exist. The OP couldn’t find it. This is the video. Geez.

by Anonymousreply 378March 10, 2024 6:25 PM

R378, the OP never mentioned a video. R350 did. The video r350 mentioned was of Kate/someone being rushed to London from Sandringham. This video is not of Kate/someone being rushed to London from Sandringham. There is also absolutely nothing to suggest that it is a video of anyone coming from the palace and going to a hospital.

But keep blabbing on - your nonsense really doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 379March 10, 2024 6:55 PM

“St Edward VIII hospital”? You’re quite the comedian in addition to being a fantasist, R378!

by Anonymousreply 380March 10, 2024 7:20 PM

[quote] You're aware that no royals actually live in Buckingham Palace, right?

Actually I did not know that, but now I do. Wasn't that a big deal early in Queen Elizabeth's reign, that Philip didn't want to live there and everybody insisted they had to? I guess just another case of everybody get all fucking hot and bothered over some nonsense and pretending it's the key to the whole monarchy, like the horrors of divorce, only to drop that shit by the end of the reign.

by Anonymousreply 381March 10, 2024 7:40 PM

What the video showed was vehicles in the vicinity of Edward VII hospital at night in December.

So it's perfectly sensible to assume it came from Sandringham.

And it's perfectly sensible to assume it was destined for Edward VII, where Kate was not subsequently admitted.

And it's perfectly sensible to assume it had Kate inside.

And it's perfectly sensible to assume it couldn't have been any other VIP because in a city like London there are hardly any other VIPs.

And it's perfectly sensible to assume someone needing medical attention so urgent that London was necessary, could and would then be driven a hundred miles from Sandringham to get it.

Except of course it isn't sensible at all. It's people trying to find proof of their poorly thought out theories. By this rationale, Kate could have been in every ambulance, Range Rover and hospital in London that night.

Also, was there any other video of the convoy arriving at Edward VII?

by Anonymousreply 382March 10, 2024 7:40 PM

R381, the sovereign ususally lives in Buckingham Palace. The whole place is under renovation since almost nothing had been done since WWII. Pieces of it were literally falling off.

At link: "The Government has consistently refused extra money to help meet the cost of total refurbishment of the palace despite a similar incident in 2007 in which lump of masonry narrowly missed Princess Anne as she was getting into her car."

It is said the King and Queen will move into BP once it is complete but it was also said the Queen would be Princess Consort, so who really knows? Prince Charles put it out that he accepted the perception is BP is HQ for the sovereign and is expected to live there, but he's been out of it so long and likes Clarence House so much the case may be made in due course in his old age he should stay where he likes. Then again he was said not to like Windsor very much and now seems to spend time there on weekends and he's been at Sandringham a lot, too, so he may change his feelings on the matter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383March 10, 2024 7:47 PM

Oh for gods sake r379 and r289, that’s what the person who recorded the video said. Can’t anybody read? And the OP isn’t the OP of this thread, it’s the OP who said they couldn’t find the video. I posted the video and what the person who recorded it said. I very specifically said multiple times that no one knows who was in those cars.

That’s what I get for trying to be helpful.

by Anonymousreply 384March 10, 2024 8:03 PM

Now Kate can get back to work...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385March 10, 2024 8:22 PM

Buckingham Palace is now the business headquarters of the monarchy. Working royals have apartments available for when they are in London. State visits, Investitures, garden parties and receiving dignitaries will be staged there as a suitable setting.

by Anonymousreply 386March 10, 2024 9:14 PM

The Truth About Rose Hanbury Daughter’s Father The royal rumor mill never stops, and this time, the internet’s latest obsession is the identity of Rose Hanbury’s daughter’s father and what happened between her and Prince William all those years ago.

Hanbury, whose full name is Sarah Rose Cholmondeley, is the Marchioness of Cholmondeley and wife of David Cholmondeley, 7th Marquess of Cholmondeley. Hanbury and Cholmondeley married at Chelsea Town Hall in London on June 24, 2009—just two days after announcing their engagement. The couple went on to have three children: twin sons Alexander Hugh George Cholmondeley and Oliver Timothy George Cholmondeley, and daughter Lady Iris Marina Aline Cholmondeley.

Hanbury, for her part, is the daughter of website designer Timothy Hanbury and fashion designer Emma Hanbury. Her sister, Marina, is also of noble association. She’s the third wife of Edward Lambton, the 7th Earl of Durham. The Marquess and Marchioness were also close friends with the Prince and Princess of Wales, Prince William and Kate Middleton.

In March 2019, rumors swirled that Prince William, a close friend of the Marquess and Marchioness, had cheated on his wife, Kate Middleton, with Hanbury, who had an alleged fallout with Middleton. There were also rumors that Hanbury’s daughter, Iris, is actually William’s child.

While neither William nor Hanbury have ever addressed the rumors, royal expert Omid Scobie told Entertainment Tonight in 2023 that he considered writing more about the drama in his royal biography, Endgame: Inside the Royal Family and the Monarchy’s Fight for Survival, however, as the affair allegations were never confirmed. “I was very careful in the book to really focus on this, as the allegations against William, Kate’s and their fallout with Rose Hanbury,” Scobie said. “For legal reasons, there are so many things that one can’t go into.”

He continued: “But, I thought it was really important to mention, even if a rumor is a rumor.”

He added that, because William and Kate “never addressed” the affair rumor with Hanbury, it will likely “never go away,” however, that doesn’t mean that the story is true. “Unfortunately, if a rumor’s left to kind of do its own thing, it can run 20 laps around the world before you even think about what, how you want to kind of address it,” he said.

Scobie also claimed that Kensington Palace feared the rumors would “impact negatively on William’s reputation” and alleged that the Firm used Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s exit from the British royal family that year as a way to divert attention from the gossip. “The rumors trend on Twitter on a regular basis,” Scobie said. “That’s something that’s incredibly damaging, I think, for William.” He continued, “It probably looks even worse, actually, that there was a kind of willingness to throw Harry under the bus simply to make these things disappear.”

While William and Kate have never responded to the rumors, a source told Us Weekly in 2019 that the speculation motivated them to work on their marriage.

Rumors of William and Hanbury’s affair resurface in March 2024 after Kate posted an Instagram photo without her wedding ring. The post was also the first photo of Kate since her mysterious abdominal surgery in January 2024.

After the post, many fans commented on Kate’s missing wedding ring. “Where’s her wedding ring? William hasn’t been wearing his either 🤔👀” a user commented. One more user commented on how the photo looked AI-generated (more on that later). “But where’s the wedding ring in that fake AI hand? 🧐,” the user wrote.

Along with speculation around her missing wedding ring, Kate was also accused of editing the photo, which featured several errors, such as Louis’ missing fingers. Kate admitted to altering the photo in a tweet at the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387March 13, 2024 2:21 PM

We can always count on an American such as R387 to provide such erudite and authoritative input! The linked article references Stylecaster and Us Weekly along with that famously well-credentialed journalist Omid Scobie.

Now waiting for R387 to call me a “cunt” - it’s one of your favourite epithets, isn’t it, R387?

by Anonymousreply 388March 13, 2024 9:08 PM

The rumor mill is in full force today.

by Anonymousreply 389March 14, 2024 4:21 PM

So, honestly.

Why isn't William catching heat for any of this British Royal Family mess that has been in the headlines for the past week?

Not only is he suspiciously quiet, but he's also conspicuously absent.

by Anonymousreply 390March 14, 2024 7:07 PM

[quote]Why isn't William catching heat for any of this British Royal Family mess

Dad's very ill, wife's very ill, brother's not to be trusted. For a Prince or pauper, that's a fair amount to cope with. The press might well be disposed to leave well alone, even if they hadn't been so requested.

by Anonymousreply 391March 14, 2024 7:25 PM

R390, I bet he’s guilty…of…something.

by Anonymousreply 392March 14, 2024 7:30 PM

[quote] wife's very ill

This part is still questionable.

Nothing yet has been proven, except that she's been absent from public view since December.

She could very well have filed for divorce from William, for all we know.

by Anonymousreply 393March 14, 2024 7:32 PM

[quote]This part is still questionable.

A lie about abdominal surgery would make photoshopping look trivial indeed.

by Anonymousreply 394March 14, 2024 7:37 PM

I wonder WTF is going on behind the scenes right now.

by Anonymousreply 395March 14, 2024 7:39 PM

Stoma. Colostomy.

by Anonymousreply 396March 16, 2024 1:23 AM

I wonder if Camilla and William are both melting down hard and their handlers have them shoved into their secluded fortresses till they get their shit together. Since ER 2.’s death it’s been a madhouse, and it can’t be easy on them. Those twats are never permitted to be human for even one minute of one day.

by Anonymousreply 397March 17, 2024 6:50 AM

And whose fault is that, R397?

They can’t show human emotion? That’s ridiculous and pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 398March 17, 2024 6:48 PM

“ER 2”? That’s a new one.

by Anonymousreply 399March 18, 2024 3:14 AM

They’re not encouraged to emote. Then, when they inevitably snap, the entire press corps cleans up behind them. The ones that bust out and run get iced or locked away or shunted off to their version of Siberia. They did it to the crazies in their family and Edward the 8th got fucked off to the Caribbean and France. Who knows what’s actually happening with all of them. Whatever it is it’s big and nasty if they’re working this hard.

Where are the klan grannies? What is their spin on this?

by Anonymousreply 400March 18, 2024 6:00 AM

[quote]They can’t show human emotion? That’s ridiculous and pathetic.

To be fair, QE2 wept when her Royal Yacht Britannia was decommissioned. She had real feelings for that big boat.

by Anonymousreply 401March 18, 2024 8:08 AM

[quote] To be fair, QE2 wept when her Royal Yacht Britannia was decommissioned. She had real feelings for that big boat.

And yet she didn't even bat an eyelash when Diana was killed in a car crash.

She had to be told to show some emotion for that.

by Anonymousreply 402March 18, 2024 8:10 AM

You saw that in “The Queen”, didn’t you, R402? Must be true, then!

by Anonymousreply 403March 18, 2024 10:26 AM

Generally, they don't show emotion in public. It's called dignity.

What happens in private only the well informed gossips and intelligent speculators know for sure.

by Anonymousreply 404March 18, 2024 12:22 PM

[quote] Generally, they don't show emotion in public. It's called dignity.

Oh, please. These people have no emotions.

They're cold as ice.

Which is precisely why Harry had to get the fuck away from them.

by Anonymousreply 405March 18, 2024 6:38 PM

[quote] Prince William's Reported Work-Shy Approach to His Royal Role Has Earned Him an Interesting Nickname

Prince William has grown up knowing that he has a sense of duty ahead of him as the heir to the royal family. His grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, took her role seriously in the 70 years she reigned, but there is a general sense that the Prince of Wales does not share her same respect for the throne.

William and his wife, Kate Middleton, have drawn clear boundaries and prioritized their family life to raise Prince George, 10, Princess Charlotte, 8, and Prince Louis, 5. Most people would agree that this is a healthy choice for a young family that is in the public eye, but there’s a growing sense of confusion as to why Prince William takes on so few engagements. After Kate’s immediate medical crisis seemed to have passed, and the kids are in school for most of the day, why isn’t William out there in the public eye more with the monarchy stretched so thin right now?

The press dubbed him “Work-Shy Willie” years ago because there is a perception that he prefers not to tackle a robust royal schedule. That nickname has stuck around, but there’s reportedly another surprising nickname from King Charles III’s inner circle that might be more worrisome. According to the Daily Mail, they call him the “10am to 4pm” prince because those are the only hours he will willingly work. The media outlet noted that it’s the Prince of Wales’ “stubborn nature” that is “contributing to the current sense of aimlessness” in his leadership role.

Prince William has planted the seeds for how he would like to reign as king, and anti-monarchists probably don’t want to hear that he wants to take on less royal patronages in the future. His plan is likely to invite more criticism about his work ethic, and that’s the last thing the royal family needs in a time of crisis.

During his Singapore tour last November, the Prince of Wales discussed his desire to narrow his focus to “social leadership” to bring more meaningful change. “You have to remain focused, if you spread yourself too thin you just can’t manage it and you won’t deliver the impact or the change that you really want to happen,” he told the print media, via Roya Nikkhah, Royal Editor of The Sunday Times on X.

His plan not only invites criticism to the palace, but it could also impact many charities’ financial futures. “These comments will be very concerning to a lot of charities that have relied on their royal patrons for generations. It is almost impossible to raise any serious amount of money in Britain without a royal patron,” one philanthropist told The Daily Beast. So, William might want to take a step back and reassess his plan because his less-than-motivated reputation is following him to the throne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406March 18, 2024 6:56 PM

A pic at last

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407March 18, 2024 8:16 PM

That's not Kate and William.

by Anonymousreply 408March 18, 2024 9:08 PM

I was wondering how long it would be before one of you lot suggested that they were doubles - not Kate and William at all!

The DL is nothing if not predictable.

Meanwhile all the tin hat brigade have gone strangely silent.

by Anonymousreply 409March 18, 2024 9:20 PM

It looks like them when you zoom in.

by Anonymousreply 410March 18, 2024 10:02 PM

That most certainly is Kate, and I'm 90% positive that's William. The baseball cap is pulled down pretty far, but in the distance shots you can see it's him - the gait, the height, etc.

by Anonymousreply 411March 18, 2024 11:26 PM

I hope that's a reusable carry bag.

by Anonymousreply 412March 18, 2024 11:37 PM

Kate is in Andorra 🇦🇩

by Anonymousreply 413March 18, 2024 11:57 PM

That is not them. That woman looks a lot like Kate - if that's what you're meant to think.

Hard to tell what the man looks like. Interesting that he's wearing a cap pulled low like that (which William never does) - while the woman is actually inviting notice.

Both Kate and William have impersonators. I think these are two of them.

by Anonymousreply 414March 19, 2024 12:26 AM

Cheekbone implants.

by Anonymousreply 415March 19, 2024 12:48 AM

R414 you’re right! William definitely didn’t have his baseball cap pulled down low at the King’s coronation!

FAKE!!

by Anonymousreply 416March 19, 2024 12:50 AM

I took a better screen shot from the video published by the Sun as linked by the OP in the thread that's just been deleted.

It looks just like her because it is her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417March 19, 2024 12:51 AM

R414 that’s fascinating re Kate and Wil’s impersonators! You seem really well informed! Can you share some example of when they have used doubles before? Photo evidence would be ideal. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 418March 19, 2024 1:11 AM

It's a brief blurry image. She's not wearing makeup, she's gaunt and lost a noticeable amount of weight (she must be off the steroids since she's not swollen/bloated anymore like in the car photo) plus there appears to be a little hair loss. Suddenly every fucking nobody on social media is a doctor AND a photoshop expert. Fucking idiots.

The Sussex Squad and the MAGAs (along with their respective cult leaders) need to be loaded onto rockets and launched straight into the sun.

by Anonymousreply 419March 19, 2024 1:34 AM

The Sussex Squad and the MAGATS are not working together. MAGATS are more likely to align with Peggy and Waity Katie, The Duchess of Doolittle.

by Anonymousreply 420March 19, 2024 12:58 PM

[quote]I hope that's a reusable carry bag.

Ha - I was thinking that too! The botched photoshop = bad, but not using recyclable shopping bags = off with her head!

by Anonymousreply 421March 19, 2024 1:12 PM

William in Sheffield today for his Homewards project to tackle homelessness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422March 19, 2024 4:03 PM

Trying to make him look sympathetic. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 423March 19, 2024 5:24 PM

What you on about American at r423? This is the kind of thing he does on a weekly basis and he's been working on the Homewards project for some time. You really don't have a fucking clue, do you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424March 19, 2024 10:46 PM

William meeting a Holocaust survivor a couple of weeks ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425March 19, 2024 10:49 PM

R424, the clue is that you are a gaslighting, delusional cunt. Kill yourself and put us out of your misery.

by Anonymousreply 426March 19, 2024 10:50 PM

Lol at r426. What a surprise that William-haters turn out to be violent, aggressive, hate-filled lunatics!

If William makes you feel miserable, r426, then why don't you just get off this thread?

by Anonymousreply 427March 19, 2024 10:54 PM

She just doesn’t feel good.

by Anonymousreply 428March 19, 2024 11:33 PM

No r427 I love trolling people like you. You love deflecting and being hypocritical. You people have said extremely vile things to anyone who doesn’t agree with your POV of WanK, or dares to criticize them, but it’s totally fine for you and your ilk to insult Meghan and Harry and those who support them. I think I understand your kind.

by Anonymousreply 429March 19, 2024 11:37 PM

Keep it up KGT until your next time out. We see you.

by Anonymousreply 430March 20, 2024 12:08 AM

It's outta control: The hospital where the Princess of Wales underwent abdominal surgery is investigating claims staff tried to access her medical notes, it was reported on Tuesday.

The alleged privacy breach relates to claims at least one member of staff unrelated to her treatment had tried to view her records, according to the Daily Mirror.

The Princess is said to have been made aware of the breach.

Kensington Palace said: “It is a matter for the London Clinic.”

The Princess and the King were treated at the hospital at the same time in January.

A spokesman for Buckingham Palace declined to comment.

The London Clinic has not yet responded to questions about the alleged breach, but told the newspaper: “We firmly believe that all our patients, no matter their status, deserve total privacy and confidentiality regarding their medical information.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431March 20, 2024 12:50 AM

A BBC sports reporter appeared to promote conspiracy theories about the Princess of Wales by suggesting it was a “lookalike” who was photographed over the weekend.

The Princess, whose absence from public life while she has been recovering from surgery has sparked a flurry of bizarre conspiracy theories, was pictured visiting the Windsor Farm Shop on Saturday.

Video and photographs emerged on Monday night capturing the 42-year-old alongside the Prince of Wales on a shopping trip close to her Adelaide Cottage home.

It follows weeks of speculation with a series of conspiracy theories about the Princess’ health spreading across social media, among them that the woman identified as the Princess is an actress or lookalike.

Sonja McLaughlan, the BBC’s rugby specialist, echoed this theory online, suggesting the individual seen shopping alongside Prince William was not his wife, but a double.

She also suggested Prince William could have been replaced by an actor.

Commenting on a video which compares the individual in the latest footage against past pictures of the Princess, Ms McLaughlan wrote: “It’s so obviously not Kate.

“Some newspapers are reporting it as fact. But it’s not her. No conspiracy theorist but all very odd.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432March 20, 2024 12:51 AM

If this episode has taught us anything, it’s allowed us to identify the absolute bat shit insane loonies in our midst.

by Anonymousreply 433March 20, 2024 12:56 AM

Andy Cohen has chimed in

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434March 20, 2024 12:58 AM

That BBC idiot should be fired.

by Anonymousreply 435March 20, 2024 12:59 AM

Oh, I see r429, you're an upset Megstan. No wonder you're an idiot who talks shit.

by Anonymousreply 436March 20, 2024 1:20 AM

[quote]A BBC sports reporter appeared to promote conspiracy theories about the Princess of Wales by suggesting it was a “lookalike” who was photographed over the weekend.

It wasn't a photograph, it was a video.

Regardless of whether it's Kate and William in the video - and this video has absolutely nothing to do with them, they didn't create it - I wonder what people who think there is some kind of mystery about Kate's whereabouts believe actually happened to her. Do you think she's dead? Walked out on William? Why is it so hard to accept that she had an operation, is recovering and will be back to public engagements after Easter?

by Anonymousreply 437March 20, 2024 1:24 AM

Since this video is about William's schedule, here he is visiting a youth centre last week. The kids are so comfortable with him. It's so cute when they high five him when he scored a basketball goal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438March 20, 2024 1:29 AM

R436 = 💩 pot.kettle.black.

by Anonymousreply 439March 20, 2024 2:06 AM

Not really, r436. You have absolutely no idea about what William does, what his weekly schedule is like, what his duties entail, what his goals and visions are, yet you make the most bizarre, twisted comments about him on the basis of some prejudiced ideas you have as an angry American with a specific ideological outlook. And your opinions of him aren't even based on anything he's done or said but some incoherent nonsense ideas thrown around by his brother and sister-in-law because they fell out with him and the rest of his family over the fact that Harry is a spoilt brat who thinks the world owes him a living.

Here's a suggestion: if you want to talk about William, find out about him first. Otherwise, you'll just sound like an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 440March 20, 2024 2:16 AM

The BRF has no one to blame but themselves for this mess. It would be now, and has been for over a month, so easy for them to shut this speculation down, but they (and by they, I mean William, as I suspect he's the been the one calling the shots in this story) refuse to out of sheer arrogance. William has single handedly obliterated any semblance of trust the public had in the royal family, to the point that videos and photos of them are being analyzed like the moon landing. That's not on the public—that's on them. They know exactly what they've needed to do to end this circus, and they refuse. The fact is, you can argue an entitlement to privacy, but no one is entitled to trust—trust has to be earned. And as soon as someone starts hiding and omitting and obfuscating, trust is destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 441March 20, 2024 5:31 AM

[quote] Prince William's Reported Hot Temper Is Getting a Second Glance by British Tabloids

One of the more shocking stories in Prince Harry’s memoir, Spare, last year involved an alleged physical altercation between him and his older brother, Prince William. The fight started over the Prince of Wales’ negative opinion of his sister-in-law, Meghan Markle, where Harry claimed William was a “parrot [of] the press narrative” as his brother described the Duchess of Sussex as “difficult,” “rude,” and “abrasive.”

While the headlines have simmered about Harry’s book, it seems that the Daily Mail is giving William’s temper a second look. They took a deep dive into Robert Lacey’s royal biography, Battle of Brothers, where the author also chronicled the Prince of Wales’ reputation for being hot-headed.

“He has proved no Sweet William when roused,’ wrote Lacey, via the Daily Mail. “In the years after her 2005 marriage to Prince Charles, Camilla recounted to members of her own family and close friends her surprise at discovering this unexpected side to Prince Charming – ‘the boy’s got a temper!‘ Charles’s wife was horrified at the ranting and raving that William unleashed on occasion against her husband in her presence.”

Lacey described the father-son fights as “shattering” with “William doing the shouting and Charles submitting meekly on the receiving end.” Camilla felt that “William held nothing back” during those battles, but the Daily Mail pointed out that the future king’s temper tantrums are “largely hidden” from public view these days (perhaps some Royal Rota protection?). But back in the day, his mother, Princess Diana, wasn’t even immune to her son’s outbursts.

After her infamous 1995 Panorama interview, “all hell broke loose” as William “started shouting and crying and when she tried to put her arms around him, he shoved her away.” Lacey wrote, “‘Diana was getting a taste of how William’s intensity could lead to his notorious rages. The following day, he apologized to his mother for his temper with a small bunch of flowers.”

These stories are seeing the light of day again, and it almost feels like a warning shot to Prince William from the British tabloids. Is the Royal Rota no longer protecting him and his image? That’s sure how it feels as the tide has turned against Kensington Palace’s PR blunder in handling Kate Middleton’s health crisis. There appears to be a much different tone to the headlines lately, and it doesn’t bode well for the royal family, particularly Prince William.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442March 20, 2024 5:54 AM

[QUOTE] That's not Kate and William.

QAnon in the house!

by Anonymousreply 443March 20, 2024 8:57 AM

[QUOTE] What you on about American at [R423]? This is the kind of thing he does on a weekly basis and he's been working on the Homewards project for some time. You really don't have a fucking clue, do you?

What does some bald brat set to inherit 16 palaces know about homelessness? The DL royalists are so tedious.

by Anonymousreply 444March 20, 2024 9:01 AM

R441, unclench. History was not made here. The internet did not lose its shit for the first time with this one. Neither did William single handedly cause the low intelligence or psychosis that drives the internet detective squad to new depths with each unusual event in the world. Though your umbrage sounds like that of a member of it, so this may be difficult news for you.

by Anonymousreply 445March 20, 2024 12:05 PM

A counter to the notion "William has single handedly obliterated any semblance of trust the public had in the royal family, to the point that videos and photos of them are being analyzed like the moon landing. That's not on the public—that's on them. "

The last thing the world needs is another column about the Kate photo saga, I told myself: famous last words. Of course, it’s true. Enough armchair experts have spent the past week or so picking apart every aspect of what is or isn’t a hand. But as so often with the teacup storms of the news cycle, the reaction was more interesting. For evidence that the world has gone mad, you could do worse than take a deep dive into the lore now surrounding the wider story.

Theories have ranged from the boring to the bonkers: there was speculation that the Princess of Wales had employed a body double to go to the farm shop. Others wondered if Catherine had converted to Islam and gone into hiding. “Inshallah they find her,” prayed one social-media user. The “Lizardmen” brigade’s time had come.

On one level, this is nothing new, given the royals’ unique ability to inspire nutty conspiracy theories. Wacky ideas about them have been stock in trade for centuries. From “Anne Boleyn had six fingers’’ to “Diana wuz murdered” or the sublimely farcical “James II’s baby was smuggled into the birthing chamber in a bedpan”: people have always believed the unbelievable, the unlikely and the downright weird about the royals.

But this has felt subtly different. The internet – and especially Americans on the internet – have taken things to the next level. There’s an irony to where many of these conspiracies originate, recalling Samuel Johnson’s quip about the US War of Independence – “How is it that we hear the loudest yelps for liberty among the drivers of negroes?”

We might say; “How is it that we read the most deranged tweets from people who claim not to care, or want, a Royal family?” Perversely, the global interest in the saga indicates the institution’s abiding soft power. Few politicians can command a fraction of this obsession.

Supposedly respectable people are getting in on it, too. Neoconservative writer Bill Kristol jokingly (I hope) called for “a total and complete shutdown of the Royal family until we can figure out what’s going on”. An academic at Penn State University speculated about whether the Prince of Wales had ordered the murder of his wife, My Last Duchess style. As a friend remarked, “they must choose professors differently in the States”.

To most of us, this represents “rolling around in your own urine in a Tube carriage” levels of insanity; no longer the homegrown slightly camp delusions of yore but violently bonkers suggestions which make Q-Anon look like the Royal Society.

Much of this indicates the brain rot that has infected many issues in America. But the serious side to this includes our vulnerability to attempts to delegitimise the British state or even the Crown itself. The Russians spread conspiracy theories that the King had died on St Patrick’s Day, in what was presumably a deliberate effort to destabilise a key ally of Ukraine and perhaps, inflame tensions in Ireland, too. The reaction also reveals a real problem in the online world; where spitefulness and schadenfreude dominate and the self-righteous usually prove the most abusive.

Kate will return, the Crown will survive, but the way this has morphed into a grubby obsession shows the internet at its sewer-like worst. Unhinged as these theories may seem, we indulge them at our peril.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446March 20, 2024 12:13 PM

That video is not her. It doesn’t look anything like her. It doesn’t even look like a good impersonator. The facial structure isn’t anywhere near Kate’s face, and it’s not because she “lost weight.” It’s absolutely insane to me that people are saying it’s her. We have seen thousands of pictures of her. This one (ridiculously grainy in this day and age with 4k phones) doesn’t look anything like her. At all. It looks completely staged. It’s also amazing to me given what’s happened in the past few weeks that anyone is buying what the palace is selling. You guys are rubes.

by Anonymousreply 447March 20, 2024 12:16 PM

[QUOTE] William has single handedly obliterated any semblance of trust the public had in the royal family, to the point that videos and photos of them are being analyzed like the moon landing

Agreed. William is a proven perpetrator of domestic violence who doesn't think twice about hitting a loved one. If he wasn't he would have challenged Harry's account of William punching him in the face in Spare.

Kate has been bullied by William since she was 19 and has coped by engaging in extremely disordered eating which has played havoc with her internal organs, hence the surgery and protracted recovery time.

by Anonymousreply 448March 20, 2024 12:19 PM

R448 and R447, for your own sanity, I trust those are parodies.

by Anonymousreply 449March 20, 2024 12:21 PM

R449 - is that all you've got? No attempt to defend the bald bully?

by Anonymousreply 450March 20, 2024 12:23 PM

R450, why would I defend against someone who thinks argument includes phrases like bald bully?

by Anonymousreply 451March 20, 2024 12:38 PM

[QUOTE] why would I defend against someone who thinks argument includes phrases like bald bully?

He IS bald and Spare proved him to be a bully. Punching his younger brother? He's despicable.

by Anonymousreply 452March 20, 2024 12:42 PM

[quote]If he wasn't he would have challenged Harry's account of William punching him in the face in Spare.

Harry is obviously unwell. Ignoring his hysteria is the kindest thing.

by Anonymousreply 453March 20, 2024 2:12 PM

They are r444. I have put most of them on ignore. Cuts down on the craziness and ignorance. I’m sure some of them are gay but most of them are deranged frauen who come here to hijack and take over Datalounge. And I think some of them have more than one account here. Someone should think about selling tinfoil fascinators on Amazon. They’d make a killing with a ton of repeat customers.

by Anonymousreply 454March 20, 2024 3:13 PM

UK nurse here.

If the hospital staff trying to look at her health records are nurses, their feet won’t touch the ground. The NMC will make a severe example of them.

by Anonymousreply 455March 20, 2024 6:06 PM

When Bill Clinton had his heart surgery years ago at Columbia Pres in NYC, several health care workers including a senior MD were let go for peeking at his medical records without authorization. Years prior to that, Ringo Starr's daughter underwent treatment at Dana Farber for benign brain cancer/growths, the unauthorized staff who peeked at her records were fired and charged under the federal law. Celebs are treated every day at major centers in LA like Cedars and St Johns in Santa Monica, without incident or leak.

This kind of thing happens a lot but it's up to the institution to take action.

by Anonymousreply 456March 20, 2024 6:26 PM

William attended the BAFTAS alone.

And he still looks miserable.

Why did he even bother going at all?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457March 20, 2024 9:40 PM

He ignored the press and was smiling and genial with everyone else. Sounds about right.

by Anonymousreply 458March 21, 2024 1:49 AM

[quote] Harry is obviously unwell. Ignoring his hysteria is the kindest thing.

How are things in the echo chamber? Brexit’s also going quite well, isn’t it?

by Anonymousreply 459March 21, 2024 1:52 AM

[quote] William attended the BAFTAS alone.

KATE IS DEAD

by Anonymousreply 460March 21, 2024 1:53 AM

[quote]After her infamous 1995 Panorama interview, “all hell broke loose” as William “started shouting and crying and when she tried to put her arms around him, he shoved her away.”

Good on him. She deserved a lot worse for doing that to him and Harry while they were away at boarding school. Imagine what they copped from the other kids. He should have broken her necklace and her dog's dish.

by Anonymousreply 461March 22, 2024 1:17 PM

[quote]William attended the BAFTAS alone. And he still looks miserable. Why did he even bother going at all?

More to the point, why didn't he take Me?

by Anonymousreply 462March 22, 2024 1:18 PM

[quote] And he still looks miserable.

He never looks happy.

by Anonymousreply 463March 22, 2024 1:32 PM

Miserable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464March 22, 2024 3:54 PM

Furious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465March 22, 2024 3:55 PM

So unhappy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466March 22, 2024 3:55 PM

R463, do you make it easy to shoot you and your ilk down because you're stupid, deranged, dishonest or just a garden variety Megtard?

by Anonymousreply 467March 22, 2024 3:57 PM

He has RBF, nothing to squawk about.

by Anonymousreply 468March 22, 2024 4:01 PM

His eyes are not smiling. And the smiling looks more like grimacing.

by Anonymousreply 469March 22, 2024 4:03 PM

You're mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 470March 22, 2024 4:19 PM

You posted 3 examples of the most fake, most forced smiles, ever. He's grimacing. I've seen people fake having a good time better at a colonoscopy.

by Anonymousreply 471March 22, 2024 4:36 PM

You see what you want to see, R471. I won't argue with the untruthful or the mentally ill. Off you go.

by Anonymousreply 472March 22, 2024 5:03 PM

Charlotte and George are probably marking which pieces of her jewelry they want.

by Anonymousreply 473March 22, 2024 7:51 PM

In fairness, Charlotte clearly models her public behaviour closely on Kate's. They really do look like they're close. She and George are probably both very upset about the diagnosis. Louis is too young and feral to understand, but they are at the age where they can imagine what it would mean to lose your mother. Charlotte cried a couple of times at the Queen's funeral, so she gets it.

by Anonymousreply 474March 25, 2024 12:25 PM

😭 r472 people are disagreeing with her and challenging her beliefs on the BRF…WAHHH.

by Anonymousreply 475March 26, 2024 12:42 AM

[quote] do most kids write a book, do a major televised interview, and a tv series about their disparaging their parents? If you had kids, would you be able to let it roll of your back?

Yes because I am a mature adult. And if I was king of an entire country, I would be embarrassed to even let the public know it bothered me for 5 minutes. Charles does not get a poor me victim snowflake pass. Man UP!

by Anonymousreply 476March 26, 2024 3:10 AM

Just to add, William knows very well what it means to lose your mother at a young age. I think there is way too much talk in the media about Kate dying, when there is no reason to think a cancer picked up early, cut out and then blasted with chemo will recur, so I don't want to encourage any further speculation of that kind. But I did notice that nobody running that line focussed on what telling his kids their mother has such a feared disease must be bringing back for William. It may also be causing him to reflect on his relationship with Charles from the point where Charles had to tell him Diana was dead. Anything thrown up by such thoughts would be complicated by Charles's own present illness.

In short, if William has a tendency to shut down or be more controlling than usual in this situation, we should offer him the kind of sympathy that Harry got with all his Diana grief as an adult, before he crossed all those lines.

by Anonymousreply 477March 27, 2024 2:37 AM

Really? Poor William the future king not "the spare". Will you throw shade at him just like you did to Harry? Of course not. Both kids from the same parents yet Harry gets the short end of the stick as usual. You people talk out of both sides of your mouth.

by Anonymousreply 478March 27, 2024 6:13 PM

[quote] Both kids from the same parents yet Harry gets the short end of the stick as usual.

Harry, appropriately, gets judged for his terrible deeds. Whatever short stick he gets is of his own making.

by Anonymousreply 479March 27, 2024 7:00 PM

[QUOTE]William has single handedly obliterated any semblance of trust the public had in the royal family

Good lord. The adolescent hyperbole and black and white thinking are off the charts here.

These are the very people accusing William of lacking temperamental restraint or emotional intelligence. Can't you people find any nuances in complicated situations? Christ almighty, ditch your concrete thinking.

by Anonymousreply 480March 27, 2024 7:21 PM

[quote] King Charles ‘Isn’t Sure’ Prince William Is Fit to Be King: ‘There Could Be Consequences’

After announcing that King Charles was battling cancer, the palace insisted that he “remains wholly positive about his treatment.” But it’s far worse than anyone knows, an insider tells In Touch exclusively: “He has pancreatic cancer and has a maximum of two years to live.”

While reeling from the tragic news just over a year into their reign, Charles, 75, and Queen Camilla, 76, “are also worried about Prince William, who is next in line to the throne, because he’s currently facing a public relations disaster,” says the source.

“Charles knows the pressures of being the monarch,” the source adds. “And he just isn’t sure William is ready to take his place. It seems premature, and there could be consequences.”

Amid Princess Kate Middleton’s health crisis – she announced on March 22 that she had been diagnosed with cancer – old rumors of an affair between William, 41, and Rose Hanbury resurfaced. While Rose, 40, insisted that the rumors are “completely false,” Charles is still worried that his eldest son will repeat the same mistake he made himself when he cheated on the prince’s mother, Princess Diana. “It’s a very awkward situation,” the source admits.

William has also reportedly turned to alcohol to deal with the stress, “with as many as four drinks a night,” claims the source. Although the royal was nicknamed “One-Pint Willy” by his cousin-in-law Mike Tindall, the insider says he has a habit of having a few drinks when he’s letting loose with friends.

A 2021 report claimed that William would have beers after work and “several glasses of wine with dinner,” leading him to “wake up crabby,” which his father was not pleased about. “Charles has counseled him that there can be no more carefree outings to the pub anymore,” the source adds.

William’s temper is also a cause for concern in the king’s eyes. In his tell-all, Spare, Prince Harry recalled a fight he had with his older brother, writing, “William grabbed me by the collar, ripping my necklace, and he knocked me to the floor. I landed on the dog’s bowl, which cracked under my back, the pieces cutting into me.”

A second source tells In Touch, “Word is, the altercation Harry mentioned in Spare wasn’t the first to occur. There was a growing rivalry between William and Harry ever since they were little and sometimes things got heated between them.”

Royals author Tom Quinn has also alleged that the “hotheaded” future king has directed his anger at Kate as well, to the point that they’ve had “terrible rows where they throw things at each other.

While Charles “is willing to try any treatment to extend his life by a few years, at least,” William remains frustrated by the rampant rumors about him as he waits to take the throne, the source says. “William does a very good job putting on a smile and calm face in public, but it does bother him. The feeling is that the current climate surrounding the monarchy has already cast a long shadow on his future as king.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481March 27, 2024 9:01 PM

[quote]“And he just isn’t sure William is ready to take his place. It seems premature, and there could be consequences.”

Uhh...not sure he'd have too much say over the matter in the event of his early demise. Would he prefer the crown go to George?

by Anonymousreply 482March 27, 2024 11:06 PM

The hysterics aren't DLers. They're Celesows who got out of the pig pen. I've read enough of their manure to know when I'm downwind of their talking points. Mean losers.

by Anonymousreply 483March 27, 2024 11:08 PM

I actually Googled "Celesows" and you must know there’s no such reference, right?

by Anonymousreply 484March 27, 2024 11:13 PM

There is now.

by Anonymousreply 485March 27, 2024 11:15 PM

R484, it's a reference to the typing fungi that thrives on the Celebitchy site. Pepsi guzzling, scooter riding sows with mean steaks as wide as their stretch pants.

by Anonymousreply 486March 27, 2024 11:16 PM

R480 can you do the same for Harry?

by Anonymousreply 487March 27, 2024 11:21 PM

R487 - I'm sorry, but my capacity for fantastical thinking is limited. However, you seem primed for his cause, so please do it and blow me off Datalounge with impunity. Alright?

Can you do that?

by Anonymousreply 488March 27, 2024 11:50 PM

[quote]He has pancreatic cancer and has a maximum of two years to live.”

True, pancreatic cancer used to be a death sentence (and a pretty quick one too), but I worked with a guy that had pancreatic/liver cancer and he received the same type of immunotherapy as Jimmy Carter and against all odds, that guy is still alive & kicking nearly 5 years later.

by Anonymousreply 489March 27, 2024 11:51 PM

Celeboaring.

by Anonymousreply 490March 28, 2024 12:00 AM

R488 you sound overwrought. Why don’t you rest beneath your bridge?

by Anonymousreply 491March 28, 2024 12:08 AM

You failed, of course.

by Anonymousreply 492March 28, 2024 1:29 AM

I want more than the word of "an insider" before I start projecting into the future. As discussed, while they're sometimes real, mostly they're the imaginary friend of the journo in search of a story.

by Anonymousreply 493March 28, 2024 4:15 AM

[quote]Harry, appropriately, gets judged for his terrible deeds. Whatever short stick he gets is of his own making.

But William always gets a pass. You proved my point.

by Anonymousreply 494March 28, 2024 4:24 AM

R494, the issue you face is that you can never convince enough people to believe a lie that William has ever done anything as bad as all the awful things Harry has done.

by Anonymousreply 495March 28, 2024 4:42 AM

I still don't understand why Brits put up with all their tax dollars going to support the British version of the Kardashians. You all sound as dumb as Trump supporters.

by Anonymousreply 496March 28, 2024 4:44 AM

[quote] Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Influence Is Overtaking Prince William’s Amid Kate Middleton’s Cancer

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, might be living 6,000 miles away from Buckingham Palace, but their royal influence is both growing and overtaking Prince William’s amid Princess Kate Middleton’s cancer reveal.

In a new data study conducted by Hennessey Digital and made public on Wednesday, March 27, Harry, 39, and Meghan, 42, narrowly follow Kate, 42, in terms of influence and popularity online and on social media. They are followed by the late Princess Diana Spencer, then by King Charles III. William, 41, is a distant four ranks removed from his younger brother and five from his wife.

Kate may be keeping her health battle behind closed doors, but she is still the living royal with the highest influence ranking. She enjoys 1.6 million Instagram hashtags, 412,000 Google searches and 184,600 views on TikTok per month, with the uptick in wild conspiracy theories about her well-being adding to her popularity.

Harry is close behind her, however, with 1.1 million Instagram hashtags, 700,000 Google searches and 177,000 views on TikTok per month. Meghan is quite literally in a league of her own, as she is the most Googled royal worldwide, boasting 1.2 million searches per month. In comparison, William is searched roughly 267,000 times on Google in a four-week period, pushing him considerably further down the ranks.

The increase of Harry and Meghan’s influence and popularity as a whole presents itself at a crossroads for the royal family. Kate’s battle with cancer not only pushed her behind closed doors, but gave social media users ample material to work with in regard to her whereabouts. Commentary on an alleged affair between William and Rose Hanbury reignited amid Kate’s disappearance, as did the status of their marriage as a whole. Conspiracy theories about William’s faithfulness, Kate’s quality of life as a royal, the status of her health and more painted an alarming picture of the firm.

By comparison, Harry and Meghan have largely kept to themselves since creating their lives in California, and continue to work in the nonprofit and charitable sectors. Most recently – and in a surprising announcement to fans everywhere – Meghan additionally revealed her new brand, American Riviera Orchard, which will likely feature a range of home and lifestyle products and stylings, according to the trademark license.

The schism between the two couple’s levels of influence is remarkably similar to that of the distance in their own lives. The Waleses and the Sussexes have not seen eye-to-eye for years now, and continue to forge their lives without the other couple much in consideration. Amid her cancer revelation, a source revealed that Kate and William do not want a visit from Harry and Meghan as it would cause “drama.” The revelation came amid rumors that the Sussexes learned of Kate’s condition along with the rest of the world.

“Several sources confirm that there were no such conversations and it is thought Harry found out about Kate’s diagnosis from television, at the same time as the public,” the Times of London reported, while another source told The Daily Beast of Kate and William, “They have come to terms with the estrangement from Harry, and are content to let sleeping dogs lie.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497March 28, 2024 8:20 AM

Anyone who posts from In Touch Weekly is a moron. Especially moronic is the idea that we're meant to be convinced by that shit.

by Anonymousreply 498March 28, 2024 9:42 AM

[quote]I still don't understand why Brits put up with all their tax dollars going to support the British version of the Kardashians. You all sound as dumb as Trump supporters.

Because they have nothing else. They left the EU like a bunch of hillbillies. They aren't attractive. Those who manage to escape being hit with the ugly stick, tend to hit the ugly wall by 35. They have bad teeth and breath. Other than a few dusty old palaces, cigarettes, Gin, and the BRF that's all they've got. So they hold on to it because that's their only identity.

by Anonymousreply 499March 28, 2024 1:18 PM

We don't have "tax dollars", r496 (this particular American is so self-centred he doesn't even realise that other countries have their own currency) and almost no tax money is spent on the royal family. Having the monarch as the head of state is a good constitutional arrangement for us, that's why we keep them. Perhaps look to reforming your own country's very flawed constitution first before you ignorantly tell others what to do.

by Anonymousreply 500March 28, 2024 1:36 PM

R492, it was your parents who failed. But it will be alright.

by Anonymousreply 501March 28, 2024 3:03 PM

[quote]Because they have nothing else.

Apart from world-class universities, scores of Nobel Laureates, and a phenomenal cultural scene.

As to hillbillies, England's disadvantaged have yet to invade and smash up the House of Commons on the urging of a mentally ill failed pseudo-PM, who fully intends to be PM again, despite that and several other pending criminal charges. But by all means celebrate that iconic event of proud American identity.

by Anonymousreply 502March 28, 2024 3:13 PM

Ouch, R502. Good one. One thing the Americans will never dominate is humility.

by Anonymousreply 503March 28, 2024 3:17 PM

[QUOTE]in terms of influence and popularity online and on social media. They are followed by the late Princess Diana Spencer,

This is a new trend I haven't heard of. Dead influencers.

by Anonymousreply 504March 28, 2024 4:45 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505March 28, 2024 4:54 PM

[quote]Because they have nothing else.

We invented the World Wide Web, on which you are speaking.

by Anonymousreply 506March 29, 2024 12:49 AM

[quote]and a phenomenal cultural scene.

Oh, sweetie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507March 29, 2024 2:14 AM

No, we Brits didn't invent the WWW, r506.

by Anonymousreply 508March 30, 2024 2:37 PM

In this video from 2001, Prince Charles (at the time) talks about William shouting at him.

It's somewhat of an awkward moment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509April 1, 2024 11:07 AM

They're talking about a football match, r509. People shout when watching/participating in sports, it's a positive thing that expresses support and passion. And Charles never said that William shouted at him - he says that William told Charles not to shout at him. Charles was just being an excited parent watching his kid at a match.

The truly sad thing about that video is that Harry has lost all that family and all those experiences, and his kids will never have them.

by Anonymousreply 510April 1, 2024 11:17 AM

[quote]The truly sad thing about that video is that Harry has lost all that family and all those experiences, and his kids will never have them.

Let me guess, you're the punching bag of your family, aren't you? They treat you like shit, yet you keep coming back for more because of "family" You're the joke of the family group text and they all talk about you behind your back.

by Anonymousreply 511April 1, 2024 1:35 PM

R511 = MSW degreed therapist from third rate commuter college with "issues" of her own who has no idea why her clients keep decompensating.

by Anonymousreply 512April 1, 2024 4:45 PM

R511 = MSW degreed therapist from third rate commuter college with "issues" of her own who has no idea why her clients keep decompensating.

by Anonymousreply 513April 1, 2024 4:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!