Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

ELSBETH....what is this shit?

Promos all over CBS and the show starts next Thursday.

A spinoff from The Good Wife, I guess, I never watched that show. But Carrie Preston the star looks like she fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

And her cloying acting and special needs movements really get on my nerves - and that's just the promo.

Am I missing something? Help me, DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 20, 2024 10:46 PM

Third thread about this show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 23, 2024 3:28 PM

She’s so funny.

by Anonymousreply 2February 23, 2024 3:28 PM

You’re literally on this thread. Why not comment there AGAIN instead of making a new thread?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 23, 2024 3:28 PM

Another thread just popped up .... didn't notice it before. Sorry.

Still looks like shit and I guess the CBS shills have to earn their money some way.

by Anonymousreply 4February 23, 2024 3:31 PM

That's what happens when you don't hire good writers. Or any writers.

by Anonymousreply 5February 23, 2024 3:40 PM

I expected to hate it and have her grate on me.

It was really good and she was terrific. Fun show. And Wendell Pierce, who is one of the best.

by Anonymousreply 6March 4, 2024 10:29 PM

Still can't get past the horrible promos.....but glad that someone watched it.

by Anonymousreply 7March 4, 2024 10:44 PM

R5 - Michael Patrick King

by Anonymousreply 8March 4, 2024 10:55 PM

Was this show cancelled? Only one episode a month ago.

by Anonymousreply 9March 26, 2024 12:07 AM

There will be two episodes on Thursday, April 4. I loved the first episode, so I'll be watching. It may be my new favorite show.

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2024 12:12 AM

What's not to like? On one of this week's episodes, Jane Krakowski murdered DL icon Linda Lavin. I'm sure Polly Holliday loved it!

by Anonymousreply 11April 6, 2024 10:47 PM

Why does nobody have normal names anymore?

by Anonymousreply 12April 6, 2024 10:54 PM

Wait, CBS is still a thing?

by Anonymousreply 13April 7, 2024 12:55 AM

It was ok. I wouldn't consider it "Must See TV"

by Anonymousreply 14April 7, 2024 1:02 AM

🤣🤣, OP. I guess you don't care for her!

by Anonymousreply 15April 7, 2024 2:06 AM

Mary Tyler Murder

by Anonymousreply 16April 7, 2024 2:11 AM

They're still filming so more elspisodes to come!

by Anonymousreply 17April 7, 2024 2:25 AM

Ah network nitwit tv! Love the lack of blood at all the crime scenes! Seems like they have leftover scripts from that stupid Elementary series.

by Anonymousreply 18April 7, 2024 2:44 AM

She is hardly ugly.

by Anonymousreply 19April 7, 2024 2:46 AM

R15 you're right!

And now that ugly annoying woman is creeping around during Young Sheldon & Ghosts and poking that deformed face onto my screen.

by Anonymousreply 20April 7, 2024 2:18 PM

The way she's portrayed in the promos makes her look like a character from a "talkie" film 100 years ago, making "big eyes" expressions, popping her head in from the side while wearing a foam souvenir hat. Just very vaudeville. I enjoy an interesting detective character, except when I have to watch them PERFORM their specific THING over and over.

by Anonymousreply 21April 7, 2024 4:33 PM

[quote]The way she's portrayed in the promos makes her look like a character from a "talkie" film 100 years ago

I assume you meant a SILENT film, as all films now are "talkies." (And there weren't any in 1924.)

by Anonymousreply 22April 7, 2024 5:59 PM

This week's episode had the still-yummy-after-all-these-years Blair Underwood.

by Anonymousreply 23April 20, 2024 10:32 PM

Op are you the CBS / Paramount publicity troll?

by Anonymousreply 24April 20, 2024 10:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!