Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dateline Port Charles: Still Waiting For Jason

When will Jason Morgan return to save the show?

Will he have any interaction with the Qs and what will become of Carly and Drew once he's back?

Continue the GH discussion here.

by Anonymousreply 600April 19, 2024 9:16 PM

Link to previous thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2024 3:18 AM

Didn't know there was a new thread up, that's why another one was started lol

by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2024 3:31 AM

I'm probably in the minority but I'm not looking forward to Jason's return.

by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2024 3:45 AM

R3 You're definitely not in the minority.

by Anonymousreply 4February 22, 2024 3:47 AM

Not a Jason fan, but his return should enliven the show. It's been pretty dull lately.

by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2024 6:21 PM

Definitely been a dull February sweeps so far.

January was so exciting, but February is just dragging on with little point.

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2024 6:33 PM

Entire show seems to be in a holding pattern, waiting for Jason's arrival on March 4, which also marks the debut of Patrick Mulcahey's stories.

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2024 9:14 PM

NLG singing Korte's praises to SOD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2024 9:25 PM

Like Nancy Lee Grahn said in the article above, I am also looking forward to more Alexis-Nina scenes. Lots of potential for drama and laughs there.

by Anonymousreply 9February 23, 2024 12:11 AM

Everyone seems to like Cynthia. She does seem lovely on SM.

Are she and JPS still close? I saw a blooper on X a while back and the scene was Valentin and Anna sitting at a table at the MC, Nina standing talking to them and then she walks away to get on elevator but Cynthia walks forward before the elevator door opens and she walk into the door. Finola says "OMG, Cynthia are you okay?" but JPS doesn't even turn around just barely looks up from whatever he was reading and snarks "Was that a choice?" to which Cynthia responds "NO! It wasn't a choice". Maybe it's just their humor but I thought he could have been a little more concerned, lol.

by Anonymousreply 10February 23, 2024 12:34 AM

R6 That's one of the reasons why Chris and Dan were fired, taking too long to wrap up stories without any drama in between. They seem to do better when they have short stories or one-off episodes; for they knew NAC was taking a break so they made his exit dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 11February 23, 2024 3:16 AM

R12 They're still close lol he just prefers Valentin with Anna while Finola loves Anna with Valentin as well. Maurice, of course, wants Sonny to stay with Nina. Frank and the producers/scabs were "allegedly" flirting with a Sonny/Anna one-night stand, along with Valentin/Nina having one as well, then Chris & Dan were supposedly going to swap out Anna for Ava in the story, yet now there's apparently going to be an Anna/Valentin reunion, for Korte loves them together. Finola wasn't necessarily opposed to a Sonny/Anna hookup, however she did reference that it wouldn't exactly make sense 😁

by Anonymousreply 12February 23, 2024 3:26 AM

They barely played any Joss and Dex scenes in December and January, so I'm having a hard time feeling any empathy for Joss wanting to find Dex now that Sonny has sent him away.

I realize they cut back on the Joss and Dex scenes in December and January because Eden was off following her mother's death, but this was poor planning on the writers part.

Hard to mourn the breakup of a couple that barely had any screen time for the previous two months.

by Anonymousreply 13February 23, 2024 6:06 PM

Rena Sofer off her short-term contract and on recurring now.

She can go. The 90s shtick isn't working this time around, too cartoonish for a non-villain. They should have matured her a bit and toned down the Bensonhurst nonsense. Doesn't appear they are chem testing her with anyone so maybe they will fade her out after Chase and Chaste's wedding.

by Anonymousreply 14February 23, 2024 7:08 PM

R14 Lol interesting timing since she has a history with Patrick Mulcahey from B&B, however the network and to a certain extent Frank are responsible for contractual and non-contractual roles.

Would anyone here be interested in Jacob Young back as Lucky, or even Darin Brooks joining the cast? Frank prefers only Jonathan Jackson as Lucky, yet Jonathan has made it clear that he's no longer willing to deal with the daily grind of soaps, while Jacob is more than eager.

by Anonymousreply 15February 23, 2024 9:36 PM

Besides Stone also being Jagger's son's name, that's Morgan's middle name for anyone who either forgot or just doesn't really care 😆 Chris and Dan were planning to bring Morgan back and he was rumored as the mob assassin

by Anonymousreply 16February 23, 2024 9:39 PM

Evan Hofer played along with fans recently who believe that Dex is actually Dante's son, by sharing snaps of a recent trip he embarked on to New York, with the ending snap being of a store named Falconeri's

by Anonymousreply 17February 23, 2024 9:44 PM

Nay on both, r15.

They need to search for a better Lucky. And didn't Jacob give a very critical interview after he was ushered off B&B? Isn't that frowned up in the soap world?

Darin Brooks irks me in the same way Chad Duell does.

by Anonymousreply 18February 23, 2024 9:44 PM

Jacob did seem to be pretty bitter upon his exit, yet he also tried campaigning for his job back on B&B, to no avail. Bradley Bell possibly didn't take too kindly to it, for they seem to bring Bridget in when necessary, yet never Rick.

Oh wow 😳 I never thought to compare the two together, now I can't unsee it 😆

by Anonymousreply 19February 23, 2024 9:48 PM

A news story presented four possible scenarios in regards to who's targeting the mob bosses:

1. Stone Cates, Jr.

2. Jagger Cates

3. Jason aka Stone Cold

4. Jagger and Jason working together

by Anonymousreply 20February 23, 2024 9:52 PM

Since there are fraus up in arms now about Kristina and Blaze, there's going to be plenty of pearls clutching if Patrick Mulcahey brings Lucas back full-time along with Aiden's boyfriend popping up as well 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 21February 23, 2024 9:58 PM

This was Port Charles, but David Gail, the actor who recently died had cause of death announced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 24, 2024 3:46 AM

Can definitely tell we've got new writers just by the sharper dialogue.

by Anonymousreply 23March 20, 2024 12:44 AM

And now we're here on this thread!

Prior thread was here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 20, 2024 4:19 AM

Picking up the discussion at the end of the previous thread — Dex as Courtney's son also makes him Spencer's brother, yes?

by Anonymousreply 25March 20, 2024 8:40 AM

Man...FUCKING Josslyn. "Did Jason kill for Sonny?" Good scene between Anna and Dex tho.

by Anonymousreply 26March 20, 2024 11:18 AM

[quote] Finola wasn't necessarily opposed to a Sonny/Anna hookup, however she did reference that it wouldn't exactly make sense

That would only be mildly less revolting than when they paired Anna with Luke.

by Anonymousreply 27March 20, 2024 12:28 PM

R23 Right. Patrick Mulcahey is also contributing to scripts, apparently, such as Alexis/Diane scenes and that storyline with Marshall, the scenes with Ryan, Stella and Curtis . Elizabeth Korte also, to a certain extent, primarily anything that has to do with Carly.

by Anonymousreply 28March 20, 2024 1:14 PM

R25 If so, then yes, although it's unconfirmed that he's Courtney and Jason's son. He's rumored to be Jason's son with someone else, Jason/Courtney's or Dante's.

by Anonymousreply 29March 20, 2024 1:16 PM

R26 Thought it was a good scene too, even though Dex is being called a snitch. It's leading up to Dex walking away from the mob to prove himself to Joss, Dex firmly being established as an enemy of Sonny's, Anna seeing Sonny for the man he really is, Anna and Jagger growing closer, etc.

by Anonymousreply 30March 20, 2024 1:19 PM

R27 Revolting 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 31March 20, 2024 1:19 PM

Characters are also interacting with others outside of their normal "bubble" under Korte/Mulcahey, similarly to how everyone would primarily intersect at one point or another on old school soaps. Frank/Chris/Dan had everyone isolated somewhat, although that had more to do with limitations imposed by actors, allowing certain liberties such as dictating storylines/screen partners, etc. (which mainly started during the whole Frons/Guza/Phelps era)

by Anonymousreply 32March 20, 2024 1:49 PM

2 weeks in and I’m done with the new writers. It’s been a nice ish 40 years or so. Bye!

by Anonymousreply 33March 21, 2024 12:30 AM

[quote]Patrick Mulcahey is also contributing to scripts, apparently, such as Alexis/Diane scenes and that storyline with Marshall, the scenes with Ryan, Stella and Curtis .

That was my impression too. As I watched, I said, "Wow! Show does have new writers." I couldn't imagine those scenes airing under Chris and Dan.

by Anonymousreply 34March 21, 2024 12:33 AM

R32, characters are interacting with each other in different combinations, but they’re all talking about JASON ffs.

by Anonymousreply 35March 21, 2024 12:49 AM

[quote] it's unconfirmed that he's Courtney and Jason's son. He's rumored to be Jason's son with someone else, Jason/Courtney's or Dante's.

I just heard on a youtube channel that Dex is the son of Jason Quartermaine (pre-accident) and Karen Wexler. Man, they went elbow-deep to pull that out of their ass.

by Anonymousreply 36March 21, 2024 1:07 AM

r36

Then Dex would be much older than Michael yet he's the age of Joss

by Anonymousreply 37March 21, 2024 1:11 AM

Karen had a VERY long gestation that lasted well beyond her death.

If true, it would give Scotty a heretofore unknown grandson which means Dex will die in a few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 38March 21, 2024 1:18 AM

Could Dex be the autistic son of Agent Cates? He does seem kind of “different.” Or is that just his acting?

by Anonymousreply 39March 21, 2024 1:24 AM

[quote]If true, it would give Scotty a heretofore unknown grandson which means Dex will die in a few weeks.

We're not sure what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 40March 21, 2024 2:16 AM

R34 😆 Chris and Dan (with Frank's influence) would've probably had endless conversations about the same things over and over amongst the same groups of characters, with Violet added in for the "cute factor"

by Anonymousreply 41March 21, 2024 6:02 AM

R34 😆 Chris and Dan (with Frank's influence) would've probably had endless conversations about the same things over and over amongst the same groups of characters, with Violet added in for the "cute factor"

by Anonymousreply 42March 21, 2024 6:03 AM

R35 Well that has happened somewhat, but not every scene nor everyone is heavily focused on Jason. It's a lot but it's not the entire show.

by Anonymousreply 43March 21, 2024 6:05 AM

R36 That could actually work; even though she was on PC then killed around the time Jason was off & on GH, they could easily explain that somehow they reunited, even if only for one night.

by Anonymousreply 44March 21, 2024 6:08 AM

Eden gave an interview to Soap Opera Digest in regards to the Joss/Dex break-up; she says that the show needs new younger actors to fill out that age group.

*There's a rumor that Eden and Evan are having real-life problems

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 21, 2024 6:13 AM

These GH threads seem to be filled to the brim with backstage chatter and rumors.

by Anonymousreply 46March 21, 2024 1:30 PM

Maurice is "allegedly" contemplating retirement from GH (yet again)

by Anonymousreply 47March 21, 2024 1:42 PM

Although, for the time being, Maurice is open to both Ava/Sonny and Natalia/Sonny

by Anonymousreply 48March 21, 2024 1:45 PM

Finola speaks on Anna and Jagger's conversation, among other things

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 21, 2024 3:04 PM

How did NAC get time off to make the Netflix series? He was a newbie and it was his first contract so I doubt he had the leverage to have outs written into his contract. Seasoned soap actors have to fight for that kind of benefit.

by Anonymousreply 50March 21, 2024 5:19 PM

[quote]Maurice is "allegedly" contemplating retirement from GH (yet again)

If only he would.

He does this on a yearly basis doesn't he? It seems to be a ploy to satisfy his ego, to get fans to tell him how much they adore him and worship him.

Maurice seems to be a very insecure man if he has to do that so routinely.

by Anonymousreply 51March 21, 2024 6:05 PM

Mo's post GH role in the dinner theater touring company of Sling Blade will be a tour de force!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 21, 2024 7:04 PM

I pray, pray, pray the power that be realize that a show that makes a hero of a mobster is a bad idea. Apart from the occasional shooting, Sonny makes his money through something (unnamed) illegal. If it’s illegal, that means it’s hurting somebody. Just because we don’t see those unidentified victims, doesn’t mean they don’t exist. Now my big worry is that they will make Jason a superhero, because he’s “loyal” — which excuses everything — and confused a daytime drama with a comic book. When will they learn that the focus should be on Liz, Laura, Anna, the Davis women, and Ava — each is a powerful actor who can carry a story, a drama. Enough with the goons and their molls!

by Anonymousreply 53March 21, 2024 7:16 PM

enough with that snaggletoothed shrieking whore!

by Anonymousreply 54March 21, 2024 7:40 PM

Are Drew and Nina going to have rage sex?

Someone mentioned Mulcahey likes messy storylines....

by Anonymousreply 55March 21, 2024 9:55 PM

Mulcahey should have one of these twunks restrained in leather.

by Anonymousreply 56March 21, 2024 10:54 PM

Olivia and Cody is the mess I want! Michael / Chase is the mess that should go for! Want Brooklyn with a better pairing. Nik? Same for Liz maybe Jagger? New Lucky?

by Anonymousreply 57March 22, 2024 1:07 AM

As long as Brooklyn actress won't do love scenes and all she wears is baggy clothes and blazers, she shouldn't be paired with anyone. It's waste of a handsome 20/30 something actor to be paired with her.

Make her a cutthroat businesswoman who doesn't have time for romance or recast. If they can't recast due to fear of lawsuit on religious grounds, kill her off. Make it a mass killing along with other characters so it doesn't appear she's singled out.

No one ever really dies on soaps anyway. If GH is still around in a year or two, bring the character back down the road as a recast and attribute it to a regime change "going a different direction".

by Anonymousreply 58March 22, 2024 1:18 AM

The main problem with GH right now (after its sophomoric mob obsession) is the absence of male sexual energy. Michael is milquetoast. Jason is robotic. Cody is respecting his inamorata’s wish to be friends. Valentin is absent. Chase is not allowed to be sexual towards his partner. Finn is annoying. TJ is goody-two-shoes. Curtis is asexual. Kevin is avuncular. Sonny is pathetic. Dex looks too stoned (and monotonic). Cyrus is repulsive-looking. I have hopes for “call-me-John” and Gregory has a mischievous smile but is stuck in a dead-end storyline. And get Dante out of his coma…he can turn on the sexual energy.

by Anonymousreply 59March 22, 2024 2:01 AM

[quote] As long as Brooklyn actress won't do love scenes and all she wears is baggy clothes and blazers

And what, praytell, religion prevents her from performing love scenes? Can you imagine the unmitigated hubris (if not abject stupidity) of a young actress on a soap opera declaring she can play love scenes? WTF did she think soaps were all about? Go get a job on a TV show where sex and skimpy attire is not standard fare. It's like getting hired as a waiter at a seafood restaurant and then declaring your religion prevents you from being near shellfish. Funny thing is, she's not even all that hot or even all that much of an actress.

by Anonymousreply 60March 22, 2024 2:02 AM

Amanda and Rena are both from Orthodox Jewish backgrounds and have bonded over having this in common. Rena's father is a rabbi. Rena said on Mo's show she has relatives she's not allowed to touch or even shake hands with.

Amanda's husband must be very conservative and insecure. The gown she wore to the Emmys recently was just a head/face covering short of a burka. Her husband must be involved in the industry in some respect if they attended the Emmys. I posted the photo on the last GH thread.

by Anonymousreply 61March 22, 2024 2:19 AM

R50 NAC was able to get an out because the network and Frank loves him, so his management team negotiated an out on exchange for him completing the duration of his contract. The network and Frank are lenient with outs when it comes to certain actors they like and/or they're able to leverage something out of it. The network supposedly offered NAC a one-year contract with generous outs and an increase in pay, upon the conclusion of his current contract, yet he reportedly isn't interested.

by Anonymousreply 62March 22, 2024 3:36 AM

R51 Yes 😁 this is something he mentions routinely, which many believe is a ploy to garner interest from his fans, practically begging him to stay. Maurice sadly is very insecure; he claims that he's changed or that he was different back then, however he still seems to show traits of his insecurity.

The reason why Maurice was gifted that huge home for Sonny when he was already living in the penthouse (I believe it was around 2004/2005) is because Maurice complained to the higher ups, asking them why couldn't Sonny have a big mansion like Wyndemere, leading them to appease him

by Anonymousreply 63March 22, 2024 3:42 AM

R54 😁

by Anonymousreply 64March 22, 2024 3:43 AM

R55 Mulcahey loves messy stories and the network apparently wants them to get as messy as possible, so you never know

by Anonymousreply 65March 22, 2024 3:45 AM

R57 Olivia and Cody are rumored to hook up

by Anonymousreply 66March 22, 2024 3:45 AM

R58 Josh Swickard was thisclose to not re-signing his contract when it was up this year, back in February; he has one foot out of the door, which makes it hard to believe that he is as equally against love scenes as Amanda Setton and that he's happy with the Brook Lynn/Chase pairing. Frank had to practically twist his arm for him to stay, for he's miserable in his current storyline, "allegedly."

by Anonymousreply 67March 22, 2024 3:50 AM

I'm in the minority because I think that the actor who plays Michael can do a whole lot more, but for some reason they write him in this milquetoast way. Maybe it's a network choice.

by Anonymousreply 68March 22, 2024 3:52 AM

Brook Lynn and Chase have quite the following "Chalynn" so it's practically mandated that they remain together, for now at least.

by Anonymousreply 69March 22, 2024 3:52 AM

R59 If they let Patrick Mulcahey go for it, without any restraints or pushback, I think he'd amp up the hot male quotient. Early observations from their writing is that both he and Korte seem to adore Cody (obviously Frank loves him too) for he's apparently going to be featured more. Under Chris & Dan, he was sort of forced upon them by Frank when Josh Kelly text him asking him for a job, so Cody was created.

by Anonymousreply 70March 22, 2024 3:56 AM

R60 Lol Frank lets her get away with it, however the network is supposedly nipping Frank's leniency towards actors in the bud.

by Anonymousreply 71March 22, 2024 3:58 AM

R61 That's what has been speculated, it's more so her husband who's against them, for Amanda played a stripper/gold digger on OLTL (for those who weren't watching OLTL)

by Anonymousreply 72March 22, 2024 4:00 AM

The actor who plays Cody was terrific on OLTL — handsome, mischievous, seemingly spontaneous expressions, great eyes, good body — really a breath of fresh air. I recognize it’s 12 or so years later, but he seems so confined in his present role, like the actor is desperately trying to break out. His “woe-is-me, I’m not a good enough person to be Mac’s son” shtick is tiresome and too one note. I hope they give him some oomph under the new writing regime. Let the wild Cody come out!

by Anonymousreply 73March 22, 2024 2:07 PM

For old school viewers, how familiar were you with Ms. Whitaker? This is three days old but didn't see it mentioned here, R.I.P.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 22, 2024 2:18 PM

R68 More so Maurice's choice, for he personally dictated the writing for Michael. In his eyes, if any of Sonny's children were rebellious, it reflected badly on Sonny and his parenting. The writer's were always somewhat stifled when it came to writing Sonny's kids as anything other than boring, unless there was an explanation for their behavior, such as Morgan being bipolar like his dad. Michael joining the mob, fully embracing his Quartermaine heritage, denouncing Sonny were all rejected by Maurice, when he was in control of what the writers could and couldn't write when it came to the Corinthos family, for Kristina wasn't "allowed" to rebel too much either. Michael was only able to get this far now for Maurice got to keep Nina with Sonny and Joshua added on canvas as a bonus.

by Anonymousreply 75March 22, 2024 2:28 PM

R73 - Long-lapsed viewer who watched Bobbie's funeral (over a few days), so I got myself an eyeful of Mr. Cody. Daaaaaamn. That Frank sure does have a lot of hot male friends in need of a helping hand...

Josh could have a thread all to himself.

By the way, when I first heard there was a new character on the show named Cody Bell I thought... is he Sam's little brother come back, or is he somehow related to Kat-Splat Bell? Have they said who his momma is, because Katherine and Mac did have an on-screen romance about 30 years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76March 22, 2024 9:27 PM

Welcome back 😊 Katherine is actually Cody's aunt, for Dominique and Mac are his parents (although Mac still doesn't know, for Cody is posing as the son of Dominique's rich ex-husband Leopold Taub). Sam's little brother I believe passed away, she named her and Jason's son Danny after him. Cody McCall was Sam's assumed father however he real father is Julian Jerome.

by Anonymousreply 77March 22, 2024 10:34 PM

*however her real father is Julian Jerome, I meant to say.

by Anonymousreply 78March 22, 2024 10:35 PM

[quote] Sam's little brother I believe passed away, she named her and Jason's son Danny after him. Cody McCall was Sam's assumed father

Oh right. So which one did she screw? Or was it both?

by Anonymousreply 79March 22, 2024 11:05 PM

R79 LMAO wait, what? Here's Sam's romantic history:

Ex-husband #1 Douglas McIntire

Ex-husband #2 Bill Monroe (Amelia Joffe's father)

Ex-husband #3 Sullivan Curtis

Ex-husband #4 Leland Powell

Ex-husband #5 Henry Archer (Shiloh's father)

Ex-husband #6 Andrew Olson

Chase Wright

Nico Dane

Jax

Sonny

Jason

Ric

Lucky

Patrick

Silas

Drew

Dante

by Anonymousreply 80March 22, 2024 11:44 PM

Laura Wright gave an interview discussing Carly/Jason, along with her thoughts on other men who've crossed Carly's path:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81March 23, 2024 12:04 AM

I remember loving Sam and Lucky and the sleazy Sam and Ric was great too!

by Anonymousreply 82March 23, 2024 1:03 AM

R80 - Which is why everyone calls Sam the Human Petrie dish. Poor Dante, allergic to prophylactics...

by Anonymousreply 83March 23, 2024 1:06 AM

Well, there's your teenage storyline.

Rocco is also allergic to prophylactics and falls for a girl he meets in school . . .

by Anonymousreply 84March 23, 2024 1:09 AM

r80 Didn't Sam also sleep with Shiloh as part of joining the Dawn of the Day "trust." Or something like that?

by Anonymousreply 85March 23, 2024 1:11 AM

Violet has been violated!

by Anonymousreply 86March 23, 2024 1:12 AM

R82 "Summer of Sleaze" 😆 the nickname given when she slept with Ric. Guza wanted to shake everything up and have a hot summer so that's why he had all those different hookups. Also Monaco was contemplating her exit (she was planning to quit the following year, in favor of a career in prime-time & film) so they were making Sam as unlikeable as possible on her way out, until she decided to stay at the last minute (Frons got her to stay, with a renewed contract, better pay, perks, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 87March 23, 2024 1:28 AM

R83 😁

by Anonymousreply 88March 23, 2024 1:29 AM

R85 I think they just kissed, although Shiloh assumed she was going to have sex with him. I don't think she actually went through with it, iirc

by Anonymousreply 89March 23, 2024 1:31 AM

GH slightly slipped in the ratings; they were up to 2,168,000 the week of Jason's return, then dropped to 2,101,000 last week.

by Anonymousreply 90March 23, 2024 1:39 AM

Kate Mansi speaking (again) on her onset crush, Dominic Zamprogna

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91March 23, 2024 1:45 AM

Previews for next week:

Mon 3/25/24

Jason tells his story.

Elizabeth is overcome with emotion.

Stella comforts Trina.

Michael is cautious.

Jake is furious.

Tues 3/26/2024

Anna is stunned.

Carly is determined to get to Jason.

Ava comforts Sonny.

Curtis is suspicious.

Gregory's symptoms become more pronounced.

Wed 3/27/2024

Sam and Jason come face to face.

Danny and Jake argue.

Anna offers a surprising proposal to Dex.

Trina makes a heartbreaking confession.

Brook Lynn shares a message.

Thur 3/28/2024

Tempers fly at Jason's arraignment.

Carly and Alexis are surprised.

Sonny has his doubts.

Sam gets some hope.

Nina is insistent.

Fri 3/29/2024

Jason meets with Sonny.

Ava and Sonny have a close moment.

Anna learns some important information.

Valentin makes arrangements.

Olivia, Danny and Rocco rush to Dante's bedside.

by Anonymousreply 92March 23, 2024 3:05 AM

r80 That a girl! Is this for real? I only started watching about 10 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 93March 23, 2024 4:13 AM

Attagirl

by Anonymousreply 94March 23, 2024 4:20 AM

Sam is a CORVAH!

by Anonymousreply 95March 23, 2024 4:27 AM

R93 Yes it's for real 😁 the six ex-husbands were prior to her arriving in Port Charles; they were merely rich older men and a means to an end. It was mentioned awhile after that she may or may not have went all the way with each ex-husband, in an effort to clean up Sam's image (after she was "slut-shamed" by fans, who claimed that Sam was no different than Kelly)

Chase Wright was played by Sean Blakemore, way back in 2003 when Monaco first joined. He was her boyfriend right before she came to PC, helping her run cons together.

Nico Dane was played by Ryan Alosio, he was Sam's older ex-boyfriend that she began dating when she was 18 and he was 27. He came back to town and Jason ended up killing him after he stalked and kidnapped Sam (when she was pregnant by Sonny).

by Anonymousreply 96March 23, 2024 4:54 AM

R93 Also when Sam slept with Ric, he was married to Alexis at the time (Alexis and Sam had recently learned that they were mother and daughter). Both Alexis and Jason witnessed them having sex, which led Jason to sleeping with Elizabeth, creating Jake; Elizabeth had just found out Lucky was cheating on her with Maxie, so it was more of comfort sex (when Elizabeth got pregnant with Jake, she didn't know if Jason or Lucky was the father).

by Anonymousreply 97March 23, 2024 5:09 AM

Correcting myself at R87, Monaco considered leaving in '06 for prime-time after her star seemed to arise out of daytime, thanks to her being the first winner of Dancing with the Stars in '05 (she was almost cast on Desperate Housewives, or another prime-time show on ABC, until talks fell through) however she didn't really take it seriously until 2009; she refused to re-sign her contract by it's deadline, so Sam was almost recast, until she ultimately decided to stay (for Frons didn't want to let her walk)

by Anonymousreply 98March 23, 2024 5:19 AM

Josh Kelly will be featured in an upcoming film role

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99March 23, 2024 5:35 AM

R84 Not sure how that's a story, since there are readily available alternatives on the market for men who are allergic to latex prophylactics. Leading suppliers Durex and SKYN market polyisoprene condoms. And Trojan's Raw and Bareskin lines both feature polyurethane ones.

by Anonymousreply 100March 23, 2024 5:55 AM

[quote] Also when Sam slept with Ric, he was married to Alexis at the time (Alexis and Sam had recently learned that they were mother and daughter). Both Alexis and Jason witnessed them having sex, which led Jason to sleeping with Elizabeth

Poor Alexis, always last one picked.

by Anonymousreply 101March 23, 2024 12:42 PM

[quote] Josh Kelly will be featured in an upcoming film role

Hopefully for Colt Video

by Anonymousreply 102March 23, 2024 12:44 PM

Josh Kelly was much hotter in his time on OLTL. He's still handsome but whatever hairstyle and/or beard dye he's using now, a professional isn't helping him.

He was mind-meltingly hot back then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103March 23, 2024 1:39 PM

Never watched OLTL, but he's plenty hot for me now. Might not be hot enough for me to start watching the show again, but... yum.

by Anonymousreply 104March 23, 2024 1:43 PM

*sniff*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105March 23, 2024 1:50 PM

I haven't watched all week.

I subscribe to a YouTube channel that posts the previews for the next day and I do invest the 30 seconds to watch that. Haven't seen any previews that compel me to tune in for an entire episode.

I'll be checking here for updates. If Anna hooks up with Jagger, Victor or Britt are resurrected or Laura decides to scour the earth in search of a doctor to wake up her daughter or demand her son Lucky come home, then I'll make it a point to watch.

by Anonymousreply 106March 23, 2024 2:45 PM

Steve and Brad compliment Josh on his weight loss.

Josh says he felt bad being schlubby on a soap. Now I feel bad for all the times I called him carb face in the beginning.

Someone upthread said Josh is well liked on set. Brad says that recurring people like him don't have their own dressing room and use whatever dressing is available. Josh makes sure his dressing room is comfortable for whoever uses it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107March 24, 2024 12:46 AM

I suspect carb face was actually booze face.

by Anonymousreply 108March 24, 2024 12:48 AM

Why did he go back to soaps? He was a building a nice non soap career.

by Anonymousreply 109March 24, 2024 12:51 AM

Imagine having your looks criticized by dried-up beef jerky Burton and fug Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 110March 24, 2024 10:23 AM

R73 He's HOT but his lack of lips is disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 111March 24, 2024 10:50 AM

Josh Kelly looked fine as he was, and probably even hotter in real life.

by Anonymousreply 112March 24, 2024 11:17 AM

Panic on X as NAC unfollows most of GH.

Supposedly still following some on IG

by Anonymousreply 113March 24, 2024 12:14 PM

I never get why people do this. Just mute them ffs!

by Anonymousreply 114March 24, 2024 12:42 PM

R101 Pretty much. Alexis has terrible luck when it comes to men.

by Anonymousreply 115March 24, 2024 3:35 PM

R102 I'd love to see that 😁😁

by Anonymousreply 116March 24, 2024 3:36 PM

R109 Work seemed to go from steady to sporadic, so he contacted Frank for something more stable.

by Anonymousreply 117March 24, 2024 3:37 PM

[quote]Also when Sam slept with Ric, he was married to Alexis at the time (Alexis and Sam had recently learned that they were mother and daughter). Both Alexis and Jason witnessed them having sex, which led Jason to sleeping with Elizabeth

That sounds so good and messy. Soaps just don't do that kind thing anymore.

by Anonymousreply 118March 24, 2024 3:39 PM

R118 Very messy 😁😁 yeah it's not the same these days. Patrick Mulcahey and the network apparently want to reinstated the messiness on GH

by Anonymousreply 119March 24, 2024 3:55 PM

R113 Definitely panic. His return is now up in the air; he unfollowed Frank and the main GH account on Twitter/X yet continues to follow Ryan Murphy and NetFlix

On IG, he unfollowed Sydney Mikayla, Avery Pohl and Tabyana Ali, yet continues to follow Eden, Evan and Kelly Monaco

by Anonymousreply 120March 24, 2024 4:00 PM

Apparently NAC's refusal to re-sign another contract is leading GH to proceed full steam ahead with a permanent recast, instead of having NAC return for a short stint then immediately recast

by Anonymousreply 121March 24, 2024 4:08 PM

[quote]On IG, he unfollowed Sydney Mikayla, Avery Pohl and Tabyana Ali

How big are the meltdowns?

by Anonymousreply 122March 24, 2024 4:12 PM

R122 Pretty big 😆 some are wondering if it's a personal decision or if his management is instructing him to do so, to distance himself from Sprina nation.

by Anonymousreply 123March 24, 2024 4:31 PM

NAC’s X and IG only date back to his joining GH. They’re his public accounts that are likely run by a publicist. He probably has private accounts for personal use.

by Anonymousreply 124March 24, 2024 7:47 PM

R124 That's why some fans believe that it's his management who chose to unfollow certain individuals. NAC has been known to be close with Tabyana outside GH, even though he was accused of not being friendly and believing that he's "better than" the rest of his castmates, like he was slumming on soaps.

by Anonymousreply 125March 24, 2024 7:55 PM

The "lapsed viewers" that ABC is courting are too old to be on X and have no idea who NAC is.

by Anonymousreply 126March 24, 2024 7:58 PM

*Believing that's he's "better than" most of the rest of his castmates.I should say at R125 which is how Maurice and Chad felt, for he was fine with a few others besides Tabyana, such as Avery, Sydney, Maura etc.

Also some fans were rubbed the wrong way when he was charging fans for conversations on Patreon, yet others defended him, saying any fans who choose to spend their money on him, it's of their own volition.

by Anonymousreply 127March 24, 2024 8:06 PM

NAC was originally very friendly with Coloma. Went wall climbing, out to eat, etc. Then backed off when I guess the scientology pressure started. I imagine that situation also made him more guarded with co-stars.

The patreon is what turned me off to NAC . Specifically, the outrageous amounts he was charging. Tiers ranging from $20-$50. Content creators who have to actually do work such as create recipes, ASMR, teach you how to fix something, etc. only charge $5-$20 with the average being $10. This Hyundai salesman from Florida was/is charging $50 for people to listen to him talk about himself? GTFO. He may not need Mo's "coaching" because he's talented but his ego rivals Mo's.

Tabyanna was also charging high prices, not as high as NAC, but still high compared to others. I think hers started at $15 and maybe maxed out at $30?

by Anonymousreply 128March 24, 2024 8:26 PM

[quote] The "lapsed viewers" that ABC is courting are too old to be on X and have no idea who NAC is.

Shows what you know, R126. NAC is the one-hit wonder band of "My Sharona" fame!

by Anonymousreply 129March 24, 2024 10:55 PM

0.5/10 R129 .

by Anonymousreply 130March 24, 2024 11:03 PM

R128 Right he was pretty close to Marcus Coloma. He also had a pretty good relationship with both Charles Shaughnessy and James Patrick Stuart. The main ones who seemed to have a problem with him were Maurice and Chad.

That's another thing fans keep mentioning, his career as a car salesman. Although some are saying positive things, how it's interesting how he went from there to GH, now to acting in a Ryan Murphy production. Since Murphy likes to retain certain people, he could partake in other productions distributed through him.

True Tabyana did have a Patreon as well that was about the amount you mentioned, iirc

by Anonymousreply 131March 24, 2024 11:05 PM

I mention his car salesman background because that kind of sales training promotes overcharging and taking advantage of people financially and that's what he was doing with the inflated patreon prices, in my opinion.

Also, he was doing gimmicky advertisement like a car salesman, "The next five people to sign up for my patreon will receive this Dollar Tree Christmas tree ornament!". I threw in the Dollar Tree part but it was just a cheap ornament.

by Anonymousreply 132March 25, 2024 12:21 AM

Maurice/Chad were very jealous of NAC. Also, Mo was furious about Frank not offering his son a contract. It wasn't a comfortable environment for NAC but he seemed to handle it okay. But why should he come back for more of that?

by Anonymousreply 133March 25, 2024 1:54 AM

There's absolutely no point in Chavez returning for six weeks. Better to bring in a completely new Spencer than have Chavez there for six weeks only to be recast.

However, they have a tough assignment ahead finding someone who can replace Chavez as Spencer. Chavez set the bar pretty high.

This is going to be like recasting Nathan Fillion as Joey Buchanan on OLTL with Don Jeffcoat. Or recasting Rick Hearst as Alan-Michael on GL with Michael Dietz.

by Anonymousreply 134March 25, 2024 2:03 AM

Why not just rest the character for a year or two?

by Anonymousreply 135March 25, 2024 2:05 AM

R132 I see what you mean in that regard 😁 however I just see him as a young guy who's not too much different than other Gen Z'ers, when it comes to earning money online. What makes him stand out is the fact that he's actually talented, who's well on his way to a lucrative career.

by Anonymousreply 136March 25, 2024 2:14 AM

Glad Mulcahey has decided to reform Heather.

The Heather I loved in the 1980s was scheming and mischievous, plotting and calculating, often revenge minded, but she wasn't evil and she wasn't a murderer.

When Bob Guza brought Heather back in 2004, she was another of the legacy characters he destroyed (much like Rick Webber). He wrote Heather as much more evil and devious.

When Ron brought Heather back in 2012, she was back to the original scheming and mischevious version, especially when interacting with Todd Manning. But then when Ron made Heather into Franco's mother, he wrote her with a more evil intent

The latest return as a psychopathic murderer has been distasteful. Although Alley Mills had done a very good job with what she's been given.

Patrick seems to recognize the potential of Heather and is working to get her back on track. Now if we can just get Robin Matson back playing the part.

by Anonymousreply 137March 25, 2024 2:16 AM

R133 All true, except he was at least willing to complete his contract. Per their agreement, in terms of letting him take time away to film Monsters, was that he would come back out of contractual obligations (as well as trying to convince him to stay at least another year, which he apparently is refusing)

by Anonymousreply 138March 25, 2024 2:18 AM

*Trying to convince him to stay another year is what they apparently offered him early this year, with an increase in pay and more time off to film other projects, yet he's seemingly not interested. Now the network is begrudgingly forging ahead with a recast

by Anonymousreply 139March 25, 2024 2:21 AM

R134 Well having him for only six weeks while immediately recasting is a little unnecessary, when they could just bring in a recast now since he's been away for almost two months, however I can understand NAC wanting to fulfill his contract, which is actually admirable, seeing how some try to get out of them as soon as possible.

Right it's not going to be easy finding someone of his caliber. However the network is determined to recast.

Those are two perfect examples 😁 you're bringing back memories of the 90's. Although Don Jeffcoat and Michael Dietz were both ok actors, clearly they weren't cut from the same cloth as Nathan Fillion or Rick Hearst.

by Anonymousreply 140March 25, 2024 2:31 AM

R135 Primarily because of Trina for the network wants to keep Sprina going. There's nothing for them to do with her outside of Sprina; of course if they're creative enough, they could come up with something, although that's not what the network wants. They want to continue capitalizing off of the success of Sprina, however want they're failing to realize is that NAC was a big part of them catapulting to the top in terms of GH's most popular couples.

A new Spencer might not have the same impact, at least not immediately, for it might take some getting used to, which isn't very different than Sydney being a more popular Trina than Tabyana, although since NAC is a really good actor, a Spencer that isn't as skilled will more than likely receive harsher criticism than Tabyana has in comparison to Sydney.

by Anonymousreply 141March 25, 2024 2:40 AM

*However what they're failing to realize is that NAC was a big part of them catapulting to the top in terms of GH's most popular couples.

by Anonymousreply 142March 25, 2024 2:42 AM

The GH Facebook fans don't seem to be pro Sprina.

by Anonymousreply 143March 25, 2024 2:45 AM

R137 Robin Mattson, isn't she permanently retired? Also the network and Frank adore Alley Mills, which is also why they want to keep her around. The 70's/80's versions of Heather was before my time, but from what I read, before briefly raising baby Jason with Scotty, I think, wasn't she poisoning someone named Diana Taylor with LSD, or was that her mother Alice Grant? I believe Diana was married to someone named Peter Taylor; they were both raising Heather and Jeff's son Steven Lars, yet renamed him Peter "PJ" Taylor Jr. iirc off the top of my head. I remember when Ron redid the LSD poisoning with Olivia when Heather was trying to keep her away from her Steven Lars.

by Anonymousreply 144March 25, 2024 2:52 AM

R143 Oh I wasn't talking about them. No definitely not them 😁 referring to their big fan base on Twitter/X and soap sites. The ones that would send gifts to them and paid for that banner to fly across the GH studios (Frank was accused of doing that, however he was more interested in trying to make Joss/Dex work than Spencer/Trina)

by Anonymousreply 145March 25, 2024 2:55 AM

The GH Facebook fans are pretty mask-off racist.

Sprina doesn’t work without NAC. But Tabyana is lovely and it doesn’t seem like it would be that hard to give her a rebound romance with, say, a returning/recast Cam.

by Anonymousreply 146March 25, 2024 12:17 PM

R146 Maskoff with no filter.

Sprina seems to be what the network wants; besides wanting to keep capitalizing off their fan base, apparently there's more personal reasons as to why they want to recast so badly; being upset with Frank and the previous writing staff for not realizing what they had in NAC, saddling him with a baby storyline instead of a younger leading man story, blaming them for letting him walk, along with disappointment that NAC refuses to re-sign for at least another year. Its like they're in a relationship that went wrong; with the network promising NAC the moon and the stars to stay with them, promising to treat him better, yet he's just not interested, so they're on the rebound, reluctantly, with a recast.

You're right though for they could just bring on a new guy or a recast Cam, however, any new guys that they're planning to bring on are supposedly going to be screen-tested with Joss first, including any potential Cam recasts. They want to keep Trina with Spencer

by Anonymousreply 147March 25, 2024 4:40 PM

Any good options for a Spencer recast?

by Anonymousreply 148March 25, 2024 5:08 PM

Ah, the wonders of SORAS... Josslyn should be 14. No wonder Sonny ran pedo Dex out of town.

by Anonymousreply 149March 25, 2024 5:13 PM

It was obvious Frank didn't consider NAC anything special when they sent Spencer off to prison back in 2022, They sent him to prison to reduce the number of episodes he appeared in after he got too many episodes in too quickly for that year's budget. As I recall, after Maurice, NAC had the most episodes logged in of any cast member.

by Anonymousreply 150March 25, 2024 5:41 PM

Vintage Post Alert!

Just saw this pop up on YouTube. Young Stuart Damon was so damn handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151March 25, 2024 7:02 PM

[quote]I think, wasn't she poisoning someone named Diana Taylor with LSD,

[quote] Ron redid the LSD poisoning with Olivia when Heather was trying to keep her away from her Steven Lars.

Poisoning someone with LSD was as deadly as the OG Heather ever got. Yes, it was terrifying at the time, bu OG Heather never murdered anybody.

Back in the late 70s/early 80s, the public at large viewed LSD as much more deadly and therefor much more terrifying than it does today.

In the case of Diana Taylor, Heather accidentally drank LSD-spiked iced tea herself. They then sent Heather off to the mental institute to recover.

Then when Ron redid the LSD plot, Olivia drank the spiked ice tea, but then she started having visions of the future because of the LSD. Ron wrote is as the psychedelic opening Olvia's senses up to other things.

by Anonymousreply 152March 25, 2024 8:37 PM

[quote] Poisoning someone with LSD was as deadly as the OG Heather ever got. Yes, it was terrifying at the time, bu OG Heather never murdered anybody.

Well, no but not really. She did manipulate her loony-toon friend into shooting their psychiatrist Dr. Katz, and she was the suspect in not one but two murders. Also, didn't she threaten goody-two-shoes Annie Logan every other day or so? But at the end of the day, true, not a murderess like, oh, Laura Webber or Alexis Davis...

by Anonymousreply 153March 26, 2024 1:17 AM

[quote]she was the suspect in not one but two murders

Half of Port Charles would fall into that category.

by Anonymousreply 154March 26, 2024 7:35 AM

BLQ actress carrying a coat over her arm. Camouflaging pregnancy?

by Anonymousreply 155March 26, 2024 8:38 PM

Yes we knew this.

by Anonymousreply 156March 26, 2024 11:09 PM

Didn’t heather also break out of the sanitarium intending to harm Anne Logan? I know her mother did the deed but she was not well meaning or simply “wacky.”

by Anonymousreply 157March 26, 2024 11:13 PM

Today's "moment" between Ava and Sonny was engaging and the Anna's responses to Jason's story were priceless.

by Anonymousreply 158March 27, 2024 1:50 AM

R158 IA Ava/Sonny and Anna/Jason were pretty interesting scenes. How do you feel about Dex being offered a job as a cop?

by Anonymousreply 159March 27, 2024 6:28 PM

Kelly Thiebaud is apparently relocating back to Los Angeles; she also mentioned how fans on social media still reference GH to this day. Some fans are getting their hopes up for a return; either back as Britta or a twin.

by Anonymousreply 160March 27, 2024 6:47 PM

Twin would actually make sense in the case of Britt as her cousin Nina had twins so it runs it the family.

Maybe Britt or her twin fooling Jason could show up at Jason and Snarly's wedding and stop the ceremony. I would love that!

by Anonymousreply 161March 27, 2024 6:59 PM

R161 Good idea. They need to create some sort of conflict instead of just handing Carly and Jason a clean road to romance anyway with this whole "partners on crime," us against the world happy ending that Laura Wright is creaming her panties over by making their road to love dirty

by Anonymousreply 162March 27, 2024 7:12 PM

Shannon Peace is out; she's the writer that dropped GH was hiring scab writers to replace the permanent ones when they went out striking, leading to that media frenzy. She was brought in by Chris & Dan; now she's been fired.

by Anonymousreply 163March 27, 2024 7:15 PM

[quote]GH was hiring scab writers to replace the permanent ones when they went out striking, leading to that media frenzy.

How is this breaking news? How is this even newsworthy?

Every time the writers strike, the shows hire scabs to pen the episodes until the strike is settled. That's the only way they can keep producing shows. It's understood and accepted the daytime shows will hire scabs during any writers strike.

And someone got fired for announcing this?

by Anonymousreply 164March 27, 2024 7:28 PM

R164 Breaking news 😆 or newsworthy because the other three soaps were using producers primarily as head writers; GH was singled out as the sole soap using scripts by scabs.

Correct, every single incidence of striking included either scab writers, producers writing or a combination of both. This was a bigger deal during the most recent walkout because there were clear lines drawn, indicating that anyone who's continuing to write would be permanently blacklisted.

Frank, in order to protect those who were writing for GH (which turned out to be producers) planted seeds of doubt that they would even need any scabs, after informing JPS that he had "stockpiled scripts" that would last for five-six months, in lieu of a striking.

The combination of secretly hiring writers along with Frank's fib were what placed GH under the microscope, where strikers even picketed GH studios after being tipped off that they were using scabs (which many believe was Shannon). They were wrong anyway, since Frank used his producers (along with himself too) as writers.

Supposedly she was fired since was a Chris & Dan hire, so she's a casualty of their exit. However, tipping off the media wasn't exactly beneficial, nor the negative press that GH wanted or needed. She did happen to apologize for it, though what she did could've easily played into her being terminated, they just had to wait for her to return to do so.

by Anonymousreply 165March 27, 2024 7:49 PM

*Which many believe was Shannon who first informed the media that GH had scab writers at the studio, leading to picketing

by Anonymousreply 166March 27, 2024 8:04 PM

Twitter is worried about Tristan and so am I.

His voice has not been sounding good for a while. Can't be attributed to a cold at this point as it's been going on too long. Hope he's okay.

by Anonymousreply 167March 28, 2024 12:13 AM

^ Tristan turns 78 in June, and he looks pretty fit for his age. How he's OK. I wasn't a fan of Scorpio for most of the 80s, but I've grown fonder of him in recent years and his penchant for giving zero shits about what he says out loud.

by Anonymousreply 168March 28, 2024 1:13 AM

How about Avery pool as nuemma drake?

by Anonymousreply 169March 29, 2024 12:19 AM

Louis Gossett Jr. has passed away, R.I.P.,bcousin of Robert Gossett (Marshall)

by Anonymousreply 170March 29, 2024 1:59 PM

R169 That might work but what about previous Emma?

by Anonymousreply 171March 29, 2024 2:15 PM

Previous Emma has not retained her youthful charm or acting ability.

by Anonymousreply 172March 29, 2024 2:16 PM

R172 I concur 😁 sadly that seems to be the case with a lot of child soap actors

by Anonymousreply 173March 29, 2024 4:49 PM

No NAC in today’s end credits, suggesting he’s been released from his contract early.

by Anonymousreply 174March 29, 2024 7:35 PM

The 13 week cycle does end in late March, so that would be appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 175March 29, 2024 7:39 PM

Not sure that these announcements were warranted but new recurring characters:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176March 29, 2024 8:32 PM

NAC offered to come back and finish out his contract, but the network wanted him to re-sign for another year, which he declined

by Anonymousreply 177March 29, 2024 8:32 PM

Previews for next week:

Monday, April 1, 2024 (GH's 61st Anniversary Date)

Jason visits Elizabeth and Jake.

Dante confirms whether or not Jason shot him.

Anna puts Sonny on notice.

Diane helps Alexis on her appeal.

Natalia takes over Blaze's Deception contract.

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Drew checks in on Nina at work.

Jagger has a new plan to take down Pikeman.

Jason reveals something to Anna.

Carly and Michael make confessions.

Dex gets interviewed about joining the PCPD.

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Chase and Brook Lynn ask Dante for a favor.

Finn opens up to Elizabeth about his dad.

Sasha and Cody admit their feelings.

Blaze fills Kristina in on her new job.

Tracy crosses with Stella.

Thursday, April 4, 2024

Terry offers Tracy some advice.

Curtis comforts Trina.

Josslyn is in shock.

Kevin and Laura check in on Heather.

Sasha shows off her culinary skills.

Friday, April 5, 2024

Drew chews out Jagger.

Lois helps Brook Lynn with a wedding dress crisis.

Sonny and Natalia get better acquainted.

Kristina and Josslyn argue.

Anna questions Brennan about Pikeman.

Sam is worried about Danny.

by Anonymousreply 178March 29, 2024 9:05 PM

Supposedly Dante will show resistance in regards to working with Dex at the PCPD (Dante and Jason are both under speculation as Dex's father)

by Anonymousreply 179March 29, 2024 9:17 PM

Patrick Mulcahey was the breakdown writer for today's episode.

by Anonymousreply 180March 29, 2024 9:20 PM

[quote] Jason reveals something to Anna.

Is it his peen?

[quote] Carly and Michael make confessions.

Her bathing him until he was 16 was highly inappropriate.

[quote] Sam is worried about Danny

She's freaked out by Danny's conversations with Tony, his invisible friend, and Danny muttering "redrum!" all the time.

[quote] Chase and Brook Lynn ask Dante for a favor.

Dante doesn't do boy-boy-girl threesomes.

[quote] Drew chews out Jagger.

Hopefully it's his ass

by Anonymousreply 181March 30, 2024 2:50 PM

R181 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 182March 30, 2024 10:56 PM

Emme Rylan is moving back to LA, on a semi regular basis (to look for work). She has made it clear that she's interested in returning to GH. Frank, however, would prefer Julie Marie Berman or a recast; Julie is reportedly not interested.

by Anonymousreply 183March 30, 2024 10:59 PM

Does Valentin's duplicity bode well for his character's longevity or no?

They need to spring newly christened "Jack" Brennan from prison, he'd make an interesting addition to the cast. If Cyrus can get out of prison, they can certainly concoct a reason for this guy to get out.

We need as many good actors on canvas as possible to offset Mo's stilted, choppy, sputtering acting. Mo who can't smoothly ad-lib when he forgets his lines or read cue cards without being obvious.

by Anonymousreply 184March 30, 2024 11:07 PM

R184 I believe so. Patrick Mulcahey wants to reinvigorate the Cassadine's; Stefan was one of, if not his absolute favorite male to write for, so it seems he would want to write Valentin in that vein. I know some are thinking it's the end for Valentin yet I think if anything he's shaping Valentin into a Cassadine, by having him embrace it instead of running from it. Also, it's pretty justified, going by his Valentin's disdain for Sonny.

Brennan actor is very engaging. Hopefully they'll change their mind and keep him on long-term.

by Anonymousreply 185March 30, 2024 11:17 PM

Lawsuit aside, they could always have Brennan as a recast Jax 😁😁 if it doesn't interfere with litigation.

by Anonymousreply 186March 30, 2024 11:19 PM

Meant Brennan actor Charles Mesure as a Jax recast. He's too good of a actor for them to not keep around.

by Anonymousreply 187March 30, 2024 11:22 PM

Agree, r187. His type of talent and presence is what GH needs. Same goes for NuJagger although I know that's not a popular opinion.

I also felt that way about Cyrus at the beginning, the caliber of Jeff Kober's acting and the storyline. Unfortunately, the Reverend shtick coupled with Jeff's weight loss/haircut/clean shaven look has caused me to lose interest. They need to get him back to being a bad guy and stop with the Bible quotes dialogue which is off-putting. Jeff needs to grow back the goatee. I hate to say it but the weight loss is making him look ghoulish which seems to be common among some Ozempic users.

by Anonymousreply 188March 30, 2024 11:34 PM

R188 Most definitely. In the case of Adam J. Harrington, I think stepping in for Antonio is why he's not necessarily catching on with certain fans. If he would have came on as an FBI agent or possibly a recast of another character, or an aforementioned character that was never seen, there wouldn't be this much of a distraction. Other than that, an actor of his caliber is a breath of fresh air to GH as well. Mark Teschner is an excellent casting director; Frank just overrides his decisions at times (although that might be a thing of the past).

Agree with everything you've stated about Jeff Kober. Apparently both Jeff and Kirsten Storms are on Ozempic, although that's supposed to be a behind the scenes "secret" that wasn't exactly everyone's business. However it would be hard recognizing sudden weight loss and not realizing something is different, for both Kober and Storms.

by Anonymousreply 189March 30, 2024 11:48 PM

[quote]In the case of Adam J. Harrington, I think stepping in for Antonio is why he's not necessarily catching on with certain fans.

Is it just me or is GH more petty than other soaps? If the original actor was available and willing to play the role and is camera ready, why not bring him back? All because he hurt the EP's feelings? That's not a good business decision. You don't have to like or agree with the people who work for you.

by Anonymousreply 190March 30, 2024 11:54 PM

Not wanting to have wingnut sabato onset is not petty.

Jagger recast was necessary.

by Anonymousreply 191March 31, 2024 12:09 AM

R191 GH is definitely the most petty 😁 primarily because of Frank and many of their actors, out of all the other soaps. That's exactly what happened; Antonio was ready willing and able to return (he's actually been lobbying to come back for years) yet his personal feelings in regards to political issues hindered that, while his disdain for Frank sealed his status in regards to not being welcomed back.

by Anonymousreply 192March 31, 2024 12:11 AM

R191 Wingnut 😁 although GH is petty, before Antonio spoke out against Frank, his politics and personal beliefs did rub many the wrong way. He says that he's been blacklisted because of it.

by Anonymousreply 193March 31, 2024 12:15 AM

I don't know of any job that rehires someone who trashed the boss publicly. Just common sense not to burn employment bridges in case you ever need work in the future. But I guess MAGAts aren't known for their common sense....

by Anonymousreply 194March 31, 2024 12:26 AM

I guess Nicolas Bechtel read some negative comments from viewers not wanting him back as Spencer. In a separate post he went on about how he's 6'1" now.

Ryan Paevey of all people chimes. I'm not a Hallmark movie watcher, has Ryan's wooden acting improved at all?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195March 31, 2024 12:32 AM

R194 Not trying to be Antonio's defender 😁 however he didn't start trash talking Frank until well after he kept campaigning for Frank to bring him back. However to your point, he still wants to come back after everything he said about Frank 😆 which seems somewhat nonsensical, for Frank didn't want to offer him a job before he publicly made those comments, so why on earth would he believe that Frank would rehire him now (unless he tries to have the network rehire him, which more than likely would've occurred already, if they were really interested).

by Anonymousreply 196March 31, 2024 12:36 AM

R148 I think Rory Gibson would be great

by Anonymousreply 197March 31, 2024 12:36 AM

R195 Right they were going in on him on Twitter/X with Ryan Paevey mentioning how he had to stop paying for to negativity from certain soap fans. What's interesting is that Ryan asked Frank if he could return awhile after Nathan was offed, yet Frank turned him down. Haven't seen any of his movies either although it probably hasn't improved. by that much. Lucky for him Hallmark isn't really strict on talent.

by Anonymousreply 198March 31, 2024 12:43 AM

R197 Some fans have suggested that.

by Anonymousreply 199March 31, 2024 12:45 AM

Maurice implied that Sonny's meds are being messed with (he didn't name names, but fans think Ava is likely the culprit, given her access to Sonny)

Maurice was also the first to reveal that Dante would be hurt (before it even aired)

by Anonymousreply 200March 31, 2024 1:20 AM

Spencer recast is now on hold; there aren't any immediate plans to bring in a new one at this time. Apparently the network thought they could convince NAC to re-sign, at least for another year, with frequent outs and a pay increase. NAC agreed to complete his current contract, yet ultimately decided against a new deal (after initially not giving them an answer) therefore, the network released him early and now refuses to recast (the whole recast idea could've been a bargaining chip to coax NAC into staying)

by Anonymousreply 201March 31, 2024 5:30 AM

Maurice and other actors tweet out all kinds of advance stuff and are never blamed for ruining stories the way the mags and now the websites get blamed.

Eric Braeden tweeted out 'they're burning down the Newman ranch!' years ago; the show told him he couldnt tell the fans advance story. "I'm not telling the fans! I'm telling Twitter!"

by Anonymousreply 202March 31, 2024 5:49 AM

R202 Very true 😁 certain actors are above reprimand yet other actors or mags/sites can't get away with revealing info, without facing any consequences.

by Anonymousreply 203March 31, 2024 8:48 AM

GH is FINALLY getting interesting! HOWEVER, I do NOT want a Carly/Jason fuckship. I like the tension between Sonny and everybody else so I hope they keep it up. Also, I would like them to replace Joss, and Trina with the Liz/Sam/Jason progeny. They could keep police officer Dex and find him a new love interest.

by Anonymousreply 204March 31, 2024 10:56 AM

Brennan and Jagger actors are joking with each other on X about the Jack/John name change. Nice to see they have a sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 205March 31, 2024 12:04 PM

I'd like to see a Brennan/Jagger love affair. Of course I know it would never happen, but it could heat up the show.

by Anonymousreply 206March 31, 2024 1:17 PM

Does anyone know what the background story is on Ryan Paevey making a snarky remark when Eden won the Emmy?

People are referring to the incident on X but not giving any context. Apparently he is known to be petty and arrogant on X?

Why was he even commenting on Daytime Emmys when he's long gone from the soap world and can't act his way out of a wet paper bag?

I'm no Eden fan and think the putting older teens and young kids in the same category is ridiculous but Ryan Paevey needs to sit down.

by Anonymousreply 207March 31, 2024 2:18 PM

Genius move to have Valentin head up Pikeman. Bravo Patrick Mulcahey!

Hope he can also reinvigorate the Cyrus character, who seems to be rather boring on this return. The religious schist has gotten old quickly.

by Anonymousreply 208April 1, 2024 5:24 PM

R203 and here's the deal; how does it affect the ratings when something is leaked?

In the 1990s, there were, like, 8 or 10 magazines. AOL was a presence; chat rooms.

Ratings didn't fall when Reilly was writing DAYS. They went up; and the mags couldn't get enough of his stuff.

The ratings are down? It's leaks and headlines; the ratings are up? It's our great stories.

by Anonymousreply 209April 1, 2024 6:48 PM

[quote] tweet out all kinds of advance stuff and are never blamed for ruining stories

I don't see an issue?

by Anonymousreply 210April 1, 2024 6:56 PM

R210 say that with your right palm pressed into your bottom chin!

by Anonymousreply 211April 1, 2024 7:03 PM

What did they never bring Michael Sutton back as a new character? His Stone was iconic and his talent on par with some of GHs best younger set!

by Anonymousreply 212April 1, 2024 7:18 PM

R207 Ryan and Eden were friends at one point, apparently now that's not exactly the case; not sure about the exact quote, however it more than likely had to do with Eden competing against kids.

Ryan is somewhat bitter because he asked Frank of he could return to GH after initially quitting, only for Frank to turn him down. He also stopped engaging with a lot of GH fans on Twitter/X after accusing them of being too negative (his acting has always been criticized) now he's busy either promoting his Hallmark movies or selling jewelry/clothes.

by Anonymousreply 213April 2, 2024 12:39 AM

Apparently, the big wave of cast cuts that were headed to GH are now no longer set to occur; the network had initially planned to have many characters exit, however the large casts are pretty much their "new normal" (and has been for decades now).

Although the network and Frank want him to stay, Michael Easton is "allegedly" contemplating, again, exiting.

by Anonymousreply 214April 2, 2024 12:45 AM

[quote]Michael Easton is "allegedly" contemplating, again, exiting.

Fingers crossed!!

by Anonymousreply 215April 2, 2024 1:06 AM

R209 Remember those days browsing through different soap mags 😁 right they weren't as strict on spoilers as they are now. Seems that once audiences declined in the mid 2000's, followed by many soaps being cancelled, they started becoming more uptight in regards to leaks, blaming them for declining viewership.

by Anonymousreply 216April 2, 2024 1:12 AM

R212 Honestly, it could have a lot to do with the popularity of Robin and Stone, to the point they didn't want to taint it. Michael Sutton is now a successful luxury real estate agent; even to this day, some fans still want him back on soaps.

by Anonymousreply 217April 2, 2024 1:16 AM

R215 😆

by Anonymousreply 218April 2, 2024 1:18 AM

April Fool's prank about a brand new Monica Quartermaine:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219April 2, 2024 1:30 AM

I howled, R219. Not actually a bad idea…

by Anonymousreply 220April 2, 2024 1:40 AM

R220 Same 😁 I laughed too, then thought maybe that would work

by Anonymousreply 221April 2, 2024 1:59 AM

Young Danny actor Asher Antonyzyn is being mentored, getting acting tips from Steve Burton

by Anonymousreply 222April 2, 2024 2:00 AM

Meredith Baxter Lesbian replacing Leslie Charleson. Hummm.

Not a bad idea actually. Show desperately needs Monica there especially now that Jason is back.

I don't mind Leslie performing in a wheelchair. Anna Lee did it for decades. But if Leslie's not willing or able to come back to perform some scenes as Quatermaine matriarch and Jason's mother, then bring on Meredith.

by Anonymousreply 223April 2, 2024 2:15 AM

R223 Point well taken except it took a minute to get beyond Meredith Baxter Lesbian 😆

Interesting how a lot of casting/storyline suggestions from fans, either genuine or in jest, are sometimes better than what's greenlit by the network.

by Anonymousreply 224April 2, 2024 3:54 AM

Cameron Mathison to host a gameshow. I think gameshow host suits his persona perfectly. He should go do that full-time and resign from GH immediately. We can all just pretend the Drewfus thing never happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225April 2, 2024 1:50 PM

Is *anyone* going to acknowledge that Chavez is off the show permanently? This is s cloak-and-dagger weird.

Who do you think is behind all the secrecy? The producers/network? His people? Netflix/Ryan Murphy, who want people to think he never existed before they can “introduce” him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226April 2, 2024 2:02 PM

R226 I think it's more on the network, for his people and Ryan Murphy have downplayed his involvement with GH back when he was still a contract player. The network is reportedly pissed off about the whole situation (Frank and the writers reducing him to a baby storyline, letting him walk away, NAC's refusal to re-sign a new contract, the buzz that Sprina created now no longer a way to bait their fans into watching, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 227April 2, 2024 3:27 PM

Evan Hofer admitted to crying in public, upon learning that Dex would no longer be an employee of Sonny's (possibly more likely tears of joy? 😁 😁 jkjk)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228April 2, 2024 8:47 PM

GH's medical staff throughout the years, in honor of their 61st anniversary, with a trip down memory lane

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229April 2, 2024 8:55 PM

[quote] Although the network and Frank want him to stay, Michael Easton is "allegedly" contemplating, again, exiting.

Oh, so Macy's accepted his application for sales clerk in their men's apparel department?

by Anonymousreply 230April 3, 2024 12:01 PM

I think Easton doesn't really need the show. I think he makes serious money in comic book art. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 231April 3, 2024 12:05 PM

R230 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 232April 3, 2024 12:28 PM

R231 You're right about him making money in his side career as a graphic comic book novelist, along with other writing credits such as books and screenplays, as well as directing.

There is an actual comic book artist named Michael Easton, so you're probably mixing them up in that sense, with the whole comic book connection.

by Anonymousreply 233April 3, 2024 12:33 PM

Not since he played John Mcbain has Michael Easton made sense on this show. Bring back Hayden to usher him out… surprised they never tried ME with Sam or even Carly or Ava…

by Anonymousreply 234April 3, 2024 2:08 PM

Someone on here, who referred to himself as an insider, once said that Easton keeps his job because he tests well and as an actor, he's easy. Meaning that he doesn't complain, that he's not always up in the writers faces begging for story, he's easy in negotiations, he just does what's on the page, and goes home. He's a low maintenance actor on a set with a lot of high maintenance people. I can imagine how being easy brings you a lot of goodwill.

by Anonymousreply 235April 3, 2024 3:41 PM

Cameron Mathison on X crowing about how he already shot the gameshow and it doesn't affect his GH schedule or status. He and LW do this often. Chime in to say they aren't going anywhere when they aren't even tagged in the tweet. It just makes them look hysterical. It also makes me not feel sorry for Mathison. Normally I would feel bad for someone so terribly miscast but not for this guy who is just looking to collect as many paychecks as possible while thumbing his nose at the viewers with his clownish acting.

I did feel sorry for horribly miscast Menopause Molly. Just an unknown actress looking for her big break. Can't blame her for not passing up an offer for a steady paycheck even if the character description read "mid twenties lawyer" which she had to know she didn't meet the requirements for.

by Anonymousreply 236April 3, 2024 4:20 PM

R234 Are you wondering why they never tried ME with Sam, Carly or Ava as Finn? ME's character immediately after John McBain, Silas Clay, was involved with Sam and was Ava's oldest daughter KiKi's biological father, if you possibly weren't watching back then.

Easton got so much negative feedback from that pairing of Sam/Silas, along with many fans disappointed that Silas became KiKi's father when it was originally thought to be Franco (Silas was married to Nina when he cheated on her with Ava, impregnating her while Ava was also involved with Franco, in the early 1990's) which could have played in his decision to leave, for he was so unhappy with his character that he chose to quit, resulting in Frank practically begging him to stay by killing Silas off, creating Dr. Finn Hamilton.

Carly and Finn were tested as a couple, although they didn't test well. ME has stated that he would love for Finn to interact with Ava.

by Anonymousreply 237April 3, 2024 4:49 PM

R235 Yes to everything you referenced, along with him being heavily favored by Frank and the network (primarily for those exact reasons). He's still there because they don't want him to leave, for he has thought about (and tried) quitting.

by Anonymousreply 238April 3, 2024 4:54 PM

R236 😆 right the two of them are pretty insufferable. Sometimes they lurk on Twitter/X and see things here and there which leads them to speaking up even when they aren't tagged, for LW was called out before in regards to having a burner account to gauge fan reactions to Carly, only to make statements when she want even tagged (she didn't cop to having another account; Cameron could have one too). LW and Cameron are both overly sensitive when it comes to their status on GH, because they both know that outside of Frauville, they're not exactly well liked.

Brooke Anne Smith got a raw deal. Frank has been accused of setting her up to fail, wanting a Molly so unlikeable that it would've made it easier for Haley Pullos to return, provided she beat her charges. However, when it was whispered that the network wasn't exactly interested in welcoming Haley back, regardless if she were to beat her charges or not, he went with Kristen Vaganos (Brooke Anne was also the subject of bullying by fans, which also played into her exit)

by Anonymousreply 239April 3, 2024 5:04 PM

[quote]resulting in Frank practically begging him to stay by killing Silas off, creating Dr. Finn Hamilton.

Easton was off the show for about eight months between Silas Clay and Hamilton Finn. He last played Silas on Aug 5, 2015 and first played Finn on March 21, 2016, according to his Wiklpedia entry.

It should also be noted that Silas Clay was the biological father of both Willow and Nelle. That fact is never mentioned. Show completely avoids mentioning the Silas character these days. But Silas was Nina's husband when she got pregnant and went into the 20 year-long coma. So, until the retcon things, it means that Silas was the father.

by Anonymousreply 240April 3, 2024 5:20 PM

R240 What was mentioned back then, behind the scenes, in regards to Michael Easton going from Silas to Finn, was that he was so dissatisfied with playing Silas that he wanted to leave. He was also dealing with personal issues (allegedly drinking), so it was an understanding between him and Frank that he would come back as another character, after Frank pretty much convinced him to paly another role; he wanted to leave and stay away from GH, yet Frank and the network weren't willing to part with him, so it did play out that he was done with GH, when he actually wasn't.

Right KiKi, Nelle and Willow are all sisters, although with KiKi being deceased, Nelle presumed dead, it's hardly, if ever, referenced. They could always retcon Silas as Nelle and Willow's dad, yet they probably will not (unless their intention is to bring on someone from Nina's past, giving Willow a father on canvas) however it would suit them to mention it. They could bring up the fact that Nelle seems to take after Nina more in personality/appearance somewhat, while Willow is more reminiscent of Silas. Then there's also the fact that Michael had sex with all three of Silas' daughters.

by Anonymousreply 241April 3, 2024 5:47 PM

The red overalls, though. Just no.

by Anonymousreply 242April 4, 2024 1:08 AM

R226, only one site even wrote about his absence from the credits.

Him being still on the credits didn't mean we'd see him again; him being OFF the credits doesn't mean we'll never see him again.

They don't go into a lot of details or speculate but who knows what will happen? I think they should just hire Rory Gibson and nail him down to a few years; he was so underused at YR I can imagine he'd be happy to have a regular job.

At some point, the show just needs to rip the band aid off; have him do ONE interview with either a mainstream or soap site and then the others can lift from it and link to the site.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243April 4, 2024 4:33 AM

The effort being put into redeeming Heather 2.0 is ridiculous.

Unless it's a ruse and after she's set free she turns around and murders a bunch of people to thin out the cast, then it's a colossal waste of time. No one is invested in this recast character. Just like no one is invested in newbie Gregory's illness.

Also, they need to stop making Laura the advocate for Esme and Heather, it's making her unlikeable. She needs to focus on scouring the world for a doctor to wake up her daughter and a lawyer to get her son out of prison. Maybe seek out an impartial therapist to talk her other son Lucky into coming back to PC and being in his kid's life.

by Anonymousreply 244April 4, 2024 8:41 PM

I hope they go there with Tracy and Cody. Her reaction to his body was the same as mine. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 245April 4, 2024 8:46 PM

[quote]Just like no one is invested in newbie Gregory's illness.

I'm really liking the Gregory character, especially his affect upon both Tracy and Alexis.

The ALS storyline is a tough one to play out and Gregory Harrison really seems to be enjoying the challenge. While I don't want to see this ALS storyline play out forever, I hope the new regime doesn't sweep it under the carpet and forget about it.

by Anonymousreply 246April 4, 2024 8:52 PM

Are GH writers, past or present, capable of writing a moving ALS story? Willow's cancer storyline was poorly done in my opinion and didn't tug at the heart strings at all.

Why do I get the sneaky feeling they are going to go the misdiagnosis route with Gregory so the new writing regime can wash their hands of the whole thing and focus elsewhere while still keeping Gregory Harrison?

I only find Gregory somewhat interesting with Tracy.

by Anonymousreply 247April 4, 2024 9:08 PM

So Tracy went from Luke to Gregory? Wow, talk about an upgrade!

by Anonymousreply 248April 4, 2024 11:36 PM

At least the show gave us a classic soap “shirtless stable boy” moment today, even if said shirtless stable boy is in his early forties.

by Anonymousreply 249April 5, 2024 1:03 AM

Early 40s is twink territory for the show's current demos.

by Anonymousreply 250April 5, 2024 12:02 PM

No screen grab of Cody?

by Anonymousreply 251April 5, 2024 12:32 PM

Here you go R251.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252April 5, 2024 2:31 PM

Well well well...

Thank you R252. What a major improvement from when he first arrived on the show. Did Frank threaten him or something?

by Anonymousreply 253April 5, 2024 6:06 PM

R242 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 254April 5, 2024 6:17 PM

R244 The network and Frank are apparently on the same page in regards to both Alley Mills and Gregory Harrison; they want them featured as much as possible.

Heather was actually on her way out again (with appearances here and there, although Chris & Dan loved her too, they were writing her in a corner, not too much different than Esme) except the network and Frank decided to keep her around, because they don't want to let Alley Mills walk.

Many fans expressed their dissatisfaction with Gregory Harrison as Finn's dad in this health story; Gregory's getting rave reviews for his performance (drawing comparisons to a movie he did where he was struggling from that same disease) except those fans would've preferred Gregory as Jeff Webber, with Elizabeth helping him through, instead of her playing a supporting character in Finn's story.

by Anonymousreply 255April 5, 2024 6:25 PM

R244 Also, Patrick Mulcahey is not necessarily a fan of Genie's. Korte can take her or leave her at times, for her primary focus, in terms of female leads, are Carly and Anna.

by Anonymousreply 256April 5, 2024 6:28 PM

R247 There is speculation that Gregory had a misdiagnosis, for the network and Frank are interested in keeping him around.

by Anonymousreply 257April 5, 2024 6:31 PM

R253 Moreso Chris/Dan with their aversion to sexuality, which Frank let them run with most times. Patrick is a different breed 😁 also the network wants more of the traditional soap tropes (sex, shirtless guys, triangles, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 258April 5, 2024 6:34 PM

GH is preempted this Monday, for the solar eclipse.

by Anonymousreply 259April 5, 2024 6:42 PM

[quote]the network wants more of the traditional soap tropes (sex, shirtless guys, triangles, etc.)

poor John Swickard stuck in a pairing that won't be featuring any of this

by Anonymousreply 260April 5, 2024 6:46 PM

I think one reason nobody cared about Willow's cancer was because Michael is such a dud.

I'd prefer Willow and Chase; they were so cute together when he performed at the Nurses Ball and he goes out into the audience and brings her up on stage and has his arm around her as they both look up at the end of the song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261April 5, 2024 6:52 PM

R260 😁 pretty much, for he was almost out the door until Frank convinced him to re-sign his contract back in February.

by Anonymousreply 262April 5, 2024 6:57 PM

R261 Willow and Chase were preferred by many, though Michael and Willow were essentially mandated, because of the whole Nelle connection (even though Nelle was connected to Chase too, the Michael factor with Wiley, Carly vs. Nina, overruled Willow and Chase).

by Anonymousreply 263April 5, 2024 7:01 PM

Nelle is gone and Chloe's going to have to go another year of not landing a series -- which could or couldn't happen -- before she comes back; it'd be a great dynamic; Willow, Nelle and Nina.

by Anonymousreply 264April 5, 2024 7:05 PM

I think Frank messed up when he wanted Nelle and Michael together. The original plan to make Nelle, Carly's daughter sounded so juicy and a great history repeating itself kind of sorry. Not sure why he made them change it.

by Anonymousreply 265April 5, 2024 7:06 PM

If Amanda Setton and her husband are so religious, then why doesn't she quit her soap job to become a full time stay at home mom instead of being affiliated with such a whorish profession? GH could then bring back TempBLQ who dressed fashionably and had no problem having a one-night stand with Valentin and anything else involved with steamy daytime storylines. Shouldn't AS be homeschooling her kids?

by Anonymousreply 266April 5, 2024 7:09 PM

R264 Right because Frank refuses to recast and the network hasn't placed any pressure on him to, for there would've been a new Nelle by now. We all know she's not actually dead though, well even if he's were, it wouldn't stop them from bringing her back, if Chloe wanted to return.

by Anonymousreply 267April 5, 2024 7:18 PM

R265 Right that story had potential. Jean Passanante and Shelly Altman planned Nelle as Carly's daughter; Jean was reportedly pissed that Frank, once again, rearranged another of her stories. Frank was convinced that Nelle & Michael were destined to be this big scandalized couple, with history repeating itself in a different way as Carly & AJ, therefore Nelle couldn't be Carly's. Frank wanted Nelle connected to Carly, just not as her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 268April 5, 2024 7:23 PM

R266 She has to enjoy the perks of being paid to continue acting 😁 although I don't know how long she'll last unless Frank can continue to vouch for her. I'm guessing she could possibly have a lawsuit for being fired? Not entirely sure but I'm wondering, although if she were on any other soap she probably wouldn't have been able to get away with this for so long.

by Anonymousreply 269April 5, 2024 7:26 PM

When is AS's contract up? Can they lowball her money wise forcing her to walk or drop her to recurring along with others so the demotion doesn't stand out?

by Anonymousreply 270April 5, 2024 7:37 PM

R270 Possibly not until next year, around Oct/Nov. She joined in 2019, presumably under a three-year contract, although Frank and the network are apparently doing away with those, as well as the four-year contracts, in favor of two-year contracts for vets (she should be considered a vet actress by now because of her soap history at OLTL, along with entering her fifth year at GH this Autumn)

by Anonymousreply 271April 5, 2024 7:54 PM

I like amanda as Brooklyn. Hope they keep her bitchy!

by Anonymousreply 272April 5, 2024 7:59 PM

*Along with completing her fifth year at GH this Autumn, I should say (2019-2024)

by Anonymousreply 273April 5, 2024 7:59 PM

R272 Did you like temp Brook Lynn, Briana Lane?

by Anonymousreply 274April 5, 2024 8:01 PM

Previews for next week:

Monday 4/8/2024

Preemption for Solar Eclipse coverage

Tuesday 4/9/2024

Nina and Drew get into a heated argument.

Carly finds John in trouble.

Sonny is furious with Jason.

Michael and Willow discuss her career.

Kristina is disturbed by Ava’s behavior.

Wednesday 4/10/2024

Sonny and Jason have a tense meeting.

Drew and Nina come to a surprising agreement.

Carly begins to see a different side to John.

Curtis achieves another milestone.

Ava searches for something in Sonny’s house.

Wednesday 4/11/2024

Anna asks Valentin for help.

Alexis receives news about her appeal.

Curtis suggests a business proposition to Drew.

Chase has a surprise for Brook Lynn.

Nina gets the wrong idea.

Friday 4/12/2024

Jason wants to give something to Carly.

Things do not go well with Lucy and “The Home & Heart” Deception segment.

Tracy has a heart to heart with Brook Lynn.

Sasha finds joy in working in the stables with Cody.

Gregory encourages Alexis.

by Anonymousreply 275April 5, 2024 8:12 PM

Based on previews, we could be headed towards a Jason/Carly/John triangle

by Anonymousreply 276April 5, 2024 8:15 PM

If Heather's going to stay around long term, she's going to need more family than just Ace.

Show might explore her relationship with Drew and Jason.

Or they could bring back her one living child -- Stephen Lars -- who just happens to be the half-brother of Elizabeth Webber.

by Anonymousreply 277April 5, 2024 8:28 PM

Given the fights that Nina and Drew are having, show's building up nicely to them having angry sex and then turning into a couple.

by Anonymousreply 278April 5, 2024 8:30 PM

R277 IA. I think they'll bring back Steven Lars eventually, just not sure as Scott Reeves or Shawn Benson though (Cam Mathison would've made a better Steven Lars imo)

by Anonymousreply 279April 5, 2024 8:38 PM

R278 Supposedly that's where they're headed. Chris & Dan separated Sonny and Nina, with intentions of throwing Valentin and Ava in, yet Elizabeth & Patrick have swapped Valentin for Drew, by the look of things.

by Anonymousreply 280April 5, 2024 8:44 PM

Btw, Scott Reeves was pissed when he was let go as Steven Lars. Steve Burton was behind his hiring; Jill allowed both Steve and Scott to tape around their availability, since they were both residing in Tennessee with their families. They would pretty much come in and film on a different schedule since they were both bicoastal.

Frank and Ron's arrival halted that, with Frank wanting them to film more in line with everyone else who were local. This was one of the sticking points when Steve refused to resign his contract with GH in 2012. Steve reuniting with Jill at Y&R allowed him to continue his schedule of filming in LA while traveling back home to Tennessee. Interestingly enough, Frank didn't have an issue with Roger Howarth traveling back home to New York while coming to LA to film (Roger eventually got an apartment to stay at while in LA)

by Anonymousreply 281April 5, 2024 8:59 PM

Why did they end Sonny and Nina? I thought that was the Maurice approved couple? Did something happen?

by Anonymousreply 282April 5, 2024 9:00 PM

Scott Reeves was fired not to long after wife Missy had her infamous Chick-fil-A tweet.

[quote]Chick-fil-a today!!! Loved every bite of it;)!! Land of the free and home of the brave. Love that we all appreciate free speech, right?

Missy made the tweet in August 2012 and Scott was informed he was being let go in December 2012, with is last appearance on March 5, 2013.

I always wondered if the two were connected.

by Anonymousreply 283April 5, 2024 9:11 PM

R282 Frank along with the producers/scabs were planning to cause conflict between Sonny and Nina by having them each have dalliances with Anna and Valentin. When Chris & Dan returned, they were planning to keep similar elements of that story, except they switched Anna out for Ava. The network apparently grew tired of Maurice dictating storylines, so he's been stripped of a lot influence he's had. Maurice wanted to keep Sonny and Nina together, however it's not up to him anymore.

by Anonymousreply 284April 5, 2024 10:01 PM

R285 I remember that lol it caused an uproar. Possibly could've been connected somewhat, although both Scott and Steve weren't willing to relocate back to Los Angeles, which was the main reason given why Frank refused to compromise with either one of them.

Frank could've easily used the commute as a way to get rid of them both, for he wanted Sam with John McBain anyway (before they were forced to get rid of their OLTL characters) with underlying factors being Melissa. Ron didn't exactly have a choice in the matter since NBC/Ken Corday weren't willing to part with Jennifer, if he felt any ill will towards her when he began head writing for Days (along with Jennifer being a more significant character at Days than Steven Lars)

by Anonymousreply 285April 5, 2024 10:11 PM

[quote] The network apparently grew tired of Maurice dictating storylines, so he's been stripped of a lot influence he's had.

Glad to hear the network grew some balls.

Maurice had no business sitting in on the writers meeting much less approving or disapproving storylines.

by Anonymousreply 286April 5, 2024 10:13 PM

Also, with Steve out by then, it was easier to get rid of Scott, for Steve's unwillingness to live in LA was what Frank used to get him out (Steve was already considering heading to Y&R beforehand; he wanted to see how everything would work out under Frank and Ron. Apparently he didn't like the way they were writing Jason, along with being stifled by Frank. Jill offered him freedom in regards to his schedule, storylines and more money to jump ship)

by Anonymousreply 287April 5, 2024 10:17 PM

r285 Ron was pretty vocal about being gay and clearly a gay activist given some of the storylines he tried to do at OLTL.

So, I cannot imagine Ron was very happy that the wife of one of his GH actors was so publicly supporting an anti-gay company like Chick-fil-A. I can easily see him losing his taste for Steven Lars after that tweet happened.

Steven Lars went from being fairly prominent to barely having any storyline in the space of weeks and soon was written out. That was especially odd since his mother Heather was still in town, although she was tied largely to Todd Manning at that point.

by Anonymousreply 288April 5, 2024 10:20 PM

R286 Right lol however Maurice is claiming that he's "happier than ever" with his current storyline. He recently mentioned that he "has no say in what the writers want" however that's only as of this year, for yes he definitely was a part of those meetings in the writer's room.

by Anonymousreply 289April 5, 2024 10:21 PM

R285 I'm aware that Ron has a history of activism and gay rights; I'm not saying that Missy's tweet didn't play into Scott being fired, I'm just saying that there was the whole commute issue that Frank wasn't willing to compromise on, which could've also been because of Missy.

That's why I also said I wonder how Ron feels about writing for Jennifer at Days; certain castmates of Missy's (like Linsey Godfrey) can't stand her, so I'm wondering how Ron navigates through that, for Ken Corday only lets her leave when she wants to (like her refusal to commute from Tennessee during the pandemic, resulting in Cady McClain being hired on)

Frank himself isn't too keen on anti-gay, anti-discriminatory behavior, neither were Chris & Dan; for when Rory actor Michael Kruse had his discriminatory comments come to light, he wasn't on that much longer afterwards. Antonio Sabato Jr.'s inflammatory comments also played into Frank and Ron refusing to rehire him when he practically begged them years ago.

by Anonymousreply 290April 5, 2024 10:31 PM

In other words, Frank could've used not willing to compromise with Scott's commute as a smokescreen to get rid of him, for he couldn't just flat out say he was firing him because of his wife. Same way he used the commute as a way to get rid of Steve when he really wanted Jason out of the picture, to make for Sam and John McBain

by Anonymousreply 291April 5, 2024 10:34 PM

Scott was let go to free up money. I'm not sure if a lot of people know this, but GH is not the most progressive set in daytime and I'll leave it at that.

by Anonymousreply 292April 5, 2024 10:37 PM

Jennifer on Days rarely had any scenes with her gay nephew Will, much less Sonny or Paul.

And Jennifer definitely never had any scenes with Leo Stark.

I'm sure Greg Rikaart is happy about that given the way he publicly attacked Missy's homophobia. And this was before Greg officially came out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293April 5, 2024 10:46 PM

The network stripped Maurice of his power to influence and dictate storylines and gave it to LW??

I guess we can expect a resurrected Peter August to be the head of Pikeman then.

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 294April 5, 2024 10:51 PM

R292 GH might not be a "progressive set" perse, however both Frank and Ron are both pretty progressive. Many think that Frank was the one put the kibosh on Kish at OLTL, however that was more on Brian Frons, after complaints about OLTL being "too gay."

Freeing up money is always something Frank's willing to do. Of course that played into it too, but bottom line is both Frank and Ron decided that Scott was no longer needed

by Anonymousreply 295April 5, 2024 10:58 PM

R294 Pretty much. The hierarchy now is supposedly LW, Steve, then Maurice. Elizabeth Korte being head writer is ensuring that Carly continues to be front and center. LW wants her boyfriend back on the show; she got him on before so who's to say it won't happen again 😁 although obviously as another character.

by Anonymousreply 296April 5, 2024 11:03 PM

Well, Wes Ramsey can play Steven Lars.

by Anonymousreply 297April 5, 2024 11:07 PM

At R295 actually per se is what was meant, not perse lol

by Anonymousreply 298April 5, 2024 11:11 PM

R297 LMAO clever. That's probably an idea they'd run with too.

by Anonymousreply 299April 5, 2024 11:12 PM

If I was a gay activist producer and writer looking to free up money for my show, an actor whose wife just did a homophobic tweet would certainly have a target on his back.

by Anonymousreply 300April 5, 2024 11:30 PM

We probably just gave Scott Reeves more attention than Melissa gives him, especially when she was busy cheating on him with Jason Brooks. Not only did he talk Melissa into quitting, ultimately resulting with her being in breach of contract, he also, allegedly, made her stand in front of their congregation, apologizing for her sins.

by Anonymousreply 301April 6, 2024 12:56 AM

Previews for next week: (Couldn't edit previous post)

Monday, April 8th, 2024

Preempted for Solar Eclipse coverage

Tuesday, April 9th, 2024

Nina and Drew get into a heated argument.

Carly finds Jagger in trouble.

Sonny is furious with Jason.

Michael and Willow discuss her career.

Kristina is disturbed by Ava’s behavior.

Wednesday, April 10th, 2024

Sonny and Jason have a tense meeting.

Drew and Nina come to a surprising agreement.

Carly begins to see a different side to Jagger.

Curtis achieves another milestone.

Ava searches for something in Sonny’s house.

Thursday, April 11th, 2024

Anna asks Valentin for help.

Alexis receives news about her appeal.

Curtis suggests a business proposition to Drew.

Chase has a surprise for Brook Lynn.

Nina gets the wrong idea.

Friday, April 12th, 2024

Jason wants to give something to Carly.

Things do not go well with Lucy and “The Home & Heart” Deception segment.

Tracy has a heart to heart with Brook Lynn.

Sasha finds joy in working in the stables with Cody.

Gregory encourages Alexis.

by Anonymousreply 302April 6, 2024 1:09 AM

R278 Speculation is Drew and Nina have sex next week (not sure it'll be that soon though) while also building towards a Nina/Drew/Jordan triangle (since Jordan and Drew will be in each other's orbit more often now; Chris & Dan were planning to pair Jordan with Brick)

by Anonymousreply 303April 6, 2024 1:12 AM

Maurice stating that he's "having fun" with his current story (in regards to the tampering of Sonny's meds)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304April 6, 2024 1:15 AM

R304 - Isn't this a retread? I could swear they've done this story before with Ava switching out the meds for M&Ms with no one noticing. Did she do that to Sonny or Morgan or both?

by Anonymousreply 305April 6, 2024 12:40 PM

A retread? On this show?? Perish the thought! That would never happen!

by Anonymousreply 306April 6, 2024 2:40 PM

R305 M&M's 😆 😆 it is a retread in a sense, for Ava did it with Morgan, before he was "killed" by Olivia Jerome. This time it's Valentin (possibly with Ava's assistance) lowering Sonny's dosage. They tried to get creative by switching certain parts and motives around, however, yes, essentially it's a retread.

by Anonymousreply 307April 6, 2024 4:17 PM

R306 Right. GH isn't known to redo stories over and over 😁

by Anonymousreply 308April 6, 2024 4:19 PM

Eden & Evan event on Sunday April 7th; they're hosting together live on Zoom. Tickets are still available for purchase.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309April 6, 2024 4:23 PM

Evan does nothing for me. Don’t get the Dex love. He doesn’t sell mob enforcer. Jokes

by Anonymousreply 310April 6, 2024 5:11 PM

Katelyn MacMullen (Willow) wants her character to "go crazy" like Nelle, instead of continuing to play it safe.

by Anonymousreply 311April 6, 2024 8:28 PM

Around the rumor mill: GH is casting a biracial male in his 20s, who's currently testing with both Eden and Tabyana. The male is Justus Ward's son, either with Faith Roscoe or another woman.

by Anonymousreply 312April 6, 2024 8:30 PM

Real Andrews is going to be on Mo's show Sunday.

I wonder if it's a campaign to get him more GH airtime?

by Anonymousreply 313April 6, 2024 11:37 PM

was never a big fan of his but he nailed it with the Trina dad reveal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314April 7, 2024 5:50 AM

Greg Vaughan is dating Shanna Moakler; many are wondering if Kelly Monaco played matchmaker (Kelly and Shanna are still pretty close)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315April 7, 2024 5:25 PM

She's so messy. But, maybe he likes that.

by Anonymousreply 316April 7, 2024 5:40 PM

He’s still so hot. Poison ivy 3 was educational for me. Want him back as Lucky!

by Anonymousreply 317April 7, 2024 6:19 PM

I guess he could come back as Lucky now that Tony Geary is gone. I'm not sure which Lucky, Tony hated more.

by Anonymousreply 318April 7, 2024 6:23 PM

R316 Yep Shanna most certainly is 😊

by Anonymousreply 319April 7, 2024 7:02 PM

R317 Becky Herbst wants him back as Lucky too.

by Anonymousreply 320April 7, 2024 7:03 PM

R318 Tony G. hated Jacob Young more. Although he was thrilled when Greg was fired in favor of Jonathan coming back, he did give Greg a backhand compliment, saying at least this Lucky can act, but his favorite has and will always be Jonathan.

by Anonymousreply 321April 7, 2024 7:05 PM

However to clarify, Tony G. did come to accept both Jacob Young and Greg Vaughan after getting to them better. Initially, he didn't like either/or as recasts, for he felt that they would have been better off "killing Lucky" instead of recasting (especially when Jacob Young first came on board)

by Anonymousreply 322April 7, 2024 7:09 PM

*did come to accept them after getting to know them better. Sort of how Maurice is shitty to recasts by taking his anger out on them, Tony G. wasn't entirely too different in that aspect.

by Anonymousreply 323April 7, 2024 7:11 PM

*sort of how Maurice is shitty to certain recasts, not all.

by Anonymousreply 324April 7, 2024 7:12 PM

Jonathan Jackson is the only Lucky that Frank apparently wants to come back.

by Anonymousreply 325April 7, 2024 7:14 PM

As of this time, apparently there aren't any plans to have Nikolas, Lucky or Spencer back (Adam Huss is scheduled to make at least a one day guest stint). Lulu is still up in the air; there has been interest in bringing her back heavily since last year, except Frank either wants Julie Marie Berman or a recast that he hasn't seemed to find yet (they held auditions for Lulu last year, without any results; Temp Maxie Nicole Paggi was considered as a Lulu recast)

by Anonymousreply 326April 7, 2024 7:20 PM

No Jonathan, no Julie Marie means no Lucky or Lulu for Frank (although the network can easily override him if they really want Lucky and Lulu back)

by Anonymousreply 327April 7, 2024 7:21 PM

Would love a Sam and Lucky pairing! A real one this time!

by Anonymousreply 328April 7, 2024 7:28 PM

Ever since Marci Miller's name came up as a possible Lulu recast, I can't unsee it. She would be great.

by Anonymousreply 329April 7, 2024 7:28 PM

Aren't they doing a Sam/Jason/Carly triangle?

by Anonymousreply 330April 7, 2024 7:29 PM

R328 Yeah they were pretty hot together.

by Anonymousreply 331April 7, 2024 7:30 PM

R329 Frank would probably love that 😁 except she's have to be willing to deal with the daytime grind again. I remember her name being tossed around too; it would be interesting, especially with the whole Kate Mansi factor.

by Anonymousreply 332April 7, 2024 7:32 PM

R330 Supposedly it's headed towards a possible Jason/Carly/Jagger triangle. Korte apparently wants Sam and Liz out of Jason's orbit romantically, just as co-parents who don't see him in the same manner as they had before. Sam and Dante building a love story is still in the cards, with Lulu eventually waking up.

by Anonymousreply 333April 7, 2024 7:35 PM

Lulu is more likely back as a recast, once the right one is found (which they haven't as of yet) since Julie Marie is reportedly not interested. Emme Rylan is very interested, although Frank isn't (nor the network either, for they haven't reached out to her)

by Anonymousreply 334April 7, 2024 7:38 PM

Rylan's drama club vocal projection was a real dick wilter.

by Anonymousreply 335April 7, 2024 8:21 PM

R317 Guess Poison Ivy series is what stayed on their minds too, for that's what initially linked them, not their mutual relationship to Kelly Monaco 😁 as some have wondered:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336April 7, 2024 8:21 PM

R335 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 337April 7, 2024 8:22 PM

Marci Miller would be all wrong for Lulu. Actually, Kate Mansi should have been considered for Lulu.

by Anonymousreply 338April 8, 2024 12:56 AM

What's the plan for Eva La Rue? Staying? Going? Just hanging out until the writers figure it out? Too bad they made the character annoying and unlikeable. She does look good.

Have Eva and NLG had lunch? 🤣

by Anonymousreply 339April 8, 2024 1:31 AM

R338 Seeing how big of a crush Kate Mansi has on Dominic, she probably would've loved being Lulu. The main complaint would've been how she's not blonde from fans, more than likely, although Kate has been blonde before

by Anonymousreply 340April 8, 2024 2:49 AM

R339 Frank apparently was able to get Eva La Rue in (with the network's approval) and the plan is for her to date Sonny. She's not exactly testing well with viewers, who are taking to calling her a brunette Carly which isn't needed.

Eva is apparently pretty forgiving, for she and Nancy are friends, even after Nancy's comments about John. Eva was also able to work at Y&R with Amelia Heinle being there, even though Amelia had an affair with John while he was with Eva (when they were on All My Children)

by Anonymousreply 341April 8, 2024 2:55 AM

Thanks, r341.

I knew about Amelia and John but didn't know Eva was ever on Y&R. How very Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 342April 8, 2024 3:31 AM

R342 You're welcome. Eva seems like she wants to stay long-term and is hoping that Sonny/Natalia catches on.

Yeah she was briefly on Y&R as Celeste, mother of the Rosales clan, Rey, Arturo and Lola

by Anonymousreply 343April 8, 2024 3:39 AM

Where do Tony and Mo get off deciding they can be shiity to any actor?

They didn't exactly set the world on fire outside of GH.

by Anonymousreply 344April 8, 2024 4:34 AM

[quote]Where do Tony and Mo get off deciding they can be shiity to any actor?

Not giving them a pass, but that is a long tradition on many soap sets. Soap sets can be complicated places to navigate. And usually the toughest people on soap sets are those people who don't want to be on soap sets, but have no other options. For example Tony Geary and Maurice.

by Anonymousreply 345April 8, 2024 1:33 PM

I forgot to add there are three types who have the most difficult time on soap sets

1) People who are not prepared

2) People who think their shit doesn't stink

3) People who catch fire quickly and who will more than likely be out the door to primetime or film after their first contract cycle.

by Anonymousreply 346April 8, 2024 2:35 PM

Did they ever explain what happened to Phyllis?

by Anonymousreply 347April 8, 2024 7:37 PM

R344 😆 😆 you inadvertently answered your own question. Not exactly setting the world on fire outside of GH weighed heavily on both Tony and Maurice. Returning to GH as Bill Eckert, then Luke, was pretty much a last resort for Tony. Maurice couldn't really find too much success after his run as Nico on AMC, leading him back to soaps; exiting GH from around 1997-1998 didn't yield desired results in prime-time and film either. Ironically, Sonny was actually only supposed to be a short-term character; Luke, if I'm not mistaken, was slated to be temporary as well, before both characters gained popularity with fans.

by Anonymousreply 348April 8, 2024 7:43 PM

R345 Very true 😁 well said. There are many classic examples of soap "stars" who think they're "above" soap acting, usually being rude to newcomers or other co-stars. Cynthia Watros was bullied by Kim Zimmer and Laura Wright at GL; although Laura was fairly new to herself at that time, she's always been known to be a kiss-up who tries to the sit with the "in-crowd" wherever she goes.

by Anonymousreply 349April 8, 2024 7:48 PM

R347 I don't think so, unless they mentioned her going back to Nixon Falls in a casual conversation. At one point, they were considering Phyllis as Portia's mother, around the time Trina met Phyllis; for iirc, Phyllis mentioned having a child or family that had pretty much ceased contact with her and her husband? There was speculation about Trina and Phyllis bonding not knowing they were related then they dropped it.

by Anonymousreply 350April 8, 2024 7:56 PM

Michael Easton is practically out; he's dissatisfied with playing Finn and wants to move on. It's not official yet; however he's reportedly done with GH. He also joined Instagram not too long ago, where he posted a tribute to Kelly Monaco, for all of their years working together.

by Anonymousreply 351April 8, 2024 8:03 PM

Missed opportunity with Phyllis and Lenny. The Lenny actor wanted to stay.

Lenny should have run Charlie's and Phyllis work at the hospital with both of them being the sages everyone turned to for advice. Jordan should have been their daughter they thought died but didn't.

by Anonymousreply 352April 8, 2024 8:04 PM

[quote]he posted a tribute to Kelly Monaco, for all of their years working together.

I'm sure Mrs. Easton was thrilled to see this....

by Anonymousreply 353April 8, 2024 8:05 PM

Actually Michael Easton's dissatisfaction with Finn was hoping that they'd turn the character in a different direction, away from Liz, possibly with Ava (Michael's preference) which in turn is leading to a complete dismissal from the network (Gregory and Violet are supposedly out too). It's unconfirmed, however an announcement is expected soon.

by Anonymousreply 354April 8, 2024 8:16 PM

R346 😆 definitely.

1. Usually those who are unprepared are either written off or quickly replaced (it has happened often)

2. Tony and Maurice (among others)

3. NAC?

by Anonymousreply 355April 8, 2024 8:20 PM

R352 Lenny, right well they were both featured prominently in the Nixon Falls storyline, then when they relocated Phyllis to Port Charles they seemed invested in her, only to reverse course. Right they could've worked as Jordan's parents just as well as Portia's; or they should've kept Phyllis for Portia's dad once they established that Phyllis wasn't Portia's mother. If Phyllis were Jordan's mother, they could've built on the tension between Jordan and Portia by having their parents falling in love.

by Anonymousreply 356April 8, 2024 8:24 PM

R353 😆 probably was just as beautiful to her as it was to Kelly, along with that quality time Michael constantly spent with his "good friend" Rebecca Budig lol

by Anonymousreply 357April 8, 2024 8:26 PM

Easton is welcome to go.

I haven't been a fan of his since 2006 when OLTL opted to jettison Dan Gautier in order to pay Easton a higher salary. Haven't cared for any of his characters, although I will say Finn is a bit more tolerable than John McBane, Silas Clay or Stephen Clay ever were.

Let Finn die in a plane crash. Keep Gregory in town so we can have a Tracy-Alexis-Gregory triangle. Let Aunt Elizabeth raise Violet until Hayden decides to return to town.

by Anonymousreply 358April 8, 2024 9:04 PM

R358 He could always come back as John McBain, along with Roger Howarth as Todd, seeing how their no rape policy is apparently no longer in effect. However, supposedly they're in the business of cutting costs, thereby trimming the fat with certain characters/contracts.

Elizabeth, Gregory and Violet are all being mentioned as possible exits too. Hayden is being referenced as returning only to usher Finn and Violet out.

by Anonymousreply 359April 8, 2024 9:38 PM

Take this with a grain of salt, but the purge that the network previously scheduled for GH is back on. The retooling, which Avery Pohl mentioned upon her exit (after being informed about it last year) is apparently back in effect, with a few names set to be out. The dipping ratings and overall malaise from viewers is continuing onward, after the head writing change, which is prompting network changes with current characters.

Michael Easton is first up (he's still referencing GH, even posting himself in a tuxedo filming what is believed to be the Brook Lynn/Chase wedding, which is scheduled to air towards the end of this month (for some scenes are filmed a couple of weeks before airtime and edited in with everything else) although more names are set to follow.

by Anonymousreply 360April 8, 2024 9:42 PM

I hope a certain gameshow host is on the list of casualties.

by Anonymousreply 361April 8, 2024 9:46 PM

Bring Back Phyllis!

by Anonymousreply 362April 8, 2024 9:50 PM

R361 😁 😁 He's another name being mentioned

by Anonymousreply 363April 8, 2024 10:00 PM

Cynthis Watros doing a little dance on The Drew Carey Show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364April 9, 2024 12:44 AM

Don’t get how they could get rid of Elizabeth? That’s a character that should be front and center. Maybe in a better pairing or with committed writing. Especially when they have too many actresses in the next age group - Nina, Olivia, Ava, Carly, Alexis, Anna, Eva La Rue character….

by Anonymousreply 365April 9, 2024 2:56 AM

Elizabeth is mother to two teens the show intends to feature prominently. She's also head nurse.

Don't really see her going any place.

by Anonymousreply 366April 9, 2024 3:32 AM

I heard one of the writers there doesn't like Liz and certainly not Liz with Jason because this writer is in love with Jason -- or Steve -- or both.

I swear, turn the cameras around and the ratings would skyrocket.

by Anonymousreply 367April 9, 2024 3:59 AM

R365 She's under consideration because the network nor Frank necessarily see her as a viable character on her own; the reason why Becky Herbst is still employed is because she's always had a large fan base, which Frank used to prop her pairings with both Franco and Finn.

Pre-Frank, remember Becky was blindsided by her firing in 2011. Brian Frons didn't particularly care for Becky, while Guza didn't necessarily care for Liz (unless when he was using her as a prop for Jason). Becky reportedly was in tears onset; the fans went into an uproar, forcing Jill Farren Phelps to convince Frons that they should rehire her (Frons wanted Rebecca Budig to play Liz, since AMC was in the cancellation process; the plan was for Liz to breakdown over Jake dying, sent to a sanitarium, then return as Rebecca Budig)

Ron and Jean/Shelly after him liked to write for Liz, although Frank still never was really impressed with the character nor particularly close to Becky (who's painfully shy) so she got more story under those writers, even though Frank still micromanaged their direction.

She was also almost forced out by Frank in 2016; her contract was up for renewal, so Frank lowballed her, asking her to take a significant pay cut. Becky initially refused; even her husband Michael Saucedo made comments about Frank lowballing her. DOOL caught wind of what was going on and were planning to make her an offer as Abigail Deveraux, for Kate Mansi had decided to quit. Frank had a few recasts in mind lined up (Bree Williamson, Melissa Archer were among them) yet ultimately Becky and Frank came to a mutually beneficial agreement after having a talk, which, according to Becky, was the most in depth conversation she ever had with Frank in the whole time (then almost five years) they'd known each other.

by Anonymousreply 368April 9, 2024 8:04 AM

R367 You're right lol and the writer you're referring to is one of the head writers, Elizabeth Korte, who never liked Liz, never liked her with Jason and is in love with Jason/Steve herself.

When she rewrote the Jason returns story, included in her first order of business was to completely cut Liz out of Jason's story, which is what Chris & Dan had planned (Willow was brought in as her replacement) and she is intent on keeping Sam and Liz away from Jason romantically, for she wants him solely with her fave, Carly (Jason/Carly/Jagger triangle is apparently on the horizon)

Some Jason/Liz fans even purchased some sort of billboard (a few months ago) featuring Jason and Liz (upon announcement of Steve's return) in hopes of the network noticing, in an effort to reunite Jason and Liz, aka Liason.

by Anonymousreply 369April 9, 2024 8:18 AM

Josh Kelly apologizing for his lack of physicality on the Steve/Bradford podcast made soap news:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370April 9, 2024 8:23 AM

What a way to go out…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371April 9, 2024 10:05 AM

R368, you have more dish than Amy Vinning had back in the day!

by Anonymousreply 372April 9, 2024 4:33 PM

R372 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 373April 9, 2024 5:29 PM

Seriously, you speak as if you're a true insider.

So...let's get into the important dish...which hunks are gay?

by Anonymousreply 374April 9, 2024 5:38 PM

NV would be an idiot to try and fire Rebecca Herbst again. He’s trying to bring back “lapsed viewers”. They desperately want to retool this mess of a soap. Letting her go wouldn’t help that whatsoever.

ME was finally fired after multiple attempts at trying to make him work on this show. They thought Rebecca’s popularity would help him - it didn’t. Hopefully Gregory, Violet, BLQ, Sasha and Cody are out next.

by Anonymousreply 375April 9, 2024 5:51 PM

[quote]ME was finally fired after multiple attempts at trying to make him work on this show.

Has he officially been fired? Or it still just rumor?

by Anonymousreply 376April 9, 2024 5:59 PM

R376 Not officially confirmed, as of yet. Supposedly released off contract as of April 1st; initial rumor was that he wasn't happy and considering asking to be let out of his contract, or not renewing when it was up next year. GH is apparently now offering shorter-termed contracts or recurring, to cut costs and decided to let him go, with now possibly recurring (there's also another rumor about him reprising John McBain)

by Anonymousreply 377April 9, 2024 7:11 PM

R375 Gregory is supposedly out soon

by Anonymousreply 378April 9, 2024 7:13 PM

R374 Just here in LA, picking up info, sharing 😊

by Anonymousreply 379April 9, 2024 7:23 PM

JPS is now no longer under any significant pressure to sign a lengthy contract, for the new model is shorter lengthed contracts or recurring, in an effort to save the network money.

by Anonymousreply 380April 9, 2024 7:31 PM

LW needs a body double. Those looked like Kim Zimmer's hips waddling down the alley after she "frau'ed" away Jagger's attackers.

by Anonymousreply 381April 9, 2024 7:33 PM

Becky Herbst could be offered recurring status, instead of flat out being let go (provided she's willing to accept that)

by Anonymousreply 382April 9, 2024 7:34 PM

R381 😆 😆 She's becoming more and more like Kim Zimmer in more ways than one. Only difference is she's not as good of an actress as Kim.

by Anonymousreply 383April 9, 2024 7:36 PM

R381, agreed. She is what Tina Fey would call “not shootable from behind.”

by Anonymousreply 384April 9, 2024 8:15 PM

New rumor: Daniel Goddard is possibly joining GH as a new doctor. He played Cane Ashby on Y&R, Genie played his mom (for anyone who wasn't watching Y&R)

by Anonymousreply 385April 9, 2024 9:22 PM

Could he be a NuNik and the doctor thing is just a ruse?

Just spit balling since Genie already played his mom....

by Anonymousreply 386April 9, 2024 9:58 PM

If true, I was actually wondering that too, is this code for a NuNik, with the whole Genie connection as his mom already established before (Tristan Rogers was his dad on there too iirc)

Another name that's being discussed is that he's Steven Lars Webber

by Anonymousreply 387April 9, 2024 10:06 PM

He's the same age as Ingo. Maybe NuJax?

by Anonymousreply 388April 9, 2024 10:20 PM

R388 Never know. Daniel was almost cast as NuEJ on DOOL awhile ago, before their hiring of Dan Feuerriegel.

Brennan actor James Mesure would've been a good Jax.

by Anonymousreply 389April 9, 2024 10:42 PM

Ricky Martin is living La Vida Loca down below too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390April 9, 2024 10:49 PM

More casting rumors: Lucas Jones and Dillon Quartermaine could both be on their way back to Port Charles.

by Anonymousreply 391April 10, 2024 11:54 AM

Susan Lucci looks scary thin and her hair is also very thin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392April 10, 2024 12:02 PM

Lucas and Dillon are good additions if they want to add to the cast! Throw in Lulu, Lucky, and a perm Nikolas.

by Anonymousreply 393April 10, 2024 12:11 PM

R392 Hope she's doing ok, for between losing her husband two years ago along with her ongoing feud with her daughter, that seems like a lot to deal with. Frank has reached out to her several times, to at least make a guest appearance on GH. When Jackson Montgomery was brought on, along with Martin Grey's ex-wife drama, Lucci was supposed to play the main ex-wife. Frank was so sure he had the right storyline to bring her in, only for her to, once again, turn him down. Kassie DePaiva's Blair Daimler was inserted at the last minute.

by Anonymousreply 394April 10, 2024 12:17 PM

R393 Ryan Carnes returning this year as Lucas got such a strong reaction from fans, so much so that the network apparently took notice- it's his part to turn down. Robert Palmer Watkins supposedly isn't under consideration for Dillon again, which is fine, for he has other projects he's working on.

by Anonymousreply 395April 10, 2024 12:31 PM

Former GH writer Shannon Peace confirmed that GH has a Carly issue (the writers would have their scripts edited by Elizabeth Korte, when she was associate head writer, to Carly's benefit)

by Anonymousreply 396April 10, 2024 1:16 PM

Just rename the show The Carly Hour brought to you by Elizabeth Korte.

How many people trashed Nina yesterday? Insipid Willow and Michael, Olivia, Diane....

by Anonymousreply 397April 10, 2024 1:28 PM

Jack Brennan actor (Charles Masure) kissing LW's wide ass on X.

Calling her a "top shelf" actress, "gorgeous", "charismatic", "honey badger'. Ugh.

I know he's just trying to keep his job and make his life easier but it's over the top. I bet he shows up on Mo's show next "sharing" some real or exaggerated mental health struggle so as to get on sputtering Mo's good side.

by Anonymousreply 398April 10, 2024 2:18 PM

R397 Right. Korte isn't nearly as clever as she thinks she is with all this vitriol towards Nina, then all of the Carly coddling "she's so brave, she's so resilient" lol

by Anonymousreply 399April 10, 2024 2:31 PM

R398 Yeah he's definitely laying it on pretty thick. One could wonder if he just wants to keep his job or if he really wants her in some way 😆 or at least as a work crush. Guess he's playing the long game, which definitely means a State of Mind could be in the works.

by Anonymousreply 400April 10, 2024 2:35 PM

Why is OP lined out? Who would FF an innocuous soap thread?

by Anonymousreply 401April 10, 2024 4:25 PM

I’d be cool with Carly as the front and center character if she was written better and played by a likable actress. Say SJB or TB or even a Gina T who could give a more layered anti heroine take to this role. Hard to have your leading lady be so unlikeable and not written like a villain.

by Anonymousreply 402April 10, 2024 8:40 PM

The biggest issue with Carly - besides LW being miscast since day one - is that no one is allowed to call her out on any of her wrongdoings without being made into the town villain. LW must have it in her contract somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 403April 10, 2024 10:37 PM

So far Patrick isn't writing "messy" well.

Needed a bit more build up to Nina and Drew angry sex and then Drew should have softened towards her and eventually fallen for her thus infuriating Carly. Instead he's treating Nina like a hooker which is just more trashing of Nina while Carly snarls her way to sainthood.

by Anonymousreply 404April 10, 2024 10:48 PM

R402 Sarah J. Brown and Tamara Braun are still favored by many fans as their preferred Carly's; Gina Tognoni has been mentioned as well as a dream casting version of Carly, especially since she practically had the role before (after SJB left in 2001; network interference prevented Jill Farren Phelps from casting either Gina or Robin Christopher as Carly.)

Interestingly enough, even though Tamara Braun was almost cast as Carly again twice (once in 2011, another time in 2017) her turn as Kim wasn't exactly favorable; Wil de Vry admitted back then that he felt sorry for Tamara, which, along with him seeing Tamara as a friend, made it easier for him to be onboard with Julian and Kim, if they would've fully went there, for Maurice, Steve, nor Billy Miller (R.I.P.) wanted to work with her, which was moreso not wanting their characters paired with Kim.

Maurice's reasons went back to the bad blood between him and Tamara, around the time she first left as Carly back in 2005. Steve refused to play Jason with Drew's memories, which is why the story was given to Roger Howarth and Franco. Steve and Tamara had slight issues from her early days too, although everything seemed to be cleared up around the time Tamara left in 2019, between Tamara/Maurice and especially Tamara/Steve (while her close friendship with Frank ending up falling apart, resulting in Frank not renewing her contract).

Billy's issue was that he felt Drew and Sam should've stayed together; he was bitter about Steve returning, having Drew given to him as a consolation prize, so he not only wasn't receptive to the idea of Drew/Kim, he outright refused a Jason/Sam/Drew triangle by frequently exercising his outs, making it even more difficult to write a triangle, which Steve also didn't want to play as well. Kelly just wanted Sam with Drew, at that time, even though she backtracked heavily years after.

by Anonymousreply 405April 10, 2024 11:04 PM

R403 There's something about her having provisions in her contract to that effect (after Frank took over and LW became one of his primary cheerleaders). Supposedly she also has a "no slap" policy, where other women aren't allowed to slap Carly or get the best of her anymore

by Anonymousreply 406April 10, 2024 11:12 PM

Kim made no sense as a character. As we saw on Days she paired well with Steve. As for Mo that was his best pairing. Kim didn’t work for tons of reasons but mostly because she should have been brought back as Carly. LW as the imposter Carly - give her the Drew treatment.

by Anonymousreply 407April 10, 2024 11:13 PM

R407 😁 she was supposed to come back as Carly, originally in 2017, had LW quit for Y&R to join Jill and Steve, which was in the works in 2016, before both Jill and Steve were fired (LW's contract at GH wasn't up until 2017, if not for that, she would have been able to reunite with them both). Frank cast TB as Kim since LW stayed, giving her that character as a consolation prize. LW, in turn, used her insecurities with TB being there as a way to get her boyfriend in.

by Anonymousreply 408April 10, 2024 11:20 PM

Billy also refused to engage with Elizabeth Hendrickson when they brought her on as another attempt at a consolation prize for him. She alluded to it when she did Mo's show.

by Anonymousreply 409April 10, 2024 11:23 PM

TB had no interest in returning to the role of Carly, R408. You’re regurgitating everything you’ve read on message boards and twitter.

by Anonymousreply 410April 10, 2024 11:23 PM

R408 You seem pretty bitter 😆 but I'm not regurgitating anything. Tamara was interested in returning to GH as early as 2016; Frank held off on casting her then because there were rumblings of LW going to Y&R when her contract was up in 2017, if not for Jill and Steve being fired before then. Frank wanted Tamara back as Carly, which is why he held off on hiring her until around Fall of 2017, coinciding with LWs contract renewal. Tamara also was Garin Wolf's preferred Carly (or as a Kate recast) back in 2011, yet both Jill and Frank didn't want to get rid of LW.

by Anonymousreply 411April 11, 2024 12:04 AM

What's posted at R410 was meant for R411 😆 btw you're welcome to block or scroll if you're so bothered by my posts

by Anonymousreply 412April 11, 2024 12:06 AM

I meant what's posted at R411 and now R412 is directed to R410 lol

by Anonymousreply 413April 11, 2024 12:07 AM

R409 That's true

by Anonymousreply 414April 11, 2024 12:08 AM

Tamara and Steve's pairing on DOOL as Ava/Harris generated more heat than current Carly/Jason

by Anonymousreply 415April 11, 2024 12:35 AM

Here's what I don't get. TPTB hired Mulcahey to boost ratings. He asks for Korte to be his cohead writer; network and Frank say okay.

WHY? WHY? WHY?

Mulcahey may be HW but Korte's fingerprints are all over this. I'm amazed that a show that has in its cast Jane Elliot, Genie Francis, Finola Hughes, Cynthia Watros, and Nancy Grahn puts all its eggs in LW's basket.

by Anonymousreply 416April 11, 2024 3:55 AM

R416 Honestly, Patrick Mulcahey, Elizabeth Korte and Michele val Jean are all close-knit, so if it couldn't be Michele, then it was Elizabeth, for she has extensive knowledge of their character's history, particularly from mid-90's until now, which Patrick at B&B during the 2000's.

Frons, Phelps, Guza and Korte pretty much catapulted Carly to lead; even though Guza was head writer when LW joined, it was Phelps and Frons who brought her along for the ride, with Korte writing her above every other female (Korte's second favorite is Anna)

by Anonymousreply 417April 11, 2024 4:32 AM

Carly obsession is ruining the show, primarily because of Laura Wright not being a strong enough lead or convincing enough as a heroine, as others mentioned; Korte is just positioning her further into the main role.

R416 I'm not excusing Korte as Mulcahey's choice at R417 for she probably should've stayed as associate head writer, imo, where she would only have control over day to day scripts, instead of their entire stories.

by Anonymousreply 418April 11, 2024 4:42 AM

SBu apparently isn't interested in Jason/Carly as a couple and now LW is downplaying it as well, even though Jagger/Carly are getting almost as much negative feedback as Jason/Carly.

Korte, of course, wants Jason/Carly; however if they were to welcome KT back as Britt or her twin, or even issue a network mandate preventing Jason/Carly redux, Korte wouldn't have a choice but to go along with it.

by Anonymousreply 419April 11, 2024 4:54 AM

Younger characters, in their 20's, relatives of Wards and Cassadines, possibly arriving pretty soon.

by Anonymousreply 420April 11, 2024 6:28 AM

I like the tension between Sonny and Jason, and I hope they keep it up for a while. I also don't mind a Carly/Jagger pairing. Anything but her and Sonny/Jason. Donnell Lamont Turner is SO delicious. I hope they can find something for him to do.

by Anonymousreply 421April 11, 2024 11:16 AM

Constant snarling only works for Selina Wu type characters who are only seen occasionally.

LW delivers everything in a snarling manner interspersed with her highly annoying laugh. One extreme or the other.

And she's not even nice to look at and doesn't wear clothes well. I find her off-putting in every way.

by Anonymousreply 422April 11, 2024 12:02 PM

Tommy Hardy would make sense to bring back. A doctor and a once core family.

by Anonymousreply 423April 11, 2024 2:00 PM

I don't have the Carly or LW issues that some of you have, but I get it. I don't really see LW's Carly as Carly, which probably allows me not to get so upset with the character or the actress. It's the same way I never saw Jensen Buchanan's Victoria as Victoria on Another World back in the day. LW is playing a character named Carly, that has nothing to do with OG Carly.

I can't imagine that it's fun for the writers to have to write a character who always wins.

by Anonymousreply 424April 11, 2024 2:12 PM

LW biggest issue is she doesn’t have the same chemistry with the key characters Carly needs to have it with. After seeing the original two versions this feels like a letdown. Sad this is the version we’ve had the longest.

by Anonymousreply 425April 11, 2024 2:18 PM

R421 SO delicious 😊😊 once Curtis begins to fully walk again, he's supposed to have more story.

by Anonymousreply 426April 11, 2024 2:51 PM

Another woman, from Jason's most recent past, is slated to show up, with Carly and Jagger becoming closer (the network isn't completely sold on Jarly, even though that's what Korte wants)

Speculation is either Britt, or a woman that he was involved with while undercover (possibly Hannah)

by Anonymousreply 427April 11, 2024 2:57 PM

R422 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 428April 11, 2024 2:59 PM

Britt isn't a viable character due to the incurable disease. A healthy Britt twin on the other hand...

Twins run in the family, Nina had twins so Aunt Liesel could have also had twins.

by Anonymousreply 429April 11, 2024 3:02 PM

R423 There have been requests to bring him back for awhile, especially with TJ Ashford becoming one of their primary doctors (same name, same profession). Besides a mention here or there from Elizabeth, they've never seen recasting him as an adult as a main priority.

by Anonymousreply 430April 11, 2024 3:04 PM

R429 Not sure if they'll go this route, but there's also the possibility that her "death" was staged. A twin would make the most sense realistically, but this is GH

by Anonymousreply 431April 11, 2024 3:09 PM

R424 That's interesting because that's pretty much exactly how I see it too; she's not actually playing Carly, essentially she's playing herself. Basically, she's really Carly in name only.

If you don't mind answering, who did you see as Victoria, Ellen Wheeler or Anne Heche?

by Anonymousreply 432April 11, 2024 3:16 PM

Anne Heche R432.

And for the record, I'm not sure who Laura Wright is playing. One thing I will never understand is how they convinced LW to let the other two Carlys return for that special episode.

by Anonymousreply 433April 11, 2024 3:31 PM

R433 Anne Heche was perfection, as Vicky & Marley.

Lol she went along with it because she knew it was only for one day. That was Ron's idea, with Frank co-signing. Ron actually wanted all three of the previous Carly's back for that episode, however Jennifer Bransford declined their invitation; Frank, in turn, began referencing LW as Carly #3.

by Anonymousreply 434April 11, 2024 4:23 PM

I may be the only one, but I loved Jennifer Bransford as Georgie Phillips on OLTL. I'm not sure why she didn't catch on as Carly, but she does look like both SJB and TB.

by Anonymousreply 435April 11, 2024 4:28 PM

R425 The network is well aware that LW is not particularly testing well with the audience. She also is atop their list of characters who are fast-forwarded the most during alternate viewing. Along with viewers asking for Sarah or Tamara to return, they could definitely see all of this as beneficial in negotiations as tactics when her contract is up for renewal.

by Anonymousreply 436April 11, 2024 4:29 PM

R437 No you're not the only one; I also loved her as Georgie Phillips.

Jill Farren Phelps didn't want her to catch on; LW was their designated Carly all along, once Tamara quit. LW was angling for a role on GH because she desperately wanted to get away from Guiding Light. With Jill being there, that was even better; LW met Brian Frons and suggested that he needed her on GH (believe it was at some industry or holiday party, end of 2004/early 2005) and he was apparently interested.

When Tamara decided to quit (shortly after getting into a screaming match on set with Jill) in early 2005, the network tried to convince her to stay, for at least six more months (because by then, Jill and Brian had decided on LW as Carly, except she still had six months left on her contract at GL. Jill contacted LW, letting her know they had a role for her when her contract at GL was up) yet Tamara declined. Sarah was then asked back, for at least six months as well (fresh off her brief stint as Julia on ATWT) yet she turned them down.

Jill reluctantly held auditions for a new Carly, with her and Brian both knowing they would only be there for a limited amount of time. It came down to Sarah Buxton (Annie, Sunset Beach), Jamie Luner (Peyton, Savannah) and Jennifer Bransford. Jennifer was supposedly chosen because getting rid of her in favor of Wright would've been easier, in terms of what the audience would accept. Sarah Buxton was reportedly devastated when she didn't get the role.

Jennifer, as well as the other actresses, all thought that they were auditioning for a new character named Drew. Upon being hired, that's when Bransford learned it was for Carly. When she was fired, she was pretty upset; she was considered likeable onset, having become particularly close with both Maurice and Nancy Lee. Maurice tried, in vain, to save Jennifer's job, for he wasn't onboard with Wright coming along, but that's what was planned (Wright was also promised Ingo as her primary pairing, which was how CarJax came about)

by Anonymousreply 437April 11, 2024 4:51 PM

As I recall from coverage at the time, Galen Gerring's wife Jenna was one of the finalists for Carly in 2005 when Bradford got the role.

That's what one of the soap rags reported at the time.

by Anonymousreply 438April 11, 2024 5:17 PM

R438 Yeah I was just referring to the final three, for there were many actresses who had auditioned. I also remember her years after from being on the E! reality show Dirty Soap.

When they were first casting Carly in 95/96, both Tara Reid (then Steve Burton's girlfriend) and Sarah Michelle Gellar were finalists.

by Anonymousreply 439April 11, 2024 5:31 PM

They also briefly considered a plastic surgery storyline, with Cynthia Preston is a dual role as both Faith and Carly. However there was already too much going on with Carly at the time (the kids being kidnapped, being in love while eventually married to Lorenzo, AJ's "death," Reese reveal, breakdown)

by Anonymousreply 440April 11, 2024 5:36 PM

*Still being in love with Sonny, while eventually marrying Lorenzo at R440

by Anonymousreply 441April 11, 2024 5:37 PM

CBS has canceled The Talk.

That means an hour time slot just opened up on CBS and Michele Val Jean's new black soap opera, The Gates, like is a prime contender for that time slot.

The Talk debuted in 2010 in the time slot previously occupied by As The World Turns, so it would be ironic if The Gates gets that time slot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442April 12, 2024 7:04 PM

R442 The Gates is their frontrunner, unless another show (or shows, like two game shows) manages to garner more attention from them. CBS head George Cheeks seems extremely committed to The Gates, which going by that timeline should be on the air by January.

by Anonymousreply 443April 12, 2024 8:43 PM

Previews For Next Week:

Monday, April 12th, 2024

Carly updates Jason.

Tracy receives welcome news.

Sonny meets with Drew.

Jagger shares his suspicions with Anna.

Ava continues to snow Nina.

Tuesday, April 16th, 2024

Laura and Anna come to a mutual realization.

Trina questions Josslyn and Dex about their relationship.

Alexis and Finn support each other.

Brook Lynn and Chase have an honest discussion about money.

Elizabeth opens up to Gregory.

Wednesday, April 17th, 2024

Carly and Jagger get closer.

Cyrus goes on the record to Anna.

Lois asks Sonny if he will attend the wedding.

Dex takes another step towards his new career.

Ava keeps something from Sonny.

Thursday, April 18th, 2024

Sonny learns that Dex is becoming a cop.

Jason gives Carly a gift.

Nina spars with Drew.

Lois and Brook Lynn have a heartfelt talk.

Josslyn has a plea for Anna.

Friday, April 19th, 2024

Sonny and Carly have it out.

Nina makes a discovery.

Sam tells Jason to stay away from Danny.

Drew and Willow reconnect.

Lois surprises Maxie with her Deception knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 444April 12, 2024 11:05 PM

Carly and Jagger get closer. Vomit.

Sounds like Lois will be working at Deception soon.

Reverend Cyrus needs to be defrocked and put in Jagger and Brennan's orbit and back to his evil ways. High caliber actors should work together.

by Anonymousreply 445April 12, 2024 11:19 PM

Recast of Lois father, Carmine Cerullo, headed to town:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446April 12, 2024 11:20 PM

R445 😆 😆 there's a possibility that Carly and Jagger are initially playing each other, but they're still probably going to have sex.

I'm thinking that too; they seem to want to keep Lois around, even if on recurring. They should keep her dad around too lol

Cyrus has to still be bad underneath this holier than thou act

by Anonymousreply 447April 12, 2024 11:25 PM

Sneak peek pics of Dex included, in police training mode:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448April 12, 2024 11:34 PM

So many career changes and we still only have willow and joss both debating leaving medicine. Can anyone work at the hospital? Cmon…

by Anonymousreply 449April 13, 2024 1:26 AM

Ryan Paevey says he's disenchanted with showbiz and fake friends and taking a break. Or maybe it's just spin and Hallmark sacked him. Will he be texting Frank to inquire as to the possibility of a Nathan twin?

Whatever the case, does he suffer from Bryan Craig Syndrome? antagonistic on social media?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450April 13, 2024 2:09 AM

R450 He seems like a sensitive soul.

by Anonymousreply 451April 13, 2024 3:38 AM

Maurice & Vanessa are planning a joint event together at GH Fan Club Weekend this year.

by Anonymousreply 452April 13, 2024 4:10 AM

R417, I know Korte knows the history of the show; I know she favors Carly.

That's my point; the people who allowed her to become co head writer know all this too. They can't be surprised that Carly has taken up more airtime, is never wrong, etc.

My question is WHY would TPTB allow this -- they had to have known it wouldn't work.

by Anonymousreply 453April 13, 2024 5:18 AM

R450 Yeah, what's up with Bryan Craig? I used to follow him, but he comes across as an insufferable LA douchebag. A HOT one, tho. I think he's a Trumper too.

by Anonymousreply 454April 13, 2024 10:39 AM

Paevey seems to be borrowing from the Kin Shriner book on passive aggressive self promotion.

by Anonymousreply 455April 13, 2024 8:26 PM

Maybe Paevey can join Kin, Coloma and Irizzary on their 3 Dicks youtube show.

by Anonymousreply 456April 13, 2024 8:33 PM

What happened to Kristina’s youth center? She really is flaky…

by Anonymousreply 457April 13, 2024 8:34 PM

Nathan wasn’t that great of a character. I don’t want mediocre actors on GH. It’s always had such great actors the weak links always stood out.

by Anonymousreply 458April 13, 2024 8:54 PM

R454 Bryan Craig lol he's always been a hothead. He would charge fans for conversations among other things lol so he was trying to make money on the side, but what made him a hothead is when both him and him mom would get in Twitter feuds with fans. Bryan even threatened to break a guys fingers before lol while his mother wasn't any better, probably where he gets his temper

by Anonymousreply 459April 13, 2024 9:21 PM

Where is Kelly Thiebaud living? I thought I read she was back in L.A. but she posted on X in the past couple of days that she's in NYC and joined a softball team there. Must not have worked out in London with the boyfriend. IIRC he has a kid so he can't relocate.

Anyway, if she's in NYC that kills any hope of a Britt resurrection or twin.

by Anonymousreply 460April 13, 2024 9:29 PM

R452 R457 Yeah they're really changing a lot of characters careers. Willow and Drew are expected to grow even closer by her possibly working with him in some capacity, think they're like teasing them, plus putting Willow directly back in Nina's orbit. Jordan and Drew are being teased too, yet with Curtis involved, wondering if that'll create conflict between Curtis and Portia.

I think Kristina's center will still happen; one thing that Korte and Mulcahey also did was speed up Kristina's pregnancy, for she was only supposed to be three months pregnant under CVE & DOC yet now she's six months pregnant.

Speculation is that she'll lose the baby, possibly during a scuffle with Josslyn, however I can't really see Korte signing off on that, unless its network mandated.

by Anonymousreply 461April 13, 2024 9:42 PM

R460 She's relocated to NYC temporarily; things didn't work out with the boyfriend in London. She's interested in rejoining GH, based on her mentions of the show and her activity on social media; the balls in the network's court.

by Anonymousreply 462April 13, 2024 9:44 PM

Pavey can probably concentrate on his jewelry biz now (Fortunate Wanderer). I actually like a lot of what he designs. Perhaps he'll have time to expand into nipple bars and cock rings..

by Anonymousreply 463April 13, 2024 9:47 PM

R463 Nipple bars and cock rings 😆 😆 yeah he's doing pretty well with his jewelry like, believe he's also expanded to clothing too, for those GH & Hallmark fraus are really a good source of clientele

by Anonymousreply 464April 13, 2024 9:52 PM

*jewelry line

by Anonymousreply 465April 13, 2024 9:52 PM

People on Twitter seemed to imply that Kelly Thiebaud left the show unhappy and that Frank would never have her back. Is this true? Did something bad go down there? I thought she left because she got a primetime gig.

by Anonymousreply 466April 13, 2024 9:55 PM

Aside from LW torpedoing the Britt/Jason pairing that was popular and had chemistry and then FV giving Britt the [italic]physicality[/italic] lacking Cody as a consolation prize, no nothing went wrong....

She didn't have a primetime gig, she wrapped up a sporadic recurring role on Station 19 with one episode I believe.

She also used the London boyfriend as her cover story for leaving.

by Anonymousreply 467April 13, 2024 10:01 PM

Oh wow, thanks R467. Why is Frank pissed off at her?

by Anonymousreply 468April 13, 2024 10:05 PM

With a couple of exceptions, I think FV is known for being petty and spiteful when actors choose to leave.

by Anonymousreply 469April 13, 2024 10:11 PM

R466 That's true; she specifically asked Frank to kill Britt off because she was fairly certain she wouldn't come back, so essentially everything R467 mentioned. I'm assuming R466 is also R468 well Frank was pissed because whenever someone leaves or refuses certain stories, especially when it includes one of his faves, such as Josh Kelly, it bothers him. However, it's not necessarily completely up to him anymore whether someone comes back or not, for the network can override him if they want her back. Very true R469

by Anonymousreply 470April 13, 2024 10:34 PM

Frank is still somewhat pissed off with Nancy Lee Grahn because she flat out refused anything remotely close to a romance with James De Paiva's character, Dr. Bensch, particularly because his character was going to end up becoming a predator. Frank became against JuLexis when they were favored by the network, the writers and the fans, while he also didn't want Neil involved with Alexis (Neil was originally supposed to be a federal agent, then changed to a therapist). Frank has had it out for Nancy for awhile, however the network and fans are keeping her employed. She also altered a line in the script, infuriating Frank.

by Anonymousreply 471April 13, 2024 10:39 PM

Maurice did an Instagram live where he was asked about Billy Miller- he admitted that although they were never close, others who were close to Billy stated that he has a problem with alcohol. Same with Tyler, who Maurice also admitted to not being entirely too close with, until Tyler's final 2-3 years of his life. (Billy, Tyler's problems were obviously well known to the public)

On a more brighter note, he said that his son isn't returning to GH, yet he's handsome and talented.

by Anonymousreply 472April 13, 2024 10:42 PM

Maurice & Vanessa's joint event will kick off GH fan club weekend; it's scheduled for Thursday August 1st, from 6p-8p in Glendale, CA (the whole fan club weekend is from this August 1st-4th)

If you just can't wait until August and you'd like to see Maurice up close and personal beforehand, he's going on a promotional speaking tour, Maurice Benard "You're Stronger Than You Know"

April 21st Levittown, NY

April 23rd Bridgeport, CT

April 24th, West Nyack, NY

April 25th, Pittsburgh, PA

April 27th, Detroit, MI

April 28th, Batavia, IL

by Anonymousreply 473April 13, 2024 10:49 PM

Hasn't NLG bandied about the fact she is writing a book about her soap career and will publish it when she retires? Did she put that info out there to put TPTB on notice not to mess with her? Brazen if true.

Fun fact: NLG blocked me on Twitter. 🤣 She didn't like something I said about Meghan Markle. I find it odd she's such a Meghan cheerleader since she worked with Thomas Markle at GH and said he was a "sweetie" and very good to his Lighting Crew.

by Anonymousreply 474April 13, 2024 10:50 PM

Elizabeth Hendrickson was the only one who was brutally honest when Billy died. She said she loved him and he was generous and fun but he was also grumpy, difficult and so infuriating she often wanted to punch him in the face and she hoped he was finally at peace.

It was obvious BM had a drinking problem, often glassy eyed. It was obvious from outer space TC had a drinking problem towards the end of his run, his face was so puffy.

by Anonymousreply 475April 13, 2024 10:56 PM

LMAO yes Nancy has somewhat of a behind the scenes tell all public that she plans to release, upon retirement. That could've very well been a warning shit lol for she's never exactly ever been in danger of being fired.

Well in her defense, not sure if it'll remove the odd factor for you though lol but Meghan frequented the GH set when she was a little girl, up until her teenage years.

Remember when there were mentions of her making that appearance as Jill, a nurse at GH who interacted with Jax, in 2002 (they even showed the clips around the time her engagement to Harry was announced)? Meghan wanted to be an actress back then, hoping for a substantial role on GH (speculation is she was given Jill as consolation when Andrea C. Pearson landed the role of Gia recast, after Marissa Ramirez quit, although Jill didn't plan to keep Gia on for too much longer after recasting with Andrea, which could be why Meghan wasn't cast as Gia)

by Anonymousreply 476April 13, 2024 11:03 PM

R475 Right that's what I'm saying, Maurice wasn't saying anything that we already didn't know Billy was also battling inner demons, especially after the loss of his father. Elizabeth of course knew Billy better than Maurice while she also didn't treat him like he was nothing in that manner of which Maurice did, which he seems regret now.

by Anonymousreply 477April 13, 2024 11:06 PM

R474 that was for you at R476 😊

*That could've very well been a warning shot

*Although Jill Farren Phelps didn't plan to keep Gia on for too much longer after recasting with Andrea, which could be why Meghan wasn't cast as Gia

by Anonymousreply 478April 13, 2024 11:11 PM

*Correction, Meghan apparently appeared on GH as Nurse Jill in 2001, while Marisa Ramirez was still Gia. When Marisa left in 2002, Andrea C. Pearson briefly took over the role; the speculation was that Meghan didn't land as Gia's replacement because Jill Farren Phelps never liked the character of Gia, so when Marisa exited (after JFP refused to accommodate her schedule) Andrea was brought only to soon be written out.

by Anonymousreply 479April 13, 2024 11:20 PM

Take this with a grain of salt, but the two new guys supposedly coming on for Josslyn and Trina are apparently a young, conceited flashy spoiled Cassadine heir (completely opposite of Spencer) who's reckless and a troublemaker, along with Justus Ward's secret son with Faith Roscoe, that he possibly never knew of (a Cassadine girl and possibly a Ward girl too, along with a couple more young adults not necessarily connected to any core families, to balance the young adult/teen sets)

by Anonymousreply 480April 13, 2024 11:30 PM

A Cassadine heir? Does Valentin have a much younger brother he didn't know about from one of Victor's dalliances?

by Anonymousreply 481April 13, 2024 11:45 PM

R481 Their relationship to the Cassadine's isn't known, if he's actually coming, although being Valentin's little brother is a good idea.

The other Ward could also possibly be a kid between Keesha and AJ, not sure if they'll actually do two long lost Ward/Quartermaine heirs at once though. Years ago, Garin Wolf was bringing on Maya Ward's half-sister on her father's side, Zoe Richardson for Michael, except Frank/Ron didn't proceed with that, in favor of Michael/Starr

by Anonymousreply 482April 13, 2024 11:59 PM

Charles Mesure (Jack Brennan) deleted his X account supposedly over all the Carly bickering.

He and Adam Harrington (Jagger) were both cheerleading and engaging with viewers quite a bit, I guess it backfired.

I wonder if Adam will follow suit....

by Anonymousreply 483April 14, 2024 12:35 AM

I only came back to watching recently after a very long break… are we sure Valentin doesn’t have any kids besides Charlotte that he knows about?

by Anonymousreply 484April 14, 2024 12:38 AM

R483 Oh wow he deleted his account? Guess it wasn't worth it for all the flak he was catching, in regards to Carly/LW.

by Anonymousreply 485April 14, 2024 12:47 AM

R484 He very well could have more. It would be interesting if they'd somehow say he had a kid with Cassandra

by Anonymousreply 486April 14, 2024 12:48 AM

The Cassadine heir being Valentin's unknown son would be even better! Little Helena aka Charlotte can try to kil him out of jealousy!!

by Anonymousreply 487April 14, 2024 12:54 AM

^kill

by Anonymousreply 488April 14, 2024 12:55 AM

R487 Because she'd have to share her precious Papa with another sibling 😆

by Anonymousreply 489April 14, 2024 1:07 AM

[quote]He and Adam Harrington (Jagger) were both cheerleading and engaging with viewers quite a bit, I guess it backfired.

I guess TPTB and other actors didn't warn him. GH has the most insane fans of any soap. They are coo coo crazy and it's well known to the actors. They've stalked actors, tried to sneak on to the GH set and have had more than a few restraining orders put out against them. Sad, sad group.

by Anonymousreply 490April 14, 2024 1:57 AM

R466, as the Britch was about to fake her death and leave town, I'm not sure why they didn't stick to that plan; if I had a nickel for every soap actor who broke up with their gf/bf ...I'd have $1.80.

I suspect that when you turn up as a dead body on the show, it's Frank's way of saying you'll never be back e.g. Julian.

But...who knows. Kelly is super popular. She's a doctor. An Emmy winner. I'd bring her back in a heart beat ESPECIALLY in light of all the 'wer'e sick of the Carly show' on social.

by Anonymousreply 491April 14, 2024 2:18 AM

R490 Definitely true 😆 😆 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 492April 14, 2024 3:20 AM

I don’t want to see Britt alive. It happens too often and changed too much story I don’t want to see undone.

A twin would be lame imo.

I’d be OK with her getting the Roger Howarth treatment and just getting a new character though.

by Anonymousreply 493April 14, 2024 4:06 AM

If they do, bring in a bunch of younger characters who are unrelated to the current canvas, I wonder if there are any Easter eggs they can put in there to appeal to the ABC legacy universe fans. We never even have to mention their backstory, but it could be fun to imagine…

Miranda Montgomery? Kate and Jenny Martin? Sam manning? I know he’s ton a teen but we never did see Cj roberts grown up right?

by Anonymousreply 494April 14, 2024 4:16 AM

R494 Right while we never did get to see a grown up CJ Roberts, there was an almost grown up Sam Manning, referring to himself as Wyatt Hoover in Port Charles, a reliable Raging Raccoon scout 😊

by Anonymousreply 495April 14, 2024 4:55 AM

[quote] Did they ever explain what happened to Phyllis?

For some reason she up and moved to San Francisco to go live with her dead husband's elderly parents.

by Anonymousreply 496April 14, 2024 12:31 PM

[quote] Elizabeth is mother to two teens the show intends to feature prominently.

I haven't watched in years, but didn't Liz have THREE boys? Or did Jake fake-die again?

[quote] She's also head nurse.

I wonder when Herbst played Nurse Jessie Brewer for one of GH's anniversary specials if she sense how prophetic that would be.

by Anonymousreply 497April 14, 2024 12:41 PM

[quote] I'm amazed that a show that has in its cast Jane Elliot, Genie Francis, Finola Hughes, Cynthia Watros, and Nancy Grahn puts all its eggs in LW's basket.

Well, Laura has an extremely wide basket...

by Anonymousreply 498April 14, 2024 12:59 PM

[quote] I think Kristina's center will still happen; one thing that Korte and Mulcahey also did was speed up Kristina's pregnancy, for she was only supposed to be three months pregnant under CVE & DOC yet now she's six months pregnant.

Gestational SORAS. The child will be born as a 5 year old.

by Anonymousreply 499April 14, 2024 1:15 PM

R497 😆 yeah Liz has three boys; Cameron, Jake and Aiden. Cameron is away at college, living in California along with her sister Sarah I believe, splitting his time between school and Aunt Sarah's if I'm not mistaken; he also has a gf that was mentioned, although never seen. Jake didn't fake die again 😆 he's still living with her, he's about 16 going on 17 now. Aiden, her youngest came out as gay to her last December, while they were cooking/baking, which you might remember he was pretty good at as a child.

You're so right about Liz actually becoming a modern day Jessie Brewer. It's eerie

by Anonymousreply 500April 14, 2024 3:16 PM

R499 😆😆 you're hilarious

by Anonymousreply 501April 14, 2024 3:18 PM

Also, in terms of Sarah Webber, technically Rebecca Herbst's real life older sister, Jennifer Herbst, was the last actress credited as "playing Sarah" for she was paid when they used a photo of her on the show, in 2022, as Sarah

by Anonymousreply 502April 14, 2024 3:22 PM

I’d like to see Susan Moore back from the dead about as much as Cheryl stansbury.

Zzzzz

by Anonymousreply 503April 14, 2024 6:34 PM

Susan Moore was a ditzy restaurant hostess in podunk NE New York? WTH happened in the last 40 years to make her a mob queen-pin with international crime connections? It never ceases to amaze me what these writers will pull out of their ass.

Why not bring back Arielle Ashton has the new head of the WSB?

by Anonymousreply 504April 14, 2024 11:02 PM

R503 R504 Susan Moore isn't coming back anymore; she was going to, but once they fired head writer's Chris van Etten and Dan O'Connor, in favor of promoting Elizabeth Korte from associate head writer to co-head writer with Patrick Mulcahey, that storyline was completely dropped. Really appreciate your Cheryl Stansbury and Arielle Ashton references 😁😁 blasts from the past.

by Anonymousreply 505April 15, 2024 11:40 AM

Too bad the Jack Brennan actor had to delete his X account.

Maybe Human Resources at GH should include a warning in their New Hire paperwork. "We recommend not engaging with rabid GH fans on social media as a form of self-care. Feel free to worship the GH Holy Trinity privately."

by Anonymousreply 506April 15, 2024 3:02 PM

The Gates is going to series! CBS gave it a green light. It debuts in January.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507April 15, 2024 8:56 PM

^ Oh good. Amnesia, alien abductions, and lost evil twins aren't just for white people anymore!

by Anonymousreply 508April 15, 2024 9:21 PM

R508 Silly. Wondering if they'll be able to stay away from those tropes, seeing how this technically will be the first new network soap to debut in the 21st Century (Passions, although fairly new at the turn of the century, premiered in 1999)

by Anonymousreply 509April 16, 2024 2:45 PM

Adam J. Harrington interview about Jagger being taken care of by Carly:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510April 16, 2024 3:30 PM

Two new guys are expected to be wedding guests at Brook Lynn and Chase's wedding: Brook Lynn's cousin Patrick aka "Patty" (Patrick also has a twin named Vincent) and Gio, a new guy apparently for Trina (Gio could either be a Ward/Quartermaine cousin of Brook Lynn's- Justus and Faith's son, or a Cerullo cousin; longshot he's related to Chase)

by Anonymousreply 511April 16, 2024 3:31 PM

Is Brook Lynn and Chase's to be a Red Wedding? There seem to be more people joining this bloated cast than vacating it.

by Anonymousreply 512April 16, 2024 3:38 PM

R512 😆 it could very well be, reminiscent of Guza's style of writing. Speculation has Gregory dying as "a hero" soon, so possibly related, although unconfirmed. Here's the planned list of guests arriving: Cerullo's, including Brook Lynn's father Carmine and cousin Patty Cerullo; Quartermaine's, including Olivia and Drew, with Gregory, Finn, Violet, Dante, Sam, Elizabeth, Portia, Jordan, Willow, Sonny with a plus one- possibly Natalia, Blaze, Josslyn and Gio (a Cerullo or a Ward).

by Anonymousreply 513April 16, 2024 4:12 PM

I don't think GH writers, old or new, can handle or do justice to an ALS story. They couldn't even do Willow's cancer well. They did do well with Mike's dementia. Best thing to do would be to wrap up Gregory's story as soon as possible in an alternative manner not involving ALS.

by Anonymousreply 514April 16, 2024 4:17 PM

Gregory is supposed to die as a "hero" according to speculation, leading to Finn being out

by Anonymousreply 515April 16, 2024 4:26 PM

However R514 to your point, if Gregory is actually surviving and will be on long-term, they should definitely reverse ALS

by Anonymousreply 516April 16, 2024 4:28 PM

FFS Finn, take Violet with you, and run over Lady Val and Charlotte on your way out of town.

by Anonymousreply 517April 16, 2024 4:29 PM

Lol Violet is supposed to leave with Finn; Nathan Varni really likes Jophielle, which is how she was also able to book Will Trent. If they keep her, she'll obviously live with her Auntie Ewizzabitthh

by Anonymousreply 518April 16, 2024 4:55 PM

Does Lois have siblings?

by Anonymousreply 519April 16, 2024 9:52 PM

Why would they name a character Patrick?

Patrick drake will still be referenced (or should be). I hate stupid soap opera writers.

by Anonymousreply 520April 16, 2024 10:31 PM

R520 - Tell me about!

by Anonymousreply 521April 17, 2024 12:47 AM

R519 Yes. Carmine and Gloria Cerullo had five children- Mark, Chuck, Francine, Louis aka Louie and Lois. Mark and his wife Noreen had twin sons, Patrick aka Patty and Vincent, while Louie and his wife DiDi have a daughter, Angie. Giovanni "Gio" Cerullo is apparently related to them somehow, except that won't be revealed until he shows up onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 522April 17, 2024 1:55 AM

R520 😆 Honestly, Patrick "Patty" Cerullo was there first before Patrick Drake; he was there, albeit briefly, in the 90's, with his twin and the rest of the Cerullo's.

by Anonymousreply 523April 17, 2024 1:58 AM

At first glance it would seem Brook Lynn's "Cousin Patty" is a female lol however it's supposed to be Patrick, probably going by Patty now to distinguish him from Patrick Drake.

by Anonymousreply 524April 17, 2024 2:03 AM

Canadian viewers, this is to you, from Nathan Varni:

Here's a quick General Hospital air update for our viewers in Canada (USA not impacted). There was a human error made today and we apologize for any inconvenience for our Canadian viewers. What aired in the USA will now air tomorrow for Canada. Both countries will be in synch once again this Thursday, April 18. Sorry for the mix up today in Canada and we sincerely thank your your continued viewership of #GH.

by Anonymousreply 525April 17, 2024 2:51 AM

Genie/Laura's new haircut makes her look more modern, while her outfit didn't seem too matronly.

by Anonymousreply 526April 17, 2024 3:02 AM

Giovanni "Gio" Cerullo is apparently being played by Giovanni Mazza, a professional violinist for the NBA primarily, while also an actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527April 17, 2024 5:16 AM

[QUOTE] At first glance it would seem Brook Lynn's "Cousin Patty" is a female lol however it's supposed to be Patrick

It's Pat!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528April 17, 2024 12:15 PM

R529 😆 good one, haven't seen a reference to them in awhile. I meant on paper it seems Cousin Patty is a female yet they're apparently male.

by Anonymousreply 529April 17, 2024 2:04 PM

Why would Josslyn be at the wedding?

And why are those two getting married anyway? Chase should be the town slut. BLQ is played by a nun. Recast or send her back to Bensonhurst.

by Anonymousreply 530April 17, 2024 9:54 PM

Poor Josh Swickard stuck in this snoozefest pairing.

I laughed the first (and I believe only) time they had Chase and Chastity sleep together. She woke up alone in bed the next morning wearing a plain, white cotton grandma type button down pajama top.

She couldn't even do the holding the sheet up to her neck to give the appearance of being naked with bare shoulders. The sheet thing wouldn't have exposed any more than a strapless evening gown would. A soap actress who doesn't do love scenes, that just idiotic. They should slash her salary accordingly. You only do half the job? You only get half the pay.

by Anonymousreply 531April 17, 2024 10:17 PM

Robin and Patrick and Emma - characters worth bringing back even as respectable recasts?

by Anonymousreply 532April 17, 2024 10:27 PM

Yes, r532.

I understand there is affection and nostalgia for Kimberly McCullough since the viewers watched her grow up but Anna needs family around. Make it clear to the Robin recast upfront that if the show is cancelled then Kimberly will be back for the final episodes.

Patrick character isn't legacy and Emma actress is no longer the natural child actor she was. Recast shouldn't be a problem at all for either.

by Anonymousreply 533April 17, 2024 10:42 PM

Now that Billy Miller is gone, Jason Thompson has the role of Billy for as long as he wants.

So, he ain't coming back to Port Charles! So, recast Patrick if needed.

by Anonymousreply 534April 17, 2024 11:44 PM

It’s Noah and Emma who are needed. We have enough Patrick aged people around.

by Anonymousreply 535April 18, 2024 12:15 AM

R531 Amanda Setton - who plays BLQ - has said even sitting in bed with Joshua showing her bra straps is crossing a boundary. She was only cast because Frank loved her from her OLTL days. BLQ is a singer. AS doesn’t sing. BLQ is supposed to be this conniving vixen and AS won’t even show her BRA strap.

by Anonymousreply 536April 18, 2024 12:31 AM

Wasn’t her character a stripper on one life to live?

She was good then but not enough to overlook her boundary issues as an actress (and, to your point, lack of singing background)

by Anonymousreply 537April 18, 2024 12:44 AM

R530 Josslyn is supposedly going because of Michael being Brook Lynn's cousin lol for she's not necessarily close to either Brook Lynn or Chase.

Portia being there is sort of a head scratcher too, for she works with the groom's brother, other than that, no direct connection either.

by Anonymousreply 538April 18, 2024 2:57 AM

R531 Josh Swickard contemplated not re-signing his contract when it was up this February. Frank along with the network pretty much had to talk him into staying. Everything you said beyond Josh Swickard is hilarious 🤣 🤣 and the covering up with the sheet is apparently even too much for her; sticking with grandma cloth gowns is the standard.

by Anonymousreply 539April 18, 2024 3:04 AM

R536 Right if not for Frank, there would be another Brook Lynn (or none at all). Many wanted Briana Lane to stay as Brook Lynn once Amanda took her maternity leave; when Amanda considered leaving in 2022, Briana Lane was again mentioned, although Frank has a long-standing rule of not hiring temps as permanents.

Bra straps lol right any form of skin is against her ideals.

by Anonymousreply 540April 18, 2024 3:10 AM

R537 Amanda was indeed a stripper/gold digger on OLTL however that was right before she was married with children, if I'm not mistaken. Everything changed once she got married.

by Anonymousreply 541April 18, 2024 3:12 AM

Briana Lane was not only better as BLQ but she actually had chemistry with Joshua. She’s also a singer IRL. They were idiots to bring Amanda back. They had BLQ wearing a blazer during a scene in a sauna, for gods sake. lol

by Anonymousreply 542April 18, 2024 4:10 AM

“Josh and I are both married. We have young families, we’re wildly committed to our spouses, and it’s a boundary for us,” said the actress. “So…far, the writers and the producers are super respectful of that, and we’re very grateful, and we are willing to chemistry it up and make-out up and make it all good in that way. But in terms of side by side in a bed with bra straps, it’s a bit of a boundary for us.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543April 18, 2024 4:15 AM

R542 Remember Briana was also nominated for a Daytime Emmy during her temp run. If they ever want to cast Brook Lynn's cousin Angie as an adult, it should be Briana.

The scenes in the sauna with her blazer on was absolutely ridiculous lol

by Anonymousreply 544April 18, 2024 5:21 AM

R543 It's understandable that she wants to honor her beliefs, though this seems more on her husband, who's boundaries she's respecting, as opposed to her own, which has been alluded to.

by Anonymousreply 545April 18, 2024 5:25 AM

*The scenes in the sauna with her blazer on were absolutely ridiculous, it should read at R544. It was also unrealistic for Brook Lynn barely broke a sweat.

by Anonymousreply 546April 18, 2024 5:27 AM

Take this with a grain of salt, although Wally Kurth will of course be back soon as Ned, he might not stay on, in favor of just portraying Justin only, on DOOL.

by Anonymousreply 547April 18, 2024 5:58 AM

Who wants to see Amanda Setton near naked simulating sex? I mean, she her looks are fine but she's no raging beauty when compared to other daytime cheesecake. Someone as hot as Josh Swickard needs to be paired with someone his equal, and sure isn't Setton nor was it Katelyn MacMullen. He needs someone like Kelly Thiebaud or Sofia Mattsson, two ladies who can match his raw sex appeal.

Although, personally, I'd rather see Josh Swickard teamed with Josh Kelly...

by Anonymousreply 548April 18, 2024 12:29 PM

I'm sure you can't fire any actor for not wanting to do love scenes. However, if your career is acting and pretending to have sex on camera threatens your marriage then either your marriage is on shaky ground or you're not an actor.

by Anonymousreply 549April 18, 2024 12:38 PM

Amanda and her husband's beliefs and boundaries don't extend to not cashing a check from such a seedy industry. If they are so pious, why be affiliated with soap operas, a genre primarily known for sex and seduction? Like all religious zealots, cherry picking what is right or wrong to suit their own needs. Why doesn't she stay home with her brood like a good religious woman and live modestly on her husband's income?

by Anonymousreply 550April 18, 2024 12:47 PM

You can absolutely have a character driven story that she has an affair or something though and if she won’t play it…. She’s a professional obstacle.

I’ll believe Wally kurth not accepting a paycheck when I see it. I do imagine it must be awkward with his ex and he may have believed it was temporary. We will see…

by Anonymousreply 551April 18, 2024 1:00 PM

I like the Josh and Josh pairing idea. Always thought Josh’s character should be mixing it up with Michael.

by Anonymousreply 552April 18, 2024 1:08 PM

Speaking of working with an ex, what is Kristina and Jack Wagner's relationship?

Could they ever work together again?

by Anonymousreply 553April 18, 2024 1:16 PM

They are friends - would love that Felicia and Frisco reunion!

by Anonymousreply 554April 18, 2024 8:00 PM

Can TPTB at ABC request Jeff Kober grow back his goatee and moustache? The clean-shaven face combined with the gaunt weight loss face just makes him look ghoulish. I don't know how else to describe it besides ghoulish. Facial hair would help a lot. Also, put him back in a suit.

by Anonymousreply 555April 18, 2024 8:13 PM

I agree, Cyrus does not look well. Weight loss makes him look sick.

by Anonymousreply 556April 18, 2024 8:26 PM

[quote] would love that Felicia and Frisco reunion!

Don't hold your breath. About 10-12 years ago he made a guest appearance at that year's nurses ball and they basically shat all over his character: terrible father, terrible husband, terrible person. The real Rick Webber treatment. Jack Wagner said he wasn't planning on coming back again, although with different writers and story-approval he may conceivably change his mind.

by Anonymousreply 557April 18, 2024 9:53 PM

Some early Emmy nominations were announced, the rest tomorrow Friday 4/19.

[bold]Outstanding Lead Performance in a Daytime Drama Series: Actress[/bold]

Tamara Braun, Days of Our Lives (Peacock)

Finola Hughes, General Hospital (ABC)

Katherine Kelly Lang, The Bold and the Beautiful (CBS)

Annika Noelle, The Bold and the Beautiful (CBS)

Michelle Stafford, The Young and the Restless (CBS)

Cynthia Watros, General Hospital (ABC)

[bold]Outstanding Lead Performance in a Daytime Drama Series: Actor[/bold]

Eric Braeden, Young & The Restless (CBS)

Scott Clifton, The Bold and the Beautiful (CBS)

Thorsten Kaye, The Bold and the Beautiful (CBS)

John McCook, The Bold and the Beautiful (CBS)

Eric Martsolf, Days of Our Lives (CBS)

by Anonymousreply 558April 18, 2024 11:21 PM

R557 Right Jack Wagner had a huge issue with Ron's writing direction of Frisco. He'd probably return under different circumstances, seeing how he hasn't completely turned his back on soaps throughout the years.

by Anonymousreply 559April 19, 2024 2:44 AM

John Stamos even considered making a guest appearance or two when Frank tried to get him back a couple of times. Ultimately he decided against it, for he kept getting return offer scenarios that didn't feel right.

by Anonymousreply 560April 19, 2024 2:51 AM

Wally Kurth and Sean Kanan having a little exchange on X. Civil, nothing ugly, but Wally challenging Sean. Sean posted a video of a crime being committed and gave a commentary. Wally chimed in to say we can all agree it was abhorrent behavior but has nothing to do with politics and why was he insinuating one political party approves of crime. Sean going on about criminals being coddled and given hot cocoa and support llamas. LOL. They ended with "love ya brother" but definitely not on the same side of things politically.

by Anonymousreply 561April 19, 2024 4:23 AM

Blind Item: A current GH actor will be blindsided when he's replaced with a known (soap) actor from a rival soap. The actor in question has only been on since the Frank Valentini era.

Not sure if this is true or not, but by guessing, that narrows it down to Finn, Valentin, Drew, Chase, Cody, Curtis, TJ, Dex. ME is apparently still on his way out; would be interesting if it's only ME out and not Finn.

by Anonymousreply 562April 19, 2024 6:52 AM

R561 Is Sean Kanan MAGA, like extreme? I know he's right-leaning

by Anonymousreply 563April 19, 2024 6:58 AM

He's definitely MAGA r563. He doesn't hide it unlike his cousin by marriage and also distant cousin Steve Burton who is generally more restrained about politics on socials.

by Anonymousreply 564April 19, 2024 10:12 AM

[quote] Outstanding Lead Performance in a Daytime Drama Series: Actress: Finola Hughes, General Hospital (ABC) and Cynthia Watros, General Hospital (ABC)

News reports indicate that 7.8 felt in L.A. yesterday was not an earthquake, but Laura Wright reading the trades. She was hear shouting from her garden, "WESLEY! Bring me the ax!"

by Anonymousreply 565April 19, 2024 12:11 PM

Let’s go Carly! I mean Tamara! GH’s loss is Days gain!!!

by Anonymousreply 566April 19, 2024 12:49 PM

R564 Right they are cousins by marriage/distant cousins aren't they lol it was something both of them seem to love reminding ppl of; not sure about now, although definitely in their younger days.

Steve Burton absolutely tries concealing his views, which is why some ppl are shocked when they learn about them, combined with his comments and behavior throughout his career.

by Anonymousreply 567April 19, 2024 12:49 PM

Putting your LW hate aside, briefly, what was her best story as Carly - where she did her best work? Just curious what people will say.

by Anonymousreply 568April 19, 2024 12:51 PM

R565 LMAO

by Anonymousreply 569April 19, 2024 12:51 PM

LW will more than likely submit her scenes centered around Bobbie's memorial for their next ceremony. Last year, there wasn't really much for her to select from; apparently she was pissed when Frank and the producers sidelined her during the writers striking, so much so that she went to the network, complaining. Korte immediately worked Carly into stories once the writers were back at work and it's been nonstop Carly since then.

by Anonymousreply 570April 19, 2024 1:02 PM

R568 Aside, briefly lol well she's had her moments here and there. I suppose it was possibly when Michael ended up being shot; then the aftermath, which actually was what contributed to her winning her first and last for the moment, Daytime Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 571April 19, 2024 1:11 PM

Correcting myself at R571, LW won primarily for Michael's rape and it's aftermath. Michael was shot prior to his rape.

There was also a longstanding rumor that Brian Frons actually bought that Emmy win for her

by Anonymousreply 572April 19, 2024 1:17 PM

Maurice pretty much ruined the character of Michael. For someone who was shot, killed Claudia, sent to prison, raped while in prison, Michael shouldn't be as well adjusted as he is, combined the environment he grew up in and everything he went through as a child.

by Anonymousreply 573April 19, 2024 1:24 PM

I liked LW at the metro court crisis and my favorite pairing was the never explored SK Aj. Second to that early Jax.

by Anonymousreply 574April 19, 2024 1:45 PM

As for TB Carly she was on for less and has had amazing scenes - her Carly versus Brenda, Alexis, Sam, Ric…discovering Michael was “dead”…her chemistry with Alcazar, Jason, Bobbie…and she made Carson a super couple. Her return from the dead was great stuff!

by Anonymousreply 575April 19, 2024 1:47 PM

I remember an episode with LW where she cut off all her hair after sleeping with (was it AJ?) that was pretty dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 576April 19, 2024 2:42 PM

I am probably alone in this, but I so wanted Carly and AJ back together during Ron's run. I thought it had the potential to be very early "Alan and Monicaesque". The chemistry was there. It could have been a total history repeating itself kind of story, but Sean Kanan must have pissed someone off over at ABC and his run was cut short.

by Anonymousreply 577April 19, 2024 3:16 PM

Did NAC get any kind of a sendoff? Cake? Card? Balloons? Or did the just pretend he never existed? Did they at least let him come and clean out his dressing room or did some Intern box up his stuff and send it to him?

Interesting how a character/actor can seem so crucial to a show and then when they leave they are forgotten in a heartbeat and everything just carries on.

by Anonymousreply 578April 19, 2024 4:16 PM

Hat Daddy nominated for Supporting Actor. I'm baffled.

No one from GH nominated for Supporting Actress.

Ally Mills nominated for Guest Performance.

I didn't see a "Young Performer" category but maybe it hasn't been announced yet. Or did they eliminate it after all the controversy?

by Anonymousreply 579April 19, 2024 4:44 PM

Jophielle Love (Violet)'s song "Shine" got an "Original Song" nomination....

I continue to be baffled.

by Anonymousreply 580April 19, 2024 4:51 PM

R578, it’s so weird. Eden was the guest on Steve and Bradford’s podcast this week, and there was a brief mention of NAC: “We wish him well, and who knows if and when we’ll see him again.” Kind of sounds as if the cast is as in the dark as we are. This was a “temporary” leave of absence when he left in December; now it’s April, his series is still shooting (see below), his name is gone from the GH credits and website, and it’s just gradually seeming less and less likely that he’ll be back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581April 19, 2024 6:05 PM

I wanted Carly and AJ. Could have been a classic Monica and Alan type pairing. Plus one of the few males LW had chemistry with.

by Anonymousreply 582April 19, 2024 7:49 PM

LW with SK's AJ has always been one of her more favored pairings, pretty much right along the lines of Jax. Todd was another of her better pairings, though with Franco, it tanked; HalloWedding (and the lead up to it) was their best storyline as a couple, imo)

by Anonymousreply 583April 19, 2024 8:10 PM

How is Alley Mills nominated for Guest Performer THIS YEAR when she won for Guest Performer LAST YEAR?

Seems like she's outlived her ability to be called a guest performer on GH and now would be a supporting actress.

by Anonymousreply 584April 19, 2024 8:15 PM

R575 Sarah and Tamara were perfection as Carly. Sarah expressed her interest in returning to daytime as a cast member of The Gates; Vanessa Marcil, being extremely close with Michele val Jean, could also be interested, which would probably be a case of one or the other, for Sarah and Vanessa still haven't exactly reconciled.

by Anonymousreply 585April 19, 2024 8:15 PM

R576 Right she cut her hair around the time she was with AJ

by Anonymousreply 586April 19, 2024 8:17 PM

R577 Sean criticized Ron's writing, which created a rift between them. There was also the fact that Frank wanted Carly with Franco, after Carly with Todd was the story, before the whole Prospect Park issues came to surface. Elizabeth and AJ were well received; AJ's return as a whole was welcomed, initially; he primarily left because of Ron's writing (Ron, being his usual self, included fat jabs about AJ gaining weight, as personal jabs towards Sean's weight gain)

by Anonymousreply 587April 19, 2024 8:23 PM

R578 Reportedly, NAC came on set the day that they had a big cast photo shoot, to retrieve his belongings. There wasn't any mention of a going away party. At the time, he had apparently made his decision to only complete the remainder of his contract, while the network wanted him to re-sign, including a new contract with perks.

There's also somewhat of a rumor that the network is holding out hope that he changes his mind, if by chance his career outside of soaps doesn't pan out (which is a reason why they're no longer proceeding with a recast)

by Anonymousreply 588April 19, 2024 8:28 PM

Didn't he stop following the girl who plays his love interest and the fans lost their minds?

by Anonymousreply 589April 19, 2024 8:33 PM

R579 They eliminated their "Outstanding Younger Performer" category. Now all younger performers must submit their performances to their Leading or Supporting categories. Although they're not necessarily admitting to it, It's been an issue with them, in regards to controversy, throughout the years. They're explanation is that they're simply doing away with the category as a result of their several rule changes. Eden McCoy was their final recipient.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590April 19, 2024 8:38 PM

R580 😆 😆 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 591April 19, 2024 8:39 PM

R589 Yes. Not only has he unfollowed current Trina, Tabyana Ali, he also unfollowed the previous Trina, Sydney Mikayla.

by Anonymousreply 592April 19, 2024 8:42 PM

This thread is almost full.

Here's a new one to use.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593April 19, 2024 8:56 PM

At this point the only way to save this show is a time jump to clear away the riff raff and start anew.

by Anonymousreply 594April 19, 2024 9:14 PM

let's

by Anonymousreply 595April 19, 2024 9:16 PM

close

by Anonymousreply 596April 19, 2024 9:16 PM

this

by Anonymousreply 597April 19, 2024 9:16 PM

thread

by Anonymousreply 598April 19, 2024 9:16 PM

out

by Anonymousreply 599April 19, 2024 9:16 PM

BAJOUR!

by Anonymousreply 600April 19, 2024 9:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!