Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

There's a new trailer for Mary & George, the upcoming miniseries about King James and his boytoy

Looks good!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601April 20, 2024 4:39 AM

Wow! I love Julianne Moore, seriously -- and this looks like one of her better projects.

I will eagerly await.

by Anonymousreply 1November 17, 2023 12:48 AM

It'll either be really good or really bad - and not in a campy fun way.

by Anonymousreply 2November 17, 2023 1:28 AM

Looks cheap. And her accent … oy vey.

by Anonymousreply 3November 17, 2023 1:32 AM

This looks very fun.

by Anonymousreply 4November 17, 2023 4:42 AM

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 5November 17, 2023 5:03 AM

Not really into period shows, but I'll give this a go because of the gay content. Had no idea this was even in the works, Galitzine is killing it.

by Anonymousreply 6November 17, 2023 8:46 AM

Scotland here. They always get Mary Stuart’s accent wrong. She was raised in France from the age of five, and considered herself a Frenchwoman. Saoirse Roman’s accent was the worst, absolutely hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 7November 17, 2023 10:11 AM

Oh that looks GOOD.

by Anonymousreply 8November 17, 2023 10:15 AM

Julianne Moore cannot do accents. Does NO one remember her travesty of a Boston accent on 30 Rock?

by Anonymousreply 9November 17, 2023 10:27 AM

Director Oliver Hermanus made Beauty (2011) which I saw.

by Anonymousreply 10November 17, 2023 10:28 AM

Also behind Living from last year, which Bill Nighy got raves for. And the upcoming The History of Sound with Mescal and O'Connor, and he's doing an Alexander McQueen biopic as well. Busy beaver, good for him.

by Anonymousreply 11November 17, 2023 10:43 AM

The other two directors attached so far, Florian Cossen and Alex Winckler, are less known, but extremely cute.

by Anonymousreply 12November 17, 2023 10:47 AM

Moore is a mix of English and Scottish so she’s a good look for the character. And she’s a great actress. Pity about the accent though.

by Anonymousreply 13November 17, 2023 10:50 AM

Julianne Moore in a gay movie. What a surprise. She's always aweful.

by Anonymousreply 14November 17, 2023 10:54 AM

[quote]aweful

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 15November 17, 2023 10:55 AM

AWFUL.

by Anonymousreply 16November 17, 2023 10:55 AM

Be faster next time, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 17November 17, 2023 10:56 AM

This looks amazing. What a crazy story. Nicholas Galatzine is such a great actor.

by Anonymousreply 18November 17, 2023 11:52 AM

Iggy Pop! How HIP! Also Julianne has amazingly successful ageless plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 19November 17, 2023 11:57 AM

R7. Mary Stuart is nowhere to be found in that clip…as she would have been long dead.

But you are correct that she spoke with a French accent.

by Anonymousreply 20November 17, 2023 12:16 PM

Could be interesting, but isn't the more compelling story that he threw her mother under the bus at the end to secure his own place as the heir to the throne?

by Anonymousreply 21November 17, 2023 12:36 PM

What and who are you talking about? ^

by Anonymousreply 22November 17, 2023 12:39 PM

Can Nick ever play straight?

by Anonymousreply 23November 17, 2023 12:42 PM

Is this the King James who wrote the bible?

by Anonymousreply 24November 17, 2023 12:42 PM

The very same.

by Anonymousreply 25November 17, 2023 12:47 PM

R19 Julianne is probably getting old school work, skin deep face-lifts, no botox. She has to actually be taking care of herself too, because I've seen her up close in person and for a 62 year old pale redhead her skin is incredible.

I've always thought she was very beautiful but is never really talked about as one of our most beautiful actresses?

by Anonymousreply 26November 17, 2023 2:45 PM

[quote]for a 62 year old pale redhead her skin is incredible.

She has obviously stayed out of the sun!

by Anonymousreply 27November 17, 2023 2:57 PM

I love Julianne. I hope she gets an Oscar nomination for Supporting for May December. She was excellent. But I can think of several roles where she deserved a nomination and got nothing—especially Magnolia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 17, 2023 9:06 PM

Count us IN !

by Anonymousreply 29November 18, 2023 2:48 AM

It looks fabulous. This is the perfect show for people like myself who avoided Fellow Travelers because it’s too self-serious.

by Anonymousreply 30November 18, 2023 3:50 AM

[quote] Julianne Moore cannot do accents. Does NO one remember her travesty of a Boston accent on 30 Rock?

I can't say that I do.

by Anonymousreply 31November 18, 2023 3:53 AM

[quote]because it’s too self-serious.

Gods forbid we had drama as a TV genre.

by Anonymousreply 32November 18, 2023 3:56 AM

[quote]Is this the King James who wrote the bible?

No, he just had it translated. Apparently, god wrote it with a bunch of ghost writers doing the actual transcriptions.

by Anonymousreply 33November 18, 2023 4:13 AM

I’m in it for Tony Curran.

by Anonymousreply 34November 18, 2023 4:46 AM

Curran is a really good actor

by Anonymousreply 35November 18, 2023 5:10 AM

The Duggars and their ilk adore the KKV, so I’m looking forward to their tuning in and getting a scorching eyeful of bum sex

by Anonymousreply 36November 18, 2023 5:16 AM

Someone should tell Mike Johnson that this is an epic about the King James Bible to get him to tune in 🤣 😂

by Anonymousreply 37November 18, 2023 5:21 AM

That was an incredible trailer. I am definitely in. This looks fun.

by Anonymousreply 38November 18, 2023 5:41 AM

Yes, a film about sexual repression, political persecution of homosexuals, and AIDS should be played as high comedy!

by Anonymousreply 39November 18, 2023 12:27 PM

It's either camptastic or a bunch of talented elderactors carry it off. First time I've ever seen Nicola Walker do a costume picture, so it's worth giving a look just for that.

by Anonymousreply 40November 18, 2023 12:35 PM

This is my kind of trash--hot, historical, highbrow-ish. Like the Tudors and the then much hotter Henry Cavill.

by Anonymousreply 41November 18, 2023 1:10 PM

Nicholas is really pushing the envelope isn't he? This movie looks very raw. I'm here for it.

by Anonymousreply 42November 18, 2023 1:12 PM

Yes yes yes who is that pretty boy? They do rule the world, you know.

by Anonymousreply 43November 18, 2023 1:14 PM

Looks like Nicky is topping.. for a change.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 18, 2023 11:57 PM

As a relative of his, I think it runs in the family to be truthful.

by Anonymousreply 45November 19, 2023 1:00 AM

Looking forward to this Curran, Moore and Walker are all good actors. Nicholas is there for looks!

by Anonymousreply 46November 19, 2023 1:18 AM

Nicholas Galitzine is a little minx, isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 47November 19, 2023 3:02 AM

R46, not just looks, he's a pretty good actor, too.

by Anonymousreply 48November 19, 2023 12:47 PM

I’m confused. That guy is the King of England. The King James as in the “King James Bible”, right?

And he’s a . . . Um, he enjoys . . . Um, he’s into guys?

Impossible.

by Anonymousreply 49November 19, 2023 5:03 PM

[quote]I’m confused. That guy is the King of England. The King James as in the “King James Bible”, right?

He had the bible translated for purely political reasons, not spiritual ones.

It was to address issues with the puritans and position himself both as a political and spiritual leader - most likely because the puritans have a thing against buggery - as we continue to see with their descendents, at least in thought, the fundie nutbags

by Anonymousreply 50November 19, 2023 5:24 PM

Nicholas Galitzine and Tony Curran while filming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 20, 2023 12:20 AM

^ Fun couple. So Galitzine is buggering the King? Thought Villiers was a notorious bottom?

by Anonymousreply 52November 20, 2023 12:22 AM

James I was "cock mad". He was Scot but his collection of pretty boys were called His Majesties Les Mignons (from mignon, French for "the darlings" or "the dainty ones"). Villiers was his choice filet Mignon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53November 20, 2023 12:37 AM

I have a serious crush on Nicholas. I'm half a step away from becoming his internet stalker.

by Anonymousreply 54November 20, 2023 12:38 AM

The Matt Damon Trolling is so fresh and funny, DL at its finest. Keep up the good work R49. Your comedy stylings really make a thread.

by Anonymousreply 55November 20, 2023 12:41 AM

^ Those are cock sucking lips if every I saw them.

by Anonymousreply 56November 20, 2023 1:29 AM

Nicholas is dreamy. Those lips....

by Anonymousreply 57November 20, 2023 2:25 AM

Did Nicholas get that obnoxious mole removed?

by Anonymousreply 58November 20, 2023 2:30 AM

NICOLA WALKER!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 59November 20, 2023 2:37 AM

I expect lots of gulps and bulging eyes and mid-sentence pauses from Our Nicola.

by Anonymousreply 60November 20, 2023 2:47 AM

I hope she breaks the fourth wall like she does in Annika. Little asides about buggery and the politics of the day.

by Anonymousreply 61November 20, 2023 2:43 PM

Well at least Nick won't need to bring a girlfriend to a public premiere.

by Anonymousreply 62November 21, 2023 2:25 PM

Nicky's third gay role he will defiantly be growing a beard very very soon.

by Anonymousreply 63November 21, 2023 3:40 PM

Bingo! Available, actress, attractive, has had experience dating homosexuals, works a mean peg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 21, 2023 3:44 PM

Julianne Moore is not playing Mary Stuart. She's playing Mary Villiers, the mother of George Villiers, the last, most important, and most influential favorite of James VI/I.

Historians are still divided over whether their relationship was physical. I believe that stems from residual homophobia. There may not have been a semen-stained hose, but I believe James VI/Ihad a physical relationship with his last favorites, Robert Carr and George Villiers. His earlier ones were more likely based upon looking for a father figure in his first to boon companions with one or two exceptions.

This series will no doubt sex it up to appeal to contemporary tastes. They need not do so, because there's plenty of salacious details to make the story appealing without going overboard.

by Anonymousreply 65November 21, 2023 3:52 PM

[quote] His earlier ones were more likely based upon looking for a father figure in his first to boon companions with one or two exceptions.

Whaaat?

by Anonymousreply 66November 21, 2023 3:54 PM

R66, James VI's father was murdered a year after James' birth. He last saw his mother when he was two. As a child, his tutor, George Buchanan, taught him that his mother represented all that was wrong with Scotland. His first favorite was an older cousin, who paid attention to him and was rather cosmopolitan. James was around 13 at the time, and he was probably looking for a father figure. As James grew older, it was obvious that he was attracted to handsome, young men. Were the relationships sexual? Maybe. But there's no smoking gun (or semen stained hose or doublet). One of them was a Scottish noble who saved him from an assassination attempt. Some years after James succeeded Elizabeth to the English throne, Robert Carr, an attractive younger, Scottish noble who came to England with James in 1603, caught the king's attention. In all probability, they became lovers. This did not prevent James from writing that sodomy was the worst possible sin and not worthy of forgiveness. Carr gained considerable influence over James and over policy (and through Carr, a pro-Spanish faction). To curtail that influence, an anti-Spanish faction at the English court arranged a meeting between the king and a young, attractive, minor English noble...George Villiers. Carr fell from the king's favor because of his (and his wife's) involvement in the murder of a Svengali-like figure around Carr. Villers attained greater influence over James and policy than Carr ever had. I have no doubt they were lovers. As an historian, I cannot say that definitively because there is, as I wrote, no semen stained hose or doublet.

by Anonymousreply 67November 21, 2023 5:08 PM

Camila Cabello? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 68November 21, 2023 5:22 PM

“Some years after James succeeded Elizabeth to the English throne, Robert Carr, an attractive younger, Scottish noble who came to England with James in 1603, caught the king's attention.”

So he came to London with James in 1603 but did not catch the king’s eye until some years later. Was that eye wonky?

by Anonymousreply 69November 21, 2023 5:27 PM

Nicholas can leave semen stains on my socks anytime he wants!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 70November 21, 2023 5:43 PM

R8, that pic is from the time they worked in C'inderella' together. Nothing to see there.

by Anonymousreply 71November 21, 2023 6:00 PM

Bitch face Julianne Moore is in it? No thank you.

by Anonymousreply 72November 21, 2023 6:59 PM

Nick appears to be touching her, R71.

by Anonymousreply 73November 21, 2023 9:10 PM

Does anyone else prefer Nick as a blond, as in RW&RB?

by Anonymousreply 74November 21, 2023 9:11 PM

R69, Robert Carr came from a Scottish noble family who began his service at the Scottish court as a boy. It is unclear what his position was. After he came down from Scotland, Carr became one of the grooms of the bedchamber, one of a number of attendants in the inner sanctum of the court with close access to the king. He caught the king's eye a few years later in 1607, when he fell from his horse and broke his leg during a jousting tournament. He did not play a political role until after 1612. James never stood in the way of his favorites marrying. And Carr around 1613 becomes infatuated, begins an affair, and falls in love with Frances Howard, a great beauty but in an unhappy marriage to the 2nd earl of Essex. Her family sees its horizons brighten if she marries Carr, the king's favorite. All the while Carr has a friend, Thomas Overbury, who acts as Carr's point man/tutor/Svengali behind the scenes. James will do anything to please his favorite, and he helps to ram through an annulment of her marriage under questionable reasons (non consummation). Overbury is unhappy that his prospects grow dimmer when Carr falls under the influence of the Howards. The Howards want Overbury out of the way, so they get James to offer Overbury a position as his envoy to Muscovy. Overbury realizes he's being sidelined and refuses. James claps him in the Tower, where he dies several months later under mysterious circumstance. About a year later it comes to light he was poisoned, and it was Frances Howard who was behind it. It causes a huge scandal. It's at this juncture that a anti-Howard faction sought to undermine their influence on the king by engineering the meeting between the young, handsome George Villiers and James. The scandal leads to the fall and arrest of Carr and his wife (her for murder). They are found guilty and locked up in the Tower until a few years later when James exiles them to their estates.

This is the far more interesting tale worthy of dramatization. I'm sure this series will touch upon it. As for Villiers, he uses his position as favorite to enrich himself and his family.

by Anonymousreply 75November 21, 2023 11:25 PM

I do, R74.

by Anonymousreply 76November 21, 2023 11:27 PM

Between this movie and RW&RB, Nicholas has had more gay anal intercourse than me this year.

by Anonymousreply 77November 22, 2023 12:55 AM

So a few years, not several. That makes some better sense.

That entire line of Stuarts were a bit off, though they tried to pretend otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 78November 22, 2023 1:09 AM

Oh I very much agree about the Overbury affair, Bonnie Prince. I've been wishing for years somebody would do something with that whole story.

What a glam couple they must have been. Robert Carr, the beautiful boytoy of a king. But Frances Howard was on a whole other level. A Howard, first of all, but connected to Essexes (that ex-husband of hers was the son of the Essex who was Elizabeth's last great love), Walsinghams, Cecils, and everyone else who mattered. She was like the embodiment of the old Elizabethan ruling class. And then caught up in this whole weird story. Dragged into court, not for the traditional, normal Howard offenses of treason and royal adultery, but for poisoning some guy in the Tower? Sordid!

by Anonymousreply 79November 22, 2023 1:27 AM

You don't have to have semen stained anything dear. We have the letters James wrote to Villlers calling him his WIFE. Don't give me this disingenuous revisionist rot that " well that's the way heterosexual men wrote to each other back in the day." No they don't and no they didn't and all their contemporaries knew they were buggers. The end.

by Anonymousreply 80November 22, 2023 1:58 AM

[quote] It'll either be really good or really bad - and not in a campy fun way.

That trailer is pure camp.

by Anonymousreply 81November 22, 2023 2:04 AM

His wife? Wait a second . . .

by Anonymousreply 82November 22, 2023 3:52 AM

It is pure camp and that's why it looks like incredible fun. Everything teenagers online call camp today is just bad and tacky - a totally different thing - this looks entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 83November 22, 2023 3:31 PM

Dylan Brady will play Robert Carr in Mary & George

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84November 23, 2023 5:29 AM

Jesus talk about "cock sucking lips".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85November 23, 2023 5:30 AM

King James and his mignons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86November 23, 2023 5:33 AM

R69/ R85 Robert Carr, an attractive younger, Scottish noble who came to England with James in 1603, caught the king's attention.”

Have heard of 'Black Irish" but not 'Black Scot.

by Anonymousreply 87November 23, 2023 5:37 AM

Glad they didn't go with the wig and goatee . Contemporary look is best on Nicky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88November 25, 2023 4:16 AM

Is Nicholas Galitzine getting typecasted or what?

by Anonymousreply 89November 25, 2023 4:21 AM

Just casted.

by Anonymousreply 90November 25, 2023 4:23 AM

^ No doubt her next role will be as a WWF wrestler pussy hound in a bad wig.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91November 25, 2023 4:31 PM

LOL - I never made the connection between "mignon" and "minion" until this thread. They had both occupied completely separate places in my brain, so the derivation of the latter from the former never crossed my mind.

by Anonymousreply 92November 26, 2023 2:33 AM

[quote] LOL

LoL! :)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93November 26, 2023 3:17 AM

Tony Curran, Laurie Davidson, and Nicholas Galitzine on location at Knole House in Sevenoaks, UK while filming . Looks like it was a nude scene as they are wearing warming wrappers between takes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94December 4, 2023 2:53 AM

^ "location at Hole House

by Anonymousreply 95December 4, 2023 2:54 AM

Nikita pursing those cock sucking lips.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96December 6, 2023 3:31 PM

Nicki is back to his old tricks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97December 19, 2023 4:51 PM

The Boy With The Pearl Earring

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98December 19, 2023 4:54 PM

^ More like the boy with the pearl necklace

by Anonymousreply 99December 19, 2023 4:54 PM

George Vililer's tomb in Westminster Abbey about as gay as you can get.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100December 19, 2023 5:03 PM

When a curtsey just won't do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101December 22, 2023 12:41 AM

King James was obviously a DLer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 3, 2024 12:13 AM

Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 103January 3, 2024 12:16 AM

How do you separate the men from the boys at King James' court?

With a crowbar!

by Anonymousreply 104January 3, 2024 12:26 AM

King Jamie and his "gentleman of the bedchamber" prepare His Majesty for bed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105January 10, 2024 9:50 PM

His Maj and his mignons fully clothed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106January 10, 2024 10:25 PM

Are semen-stained hose from the Jacobean period really that popular a collector's item?

by Anonymousreply 107January 10, 2024 10:53 PM

When does Mary and George come out?

by Anonymousreply 108January 11, 2024 3:25 AM

Looks fun

by Anonymousreply 109January 11, 2024 3:34 AM

R108 Don't know about Mary but it appears George is getting ready to be outed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 11, 2024 3:37 AM

^ This lil Nancy Boy makes Timmy Chalamet look like Schwarznegger.

by Anonymousreply 111January 11, 2024 3:46 AM

Oh MARY!

by Anonymousreply 112January 11, 2024 3:48 AM

I can't believe Julianne is 63!

by Anonymousreply 113January 11, 2024 3:55 AM

The acclaimed Danish actress Trine Dyrholm will be playing James I's wife, Anne of Denmark, and she looks to be very present in the trailer (she's the curly haired blonde).

I hope to God this isn't yet another movie or miniseries where we have to watch the bearding wife agonizing and agonizing over her husband's fondness for cock. I am so tired of that story.

by Anonymousreply 114January 11, 2024 4:04 AM

Especially if said cock is not shown in its entirety on screen!

by Anonymousreply 115January 11, 2024 2:23 PM

I hope to God this isn't yet another movie or miniseries where we have to watch the discarded wife agonizing and agonizing over her husband's fondness for young pussy.. I am so tired of that story.

by Anonymousreply 116January 11, 2024 3:21 PM

I'm reading the biography of George Villiers, Duke of Buckingham it's based on, [italic]The King's Assassin,[/italic] right now. It's a very fun and bitchy book, and it's pretty well written, although it's mostly all just gossip, which probably makes it perfect for the basis of a miniseries. It's odd in that Mary certainly seems to be have instrumental in getting her son George Villiers to court, and she also seems to have become very close to King James, but the mini-series makes it look like she's always at George's side telling him what to do (like Ginger Rogers's mother), and that doesn't seem to have been the case.

Also, the actual George Villiers was not a tall strapping tall man like Nicholas Gatilzine, but small and gracefully athleticl, more like Tom Holland.

It is fascinating how besotted James I became with Villiers and his entire family. All he wanted to do was shower more and more favors and honors among them. George rose to become the only non-royal duke at the time (something that had been pretty much unheard of) because, it was thought, James wanted to marry his grandchildren to Villiers' children. And he gave separate titles away to Villiers' mother, brothers, etc. because he loved the family so much (since he did not come from much of one--his father, Lord Darnley, was murdered in his youth, and he was estranged from his mother, Mary Queen of Scots, from early childhood until her death--he counted them his new one). He was not jealous at all of Villiers's intelligent and kindly wife Katherine, probably because she was plain, and treated her as a daughter.

by Anonymousreply 117January 19, 2024 6:48 AM

The King's a bugger! Who knew.

by Anonymousreply 118January 28, 2024 3:47 PM

Campapalooza. Release date is March. Can't wait!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119January 31, 2024 10:28 PM

This looks quite good. I’ve so far been fairly non plussed by Galetzines acting. He’s atrocious in Cinderella. Reasonably good in Handsome Devil. RWRB was a bit of a miss for me, which was a shame as I did really enjoy the book! The rest of the cast are great actors so I’ll give it a go, it’s an interesting story!

by Anonymousreply 120January 31, 2024 10:50 PM

It's an interesting part of British history that should be told. Really how many Henry VIII and Elizabeth I do we have to rehash? This was the King James of the King James Bible for Christ sake!

by Anonymousreply 121February 1, 2024 1:35 AM

Official trailer.

Premieres April 5th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122February 1, 2024 4:17 PM

SRSLY?

by Anonymousreply 123February 1, 2024 4:46 PM

I have to back away. I have such a crush on Nicholas Galitzine it's bordering on an obsession. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 124February 1, 2024 5:51 PM

But, R100, totally fabulous!!!

by Anonymousreply 125February 1, 2024 5:58 PM

The King is so Cockstruck it's like he's a DataLounger.

by Anonymousreply 126February 1, 2024 6:08 PM

Gotta ruin the career of another Nancy Boy. It's my calling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127February 1, 2024 6:20 PM

^ Bitch stole my act

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128February 2, 2024 3:52 PM

R128 that picture is SO not sexy. Seriously. Jake pretending to be het is just laughable.

by Anonymousreply 129February 2, 2024 8:09 PM

The trailer looks good

by Anonymousreply 130February 3, 2024 12:06 AM

Nicky is so fucking hot as fucking fuck fuck hot.

by Anonymousreply 131February 3, 2024 12:25 AM

[quote] and he was estranged from his mother, Mary Queen of Scots, from early childhood until her death

Well, I WAS imprisoned, sweetie darling. In fact, did it ever occur to you to visit?

by Anonymousreply 132February 3, 2024 1:49 AM

Nicky's dance of the seven veils

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133February 3, 2024 3:14 AM

^ Apparently the real George Villiers was "discovered" by King James when he danced for him at the palace. Tres Bagoas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134February 3, 2024 3:19 AM

Jimmy could never resist the boy with the pearl earring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135February 3, 2024 3:22 AM

Someone talk me through the Nick Galitzine attraction. I can appreciate he’s not unattractive & great lips that are wasted on a straight boy but he doesn’t scream hot to me, he’s missing that sexy chemistry.. maybe this show will help change my mind while he shags his way through many men & women..

by Anonymousreply 136February 3, 2024 9:04 AM

He's a hell of a lot sexier than this thang..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137February 3, 2024 2:49 PM

Should be renamed The King James Virgin

by Anonymousreply 138February 3, 2024 2:59 PM

R136, watch the "lovemaking" scene in Paris in Red White & Royal Blue to get a better idea of Nick's sexiness.

by Anonymousreply 139February 3, 2024 3:24 PM

R136 I understand. I feel the same way about Jake Gyllenhaal. I can appreciate why he's considered good looking, but there's no "sexy" there. No chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 140February 3, 2024 5:07 PM

The guy who gave us The King James Bible was a twink chaser?!!!

by Anonymousreply 141February 3, 2024 6:16 PM

R136 Might be a you problem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142February 3, 2024 6:37 PM

He seems to play Princes very well. Be interesting to see him try something edgier. Show some range.

by Anonymousreply 143February 4, 2024 3:09 PM

^ he's played a musician, a footballer, a soldier, a student etc.

by Anonymousreply 144February 4, 2024 5:18 PM

^ all with their legs in the air

by Anonymousreply 145February 4, 2024 6:14 PM

^I'm okay with that!

by Anonymousreply 146February 4, 2024 7:47 PM

The guy who plays the King has a mean face. He looks very unpleasant, not sexy. Kind of gross actually.

by Anonymousreply 147February 5, 2024 12:29 PM

R147 Kinda like the actual King James I.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148February 5, 2024 3:18 PM

[quote] He is still acting hun and he is still straight. Nice girlfriend with whom he lives and keeps his relationship out of social media.

From YouTube regarding Nick's private life. (See comment quoted above in link below)

Josh and Alex seem under the influence in this segment. Josh is very cute and charming in this series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149February 7, 2024 8:46 PM

I’ve seen RWRB, the sex scene was ..boring. I mean, it was sweet & gentle & fitted the movie but gimme something like Fellow Travelers any day 🥵 Nick was like some doe eyed deer in that scene, it was severely lacking in lust. Nerves, sure but still lust.

I agree he’s way hotter than TimmyC. R140 - also feel similarly about JakeG.

I’m hoping he’ll be less doe eyed & show a smirkier, sexier, lust driven side in this.. he seems to having a lot of sex in it so we can but hope!

by Anonymousreply 150February 7, 2024 10:15 PM

Give us a kiss Jamie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151February 8, 2024 6:25 PM

R149 No you're a typical obsessed fat frau who thinks if she keeps proclaiming these obvious Nancy Boys are pussy hounds then in your fantasy he may deign to fuck you. Not gonna happen Tiny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152February 8, 2024 6:34 PM

R152 is another stupid context-challenged faggot.

by Anonymousreply 153February 9, 2024 12:50 AM

Now Nick would be someone to consider if they make another movie about Alexander and Hephaestion.

by Anonymousreply 154February 9, 2024 1:03 AM

R149 "I tell you I am a YOUNG THIN ATTRACTIVE HOMOSEXUAL MENS !!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155February 9, 2024 5:36 AM

With his Slav good looks and Russian ancestry Nicholas Galatzine would be perfect to play Rudolph Nureyev.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156February 9, 2024 5:41 AM

Little Nicky would have to wear a prosthetic to play Rudy in the nudie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157February 9, 2024 5:46 AM

Hope he's a grower he ain't a shower. Those polo pants he's got a camel toe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158February 9, 2024 6:09 AM

R155 is the reason I, and others, have for not being able to take some fags seriously.

Stupid/silly fags cannot be taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 159February 9, 2024 8:31 AM

How can we R149 when you're wearing this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160February 9, 2024 5:36 PM

Tonight we're gonna party like it's 1599!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161February 10, 2024 5:16 AM

Release dates announced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162February 10, 2024 5:24 AM

A month behind the Brits! What are we chopped liver?

by Anonymousreply 163February 10, 2024 5:30 AM

[quote] Well, I WAS imprisoned, sweetie darling. In fact, did it ever occur to you to visit?—Mary Queen of Scots

Mumsy, you were imprisoned in a different country for trying to overthrow that country's monarc., Had I visited you it would have meant war.

ALSO: I never forgot you had my father killed.

by Anonymousreply 164February 10, 2024 5:43 AM

Can you get STARZ a la carte streaming or do you have to buy the whole grizzly cable package?

by Anonymousreply 165February 11, 2024 3:16 PM

You dizzy queens worrying about Julianne's accent! This is a guilty pleasure limited series on STARZ for crying out loud. It's about men fucking men and gratuitous sex and violence. It's not a historical lesson for the ages.

by Anonymousreply 166February 11, 2024 3:36 PM

Queen James and his Gentlemen of the Straight To Bedchamber.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167February 15, 2024 4:12 AM

Nikita born to ride.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168February 19, 2024 2:35 AM

Nikita sitting on a prop cushion!

by Anonymousreply 169February 19, 2024 8:37 AM

I'll give it a go, but it's funny how even now in 2024 gay content is still used to shock(!) the audience.

You can tell they think the gay orgy is the height of 'scandal'.

by Anonymousreply 170February 19, 2024 8:44 AM

R169 Like his prop girlfriend?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171February 19, 2024 7:42 PM

^ dumb ass, that's a movie shoot scene.

by Anonymousreply 172February 19, 2024 7:47 PM

^ She appears to have a "type".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173February 19, 2024 7:48 PM

R172 fat ass, missed your 2nd dinner?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174February 19, 2024 7:51 PM

Well straight , gay or bi. I think he's dreamy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175February 21, 2024 2:19 AM

YBellissimo troubadour lovely.

by Anonymousreply 176February 21, 2024 2:35 AM

^ Bellissimo troubadour being buggered by Eldergay even lovelier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177February 21, 2024 2:40 AM

Stunner in lace and pearls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178February 21, 2024 2:45 AM

^ Pity about the codpiece.

by Anonymousreply 179February 21, 2024 2:45 AM

He's a bottom the codpiece is irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 180February 21, 2024 2:46 AM

Preening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181February 21, 2024 5:03 PM

Preen away, Nick. You're a doll and we love you.

by Anonymousreply 182February 21, 2024 6:01 PM

^ Humorless lumpen Frau crushing on a Nancy Boy actor she exceeds by 30 years and 300lbs.

by Anonymousreply 183February 22, 2024 5:09 PM

Straight or not our Nicky still wouldn't fuck R182

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184February 22, 2024 5:12 PM

Seduce away..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185February 25, 2024 1:41 PM

^ He seduced moi!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186February 27, 2024 2:05 PM

Describe Mary and George in one word..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187February 27, 2024 8:18 PM

Nicki in the bitch seat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188February 27, 2024 8:52 PM

Those lips can't be real.

by Anonymousreply 189February 28, 2024 1:59 AM

Jesus Christ, it feels like we’ve been talking about this fucking thing forever.

Is it ever going to air?

by Anonymousreply 190February 28, 2024 2:30 AM

It airs in the US in April

by Anonymousreply 191February 28, 2024 2:33 AM

^ APRIL 5

by Anonymousreply 192February 28, 2024 9:26 AM

London Première of Mary & George.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193February 29, 2024 3:05 AM

Julianne Moore and Nicholas Galitzine make a spectacular Mum & Son.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194February 29, 2024 3:14 AM

JULIANNE LOOKS FABULOUS!

by Anonymousreply 195February 29, 2024 3:24 AM

Bet they're shagging.

by Anonymousreply 196February 29, 2024 3:24 AM

Julie works a mean peg?

by Anonymousreply 197February 29, 2024 3:25 AM

Nicky looks happier fondling Tony's pearls

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198February 29, 2024 3:32 AM

^ Only deluded fangirls think this guy is a pussy hound😂

by Anonymousreply 199February 29, 2024 3:53 PM

Tonguey and gummy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200February 29, 2024 4:32 PM

Comments of cast at London premier of Mary & George

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201March 1, 2024 1:05 AM

What no Royals! Even though most of them are dying. Thought they could have least dug up Princess Anne didn't she date James I?

by Anonymousreply 202March 1, 2024 1:07 AM

WTF is Moore wearing!! Looks as if she took part of the set and nailed it on to her chest!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203March 1, 2024 1:14 AM

^Acts as a shield when the eggs start flying.

by Anonymousreply 204March 1, 2024 1:16 AM

Nicki certainly knows his audience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205March 1, 2024 1:25 AM

Methinks him fuckable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206March 1, 2024 2:30 AM

He wore a pearl necklace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207March 1, 2024 2:37 AM

Sit down. Get a load off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208March 1, 2024 2:06 PM

^^^Sit down on the king's cock and get two loads off.

by Anonymousreply 209March 1, 2024 4:48 PM

Early review

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210March 1, 2024 7:58 PM

It also got a great review in the Guardian. But it won't come to the US until mid-April.

by Anonymousreply 211March 1, 2024 8:03 PM

Another review

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212March 1, 2024 8:04 PM

One more review

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213March 1, 2024 8:07 PM

From The Guardian:

The brief of Mary & George is so good: Julianne Moore plays Mary Villiers, a famously scheming real-life Countess of Buckingham, who is jagging around merry olde England in the early 1600s, doing a low, blunt English accent and trying to hustle her second-born son, George (played cheekboningly well by Red, White & Royal Blue’s Nicholas Galitzine). Don’t you want to watch Julianne Moore use her gorgeous adult son as a sexy royal pawn? You do, and I do too, and we’re right to. The two leads are great – Galitzine’s George is moping and moaning and wet and soft, until a formative trip to France turns him into a sexy little harlot, and Moore is, well, Moore: scheming and manipulative and charming, always running her eyes from left to right as she tries to calculate the next shrewd social chess move, inscrutable. They are both bastards, basically, but doing it in such a fun knowing way that it’s dynamising to watch.

The effect is like looking at a many-layered renaissance painting – almost still but with lots of spinning wheels of intrigue – and are, mainly because Galitzine is so often in the middle of them, fantastic to look at. What a treat, m’lord! What a little dramatic treat!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214March 1, 2024 8:23 PM

DRAT! Why must I wait till April 5th to see the "little harlot"

by Anonymousreply 215March 1, 2024 8:24 PM

One more review

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216March 1, 2024 8:58 PM

It's all about the pussy... hat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217March 1, 2024 11:39 PM

A scene from Mary & George.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218March 1, 2024 11:46 PM

^^ He tried to hang himself, and you can see the rope marks about his neck.

by Anonymousreply 219March 1, 2024 11:48 PM

Does Your Grace fancy some chicken?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220March 2, 2024 1:29 AM

R218 Moore is channeling Lansbury in the Manchurian Candidate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221March 2, 2024 1:34 AM

Bello coppia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222March 2, 2024 1:44 AM

Good interview. They are out promoting M & G. Nicky's favorite line is "The king is so Cockstruck! Who'd have guessed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223March 2, 2024 3:28 AM

Isn't he a tad young to have those bags under his eyes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224March 2, 2024 3:08 PM

^ Boozer bags. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 225March 2, 2024 3:09 PM

Mother Mary Villers looking like a pious procuress in her elaborate tomb in Westminster Abbey. She out lived her son George by only four years. She was said to be not particularly upset when her dear boy and meal ticket was murdered in a pub at only 38 years of age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226March 2, 2024 7:20 PM

Judging from the clips, the issue with Galatzine is even though he is a competent actor and meets the pretty boy criteria to play the role. He lacks the seductiveness that someone would have to have in spades to beguile a King. In RW&RB Galatzine does noble and suffering well. Sexy not so much.

by Anonymousreply 227March 2, 2024 7:40 PM

[quote] In RW&RB Galatzine does noble and suffering well. Sexy not so much.

Except when his knees were bent with his hairy thighs close to his upper body.

by Anonymousreply 228March 2, 2024 7:43 PM

He's a "handsome devil."

by Anonymousreply 229March 2, 2024 8:40 PM

Pussy . It's not what's on our menu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230March 2, 2024 9:14 PM

George Villiers was 21 when he caught the eye of the King. Galitzine is now 29 yo. Here he is at 20 yo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231March 3, 2024 4:48 AM

^ Twinkalicious

by Anonymousreply 232March 3, 2024 5:57 AM

Better with age IMO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233March 3, 2024 11:35 AM

Galitzine was born to play Rudolph Nureyev.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234March 3, 2024 1:33 PM

Another short scene from the series released, involving the guy whom George will apparently replace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235March 3, 2024 8:34 PM

Mary interrupts the King with his soon to be replaced lover Earl of Somerset.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236March 3, 2024 10:08 PM

Cheeky George tweaks the King.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237March 3, 2024 10:10 PM

Trashtastic!

(and yeah James I was a big old homo who released the first English language bible. It was a simpler time.)

by Anonymousreply 238March 3, 2024 10:24 PM

R2336 Rober Carr ( Earl of Somerset) got his revenge on Villiers and outlived him by 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 239March 4, 2024 1:36 AM

This thread will have a record number of posts.

by Anonymousreply 240March 4, 2024 1:49 AM

If I were a man and I looked like you I'd ....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241March 4, 2024 2:47 PM

^ Luv how Moore just screeches at him.

by Anonymousreply 242March 4, 2024 3:19 PM

Another promo interview. Galitzine says that the character he plays George Villiers was prophetically mentioned Red White & Royal Blue. When ? Don't recall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243March 4, 2024 5:16 PM

R7, since Julianne Moore plays Mary Villiers, Countess of Buckingham, nee Beaumont of Leicestershire in the heart of England, no Scottish tongue or burr would be expected from her or the actor playing her son, the 1st Duke of Buckingham.

But certainly you're right that it is rare for any non-Scot to be convincing while playing a Scottish queen of any sexual identity.

by Anonymousreply 244March 4, 2024 6:12 PM

ugh, more inaccurate and anachronistic tripe

by Anonymousreply 245March 4, 2024 6:28 PM

^ You would know you were there git.

by Anonymousreply 246March 4, 2024 6:36 PM

R244 You pretentious "accuracy" queens do realize that accents as well as many of the pronunciations in the English language have changed in 400 bloody years?

by Anonymousreply 247March 4, 2024 6:41 PM

^ Thank God we don't talk like Shakespeare's England anymore.

by Anonymousreply 248March 4, 2024 9:00 PM

[quote]^ Thank God we don't talk like Shakespeare's England anymore.

I mean, Elizabethan drama as written by Jacqueline Susanne is a choice.

by Anonymousreply 249March 4, 2024 9:23 PM

Every generation has historical film characters speaking in their contemporary vernacular. The days when you could put arses in seats spouting iambic pentameter are long gone Nonno.

by Anonymousreply 250March 5, 2024 12:08 AM

Fun fact: Julianne Moore's mother was Scottish .

by Anonymousreply 251March 5, 2024 12:10 AM

The reference Galitzine is making to George Villiers being mentioned in Red Hot and Royal Blue is the BOOK not the film. Below:

Remember how I told you about the gay king, James I?” “The one with the dumb jock boyfriend?” “Yes, that one. Well, his most beloved favorite was a man named George Villiers. ‘The handsomest-bodied man in all of England,’ they called him. James was completely besotted. Everyone knew. This French poet, de Viau, wrote a poem about it.” He clears his throat and starts to recite: “‘One man fucks Monsieur le Grand, another fucks the Comte de Tonnerre, and it is well known that the King of England, fucks the Duke of Buckingham.’” Alex must be staring, because he adds, “Well, it rhymes in French. Anyway. Did you know the reason the King James translation of the Bible exists is because the Church of England was so displeased with James for flaunting his relationship with Villiers that he had the translation commissioned to appease them?” “You’re kidding.” “He stood in front of the Privy Council and said, ‘Christ had John, and I have George.’” “Jesus.” “Precisely.” Henry’s still looking up at the statue, but Alex can’t stop looking at him and the sly smile on his face, lost in his own thoughts. “And James’s son, Charles I, is the reason we have dear Samson. It’s the only Giambologna that ever left Florence. He was a gift to Charles from the King of Spain, and Charles gave it, this massive, absolutely priceless masterpiece of a sculpture, to Villiers. And a few centuries later, here he is. One of the most beautiful pieces we own, and we didn’t even steal it. We only needed Villiers and his trolloping ways with the queer monarchs. To me, if there were a registry of national gay landmarks in Britain, Samson would be on it.” ― Casey McQuiston, Red, White & Royal Blue

by Anonymousreply 252March 5, 2024 12:19 AM

^ This is the Samson sculpture by Gianbologna at the V & A that the book is referring to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253March 5, 2024 12:47 AM

Another promo vid. Silly hats are so very British.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254March 5, 2024 3:48 AM

Screenshot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255March 5, 2024 4:09 AM

Screenshot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256March 5, 2024 4:10 AM

Screenshot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257March 5, 2024 4:12 AM

With power comes bigger ruffles and longer locks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258March 5, 2024 4:13 AM

Compared to the real George Duke Of Buckingham who apparently was a total cock up. Figuratively and literally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259March 5, 2024 12:42 PM

Simon Ward was closer to the real deal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260March 5, 2024 12:46 PM

Orlando Bloom butched up the incompetent fop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261March 5, 2024 12:51 PM

George Villiers was a major fuck up. His only talent was horizontal. He was loathed by everyone. Parliament and People. When he was stabbed to death at the Grey Hound Pub in Portsmouth there was dancing in the streets. Even Mary was not surprised.

by Anonymousreply 262March 5, 2024 1:31 PM

^ FYI The inn where Villiers died still stands and was recently sold for 1.5 million pounds.he historic property in Portsmouth, Hampshire, was an inn in 1628 when 38 year old George Villiers, a good friend of King Charles I, visited and was knifed in the heart by Lieutenant John Felton.

The officer believed he was doing Britain a service by killing the Duke who, as Lord High Admiral of the Fleet, was hugely unpopular following some disastrous naval campaigns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263March 5, 2024 1:36 PM

Artistic license..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264March 5, 2024 1:37 PM

Who was the top?

by Anonymousreply 265March 5, 2024 1:38 PM

This bum boy was appointed Lord High Admiral of the Fleet! Tells you all you need to know about Kings . Cockstruck or pussy whipped.

by Anonymousreply 266March 5, 2024 2:07 PM

"knifed in the heart " Bitch got off easy. I got a red hot poker up the bum.

by Anonymousreply 267March 5, 2024 3:33 PM

An incompetent bugger with zero military experience is made Admiral of the Fleet. I don't see the issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268March 5, 2024 6:47 PM

I am the monarch of the sea

The ruler of the Queen’s Navee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269March 5, 2024 6:50 PM

Mignon for supper tonite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270March 6, 2024 12:01 AM

Good to be King.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271March 6, 2024 12:03 AM

Al fresco shag

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272March 6, 2024 12:04 AM

Pillow talk

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273March 6, 2024 12:05 AM

Lovely

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274March 6, 2024 12:06 AM

Can't wait to see this!

by Anonymousreply 275March 6, 2024 12:14 AM

Me thinks we have O Face

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276March 6, 2024 12:14 AM

The look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277March 6, 2024 12:18 AM

Strike a pose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278March 6, 2024 12:31 AM

On set clothed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279March 6, 2024 12:46 AM

I started watching it last night. So far it's silly and camp, but entertaining enough.

There are parts in there purely for shock value (eg when he's walking through the French value and there are loads of orgies all around him) and Julianne Moore's accent is a bit dodgy. I'll keep watching, though.

by Anonymousreply 280March 6, 2024 11:12 AM

Preferred the bottle blonde version.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281March 6, 2024 3:38 PM

My hard belongs to Daddy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282March 6, 2024 10:46 PM

Ya gotta work it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283March 6, 2024 10:52 PM

I will be your father figure put your tiny "hand" in mine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284March 6, 2024 10:55 PM

Bellissimo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285March 7, 2024 4:39 AM

He's your private dancer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286March 7, 2024 7:16 PM

I watched a bit more last night. It's kind of slow moving in parts, but then suddenly lots of things happen all at once.

For example, George resists every attempt to be sent to France by his mother, but as soon as he comes back he immediately wants to fuck the King and scheme with said mother. It's a bit jarring.

by Anonymousreply 287March 7, 2024 7:20 PM

Nicholas always looks so pouty and angsty. One note. Will he ever so something fun and spare us the anguish?

by Anonymousreply 288March 7, 2024 9:05 PM

[quote] Nicholas always looks so pouty and angsty. One note. Will he ever so something fun and spare us the anguish?

Bottoms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289March 7, 2024 11:14 PM

R288 Looks like fun to us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290March 8, 2024 3:41 AM

Is Nicholas what DL calls "white adjacent"?

by Anonymousreply 291March 8, 2024 3:47 AM

Real Fun!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292March 8, 2024 3:59 AM

Funpalooza!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293March 8, 2024 4:00 AM

Fun fun fun till daddy takes his T-Bird away!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294March 8, 2024 4:19 AM

^ Bitch stole my act

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295March 8, 2024 5:21 AM

New article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296March 8, 2024 9:02 PM

'It's all about the work" another promo interview. Dark circles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297March 8, 2024 11:49 PM

^ he's been doing back to back to back to back movies, no wonder he looks exhausted. Gotta get his name out there.

by Anonymousreply 298March 9, 2024 1:04 AM

I adore him, and fucking love the show.

by Anonymousreply 299March 9, 2024 1:33 AM

Mary and George in a synopsis trailer. Absolutely troppo bello.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300March 9, 2024 1:48 AM

He murders the king?

by Anonymousreply 301March 9, 2024 2:38 AM

R301 With his velvet anus.

by Anonymousreply 302March 9, 2024 2:49 AM

What a way to go R302

by Anonymousreply 303March 9, 2024 3:11 AM

"Listen to my heart as you listen to your own."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304March 9, 2024 3:30 AM

Blood Hell ! I was born in the wrong time!

by Anonymousreply 305March 9, 2024 3:40 AM

Ironical that King James boy toy has this monumental tomb in Westminster Abbey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306March 9, 2024 4:04 PM

yet King James body was "lost" for 300 years and he just has a lousy plaque on the floor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307March 9, 2024 4:06 PM

R306 is not R100.

by Anonymousreply 308March 9, 2024 4:08 PM

Wow! Who paid for Villier's tomb. The new king James son Charles I? He was also besotted with Gerorgie.

by Anonymousreply 309March 9, 2024 4:11 PM

Buckingham Palace was a gift to George Villiers?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310March 9, 2024 4:58 PM

^ Makes sense since a bunch of incompetent scrounger whores live there.

by Anonymousreply 311March 9, 2024 5:00 PM

Tony Curran is so much hotter than Nicholas to me.

by Anonymousreply 312March 9, 2024 5:01 PM

Villiers's tomb is more opulent and elaborate than Kings Henry VIII ,James I and Charles I. Three kings who had no tombs. Not even markers for hundreds of years. Bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 313March 9, 2024 6:56 PM

I really want to rail Nicholas Galitzine. Obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 314March 9, 2024 6:58 PM

['It's all about the work" another promo interview. Dark circles.]

Dark circles under his eyes is his natural state.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315March 9, 2024 7:34 PM

He's a whore dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316March 9, 2024 11:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317March 9, 2024 11:01 PM

Because we all want something beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318March 10, 2024 10:07 PM

Well Galitzine certainly fits the bill

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319March 11, 2024 4:08 AM

Just finished Mary and George. It is a wonderful engrossing titillating piece. Found the performances to be strong. Tony Curran especially. The one quibble I have is Nicholas Galatzine. He is stunning to look at in his period finery I could readily accept why women an men would be seduced by him. Galitzine fills the bill.However to rise to be the most powerful man in England requires a bit more. What George Villers character requires is a beautiful mask disguising boundless ambition and guile. Galitzine doesn't do guile. What this role needed was a male Natalie Dormer. Galatzine just doesn't have that range(yet). At the end his George appears just as passive and malleable as he did at the beginning. I never believed him as the most powerful feared man in the realm. A pretty boy he remains.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320March 15, 2024 1:31 AM

The character of George was written very sympathetically despite the sleazy murderous things he does. Galitzine played the character as written. He did a fine job.

by Anonymousreply 321March 16, 2024 3:26 AM

When does it premiere?!?

by Anonymousreply 322March 16, 2024 6:23 AM

R332 April 5th on Starz in the states. Already run in UK.

by Anonymousreply 323March 16, 2024 2:28 PM

Natalie Dormer's Anne Boleyn was the gold standard for cunning calculated seduction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324March 16, 2024 6:21 PM

They call it "feminine wiles" not "boyish wiles" for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 325March 16, 2024 7:22 PM

Finished it today. God damn, but this was excellent. Writing, direction, cinematography, costumes, acting... all marvellous. But it's the editing that was probably my favourite part – so snappy and taut, with not a second wasted. My only complaint is the morose ending, which is depressing as hell. This might just be my favourite gay TV show ever.

And can we talk about Samuel Blenkin? What a talented little twink, and he looked exactly like the young Charles I. as well. Looking forward to seeing him in the Alien series now.

Somewhat related, but does anyone know what that peal earring on a guy signifies, if anything? Is it just the latest fashion? Lawther is wearing it in this pic and he wasn't plugging this show like Galitzine because he wasn't in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326March 16, 2024 7:34 PM

Galatzine said that George's pearl earing started out small and got bigger as his power grew. He and other members of the cast were wearing earrings at the premier in London. Nicholas has wore an earring since he was 14 yo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327March 16, 2024 7:51 PM

Galitzine was awful - he played George as too simple and honest - but everything else was great.

by Anonymousreply 328March 16, 2024 7:56 PM

[quote] but does anyone know what that peal earring on a guy signifies, if anything? Is it just the latest fashion?

I think it was the fashion of a year or two ago. Damiano David of Måneskin was wearing a pearl earring and a pearl necklace for a while, Ben Whishaw and Harry Styles worn one on occasion.

by Anonymousreply 329March 16, 2024 7:57 PM

Thanks for the replies. I totally forgot about Damiano wearing it but you're right, this has obviously been a thing for a while.

by Anonymousreply 330March 16, 2024 7:59 PM

R328 They wanted to make the character of George a sympathetic murderer. Galitzine played him as written. The real Villiers was a nasty piece of work and universally loathed . You can't build a series around a scumbag. Even Mary wasn't upset when they shanked her boy.

by Anonymousreply 331March 16, 2024 8:21 PM

R331 So? It would be better, more convincing and more entertaining if they played him as a schemer. Bad casting imo.

by Anonymousreply 332March 16, 2024 8:31 PM

TBH, I think that Galitzine just didn't have the range or ability to do it. Not convinced that it was written that way.

by Anonymousreply 333March 16, 2024 8:32 PM

I found Nicky to be quite the homme fatale

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334March 16, 2024 8:35 PM

Agree Galitzine was out of his league but I found Julianne Moore to be surprisingly stiff and mannered. Tony Curran stole the show IMO.

by Anonymousreply 335March 16, 2024 8:38 PM

First time topping for our Nikita.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336March 16, 2024 8:40 PM

"you can't build a series around a scumbag"

Really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337March 16, 2024 8:43 PM

Nicholas appears to be quite bitchy to Tony in that interview. Especial after Curran asks him "Are you Greek?"

by Anonymousreply 338March 17, 2024 12:45 AM

He did seduction quite well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339March 17, 2024 4:26 AM

Nick takes a stab at "guile"...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340March 17, 2024 1:36 PM

Amateur

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341March 17, 2024 1:40 PM

He appears to be looking for the bus.

by Anonymousreply 342March 17, 2024 2:41 PM

R336 Galitzine with Sam Belkin/Charles I. Apparently George only taught him to dance no head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343March 17, 2024 2:57 PM

Can't wait to see this.

by Anonymousreply 344March 17, 2024 3:12 PM

This is all the skin Galitzine shows in Mary & George. Unusual for a Brit actor especially playing the part of a concubine. Disappointing especially the tummy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345March 18, 2024 1:24 AM

Eh, a guy in the 1600s wouldn't have gym body

by Anonymousreply 346March 18, 2024 2:16 AM

Fascinating min documentary on the historical basis of Mary & George with cast.

Fun fact: King James tongue was too big for his mouth (but not other orifices)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347March 18, 2024 3:22 PM

Alexa Chung?

by Anonymousreply 348March 18, 2024 4:03 PM

I finished watching it. I enjoyed it, but it felt like it was at least one or two episodes too long. It dragged a bit towards the end.

by Anonymousreply 349March 18, 2024 4:15 PM

I started out thinking he was hot. And he IS hot. So I had a HUGE crush. But his personality and the characters he plays...with a few exceptions...are boring as shit. And his nostrils flare ALLLL the time. So I think I'm getting over him. But I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 350March 18, 2024 4:18 PM

^ You're wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351March 18, 2024 5:48 PM

^ Galitzine said his pearl got bigger as his character George got more powerful,

by Anonymousreply 352March 18, 2024 9:57 PM

His pearl got bigger the more I rubbed it.

by Anonymousreply 353March 18, 2024 11:49 PM

George taking power.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354March 19, 2024 5:00 PM

^ oh dear not a decent ass between the 2 of them.

by Anonymousreply 355March 19, 2024 5:07 PM

R354 that was hotter than Brokeback Mountain!

by Anonymousreply 356March 19, 2024 8:25 PM

Short doc on what George Villers really looked like in CGI..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357March 21, 2024 1:10 AM

In mourning for the King.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358March 21, 2024 3:22 AM

Mary & George talk costumes. How to tailor a Jacobean outfit for a modern Gallitzine non pear shaped body. Big hair. What those pearls really mean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359March 21, 2024 4:12 PM

I didn't get the point of the Irish whore.

by Anonymousreply 360March 21, 2024 4:54 PM

In the 16th century "pear shaped" was the ideal silhouette for men. V-shape was for field peasants and laborers.

by Anonymousreply 361March 22, 2024 12:00 AM

Well he certainly has a 16th century bum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362March 22, 2024 3:42 AM

^ Bummer indeed.

by Anonymousreply 363March 22, 2024 3:42 AM

King James was a crack hoe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364March 22, 2024 4:39 AM

He possesses a womanly bottom.

by Anonymousreply 365March 22, 2024 4:41 AM

Fag

by Anonymousreply 366March 22, 2024 5:23 AM

On Riding the King

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367March 22, 2024 4:14 PM

Wished there was more of Laurie Davidson in the mini-series.

by Anonymousreply 368March 22, 2024 4:23 PM

Nicholas has an excellent theatrical voice.

by Anonymousreply 369March 22, 2024 4:40 PM

I hope that ass clip was from a bad angle.

by Anonymousreply 370March 22, 2024 5:00 PM

^ Good cuz he has an arse made for radio.

by Anonymousreply 371March 22, 2024 8:26 PM

R371, given the chance I would try to make the best of it.

by Anonymousreply 372March 22, 2024 9:06 PM

[quote]This is all the skin Galitzine shows in Mary & George.

Clearly not, given the later posts. Has the series already fully aired in the UK? Just wondering where all the screencaps & clips are coming from, and I know it was supposed to air on Sky.

Apologies if this was already discussed upthread, but surely I'm not the only one here wondering how or why Nicholas ended up in *three* separate explicitly queer films, two of which were specifically British royals. (OTOH his next project is a romcom with AnnE Hathaway. Ew.) Even if he's still claiming he's "straight," I assume it's stating the obvious that the theatrical version of DL's legendary "dialing the phone with a pencil" thread nowadays is teen & twentysomething actors – ones either believed to be straight or with no known sex life details – accepting queer roles, and then subsequently come out as queer. Kit Connor's probably one of the more recent, but this was also what happened with Colton Haynes, Conner Jessup, Jonathan Bennett, etc. Even Sean Hayes refused to disclose anything about his sexuality until marriage equality was finally the law of the land: he came out while also revealing he'd just gotten married.

So: who's Nicholas's bf?

by Anonymousreply 373March 22, 2024 9:27 PM

[quote]This is all the skin Galitzine shows in Mary & George.

Meaning he shows ass, he doesn't go full frontal.

He's dating some woman named Carmen.

by Anonymousreply 374March 22, 2024 9:29 PM

Colto.

by Anonymousreply 375March 22, 2024 9:51 PM

^ Only "girlfriend" who could match his wardrobe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376March 22, 2024 11:17 PM

R373 So who's Nicholas rumored BF?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377March 22, 2024 11:23 PM

He looks great at R377. Love his lips.

by Anonymousreply 378March 22, 2024 11:34 PM

R377, would love to see those two pleasure each other with their dick-sucking lips!

by Anonymousreply 379March 22, 2024 11:40 PM

^ If they ever had a kid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380March 22, 2024 11:50 PM

[quote]Has the series already fully aired in the UK?

R373 Yes. Sky released all the episodes on March 5, so I'm sure it'll be in all the usual places.

by Anonymousreply 381March 23, 2024 12:11 AM

Nikita says his favorite dish is roast lamb "Greek style" Tony Curran "So you're Greek then?"

Wink wink nudge nudge say no more

by Anonymousreply 382March 23, 2024 12:19 AM

His favorite dish is Greek passive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383March 23, 2024 12:21 AM

The Greek BF reminds me of Hart Bochner .Matching necklaces are cute.

by Anonymousreply 384March 23, 2024 12:24 AM

He's proudly half-Greek.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385March 23, 2024 12:24 AM

[quote] His favorite dish is Greek passive.

He has quite a weird-looking butt for a Greek passive.

by Anonymousreply 386March 23, 2024 12:26 AM

So he's uncut? Perhaps why no frontal?

by Anonymousreply 387March 23, 2024 12:27 AM

Half Greek? From the waist down.

by Anonymousreply 388March 23, 2024 12:40 AM

[quote] Half Greek? From the waist down.

What do you mean by that?

by Anonymousreply 389March 23, 2024 12:43 AM

He's moved to LA. He's done two high profile gay roles.He's not been papped with a girlfriend. Foresee a "they could not keep their hands off each other canoodling papped in perfect focus he's meeting her folks IT'S LOVE! Beardapalooza in 5..4..3..2...

by Anonymousreply 390March 23, 2024 12:51 AM

Nick has been paped with his girlfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391March 23, 2024 12:56 AM

Thought he was Russian aristocracy 😁

by Anonymousreply 392March 23, 2024 1:10 AM

R377 That is not his boyfriend! It's his Greek cousin Patroclus.

by Anonymousreply 393March 23, 2024 1:14 AM

Think he's West Hollywood aristocracy.

by Anonymousreply 394March 23, 2024 3:06 AM

Nicki I have some numbers PM me.

by Anonymousreply 395March 23, 2024 3:37 AM

Niki brought a bitch to the LA premier of Mary & George

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396March 23, 2024 5:24 AM

His Pussy Posse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397March 23, 2024 5:29 AM

^ the worst bearding I've ever seen😂

by Anonymousreply 398March 23, 2024 5:51 AM

I like the earrings on the young men.

by Anonymousreply 399March 23, 2024 11:19 PM

Tony and Nick Q & A at LA Premiere of Mary and George last nite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400March 24, 2024 8:06 AM

Where is Mary?

by Anonymousreply 401March 24, 2024 8:06 AM

Plenty of Marys there dear.

by Anonymousreply 402March 24, 2024 8:07 AM

Galatzine talks about his "attraction" to queer roles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403March 24, 2024 4:26 PM

^ so many of my gay friends"😂

by Anonymousreply 404March 24, 2024 4:27 PM

Red White & Royal Blue was "cheesy"😮

by Anonymousreply 405March 24, 2024 5:28 PM

[quote]Red White & Royal Blue was "cheesy"

It truly was, but I was able to bear it due to Taylor Zakhar Perez.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406March 24, 2024 7:20 PM

Mary & George is head cheesy.

by Anonymousreply 407March 24, 2024 7:30 PM

16th century manscaping ...ouch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408March 24, 2024 10:30 PM

Is that Nicholas at r408?

by Anonymousreply 409March 24, 2024 10:34 PM

Yes. King James' bed wenches are terrorizing George.

by Anonymousreply 410March 24, 2024 10:38 PM

Nicholas seems to have a plethora of moles

by Anonymousreply 411March 25, 2024 3:29 AM

Galitzine's real "king" is Austin Kevitch. Here he is with his "cranky little mate"💕

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412March 25, 2024 5:06 PM

The "moonlight boys on their infamous purple couch"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413March 25, 2024 5:07 PM

The moonlight boys examining balls

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414March 25, 2024 5:12 PM

Apparently Galitzine wasn't acting he was behaving.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415March 25, 2024 5:30 PM

Handsome couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416March 25, 2024 5:32 PM

R415 and folks wonder why young actors don't come out?

by Anonymousreply 417March 25, 2024 5:57 PM

Don't see any sexual chemistry in any of these photos, am I missing something?

by Anonymousreply 418March 25, 2024 9:50 PM

Of course. He wants Timothee Chalamet's career not Matt Bomer's

by Anonymousreply 419March 25, 2024 11:53 PM

Nicholas looks quite young in some of those photos. How long have thy been together?

by Anonymousreply 420March 25, 2024 11:55 PM

R418 Austin Kevitch looks happy but Galitzine looks pissed off. Like he dosent want to papped with Austin or maybe they just had a row. Austin said Nick was the cranky one.

by Anonymousreply 421March 26, 2024 12:27 AM

the only snap of them lookin like a couple is the one with the necklaces in every shot its like they are posing as if they don"t even know each other or like each other maybe trying too hard they knew their social media would be looked over the only gay it are the comments but people always say shit

by Anonymousreply 422March 26, 2024 12:54 AM

R418 They don't look like a couple. They look like two guys trying to convince you they are not really a couple.

by Anonymousreply 423March 26, 2024 1:15 AM

R422 English please.

by Anonymousreply 424March 26, 2024 2:27 AM

Aust and Nick met in 2018 so 6 years. How when and where no one has quite explained buy the odds are Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 425March 26, 2024 6:42 AM

The met up on Brokeback Mountain

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426March 26, 2024 6:44 AM

I can't quit them!

by Anonymousreply 427March 26, 2024 11:51 AM

Austin is hot.

by Anonymousreply 428March 26, 2024 12:56 PM

It's all about the resonance, fluidity and agency. Whatever that means.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429March 27, 2024 1:57 AM

I thought it was about cosplay buggery.

by Anonymousreply 430March 27, 2024 2:00 AM

Resonance, fluidity and agency aka COCK MAD.

by Anonymousreply 431March 27, 2024 2:10 AM

So based on the film clip chosen and Nicks ambiguous responses Mary & George is about what? Really fascinating to see the difference in the way gay themed films are pitched to Americans even in 2024. Hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432March 27, 2024 3:32 PM

Good review from The Wrap

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433March 27, 2024 3:46 PM

In anticipation of the April 5th premier in America all the trailers on social media have edited out the COCKmad line to just Mad. Apparently the country that consumes the largest amount of gay pornography in the world can't handle that line.😂

by Anonymousreply 434March 27, 2024 3:47 PM

"Well it's the story of this bloke who has fluidity and gets to ride horses in heels and it has amazing resonance in the community and I really wanted to be a footballer not a sissy actor and Anne Hathaway is so sexy and who the hell is Austin Kevitch?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435March 27, 2024 5:51 PM

He is paid to promote his films not his personal life.

by Anonymousreply 436March 27, 2024 6:11 PM

He may not win an Oscar but he's got Miss Disingenuity in the bag.

by Anonymousreply 437March 27, 2024 6:34 PM

I'm getting the impression that this guy is seriously conflicted.

by Anonymousreply 438March 28, 2024 10:28 AM

You mean you Americans haven't seen this yet? It's not great, but not bad either. I'm half through and there isn't enough meat on the main plot and it doesn't develop interest in secondary plots and characters. Good performances by some!

by Anonymousreply 439March 28, 2024 10:39 AM

Tony Curran is wonderful in it, and as always Laurie Davidson doesn't disappoint. Did not love Julianne Moore's sub-plot, but it was enjoyable. Nothing amazing and nowhere near as raunchy and ribald as the reviews made it out to be.

by Anonymousreply 440March 28, 2024 1:37 PM

R438 He's not conflicted . He's trying to have a career.

by Anonymousreply 441March 28, 2024 2:16 PM

Anyone can see Nick is all about the pussy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442March 28, 2024 2:28 PM

Tony Curran acted rings around them all and he's got a better arse than Nicky.

by Anonymousreply 443March 28, 2024 2:44 PM

Excellent min doc on Jacobean snake pit sexuality. Unlike Galitzine they aren't afraid to call a Molly a Molly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444March 28, 2024 4:54 PM

How can I get a job as an "intimacy coordinator"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445March 28, 2024 4:59 PM

Interesting that King James made sodomy punishable by death even on accusation. Do as I say not as I do. If he were alive today he'd be heading the GOP ticket .

by Anonymousreply 446March 28, 2024 5:05 PM

Don't think Galatzine needed a diagram.

by Anonymousreply 447March 28, 2024 5:06 PM

I'd settle for "sexual historian" then I wouldn't have to touch Tony Curran's junk.

by Anonymousreply 448March 28, 2024 5:16 PM

Eghad ! Juliane Moore's character Mary is a "fricatrix"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449March 28, 2024 5:28 PM

Galitzine just signs for commoners but hugs the Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450March 30, 2024 4:05 AM

In Mary & George his character is supposed to be a cunning irresistible seducer. Most of the time he acts as if he's looking for the bus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451March 31, 2024 7:43 PM

The real George must have had a magic bussy

by Anonymousreply 452March 31, 2024 8:13 PM

The short bus, R451?

by Anonymousreply 453March 31, 2024 9:01 PM

Yes the short bus. The plot becomes implausible. It's either miscasting, or misdirection, or both.

by Anonymousreply 454March 31, 2024 9:28 PM

^ He's looking for his "moonlight boy" and their "infamous" purple couch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455April 1, 2024 6:27 PM

Why has Julianne Moore not done any promotion in the states? Just Galatzine and Curran at LA premiere.

by Anonymousreply 456April 1, 2024 6:36 PM

She is likely still in Spain filming the next Pedro Almodovarr film.

by Anonymousreply 457April 1, 2024 7:15 PM

^Much better .You get a raise

by Anonymousreply 458April 1, 2024 9:02 PM

Vanity Fair review

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459April 2, 2024 6:08 PM

He's straight people.

by Anonymousreply 460April 3, 2024 5:12 PM

Straight to bed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461April 3, 2024 5:13 PM

A comma in the right place can make all the difference, R460.

by Anonymousreply 462April 3, 2024 6:14 PM

Mary and George premiers on STARZ tomorrow APRL 5. Can't wait.!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463April 5, 2024 1:52 AM

Another opening another show for George aka Mary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464April 5, 2024 1:54 AM

Yet more confirmation that he's not gay, and probably not bi/pan/whatever, either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465April 5, 2024 8:47 PM

^ Really? Cause he looks gay as hell in that pic

by Anonymousreply 466April 5, 2024 9:03 PM

Nic is as straight as Lombard St. and I'm just the gal to prove it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467April 5, 2024 9:17 PM

Definitely not pan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468April 5, 2024 9:23 PM

Definitely not Bi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469April 5, 2024 9:24 PM

Definitely not whatever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470April 5, 2024 9:26 PM

STOP IT! Nic is just fluid when resonating with in the community.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471April 5, 2024 9:29 PM

Meet his "community"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472April 5, 2024 9:30 PM

R467-R472 – I assume the same poster – is obsessing more than a tad much. Newsflash: attractive dudes – regardless of orientation – usually hang out with other attractive dudes. If Nicholas starts posting pics of him with the same guy over & over, and in romantic settings, THEN you can go prattling on about his supposed orientation, but playing a queer prince in two movies doesn't a cocksucker make.

by Anonymousreply 473April 5, 2024 9:38 PM

R473 Newsflash!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474April 5, 2024 9:45 PM

R473 Stanflash!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475April 5, 2024 9:46 PM

R473 Frauflash!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476April 5, 2024 9:48 PM

R473 Stupid & Blind flash!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477April 5, 2024 9:54 PM

Nothing to see here. That's why these these photos were removed from Galitzine's Insta. No doubt his new "girlfriend" insisted😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478April 5, 2024 9:58 PM

Awww Austin isn't the only bloke Nicky ❤️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479April 5, 2024 10:01 PM

Yes, R474, secret gay lovers commonly wear oversized basketball attire, toss the football around, and routinely sit feet apart from each other during photos. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 480April 5, 2024 10:04 PM

You're 400 posts behind. Give it up Cheryl😂

by Anonymousreply 481April 5, 2024 10:11 PM

If the New York Times says he's not a Nancy Boy. Who are we non moonlight boys non notorious purple couch sitting non oversized clothes wearing non football tossing non cranky mate homosexuals to disagree?

by Anonymousreply 482April 5, 2024 10:20 PM

R480 Sure stan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483April 5, 2024 10:22 PM

I'm neither here or there on Nick's sexuality...he's just English.

by Anonymousreply 484April 5, 2024 10:26 PM

Homosexuals and Englishmen. Difference without distinction.

by Anonymousreply 485April 5, 2024 10:30 PM

R482 Who said anything about "secret"?

by Anonymousreply 486April 5, 2024 10:32 PM

Nicky must wear oversized asbestos boxers because Austin is flaming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487April 5, 2024 10:42 PM

Nic is not gay people! You can tell by this photo he is on the Spectrum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488April 5, 2024 11:27 PM

R487 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥😂

by Anonymousreply 489April 5, 2024 11:29 PM

Someone posted on another thread how their Insta followers could never get them to say how they met. Austin Kevitch is a Jewish web dating APP developer from Philadelphia Nicholas Galatzine spent most of his life in boarding schools in London. Suddenly they started posting on each others Insta. Austin's only response was they met "at the Library" Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 490April 6, 2024 1:05 AM

^ The Grindr Section of the Library.

by Anonymousreply 491April 6, 2024 1:07 AM

" No one wants to admit they met on a dating App"... Austin Kevitch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492April 6, 2024 1:34 AM

Is anyone watching?

by Anonymousreply 493April 6, 2024 2:08 AM

Good review

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494April 6, 2024 3:16 AM

Bewitching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495April 6, 2024 3:18 PM

Just binged for the 2nd time (saw it in Uk last month}. My initial take hasn't changed:

Just finished Mary and George. It is a wonderful engrossing titillating piece. Found the performances to be strong. Tony Curran especially. The one quibble I have is Nicholas Galatzine. He is stunning to look at in his period finery I could readily accept why women and men would be seduced by him. Galitzine fills the bill.However to rise to be the most powerful man in England requires a bit more. What George Villers character requires is a beautiful mask disguising boundless ambition and guile. Galitzine doesn't do guile. What this role needed was a male Natalie Dormer. Galatzine just doesn't have that range(yet). At the end his George appears just as passive and malleable as he did at the beginning. I never believed him as the most powerful feared man in the realm. A pretty boy he remains.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496April 6, 2024 3:31 PM

First episode was ok but I would rather have seen a second season of Becoming Elizabeth on STARZ rather than this.

by Anonymousreply 497April 6, 2024 3:41 PM

How did you binge all the episodes? In the states they just started.?

by Anonymousreply 498April 6, 2024 3:47 PM

It came out March 5th on Sky Atlantic in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 499April 6, 2024 4:02 PM

In the UK all 7 episodes in USA STARZ just released first episode yesterday so wont be bingeable till end of May . Think I wait till then to sign up.

by Anonymousreply 500April 6, 2024 4:03 PM

Luved it! Nic was amazing as Mary and Austin nailed George ...literally

by Anonymousreply 501April 6, 2024 4:53 PM

Maybe they should have called it Mary & MARY

Enjoyed the first episode, btw

by Anonymousreply 502April 6, 2024 6:41 PM

[quote]Austin Kevitch is a Jewish web dating APP developer from Philadelphia Nicholas Galatzine spent most of his life in boarding schools in London.

So, to clarify: despite Nicholas being nearly 30 years old, you think him spending time in boarding schools at least 12 years ago has ANY bearing on him knowing an app developer? Do you assume all of the literal thousands of developers – male & female, queer & straight – who've helped build Tinder, Match, OKCupid, Bumble, and yes, Grindr & Scruff are cocksuckers?

Bitch, please. Austin's from Philly, and Nicholas has filmed a bunch of shit in the US & Canada. I know DLers stan absurd pairings of hot dudes, but if mega-gay Sebastian Croft can play the STRAIGHT lead in a streaming movie, why TF can't Nicholas do the same with gay leads in streamers?

by Anonymousreply 503April 7, 2024 3:14 AM

^ hear hear well said.

by Anonymousreply 504April 7, 2024 5:35 AM

R503 Well that settles that. Now we're off to bed. Nighty nite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505April 7, 2024 6:24 AM

they are totally fucking. Get real.

by Anonymousreply 506April 7, 2024 6:34 AM

R504 NO DOUBT! Nicholas sexuality is a done deal. Despite his lips he is not a COCKSUKER. He just plays one on TV. Nicholas is a METHOD ACTOR. He is STRAIGHT like all hawt dudes become once they start getting roles. This is photo of Nicholas and his GIRLfriend it is all the confirmation we need. Pretty obvious to anyone who is a NORMAL plus sized femcel stan that he's in LOVE. So suck it up HOMO BITCH!.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507April 7, 2024 6:52 AM

He'll never get anywhere in this town with a girlfriend named Austin. Trust me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508April 7, 2024 7:02 AM

I watched the first episode and I thought the hottest guy was the French tutor - that gay was adorable and so seductive.

by Anonymousreply 509April 7, 2024 11:19 AM

R509, I liked him, too

by Anonymousreply 510April 7, 2024 3:19 PM

R503 Just to clarify : No one is saying is Galitzine is gay merely because he's played multiple gay roles. No one thought Heath Ledger or Johnny Depp was gay. Only frau stans think actors are actually the roles they play.They are saying Galitzine is gay because he's had a boyfriend(not female) for the past 6 Years . People are laughing because suddenly all snaps of him with said boyfriend have vanished from his Insta along with Kevitch"s comments like "so proud of my little Prince".People who have followed Galitzine & Kevitch could see they were a couple from outer space and over the years openly commented on their relationship. In the age of social media you can not hop back in the closet without looking like fool. Which you clearly are R503.

by Anonymousreply 511April 7, 2024 7:38 PM

Nicholas is obviously Bi probably leaning more towards straight.

by Anonymousreply 512April 7, 2024 8:18 PM

Nicholas Galitzine is obviously asexual and based on his lips neurodivergent. He's on the spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 513April 7, 2024 8:22 PM

Nicholas Galitzine is not gay but his boyfriend is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514April 7, 2024 11:50 PM

^ Oy Vey!😂

by Anonymousreply 515April 8, 2024 12:25 AM

Nicholas Galitzine is not gay but his cock sucking lips and womanly arse are.

by Anonymousreply 516April 8, 2024 2:24 AM

Nicholas Galatzine is not gay but his eyeliner pencil is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517April 8, 2024 5:38 AM

Nicholas Galitzine is NOT a fag, and I'm the dame who can prove it!!

by Anonymousreply 518April 8, 2024 5:41 AM

Freddie Mercury would fuck him, but would hate how he massacred his song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519April 8, 2024 5:43 AM

Nicholas Galatzine & Austin Kevitch are not lovers but their necklaces are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520April 8, 2024 5:45 AM

R519 Jeez Nicky makes Freddie look as butch as Elvis.

by Anonymousreply 521April 8, 2024 5:49 AM

R519 Oy .. think he found "somebody to ❤️"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522April 8, 2024 5:57 AM

Call the fire dept she's ablaze!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523April 8, 2024 2:00 PM

Freddie Mercury is a bit too butch for Nickie who prefers...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524April 8, 2024 2:30 PM

^ Art imitates life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525April 9, 2024 5:28 PM

Galitzqueen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526April 9, 2024 8:52 PM

Settle down people! It's just Nic's test for his next project:

GEORGE and JUDY GARLAND

by Anonymousreply 527April 9, 2024 8:55 PM

Nic with his beloved Pit Bull Butchie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528April 9, 2024 8:59 PM

Bitch stole my act.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529April 9, 2024 9:11 PM

Oy Gay!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530April 10, 2024 1:31 AM

Nic's boyfriend is one fine lookin Jew!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531April 10, 2024 1:57 PM

Nicky's audition tape for the part of George.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532April 10, 2024 2:47 PM

She can be butch when she has too..kinda sorta

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533April 10, 2024 3:00 PM

To hell with Nicholas! This Austin guy is gorgeous! I want him.

by Anonymousreply 534April 10, 2024 10:17 PM

Nicky is troppo bello!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535April 10, 2024 11:46 PM

Galatzine's androgny is balanced by Kevitch's masculinity. Bottom and Top. Classic combo. Stunning couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536April 10, 2024 11:52 PM

Bloody hell! Who ya calling bottom bitch?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537April 11, 2024 12:09 AM

HEY HATERS..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538April 11, 2024 11:38 PM

Should use the finger to push up that deflated, flabby ass.

by Anonymousreply 539April 11, 2024 11:43 PM

Judging from your rather sparse defense of Nick's heterosexual cred by the usual DL fraus and plus size femcels. Does this mean you've conceded Nicholas to our team? Surrendered her without so much as a moo ? Not even one Claymate to defend your womanizing pussy hound? You lil gals don't deserve her. But Nichole still hearts you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540April 12, 2024 5:14 AM

His stans are all at LPSG

by Anonymousreply 541April 12, 2024 7:34 AM

Looks like Kevitch has a taste for goy boys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542April 12, 2024 7:39 AM

another deleted Nicstin twinsies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543April 12, 2024 5:00 PM

At LPSG his female stan base refer to him as Babygirl and Kum Kitty.

by Anonymousreply 544April 12, 2024 5:05 PM

Doesn't bode well for his career as an a-list straight leading man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545April 12, 2024 5:11 PM

Nicky needs to let his glass closet RIP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546April 12, 2024 5:49 PM

He's just not believable as a straight man.

by Anonymousreply 547April 12, 2024 6:00 PM

Saggy arse ,zero muscle tone,dark circles under eye bags,gummy smile,tiny nips .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548April 12, 2024 6:15 PM

^ Ya forgot the micro peen

by Anonymousreply 549April 12, 2024 6:17 PM

but she can suck the chrome off a bumper

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550April 12, 2024 6:29 PM

R547 "He's just not believable as a straight man"

Unlike moi?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551April 12, 2024 6:33 PM

Put yourself in Nick's management's place: I'm Jimmy Farrell (gay) agent at William Morris Endeavor Agency repping Austin Butler and Nicholas Galitzine. I landed Butler Dune and now Galitzine is begging me for a Sci Fi franchise. Nick has some talent but his primary brand consists of snogging boys and getting buggered on streamers. To make my life more fercock Nic's as queer as a $3 bill with a live-in boyfriend. Everyone even his female fanbase can see from outer space he's a big ole gurl.I can't just shill him as a sensitive English lad anymore. WTF it isn't 1954. Galitzine needs a shayna maidel pronto. Cabello is bearding Nic's nice Jewish boy hubby. Taylor Swift is booked. Oy! What to do with this fagela? I got a six figure contract commission riding on Nikita ass. Suggestions? I'm all ears.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552April 12, 2024 8:01 PM

Pretty obvious Nicky is the wifey. Bella coppia 💕

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553April 12, 2024 8:54 PM

Nicstin domesticity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554April 12, 2024 11:45 PM

Hiding in plain sight. Like Cary and Randolph

by Anonymousreply 555April 12, 2024 11:47 PM

Nicstin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556April 13, 2024 2:38 AM

And we danced like a wave on the ocean, romanced

We were liars in love and we danced

Swept away for a moment by chance

And we danced and danced danced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557April 13, 2024 2:41 AM

Nic is not gay. He's Greek...passive.

by Anonymousreply 558April 13, 2024 2:42 AM

Whether they are BFFs or Gay partners, they have enviably great chemistry together.

by Anonymousreply 559April 13, 2024 2:45 AM

Who watched tonight?

by Anonymousreply 560April 13, 2024 2:55 AM

Well his BF is very lucky. Nicholas looked stunning in tonites episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561April 13, 2024 3:18 AM

Tonite! Tonite!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562April 13, 2024 3:21 AM

Great episode and I wasn't crazy about the first one.

by Anonymousreply 563April 13, 2024 5:21 AM

Love dancing George

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564April 13, 2024 6:07 PM

Yeah it is getting better and I can actual see it. Day scenes are appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 565April 13, 2024 6:23 PM

I am a creature of the night. Give me night scenes.

by Anonymousreply 566April 13, 2024 6:26 PM

Love those LIPS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567April 13, 2024 6:27 PM

Dancing Galitzqueen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568April 14, 2024 2:37 AM

Had my doubts but he can certainly act

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569April 14, 2024 5:18 AM

and he can certainly behave

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570April 14, 2024 5:19 AM

Fail .Due to poor direction and lack of experience. A straight man would never look up at the woman's face. Keep your head down.Never take your eye off the ball. It's dark and treacherous down there. Staring hungrily at your seafood buffet. Hypnotized by the puss. We barely come up for air. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 571April 14, 2024 6:17 AM

Luved this banter, anachronistic but amusing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572April 15, 2024 1:04 PM

^ Loved the cruisy older gent

by Anonymousreply 573April 16, 2024 1:51 AM

You do know that in real life all these people all of them, had lice and stunk to high heavens and the upper upper classes wore perfumes and scents to mask their stink. Their houses, including manors estates and castles were filled with vermin, mice and rats running around. worms in the food and the flour, and the wine was often sour.

by Anonymousreply 574April 16, 2024 7:45 PM

R574 That never stopped you from sucking a cock hon.

by Anonymousreply 575April 17, 2024 3:14 AM

I would not kick King James out of my bedchamber.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576April 18, 2024 10:41 PM

R576. Honestly, I think King James is sexier than George.

by Anonymousreply 577April 18, 2024 10:46 PM

Ugh. You can have him. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 578April 18, 2024 11:51 PM

Tony Curran should get an Emmy nom. He's acting rings around Moore and Bambi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579April 19, 2024 12:35 AM

Why Bambi?

by Anonymousreply 580April 19, 2024 12:38 AM

I agree that Curran is really good in this

by Anonymousreply 581April 19, 2024 1:13 AM

The King & Queen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582April 19, 2024 3:37 AM

Cheekbones.

by Anonymousreply 583April 19, 2024 7:01 AM

Putting the "Mary" in Mary and George

by Anonymousreply 584April 19, 2024 7:19 AM

Just heard about this series.

Are they utilizing Received Pronunciation even though that accent did not exist until two centuries later?

by Anonymousreply 585April 19, 2024 7:57 AM

Bambi desperately wants Timothee's career..with Luca Guadagnino

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586April 19, 2024 1:18 PM

^ Purse Princess

by Anonymousreply 587April 19, 2024 1:19 PM

If Bambi want's Chalamet's career she needs to put her fruit salad back in the bowl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588April 19, 2024 1:44 PM

R585, well, all British period pieces do

by Anonymousreply 589April 19, 2024 3:44 PM

^^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590April 19, 2024 4:08 PM

This show gets better with every episode. Alot happens in episode 3 and Julianne Moore was fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 591April 20, 2024 2:12 AM

Seriously, R591?

by Anonymousreply 592April 20, 2024 2:25 AM

Will the poster duplicatively posting the same response/content on all three NG threads please stop it?

It's tedious and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 593April 20, 2024 2:54 AM

Third episode was great

by Anonymousreply 594April 20, 2024 3:14 AM

Will the poster duplicatively posting the same response/content on all three NG threads please stop it?

by Anonymousreply 595April 20, 2024 4:08 AM

by Anonymousreply 596April 20, 2024 4:10 AM

Bambi giving off Prince Caspian vibes. Though Benjy was not bewigged

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597April 20, 2024 4:22 AM

[quote] You do know that in real life all these people all of them, had lice and stunk to high heavens and the upper upper classes wore perfumes and scents to mask their stink. Their houses, including manors estates and castles were filled with vermin, mice and rats running around. worms in the food and the flour, and the wine was often sour.

What do you mean, "had" and "were"?

It's still going on. Why do you think we left the UK?

by Anonymousreply 598April 20, 2024 4:26 AM

I would have Shag, Marry and Kill Somerset. Cover all my bases.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599April 20, 2024 4:36 AM

Austy has to put up with this regularly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600April 20, 2024 4:37 AM

He has ways to dick her down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601April 20, 2024 4:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!