Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The longest wait ever

I'd think

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 15, 2018 11:16 PM

Sometimes it's 5 minutes or longer.

by Anonymousreply 1August 15, 2018 4:25 AM

The most random of shit appears on DL. Couldn’t sit through it all (history of the guillotine) to get to the good bit. *Yawn*

by Anonymousreply 2August 15, 2018 4:28 AM

Only boring people are bored, r1.

by Anonymousreply 3August 15, 2018 4:29 AM

*r2, not r1 (sorry r1)

by Anonymousreply 4August 15, 2018 4:30 AM

Never said I was bored, dear!

by Anonymousreply 5August 15, 2018 4:31 AM

So what was the verdict?

by Anonymousreply 6August 15, 2018 4:37 AM

30 seconds according to the video

by Anonymousreply 7August 15, 2018 4:45 AM

This is weird shit indeed. 30 seconds, R6.

by Anonymousreply 8August 15, 2018 4:45 AM

Geezus, I want to punch that fucking narrator in the head for his "Yes!" with thumbs up, like he's just caught another Pokemon, when discussing such a ghoulish subject. The death of simple decency is dissuading me from wanting me to take great measures to extend my own life.

R6, The conclusion was, that a decapitated head will still react to hearing its name called, and look into the eyes of the person calling its name. I'm a Catholic (please don't try to link me to that current sex abuse thread), and I don't believe in capital punishment. I know I'm probably in a minority here, but I have to be true to the values with which I was raised. It was very difficult for me to get through that video: I had to keep flipping over to other things to try not to let it sink in too badly, but I fear I still won't sleep well tonight.

by Anonymousreply 9August 15, 2018 4:46 AM

Keep in mind the Catholics butchered millions in the name of religion throughout history. Sleep well!

by Anonymousreply 10August 15, 2018 4:51 AM

Joe is one of my favorite YouTubers.

by Anonymousreply 11August 15, 2018 4:53 AM

R10, Right on schedule. Yes, I've butchered millions while working my working class job in the middle-class Midwest. A simple mention of Catholicism will bring the bigots out like a blue light draws mosquitoes and cockroaches. I see only 5 minutes between our posts. You really are an eager boy, aren't you? Go fuck yourself (since no one else ever will).

by Anonymousreply 12August 15, 2018 5:02 AM

R12 is triggered!

by Anonymousreply 13August 15, 2018 5:04 AM

r12, shame on you...so much for your religious upbringing.

by Anonymousreply 14August 15, 2018 5:09 AM

R12 my point was that you specifically mentioned your Catholicism as a reason you were against capital punishment, and my post was simply highlighting how the church being against capital punishment is a relatively recent creation and not at all what the church practiced for the past millennia. So if you stop to think about why you're against capital punishment, I'm sure you can come up with a more valid reason than "the Pope told me it was bad".

Judging from your ridiculously over the top reaction though, I'm guessing you don't like to think much about the details.

by Anonymousreply 15August 15, 2018 5:10 AM

OP is always posting rogue, worthless YouTube crap. Don't ever click his links. He trying to doxx you through YouTube by getting your name on your signed in browser account.

by Anonymousreply 16August 15, 2018 5:13 AM

R12 Simmer down, you're going to get flushed - martyring works best when done somberly.

by Anonymousreply 17August 15, 2018 5:14 AM

R16, you're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 18August 15, 2018 5:15 AM

Thank you R18.

by Anonymousreply 19August 15, 2018 5:18 AM

The Catholic church has been pro death penalty throughout its history. It has only recently been against the practice because Francis( named after frankincense because he smells so sweet) is a big sissy and knows that martyrdom is no longer a thing.

by Anonymousreply 20August 15, 2018 5:26 AM

I'm R12, and I'll respond, even though it's probably a waste of time. I don't object to capital punishment because the Catholic Church does. I object to it because I was educated by Franciscans. My values are those that I learned from Franciscan brothers and nuns. I'm a gay man, who had a hard time adapting to being gay and Catholic. But, the reality is, my basic values are very much Catholic, and they're part of me. I don't think this thread should be a debate about Catholicism.

I think for one human to decide another human should be killed is frightening and horrible. I've read about some of the worst cases of human depravity, and I just try to wonder, if there is any chance that anyone can reach the human side of some of these monsters. I recently posted this thread, because I was struggling to understand. I don't pretend to have answers. I'm honestly confused. I wasn't trying to offend, and apologize, honestly, for losing my temper. I didn't expect to be attacked so quickly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 15, 2018 5:34 AM

Well, I'm glad it was only 30 seconds vs. 5 minutes!

by Anonymousreply 22August 15, 2018 5:37 AM

I read about the eyes blinking thing a long time ago, but the calling out the guys name and him responding with open eyes in the right direction freaks me out even more.

by Anonymousreply 23August 15, 2018 6:01 AM

The real question is what was France doing with a head chopping machine all the way up to 1970! Some of us were "dancing queens" some of us were getting our heads chopped off.

by Anonymousreply 24August 15, 2018 6:03 AM

[quote]OP is always posting rogue, worthless YouTube crap. Don't ever click his links. He trying to doxx you through YouTube by getting your name on your signed in browser account.

Come again, R16? This video has over 2 million views. How is anyone going to get "doxxed" by clicking on the link? Even if the OP is Joe Scott he can't see who's watching.

by Anonymousreply 25August 15, 2018 6:04 AM

I see nothing wrong with posting this video, it was very insightful.

by Anonymousreply 26August 15, 2018 6:20 AM

[quote]The conclusion was, that a decapitated head will still react to hearing its name called, and look into the eyes of the person calling its name.

That's utter bullshit though for a myriad of scientific reasons. It makes for good story telling though.

by Anonymousreply 27August 15, 2018 6:21 AM

This says 2-3 seconds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 15, 2018 6:29 AM

R21 no one was "attacking" you. You blew things way out of proportion with your response. Normal people don't respond that way to a minor provocation.

by Anonymousreply 29August 15, 2018 12:38 PM

That article is debatable R28, their scientific source "new scientist" does not exist.

I think everyone wants to believe its instant but 30 seconds is not a long time. The article claims 3 seconds because of blood loss but 3 seconds is too short of a time for that. The human brain is full of electrically charged neurons that don't just suddenly stop. Even when someone flat lines from a heart attack, the brain is still totally fine for more than 6 minutes without any blood flow and have a complete recovery without brain damage. So 30 seconds is very plausible.

by Anonymousreply 30August 15, 2018 12:51 PM

It's just enough time to cast a death curse!

by Anonymousreply 31August 15, 2018 12:58 PM

This made me think of a Dario Argento film (Trauma) where murder victim's severed head whispers a big reveal to the protagonist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 15, 2018 1:19 PM

Lesbian! It said.... LESBIAN!!!!

by Anonymousreply 33August 15, 2018 1:23 PM

30 seconds is enough for one last, quick blowjob.

by Anonymousreply 34August 15, 2018 2:12 PM

[quote] R10: Keep in mind the Catholics butchered millions in the name of religion throughout history. Sleep well!

The Gays proportionately did as well, when in power.

by Anonymousreply 35August 15, 2018 8:03 PM

Now they are starting to use Fentinol. About time. It seems like a perfect drug. As far as I know, it just puts people to sleep, with a usually good feeling.

by Anonymousreply 36August 15, 2018 8:50 PM

I mean, as a method of execution.

by Anonymousreply 37August 15, 2018 8:50 PM

R35 you may have mixed your horse tranquilizers with Ritalin again.

by Anonymousreply 38August 15, 2018 10:06 PM

Bleagh.

by Anonymousreply 39August 15, 2018 11:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!