- We don't need two threads on her but people hate her b/c she's a bitch. Mel Gibson is a thousand times worse but he managed to hide his psychosis and be thought of by most people in Hollywood as a "nice guy" She was just nasty in a mentally ill way. If her problems were just a temporary klepto and painkiller phase, that'd be one thing.
Here's the famous collection of blind items.
THE BITCHIEST GIRL IN HOLLYWOOD: Winona Ryder
"Los Angeles is full of demanding divas. But there's one A-list chick whose behavior is so unbelievably evil that she makes all the other actresses look angelic. Read on as stylists, waiters, assistants, and more spill the details of her appalling conduct."
Over the years we've had fun putting together pieces about the wild things celebs do to interviewers, stylists, and even their significant others. And when we've dug around for the dirt and talked to every one from producers to paparazzi for our stories, one name kept coming up again and again. We've heard so many outlandish tales of diva-ish behaviour that we've dubbed her Bitchy Girl (becaue you know, we can't say her name). Read on for the outrageous tales of her beyond-bratty behavior.
PARTY POOPERS - the victim A Hotel Manager
"We were so excited when the actress and her hot boyfriend checked in to a big suite and said they were planning on staying for three months. They were kind of demanding, but we're used to that. We'd have to send up extra sheets at four in the morning, make sure the kitchen only heated (not toasted) their English muffins - you get the idea. The only truly weird thing was that they didn't want their bedroom cleaned, just the bathroom and living room. But when the maid told me that the room reeked, I asked to come in. They put me off for a couple of days, telling me that they were having meetings in there. But I finally made them open the door and sort of forced myself into the bedroom. I was horrified - she'd been training a puppy in there, letting it go to the bathroom on the floor! The actress started screaming her head off, saying that I was harrassing her because she was famous. Before I had a chance to call security, they grabbed their things and left - not even leaving a penny for the maid! We eventually charged her boyfriend's credit card for the damage."
FIT TO BE TIED - the victim Her Personal Assistant
"I had been working for this actress for about a year when she got the best job of her life. Before we left to film in Paris, the producers assured her she'd have a few days off before she had to start shooting. The entire flight, she was crying and asking me if she looked fat (keep in mind, she's a size 0). When we arrived, the movie's costume designer asked if she could come in and do a quick fitting. It would have taken two hours, tops. But because she was supposed to have a few days off, she became hysterical and called her agent and her manager and screamed at them. Without bothering to call the costume designer, she went to bed and wouldn't answer the phone or talk to anyone except for me for a week. They finally replaced her, and I ended up quitting a few months later - she was just to difficult to work for."
RUDE AWAKENING - the victim A Writer
"I interviewed the actress when she was dating a hot star. I had decided not to ask her about him because I knew she wouldn't talk about their relationship. But she was very reticent and would hardly talk about anything. I was tearing my hair out with frustration - and freaking out because my editor was going to ream me if I didn't turn something in. A few days after the interview, she called me at three-thirty in the morning and asked if I wanted to talk to her boyfriend. I jumped at the chance. I was so excited - it was going to make my story. He got on the phone, and it became obvious that they were just trying to taunt me for fun. He was slurring his words, and she kept grabbing the phone away and yelling at him. This went on for a good hour, at which point I hung up and went to bed. They may be huge stars, but I don't appreciate having
my chain yanked like that." HOT STAR: Johnny Depp
BACKSTAGE BULLY - the victim A Young Actress
"When I found out that I would be working with this actress, I was so excited because I loved her work. The first day of rehearsals, I brought everyone one of those eye pillows that you can heat or freeze - they're great after a stressful day, and I had made them myself. Everyone was very sweet about it, except the actress. She threw hers over her shoulder, hitting one of the crew members with it. It was the begnining of four months of hell. She was mean to me every single day, and she often made me cry. Whenever I cried, she'd punch her arms up in the air as if she had just won a boxing mtch. I have never met anyone as arrogant and awful as she was."
Brittany Murphy "Girl Interrupted"
SWEET CHARITY? - the victim A Stylist
"I was asked to help style a photo shoot to promote a big charity bash. The deal was that all the stars would wear their own clothes, but the organizers wanted me to check out what everyone was wearing so the stars didn't clash with one another. When I arrived at the actress's house, she sent her assistant down to show me some of the things she wanted to wear. Nothing was right. The assistant came back down with this amazing wool coat, which still had the tags on it. Her assistant said that the actress wanted me to buy it for her! I tried to explain that nobody was getting free stuff - after all, this was a charity event. It was summer in Los Angeles, so a wool coat wouldn't work anyway, but she refused to wear anything other than the coat and kept demanding that I pay for it. I left and called the head of the charity, and they disinvited her."
DINNER, WITH A SIDE OF BITCH - the victim An Ex-Waitress at a Hip West Hollywood Eatery
"You call her Bitchy Girl? Believe me, that's tame compared to what we used to call her at the restaraunt. She'd come in with her boyfriend de jour and always cause a huge scene. She thought she was too good to speak to the waitstaff, so she would force her boyfriend to order for her. Then she would lay into her boyfriend about something silly, and he would get embarrassed and start yelling back at her. When she was through with him, she'd start with us. I swear we always treated her like a queen, but I can't tell you how many times she accused one of us of slighting her in some way. She'd go berserk, making a total scene just to make us look bad. We hated her."
FLIRTING WITH DISASTER - the victim A Heartbroken Ex-Friend
"My friend used to be friends with the actress. She had just broken up with a guy she was wild about, and the actress was initially very sympathetic. Then they went to a party together, and the offending guy was there. My friend wanted to leave, but the actress convinced her to stay, at which point she flirted with the guy and kissed him! My friend freaked. The once-sympathetic actress then told my friend to grow up and get over it. They never spoke again."
BREAKFAST FREAKOUT - the victim An Innocent Waitress
"The actress was eating with a bunch of friendss at the restaraunt where I worked. She asked for a loose omelette, and when I brought out all of their food, I told the actress that if it was too dry, I would have the chef make her another one. She took one bite, threw the omelette on the floor, and started screaming at me. Everyone else was so mortified about how she had treated me that they left me a huge tip. On her way out, the bitchy actresss picked up the tip, ripped all the bills in half, and them stormed out."
SNEAKY DRUG RAID - the victim A Former Assistant
"I had been working for the actress for about three months when I broke my leg in a skiing accident. She has been away filming for most of that time, so I didn't really have to deal with her. When I broke my leg though, she called me up and went crazy, screaming about how I had to get crutches right away because she couldn't take care of herself without me. A few minutes after that call, she called me back and was sweet as sugar. She asked if she could come by and see me. Sure, I told her. She came and spent 20 minutes in my apartment. After she left, I noticed that all of my pain medication had mysteriously disappeared from my bathroom! I called and accused her of stealing it, but she denied it. I never went back to work for her."
BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO - the victim Assistant to the Actress's Former Boyfriend
"The actress dated my boss for about three months. He never thought it was that serious, and eventually he broke up with her. For the next three weeks, she called his house more than 100 times a day. You have no idea how that can drive you crazy. She'd leave these nasty messages, crying or yelling or threatening him. The only thing that finally got her to stop was when he threatened to call the police."
UNJUST ACCUSATION - the victim A Male Costar
"I worked with the actress on one of her first films, when she was very young. I started in this business when I was young, too, so I felt protective of her. I made a point to watch out for her on the set, making sure she always knew her lines and that everyone was treating her well. But then one day, whenever I would try to talk to her on the set, she would walk away. A few days later, the producer called me into his office and told me that if I didn't leave the actress alone, they would have to replace me! I was absolutely speechless. I found out that she had told them I was hitting on her and making her uncomfortable. I have hated her since that moment." Rob Lowe
ONE WAY NOT TO GET A JOB IN HOLLYWOOD - the victim A Casting Director
"I used to think she was a great actress, and I would call her in to read for parts all the time. For one reason or another, I was never able to cast her. I saw her at a restarant one night and went over to say hello. Usually actors are nice to me because they know that one day I'll get them a good part. But she acted like she didn't even know who I was. Some of her actor friends recognized me though and started talking to me. The actress was so insulted that someone was taking the attention away from her that she threw a drink in my face! I almost died. Now whenever her name comes up during a casting session, I mention how evil she is, and they never bring her up again. I will do anything to make sure she does not get a good part."
NOT-SO-FRIENDLY GESTURE - the victim A Former Pal
"The actress and I were once really close. This was when we were both in our 20s and single, having the time of our lives. I had just done a movie, and for the first time in my life, I had some money. I bought the two of us these matching butter-yellow leather jackets. I used to leave mine in the back of my Jeep, and one day, it disappeared. I was really upset about it, but when I went to her place to whine, she just rolled her eyes. We ended up sort of growing apart, and a few months later, I ran into her while she was out with another friend. When I walked over to say hi, I immediately noticed that her new friend was wearing my jacket! I knew it was mine beause one of the sleeves had a weird rip in it from when I snagged it on something in my garage. I called her the next day and accused her of taking the jacket, and SHE threatened to call the cops on ME. She's so nasty that I kept my mouth closed - I was afraid of what she mght do to me if I pursued it."
I hope that''s formatted okay
- I think the shoplifting thing is so arrogant when you''re rich.%0D\
When Lindsay and Robert were doing their stuff, it mostly hurt themselves, but being rich and stealing stuff is like saying: fuck you to poor people.%0D\
That''s just a guess of course.%0D\
Timing and p.r. is everything, too. %0D\
Look at how Letterman handled his sex scandal.%0D
- r1 - thanks that took a lot of work%0D\
I thought Gwyneth was the mean girl because supposedly she stole the Shakespear In Love part (and possibly Oscar) from Winona because she read Winona''s script.%0D\
- She was a thief, whether it was on a movie set or at a hign end store. She''s just a sociopath.
- I''m sad to hear that Johnny Depp was involved. I guess we''ve all done dumb things when we were young and drunk, but he just never struck me as someone who would be so nasty.
- I love the one about her stealing her assistant''s pain medication for some reason. You know she must have pulled that one a hundred times or so.
- Why, R5 because you find him attractive? He is a prick for christ''s sake. he smacked the shit out of kate moss.
- Seriously, I hope we read about how Winona the slut ODed in a transient hotel. Bitch.
- Knowing how truly awful and insane she is really helps me enjoy her performance in "The Crucible" though....Hey at least it''s something!
- Actually I don''t. He''s way too greasy looking for my taste. He just doesn''t seem to court the press like most celebrities do. I didn''t realize he was so abusive to Kate Moss. I knew they were disfuctional (trashing hotel rooms, etc.), but didn''t know it was physical.
- Sounds like drug addict behaviour. Wonder if she''s clean now? Even more, if she is clean, I wonder if she''s learned some humility or is just crazy & mean at her core.\
re: one of the blind items - I''m skeptical that Rob Lowe *wasn''t* hitting on his young co-star, given his own reputation.
- What movie was in with Rob Lowe?
- Square Dance (I''d never heard of it, either).
- She actually sounds like a friend of mine I used to have. She thought everyone, everywhere was hitting on her, stole pain meds from a friend''s terminally ill mother, stole shit from friends or stores. Would occasionally get drunk and thro things including beer mugs at people.
- And we believe these items because? I highly doubt that this is Winona if these items are true in the first place, these could fit any number of young actresses in Hollywood.
- Hating someone because of blind items is just stupid%0D\
That said, she was AWFUL in Bram Stoker''s Dracula. OP has terrible taste. And her career was on the downswing before the shoplifting arrest. Saying Lindsay Lohan was treated better by Hollywood makes no sense, either, since Lindsay''s career is in worse shape now than Winona''s has ever been in.
- She was in all my favorite movies when I was growing up (Heathers, Mermaids, Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice), so I will always have a soft spot for her. Though, I won''t be going to see her in that upcoming Ron Howard/Vince Vaughn piece of shit!
- Thank you for the blind item recap, r1. %0D\
Getting into show business too young + early fame + drugs = well, everybody at DL knows what.
- She''s been with so many different guys, wonder why Keanu Reeves never picked up on her?
- The BIs in R1 could be any female star.
- She, Cher, and Christina Ricci should do a sequel to Mermaids.
- She may be/have been a horrible person, but in the right part, she was a genuine movie star.%0D\
- Season of the bitch!
- I find her a terribly limited actress, but in the right parts, she is incredibly effective. "Heathers," "Beetlejuice," "Reality Bites," "Mermaids," and even "Little Women," although I usually find her insufferable in period drama.
- and her boobs are fake, too.
- It''s funny how people don''t like her in period roles--those of what has gotten her two Oscar nominations and, currently, a SAG nomination.
- Was it the shoplifting that kept her from working OR the problems that caused the shoplifting that were the problem? (substances)%0D\
Hollywood forgives a lot. I doubt a little stealing could really ruin a career. %0D\
Glad she''sback though. She was a youthful favorite.
- I was a fan for a short while when she was first starting out in Beetlejuice and Heathers. But beyond those types of quirky teenage girl/young adult roles, she really doesn''t bring much to the table. Her acting is flat and one note with a stilted delivery. This was again obvious to me when I watched her in the Star Trek reboot as Spock''s mother. I guess J.J. Abrams had a crush on her too when he was younger.
- [quote]But beyond those types of quirky teenage girl/young adult roles, she really doesn''t bring much to the table%0D\
True. She''s not exactly going to rouse Barbara Stanwyck from the grave. But within her area of expertise, she was pretty close to perfect, and most performers can''t say the same.
- She seemed really tentative and nervous in that Pippa something movie she did with Robin Wright. I think she has lost some of her confidence.%0D\
(Scarjo and Natile Portman should watch....they will be her soon)
- My guess is that she''d already pissed off a lot of people, but she was popular with the public, so they had to put up with it. \
Once the shoplifting thing broke, it gave studios the excuse they needed to dump her. If she''d been more well liked within the industry, they would have ignored the shoplifting entirely.
- Wonder how she behaves on set now? Any insiders know?
- Female stars are more disposable in Hollywood.
- I liked her open, vulnerable face. I liked her semi-ethnic look too. Maybe not the most exciting actress but more accessible than the plastic pop tarts of today.\
Would like to see her come back.
- I think her boobs were the real deal but she may have had a lift, by now.
- I think she has always had a drug problem...remember those stories about her and Christian Bale and Kevyn Aucoin?
- "I know she''s not everyone''s cup of tea, but I''m personally glad to see her career in recovery mode."%0D\
WHAT "recovery mode?" Yeah, she''s in "Black Swan"...for about ten minutes. I''d say her career is pretty much kaput. Her forte was playing neurotic, twitchy teenage girls and that phase has long been over. She''s not very convincing as any other type of character. I think she''ll be doing cameo roles or minor supporting roles from now on, if that.%0D\
There''s an article about her in a recent issue of GQ. I''s a pretty revealing article: the interviewer obviously has no idea what to make of her, she just seems so unstable and immature. She''s about 40 years old now and she''s still stuck in Heathers/Beetlejuice mode.
- R38, just this week received a group SAG nomination for "Black Swan" and an individual nomination for a television movie she did (even though the reviews were lukewarm when it aired). She''s also going to be in a guaranteed moneymaker next month--"The Dilemma", directed by Ron Howard and starring Vince Vaughan/Kevin James, who are the kings of high-grossing stupid films.
- I am back!!
Winona (double Sag nominee!)
- I saw her last night on Jimmy Fallon. I realized it''s probably the first time I''ve ever seen her interviewed. She comes across as a bit odd. I can''t figure it out. I do think she is a good actress.
- It must be tough to go from ''it'' girl to ''nobody wants to work with me.'' I''m sure the rejection corroded her confidence and she was never a great talent to begin with. An actor gains confidence from working and getting praise and getting work offers. It''s all about the attention.
- [quote]Her forte was playing neurotic, twitchy teenage girls%0D\
And there''s absoluetly nothing wrong with that!
- The group SAG nomination had nothing to do with HER. She just did a cameo in it. And the tv movie where she played the long-suffering wife of Bill W., the founder of AA, was a flop. It''s not like she''s been nominated for an Oscar. Her career is still stagnant.
- Well, I want to watch her as she gets older. I saw her in Pippa Lee and she was very good...I''ve seen her do a good job in different films. Could she be the next Meryl Streep? I don''t know.
- [quote]Her forte was playing neurotic, twitchy teenage girls%0D\
That is probably the best summation of Noni Ride-her I''ve ever read. From "Heathers" to "Girl Interrupted", from "The Age Of Innocence" to her guest appearance in "Friends", it was all about a girl who appeared to deal, but couldn''t.%0D\
She got an Oscar nomination for TAOI simply because the higher caliber production was art directed AND directed to death. It certainly wasn''t because of her faux-turn-of-the-century accent...%0D\
- Seriously I hated her character in that film...so she must have done a good job.
- "Her forte was playing neurotic, twitchy teenage girls"\
- r37 more info please
- her problems go way back to dropping out of Godfather 3 days (1989)
- The above bull crap is just that, bull crap. Unsubstantiated claims made by people who were most likely angry that Winona didn't do what they wanted her to do to make their careers better, or people who were obsessed with her, and found out that she wasn't into them. You will note that not a SINGLE SOLITARY claim made by the above persons has a video to back it up, or a photo, or a corroborating witness of any consequence; they are all made by individuals who didn't get something they wanted from Winona, and who were likely some of the same trolls who dis Winona on other web sites because of her "outing" of Mel Gibson (as if he was still in). NOBODY who has ever worked with Winona, or done an actual interview with her that has made it to TV or a magazine has EVER ONCE said ANYTHING even remotely similar to the s**t above. Grow up you unbelievably immature dorks.
- r51, Winona, you realize you just bumped this long-forgotten thread back to the top of the list, don't you?
- Noni darling, hello and welcome to the datalounge!
Got any oxy?
- That blind item refering to Brittany Muprhy is bogus. I saw them personally, hanging out, like chums. I even saw pics of them in magazines walking around Melrose smiling and laughing, this was after Girl Interupted. So thats way off, They were good friends.
- "Her forte was playing neurotic, twitchy teenage girls"
So her career is a thing of the past, you dumbass. If all you can do really well is play weird teenage girls, then what do you do when you're in your twenties and thirties? When she did "Girl, Interrupted" she was playing a teenager and she was almost thirty. And she's FORTY now. She no longer can get leading roles in major movies. Her career is in the dumpster.
"Grow up you unbelievably immature dorks.'
Oh shut up, you pathetic ass. You're the one who's the "unbelieveably immature dork."
- She played her niche very well.
The comparison to Kristin Stewart is beyond idiotic. Ryder gave you the full dimension of the character she was playing. Stewart always looks like she's holding in gas and can't wait for the scene to be over.
- But what can she really play now? I wouldn't buy her as anyone's wife or mother or as a cop or a lawyer; I'd buy her as a bar fly who maybe keeps applying for a job at the last record shop in town and never gets hired so sells friendship bracelets out of her van.
- [quote]The comparison to Kristin Stewart is beyond idiotic. Ryder gave you the full dimension of the character she was playing. Stewart always looks like she's holding in gas and can't wait for the scene to be over.
Winona was/is one note, but she played that note very well. I give her that. Kristen Stewart is like a very bad high school drama club reject. She's in a whole other league of awful. But the comparison is apt in that Stewart is another IT girl who can only play twitchy teenage girls, and while that can get you by when you're 21 and conventionally attractive in Hollywood, it doesn't age well.
- [quote]But what can she really play now? I wouldn't buy her as anyone's wife or mother
She did all right as Spock's mother, though she only had three or four short scenes.
- I thought she was so pretty when she was younger but the pictures from the Black Swan premiere showed she hasn't aged well. She looked a tad bit crazy and over weight.
- Her "career" is in recovery mode?
Thanks for the laugh OP.
- R58, I actually think Kristen Stewart place her one note well too. She was fine in The Runaways and Adventureland.
- She was great in The Ten. A hilarious movie btw.
- Her career is taking off again in the most inspired fashion:
- Maybe they got her stabilized on lithium or something now so she's a little more manageable.
- [quote]I'd buy her as a bar fly who maybe keeps applying for a job at the last record shop in town and never gets hired so sells friendship bracelets out of her van.
I'm on it R57. I'll post the full screenplay by Sunday night.
- remember when she was supposed to win the Oscar but lost to a child!!! Loser!
www.goop.com (no Emmy either!!)
- Yeah, she's had short hair, but she was no Sinead O'Connor.
- I remember Square Dance! It was a made for t.v. thing and Rob Lowe played a mentally handicapped man accused of murder or rape or something. I just remember he kept wandering into different places and asking for tuna casserole. It was shit-tastic.
- I haven't seen her in anything after her shoplifting arrest.
She looks really pretty and young in that clip, R64. Just like the old days.
- I loved her in "Age of Innocence" wonderful how she becomes so controlling. I also loved her " Little Women". I have to say I always liked her
- That voice, that godawful voice. She still sounds like a kid. At least she doesn't lisp like so many of the young crop of actresses now.
- I think she's gorgeous and it'd be nice if she made comeback, but people are delusional if they don't think her arrest has had a lasting impact on her career. The fact that she hasn't been able to pull a Robert Downey, Jr. or Hugh Grant pretty much proves that she wasn't the nicest person before her incident and not a lot of people feel compelled to help her.
- Her character in Black Swan got stabbed in the face about a hundred times, which was just the BEST THING.
- The Oscar loss always seemed like a real big personal snub (sort of like Eddie Murphy's) She was the odds of favorite and had won the Golden Globe.
- Was she fucking Courtney Love or were they just drug buddies?
- R76, Both? I am guessing.
I feel like I shouldn't find that hot... but I do.
- I love her.
- Winona stunk up "Bram Stoker's Dracula" but good. That would have been a better movie with another actress.
- Happy 40th Birthday, Winona!
- To commemorate Winona Ryder's fortieth birthday, WonderWall did a piece about her love life. It began like this:
"Of Winona Ryder, Courtney Love once said, "You're no one in music until you have feuded with me or until you sleep with Winona." And while we're loath to agree with Courtney, we have to say it's kind of true. In fact, Winona has hooked up with most of the biggest names in music and movies. So in honor of her 40th birthday on Oct. 29,
Let's look at Winona's rather lengthy list of lovers."
It goes on to list the lovers of Wanna-Ride-Her:
- I just want her to pose topless before those magnificent tits totally sag.
- I remember that, r82. That was hilarious, it seemed that Winona was embarrassed by that clip.
- Evan Dando? I didn't think he did girls.
- Winona is 40. Cher's little daughter is a woman at last. Happy birthday to a great star - the Marilyn Monroe of Generation X.
- Winona Ryder looks great for 40, and still crazy as evah!
- "Evan Dando? I didn't think he did girls.'
Oh he did them, alright. Bijou Phillips said she lost her virginity to him. And supposedly he also fucked Courtney Love. He's a hopeless druggie loser; he probably fucks anything.
- That clip at R82 sums up Ryder's dilemma; she's playing an adult woman, but comes across as a nervy teenager. She looks like a teenager playing dress-up in that clip, a teenager dressed up in old clothes.
- When did Noni fuck around with Daniel Day-Lewis? On the set of that Scorsese movie? (The title of which escapes me at the moment.)
- Only 2 years younger than Matthew Perry but she looks a decade younger. Women just age better.
- "When did Noni fuck around with Daniel Day-Lewis? On the set of that Scorsese movie? (The title of which escapes me at the moment.)'
The Scorsese movie was "The Age of Innocence."
They were also in a really sexed-up version of "The Crucible." Having been in two movies together would have given them ample time to fuck around.
Add another name to that list at R81: Bono. She and Bono were quite, um, CLOSE during the eighties and probably still are on occasion.
"Only 2 years younger than Matthew Perry but she looks a decade younger. Women just age better."
I wouldn't say she's aging better. She has a very strange look about her: she looks both old and young at the same time.
- [quote]I wouldn't say she's aging better. She has a very strange look about her: she looks both old and young at the same time.
I agree. There's something...broken and crazy about her now. And she looks out of shape and slightly chubby, which makes her look matronly. I can see why she's not getting any parts.
- "I wouldn't say she's aging better. She has a very strange look about her: she looks both old and young at the same time.
I agree. There's something...broken and crazy about her now. And she looks out of shape and slightly chubby, which makes her look matronly. I can see why she's not getting any parts."
Dummies: she's looking WAY better than Perry. WAY.
- What kind of confirmation is there for that list? I had no clue about a lot of those names. Jimmy Fallon, Dodi al Fayed, David Duchovney?
- I think it's more appropriate to compare her to other women in her age group. Who gives a fuck about Matthew Perry?
- "What kind of confirmation is there for that list? I had no clue about a lot of those names. Jimmy Fallon, Dodi al Fayed, David Duchovney?'
I definitely remember the rumors about Duchovney. He was quoted as saying "Winona is my friend and I adore her." And she did go out with Jimmy Fallon a few times. She denied the Dodi Fayed rumors but there were others who said that they did date. Fayed had a thing about actresses; he also dated Brooke Shields.
- Is she really 40? I am 40 and I remember seeing her in movies in the late 80s and I swear she was older than me back then (early 20s)?
- Winona basically stalked Paul Westerberg for a while. She was always dropping his name in interviews and calling him her personal Jesus etc. I don't know whether she managed to have a fling with him. When a reporter asked Paul a few years back if Winona had ever stolen anything from him, Paul replied "Yeah, my time."
I do think it's fair to mention that Winona probably wasn't half the slut the married Westerberg or the other men on R81's list were.
Matthew Sweet wrote a nice song named after her on Girlfriend. Maybe he was hoping to get lucky.
- Bono once bought her a gun.
- Bono? Mr. "Americans stop flooding poor dear Mexico with guns" Bono?
I bet he has a 3 inch dick.
- In the move Boys, she looked like Luke Edwards.
- Krazy Eyes Killa!!
Her official IMDb photo.
Michele Bachman, the older sis
- At her most captivating:
- hi winona im jim how;s thing with u i like to get to know meet u and maybe let me take u out for some dinner and shoot the shit and see where thing's go from there your might be busy so if u would like to get a hold of me at....firstname.lastname@example.org ....jim
- [quote]hi winona im jim how;s thing with u i like to get to know meet u and maybe let me take u out for some dinner and shoot the shit and see where thing's go from there your might be busy so if u would like to get a hold of me at....email@example.com ....jim
What's your dick size? If you have a small dick, she won't be interested. Unless you have some drugs. She'd probably be okay with a small dick if it came with drugs.
- Wanna Ride-her?
- Winona's new project "The Stare" is in post production.
"A playwright, Martine (Ryder) suffers from paranoia and hallucations as she attempts to stage a new production. She is uncertain over whether she is deluded or if there is a plot against her"
- No matter how bad she is or how bad she isn't, people are always ALWAYS harder on women. They will never let them forget any transgressions no matter how tame or typical of youth. God forbid they enjoy sex because then they are forever WHORES who must have slept their way into every role they ever got.
Male celebs get away with tons more stuff and worse antics and are welcomed back with open arms. Poor babies.
- Tell me about it - I watch them fawn over that narcissistic prick Robert Downey jr and give Mickey Rooney the grand treatment, and yet Winona is still treated like she was one of the 2001 terrorists, even though her shoplifting occured that December, not September.
- Back in the 90s, I literally bumped into Winona Ryder in Soho. She was with the guy from Soul Asylum. I didn't recognize her at first and just did what a normal person would do and said "Excuse me."
I got two impressions.
One, she had the most beautiful skin I had ever seen on a person, and I immediately decided that she must have had some treatment to get it like that. It was gorgeous but unnatural.
Secondly, when she realized I recognized her, she immediately retracted her body and looked away. She reminded me of a scared animal. I walked away feeling sorry for her and thinking being famous must kind of suck.
- r111- Mickey Rooney? Didn't he die like 50 years ago? Or are you talking about Mickey Rourke?
- beautiful skin like that is usually genetic. not saying she doesn't have help but to get perfect in real life is almost impossible unless you have naturally great skin - not talking about make-up or photos.
- She is going to be in a movie with DL fave James Franco (D student).
- Yes, r113, Mickey Rourke. Sorry about that DOROTHY!
- Any Winona news?
- I'm with R7 on that.
- All you need to know about her ex:
Johnny Depp And Ashley Olsen Might Have Spent The Night Together
- Lol at R119, the best comment: Depp "fought the hot so hard he actually won."
- Johnny Depp strikes me as profoundly evil.
- Why R121. Creepy, maybe... but not evil.
- [quote]One, she had the most beautiful skin I had ever seen on a person, and I immediately decided that she must have had some treatment to get it like that. It was gorgeous but unnatural.
What's that really serious prescription medication you are supposed to take for serious acne only? I can't remember the name. I heard that a lot of celebs take it, because it gives you really beautiful skin. Skin like glass is how someone described it.
Harrison Cheung, Christian Bale's former publicist, did not like her at all.
- Sorry, but I don't believe most of these - these are not the responses that normal people have to these kinds of situations.
- What did Harrison Cheung have to say about her?
- thalidomide, R123?
- It's disappointing to hear that she's such a bitch. I had a huge crush on her - as did many a babydyke - throughout the '90s.
- I thought she was cute, too, R127.
- Harrison described how when he when he first saw her, at some celebrity function, she screamed at her assistant to get some fucking ketchup for her fucking french fries.
He said she cursed like a sailor and smoked like a chimney. He was let down that she was such a crazy bitch, because he had been a fan. Strongly implied Christian and Winona were fucking each other on and off for awhile.
I think the medication is accutane.
- I actually thought she was dead.
- Doesn't that shit destroy your liver and make you prone towards shooting up buildings?
- I want some fucking french fries!
- No, Julia. That's just your career.
- R132, I was on Accutane for 5 months last year (April-August) and it really cleared up my acne. I haven't had one major breakout since then, usually a whitehead here and there, but before I used to have cystic acne, which was painful and bloody. The scarring has diminished also.
As for the side effects, I've had a history of depression and suicide attempts, but the worst I got was chapped lips and dry skin. Had to invest in a lot of lip balm and moisturizer, but it was a small price to pay.
I suppose it differs with everyone, but after dreading the long list of side effects (which also included IBS), I consider myself lucky that all I had to endure was dryness.
- She was laughably bad in Age of Innocence
- [quote]What's that really serious prescription medication you are supposed to take for serious acne only?
- Agreed, R136. Can't believe she was nominated for an Oscar for that, and she was seen as the frontrunner after having won the Golden Globe (no SAGs yet then) and other critics awards.
- Maybe she was a victim of anti-Semitism. People might have been making up cruel stories about her simply because she's a Jewess.
- I think she's just blessed with good skin.
- The Ten is the fucking funniest shit ever.
"What does a monkey from the zoo have in common with a Fig Newton? Nothing, right? Think again. They're both sometimes brown.
- Filming Homefront, looking great
- [quote]BACKSTAGE BULLY - the victim A Young Actress "When I found out that I would be working with this actress, I was so excited because I loved her work. The first day of rehearsals, I brought everyone one of those eye pillows that you can heat or freeze - they're great after a stressful day, and I had made them myself. Everyone was very sweet about it, except the actress. She threw hers over her shoulder, hitting one of the crew members with it. It was the begnining of four months of hell. She was mean to me every single day, and she often made me cry. Whenever I cried, she'd punch her arms up in the air as if she had just won a boxing mtch. I have never met anyone as arrogant and awful as she was." Brittany Murphy "Girl Interrupted"[/quote]
Even it's probably total bullshit, that sounds more like the younger, more intense Angelina Jolie doing method acting (her character hates Murphy's character)
- She's obviously stayed out of the sun, which is Rule 1 to preserve one's complexion. Doesn't look like a heavy smoker, either, so yes, good genes must have played a role as well.
- It's not total bullshit. It was common knowledge in the 90's that Winona was the biggest cunt in Hollywood. She was livid when Angelina Jolie got all the accolades for Girl, Interrupted...I worked at Sony at the time and heard quite a few stories about her tempter tantrums.
- Common knowledge eh? So what were these stories, and what exactly was your position at Sony?
I know she's had a few issues but I just can't believe this biggest cunt in Hollywood thing, she's always seemed like a sweetheart to me (though probably a bit on the reserved side in public)
- For one thing there's a video of Brittany and Winona getting into her Mercedes and having a kiss to mess with the paparazzi. They were obviously friends. That blind item just isn't believable anyway, as are just about all of them, no matter who they're really about.
G (author of R143 & R146)
- Nice try R146 but I'm not going to give away personal details about what I did at Sony. Besides, I heard she was a cunt before I worked at Sony. As I said, it's common knowledge. Ryder made a lot of noise at Sony since she had a producer credit on GI and basically thought it was her vehicle for an Oscar and then Angie got all the praise.
Winona's a cunt. If you want to insist otherwise, knock yourself out...
- I kind of assumed the fact that after she was busted for shop lifting and her career totally up-ended that she wasn't very well liked in Hollywood and they used the stealing as an excuse to run her out of town. I noticed not too many people really stood up for her or offered a second chance. She probably burned too many bridges. It also did't help that she never really transitioned to adult roles very well.
Speaking of...Kristen Stewart seems like an even more unlikable, less pretty, less talented Winona.
- I didn't expect any really personal info, just something like you were a receptionist in one of their offices.
And by common knowledge do you mean among industry insiders? What are all these stories anyway?
Of course I've never met her but she just doesn't seem like a bitch to me.
- I watched a biography on her recently and the talking heads people said after her felony convictions she couldn't get insured to work on films, that's why she had trouble getting work. A couple of years later they reduced the felonies to misdemeanours and she started getting roles again, like in A Scanner Darkly.
- Hello 1995
- R152 What does that mean? If 1995 is the name of some other user, it's not me, this is the first time I've posted on this site
- When does her new movie come out? She plays a hooker in it right?
- If you mean Homefront I think she plays a drug dealer and it's not finished yet.
- [quote]If you mean Homefront I think she plays a drug dealer and it's not finished yet.
Wow. What a stretch.
- Fucking Tweaker. Yes you.
- I don't know really. The Daily Mail article describes her as a drug dealer, sidekick to a drug dealer (what does that mean?) or a biker chick. They also describe the Rolls-Royce she's leaning against as "late model" so it shows what they know, what does that mean, a Phantom? It seems to be an early 1990s Silver Spur II.
- Anyone who treats service staff the way she does is clearly painfully insecure and must be insufferable to be around. She's not so great an actress that 'artistic temperament' is any sort of excuse for being a cunty bitch just because you can get away with it. Gen-Xers will continue to have nostalgia-boners for her 'til the end I guess.
- Winona and Johnny 4eva!
Nostalgic Gen xer
- Her best work, in my opinion, is probably "Heathers". There's a smart-yet-naive sweetness that keeps her on the same level as the great turns by Slater, Milford and even Doherty in the film. She wasn't overshadowed as she was in her later work.
By the way, she looks great in "Black Swan" and completely stole the film from Portman.
- [quote]By the way, she looks great in "Black Swan" and completely stole the film from Portman.
Yes, especially the Hospital scene, Winona Ryder was awesome.
- She looked fantastic in Black Swan.
- [quote]Fucking Tweaker. Yes you.
Did you suck his cock?
- [quote]Anyone who treats service staff the way she does is clearly painfully insecure and must be insufferable to be around.[quote]
But is that true? The stories in at the beginning of this thread sound so ridiculous, I can't believe anyone would go on like that.
- [quote]It doesn't help that the former teen star is looking better than ever,
I guess they meant "it doesn't hurt." Who edits this crap?
- Does anyone really believe BIs anymore?
- Certainly not ones as outrageous as those.
- This thread should be read on a par with the Personality Disorder thread. I feel for her. Such beautiful eyes, blessed with a distinct look but not enough talent to succeed outside her limited range. She does look like a deer caught in the headlights now. She looks terrified.
And sadly, she reminds me of girlfriends I'd rather forget.
- Was she crazy at this point? She seems kind of normal and cute.
- R148 Alright don't tell me what you did at Sony if you really feel there's some risk of affecting your career but what were these stories you heard?
- R169 which thread is that?
- R169, she does look terrified, what is that?
- R148 What were these "common knowledge" stories about her going round at Sony?
- I've heard that Winona fucked everyone from here to China, Bradley Cooper, and back. Is she really such a nympho?
- Poor Winona has crazy eyes now. She looks frightened and unwell.
Black Swan was so fucking meta. Winona playing an over the hill star jealous of the young upstart who has replaced her.
- Yes, R176! The whole movie (as unoriginal and dull as it was) had a creepy ritualistic feel to it - real life vs the film story, overlapping with the ballerina's psychosis. It bothered me to see W. Ryder in that role for the reason you stated. Not pleasant.
- She looked slightly nervous in R170, but nothing out of the ordinary... certainly nothing like KStew.
- Which one of her exes coined "Wanna Rideher?" as a (behind her back) nickname? All of her conquests started calling her that. I remember hearing that one a few years ago.
- Another nickname she had was Winona Easy Rider, R179.
I've always really liked Winona, though she clearly has issues. My impression is that Girl, Interrupted was a drama-filled set. I know that Angelina Jolie hated the director, James Mangold, and never thanked him in any of her acceptance speeches that awards season. (She seems to have a rep for clashing with directors -- she reportedly hated Doug Liman too.) She did make much mention of all the other actresses, though, including Winona, and how great it was to work with all of them.
Has Whoopi ever talked about her experience making the film? She seems like she would tell tales out of school!
- G and R173, the thread is called: Dating someone who probably has Borderline Personality Disorder
- Ryder practically transcended in Black Swan, if her role was bigger, she would have gotten her third Oscar nomination.
- I've had a big crush on Winona for ages. I know she had issues but I just find it very hard to believe she's a "cunt". She seems like such a sensitive, gentle, feminine woman.
- Gosh all this fawning over this ageing, thieving, psycho cunt is making me sick
- Well, you should visit her IMDB message board.
- She and Johnny Depp were a match made in heaven; both of them nutjobs. I remember when it was all over the news that they were "engaged" and he got that stupid "Winona Forever" tattoo. What an idiot!
She's always seemed weird and twitchy and mentally ill. I guess she kept her slutty, weird behavior under wraps until she got nabbed for shoplifting. Apparently she'd been doing it for some time, but was able to get away with it because she was famous.
"Girl, Interrupted" was her pet project. She was in her element: playing a mentally ill teenager (she was 27 at the time). I think she thought she'd get an Oscar nom for it. As it turned out Angelina Jolie stole the entire movie and won the Oscar; Ryder didn't even get nominated.
A lot of people thought her role in "Black Swan" was cruelty. She played a has-been ballerina replaced by a younger, prettier girl. That's where her career is now; she's a has been and has been replaced by younger, prettier actresses. Winona Ryder is SO eighties.
- And Johnny Depp gets slagged off here as well! I thought everyone liked him.
- It's not very good the way you equate mental illness with sluttiness. Winona may have experienced mental illness but that doesn't mean she was some kind of lunatic.
- Winona with Francis Ford Coppola
- The only mentally ill person around here is r188.
- She looks A-MAZING.
- She does!
- Winona at the Ice Man premiere
- She looks like an old teenager.
Look at her eyes in that picture of her with Ray Liotta! Those crazy eyes of hers.
- Her skin is amazing, and she has practically no lines.
- But she has really, really fucked up ears which she tries to hide. They are cauliflower like.
- Yeah -- that's why I think she's had work done already.
- She should cut her hair. It is too long. And ease up on the heavy black eye makeup.
- Yeah, R196. And she's pretty fucked up between the ears, too.
- R198 - Her hair is okay. 5 or 10 more pounds would look good on her.
- I think her nasty, nutty, insufferable behavior while she was on top eventually done her in. Same old story. As high as one can fly in life, it can ll vanish in an instant, and then without loyal friends, and admiring co-workers, where does that leave one?
- She came into a restaurant I managed in Manhattan and wanted us to set up the patio for her in the middle of Winter so she could smoke. We refused. She was nice about it and even had the decency to seem a little embarrassed that she had asked. She seemed very shy and timid. Her vibe was sweet but definitely weird.
- When was that R202?
- 2005/2006 [R203}
- Wow, that's interesting!
- She has the face of an angel and the disposition of a snake. No offence to snakes.
I doubt she banked her money so god only knows how she'll get by for the rest of her life. I suppose if Janet Jackson and Selma Hayek can find rich men to marry, Winona can find one too.
She should hurry, before those tits hit her knees.
- Has she been linked with anyone recently?
- What a load of unfounded bullshit from a bunch of uber-bitchy fags. [R202] is the only one I find remotely beliveable.
- Winona at another Ice Man premiere.
- Jesus, she looks great there, R209.
I hope she gets another shot if she's cooled off the cuntiness.
- Yeah, she does look good, but she should not lose any more weight.
- Getting good reviews for The Iceman.
- Being a public sex object when you're still practically a child generally isn't a recipe for good mental health, viz. Drew Barrymore, Britney Spears et al.
- I just can't believe all this "she was a cunt" stuff. She's had issues but she doesn't seem like she'd have it in her to behave really badly or be a diva.
- [R213] I know you meant more than just those 2 examples but Winona isn't exactly like Drew and nothing like Britney, Drew was introduced to the Hollywood party scene when she was literally a child (not an adolescent) and Britney is just dumb white trash, Winona is 50 times smarter than her.
- And my belief about the reason for her career hiatus following the shoplifting debacle (which I think was down to being on heavy prescription drugs and possibly the local courts throwing the book at her to make an example of her) was because her career was going downhill a it anyway, her last 4 films were Autumn in NY, Lost Souls, S1m0ne and Mr Deeds (3 of which were turkeys, 1 only made money because it was an Adam Sandler film) and scandal certainly would't have done her career any favours. I also read somewhere she couldn't get insurance for working on films due to her felony conviction. Plus she broke up with Matt Damon around this time So it's understandable she may have wanted to lay low for a while.
- Can you imagine her as Jackie O. in the HBO film Grey Gardens? Her agent was sent an early script and angrily said he wasn't showing it to her and they were not interested. The GG creative team was a bit stunned and confused and then realized that in that version of the script a teenaged Jackie is introduced in the film shopping at Saks.
Noni's team was insulted by what they thought was a crude stunt casting offer.
- [R218] Where did you hear that?
- She was pretty good in The Iceman.
- I was in the room, r219.
- [R221] Which room?
- Lindsay Lohan has done ten times worse shit and is far less talented, and people are still willing to give her a chance to come back.
It's interesting how desensitized to "irregular" behavior we have become as a society in less than two decades.
Ryder was crucified over that shoplifting shit.
- Maybe it was because Winona hadn't done anything wrong before and was thought to be a good girl. With the likes of Lohan and Paris Hilton it's really not surprising
- "Ryder was crucified over that shoplifting shit."
Actually, the shoplifting incident simply brought out into the open the fact that she was very mentally disturbed and had a drug problem. Before that she'd maintained an image as a well-adjusted, smart, "edgy", original young actress. There were plenty of rumors about her thievery and promiscuity, but the shit really hit the fan when she got nabbed for shoplifting; that really brought all of her serious problems out into the open.
I heard that when she was arrested, she tried to excuse her behavior by saying she was slated to play a shoplifter in a movie and just stole around $5000 worth of merchandise as research for the role.
- [quote] Lindsay Lohan has done ten times worse shit and is far less talented, and people are still willing to give her a chance to come back.
[quote] It's interesting how desensitized to "irregular" behavior we have become as a society in less than two decades.
[quote] Ryder was crucified over that shoplifting shit.
I think it's more a case than Ryder had enough banked not to have to resort to fare as low rent as "The Canyons".
- Are there actually people on the DL who don't believe and/or don't know about Noni's many years of cunty, druggy, slutty behavior?
Her slutty thing wouldn't have been a big deal except that it was extreme, even by Hollywood standards. Her druggy thing was also extreme but not by Hollywood standards.
She didn't shoplift because she was high, she'd been doing it for donkey's years and not just from stores - from everyone around her. It's a very particular psychological profile. It had nothing to do with breaking up with Matt Damon and his sweet, sweet ass. She and Damon split right after the Oscars in 2000 (March), almost two years before the Saks arrest (Dec 2001). Ryder had been a klepto long before Goop introduced her to Damon in 1998.
This is all gossip 101.
- Is it true she and Christian Bale slept together? I am wondering why they weren't in a relationship - two disturbed kids, a match made in grungy heaven.
- Ana Gasteyer from SNL tells of how Ryder engaged in her kleptomania right in front of her. Gasteyer had a bowl of jolly ranchers in her office and Ryder asked if she could have some. Rather than taking a few, Ryder took several fistfuls - she basically emptied the bowl.
- How was her sluttyness extreme? Gangbangs?
- If she asked for the jolly ranchers then she didn't steal them. Sheesh.
- Ana Gasteyer tends to be a little full in the face, so Winona's taking all her candy worked out very well for her.
- "This is all gossip 101"
But does that make it true?
- I mean where's the evidence for these outrageous claims?
- She's gorgeous and smart. I would love to see her do a quality TV series, something like Damages.
- "She's gorgeous and smart."
I never thought she was a great beauty. Her eyes were good, but that was before they got that crazy look.
"Smart?" Would somebody "smart" say something this dumb:
"I read biographies of the greats, and they were so messed up that I thought I`d better mess myself up. But I couldn`t. I`m too small."
She also has no guilt about the shoplifting. Apparently she thinks stealing isn't something to feel guilty about:
"I didn't have this tremendous sense of guilt because I hadn't hurt anyone. Had I physically harmed someone or caused harm to a human being, I think it would have been an entirely different experience."
- I think she looks stunning here. I don't think her comment is stupid, R236 - Sad, but not stupid.
- Winona and Julia Roberts from about 20 years ago.
- "I never thought she was a great beauty. Her eyes were good, but that was before they got that crazy look."
Well, that's just your opinion.
""Smart?" Would somebody "smart" say something this dumb"
I think she was quite young when she apparently said that (could be misquoted as well) and it's no worse than things Natalie Portman is supposed to have said. Do smart young people never ever say something dumb? I don't think it's that dumb, I don't think she really meant she suddenly decided to get messed up (though to an extent she kind of did anyway)
"She also has no guilt about the shoplifting. Apparently she thinks stealing isn't something to feel guilty about"
She didn't say she had no guilt, she said she didn't have tremendous guilt.
- She looks good in the pic at r237 but dare I say a bit heavy? esp in the face and arms. She's very thin these days.
- R240 - That was from two years ago. I think she looks better on the heavier side.
- No, R241. You say that about Jennifer Connelly, too.
- [R240] I kind of see what you're saying but I think it's a case of the camera adding a few pounds and she's a pretty tiny woman so she wouldn't looked heavy in real life.
But it's that kind of talk that's probably the reason she's a bit too thin now.
- Poor old bitch
- [R242] I'm sorry, you think Jennifer Connelly looks better all skin and bones than when she had that voluptuous figure and great tits?
- She was great in the Iceman....
- She once worked with the best directors, such as Martin Scorsese & Tim Burton, but she burned those bridges a long time ago. She has no one to blame but herself, & she will NEVER be the star she once was. Scorsese & Burton are both known to work with the same actors & actresses again & again, but haven't worked with Winona again most likely due to her cunty behavior. I remember liking her when I was young, but I do not miss her presence on the big screen at all. I see her now as a fraud, and compulsive liar. I think she fooled a lot of people into thinking she was this down to earth girl, but her true personality came out as a spoiled brat. If she was going to make a true come back, it would have happened by now, no one wants to work with her.
- Tim Burton just worked with her on Frankenweenie last year.
- Her Age of Innocence co-star Michelle Pfeiffer never worked with Scorsese again either, was she also cunty with him? And as for her and Tim Burton, well isn't the answer to that one obvious? Because she split up with Johnny Depp! And Burton did eventually use her again in Frankenweenie.
- Yes, R245, Jennifer Connelly looks a lot better skinny.
I'm glad Winona lost that weight. It looks weird on her, just wrong and sad, like Vegas Elvis. What she needs to do is to cut her hair (it's too long) and lose the crazy eyes (meditation?)
- Winona hates Natalie with a fiery passion, and still feels ashamed that she was portrayed as "washed up ballerina" in her ballet movie. She gets drunk several times a week, screaming "Why did I take that role? I feel so humiliated" and stuff like that. Very disturbing, dark stuff.
- "Jennifer Connelly looks a lot better skinny"
But if you're a gay guy, what would you really know?
- R251 Yeah, and I suppose she stabs herself in the face with a nail file as well.
- R250 - Jennifer Connelly does not look better skinny. I think Winiona looks good at either weight.
- And you know this how, r251?
- "She didn't say she had no guilt, she said she didn't have tremendous guilt."
Well, that's certainly a major distinction. She doesn't have "no guilt", she just doesn't have "tremendous guilt." Anybody who doesn't have much guilt about stealing is pretty well fucked up, because stealing is a very serious matter. You can end up in a jail a very long time because of it. But I guess she thought she'd been doing it so long she was immune to prosecution. Face it; your little Winona is a kleptomaniac, a drug addict and a slut.
- R255 Well R251 is obviously a wind-up comment.
- R256 I'm not saying it's OK to steal, but she didn't get away with it and she certainly paid the price for it (no pun intended) At the end of the day, no one suffered except her. The seriousness of theft depends on what it is, we're hardly talking about Robert Maxwell here.
- It wasn't just prescription drugs. She was found on the nod in her car with a needle sticking out her arm. You guys do remember that she was dating or least fucking Courtney Love for a while after she got Britney Muphey all strung out?
- R259 No that didn't happen, what it was was a police spokesman said "We don't want to find her slumped over in a car with a needle in her arm." (and I don't think he meant injecting heroin)
And she's straight, she doesn't fuck women.
- [quote]And she's straight, she doesn't fuck women.
You must be very new here. There have been rumors about her fucking women for YEARS. She's been very equal opportunity, sexually.
- R261 What rubbish! I've never seen any hint of lesbian rumours anywhere else.
- If you believe everything that's said here then there are no straight celebrities.
- Like I said, you haven't been long on DL. Ryder hasn't been a thread draw here for a long time but when she used to be (10+ yrs ago) there was plenty here about her.
And I didn't say she was a lesbian or "not straight", I said she was thought to be bi.
[quote]If you believe everything that's said here then there are no straight celebrities.
This is a gay board, if you recall. We discuss sexual behavior of celebs especially bi or gay ones.
- I've never seen any hint of rumours that she's into women as well as men anywhere else ever.
- "I said she was thought to be bi."
How?? Because of that one time she kissed Brittany Murphy in her car of front of paparazzi? That was a joke!
- She's straight.
- I am not, R252 - so I do really know!
- R268 OK, fair enough. I'm not gay either (I know this is supposed to be a gay site but I find celebrity gossip threads entertaining)
- well, I didn't say I wasn't gay, R269...But back to the main point Connelly and Ryder look better thin! Ryder's main problem is the crazy eyes.
- How does one develop crazy eyes? Winona's eyes were normal for most of her life, and now boom - crazy eyes!
- I think you become crazy - then the crazy eyes appear and do not go away
- I don't get this crazy eyes thing, she's just got big ethereal (and incredibly beautiful) eyes, she always has had.
And when you're on a red carpet with millions of cameras flashing, that's bound to make your eyes a bit funny.
- Those big blank eyes used to seem innocent but now they make her look psychopathic.
- I noticed the crazy eyes started around Girl Interrupted and never left.
- Those LChat lezzies are desperate to claim ANYONE, including this notorious cockhound.
- Winona has always had Crazy Eyes. Check 'em out in Lucas or Beetle juice. As somebody else said, when she was young they passed for soulful, but with each passing year the truth becomes more apparent.
- I think Winona is on low-dose Accutane...that's why her skin is preternaturally perfect. Low-dose is when you take like 10 mg twice a week instead of the 60 mg per day. Wish I could find a doctor who would give me low dose Accutane!
- who are these people who dont believe wynona is into lady love? What about her exploits with Christian Bale's Wife Sibi?
- Molly Ringwald has developed "crazy eyes" recently. I'm beginning to think that it's the constant flash from photographers.
- Good lord, Molly Ringwald is unattractive. Hard to remember her magical moment in the 80s when lots of young girls emulated her look and style.
- R279 Why should we believe she's bi? What evidence is there? Anyone could make up and spread "rumours".
Considering her hippy upbringing and the fact her career is much more low key now, if she was bi, wouldn't she have admitted it by now?
- Admitted it? It's not a crime to be bi.
- All right, wouldn't she have said so by now?
- Has she ever talked a lot about her private life?
- I think we would already know that she's bisexual by now. Winona did have a serious relationship with Depp.
- R285 Somewhat, she's admitted (sorry R283) to having insomnia, anxiety attacks, depression, briefly staying in a psychiatric unit, being mistaken for a gay boy and beaten up at grade school (due to having a short haircut and unusual clothes) and being home-schooled afterwards, her unconventional upbringing including the years living in a hippie commune.
- R286 What's that supposed to mean?
- Also she spent time in San Francisco growing and still has a house there. All in all, she probably has no problem whatsoever with gay or bi people and neither do her family and after the shoplifting scandal, coming out as bi surely couldn't affect her career, so if she was or had ever experimented, she probably would have said something by now.
- No, lots of people do not say anything re gay or bi. I think the younger set doesn't realize what it was like 20 yrs ago.
- But now times have changed and it's perfectly OK (even career-enhancing) but Angelina Jolie, Drew Barrymore and Amber Heard to say they're bi, but hippie commune girl Winona Ryder hasn't come out as bi? It's because she isn't.
- Oh and Anna Paquin too.
- Winona had a weird run. She was a nightmare, but she had a hippie childhood, has all sorts of mood disorder problems and may have borderline personality disorder. She was such a monster by the time she fell that she deserved what happened to her, but I'm glad she's been making a comeback of sorts these last few years.
- Can someone PLEASE tell me a doctor who will prescribe low-dose Accutane in either NY or DC?
Who does Winona see when she's in NYC? Who is her derm?
- And Megan Fox.
- Who is Megan Fox's derm? Is she also on low dose Accutane when she's not pregnant?
- R293 Again, more slander. But where do these rumours come from?
- What does low-dose accutane do for your skin if you don't actually have acne?
- R296 How would anyone here know, that's probably confidential information.
- Times have changed, but doesn't mean people who didn't talk about it before suddenly will. Some do, some do not.
- R298 - there are a lot of med. articles. It reverses photo-aging.
- Winona always had "crazy eyes".
- R301, what is "photo-aging"?
- she did not have "crazy eyes" here
- nor here
- the person who said the crazy eyes started around Girl, Interrupted may be correct
- Here's a link to an older DL thread about Noni. R1 is the infamous slew of blind items that Cosmopolitan collected and published about her.
- That's the same thread as this one.
- I like her hair here.
- Still, all these derogatory comments about her (she was nightmare/druggie/insane bitch/cunt) we the hell do these rumours come from? Have those of you saying these actually witnessed any of this alleged terrible behaviour or is it just malicious gossip? She just doesn't seem like she'd have in her. Sure, she's not perfect, had issues with anxiety, insomnia, prescription drugs, maybe she even was a geniune klepto, and she's probably had bust-ups with boyfriends and people close to her like most of us do, but has she really ever been bad in public or treated anyone she's worked with badly? She's admitted she doesn't like giving autographs, but in my book that's not being a total bitch.
- "*where the hell"
"have *it in her"
(sorry about the typos)
- It's shiny, R309, but it is too long. Should be just above the shoulder at the most.
- Black Swan was on the telly last night. What a TERRIBLE movie.
- I like her hair long.
"We don't need two threads on her but people hate her b/c she's a bitch. Mel Gibson is a thousand times worse but he managed to hide his psychosis and be thought of by most people in Hollywood as a "nice guy" She was just nasty in a mentally ill way."
I really would like to know if there's anything truth to all bad things people are saying this thread. I imagine no one here has actually witnessed the bad behavior that's been mentioned, some people who say they've worked in the movie industry claim say they heard all the gossip.
I want to know because I've had a crush on her for a long time, to me she's a truly beautiful person. I know she's not the best actress in the world and I know she's had issues - insomnia, depression, painkillers, been engaged 2 or 3 times, had many boyfriends (I see her as more of a serial monogamist than a slut) She's clearly quite a fragile person, I'm not sure how she is now. But all these alleged raging bitch antics... Could this woman really be capable of such behaviour?
- For example this R145 What were the stories? It's frustrating when people drop in something like this and can't bothered to elaborate.
- r315 - Incidentally, what are you doing here straight Wino Forever man?
Here's the collection of blind items, all meant to be about her:
The Bitchiest Girl in Hollywood: The Sequel
When we first ran a story about the star many people in the business secretly considered to be the biggest bitch in Hollywood, we couldn't imagine a meaner, more backstabbing woman. But now we've come across an actress who makes the first Bitchy Girl seem fairly tame by comparison. This crazy leading lady cheats, steals, lies-and, of course, sleeps with other girls' boyfriends. Listen in as the people who know her best spill their most shocking stories about how she used and abused them. It's no surprise none of them would reveal their names-Bitchy Girl loves to seek revenge, and she's damn good at it too.
Victim: Her Personal Assistant
I was so excited to get the job as [Bitchy Girl]'s assistant. I'm a couple of years older than she is, and I imagined that I would organize her office, read scripts, take care of her life...and that we'd be friends. And that's the way it was for a little over a year-she's very flighty and never knows where she's supposed to be, so I was like her mother/best friend. We would often hang out after work with all of my friends because she didn't have many. This for some reason didn't seem that weird to me back then-I just chalked it up to its being hard to make genuine friends as an actor. Anyway, I was taking her with me to parties, and she was really fun. We were the same size, and we shared clothes. She sometimes didn't return mine, but she always made sure that I put hers back in her closet the next day.
And then, practically overnight, she started getting jealous of my life and being weird around my friends. She'd put me down in front of them-and she even told my best friend behind my back that I'd better lose 15 pounds or I'd never get a boyfriend! I totally flipped out when I heard that. I only weighed 120! She started calling me in the middle of the night and accusing me of stealing her BlackBerry or flirting with a guy she liked. Each time, I would calm her down, but she'd always call back a minute later, screaming about something else. Then she told my mother that I was bulimic. It was a lie, but my mother was so worried that she almost staged an intervention. The day I quit was seriously the happiest day of my life.
Victim: An Actor
She was my girlfriend for a few months, and we had some good times, but she's so insecure and needy that we kept breaking up and then getting back together. Over and over, night after night...it was exhausting. Then I met this girl I really liked, so I broke up with [Bitchy Girl] for good. Or so I thought.
Whenever I went anywhere with my new girlfriend, [Bitchy Girl] would be there-drunk, carrying on, and causing a huge scene. My new girlfriend's also an actress, and she started hearing from casting directors that [Bitchy Girl] was telling them that my girlfriend had a coke problem and warning them not to hire her for jobs. This wasn't true at all. Finally she got psycho on someone else and left us alone. But my new girlfriend thought that if I was able to have had a relationship with someone as crazy as [Bitchy Girl], then I must be crazy too, so she dumped me.
Guest From Hell
Victim: A Hotel Manager
[Bitchy Girl] lived at the hotel I work at for about four months while she was in the process of getting her own place. At first everyone loved her-she's always be at the bar really late, singing, telling jokes, flirting, and leaving big tips for the staff. She started having some wild parties in her room and other guests would complain, but we would make allowances for her because the staff liked her. Then things spun out of control-she got into a fight with another guest in the lobby and took a swing at her. She got so drunk that she fell down in the bar a few times, and then she threw a plate of scrambled eggs at a waitress because she said the waitress was looking
- OK, I didn't notice that was all in r1 of this thread.
- I'm here because I found this while Googling her.
- R317 Actually that's different to what's said in R1.
- r320 - Yeah. Double oops. It's actually part of *another* compilation of blind items that Cosmo compiled about a different "bitchy girl." Cameron Diaz maybe.
- I'm starting to think no one else can be bothered with this thread because it's too old/long.
But I'd appreciate responses.
- R317 sounds off balance
- r324 - You realize that I cut and pasted an article in r317, right? I didn't write it.
- As for the reason her career went on hiatus after the shoplifting scandal, I reckon it was probably somewhat self-imposed because understandably she may have wanted to lay low for a while after being under the spotlight like that, her career was going a downhill a little (flops Autumn in NY and Lost Souls, a Razzie for Mr Deeds) and also she once said she couldn't get insurance for films because of her felony convictor
- Is she still rich?
- Saw her--let me think--in a remake of Mr. Deeds with the odious Sandler. On a flight.
Must be hard up for work, as he abused her terribly on film. Surprised she allowed such horrific, misogynist, and physically demeaning violence; she a lowly, contemptible stooge there.
See from thread she is forced now to play with overgrown US adolescents VV and the fatty.
Bad karma, Ms. California.
- R327 She must be, she still seems to wear lots of designer clothes (and NO, you wiseacres, I'm sure they they aren't stolen!) and owns several homes worth millions. She must have invested her money wisely (or just earns more than you'd think) and also when she sold her Doheny Drive mansion she made a good profit.
By Hollywood standards she probably lives quite modestly but by ordinary standards she must be rich.
I don't know what kind of money she made in her 90s heyday, IMDB says she was paid $2.8 million for Alien Resurrection (which must have been her biggest budget film) but that sounds too low.
- Of course Sigourney Weaver would have earned the most by far but 2.8 mil just sounds far too low (her name was next to Sigourney's on all the posters) even when you consider inflation.
- In fact considering her hippy commune upbringing she lives a rather bourgeois lifestyle.
- no, it sounds right, R330
- I do believe some of the blind items are about her, but I also believe most of her odd behavior was due in part to the drugs she was taking. She was on a lot of prescription drugs, and I know first hand that your personality can be altered greatly while on them. I had a relative's personality change drastically while on pain killers for an injured back. Hopefully she is not on anything anymore. I always enjoyed her, but she does seem kind of lost still, much like Britney Spears. I hope she can come all the way back, she did have a lot of star quality.
- "FIT TO BE TIED - the victim Her Personal Assistant "I had been working for this actress for about a year when she got the best job of her life. Before we left to film in Paris, the producers assured her she'd have a few days off before she had to start shooting. The entire flight, she was crying and asking me if she looked fat (keep in mind, she's a size 0). When we arrived, the movie's costume designer asked if she could come in and do a quick fitting. It would have taken two hours, tops. But because she was supposed to have a few days off, she became hysterical and called her agent and her manager and screamed at them. Without bothering to call the costume designer, she went to bed and wouldn't answer the phone or talk to anyone except for me for a week. They finally replaced her, and I ended up quitting a few months later - she was just to difficult to work for.""
Now what film would this be? It's not Godfather Part III because that was filmed in Rome, not Paris.
- Maybe she was just exhausted. Maybe she needed the time off.
- R333 - I don't think she's lost much skill.
- I'm still curious about where these bisexual rumours come from.
- What women has she been linked with?
- I will not let this thread die!
- She is playing a "crack whore" in her new movie.
- I think she's a biker chick or barmaid who is sidekick to a drug dealer (weird casting I know)
- How many DL posters actually work in Hollywood and have insider info?
- Is it true Gwenyth paltrow "stole" Shakespeare In Love from Ryder? Story has it they were pals and one day when Goop was hanging out in Wyn's apartment the script that Wyn was reading for SIL was on the coffee table and GOOP picked it up to read and then immediately called her agent and told them she wanted the role. The rest is history. Confirmation please?
- R344 Doesn't that sound a little far-fetched to be completely true?
- Winona was with Matt Damon and Gwyneth was with Ben Affleck at the same time, and both couples split up around the same time. I'd guess that's probably got more to do with how they drifted apart.
- I've heard that, too, R344?
And, "far-fetched"? We're talking about GOOP here. She'd have Apple made into a new setee for the living room if it meant a return-to-Hollywood style role.
- R347 So it's likely she'd really have never heard of the project until stumbling upon a script on Noni's coffee table?
- R347, yes that's the story. 344
- Or maybe she did see the script at Winona's place but was already aware or was being considered for the project and it was just suspected she'd "stolen" the part after their friendship ended for a different reason?
This whole "Goop spied the script lying there while Noni was making some coffee/going to the toilet/whatever and the next thing Noni knew, Goop was cast instead of her" just sounds like a big old rumour or something you'd see in a cheesy biopic.
- I'd love it then if some interview just randomly dropped the question in an interview with GOOP, "How did you first learn about 'Shakespeare in Love'?"
- Yes, if the producers'd even see Goop for the part in the first place, her agents would have known about the project. Shakespeare in Love was around for years before it got made. It wasn't some secret project.
- Why does Gwyneth use the name GOOP anyway? Doesn't it mean something slimy and disgusting? Remember that early Simpsons episode where Mr Burns moans about everyone bringing jello to his company picnic - "Some damn fool must have going around telling everyone I love that slimy goop!"
- One thing I don't understand is, she can still get work in fairly mainstream films (the biggest one being Star Trek) but it's always in small parts. Surely if she really burned all her bridges as some claim, she wouldn't have been in them at all. Or is she being "punished" by only being given non-leading roles? Does some big studio boss go "OK, Mr Aronofsky/Abrams/Howard/Burton, we know you're still fond of her, so we will let you have her in your film after all, but ONLY in a 4th billing-sized part at the most!"
I think it's probably just due to her being in her 40s. She never really fully made the transition into adult roles. She looked young and tended to play late teens rather than adult women when she was in her 20s. Now she is too old to play a teen but doesn't really have an adult image like other actresses her age. There aren't a ton of lead roles for women her age and there are a lot of other names that would come up before hers.
- I think Winona would be wonderful as a lead for a cable show.
- R355 Yeah, good point.
- If you're over 40 and can't play somebody's mother Hollywood doesn't know what to do with you.
- R358 - Hollywood doesn't, but cable TV does. There are a lot more good roles for 40-50 year old women on cable. Moreover, the quality of writing on cable is better than the typical mainstream movie.
- She might not be up for filming a TV series. TV actors often work longer hours for a more extended period of time than movie actors do, especially if they are the lead. I remember Hugh Grant turned down replacing Sheen in Two and a Half Men because he didn't want to work that much.
- Most movies are crap now, geared at children, dummies, or some mass world audience. She would be better off on a cable tv series.
- She has some mental health issues,IMHO
She was severely bullied during her childhood, grew up in a hippie commune which had no electricity and running water and has an internationally wanted drug dealer as her godfather.
She herself has admitted that she has severe episodes of depression and panic attacks. She was admitted to a psych ward, circa 1990 and ALMOST SET HERSELF ON FIRE after breaking up with Depp.
- R362 I think you're referring to this time she said she fell asleep with a cigarette in her mouth after having a few drinks. You make it sound like she tried to set herself on fire on purpose.
- How many people here actually work in the movie business?
Winona is 5' 3½" and very busty, can not do a British accent .
Goop is 5' 9" and flat chested, can do a historic English accent convincingly.
Who would you hire to play a male in an English historic drama/play.
I doubt Winona was ever considered to play that part.
- R365 Well Ben Affleck managed to be in it (though I can't actually remember what his accent was like)
- Winona looks beautiful
- [quote]The Beetlejuice star says she has a lot of respect and love for the older women around her in the industry, including Helen Mirren, who is actually her landlady.
Winona told the magazine: 'She and Taylor Hackford have this mansion and I rent a little cottage in the back. If I’m having a problem with the house, she’ll come up and fix it.
'She is everything you would hope she’d be: wonderful, warm and funny. I had to tell her I love Prime Suspect so much that, for 10 years, I stayed in hotels under the name DCI Jane Tennison.'
Wait. Helen Mirren is Winona's landlady. Can't Winona afford her own house?
- R368, maybe she hopes some of Helen's talent, screen presence, and late-in-bloom career luck will rob off on her by osmosis.
That anecdote sounds like typical Noni though: plain truth followed by a colorful lie. The truth is that she's a big Prime Suspect fan. The lie is that bullshit about signing her name DCI Jane Tennison in hotels.
Good to see the girl hasn't changed. (Hopefully she's not the same klepto still.)
- Is it not really true that celebrities sometimes use false names in hotels like Julia Roberts does Pretty Woman?
If it is true I hope Winona didn't include 'DCI' (Detective Chief Inspector - British police rank)
- She looks very, very skinny here. The weight loss is making her look older.
- She is a better than average actress, tons better than today's It girls, but I think she has a major mental problem.
- The hair and makeup also don't help R371
- Wow, R371, I didn't realize that was Ryder at first. I thought it was some old English broad and you'd linked to the wrong page. Eat a sandwich, Winona.
- R5 Depp is very nasty.
- Ryder's a terrible actress. Anyone who thinks otherwise has awful taste.
- She still has the crazy eyes. Like a deer caught in the headlights of an oncoming car.
- She could never, ever do a television show, Winona's too unstable. She'd go Full Ryder on everyone involved in about a minute.
- R378 What does that mean? Where do you all get these "crazy bitch Winona" stories?
- R375 Because??
Just Google Anthony Fox and Johnny Depp
- R145 R264 So what was all this about her? How bad was her reputation in Hollywood? Or does she just have a bad rep on this gay forum?
- With Christina Ricci. Cute.
- R383 Did you post that because Bob Hoskins just died or is it just a coincidence?
Winona doesn't tweet, but Christina Ricci tweeted her condolences:
"Bob Hoskins was an acting great and a wonderful, kind man. I am truly saddened by his passing. My deepest sympathy to his loved ones."
I believe her, I'm sure she has lovely memories of working with him on her very first project at the age of only 8 or 9 (though she seems even younger in Mermaids)
- Any of the people who commented earlier on in this thread, are they still here? I'd like to hear more from the Sony guy.
Can anyone tell me about when she was a big draw on DL in the past like R264 says?
- R264 Is there truth to the rumors about Winona and Christian Bale's wife (before they were married)?
- Just for the record, Goop was the actual thief.
- R386 This site is the only place I've ever heard anyone suggest Winona is bi.
- I have to know.
- Winona looks like Natalie Portman in that red polka dot outfit.
Stop it Wino, you never were considered!
- R385 Anyone?
- Never leave meds or valuables in your bathroom. Neverrrrrr.
And if Winona comes to your door bleeding, tell her to have a nice lie-down on the lawn while you call 911. Or just tell her you did.
- R145 R148 Anyone else heard these stories?
- EVERYONE heard these stories, R394, long before Girl Interrupted. Winona's always been a cunt and she's always been batshit crazy.
That being said, I prefer her to GOOP seven days a week and twice on Sunday.
- R395 And where's the evidence for the cuntiness? (I'll let the batshit crazy one slide because she's had some issues and this is not the kind of place where people discuss mental health with much sensitivity)
- And by "everyone" do you mean specifically everyone in the industry?
- And what are these "stories"?
- Come on, bitches...
- Over many years, from many sources, we have become aware that the stories about Noni are true. If that makes you unhappy and combative, there isn't much we can do for you.
- What stories exactly?
- The stories that she lies, cheats, steals, fucks like a whore (anyone, all the time and never enjoys it), slaps, hits, punches, yells, drugs, drugs, drugs some more and is out of her fucking mind. Those stories and more, now run along.
- She never enjoys sex?
- I'm not going to let this go, I really am curious about these alleged stories.
- Fine, you don't have to let it go. I'm letting you go.
- I'll just keep posting a comment every so often until someone answers.
- "slaps, hits, punches, yells"
It's just really hard to picture Winona Ryder being violent.
- So if these stories are true, how come the shoplifting arrest & trial only time she's had a public scandal?
Her career ended after her shoplifting and has never been the same. Nobody cares about her anymore.
- But the stories of bad behaviour people are claiming happened before the shoplifting thing.
- The stories of her bad behavior started when she started and they never stopped. She's an NPD/BPD, self-medicating nightmare to anyone she's not trying to hustle for something she wants. The shoplifting bust didn't change who and what she is, it just limited her opportunities to use and abuse people.
For anyone who doesn't know, she's been reading and posting here for years.
- There isn't much recently.
- You couldn't possibly know that!
- During the time she was with Depp, he and his PR team wouldn't let any scandal shadow his rise to fame. So they probably could do anything and it didn't become a career ending scandal.
- She used to be popular, the Hollywood "it" girl of the time. She and Johnny Depp were considered the "it" couple, a couple of rebels crazy forever in love. Of course, that relationship bit the dust. Much was made in articles about her how "smart"(she reads beat literature!) and grounded(she doesn't drink or take drugs!) she is. But all that turned out to be a publicity smokescreen. Various blind items described her drug use and mental illness and kleptomania and promiscuity. And finally everything came out in the open after her arrest for shoplifting. She was a fraud. She was as fucked up as any other Hollywood starlet.
She's never really had a role of any substance since the arrest. She does a cameo in a major movies (Black Swan) now and then but mostly she's seen in minor, independent films. In "The Ten" she has sex in various positions with a ventriloquist doll. That's what she's been reduced to. And it doesn't help that she looks anorexic, has those crazy eyes and looks like an old teenager.
- R414 But she broke up with Depp in about 1992.
- R415 She never claimed that she didn't drink or do drugs, she just said that she was never that interested drugs considering that she grew in a pot-smoking, LSD taking hippie environment. She once admitted she used to smoke pot in an interview. Her drug habit was with prescription meds rather than narcotics. And she's been quite open about suffering from depression, anxiety and insomnia, once doing a Diane Sawyer interview about it.
"Much was made in articles about her how "smart"(she reads beat literature!)"
The fact is her parents are bookish hippies and her upbringing was unusual (the years in the commune) so naturally journalists would pick up on this.
And saying she has crazy eyes is like accusing Angelina Jolie of having collagen lips.
- Trolldar R417 - holy motherfucking shit.
She's R380, R384, R385, R388, R389, R392, R394, R399, R401, R403, R404, R406, R407, R408, R410, R413, R416, R417.
That's either Noni's stalker or Noni herself and batshit any way you slice it.
- Holy motherfucking shit indeed, 18 comments in 3 weeks, how totally batshit!
What I find funny about this place is the way people act as if they have insider knowledge, as if gay men know things most people don't about showbusiness.
- Does Noni really have a stalker?
- How does Winona inspire such hate in some people?
- Very disturbing
- What is?
- OP imposes a false narrative. "Winona was treated badly after her arrest."
No. Winona behaved badly on sets. She didn't work on making executive friends. She has a lot of issues. Doesn't make her a bad person, doesn't reflect on her acting abilities. But she never sold tickets on her own. She never had a single hit as a solo star, even as a fluke. Katherine Heigl had a few hits and look at her carere.
Plus Winona didn't know how to develop material for herself and never had a good producing partner, so she was stuck taking whatever lead roles were offered to her that the other A-list females at the time had turned down.
I like her. Its nice to see her working. She'll work forever. Just not as a lead.
- She behaved badly according to who? Also she avoided romcoms, that's probably part of the reason she didn't have any big hits.
- Um, prescription drugs can be narcotics. And the ones she was taking most certainly were.
- R427 I meant narcotics as in illegal drugs like marijuana, cocaine, heroin and so.
- How many people on datalounge actually work in Hollywood or know people who do?
- Look, [R380], [R384], [R385], [R388], [R389], [R392], [R394], [R399], [R401], [R403], [R404], [R406], [R407], [R408], [R410], [R413], [R416], R417, R419, R420, R421, R422, R424, R426, R428 and R429, the Datalounge is not here for your crazed stalker behavior.
- I can't be a stalker, I live thousands of miles away from her.
- She did primarily make her name in ensemble pieces and cult films. Her voice is probably what holds her back now, and the fact that she still looks and sounds like an 18 year old, yet everyone knows that she isn't. I doubt that plastic surgery is the reason for that, her big eyes and pale skin (along with THAT voice!) make her a perpetual ingenue.
She faces a problem a lot of older American actresses face, though for different reasons. Winona just looks young, with little to no surgical enhancement or botox, but the American public knows that she isn't, so she's not going to get cast in Jennifer Laurence roles, because why would she be, she's too old, but those are the roles she "looks right for". I can't picture Winona being cast in the roles that Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman, or Kate Winslet (and she's older than Winslet) are cast in, because she doesn't look or sound like a woman in her late 30's to mid 40's.
I think Jane Fonda has a similar problem, everyone knows she's in her 70s, but she doesn't look like she's in her 70s, so no one will cast her as a woman in her 70s. Jane's had good work done, but why would you cast her as a grandmother when you could cast Judy Dench, Helen Mirren or Vanessa Redgrave, women who look their age.
- R431 = Winona's detached mindset.
- R432 - Actually Jennifer Lawrence is getting 30 something parts.
- [R 428] That reply is so ridiculous. Marijuana is not a narcotic. There is a difference between narcotics and drugs. There, you've learned something today.
That said, if you think marijuana is somehow worse than oxycontin or xanex, you're in the same delusional mindset as the aging Wino.
- So does that mean police narcotics divisions don't bother busting marijuana factories?
- Fuck Winona Ryder and Fuck you too
- R432, I saw her in Turks & Caicos, a British tv film, and she looked like a 40+ year old woman. It's her small features and like you said her voice that remind of a little girl a bit. But her face shows her age.
- It's me, the obsessive Winona fan/stalker (I'm not a stalker really) Last night I read a long thread on this site called Crown Princess MarieChantal.
There seems to be quite a few stories about Winona out there. To be honest, I don't know what to believe.
One thing people say is that she makes things up, of course things celebrities say can easily get twisted but one thing that does supports this argument is that she claims she took a homeless JT Leroy to an opera (JT Leroy was later proved to be a fake persona created by a female author) There's actually Youtube video of her telling this story at some event (and she doesn't look sober either)
I can believe the drug problem, I saw a video of her tottering through LAX, weaving noticeably and looking a bit like Michael Jackson. Her face mostly covered by a hat but I knew it was her because I recognised her assistant (a very short Asian woman) who had to hold her arm to keep her steady. This was several years ago when she got on a flight to London, became ill and had to be taken to hospital on landing. And also there's all drugs she had on her person when she was arrested, these are listed in the probation report on The Smoking Gun, I once mentioned on her IMDB board but one of her diehard fans dismissed it as a work of fiction and said they knew well about corruption in the California court system.
I always knew she was a bit messed up (are we all perfect?) but I'm thinking maybe how you interpret all the info about her depends on whether you have a positive or negative bias. If you don't like her you jump on every negative rumour or truth (she has had a lot of boyfriends, she admits to having mental health issues) if you like her, like I do, you decide that all the bad stuff is not the whole truth and there are good things about her. I don't even think she's the best actress in the world, but apart from her beauty (which many people are drawn to) I'm attracted to this real vulnerability and soulfulness she seems to have. I just find the stories about her being nasty (as opposed to being irritable because she's feeling out of sorts which most of us can be like to some degree) hard to believe. Directors and actors who've worked with her seem to like her, they speak fondly of her in interviews and she's often pictured hugging them.
- Bumpity bump
- Yeah, whenever anyone tells a story about her, why is it always a friend of a friend? Why do the people with first hand experience never say anything?
- If the blind item about keeping a puppy in a hotel room is true, does this mean any of the others are likely to be true?
The one where another, older actor says she claimed he was hitting on her when she was young, what if he was? (or behaving in a dubious way) I somewhere on one of her early films a much older and famous male co-star made her uncomfortable, my guess would be not Charlie Sheen but Dennis Quaid or Alec Baldwin.
- "For anyone who doesn't know, she's been reading and posting here for years."
How could you know, everyone here's anonymous.
- In interviews she says she's a technophobe and rarely uses the internet.
- A couple of hours in a room with a movie actor or actress would cure all but the psychotic of the fascination which results from a distance.
- Does anyone really suspect she's posted on DL before? Have any actors done this? Or is it really impossible to know?
- The second Blind Item "Fit to be Tied" can't be referring to Godfather 3 because that was filmed in Rome, not Paris. Winona also dropped out of Lily and the Secret Planting, but I believe that was going to be filmed in London.
- I think the older actor who she accused of hitting on her was supposed to be Rob Lowe.
- [quote]"For anyone who doesn't know, she's been reading and posting here for years."
[quote]How could you know, everyone here's anonymous.
I can't see her posting here, but someone who claimed to be in her circle of friends in the late 90s/early 2Ks posted here.
- What did they used to say?
- What is that gene that gay men have, where they just can NOT see that another human being, usually a glittered up, passed-around Hollywood drunk vagina, has no acting talent?
It's the same gene that made us laugh at Brett and Charles...
"I had 'Boobs', Gene..."
- I wonder if it was the gay friend that Mel Gibson insulted before he called her an oven dodger.
- Winona has a lot of talent.
- This psycho stalker is creepy as hell.
If you want to know what her colleagues really think of her, see how many producers, directors and actors worked with her more than once. That will tell you everything you need to know. (Or not, because psycho stalkers have an infinite capacity for rationalizing and denying what they don't want to believe.)
- R456 Tim Burton, Daniel Day-Lewis, James Franco, Daniel Waters (Heathers & Sex and Death 101) Al Pacino (Looking for Richard & S1m0ne) Denise DiNovi, Claire Danes (Little Women & American Quilt plus they were friends in real life) Woody Allen (who did Celebrity with her) wanted her for Melinda and Melinda
- Plus Keanu Reeves, Robert Downey Jr, Ben Stiller (she cameoed in Zoolander) Kirsten Dunst (Little Women) directed her in a short, Richard E Grant (who was fairly nice about her in With Nails)
- R451 Why does someone come along and something like this and then nothing more?
- With people she thinks can or will do something for her, she's fine. Sweet as pie, butter wouldn't melt, so charming, etc. etc. at least until/unless they get too close to her and see behind the mask. Everyone else needs to duck and cover.
- And have you seen or heard what's behind that mask?
- R460 Or else what?
- Anyone else?
- How do you know? How DO you know?
- This is all a bunch of bitter gay men slandering a truly beautiful and good person.
- R465 Nyah, sexual perversion. If you guys are gonna do that weird sexual stuff, do it in your own bedroom.
(picks up polaroid)
*Gasp* No feet!
- Please don't feed the stalker.
Noni's a cunt but nobody deserves crazy stalkers.
- I'm not a stalker and why is she a cunt?
- I don't care what you say about me, but don't just say horrible things about her without something to back it up.
- R451 I want to know more.
- You people are disgusting.
- If you knew what I had to deal with.
- BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPY BUMP!!!!
- R451 Can anyone tell me more?
- Come on you poofs.
- Come on you poofs!
- Just answer me and then I'll go away.
- Come on, please
- Please talk to me, I won't bite.
- I think I know R51
- She said in an interview that she rarely uses the internet but one time she googled herself and "had to be talked down from a ledge".
- I think I've ruined this thread now.
- Tell me about when someone who claimed to be in Winona's inner circle was on DL.
- Are any of the posters from the beginning of this thread still on Datalounge? (say yes if you are)
- R446 How would one actually achieve that without doing something crazy like stalking or kidnapping?
- Come on guys, don't be shy, don't be put off by this thread being nearly 500 posts long!
- Winona featured in Rag & Bone advertising. At least she cut off that long, horrible hair.
- She looks really cute.
- R492 That's a wig. I wouldn't call her long hair horrible but I miss her pixie cut days.
- How do you know it's a wig? She should cut it then. The long hair highlights her age and her crazy eyes.
- I saw photos of her doing that photoshoot in Coney Island, it's clearly a wig.
- Did you DL kids see this movie with Winona (starring, I think) with Bill Nighy and written by David Hare? Got a decent rating at IMDB
- Yes, I saw it. It was a TV serial rather than a movie (part 2 of 3) It was alright but Winona's character had a weird backstory, like something out of David Lynch.
- was it good, R498?
- It was OK.
- Winona caught bitcheritis from Shannon on the set of Heathers. No one will touch them now.
- Yeah, that's why Winona went on to become an A-list movie star straight after Heathers and Shannen didn't.
- R502... Bitcheritis is like Syphilis, it has an latency period and then BOOM, decades later you're a BITCH.
- Winona is not a bitch.
- Is that you Winona??? R504... trying to come back from the abyss?
- Like I would waste my time on a stupid fag site.
- Now I am even MORE convinced it is you... you BITCH.
- I mean SHE, SHE would waste HER time! Yes.
- She wouldn't say such a thing like that anyway.
- She's totally a bitch in real life. Or she used to be. She was a total little diva and mean. Maybe she's mellowed out a bit with age.
- SHE/(YOU) has/(have) more than enough time on her/(your) hands...
- R510 Sigh... Examples? In every interview or thing I've seen or read, she doesn't seem remotely mean.
- READ THE FIRST REPLY IN THIS THREAD WINONA... READ IT AND WEEP!!
- Oh and that's all true, is it?
- R510 How was she mean? How do you know??
- Come on, let's put this to bed. This thread was what brought me to DL in the first place. I'm not even gay.
- Do you want to know something? If you have an IMDB Pro account (I got a free trial) her Starmeter rating chart has never dropped below the IMDB Top 500.
Of course it was highest (#1) during her shoplifting scandal, but it's still impressive considering her much lower profile now. Lots of famous names drop from the top 500 to the top 5000. Like Robin Williams just before his death (he's been at #1 since then)
And IMDB explains that Starmeter ratings can't just be raised by little groups of devoted fans (such as the regulars on her board) or individuals doing tons of page views.
- Winona was on the widely reposted 4chan master list of the nude photo leaks, but so far no pics of her have surfaced. If none ever do, at least she can be flattered that she was on it despite being 10-20 years older than most of the others (and the oldest person on the list)
- It's really starting to look like Winona dodged a bullet regarding the nude photo leaks.
- I've had a thing for her for a long time, I just cannot believe that she is or was a true bitch, it would break my heart if this was really true. She might have had some bad times, but the blind items at the beginning of the thread I find too outrageous to be remotely believable. Like the throwing the omelette on the floor and screaming at the waitress.
She seems like a very sensitive and gentle soul and I am not just taking this from her movies.
- Happy 43rd Birthday, Winona!
- 43? Happy birthday.
- R510 How do you know? I just don't see any evidence for this myself.
- I had heard that she was a total bitch and sometimes actors who are like that, get what's coming to them.
Unfortunately, most of us reap what we sew...except for Bush and Cheney.
- R525 But where did you hear that?
- It was gossip that I picked up over a matter of years, mainly from rags or Movieline Magazine.
- Please tell me you were just watching "Beatlejuice" on television.
- I just read this entire thread and can't believe there was no mention made of Primus's "Winona's Big Brown Beaver"
- Can anyone on Datalounge give any anecdotal evidence at all (either firsthand or secondhand) of her being a bitch? Or being "nasty in a mentally ill way"?
- R145 Are you still around? (on this site, not Sony)
- R145 R148 R159 R201 R218 R227 R261 R293 R400 R402 R411 R425 R451 R460
Can anyone explain any of these comments further?
- She's nuts, too bad people started hiring her again.
- She's also talented.
- R526 probably from all the Gossip phoned in anonymously from Goop.
- I read a book by Richard E. Grant and he didn't say anything bad about her. He said she and Keanu were like brother and sister on the set of Dracula.
- They seemed to get on quite well. I wonder if she helped to get him cast in The Age of Innocence?
- I dont think bitch describes her best. Maybe being successful young gave her a sense of entitlement, as it usually happens. Never seemed like she had much talent, although she has charm.
- A lot of people on gossip sites seem to assume she's a "bitch" (or whatever derogatory term you want to use) because she didn't plead guilty to the shoplifting charges (of course the actual charges would have been slightly more complex than that) and didn't just throw her hands up and apologise for the whole thing. Instead she chose to retreat from the limelight afterwards rather than air her dirty laundry on the talk show circuit.
- Come on, come on, come on! I must get to the bottom of this!
- She is a scorpio and people simply can't handle it.
Most scorpio women crazy and dance to their own beat. It is extreemly off putting to ALL other starsigns in my opinion.
P.s i love her
- She's a Scorpio? I think they lie a lot.
- Yep she is and no they do not. They live in their own world and i guess they find it hard to express that view to others so they just dont. It puts people on edge. But i think thats a bonus to a scorp
- Either this thread gets to 600 or somebody tells me if there's any truth to the accusations of Winona being a bitch, hated in Hollywood etc.
- It is a matter of opinion sooooo you have your answer. No one knows her personally so if u think her actions mean she is a bitch then she is. And if u think she is fuckin awesome for her behaviour then she is.
- All I know is that she would be nowhere without that nosejob she had when she was young. She wasn't beautiful then just sort of ugly. The nosejob made her quite beautiful though. But still one is always looking at her nose - that's a sign of a nosejob too.
And, she's a really LOUSY actress.
- R548 Oh bullshit. If she ever did have a nose job it would have been a very subtle one and can't have completed transformed her face. Watch Lucas, her first movie, she still looked the same (big brown eyes, delicate bone structure) albeit a 13-year-old version.
ANYWAY, that's not what I want to talk about. See R532
Does anyone know any more about any of this stuff?
- She was in a movie with Corey Haim and he's dead. So make of that what you will.
- Beetlejuice fans - we’ve got good news for you! Winona Ryder is the latest original Beetlejuice castmember to confirm that the 1988 campy supernatural comedy will be getting a sequel! During a HuffPost Live appearance at Sundance to promote her new biopic about psychologist Stanley Milgram, Experimenter, with Peter Sarsgaard, the actress all but confirmed the much-anticipated reboot.
- R264 Does anyone here remember this time?
- She is a liar!
- She is STILL so pretty!!!
- This was WR's nose in Lucas. It might have been shaved off because there's another pic of her in school out there.
- This is her young school pic
- This is later. I actually think her and Angelina Jolie went to the same rhinoplasty surgeon btw.
- Noses change in adolescence.
- Most noses that change during adolescence do so because that's when one is old enough to have plastic surgery! Her wide set eyes look so big because she used to have a big nose like all her family members do.
- I don't really care if she's had a nose job or not! Let's talk about the other things said in this thread before it gets to 600.
- Anyone got anything to say about the posts mentioned here R532 ?
- You know what, despite what some others try to claim, I believe Winona is a very sweet and kind person. She had her personal demons but I do not believe she's even been genuinely nasty to anyone.
- I'll give her this: she was here making a film and a young girl went missing. Ryder donated $200,000 as a reward.