All Threads by Date
The Sex Trade At Cannes
A businessman -- and Gadhafi associate -- who was convicted in a 2007 prostitution ring bust reveals all the dirty secrets of how models (and even some Hollywood actresses) swarm the hotels and yacht parties during the fest: says one escort, it's "the biggest payday of the year."
Like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and Sharon Stone, Lebanese businessman Elie Nahas was once a regular at the Cannes Film Festival.
But since his bust in 2007 for his part in the most explosive prostitution scandal in the history of the festival, Nahas, 48, can't leave his native Lebanon. He hopes that his eight-year prison sentence, slapped on him in absentia by a French judge after a trial in Marseilles in October, will be overturned on appeal this year, but he's not overly optimistic. In fact, he also is fearful that if he leaves Lebanon, he'll be picked up by Interpol.
Nahas, who owns a Beirut-based modeling agency, used to work as a right-hand man for Moatessem Gadhafi, the playboy son of Libyan strongman Muammar Gadhafi, Nahas' longtime pal. It was during this time that Nahas was arrested on charges of running a prostitution ring that supplied more than 50 women "of various nationalities" to the younger Gadhafi and other rich Middle Eastern clients during the festival. Moatessem was killed with his father in Libya in 2011.
The women ran the gamut, from full-time escorts to models to beauty queens, and they serviced men in hotels, on yachts and in the palatial villas in the hills above Cannes, police said. Philippe Camps, a lawyer for a Paris-based anti-prostitution organization that was a civil plaintiff in the trial, tells THR that some of the women were brought to Cannes under false pretenses and coerced into prostitution.
Police broke into Nahas' room at the city's famed Carlton hotel in August 2007 and arrested him after a lengthy investigation involving wiretaps, which helped them identify Nahas and seven others as key members of the vice ring. (Prostitution is legal in France, but soliciting, whether with advertising or on a street corner, is not.)
Nahas remains bitter about his arrest and subsequent conviction and denies he was running a prostitution ring. He says he was unfairly singled out in a sea of rich players who move in and around the Cannes Film Festival's second-biggest business after movies: sex.
"Why me?" asks Nahas during a phone interview with THR from Beirut. "The police know what goes on during the film festival, and they turn a blind eye. But they went after me. Why? Because I worked for Gadhafi."
'They Can Make up to $40,000 a Night'
Every year, women ranging from what the French call putes de luxes (high-priced call girls), who charge an average of $4,000 a night, to local streetwalkers, who normally get little more than $50 or $75 an hour turning tricks in nearby Nice, converge on Cannes for what one Parisian hooker calls "the biggest payday of the year." The influx is hard not to notice. "Hookers stand out in Cannes. They're the ones who are well-dressed and not smoking," tweeted Roger Ebert in 2010.
"We all look forward to it," says a local prostitute in Cannes who goes by the name of Daisy on her website but declined to give her surname. Daisy is one of many independent escorts who have their own websites and usually avoid going to hotels and bars -- except during the festival. "There's a lot of competition because there are so many girls, but the local ones have an advantage. We know the hotel concierges."
The local prostitutes, says Daisy, routinely drop cash off with concierges at the town's top hotels. In return, if they are lucky, concierges sometimes steer clients their way. During the 10-day festival, an estimated 100 to 200 hookers stroll in and out of the big hotels every day, according to hotel sources.
Nahas says the money can be bigger than most people realize. The most beautiful call girls, he says, know to target the high-end hotels "where all the Arabs stay."
- "They can make up to $40,000 a night," says Nahas. "Arabs are the most generous people in the world. If they like you, they will give you a lot of money. At Cannes, they carry money around in wads of 10,000 euros. To them, it's just like paper. They don't even like to count it. They'll just hand it to the girls without thinking. I know the system."
The serious action starts after 10 p.m., he says. Call girls sit in the lobby, and prospective clients check them out.
"It's all done with hand signals," he says. "The guys signal their room numbers with their hands and the girls follow them."
The Organized Rings
Some of the "luxury prostitutes" come as part of an organized ring, the type of operation that police said Nahas ran, and others fly in small groups on their own, mainly from Paris, London, Venezuela, Brazil, Morocco and Russia. Still others take advantage of the other big event taking place on the Cote d'Azur, the Monaco Grand Prix, and rent hotel rooms in the town of Beausoleil, just behind Monaco, and commute between there and Cannes, a 40-minute drive.
Nahas denies he was running a prostitution ring but admits he arranged for women to come to Cannes during the festival. His job, he says, was to pick them up at Nice International Airport, bring them to the port at Cannes and place them on small boats that took them out to Gadhafi's yacht, the Che Guevara, and other luxury vessels.
"I was not party to anything else," insists Nahas. "I don't know what took place between any of them. I had no part of it. They may have just been there to talk and have fun."
Until his 2007 arrest, Nahas was best known for throwing a $1 million birthday party for Moatessem Gadhafi in Marrakesh in 2004. He paid Enrique Iglesias $500,000 to attend and flew in Carmen Electra for $50,000, he says. Kevin Costner also attended.
"Gadhafi never touched Carmen," says Nahas. "In fact, she was a little angry because she felt he didn't pay enough attention to her. But Gadhafi was shy, believe it or not. Women had to make the first move." (A spokesperson for Electra could not be reached for comment.)
Nahas -- who was jailed for 11 months after his arrest in France then released for lack of proof -- says the younger Gadhafi sent him $25,000 a month to live on after his reputation was ruined in Lebanon and he no longer could work. Since Gadhafi's death, the money has dried up. "I cry blood for him every day," says Nahas.
When Nahas was arrested, police confiscated an address book that contained dozens of names and contact information for some of the richest princes and potentates in the Middle East. Nahas admits that he knew them all but denies that he procured hookers for them.
But even if he did, says Nahas, there are plenty more like him all over Cannes during the festival.
"Please," says Nahas. "Every year during the festival there are 30 or 40 luxury yachts in the bay at Cannes, and every boat belongs to a very rich person. Every boat has about 10 girls on it; they are usually models, and they are usually nude or half nude. It's drugs and drink and beautiful women. Go out on one and you'll see. The girls are all waiting for their envelopes at the end of the night. It's been going on there for 60 years."
- The Envelope, Please
A "gift" contained in an envelope, according to Nahas and a number of veteran Cannes escort women interviewed by THR, is how prostitutes get paid at the festival.
"It's always a gift," says a Russian woman who oversees a Paris-based escort agency with branches in London and Dubai. "Clients are told to put the money in an envelope and write 'gift' on the outside of it."
Women installed on yachts in Cannes during the film festival are called "yacht girls," and the line between professional prostitutes and B- or C-list Hollywood actresses and models who accept payment for sex with rich older men is sometimes very blurred, explains one film industry veteran.
"You'd definitely recognize more than a few names from Hollywood," he says. "These are actresses who made bad career choices and fell off the radar. They tell themselves what they're doing at Cannes is OK, that they're just on dates with rich men, when the reality is they're doing what prostitutes do. But they like the money."
Carole Raphaelle Davis -- a longtime French-American film and TV actress (2 Broke Girls, Angel) who grew up in international circles in Paris, London and Thailand -- says few people realize that some prominent and moneyed society women spent many years as high-priced prostitutes.
Davis, who is married to TV comedy writer Kevin Rooney and divides her time between France and Beverly Hills, says she has two acquaintances who used to work the Cannes Film Festival as well as other exotic locales around the world. "I could never understand how they could do what they did," says Davis.
Davis says she has been propositioned by some of the richest men in the world but could never imagine sleeping with them for money.
She says the women she knew "traveled the world like jet-setters," and one of them eventually ended up marrying one of the richest men in France.
"This woman didn't even enjoy sex, she told me," says Davis. "But she didn't mind it, either. She didn't mind sleeping with men who were repulsive. She said it never lasted more than five minutes, so it wasn't that bad."
- I'll be looking for the B and C listers on the red carpet. Carmen Electra is a prostitute?
- Last year someone claiming to be RDJ stated that Hayden Panieterre was a "yacht girl," and that Diana Jenkins was somehow involved. Never know in Hollywood what is true and what isn't.
- This story about the Sex Trade At Cannes feels so far removed. Closer to home, I can go to any sex club in NYC and trade sex in the cans.
- Obvious why Lindsay's "friends" are all wealthy Arabs.
- "Obvious why Lindsay's "friends" are all wealthy Arabs."
Hey bitch, I've only shown my camel toe ONE TIME!
- So, uh, where can I pick up the beautiful and semi-famous guys?
- I am at Cannes all week! The new face of Jimmy Choo's and your go to girl for glamour. No sex for me though. Those days are just for Keith and Sunday.
- R8, I assume that there are plenty of "yacht boys" in Cannes as well. Right, OP?
- " He paid Enrique Iglesias $500,000 to attend and flew in Carmen Electra for $50,000, he says. Kevin Costner also attended.
"Gadhafi never touched Carmen," says Nahas."
So did he fuck Iglesias or Kostner? I'm guessing given the payout, it was Iglesias. Electra's relatively paltry fee was just for beard duty I'm sure.
- Meh, it sounds like everyone involved is an informed, consenting adult.
- Is this the one that fucked Jorg Haider?
- Richest man in France - Salma Hayek's husband & Salma is C list
- R11 " He paid Enrique Iglesias $500,000 to attend and flew in Carmen Electra for $50,000, he says. Kevin Costner also attended.
"Gadhafi never touched Carmen," says Nahas."
So did he fuck Iglesias or Kostner? I'm guessing given the payout, it was Iglesias. Electra's relatively paltry fee was just for beard duty I'm sure.
Wow that is so obvious now that you say it. Beautiful work. So to speak. I've never liked that, the atmosphere that exudes from it. Love the film selection though, but the festival itself always seemed very toxic. And Nice, Cannes, Monaco... Those are places I wouldn't be caught dead in.
- Salma Hayek seems like a very obvious giveaway. I am shocked. My girlfriend loves her (despite the huge tits) and her midget stature.
- Just to clarify, Salma Hayek's hubby also knocked up Linda Evangelista.
So does that mean she was an escort as well?
- I heard that Salma Hayek was bi, is that true?
- ok i'm just gonna assume everyone in this pictures is an escort...
especially bai ling, georgia may jagger and cara dedroppedcocaine
- Could be that Linda Evangelista is also a hooker at Cannes. I still love her though. Salma otoh....yuck.
- R19, and the beauty mark on Cindy Crawford is really just herpes in makeup.
You can get one of those beauty marks too at the baths for free.
- I always thought Hayek was a call girl when I saw photos a long time ago of her doing yoga on a yacht on some middle eastern's guy lap. I'm sure she couldn't maintain a luxurious lifestyle on her acting salary.
- [quote]Could be that Linda Evangelista is also a hooker at Cannes. I still love her though. Salma otoh....yuck.
Salma's husband is the father of Linda's son.
- Salma's family is very wealthy though...and I have honestly never heard anything about her escorting. She comes from one of the wealthiest families in Mexico. I know for a fact that Tara Reid now works the Cannes circuit. Pamela Anderson does as well.
- Salma Hayak reportedly comes from money, a wealthy Mexican family. And she's made real money in Hollywood, especially from producing "Ugly Betty".
She's in a position to hire yacht girls and boys, not to be one.
- [quote] I know for a fact that Tara Reid now works the Cannes circuit. Pamela Anderson does as well.
Who'd pay for these two old slags when there are stunning models? It can't be that that they're "famous."
- Honey when I saw Bai Ling on the red carpet for Gatsby I didn't need a 10,000 word essay about whores at Cannes. I bet Lindsay Lohan is really pissed she's at Betty Ford and not at Cannes getting paid.
- Hayek's family is not luxury life style kind of wealthy.
- Linda Evangelista once famously proclaimed she would not get out of bed for less than $10,000.00 a day. So R20, assuming this story has legs, I would surmise Linda would not get into bed for less than $10,000.00 a night?
- There are some Victoria Secret models who make an appearance regularly. That Delevigne creature who uses cocaine. She is at Cannes right now. Walked the red carpet for the Gatsby premiere. She's not the only one.
As I have read in some gossip blog and observed myself, there is a loose kind of "order" on the red carpet. The D-listers and arrivistes parade the carpet first. Then the Jury members and distinguished guests come thru after the wannabes and riff raff. Then the last group, the film that's premiering, all the studio big shots, producers, the director, actors etc.
- Linda still a goddess, hooking or not. The others? Slime. Sorry, just the way I feel.
- Actresses hooking at Cannes has been going on for a long, long time.
The most famous and successful yacht girl ever is supposedly Grace Kelly.
- I bet Lisa Vanderpump got her start as a high-class hooker.
I wonder if Kim Richards and Taylor are for hire?
- I wonder if Faye Resnick was one of the Cannes girls?
- Absolutely Salma got with her Frenchman as a former prossie/ call girl. Absolutely. She was looking to never have to worry about money and got it-- married a billionaire.
- I have no doubt Rich Arabs pay a lot of money for sex, but let us not get carried away beyond that.
A lot of fantasy being spewed on this thread.
- Yolanda Foster
- r34 most likely. Also did you know that Faye is black & Filipino? I honestly did not know that. There's pix of her on the net when she was black.
- I can see Brandi Glanville working the Cannes circuit.
- J'adore Cannes!
- [quote]Like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and Sharon Stone
One of these things is not like the other. I wonder if they're hinting that Stone is a high priced whore. Including a has been like her with the two biggest stars in the world is interesting.
- Faye Resnick hates her black side. Her nose looks absolutely ridiculous. Why do black people do the pinched nose in plastic surgery (Latoya Jackson like)? Salma H's dad was an oil executive, if I remember correctly. They had servants, cooks, nannies, etc.
- Yes there are high priced call girls, but there are so many "models" and actresses who are semi-famous they over run the working girls. Lohan is a perfect example and so's Tara Reid. Rich pigs love the ones who have a "name."
- Publicity whore Nicole Kidman looked stunning in Dior but the hair was all wrong. I love that it's common knowledge now that Pam Anderson, Lindsay Lohan, and Kim Khardasian all will have sex for money as their MAIN source of income.
- Cindy can get girls and line up endorsements every day for a week.
- Don't forget paris hilton too. she "meets" her "fans" for the right price. Apparently there was a billionaire in Japan who paid a lot to meet paris hilton and several other "celebs"
- Why were Frieda Pinto and Solange Knowles at Cannes?
- To get jobs and to give a job, actors trade favors to Bobs.
- Do you remember a while back when Lindsay Lohan got "stuck' in France at Cannes because her passport was (allegedly) stolen?
I don't think she was supposed to leave the US, being on parole.
But her lovely African-American attorney, Shawn Holley, got her off yet again.
Maybe LiLo had a trick in Cannes she couldn't leave. Granted, I don't buy the idea that Lindsay is an upper class prostitute, but something is odd with her finances.
After all, Holley--the best attorney she's had--took her back as a client after LiLo paid off her $200,000 debt
If I ever fuck up badly, I want Shawn Holley's phone number.
- I've told this story before here. I know a guy landed in the South of France and an hour later was asked on the street if he wanted to be paid to have sex with any guest (male or female) who asked at a wedding reception on a superyacht. He said 'sure!' And off he went to adventure.
When you're young, built and wildly beautiful the world really IS your oyster.
- Cannes isn't only for prostitutes and wannabes hooking up with rich men, it's also to "be seen." Solange is releasing an album. Her brother-in-law is an executive producer for Gatsby. She got to go to Cannes as part of the Gatsby entourage to party and be seen. She's not a party girl/prostitute, but she'll never walk a red carpet without her connection to Beyoncé and Shawn.
There are a lot of actors there pushing their latest film at the film market which is where the real action is in Cannes. They actors, producers, directors, filmmakers go to network and try to meet financial backers for their projects.
Salma's hubby was having an affair with Linda Evangelista. They met thru his fashion house. It overlapped his time with Salma when they first started dating. he chose Salma, and Linda sued him for child support. Neither Salma nor Linda were fucking men like the hookers who do Cannes. Pinnault was the scion of a huge fashion conglomerate. He was a "catch" and Salma landed him.
If you go to the Daily Mail's website, you can see the whores on the red carpet, and yes, you are right, Paris Hilton will do anything for $$$ and drugs.
Bai ling, Tara Reid, Lindsay are the bottom of the barrel. Paz De La Vega is there too. But there are some "models" and actresses who'd surprise you.
Not the Freida Pintos, but the third rung down the ladder, familiar names & faces who have had a career "lull" who are meeting "producers" to see if they can (cough) jumpstart their careers. Think Elizabetta Canalis, George Clooney's old "girl friend." And yes, young men are definitely part of the scene.
- R51 needs to keep naming names!
- Je t'adore Cannes!
pute de luxe
- Cara D. heading to a boat party:
- Cara has a pig face. Don't understand her career has a model at all.
- Cara's no really much of a model. She is into coke and partying and sexual favors. She will have a very short shelf life. She was smart enough to hire a publicist so she gets some media play a la Paris Hilton. Paris always paid the paparazzi and the media to cover her. Now, they aren't even interested in Paris for $$$.
- Yes, I'm wondering about Charlize Theron, before she became successful?
Cameron Diaz was a model before she was an actress.
- Je suis "shocked."
- It really isn't that difficult to pick them out. Linda Evangelista is very highly paid and a respected model. She's one of the Supermodels like Cindy Crawford. It's very likely that Dior or Chanel or one of their other sponsors has them there to make appearances. They get paid to show up and strut around. They are promoting something.
Much different from the pointless "I'm here to party" behavior that's so obvious from Cara Delevigne, Bai Ling, and others. Go look at the Daily Mail or the Getty Images photos of who shows up and walks around.
Read some of the gossip blogs about the parties, to see who hangs out on the yachts. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to determine who is play for pay, and who is there for a legitimate purpose. Foreign press will usually have better gossip than American.
- Didn't Charlene write a song about this? Something about getting fucked on yachts in the South of France.
- D52, Stacey Keibler, "serious actress," do spill about your time in Cannes and how you really landed your boyfriend.
- Paris and Cara are 'partying' together in Cannes.
- Saw a pic of Cindy Crawford with her arms around another pretty girl, dressed in a tux, on Towelrod. Who's the other bi lady?
- I'm bumping this for more dirt!
- Who would pay $40k for cunt? It's everywhere for free.
- R63 Link please?
- Grace of Monaco screened five minutes of footage and was met with yawns.
- Cara Delevingne is from an incredibly privileged, very glamorous, almost royal and undoubtedly wealthy background. Joan Collins is her godmother! So, I'm not sure she's a B or C list actress who feels the need to prostitute herself with rich Arabs.
Why the fuck would Mick Jagger's daughter be a prostitute?
R51 doesn't have any real info, just guessing.
- [quote]Read some of the gossip blogs about the parties, to see who hangs out on the yachts. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to determine who is play for pay, and who is there for a legitimate purpose. Foreign press will usually have better gossip than American.
Does anybody have good links to the best gossip sites that spill the shit about Cannes?
- You KNOW Marilyn Monroe had a few turns as a "yacht girl" in her day.
- [quote]Neither Salma nor Linda were fucking men like the hookers who do Cannes. Pinnault was the scion of a huge fashion conglomerate. He was a "catch" and Salma landed him.
EXACTLY. Men don't marry "whores" or "yacht girls." They are the exact OPPOSITE of a wife, in fact. Aging sex bombs and supermodels frequently flock to billionaires; Naomi Campbell is presently dating a Ukranian who's one of the richest men in the world. Trust me, she's not attracted to him for his looks.
I can't believe so many of you are shocked, just *shocked* that high-priced call girls flock to the hangouts of the rich and famous. I mean, Jesus: put on a nice suit, head solo to any five-star hotel in New York, London or L.A., and I can practically GUARANTEE you will be approached by a prostitute, probably of Russian descent. Ditto Wynn, Bellagio or any better Vegas hotel. It's happened to me more times than I can count.
And no, the story is not at all the same for "rent boys." They're much more discreetly procured, usually from ads and/or (these days) Grindr. That's how Calvin Klein ended up with porn star trash instead of a "C-list actor." In Europe they're sometimes "pulled aside" by middlemen at gay clubs on Ibiza and whatnot and asked if they want to "party" (translation: sex, and usually drugs, with rich guys).
- "Why the fuck would Mick Jagger's daughter be a prostitute?"
Jagger is a cheap bastard with a lot of kids, and I doubt he's giving each one enough money to lead a life of idle luxury. If his kids want to party at Cannes, they'd probably have to find alternate means of financing the trip.
And some of you seem to think that any female who is seen at Cannes is there as a prostitute. No, even on the yachts, some are there for work, some are there as wives or mistresses, some are actual guests, some are bimbos picked up for free, and some are being paid to fuck.
- R68, you say that Cara is from a privileged background etc, how do you know there is still money left? A lot of these people just put on a facade and have no access to CASH. They many have a name but that's it.
- Here's some photos of Paris with Cara (the Jagger girl is also captioned as in the car with them in a later picture).
Why does Cara always make that stupid face?
And is Paris ever going to grow out of this? I mean she's 32 years old and going out with a 21-year-old boy and partying with 20-year-old girls?
Wouldn't you just get bored of that lifestyle at some point?
- R14 Salma Hayak's husband is indeed very rich, but Bernard Arnault has twice as many billions as he.(Francois Pinault)
- Do you think Kate Capshaw allows Steven Spielberg to get blow jobs? Maybe they like to take separate younger lovers and feel young again. Harvey Weinstein is so gross!
- This doesn't surprise me at all. I would imagine the "sex trade" is pretty active at all sorts of events - business conventions, political conventions, Super Bowl, etc.
- This thread makes me throw up a little bit in my mouth.
- I wonder if Hayden Panettierre is there, though she just got back together with that boxer guy Vladimir, so maybe not.
Does anyone believe that BI supposedly about her, that she's basically a call girl and that woman Diana Jenkins is her pimp (and sometime lover and mother-figure)? It all seemed very far-fetched, but there were photos of Diana on a yacht (!) with big weird bruises on her butt.
Google "Diana Jenkins Yacht" and you'll see a photo of them.
Apparently Diana Jenkins single-handedly saved her husband's banking business, using mysterious tactics with wealthy Arabs that were never brought to light. And he paid her billions when they divorced. Hmmm.
- I wish we'd stay away from CDAN's bs items. Everyone else does, ie, the "Diana Jenkins" story which CDAN hinted was RDJ, and it never was. Complete bs.
- Let's talk Salma for a minute. Yes her father was an arab oil exec and they had servants but that was in MX where everything is much much cheaper than living that kind of high life in the USA.
Salma has always been considered "beautiful" and her ex-bf's were reasonably attractive, so why does she hook up with an old billionaire?
I mean it's obvious. Possibly not a yacht girl but also possibly could have been one in between gigs.
Plus the pix of her seen on an old fugly Arabic guy's boat after her & Edward Norton broke up were telling.
- More dirt please.
- Hey R80, I'm sure the source for the CDAN blind item was *not* RDJ -- I'm with you there. But with regards to Diana Jenkins and Hayden P, where there's smoke there's fire.
I'd say they're both shady, though probably fractionally as much as the CDAN BI would have us believe.
Agree? Or do you think someone dreamed all that up?
- R66, Cindy does look gorgeous (and I'm straight) but check out the pics of her with the 2 other ladies in the middle of the page, among the group of 24 pics. Who are her friends? I did a double take when I realized the tuxedo-wearer was another girl.
- R80, R83, Thanks for your post. I always wondered about RDJ and CDAN and Diana Jenkins and her special book, Room 24 or whatever with all of the celebs.
- This is JMHO, but if the "Diana Jenkins" story was true how come no one has found DJ on twitter or fb? She's an anonymous person.
As far as Hayden Panties, her mother was a soap opera actress and her father a fireman. Her mother - stage mother so it's possible she sold her daughter to wealthy arabs for loot rather than DJ, whomever that is. Just like Dina Lohan.
- R71, Living in Vegas, I was once asked by a male friend if I thought that he looked like a "John." I said, "No, you just look like a man." He wanted to know why he always got propositioned going to a dive casino during the day.
Reality in Vegas is that there's tons of hookers everywhere. Many of us who wear the de riguer club dresses or minis and heels also get constantly bothered. There's tight security in the better casinos but if girls are gambling or buying drinks, they're not asked to leave. Still top nightclubs regularly get fined thousands or even closed down for drugs and prostitution. By the way, many of those in room service get constant offers as well.
- R86, Just google Diana Jenkins and Room 23. Tell me if you think she's a skilled entrepreneur and philanthropist or if she has a double life and other occasional ways to make money. She quickly went from refugee to luxurious homeowner.
- r88 show me her fb and/or twitter page. Then I'll believe she's a real living breathing person.
- R89, There are pics and many entries online, including countless media articles. Not everyone chooses to use FB and twitter, especially if they're over a certain age. All of Clooney's FB pages are from anonymous fans, and he doesn't use twitter either. That's just one example of an older celeb avoiding standard social media. Diana Jenkins isn't in her 20's.
- Hey R89 here's a linky for ya.
She is a very *ahem* interesting woman.
- Ok, she is very interesting. But even more interesting is her ex-husband.
BTW is Sanela Diana Jenkins a Muslim? She's from Bosnia.
- DM has a great piece on Sanela, she pretty much is a pimp.
- Ok the DM says she is a Muslim.
- R89 I find it interesting that you are so dismissive of any possibility that Diana Jenkins not only may have some shady dealings but that she actually exists, being that google is right at your fingertips. I'll have to hit that troll-dar thingy.
Everything you need to know is out there.
Her bogus philanthropic endeavors (that were investigated and said investigations summarily ceased without explanation), not to mention her banking and organized crime connections.
Doesn't take a genius.
As to the yacht 'girls'? Hell yes. And you'd be so surprised who's still involved.
It's not only about money for some. It's a game and some need to feel that they've still got it (and make and easy $100,000 a pop), as absurd as that sounds, and is.
- r95 sorry I did not sign my posts at r92 r93 & r94 but I am wrong. This is r89 btw, yes I was dismissive till I read the link at Wikipedia, she exists, and I found out more info about her, hence my links. She is as skeezy as the day is long. Does she have anything to do with Hayden Panties being a yacht girl? Could be.
- So what's the real reason all those high profile celebs agreed to do her book Room 23? Weren't they worried about their reputations, if she has questionable associations? Is it really now chic to make $100,000 a pop AND to spend $100,000 a pop as well?
- Ah, R96, I see. Yes, Diana is a piece of work and no one knows that better than her ex-husband. No loyalty among thieves, where he was concerned. Bribery and extortion is her game.
International banking and money laundering.
It's personal, and in my opinion, she's deranged.
From what I hear, she's not all that healthy and I wouldn't put it past her to wreak havoc on her way out.
The celebs involved? She's got the dirt. She made sure she did.
Hayden? Just look at the pics online. She's nothing if not an opportunist.
- I should clarify, by my last line, I meant Diana is the opportunist. Everyone knew how screwed up Hayden was. Aren't they all that get mixed up in that shit.
High class downtown LA bus terminal? Pretty much.
- The Hollywood Reporter article consists of two separate reports, one on the real-life prostitution ring run by Elie Nahas and the second, titled "The Envelope, Please", with some "gossip" from an unknown 55-year-old actress called Carole Raphaelle Davis. This woman has links on her twitter to articles banging on about how the cancer pharma industry is pushing women to mutilate themselves for no reason and Angelina Jolie is just their dupe. I have questions about what Jolie did too but I don't think it's all a scam and I don't think she's a dupe.
In any case, Davis makes a claim not about an actress but about a woman. Because the article was previously talking about "Hollywood actresses" working as prostitutes, the inference from the way it's linked is that Davis is indeed referring to an actress when she makes the claim about a woman she knew who hung out with the international jet-set and rendered her services for cash and who is now married to one of France's richest men. This is probably designed to immediately make gullible readers think of Salma Hayek. But, Davis isn't talking about an actress. The writer of this article found a "juicy quote", which could in fact be made-up bullshit, and then put it in the article in such a way to make it seem like a Hollywood actress. In any case, this woman was not a friend but an acquaintance of Davis's. Would an "acquaintance" really tell you that about themselves?
Both Georgia May and Cara are wealthy in their own right and some of the current "it" girls (yes, I know it's a sad indictment of our times). They are actual models who will get photographed everywhere they go and bring in huge publicity for their modelling agencies and sponsors as well as for their own brand. They have fame and rich friends with huge yachts, they don't need to whore themselves out. And, there's no way Mick Jagger (or Jerry Hall) would permit his daughter to be a prostitute. Cara's family are wealthy and distinguished and friends with royalty.
The women who actually are involved in these prostitution rings are highly unlikely to have a career outside of "escorting", to be independent, have their own agent, be recognisable, etc. Women working in these "jobs" have their lives tightly controlled and restricted. The rich men who pay for escorts or prostitutes want discretion and women who are not going to be instantly recognised. They don't want some famous party girl who's photos going to appear all over the internet and the Daily Mail the next day. They don't want someone who's chased everywhere by the paparazzi.
At link, a much better article about Elie Nahas and his prostitution ring.
- Cannes? Kelly Brook must be there. Unless she is having a year off
- Cindy Crawford almost exclusively dated women at one point (right after her marriage to Richard Gere). I am shocked that she has been married for so long. They must have some sort of an arrangement.
- R102, What type of girls does the still very beautiful and elegant Cindy Crawford seek out? Who and what is she into? Who were the girls in the pic posted earlier in the thread, especially the one in the man's tux?
- Rande Gerber (Cindy Crawford's hubby) and George Clooney have been dating for some time. The girls George dates and drops are actually for Cindy.
- R105, How do you know that's true, and not just some made up gossip from one of the sites with a questionable reputation?
One would think that the still highly admired and physically very appealing Cindy Crawford could find more than enough girls, whatever type she prefers, to fulfill a million years of fantasies. I can't believe she'd want the low-rent types that Clooney seems to favor either.
- It's common knowledge that Stacey Keibler was a friend of Cindy's and she introduced Stacey to George. That's the public line, the "how did they meet" backstory they peddled when George took up with Stacey.
- Why does two women being friends mean that they are a lesbian couple?
- R107, So how did Cindy Crawford meet Stacey Keibler? Why doesn't Cindy pick a girl from the current crop of beautiful models and Victorias' Secret offerings, like Leo DiCaprio. I'm sure many would find Cindy "quite a catch."
- I don't know but sometimes I think the stars start the gay gossip themselves. If people are curious about them, they talk about them. How much gossip do you hear about Tom Hanks?
- eyewitness account of a Cannes Yacht party. fun read w/pix
- R50,I had a colleague who I'm pretty sure "enjoyed" that sort of life (if you call it a life).
He arrived in Nice at 18 (and then Cannes, if i remember correctly), became a waiter or bartender and lived there for a few years.
I met him some 6 years later and he just behaved like a former escort. We work in public administration( he eventually quit) and he once said that "knowing how to party" was key as a job skill.
A tad off-tpic, but I also heard a story about a guy who worked at a holiday resort, and apparently if you came into a room to do the bed and the client was naked and sported wood, you were kind of expected to blow him/aleviate him in some way. Another guy I met who worked in the same industry referred to himself as "a prostitute" (this guy was about 50)
- Canalis is a former velina, a Berlusconi bimbo who appears on TV and usually ends up as secretary of whatever on his government - possibly bunga bunga as well
- Sort of related to this thread topic, this story about Patrick Dempsey's vacation just mentions in passing that his family vacationed with Cindy Crawford's family this March.
So Dempsey in the same circles with Gerber and Clooney?
- A loooong time ago back when Carmen Electra was married to Dave I remember there being rumors floating around that Carmen and Cindy were partaking in some love in the afternoon over at the Bev Hills Hotel. Anybody else remember hearing that?
- r115 - this thread is about those B & C list and under actresses who are hooking. They're not regular prostitutes.
- I would rather romp around in a field with ORB! GO ORB GO!
- I thought this was gossip about the topic Sex Trade in Cannes not speculation and unsubstantiated rumors about Cindy Crawford. There's another thread for celebs we believe are gay. And FYI there are several pretty well known fashion models, legitimate high paid models who are lesbians. That is no joke.
This thread is about the sex parties and the prostitutes who are also "models" and "actors" earing some side money and "networking" at Cannes. I have heard the decadence is absolutely astonishing and would love to hear about some of the sordid details. Are there no blogs that talk about the sexcapades at Cannes? It seems there should be.
- Apparently Cindy is attracted to cheap, fake porn stars since she hit on Jennaa Jameson once (according to her book.)
- [quote] Hey bitch, I've only shown my camel toe ONE TIME!
That's lasted for, what, eight years now?
- here's what i know: Cindy is bi. Randy is bi also. Salma is a bisexual lesbian...ventana rosa! duh? Cameron Diaz has always been "ambitious" starting out used her looks to her advantage. and those pics that photog tried to sell, extort money from her. were taken with her consent she used a fake ID to appear older, etc.
Jennifer Aniston is also a bisexual lesbian. Brad Pitt is str8 but loves bisexual chicks and yes that includes fishticks who was semi out as a lez at UCSB.
Hayden is not an escort, never has and never will.
Ed Norton is gay and has a thing for latino muscular guys, not tatted thugs. there is a difference.
Oh and Scientology does scout and recruit gay up and coming actors.
- MORE, 90211 "Four Seasons" (R121)! MORE!
- r121 sounds full of shit.
- bumpity bump
- [quote]yes that includes fishticks who was semi out as a lez at UCSB.
As *if*! I swear, I go to *one* Indigo Girls concert with a girl with a crush on me, and all of a sudden I was a "semi out lez" during my brief stint in Santa Barbara. You people need to take rumors with larger grains of salt! Which reminds me: Mario (Batali, of COURSE) is making me a Black Sea Salt-crusted whole branzino for dinner tomorrow night after my weekly three-hour Bikram session. I invited Jon and Jen (Jon HAMM, of course) over so he can give me the behind-the-scenes scoop as we watch "Mad Men." Should be a blast!
- A bisexual lesbian? I don't think those exists. Either she's a lesbo or a bisexual, can't be both.
- R121, Ed Norton is not gay. He and Courtney Love fucked in the same bed sne fucked Cobain and Norton takes Viagara. All of your other crap is likely lies, too.
- some of us gay guys have sex with females. and r127 catch up we talking about ed Norton 2009 to the present
- I don't know what the last few posts has to do with the sex trade at Cannes.
- By bisexual lesbian, I think the poster meant bi leaning towards lesbian, right?
- R128, R127, If a basically gay man has sex with a female does that make him bi? Or at least bi leaning gay?
- Who's yachts are there? Who's yacht is Keanu on?
- r132 Keanu is on his own yacht given the boatloads of money he made on the Matrix Franchise and a net worth of approx $350MM
- Keanu has money but he doesn't spend it. He's had the same Porscha for at least 15 years. No. He would never buy a yacht. He would use a friend's yacht.
- I forgot to add, hopefully Keanu is paying it forward. employing his own "Yacht Boys"
- Are you morons from L-Chat or Lipstick Alley or CDAN and why do you insist upon coming here? You're not smart enough to post here. Go away.
- R136, Please do not dis other posters. We the readers have the intelligence to determine the validity of each post.
- I'm pretty sure Keanu usually expects a free ride but maybe I wouldn't know? I do think he watches his money very carefully. I think he would expect his host to provide him with party favors.
- Oh, R137, you have so much to learn about the DL.
So I don't remember what # post it was but there's some fucking moron here who thinks men don't marry hookers. Lady, you couldn't be more wrong. You would be shocked at how many rich and famous men have been and are married to hookers.
Also, keeping up an expensive Hollywood life can become difficult for any boy or girl in between acting jobs. Shows they think will last forever get cancelled, movie roles are hard to come by, but the mortgage has to be paid. Plenty of them turn to hooking in and out of Cannes. Yes, actors and actresses you've heard of, we've all heard of them.
Speaking of famous hookers these days, is Hayden Christensen at Cannes? He should be.
- R137 is an idiot
- R140, Apparently you have nothing better to do with your time and energy then to dis total strangers. Get a life, or die and leave the declining resources for the rest of us with brains.
R139, In every book written by a famous madame or callgirl, they always bring up the many retired hookers who married the wealthy, powerful and very famous. The main reason stated was that they wanted a girl that was into everything sexually that they desired, in an appealing package, and that they wanted "for free" what others had to pay for.
I'm surprised that the bi and gay men and women's sexual practices in the above books has not been discussed on DL. These include wild stories on Jack Nicholson, Timothy Hutton, John Ritter, etc.
- There is a huge myth propagated by pimps and madams that whores get to marry a rich man and live happily ever after. It's been the subject of novels since the 18th century at least. But the ratio of girls who "graduate" to those kinds of arrangements are comparable to the number of people who buy tickets vs. the number who hit the Powerball.
- R141, R137 was absolutely correct and you are absolutely wrong about him and about the DL.
Additionally, everyone you mentioned - and their taste in sexual behavior - has been discussed here, at length and in exhaustive detail.
We've been here for donkey's years, dear.
- R143, Thank you for your post. I am both R141 and R137 and I'm a girl.
I wished I'd known about DL for "donkey's years." Were those books I referred to ever discussed on DL? The rest of us "new asses" need to be enlightened.
- The girl in tuxedo with Cindy is Roberto Cavalli's wife, Eva.
- R145, Thanks for your info. Are Eva and Cindy more than just platonic friends? Crawford has frequently modeled for Cavalli, as has Clooney's ex-girlfriend, Eli Canalis.
- Not sure whose yacht that Keanu is on but he's looking kinda puffy.
- NY Mag put together a bunch of pics of early 90s Cannes and one of the pics had Carla Bruni in it which got me thinking... was her marriage to Sarkozy one of the escort lottery wins?
- r147 omg he looks awful
- Keith Urban showed up looking pretty on the red carpet. His hair and makeup are done so tastefully for a lady.
- Canalis just seems like a hooker to me & a yacht girl. I'm sure she'll go to Cannes.
Salma - as I said before, Daddy's money doesn't go as far in the USA so she got lots of plastic surgery, wound up in the USA through buying her way into it, but is also, most likely a yacht girl. We have seen the pix of her on one of the rich fugly arab guy's yachts taking her top off.
She married an old fugly white billionaire, if she had that kind of money she wouldn't have trapped him with a kid.
As far as the great Linda E., she didn't decide to name the baby daddy for a couple of years, so maybe he didn't even know. If you had your choice between Linda & Salma who would you choose? I'd choose Linda, Salma is awful. I think Linda had a falling out with him, which is why he is with Salma.
- R148, I was wondering the same thing. So where are these celebrated autobiographies written by "courtesans" several know-it-all posters have been crowing about? Give us a link.
- Keanu looks like a messy, fat drunk. He is doing a science fiction film with Reese Witherspoon? Yikes.
- I made tons of money when I lived in SF whoring myself annually at the Bohemian Grove gathering. I posed as a waiter to get in.
You wouldn't believe how many of the US elite love dick.
- r148 as far as Carla Bruni, her family is one of the wealthiest in the world. They own Michelin, she's an heiress many times over.
She's way richer than Sarkozy and has settled into her life as Mrs. Sarkozy for a few years.
- R152, Here's the 1st of the series of 3. The title is a takeoff of the also juicy "You'll Never Eat Lunch In This Town Again."
- On which pages does it talk about the large number of former call girls who marry rich men, r156? In which chapter can we read about the established actresses and professional models who supposedly prostitute themselves?
- R157, you're not old enough to read and post here. Sorry. Try iVillage.
- Names R154
- Great way to avoid the issue and so bypass the fact you have no facts, r158.
I guess the most interesting observation to be made is how so many gay men on DL see women as whores.
- [quote]I guess the most interesting observation to be made is how so many gay men on DL see women as whores.
It's called projection.
- R157, I read Madame Alex's book when it first came out, and was very young at the time. I have a fab memory but not of the exact pages that discuss what you asked. Of course I would not know the exact number of former high class hookers who became actresses or exchanged their "up for anything" sexual attitude for marriage to older, wealthy, powerful men of questionable looks.
- Thanks for the links r162. I've done a little internet search of my own on these books and there are lots of references to revelations about what the stars get up to with prostitutes, but nothing seems to come up specifically about established actresses and professional models working as prostitutes and then maybe even marrying the insanely rich men they have serviced. Since that would be the most "juicy" part, it's surprising there's no mention of it in online.
- There are male whores: Kellan Lutz, Colton Haynes, Chace Crawford.
- R163, You're talking about outing high level, extremely rich with lawyers on retainer, powerful people around the world for marrying former call girls? Well I suppose DL could make sensible guesses for you. I'll start with that "plastic barbie doll" that "accidentally" killed her comedienne husband because he wanted to divorce her, and there was a debate on who did more drugs.
- It's so odd when these rubes demand "proof!" on a gossip site.
They are evidently unclear on the concept. They find no amusement in, or enjoyment of, gossip. I wonder what they're doing here. Is it some form of masochism?
- No, r162, I'm talking about if, for example, someone says "this book has this stuff in it!", then that book actually does have that stuff in it. Or, if DL wants to make guesses they have some element of plausibility.
R166, I'd love to hear some good gossip, but all we're getting on this thread is rubbish!
Oh, and because the gay men on DL think all women are whores, they misunderstood the Hollywood Reporter article. Hint: it wasn't actually saying B- and C-list actresses or professional models act as call girls to the fabulously wealthy. There are prostitution rings there, however, and they are a far more fascinating subject than to think one's being clever by having a look at which drunk celeb girl's pic is in the Daily Mail, thinking "she's C-list in my opinion, she must be there to whore herself, I know because I read about that".
Just what exactly is going on at Cannes? Who are these fabulously rich Arabs who go there and what are they seeking? Who's jetting in at Nice Airport? Not the film people, but the peripheral show that clusters around it, using it as an opportunity for all sorts of other activities and exchanges.
- Is that how Janet trapped her billionaire? He'll is hot.
- Not sure who you are talking about r165 (Phil Hartman?) but comedienne means female comedian, fyi.
- His and hers prostitutes? His and his?
- R169, Yes, thank you, I was speaking of Phil Hartman, the comedian (not comedienne, oops.) Now R162 is going to ask which page of what book that I read that info. R162 needs to read the series of books that discuss call girls in Hollywood. Shouldn't be too hard to connect the dots, so to speak.
- R170 that picture is beautiful. $25,000 to have one hour dinner with penetration of Mr. Paris Hilton.
- [quote]It's so odd when these rubes demand "proof!" on a gossip site.
[quote]They are evidently unclear on the concept. They find no amusement in, or enjoyment of, gossip. I wonder what they're doing here. Is it some form of masochism?
This. Bears repeating multiple times on almost every thread on DL. Better yet, it ought to be permanently added to the masthead.
- Carla Bruni was really pretty before she fucked her face up.
- Has anyone read, "The Dark Heart of Hollywood" by Douglas Thompson? Since he's an entertainment writer, it sound like it could be very revealing.
- R173 ;) Show me the receipts.
- Hookers - Past and/or Present:
Candy Spelling, Carmen Electra, Michelle Pfeiffer, Demi Moore, Denise Richards, Salma Hayak, Melania Trump, Tara Reid, Nicole Richie, Kim Kardashian, Elisabetta Canalis, Hayden Panettiere, Lindsay Lohan, Tina Louise and many, many more that I'm forgetting.
For a treasure trove of rent boys and kept men:
- R177, So how did Melanie really meet "The Donald?" I hear he likes high-priced doms in NY.
- R178 I've heard before that Melania was a high-class ho before she met/married the Donald. Where there's smoke there's fire...
- When was Nicole Richie a prostitute?
When she was friends with Paris?
- [quote]"The Dark Heart of Hollywood"
That book must be longer than, "War and Peace".
- R181 the poster is a shill.
- R181, I am not a shill; I'm totally innocent. While googling call girls, Hollywood and marriage, to respond to a previous poster, I came across the above quoted book. It deals with the history of the mafia in Hollywood, and the writer sounds credible. I couldn't find any reviews, and wanted to know if anyone on DL had read it.
- R183 One guy in the UK has read it. However he did not understand the Amazon rating system.
- Thanks for the link. I'm surprised I haven't heard about it before now. Why the UK connection? There's so little info online, unless I'm not looking in the right places. The book sounds very juicy, especially if it's not complete fiction.
- Found an excerpt of a few pages from the book. Plenty of famous names are included. Is it all true?
- [quote]There are male whores: Kellan Lutz, Colton Haynes, Chace Crawford
Heard many rumors about Kellan Lutz being a pass around boy on a party yacht full of Turks. But NOT as a bottom. Never heard of a pass around top, so not sure what to make of it.
- R186 You should buy it and write a review. Then maybe someone else will buy it any you could earn some royalties.
- great thread
- R188, How would I earn royalties if I'm not the author? I'm just surprised that I've never heard of this book before today. I also don't see the expected reviews or summaries online for this type of salacious story. Again it appears to answer an earlier posters questions about call girls and Hollywood. The author seems credible because of his list of previous biographies of celebs. However I don't know why the links show the price of the book in pounds rather than in dollars, as if it's more popular overseas.
- I know enough about Salma and Salma's family family background to say that she is not a whore. There are times that she's had to rely on daddy's money, but its always been given generously. They are proud of her. However, she comes from a background where women are expected to marry rich, and, in my experience are usually not even attracted to lower income guys, no matter how hot they are. Fings, yes. Marriage, no. Many women from her class in Mexico continue to receive allowances from their dads even after marriage in the form of dress allowances, credit cards, store accounts etc. many Mexican fathers treat their daughters career almost like a hobby without expecting her to make a success out of it.
- What about the story that Salma was in a relationship with her own aunt while she was a teenager in Texas?
- Also, for the person screaming that Salma's family appears wealthy because its cheap to live in Mexico, you should know that her dad is an oil executive, which means that he is paid on an international scale, not a local scale. His rent, servants etc are actually paid for by the company as a benefit. He does not even have to pay for those. His wealth can however be judged by e fact that they are one of the biggest local contributors to the Catholic Church and to catholic causes. Salma herself has a pretty impressive and valuable art collection that she's put together with her own earnings. Much of it is housed in her family home.
- R180, yes it was when she was with Paris. Lots of young girls (including Kim Kardashian) hooked for/with Paris.
Richie's back on drugs but still seems to be managing her life pretty successfully.
Paris' current "boyfriend" is a pro.
- Never heard of that, R192. She lived with her aunt after being expelled from some catholic school in the States, but I think this was when she was about 10 or 11. And I think it had to do with her visa status, but I am not sure.
- R38, thanks. I've always knew suspected she was of color but nobody ever talked about it.
- R53, I think that's a misspelling. The French term is "Poul de Lux" literally 'chicken of luxury'. It means someone who likes and is used to nice things.
- R136 nails it. It is a troll.
- [italic]The Dark Heart of Hollywood[/italic] isn't due to be released in the U.S. until September.
- I don't understand why any man would want to marry a hooker. Wouldn't it be embarrassing to be married to someone that has slept with friends, family, business associates etc. for money?
- r194, is Paris's bf offering services to men or women or both?
- r201 if River is offering services to men please sign me up
I am always curious, where does one gain access to these "elite" escorts?
- R199, The Dark Heart won't be released until 9/13? Why is it apparently available in Britain first?
R200, The excerpt I linked to Dark Heart explains why nouveau-riche men show off that they don't have to pay for the same hookers that their friends did. It's a completely different set of values. Like, you guys know that my girl is fab in bed, and will do anything I want, kind of thinking. Of course, former call girls know to keep quiet of the man is less than a hot sexual prize.
- R202, "Elite" escorts work by referral and are passed around and compared. Getting the right phone numbers is like proving that you've "arrived," and in the many books quoted above, is considered the Hollywood equivalent of automatically getting your fav table at a restaurant or nightclub.
- [quote]I am always curious, where does one gain access to these "elite" escorts?
If you have to ask, you can't afford it.
- Please list the steps to procure an escort of River Viiperi's status.
- R206, I'm sure as always it's who you know.
- Many of Madame Claude's girls married well. But it's no wonder. She completely remade her girls, from clothes to speaking voice to intellect. Arguably, the most famous was Marella Agnelli.
To a lesser degree, some of Madam Alex's and Heidi's girls (e.g. Denise Richards) did all right for theirselves.
Speaking of the name Denise, this woman Diana Jenkins reminds me of the now-forgotten Hollywood socialite Denise Minnelli Hale. Both women from Yugoslavia with shady pasts who developed some very famous friends.
- I am not buying the Salma Hayek super wealthy family background. I remember reading when Roberto Rodriguez' wife helped Salma out with money. It takes A LOT of money to keep up appearances in Hollywood. I have no doubt she was a "companion" for some ....
- This Lady Victoria person is an escort right?
- R210 No she wears stuff like that all the time.
- r207, thank you for the tip. I'm looking for a step by step tutorial. How do pick up a male model for a date. If, say, one were not concerned about money nor location.
- R212, I've known (it was strictly platonic, by my choice) plenty of gorgeous male models who "date." How much are you willing to spend?
- Bruni's family DOES NOT own Michelin. They did own CEAT, another tiremaker with plants in India. The original plant in Torino was sold to Pirelli. The business was apparently handed over by the Bruni Tedeschis in the 1980s.
They are still extremely rich however but it has been rumoured (and I would even say confirmed) that Carla Bruni is the daughter by another man (hence might not inherit the Bruni-Tedeschi fortune?), while Valeria Bruni-Tedeschi is a biological daughter to the businessman.
It has been rumoured as well that Carla and Valeria's mother used to show her daughters off in Monaco in the hopes of them marrying Albert. Happily for them both, they didn't.
- R212, To pick up a male model, I'd first have to ask if you're likewise charming and good looking and well dressed, as well as having money to spend and giving off the correct vibe. Some hang out in upscale clubs, bars and restaurants with their friends. Others work through modeling agencies of various types. There's a thin line between potential employers and dates in networking. Best to be invited to the right parties with powerful players. Others work through modeling agencies of various types.
Easiest way to meet a model is to be in a position to hire one for a high-paying job.
- Salma's father is not Mexican, he's an Arab. Salma's had her nose fixed and who knows what else done to her. Her daughter probably has Salma's original face fwiw.
- Nah, R200, it's common enough and seen as a necessity in showbiz. The really rich men want arm candy for events and appearances, while in real life they're out banging whoever.
This has absolutely nothing to do with Cannes, but hookers and groupies end up as big-name musicians' wives all the time. A good friend of mine started working with a PR company that served Nine Inch Nails back in the 1990s, and that's how I learned NIN and other groups would pawn their traveling groupies off on MTV to be "interns" when they were done with them. One of the Guns N Roses groupies became an "intern" and worked her way up into Irving Azoff's employ and is now Neil Diamond's wife. The hilarious thing is that Diamond didn't know she was a former groupie until fans revealed it online.
My friend also insisted that Trent only kept male groupies around, at least in the 1990s. He didn't know anything about Reznor's current wife Mariqueen Maandig, but she was a party girl before her band took off, and she's been in Playboy, so...
If one has to pay, how much does it cost? How does that trade work, is there a fee, gifts, extended stays on beachfront property?
Years ago, I was scouted myself. While I'm not too sure about the way I look, others seem to be okay with it. Say a person meets all of your requirements, what does picking one up entail?
- R212, the fees depend not only on attractiveness, but on classiness, diplomacy and how high the 'status of exclusive' one's prior clients have been. There's no one way it's done. Some pay a one-time fee of $500,000 including airfare or cushy digs. Others offer "spending money" and perks for longer stints.
- Thank you, r219. 500M is a bit much for something I could do for free - if not reliably. Maybe I'd make other arrangements. Imagine if I were interested in say this model at the link.
This all truly fascinates me and I enjoy hearing more information and stories. If you have them, expect to find me appreciative.
- Nobody pays $500,000 unless the transfer of title of a condo is involved. Idiot! $10,000, $25,000 bess. Maybe even $50,000. By the way, whatever happened to James Wilder?
- R218, From what I have observed, and have been told, it's a very big manipulation game when it comes to money and gifts. Many times payee and receiver end up really resenting and even hating each other. There are a lot of power games going on as well.
Who's to say why one finds A better looking than B? People have different tastes, based on many different factors.
There are many ads on Craigslist Las Vegas for sugardaddies seeking male and female models and entertainers. Some are for private parties. Others require skills as bartenders or shirtless waiters. Room service waiters in the better hotels are constantly offered side "jobs" as well.
- Those that buy sex or arm candy have a very different view of money and time. I would compare it to needing a ride to a doctor's appointment. Do you ask a friend, and hope that he's reliable, or do you take a more expensive cab and have a guarantee that the ride will show up when you want? The more successful escorts are very good at "reading" their benefactors needs, exactly like a personal assistant to a high-level executive. Don't forget it's usually about buying and selling an illusion, or an emotional experience in a pretty package. Shocking how easy it is to puff up some wealthy people's ego with phony flattery.
- Yes, Carla Bruni does have a different dad than her sister. She did interviews about it a couple of years ago revealing who he was and talking about meeting him.
- "hookers and groupies end up as big-name musicians' wives all the time."
Rock stars and the kind of billionaires who have yachts at Cannes are very different, when it comes to marriage. Rock stars aren't that rich, are expected to be outrageous, and started life as the skinny geeks who couldn't get girls. They're okay with marrying trashy women.
Billionaires like Pinault, on the other hand, have a social standing to maintain, and business associates to impress. Why would one of them marry a former prostitute? They can afford to keep as many Linda Evangelistas as they like on retainer, while marrying someone socially impeccable.
- There's been plenty of billionaires who've married prostitutes. I forget the name of this one guy, but another one was the old guy who married ANS whom he met when she was a stripper.
- I've been told that the appeal of call girls to both billionaires and rock stars is that they're sexual desires will supposedly always be fulfilled, at any time or place. Marriage makes it that much more convenient and available 24/7.
- And they go away when you're finished, R227.
- R226, you mean Howard Marshall. Look at who professional gigolos Freddie McEvoy and Porfirio Rubirosa married.
- R228, Agreed. Also call girls, like the men who date and marry them, can relate to f*cking as animalistic, unlike more conservative girls. Many men are emotionally immature.
- Just a bunch of reptilians feeding off each other, by the sea
- Based on my actual experienced at Cannes, here are the facts:
1) The more famous and powerful you are, the LESS likely you are to pay for sex or use call girls. Most of the escort services are comped by rich and less famous or powerful people who are hoping to get into business or artistic deals with you.
2) the people who pay for sex and escort services usually are the rich but unimportant guys who are unable to attract beautiful young things through fame or position. Arabs and European industrialists are the biggest spenders. They know that the only way to rub shoulders with B- and C- grade celebrities is to throw the most glittering and loudest parties with plenty of drugs, drinks, and good looking bodies on the menu. Sometimes an A list celeb will wander over and that will be the highlight of their Cannes season. They always have a photographer on their payroll too. For most of them, this is the highlight of their year, and getting that arm-around-the A list celeb photo into a silver frame is what it's all about.
3) Most of these buisness types have event planner assistants who do the actual rounding up of beautiful bodies. These recruiters will often arrive a few days before their boss's yatch pulls in, and have a stable of beauties all lined up. The PA is also the person who the escorts go to for payment when the yatch is about to leave, personal gifts apart.
4) when you hear of a really powerful or famous person (e.g. Gregory Peck) getting married to an ex call girl, you can bet he knows nothing of her past, but likely met her at one of these parties and assumed she was a fellow guest.
5) the other big client base are the lone wolves - minor producers, agents assistants, screen writers etc, who rent pros and pay directly. For these people, Cannes is really a week away from their real lives and they live it up to the max.
- 6) it's actually difficult to define prostitution at the Cannes film festival. Starlets not only expect to be paid for their time, but are also getting used to the idea of goodie bags and free gifts. Most of them do not have sex with their rich hosts unless they want to, but will definately expect party favors in the form of expensive watches, jewelry and such. If a Lindsy Lohan or Paris Hilton is invited, and accepts, you can be sure that her agent and the host's PA have already worked out a renumeration agreement before hand. The gifts are extra tokens of appreciation. Most of these starlets and C level celebs have their entire schedule mapped out minute by minute by their agents. However, would you call a talent agent a pimp? Even a listers like Elizabeth Taylor were receiving gifts of appreciation till the very end of their lives from their admirers, but this does not really fall into the category of sex work.
- Sorry for the multiple posts - kinda difficulty to type in long posts on a tablet.
7) A good agent will make sure that a trip to Cannes pays off both professionally and personally. For his up-and-coming starlet, he will line up an equal mixture of events to go to - the important ones that will further her career, and the paid ones that justify the trip financially. The red carpet dress itself might be more than the air ticket and hotel room, so the more freebies they can get, the better. If she can stay on a Russian billionaire's boat for the entire week, excellent.
Male minor celebs have a much harder time in Cannes, since they are not paid the same way, and even if they have rich gay admirers, that kind of public association will not get them anywhere professionally. Its pretty much sink or swim for them. Sometimes, an agent will pair up a promising couple of clients (always male and female) so that they can share quarters. Hence many of the so called "bearding" relationships. However, well known male models live lives similar to that of female starlets, being invited for sheer eye appeal. I have seen far more male models with sugar mommies than daddies. Rich gay men are more likely to hire a rent boy for a few discreet hours than to have a good looking model type hanging around.
- Last post, I promise, and the point I initially intended to make:
8) People like Elie Nahas, the guy arrested at the beginning of this thread, are not, in my opinion, in the sex trade business. Their service is more in the form of a catering business, providing beautiful faces to adorn rich party hosts. Most of the rich who come to cannes don't live there, and so have no social connections there, which is why they often require such services. A pimp, for instance, will charge for sexual services rendered. However, these people get paid whether or not sex takes place (and it usually does not!)
9) funny story - I once went to a party where everything had been beautifully arranged by a single person (probably someone like Elie Nahas) - drinks, drugs, flowers, and lots and lots of beautiful girls. Flashbulbs going off all around. However, no one asked him to arrange for food, and he assumed that catering was being provided by someone else, so around 2 am, everyone was drunk or high, with nothing to slow down the process in the form of food. Finally one girl vomited on the carpet. As the smell spread around, it set off a chain reaction and everyone started to throw up - behind the drapes, into potted plants and garbage cans and ice buckets and the balcony. It was a mess. The host, (Russian)fled with his mafia entourage, leaving the guests to stagger out whichever way they could.
- Finally, some real dish and not baseless speculation. Thanks for posting all of that R232 to 234.
- Great stories, r235. Thanks!
- Great stuff R232-R235!! But, please tell me (or anyone on DL who knows): what is the story behind Gregory Peck. I'm not familiar with it and any insight you can provide would be appreciated.
- Very interesting stories. Thank you for posting. I'm interesting in the story about Gregory Peck and his wife. He was the epitome of respectable in Hollywood.
- Apparently he didn't know she was a prostitute? I doubt if that's true. He probably was glad she had been a prostitute. Do you know how hard it must have been to get a woman to provide interesting sex, back then?
- More about Gregory Peck ,I want to know what kind of interesting role R239 played in it.
- R232, etc. thanks for the posts, that's really interesting stuff. We don't mind if you post more!
- Most high-end catering companies today only hire attractive bartenders and servers. They're usually aspiring actors and models. I'm sure many of them get propositioned by guests and that money changes hands quite frequently.
- What role would I have played? I wasn't born yet.
- R238 - The story of Gregory Peck's second wife was fairly well known in the 80's when I first started in the business. According to rumor - the way I remember it being told - she was a very very high end escort, well educated, good background, with a "day" job as a freelance reporter. She was out escorting a client one night when she was introduced to Peck, and talked him into doing an interview with her the next day. And the rest is public knowledge.
However, all this was way before my time, I've never met either of them, so I can offer no verification, except what I heard. It seemed fairly common knowledge at the time.
R240 - the whole point of prostitution is that you dont have to MARRY her in order to get "interesting sex".
Like I wrote earlier, its very difficult to identify escorts at these parties, for the simple reason that many of them are so well dressed and have impeccable social abilities. Some have legit day jobs, but they will all claim to have one for their cover story, so they come across as perfectly legit. The only way that I can tell someone is on the game is if I see her often enough with different guys, but you have to live here for longer periods of time than most. Its easy to understand why some of them might end up married to high rollers without the said high rollers ever becoming aware of the lovely bride's past.
- Tara Reid & Lindsey Lohan know all about this.
- I want to know why any rich dude would want to fuck Tara or Lindsay.
- R247, Many rich dudes want to f*ck anyone famous for any reason. There's no accounting for taste, is there?
- Who the hell is Phoebe Price? She is at Cannes every year. Is she a whore, a a madame, a man?
- r249 Google is your friend
- I was in Cannes a few years ago at the Marina and the boats there are pretty amazing. Some of them are so cool. Real hi-tech looking. It was around the time of the race. Isn't that how Hayden Panettiere met Vladimir Klitschko?
- R250, I checked out your link and she appears to be a wannabe that's trying way, way too hard.
Am I right? What's with the way overdone makeup and the bad, bad Halloween-style over-the-top bizarre costumes?
- Is this how Harvey Weinstein met his current wife?
- R252 If my link does not work just go to DListed and search for Phoebe Price. It should give you all you need to know.
- She makes former Prez Nixon's grandsons' wife look sane. I feel for her nanny, pushing her dog in that stroller. Is the dog mentally disabled too, so that he/she can't walk?
- Hookers seek out rich men
Rich men seek out hookers
- R256 No news in the truth, no truth in the news.
- R248 How does one contact DL site managers?
- Did you see my razzle dazzle on the red carpet? Keith tried to serve me divorce papers but I sent him packing. I don't miss my kids! So much attention for me!
- R2458, Why would you need to contact DL site managers? What's your problem?
- I am stunned we are on 13 page and no one posted a juicy rumor from the current Cannes.
except of the 'Cindy Crawford may be fucking Roberto Cavalli's wife' variety.
- We don't seem to have many know it all's here. What a sad shame.
- R261. Overall Cannes has very little scandal or gossip worthy news. Most of the well known celebs have very tight schedules, and are literally put on display for about 15 minutes at the beach and spend the rest of the time watching the films or ensconced in their suites. It's a well oiled machine that is designed to create minimal disturbance for the locals. Gossip in Cannes is mainly about local people who no one knows in the outside world. The only celebs you see too much of are the D-listers who turn up year after year wearing the most outrageous costumes, and even that not gossip. Their desperate attempts to get themselves photographed and into the magazines just gets a shrug of the shoulder. The only real excitement at Cannes is the rare murder of a rich tourist.
- The most gossip I've seen is about Nicole Kidman yelling at her assistant for getting her the wrong food, lol. And Octavia Spencer refusing to do autographs, telling people not to talk to her.
- [quote]I've been told that the appeal of call girls to both billionaires and rock stars is that they're sexual desires will supposedly always be fulfilled, at any time or place. Marriage makes it that much more convenient and available 24/7.
Married women have such legal leverage that marriage is the worst way for a man to try to get laid.
That billionaires can be reduced to desperate beggars by random eighteen year-olds should tell you just how *scarce* good sex really is. Paying for sex, directly or indirectly, can never match what you get if you actually attract someone. It's always going to be a chore, which is why you get the "power games" referred to in another post, or ultimate animosity between the parties.
Prostitution is the dirtiest of businesses.
- I Cannes trade a blow job for blow.
Is that what you are talking about?
- r266, I think the poster means that if they want to get married for whatever reason (PR, ego boost, companionship, etc.) call girls will be able to fulfill sexual requirements.
Attraction might not be important to them at certain points in their lives.
I think it's an ego boost, and a way to quell their own insecurities, because they feel superior to a 'call girl'. Ironically, the higher end ones often have degrees and are more sophisticated than their husbands.
- Bump for Hayden Pantyhair
- Hey, I just mentioned this thread over on the second round of nudes thread. Thanks for bumping, I thought it had been deleted.
- The meat parade is back on. Any new movies worth looking out for?