- Dr. Ruth was an evil cunt.
- Racquel Welch
- Kate Jackson
- Kate Jackson was outed as being a hoarder, so sad.
- Andy Griffith was a notorious prick on the Universal lot while filming Matlock. Grouchy, surly and demanding.
Goldie Hawn is another I heard of being a complete witch in person.
- Don't forget to name the directors and the other non actors you can think of(politicians go without say).
- Keanu Reeves
- Marlo Thomas
- Bonnie Hunt is a horrible cunt. I've met her. She's rude and bitchy.
- Bing Fucking Crosby, too bad he didn't have sons like the Menendez Bros.
Richard Carpenter seems like a dick to me, he has a squeaky clean image.
- Anderson Cooper
- Keanu's an awful shit? No he isn't.
- Mary Tyler Moore
A friend of mine works at a hotel, she often stays at, and says she's constantly calling the front desk, and bitching, and complaining, about
everything. She's MTM, yet she wants to be addressed as ' Mrs. Levine'
(her husband is Robert Levine). A chair was in a different position, last time she was there. The bathtub water is not hot enough, and so on. I
always loved her, but these stories make me feel she's not 'Mary', she's
- Tom Hanks.
Alcoholic and rage-o-holic whose violent tantrums have been expensively hushed up. Rita is basically his minder/ therapist/ mommy.
- "Kate Jackson was outed as being a hoarder, so sad."
And that makes Kate an awful shit?!
What does Kate hoard? There's hoarding and then there's 'collecting'.
When a person's stuff causes problems in their everyday lives: they can't walk in their homes unless there's pathway, they can't have people over because clutter has taken over every seating area, that's hoarding.
- R12, any details you can share?
- R15, I find it very hard to believe that one day we'll be treated to a "sugar tits" type meltdown. Unlike Mel Gibson, insiders say Tom is a very beloved person. He also holds a powerful position inside the industry.
- It's entirely possible that no Gibson-style meltdown is in the offing with Hanks, r18, because he is very well "minded", with Rita and staff on hand (although apparently sometimes even that is not enough, and those are the occasions where cash has flowed to keep things quiet).
Hanks's people know how to spend hush money effectively, which just goes to show that it is possible to keep nasty things under the radar if you're smart.
The one thing that's hard to hide these days is the boozing, though, with all that bloat.
- Julianna Marguilies
- True story. I was a waiter in college (in LA) and Rita Wilson and Kate Capshaw used to come in to the place I worked. They always came in during the slow time (like 2pm on a Monday) and those two would gossip like mad. Rita was ALWAYS saying how drunk Tom was from the night before. I used to very s l o w l y refill the sugar caddy so I could hear...
Apparently, she made him sleep on the couch all the time.
- Is that a metaphorical couch or a couch in the master bedchamber? Don't the Hanks-WIlson's have a guest room Tom can sleep it off in?
- How about Matt Damon?
- R20, the bloat is not what is giving his boozing secret away. His incredible hosting gig for Oprah showcased him in all his drunken glory. He slurred and bobbed around, and Oprah was so calm about it. I bet she was well miffed on the inside though.
- Fred MacMurray from "My Three Sons." Seemed like the quintessential TV dad but was really cold and self-absorbed.
And I know posters here are on to her but I think most of her viewers still think of Ellen Degeneres as the new queen of nice - like Rosie O'Donnell before everyone found out what a fake persona she'd been putting on for years.
- Betty White owns this thread.
- R20 R15
A complete load of crap.
Even if Tom were what you're claiming, your scenario is an impossibility.
So just STFU.
- john stamos.
Open relationship with the ex wife,is bisexual and loves hookers,pool boys and cocaine.Oh and strippers.
- Joan Rivers owns this thread. Actually she rents it -- since she is too cheap to buy it.
- I cosign on Bonnie Hunt know people that worked on her sitcom. Total cunt.
Hanks is a good guy. Worked with him on That Thing You Do. Did not see any signs of alcohol at that time.
- Love that #30.
- Ozzy Nelson was a complete bitch to his own son. Poor Ricky, Ozzy was a heartless wretch.
- It would be easier to state the few exceptions OP. "Awful Shit" is the standard celebrity personality.
- Meg Ryan was America's sweetheart for a while, but I've never heard a kind word about her from anyone who's ever met her.
- Will Ferrell
- Laurence Fishburne
- Meg Ryan = "America's Cunt", not Sweetheart
- Matt Damon is legitimately liked in Hollywood and considered a nice guy.
Same with Keanu. Sure he has his problems, but he is universally considered a genuinely nice guy.
- Julia Roberts
- Alan Alda.
Get a life you fan gurl/boy. This is a GOSSIP thread. Go to Perez or Just Jared if you want to be spoon fed celebrity BS via publicists.
OP and r34
I do agree that this thread should be 'who have you heard is not an asshole'. Celebs are insane. Like politicians they are irrational egomaniacs. These are the kind of people we would've avoided like the plague at school. Well anyone with sense and a spine.
Just don't know why we forget this and put them up on these frigging pedestals like they are immortal gods. Sheez.
- Amen to that Julia Roberts cunt.
- [quote]Celebs are insane. Like politicians they are irrational egomaniacs.
That describes the human race. Famous or not.
- Details please, R37. I thought Fishburne was well liked. Enough so that friends tried to buy up copies of his daughter's porno so that the public wouldn't see it.
- r34 and r42, I'll go along with you so far as celebs being egomaniacs as a given, since the American Psychiatric Association's diagnostic manual actually comes out and says that characteristics that would qualify the average person for a diagnosis of narcissistic personality disorder would be just the normal characteristics of a highly privileged and/or famous person. So there's going to be a certain amount of selfishness, self-absorption and lack of empathy. I also think those are typical characteristics of people who make it to the top in any walk of life. People who have good self-esteem, stable personalities, strong moral values, and are capable of mutually rewarding and enduring relationships generally wouldn't want to put themselves through all that crap.
On the other hand, some celebs are definitely shittier than others. There is a difference between narcissism and being deliberately cruel, taking pleasure in humiliating and doing other people in or even physically and sexually abusing them, and not even trying to control themselves when they have emotional problems or substance abuse issues and just relying on the sacrifices of codependents to keep them going and clean up after them.
- I went on one date with Richard Carpenter (yeh, I'm a guy). I could not get out of there fast enough. He was very cold and controlling.
I worked with Marlo Thomas- a total bitch.
- When did you go on a gay date with Richard Carpenter? He's been married to a woman for years.
- I've always been fascinating by the real Marlo Thomas who by all reports I've ever read for years describe her as a horrid person. Not that I couldn't put it past her or thought she was a splendid human being based on the persona from her TV roles and liberal activism. Any examples or her bad behavior?
It would have been around 1977
- I've posted my Suzanne Somers story on DL more than once but I enjoy having the opportunity to remind the world at large that she's a cunt. Needlessly nasty just because she can.
- Lauren Chapin - Kitten, the youngest daughter from Father Know's Best grew up to be a whore.
- Kim Raver
- An old joke:
How do you know Bing Crosby was uncirumcised?
There was just no end to that prick.
- Johnny Carson was a miserable alcoholic with a nasty temper.
- [quote]Richard Carpenter seems like a dick to me, he has a squeaky clean image.
He is married to his first cousin and they have five children together.
- I have heard that Charlize Theron is a nasty, rude beeyotch.
I was once present in a backstage holding area with Michael Jackson and we were instructed by his aides ahead of time, to not look at him or speak to him. The people who worked for him seemed really afraid of him and said they'd lose their jobs if we did. One of my smart assed co-workers asked what would happen if we broke the rules and that's what we were told.
- I would have said out loud, so that Michael could hear me, that he was a son of a bitching, idiot. Why are people in Hollywood without spines? Does the mafia run that town?
Seriously, do all the ass kissers live in LA? It's revolting.
- I'm not surprised that stars and agents and producers are assholes, I'm surprised that everyone in that town just bends over and takes it.
- Will Smith
Miss Tammy Cruise
- Bill Cosby--mean, grumpy and all around unpleasant.
- Jim Carrey--un-medicated bipolar mess.
- "I'm not surprised that stars and agents and producers are assholes, I'm surprised that everyone in that town just bends over and takes it."
You may have heard the saying that they tilted the continent and all the nuts rolled into California. Well, an inordinate amount of tragic codependents and famewhores migrated to L.A.
- I worked backstage at a popular concert venue for almost three years back in the day, and I cantell you that the "Don't look at them, don't speak to them" rule was common and strictly enforced. Michael wasn't unique. But I usually didn't see aides to the famous quite as nervous as his were,so that stuck with me.
None of us wanted to be the cause of some poor grunt losing a job. Those "aides" usually didn't last beyond a few months or a couple years. It was the rare one who stuck around for longer. I'm talking about grunts and gofers who were low on the food chain.
- [italic]Tip the world over on its side and everything loose will land in Los Angeles.[/italic]
- Frank Lloyd Wright
- This thread is nothing without Reese Witherspoon.
- R49. Here's a Marlo Thomas story for you. I'm working a flight and the captain is making pa announcements about notable landmarks outside the aircraft (The Grand Canyon, Mississippi River, you know, noteworthy stuff that passengers like to see)
Ms. Thomas calls me over and demands that I tell that "goddamn pilot to shut his mouth". This was pre 911 so I took my key, went up to the cockpit and told the captain and he found it amusing.
When I went back to the cabin a few minutes later the captain was back on the pa again pointing out something and Marlo was furious. She called me over and demands, "did you tell the goddamn captain who I am and what I said?". I politely replied, "I sure did Ms. Thomas". Phil Donahue sat there quietly through out the ordeal with his nose buried in a book. Obviously pussy-whipped.
- What was he suppose to do, tell his cunt to shut up? She would have only gotten more obnoxious.
- Well, I think he could have said something like " Honey, shut your big fucking mouth before I slap the shit out of you."
- That's funny R68. It's amazing how celebrities think everyone should cater to their every whim even when they are fairly obscure or their star has faded. Hopefully the pilot kept his running dialogue up just to piss her off.
- I wish Lou the Stew would have told "Ms Thomas"...."yeah, i told the Captain and he doesn't give a fuck who you are, or what you said"
- Marlo may be a bitch but she was funny as shit as the bored housewife who hires Deuce Bigelow to come over and dress up in lederhosen.
**slinking off in embarrassment that I saw that movie**
- I would have said "Yeah, I told the pilot who you are but it didn't seemed to register. But then he's young, in his late 40's, so probably much too young to have seen your old tv show."
- That Marlo Thomas story reminded me of something a friend of mine, a waitress, told me years and years ago. For anyone who remembers the show Bonanza, one of the sons was an actor named Pernell Roberts who played the oldest son. He was appearing in our city (Philadelphia) in a play and was having dinner in the restaurant where my friend worked and she waited on him. He received a phone call and one of the bartenders came over to get him. He was totally irate at being interrupted and yelled at my friend "What did you do - tell people I was here?" She looked at him and said "how could I - I have no idea who you are" - I always thought that was a great putdown. He was typical of those C or D list celebs who think they are some big deal. This was years after Bonanza and no one in the place even looked at him twice. What an ego!
- I don't know how relatively nice or nasty Michael Caine is as a private person, but I was impressed by how much emphasis he placed in his book "Acting in Film" on being well-prepared, conscientious and just generally not being a thoughtless asshole. Maybe these were hard-learned lessons he had to find out on his own, or he was hoping to pass on to a new generation of actors better working habits than he was used to dealing with.
After reading the obituary of Loretta Young's daughter, I would place her as the owner of this thread.
- Not to be contary, but I have worked with Marlo Thomas and she was just fine, perfectly pleasant. I also worked with Tom Hanks on That Thing You Do and everyone was always walking around on eggshells. He was not pleasant at all and yes, seemed to be a rageaholic.
- Thank you R74.
- It's not for nothing that Marlo has been known as "the Queen Bitch of Park Avenue".
- i recently read belinda carlisle's autobiography. she managed to maintain a fairly "clean" image relative the reality. three pages into the book, i read her claim that her life forever changed at the age of 10 when she read the anton levay's satanic bible. reading the book is like listening to a broken record: i used a lot of drugs ALL THE TIME, but still managed to get rich, have a successful recording/performing career, and live in a mansion on the french riveria with my fabulous husband who is hollywood royalty; repeat, repeat, repeat. she comes off as a total cunt.
- I once heard a story about Farrah Fawcett being on a flight and being such a bitch (sorry, I don't know the specifics) that when she later asked for a glass of ice water, a few of the stewardesses got together and each of them spit in it. She drank it, of course not knowing it was tainted. ewww!
- Joy Behar is a humourless nasty bitch , just as cuntish as she appears on the View.
- I second your Joy Behar opinion.
Self-centered, cold, arrogant and downright NASTY!
- "Joy-LESS" Behar.
- Knew someone who did construction work at Julie Andrews' house who claims she was a huge, snotty bitch. He also said her husband was the complete opposite.
- R76, perhaps you could clarify that you are referring to Miss Young and not to her daughter, Miss Lewis. The ambiguity of your statement is unfortunate.
- Everyone has off days or moments when they are nasty. All of us have out moments. But Reese Witherspoon is a mean person.
- Tom Cruise sure likes to think he has the "squeaky clean, HETEROSEXUAL FATHER image" but everyone knows by now he's a narcissistic, crazy bastard, a homophobic closet case who treats everyone like a slave.
Plus, everyone knows he was a rent boy in NY before he hit fame in Hollywood. That's where he got the STDs that made him sterile.
Nicole Kidman is NOWHERE NEAR as nice as you'd think she is.
- Does anyone think Nicole Kidman is an especially nice person, R88?
Neurotic, self-absorbed, incredibly vain. A bad mother. And rather dull.
- I've met Nicole and she's very nice. She has an Australian style that can sometimes come across as snotty, but she's completely down to earth, altho very shy and she is an awkward person, too. She is a very cautious person, but not a snob and not rude or mean.
I wish people would say things they know, instead of assuming things based on your personal dislikes or impressions you get from looking at a photograph.
Tom Cruise is another one. Unfailingly nice, kind, and thoughtful and polite to most people but can be a real control freak to people on his payroll. He moves fast and expects you to keep up, doesn't like to repeat himself. He is willing to give an employee a grace period for about 2-3 weeks. He doesn't like chatty, overly familiar people, but likes to take the initiative.
If you're his PA, he's mostly polite, and he'll give you a lot of rope, but when he starts getting snippy, and impatient, and sarcastic with you, or doesn't answer you when you ask a question, then you know you are on your way out the door. He gets exasperated. LAter he will be quick to blame himself and be zself critical. He is not nearly as unpredictable and demanding as many are.
- Angela Bassett.
Held up as a role model, one of the great actresses working today, holds a particularly cherished place as a strong black woman. Yes?
She's a racist bitch. She's currently doing a play on Broadway with Samuel L. Jackson. When the show was preparing to open, she INSISTED that her dresser and her wig/hair person be black, and would not even consider anyone else. There are very few union dressers and hair people who are black in NYC, and most of them ware already working on LION KING. But 2 girls were hired, and Ms. Bassett treated them like dirt, called them incompetent, and 2 days before opening fired them both loudly at half-hour before curtain (charges are pending, since they both filed grievances with their unions). Replacements were needed in a hurry, and there was no time for Angela to interview other black candidates, so the Company Manager hired two well-respected people who were not black (one's a Latina, the other a gay white male). Angela does not SPEAK to them - they come to her dressing room, do their jobs and leave without any chit-chat. But if she's unhappy with them or their work, she has the Stage Manager tell them.
Also, it's a tradition on Broadway to tip your dressers/hair people at the end of each week. 2+ months into the run, Angela has never tipped her people. OTOH, Sam Jackson is a sweetheart, a big tipper and no problem at all backstage.
Got this from one of the replacement people directly, so it's all true.
- I'm sorry to hear that R91. I love her as an actress but I've heard rumors before that she's a racist cunt.
- Barbara Walters. If you are not rich and/ or Jewish she doesn't give a fig about you.
I don't know what Joy Behar is like when the cameras stop rolling however she did tell a story when she found a cockroach at the bottom of her cup after she drank all the soda at a restaurant in NYC.
- Joy Behar was always very kind to her CNN crew. When the show started she invited them all to her apartment for a casual get together. I think she's a cool woman.
- I worked on THE CAPTION KANGAROO SHOW for 5 years. Bob Keeshan, the Caption, was the nastiest, most vile, meanest and most sadistic man I have ever meet. He actually had the entire wardrobe dept. reduced to tears every day- and these were some hard core NY wardrobe people, mind you. A first class asshole--my stories would curl your hair....
- I was fucked by Mr Moose repeatedly.
- Grandfather Clock was giving wood to Mr. Greenjeans!
- You mean Grandfather Cock.
- Bob Hope was known to make really nasty racist jokes about blacks and Asians offstage. He could also be a bit of a prima donna at times.
- Angela Bassett isn't a racist. She's a bigot. She had no real power so she can't be a racist.
- Why would Captain Kangaroo be nasty to the wardrobe people? He wore the same ugly jacket every day for 30 years.
Actually, people must have known about Keeshan/Capt. Kangaroo for years. I remember my dad (hardly one for celebrity gossip) telling us as kids that Captain Kangaroo wasn't a nice man in real life. I have no idea how he heard that but this was in the late 70s/early 80s so the stories must have been out there.
- Barbara Bush has a reputation for being cunt, but in real life she is an even bigger cunt.
Lucile Ball was fun on TV, but on Delta she threw her coffee at a flight attendant and screamed, "Ya call this HOT?"
- Captain Kangaroo? More like SS Captain Karl von Kangaroo. Am I right?
- [quote] She had no real power so she can't be a racist.
That's something black people say so they can be racist against white people and claim that they aren't.
- Bing Crosby
- [quote] She had no real power so she can't be a racist.
One of my favorite examples of sophistic bullshit.
- In Angela's defense, in this instance, I can understand her frustration, since a lot of white stylists/hairdressers/makeup people have limited to no knowledge of hair care and cosmetics for people of color. She probably wanted someone black because most likely they'd know how to help her with her hair. I've read about/witnessed/been the victim of one too many white people (usually gay men or women) who were totally ignorant of these things.
- "Sophistic bullshit" is an example of sophistic bullshit.
- R108: You say the most fascinating things.
- Ask flight attendants about Oprah. She could also be a racist. Most flight attendants thanked God when she got her own plane.
- "Angela Bassett isn't a racist. She's a bigot. She had no real power so she can't be a racist."
She has plenty of power over hair, makeup, and wardrobe people, you ninny!
- R100, can you read?
Bassette had two people fired. On what planet is an international and rich movie star not 'powerful'?
- R107 is right.
- R107, that makes no sense.
There is nothing so exotic and unusual in black hair and cosmetic care that requires a Rosetta Stone to crack. Based on your example, stereotypes are a hiring guide when it suits minorities.
Seriously. The Cleopatra fiction has taken on a new realm of ridiculousness.
- Carol Burnett once shot an Ernie Flatt Dancer in Reno just to watch him die.
- R114. Models, and entertainers have been complaining for YEARS about their frustration with clueless white people fucking up their hair and skin with products meant for white people. Try reading some books on the subject. I'm sure there are some whites who can tend to black folks hair, but there aren't a lot of them.
- I can understand Angela Bassett insisting on a black hairdresser. Black hair is different, and difficult to work with. It requires experience working with it. There's no excuse for refusing to speak to a non-black hairdresser, though. That's just childish.
Barbara Bush is a hardcore bitch according to Kitty Kelley, who told some tales of her uber-nasty behavior in "The Family."
And Senators Jim DeMint, Jim Imhofe, Chuck Grassley, Mitch McConnell & Tom Coburn are incredibly hateful and dangerous schmucks who literally think they are Gods. They are a very sick, sick bunch, and God help us if the Republicans gain control of the Senate next year. It will be the end of America.
- I can see having e-mail at work, but why Internet unless you are some sort of researcher?
Because as the IT guy says, only some people get in trouble for web use...
- All this talk about Angela Bassett ignores one thing in my post - she weara a wig onstage. Her "Hair" person is in charge of setting the wig and putting it on her head, not dealing with her actual hair.
And the people she had fired were BLACK. It's a racist power trip....
- Suri Cruse is the anti christ.
- r91 Imagine a white star made such demands and behaved that way only with white people.
- About the weirdest and most hateful regular thing insecure celebrities do is to pointedly not speak to people who work for them... the only thing I can think of that's even weirder is when they insist that people not look at them and avert their eyes when they pass, as if they're Louis XIV or something.
- Angela has been the victim of a lot of overt racism in the industry so I can understand her behavior.
- Shouldn't that cause her to act differently because of that r123?
- God, are we turning even this into a "black people are evil" thread? GIVE IT A REST.
Back to topic:
Isn't Greasy Reese Witherspoon supposed to be some megabitch from the planet cunt? There was a whole thread on her shenanigans a few months back.
- Ashley Judd allegedly has some weird ritual she uses when people want to talk to her, using stones or pebbles or some shit.
- [quote]Isn't Greasy Reese Witherspoon supposed to be some megabitch from the planet cunt? There was a whole thread on her shenanigans a few months back.
God, are we turning even this into a "white people are evil" thread? GIVE IT A REST.
- I heard black people are evil.
- [quote]Bob Keeshan, the Caption, was the nastiest, most vile, meanest and most sadistic man I have ever meet.
Hyperbole aside, I have heard that Bob Keeshan was a tough bastard to work for. I was astonished to learn that "Debbie" the adorable young woman who appeared on Captain Kangaroo in the mid-seventies killed herself at age 27 by jumping out of a 16th floor window way back in 1978 shortly after she left the series.
No one knows what compelled her to do it, but people who knew her said she felt that the kiddie show ruined her career by typecasting her. She was incredibly talented. They must have suppressed the news of her suicide. I can't believe I hadn't heard of it until just recently.
- Maybe Debbie was broken by months of constant abuse from Keeshan. Maybe he raped her. Maybe he pushed her. Maybe he kept one of her molars on a key chain.
But you didn't hear any of this from me.
- This "don't look them in the eye" is an Urban Myth, and if it has been spoken it's probably from some minion that wants to guarantee his boss is not disturbed. All entertainers are nervous before a show. Human nature. It takes a lot to get up in from of thousands to perform. If it were easy, everybody would do it. Performers sometimes need to get in a zone and if they aren't particularity huggy feely to you before, well they are getting ready to go to work, doesn't make them a bitch.
- r131 = minion and enabler
- R131 will change his tune when he gets fired for handing his celebrity employer a cup of coffee that is slightly cooler than the celebrity wished it to be.
- Keith Olbermann is one of the "don't look at me, don't speak to me" celebrities. A mental mess. But I don't think his public image is particularly squeaky clean.
- r131, it's actually "urban legend," but I believe me.
I think they just hate being stared at, but the problem is that we're conditioned to stare at famous people when they're in our sight lines, and do it without thinking, as though they're just always putting on a show even when they're just going about their normal business. It's just a socially awkward situation. And I've been there: I've encountered a couple of famous people who stared right back at me until I got the idea. It was embarrassing, but I don't blame them. Now when I find myself around famous people I try very hard not to even look at them. Which probably pisses them off because they think I don't know who they are, but what are you going to do?
- I mean, I believe you. Though I believe me too.
- I don't really recognize celebrities in public. I've encountered a few and just had a fleeting thought that they looked vaguely familiar but I can't place them but I'm usually preoccupied with my own things.
- You are wrong R131. It is true and there is a reason for it. Looking someone in the eye leaves you open to having a conversation. Celebs are busy. Can you imagine if they had to say hello to everyone who looked at them backstage? Then can you imagine how many people would take that opportunity to try to say something to them? They don't have time for that.
- John Krasinski
- Willard Scott.
Many years ago I was on his DC-based TV program, a clown show (don't remember name - Bozo?). I don't remember this at all, but my mother (who watched the taping) said that during breaks, as well as before and after the show, Scott refused to even acknowledge us kiddies except to reprimand. She said he yelled at staff, the children, and was an all-round meanie.
- John Krasinski seems like a sweetheart! If you have dish that says otherwise spill it!
- So, I wonder about David Nivin, because his first wife fell down the basement steps at Tyrone Powers and died. How often does that happen to an adult? Just asking.
- It's not that infrequent among people who drink heavily, R142.
- R40, how can you SAY that about Julia Roberts?
You make it sound like she'd ruin someone's career or disown a family member. Come on.
- I've never read anything nice about Julia Roberts and that's the truth.
- Wow...over 140 posts and no one lists the one man whose squeaky clean public image represents the height of hypocrisy?
Dick Clark is one of the most evil men in Hollywood and an asshole of legendary proportions.
Many, many people rejoiced when he had that stroke.
- Dirt on Clark. I don't know anything about him and neither do other posters.
- Enlighten us, r146. We'd love to hear the stories.
- [quote]John Krasinski
- R19 please elaborate more about Conan O'Brien.
I've seen him on TV and I don't think that he's that funny but friends of mine love him.
- R83 is correct Joy is a total bitch and is a knowitall who really does not like GLBT people at all.
- Dick Clark. My mother was on American Bandstand in the late 50's a couple of times. She said he was a total asshole - and this was while the show was still in Philly.
- Whenever we have a thread on asshole celebrities like this one, Marlo Thomas always comes up. I've also heard how hideous she is elsewhere. Seriously, the stories are legion. I wonder why she's such a bitch, because god knows she hasn't exactly had a hard life.
American Bandstand's heyday was when it was in Philly!
Kids used to rush from school to 46th and Market to the studio.
Robert "Rocky" Balboa
- R35 R38 I've met Meg Ryan a couple of times through work. She was very funny, very sweet.
- I have a friend who's been on The View a few times. She said that the only person who was nice off-camera was Elizabeth. The other four were cold bitches who wouldn't speak to anyone. She was very surprised.
- R156 is a freeper.
Whatever. I stopped watching the show because of Elisabeth.
- quote]I have a friend who's been on The View a few times. She said that the only person who was nice off-camera was Elizabeth.
So what, who cares?
- I want to hear more about Richard Carpenter being gay. I have heard the rumors about both him and Karen being gay, and both of them ping to high heaven to me... but more concrete stories/evidence would be much appreciated.
- Marlo Thomas bitch slaps the sick kids at St. Jude's.
- This is going back to the paleolithic era, but Al Jolson and Wallace Beery were both mean, awful shits in their personal lives.
- Well, thank you for chiming in, Gloria Swanson!
- Paul Newman owns this thread.
- Isabel Sanford said that Sherman Hemsley was a gay. She hated the fact that he was always trying to hit on her. Sanford was in fact, a man as well, but most people don't know that.
- Say what?
- Corbin Bernsen.
I used to work at at television talk show, and would escort the guests to and from their dressing rooms, and had nothing to do with their cars.
When Corbin was leaving and his car wasn't there waiting for him, he glared at me like one of those uptight bitches in The Help. I could feel his cold, spiteful stare.
Also, Martha Stewart grabbed my wrist and yanked it 10 inches higher because she thought I wasn't holding her wardrobe high enough off the ground. Her helpers are terrified of her, and implored me to stall her with fearful eyes, and not let her know that they arrived late.
- I read Belinda Carlisle's book also, and had no idea that she did that much cocaine.
Cocaine cover to cover, her younger years, peak of fame, hanging with John Belushi, keeping an apartment after she was married so she could do coke in the middle of the day, going on more recent reunion tours so she could stay in hotels and snort more blow away from her husband and son.
She's like the female Keith Richards. It's incredible she didn't die.
- [quote]Dr. Ruth was an evil cunt.
Really? I met her a million years ago and she couldn't have been nicer.
- Lady Marmalade, it sounds like you might have a few more juicy stories to spill!
So spill, girl!
- You wake up to that mess on the living room coffee table every day as a child and try to be nice as a result!
- Apparently Ellen is a nasty lush off-screen, prone to rages at those who work on the show and often in a foul mood. The whole nicey-nicey act is just that, an act. Also heard that she and Portia are only together for the mutually beneficial 'power couple' crown... Portia sleeps around with other women and Ellen gives nary a fuck.
- Ellen left her ex for Portia when she became hot property again. Speaks loud and clear about her character. And of course granny Ellen can't satisfy Portia in bed.
- It speaks a lot about both Ellen and Portia that they cheated on both their partners and quickly dumped them for each other. The way the dykes on AfterEllen moon over them and think they are so perfect makes me sick. They deserve each other actually. I can only hope that it all goes arse over tit and we are all treated to a highly entertaining Tammy and Melissa mudslinging match when the smokescreem finally gets ripped down...
- from my friends who have worked in films and other parts of the business:
Denzel Washington - horrible and selfish
Bill Cosby - despite all his humanitarianism, he's awful, and a big cheater and a letch. When he hosted You Bet Your Life the contestants were warned that they were only there to make him look good and if they didn't, he'd have them for lunch.
Julia Roberts - enough said
Charlize Theron - horrid
Karen Carpenter - was asked to leave the Sheraton by the management after she exhausted them with her unrealistic demands.
Joan Rivers - a friend of mine just had a very nice conversation with her in the lobby of his building, and a friend in LA did set design for her years ago and really liked her. So I don't know.
Jackie Gleason - pathetic, had Walter Pidgeon's understudy fired in Take Me Along because Pidgeon, not being a singer, did the best he could with a song, but his understudy was an opera singer and brought down the house. He walked off stage and was fired immediately.
Barbra - my sister-in-law was just at Clinton's foundation thing and said she's a "moody, miserable bitch." However, she did have a great time with Goldie Hawn and Geena Davis, so again, I don't know.
Madonna - at the film festival in Italy the people working there were not allowed to make eye contact with her or speak to her.
- [R166] I had business dealings with Corbin and I liked him very much.
- [R129] Are you speaking of Debby Weems? I was in college with her. Very sad.
- No R175, not Charlize! I love her work and find her to a great guest during interviews. But I don't know her personally, so what do I know.
- [R76] I worked with Judy Lewis. Liked her very much.
- Any more info on Karen Carpenter, r175?
Was this during her period of severe anorexia (post 1975)? That might explain any neurosis or mood swings on her part... although I do believe that she had a ferocious temper when she was sick.
- [R49] Marlo Thomas is a very nasty woman. A friend of mine had the misfortune of being on a plane with her while she was practically duking it out with a flight attendant, and the poor flight attendant was saying, "I can't believe this. That Girl was one of my favorite shows! I used to really like you." It was TOO MUCH.
- [R180] I have no idea, but my friend was an assistant manager at the Sheraton in Boston (this is going back YEARS obviously), and finally it got so bad that Karen went to the manager, who told her to get out of the hotel. I seem to remember it had to do with her wanting the restaurant opened or something so I somehow doubt it was during her anorexic period.
The only other thing I remember is that Richard had to have a piano in his room.
- [R142] I presume there was alcohol involved. Prima opened a door that she thought was a closet and it was the doorway to the basement, and she fell.
I'm not sure what you're wondering about as far as David Niven, but supposedly he was a very charming and well-liked man. Plus he died an absolutely horrible death.
I saw a documentary on Billy Wilder, and the interviewer asked him, didn't Bogart make fun of his accent? And Wilder said yes, but it's all forgotten -- and he mentioned Bogart's sad death. Lou Gehrig's disease is no fun, so in the case of David Niven, if he was ever mean, I'd say "it's all forgotten." Rod Steiger was asked about Brando and the On the Waterfront debacle, and he said he couldn't say anything bad about Marlon given the horrors of the end of his life.
So I probably shouldn't have said what I did about Karen Carpenter. She went through a great deal with her illness.
- 182 posts and no one mentions Jerry Lewis?
- I left out two of the worst: Barbara Walters and Tina Louise.
- I've heard some strange things about Robert Wagner.
- Um, HELLO??!?!
Doris Roberts, Sexual Sadist
- [r182] and [r183] Thanks for the Karen info, I am a Carpenters fan and I am always interested to hear stories about them on a 'real' level, other than the usual sugary sweet stuff that usually gets said. I don't think that you need to apologize, you didn't say anything nasty about Karen, anyway. I'm sure that she had her moments and wasn't always the angel that she is made out to be... that only makes her seem more human and interesting to me. The fact that her belligerence was related to the restaurant is intriguing, it would seem to me that it was probably linked to her unhealthy relationship with food somehow...
- [quote]Also, it's a tradition on Broadway to tip your dressers/hair people at the end of each week.
Why the tipping? Are they not getting paid?
- @117-Clueless Asshole.
- Paul of Tarsus.
Lying Roman-spy thug. Fiendish annihilator of the Master's true intentions. Deceiver. Arch-villain of history.
- Dr. Ruth is a sweetheart: down-to-earth, modest, fun. From everything I've seen and heard, she's universally well-liked. An older friend of mine used to go to the same hairdresser once a week at about the same time, so she and Dr. Ruth often sat next to each other. She said Dr. Ruth was charming and patient and never behaved like a star.
Alan Alda is a very nice man. His colleagues seem to enjoy working with him. He's devoted to his family. When he did MASH, he flew home every week to spend his off days with his wife and daughters. I knew his schedule because his kids went to my school and he drove a carpool that included one of my friends, who said he was just like any other parent but friendlier.
- Marlo Thomas has always been a cunt. My aunt and uncle ran into her with her parents at a restaurant when she was in her early 20s, before "That Girl" and before anyone knew her (she did a bunch of single appearances on TV shows up to that time) and was so publicly rude that her behavior became legendary in the family. Pretty special, Marlo, you old bitch, you.
- Bill Cosby here, too, R175. An acquaintance did production on some network ads featuring stars and Cosby made a list of demands(flowers in his dressing room, champagne, etc.)which were met, then he didn't show.
Bob Hope, otoh, he said just came in and shot his spot. No demands, no b.s. Very unassuming.
- Robert Wagner is a very nice man and was extremely good to a relative of mine who helped him after Natalie died.
- [R195] Jerry Lewis - I posted this before - he did a benefit in NYC and asked the organizer to get him prostitutes. You know, I can understand arranging that sort of thing discreetly but telling the organizer of a charity function? He's out there.
- I've worked in radio for over 30 years and have my share of meeting celebrities. First you've gotta understand, shitty or not, they get bombarded every day with people interupting them at dinner or the typical "just one more autograph" from a guy who's got a stack of photo's to sell on Ebay.
Jay Leno was UNBELIEVABLY cool & acted like just an ordinary guy.
Met Faith Hill twice the first time she was so sweet, the next time she had hit super stardom and wasn't as friendly but still being cordial.
Kenny Chesney - Just starting to get noticed and we hosted an invent with him performing. Took some listeners backstage to do the meet & greet thing and just a great guy. After everyone had left he brought me back on the bus and played some tracks from his upcoming new CD that they hadn't even started work on (the tracks were just Kenny and a guiar. The band that was with him wanted to go to a strip club but only had the bus. I had the 2 seater station cargo van. My wife was driving as I had a couple of cocktails. Wife driving, I was in the passenger seat and the band all in the back. Kenny then asked me "where do I set" and I told him either on my lap or in the back with your band. For the 6 blocks we had to go he sat on my lap....?? A few years later he came back to play a larger venue and came in on my show again and I told the Reader's Digest version of our escapade after his last show in the area. He cut me off and said "play a track from the new CD & see what the listeners think. While playing the track he said to me "I don't want you to EVER tell that story again!" Basically the strip club night was just guys having fun and nobody did anything to be ashamed at but now that he has success he wanted NOTHING to do with being an everyday guy.
John Elway in his rookie year in Great Falls Montana. Local news hounds were there ALL asking the question that I am sure had already answered thousands of time "why did you say you wouldn't play for the Colts"? He was kind and they left. Being from Colorado I was like a kid with an Idol, I was afraid to talk to him so he struck up a conversation with me. A couple months later received a larger envelope at my radio station, inside was his first team photo and signed it "To (my name) thanks for all your support".
I've got plenty more but I've babblef enough taking up your time so there are some GREAT STARS with the public but EVERYONE has a bad day
- Nice, R198. We all suspect that Mr. Chesney is the type to erase the past about a lot of things. Such as the facts about his "marriage." That he treated you so cavalierly tells a lot about entitlement and fright. He could have just said that he knew it was a fun time but he's concerned his fans wouldn't understand, so please keep the story between him and you. But NO!
- [quote]Julianna Marguilies
Details, please, r21.
- Julianna Marguelies is mean. I worked on that show a bit and she'd go ballistic whenever anyone else missed or forgot a line. It was insane...the more she'd scream at people the more people would forget there stuff and blank out. If she were just nicer to them they'd relax and stuff would go smoothly.....but no. The directors would tell her to go easier on the guest casts but she just didn't seem to want to.
- Thanks, r201. You worked on Good Wife? What are the other cast members like? Josh Charles, Matt Czuchry, Christine Baranski, Archie Panjabi, Alan Cumming?
- [quote]hat are the other cast members like? Josh Charles, Matt Czuchry, Christine Baranski, Archie Panjabi, Alan Cumming?
I didn't interact much with Czurchy unfortunatly! He seemed like a pretty cool guy the few times I met him. Smiley. Seems happy. Josh Charles was kind of low key, professional, did his work. Baranski is fun. Chats with everybody. I liked hearing stories from her theatre days and she liked to tell them so we got along well. Panjabi always seemed a little nervous and quiet like she had to work real hard to get things right. Cumming was a clown, goofed around a lot, but didn't really talk too much to crew people like me. Chris Noth is the friendliest...jokes around. sort of like a gym teacher or that loud uncle at the party who likes to tell jokes.
- I'm sure Ellen can be a bitch like anyone, but I don't believe the stories about her being completely opposite from her public image. And I also don't assume that she and Portia are only together to be a power couple. For one thing Ellen is not an ugly old hag, she looks quite good for her age. She's not "hot" but she is attractive.
- Cesar Millan, the dog whisperer, was sullen, nasty and rude with me on a shoot. Claimed he had not been told in advance what he was supposed to do -- his agent reminded him that he had been but he acted like an asshole anyway.
- What stories about Ellen?
- Ben Stiller is DREADFUL.
- Robin Williams is a surly, mean drunk. He's a fucking asshole - until there's a camera on him.
Tom Hanks is the same way.
Nasty, arrogant fucks.
- More stories about nasty, arrogant fucks, please!
- Tom Hanks is a asshole,before he was famous, he free loaded off someone in LA for a long time never paid them back for anything
- Bob Hope. Allegedly a bigot in private.
- R122, There are sets where if you even look the star's stand in in the eye at any time you could be in big trouble. (Hello Bruce Willis, Demi Moore.)
- Cesar Milan appeared on a local Toronto chat show that has seen it's share of many big name stars. He was thought of by everyone to be the biggest asshole ever. Extremely rude and arrogant like he thought he was the second coming.
- [quote]Julianna Marguilies
Horrible little woman, you would think she was the Queen of Romania!
- [quote]Thanks, [R201]. You worked on Good Wife? What are the other cast members like? Josh Charles, Matt Czuchry, Christine Baranski, Archie Panjabi, Alan Cumming?
Christine Baranski is a nice, funny lady. Josh Charles is quiet, mellow, and very easy to work with...very sexy in person. Alan Cummings is crazy, but he's cool.
- [quote]Madonna - at the film festival in Italy the people working there were not allowed to make eye contact with her or speak to her
I think it's in her contract that you're not supposed to look at her in the eye or speak to her.
- Mother Teresa. Shit, where to begin? First, she thought it was better for poor women to have children they could never take care of than let them have access to birth control. She would make friends with the most evil dictators and allow them to be photographed with her so to improve their image, providing they made a big donation to her charity. And where did the millions she raise go? Certainly not in any of those hospitals she built. They are absolute shit holes and were not good enough for her when she needed medical attention. Only the most expensive American clinics would do. If there is an afterlife, we can only hope right now she is getting tag-teamed by Hitler and Stalin while Roy Cohn serenades them with the complete catalog of Irving Berlins alleged music.
- Thank you for the Good Wife actor info, r203 and r215! I'm glad to hear that *most* of the cast are amiable (or at least keep it professional and courteous).
- The biggest cunt in the world is Jennifer Aniston. Vastly inflated sense of her own importance. And she hates doing charity work. One time she got wrnagled into doing a PSA-type bit and was scheduled for the same time as Sidney Poitier, to be shot both separately and together. Mr. Poitier could not have been nicer or more cooperative. Aniston, on the other hand, was a rude bitch who demanded that she be shot first and was barely civil to the man who is one of the industry's greatest living actors. Every single person on the set that day was mortified that she would be so openly a nasty harridan. Mr. Poitier said, "Of course, of course, let Miss Aniston go first. She's got more important things to do than does an old man like me." She did not pick up on the irony.
I don't have first-hand knowledge but an older colleague told me that of the old-time stars, Danny Kaye was roundly hated for being a gade A-for-asshole martinet. Also most likely to believe his own bullshit press releases.
- Yeah, I also want to hear more naughty bits about Richard Carpenter.
In the 70s he defined squeaky clean. You just had to see him and hear him sing and the term magically came up.
I always got the impression he was the virgin till marriage kind.
- This thread fucking sucks.
- I'm going against the usual 'Ellen is a bitch' grain. Worked on a few things featuring her and she was amazingly friendly. I didn't expect her to be so nice, especially to someone low on the totem pole like me.
- Thees thread ees sheet! Dmitri stole my ween. I deesurv'd the top prize.
- [r175] [r180] Karen's moodswings and outbursts, her "anorexia" for that matter, were due to abusing speed among other stimulants. Amazing PR coup that anorexia was considered the cause of death.
- [r188] The unhealthy relationship she had was with speed. Speed freaks don't have much of an appetite.
- [r194] Those amenities were part of his rider ~ an addendum to a performer's contract with producers and promoters. Musicians and singers are notorious. Many times they are left behind and tend to benefit those who have to clean up afterwards. It doesn't mean that Cosby was an angel, but it was common practice. Bob Hope's generation didn't have them.
- What things featuring her, R222? Do you mean other than her talk show?
- With Karen, they talked so much about the anorexia and the damage it can do to muscles -- including the cardiac muscle -- but her autopsy said her heart looked fine.
I'm not one familiar with drugs and their effects, but could speed stop her heart without grossly damaging it?
- Yes that's the thing with speed.. generally addicts don't die from the drug itself... they just go crazy (really crazy)and commit suicide. Unlike heroin where the drug is lethal and kills most of the users. However, use enough speed (a massive amount in one hit) and it can cause a heart attack.
- Kenny Chesney seems AWFULLY uptight. Any other good-natured celebrity would have seen the humor in that story. I'm sure it's not the first male lap he's sat on willingly.
Getting back to other stars mentioned here in the past on DL, have there been ANY good stories about Mike Myers? From what I've heard he seems to be quite miserable and rude with many people.
- r230, being in the closet will do that.
- Not trying to be an antagonist, but didn't Karen first try stimulants to help with a slim figure?
The cause of death as "anorexia" is kind of dumb, anyway. Heart attack or kidney failure are the most popular, actual physiological culprits...
- If only it was so simple.. Often eating disorders go hand in hand with stimulant abuse.. They love coke and speed.. suppresses an appetite and keeps them slim.. I think it was probably a combination of both. Speed addicts get skinny but not like anorexics do.. she was clearly anorexic, and perhaps a stimu;lant abuser.. a lethal combination.
- i find it hard to believe that ellen would allow portia to cheat on her. she seems insanely needy, jealous and controlling.
- One of Karen's girlfriends - they one she moved in with when her marriage to the guy who was using her financially was breaking up - said that Karen was a major abuser of laxatives and that she would use syrup of ipecac to induce vomiting.
She (the gf) found boxes and boxes of laxatives.
- 1st Person Jerry "the Jew" Lewis Account...
My 22-year old perky girlfriend and I were walking through The Old Town Mall in Reno. We were browsing inside a curio shop and in the window of this shop was a large ornate brass copacino machine. Lewis was on the other side of the window looking at the same copacino machine with a trade-mark shit-eating grin on his face. For me, it was surreal because Lewis's facial expression looked like a publicity poster.
I told my girlfriend, "Look, there's Jerry Lewis"! Sandy ran around to the other side of the window to greet Lewis. "Oh! Jerry Lewis can I have your autograph?", asked young, slender and attractive Sandy as she jumped up and down, barely containing her excitement.
"NO!!", Lewis replied with anger. "I don't GIVE autographs! And I just wish the public would just learn to leave us celebrities ALONE!" Lewis was travelling with a female companion and another couple as an escort which was provided to him by Harrah's of Reno. Lewis was obviously enjoying the fact that these escorts also act as body guards. As soon as Lewis got angry, the male escort changed posture as if he was preparing to kick MY ass. I had nothing to do with it! I didn't want that fucking Jew's autograph and I never said shit to him. But because it was MY girlfriend who asked for his autograph, the male escort was preparing some kind of Kung-fu action to kick my ass.
This all happened in '78. In '80, Sandy and I married. We have since worked in casinos our whole life and have seen many celebrities but that experience with Lewis left us both traumatised for life. Neither of us have ever said two-shits to any entertainer since that experience with Lewis.
- wow R236 you have major issues with jews. Lewis is an asshole but why do you take it out on a whole group of people? oh let me guess, EVERY jew you ever met was an asshole to you? I bet. Can't believe even on the DL and in 2012 we have prejudiced cunts like R236. So embarrassing that these people still exist.
Jew hatred is an acquired taste, very similar to Scotch Whiskey. I certainly didn't start out with any hatred for the Jew at all. It's taken 30 years to cultivate such a deep-seated hatred for all things Jew, which currently burns in my soul like lit charcoal. Jew hated so intense is definitely not for everyone but I can give you some tips if you desire to share my hobby.
Start out by exploring what a Jew is and what a Jew really represents. This is completely different from what you have been led to believe. Come to understand the Jew bible (aka the Talmud) the same way the Jews understand it and you will come to some striking conclusions. Read Judaism Discovered by Michael A Hoffman II (available on the internet for free). Read the Internet writers John Kaminski and Carolyn Yeager. Good luck ( or not ) with your new hobby.
- Ralph Garmen said on his HollyWood Babble On podcast he does with Kevin Smith that Ben Stiller was an smug asshole who thought he was too good to promote his film on radio.
Sorry, I left out Dr Kevin MacDonald, PhD professor at UC Long Beach California. He has put out 6 scholarly volumes regarding Jew, each one better than the last. However, this is NOT light reading. I would suggest reading his articles. Dr MacDonald has also made a few YouTube interviews.
- Brett Butler
... and the biggest asshole of ALL Time:
Neil Fucking Simon.
- R242 Sharapova? What did she do that's so bad?
R236 / R238 has severe issues. What a pathetic person you are to hate a whole group of people. How lovely we have a nazi on DL.
- Howie Mandel, Frank Thomas and Michael Jordan are all huge stiffs. Zero. Andrew Dice Clay does tip but offers tips that don't cost him money (such as offering free Dice Clay concert tickets to a limo driver).
Everyone needs a hobby. Maybe yours is playing a rusty trombone. So what? What's your fucking problem?
- Bob Hope
- Jessica Alba is the supreme BITCH of all time. NO ONE can stand that self absorbed cunt.
- Bill "full of himself" Cosby. What a jagoff. Phylicia Rashad couldn't stand him. She still talks about what an asshole he was to work with.
- Maria Trapp (Maria in "The Sound of Music") Was really a cold hearted, nasty businesswoman. The Captain wanted to go down with his house but she pushed to go to America so the family would have a show business career. They walked across the border (there was no mountain). She exploited the children. They were practically held prisoner, first as members of the family singing group, then as staff in the restaurant in her ski lodge in Vermont. Made to wear lederhosen well into their 30's and miserable.
- Anne Meara is angry, hateful and vile.
- Venus Williams. Fucking cunt bitch from hell.
- r248 - Why did she agree to play his tv wife again in the series he did after The Cosby Show?
There are many stories about him creeping on women, but he's sure had a long career for someone who's difficult to work with.
r243 - Once a tennis writer wrote a blind item that was supposed to be Sharapova about a tennis player who ignored a child wanting her autograph after some tournament. He made the player seem heartless, but it sounded to me like this kid just had a pushy, entitled parent.
- R252, she did it for $$$$.
- Bill Cosby is another celeb who headlined at Harrah's Hotel-Casino in downtown Reno. In 1985, Harrah's chauffeured him to UNR in a shiny gold Rolls Royce to have an "informal chat" with students... and informal it was. Cosby sat on a folding chair on the lawn while 5 students gathered around him in a circle. At the time, I very much looked like a hippie. Except for the regular bathing part, I pretty much WAS a hippie. Cosby took one look at me, lit his fat cigar and then proceeded to spend the next half hour explaining how much he hated hippies. It became clear why this was the guy they chose to break the black barrier in the entertainment industry (Cosby was the 1st black man to have his own TV show when he and Robert Culp starred in "I Spy"). Cosby is the epitome of the Oreo cookie... dark on the outside, creamy white on the inside. He said nothing different than what I would expect someone like Ben Bernanke to say... a genuine right winged conservative dick-head.
- Eva Perón. Bitch has a saintly reputation in Argentina (even today), but she was a shady first lady -- manipulative, backstabbing, conniving, vindictive, etc. Her so-called charity was simply an extortion racket and a façade for shady dealings. I get fed up with biographers like Marysa Navarro (an Evitista, really), who try to paint her in the best light possible. Mary Main (author of "The Woman with the Whip") gets a lot of shit for "demonizing" Evita, but her biography and John Barnes' "First Lady" are probably a more accurate depiction of Eva Perón than the latter crop of Evita worship biographies by Navarro and Alicia Dujovne Ortiz.
- Martha Stewart lol. On camera so proper and domestic...off camera nightmare.
That anti-semite troll freak has to go. Really stinking up the thread with his own insecurities and mental problems.
Venus Williams is nice...I met her and she was a sweetheart.
- [quote]Maria Trapp (Maria in "The Sound of Music") Was really a cold hearted, nasty businesswoman. The Captain wanted to go down with his house but she pushed to go to America so the family would have a show business career. They walked across the border (there was no mountain). She exploited the children. They were practically held prisoner, first as members of the family singing group, then as staff in the restaurant in her ski lodge in Vermont. Made to wear lederhosen well into their 30's and miserable.
The Captain's eldest daughter got sick of that life and tried to run away several times. Finally, Maria browbeat everybody into believing the girl was insane and needed a lobotomy. No, she just wanted to leave. She got a lobotomy instead. They could get away with that shit in those days.
- R257, are you sure you're not confusing her with Rosemary Kennedy? I've never heard that about a von Trapp kid and I've read the bios and such.
- Pete Sampras is a modest nice guy who never came close to a scandal or any behavior other than that as a nice and thoroughly professional tennis champion.
- Yes Venus is a sweet heart- much classier than Serena, who is essentially harmless.
- r259 - Sampras never had any scandals, but certainly never had a reputation for being either modest or nice.
- R259, you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Pete Sampras was widely hated and was a complete piece of crap treating anyone and everyone like shit. Not one tear was shed when he finally quit the sport and everyone rejoiced when Federer eclipsed all of his records so fast.
- BlindGossip just claimed Jack Nicholson wouldn't allow a Black actress on Witches of Eastwick, claiming his fan base objected. Maybe he was the earlier blind about a racist jerk.
- I agree with the poster who said Venus Williams. She's a nasty piece of work in spite of her "classy" image. On the other hand Serena, who's generally considered to be tough as nails, is very friendly and down to earth in real life.
Venus is a complete bitch when she deals with people whom she considers "the help".
- What was EVER classy about Venus? I see her type walking down Mannheim Road in the suburbs of Chicago.
- Cybill Shepherd
- Limo driver told me of all his clients ( and he was in the business for YEARS in NYC ) that Susan Sarandon was a terrible cunt. I've also heard from a resort worker the Carol Burnett was absolutely horrible, just nasty for the sake of nasty.
- There are numerous stories about Sarandon, which surprised me, because I always liked her onscreen and her commitment to causes. But too many people had the "loved him, hated her" stories when she was with Tim Robbins. Maybe she's nicer now, who knows?
- That's not surprising about Sarandon. Even during interviews she'll say something that some will attribute to her "outspokenness" but to some (like me) comes off as unnecessarily rude or cunty. A little OT but I once saw Tim Robbins at an anti-war protest on Hollywood Blvd right before the Iraq invasion. He was very tall and good-looking.
- [quote] On the other hand Serena, who's generally considered to be tough as nails, is very friendly and down to earth in real life.
Strangely, that's the impression I've always got. As much as I often object to her behavior on the court and tend to root against her, she would probably be the girl I'd want to hang out with if I was ever invited to some WTA player party.
- Matthew McBongo.
At a reunion for dazed and confused in Austin, stood around in a dirty mechanics shirt, refusing to say Hi to fans or give autographs//pictures- "tonight it's all about me drinking beer".
- Betty White is an evil cunt who took a big dump in my dressing room waste basket.
- Bing Crosby owns this thread.
- A friend took a job working with Harry Shearer to promote a specific project he was working on. She had been warned he was blatantly rude, condescending, and completely nasty by someone else who had worked for him. My friend figured she could stick it out, but quit before the job was over.
Oddly, she worked with him briefly again several years later, and said he was pleasant and professional (he had moved to New Orleans in the meantime and seemed to have mellowed). But his wife Judith remained a ring-tailed bitch.
She said Christopher Guest was also awful to the point where it seemed he had a personality disorder -- and that Joe Flaherty or Eugene Levy (can't remember which) seemed to realize how bad it was and went out of his way to be jovial, pleasant, and act as sort of a buffer when Guest was around. And that DL favorite Catherine O'Hara was a sweetheart.
- Tempestt Bledsoe.
- Ann and Nancy Wilson
- R95, why mention stories that would curl our toes and then not reveal them?? If there's a place to tell 'em, this is it!
- One of my close friends had a bad run-in with Andy Williams back in the 1970s or early 80s. She was in Las Vegas (and had just had a really great encounter with Alan King at a gaming table the night before) when she sat at a blackjack table and began winning. Andy Williams sat down and asked how things were going. She said fine and that was really it, but she was naturally excited to be sitting there with him. At one point, she nervously tipped over a bloody mary (that wasn't even hers but the person next to her!) and some of it got on him. She was of course, mortified and was apologizing profusely. He dipped his hands into the spillage on the table and flicked it in her face. Then he got up and stormed off without another word.
- R79, it is not true that Marlo Thomas is "the queen birch of Park Avenue." She and Phil live on FIFTH Avenue.
- Michael Douglas is Satan incarnate behind the smokescreen but his wife is totally down to earth. She's a lot softer and girlish in person than you'd think.
- [quote][R79], it is not true that Marlo Thomas is "the queen birch of Park Avenue." She and Phil live on FIFTH Avenue.
Also, she is not now, nor has she ever been, a birch tree.
- Elizabeth Montgomery wasn't always the squeaky clean "great gal" she's often credited as being. A new biography of her reveals many dark aspects, among them:
She didn't hesitate to have affairs with married men or break up a marriage.
She had an affair with Alexander Godunov while she was with Robert Foxworth.
She strongly disliked Dick York and wanted him off Bewitched long before his back problems forced him off. She had him replaced with her personal friend Dick Sargent who, at best, was an amateurish actor.
She had an ongoing battle of wills with Agnes Moorehead and when all else failed, would pull rank on her.
She is described as "tough" and/or "cold" by more than one person whom the biographer interviewed.
Here's a review of the book:
- I agree with other posters about Bing Crosby owning this thread. He was a piece of shit. A cold, brutal father and husband. Beat his four sons with a studded belt until it drew blood (two of his sons comitted suicide by blowing their brains out).
Arrogant to co-stars whom he felt were 'beneath' him: Marjorie Reynolds, his HOLIDAY INN romantic interest described his as unpleasant and nasty - by contrast, she found Astaire to be kind and helpful.
- Interesting R282. I'd have never guessed.
Marlo Thomas as others have already mentioned. Though I can't imagine her ever having a squeaky clean public image. Maybe when her show first began.
- I don't think Dick Sargent was an amateurish actor at all. He took Darren in a completely different direction than Dick York did which was actually somewhat believable: where York's Darrin was splenetic and given to fits of anger or overexcitement, Sargent's Darrin was more subdued and reacted to the antics of Samantha's relatives with disgusted bitchiness rather than explosive fury. In a weird way that made sense given that after several years of marriage to Samantha and dealing with Endora's constant humiliations of him, Darrin would have had to have mellowed a bit. But it wasn't as funny as York's antics were (Sargent was a decent sitcom actor but he wasn't much of a comedian, the way York was), and he and Montgomery did not have the same sort of sexual charge that York had with her.
You could believe York's Darrin was wildly attracted to Sam and put up with her family because he thought she was so great and so sexy; Sargent and Montgomery seemed instead more like old comfortable friends--which is exactly what they were, but also what actual married couples often turn out to be over time once the original sexual thrill is gone.
- Elizabeth Montgomery would have been 80 years old this year. It's hard to imagine.
- I’m glad R285 brought up Bewitched again because I (R282) wanted to add a bit more about Elizabeth Montgomery, especially in regard to Bewitched.
Dick York was notoriously mute on the subject of his Bewitched years except to once say that the atmosphere on set was “horrible.” Moorehead’s biographers (such as they are) confirm this with stories about her being forced to go to work at times when she was sick and threatened with being suspended or fired if she didn’t. Two things: Agnes Moorehead had multiple rounds of cancer during the eight year run of Bewitched, and two, that show would not have survived the elimination of Endora or a change of the actress who played her. To threaten her with suspension or even worse, firing, shows a level of stupidity and insensitivity that’s almost sadistic.
The author of the Montgomery biography based it in part on an extensive series of interviews he did with her before she died. I don’t think she talks about Dick York at all (if she did I can’t find it), and when she talks about Moorehead, she is by turns bitter, resentful, and seems to delight in making fun of her or recalling times when she did it to her face. It’s really weird, because for years she stressed in public how well they got along.
Another little known fact about Montgomery is that she had problems with alcohol off and on for a good part of her adult life.
- A few years ago I was one of the middle-managers at a casino where Whitney Houston was appearing. Her husband constantly made demands, such as the " no eye contact" one. More than that, I was told to tell my staff that if they saw her, they had to turn and face the wall until she passed by. I didn't care for the job and was moving on anyway, so I informed Mr. Brown's spokesman that I had worked at Buckingham Palace and we didn't have to do that for the Queen!!!
So I wasn't going to do it for a drug-fucked bitch.
My staff did not have to respond to Bobby Brown's demand. I did wonder if maybe Whitney wasn't aware of all of this.
- So, Elizabeth Montgomery was a full-blown human being rather than a saint. Big deal! What is the next shocking secret to be revealed?
- Some of the people mentioned don't have clean public images, let alone squeaky.
Hell. Some of them don't even have public images anymore.
- In 2008 I worked in the gentlemen services industry in Washington DC. I was called to the Watergate Hotel to find Ben Bernanke... one of the weirdest calls ever. He wanted me to clean his eye and told me I'd get $1,175.00 to do it. It's like he gets this done all the time and 1175 is the going rate... not 1150 or 1200 but 1175. I hid my disgust while Uncle Ben swung his double-fisted flaccid junk in a circle singing "helicopter, helicopter, helicopter..." ...whatever that's suppose to mean. Beyond revolting. If I had it to do over again, I think I'd pass.
- Michelle Obama, despite the incredible work done by her PR team is a total cunt.
- Alright, he doesn't have a squeaky clean image, but David Cassidy's egotism and arrogance is almost at science fiction levels.
My partner's band opened for him at a 3rd-tier suburban venue (The Mableton Amphitheater) outside of Atlanta almost 10 years ago. Backstage, the window into his greenroom was covered in butcher paper that had this note in fat magic marker: "KEEP 20 FEET AWAY". My partner's band were told they were not to speak to or approach or look at David. One band member was a big fan and had brought a couple LP's for autographing. The personal assistant told him that there was no point in asking because David would refuse.
After doing their set, my friend's band had to leave their instruments backstage through David's entire set (so couldn't go home for 2 hours) otherwise they would have had to go back and forth in front of David's dressing area or even run into him as he was on his way out to the stage.
I watched David's set with my partner and his bandmates. The audience was in their 60's of course. Still, David crooned from the edge of the stage on his hands and knees a few times as if there was some invisible audience of teen-aged girls. This was Georgia in the summertime and he complained over and over to the audience, "Have you heard of air conditioning? It's a new invention. You should try it."
Most embarrassing of all, whenever his lead guitarist had a solo, David couldn't share the limelight. He had to mirror his guitarist by doing this stupid air guitar thing, making ridiculous expressions to get all the attention.
No, this is what is the funniest: After the show, my friends were loading their cars/vans in the parking lot, which was already emptied out. They heard a voice on a walkie talkie: "All clear?" It came from David's limo. "All clear" was the response. Next, the back door of the amphitheater opened, and David came running out, ducking behind his assistant and running, then diving, into the limo as if he was going to be attacked by fans. Then the limo went screaming out of the parking lot.
A few month's later, my partner's band opened for Davey Jones at the same amphitheater. He was super nice and asked to meet the band and thanked them for opening for him. He was very humble during the performance, and joked about his body, saying the women in the audience would pay him to not bare his torso if they knew what it looked like nowadays.
- Faye Dunaway. I know she's not "squeaky clean" but I love this story.
She was staying at the Georgian Terrace hotel in midtown Atlanta while filming a movie. She had a PA that was provided for hire by the hotel and was not a PA that travelled with her. She asked for the PA to buy her "plum tomatoes". The PA, not understanding, brought her a bag of plums. When she arrived back at the hotel and was handed the bag of plums, Faye got irate and threw the plums--one at a time--at the PA in front of hotel staff. "These are PLUMS! These are NOT not plum TOMATOES!" This was reported in the Atlanta Journal Constitution at the time.
- Sweet Davey Jones story R293. Glad to hear he was a good guy.
- [R294] I love your story! I remember The Georgian Terrace when it was nearly falling down. Is it true that it has been refurbished and is now top drawer?
- Mickey Rooney. Total douchebag who has blown a gasket on more than one occasion when someone has had the gall to talk to him out in public. His tirades directed at fans are legendary.
- Sarah Paulson..total cunt!
- Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed that story. Yeah, the Georgian Terrace is in great shape now. I moved to Atlanta when everything in midtown was being renovated so I never knew that that hotel had been run down. It's all high end condos in midtown now. Just before I moved away, Back Street got pushed out by the new neighbors with zoning ordinances as an excuse.
- No mention of the queen of the cunts yet - Kathie Lee Gifford. I once had to work with her on an in store appearance during her abortive music career in the 90's. Her demands were minor, but she would only converse with her personal assistant despite the fact I was standing right next to her. It was humiliating being treated like I wasn't there and she appeared to enjoy it.
- OK, Dunaway might have been totally off her nut but it is stuff like that that makes ME irate, too. You can just imagine some half listening dimwit going off to buy plums and not LISTENING. There is, indeed, a big difference between plums and plum tomatoes. Plum tomatoes are NOT that rare, for chrissake.
And, no, I would not have gone "off" on someone but would have rolled my eyes.
- [quote]Sarah Paulson..total cunt!
NO SHES NOOT!!! she act's with all the popular actor's in broadway AND HOLLYWOOD and everyone whose important want's to be friend's with her!!!!!!!
- R282 I temped for a company in the late 80s that did some work for Elizabeth. She would call and ask for whoever. When I asked her "who may I say is calling?" she would give her code name for the day.
- R301 Me too. Don't fuck with me when my blood sugar is low.
- Sounds like Faye was planning a Spanish dinnah with plum to-MAH-toes.
- We need to bring this one back to life
- What happened to the Colton Haynes thread? Why can't I open it?
- I've always heard about Fred McMurry
Bing Crosby (a monster)
- These are not stories, simply my opinion of these personalitites:
Tom Hanks - I've never liked Tom Hanks. He's a good actor, but he does seem to have a major drinking/weight problem and I'm not so sure he's straight, at all. I'll leave it at that.
John Stamos - seems to have mostly enjoyed a very hedonistic lifestyle, to say the least. He plays the game so I don't care. To me he's no more than a glorified high-end prostitute.
Ellen DeGeneres - even though I find her funny and she was ground-breaking, I never thought she was nice, even back when she had her own sitcom. There was a unpleasant vibe about her that I've decided to attribute to her capitalistic Dutch genes.
Ben Stiller - someone I would not like to cross paths with. Would probably resign very quickly if I had to work for him (I truly do not see in what other setting I would be in contact with someone like that)
Good for Josh Charles and Alan Cummintgs. I like them both, Charles because he's cute and seems genuinely nice, and Cummings because he is so brilliant
- One of my favorite facts about Elizabeth Montgomery was she was a huge sci-fi fan. She would go to sci-fi conventions by herself incognito just to see what was new because she loved the genre so much.
I can't blame her for pulling rank after a while during her squabbles with Moorehead on the set of Bewitched, She was the star and married to the producer. And Moorehead was a religious nut and very strange.
She did have a thing for older men, but that's pretty understandable given her domineering and very competitive famous father.
I think she did become very sour in her later years when her looks had gone and she was suffering from cancer so badly. She and Foxworth became alcoholics.
- Jerry Lewis seems like an asshole but the Jew hater seems like an even bigger one.
Fuck you, Hitler. Die in a grease fire.
- Why should we care about your opinion of those celebrities, r309? Deluded much?
- For that matter, why should anyone care whether [italic]you[/italic] care about r309's opinion, r312? Also deluded much?
- Bing Crosby owns this thread
- I think maybe R309 might be right about those actors, except I really don't give a damn if Tom Hanks gets a little plump and being an alcoholic is the norm for most actors...I'm not sure why.
- [quote] Apparently, she made him sleep on the couch all the time.
Yeah, right. Because Tom Hanks can't afford more than 2 or 3 bedrooms in his home. It's not like he can't sleep in a guest quartermaster -- or a guest house. .
Tom Hanks is a very nice guy. He's also witty and intelligent -- certainly more intelligent than to make up stories about a man who's been a multimillionaire since the 1980s sleeping on a couch. I suppose Kate Capeshaw used to get mad when Stephen Spielberg didn't mow the lawn for more than a week.
- What is wrong with you people that you don't get that the couch was in their bedroom?
- r313, Nobody cares about your opinion either. Shut it.
- You're forcing me to tell my well-worn Tom Hanks story again.
About 7 years ago I was walking in Central Park with my husband. There was a young couple quite a few feet ahead of us; we could tell they were tourists.
We get to this nondescript part of the park near the footpath behind the Metropolitan Museum of art and up ahead I see the young couple enthusiastically greeting an older man. I figured he was their father/father-in-law. He has a short beard, black eyeglasses, some gray hair and he's wearing a big blue parka, plaid shirt and worn jeans. I notice they start taking photos on this footpath and thought, "That's weird. There's nothing notable here. II could see taking photos up ahead in front of cleopatra's Needle or on the steps of the museum on 5th Ave..."
We were getting closer and my husband said, "That's Tom Hanks." I said, "No fucking way that old bearded sloppy guy is Tom hanks." Then I realized it was Tom Hanks and that's why they were taking photos. Each took a photo of themselves with Hanks, then he grabbed the camera and took a photo of them together. "Smile, move your heads closer together."
As we walked past them I hears them both saying, "Thank you so much! Thanks a lot, we're big fans," and he said, "No. Thank [italic] you [/italic] and made a little bow type gesture and off he went, completely unperturbed.
You could tell he really made their whole trip to NY worthwhile.
And that's my hoary old Tom Hanks tale.
- STOP talking about Tom Hanks! Enough! Move on.
- What is a compacino machine?
- Ellen will behave herself at the oscars, believe me.
Jamie Lee C.
- Wasn't Andy Griffith's character in A Face in the Crowd based on Tennessee Ernie Ford?
- Thanks, R320. Good story and makes me like Tom Hanks at least a little bit more than I did prior to reading it.
- R310. Agnes was the only person on the 'Bewitched' set who made time for the minors on set. The only one. She was sadly a deeply closeted mess but at least she was decent enough to make sure that the little girl who
played Tabitha and whoever the heck else were being tended to nicely.
- It's "copacino," r322. Lol
- For the younger people, Elizabeth Montgomery's father was a superstar in the '30s. Later, he went on television with his own show. He was a prominent Rebublican.
His best performance on film, in my opinion, is as the killer in "Night Must Fall". Look for it on the ongoing TCM schedule after this month.
OY, younger than who? Bewitched was on TV almost fifty years ago and people are supposed to be familiar with who Samantha's real life father was? A superstar of the 1930's is a bit of hyperbole. You are cute and sweet to be such a loyal fan though.
- R330, Bewitched (re)ran on TVLand during the '90s and is currently running on MeTV. Lots of younger people know who Elizabeth Montgomery is, but might not know that her father was a movie star in the '30s and a TV star in the '50s.
R327 Doesn't surprise me about Agnes Moorehead's concern for the children. Her rapport with children is obvious and quite touching to watch in her scenes with Tabitha and later on, Adam.
- re:166 Corbin Bersen I worked on a show with him back in the 90s. A super low budget piece of garbage. Evil man. Told leading lady Joan Severance (sp?) before love scene "Is that your pussy I smell?" In front of entire crew. Tripped crew member he hated, who I think went on to sue him. She fell hard and hurt her back. This list could be endless...
Many have the "Don't look them in the eyes" rule Stallone for one. He's also a psycho, gets teamsters to hire hookers for him, he's so demented, he can't pay one enough money to come back for a 2nd night. He and his wife and kids stay in seperate rooms of the hotel. Hilary Swank showed up at work NEVER knowing her lines. The director hated her, it was a daily battle. That kinda surprised me, I thought she'd be professional, she'd won 2 Oscars at that point. Dennis Millar (comedian/actor) wouldn't even show up for work if he wasn't in the mood. Talk about fucking up everyone's day, the last minute rescheduling, the massive amounts of $$$ he cost the production. He treated his assistant like shit. He snapped his fingers, pointed and said "Car." Meaning please get my car. Acted like a horrible, spoiled brat. Treated people like they were less than dogs. The Mary Tyler Moore and Valerie Harper tv movie reunion? (2000) V.H. vowed she'd never work with MTM again. That show didn't make it to series because of that. The Daily Production Sheet was in a type of font that made V.H.'s name appear larger than MTM's. MTM had a major bitched out hissy fit. This is a document only the cast and crew ever see. Valerie had had enough of her b.s. diva attitude.
I could go on, I just don't have 2 hours right now... Maybe later.
- Oh, here's another one. They had to pay actresses who worked with Andy Griffith extra, because he was a lecherous old man, hitting on and groping his female co-stars.
- John Cougar Mellencamp.
I managed a record store in the 90s in a downtown metro location. Many musical acts stayed within a block of store and would pop in. Mellencamp came in the day of his show at rhe ampitheater and totalky RIPPED an associate a new asshole fir not having a display of him in the store.
He is a total dick.
Sheryl Crow is tough to work with. Very insecure and demanding.
Jeff Ament from Pearl Jam was lovely.
Kristin Hersh came in too and she was a total asshole to everyone in the store.
- Even in North Carolina, the people from The Andy Griffith show will remember how unlikeable Andy Griffith could be. The supporting cast were all dolls to each other and everybody else and stayed in touch with each other for years, but nobody ever saw AG except for Don Knotts.
- Why did Elizabeth Montgomery hate Dick York so much? She even refused to return his phone calls as he was dying. Pretty cold. Could at least say goodbye. Unsurprisingly, she scarcely mentions York in her autobiography.
I know Elizabeth originally wanted Dick Sargent as Darrin, but Sargent was contracted to another series. So York was brought in.
- Eartha Kitt stiffed me on the bill plus tip for a party of 8 at a restaurant. Cunt.
- R332 They're called [italic] paragraphs [italic/]
- Speaking of Andy Griffith, Frances Bavier (Aunt Bee) was notoriously nasty to everyone on the Andy Griffith set. Years later she actually publicly apologized to them all for being so difficult to work with.
- Oh Christ, another italics fail. [/italic]
Rwhatever from the Lizabeth Scott thread.
- Aunt Bee-yotch
- "Sheryl Crow is tough to work with. Very insecure and demanding."
Explains her relationship with Lance.
"Kristin Hersh came in too and she was a total asshole to everyone in the store."
Never understood her "indie cred". Her labelmate Lisa Germano was *vastly* more talented and cooler.
- "When Andy Griffith died, they buried him on the family plot five hours later. I wonder why..."
- R344, they wanted to read his Will before sundown and the bars closed.
- [quote]at least she was decent enough to make sure that the little girl who played Tabitha and whoever the heck else were being tended to nicely.
That's because according to one of the Tabithas she was trying to convert them. She was a fundie.
- A friend of mine attended a taping of The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. During a commercial break, Bob Hope, who was extremely hard of hearing in his later years, walked across the stage to say hello to Johnny. The audience starting yelling "Bob, Bob!" but apparently he thought they were booing him so he flipped them off.
- Danny Thomas liked awful shits, but I don't know if he actually was one.
- Yes, R346, by Erin Murphy's account she read them Bible stories. In spite of that, Erin and her twin Diane were fond of her enough to call her "Grandmama" off-camera as well as on. The politics were better left to the adults.
- R90, what is a snotty Australian style? I've always heard the opposite ie. unpretentious, down-to-earth.
- R62 -- Do you know if it was a scandal when Bing married Catherine Grant? She was so much younger than that liver-spotted old fuck.
- [quote]The audience starting yelling "Bob, Bob!" but apparently he thought they were booing him so he flipped them off.
They were saying, "BOO-urns! BOO-urns!" (They thought he was George Burns.)
- As told to me by someone who worked at the BBC. There was a fat fuck who was on some talent show a while back, and I mean really fat not gay 3lbs overweight fat. Rik Waller I think his name was. He was on a Brit TV show, Top of the Pops, on the same day as David Bowie. Waller, the unknown talent show wannabe, turned up with an entourage of about 20, making demands about everything, the water was wrong, he needed Manuka honey, he didn't like the car they'd sent... Bowie turned up with one PA, was as nice as could be to everyone, asked for a cup of coffee.
No reported sightings of fat fuck since.
I once bumped into Sean Connery in the street (literally, walked round a corner and bumped into him) and he was so nice about it, he apologised to me for being in the way and it was entirely my fault. Very well mannered and strikingly handsome.
- David Bowie has always had a reputation of being a very nice guy.
- "I've also heard from a resort worker the Carol Burnett was absolutely horrible, just nasty for the sake of nasty."
r267, if you're still reading this, I would love to hear any and all the specifics you heard about Carol's behavior! Everyone always seems to have good things to say about her, it's refreshing to hear something different!
- R129 Debbie Weems. I went to school with her.
- Re: 339
Yeah, 'cuz that's what *really* matters, paragraphs. Why don't you go harass youtubers??
- R324 No, Arthur Godfrey
- [R310] Someone who worked for Elizabeth Montgomery's manager said that her father brought her on the set of June Bride. As Bette Davis walked by her, she looked at Elizabeth and said, "You know, if they ever made a movie of my life, you could play me, and I'm not sure that's a compliment."
Also, regarding the kids, Elizabeth's daughter and the Tabitha shared a birthday and Elizabeth always gave them a party together.
- [R293] David Cassidy, years ago, was involved in some Broadway show that he ended up being fired from before it opened. The company rehearsed in the same rehearsal studios that we did, and one day I was sitting outside. He came outside, looked at me and stopped dead in his tracks. I looked at him and he said, oh, you look so much like a friend of mine. Then instead of going back to rehearsal he stayed in the waiting area and if someone couldn't find something, he'd direct them. It's no wonder he was fired from the show. He didn't rehearse.
- Tom Welling is rumored to have been a fucking nightmare to work with on Smallville. Ten years and he didn't leave that show with a single friend.
- [R254] Bill Cosby is a walking horror show.
- R361, aww that makes me sad.
R362, yeah no shit. He loathes white people.
- I know someone who has worked with Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, and George Clooney, and she says they were all fabulous. Matt Damon is like a brother to her.
I've heard bad things for years about Kate Jackson, Bing Crosby, Bonnie Hunt, Lauren Bacall, Ellen de Generes, Bill Cosby, Marlo Thomas, Julia Roberts.
I've heard good things about Johnny Depp, Damon, Pitt, Clooney, John Stamos, to name a few.
- R363 Does Bill reads Data Lounge? That would certainly give him good reason to hate gay white people.
- Ed Norton can be a tool to have to work with. Does he work anymore?
- Come back, ex-filmie! You have some great stuff! Let's hear some more...
- Lauren Holly. Slept with both Alice West and David E. Kelley during Picket Fences, seeing that as her ticket to be an absolute shit on set. Knew better than to be openly contemptuous of her bed partners/bosses, saved that for later lovers like Jim Carrey and Rachel Hunter (she stole trinkets from Hunter and tried to make Carrey go bankrupt when he was making 20 million per).
- "He [Bill Cosby] loathes white people."
He also loathes black people who aren't up to his educational and cultural standards, he's sais some very nasty things about lower-social-class black people to the press.
Basically, he hates everyone who's not him.
- Kent Nagano
- What about Steve Martin? He doesn't seem like a happy man
- Bonnie Hunt? Really?
- The Phylicia Rashad story about how she hates Bill Cosby is BS. I'm not defending Cosby (There's way too many stories about his asshole behavior) but Rashad is one of the few who adores him and has never badmouthed him. And she is one of the few people whom Cosby adores.
Now Cosby and Telma Hopkins did not get along AT ALL when they were filming the pilot of Cosby. Bill had her canned after a disastrous week of rehearsals for the pilot. Rashad was called in as a last minute replacement because they were desperate for someone and they knew how well they both got along with each other. While it was not as happy a set as The Cosby Show was (Bill's son was tragically murdered halfway through first season taping. Madeline Kahn died during the end of the shows run) it was not a battlefield.
Phylicia gets slammed for her sometimes haughty manner when she speaks in interviews. But she is one of the nicest celebrities you would ever want to meet. Grounded and very down to earth.
- I met Robert Goulet once. He was very nice. He hung out with me after a play in Toronto in the parking lot. Barbara Eden was getting all the attention & he just waited for her & the car. Martha Stewart , on the other hand is an awful bitch. I stayed at the same hotel with her once. She treated everyone like a piece of shit.
- Cosby might be an asshole, and his methods might be offensive, but I do believe he was trying to help those people who felt they were being attacked.
- Robert Goulet was a great guy and a lot of fun; Barbara Eden is very, very nice. Sophia Loren also is lovely.
- Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned Anne Meara as being another awful character, and I'll second that. I was waiting to tape a TV show in the green room (and trying to slip some of the food off the courtesy counter into my change-of-clothes bag) and Jerry Stiller and Meara were also there because they were about to tape the same show just before me. He was vague and unfocussed, but she was downright sour, an embittered old rag who'd turn on anyone who addressed her.
In case anyone is wondering, I got a bagel and a half, a Danish, and some grapes. It made my day.
- You're a fucking freeloading cocksucker, r377, you goddamned car wash cunt! I remember you like it was yesterday, asshole!
- I've met a few very nice celebs when I hang out in Time Square once in a while. Kelly Ripa , nice down to earth. She talked like we were old HS friends, like she does on the show. Alan Cummings. very nice & friendly. Denis O'Hare, He was on his bike last summer. Poor guy was sweating like a pig. It was about 90 degrees out. He was still super friendly. He is so cute up close, beautiful green eyes. He said he was going to "In to the Woods" at Central Park.
- [quote]Kristin Hersh came in too and she was a total asshole to everyone in the store.
Jesus, that is shocking to me. No kidding. She is one of the nicest people I know on this planet.
- Has Denzel been mentioned yet? If not, DENZEL.
- I hear Dick Cavett is a total ass. Any stories ?
- I've heard Michael Keaton can be an insufferable prick and don't you dare ask him for an autograph.
- You willingly hang out in Times Square, R379?
- (R385) not really. Only when i'm in the area for some reason or I have family in town that wants to sightsee ...its way to crazy for me to just go for nothing at all.
- I can't believe all you fucking freaks pilling tea on us celebrities... It's fucking ridiculous is what it is! If anyone else here talks fucknuts shit about me, I'll have them taken care of, you pricks!
- I forgot to add that I even had time to butter the bagel pieces and nobody saw me. And if you're really Anne Meara, tell me what I said that made you so angry.
- 238 anyone who chooses any of their beliefs based on what they read on the net is a moron.
- Cilla Black. Cuntiest cunt who ever cunted.
- In Richard Carpenter's defense, the cousin-bride is adopted and therefor not a blood relation.
- I think that Bauvier really didn't get along with Andy Griffith. The supporting actors, Floyd, Howard, Goober, Ron Howard all kept up with Bauvier when she retired. She lived in Siler City NC and people there still remember seeing all these guys for years before she died. Ron Howard used to bring his wife and children every year to visit her and you never saw her without her having gotten a letter or a phone call from one of them.
- That is touching to hear, R392.
- [quote]In Richard Carpenter's defense, the cousin-bride is adopted and therefor not a blood relation.
It's still pretty fucking gross, though.
- What the hell is "pilling tea", R387?
- This is ancient history even for Datalounge, but Wallace Beery, a hugely popular star in the 20s and 30s, had a lovable public image but was well-known in Hollywood for being a gigantic asshole.
- I am amazed no one has mentioned the madman Alec Baldwin. Easily the worst.
- What about people that have bad reps that actually do nice things for people?
Betty Buckley is actually a pretty good person, does lots for charities and even adopts abandoned animals. She was very kind to me when I was going through a very rough time and even included me at her table for dinner one night. I'm nobody famous or powerful. You never read about that on DL.
- What a depressing thread. :( So many people I like turn out to be awful.
I like R320, nice story.
- [quote]He said he was going to "In to the Woods" at Central Park.
Code for going to score some trade in the Ramble.
- r383, Bert who? Reynolds? Details, please.
- (R401) Nooooo ! It was when he was doing the play "Into The Woods" at Central Park last summer (2012). It was around 11:30am in the morning & he said rehearsal started at noon. The only reason I got to chat with him is because he stopped on his bike to call home & say he was almost at the park. I think he may check in when he rides in the city so Hugo knows he wasn't killed in the crazy traffic.
- Piggybacking on R368, I had a friend who worked on the set of All My Children back in the day when Lauren Holly played Julie. Rumor on the set was that Lauren had slept with someone because all of a sudden she was the focus of the show. Susan Lucci was not at all pleased at the focus Lauren's character was getting.
Lauren was snotty to most everyone. The show did focus groups and found that people preferred the actors who played Nico and Cecily, who went on to become a hot couple on the show. Seeing that the audience didn't care of Lauren, she got less airtime and eventually she quietly left the show. She went from total focus of the storylines to hardly anything.
- Bing Crosby
- Ben Stiller has a seething temper that lurks just beneath the surface. I know a very good friend of his who was late to dinner we were all invited to. I said hello to Ben who asked me if I was sure I was supposed to be here. I said probably not because you are sort of rude and the rest of X's friends are pretty cool.
- Karen Carpenter was awful. When my friend was a manager at one of the Sheratons, Karen and her brother came to the hotel and Karen was awful to everyone. She insisted that they open the kitchen for her, and when it was, she said she wanted other than what they were prepared to make. Finally my friend had her boss speak with Karen, and her boss told her to get out of the hotel.
- [quote]Jessica Alba is the supreme BITCH of all time. NO ONE can stand that self absorbed cunt.
She's awful, and can't act out of a paper bag! Alba complained that there weren't many restaurants in Albuquerque...but, she was actually in Farmington.
She later apologized to Albuquerque for her stupidity.
- Periodically, WASHINGTONIAN magazine conducts a poll for charity. In the poll, Congressional and Senate aides are asked to voted in various categories about the members of the House and Senate.
In the hall of shame as the worst bosses on Capitol Hill are Barbara Mikulski (D-Maryland), the late Arlen Specter (R-Pennsylvania) and the late Ted Stevens (R-Alaska)
Right now, the nicest member of Congress, according to the poll, is Rep. Lois Capps (D-California), a former school nurse.
My cousin works on Capitol Hill in a non-political job. He said that two of the nicest members he has dealt with were Newt Gingrich and Barney Frank. Yeah, I was surprised, too
- I remember an interview from years ago, in which one of the producers or writers on MASH the tv series said that the cast -- except for Larry Linville -- were obnoxious
- Reading through this thread reminded me of some other "nasty celebrity stories". I've never met a flight attendant who had nice things to say about Oprah back when she flew commercial. She wanted black crew members to "serve" her and wouldn't talk to white crew members for the most part. However a black friend of mine approached her and said "Miss Winfrey, may I bring you another cocktail?" Oprah glanced up from her book and curtly replied, "I'll let you know when I want another drink. My friend said that uppity black woman didn't see me the rest of the flight.
Several years ago a friend had Faye Dunaway on and she finally said to him, "Don't you know who I am?" He looked at her puzzled and said, "No, should I?" (He actually didn't know who she was.)
I've heard Bill Cosby was rude as well. It was known that he was "dating" a flight attendant from my domicile, so the philandering rumors are true.
I just flew with someone this month who had Lucille Ball on a flight, said she was nasty. She was eventually banned from flying my airline after slapping a flight attendant.
And Jerry Lewis has a reputation for being an asshole too. A flight attendant years ago had the police meet the aircraft but then backed down from pressing charges because she told him she didn't want his charity and the children to suffer from his actions.
- P.S. Ditto to what others have said about Julia Roberts. Definitely not a "pretty woman" on the plane. A friend told me she snapped at him when he treated her like any other passenger and said, "Stop pretending you don't know who I am and don't bother me the rest of the flight."
- r411 - do you work for American?
My understanding was Lucille Ball was banned from American when she threw a cup of coffee the flight attendant brought her because she was so drunk.
- Nope, United. So I guess we weren't the only airline that didn't love Lucy.
- Lou the stew, tell us more! Please! TIA.
- Yeah, Lucille Ball developed a drinking problem later in her life.
Jerry Lewis is pathetic. He came here to do a charity and had the nerve to ask the charity organizer to get him prostitutes.
I had dealings with Faye Dunaway and she was nice, though I know she usually isn't. Not the warmest person I ever met, but she was very polite and when I left smiled and said goodbye.
- My friend never said Faye Dunaway was rude. I guess I should have clarified. Years ago I had Susan Ruttan (I know, who?) from L.A. Law on a flight. She played Roxanne, the secretary of Corbin Bernsen on the show. Anyway, I asked her if she would like a beverage and she wouldn't look at me and her assistant spoke for her. I know this is common with a lot of celebrities but geez she was C-list at best even when the show was on.
- Ha, the thing that makes me LOL at that post is that when I was a kid, way too young to watch or really know anything about "L.A. Law" except that it was big hit show that adults loved, I saw Susan Ruttan as a square on Hollywood Squares. And (remember, from my warped perspective), I thought Hollywood Squares must be the real showcase of the top stars, because why wouldn't the want the most exciting stars of the moment? So I assumed she was a VERY big deal on this hit show, and that the four stars, or basically co-equal rank, were Harry Hamlin, Susan Dey, Jimmy Smits, and Susan Ruttan.
Imagine my surprise a few years later when I had gotten old enough to stay up to watch the show myself, to find out that the woman whose I expected from her Hollywood experience to be the glamorous star who woud be driving the action any time she was on sreen..... was actually a soft-spoken mousy figure who (at that point) was barely ever on screen
- Touché R418. But trust me, she thought she was Julia Roberts on that flight.
- Zachary Quinto. Egotistical cokehead, faux intellectual.
- On the subject of Congress, here is what a good friend of mine told me (and he should know, since he works on the Hill).
Barbara Mikulski-Md (pain in the ass), John McCain-Az (arrogant and nasty), Mario Rubio-Fl (dumb and lazy). As for Specter, my friend told me that the office of Specter was a revolving door.
When Biden and Kennedy were in both senators, they were adored by their staff. Although I find it hard to believe, my friend--gay, left-wing, and hard boiled--spoke highly of Jesse Helms. Said he was a perfect gentleman.
I was told that when he was in the Senate, John Edwards was phony and rude. He also was hung and had an amazing ass. My friend saw it in the gym. One more thing.
My friend swore that Richard Lugar, the former senator of IN, was as gay as a treeful of parrots. I heard that Lugar was not only very closeted but after a few drinks would rip on the Senate.
- Since you brought up Sen. Kennedy, he was known for plopping his ass in first class when he had a coach seat assignment and think he could get away with it. On the other hand....his handsome nephew, JFK Jr. was upgraded free by the agents because he was so damn charming and handsome.
- That's hilarious about Susan Ruttan, Lou. I haven't even seen her name or thought about her since LA Law was on.
- I beg to differ regarding Lucille Ball.
While working for TWA, I would escort vips from domestic to int'l and vice versa, stay with them and see to their needs.
She was polite, yet reserved. At the end of our stay, I told her how much I admired her from her earliest movies on. She was completely thrilled to hear it. We even talked about her early movies from the 40's.
She even offered me a huge tip that I wouldn't accept.
One of my absolute favorite encounters.
As for her supposed nasty behavior with flight attendants? They are most likely fabricated or the attendants were cunts.
- [quote]the four stars, or basically co-equal rank, were Harry Hamlin, Susan Dey, Jimmy Smits, and Susan Ruttan.
This cracks me up!
- Lauren Holly would sleep with anyone for status. If Chaz Bono's post-op career was hotter, she'd start fucking..."him".
As she's aged the pretense has dropped, a tad. I've seen her twice around the usual LA/Hollywood haunts. Both times she had an attractive young woman on her arm. She seems content to be a side player that scores a lot of pussy offscreen. I'm sure it beats sleeping with a guy like Jim Carrey just to keep the Q rating up.
- @420 zachary does have a douche face. Super unlikable. \t
- Bob Hope was nothing like his public image.
Cheated on wife Dolores all throughout their marriage . . . even kept a mistress in an apartment within walking distance from his home for booty calls.
Marilyn Maxwell was his mistress for years.
- Oldies - from my uncle:
Gregory Peck- lovely man.
Laurence Olivier - could be a nightmare, but mellowed considerably.
James Stewart - polite, funny.
John Gielgud - extremely professional, extremely filthy stories.
Christopher Lee - initially guarded, but surprisingly normal. Hard working
Vincent Price - just as you would imagine Vincent Price.
Henry Fonda - cold, cold, cold, angry man
Peter Cushing - someone from another age. Sweet, kind, funny - a gentleman and a gentle man.
Bette Davis - crabby old nutbag.
Brando - ummm...
And his least favourite - Rex Harrison.
- I had family that met Vincent Price. Said to be one of the sweetest people they'd met. Maybe he was different on-set.
R426, Lauren dated out-lesbian Ingrid Casares in the 90's, and didn't make much of a secret of it. Prior to that liaison she was seen around town with Holly Marie Combs. Her love of women has never been far from the surface. Seemed to fuck men for work.
A name that should be mentioned is Dustin Hoffman. I don't mean once, I mean in every post multiple times. Miserable, awful, vile. It's hard to do a young Dustin's ACTOR personality justice. Tootsie barely hints at the truth.
- When asked by Howard Stern which guest star on her mother's weekly series was the biggest prick, Lucie Arnaz said that Rudy Vallee was an incredible asshole.
- Chevy Chase is a complete prick. My friend saw him smoking in a L.A. restaurant. He politely asked him to put his cigarette away. Chevy said "Don't you know who I am?" My friend replied yes and if he knew how to read the no smoking sign or if he needed help with a cue card.
- R430 - sorry if I gave the impression that VP wasn't nice.
He was apparently very warm, kind, funny and incredibly erudite...
- [quote]Vincent Price - just as you would imagine Vincent Price.
Which means what ?
- Oh, and his wife Corale Brown was ballsy and hysterically funny...
- [quote]My friend swore that Richard Lugar, the former senator of IN, was as gay as a treeful of parrots.
Probably couldn't come out in a place like Indiana. Look at who the Republicans tried to replace him with. They're not exactly very liberal there.
- r434 - Vincent Price has the reputation of being a very nice man, and he was...
Thus "Vincent Price - just as you would imagine Vincent Price"
Sorry for the confusion.
- Adam West said Vincent was his favorite guest star on Batman, besides the Big 4 (Romero, Newmar, Gorshin & Meredith). Said Price was warm, funny and an all-around nice guy.
Yvonne "Batgirl" Craig has said many times that she loved all her villain co-stars...except Rudy Vallee.
- [quote]I worked on THE CAPTION KANGAROO SHOW for 5 years. Bob Keeshan, the Caption, was the nastiest, most vile, meanest and most sadistic man I have ever meet. He actually had the entire wardrobe dept. reduced to tears every day- and these were some hard core NY wardrobe people, mind you. A first class asshole--my stories would curl your hair....
I've always wondered why Keeshan and his show never got any recognition, and why after all those years entertaining the kids he wasn't hailed as a living legend. In fact, when CBS pulled the plug it was the biggest non-event ever, and I thought it was shabby of CBS to treat him like they did. I guess I know why now.
A friend used to ride the first train in the morning with him from Long Island to NYC during the early days of the show, and he said that Keeshan was an odd man, very quiet, wouldn't talk, wouldn't make eye contact, and he never read or slept or anything--he just sat rigid in his seat staring straight ahead.
- Nancy Pelosi can outcunt anyone. She is reviled by those who know her in Washington and SF.
- could r440 be a lying fantasist freep-ape?
Eh, who cares..
- "I worked on THE CAPTION KANGAROO SHOW for 5 years. Bob Keeshan, the Caption, was the nastiest, most vile, meanest and most sadistic man I have ever meet. He actually had the entire wardrobe dept. reduced to tears every day- and these were some hard core NY wardrobe people, mind you. A first class asshole--my stories would curl your hair...."
Caption Kangaroo . . . LOL!
- One does not need to be a Republicunt to hate Pelosi. The botox has frozen her heart.
- Let me tell you about Deb Messing...
- R400 I don't think that the people you admire turn out to me horrible, but they just turn out to be human. Lots of us are assholes on occasion, but when a celeb, especially one who might have public image as a sweetheart, etc, has a bad day and acts like an ass, it becomes news.
And I do think that having people kiss your ass all day long, insulate you from criticism, even when deserved, messes with your brain. At some point, these celebs, who are likely not all that secure to begin with, start believing in some of the hype. As they become less relevant, being treated like a "regular" person again must feel even more insulting to them as it underscores that they are no longer in the big leagues. I think this is why a lot of these stories are about actors, celebs who are well past their prime.
I am always suspicious of stories where Actors have supposedly said things to waiters or flight attendants such as the recent comment attributed to Oprah, "I will let you know when I want something". It is possible that the waiter or flight attendant was going overboard with their attention. I was at a dinner years ago, that was part of a convention that had a relatively minor celebrity speaker. She ended up being seated at our table and she was funny, and friendly, but the wait staff were so annoying, asking a million times if she needed anything, and over doing the attention. It was disruptive to the whole table. She started out very gracious, but it persisted. Finally, she kindly said, "I think we are fine here and if we need something we know where to find you".
I am not a big Oprah fan, at all, in fact I really can't stand her, but the part of the story we don't know is the context part. Was she tired of constant interruptions to see if she needed anything? Or was she just saying to the attendant, "I'm fine and if I need something I will let you know" or was she being a bitch and saying basically "Keep the fuck away unless I summon you?" Who knows?
The stories that turn me off are when celebs are purported to be assholes in the work setting. I could really care less if they hurt some fan's feelings who feels entitled to interrupt them while eating dinner or taking a piss at the urninal, but when they treat the crew like shit, or pull the "Don't make eye contact" crap, that is when I get really turned off.
If the crew doesn't do their job, then the actor can't do his or her job.
- For all the baseball fan idolatry he continues to receive, Ted Williams was a fucking asshole.
- [QUOTE]Nancy Pelosi can outcunt anyone. She is reviled by those who know her in Washington and SF.
So the Republicans are actually right on this one?
- I can't think of Captain Kangaroo without thinking of a funny story I heard Lynda Carter tell in an interview. She met him in the 70s and said what an asshole he was, and he reminded her of a walrus.
- R447, no one ever considered Pelosi to have a squeaky clean image. In fact, her position stems directly from the awareness of her personality and tendencies, which are assets where she is.
Are you paying attention to what the thread is about, or do you just want to jump in and shit about a female Democrat?
- A friend of mine was a New York theatre and LA movie actor, and he knew just about everyone, from taking Joan Crawford on a studio date to drinking with Shelley Winters to getting a blow job from Raymond Burr to repeat appearances on "I Love Lucy."
He said Shelley Winters was absolutely genuine, if half nuts. She was an early defender of gay people and would throw a shit fit at homophobic behavior around her.
Lucy was just "professional." You didn't get friendly, you knew your lines and business, and you got out of the way. He witnessed her "That light is going out" sensitivity to the studio set - she could tell when a particular lights wattage wasn't up to snuff.
He was an early friend of James Earl Jones and only had good things to say about him.
And to keep my own advice on sticking to the thread's theme, he said Charlton Heston was a creep and a closet case. He was in the same building as James Franciscus for a while, and Heston would show up to pick him up to go play tennis. He said Heston was an arrogant, rather stupid jerk. Franciscus, however, was very nice. He had the distinct impression that Heston had the serious hots for Franciscus and didn't like people seeing him that way.
And while Yvonne DeCarlo wasn't exactly squeaky clean and wasn't an awful shit, he said she was passed around Hollywood for sex like nobody's business.
He appeared in a movie with Henry Fonda, who he said was professional and aloof, even though they had several intense scenes together.
And he was another one who said Andy Griffith was dreadful. By the way, the rapid burial was from Griffith's own orders - he had planned his funeral long before his death and wanted to be buried immediately with no fanfare.
- Good post, R451!
Heston as a repressed closet case would explain so much.
Andy Griffith giving an interview once, and when they mentioned Face in the Crowd, you could see he really didn't want to go there, and dismissed it by saying something about how he hated that role because it took him to places he didn't want to go. I've always thought that maybe he was more like Dusty Roads than he cared to admit.
- I may be completely out of touch with reality here, but I just can't believe that Andy Griffith was terrible. I could buy he was the genial guy that his Character Andy Taylor was, but Terrible?
To this day, I still love the Andy Griffith show. On its surface it is a hick show, but honestly if you take the time the humor is surprisingly sophisticated and I loved the message of a Sheriff who won't carry a gun. Andy was a pacifist.
- No one will ever convince me Karen Carpenter ordered the kitchen opened.
- What about John Cusack? I just posted a reference to him elsewhere but thought he would fit well on this thread. He is rumored to be a class A asshole, yet despite I will always love him for Better Off Dead, the bestest movie ever
- [re: 367]
Thanks, I'm flattered. I just don't care for the grammar police ("Paragraphs. Heard of them?") I could write a book and may, someday. I think the only people who'd believe it would be people who've worked in the industry.
Everyone's afraid to talk because they'd never work again. I have no intentions of working in that soul sucking industry again, so I don't care.
Only little stuff comes to mind right now. Darryl Hannah is missing the top joint of her index finger. They don't show it on film, or she wears a prosthesis to hide it.
Esai Morales has just about every extra into his trailer. Not sure if it's just the female ones either.
Kelsay Grammer did coke in his trailer with my friend. (not sure if that's a big deal)
Farrah Fawcett big coke head. Worked coked up. When I saw the famous 1999(?) Letterman appearance, I wasn't surprised.
Chevy Chase had a crew member (won't tell you who) pick up a package for him at customs. Full of prescription drugs for which he had no prescriptions. In order to keep his name out of the press, and not be sued by my friend, Chase settled out of court. I'm not sure how much exactly, but one million dollars was a figure mentioned. Enough to help this person buy many vehicles for the circus. (for anyone who doesn't know, that's what the trucks and trailers for film are called; the circus.) He rents them out to films now.
There are some other stories that come to mind but if I tell them, my identity could be easily traced.
I'll have to go through my old scripts and see if anything comes to mind.
Hope that helped! I'd love to hear the dirt on Julia Roberts. I've never worked with her, but the way she stole the husband of some innocent woman and wore a shirt that made it into several magazines was not classy. That shirt? "A low Vera" Obviously a play on Aloe Vera, was directed at his wife named Vera.
Can't get what you want? Hell, if you've got celebrity and money, you can get whatever you want. BTW I always thought Julia was a dog. I've heard that one of her exes (Benjamin Bratt? not sure) said she needed constant ego stroking. "Do you think I'm beautiful?" He said she was so damned insecure it drove him nuts. It's kind of like when obese women ask you over and over, "Do you think I'm fat?" Eventually you get sick of it and end up saying something they might not want to hear. I just say "You know what weight you feel comfortable at." That always shuts 'em up!
On a more positive note; on Waterworld, Dennis Hopper gave his gf $10,000.00 in cash. All small bills. I think that's pretty cool.
- I read somewhere that Farrah Fawcett left her coke behind at some hotel. She called and asked them to mail it to her.
I know Billy Bob Thornton and John Cusack used to be drinking buddies. The only other thing I know about J.C. is kinda neutral. He has body issues, insecure. Even in summer, he'd wear his long trench coat to cover everything. Sorry, don't really have any dirt on him.
- Anything on Lee Majors, was he/is a nice guy?
- r459, no, Lee is/was not a nice guy.
- Mark Wahlberg
- no, Lee is/was not a nice guy.
I always heard that he was. Anything he did in particular?
- [quote]Lauren dated out-lesbian Ingrid Casares in the 90's, and didn't make much of a secret of it. Prior to that liaison she was seen around town with Holly Marie Combs.
Holly Marie Combs is gay?
- Very old scoop on David Cassidy my best friend in school went on to work in the music business and she was 19 when he was 38 or so, he hounded her for months to go out with him till she finally said yes. She spent one completely debauched night with him, piles of coke on the table etc, sex on the stairs and he split afterwards and never contacted her again took her innocence if you know what I mean, asshole.
Also my brother dated Belinda Carlisle he took me to a GoGos concert and the backstage party afterwards was very lame, pop stars wandering around stoned and she was a total whiny fussy annoying person, complaining about the cigarette smoke (this was the 80's).. Didn't drink or smoke, I was surprised she turned out to b such a druggie.
- Anyone ever work with Jodie Foster?
- R454, the thing you don't understand about anorexia is that it's rarely a person refusing to eat for months on end. All human beings need a certain level of sustenance, especially those with an eating disorder, and they already have fucked up issues with food. So, very often, a person with anorexia will have the sudden, very strong impulse to binge eat. So it's understandable that a person with money, influence, and anorexia would demand that a kitchen be open at a certain time.
And even if it wasn't for a binge, anorexics have very ritualistic behavior the times they do eat. Perhaps she had convinced herself if she ate at a certain time, she wouldn't be compelled to overeat, or she wouldn't gain weight. So maybe she wanted the kitchen open for that too.
- Some will only eat lettuce with mustard on it. So weird. Sometimes they just want to look at the food. Anyway they are completely obsessed with the food but they have to control their obsession. So sad because they usually die by 40, if not earlier.
- Can you tell us more about Z. Quinto R420? I'm curious to know if he hooked up with anyone during Star Trek Into Darkness...
- [quote]Anyone ever work with Jodie Foster?
A friend of mine did. Let me think: indecisive, has to have it her way even if she's very wrong, her instincts as a director are off, off, off!
- Caption Kangaroo might be better than Lens Dunham.
- RE: don't look them in the eyes --
I am a singer in a small town and part of my job is chatting up my audience between sets. SOmetimes I'm tired and don't want to chat, but if someone looks me in the eyes, I'm more or less obliged to speak to them. I can imagine if I were actually famous and it happened on a regular basis, I would not want to have to respond - especially backstage when I would obviously have other things on my mind. On another note, yes, I too have heard Tom Hanks is a drunk and a wife-beater. Remember, he is a very good actor and can pull off the Mr. Nice Guy easily.
- Has anyone here met and spent time with Brian J Smith or Russell Tovey?
- Lucille Ball - family friends had some connection with her through someone and at the person's suggestion, called her when they were in LA. She had them to her home and was extremely friendly and gracious.
- James Franciscus can look like a young Charlton Heston, so with Cheston there's narcissism as well R451
- R455, I have never, ever, ever liked John Cusack. There is something about him I just don't like - too smug for his own good? Not even good-looking? Not even *that* talented? Perhaps being smart in a business where most guys are dumbs as bricks somehow misguided him.
Love his sister, though. Dunno what she's like but at least she's talented.
And, DL, yes I know this isn't supposed to be a thread where you post *opinions* of celebrities.
- Ex-Filmie, why would D Hopper give his gf 10,000 in cash?
- R464, from the look of him now, I'd say someone probably took his own innocence at some point. Looks like he only repeated what he knew. Sorry it had to be your friend, though. It probably happened to a lot of others.
- R469 Her instincts as a director are indeed way, way off. Little Man Tate was not a good film. I was about 16 when it came out and was expecting a lot from this film - to put it mildly, I was disappointed.
Didn't find Home for the holidays all that interesting either, except it sort of outed RDJr for me, and the guy from The Practice was super cute as always.
Haven't seen The Marmot.
- Tom Hanks is one of the best actors of his generation. And, for better or worse, he has been representing human, mainstream America since the 1980s. I think you can learna lot from watching his films.
- Re: 477)
It was her birthday. Sorry, left that out somehow!
- Errol Flynn...sociopath, pedophile.
- Bumping for dirt
- [quote]And if you're really Anne Meara, tell me what I said that made you so angry.
Oh, trust me. Anne won't be telling you, or anyone anything, maybe ever again.
It's a sad secret. Anne has had a stroke, has severe speech aphasia, and can't talk. She's living in a home/institution. It's sad secret for some reason as if getting old and sick is shameful. Poor Jerry is really losing it too.
I used to work and live near them on the UWS, and would run into them a lot. I worked at Jerry's gym, and he was very nice to me (teenaged janitor). He would stand on his head, naked, and tell me jokes. I liked him a lot, he was goofy like my own dad. He and Anne thought nothing about having a big fight in public., I observed
- He would stand on his head naked???
- He claimed it counterbalanced the large portion of our lives we walked the other way around. He said it was good for your circulation.
- r480 = Rita Wilson
- I worked as security Mgr in a concert venue in Baltimore in the late 80's.. I caught Axle Rose pissing on the wall and carpet in the hallway outside his dressing room. He told me he had to go.. Biggest cunt was one hit wonder Alannah Myles (Black Velvet). She wanted me to evict the owner of the concert hall cause he asked her for an autograph.. Nicest guy award without question goes to Bret Michaels (Poison). He stood outside next to his tour bus for three hours signing autographs..
- julia Robert started her career in film doing porn films why is there no mention of this anywhere?
- Geri Jewell is a bigot
- Eve could be such a cunt at times. But I had no other choice.
- I knew, when I saw the opening credits of "That Girl" with Marlo messing up her hair, I just knew she did that to irritate some poor hairdresser that had just finished making it look perfect.
- Third Watch cast members
- Ellen Degeneres
- I'm not sure if you'd say he has a "squeaky clean" image, but Michael Jordan is/was idolized but I've heard from multiple sources he's not a good person at all. He was mentioned earlier in the thread for being a bad tipper, but I've heard things that go FAR beyond just being a cheap ass.
-Heavily involved in gambling
-His first retirement so that he could "try baseball" was actually a suspension due to his gambling. He and the NBA worked out a deal to keep it out of the media to save his reputation and to save the NBA's most popular celebrity at the time.
-His father's murder is rumored to have been a message to Jordan, tied to gambling debts.
-His degree from UNC may have been a sham. Not really Jordan's fault, but UNC was recently exposed for having a shadow curriculum for athletes so that they didn't have to go to any classes but still maintained their eligibility. Reports indicate it's been in place for at least 2 decades, though there's some belief it was in place even when Jordan was in school.
- This thread is just an excuse for you misogynists to call women "cunts."
Get therapy, you need it.
- What would be your preferred word?
- [quote]Joy Behar was always very kind to her CNN crew. When the show started she invited them all to her apartment for a casual get together. I think she's a cool woman.
Yes, I'm not buying that Joy's a bitch.
Maybe a little direct.
- R494: Please go back to Ivillage, or whatever fucking frau cunt site you came here from.
CUNT x 10 MILLION
- Aaron Rodgers
- Personally I think this thread is fascinating - the contrast between a star's public persona when the cameras are on and their true personality when they're off.
- I know a woman who worked on Ellen's talk show for a while, and she told me that Ellen is a miserable bitch IRL, and has a drinking problem. Ellen was frequently hungover in the mornings, and was fond of berating her staff about the stupidest things. My friend told me Ellen is just a nasty, alcoholic bitch and suspected that she was taking nips of booze during working hours. Her public persona is totally opposite from what she's really like.
I asked my friend if any of the celebrity guests on the show were assholes, and she couldn't recall any specific instances. Said most of the guests were pleasant.
- just how big of an asshole is Eddie Cibrian? Can anyone provide some cases?
- Richard Carpenter is the reason why the supreme gay director Todd Haynes' first feature film, the Karen Carpenter Story can not be released, so Dick is a dick alright!
- I appreciate that this thread has called out Bill Cosby as being a piece of shit for years and years.
- Mr. Rogers ran an opium den, complete with Chinese whores & Thai ladyboys.
If you didn't pay your tab at month-end, you got a visit from Vinny the Hamster & it wasn't pretty.
- I can't imagine putting up with any of this for two seconds. I wouldn't keep a job very long. Then again, if the rest of you enablers would quit fawning, they wouldn't do it.
I love you.
her televised show from London which aired on what else, that crappy Lifetime, contains the most vicious most vile most atrocious racist classist attack on her Filipina maid and her people, heck Asians in general. what is it with these vile Jewish entertainers who r virulently racist?
"I worked with Marlo Thomas- a total bitch."
no wonder that cunt would spread her disgusting legs over and over again for one of the biggest war criminals the world has known, Henry Kissinger, who intentionally delayed the end of the vietnam war for 5 years, so that the Vile nixon could stay in power!\t
- There was a reason why Karen Walker always made fun of Marlo Thomas on Will & Grace.
It was an industry insider's joke, since everyone knew what a bitch Marlo was in real life.
- There are so many stories of Marlo Thomas being a raging cunt. I wonder why she's so angry, she's led a VERY charmed life and has had it really easy.
- R509: Probably because her acting career ended around 1969.
- Paul Rudd is a rude entitled asshole. A real little bitch.
- "That Girl" officially ended in 1972, r509.
- R504 could you please clarify your statement on Fred Rogers?
- R513: Only if you clarify how you managed to figure out how to use a computer keyboard.
- It's been over a decade since we worked with Michael Douglas. He had a list of items that were required to be on hand during a recording (voice over) session. This is not unusual. Prior to this recording session, he cancelled the original session because the facility was not acceptable. Despite the fact that we had recorded other more famous celebs at that facility. He insisted we use a facility of his choice and at a date and time of his choosing. We said sure and made arrangements to book his requested date and time. When he arrived he was in a foul mood and was rude to everyone. All of his requested items (beverages and snacks) had been purchased and were placed in his dressing room (private office). He was furious that another brand of water (not on the original list) wasn't in the room. The facility sent one of their staff out to purchase the water. Since it was not chilled they provided ice and a glass. Douglas was furious and threw a mini tantrum. He spent more time complaining about the facility (which he had selected) than the time it took to record the session. Perhaps he was having a really bad day but on that day he acted like a spoiled brat.
- Connie Sellecca
Heather Thomas (The Fall Guy)
- The Fleischer animators did not like Rudy Vallee at all. They had to work with him on various Paramount shorts. (He did an incredibly racist Paramount short about a musical court, with Mae Quetzal.) To get back at him they animated him without pants in the cartoon Poor Cinderella. Lucie Arnaz says the same things in my Lucy episode book that an earlier poster stated: She hated talking bad about the dead, but Rudy was a vile nasty person...
- Petulia Clark used to berate her songwriter Tony Hatch saying he wrote shit songs for her. Of course those songs were her only hits, except for "This is My Song," which she also demanded not be released. This was written by Charles Chaplin and went to #1 in England and #3 in the USA.
She was such a diva, thought she could sing opera and the rest of the world should love her.
- Karen Carpenter was the cunt, not her brother.
I recall watching Merv and she and Richard were on it, and Merv asked about her solo album and Richard said, they weren't going to release it as it didn't fit with the "Carpenter's sound."
And that bitch says "Carpenter's sound? I'M THE CARPTENTER'S SOUND."
And then I saw her on Dinah talking about boyfriends and she said, "Too many guys want to be with her just because they want to say they slept with a rock star."
What a cunt. She was not a ROCK star.
- I found the same info in a book about Petula. Did not like Jackie Trent, Tony's songwriting partner (who actually wWrote hits for her) AT ALL.
- Had Karen Carpenter lived? Her career would have been over right now.
- Jaclyn Smith