- Yeah, especially gay dreams!
- I had a dream that the spirit of my dog, who was put down at home four years ago, would not leave me and the spirit of Mama Cass came to take her to peace. Only Mama Cass looked like a cartoon or watercolor, not in human form. I miss that dog so much, I will not have another it broke my heart so bad, I now have cats.
- I was in traffic in my boss'' car and the sky turned dark. Meteors started crashing into the earth, and planes were falling out of the sky making huge explosions on the ground. Chaos everywhere
I think I need a new job, yes I do
- I usually have tons of vivid, detailed dreams with complicated plots. Last night, quite a simple one...%0D\
I was assembling patio furniture with Liz Taylor and Richard Burton before guests arrived for our party.%0D
- Thank you, OP! I will post more later about my dreams and try to get some discussion going about the nature of dreams.
- I have a recurring dream where I''m running naked through a train that keeps going through tunnel after tunnel while a sweaty bodybuilder chases me. %0D\
Do you think it''s sexual?
- No, r6. It''s not sexual. The bodybuilder wants to kill you. Not fuck you.
I am not a psychiatrist but pretend to be one on DL.
- For DLers out of work, remember that "Dream Interpretation" is one of the six phases of unemployment.
- r4 Me, too. The latest dream involved Rachel Griffiths, drug smuggling, and South American communist revolutionaries. I think Jeff Bridges was also somehow involved.
- This morning I had a dream that a bunch of DLers had moved into my neighborhood. I was alarmed and embarrassed and thought, ''Oh dear, there goes the neighborhood!''
- Do you think the images and things we dream about are kind of cobbled together from things simply floating around in our heads, or do you think we are somehow ''given'' certain dreams?
- I''m driving alone at night. It''s pitch-dark. I look up into the rearview mirror and see a police car with it''s lights flashing and realize it''s probably been behind me for a while. I pull over immediately and the cop pulls up behind me. He gets out of the car, slams his door and screams at me, "I''ve been behind you for a long time! When a cop flashes his lights, you pull over NOW!" He comes running up to my car, changing into a werewolf on the way, crashes through the back window and bites down on my throat, ripping my head almost completely off. Then I wake up.%0D\
This is a recurring dream, very vivid and I can actually feel him biting me. I always wake up with my heart pounding and sweating like I''ve run a race.
- That sounds very upsetting, R13. I''ve also had dreams where I am convinced that I can feel physical pain. One time someone was hurting my balls in a dream!
- How do you remember your dreams?%0D\
I will wake up after some (say to myself, remember this bizarro one).. go back to sleep.. and then can''t remember.
- In a past dream thread we established that numerous people have dreams about school(even when those days are long gone for them) and that they are related to anxiety. I''d also suggest that they may be related to unresolved issues and feelings from the time.
- The most vivid dream I had was back in the early 1990s, when the X-Files started. %0D\
It was the most mindblowing sex dream starring David Duchovny. I still think about it to this day and it still sends shivers down my back.
- I had a weird symbolic dream a few nights ago about how my grandmother felt extremely neglected and ignored by her family when she was young. I do think that the message of the dream was true.
- Last night i had a dream i was eating a giant marshmallow.%0D\
When i woke up, my pillow was gone!
- Another bad school dream earlier today.
- my meds dosage is off and my sleep patterns are affected. I feel tired all the time and when I sleep I wake up several times a night after having vivid dreams. it''s irritating: the dreams are all meaningless patchwork bullshit my brain strings together. I can''t wait to have my dosage readjusted so I can go back to sleeping soundly through the night and not remembering my dreams in the morning.
- My Dream.\
I looked out the window of my 30th floor corner unit (which was were I actually lived at the time) and there was little light coming through, but it was sunny on the other side of the unit. So I went out on the balcony and there was this fcuking huge Zeppelin floating at balcony level, banging against my balcony, blocking out the sun. The cable from the nose got trapped on the balcony. I am reaching over the balcony trying to free up the cables, looking down and it is so far down, but when I look straight at this 1000Ft Zeppelin floating in the air, I get far more freaked out, so I look down again. I can feel and hear the steel balcony frame tearing out of the concrete as the wind picks up. I worry that if I don''t free up the Zeppelin soon, it will take down the enter side of my building, including my unit. Then I woke up.
- Fact: Almost any type of dream can veer off into becoming a sex dream in an instant.
- Do any of you only dream about things that happened a long time ago to you, or to people you knew a long time ago?
- Kind of boring and cliche, but 2-3 times a week that I''m at work, and--when I get up from my desk--I discover I am not wearing pants.\
That--along with my "opening night of the school play and I play the lead but never learned my lines" dream--is supposed to be about feeling unprepared for something specific or life in general.
- I dreamed I threw-up two vicious, huge, caterpillar like creatures with vampire teeth. I also threw-up a lot of foul tasting clear slime...very gross. I set the caterpillar creatures on the bathroom counter and they attacked me, trying to get back into my gut and the slime i was trying to spit out broke into small pieces and was trying to move back down my throat, and some of it succeeded. That is the weirdest dream I have ever had.
- R5 here. Sorry for not getting back sooner with my burning question about dreams. My question is this: is there really any way to experience the same dream again? I've never seen this asked before online. Sure, I don't mean the impossible(the dream being EXACTLY the same) but is there a way to get for what is the most part the same dream again? Or even the same feeling?
I asked about the feeling because when you talk about the details of a dream, sometimes the events and parts of it that you'll tell others about are so mundane and are of little consequence. The feeling conveyed can sometimes be so powerful but cannot be expressed to others. That's the sad part.
I know that occasionally I'll have a dream, wake up for a little bit, then may be able to go back to sleep easily and reenter what is the same type of dream, but even the next dream is still often just the same in a very general way. And I've never even had this happen with a very singular, powerful dream.
I know that people often ask about lucid dreams, but that is not what I want. I don't want to know that I'm dreaming. I just want to re-experience a few select dreams that were extraordinarily powerful again.
I'll post more about this soon this time, I promise.
- I had a dream recently that I was married to Janet Jackson. We were totally and utterly in blissful love.
A gay guy who doesn''t even own a Janet Jackson CD
- Do any of you think you get helpful signs or even prophetic visions in dreams?
- I do r31, I have before.
- Can you tell us about them R32, even if you think the symbolism or meaning of them wouldn''t make sense or mean anything to us?
- i often dream about insignificant things. Also years before I met him I dreamed about my first love. In my dream I couldn''t see his face, but I remembered his jacket. When we met I instantly noticed the jacket. Our relationship ended too soon, just like in the dream.
- lol I meant insignificant things that come true. Forgot to finish my sentence.
- That''s really weird, R34. Did you tell him about the dream?\
I often dream about an idealized ''mystery love''.
- r36 no I didn''t. he''s not a very open minded person.
- R31 about a month ago I had a dream that I was looking on craigslist for a baby bassinet. I found one and went to go meet the guy selling it. He took out a giant butcher knife and cut open my stomach and took my baby out. He told me I didn''t deserve the child. It was the most vivid dream I''ve ever had, I could hear and feel the knife. I woke up terrified and sweaty. (I still didn''t bolt upright or scream like in movies tho) a few weeks later I saw a news story about a woman in KY who went to go "pick up some baby clothes" from a woman that she''d met on FB. The woman killed the pregnant woman and took her baby out. The baby lived, miraculously. The woman''s due date was May 24th. The same as mine. \
About a month before September 11th I had a terrifying dream of being in a skyscraper that had an airplane fly into it. \
I don''t think I''m psychic but those were odd coincidences.
- One day I dreamt about a plane crash and when I woke up a plane had just crashed and was shown on TV. Not very exciting.
- R29 here. I'll talk more about my dreams that I want to experience again in a moment, but first I have to preface them. I am very much a person who gets lost in their own world and is fascinated by symbolism, mystical occurrences, art, and things that are greater than mundane life. So I think about these things all the time in my imagination, other alternate realities that I can imagine, overwhelming emotions, and the things I most deeply yearn for. I just get lost in moods and daydreams and want to stay there when I get in them. I think the key word is 'wistful'.
I had two dreams that made these waking escapes seem completely pedestrian. I have been having a lot of emotional problems and sadness over the years so that made the contrast to the dreams even greater. In one of them, I was laying on a hill with a possible love interest. I felt like the world was ours(not in a shallow or material sense), the sun was shining on us brilliantly, and I felt that innocence of youth about anything being possible times 100. But it was about all of the adventures, emotions, romance, joy, and mystery I was just on the verge of experiencing. No worries anymore. I was free. It was maybe the most 'pure' and ecstatic emotional state I've possibly ever felt. And the part I forgot to mention is that it was swamped in that glorious, dreamy haziness of pure beauty and imagination. Ethereal, poetic, and haunting. I was stunned when I woke up.
A few weeks later, I had another similarly haunting dream which I think took place in what was supposed to be the same 'world' as the previously mentioned dream. This one was much more mysterious. There was a messianic, mystical martyr figure who was all bandaged up and was being escorted out of a room or holding cell by a group of military men who wanted her because they had suspicions about her otherworldly nature. I cannot remember ever being more obsessed with or mystified by a person before in either my dreams or in real life. I had knowledge of her existence before I saw her in the dream, and I knew that a great story and sequence of events would take place involving her(as if they had already happened), and amazingly I was somehow brought back to the genesis of these things and saw her first appearance in this story. When I saw the door open and realized that these guys were escorting her out to somewhere else before my very own eyes, I was stunned. None of the other people cared or even knew who she was. It was a one in a million chance occurrence. She looked delicate, pale, and extraordinarily beautiful.
So I'm wondering if you can somehow 'seed' dreams in order to get a desired result and possibly get the same dream again. And if that could possibly happen, I'd also like to go beyond the same thing again and remain in that same world and experience a continuation or other events. I'm sure that many of you here can understand how the heightened reality, emotions, mystery, and power of dreams can mean so much and be so much more powerful than our waking life. At their core, they can be like feeling the rawest feelings and perceptions possible, the symbolic reigns and towers over the concrete reality we are living in. Dreams can be extraordinary and touch us so profoundly that it's inexplicable, but they end up meaning so much more than what we normally experience.
- I always have dreams about my childhood house and my childhood neighborhood.
- Last night I dreamt about a pair of black kittens with coats like that of poodles.
- I am a vegetarian.\
Last week, I dreamed I was fed an hamachi and bacon sandwich, and that I enjoyed it.\
I was very perplexed by that one.
- I''m also a vegetarian and I dream about eating meat. It''s always a terrible thing in my dreams and I don''t realize what I''ve done until it''s much too late.
- I have recurring dreams about the cats I grew up with still being alive. Sometimes in the dream I get a bit lucid and realise they died years ago and then all the logic falls apart and I wake up. I do miss those cats, they were awesome.
Another recurring dream I have is that I'm redoing my A-Levels in order to try and get better grades. But in the dream I'm my age, or much older than school age anyway. I've always neglected English Literature, figuring it doesn't matter if I'm improving the other grades, it'll be a mixture of the two results. Sometimes I get away with it other times I get worse results and the whole thing is a waste of time. I am relaxed about it being a waste of time, oddly.
The funny thing is, I got good A-Levels. Plus there'd be absolutely no advantage to resitting them. It was Uni where I f*cked up, missing out on the Upper Second by 0.5% because my creative dissertation was a load of poorly plotted pseudo-misogynistic closet-case rubbish.
The last recurring dream I have is obvious, it always involves me driving a car which I'm not supposed to do since I never passed my test. Usually getting away with it, just, but being a bit inept and feeling guilty about it. This is obviously to do with the fact that I gave up on driving in 2003.
All very boring. If I have one of my fun dreams where I'm interacting with soap opera characters then I'll recount it here I'm sure.
- Now here you go again, you say you want your freedom\
Well who am I to keep you down\
It''s only right that you should play the way you feel it\
But listen carefully to the sound\
Of your loneliness\
Like a heartbeat drives you mad\
In the stillness of remembering what you had\
And what you lost\
Thunder only happens when it''s raining\
Players only love you when they''re playing\
Yeah, women they will come and they will go\
When the rain washes you clean you''ll know, you''ll know...\
Now here I go again, I see the crystal visions\
I keep my visions to myself\
Well It''s only me that wants to wrap around your dreams and\
Have you any dreams you''d like to sell\
Dreams of loneliness\
Like a heartbeat drives you mad\
In the stillness of remembering what you had\
and what you lost, \
Yeah, thunder only happens when it''s raining\
Players only love you when they''re playing\
Yeah, women they will come and they will go, \
When the rain washes you clean you''ll know...
- @ r48 aaaaaah, you''ll know...
- What is the purpose of dreams?
- Lately I have been having dreams about some trying to get into my home, and I have to quickly check and secure all of the locks. Does anybody else have these dreams?
- some = someone
- I often dream of winning the lottery jackpot. I feel it actually might happen soon.
- Well R54, you did find DL.
- I keep having dreams that im in love with my boss. who is a friend in real life. and they are very vivid dreams.
- More, please!
- Last night I dreamt that I was hanging out with Courtney Love who was doped up on something. I was trying to talk to her and she ripped off my top and bit off my nipple. I screamed and flew to a nearby house where this African American man lived. I told him about crazy Courtney and asked him to give me shelter. That's all I remember.
- A couple of nights ago, I dreamt I was at a family get together. My father, who actually is in assisted living with dementia, was at the gathering, too. I went to see how he was doing and I discovered he was dead. His body fell out of the chair and his head, fingers and toes fell off. I fall to the floor, kicking and screaming and realizing I wasn't actually feeling ANYTHING. As I was thinking about all the things to do and all the people to notify, I pondered if it was heartless that the first thing I really wanted to do was stop payment on the check to his assisted living community. Some one picked up his body and pieces, put him in a navy blue duffle bag, and put the bag by some sliding glass doors leading outside.
I think this stems from my recent Six Feet Under marathon.
- yunno there are times in the day when you hear something but you don't really 'listen?'...that's what dreams are
- Last night I had a dream that some giant mechanical butterfly(it was probably about 1000 feet long or more) was flying around in the sky while myself and other people on the ground were freaking out. Turned out there was some obnoxious girl in it who had a crush and me and I tried to hide or get away in a car. Also in the dream I was in some neighborhood looking in people's houses.
- After having read a lot about dreams and dream symbolism lately I have found that my ability to understand my dreams and to remember them has been enhanced.
- I've been on (permanent) disability for 2 years (mental rather than physical - depression) and very often dream that I'm working. At a temp assignment and I don't know what agency but I know I'm supposed to get paid soon. And sometimes I dream I'm walking during lunch and have an ATM card but it doesn't work (seriously.)
Dreams "from deprivation" I call them (have c. $1800 a month now, as opposed to $4000 net. Sucks.)
I never had recurring dreams when I worked. Except one which I still have - I dream occasionally about a cat or cats, and in my dreams the cats can talk! And sometimes I even say to them,"how can you ta;l?"
Finally, sometimes I dream about my aunt, dead 8 years (she outlived my father by 8 years and my mother by 15 years); we were very close - and in the dreams I sometimes say, "you're not dead anymore!"
Weird, I know...
- "This is no dream! This is really happening!"
- ALL OF THEM WITCHES
- r42, google lucid dreaming. I ran across an article in Psychology Today about 20 years ago in college and it gave tips on how to "wake up" in the middle of your dream and then control it. I followed the suggestions for about a week before it worked and it was completely amazing. After I woke from the dream I felt like I had had some religious experience. It only worked a little bit one more time and although it was a great experience it was too much daily work to keep it going but I'll never forget it.
- Thanks R66, I am aware of lucid dreaming but would absolutely love to read about the amazing dream or two that you experienced if you remember them or wouldn't mind sharing them.
- r67, It wasn't that the dreams themselves were so amazing, it was the fact that I was consciously awake and aware that I was dreaming and knew where I was in reality. At that moment the dream became so vivid and alive for lack of a better word I was giddy.
I was going to school for a year in Rome and missed my family so When I realized I could control what I did I decided to "fly" back home and visit them. The whole flying bit was exhilarating itself and I kept doing that because it was so fun flying over the ocean to my home town and then into my home. I remember trying to explain to my family what I was doing but they were just happy to see me. Eventually I got pulled back to my dorm room where I was sleeping when I woke up. I remember it was like I was on speed for hours after it was such a rush.
The next time I was taking an afternoon nap (apparently it works best in the morning when you're in and out of sleep or during quick naps)
and I did wake up in the dream but didn't seem to have the same control as the first time and I woke up for real shortly after.
- Are dreams really a link to the subconscious?
- I always have dreams where I am being chased.
- Ooh, more about the 'mystical' life changing dreams, please!
- Have any of you experienced very intense daydreams/waking dreams? I'm not talking about normal mind drifting, I'm talking visions(in your mind's eye, not actually in front of you) that seem like intense dreams. They are only seconds long but feel like a peak into another world and pack an emotional wallop.
- I always have dreams about people that I don't like. In the dreams I tell them off.
Does this mean I have issues?
- A thread about how to get vivid dreams:
- Always about my childhood home/neighborhood.
- I never would've guessed that cheese can help you sleep. Weird.
- Last Night: I'm walking through a small town far north of where I live. I have never been here before, I went up with my mother and her boyfriend (which she doesn't have one in reality). I break away from them and run down a long hill, populated with franchises and get into an yellow brick, apartment complex with a very steep hill/mudslide in the back. On all fours I climb down the incline into a jammed packed 4 level Chinese gift shop. I climb up and down the stairs, until I get to a basement with a 20 foot ceiling. I have to climb up the wall and get through a window to get out of this basement into the next town. I get to the window and there is so much cheap gift merchandise blocking the way and the window opening is too small. There is a guy in a room on the outside of this window, who just seem to be watching me, he moves out of the way in the event I make it through the small window. I can't make it through and get out of this place to the next town, which is where I want to go. I give up and start the climb back down this basement wall and then wake up with my heart racing.
- R28, you simply are afraid of catching diseases from giving blow jobs. "vicious, huge, caterpillar" = penis, "slime", well, that's too easy to figure out. Or you made this up.
R41, you may have severe sleep apnea. The euphoria you had was simply the result of your brain starving of oxygen. When you have too many of those episodes, and your brain suffer too much damage, you will start posting those paranoid tin hat threads. Eventually, you will stop posting, then, we know what happened to you.
- I like your interpretations, R81. Please give us some more! Or at least continue to post in the thread in some manner.
- OMG! Can't believe I found this thread today.
I had a dream where some of my family and I had gone to Bobby Flay's house. Not a city house, this was somewhere in some countryside, very rural and away from everything else. He was cooking, of course and we ate, cut to either a few hours or maybe the next day and we had gotten word that his girlfriend would be dropping by, of course he has a wife, not a girlfriend.
He was getting ready to grill up more food and there was a larger crowd on hand for that in a picnic sort of setting.
I remember thinking as I saw him at the grill, that it wasn't fair that he was doing all the grilling. Poor guy cooks everyday and here he was grilling up a storm for more people.
Weird, I know. We were inside his house and everything. I think we had even spent some days there.
- I often have a sex dream about jerking off against my BF's cock, and my juice pumping down his urethra, and vice-versa. I've never read about a fantasy or sex act like it, so it freaks me a bit.
- R83, I like the fact that you seem to subconsciously sympathize with Bobby Flay.
- I desperately want Chase Utley. I had a hot dream about him last night. Just when it was getting good, my mother called me and woke me up.
- I dreamed about Bradley Cooper the other night. I dreamed that he and I were talking in a living room, standing up, and he started telling me that he thought that his hairline was receding in the front. I told him to let me see, and he started backing up and pulling his hair back off of his face to show me. I told him that I'd need a closer look, and he said no, that he was a bit embarrassed by it. I told him that was nonsense, and that I'd like a closer look. When he still refused, I lunged and jumped on him, and we both fell onto the couch, laughing and struggling--him to keep me from seeing his hairline, and me, trying harder to see it. I woke up right after that, which pissed me off, because I'd like to know where the rest of the dream went.
- Anybody had any cheese induced dreams? It sounds rather interesting.
- Is there really a wall in traditional Irish pubs which is reserved for people to vomit on? And does it have a Gaelic name that begins with an "S"? Because in my dream that existed.
- R89, was it called Sinead O'Connor? Because she seems to be a huge glutton for punishment:
- I was a complete slut in my dreams last night.
- No, it wasn't ass sex loving Sinead. It was called something like Scelny, something like that and I couldn't really pronounce it. But every pub had one. Most of them, in nicer places, were just odes to tradition. But in the scummier bars you could find traces of vomit on them.
- A lot of strange dreams lately.
In one, I looked down at my shoes and realized that my shoes were either both for the left foot or booth for the right foot(can't remember which). Not one for each foot.
I was leaving a movie theater in anger after being offended by one of my friends, and not far away I came across some big building that had a pool in it. I looked in the window and saw a naked woman swimming(this was at night and the pool was lit up).
I pulled away a part of the wall that was like rubber and the water started falling out, and after a few seconds I managed to plug it back in.
I found an entrance, went inside, and found another room in the dark lit up by reddish pink light that was full of nudists. It kind of looked like the grotto at the Play Mansion. Very odd.
- Last night I dreamt of enormous (bowling ball size) grapefruits.
- BEST THING I EVER DREAMT:
One night after a cup of hot chocolate, I dreamt that my cat took flew off to the man. And when I woke up in real life, my cat was dead.
- Oh dear.
Take the 'took' out of that sentence, and make 'man' into 'moon'!
- Dreams about long lost/unrequited/unknown love please. Sad ones.
- A few years ago I always had dreams that I had to protect someone, and they'd usually end up getting hurt or lost.
- Last night I dreamed I went to Manderley again.
And I'm surprised after 98 posts none of you here at the DL ever had that report as well. The new DL...
- Last night I dreamt I ate a giant marshmallow and when I woke up my boyfriend was gone.
Carol Weston, not joking
- R58, I've had a decent amount of dreams about Kurt Cobain. I always wanted him as a friend.
- R94, did you taste them?
- I haven't had a real nightmare since I was a kid. But I also never have sex dreams. A bit of flirting is as far as it ever seems to go.
It's a trade-off.
- No sex dreams, R104? You're not missing much.
I've found that in sex dreams, the act is usually interrupted or stopped before it can even get started. And when you do get some, there is no sexual gratification or simulation of the physical sensations(I've felt simulated pain before in dreams).
I've had a few nightmares in which I was looking at porn online and was caught masturbating by someone else.
- I hope to one day have a dream about one of the greatest places in the world: Orange Julius.
- So far, nobody seems to be able to explain dreams:
- R107 here. Sorry, I meant to post that in the 'unexplained' thread.
- Mystic Dreamer here again(hey, I figured it would help to have a cheesy name). I think the dreams I was talking about upthread would be classified as numinous dreams or epic dreams. Check those terms out online for some interesting information.
The reason why I'm not terribly interested in lucid dreams is that I'm afraid they'd take away much of the power and mystery of a great/moving dream. My thinking is that it is much more interesting to be shown something wondrous by some area of your brain(or whatever it is that makes our dreams), than to be 'aware' in the dream as in real life, then deciding to poke around and look into and do everything.
In normal dreams, you are experiencing a vision, a vision that is being given to you, you could say. I really do think that lucid dreams could take away the otherworldly aspect and also make them not feel like an 'experience'.
R68, your lucid dream does sound very intense and electrifying, but it's probably not what I'm after. I'm probably not explaining myself well, but I feel that, especially in regards to the types of dreams I've described, lucidity is antithetical to the symbolic, otherworldly, and haunting nature of dreams. I say this based on my thoughts about how these two numinous dreams I had would be different if they had been lucid.
Lucid dreams are like getting into a toybox, normal dreams are like delving into 'the mystery'.
- I seldom remember my dreams, but for the last 6 months or so they've been taking place in the same location, a town I've never been to and don't recognize in real life. At this point I know the layout, and I can even navigate the place (I think that's why I'm remembering them more). There are fairgrounds on the far side of the railroad tracks, and on the other side is downtown. There's a river, and you get to the town trough a pass between two hills. It seems like a nice place--there's always a circus or a carnival or something going on at the fairgrounds, and I usually wind up crossing the tracks to get over there. That's where odd things start happening, not evil or scary, just unusual.
It's starting to creep me out, because it's so "Willoughby, Next Stop Willoughby."
- This morning I had a dream that Ian Curtis from the band Joy Division came back to life as a zombie. I was poking around what was supposedly his home, looking into the windows and there were either pictures or some kind of visual representation of him in the windows. And I thought to myself how much older and more mature he looked in comparison to his actual age(23 at death). This was at night.
Then I saw him laying dead on the ground outside his home and he got up and starting coming after me, and then a whole horde of zombies started attacking with him. I got up high onto some building rooftop to avoid them.
- I dreamed Oliver Platt shaved my legs. Gross.
- I keep dreaming my teeth are falling out.
- I have that dream occasionally r115. It means something about loss of control or feeling not in control of something your life.
- The other night I dreamed I was in the balcony of a Broadway theater, only the seats faced the left wall rather than the stage. Moreover, the balcony was so high up that it offered no view of the stage whatever. We could hear the show but all we could see was the top of the curtain. I wondered how they dared sell tickets to such useless seats. We were so exasperated we began performing our own show in the aisles, lip-syncing to the voices from below. The management took exception to this and we began demanding our rights.
That's all I remember.
- I dreamt I was a five-alarmer in my Maidenform bra!
- R115, that's a very common dream for women to have(not a snotty remark). At least that's what I've heard.
This morning, I had a dream that I was in a very fun first person shooter PC game.
- I love going to sleep, I usually have pretty cool dreams every night.
I've never had the same dream twice, but I've had multiple ones where I'm witness to a plane crash. They're always going down in flames right before me, yet I've never see the crash impact.
So far I haven't been able to link them to any event in reality.
I've also had the exact same dream as R3, except I was walking in my hometown rather than being in my bosses car. That was quite freaky.
One scary one I had a few years back:
I was ordering some wedges from a big scary butcher type dude at a fair/carnival. I gave him $20, and he got really angry about having to give me change. We argued for a quick moment. Suddenly, he groaned at me, hauled out this dead baby from a box under the counter, took his knife and chopped an opening into it. He shoved his hand in and pulled out a bloodied fist full of cash for me. I remember holding my hand over my mouth, wide-eyed in horror, I took a couple of steps back, started running and then woke up. I quickly woke my other half and said "Wedges only cost $4, right?" Ha! It was so scary/weird.
- R115 I've had that dream about teeth before too. Very vivid. I was crying uncontrollably as my teeth were simply falling out of my mouth one by one. Was such a horrible feeling. I've never woke up so relieved in my life!
I've had a few Fallout 3 dreams too. Usually after playing, haha. For those that don't know, it's a game that's set in a post-apocalyptic Washington D.C. I should be scared in these dreams but I'm like an angry gung-ho soldier blowing zombies and mutants away without thought. I don't think i'd be so reckless if it happened in real life... Cool escape nonetheless.
- Last night I dreamed Sandra Bullock was my cousin and we lived with a few other relatives in a ramshackle old frame house with a giant overgrown yard in a small town somewhere.
At one point I was in the yard working with some plants and saw a couple of tiny tree frogs.
One of the relatives gave me the number of Sandra's ex-bf, who was a landscaper, and told me to call him and have him come by to discuss a landscape makeover.
He and his new gf came over and suggested we put in a pool, and when I took them inside the house, Sandy was cutting up chicken and preparing dinner with an old-man relative, and laughing uproariously until she saw the ex.
She was stunned and didn't want to see or talk to him at all, and I was humiliated for having brought him to speak to her. The female relative who had told me to call him was behaving as though she had accomplished some great, though evil, deed. Triumphant, almost.
Odd, because I rarely think of Sandra Bullock and don't have any particular affinity for her as an actress. I guess I like her well enough, but don't know much about her private life or what her former bf -- husband? -- who is working class actually did or does for a living.
- R20, what's a wedge?
- In real life, I took in a roommate who immediately got into bed with me and tried to start some kind of relationship. He was hot so I blinded myself to the fact that he wouldn't find a job and he needed to pay his share of the rent. He was a new age guy, but looked like/was a hustler. He carried The Dreamer's Dictionary around with him and set up a pyramid contraption in the hall closet that he would sit under. I never remember my dreams but finally one stayed with me. I immediately called him. In it, I was walking through a vacant Summer Resort of some type. I saw a reindeer. That's it. I could hear him flipping through the pages on the other end. "Are you sure you want me to read this?" I said of course, it's the only dream I've had since you've been here. "Well," he said. "It says here that if you dream of a Summer Resort, a new relationship should be kept within the bounds of a lighthearted flirtation." He moved out soon after, involuntarily.
- Anyone has experience sleep paralysis? Probably one the most umcomfortable things. Its happen at least 3 times to me. The feeling of not moving or being pinned down is horible.
- R125, I have sleep paralysis all the time. Apparently it's part of the sleep cycle and we all experience it every time we dream, we just don't always wake up or know it.
I hate it, but have started working on it in a kind of lucid dreaming way.
When I'm dreaming and discover I'm paralyzed, I remind myself it's a dream and that I can slip out of my body and dream without physical restriction.
Most of the time I wake up before I actually accomplish it, but several times I've been able to carry on without the paralysis, almost as if I'm in a cloud bubble over my body.
I've used the same technique when I don't like what's happening in a dream and I want to make conscious choices to change the action and outcome. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, but it's fun to try it.
- Last night I dreamed about two dead people chasing me and woke up with chest pains. Are the dead coming to claim me?
- I love this thread.
- R125, do you have trouble breathing during sleep paralysis?
- [italic]I posted this one on a different "dreams" thread that had hardly any posts, so I'm reposting it here. It was so ridiculous I figured, "Where else but the Datalounge?"[/italic]
How about this one? I swear I had this dream last night. I hardly ever remember dreams, but this was so weird and funny that I told my partner, and we spent the morning laughing about it. A while later we had sex three times in a row.
It started off as a dream about Princess Grace. In real life, she was the movie star Grace Kelly, who married Prince Rainier of Monaco. But in my dream, I was wondering where she came from. Was it Virginia?
Then it abruptly shifted to the Owyhee country, which is an especially empty region along the border of Oregon and Idaho. There are private ranches, federal land where cattle graze, and wildlife areas consisting of canyons and rivers.
We were just there about a week ago, and in my dream I was a young cowboy and the future Princess Grace was a girl I had dated and was still friends with. She looked like Marilyn Monroe in the movie, "Bus Stop."
The prince came through the Owyhee country. There was a flash of an old black and white movie out of the 1930s, and he was in an open topped touring car. But that was just a flash because most of the Owyhee country in my dream was a wide-open grassland.
The prince makes eye contact with the future princess, and they are somehow bonded. But he also makes eye contact with me, the cowboy (and a pretty darned buffed-out cowboy, I might add).
Next thing I know I'm in a barn with the prince. He's in a tight uniform right out of a Tom of Finland drawing. I'm feeling up his ass and he's grinding it into me, and I have a raging hardon.
From that point on, Princess Grace disappears from the dream. The prince's ass feels great, and he's turned on like crazy. Next scene is he has moved to my ranch to become a cowhand.
He has an elegant European accent that I can't place. It soon becomes clear that he knows nothing about being a cowboy. He also wears European style riding clothes that are ridiculously out of place in the Owyhee.
I remember, for example, that he can't get dust on the riding clothes. There is dust everywhere in the Owyhee, so it makes his get-up even more ridiculous. Then back to the barn and feeling up his ass, which is slim, very tight, very muscular.
He's really turned on to me, and vice versa. His legs are more than just legs, and they grab onto me like they were arms, but I know they are legs.
I become aware that the other American cowhands, who are straight, have figured out that this prince and I are getting it on with each other. But they're supportive of me, the reason being that the prince is a European who is way too elegant. It's perfectly reasonable to them that I'd be screwing the prince.
I woke up with a hardon. When I pieced together the dream I started laughing and told my partner. An hour later, after I took a shower, I screwed his mouth for a while and then we got me off three times while cuddling and jerking me off.
I gotta have more dreams like that. Good thing Princess Grace was discreet enough to get the hell outta there.
- R132, a few years ago I posted on a Datalounge dreams thread about a weird Grace Kelly dream I had had. It must be a DLer thing.
- R131 - I really don't focus on how my breathing is. I do remeber one time having a dream about drowning when I had sleep paralysis. Most of the time I am about not being able to move or that my heart is beating really fast.
- Lately I've been having a lot of celebrity related dreams. Maybe I should spend less time on Datalounge.
- Several years ago, I used to sometimes experience sleep paralysis (when your mind 'wakes up' but your body is still immobilized), usually after a lucid dream.
Many people who have sleep paralysis have more nightmarish hallucinations, but mine were always really trippy - like an extremely vivid out of body experience, where I'd feel like I was floating up and gliding around the room, while I simultaneously was aware of my alarm clock going off but unable to rouse myself. Physically, I felt these deep waves of sensation flowing over me that were incapacitating, though not frightening. I haven't had sleep paralysis in a few years, and miss it in a weird way, even though it used to mess up my morning schedule.
On the regular dream side of things, this site is ugly, but has some good content for dream interpretations:
- R137, wasn't it sometimes pleasant?
- Drug dreams:
- The other night I dreamed I was on a city bus and they had put in a cafe section. I was eating breakfast with a blonde woman (whom I don't know in life) when I realized what I thought was a sausage was actually my penis that I was cutting up and eating.
Last night I had a dream where I had proposed to a woman, changed my mind but to save face she (and her family) wanted me to marry her and then divorce her afterwards. Yet when it came to the ceremony I was the one dressed as the bride.
Later I had a dream I was at a funeral, sitting up front with my sister (whom I don't have). It was the funeral of out step-mother. Alec Baldwin was our father and the entire group at the church suspected that the death was murder and my sister and I were guilty of it. Dad didn't care though.
- I got those paralyzing dreams when I was in high school in doing a lot of acid. They were horrible! It would always be scenario that seemed completely lifelike and something terrible would happen and I would realize it was a dream after a while and try to wake up. When I would find that I couldn't wake, I'd try to move and scream hoping someone would come in and shake me awake or something, but I couldn't move or make a single noise. And I'd struggle and struggle inside the nightmare. And then it would flip into another scenario that seemed completely plausible only to go hideously wrong again, repeat, up to 7 times. Eventually, I stopped doing acid and, eventually, the paralyzing nightmares stopped.
- I had a nightmare I was being chased around high school by the clown with the sharp teeth from Stephen King's IT mini-series. Terrifying!
- I love this thread. Please continue posting and checking back into this thread. I especially enjoy the discussion of the nature of dreams.
- I've noticed that in every dream I've had for years, it has been very dark and overcast outside(sometimes night), but it is never sunny or even normal regarding the daylight. My brother said he thinks he has the same issue in his dreams.
Can I get a confirmation from others that this is abnormal? Do you guys ever get sun or just a normal looking daytime sky in your dreams? I cannot remember the last time I've had that, it's been many years.
- My most memorable dreams are with celebrities. I remember one from the 90s when I was walking with President Clinton in the West Wing, no one was there but the two of us, then we came upon Hillary, who was crying, long before the Lewinsky fiasco. One where the spirit of Mama Cass came to finally take the spirit of my beloved dog, long since dead, to heaven. One from a long time ago, I was sitting with Abby Ewing on the patio of her beach house and then a ufo landed on the beach and buried us in sand.
- I've been having a ton of Kurt Cobain related dreams lately. Last night I dreamt that I had been or was actually friends with him and knew him as a normal guy(wish fulfillment, I guess). In the dream I was on vacation with him(and my family) and he came down from the upstairs of the house we were renting wearing a bathrobe. I remember feeling very emotionally close to and protective of him.
- Do unusual foods that aren't mild(spicy foods, for example) tend to give people weird, vivid, or upsetting dreams? I've always heard this but I'm not sure I've experienced it. Have any of you experienced this?
- R142 that's odd I've never had those dreams at all and I've taken LSD lots of times.
I've had lots of lucid dreams and sex dreams.
- R151, tell us about some of you lucid dreams.
- There's a place that is a few miles south of where I live in real life that I seem to sometimes go to in my dreams. For some reason I feel like I'd like to investigate this place in the dream world(I'm familiar with the real life area). I guess that doing so would fall under lucid dreams.
I've been to my old neighborhood about one million times in my dreams, it's time to go somewhere else.
- I walk into my front door of my house in Arizona, when I open it, it's the house I grew up in, in New Jersey. I close the door, then walk to to the kitchen window. Outside the window I can see the Manhattan skyline, and multiple tornadoes are sweeping the fields in the near distance. I walk outside and a six foot tall ant in human military general's clothes with a riding crop is directing waves of other military ants towards the city. Then to the west, a thunderstorm comes in.
- That's a very interesting dream, R154. Here's an off the wall question for you(hey, it's a dream thread): What's your religion? I don't know why it matters, but there it is. I feel like dream interpretation should be more nonlinear and intuitive.
- Flyover dreams? Even your inner lives are common!
- Do any of you ever dream about being other people? How common are dreams like this?
- 154 here...I was raised a Methodist.
- Thanks R158, sorry but I guess it doesn't end up meaning anything to me. So much for my weird hunch.
- I like cats and would like to have one, but in every dream in which I have a cat, I hate them, feel disgusted by them, and feel embarrassed by them.
- Has anyone else in here had overwhelming dreams, especially those that seemed to have a mystical/spiritual element to them? Or dreams that were extremely emotional, beautiful, or imaginative?
Please post about them, I'm obsessed with this.
- Had a dream last night that I was communicating with a ghost. I'd hold my hand out in front of me and the unseen ghost would raise my arm either up for yes or down for no in response to questions I asked. No one believed me until the ghost got stronger and could move objects that I asked him to. Finally the ghost got strong enough to move my finger down to press keys on a keyboard so we could move beyond the "yes/no" questions. The first thing he typed was "12462". I asked if that was his birthday, December 4, 1962. I heard an inaudible groan. I told the ghost I didn't understand what he was saying. Another groan. This went on about 3-4 times until I heard a very deep, "Yes". I was completely shocked that I was able to communicate verbally with this entity that I couldn't see. Eventually it was able to converse with me in an unhumanly deep voice, saying he had used to be an accountant and told me of his old job.
Then my alarm went off.
- Strange cat person here again. Last night I actually had a dream that a cat tried to save me from being attacked by another animal(it was either a komodo dragon or a buffalo, I'm not sure which but they were both getting aggressive in my dream).
Also, I was being given a house tour of my old house, which was now unrecognizable. The person giving the tour was Martin Scorsese, who I am not a fan of. But I guess he's good at talking a lot.
- Discuss some scary dreams, please.
- I just ate a lot of smoked Gouda. Here's hoping for a good dream tonight.
- I have recurring sex dreams and every morning after I wake up in pain. This happens about once a month and I think I just figured out why...
The last one was one of the worst in recent memory, I can never see the other person's face and I'm usually being forced into an uncomfortable position ect.
- I also had a dream last Christmas that my brother and sister won't stop talking about. I dreamed there was an alien takeover and my family was busy building a bunker and stock piling weapons. My sister kept peaking her head up over the wall we had built to see if the aliens were getting closer to our house. I was using some laser type gun and shooting at them through a peep hole. At some point my siblings came in to wake me so we could say bye before my brother left. Apparently the first words out of my mouth were "Get down, you'll kill us all! now grab a gun and aim for their heads!"
- I have reoccurring dreams that I can't find my house or my car but I'm pretty sure my car has been impounded for being left in parking space I couldn't find. I also dream about a condo I bought but lost the address, and keep trying to remember what city it is in. In both of these dreams I am loosing my ability to talk clearly and am barely able to walk, let alone run.
Another dream I have is of a big penis down my throat and the head of the penis has penetrated out of my ass and I'm feeling it with my finger tips for added excitement.
- I've never had a flying dream. Is that weird?
- Apple cider vinegar and cheese were both said to enhance dreams, but neither one has done anything for me.
- I have very entertaining dreams, but rarely remember them. I'm just aware that I had an entertaining dream.
But I had one las night I do remember. I was living in this old house, like a rat trap I rented in Boulder years ago. But this time it was in Seattle. I lived with a bunch of my friends from Seattle. My ex (who I just spoke to a minute ago)was there, and he was leaving me. He was cold, and for good effect removed the toilet just to anger me.
I've actually had a lot of dreams about the ex leaving or shunning me. He's going to call back in awhile. Maybe I shouldn't take the call.
- [quote]I've never had a flying dream. Is that weird?
Yes, it's kind of weird.
- In about half of the dreams I have, I feel ashamed, humilated, denigrated and lonely. Like I'm being left beihind. I think this is a huge issue in my life.
I was wondering if there was anyway to influence or resolve issues in your dreams, whnich in turn helps you in your waking life. Instead of conscious situation affecting the subconscious, using the subconscious to help eliminate some of our negative mindsets we carry with us, that impede and hurt us.
Any ideas about that?
- situation = situations
- Flying dreams for me have always been a damn near transcendtal experience. Better than an orgasm. I almost always have some sort of contraption helping me fly, but sometimes just by myself. I want more!
- [quote]I almost always have some sort of contraption helping me fly, but sometimes just by myself.
R175, when I was about 10, I had one of my most memorable and euphoric dreams I've ever had. I was flying on a strand of toilet paper. It was amazing, I was going down all of these hills in the woods and everything. At the end of the dream, the toilet paper ripped and stopped flying, and I was devastated.
The feeling of flying from that dream seemed pretty realistic, and it was intensely fun.
- I had a dream that myself and some other people were in the ocean being smashed by enormously tall tidal waves. It felt like an insurmountable situation.
- I dreamt that I found a warp zone in a mall.
- I believe my cat and I share the same dreams when she sleeps on my pillow. When she sleeps there, she's always in my dream and it seems we wake at the same time. I could just be crazy, though.
- Hopefully not sex dreams, R180!
- No, but I did once have to fuck her with a Q-Tip when she went into false heat -- in real life not a nightmare.
- Well us dog owners sometimes have to express our dogs' anal glands, R182! I wouldn't exactly call that a sweet dream.
- It envelopes me again, without warning.
- One reoccurring dream I have is so real that when I wake up I’m actually confused about where I am, and it takes me a while to realize I was dreaming it again.
I’m living in a house my family owns (not true in reality, nobody in my family owns a house) and walking in the different rooms, admiring how cool it is that I get to live in this house, with such big rooms. There’s a room that I don’t use that I decide I should move my bedroom to, there are two bathrooms, the house is really spacious and has great old furniture in it. I see the neighbor’s house which is in really bad shape and is really close, so I go back to the house and decide to go down to the water, since the house is built on a cliff and you go down the stairs to a rocky beach. Every time I have the dream I’m surprised again about how close the water is and how lucky I am to have a house like this. But then I realize that the wheatear is getting bad. I go back to the house and I’m in my parent’s kitchen. We are watching the sea and it keeps rising, we look through different windows in their apartment and the water is now pushing against the windows and there is a sense of danger. And then I wake up.
What’s amazing about it is that it is always the exact same dream, though I only have it once every two or three years.
- R185, if you had to describe the emotional tone of the dream in a sentence, how would you describe the feeling you are left with?
- Interesting question, R186, because as I think more and more about this dream the more details come back to me, it’s really like a mini movie. I’m always left with a sense of loss and sadness because of this loss.
- I had a ridiculous dream starring Madonna some years ago.
I'm a musician and in my dream we were both at a showbiz party and a friend offered to introduce me to Madge. I don't particularly like Madonna and didn't want to meet her but I thought it would be needlessly insulting to refuse to meet her for a couple of minutes of meaningless chit chat. In my dream, as I'm being introduced to her I somehow stumbled and ended up on my knees at exactly the moment Madonna sets eyes on me. I remember thinking in horror, "That's just great!" Now she's gonna think I'm so impressed by her that I'm kneeling at her feet like a fanboy!"
I woke up, mortified.
- Last night I dreamt about fighting zombies, and that I had an orangutan as an unwanted, aggressive roommate.
- Don't worry, R188. Even in my dreams I sometimes feel humiliated and denigrated. My OCD even crept into my dreams one time and during the dream I thought "Oh fuck, I even have to do OCD rituals in my fucking dreams now?"
- I regularly have dreams that my abusive ex-partner is trying to break into my apartment while I am asleep at night.
- Have any of you ever dreamt about being in a dock(shipping yard)?
- What's a dream?
- I wish I could leave real life and enter my most beautiful and mysterious dreams. Anybody else?
- Are dreams sacred?
- I used to have Madonna dreams. In the first one, she came to my town and even though we were high school slackers, she decided to hang out with us one night. She had a specific request that someone get her a six-pack of beer but that the bottles should all be different beers, not all the same like in a regular six-pack. I seemed to pass this test, Madonna kissed me, and then she suggested that we mud-wrestle together in the mudpit that mysteriously appeared next to the house we were in. There were railroad tracks on the other side of the mudpit. We got in, wrestled around, and when we were done, she emerged all dirty and muddy, but I was amazed that my white shirt was still as spotless and clean as when I went into the pit. I had another Madonna dream where she lived near a sandpit and wanted to hang out with me, but I couldn't get past her inner circle. I went to her house, noticed the dirt piled all around it from the sandpit, but all of her friends kept me from meeting her, though at the same time they reassured me that Madonna really liked me. Ha! I told my shrink about the dreams and he said they were "clout" dreams -- i.e., I wanted more "clout" in my life that might come from having a powerful friend.
- Another weird cat dream where I was repelled by cats once again. Catwoman, another common character in my dreams, also appeared. I always love Catwoman. I remember her being a very emotionally damaged person, and I was telling someone that she had some major issues and needed help.
I think that Catwoman was a stand in for myself in the dream.
- I used to have Madonna dreams, too! She was my sidekick, but was often really mean to me about things. After the Madonna dreams ended, Sharon Stone was my sidekick. She wasn't mean, but she carried a lot of pills around in her purse.
- Cats and Madonna. That about sums up Datalounge, I guess.
- R199, do you think your shrink was right, that the dreams were about wanting to have clout?
- More weird dreams, please.
- I heard somewhere that all characters in a dream are a projection of some aspect of YOU, and are never anything other than YOU.
For instance, if you dream of your BF hitting you, then you might have an issue with trusting YOURSELF. Or, if you have a dream that your pet is eating you, you might actually be overdoing something in your life, like overspending.
- I have a dream I cannot move and someone is trying to break into my room, or I'm trying to fight someone off but my punches have no impact. Then I wake up but really I'm still dreaming and someone is still trying to break in. Then I wake up again and think 'phew', but I'm still dreaming and someone is still trying to break in.
And then I really do wake up... usually in a sweat.
- R205, I've read the same thing. No way is it a rule, at most it is only true within reason. Sure, your own mind is conjuring up the dream so it is all 'you', but when you want to have sex with someone in a dream that you are attracted to in real life, is that about wanting to have sex with yourself? Of course not.
Same thing goes for telling off someone you hate in dreams if you have those thoughts about them in real life.
- R206, I had a very similarly scary dream.
Sounds very scary, R206. I remember a very similar dream that scared me badly.
In the dream, I was in bed backwards with my feet at the headboard. I think I was worried about something being under my bed and being terrified, only to wake up, relieved. I'll tell you right now that It was a false awakening, but this segment was easily one of the most realistic feeling dreams I've ever had.
So I'm laying there in bed, and to my complete horror, a hand comes up from the backside of the bed that is touching the wall. This was shit your pants realism scared, not dreM scared. I believe the hand grabbed at
me or something. I immediately woke up for real, heart racing and genuinely scared.
- I also remember having a dream where I saw a ghost and it was as horrifying as I think it would be to actually see a ghost in real life. Once again, I woke up very scared, but the hand coming up from the backside of the bed was scarier.
- R208 here, sorry, scratch my first line. Stupid iPod.
- Catwoman AGAIN.
Catwoman was screaming and crying, and had to be consoled by Batman(I know, I know). I was Batman doing the consoling but strangely I definitely recognized Catwoman as representing myself this time. The fact that she is a woman is incidental, I just love how she becomes enraged with pain and trashes her apartment in Batman Returns. That's the main reason as to why I like her.
- I was in what seemed to be some European countries. The first one seemed like Germany and I was in a beautiful looking city, like something out of a fairy tale(but large and with lots of people). I went into a shop and found some Nirvana/Kurt Cobain memorabilia.
Later, I was in what seemed to be the Cotswolds in England with my mom. We found some books from the owners of the place we were staying in that at first seemed to be about gardening and interior decorating, but also had mysterious insignias and some type of religious/mystical bent to some of the strange but beautiful drawings.
I'll be damned if I know what those travel dreams mean.
- You people are crazy.
That's why I love coming here.
- I'd like to have a dream about Aimee Mann, because she is so special and beautiful:
- Last night I had a dream that I was on DL talking to others, a message appeared to tell us all to hold on for a moment, and the site returned completely reformatted and upgraded.
- I had a dream that I was on the set of The Shining while it was being made, and Kurt Cobain seemed to be an actor in the movie. Very weird.
- I dreamed a species of giant elephant sized rabbits was discovered rabbits in Iceland.
What made it even funnier was that in the dream I was watching the news as a news reporter was standing beside one of the giant rabbits explaining the discovery in a news ropertery style.
- I had a dream that I entered a haunted house that had Travis Bickle in the garden.
- Last night I had a weirdly disturbing dream about a former classmate of mine. It was night and I saw her up on some apartment catwalk. I wanted to talk to her and went to a nearby bathroom to fix my hair. When I came out, she fell and died, and the baby she was apparently pregnant with came out if her and also died.
Also, there was something about The Silence of the Lambs in the dream, but I can't remember it.
- In one of my dreams last night, my childhood dog (Shayna) was alive, and I was extremely excited to see her. But she was pissed at me for some reason, and when I tried to pet her she bit down on my index finger hard. It was clear she fully intended to bite it off, so I engaged the little shoulder-like muscle structure I had at the base of my finger and found a way to contort it so she couldn't sever my digit. I asked her, "Why did you do that Shayna? Is it because I've left you alone here so long?" She took a step backward and looked up at me as if she was going to say something really important, and suddenly she was run over by a truck.
- I dreamt that I was fingering the violin; but I couldn't really play it because I couldn't interpret the notes; and it was hard to recall the notes; but I eventually did but with great effort.
- R60, expand on that, please. I'm intrigued.
- R166, it could be a succubus or an
- I had a recurring one for a while that I'd find my little dog (gone for many years now) dead in a cabinet or closet or such and I'd realize it was because I'd forgotten to feed him for weeks. It was very disturbing and sad until at some point my awake self realized that dogs won't LET you forget to feed them. Never had that one again after that but I still sometimes have the school one where I'm supposed to be graduating except I realize I never actually went to my classes. Both are obviously anxiety dreams about things not getting done. I also had another recurring one where I was on some sort of boat that would capsize. I was (and still am) self employed and business was pretty rocky at the time of the boat dreams. They stopped when things got better but I expect they'll be back any time now.
- I dreamt that I was attacked by someone then I ladled a hot pot of sriracha sauce into his eyes. I was in some big resort house or something.
- [quote]I've never had the same dream twice,
Has anybody? Is it possible?
- I've heard that tryptophan gives people hallucinogenic dreams.
- After reading the thread about stupid questions that interviewers ask actors, I took a nap and dreamed that I was asking an actor questions about God and the nature of reality.
- R229, actors are notoriously dishonest.
- Another dream about Ian Curtis. Something about him being at a lake and falling into/being pulled into the icy water.
- I wonder what suicidal people dream about.
- The only thing that I seem to enjoy or look forward to in life anymore is vivid dreams. That's it.
- Do outgoing/popular/happy/well adjusted people have significantly different dreams compared to people who are the opposite of them?
- I dreamed of a totalitarian takeover. I was at home when everyone in the neighborhood was called out into the streets, and then herded off by soldiers with machine guns, with nothing but the clothes on their backs. Soon, I was being told to work all day on an assembly line or be shot , I had no idea where I was; and because of a total news blackout, I had no clue who was in control. (And at first I was American, then Russian)
Anyone want to interpret this?
- Funny you ask. Last night, I had a dream that we were hit by a tsunami. ....and I live in Atlanta.
- I had a dream that I had to make some long walk up the Eiffel Tower. There were floors for each level and it was some kind of survival/gladiator game. And I remembering being afraid of the heights.
- I dreamt that my head was trapped between Sidney Crosby's buttocks. He decapitated me.
- You people need to learn how to have better dreams. You disgust me. I'll make you dream better.
- Another dream thread:
- Seven years before my father died of a stroke, I had a dream that he died of a stroke. It happened almost exactly the way I dreamed it.
- Seriously, R241? That is bizarre. Also, I am sorry about his death.
- I had some weird dream about Enya. In the dream, she was from New Zealand and she was on some rowing team.
- I always have dreams about people that I knew a long time ago. People I wanted to connect with, but never could because of shyness. Most of my dreams are about fears and/or sadness.
- I had a bizarre dream last night in which I was baptized and given contact lenses for my eyes at the same time. After getting the contact lenses, I could finally see clearly. I feel like the eyes issue was supposed to symbolize the nature of a baptism.
This all happened in the back seat of a car, on the floor. My family was in the car with me, and I think we were driving to a vacation destination.
- Do any of you dream of being freed from your problems? I do. I dream about it all the time. It's seems impossible, but I never stop hoping that it's possible. I dream of purity. Being able to escape from pain and evil.
- I cannot remember the last time I had a happy dream.
- Do any of you dream of your early childhoods? Like 5 and under.
- I dreamt that a beloved old bus driver of mine(he was an older man that was so nice) didn't drop me off at the correct stop! Oh dear.
- I love and am mystified by Rei Ayanami.
- I cry myself to sleep about half of the time.
- My last dream was I had to go back through high school. For the third time. I was mortified because I was going back as the late middle aged person I am now. All the teenage students in the hall looked at me like I was some freak. And I kept running into teachers who all looked at me disgusted and said, "oh, you again". They definitely weren't happy to see me there, again. I was trying to not be noticed but couldn't hide how much older I was than the other students.
- R252, I've had extremely similar dreams. In a lot of ways, I have unresolved issues from that time period. Time moved on, I thought the pain was over and that I would be okay, but I can't move on from those horrible feelings and it keeps dragging me down. Major unresolved issues on my part.
- My dreams are filled with horrible, ugly feelings of self recrimination. Seemingly most nights.
- About six months ago someone I'd rekindled an old friendship with stopped answering my calls and emails, with no explanation. There was no previous hint of conflict; we both seemed to have a good time whenever we went out. I was hurt, but didn't leave any messages pleading why. I just let it go and figured he'd lost interest and that I'd never see him again.
Over the past 2 months I've been having dreams where he's contacted me again or shows up at my house wanting to hang out. I say "Hey, you blew me off six months ago. Why are you coming around now?" He shrugs it off and says something like it wasn't you, or there was no reason, or he was just busy. He's always a bit irritated that I think it rude to blow someone off for six months and then show up out of the blue like nothing happened. He's pretty flaky, so I could actually imagine him doing that.
I sometimes have prescient dreams, and I wonder if this means he's going to contact me. I dreamed while we were still speaking and he was still sober that he'd fallen off the wagon. I recently found out that he did indeed start drinking again shortly before he blew me off.
I have no intention of allowing this untrustworthy soul in my life again, but my recurring dreams, which I keep track of, provide a tantalizing mystery. I just want to see how this one turns out.
- R257, what are some of the prescient dreams you have had?
When you talked about your dreams providing a tantalizing mystery, do you think they can actually giving you some kind of outside information or deeper life meaning unknown to you when awake(besides prescience)? Do you think they are just a construct of your mind based on your thoughts and feelings, or maybe something more?
Anyone can answer. I love trying to figure out the nature of dreams.
- I dreamed that during some sort of public quarrel, my mother grabbed me by the neck and held a gun to my head, and held me hostage while making demands to the police. Finally she got what she wanted and let me go, and I started screaming that she'd never loved me. She laughed and said of course she didn't and it was a relief to come out and say it.
Gawd, it all sounds so freudian!
- I've had two odd dreams recently that seemed to be about the devil.
In the first dream, I was swimming in the ocean with an old friend and we were searching to no avail for a woman that had gone missing while swimming. I was swimming underwater to look for her and couldn't see anything, and realized that the lost woman had been pulled far under, beyond my reach, and had drowned.
When I surfaced and looked up at the sun in the sky, there was a single, large eye visible in the sun. I immediately had the feeling that it was some sort of representation of the devil, and that it may have been watching what had been happening.
In the second dream(last night), at the tail end of the dream I checked what video my brother had just received from Netflix. It was the movie 'From Hell'. It's about Jack the Ripper and stars Johnny Depp, and the title comes from the way the ripper would sign his notes he sent to the police.
But the actual movie sent felt like it was besides the point, the dream logic made me think that something was 'from hell', in other words, the devil. That's the impression I was left with. And it had nothing to do with my brother whatsoever, this was just the way my dream made a veiled reference to the devil.
Very strange. So what do you Dataloungers think these dreams are about?
- I dreamt my mother came into my room and told me she bought q-tips.
Most BORING dream ever.
I was disappointed at my brain's lack of creativity.
- Just woke up from one where apparently the neighbor cats had kittens under some greenery in our yard. In real life, we have 2 feet of snow in our yard right now. The funny part about the dream was that it took place in spring, and after the snow had melted, the parent cats and their kittens all came out of "hibernation" and were running around playing in our yard. I went to let the dogs out and some were on the porch and ran into the house. There were about 20 of them. Totally cool!
- I'm often traversing some weird landscape(natural looking) in my dreams. I always feel alone in my dreams, I've noticed.
- The other night I had a scary dream about Freddy Krueger. In the dream I was back in school and I was with other people who Freddy was tormenting. We were in the basement of some type of building and we had to make it to the elevator then get out the door of the first floor.
Freddy was coming down to the basement floor and stalking us in the hallways and tearing us apart. One girl was ripped in half and her blood was like a fountain. Of course, Freddy had his supernatural/surreal powers where he could transform.
When we thought the coast was clear, one of us would run to the elevator(we couldn't all go at once for some reason) and try to make it out.
One person got to the elevator and ran out of the building. Another guy was in the clear, they made it into the elevator(the doors closed right before Freddy could get to them) only to encounter a big problem.
The tenacious Freddy transformed and a giant detached claw began opening the elevator doors as the elevator ascended, and then Freddy's giant floating head came in. The guy was screwed.
- What a horrible night to have a curse.
- Has anyone ever haunted you in your dreams?
- Do any of you care to interpret dreams?
Last night I dreamt I was in New Mexico(I think near Albuquerque) with some other man and in the desert we came across some strange and pagan ancient artifact. It was similar to a totem pole but wider and not made out of wood. It almost seemed to be made out of some type of black rock. It reminded me of something out of one of the first three Metroid games, similar to one of the Chozo statues.
The thing could've made myself and the other man extraordinarily rich, but it seemed to be haunted. It released two female spirits that somehow spiritually attacked us and tried to have sex with us. And here is the 'DL' part: One of them looked exactly like Tilda Swinton(who I think is a very beautiful woman)!
Anyway, we kept going back to the statue to investigate it(worryingly), and we did so in secret so people at a nearby restaurant wouldn't find out about it(the statue was a little ways away in a desolate location). We didn't want this mysterious object to be discovered and exploited crassly by others.
Ultimately we knew the statue would be trouble for ourselves and for others, so we forsake our fortune and destroyed the statue by pushing it over, making it crumble to pieces.
Any thoughts on this dream?
- Also, I think there was something about a bad cat in the dream.
- This morning I had a dream which featured the first segment of this beautiful song:
- I had one last night. I rappelling to a cave in the desert. For unknown reasons David Boreanz and Emily Deschanel were there with my first love from college, like I was in an episode of "Bones."
- Sounds kind of fun, R272. Maybe you view your first love as being some kind of buried treasure or something.
- I had a dream this morning that was going through an airport. I had to poop and my breathe smelled bad.
- I anticipate the day that I no longer have any bad dreams about school. I'm incredibly tired of those dreams.
- Do any of you experience sleep paralysis?
- I'll forget my dreams and then during the day I'll either come across something or have a weird experience that triggers a memory os something I dreamt about. Such as a waking reference to a random celebrity, only to realize that I had just had a dream of that celeb the night before! Very weird.
- Surface to air missiles being launched all over NYC, planes falling out of the sky, boats in the Hudson being blown up. I was running through Central Park, looking for a place to hide and landmines started going off, blowing people to bits.
- I had one of those "worst thing that could happen" dreams recently. As a background, my new manager (we've had her for six months now) tends to say callous or rude things about other co-workers and managers without even thinking about it. Also, her desk is across from mine, and the floor manager's desk is also next to us.
So in the dream, I'm sitting at my desk, and one of the managers is standing at her desk talking to her. She says something very rude about a co-worker, who happens to be a friend of mine. I turn and look right at her, and loudly exclaim: "Well, you're just a fucking loud-mouthed bitch, aren't you?". Everybody heard me, and she got up and went over to the floor manager, and the two of them were talking and looking over at me. That's how it ended. I went to work the next day paranoid that I was going to blurt something out like that!
- Bad dream. With a caravan in the desert. Go back a short way to get something, caravan doesn't wait for me. Thought I'd only be an hour behind, find out it will take a month to get back to them.
Barren and lonely. Everything looks the same. Find a pillow that someone lost or left behind, take it for comfort. Another variation on the abandonment/left behind by the world dream. Unsurprisingly preceded by a school dream where I had to take a class a second time and was still failing. Someone help me break the cycle.
- [quote]With a caravan in the desert. Go back a short way to get something, caravan doesn't wait for me. Thought I'd only be an hour behind, find out it will take a month to get back to them.
To dream you have been abandoned is a dream of contrary and means you will have a reconciliation or a quick recovery from trouble.
- [quote]Just woke up from one where apparently the neighbor cats had kittens under some greenery in our yard.
For a woman, a dream of playful kittens predicts a pleasant but unimportant romantic affair. For a man, it signifies a disappointment in love.
- R269: A longing for beauty of some kind?
I sometimes have sleep paralysis. The first time was the most disturbing. I then had it 3 more times.
- [quote]The thing could've made myself and the other man extraordinarily rich, but it seemed to be haunted. It released two female spirits that somehow spiritually attacked us and tried to have sex with us.
True love and friendship are the omens in a dream of a spire outlined against the sky. However, if the spire was twisted or leaning, it is a sign that you will have some difficulties to overcome before you achieve your goal.
A dream of seeing or speaking with a spirt is a warning of deception where you least suspect it.
- [quote]I rappelling to a cave in the desert. For unknown reasons David Boreanz and Emily Deschanel were there with my first love from college, like I was in an episode of "Bones."
Dreams involving cave dwellers are an omen of marital happiness.
If your dreams involved meeting actors or actresses, be careful not to repeat gossip or you could lose a friend.
- [quote]My last dream was I had to go back through high school. For the third time.
A dream of being in school suggests that your reluctance to break old associations is retarding your progress.
- [quote]Over the past 2 months I've been having dreams where he's contacted me again or shows up at my house wanting to hang out. I say "Hey, you blew me off six months ago. Why are you coming around now?"
Any kind of reunion featured in your dream indicates that you will have outside help in furthering your ambitions.
- Two dreams over two nights. The first one I was dating Andy Cohen and he had an apartment at the corner of Fillmore and Haight Streets in SF and it was in a tenement surrounded by burnt out buildings but his space was fabulous. We had long talks and I would look into his non-wonky eye and ask him about Housewives. The second dream I was dating Willie Geist and this time we were on the 22 Fillmore bus going to a party on Potrero Hill and everyone was diabetic and Willie brought his cats one of which had tourquoise stones embedded in its coat. Lot of other stuff happened of course but too much to remember clearly except that I am a whore in my dream life and I have a fondness for people on basic cable.
- I had a live sea lamprey that I wanted to cook, so I put it in a pot full of boiling water. Later my mother sarcastically reminded me about it and tossed the boiled lamprey in front of me. It hadn't died yet and I felt ashamed of having done such a cruel thing to a live animal. It also occurred to me that it was a rotten way to cook it and probably would have tasted terrible. Then I thought that the right way to cook it would have been to sever its spinal cord with a sharp knife, then clean and fillet it and saute it in butter.
- I had a dream this morning that a good friend at work died.
After she died she came to me and said something like:
"don't worry about me (or dying, can't remember), you just close your eyes and tey never reopen.
- Another thread about school dreams:
- Back in January, I had a hauntingly beautiful dream, which incidentally took place after the worst day of my life(not that I'm going to get into that). It was strange because it was like some kind of solace, or a strong link to some of my deepest desires and feelings that came out because I was in such a nightmarish situation.
The dream revolved around 'The Virgin Suicides'. It's an amazing book, and the movie is not bad, either(but the book is far better).
Anyway, I can't do the dream justice by only describing these few segments that I remember, not only because they are segmented, but also because the tone of the emotions and the mystery I experienced cannot be conveyed.
I remember that I was in a classroom with Lux Lisbon(the main character), and the mundane reality of the situation began to fade out and it transitioned to a darkened movie theater. There was a heightened sense of reality and mystery, she was this mysterious character who fascinated and intrigued me, I felt as if the world was really opening up beyond our banal lives and that there was something I needed to find out with her. Or maybe she was the great mystery.
The spectrum of time and events cannot be described or encompassed here, but there was a feeling of romantic tragedy. She had gone somewhere and was locked away in her house at night, and the only sign I had of her was a glowing candle I could see in her window, which filled her entire room. Lux is latin for 'light', by the way.
Anyways, on another day, maybe after some kind of tragedy, Lux and her sisters were all in their bathrobes or pajamas(I think this is in the movie and book), and they were all holding unhatched eggs, which was a weird addition from my own brain. I was happy that they had the eggs, and I wanted their eggs to be protected.
The ending was amazing. I was talking to Lux on a hill at night, we had a scenic view and other people were around. All of a sudden, she turned her head and pointed to some strange looking thing in the night sky, which looked like some giant purple/pink star that was giving off an eerie glow. The 'star' or whatever it was seemed to be some kind of omen(for good or bad, we didn't know), and it heralded the arrival of a spectacular event.
All of these things that looked like white shooting stars began to fill the sky, it was like some type of extremely rare star shower. But they weren't shooting straight, they were arcing and were thick, kind of like how a flare from a flare gun hangs in the sky. But they were covering and stretching out over the entire sky. It was incredibly beautiful.
I don't know what this dreams means. I don't know if it was a message to myself, was about something in my future, or was describing something about myself(or all of the above). It was strange but glorious. I wish that real life could be like that. I've always been a romantic and a dreamer, perhaps I am just wishing for the stars and don't want to settle for less.
- I had another weird school dream last night. In the dream I was paired up to work with some other guy. The guy told me that I was a genius(very weird). Anyway, I stood up and streched in the class which the stupid teacher reprimanded me for, and this classmate went off on me trying to make me out to be a terrible person.
The two of them could've just corrected me and told me the rule and it would've been fie, but they had to be jerks. This other student kept disparaging me and then I lost it. This guy was huge but I pinned him to the ground, started yelling at him and began punching him. I think I may have some issues.
- Funniest dreams of all time:
- I also have dreams that people or animals are getting lost or hurt and I have to watch out for them. Last night I dreamt that someone fell over a railing to a lower floor and it was upsetting to watch as they fell and screamed. This type of dream is common for me.
- Did you ever have a dream that you thought was reality, or did something ever happen to you in reality but you thought it was a dream?
- Some of my best experiences happened during Hypnagogia, the transitional state between waking and sleeping. Sometimes it's been just as good as some of my best dreams.
- Last night I dreamt of Manderlay again.
- I would love to have a dream about a place like Manderley.
- I dreamt I had to go back to school again. Courtney Love was the teacher, and she knew that I'd been telling people that she had killed Kurt Cobain. And now she wanted to kill me! Oh dear.
- [quote]Did you ever have a dream that you thought was reality, or did something ever happen to you in reality but you thought it was a dream?
Yes. And it's hard to deal with it emotionally sometimes. Especially if the dream was intense.
I keep dreaming about trying to use the bathroom or take a shower but I can't get any privacy. There's always a bunch of people watching me or bursting in on me.
Fucking annoying but it's totally how I feel IRL.
- R303, are the bathroom dreams the ones you confused for reality, or are you talking about other dreams? If other dreams, could you share them, please?
As far as confusing the two, my point is that when something is remembered and after some time has passed, it can sometimes be hard to know if it was a dream or reality. When it was a dream, it usually means that the dream made a big emotional impression on you, and when it was something that happened in reality, it usually means that there was some kind of dreamy aspect to the real event. That's how I'd describe the two when you get confused about them.
- Sorry, r304.
No, I can tell the bathroom dreams are dreams.
The dreams I get confused with reality are usually work related. I'll dream I completed something at work (like a project or solved a problem or sent a report). But once I wake up and go into the office, I realize that whatever I dreamed about isn't truly done.
That sort of pisses me off. Like I don't get PAID to have work invade my dreams, right?
- Sounds annoying, R305. Dreams are supposed to be a respite from the crappy real world, but sometimes after waking up, the crappy real world seems like a respite from my awful dreams.
- I've had several dreams where I can levitate.
I've also had dreams where family members who have long been dead just suddenly appear in present times like nothing's ever happened.
- do they speak, or are they silent, R307?
- The dead relative dreams seem pretty normal to me, mine aren't spooky or weird. I'd imagine that they are pretty common.
- I anticipate a good dream tonight.
- I had a dream where I was elected president and a married former employee of me I hadn't seen in years shows up to the transition team meeting, strips naked in front of anyone and says, "I'll be your personal assistant" and then crawls under the desk. I pull him out sit him in a chair, still naked, and say, "Meet the First Gentleman. Anyone who doesn't like it can leave right now!"
- lol, R311!
- R310 here. Well, I had a dream about walking around a nice three story house. I guess that's a decent dream.
- I dreamt that I got vanilla and mint chocolate chip ice cream with a friend that I hadn't seen in a long time. I worried about not having enough money.
- I dreamed I entered a group marriage, married to five other people. Which meant that we all had to sleep in the same bed - four sardined together with heads on the pillows, and two lying lenghtwise at the foot of the bed.
Which really made me wonder - how do poeple in multipile relationships handle sleeping arrangements? Beds are only comfortable for two people.
- Anyone here ever dream about unicorns? I ask because I have a big interest in the mythology surrounding unicorns, but I can't recall ever having dreams of them.
- Never dreamt of a unicorn or any mythological creature.
- I used to have filthy dreams and wake up just as I was shooting, now it's angry dreams about shit going on at work and tasks I have to complete and telling people exactly what I think of them, and no, those dreams don't get me creaming in my sleep.
- I dreamt I went into my bedroom and my bed was ruined and had collapsed, and the windows behind my headboard were gone and that part of that wall seemed to be destroyed. Now I was exposed to the world and the neighbors could see in. I tried to hide in the corner of my room and I think I was naked.
- ALL DREAM THREAD GETS ASSIMEILATE SDINTO THIS THREASD:
- I had a very weird dream that I was at Ridley Scott's house with Ridley and his family. And here is the really weird part: he had Sean Young's costumes that she wore as Rachael in Blade Runner, and I was informed that my own grandmother had been the costume designer for that movie! I loved Rachael's costumes(and overall look) from Blade Runner.
I remember being surprised that my grandmother had such a dark and weird sense of creativity. I wonder what this dream could mean.
To dream that you are in school, signifies feelings of inadequacy and childhood insecurities that have never been resolved. It may relate to anxieties about your performance and abilities. If you are still in school and dream about school, then it will naturally serve as a backdrop to your dream world.
Alternatively, a dream that takes place in school may be a metaphor for the lessons that you are learning from your waking life. You may be going through a "spiritual learning" experience.
To dream that you are looking for a school suggests that you need to expand your knowledge and learning.
To dream that your childhood school is in ruins suggests that you are dwelling on some unresolved childhood issue. Alternatively, the dream represents the passage of time. You need to look toward the future instead of reliving the past.
- I had a rather cryptic Kurt Cobain dream last night. Maybe someone can help me interpret it.
I was involved in some large fight involving many people(and two sides fighting), it was like I had the powers of 'Storm' from X-Men. I could fly and I was attacking enemies with lightning. I was basically Storm, although I was myself(if you get what I'm saying).
It was taking place in this huge warehouse type of place. Anyway, I landed and the fight seemed to be over. I went around a corner and saw Kurt Cobain walking towards me. He handed me a gift in a gift bag, then walked past me. I saw him disappear(not literally) around the corner behind me.
I looked in the bag and the gift he had given me was a book, it seemed like it was a dictionary or a thesaurus or something. He came back around the corner and said 'You can/should go to school'. In real life, I only went to college for a few semesters and felt completely stressed out about it, and I now feel stuck in that time period. I couldn't go because of personal/anxiety issues and I feel like I can't get my head out of that time period, like I'm stuck back then. Maybe it sounds stupid, but it's a huge issue in my life.
Anyway, when he said that I hugged him and started crying. The feeling I got from him giving me that gift and saying that was either that I was back at that time period and he was saying that I'd be alright and that I could do it despite my bad feelings towards myself, or he was saying that I was good enough the way I am and that I shouldn't feel bad. Like I was worthy of going to school(and that I should live my life).
I read some stuff about the dream symbols, and for storms/lightning it said they have to do with sudden insight/an epiphany/spiritual insight, or sudden/shocking events/or other powers affecting your life. It says that a gift suggests you are appreciated/loved/respected/valued by others. A book represents calmness, moving toward goals, and knowledge.
Anyway, I don't think the dream was really suggesting that I should go back to school. I know I already did some of my own interpreting, but I was wondering how some other posters in here might interpret this dream. It seemed very meaningful to me and I'd like some help in trying to figure it out.
- Any other lucid dream experiences?
- The other night I dreamt that I found a bunch of secrets in Mario 3. All of these secret doorways to find the whistles that let you warp to other worlds.
- Last night I had a dream and I remember it had something to do with the number 50. Here's what I read about this:
50 - Fifty
Fifty stands for all that is holy. It also represents joy and celebration. Alternatively, the dream represents your fair share of something, as in 50:50.
- I wish I was like you
- Last night I had a dream that a chihuahua was choking on a tennis ball.
- I dreamt that I was slapped in the face by Robert Duvall because I was very upset.
- I keep forgetting them, but there's always a lot of music.
- Interesting that R312 had a dream about Ridley Scott a few months ago
- Clearly, the wrong brother jumped.
- Have you any dreams you'd like to sell? Dreams of loneliness... Like a heartbeat...drives you mad In the stillness of remembering what you had And what you lost
- The last dream I remember with a famous person is starring in a movie opposite Meryl Streep. I kept forgetting my lines and ad-libbing, and Meryl was very nice about it and would play along even though it forced her off-script at times.
- I dreamed Jeremy Irons decreed that rhyming was illegal. And so it was.
- I used to have nightmares about defirmed dwarfs that smelled like death. I'd wake up and still be able to smell them. During this time, I was walking down Graham from my place to the train and walked by a dwarf with a combover drinking beer out of a dixie cup near the od men playing dominos and he smelled just like the death stench in my dreams.
- R337, have you seen the movie Don't Look Now? You've been warned.
PS: Many recent end of high school dreams for me.
- What about fever dreams? Here's a vague definition I found: "The long, tedious, seemingly endless string of dream sequences that often accompanies an illness that includes a fever. Not usually so frightening as tiring and weird -- long hallways, destinations never actually reached, confusion, dense but only mildly significant symbolism.
I think they probably have something in common with dreams induced by medication, mild poisons (including food-poisoning), and non-lethal but excessive doses of drugs.
Your body is too weak to wake up, but your brain churns on. Blood is racing through your body to deliver material to fight the infection, and you are sweating like crazy to help eliminate the toxins."
Not sure if that is accurate but I've heard the term being tossed around and wanted to see what others had to say.
- yeah i dreamed i fucked anonymous up the ass
- I dreamed I saw Joe Hill last night
- Funny this thread got bumped because I had a doozy of one last night. I dreamt I had thick, longish hair on my feet. Like a headful of hair along the outside of my feet, and the equivalent of a full beard and mustache on the tops. I kept trying to shave it and the razor was getting all clogged.
I'm under a lot of stress lately, but not sure what this could mean.
- Close your eyes I wanna ride your skies in my sweet dreams
- Dreams are do cryptic and seemingly random most of the time.Do you guys think that they always mean something or relate to your current state of mind?
- Do you think this holds any weight? Very interesting views:
- A two part video giving one take on what dreams are:
- Part 2:
- Last night? I had a dream which ended in the most fucked way. My green yoga ball I use for a chair turned into kristen Stewart and then she jumped on my head and ate me through her vag. When I woke up all I could say was, "What the fuck is wrong with me?"
- I saw that PBS show and it scared me to death since I can rarely sleep longer than two hours at a stretch. I think REM sleep negativity is controlling my life!
- You should've punted that ball into the sea and never told anyone.
- i had a dream that i had to protect my boss, she is absolutely beautiful and i felt i had to do everything in my power to save her in this dream from a man threatening her with a knife. im so confused as to why i dreamed it and im looking for answers or something hahaha. im also female so its a bit odd for me to be dreaming about my boss...who is female as well :/.
- Are you a lesbian?
I keep dreaming about my old apartment.
Do dreams mean anything or actually amount to any type of insight, or is it just random and meaningless weirdness for no reason every night? Because that's what it's starting to seem like to me.
- I had this great dream about an imaginary film technique which has fallen out of fashion and was invented in the 60s by Richard Benjamin. Basically, they would just insert a tiny old green-blue car or many of them into a scene or throughout a film to change the mood. This was usually done in films specifically about women. No one rode in nor drove the cars they would just drive through the scene. I got to watch several films which used this technique.
They kind of looked like this, but bluer and much smaller:
- I dreamed it was WWII, and I was a teenaged fat girl. I'd become an army nurse, and my best friend from high school, a gay boy (not out) had become a soldier. We were on a troop ship being taken into a combat zone, and I was telling everyone we were lovers, but really, we'd had sex once just so we could say we'd had sex.
WTF? In real life I'm fifty and a pacifist who loathes the military.
- What part of the brain relates to dreaming?
- [/quote]Dreams are do cryptic and seemingly random most of the time.Do you guys think that they always mean something or relate to your current state of mind?
[/quote]What part of the brain relates to dreaming?
There seems to be no particular "dream center". The entire brain seems to be at least somewhat active during the process of dreaming.
A theory that was first postulated in 1911 and then again in 1983 says that the brain is examining bits of information that were not processed properly in the conscious state (while awake). It is eliminating most of that data ( which is why we tend to not remember most dreams (if we wake up during a dream we are more likely to recall it)).
The brain does tend to invent a story about the data because it is experiencing data input much the same way as it does during the day.
It has been compared to a computer defragmentation.
- This is my dream every night:
- I dreamed I was married to Ben Affleck and we adopted a Chinese baby and gave her a really boring name like Lisa or Jane or something and I almost immediately dyed her hair fuschia and I picked her up from the lobby of some illegal gambling hall where there was this young woman talking like an old lady with this really greasy young guy about meat pastries with names I couldn't pronounce that had lots of silent 'g's and 'oa'/''ao' combinations and Ben was on the cell phone giving a really boring monologue about driving past a field of poppies along the freeway and not knowing he wanted Jane until she appeared and she was kind of like a snow man just a round head on a round body with dots for a face.
- [quote]I had this great dream about an imaginary film technique which has fallen out of fashion and was invented in the 60s by Richard Benjamin. Basically, they would just insert a tiny old green-blue car or many of them into a scene or throughout a film to change the mood. This was usually done in films specifically about women. No one rode in nor drove the cars they would just drive through the scene. I got to watch several films which used this technique.
The omen here depends on whether or not you enjoyed what you saw; if you did, the augury is one of pleasant social times ahead. But if you were depressed, displeased, or disgusted you are being warned aginst being deluded by a dishonest avowal of love or cheated by an insincere declaration of friendship.
- [quote]Last night? I had a dream which ended in the most fucked way. My green yoga ball I use for a chair turned into kristen Stewart and then she jumped on my head and ate me through her vag. When I woke up all I could say was, "What the fuck is wrong with me?"
You must assert yourself in a more positive way to gain your ambitions. If your dream involved meeting acrots or actresses, be careful not to repeat gossip or you could lose a friend.
- [quote]I dreamed it was WWII, and I was a teenaged fat girl. I'd become an army nurse, and my best friend from high school, a gay boy (not out) had become a soldier. We were on a troop ship being taken into a combat zone, and I was telling everyone we were lovers, but really, we'd had sex once just so we could say we'd had sex.
For a woman to dream of soldiers is a warning against casual love affairs; but for a man, it predicts surprising business or professional changes.
- [quote]I dreamed I was married to Ben Affleck and we adopted a Chinese baby and gave her a really boring name like Lisa or Jane or something and I almost immediately dyed her hair fuschia
A dream of contrary. If you were adopted yourself, expect an appeal for help from some unanticipated quarter (probably a relative). However if you did the adopting, your year ahead will be auspicious for speculation.
- [quote]Last night I had a dream that a chihuahua was choking on a tennis ball.
The best general intepretation of a dream which involves choking is the old saying that "The things you worry about most never happen."
- [quote]I used to have nightmares about defirmed dwarfs that smelled like death.
All your problems will disappear as if by magic if you dreamed of being or seeing a drawf, unless the dwarf was ugly or malformed, in which case you are being warned against a false friend, so be cautious about sharing secrets.
- [quote]Well, I had a dream about walking around a nice three story house. I guess that's a decent dream.
An old house signifies a renewal of an old association. A new house predicts financial security.
- [quote]I dreamt I went into my bedroom and my bed was ruined and had collapsed, and the windows behind my headboard were gone and that part of that wall seemed to be destroyed. Now I was exposed to the world and the neighbors could see in. I tried to hide in the corner of my room and I think I was naked.
To dream of the destruction of buildings or other structures or their environment by aggression or natural causes is a warning to curb your temper; ill-considered or impulsive reactions could be very costly just now.
- [quote]All of these things that looked like white shooting stars began to fill the sky, it was like some type of extremely rare star shower. But they weren't shooting straight, they were arcing and were thick, kind of like how a flare from a flare gun hangs in the sky. But they were covering and stretching out over the entire sky. It was incredibly beautiful.
To dream of a particular bright and/or twinkling star predicts that your destiny will be fulfilled through the help of a powerful friend of the opposite sex. Many bright stars are a promise of success, but pale stars portend a period of poverty. A dream of a shooting or falling star indicates assured success but not as soon as you had hoped.
- Had a dream a few days ago where I was sitting at my desk at work, looking out the window. I looked over at the clock and saw it was 6:30 pm. The sun was still up. I thought to myself, " why is the sun still up? It's usually set by now."
The sun replied, "I know that a lot of people have been very sad lately. I decided to stay out longer because sunshine makes people happy."
Best dream I've had in a long time. Simple yet profound.
- I was just texted awake. I was in the middle of a dream where an historic Seinfeld episode was being rerun -- the one about the John Lennon assassination. George takes Elaine to the hospital for a doctor's appointment and while there, he gets onto an argument about baseball with a Spanish-speaking member of the NY Yankees. While having the argument, a crazy old black man starts shooting out in the hallway and he shoots and kills John Lennon. The episode was supposed to be noted for its hilarity while dealing with a serious subject. (An interview show the old black man later saying he was tired of being treated like a nobody. He'd been waiting in the ER for hours, and when he saw Lennon, he saw his chance to make a statement.)
In the dream, John Lennon and Yoko Ono were living in this tiny apartment with no security guard or doorman. George's car tires got shot out and he had to stay at the hospital overnight waiting for a loaner.He's given a huge car that gets 1 mile to the gallon and as he is pulling away from the curb, a family is hurriedly getting out of a cab. The youngest boy drops his disheveled-looking teddy bear onto a newspaper that is lying on the street and is stained with blood. The laugh track laughs very loud. George drives over the teddy bear, flattening it. As he drives away, the teddy bear partly reassumed its shape but remains flat in the head and the abdomen. The kid is crying but the parents hustle him into the hospital.
I guess I need to see a shrink. Especially for the racist part of turning a young white shooter into an old black man.
- I was in my back yard and all of these wild animals appeared. Spotted rabbits, reindeer with giant antlers, unicorns and deer with tree branch antlers. I was marveling at them and petting the unicorn (no, I am not a 9 year old girl) when all of a sudden a creature that was a cross between a baboon and gorilla came out of the woods, riding a goat. It was wearing a helmet and carrying a machete. It came right at me, swinging the machete. I ran to get to my house and fell. I woke up when I fell. It was terrifying.
- positive thinking and talk is amazing
- have what seeking but when arrives at tong not able can say that what is being spoke of is more than given credit
- Totally serious here ... last night I dreamed my hair was falling out in clumps and I was handing it to Jennifer Aniston.
- Keep having recurring dreams of people,zombies, and last night was Jason with a Freddie glove.trying to get in my home...think I'm stresed much!
- Anyone want to analyze this one?
I dreamed I had a minor traffic violation, and was sentenced to "community service". It turned out that 'community service" in the town where I'd made the illegal U-turn was to crawl along the highest cable of a long suspension bridge, from one end to the other and back again - the distance of about a mile. But I began to hear that absolutely everyone who went out on that bridge fell to their deaths.
I realized I'd been sentenced to DIE for an illegal U-turn! I thought about safety harnesses, lawyering up, I begged to pay a fine or spend a few nights in jail instead, I didn't want to die because of a traffic ticket! The sense of impending dread was incredibly strong, when I woke up I was incredibly relieved that I wasn't about to die.
- I just had a dream about a rabies epidemic, first dogs had it, then other animals then humans, and they all wanted to get into my home. Now I'm afraid to go back to sleep.
- I had a fucked up one back in '08 involving Motown legend Mary Wells, President Obama, Judy Garland, a car breakdown, donuts & raw onions. I'm still struggling to make some sense of it all.
- This one is pretty obvious in its meaning...
I dreamed that my crush and I were, for some reason, sitting on the floor where I work. She was wearing a white baseball hat (totally not her normal attire, to say the least) and mirrored sunglasses. We leaned toward each other and I asked, "What are we doing?" and she smiled and said, "I'm going to kiss you." and then she did. It was very, very real.
Kind of a pathetic dream. I mean, could the disguise/hiding imagery be any more obvious? Ugh. At least I can still remember the feel of that kiss. It made my day.
- Thunder only happens when it's raining.
Always dream of a hidden tearoom in a dark hallway at my old middle school.
It's usually packed with guys having sex. The toilets are usually filthy though.
Last night I was in a beautiful forest ( like in Harry Potter) & a really large badger kept blocking me from my bike,while my partner pedals away.
My best friend &my mother both died recently (I can't believe how much I miss them), so I love when they are in my dreams.
I lived in Provincetown for many years. A lot of my dreams take place there.
- I had a dream in the 8th grade that I was with THE Abby Ewing on the patio of her beach house, we were sitting at a patio table, when a UFO landed on the beach and buried us in sand. This was 1987-ish.
- I keep fucking dreaming of that shitting Manderley Trailer Park back in Hayti, Missouri, in the Bootheel. Agin and agin.
- I keep having dreams with the same theme, would anyone like a crack at interpreting it?
I'm moving into a new home, some place I consider to be a wonderful upgrade from the old place. As I settle in, I realize that the place is deeply flawed in some way; lack of privacy, the commute to my job is hideously long (and somehow I hadn't realized it before), the place is ugly, my parents are there, etc., there's something awful about it. And I realize I'd rather stay where I live now, in real life.
And no, I'm neither divorced or partnered, that's not what the dreams mean.
- I have dreams of loneliness, like a heartbeat drives you mad.
- I had this dream twice - just with slightly different twists:
I'm travelling with my mother (deceased), who appears to be in her late 60's in the dreams. We stop for the night at a motel. My mother goes to the bathroom. Later, when I go to the bathroom, I see that the toilet is gone. I ask my mother about it and her demeanor changes. She gets belligerent and angry and irrational - says that she doesn't want toilets around anymore, like they're evil and unnecessary. I try to reason with her and she argues her case - almost manically. I start to figure out that my mother has a mental illness and that I will never get her to see the problem. I start to feel despair for her future.
In the 2nd dream, the motel toilet was gone and the floor was flooded with fecal matter. But the argument was the same - toilets are "bad" and I was wrong for not agreeing with my mother. Also, in this dream, a psychiatrist magically appears and I discuss the issue with her. She tries to reason with Mom... then I wake up.
- Last night I dreamed that I was watching TV and that Oprah had her own sitcom. I only saw the intro. Apparently it was like [italic]Good Times[/italic] -- she was walking through a gritty neighborhood waving to her neighbors while an upbeat R&B tune was playing in the background.
The "WTF" part: At one point somebody came up to her and sprayed her hair with Afro Sheen.
- I keep my visions to myself.