Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

3 bodies found in Mexican region where Australian, American surfers went missing, FBI says

Drugs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 7, 2024 7:06 AM

Murdoch Post links give clickdollars and SEO to people who hate gays.

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2024 6:57 AM

Thugs?

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2024 7:04 AM

R2, surfers?

Drugs.

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2024 7:14 AM

Thugs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2024 7:17 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2024 10:55 AM

Authorities expressed concerns about the time that had passed since the disappearance, indicating that delays in reporting the missing persons could hinder the search efforts, recalling a previous incident in 2015 where two Australian surfers were killed in a separate region of Mexico.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2024 5:10 PM

Haven't been to Mexico for a vacation in 20 years and it's likely I'll never set foot in that hellscape again.

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2024 5:15 PM

I remember when I was in fourth grade in the late '80s, some Texas college boy on spring break was kidnapped and tortured to death as a human sacrifice by some Mexicans. *shivers*

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2024 5:22 PM

Mexico City and some of the other tourist destinations are very safe, if you indeed keep to the touristy parts. But I would not set foot off the beaten path.

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2024 5:22 PM

[quote] 3 bodies found in Mexican region where Australian, American surfers went missing, FBI says

Oh Fuck, that doesn’t sound good. I think we’ll reconsider our plans to head down to San Felipe over Memorial Day weekend. We’re not interested in a one way trip.

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2024 7:45 PM

I understand PV is pretty safe.

If DL fave Jason Dottley can survive there, it must be okay.

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2024 8:24 PM

"I remember when I was in fourth grade in the late '80s, some Texas college boy on spring break was kidnapped and tortured to death as a human sacrifice by some Mexicans. *shivers*"

The Texas boy was kidnapped by a murderous cult. He was sodomized and tortured for hours before being killed with a machete in some santeria-like ritual.

This is like the OG of nightmare material.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2024 8:24 PM

I'll ask the dumb question. What does that region offer that Australia, Hawaii, etc. don't in terms of surfing? Why would anyone risk it?

by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2024 8:28 PM

The thick, Mexican uncut linga isn’t worth the effort at my age to go off the beaten path for

I’ll have another helping of hotel flan, though!

by Anonymousreply 14May 4, 2024 8:35 PM

R9 R14 Cancun is not off the beaten path

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 4, 2024 9:17 PM

terror in paradise

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 4, 2024 9:17 PM

The one guy in particular had great hair, but he couldn’t last forever.

by Anonymousreply 17May 4, 2024 9:26 PM

All is not well!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 4, 2024 9:42 PM

The glory days of Acapulco are also long over.

by Anonymousreply 19May 4, 2024 9:44 PM

I'll say! R19

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 4, 2024 10:02 PM

Drug deal gone bad? Surfers are often not deserving of the cowabunga, hang-loose reputation they have. Their world can be quite dark and drug-filled.

by Anonymousreply 21May 4, 2024 10:56 PM

I was never interested in going to Mexico and then I really wasn't interested when a couple from my town went. They rented a car here. I'll bet they were targeting license plates because they were pulled over and charged with not buying Mexican insurance on a rented US car. They spent 3 days in jail until their families could send the bribe money.

by Anonymousreply 22May 5, 2024 12:26 AM

R12 God, that's worse than I remembered! 😲

by Anonymousreply 23May 5, 2024 4:16 AM

R12 Jesus Christ! I'd never heard of this. Horrific

by Anonymousreply 24May 5, 2024 4:22 AM

[quote] Drugs?

𝐓𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒

Mexican authorities said thieves killed two Australians and an American on a surfing trip to Mexico in order to steal their truck, particularly because they wanted the tires.

Andrade Ramírez described the moments of terror that ended the trip for brothers Jake and Callum Robinson from Australia and American Jack Carter Rhoad.

She said the killers drove by and saw the foreigners' pickup truck and tents, and wanted to steal their tires.

'Surely, they resisted,' she said of the victims, and the thieves shot them to death.

The thieves then went to what she called 'a site that is extremely hard to get to' and dumped their bodies into a well they apparently were familiar with. She said investigators were not ruling out the possibility the same suspects also dumped the first, earlier body in the well as part of their thefts.

'They may have been looking for trucks in this area,' Andrade Ramírez said.

The site where the bodies were discovered near the township of Santo Tomás was near the remote seaside area where the missing men´s tents and truck were found Thursday along the coast.

Jesús Gerardo Garcia Cota, alias El Kekas, and his partner Ari Gisel García Cota have been charged after police found four bodies at the bottom of a well on a ranch in northern Mexico. Cristian Alejandro García, the brother of Kekas, was also charged.

All three of the suspects were in possession of an assortment of methamphetamines and other illegal drugs at the time of their arrest, according to Zeta and Talk Baja.

------------------

And they look like such nice boys.

The Mexicans will probably be punished for this. If only they had come to New York there would be no problem.

by Anonymousreply 25May 5, 2024 9:10 PM

Surfing opportunities in NYC are rather limited.

by Anonymousreply 26May 5, 2024 9:58 PM

[Quote] Drug deal gone bad? Surfers are often not deserving of the cowabunga, hang-loose reputation they have. Their world can be quite dark and drug-filled.

Maybe R21 but not in this case

Police believe the three were carjacked — and then summarily executed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 6, 2024 2:01 AM

R27, mea culpa. My apologies for impugning these poor fellas. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 28May 6, 2024 6:33 AM

At least they were shot, and probably died quickly. Cartels are infamous for horrible torture, like live dismemberment and then slow beheading. Why the hell would anyone want to go to a region of Mexico that's known for cartel violence?

by Anonymousreply 29May 6, 2024 10:15 PM

Apparently the cartels aren't the ones who abduct and kill tourists, because they don't want to scare away what is good for the economy. It's the locals (like this story) and police.

by Anonymousreply 30May 6, 2024 10:18 PM

[quote] It's the locals (like this story) and police.

The sort swarming the border and given free housing, free money, and free food in New York

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 6, 2024 11:03 PM

Why would anyone go to a remote part of Mexico after all of the killings during the past several years?

Couldn't happen to me? Guess again.

by Anonymousreply 32May 6, 2024 11:54 PM

Three tourists found dead in Mexico were shot in the head and their bodies dumped in a well, authorities have confirmed.

------------------

That's execution, not resistance

by Anonymousreply 33May 7, 2024 6:46 AM

Just saw that the families have identified the bodies as the three missing men. Car jacking gone very bad. They also have suspects in custody.

by Anonymousreply 34May 7, 2024 7:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!