Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Basket Case” (1982)

Anyone else remember this tiny budget (it was made on 5 figures) independent horror film? It was the most bizarre film that gained a cult following.

It’s an out a country boy who goes to NYC with just a basket and a backpack. He stays in a motel room and we learn that he carries his surgically removed Siamese twin around with him in the basket. They end up looking for the Doctors who separated them at birth to kill them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 5, 2024 12:28 PM

It was my little brother's favorite movie. He was born 1966. I must have seen it.

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2024 2:14 AM

It was featured on the Comedy Central show "Drive in Reviews". I thought the scenes were hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2024 3:10 AM

Yes. This was the early 80s so stop motion was used for the creature. It looks dated now but at the time looked creepy. And funny.

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2024 3:24 AM

The best part of the movie is seeing 1982s gritty and seedy NYC in the background.

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2024 3:25 AM

R4 Agree! It looked so grimy, and exciting.

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2024 3:33 AM

R4 I also agree. That was NYC ar its best. The movie is corny. Saw it years ago

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2024 3:36 AM

#6 = Photographer Laura Mars

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2024 3:39 AM

Was this the movie with the guy in the gym shower or was that “Brain Damage”?

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2024 3:54 AM

I saw the scene where he confronts the surgeon and the brother puts like 2 dozen scalpels into her head.

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2024 4:12 AM

R8 Brain Damage

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2024 4:19 AM

It also had the leading man running full frontal naked on the streets of NY.

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2024 4:49 AM

Went opening night midnight show at the Waverly in NYC, fun goofy movie. Saw the star Kevin VanHentenryck who does a full frontal in it at CHILLER in NJ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2024 4:54 AM

R12 I’m sure….

No one cares that he did nudity. We aren’t 12 and he isn’t even attractive

by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2024 5:05 AM

I don’t know it, OP, but it reminds me of Student Bodies, a low-budget cult movie that we Houston kids watched all the time during the early 80s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 4, 2024 5:20 AM

R12 Fun! Did you trick?

by Anonymousreply 15May 4, 2024 5:41 AM

R14 I always liked that one. I have a soft spot for 80s B horror films and low budget films.

by Anonymousreply 16May 4, 2024 1:24 PM

It’s available to watch on Tubi

by Anonymousreply 17May 5, 2024 12:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!