Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Extremely interesting visuals in XMen97

If you know

You know

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 9, 2024 4:34 AM

It's still crazy to me that the showrunner of this super well received show got dumped the way he did. When was the last time something like that happened?

by Anonymousreply 1May 3, 2024 1:26 PM

r1 yeah there is a story there. He was far too open as an isntaho but I doubt that is why he was let go. Wonder if it was a Shangela moment?

by Anonymousreply 2May 3, 2024 1:28 PM

It happens all the time. Creative people are often crazy.

But my point is…

…who is the creator of this show, and who does the cartoon character look like

by Anonymousreply 3May 3, 2024 1:30 PM

…this is very easy puzzle btw. First one who gets it gets a cookie.

by Anonymousreply 4May 3, 2024 1:32 PM

well, the creator is Beau DeMayo. Who does Magneto look like? A muscle bound white haired guy in a speedo chained up...so he looks like my Friday night.

by Anonymousreply 5May 3, 2024 3:21 PM

R5 maybe try talking it out loud

Are neurotypicals really this bad at making connections?

by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2024 4:08 PM

When I saw that scene with Magneto, I thought, "The internet is going to have some kind of reaction to this."

by Anonymousreply 7May 3, 2024 4:20 PM

…yet clearly not the obvious one

by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2024 4:53 PM

✊.

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2024 1:14 AM

I assume you mean Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2024 1:18 AM

🤦

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2024 1:25 AM

Okay obi wan who is it supposed to be?

by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2024 1:42 AM

[quote] Are neurotypicals really this bad at making connections?

Good grief, the autism troll returns.

For the last time, you do not have super powers. I know it makes you feel special to think you do, but you don’t.

by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2024 1:50 AM

R13 shouldn’t you be in the Ryan Gosling thread defending his honor?

by Anonymousreply 14May 4, 2024 1:52 AM

Oh boy

My point is that it looks like Henry Cavill in The Witcher

Beau Demayo was Cavill’s ally on The Witcher

So it’s odd that DeMayo chooses villain Magneto to look exactly like Geralt strung up in this lascivious bondage imagery.

And now there’s this.

Also using a villain character

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 6, 2024 3:00 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 6, 2024 3:14 PM

You do know DeMayo does not animate the show right? The Magneto character is drawn like he was drawn in the 2000s based on what he has looked like since the 60s. The fact you called everyone idiots for such an esoteric connection to a non-existent connection is laughable.

by Anonymousreply 17May 8, 2024 11:50 AM

But r17

Can you show me the comic where Magneto is strung up on an X in such a provocative position

I’ll wait

by Anonymousreply 18May 8, 2024 11:54 AM

I don't give a hoot what or who it is supposed to represent. It's fracking HOT! A hunky man with a full mane of hair and beard in skimpy briefs or a speedo bound to a St. Andrew's Cross....

Let the weekend fun commence!

by Anonymousreply 19May 8, 2024 11:55 AM

Would you like pics of Magneto nude?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 8, 2024 11:58 AM

at the mutant gay bath house

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 8, 2024 12:02 PM

Strung up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 8, 2024 12:03 PM

None of those are overtly sexual.

by Anonymousreply 23May 8, 2024 12:08 PM

Okay you win. All of Xmen 97 was just for DeMayo to convince animators to draw an established character to look Henry Cavill in the Witcher because he wants to fuck him in real life and put him in an overtly sexual positon of weakness for 2 minutes on screen. How could I not see it?

by Anonymousreply 24May 8, 2024 12:15 PM

Change the tensing of some words r24 and I’d be inclined to agree with you

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 8, 2024 12:32 PM

The writer in the deuxmoi post was corroborated to be DeMayo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 8, 2024 12:39 PM

So you are suggesting DeMayo was fired because he made Magneto look like Cavill and then put him in a provocative pose that looks semi sexual/bondage for about 30 second of screen time? That all of the XMen 97 was a smoke screen to do this.

by Anonymousreply 27May 8, 2024 12:52 PM

R27 No, you freaking dumbass, I think he was fired from XMen97 because he was he’s impossible to work with. He was fired from the Witcher for being difficult.

But if he is crazy, this is exactly the thing a crazy person would do

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 8, 2024 1:22 PM

r28 Again. DeMayo is not the animator. The look of Magento was well established before the Witcher. I am sure in your BDSM fantasy world you think DeMayo sent notes "Make sure he is trussed up arms and legs in as little as possible and he should look like Gerard from The Witcher. And if you can give him a semi there is an extra few rubles in your paycheck" But it just doesn't work like that. You seem entirely too invested in some made-up gay fantasy feud between DeMayo and Cavill. I am guessing Cavill has no idea about it.

by Anonymousreply 29May 8, 2024 3:09 PM

Comic Nerd Fight!

You two bring your best Pokémon cards tomorrow at 5pm!

by Anonymousreply 30May 9, 2024 2:08 AM

It was an homage to this cover of Uncanny X-Men. Stop trying to make connections that don’t exist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 9, 2024 2:17 AM

R29 you seem entirely too invested that it’s not the explanation

I am pointing out a pattern

The fact that magneto is posed this way and looks like geralt of rivia may merely be a coincidence

The fact that demayo copied exact scenes from Man of Steel is not

by Anonymousreply 32May 9, 2024 2:20 AM

Oh

Other people see it too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 9, 2024 4:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!